Arctic Combat PC

• Publisher: Webzen
  • Release Date: Dec 6, 2012
5.9

1. Dec 9, 2012
    Arctic Combat is a mixed bag. On one hand, the game is not horrible but there is a significant problem. One of the most fundamental aspects of a first person shooter is, well, the shooting. In Arctic Combat the lag from shooting will literally force you to lead your target by a significant amount, ie aiming completely ahead of the target at less than 20 yards to even hit them. I don't knowArctic Combat is a mixed bag. On one hand, the game is not horrible but there is a significant problem. One of the most fundamental aspects of a first person shooter is, well, the shooting. In Arctic Combat the lag from shooting will literally force you to lead your target by a significant amount, ie aiming completely ahead of the target at less than 20 yards to even hit them. I don't know if the makers have actually shot a gun before but that is beyond ridicules. The maps are okay, the gun selection is okay. The AI bots are the typical brainless bots that once your team sets up a choke point the game is over. They keep coming and you keep mowing them down. If you have a few moments to waste it will keep your attention for a few games. Nothing ground breaking as far as FPS games go. Expand
  2. Dec 16, 2012
    Is not that bad for a F2P game, still need to play more hours to test it properly, but i can tell you that;

* it's like some kind of mix between COD and CS, maybe with more close quarters maps, short range and fast action. * graphics are quite good IMHO, i think it looks better than COD on my PC, but maps are smaller instead. Just give it a try if you like FPS games with nice

Just give it a try if you like FPS games with nice graphics and fast gameplay.
  3. Jan 13, 2013
    Generic. That's really the word for it. It isn't good, it isn't bad, it's just...generic. There isn't much that Arctic Combat offers that you can't get from some random Call of Duty game.
  4. Mar 2, 2013
    This game is good for what it is: a free-to-play multi-player fps. While the backstory is weak and there are many hackers, it can be quite fun to play most of the time. I wouldn't have spent money on the game, but since it is free-to-play I downloaded it and have been having a good time.
  5. Jun 30, 2013
    This game was released in December 2012, and back then, the overall feeling was a little bit weak. But this game has grown over time, and I think they are doing great, and the game has become much funnier to play.
    One of the newest additions to the game, Defense mode, gives an amazing opportunity to earn In-Game money fast and easy, giving players a chance to buy almost every weapon they would like to have.

When I read other reviews of this game, it seems like people didn't like the game much back in December/January 2012/2013. But I think they should give it another try, because it has become so much better over the last months.

I like this game better and better for every month, and I think I would have to give it an 8 in a short time.
  6. Dec 27, 2012
    If you want Call of Duty, buy Call of Duty. Even if all you want is a simple FPS, don't bother with this. Arctic Combat is a just-different-enough-not-to-get-sued ripoff of the COD series with terrible translation, abhorrent voice acting, and lag bad enough to ruin any fun you might accidentally stumble across. The first grenade I tossed was greeted with a guttural "Grenade throw!"If you want Call of Duty, buy Call of Duty. Even if all you want is a simple FPS, don't bother with this. Arctic Combat is a just-different-enough-not-to-get-sued ripoff of the COD series with terrible translation, abhorrent voice acting, and lag bad enough to ruin any fun you might accidentally stumble across. The first grenade I tossed was greeted with a guttural "Grenade throw!" muttered by someone who must have completed a two-week correspondence course in English the night before; text throughout the game must have been rushed through the first Korean to English translator that came up on Altavista; and every second player who walks into my crosshairs jitters back and forth before careening into walls and ignoring their hitbox, making the game nearly impossible to play. When I finally get fed up with the poor performance and decide to exit, the game freezes for two or three (real, literal, no exaggeration) *minutes* before finally dropping me back to the lobby screen.

Don't think I just dislike B-quality imports, either: I still fire up Combat Arms occasionally because it's a genuinely entertaining game with good level design when you get a few buddies on the same server. Arctic Combat, however, doesn't even know how to draw a "B" when provided with four hours, an unlimited supply of pencils, and a personal handwriting coach.

Its promoters portray the game as some kind of slick, advancement-based MMO that encourages teamwork and quick reflexes, but let it be known: This is nothing but an FPS, and an extremely poorly implemented one, at that. Do not waste the bandwidth to download it.
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. CD-Action
    Mar 5, 2013
    Arctic Combat is not dripping with content and it’s crystal clear Webzen has no grasp of the nature of Call of Duty’s success. Their game is just average but can be entertaining at times. [CD-Action 03/2013, p.67]
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Feb 4, 2013
    When you are not dying, this online action game is actually pretty cool. But you will be dying most of the time. [Jan 2013]