9.0

1. Nov 6, 2011
    This game is a masterpiece. You get so much game for so little. With over 40 realistic campaign missions plus the official expansion pack, a handful of single player challenges, a map editor, and an excellent multiplayer, this classic is definitely worth $6 off of Steam!
  2. Oct 26, 2014
    (original 2001 rating: 10/10)
    But if compared directly to today's games, it may rate at 6/10, given the dated graphics etc.
    (original 2001 rating: 10/10)
    Probably the best game I have ever played (and I have played well over 100 games since starting with SimCity 2000). When it came out, the story was epic, graphics were epic (back in 2001), the sound and music was amazing, and the realism was a revolution for PC gaming. Years ahead of its time. Bohemia Interactive has made decent ARMA games since, but they were never quite as good, particularly the singleplayer campaigns have not been as good as in this game. Even in 2014+ this game is worth playing, because other than the now dated graphics, it is still on par with some of the best games of today.

There are no critic reviews yet.