7.3

1. Sep 14, 2013
    This is ridiculous, most of the critics have no place to even review this title as they are evidently clueless about this particular title. If you criticize Arma for its "lack of content", then you have no idea what you're reviewing, the Arma series has survived since its first game almost a decade ago, never because of it's "rich content"? It's the incredible platform it brings thatThis is ridiculous, most of the critics have no place to even review this title as they are evidently clueless about this particular title. If you criticize Arma for its "lack of content", then you have no idea what you're reviewing, the Arma series has survived since its first game almost a decade ago, never because of it's "rich content"? It's the incredible platform it brings that allows the extremely active and dedicated community to work on, the fact that DayZ was an example to show how it revived the sales of a 3-4 year old game back up to the top of the steam sales supports that. ARMA 3, for anyone who knows the series, is a giant leap, in performance, in graphics, and in game mechanics. Now it's up to the community, like they did with Arma 2, to bring its full potential, I for one am happy to be part of it, and am patiently waiting for more, both from Bohemia and the modders.

Frankly, I don't even want to see this title on Metacritic, it has no place here to be reviewed by people who clearly don't have a clue. Far too many people expect the fluidity of Battlefield only to find themselves in a completely different realm, while DayZ brought the series to the light of the mainstream, which can only be a good thing as Bohemia evidently used extra profit and poured it into this new title, it has also brought in a lot of bad apples into the community, expecting the wrong things, demanding the wrong things, and criticizing it for not delivering. Review this for what it is, not impose your unrealistic expectation based on other titles onto this.
  2. Sep 13, 2013
    The best military based game period. Anyone scoring this game less than 9 are being paid off by competing companies or are COD twitch retards. Good support, tons of content, the best gaming community out there, amazing graphics and gameplay. A great successor to Arma 1 and Arma 2 and worth every penny.
  3. Sep 12, 2013
    A lot of people are reviewing this game and not doing it justice. This is game is more like a platform. I have been playing since the Alpha released and have played the series since the very first one OPFP. I can clearly say this one takes the cake. The potential for this game as a platform for Milsim is just incredible. To truly appreciate this game, it should be played with a milsimA lot of people are reviewing this game and not doing it justice. This is game is more like a platform. I have been playing since the Alpha released and have played the series since the very first one OPFP. I can clearly say this one takes the cake. The potential for this game as a platform for Milsim is just incredible. To truly appreciate this game, it should be played with a milsim group. Taking advantage of community mods, and community made operations you will soon see why this doesn't and can not compare to any other FPS. The community of Arma fans is vast, and always at work. Once this game receives an ACE and ACRE mod, it will again jump in immersion and game play. This is not designed to be a lone wolf kinda game, granted you can do that though. Take the time a find a solid group of talented and mature players and you WILL not be disappointed. Add things such as TrackIR and dead zone aiming the realism once again increases. The shear size of the maps, and I'm sure custom ones will soon follow and the community addon's and mods plus the creativity of mission editors you will always find a new and different play experience. Yes the game is fresh outta beta, possibly a little early but that doesn't mean the game is lacking content or call for a reason to be harsh on your reviews. A lot of work has been put into this game from a wonderful and dedicated developer, please think twice and look at the game for what it is and what it will become. Expand
  4. Sep 12, 2013
    So many promises, so little content. The features that currently are in the game are great, but there's simply not enough content to keep me playing. Multiplayer in its current state is an unoptimized mess, it used to be better before the last update. The only content that's currently worth playing is fanmade (mods and custom scenarios). This "release" was clearly rushed, why not releaseSo many promises, so little content. The features that currently are in the game are great, but there's simply not enough content to keep me playing. Multiplayer in its current state is an unoptimized mess, it used to be better before the last update. The only content that's currently worth playing is fanmade (mods and custom scenarios). This "release" was clearly rushed, why not release the game when the campaign is done? At least we'll get it as free DLC in three episodic releases. Hopefully. Expand
  5. Sep 14, 2013
    Arma 3 is a BIG step forward, after arma 2! Better animations, new physics engine, better sounds, much much better looking graphics. The Mediterranean setting, is really a fresh breath in gaming industry. Realistic looking huge map Altis, which were made by real life island Lemnos. Very detailed vehicles, soldiers, weaponry. I can go on, arma has literrarry no limits in creativity, itArma 3 is a BIG step forward, after arma 2! Better animations, new physics engine, better sounds, much much better looking graphics. The Mediterranean setting, is really a fresh breath in gaming industry. Realistic looking huge map Altis, which were made by real life island Lemnos. Very detailed vehicles, soldiers, weaponry. I can go on, arma has literrarry no limits in creativity, it offers easy to use editor, which offeres all kind of mission making. Payday a like, ghost recon-stealth a like. GTA a like RPG like missions, sandbox unique mission called wasteland, large scale battlefield mission warfare or capture the island. Tons of fun coop missions. All that can be found in steam workshop and on multiplay servers. Arma is a differnt kind of game, the devs offer you a big platform, to build on.

Only few contras, like missing campaign and fixed wing planes for bluefor and opfor, which was announced long before release date, and will be released weeks later as FREE DLC, which isn't a big deal for me!
  6. Sep 12, 2013
    Always loved the ARMA series but the lack of content ruins it for most, Wonderful job on game mechanics but a whole lot of copy and paste. About average compared to other games you could buy for the money.
  7. Sep 12, 2013
    I played the game since the Alpha stage and I have t say, they added a lot of content, sure the game isn't finished as in it has no Singleplayer but still it has PLENTY OF CONTENT in the steam workshop.

Also i'm glad to see that this game still supports mods, unlike games such as CoD and Battlefield they still know that it's all about the user experience which is why they will update the game with lot's of new content.

Only downside: The bad optimization FPS might drop because CPU usage is too high, but I'm sure they'll fix this eventually.
  8. Sep 12, 2013
    Best ARMA game to this date. I have been playing these games since Operation Flashpoint (What a wonderfull experience) and I can tell Bohemia will add further support and content to the game in the close future. The game mechanics, the new weapons and equipment is a joy to use (drones etc.). I like the modern day setting and the HUGE map too. The game is moddable, so I will play long hoursBest ARMA game to this date. I have been playing these games since Operation Flashpoint (What a wonderfull experience) and I can tell Bohemia will add further support and content to the game in the close future. The game mechanics, the new weapons and equipment is a joy to use (drones etc.). I like the modern day setting and the HUGE map too. The game is moddable, so I will play long hours with maps... Great game but not for everybody. This is the closest I ever want to be to a war, and this is the most realistic depiction of combat, unless you are really there. Recommended! Expand
  9. Sep 12, 2013
    Great graphics, great gameplay improvements over previous iteration (ARMA II). Nicer UI, vastly improved fps and optimizations over ARMA II.

No campaign at launch but hundreds of user missions and emergent multiplayer possibilities. Campaign is coming episodically in 3 DLC's (thankfully free, charging would of made my score a 0).

In no way is this game less than an 8.
  10. Sep 13, 2013
    A really well made and detailed simulator. The best military simulator available. It's so much better than ArmA II in every way, if you are even slightly interested on owning a military sim this is what you should buy.
  11. Sep 12, 2013
    I have follow the Armed Assault series since Cold War Assault, and I have to say that ArmA III is a great addition to the series. The graphics are wonderful and the game has unlimited gameplay. I can not wait for all the community created content.
  12. Sep 12, 2013
    This is the true successor to the original operation flashpoint games, as such players should not expect a "twitchy" shooter within this game this is a real combat simulator. You need to tread carefully or you *will* die! The movement and weapons handling feels authentic, the vehicles not as much, but they're still a fun and awesome feature of the game. The strength lies in theThis is the true successor to the original operation flashpoint games, as such players should not expect a "twitchy" shooter within this game this is a real combat simulator. You need to tread carefully or you *will* die! The movement and weapons handling feels authentic, the vehicles not as much, but they're still a fun and awesome feature of the game. The strength lies in the moddability of the game, there are already survival mods and sandbox servers. The game runs fine on my system and the multiplayer was quite solid during the beta. If you want to feel the excitement where you are constantly on your toes as any bad move could be your last, then get this game now. There modding content alone make the game worth its price. Expand
  13. Sep 12, 2013
    This game is THE BEST Military Third/Fps game ever,,,, Ground breaking graphics makes war even real tactics and planning every step you take is awesome Great war atmosphere Unlike Cod/Battlefield You have to be aware in Every step you take Cuz You can be shot 400 miter away Best Simulation Game Ever. XD
    Pros:
    -Awesome and Ground Breaking Graphics.(Maybe One of the best looking games
    Pros:
    -Awesome and Ground Breaking Graphics.(Maybe One of the best looking games ever)
    -Tactics and real gameplay
    -Sounds in game are awesome you'll feel like the war is at the neighberhood.
    -Steam Workshop.(can play any user created mission instantley and our community is creative as hell)
    -Exciting and awesome Multiplayer (tension and stress makes adrenaline pump in your veins)
    -6 months the devs was making Tweaks to it so you will experince no bugs most of the time

Cons:
    -Low fps when playing multiplayer(a 20/30 Drop in fps When playing multi) Devs may fix this after release.
    -Single player compaigne will be delivered as free dlc after release (Some pple prefer to play singleplayer So these pple will be turned off)
  14. Sep 12, 2013
    Great gameplay at the base of it all but overall it's still got plenty of bugs, and not a lot of content for you to play. Seemed like every vehicle for each faction was just copy pasted across and given a new camo which seems lazy to me. There is no single player campaign yet either which is disappointing. I feel like they rushed release so that they can start selling the game soonerGreat gameplay at the base of it all but overall it's still got plenty of bugs, and not a lot of content for you to play. Seemed like every vehicle for each faction was just copy pasted across and given a new camo which seems lazy to me. There is no single player campaign yet either which is disappointing. I feel like they rushed release so that they can start selling the game sooner rather than later and it definitely feels like an amazing game lacking a lot of content and polish. Expand
  15. Sep 12, 2013
    Compare to the other games, with the right players it can achieve more, we don't need call of duty fans
    to play this game and say, "Omg this game sux ballz, i cnt run faster, i cant shoot anything omg"
    so, if you hate a Real and intense game play don't buy this game, it need communication and team work,
    which simply no kid in cod has ever done before
  16. Sep 12, 2013
    Well first off, before you buy this game save up for a new PC, other than that you'll be sweet! Now I've played this game since alpha, and there have been significant improvements through out the course. If you're looking for a very realistic modern warfare game, then this is for you.

