7.5

1. Jun 27, 2013
    The game seems terrifying bad to me. The controls are outdated, the physics and AI are quite weak. Dialogues and video sequences can't be skipped. And the worst thing: Really annoying bugs everywhere. I won't ever buy any game from Bohemia Interactive again.
  2. Feb 19, 2014
    I signed up just to warn you about this game. Every single thing about this game is broken. Don't expect anything to work as designed. You might spend 500 hours messing around with 3-rd party mods that address a portion of the design flaws in this game, all the while you have to ask yourself, when does the fun start? If you enjoy experiencing hundreds of glitches and bugs, then youI signed up just to warn you about this game. Every single thing about this game is broken. Don't expect anything to work as designed. You might spend 500 hours messing around with 3-rd party mods that address a portion of the design flaws in this game, all the while you have to ask yourself, when does the fun start? If you enjoy experiencing hundreds of glitches and bugs, then you might find fun in this game!

Most of the actual fun of this game is theoretical, as you imagine what it could be like if it were fully realized.

I wouldn't hold out much hope for Arma 3 either, as a vast number of the flaws from this game carry over into Bohemia Interactive's newest game. They are either incapable or unwilling to address the problems.
  3. Dec 12, 2012
    I LOVED Cold War Crisis and was very excited to play Arma 2, but I'm extremely disappointed. Still has the open ended aspect and the potential to feel very real but the gameplay kills it. Friendly units run into things and get lost, or are impossible to give effective commands to, especially in combat situations. NPCs are useless. "hey helo pilot, there's a group of enemies down there.I LOVED Cold War Crisis and was very excited to play Arma 2, but I'm extremely disappointed. Still has the open ended aspect and the potential to feel very real but the gameplay kills it. Friendly units run into things and get lost, or are impossible to give effective commands to, especially in combat situations. NPCs are useless. "hey helo pilot, there's a group of enemies down there. mind hovering a minute so i can shoot them with the minigun mounted on the side here?" Nope, no command for that, just gonna drop you off in the middle of a bunch of **** shooting at you. Not to mention I just spent a hour reloading saves trying to sneak up on a group of enemies sitting around fires next to their tents, but as soon is I get anywhere near them they start shooting through the trees and bushes and kill all of my team before i can even get a good look at them, and this was once I resorted to putting the difficulty on recruit! WTF. I love the "get shot once and you're injured or die" aspect. I'm not saying it's too hard, the AI just ruins it. You'd think that these issues could be resolved considering the game came out years ago. I too was hoping the negative reviews were just being too critical, but they're accurate. If your getting this for the campaign, DON"T. I miss cold war crisis, arma 2 is somehow a big step backwards. If those asses are gonna turn out another arma like this let em stay in jail in greece Expand
  4. Jan 1, 2013
    Let's start off with controls. There is a difference between complex controls, and overly complicated and messy controls. If the controls were all organized logically, then a player's first impressions and ability to get into the game would be vastly improved. However, not only will you be forced to constantly check your control settings, but you will simply have to learn how to do everyLet's start off with controls. There is a difference between complex controls, and overly complicated and messy controls. If the controls were all organized logically, then a player's first impressions and ability to get into the game would be vastly improved. However, not only will you be forced to constantly check your control settings, but you will simply have to learn how to do every single thing in the game by yourself, as the tutorials are extremely sloppy, slow, and unclear. Controls that make sense are even more important when the movement in the game is sloppy and to be honest, just complete **** There is a difference between realism and sloppy movement. You will never feel in control of your character, and will be constantly reminded that you are controlling a game character who can't seem to move properly, as if it has physical disabilities.

Also sadly, in a game that prides itself on realism, physics in the game also feel sloppy, vehicles are sloopy, graphics are sloppy (could be justified by scale of world), firearms and weapons sound like paintball guns, AI troops seem to be complete idiots, the list goes on.

This game truly is for the dedicated player who does not mind sinking hundreds of hours into the game, just to play a sloppy game with no real entertainment value other than as a bland and boring shooting gallery. If you aren't willing, stay away.
  5. Jan 4, 2014
    If the CallofDuty & BattleField series leave you hungry for something much more realistic, try ARMA. However, it does have many flaws, including an overly complex difficult interface, advanced but very inconsistent and cheating AI, and a lot of serious bugs. The singleplayer is somewhat broken (if only they would do it like in the original Operation Flashpoint). Multiplayer was once theIf the CallofDuty & BattleField series leave you hungry for something much more realistic, try ARMA. However, it does have many flaws, including an overly complex difficult interface, advanced but very inconsistent and cheating AI, and a lot of serious bugs. The singleplayer is somewhat broken (if only they would do it like in the original Operation Flashpoint). Multiplayer was once the main appeal, but now few people play online, and it was always very vulnerable to hacking. But there is still nothing quite like ARMA. Graphics are excellent, but you need a very powerful PC for smooth gameplay. Expand
  6. Dec 7, 2013
    The game itself is a great idea, had lots of potential, and for a simulation, pretty good. The game offers a variety of actions that make you feel like you have more control over the game. However, it is not well done. On top of choppy movement, the game has some optimization problems, and plenty of bugs. The game is DX10, but a DX11 gpu still has problems with it. After poking throughThe game itself is a great idea, had lots of potential, and for a simulation, pretty good. The game offers a variety of actions that make you feel like you have more control over the game. However, it is not well done. On top of choppy movement, the game has some optimization problems, and plenty of bugs. The game is DX10, but a DX11 gpu still has problems with it. After poking through other reviews, it seems that the game was released too early, which is a shame because it could have become so much better than it is and could have had so many problems fixed. Unfortunately, I would not recommend you buy this game. Expand
  7. Jul 30, 2013
    Still no major improvements to the good old Operation Flashpoint. AI is still abysmal, graphics are not really that great. Controls and interface are not good and haven't really been improved. The singleplayer campaign is unbelievable slow and tedious. Operation Flashpoint with some good mods is still almost as good as this game released some ten years later. Disappointing.
  8. Mar 2, 2014
    My rating is for the game- WITHOUT- any mods. WITH mods that fix the game the rating would be a 5.

It's better than Arma 3... But what isn't? This is still made by Bohemia Interactive, a studio that is either profoundly lazy or terminally incompetent - pick one. Consequently, BIS produces software that can't ever be called "finished" and depends on legions of modders - not just to add content - but to actually FIX the game into a playable state. Arma 2 has a massive community which, over the years has turned Arma 2 into a unique and almost functional experience that, when it works, can be really fun.

BUT to get that good experience you will have to install a LOT of mods that (mostly) fix the AI and realism problems. Then you'll have to add any game expanding mods on top of the fixes and you'll end up with a massive directory set - all of which is going to have to work together with the native, bug-cursed half-as*ed crap code that Bohemia barfed onto the game disk. You will be spending HOURS just trying to troubleshoot an outdated poorly implemented code on an unoptimized game engine that was out of date the day this was released.

This is a game that, if undertaken by a half-competent studio, would have been revolutionary and amazing. After years of being worked on by modders this game really does have some brilliant and incredible moments, but those are fleeting when compared to the fixes/bugs/crashes you will spend more time sorting out. BIS and the Arma series is so enraging because they are SO close to something that works and that would be totally revolutionary, but instead of finishing the job they did it half-way and left players to fix their work. And as talented as the modders are- there is just only so much you can do with mods laid on top of the core code and using the horrible markup language.

If you are willing to put up with the constant troubleshooting between game errors, glitches and mod conflicts just to get this thing to run and work halfway decently. And if you can tolerate the numerous bugs, glitches and occasionally game-killing design flaws, then you WILL have some amazing experiences.

Honestly, even though I've put literally thousands of hours into this series, I can't really say that I recommend it. Especially since I'm older now, and just don't want to spend the few weekend hours I've got free to fix Bohemia's mistakes. If you've got the hours to sink into it, or you're satisfied with building really simple missions then give it a shot- it's FAR better than Arma 3 (but that's not hard) and really cheap.
  9. Mar 22, 2014
    If you're an octopus, you're going to like this game. Otherwise you probably won't be able to get used to the controls used in this game.

