7.4

1. Sep 12, 2013
    Best ARMA game to this date. I have been playing these games since Operation Flashpoint (What a wonderfull experience) and I can tell Bohemia will add further support and content to the game in the close future. The game mechanics, the new weapons and equipment is a joy to use (drones etc.). I like the modern day setting and the HUGE map too. The game is moddable, so I will play long hoursBest ARMA game to this date. I have been playing these games since Operation Flashpoint (What a wonderfull experience) and I can tell Bohemia will add further support and content to the game in the close future. The game mechanics, the new weapons and equipment is a joy to use (drones etc.). I like the modern day setting and the HUGE map too. The game is moddable, so I will play long hours with maps... Great game but not for everybody. This is the closest I ever want to be to a war, and this is the most realistic depiction of combat, unless you are really there. Recommended! Expand
  2. Sep 12, 2013
    So many promises, so little content. The features that currently are in the game are great, but there's simply not enough content to keep me playing. Multiplayer in its current state is an unoptimized mess, it used to be better before the last update. The only content that's currently worth playing is fanmade (mods and custom scenarios). This "release" was clearly rushed, why not releaseSo many promises, so little content. The features that currently are in the game are great, but there's simply not enough content to keep me playing. Multiplayer in its current state is an unoptimized mess, it used to be better before the last update. The only content that's currently worth playing is fanmade (mods and custom scenarios). This "release" was clearly rushed, why not release the game when the campaign is done? At least we'll get it as free DLC in three episodic releases. Hopefully. Expand
  3. Sep 12, 2013
    Always loved the ARMA series but the lack of content ruins it for most, Wonderful job on game mechanics but a whole lot of copy and paste. About average compared to other games you could buy for the money.
  4. Sep 12, 2013
    Great gameplay at the base of it all but overall it's still got plenty of bugs, and not a lot of content for you to play. Seemed like every vehicle for each faction was just copy pasted across and given a new camo which seems lazy to me. There is no single player campaign yet either which is disappointing. I feel like they rushed release so that they can start selling the game soonerGreat gameplay at the base of it all but overall it's still got plenty of bugs, and not a lot of content for you to play. Seemed like every vehicle for each faction was just copy pasted across and given a new camo which seems lazy to me. There is no single player campaign yet either which is disappointing. I feel like they rushed release so that they can start selling the game sooner rather than later and it definitely feels like an amazing game lacking a lot of content and polish. Expand
  5. Sep 12, 2013
    Pros:
    Great graphics
    Giant terrain

Cons:
    Lack of content
    Bugs
    Lack of modding tools (available ones are obsolete)
    Lack of proper modding documentation
    Lack of support
  6. Dec 28, 2014
    If you liked Codemaster’s Operation Flashpoint, then you will definitely like ARMA 3. Like Operation Flashpoint, ARMA 3 takes place on an island, and places no limitations on movement. The graphics are far superior to the 14 year old Operation Flashpoint, which is to be expected. The trees, bushes, and grass are very well done, making the game a sniper's dream come true.

The version

The version of ARMA 3 that I downloaded from Steam included a single campaign, that begins in a similar manner as the Operation Flashpoint primary campaign. However, some of the missions apparently were not play tested very well. For example, in one mission you have less than two minutes to find a UAV kit, set-up the UAV, then locate, and eliminate two enemy spotters using the UAV, even though you have no idea where the spotters are located. The location of the UAV and the enemy spotters change randomly every time you replay the mission. That makes the mission challenging, at best. Unplayable, at worst.

ARMA 3 has a much higher learning curve than CoD or Battlefield, and that can frustrate new players. Thankfully, ARMA 3 includes a Virtual Reality testing ground where you can become familiar with the weapons before going on a mission.

I have not played ARMA 3 in multiplayer mode yet, due to the frame rate issues. There are also still issues with bugs, but they are relatively minor. I have not experienced a game crash or a lock-up, but I have no DLC's installed either. I am just reviewing the core game as downloaded from Steam.