The game is a 1st/3rd person tactical shooter war simulator, it has so many things that make it realistic, such as bullet drop physics, bullets being extremely deadly, and head shots killing instantly. Arma 3 requires patience and tactical planning continuously in order to be successful. It is a very slowly paced game, unlike Battlefield 3 and Call of Duty or any other 1st person shooter in that matter. The game has various soldier classes such as the medic, engineer and recon etc. which you can pick to your liking. Teamwork is also of the essence here, you need team mates watching your backs and providing cover fire wherever possible. Another cool feature is the ability to swim underwater and scuba dive!

Vehicle are done well, helicopters actually are a bit tricky to fly if you haven't done so before. there are different vehicle to choose from such as trucks with big guns on top of them, boats etc. As mentioned before, bullets are deadly, so cover is essential as well as stealth. When you engage enemies you actually feel like you're engaging in war and you can feel the adrenaline rush through your body!

There are single player missions as well, not the best ones but they can assist you in your training. You can also play co op modes with friends! There are also heaps of different guns to choose from, including assault rifles and sniper rifles, you name it! 1st person view offers full body awareness and you can go prone and all those small things.

Another cool feature is the ability to talk (VOIP) to other players near your location, so when you're engaging enemies you can actually taunt them and scare them. There is also vehicle chat, team chat etc.

Overall an 8 out of ten.
    Pro's:
    -Makes adrenaline rush through your body
    -Realistic bullet drop
    -Various weapons and vehicles to choose from
    -Very fun tactical game play.
    -very nicely done VOIP system
    -Good graphics if you got the system to run it
    -Co-op and
    Cons:
    -Graphic requirements are quite demanding You have been warned!
    -It can get boring sometimes when there is no action, sometimes you wont even shoot anyone for hours.
    -you can't jump, which is a bit odd
    -Controls can be a bit sticky at the start, but you get used to it

So yes, a must buy if you love realistic games.
  17. Sep 13, 2013
    Great gameplay, very realistic and fine game mechanics. Arma 3 absolutely stands out from other shooters because it is actually looks like real life warfare.
  18. Sep 12, 2013
    It's everything you enjoy, don't trust anybody else THIS IS IT. the best game of all time, Bohemia amped up the gameplay and made one of the best games yet and to date.

GG...

P.S: can't wait for a campaign, if there is one :P
  19. Sep 12, 2013
    An unbelievable step forward! Great gameplay! Graphically sublime with most improvements focusing on animation and gameplay fluidity. I dont know how someone can put low score to this game. This game is epic! Now just waiting for FREE DLC
  20. Sep 12, 2013
    This game is worth every cent. It truly is boundless. It is highly polished after months of beta testing and directly interacting with the Devs on what direction to take. The result is a game that I will play for years to come. I have 300 hours put into it and it wasnt released yet.
  21. Sep 14, 2013
    ArmA 3 has a great premise and pulls some things off well like better player movement, better graphics and PhysX support. In this case However the cons outweigh the pro's.

The lack of optimization to the game is really showing in the third iteration. The constant stuttering and chugging because the game demands more memory that the 32 bit architecture just can't give, The terrible hardware utilization of the engine, expecting users to have 10ghz single core CPU's to counter act the aging Real Virtuality engine's lack of proper multi threading and parallel processing and the general buggyness of the overall game. Lack of content and the copy and pasted content that is there leads to ArmA 3 feeling like it was rushed out the door rather than released on time and in a better state than past ArmA games. The lack of a campaign at launch just further signifies how far Bohemia Interactive is on development of ArmA 3. While Bohemia Interactive is known for supporting their games far after launch, One has to wonder exactly how long they can afford to support ArmA 3 with all of the core issue's that it has before DLC's are needed to boost revenue.

I would recommend this game only to the hardcore ArmA player who can overlook the shortcomings and the bugs that once again plague an ArmA release. While there are definite improvements in some areas of the game, they are too few and far between to make up for the lack of quality in aesthetics and overall content, the terrible performance of the game and the overall incomplete feel and buggy state that it is in.

Now with the recent announcement of paid for mod content, it seems that Bohemia Interactive is looking for the easy way out via the community. For a game that they say wishes to rely on the community for most of it's content rather than developer made assets, making an announcement for then charging for those mods is something of a slap in the face. I have rescinded my previous score of a 5 and given it a 3, which I feel is befitting of both the quality of the game and reflective of the developers present choices.
  22. Sep 16, 2013
    While there are a few areas where the series took a step forward, graphics and physics, there are many areas where the game is just not finished or even took a step back. My first problem is the map. While the map is huge, it doesn't seem to have the character of Chernarus and it doesn't feel like a place where you should be fighting a war. I realize that BI wanted to showcase new featuresWhile there are a few areas where the series took a step forward, graphics and physics, there are many areas where the game is just not finished or even took a step back. My first problem is the map. While the map is huge, it doesn't seem to have the character of Chernarus and it doesn't feel like a place where you should be fighting a war. I realize that BI wanted to showcase new features with water, but I just think it's kind of strange to be fighting on a Greek island. There's just something about those post-Soviet states that just makes it feel like you should be fighting there. The next problem is just the overall lack of attention to detail. A great example of this is the Xbox 360 control scheme that is on the game. While you can edit the scheme by basically disconnecting the controller and putting it back in as a generic one, you would expect that the scheme that the developers made would be pretty good. Unfortunately that is not the case. Flying or driving vehicles can be very interesting with this control scheme. somehow I don't think the helicopter is supposed to shoot whenever you turn left and vice versa, but it does. Also, I just feel that they could have waiting until the single player campaign was finished to release the game. People would have waited. Releasing it without one has just made people angry. Another rather puzzling element is the lack of jets in the game (except for one that's from like the 60's). I was looking forward to some awesome air battles above the terrain (which is beautiful from above), but unfortunately there are no jets for the NATO or Russian factions. Another common complaint is the framerate issue. I haven't been having those problems and in my opinion that is more of a computer issue than a game issue. I do realize that they post the hardware requirements that the game needs to run, but those are MINIMUM requirements and you shouldn't expect it to run perfectly on the lowest settings. When you buy this game you should know you need something a little more powerful to run it and for it to perform well. I know that BI will improve this game over time, but I'm reviewing the game as it is now and unfortunately it just isn't very good at the moment. I will update my review as BI updates the game Expand
  23. Sep 12, 2013
    First of all: the actual score is only to compensate for the blind fanboys who are giving this game a 10. Not in their wildest dreams is this game deserving of a perfect score. In fact, a reasonable score would be something in the 3 to 5 range.

Full disclosure: I bought the game when the alpha was first released. Not only that: I got the "Supporter Edition", which is supposed to get be every bit of content, including future paid DLC. I even got my name in the credits for being one of the first 500 to buy it!

Since then, not much has improved. This is basically an unfinished game... according to "Dwarden", one of the developers who constantly posts on the Steam Community Discussions for ARMA 3, Bohemia Interactive's games are like "wine", and they get bette over time. Well... months have passed, and I still see something that shouldn't be considered a full release. This is still an early alpha build, at best.

The game lacks content. There are few vehicles and they all look pretty much alike. The game is also supposed to take place in the 2030s, and the only available jet looks like it came straight out of the 1970s.

The sound effects and voice acting is awful and not realistic at all, even though this is promoted as a "simulator" rather than an actual game.

The interface is terrible and not intuitive at all. Perhaps one of the worst aspects of the game. It's really something you have to see for yourself... on gameplay videos, that is. You'd be shocked by how bad it is.

Altis, the "huge open-world" environment of the game, is a dead, uninteresting place. Towns all look the same. Houses have no furniture. The few inhabitants are all in beach clothing for some reason (do people actually work in Altis?). It makes you wonder why there's a military conflict to take control of the island in the first place.

The poor optimization of the game deserves an essay of its own. Really, it's baffling how at this day and age something like this can be accepted by the gaming community. The game runs HORRIBLY on the most high-end PCs out there, no matter how low the settings are. Arma 3's shortcomings on this regard are well documented. Just Google "Arma 3" and "FPS". The game uses an ancient engine that despite being incredibly heavy doesn't even manage to make the game look as good as something like Crysis 3, Battlefield 3, The Witcher 2, Metro: Last Light, etc..

Things get worse when you go online. You'll get about a third of the framerates you get in "single-player".

Oh yes, and I added quotes to "single-player" because... there's no actual single-player campaign yet. Just a bunch of showcases (small demos) that were there from day 1 of the alpha.

So what are you left with in this "fantastic" military simulator, since multi-player is pretty much unplayable? Well... load up the map editor and die of boredom.

It's as if Bohemia Interactice is asking the community to save this train wreck with custom scenarios and the like. Why? because Bohemia Interactive failed at releasing a proper game.

Of course, they don't lack excuses. "Part of the development team was in jail for some time". "Bohemia isn't as big as EA, Ubisoft, Activision, Valve, etc.". "The game will get better". Just to name a few.

Well I don't care. If you're ambitious enough to release what's supposed to be "a futuristic military simulator in a huge open-world environment", that game better deliver. Especially when you're charging the same for it as those other companies charge for their well-polished games.