Seriously, for the first time I saw an FPS that had so many controls binded, that some of them were unable to be placed on the keyboard and had to be binded as combos (double shift for example). Additionally, I've had no fun while playing this game.
  10. Oct 14, 2013
    This might be great if you wanted to be in the army but due to an accident with your balls and a lobster you can't. However, I wanted a good single player experience... Instead I got some of the worst voice acting ever, some really robotic radio chatter and the desire to throw myself out of the window.
  11. Sep 4, 2011
    Fantastic game. One of my favorites actually. Realistic (one bullet can kill,bullet drop ...), huge battlefield, vehicles (from bikes to jets), amazing and realistic graphics, mods, fantastic MP (coop and pvp), mission editor, true successor to operation flashpoint: cold war crisis.
  12. Mar 5, 2013
    I really wanted to like this game; I really would like to play a good realistic military simulator. Unfortunately, confusing controls, bad AI and a lack of tutorials kept me from doing anything that I would consider engaged enough to count as "playing." Maybe I'm too mainstream for this game, but I just don't see why you need a specific button assigned to hopping over a fence. I couldn'tI really wanted to like this game; I really would like to play a good realistic military simulator. Unfortunately, confusing controls, bad AI and a lack of tutorials kept me from doing anything that I would consider engaged enough to count as "playing." Maybe I'm too mainstream for this game, but I just don't see why you need a specific button assigned to hopping over a fence. I couldn't get the AI to do anything resembling normal behavior. Very buggy. 4/10 Expand
  13. Feb 22, 2013
    I am a hardcore old skool Operation Flashpoint fan but this game makes me sick.If you dont have enough time to finish the game at least make sure the mission triggers work.
    You will find that even the first tutorial and the first mission are very hard to finish simply because they are buggy as hell. They are too complex for the medieval mission system to work. First missions should be immersing, rewarding and easy to complete. Not like this. The engine is very slow and choppy and it prevents you from enjoying the GFX.
    I have no good things to say because I didn't get far enough to see them.
  14. Aug 31, 2013
    What's the point in making something that doesn't work properly? Like a ferrary with an engine that stalls every 100m, that's exactly what arma 2 is. Controls are horrible, I cannot believe they couldn't have done a better job with the controls. The whole scheme reeks of utter irrationality. Gameplay is practically absent, a silly sandbox experience, online is broken as well. HorriblyWhat's the point in making something that doesn't work properly? Like a ferrary with an engine that stalls every 100m, that's exactly what arma 2 is. Controls are horrible, I cannot believe they couldn't have done a better job with the controls. The whole scheme reeks of utter irrationality. Gameplay is practically absent, a silly sandbox experience, online is broken as well. Horribly optimized engine to put glazing on this "cake". Expand
  15. Grunt0311
    Dec 23, 2009
    This is by far the best tactical sim out there it has something for every one. First person shooting, RTS and a modding community that brings anything and everything to the table. the graphics are top notch and the attention to detail on the smallest things really makes this game great. As a former marine grunt who served in Iraq this game is the closest you can get to real combat without This is by far the best tactical sim out there it has something for every one. First person shooting, RTS and a modding community that brings anything and everything to the table. the graphics are top notch and the attention to detail on the smallest things really makes this game great. As a former marine grunt who served in Iraq this game is the closest you can get to real combat without serving. Expand
  16. KyleW.
    Nov 8, 2009
    Best "game" I have played in a long time. Game has slight problems when it first came out but knowing how big of a game this is it's understandable also the developers have always updated the game to the point that it runs flawlessly on some lesser computers. Last thoughts are. Game isn't hard, because it's not entirely a game it's a simulation. Simulations are Best "game" I have played in a long time. Game has slight problems when it first came out but knowing how big of a game this is it's understandable also the developers have always updated the game to the point that it runs flawlessly on some lesser computers. Last thoughts are. Game isn't hard, because it's not entirely a game it's a simulation. Simulations are supposed to be hard...they are simulations. Expand
  17. Apr 26, 2011
    If you are looking for a COD clone, stay away. If you are looking for something similar to the travesties named "Dragon Rising" and "Red River," stay away (and kill yourself shortly afterwards, for shame). ArmA 2 is none of these, and will disappoint you immensely. The simplest way to review ArmA 2 for the PC is to look at its long and distinguished heritage.

Bohemia Interactive Studios

Bohemia Interactive Studios (BIS), the designer, made a name for themselves in 2001 with the ground-breaking Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis (hereafter referenced as "the original Flashpoint"). The original Flashpoint was a PC gaming triumph; it was a battlefield simulator of an unprecedented scale. No longer were players bounded by invisible walls and boundaries - if you saw it on the horizon, you could head there, if you saw a better position or approach to a target, you could use it. You could command or simply be a cog in the war machine. One enemy (or friendly, for that matter) bullet in the right place would end your brief career. Combined arms operations became a reality. You could fly, in fixed wing or rotary wing aircraft. You could drive tanks, cars, trucks, go-karts, mountain bikes and almost any conceivable type of vehicle. You could use an immense variety of weaponry. The revolutionary AI operated totally sans scripting, and would often prove (in the hands of a cunning mission designer) your undoing again and again. And this was simply the vanilla game.

The Crown Jewel in the original Flashpoint's crown was its "modability." The game itself was ported with the most powerful mission editor seen at that point in gaming, allowing almost infinite replay value - want to create D-Day? Go for it. Paradrop yourself and your buddies behind enemy lines to whack some HVTs? Easy. Huge tank battle? No worries. This was compounded infinitely (again) with the advent of the Oxygen 3D tools, which allowed the burgeoning community to port their own models into the game.

The community work was small scale at first - a retexture here, config change there. However, merely a blink of an eye later, with logarithmic speed, a burgeoning source of creative output was realised. The most appreciable thing about the modding of the original Flashpoint was that it was ACCESSIBLE to ANYONE. Tutorials sprung up on basic modeling and texturing, which allowed even new players to put their dreams into the game. New vehicles, new weapons, entire armies, never-before-seen islands and terrains, unique scenarios, both PvP and coop (and all mixtures of the two!) and no less than entire modifications were spawned out of the minds of the community. There was a goddamn Lego Wars mod, and a ROFLcopter, for Christ's sake. Cold War Crisis became THE benchmark of what a game imbued with a passionate community could become. Mods are still being produced for the venerable engine of 2001 even today.

Apart from modding, another hallmark of the original Flashpoint (hah, there I go again) was the outstanding community support. BIS, an independent developer, maintain a professional stance with their products, and are renowned for supporting their games and listening to community suggestions. They do not suddenly fade away or abandon their works, unlike many a modern studio.

ArmA 2 was released in 2009. It is the spiritual successor to the original Flashpoint, and I don't refer to the abortions produced by Codemasters, who own the Operation Flashpoint name and nothing more. I don't mean "spiritual successor" in the way that Bioshock was to System Shock, and how the continual intellectual depredations and hardware limitations of the console crowd have degraded that franchise. ArmA 2 is the essence of Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis packaged for modern technology. The limitless potential remains potent; the mission editor more powerful than ever, the community immensely strong, still producing content of a quality that is second-to-none, the campaigns and scenarios fresh and engrossing. When PC Gamer stated that "Only boring people get bored with the ever-evolving ArmA 2", they told a truth more profound than ever.

ArmA 2 is not a game - it is the latest iteration of a way of life. I bought the original Flashpoint when I was 14, and still played through the original campaign not a year ago. I am now 24, and the latest brainchild of BIS has yet to let me down.

For God's sake, if you are not in one of the unfortunate categories listed at the beginning of this spiel, and are remotely interested in military operations, do yourself a favour, and download ArmA 2 and its DLC packs today.
  18. May 20, 2011
    Ignore the people complaining its too much of a simulation and too complicated. This is not **** Call of Duty or **** Battlefield. This is a SIMULATION, bullet drops, gasoline, you need to play SMART and with TACTICS. Use a mic', join a squad. HAVE FUN! THIS GAME IS AWESOME, HELL YEAH!
  19. JoshQ
    Jun 26, 2009
    The weapons and ballistics are phenomenal, the scale of the map is great, the maneuvering is immersive, but it lacks the depth of most other games. It's exactly what it says, a simulator, there is no epic storyline or great atmosphere. This and the length time between action, the lack of gore animations, among a lot of smaller things is why this game isn't as fun as it could be.
  20. Aug 18, 2010
    ArmA 2 -- let me put it this way. If you ever wanted to play a combat game that would be bigger, more involved, more dynamic and customizable than anything you've ever imagined, ArmA 2 is it. Having played the game for over three hundred hours at this point, I can safely say that there isn't a finer battlefield simulator around.

The true gem to ArmA 2, however, lies not in the game

The true gem to ArmA 2, however, lies not in the game itself, but in the community of modders and 'teams' of players who group up to do battle on a regular basis -- such as Shack Tactical. Even after the campaign and single missions are well over, you're a few forum posts away from finding a group of people who like the same multiplayer things you do and having hundreds of hours of fun.

At least, I know that's how it went for me!
  21. syscrash
    Dec 31, 2009
    With the new 1.05 update. This game is insane! The graphics are better then Arma1, AI has finally improved! This game is like a BF series game on steriods. Has a huge learning curve and is not for ADHD kids who just want to run around and FPS all day. This game takes patience and time to learn. But once you learn it you will have a total blast. The best part is the modding community which With the new 1.05 update. This game is insane! The graphics are better then Arma1, AI has finally improved! This game is like a BF series game on steriods. Has a huge learning curve and is not for ADHD kids who just want to run around and FPS all day. This game takes patience and time to learn. But once you learn it you will have a total blast. The best part is the modding community which makes the game grow even more. This is not your typical military simulator where you play to your round ends. Arma2 has no rounds, it is just one massive war fought over a beatiful landscape. Take off from aircraft carriers and insert a sniper team up in the mountains or make an assault with armored tanks. You make the choice and the opitions are endless. You can't just run around and play this game BF style. You need to use tactics and think real life. You need to use cover and concealment constantly. You also need to play as a team. Expand
  22. May 20, 2012
    The good: Incredible graphics, massive maps and vast array of beautiful vehicles and hardware
    The bad: Terrible single player campaign, awful input lag, shocking voice acting, mindless voice script written by schoolkids (subtitles riddled with typos), broken or inexplicable events in missions... Prepare to fail a mission because something happened miles away which you have no idea about, or you didn't find an item or say the right thing to someone an hour earlier... W...T...!

Surely the worst thing is the interface. To call a helicopter to your location and get it to travel to where you want to go requires psychic powers. If you do get the helo to come to you, make sure all your squad get in, the AI aborts getting into vehicles if the person and the vehicle aren't in perfect sync. Finding out how to do it will require forum help or a youtube vid - unbelievable. Otherwise you'll find yourself sitting in the helo with your squad with no way to instruct the pilot where to take you.
    Honestly, the interface is appalling and unintuitive, much like ARMA was and Op Flashpoint before that. The new flashpoint games didn't review so well, but I played one of those too and was so pleased that the menus work and the missions were actually interesting. It wasn't as ambitious as ARMA2, but I played it through... I've tried that with ARMA2 a few times, but always got sick of the interface or stupid scripting. I went back with a much faster computer today, for a third go. Loaded up the old saves and it still looks great. Two hours of frustration later I'm venting on the internet. Save me.
  23. stigp
    Jan 4, 2010
    You have to see it for what it is, the wast majority of people will not enjoy this game. But for those longing for its unforging, nervwrecking, realistic gameplay and teamwork, there is a goldpot at the end of the rainbow in this game.
  24. Jan 5, 2011
    ARMA II is a game for people who are into real action. But the problem with this game is that there are too many controls. It is way to complicated compared to any other first person shooter out there. You have controls for flying a helicopter, plane, car, boat... anything. They need to separate all of the controls into separate columns. There are controls where you need to push 2-3ARMA II is a game for people who are into real action. But the problem with this game is that there are too many controls. It is way to complicated compared to any other first person shooter out there. You have controls for flying a helicopter, plane, car, boat... anything. They need to separate all of the controls into separate columns. There are controls where you need to push 2-3 buttons just to do one action. Another thing is, when you fire the weapon, it is not very realistic at all... I have no idea if it is just my PC or what, because all the gun does is barely nudge when you fire it... like a little jolt. Above that... I would say this game is pretty realistic and fun. Expand
  25. Nov 15, 2011
    this is for a hard core military nuts dream so much stuff so many key commands feels like a game from 98 runs like you are playing it on a pc from 98 sp runs fine but mp is a whole outer bag . if you dont work as a team you wont get any were in it need to play with a whole platoon of friends for fun. if you want a simulation this is it there's even a mod to make it more of a simulation butthis is for a hard core military nuts dream so much stuff so many key commands feels like a game from 98 runs like you are playing it on a pc from 98 sp runs fine but mp is a whole outer bag . if you dont work as a team you wont get any were in it need to play with a whole platoon of friends for fun. if you want a simulation this is it there's even a mod to make it more of a simulation but for me i spent most of my time running from grass plane to the woods and getting killed when i thought it was safe. it is free to play now so give it a go put the time in and you will sound like one of the guys on the mic graxs can be incredible but if you wanna play it you gota tone it down a notch. performance is all over the place kinda like the controls . die you might spawn as a bird i dont know wtf that is about lol Expand
  26. Feb 7, 2013
    Arma II to me is the pinnacle of PC gaming. Enthralling, nerve-shredding militaristic game play in a huge, open, real-world environment. The modding community is massive and there are some terrific mods to tweak all aspects of the game. Really excels in multiplayer and the editor is very powerful. Has been patched by the developer, so no more excuses! Can't recommend it highly enough
  27. Jul 8, 2012
    Okay...where to begin.
    This is one of the worst engines and platforms I have ever seen in the history of gaming. The controls are terrible, the physics are mediocre, the character movement is horrifying, the lack of a jump button makes me think Mario never happened, and to top it all off, the graphics are extremely sub-par for when this game was released.
    The sheer amount of controls
    Okay...where to begin.

The sheer amount of controls is silly. There are much simpler ways to accomplish an experience that is just as dynamic as one that only gets there by making me use a hundred different controls to do everything.

DayZ was the reason I bought this game, but it is unplayable because the designer decided to use the worst platform in FPS history. Huge waste of money.

If someone tells you this game is good, take that with a sixty pound grain of salt. That person is most likely looking for a complex immersive experience and are grasping at the few straws that made this game unique.

I tried playing single player, and it is even worse than multiplayer. Extremely boring and slow paced, 2003 graphics, choppy, error prone moving objects...just overall an incomplete game without really any shining qualities to make it worthwhile other than the potential of DayZ.

I'm running this at maximum maximum graphics on a fairly modern PC bought in August 2011. 16 gigs of ram, 1 gig GeForce 560, quad core 3.1 ghz intel i5.
  28. Jun 26, 2011
    ArmA II is a strange beast. It looks gorgeous, possesses an incredible coolness factor and can be highly immersive and engaging at times. But ultimately it's a false friend. A friend you simply cannot trust. You cannot trust the AI of your buddies, you cannot trust the mission triggers and you cannot trust the insanely complicated control system. On top of all, It crashes every 30 minutesArmA II is a strange beast. It looks gorgeous, possesses an incredible coolness factor and can be highly immersive and engaging at times. But ultimately it's a false friend. A friend you simply cannot trust. You cannot trust the AI of your buddies, you cannot trust the mission triggers and you cannot trust the insanely complicated control system. On top of all, It crashes every 30 minutes (even with the latest updates installed). Sorry Bohemia. I really wanted to like that game but it's simply too ambitious for it's own sake. Expand
  29. HF2
    Jun 5, 2011
    This is a must for all who love war sims or ex servicemen who miss the old days. Completely believable war sim game, ideal for myself as the action is thought out and executed using tactics rather than running around in a linear corridor like most so called war games which propose to be realistic but never are. This game is great.
  30. NehJ
    Aug 1, 2009
    One of the best games ever existed. Only for true hardcore players and Bohemia fans. This is probably the best game ever, almost as good as Operation Flashpoint. Don't always whine about the bugs, try to live with them. They are easily fixed. I know i know, not for all players, but those who really need an realistic game to play. Fantastic.
  31. NickD.
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ignore the people complaining its too much of a simulation and too complicated. Its a simulation it's suppose to be complicated. Why would you buy a simulation if you wanted an FPS? 90% of the people voting low on this game are ignorant kids.
  32. JonH
    Dec 28, 2009
    This game is unlimited,VBS2 and Arma2 are no different for tactical game players,the code and game play hs no competition! OFP2 tryed and failed,the RUN AND GUN COD not even close,real modern warfare ,real tactics MOS,SOP's the only clan that offers that and more is www.7thcavalry.us the yellow and black Tactical Realism Arma2
  33. Jan 8, 2013
    wow is this game ever crap.anyone who thinks for one second this game is a quality simulator has obviously never played a real simulator this games controls are crap the worst are the vehicle controls if you have ever played a REAL simulator and then get in a vehicle on this pile of junk you will be very disappointing i feel like i threw 30 bucks in the trash when i bought this pile ofwow is this game ever crap.anyone who thinks for one second this game is a quality simulator has obviously never played a real simulator this games controls are crap the worst are the vehicle controls if you have ever played a REAL simulator and then get in a vehicle on this pile of junk you will be very disappointing i feel like i threw 30 bucks in the trash when i bought this pile of crap.you can call it anything you want the devs can call it a amazing simulator but its just a lackluster buggy pile of crap.. and the controls are not very customizable at all try getting a pro flight setup to work right on this game you cant.i play full on military flights sims regularly and this is so bad.save yourself some money and just buy battlefield 3 its a lot more fun then you will have with this junk.if you want a good flight sim try falcon 4.0 or a-10c warthog or even microsoft flight but don't waste your cash here. Expand
  34. Mar 12, 2013
    Garbage with a pretty face.
    When it takes more effort to change weapons in a game than it does in real life, there is a problem.
    Outrageous learning curve with a million controls for very simple tasks. Voice acting that makes the Resident Evil series blush. It feels very unfinished, unpolished and unprofessional. On the other hand the graphics look nice, most of the time. Only a few
    Garbage with a pretty face.