Anyway, that's my rant. Don't make the same mistake I made. This game is not worth your money, or more importantly, your time.
  24. Sep 12, 2013
    I've never given a review less than a score of 4, but for this i have to.

The main issue is complete lack of optimization. I have access to many computers, since i build and sell them. So far i have tried, 11 different machines, all varying in performance, from the very bottom end, to the very top end. The performance issue's with this game are horrific. Usually that wouldn't
    I've never given a review less than a score of 4, but for this i have to.

The main issue is complete lack of optimization.
    I have access to many computers, since i build and sell them.
    The performance issue's with this game are horrific.

Usually that wouldn't justify a score of 2, yet one of the main contributors is that BiS have had no-end of complaints about FPS problems back with Arma 2!, not to mention the endless amount of threads created in the beta.

It's just incredibly lazy.
    IMO, the first and foremost priority is making a game run well across many machine variants.
    This is pretty much a complete joke, especially with the amount of warning they had.

The realism factor and the feeling that you are actually 'there' has disapeared with all the guns/vehicles being 'made up'.

The weapon sounds are very weak and dont really sound like actual guns.
    This was an issue with arma 2 as well until you used JSRS mod or the like.

BiS prize themselves with their huge map they created, 'Altis'
    It is massive.
    However, 75% of it is completely flat.
    There is no forest areas, very little cover and very little variation.
    The whole 'greek island' feel to it is very wrong.
    Chernarus was a much more realistic and dense fighting area.

i've had all the arma's and must say im most disapointed with this one.
    The developers just didn't listen or prioritize.
  25. Sep 13, 2013
    No content, poorly optimized, multiplayer has sync issues and 9 out of 10 servers suck, it takes so long to find a good game. Just not impressed, it's basically an engine without any game...
  26. Sep 12, 2013
    Pros:
    Great graphics
    Giant terrain

Cons:
    Lack of content
    Bugs
    Lack of modding tools (available ones are obsolete)
    Lack of proper modding documentation
    Lack of support
  27. Sep 12, 2013
    Poor optimization. Most of the vehicles are the same for every faction with minor differences. Only 1 jet in the game and its on the Independent faction... You would think Bluefor would get at least one jet at launch... but its not like you can even use the jet on Altis because of the insane fps drop while flying. I get 50-60 fps in editor but as soon as i join multiplayer i get about 20-30 fps.
  28. Sep 12, 2013
    While BIS still hasn't lost the skills of crafting nice areas to fight in everything else in the game is sadly a letdown. All sides are basically the same, wielding similar weapons with a difference being as little as the same vehicle in different camos. And that's together with the amount of content being really poor compared to previous games in the series. A lot of gameplay features areWhile BIS still hasn't lost the skills of crafting nice areas to fight in everything else in the game is sadly a letdown. All sides are basically the same, wielding similar weapons with a difference being as little as the same vehicle in different camos. And that's together with the amount of content being really poor compared to previous games in the series. A lot of gameplay features are either very simplified or simply gone. What's worse is that this time the release version of the game has no campaign at all and the singleplayer content is represented as showcases and challenges which are badly designed and simply not interesting to play. In addition to this many of years-old bugs aren't fixed still.

All in all simplifications and poor amount of content may appeal to new players/arcade shooter fans who do not have any expectations but ArmA vets should not expect to find an ArmA game here.
  29. Sep 12, 2013
    I got operation flashpoint cold war crisis when i was about 14 for Christmas and it is in my top 10 favourite games ever. In my opinion opflash resistance has some of the best written story and poignant characters in gaming, it certainty rises above what is expected of the genre (its sad how under appreciated it is). it was a moving story about sacrifice and defiance. It just shows how warI got operation flashpoint cold war crisis when i was about 14 for Christmas and it is in my top 10 favourite games ever. In my opinion opflash resistance has some of the best written story and poignant characters in gaming, it certainty rises above what is expected of the genre (its sad how under appreciated it is). it was a moving story about sacrifice and defiance. It just shows how war games have shifted towards multiplayer with single player becoming an after thought. Not only did the campaign get delayed but i can't even see any single player missions. what, do you expect the community to make them for you?

Altis is a boring featureless barren wasteland. Its arid and sparse. It has no picturesque rivers, ravines, forests, hills, mountains. I guess choosing a Mediterranean setting made this inevitable, but then why choose it? If they didn't want to make another eastern European forest environment, then what about a jungle location like in Indonesia or south america. At least that way the map wouldn't drive me to tears at how boring and flat it is. I can fly a helicopter at an altitude of around 15-25 across the map without even having to gain altitude, that is how flat altis is

In the editor i still can't see any fixed wing aircraft. Now I'm sure that this will be resolved quickly, but it got RELEASED ie came out of beta and just like the campaign, its not there! Bohemia, if the game wasn't ready then you should have kept it in beta, if only for symbolic reasons.

so then what exactly did i get for my £29.99. I basically got a platform, a framework that hopefully the glorious arma community will flesh out with custom maps, mods, addons etc. But then i could have just stuck to arma 2 which already has these things, and i would have saved my money. arma 3 is unfinished yet is apparently released, its graphics are virtually the same as arma 2, except with an uninteresting setting. Arma 3 achieves nothing that couldn't be done in arma 2, and so will only serve to split the community. It wounds me to write such a negative review because cold war crisis and arma 2 are some of my favorite games.
  30. Sep 12, 2013
    I brought ArmA during the Alpha, did not see any single player campaign, waited for the beta, did not see any single player campaign. Thought hay it will appear on release day... Nope... no single player game. Apparantly BI are going to do all us Single player fans a massive favour and release it in 3 FREE DLCS the first of which will be ready in October....Single player has clearlyI brought ArmA during the Alpha, did not see any single player campaign, waited for the beta, did not see any single player campaign. Thought hay it will appear on release day... Nope... no single player game. Apparantly BI are going to do all us Single player fans a massive favour and release it in 3 FREE DLCS the first of which will be ready in October....Single player has clearly stopped being important enough to consider for the release version, its now a DLC. BI, I have a message for you..."By the time you see the cash.. it will already be too late for Arma 3"... My first ever ZERO vote since a menu saying coming soon offers no gameplay at all.... Well done... Expand
  31. Sep 13, 2013
    After all the hype and the excellence of ARMA 2 I couldn't wait to get my hands on ARMA 3. The game has progressed in a postive way, graphics, PhysX support, smoother gameplay (movement) and you can now actually swim! Though all this is let down by the fact that the game has no campaign and it is optimized worse than its predecessor. Simply unplayable at 20 FPS with low settings using aAfter all the hype and the excellence of ARMA 2 I couldn't wait to get my hands on ARMA 3. The game has progressed in a postive way, graphics, PhysX support, smoother gameplay (movement) and you can now actually swim! Though all this is let down by the fact that the game has no campaign and it is optimized worse than its predecessor. Simply unplayable at 20 FPS with low settings using a high-end gaming desktop. Expand
  32. Mar 20, 2014
    This is the best game on the market, i recommend buying it as soon as possible. Amazing graphics and terrain, the modding community and server staff have an unlimited amount of resources to work with. The sky is the limit. I know that this is the game for you if you like realism in your game play.
  33. Apr 17, 2014
    To people who gives 0 Points for the game: You can compare games with **** if there is a much better alternative, but wait... this series is still unique after over 10 years of sandbox simulation shooter.

Be fair, if you dont like the genre than dont rate 0 for it. Why 8 points ?: Unforgettable multiplayer/coop game experience. Lot of community content. 3 compaigns. Why not 10 ? :

Be fair, if you dont like the genre than dont rate 0 for it.

Why not 10 ? : bad multiplayer frames performance and still unhandy controls.
  34. Dec 28, 2014
    If you liked Codemaster’s Operation Flashpoint, then you will definitely like ARMA 3. Like Operation Flashpoint, ARMA 3 takes place on an island, and places no limitations on movement. The graphics are far superior to the 14 year old Operation Flashpoint, which is to be expected. The trees, bushes, and grass are very well done, making the game a sniper's dream come true.

The version

The version of ARMA 3 that I downloaded from Steam included a single campaign, that begins in a similar manner as the Operation Flashpoint primary campaign. However, some of the missions apparently were not play tested very well. For example, in one mission you have less than two minutes to find a UAV kit, set-up the UAV, then locate, and eliminate two enemy spotters using the UAV, even though you have no idea where the spotters are located. The location of the UAV and the enemy spotters change randomly every time you replay the mission. That makes the mission challenging, at best. Unplayable, at worst.

ARMA 3 has a much higher learning curve than CoD or Battlefield, and that can frustrate new players. Thankfully, ARMA 3 includes a Virtual Reality testing ground where you can become familiar with the weapons before going on a mission.

I have not played ARMA 3 in multiplayer mode yet, due to the frame rate issues. There are also still issues with bugs, but they are relatively minor. I have not experienced a game crash or a lock-up, but I have no DLC's installed either. I am just reviewing the core game as downloaded from Steam.