On the other hand the graphics look nice, most of the time. Only a few graphical hiccups that I saw.
  35. SBrown
    Jul 12, 2009
    This is definitely a game for die-hard fans of the Arma/Flashpoint series. As a newcomer to Arma, albeit an experienced FPS gamer, I found the game to be very confusing at times. This was primarily due to the lack of information and guidance the game provided to enable the player to figure at what needed to be accomplished. This is readily apparent within the multiplayer arena where This is definitely a game for die-hard fans of the Arma/Flashpoint series. As a newcomer to Arma, albeit an experienced FPS gamer, I found the game to be very confusing at times. This was primarily due to the lack of information and guidance the game provided to enable the player to figure at what needed to be accomplished. This is readily apparent within the multiplayer arena where players seem to be poorly organised; lacking even a basic understanding of what their objectives/targets are. This creates a confused atmosphere where squads are not coordinated and no sense of teamwork exists. As many others have mentioned the game also appears to be extremely buggy in certain areas, negatively affecting the gamer's experience. The game has also been reported to run poorly on even very high spec PCs. Hence it seems that Arma 2 has been released before its ready with many significant patch updates still needing to be issued. In summary Arma 2 is an unpolished game that fails to provide sufficient guidance to those who are newcomers to the series. The numerous bugs and mediocre hardware performance adds to these issues. These problems add up to a large fundamental issue which severely affects the gameplay and ultimately the enjoyment of the game itself. A poor game in almost all departments: 4/10. Expand
  36. Mar 31, 2011
    Simply, the best combat simulator out there. Much improved in latest patches and continually supported by the developers and community. Multi-core support added, improving the game immensely. Watch for the stand alone/add-on Operation Flashpoint and Reinforcements. They add new maps and units and also even more game improvements. An epic game!
  37. Derek
    Jul 15, 2009
    I couldn't play it. Controls and movement where crap, and it was really buggy. And the post processing effect on very high gives the same effect from moving really fast as last night when I was wasted. I hated it, and am already uninstalling it.
  38. SimonP
    Aug 6, 2009
    I really wanted to like this game but even with the latest patch it is simply too full of bugs and glitches to be an enjoyable experience. I can live with a game which has a plethora of controls if it's sufficiently enjoyable and fun to play to make me stick around and learn them, but the frustrations of having my team mates get stuck behind objects and other mission crippling bugs I really wanted to like this game but even with the latest patch it is simply too full of bugs and glitches to be an enjoyable experience. I can live with a game which has a plethora of controls if it's sufficiently enjoyable and fun to play to make me stick around and learn them, but the frustrations of having my team mates get stuck behind objects and other mission crippling bugs has just made me lose interest. I will probably return to this when it's been patched and modded into something that's actually playable. Expand
  39. mexn
    Jul 28, 2009
    Do you like simulators? I mean, like Falcon 4.0? where u need to learn more than 50 keys? Where you spends 4+ hours to do a simple task/mission? Do you like bugged simulators? like those that u can not finished a mission because a bug? games that can not run well in a high end pc? If you answer is yes to both, this game is for you.
  40. Role
    Aug 7, 2009
    Oh dear. This is the same game engine as used by bohemian interactive for operation flashpoint way back in the year 2000. Whilst they have updated the graphics, that is all they have updated. The same horrible user hating interface remains, the same voice 'patch' synthesis remains, and the same dumb AI remains as well as many of the pathfinding and other bugs that plagued the Oh dear. This is the same game engine as used by bohemian interactive for operation flashpoint way back in the year 2000. Whilst they have updated the graphics, that is all they have updated. The same horrible user hating interface remains, the same voice 'patch' synthesis remains, and the same dumb AI remains as well as many of the pathfinding and other bugs that plagued the title. I'm a fully trained infantry man and yet I cannot scale a waist high fence or at least kick it down? It also seems my camo uniform is a waste of time as the enemy can see and shoot me from miles away, yet I cannot hit them when proned and firing with a sniper rifle. Don't even get me started on the god awful flight controls for planes and heli's. War is hell? No idea but this 'game' is. Expand
  41. jonte
    Jun 29, 2009
    bad controls runs bad on current hardware and full of bugs, u spawn in multipalery only to have people spawn kill you, bugs galore, really noob voice acting, i could do a better job, gameplay just seems off, aiming problems they need to fix when using deadzone aiming, weird unfarmiliar button layout for keyboards, i would stick with arma 1 until patches are released
  42. MikeM
    Jul 9, 2009
    This might be a deep and satisfying war simulator, but I ran into so many bugs in boot camp I have given up on it. Each time on the shooting range some guys come and shoot my instructor while I'm messing with the anti tank stuff! I dont have the time to waste on games that arent finished or are waiting for patches, in my opinion this should have had another six months work before This might be a deep and satisfying war simulator, but I ran into so many bugs in boot camp I have given up on it. Each time on the shooting range some guys come and shoot my instructor while I'm messing with the anti tank stuff! I dont have the time to waste on games that arent finished or are waiting for patches, in my opinion this should have had another six months work before release. It may be great if your willing to endure the bugs but we shouldnt have to having paid Expand
  43. BrianW.
    Jun 29, 2009
    This game has so much potential but might be THE WORST game ever released. The graphics are beautiful and the strategy are there but It is so buggy it should not have been released. It's like have an incredible stereo and kick a$$ rims on a car can't get out of the driveway. The only game in my 20+ years of video gaming thatI wish I could get a refund on. So much potential and This game has so much potential but might be THE WORST game ever released. The graphics are beautiful and the strategy are there but It is so buggy it should not have been released. It's like have an incredible stereo and kick a$$ rims on a car can't get out of the driveway. The only game in my 20+ years of video gaming thatI wish I could get a refund on. So much potential and UTTERLY DISAPPOINTING. Do not buy this game until it is patched and they have ALOT of work to do. Expand
  44. RoyW.
    Jul 15, 2009
    Man, this game has fantastic graphics....... and its also unfinished! I can't beilive i wasted $50 and 6gb downloads on this game. Its fun for around 2 hours but the bugs and the general struructure of the whole game is completly unapealling! Thw voice is awful, ths guns fire like shit, driving is so hard its not funny and the AI needs a good slap in the face!!!!
  45. May 2, 2012
    The concept of the game is fantastic. If not for the horrible optimization in the engine and the terrible net code it would by all accounts be a brilliant game. As it is, the poor performance and terrible online performance make this shooter virtually unplayable. This is a game that I wanted to love but the actual game play is just frustrating with the bugs and poor performance on mediumThe concept of the game is fantastic. If not for the horrible optimization in the engine and the terrible net code it would by all accounts be a brilliant game. As it is, the poor performance and terrible online performance make this shooter virtually unplayable. This is a game that I wanted to love but the actual game play is just frustrating with the bugs and poor performance on medium to high end machines built for gaming. The A.I. is simplistic but the true measure is playing against live opponents. Hopefully ARMA 3 does a better job of engine optimization. Expand
  46. Oct 20, 2012
    Bought it for dayZ, love it for dayZ, the DayZ mod gets a 10/10 for me.

Bought it for dayZ, love it for dayZ, the DayZ mod gets a 10/10 for me.

Otherwise it's just too control complex to be fun, especially (plane) flight. The beauty of a PC game vs a console game (among a long list of things) is that controls don't have to be limited to four - 8 buttons. But seriously.... you dont need to use all 116 keys and every part of the mouse for EACH control scheme (infantry, land vehicle, helicopter, multiple types of aircraft etc.) It's near impossible to fly without a joystick. imagine, if you will, the following:

A + D = roll W + S = pitch ...so far so good =) now add
    Q + Z = trottle up and down... ok so it's hard to bank left and use throttle, I can handle that... but wait there's more!
    X + C = Yaw.. so now that you're trying to make fine adjustments to properly lead and strafe you need to completely forget you're throttle because you're trying to maintain your bank to match your're adversary. but wait... turning too hard makes you loose velocity.... so stop tuning with yaw, correct speed. return to yaw. But wait there's more!

F = to select your weapons, which aren't quite clear what they even are at first. until you accidentally fire one of the 2 only missles, 2 bombs, or 300 bullets you have (which you can empty in 4-5 seconds.)

But wait! There's more! While you're trying to simply stay away from the ground and fumble in utter dumbfoundedness with you're weapons while trying to hit a peanut sized target with next to no ammo remaining, you moved you're mouse! Oops it controls pitch and roll too, at the same time as the keyboard! While trying to grasp all this at once you realise your landing gear is still down.... ok so now it's off the the scroll wheel menu to retract it (which is actually quite alien at first). Now you're distracted for a few seconds from the incoming ground with your upside down aircraft seemingly resisting all your movements by about 25%. So on top of all this you now need to compensate for the resistance to your movement. Oh and remember to close/retract/lower your flaps. Whatever term the game uses is useless because you're scroll menu offers "flaps up" or 'flaps down". Am i lowering them from the top of the aircraft to close them? Or was it bring the flaps from the bottom up to retract them... Oh hey, there's a note on the top right of the screen, something about using TAB to acquire targets... Wait... there were instructions there.... that's ok I'll restart again.... *reading* Welcome to the tuto... *switch* times up! new message! In this excercise we will be going to *switch*. There is litterally a 5 line message that is on screen for less than a second.

Did I mention this is only the boot camp?

Now lets clear something up. I LOVE complex games. From ROTK to Total War to Crusader Kings II to Europa Univeralis. I enjoy a steep learning curve because the time invested usually nets a fantastic game that not every moron can just jump on to "pWn HiS n0oBzoRs" or whatever it is they do. I have over 14 hours of play simply in the tutorials. I have nearly given up on the main game. But I'm a stubborn type that will keep doing it till it's done. But most people will have given up ages ago, which is a bit of a shame. The game has a fantastic engine overall and is almost unerringly realistic. If the tutorial gets a very extensive tune-up I could see many more positive reviews. But too many people are kicked flat in the teeth with this (fun but) incredibly newbie unfriendly game.