Overall, I would rate ARMA 3 a 7/10. Excellent graphics, but playability is difficult, with minor bug issues still to be resolved.
  35. Jan 10, 2015
    First of all, sorry for my bad english and i hope you all enjoy the review. Arma 3 is a simulation game, where is tried to reassemble a battlefield in a future war, themed on Greek territory in a major conflict. On the issue of simulation is the best that currently exists in the market, doing the work in a great way and being artistic, tense, realistic and colossal.
    The game's graphics
    The game's graphics are beautiful, refined and pleasant to look at, and even is possible to higher the sight distance from your character to more than 10 kilometers. Sure, there are better graphics on the market, but considering that the game has, on one of the maps, a greater extent of 230 square kilometers, the graphics are more than excellent.
    The gameplay is heavy in all its routes making it realistic, it is possible to customize the control and even the position of HUD and its colors. The game has a wide variety of land, air and sea vehicles and also a great personalized content of the equipment of your character, with items such as binoculars, flashlights, night vision goggles, thermal vision for weapons and more.
    The game's campaign is like the same promises, being realistic, while maintaining a great cinematic look to those who enjoy a loyal combat. It is complete, with the history of the conflict and having alternate factions involved in it.
    But like all games, Arma 3 also has its cons. The game has an editor mode, which is very good, but it is difficult to use, and limited to those who have more skill in logic and even a bit of programming. For those who like games with plenty of action as the Battlefield series, the game is not recommended, as it seeks a target audience that turns to a more real experience, which of course, need to have patience to play something like this.
    I give to eight note to the game, as this remain firm in reality and true to their fans, and for me the best market war game. I hope that through this analysis I have been clear enough and thank the attention of the reader. Have a good game!
  36. Aug 9, 2014
    It was back in 2001 as Codemaster’s Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis set the bar for military simulations. A game which did everything right from graphics, realism and mood as a fully integrated mission editor as well. It was so exiting to stay up in the night and play it for hours and hours. Codemaster and Bohemia tried hard in the coming years to built a better and even moreIt was back in 2001 as Codemaster’s Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis set the bar for military simulations. A game which did everything right from graphics, realism and mood as a fully integrated mission editor as well. It was so exiting to stay up in the night and play it for hours and hours. Codemaster and Bohemia tried hard in the coming years to built a better and even more realistic military simulation but something was missing for me – some kind of feeling. With Arma III Bohemia accomplished their mission fully this time. The game is so exciting in detail and offers one of the most realistic military simulation available today. Expand
  37. May 30, 2014
    Great graphics, interesting gameplay, authentic ambience and realistic sound. There are some flaws (lack of content, bugs), but they can't make this game bad. If you are an OFP veteran - ARMA 3 is worth buying.
  38. Jun 15, 2014
    Here is a game that encourages thought. You can jump in and play the SP mission if you want, but the real joy of Arma 3 is the editor and modding ability. Arma 3, like its predecessor Arma 2, encourages you to make your own game/missions and to use community led modding. There are so many different worlds and game-modes.... all free once you buy the core game. Add to this the gloriousHere is a game that encourages thought. You can jump in and play the SP mission if you want, but the real joy of Arma 3 is the editor and modding ability. Arma 3, like its predecessor Arma 2, encourages you to make your own game/missions and to use community led modding. There are so many different worlds and game-modes.... all free once you buy the core game. Add to this the glorious graphics and physics engine.... why bother with anything less? I just wish Electronic Arts (Battlefield 3&4..ugh) would get off their corporate money making merry-go-round, see what makes a game great and produce something they could be proud of for their legacy. Expand
  39. Jun 18, 2014
    This game is really immersive, you actually feel like you are in on the battlefield. You feel the adrenaline whenever you start getting under fire, and you actually have to work in team if you want to succeed. It's a simulator, and as a simulator, it does it to almost perfection. There's no fake environment sounds, every bomb you hear, every step you heard, every bullet you hear isThis game is really immersive, you actually feel like you are in on the battlefield. You feel the adrenaline whenever you start getting under fire, and you actually have to work in team if you want to succeed. It's a simulator, and as a simulator, it does it to almost perfection. There's no fake environment sounds, every bomb you hear, every step you heard, every bullet you hear is actually being shot by another player, and that's what I love about this game. It feels REAL. If you like fast paced, rambo, non-skills needed games you won't enjoy ARMA 3. It also has a lot of fantastic mods, you can either be on a zombie apocalypse, or you can be the next Hunger Games tribute trying to survive agaisnt 30 other players on a vast map. At first, I though this game was all about luck, because I couldnt kill anyone unless I saw them first, but after playing for a month, I can now say that I am pretty solid and I can take care of most situation. Either way, this is one of top my favorite games. Expand
  40. Jun 24, 2014
    10 instead of 9 to compensate for prmaguiar butthurt attitude. This game, in it's current form is near perfect. It's an amazing experience that improved on everything the series had to offer so far.
    There are still some things that could use some attention from the developers - and that's exactly what they get. I've completed the singleplayer campaign recently and was very impressed with it. And days after that a patch was released that added most of the things I wanted the campaign to have.

On top of the base game which is worth it's price by itself, it has a huge, wonderful community that churns out content and improvements to the base game on a daily basis with great variety.

I have only two real problems with it - US MTP camo that looks like a cat lady let all her pets vomit on a piece of canvas to make (But that's what US military uses irl.) and the futuristic setting. (But that is already amended by so, so wonderful mods available. ;)
  41. Mar 21, 2014
    There is COD, BF, Counter-Strike, and then there is Arma(In this case, Arma 3). All these FPS's I listed have been around for 15+ years and are still around because of the fact that they offer unique standards for old and new players to explore.

With that said, Armed Assault 3 roots back from Codemasters Operation Flashpoint, a military simulator game that is actually used by military, as well as a public consumer market version now known as Arma 3.

Though more mainstream FPS gamers from COD and BF are now playing Arma because of the widely popular DayZ, Bohemia still manages to stick to their roots and offer everything from their previous titles. This includes huge modding support with in-game easy to use editor, multiplayer(PvP and Coop), and multiple sandbox maps.

Some worthy new features they added are:
    -PhysX (ragdolls, vehicle physics)
    -More emphases on CQB and enterable buildings(buildings are destructible too like in Arma 2)
    -Underwater exploration and tactics
    -Unit stances and weapon customization
    -Better user friendly GUI and enhanced graphics
    -A modern take on militarization
    -Extremely realistic lighting and particle effects

There is for sure more to list, but those are the core features I can think up at the moment.

Like all their previous titles, Bohemia listens to their community. They continuously (even today) still support Arma 2 and will most likely always be working on and improving Arma 3.

Any bugs, bad optimization etc will be worked out eventually but as of today, the game is stable, has been better optimized from alpha-beta, and is one of a kind experience still.

Arma 3 can be all of the FPS games above with the amount of mod support. The base game tends to focus more on real world scenario type simulation which is extremely exciting because you value your life much more instead of endlessly respawning feet away from your enemy (you respawn in Arma 3 too, just typically farther away from where you died unless your revived). You won't be getting 50 kills in 3 minutes, because this is not a shoot-em-up type game, it is a tactical game. If you've ever wanted to get a taste of what real combat may be like, this is as close to it as you can get.

Hope this review helps! What are you waiting for? Go buy it already!
  42. Apr 11, 2014
    Arma 3 is a fun game and I don't think it should be frowned upon. It has amazing graphics and HUGE map to do your dirty work and a huge arsenal of weapons and attachments at your disposal. Now with every pro there is a con and there are problems in Arma 3. The AI are liked the terminator as soon as they see you they kill you and your team's AI are a piece of crap. It can be hard to seeArma 3 is a fun game and I don't think it should be frowned upon. It has amazing graphics and HUGE map to do your dirty work and a huge arsenal of weapons and attachments at your disposal. Now with every pro there is a con and there are problems in Arma 3. The AI are liked the terminator as soon as they see you they kill you and your team's AI are a piece of crap. It can be hard to see people and fire at them with generic holo scopes (It might be different for you). It takes FOREVER to do something cause you have to get your stuff, go there, shoot, and 3 hours later you finally finished a small mission. Then there is the bugs but they are easy to overcome. Overall, Arma 3 is a great game it does need a bit of polish but if you like military simulators or first person shooters or you want to try something new other than call of duty this is a great game for that. I give arma 3 a 85/100. Expand
  43. Apr 23, 2014
    Bought this game in alpha as I found Arma 2 to be tons of fun online. Even with all the hackers and other things the amount of realism was too much to pass over. Arma 3 started off a little slow with content and things to do, yet it has been seeing much more support over the last few months. It now has a single player campaign mode and some online support along with tons of steam workshopBought this game in alpha as I found Arma 2 to be tons of fun online. Even with all the hackers and other things the amount of realism was too much to pass over. Arma 3 started off a little slow with content and things to do, yet it has been seeing much more support over the last few months. It now has a single player campaign mode and some online support along with tons of steam workshop mods.

Gameplay: Realism is a keyword here, this game is not your typical fps or third person shooter. It is important to play this game as you would in real life. Bullet damage is high as getting shoot once or twice will put you down. Aim is also difficult as it has recoil and bullet drop so spamming your rifle down range will only end up getting you killed. AI is easy when it comes to single player and will only get the drop on you if your stupid and run into situations with no care in the world. Multiplayer is a blast depending on what mods or if you have friends to play with.

Graphic: Next gen graphic’s as it is top of the line, game runs smoothly on decent rigs and looks amazing on top of the line hardware.

Replay Value: Single player is fairly quick and won't keep you coming back, but multiplayer aspect of this game will keep you busy for as long as people keep busting out content.

Overall this game is a huge win, a must have for military fans and people who enjoy fps/third person games that aren’t your typical styles.
  44. Feb 1, 2015
    Played through about 500 hours right now and what makes it a 10 for me is the variability of what the game can be. whatever you want to do there is a mission for you. Then on the greater scheme of things you have two massive Islands to play on with a third coming in the expansion.

We also have free features with each dlc and the option to buy them and get more content and support the developers which IMHO is great to have in a game.

In my opinion the only con to the game is the performance and some of that is just down to poor mission optimization as you can go in a 30/40 player KoTH game and get 60+fps easily just like single player but when that reaches 70+ players then you shoot down to 20-30fps.
  45. Dec 15, 2013
    This game is outstanding! It's been an early access game prior to launch so I think some of the COD and BF Nutswingers might have down voted the game because it's not a twitch shooter. It's a Mil Sim not an arcade game, and should be judged like one.
  46. Nov 2, 2013
    People rating this down and saying there is not enouph vehicul or graphic are not good are sound if fake seem to forget what other games are offering. Arma 3 have 10x more vehicule than any game done in the past, the graphic are better than most game, and the sound of rifle are realistic,not like the dwoned down sound of hollywood action movie. people seem to have a fantasy of what a gamePeople rating this down and saying there is not enouph vehicul or graphic are not good are sound if fake seem to forget what other games are offering. Arma 3 have 10x more vehicule than any game done in the past, the graphic are better than most game, and the sound of rifle are realistic,not like the dwoned down sound of hollywood action movie. people seem to have a fantasy of what a game should be, but seem to forget that no other game if opffering even half of what arma 3 is offering. It have the biggest map of any game done. It is almost 2x washington dc. How can you say othewr game have better fps when the map is 100x smaller and you cant snipe someone from 2.5 km away. With the map full of AI to process on a gigantic map. Dont be stupid and compare a little BF map of couple meter to a whole living world. Sure arma coulod be better optimised, but no other game is offering what we have with arma 3 and no with 10 of dlc after or whatnot Expand
  47. Oct 28, 2013
    An absolutely best shooter game around, Arma III improves already amazing series. While we are constantly fed with arcade style games such as Call of Duty's and Battlefields, Arma III gives the most realistic gameplay, the only thing more realistic than this is to go out and do Airsoft, or join the Army and fight in a real war. Game improved complicated interface that frustrated manyAn absolutely best shooter game around, Arma III improves already amazing series. While we are constantly fed with arcade style games such as Call of Duty's and Battlefields, Arma III gives the most realistic gameplay, the only thing more realistic than this is to go out and do Airsoft, or join the Army and fight in a real war. Game improved complicated interface that frustrated many players in Arma II but also improved photo-realism graphics (hands down some of the best graphics around) and animation. The amount of detail is astonishing. While Infinity Ward tries to amaze Call of Duty fanboys with fish AI, Arma III has amazing environmental AI from birds to snakes and onward. Animation detail is amazing with little details such as different reload animations for each rifle to add more realism into a game.

The only problem I faced with this game is the controls. You get used to them but they are painful if you just started playing a game. This is majorly because of what you can do. Call of Duty limits you to running, unrealistic diving and shooting, Arma III enables you to actually do techniques real soldiers do. The way how most players play the game is so realistic, that I actually recognized them as I used them in professional Airsoft skirmishing.

To conclude, the game is purely amazing with inspirational amount of detail, things to do and realism. Realistic game with charm gameplay and character, DICE and Infinity Ward could only learn from Arma III.
  48. Mar 12, 2015
    Realistic military sandbox, what would be better than this, there is no others. BIS is making wonderful work in continous development, and end is not near.
  49. Oct 27, 2013
    For those who feel disappointed about this game. Don't consider it as a game, consider it as a platform that can be fully expanded. If you look back on ArmA2 you'll find that player created mods are actually more fun then this game it self. You wanna realistic, you can use ACE mod, you wanna play zombie game you can play DayZ mod, you want WW2 game, there is Invasion 1944, and not toFor those who feel disappointed about this game. Don't consider it as a game, consider it as a platform that can be fully expanded. If you look back on ArmA2 you'll find that player created mods are actually more fun then this game it self. You wanna realistic, you can use ACE mod, you wanna play zombie game you can play DayZ mod, you want WW2 game, there is Invasion 1944, and not to mention all the addons from different country's military, and all the player created MP missions, SP missions, Campaigns, huge maps etc. So if you see this game a little empty, believe me it will get a whole lot more playable then you can imagine,

The more important thing is, ArmA3 as a platform is already way better then ArmA2. When people see ArmA2 they don't wanna play it more or less because of its graphic is quite outdated. But if you look at ArmA3, it has pretty much no different then the other FPS games today. Plus the view distance and map size, I'll give ArmA3 a top mark on graphics.

I myself is a little bit disappointed that BIS released a version is not fully developed. The first released version didn't even has a campaign. As a programmer I will personally consider this game still under a beta version, maybe they're under some kind of pressure, I don't know, but I'm pretty confident that this game will get better and better. So if you don't like game now, just occasionally check out on armaholic website. You may found more and more mods you'll enjoy. And not to mention BIS will release official DLC and expansions as well.
  50. Nov 9, 2013
    Arma 3 is not fps game like battlefield and Cod. Arma 3 is a military sim with endless possibilities, with a community that adds so much content. Maybe there wasn't as much content as arma 2, but if you take your time to go online and look at the mod community you will be amazed. To get the maximum experience out of the game, you will need find a group with skill. Because Arma is a gameArma 3 is not fps game like battlefield and Cod. Arma 3 is a military sim with endless possibilities, with a community that adds so much content. Maybe there wasn't as much content as arma 2, but if you take your time to go online and look at the mod community you will be amazed. To get the maximum experience out of the game, you will need find a group with skill. Because Arma is a game that needs to be played with more people, not a game were you're a lone wolf. Expand
  51. Oct 3, 2013
    Game of the century if only it was optimised and less buggy.Runs poorly on a high spec rig and lacks depth due to the maps being very empty and un-used at this stage.I've had fun on the multiplayer but it doesn't seem to hold my interest for very long.I've been a fan since the old days but the games always seem to have too many problems to quite make them as epic as they should be.I'm gladGame of the century if only it was optimised and less buggy.Runs poorly on a high spec rig and lacks depth due to the maps being very empty and un-used at this stage.I've had fun on the multiplayer but it doesn't seem to hold my interest for very long.I've been a fan since the old days but the games always seem to have too many problems to quite make them as epic as they should be.I'm glad I bought it even if it's just to explore and "hang out" with friends for a bit, but sorry something doesn't quite sit for me.Seems like a great opportunity waiting for the right moment to blossom. Expand
  52. Oct 10, 2013
    Pros
    Amazing Graphics
    huge scale
    Great physics
    Detailed weapons
    Good vechiles
    Cons
    At the moment lack of content
    Technical Problems
    Singleplayer maxed out runs well at around 40-80 FPS but multiplayer some servers can't handle the game and it can drop down to 15 FPS
    My Specs
    Intel i7 4820k Extreme@4.7 ghz
    Corsair 16 GB Vengeance Pro 1866 Mhz
    GTX 770 4 GB
  53. Oct 8, 2013
    If you are looking for a more realistic military sandbox, Arma 3 does it right.
    You can set up all kinds of different combat scenarios in the editor and give it a try in singleplayer or multiplayer.
    If you are looking for a more realistic military sandbox, Arma 3 does it right.
    Once you have learned how the AI wants to be controlled, it is pretty good. At least the AI can give you a hard challenge on the enemy side, but propperly used it can be really deadly on the friendly side too.
    Multiplayer is best played in a clan where everybody sticks to the plan. But thats the same with most games.

But now and then you find little flaws that make you frown. Some of them are the players fault caused by lack of experience with the game mechanics or unrealistic behaviour in hot combat zones. But others are real bugs that will be fixed in the future.
    Arma 3 surely has some kind of high-angle learning curve until you fully understand the mechanics. But after that you can have tons of hours of fun. Most of the people i know have stacked 200+ hours.
    At least Arma 3 is 10 times worth your money and absolutely worth your time. You should try it. And if you have problems playing it, ask experienced players for help.
  54. Oct 26, 2013
    Arma 3 is a step forward in the right direction. Adding the new movements, attachment system, NVIDIA Physx, and customizable outfits gives players the opportunity to bring out the game's true potential. With all of these things now added into the game, it opens up a whole playground for the modding community to put their imaginations to the test. The possibilities go even further as Arma 3Arma 3 is a step forward in the right direction. Adding the new movements, attachment system, NVIDIA Physx, and customizable outfits gives players the opportunity to bring out the game's true potential. With all of these things now added into the game, it opens up a whole playground for the modding community to put their imaginations to the test. The possibilities go even further as Arma 3 has been introduced to the Steam workshop, giving players the opportunity to pick up some player made content with the click of a button. I give Arma 3 a score of nine because giving any game a ten would mean it was perfect. As any Arma series player would know, there isn't one Arma game that is free of bugs or glitches. Overall this game is definitely worth a look and maybe even a try. Expand
  55. Nov 10, 2013
    This is a great game, the graphics are amazing, the gameplay is fluid, the interface is better, but still not good, and the AI is mediocre, even for a multiplayer focused game.They could have handled the beta better, that's true. The episode of the campaign released is great, much better than I expected. The multiplayer is really good, with lots of gamemodes, and the maps are huge and funThis is a great game, the graphics are amazing, the gameplay is fluid, the interface is better, but still not good, and the AI is mediocre, even for a multiplayer focused game.They could have handled the beta better, that's true. The episode of the campaign released is great, much better than I expected. The multiplayer is really good, with lots of gamemodes, and the maps are huge and fun to play. The most important thing is that it improves every aspect of ARMA 2, so if you liked that, its definately the game for you.If you, like me, could se the potential but couldnt get into the previous game, you'll love this game. Expand
  56. Feb 24, 2014
    Highly Recommended

Great Graphics, Epic Gameplay, endless options for Multiplayer modes (Though CTI and TDM are my favorite!) I fell in love with this game, it simply rocks, though one should be aware this is nothing like the BF series etc, you either love or hate Arma, as simple as that. If you like games like AA3 and Red Orchestra etc. chances are you will absolutley love Arma.
    Highly Recommended

Great Graphics, Epic Gameplay, endless options for Multiplayer modes
    (Though CTI and TDM are my favorite!)