Ending on a positive note thought, glitches have been non-existant to me. So I don't know if I'm just missing them out of sheer dumb luck or they have been fixed by now.
  47. Jimmy
    Oct 27, 2009
    Absolutely disgusting. How BIS actually thought this game was ready for release is way beyond me. By far the most unfinished, unpolished and all out unprofessional game I have ever played. Right now I am looking at Arma:Armed Assault and thinking how on earth its sequel was more buggy! After playing Dragon Rising this is just a total disappointment. The reason its not a 0 Is because I Absolutely disgusting. How BIS actually thought this game was ready for release is way beyond me. By far the most unfinished, unpolished and all out unprofessional game I have ever played. Right now I am looking at Arma:Armed Assault and thinking how on earth its sequel was more buggy! After playing Dragon Rising this is just a total disappointment. The reason its not a 0 Is because I know EVENTUALLY Expand
  48. pipelinecache
    Jul 9, 2009
    The controls are so bad that they call it realism. Having a keybinding for every single type of action you can perform ingame only makes the interaction complex and sluggish. It has nothing to do with realism. Sure, after a while (of frustration) you might get used to it, but in the end it's a key bashing memory game. If that sounds like real life movement to you, I recommend seeing The controls are so bad that they call it realism. Having a keybinding for every single type of action you can perform ingame only makes the interaction complex and sluggish. It has nothing to do with realism. Sure, after a while (of frustration) you might get used to it, but in the end it's a key bashing memory game. If that sounds like real life movement to you, I recommend seeing a neural doctor on a regular basis. Although it's not the most important factor in this type of game, the graphics quality is quite low and pretty unstable. Glitches are everywhere but it's not the worst part of the product. The overall engine performance is so bad that alot of people with highend hardware are complaining it's unplayable. Even if you've got a zillion core grid computing system, the engine isn't making very good use of it. Unless they have taken quantum mechanics in consideration for the physics engine, Bohemia would be far better off licensing a working solution. Check the demo and experience the most realistic hangover. Expand
  49. BrianLapor
    Jul 1, 2009
    Holy **** was the first expression I got when I bought my copy of ArmA2. I can not explain in words of how fun this game is but I can tell you I have never played anything more realistic. This has gotten me amazed at how good a game Bohemia Interactive made. I will for sure be watching for more patches, updates, and games coming from Bohemia Interactive.
  50. AndersN.
    Jul 24, 2009
    I'm sorry bohomia but this game is down the drain i cant belive i wasted 47
  51. Dec 23, 2012
    At release, Arma II was in horrible condition. Very bad performance, loads of bugs and glitches. Keen point to stress though: Bohemia Interactive never abandone their games and their support is great. Arma 2s current state is very stable. However, this game is for those who enjoy realism and tactical combat. There is no progression system. This is not Battlefield nor Call of Duty. Try toAt release, Arma II was in horrible condition. Very bad performance, loads of bugs and glitches. Keen point to stress though: Bohemia Interactive never abandone their games and their support is great. Arma 2s current state is very stable. However, this game is for those who enjoy realism and tactical combat. There is no progression system. This is not Battlefield nor Call of Duty. Try to use any of the tactics you use in most arcade games and arma will shovel a boot up your ass. The enemy AI is designed to kill you - not to amuse you. Controls are very complex. The environment is HUGE - 220km2. Missions are not scripted til death; on the battlefield you'll often be confused in the heat of the combat because the battlefield is ever changing. With that said, the game isn't streamlined, its not a railshooter. Graphics is great on highest settings but the game requires a great computer. Mission editor is improved a lot. Huge of free user-made mods for this game. If you like games that actually CHALLANGE you, then arma is for you, because this game will for sure teach you a lesson! This is for the tactical gamer. Expand
  52. ZacharyH
    Dec 24, 2009
    Amazing! What other game allows ya to build a military force and buildings. This game is amazing in MP
  53. Jul 19, 2012
    Terrible controls.
    Terrible controls.
    This game is horribly ridden with bugs and glitches, the controls are very difficult to use (Specifically mouse- controlled aiming) and it is very easy to get frustrated with this game very quickly. I cannot get past the first mission just because of how difficult the controls are to use, and there is a 3 second delay between moving my mouse and the game responding to that. This would be a great game otherwise, but I literally cannot do anything if my character cannot even aim properly.
  54. KB
    Jan 16, 2010
    Pros- Great graphics, if it was optimized correctly. -Hug open land and editor Cons- -Optimization is wretched. -Control scheme was idiotic -AI is either cheap, or stupid -Voice acting is terrible. In The demo scenario, I swear the one guy who talked in the helicopter the most was 14 years old. -Bugs galore -In the demo, there are only 4 voices, two of them a replicas It just feels Pros- Great graphics, if it was optimized correctly. -Hug open land and editor Cons- -Optimization is wretched. -Control scheme was idiotic -AI is either cheap, or stupid -Voice acting is terrible. In The demo scenario, I swear the one guy who talked in the helicopter the most was 14 years old. -Bugs galore -In the demo, there are only 4 voices, two of them a replicas It just feels unfinished even for a demo. I greatly enjoyed Operation Flashpoint 1 and 2, but this is so poorly constructed. I dislike CoD because of it's arcade shooter, that is why I play OP flash point and Far Cry 2. But this, this is almost a joke. Collapse
  55. BradleyC
    Aug 10, 2009
    Anyone saying this game is a 10 is most likely paid to do so by BIS. This is a good simulator and i like the graphics if on HIGH/VERY HIGH but that is where it all ends. The engine is dated and the developers are simply not keeping up with new hardware. More than half of the community in the BIS forums are having issues with the game performing somewhat playable on there machines. This Anyone saying this game is a 10 is most likely paid to do so by BIS. This is a good simulator and i like the graphics if on HIGH/VERY HIGH but that is where it all ends. The engine is dated and the developers are simply not keeping up with new hardware. More than half of the community in the BIS forums are having issues with the game performing somewhat playable on there machines. This game is not even close to being worth 50 dollars and if your smart you will wait until they release more patches and the game is cheaper by then. I am in disbeliefe anyone would rate this game 10! Expand
  56. PeteW
    Jul 2, 2009
    These high scores must be from Ubisoft employees. I tried the demo--this is 2009 folks, not 1999. Without a doubt the worst voice acting I have heard in a long, long time--but that's besides the point. This game is absolutely horrible. It's on a class of it's own as far a "poor" goes. Don't take my word for it--download and play the demo. Then start watching the user These high scores must be from Ubisoft employees. I tried the demo--this is 2009 folks, not 1999. Without a doubt the worst voice acting I have heard in a long, long time--but that's besides the point. This game is absolutely horrible. It's on a class of it's own as far a "poor" goes. Don't take my word for it--download and play the demo. Then start watching the user ratings come in (other than Ubisoft employees). Then spend your hard earned money if you want. Be smart. Expand
  57. moisesl
    Jul 4, 2009
    Sorry not really impressed. graphics not good but the lighting is perfect. not the graphics. shadows are poor as well. AI are pretty stupid and some of them really need fixing like you have this guy who's training you at the shooting range but you haven't even fired a single bullet and tells you that you suck! thats one f***d up AI!!! this is actually the most disappointing Sorry not really impressed. graphics not good but the lighting is perfect. not the graphics. shadows are poor as well. AI are pretty stupid and some of them really need fixing like you have this guy who's training you at the shooting range but you haven't even fired a single bullet and tells you that you suck! thats one f***d up AI!!! this is actually the most disappointing waste of money I got from steam. terrible!! Expand
  58. LeovW
    Jul 2, 2009
    Beautiful gfx, but the bugs make it unplayable. I'm in the training range and my trainer gets shot. The game ends blaming me for shooting my trainer. I haven't even figured out how arm myself, let alone fire a shot. I tried again. This time i figured out how to shoot and switch weapons. TOO COMPLICATED for such a simple command. It should be a one-click action, but Arma 3 Beautiful gfx, but the bugs make it unplayable. I'm in the training range and my trainer gets shot. The game ends blaming me for shooting my trainer. I haven't even figured out how arm myself, let alone fire a shot. I tried again. This time i figured out how to shoot and switch weapons. TOO COMPLICATED for such a simple command. It should be a one-click action, but Arma 3 requires three-clicks. Then they tell me drive over there to another shooting range. Again I get blamed for shooting my trainer. wth! Third try: I managed to blow up some wooden tanks cursing the complicated interface. How do I use the scope? I see my weapon has a scope but I can't seem to use it. unc00l. Okay the trainer didn't roll over and just died this time, but sends me at the other end of a field to prove myself. This time my toon just rolls over dies. Arma 3, do what you do best. Roll over and die. Deleted off my hard drive. Expand
  59. SamB
    Jul 30, 2009
    A beautiful and extremely realistic modern warfare game. The reason why it gets a 5 is because of the terrible learning curve. There are too many commands making the game absolutely impossible to manage for people who aren't familiar with the Arma games. This is more of a game suitible for hard core fans rather than the open public. Nothing wrong with that but a newbie might see the A beautiful and extremely realistic modern warfare game. The reason why it gets a 5 is because of the terrible learning curve. There are too many commands making the game absolutely impossible to manage for people who aren't familiar with the Arma games. This is more of a game suitible for hard core fans rather than the open public. Nothing wrong with that but a newbie might see the game and be fooled into purchasing it without understanding the complexity of it. 5 out of 10. Expand
  60. RC
    Aug 3, 2009
    Seriously I would give this game a 9, but I just can't because of the bugs. This game seems unfinished, the graphics are great...but you can't even run it because of the massive amounts of bugs. Just picture Crysis except ten time worse. But the massive bugs are only in the single player. The 5 goes to the multiplayer, there's a lot less bugs in the multiplayer. My only Seriously I would give this game a 9, but I just can't because of the bugs. This game seems unfinished, the graphics are great...but you can't even run it because of the massive amounts of bugs. Just picture Crysis except ten time worse. But the massive bugs are only in the single player. The 5 goes to the multiplayer, there's a lot less bugs in the multiplayer. My only other complaints are the bad voice acting, the huge amount of pointless controls (Why would I want to sit and salute?), and the fact that this game is too real. I haven't played the 1st ARMA so maybe that's why I'm not feeling it, but if you did play the 1st ARMA you'll love this, and If you you want extremely real warfare then, yea, get this. This game is a 5, I give the guys slack because it's a game running off a military engine and it's still good. Expand
  61. jp.
    Sep 30, 2009
    I want to like this game and I did give it a chance. My main issue with ArmA2 is that the net code is the worst I've ever seen in an online FPS. I see jerky stuttered movement of other players of the worst kind. It's hard to even hit opponents they jerk around so much. I'm playing on servers that show 20ms or 30ms ping. I don't know what the problem is. I have an I want to like this game and I did give it a chance. My main issue with ArmA2 is that the net code is the worst I've ever seen in an online FPS. I see jerky stuttered movement of other players of the worst kind. It's hard to even hit opponents they jerk around so much. I'm playing on servers that show 20ms or 30ms ping. I don't know what the problem is. I have an OC'd E8400 @4ghz w/1066mhz RAM and an ATI 4870/512 and have lowered my graphic settings a lot and am getting decent FPS (40~50fps). As far as I'm concerned ArmA2 is not playable online on a server with more than 25 people on it. Also the user interface is so very clunky. Also, your soldier insists on going into a kneel position when crouched which gives it a very jerky sloppy feel. You can't smoothly stop & start moving in this game except when your weapon is down. There needs to be a smooth way to keep it low when moving. Also, the game uses too many of the poor quality sounds from ArmA1 like the bigger explosions. There's a lot to like in ArmA2 but it's just not refined to a high degree. It's very rough. The game definitely sides on the realistic over fun factor. The game's setting gets redundant and boring. The urban settings pale in comparison to other PC FPS'. There just isn't much small scale detail in them. Blocky.. Also the game is a huge CPU hog, poorly optimized and you'll need a very expensive PC to enjoy the highest settings at a smooth framerate. The game just feels... cheap. What the game gets right is it's modability and flexibility. It truely is a hardcore PC exclusive FPS and I commend BiS for trying. They just didn't succeed on enough fronts for me to love this game, and it is a game. Expand
  62. MiqueL.
    Jun 29, 2009
    It would be a good game...it WOULD. I got the german version of this game as it came out...the game wasn't really playable because of tons of bugs. And it is still nor really playable after 2 patches...It't sad that a studio brings out an unfinished game like Arma 2 with the thing in mind, that the people buy it anyway - there are hardcore OpFp and Arma fans that bought it It would be a good game...it WOULD. I got the german version of this game as it came out...the game wasn't really playable because of tons of bugs. And it is still nor really playable after 2 patches...It't sad that a studio brings out an unfinished game like Arma 2 with the thing in mind, that the people buy it anyway - there are hardcore OpFp and Arma fans that bought it instantly. But all the got is a completely unfinished game. The AI doesn't work, the mission scripts don't work...the performance is poor for those graphics...This is just cheating on the customer ! Let's hope it turns good as patches come up. At this state of the game...my advice, don't buy it. Wait till more patches are out. The good point is the atmosphere - and you feel like you are someone. You are not solder XY and the feeling of an ongoin war is definitely here. Also the huge terrain for exploring is pretty cool - for sure in multiplayer too. But as I said. I can't recommend Arma2 in this state. Lets cross fingers of patches fixing it. Expand
  63. Jul 22, 2012
    Terrible, absolutely terrible. I bought this game including operation arrowhead just for DayZ mod which is why the majority of people have this game, and i cant even play it. Here are my PC specs:
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz
    4.1 GB Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit Nvidia GeForce 405 Video RAM 2.7 GB Pixel Shader version 5.0
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz
    4.1 GB
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
    Nvidia GeForce 405
    Video RAM 2.7 GB Pixel Shader version 5.0 Vertex Shader version 5.0