All in all give it a try if its on a Steam Sale or if once of your friends already got it.
  57. Nov 2, 2013
    Pros:
    -Good First Campaign Episode
    -Excellent Terrain -Graphics are beautiful -Good bank of user content now available over workshop -Scale is huge! Lots of fun to play -Good coop Cons -Still can feel a little clunky at points because of the action menu -Hard to optimize for lower spec PCs (especially for online play) -Some factions still feel a bit "neglected" by content, for
    Pros:
    -Good First Campaign Episode
    -Excellent Terrain
    -Graphics are beautiful
    -Good bank of user content now available over workshop
    -Scale is huge! Lots of fun to play
    -Good coop

Cons
    -Still can feel a little clunky at points because of the action menu
    -Hard to optimize for lower spec PCs (especially for online play)
    -Some factions still feel a bit "neglected" by content, for example no jets for CSAT or NATO

Overall I am thoroughly enjoying ARMA 3, and it deserves a much better score than it has at the moment, and is a enormous improvement on ARMA 2.
  58. Oct 12, 2013
    Is this a bad game? No far from it, Arma 3 does improve on a lot of things from the previous Arma. The gear interface is much easier to use and the HUD is a lot less clunky than it used to be. The game is a visual treat for a game of it's size but of course it does have it's cons that make me not want to play it. For instance: Where did the large arsenal of vehicles go? The small amount ofIs this a bad game? No far from it, Arma 3 does improve on a lot of things from the previous Arma. The gear interface is much easier to use and the HUD is a lot less clunky than it used to be. The game is a visual treat for a game of it's size but of course it does have it's cons that make me not want to play it. For instance: Where did the large arsenal of vehicles go? The small amount of vehicles in a game so large is a massive blow as variation is key to making a good game. However, the guns in Arma 3 are much more diverse and it does take a bit of use to find your "golden gun." The UAV system is nice, I like it a lot more than the ones in ARMA 2. But the thing I feel that lets this game down is the lack of campaign mode, and that most of the most popular game modes online are mods, which doesn't say much about Bohemia Interactive's skill to make fun game modes. Overall I give this game a 7 because there are some faults still in it that need ironing out but other than that the game is actually pretty cool. Expand
  59. Nov 10, 2013
    I think Arma 3 has great potential, but was more or less poorly executed. The fall for me is the inconsistency. There are many great moments, but they are often squandered by glitches or poor design. Compared to Arma 2 I think it is a big step forward. Both in graphics and gameplay. I hope the Bohemia keeps working on the issues in order for Arma to reach its true potential.
  60. Dec 4, 2013
    Best military sim i have ever played, and possible one of the best games.

the scale and attention to detail really brings this game to life.

It may not have a fantastic campaign, but the sheer diversity of the coop/ multiplayer sets it apart from the rest. Although for someone new the ARMA, it may take quite a while to get used to it.
  61. Sep 25, 2013
    Arma is not for everyone which is perhaps why most reviewers settle for an uncompromising 7/10. There's really nothing like it though and while currently modest in content A3 is otherwise a pretty solid entry. It can only get better so I give an optimistic 9.
  62. Sep 24, 2013
    Potential buyers please read: This is not Battlefield. This is not CoD. If you're looking for an arcade shoot-em-up you will be disappointed. If you cannot flank a position or take cover quickly, you're gonna have a bad time. This is the ARMA engine. It has bugs. It's always had bugs. Don't expect some grand, cinematic campaign either, as this game is a sandbox made for modding first andPotential buyers please read: This is not Battlefield. This is not CoD. If you're looking for an arcade shoot-em-up you will be disappointed. If you cannot flank a position or take cover quickly, you're gonna have a bad time. This is the ARMA engine. It has bugs. It's always had bugs. Don't expect some grand, cinematic campaign either, as this game is a sandbox made for modding first and foremost.

Sorry had to get that out of the way
    Improvement on the arma 2 engine, it feels a lot smoother. Great gunplay and awesome tactical situations. These games seriously ruined all other shooters for me. Modding community is awesome, and it's only gonna get bigger. Altis Life and DUWS is what I'm playin right now. Can't really rate the base game, because I'll play the campaign once and then put 120 hours into various mods. So I'll give a 9/10 for the hours of entertainment I'm getting
  63. Sep 18, 2013
    I'd like this game. I don't understand why so many guys make negative reviews to this game. The game is very realistic and just awesome. We got traditional ARMA, but in new box, and its really awesome. Guys, who saying, that optimization is bad didnt played in ARMA 2, because there optimisation was much worse. So, i can recomend this game you, if you arent COD-child. If you dont welcomeI'd like this game. I don't understand why so many guys make negative reviews to this game. The game is very realistic and just awesome. We got traditional ARMA, but in new box, and its really awesome. Guys, who saying, that optimization is bad didnt played in ARMA 2, because there optimisation was much worse. So, i can recomend this game you, if you arent COD-child. If you dont welcome to battle. Expand
  64. Sep 21, 2013
    An excellent addition to the series, expanding improving on some elements and degrading others. However, BI relied too much on Altis landscape and I'm simply giving 10 out of my gratitude, so this game continues to improve and satisfy people with an unmatched attention for detail and sophistication.
  65. Sep 27, 2013
    To compensate for all these cod fanboys giving the game a 0 out of 10 becouse they cant have theyr twitch shooter expirience ill give it 10/10.

Cons : Poor optimization. Narrow selection of weapons vehicles. AI that sences where you are gonna pop up. Pros : Fun as with friends. Map editor. MODS. ADDONS. Looks good & sounds good. Map is huge as probably takes like

Cons :

Poor optimization.
    Narrow selection of weapons vehicles.
    AI that sences where you are gonna pop up.

Pros :

Fun as with friends.
    Map editor.
    MODS.
    ADDONS.
    Looks good & sounds good.
    Map is huge as probably takes like 5-7 hours to run across it.
    Physics.
    ++++ alot more things but ill keep this short

Overall its same quality as arma 2 but that new movement fluidness and difirent stances make it better for me .

Also people saying that it shouldnt cost as much as AAA games well you should have bought it when it was in alpha for 25 Stupid ppl will be stupid
  66. Nov 8, 2013
    The most technological game in ARMA series and the best one in all aspects. And the modding makes game capabilities unlimited. In this great game you can do everything.
  67. Nov 2, 2013
    Compared with ARMA2, the game-play is much more fluid, smoother, more FPS-like. Don't expect CoD stile game-play, but that's a good thing. Team-play, as always with ARMA series, is essential.

The weapons and vehicles are all fictional (due to royalties restrictions), but they all feel real and there is a good balance between the factions' gear. The community no-doubt will fix this. There are already quite a few of 'replacements' like the SA80 assault rifle and a full US/Russian weapons. Many more are in the pipeline.

Recently, the first chapter of a campaign has been released as a free DLC with very well done, really enjoyable game-play.

You do need a fairly powerful PC, but the game is less resource-intensive than ARMA2. I can run almost everything maxed up on a 2 year old machine (only turned down shadows and removed AA as I run it at full resolution).

To enjoy the game play you need to spend some time to learn the controls, not just for the soldiers, but also for the different vehicles, UAV, robots etc. There is also a command set of instructions where you don't need to get into the fight, but manage the battlefield groups to fulfill the mission. Aslo, don't forget the scuba divers a first in the ARMA environment under-water warfare!

The mission editor is even more powerful than ever and there are plenty of community-created missions available to download either via STEAM or from various websites. You can create large multi-unit battles or smaller building-clearing type of missions the last now works better than ever as it wasn't a strong point in previous ARMAs .

This game has got some quirks, but for the kind of scale it covers huge terrain, multitude of units, weapons, vehicles etc. it is a truly enjoyable battlefield simulation off-line or on-line.

Bohemia Interactive's constant support for the game, dedicated server files, modding tools brings a breath of fresh air in the FPS world at a time when other FPS games (BF and CoD) are now console games, a constant more and more expensive re-hash of the same, with a very closed server environment.

Well done Bohemia Interactive! And thank you!
  68. Nov 21, 2013
    Awesome game with great potential, it still has various issues such as poor optimization and a general lack of content but that's to be expected, personally I think the game should still be in beta state rather than release but I fully expect and trust Bohemia Interactive to fix these issues and provide more official content in future, unlike many other game developers they actually listenAwesome game with great potential, it still has various issues such as poor optimization and a general lack of content but that's to be expected, personally I think the game should still be in beta state rather than release but I fully expect and trust Bohemia Interactive to fix these issues and provide more official content in future, unlike many other game developers they actually listen to player feedback.

The overall feel of the game is much improved from ArmA 2, movement in particular is a lot more fluid which makes ground combat a whole lot easier, the user interface is also a lot cleaner making gear management relatively simple compared with previous games in the series, the only thing I am really disappointed in is the weapons, there seems to be a lot less variety and many of the much loved classic weapons are gone in favor of fictional futuristic weaponry.

While the game is not the best at the moment the future for it looks very good, there is already an active modding community around it producing some great content, so I'd highly recommend ArmA 3, although if you're looking for more polish I suggest waiting maybe 6 months or so.
  69. Nov 25, 2013
    I can't even find the right words to emphasise how huge this game is. I hate myself for not buying it when it was $32, and I definitely didn't want to miss it at $45. Even for the full price ($60) this is a great purchase. Yes, it is THAT good.
  70. Sep 26, 2013
    Gameplay is brilliant. The options are limitless, its a very complex game which takes military FPS and converts it into the most real experience a game can get you into. It has everything, from complete infantry movement, to vehicle driving, helicopter flying, tactical gameplay, action gameplay, diving missions, sniper missions, support calling etc. You can choose from various roles, likeGameplay is brilliant. The options are limitless, its a very complex game which takes military FPS and converts it into the most real experience a game can get you into. It has everything, from complete infantry movement, to vehicle driving, helicopter flying, tactical gameplay, action gameplay, diving missions, sniper missions, support calling etc. You can choose from various roles, like AT soldier, rifleman, squad leader, combat medic, and so on, and explore in multiple ways each one. Its impossible to describe the complete experience on a review.