And here is Arma 2 Specs:
    OS: Windows XP or Windows Vista
    Processor: Quad Core CPU or fast Dual Core CPU (Intel Core 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or faster)
    Memory: 2 GB RAM
    Graphics: Fast GPU (Nvidia Geforce 8800GT or ATI Radeon 4850 or faster) with Shader Model 3 and 512 or more MB VRAM
    Hard Drive: 10 GB free HDD space

The only words in which express my anger and dissapointment are:
    £15 wasted, I might as well of gone out and bought 15 packets of £1 sweets as they would make me happier right now.

Do not buy this game, it is a piece of ****
  64. MC
    Aug 15, 2009
    Horrible AI enemies with bulls**t-o-vision but are still dumb enough to be a liablility when they are on your team. Boring, poorly paced campaign missions that aggravatingly fail you if one of your stupid team members die. Ugly pop in everywhere. This is frustrating, boring and poorly made.
  65. BF
    Aug 2, 2009
    Yes it is the only one of its kind but - its is buggy as hell - there are too many servers coop (AI aint AI at all) - the UI is klunky and unfreindly - you need a HUGE machine - Gfx are laggy (and I have 2x4850 ati) - players anymations are the worst (ie once you draw a weapon the animation has to finish in order to move again..) I suggest only Campaign coop.. if you are looking for a PvP Yes it is the only one of its kind but - its is buggy as hell - there are too many servers coop (AI aint AI at all) - the UI is klunky and unfreindly - you need a HUGE machine - Gfx are laggy (and I have 2x4850 ati) - players anymations are the worst (ie once you draw a weapon the animation has to finish in order to move again..) I suggest only Campaign coop.. if you are looking for a PvP or Team Vs Team.... go back to Battlefield this is a huge waste of money. Expand
  66. LeeW
    Aug 8, 2009
    I played an hour of the tutorial on the demo and after hearing the worse-than-Ubisoft-quality voice acting, having to use two different controls to BOTH aim down the sights and actually zoom in, and having an AI at the shooting range telling me that I was bad before I ever actually started the training, I closed it and uninstalled it.
  67. SeanR
    Jul 25, 2009
    Sure sure, there might be a whole bunch of interactive things to do, but in order to enjoy them, you've got to subject yourself to awkward movement, boring weapon usage, and the worst voice acting I've EVER seen in a game.
  68. EthanM
    Oct 27, 2009
    This game simply sucks in all sense of the word...Not only is the game buggy, but it lacks a proper user interface. Many of the keys are reused in situations that require 2 separate keys! Tried to do basic training which involves teaching you how to play the game it was horrible, small, unnoticeable pop-ups in the top right corner tell you what keys do what, but they only show up for This game simply sucks in all sense of the word...Not only is the game buggy, but it lacks a proper user interface. Many of the keys are reused in situations that require 2 separate keys! Tried to do basic training which involves teaching you how to play the game it was horrible, small, unnoticeable pop-ups in the top right corner tell you what keys do what, but they only show up for about 3 seconds. Giving you no time to read them. My computer is more then capable of running this game, but it still lagged horribly and used the CPU for most of the rendering instead of the GPU. There's a reason the game designer isn't "big name". Don't waste your money on this, go out and buy a copy of COD or something. Even COD 1 is better then this... Expand
  69. SteveJobs
    Oct 10, 2009
    i tried to do the training part - omfg, it was retarded, you point at a guy to drag him or ressuccatate him and it practically displays which ever options it wants (never both at the same time) oh and to get the option you actually do want you have to walk around him for a good five minutes, + the AI is remakably retarded, i had to start the mission over and over again to complete i tried to do the training part - omfg, it was retarded, you point at a guy to drag him or ressuccatate him and it practically displays which ever options it wants (never both at the same time) oh and to get the option you actually do want you have to walk around him for a good five minutes, + the AI is remakably retarded, i had to start the mission over and over again to complete training because of their idiocity and eventually gave up!!!! these irresponsible product managers should not even have the priviledge of selling one game and obviously their 10 years of experience hasn't taught them jack shit... what a pity because the rest of the gameseemed good, what a waste!!!! Expand
  70. HunterNotgivingittoyou
    Oct 20, 2009
    For a game that had so much potential, it would seem it was just short of requiring a person to have a rocket science degree to do the simplest of things. 'Nuff said.
  71. JeffreyT
    Jul 5, 2009
    Arma has a rabid following amongst a small community of dedicated fans, with an incredibly strong modding division which has helped the series to shine. They are, of course, rabidly fanatical in defending the developers, Bohemia Interactive, and the sadly broken state which they have become famous for releasing their games in - Arma 2 is no different. For those of you familiar to the Arma Arma has a rabid following amongst a small community of dedicated fans, with an incredibly strong modding division which has helped the series to shine. They are, of course, rabidly fanatical in defending the developers, Bohemia Interactive, and the sadly broken state which they have become famous for releasing their games in - Arma 2 is no different. For those of you familiar to the Arma franchise, you will see much of the same features as Arma 1. The basic aspects are present, and some have been improved upon. Sadly, there is no overcoming the inherent flaws to both the game engine and game itself, which we can only hope future patches will address. First of all, the graphics have been given a new coat of paint and, if you can run them on high on your system, you will be impressed. As of this time, people with the highest end systems are complaining of inconsistent frames and laggy gameplay, even on low settings indicating a severe flaw in the game itself. This is nothing new, as mouse lag, stuttering and other annoyances have been around since Arma 1, and the developers have not repaired them, leading me to suspect that their game engine (a heavily modified version of the original 10 year old OFP engine) is simply on its last legs an no longer viable. The clunky voices and cumbersome AI are still there, event though BI Studios has told us the AI is more intuitive and better able to use cover, and follow orders. Not true. They still drive into walls, trees and seem to go out of their way to do so, they still do not take cover when under fire, and they are often responsible for fuskering up missions because of their lack of "intuitiveness". Adding to this problem, is an incredibly poor design choice by BI to change the command system, by eliminating the simple spacebar - mousewheel system in favour of a spacebar - Function Key - Mouswheel regimen which actually makes it more difficult to command. Try the demo, you'll see what I mean. The Single Player campaign is essentially unplayable at this phase in the "patch cycle", simply because the designers - in developing an open ended sandbox game - have implemented game triggers which often break the campaigns if you don't approach them the way they planned it out for you. So much for open ended. If you can get past this, and still drop your 50 bucks for it, Multiplayer is very fun, and the Editor is phenomenal with new tools added to make mission scripting incredibly easy. With the addition of various modules, and the ability to synchronize them to the players, you can create a basic mission in a matter of minutes, and include with it ambient warfare and a populated island. However, it feels as if most of these modules, and game design features, are simply the same Arma 1 mods that the community developed, and really should have been in the original game in the first place. It feels like BI just took them from the modders and put them into their new game. In retrospect, Arma 2 really just feels like Arma 1.5, with the same annoyances but now with prettier graphics. Expand
  72. NickB
    Aug 8, 2009
    Complicated, confusing, messy. This game is just trying to do too much, but has rough edges aplenty. Shame, could have been a contender.
  73. Akseli
    Dec 23, 2009
    I think that graphics are great but aiming was harder because screen did not move if you moved point little bit. And most annoying thing is the keys... In settings there was no button like delete all key buttons. I was like 2 and half hours only trying to get buttons good! When i got in he game it was really boring to play it and aiming was like so crappy styled..
  74. Apr 28, 2011
    I'm only taking the single game experience into account, on version 1.09 (newest)... BUGS GALORE! I feel ripped off, even if I only paid 7.99$ for it (steam)
    The reason I hated it were not due to the "feeling of realism" or "its not an arcade game standard FPS" ... But more of the case of almost everything is bugged. Examples : Boot Camp (eg Tutorial), assault course, no problem. Move to shooting training, the instructor kept asking nonstop If I wanted to retry (I choose yes) ... he asks again. < restart bootcamp >, same again, this time it works, and then I get asked to carry an injured officer. Move over him, hit drag, then carry. cant move. put him down, still cant move / drag or anything. so I accidentally shoot him in the head, and then I hear a "well done" - WTF?!?
    So, I moved to single player (campaign), where I get treated to another tutorial - "shoot targets". I clearly hit the targets and the sergeant randomly shouts out "too bad, you missed" or "good shot" even though I hit them all fine.
    Real mission starts, complete black, no clue to even having NV goggles until Im half dead. "computer like" orders are being given through the radio.
    So, the sound ... works, badly (speech orders) ... Music is .. OK, no wait, its naff. No idea why they chose poor Duke 3D imitation music for such a "realistic setting"