Graphics, I dont have to go into any detail here, they are simply gorgeous. I run with a AMD 9750. You can tweak the graphics to fit your current graphics card also. When running on ultra, I uploaded some screens on my G+ account, and some friends thought the pics were real, until they gave a closer look. Honetly, this game brings up the power of PC gaming.

Content. Many people review this game as bad, because it does not have content. My response to that is that they are lazy as hell. You just need to open up the steam workshop and shuffle though the hundreds and maybe thousands in a couple of months, of user created content. Missions ranging from singleplayer, coop, multiplayer, infantry, vehicle, flying missions, diving missions, combined tactics, sandbox missions, etc etc etc etc. As I said before, cant explain the wide array of options in a single review.

Conclusion. If you are looking for your typical FPS, dont buy it. You will just be disappointed. If you are lazy, or you dont understand how a tactical game is played, or dont have the time/energy to invest into learning how to play (very steep learning curve here guys), then just dont. But if you are looking for a the best military, tactical experience, then give it a try.
  71. Oct 1, 2013
    Forget COD or BF3, this is not a run and shoot game. The basic is that this is a Military Sim.

If you say Lack of content, then you really need explain your self. With the Steam Workshop you can pick any mission you would to do, SP/MP/COOP. There where some issue's with Altris, but that has been solved. Both maps plays smoothly. There bugs, like every game and yes that is on

If you say Lack of content, then you really need explain your self.

With the Steam Workshop you can pick any mission you would to do, SP/MP/COOP.

There bugs, like every game and yes that is on this also. Do not forget this is not a company that got a major budget.
    The main focus is that it is a sim. The support I didn't have to use. The community for ARMA is big.
    And on what other game can you bring in a issue that will be please on a backlog where everyone can add information to it. And then the problem has been solved that you even can read it in there.

Modding is great (Laxentis, you do need to do something for that.. there is more then enough tutorials on YT).

Anyway, if you like to run and shoot, then I think this is not a game for you.

If you like:
    - teamplay
    - Taking command of a squad
    - Flying with 700 Km/u on low altitude
    - Drive all kinds of vehicles
    - And have fun in building up a mission with some friend..

Then this is the game for you.
    In our clan more and more COD players joined ARMA.
    At the moment we run 2 ARMA3 server (with a bunch of other COD/RO/Sniper Elite servers).
    Looking for a ARMA clan? www.ubbclan.net

for me 9/10
  72. Nov 27, 2013
    If you want a game about real war with all kinds of vehicles and full-scale offensive on huge territories, this game for you. Great game with great potential.
  73. Feb 22, 2014
    They outdid themselves. Animations have been greatly improved, graphics are terrific, and it's much more fluid than Arma 2. I fully recommend this for anybody serious about their simming.

Do not buy if you're looking for a shooter (CoD, Battlefield, CS). Arma is a military simulator - and the best there is.
  74. Feb 14, 2014
    First of all, I feel like a lot of people who have rated this game in the mid-lower range have really trivial complaints. No only that but it looks like they posted the day after it came out of beta and was fully released. I've had this game since it was first released into beta, after alpha, and I would have rated it a 9 then. The mechanics, inventory, and combat are all solid. I can'tFirst of all, I feel like a lot of people who have rated this game in the mid-lower range have really trivial complaints. No only that but it looks like they posted the day after it came out of beta and was fully released. I've had this game since it was first released into beta, after alpha, and I would have rated it a 9 then. The mechanics, inventory, and combat are all solid. I can't remember the last time I witnessed a bug except maybe a hat showing up as a red hat in inventory and a fedora on my character, seriously. Not only are there a ton of multiplayer coop servers up, there are also the Wasteland servers on both Altis and Stratis. With the different Wasteland servers up with different coding this supplies a HUGE wealth of gameplay alone. The community is great which is a really big part of any MMO. When I play stuff like Counter Strike I just rage because of all the brats that TK if you want to throw down a strat they can't handle. I've met more people by way of grouping to loot and take down other groups so many times on Arma games and this is no different. This is a bit all over the place but the game is just incredibly fun. It doesn't get any better, honestly. Get a few friends together, hop in a codefour Wasteland server and secure one objective, you'll be hooked. Expand
  75. Feb 21, 2014
    Not writing a long review here, but this game is fantastic.
    -EXCELLENT Graphics
    -REALISTIC Warfare
    Only reason it is not a ten is because of the clunky feel that the game has. An improvement over Arma 2, but still noticeable. The multiplayer is not well-optimized either, so don't jump in without a Mid-High end PC (a 780 will do you fine)
  76. Jun 30, 2014
    This is f*** awesome.
    Es el mejor juego que he tenido en los últimos 10 años, y tengo 35 tacos. He jugado toda mi vida al PC, y se de lo que hablo, es un juego muy rejugable, Wasteland, Breaking Point, Altis Life, es la leche. Con un solo juego es como si jugaras al 5. Contentisimo, y además lo consigues de oferta, genial.
    Gracias Bohemian interactive!
  77. Jul 6, 2014
    Es el mejor juego de simulación de guerra.. tiene hasta el más ultimo detalle y además, podes agregar mods, misiones, campañas.. nunca terminas de jugarlo! el online es muy bueno y cada detalle del juego es excelente... algunos bugs pero siempre se solucionan
  78. Jul 18, 2014
    Le meilleur jeu de simulation de guerre . Map immense , physique du mouvement et des armes trés réaliste , beaucoup de véhicule , accessoire , arme. Assez dur au départ et demande une très bonne agilité du joueur , il font réfléchir et ensuite tirée pas faire l'inverse comme dans les autres fps .
  79. Sep 10, 2014
    E' vergognoso come e' stato trattato questo gioco appena uscito con voto sul 70. si vede che bohemia non ha i miliardi che hanno le altre software house per fare le cosidette massiccie campagne di marketing e vendere giochi merdosi come fossero dei capolavori
    Dopo un anno e' stato sistemato in gran parte ed e' ancora supportato sia dagli sviluppatori che dalla community , hanno aggiunto una solida campagna single player e molti altri contenuti aggiuntivi come una intera nuova isola.
    Dopo un anno il gioco merita 90.
  80. Oct 27, 2014
    Tengo a precisare subito che questo titolo non è un gioco per tutti, infatti si tratta di un simulatore puro di guerriglia che non da spazio a persone abituate a titoli come cod e battlefield, (qui è reale). ci sono vari punti forti ma mi soffermerò solo sui più importanti, 1) intelligenza artificiale dei nemici eccellente (molte volte non li vedrete nemmeno arrivare e adotteranno tatticheTengo a precisare subito che questo titolo non è un gioco per tutti, infatti si tratta di un simulatore puro di guerriglia che non da spazio a persone abituate a titoli come cod e battlefield, (qui è reale). ci sono vari punti forti ma mi soffermerò solo sui più importanti, 1) intelligenza artificiale dei nemici eccellente (molte volte non li vedrete nemmeno arrivare e adotteranno tattiche diverse per prendervi) 2) colori e luci dello scenario realistici e non sparati a 1000 3) mappa sconfinata e TOTALE LIBERTA di movimento sull'intera mappa 4) non siamo rinchiusi in un percorso prestabilito ma siamo noi a creare il nostro 5) editor eccezionale, in poche parole gli sviluppatore danno lo strumento che hanno usato loro per creare missioni e campagna, quindi possiamo sbizzarrirci a creare e giocare ogni tipo di situazione.
    ci sarebbero altre cose ma per ora penso sia anche troppo il resto giudicatelo voi.
    consiglio il gioco agli amanti del genere e dico a chi vuole una storia profonda, un gioco facile e un percorso ludico guidato dentro una specie di labirinto di NON PRENDERE assolutamente questo titolo, perche non vivrebbe la simulazione. BEST GAME OF WAR.
  81. Nov 16, 2014
    It's the best game of it's kind and that's a fact. Too bad no other large scale war sims exist aside from VBS.. You can only say that about very few games in the history of games period.

People throw the term "fanboy" around waaay too much. I've been playing and enjoying the series since before there was any bandwagon to ride... So take your fanboy @#$% and shove it.
  82. Jan 21, 2015
    Los desarrolladores han credo uno de los mejores videojuegos bélicos, en lo personal el mejor hasta el día de hoy, solo falta arreglar algunos Bugs y quedaría listo.

Lo recomiendo muchísimo si te gusta lo estratégico y no andar por ahí corriendo y matando gente.

Saludos.
  83. Sep 17, 2013
    ArmA 3 is the best military simulation title. It is really a fantastic product. Can't wait for the DLCs and all the additional expansion. This is WAR.
  84. Nov 2, 2013
    Holy I bought ARMA 2 and thought the multiplayer was amazing. The just released campaign for ARMA 3 has me waiting for the next one like a little girl who just wet her pants because of a six-pack.

HOLY 10!

FREE THE DEVS, SUPPORT THEM. HOLY LOL

Seriously no fan boy best campaign in the history of gaming. Best I have ever seen/played.
  85. Sep 13, 2013
    Game has massive potential but they released an unfinished game. Waste of money. Very poorly optimized, very low fps on multiplayer to the point it's unplayable.
  86. Nov 18, 2013
    An amazing game which vastly improves the ArmA franchise. Although the optimizations are a bit patchy, and the game having a few strange bugs, it is significantly better than ArmA II. The new movement system, animations, weaponry, sounds, textures, lighting are amazing. The only problems I have with it is the difficult to use mission editor and the lack of hardcore, militaristic servers.An amazing game which vastly improves the ArmA franchise. Although the optimizations are a bit patchy, and the game having a few strange bugs, it is significantly better than ArmA II. The new movement system, animations, weaponry, sounds, textures, lighting are amazing. The only problems I have with it is the difficult to use mission editor and the lack of hardcore, militaristic servers. It is a game that you can mess around with, and go scuba diving with your friends in, but at the same time one where you can be super serious and help be part of an invasion to liberate an island from tyrannical forces. Everything about it is better than ArmA 2, apart from the lack of community. Expand
  87. Sep 13, 2013
    Altis is great terrain and ArmA 3 is huge improvement in the series. Its not bugfest as previous instalments so I can recommend if you dont mind higher difficulty than COD of BF and that campaign is to be added later.
  88. Sep 14, 2013
    Arma 3 is a good game, but the lack of content and some AI ploblems make it feel like a beta version. On the bright side the new things are great. If you liked the series then you should buy this game
  89. Sep 15, 2013
    Great game and a huge step up from Arma 2 good work Bohemia Interactive. Multiplier is were this game shines but the powerful editor is just as good. I don't know why some people are going out about no campaign just make your own and they've already said they will add it in the future. In conclusion there's still things to improve on of course and I wish this game was in the modern eraGreat game and a huge step up from Arma 2 good work Bohemia Interactive. Multiplier is were this game shines but the powerful editor is just as good. I don't know why some people are going out about no campaign just make your own and they've already said they will add it in the future. In conclusion there's still things to improve on of course and I wish this game was in the modern era not the future, but the core game is excellent. Highly recommended for realistic military war buffs. Expand
  90. Sep 20, 2013
    power of arma is in modding and community, it is improved a lot since previous titles and BIS will support its development further, i'm not an average player and can be considered ofp/arma fanboi and arma2 is the only game i've played regularly at least once a week for the last 6 years and i will continue to play in arma3 no doubt, it's not the game for everyone, most of the people shouldpower of arma is in modding and community, it is improved a lot since previous titles and BIS will support its development further, i'm not an average player and can be considered ofp/arma fanboi and arma2 is the only game i've played regularly at least once a week for the last 6 years and i will continue to play in arma3 no doubt, it's not the game for everyone, most of the people should by bf4 instead Expand
  91. atd
    Oct 11, 2013
    My sum:

Corsair PSU-850TX 850W Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i Gigabyte X58 UD3R r:1.6 Intel i7 920 D0 2.66 3.0Ghz 6GB Triple Channel RAM 2000Mhz Gigabyte GTX 660Ti OCZ RevoDrive 3 120Gb 6Gb/s 2x1TB HDD Western Digital Black RAID 0 2x3TB HDD Seagate OEM RAID 0 ACER GD245HQ/BenQ XL2420T FPS: 35 to 55 after optimization :-) If you are looking for mature game-play and a
    My sum:

OCZ RevoDrive 3 120Gb 6Gb/s
    2x1TB HDD Western Digital Black RAID 0
    2x3TB HDD Seagate OEM RAID 0
    ACER GD245HQ/BenQ XL2420T

FPS: 35 to 55 after optimization :-)

If you are looking for mature game-play and a ton of fun, than ARMA 3 is 4U! :-)

Once you have joined the right clan and you are playing on the ''closed'' clan server you will find this game awesome :-)

(clan server no lag, no strangers, no spammers, no nubs, no hackers, live admin fun fun fun :-))

If you want to play ARMA 3 online, like you would play Battlefield or COD or whatever, this game is not for you!

lot of fun, with the right people, for the right people!

This is not an Arcade game, this is a ''slow'' paced Military Sandbox Simulator for mature players :-)

I have played 300 hours since May and this is my first ARMA game ever!

come and join us: Tactical Gaming Community/TG

All the Best
  92. Oct 12, 2013
    arma 3 for me is the best in the series.great graphics better animations huge terain and better still far better optimised than the two arma games before it,sure its lacking content but as with all arma games that will come in time and with the campaign just around the corner plus steam workshop there is so much fun to be had by this game
  93. Sep 18, 2013
    To those who have played previous ARMA games you know what your getting into. But for those who haven't the game is a gritty military simulation and is insanely complex for new players to the series. However the best parts of the beta are when you sit back and look at the amazing world that the devs spent so long creating.

Although the game isn't optimized that well and there are few

Although the game isn't optimized that well and there are few bugs here and there, but these are things that i can overlook as game play is solid and is well worth purchase on steam.
  94. Sep 27, 2013
    I would give a 10, but there is something that annoy me that is when you move your mouse and the car turn it wheels and don´t get back, just if you move your mouse back where it was
  95. Nov 9, 2013
    Fantastic title. Delivers the true Operation Flashpoint experience, and over time it will just grow and grow in terms of both quality and content, just as BIS's previous titles have.
  96. Oct 25, 2013
    Arma 3 is a huge step up from Arma 2, and Arma 2 was a fine game.

Arma 3 is a huge step up from Arma 2, and Arma 2 was a fine game.

The negative reviews focus on lack of content at launch a situation that will undoubtedly improve as BIS release 3 FREE DLCs shortly after release to rectify this. The massive amount of player made content is also ignored in these reviews, with over 1500 player made missions before it had even gone gold, and a community that has been around since 2001's Operation Flashpoint happily churning out new islands, vehicles, weapons, missions and oodles of other content.
    To say that the game is lacking content from an alpha/beta build is like moving into a house before it is completed and complaining about getting wet from rain because you don't have a roof yet.
    The Arma series have always been about player modding, and there will be literally thousands of player mods coming that will transform the game into pretty much anything you desire.
    Consider also that BIS still release patches for Operation Flashpoint, a game from 2001 so dev support is second to none.

My advice is to ignore the naysayers and give it a go it will reward you with a vast sandbox that will never run out of steam.
  97. Sep 27, 2013
    ArmA 3's true potential is nearly sabotaged by its slew of bugs and performance issues. Returning fans can expect the same military sandbox trappings of ArmA 2 but in a near-future setting. Some notable additions make movement less clunky and more intuitive, like the multiple different stances infantry can assume, which allow cover to be negotiated accurately and without exposing yourselfArmA 3's true potential is nearly sabotaged by its slew of bugs and performance issues. Returning fans can expect the same military sandbox trappings of ArmA 2 but in a near-future setting. Some notable additions make movement less clunky and more intuitive, like the multiple different stances infantry can assume, which allow cover to be negotiated accurately and without exposing yourself any more than you need to. The game is lacking a proper campaign at the time of this writing, but user missions provide more than enough content both for single and multiplayer. The greatest problem with the series has always been Bohemia's shoddy workmanship, and this game is no exception. For all its heart and promise, ArmA 3 should only be recommended to fans of military simulation or those with the patience and disposition to get the best out of ambitious games full of technical issues. Expand
  98. Jan 5, 2014
    Game has fantastic graphics, huge detailed terrain, great sound, lighting and soo much more. It is a significant leap forward in the franchise, worth every penny. The campaign was great, vastly improved since arma 2, and it has me waiting for the next one. It improves much in user friendliness and is worth a try if you are new to the series. The game is getting better and better, withGame has fantastic graphics, huge detailed terrain, great sound, lighting and soo much more. It is a significant leap forward in the franchise, worth every penny. The campaign was great, vastly improved since arma 2, and it has me waiting for the next one. It improves much in user friendliness and is worth a try if you are new to the series. The game is getting better and better, with updates that adds content and improves gameplay.

There is some issues with multiplayer, getting low fps and performance. It has been fixed slightly since release, but still needs some work. With the nature of a huge sandbox environment, there are some bugs, most of which has been/currently being fixed.

This is not everyone's game, either you like it or don't. Even though there are blind cod/bf fanboys who gives this game a 0.

Nether the less, BIS needs to be supported, there is very little PC dedicated devs out there.

THIS IS WAR_
  99. Jan 25, 2014
    Gameplay: The engine is a big step up over ArmA 2. Things like the adjustable stances, dynamic fog, physics and underwater terrain add tons of possibilities in the game.
    Setting: This is one of my major problems with the game. Sci-fi and simulation don't mix well. While I know that everything in the game is possible, the fact remains that most vehicles and weapons are pure speculation. The equipment not being used in present day armed forces partly kills the immersion for me. Hopefully ACE mod will fix this.
    SP content: The campaign (so far) is awesome. BI managed to improve the storytelling and the gameplay as well as the realism.
    MP: performance in MP can be horrible, depending on the gametype and server. I don't often find populated servers with interesting gametypes, as there only seem to be 2 popular gametypes on public servers.
  100. Sep 14, 2013
    You see all these little CoD retarded fans rating this military simulation lower than 7, that's funny.

First of all, Arma 3 is as good as expected, the single player campaign will be out in October, so what? while we wait, there will be plenty of single and multiplayer missions and campaigns online and lots of mods, don't have friends? make your own missions or download on armaholic.

I downloaded the mod called DUWS yesterday and it makes Arma III 9.5 out of 10 instead of 9, it's addictive and endless replayability, unlike many other games... most.
    Great graphics, great gameplay, like I said endless replayability and (as an ex-military) awesome sound effects.
    Don't listen to haters (mostly kids) or people with poor computers claiming it's bad optimised, I've played 18 hours already and no lags, no glitches, nothing, just plain old good war simulation as promised by Bohemia Interactive, I repeat this is NOT for CoD fans, so get the hell out of here kiddos and go back on your crappy console, peace!

1. Mar 26, 2014
    There's something about Bohemia's world-building that inspires people. Importantly though, Arma 3's vanilla content now stands on equal footing with those third-party inspirations. It's still a little rough around the edges, but it's a darned impressive package nonetheless.
  2. Nov 22, 2013
    Arma 3 seems to have a lot to offer in terms of multiplayer, but still not so much for the player looking to the single player experience.
  3. Oct 31, 2013
    With Arma 3, Bohemia made a big step towards a unified platform for its military shooters, but at the same time took two steps back in regards to actual game content. Only the most hardcore fans will enjoy Arma 3 in its current form.