Its fairly obvious that this company has had no testing done at all on the game, and to wonder what it was like BEFORE the patching, where in the world did these high reviews come from?!?

I gave it a 1 to say "well done for the idea", but what I mean is...

DONT BUY! NOT EVEN FOR A DOLLAR!

+ "Serious"
    + Decent-ish graphics (for 2009)

- Bugs
    - Bugs (as to say its REALLY buggy)
    - Awful music
    - Naff tutorial

Bottom line; Stick to maybe the battlefield series if you fancy some all out warfare... if you want realism, you'll need to wait that bit longer!
  75. Jul 24, 2012
    What a waste of money. That game is soo annoying that this is hard to understand. The put a lot of effort to make most realistic possible but every step they did was total fail. Will not mention graphics which is on 1997. level! Avoid this!!
  76. coldnerves
    Jun 30, 2009
    VERY "buggy"; The AI can walk and see through walls. Also emeny AI marksmenship is far superior to your team AI. The Eotech Aiming redicule is off.

The envirement is almost sterile, meaning there's no distruction of static objects. If you shot one window in a bldg. which has many, all windows will break simulataniously the same way.
  77. Jun 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I couldn't stop replaying the many and varied OFP single player missions and hoped that ARMA would be as good or even better by its second incarnation. But, no, the developers appear to have spent all their effort on the cosmetic aspects, and on making the interface less logical and more awkward and unnecessarily complicated and counter-intuitive, rather than fixing the aspects that so badly need fixing: a horrendous AI (vehicles drive into walls and get stuck on rocks and trees rather than following a straight road, your team-mates run into enemy fire), vehicles still drive in an unnatural "gliding" manner and dont hold your breath it's still as bad in ARMA 3 alpha as well. I consider OFP to be one of the most intelligent games ever made, and was prepared to accept the limitations of ARMA 2, but I can see that the game is being ruined by the questionable decisions of the apparently not very intelligent developers/management. OFP had a simple and logical interface that was easy to learn and fun to play. It's the only aspect that didn't need improving and the one that they've wrecked with too much unnecessary tinkering. I personally don't need any cut-scenes and, to add insult to injury, the developers are trying to present some of these third-rate examples of bad animation and voice-acting as missions! The "vanilla" edition lists 6 missions but it's actually only 5! Do they seriously think that anyone is tricked by this and doesn't notice how poor the single-player experience has become? Each mission seems to have a new way of annoying the player from the use of ULB's which I just find too boring and cumbersome to try to learn how to use to having to write down some silly made-up squiggles from a piece of paper to defuse a bomb. I do have a feeling that the small but vocal group of devotees are posting positive reviews en-masse whereas normal people who haven't devoted their whole life to ARMA tend to become understandably fed up very quickly and just give up. I'm angry because I no longer have a game to play and it;s always sad to see idiots in charge make stupid decisions that affect us all. It's not a question of the developers "not having enough time" or players like me being too stupid for anything but COD, it's a question of stupid decisions and wasting time and effort on "fixing" only the parts of the game that didn't need fixing. On a positive note the surfaces are now more shiny. Expand
  78. JoeS
    Aug 4, 2009
    I purchased this AFTER the patches, so I never experienced the bugginess everyone else has complained about. Instead, I have enjoyed it more intensely than any other shooter/simulator yet. With a good group of players, you can experience a shooter/flight sim/ all out war that is just pure tactical fun. Gorgeous gaming, precision tactics, ingame communcations are geniously laid out, flying I purchased this AFTER the patches, so I never experienced the bugginess everyone else has complained about. Instead, I have enjoyed it more intensely than any other shooter/simulator yet. With a good group of players, you can experience a shooter/flight sim/ all out war that is just pure tactical fun. Gorgeous gaming, precision tactics, ingame communcations are geniously laid out, flying and driving are a blast with a joystick, shooting and running are great with a mouse/keyboard (so keep both handy to switch between). Expect to practice with various vehicles for an hour or so in single player mode, then go online and find some fun. Just an awesome experience. I wish I could give it a 10, but occasional connectivity issues need to be ironed out, but so close to perfect now. Expand
  79. JamesN.
    Oct 17, 2009
    Unique atmosphere, realistic, good graphics, wide modding support. It has a really steep learning curve, but once you get over that, it's like a mafia family, you just don't leave it for no reason.
  80. DaceB
    Dec 29, 2009
    ArmA 2 is a great military simulator. The only main problem is that the game runs very sluggish, you must have a great system to run this game correctly.
  81. MrFuzzy
    Jul 25, 2009
    While ArmA 2 Is not the best Fps ever of the best stratagy game ever a combination of the two and an incredibly large and detailed enviroment make it one of the best games I've ever played.
  82. JohnM
    Jul 28, 2009
    Without a doubt, ARMA II is the most accurate modern warfare game I have ever played. And the accuracy draws you in and makes you feel like the solider. You have real ballistics, the world is destroyable (you can run over trees in a tank, break fences with an APC, blow up buildings), you drag your wounded allies out of fire and then you can perform field medicine on them to get your guys Without a doubt, ARMA II is the most accurate modern warfare game I have ever played. And the accuracy draws you in and makes you feel like the solider. You have real ballistics, the world is destroyable (you can run over trees in a tank, break fences with an APC, blow up buildings), you drag your wounded allies out of fire and then you can perform field medicine on them to get your guys back into the battle, you can hop over fences, dive into bushes, look around the battle with out changing where you aim and many other amazing thing I have always want to do in a game but I have never been given the option. On top of the wonderful infantry control system, you also have an enormous arsenal of vehicles to fly and drive. The controls on all these vehicles feel very authentic and they allow you to fly with relative ease or meticulously tweet all the detailed controls (From Farcry II to WWII fight simulator). In the tank you have your driver, gunner, and tank commander. As a tank commander you can issue orders to the ai drivers or your team mates. The AI driver and gunners are a great addition because you can set wave points for the driver to follow, targets for the gunner to shoot at and in the meantime you can continue to survey the battle field. As in games like Red Orchestra, you can pop your head out of the tank or stand safe inside. Expand
  83. ChristianO
    Sep 16, 2009
    Your patience is required. But once you get over the fact that this isnt a arcade shooter you start to appreciate the gameplay that is Arma. Its all about the hunt, the strategy, the placement of your squad holding off a intersection in a small town. This is the real deal people. (Well almost it as real as it gets for now) I have always been an enthusiast of Arma and anyone thats been Your patience is required. But once you get over the fact that this isnt a arcade shooter you start to appreciate the gameplay that is Arma. Its all about the hunt, the strategy, the placement of your squad holding off a intersection in a small town. This is the real deal people. (Well almost it as real as it gets for now) I have always been an enthusiast of Arma and anyone thats been caught saying "roger roger" "tango's insight" or "copy that, shot over" SHOULD BUY THIS FRIKKIN GAME!. -End. Expand
  84. Aug 12, 2012
    This game is very bad and can only be fun for people who is in the army or plan on joining. This is more like a simulator with tons of bugs than it is a game. The objectives are hard to complete and when you think you have completed an objective some bug happends and you have to restart the whole mission all over again.

The campaign is horrble because of this and some missions are

The campaign is horrble because of this and some missions are almost unplayable. Stay away unless you love the US army
  85. Mar 11, 2012
    1. if it lags your computer is **** 2. if you think its complicated go **** yourself because its a SIMULATOR. 3. its all about realism, DO NOT criticize it if you are coming from COD or BF or OF, about its complexity.
  86. Aug 4, 2012
    I wouldn't say this game is terrible, but it's pretty bad. It's was written so badly I can't imagine how it is so popular. The graphics aren't that good so considering the game eats up more memory then say battlefield 3 or Crysis 2. The sound effects are terrible and the engine is extremely bad. The control system (the way to change them and the default control setup) is just a joke. ThisI wouldn't say this game is terrible, but it's pretty bad. It's was written so badly I can't imagine how it is so popular. The graphics aren't that good so considering the game eats up more memory then say battlefield 3 or Crysis 2. The sound effects are terrible and the engine is extremely bad. The control system (the way to change them and the default control setup) is just a joke. This game should be about £5.99 at the most not anywhere close to £20.00. Total waste of money and so disappointing. Expand
  87. Aug 3, 2012
    2/10 = 1 star in a 5 stars system = Bad. ( Scale: Bad, Poor, Ok, Good, Excellent )

This game is unplayable: 1) Controls are bad (unjustifiably bad, even for "simulation", which usually gives you more options, not less usability) 2) Gameplay (does NOT feel realistic, feels like your soldier is physically challenged.) 3) BUGS AND GLITCHES (And not "complex" ones either, really stupid

This game is unplayable:
    3) BUGS AND GLITCHES (And not "complex" ones either, really stupid ones, even in the tutorial!)

Playing this game feels like I have failed in life and am now stuck in a soul-grinding job that I hate.
  88. LesterW.
    Jul 29, 2009
    Ridiculously buggy and not ready for release. Huge bug with HT on i7 CPU's. Poor show, the game has huge promise though - which makes its current state really quite sad. If the devs had spent a few more months ironing out bugs (and dare I say, testing the game) it would have really helped.
  89. Nov 8, 2011
    Hmm.. how to describe this game. In one word BORING! This game is really not any fun at all. Do I really need to map a control to every key on my keyboard? And why can't get in a vehicle be the same key that I use to get out of it? Is the game buggy, sure. I couldn't care less, It's so boring and sucks so bad that being buggy is the least of it's issues.Sure the graphics are nice, but onceHmm.. how to describe this game. In one word BORING! This game is really not any fun at all. Do I really need to map a control to every key on my keyboard? And why can't get in a vehicle be the same key that I use to get out of it? Is the game buggy, sure. I couldn't care less, It's so boring and sucks so bad that being buggy is the least of it's issues.Sure the graphics are nice, but once again what does that matter when a game is as boring and simply NOT FUN, as this game is. Expand
  90. Apr 24, 2011
    A training program, NOT a game. Impossible to control without lots of practice and tuition, that's the main issue with it. The graphics look alright, but hog SO much processing power that you'll be needing to tone the graphics down even on really high-end cards, despite the fact that it only looks average on its highest settings. Down-right BORING! Buggy as hell. Just stay the heck awayA training program, NOT a game. Impossible to control without lots of practice and tuition, that's the main issue with it. The graphics look alright, but hog SO much processing power that you'll be needing to tone the graphics down even on really high-end cards, despite the fact that it only looks average on its highest settings. Down-right BORING! Buggy as hell. Just stay the heck away from this, it's just awful. Expand
  91. YammoYammamoto
    Aug 25, 2009
    Having been a pilot in Battlefield 1942 for years, I'm not expecting extremely detailed flight modelling. But I am expecting the plane/chopper to obay the very basics of avionics. As for example the helicopters in BF1942 mod "Desert Combat", not at all realistic, but feeling VERY real. The chopper in Arma2, however, flies like a horse. So if you are thinking of purchasing Arma2 to Having been a pilot in Battlefield 1942 for years, I'm not expecting extremely detailed flight modelling. But I am expecting the plane/chopper to obay the very basics of avionics. As for example the helicopters in BF1942 mod "Desert Combat", not at all realistic, but feeling VERY real. The chopper in Arma2, however, flies like a horse. So if you are thinking of purchasing Arma2 to fly... then dont! If you're looking for a detailed FPS, and want one-button helicopters, then ignore this look to other comments. In short: This game is useless if you want to fly. Expand
  92. Aug 20, 2012
    Its a flawed masterpiece.With such a big order to take on,Bohemia has done a grand job.Still buggy in places but lets forgive and forget this is such a huge game and it deserves a high rating for sheer guts to take this type of game on.Hard learning curve,demanding specs,but worth every penny if you have a high end gaming rig and the patience.I bought the Anniversary pack even though IIts a flawed masterpiece.With such a big order to take on,Bohemia has done a grand job.Still buggy in places but lets forgive and forget this is such a huge game and it deserves a high rating for sheer guts to take this type of game on.Hard learning curve,demanding specs,but worth every penny if you have a high end gaming rig and the patience.I bought the Anniversary pack even though I already had 1&2.A couple of idiots on the multiplayer can be annoying but find a good server with players who want to play seriously and its just ace.looking forward to Arma 3. Expand
  93. PeteJ.
    Oct 15, 2009
    One of the worst games Ive ever to have had the displeasure to have installed. It took me a whole weekend to get it to run, and then basically its not that the game has bad game play - the problem is that it has NO gameplay. The voices are a joke, and despite the awesome screenshots I saw on the net, I had to run the graphics on such low settings that it looked terrible(and I have a fast One of the worst games Ive ever to have had the displeasure to have installed. It took me a whole weekend to get it to run, and then basically its not that the game has bad game play - the problem is that it has NO gameplay. The voices are a joke, and despite the awesome screenshots I saw on the net, I had to run the graphics on such low settings that it looked terrible(and I have a fast PC) After searching their forum for fixes, I found that this is pretty much the standard experience. BUYER BEWARE! Expand
  94. Mar 13, 2011
    Awful gameplay, they wanted to make it complicated even to move yourself, I mean, If your press forward the soldier will go 1 FULL step, this means I can't go just a little forward. The mouse lag is awful too, some people said its was to simulated the weigh of the gun, c'mon, this game really needed more work from Bohemia.
  95. TravisBomboro
    Jul 1, 2009
    ArmA2 has given me a great experience, it's the perfect game for those war simulator players. This game you can just simply throw AI around and you got yourself an intense battle, now thats just the Vanilla part, this game is easy to mod and edit, its amazing. Cant find a game around like it 10/10
  96. FaustoJ
    Jun 27, 2009
    Realism at its best. it's a very dense and tactical game. I was waiting for a game like this for ages. If you like Project Reality, Insurency, Operation Flashpoint, Rainbow Six series, Ghost Recon series... buying this is a no-brainer. The only problem is the FPS. It's very playable at 25-35 FPS, but most people buy huge gaming machines to see their FPS near 100 and will be Realism at its best. it's a very dense and tactical game. I was waiting for a game like this for ages. If you like Project Reality, Insurency, Operation Flashpoint, Rainbow Six series, Ghost Recon series... buying this is a no-brainer. The only problem is the FPS. It's very playable at 25-35 FPS, but most people buy huge gaming machines to see their FPS near 100 and will be annoyed of how this game consumes hardware. Thankfully, it's very escalable. So even in the minium spec the game can be played, just don't try to do some epic 100-tanks battle! 10/10. Expand
  97. PaulK
    Jun 28, 2009
    this game is a great game everything is near perfect but the problem is that you need to have a nasa computer to play this game with no lag/a little lag and the bugs are quite troublesome but bohemia is making patches soo i would give this a 10 if they fixed like everything.
  98. MikeL
    Jun 28, 2009
    Has it's problems, but Arma2 more than makes it up with some great experiences both online and off. Huge running battles, critical strikes, massive bombardment. Great team play. Gave it a 9. Fix the bugs BIS and I'll give you a 10.
  99. JasonE.
    Jun 30, 2009
    The only let down is progressive power on aircraft all you get is ON or Off no happy medium. very little local transport if you end up in the middle of know where miles from your objective. Chinnoks or Sea Stallion would have been nice too.
  100. FelixS.
    Jul 10, 2009
    I love ArmA2. It's as close as you can get to a real war. I'm part of the Shack Tactical gaming group (we have a featured credit at the end!). Try reading our guide to ArmA, google TTP. The best thing about ArmA2 is that you play the way that keeps you alive, not any kind of "game dynamic." The scripting can be unpredictable, but the game maintains its replayability via its I love ArmA2. It's as close as you can get to a real war. I'm part of the Shack Tactical gaming group (we have a featured credit at the end!). Try reading our guide to ArmA, google TTP. The best thing about ArmA2 is that you play the way that keeps you alive, not any kind of "game dynamic." The scripting can be unpredictable, but the game maintains its replayability via its dynamic scripting. I've never played a game that has been so challenging, and yet fair. Expand

1. It's a shame the developers obviously didn't have enough time to finish ArmA II properly before they shipped it: There are many bugs in the game and the AI's actions mostly just don't make sense at all. One piece of advice: Get patch 1.01 – with it the game is at least moderate fun. Still, we hope that some further patches will follow and fix ArmA II's major flaws so that it will finally become the great game it could be – next time, however, we'd like to see the game finished by the time of its release!
  2. The vast and open world of ArmA II offers an incomparable army experience. You only need to accept its slow pace and batch of unpleasant bugs. Still ArmA is the only matchless war toy.
  3. ARMA 2 doesn't seem to be a finished game. The AI is cheating, physics and controls are out of date and the game is full of annoying bugs. That the game manages to look great from time to time doesn't help much. Hopefully Bohemia Interactive will release some patches soon. The game still has a lot of potential.