Overall, I would rate ARMA 3 a 7/10. Excellent graphics, but playability is difficult, with minor bug issues still to be resolved.
  7. Apr 23, 2014
    Bought this game in alpha as I found Arma 2 to be tons of fun online. Even with all the hackers and other things the amount of realism was too much to pass over. Arma 3 started off a little slow with content and things to do, yet it has been seeing much more support over the last few months. It now has a single player campaign mode and some online support along with tons of steam workshopBought this game in alpha as I found Arma 2 to be tons of fun online. Even with all the hackers and other things the amount of realism was too much to pass over. Arma 3 started off a little slow with content and things to do, yet it has been seeing much more support over the last few months. It now has a single player campaign mode and some online support along with tons of steam workshop mods.

Gameplay: Realism is a keyword here, this game is not your typical fps or third person shooter. It is important to play this game as you would in real life. Bullet damage is high as getting shoot once or twice will put you down. Aim is also difficult as it has recoil and bullet drop so spamming your rifle down range will only end up getting you killed. AI is easy when it comes to single player and will only get the drop on you if your stupid and run into situations with no care in the world. Multiplayer is a blast depending on what mods or if you have friends to play with.

Graphic: Next gen graphic’s as it is top of the line, game runs smoothly on decent rigs and looks amazing on top of the line hardware.

Replay Value: Single player is fairly quick and won't keep you coming back, but multiplayer aspect of this game will keep you busy for as long as people keep busting out content.

Overall this game is a huge win, a must have for military fans and people who enjoy fps/third person games that aren’t your typical styles.
  8. Oct 3, 2013
    Game of the century if only it was optimised and less buggy.Runs poorly on a high spec rig and lacks depth due to the maps being very empty and un-used at this stage.I've had fun on the multiplayer but it doesn't seem to hold my interest for very long.I've been a fan since the old days but the games always seem to have too many problems to quite make them as epic as they should be.I'm gladGame of the century if only it was optimised and less buggy.Runs poorly on a high spec rig and lacks depth due to the maps being very empty and un-used at this stage.I've had fun on the multiplayer but it doesn't seem to hold my interest for very long.I've been a fan since the old days but the games always seem to have too many problems to quite make them as epic as they should be.I'm glad I bought it even if it's just to explore and "hang out" with friends for a bit, but sorry something doesn't quite sit for me.Seems like a great opportunity waiting for the right moment to blossom. Expand
  9. Oct 12, 2013
    Is this a bad game? No far from it, Arma 3 does improve on a lot of things from the previous Arma. The gear interface is much easier to use and the HUD is a lot less clunky than it used to be. The game is a visual treat for a game of it's size but of course it does have it's cons that make me not want to play it. For instance: Where did the large arsenal of vehicles go? The small amount ofIs this a bad game? No far from it, Arma 3 does improve on a lot of things from the previous Arma. The gear interface is much easier to use and the HUD is a lot less clunky than it used to be. The game is a visual treat for a game of it's size but of course it does have it's cons that make me not want to play it. For instance: Where did the large arsenal of vehicles go? The small amount of vehicles in a game so large is a massive blow as variation is key to making a good game. However, the guns in Arma 3 are much more diverse and it does take a bit of use to find your "golden gun." The UAV system is nice, I like it a lot more than the ones in ARMA 2. But the thing I feel that lets this game down is the lack of campaign mode, and that most of the most popular game modes online are mods, which doesn't say much about Bohemia Interactive's skill to make fun game modes. Overall I give this game a 7 because there are some faults still in it that need ironing out but other than that the game is actually pretty cool. Expand
  10. Sep 14, 2013
    Arma 3 is a good game, but the lack of content and some AI ploblems make it feel like a beta version. On the bright side the new things are great. If you liked the series then you should buy this game
  11. Sep 18, 2013
    To those who have played previous ARMA games you know what your getting into. But for those who haven't the game is a gritty military simulation and is insanely complex for new players to the series. However the best parts of the beta are when you sit back and look at the amazing world that the devs spent so long creating.

Although the game isn't optimized that well and there are few

Although the game isn't optimized that well and there are few bugs here and there, but these are things that i can overlook as game play is solid and is well worth purchase on steam.
  12. Sep 27, 2013
    ArmA 3's true potential is nearly sabotaged by its slew of bugs and performance issues. Returning fans can expect the same military sandbox trappings of ArmA 2 but in a near-future setting. Some notable additions make movement less clunky and more intuitive, like the multiple different stances infantry can assume, which allow cover to be negotiated accurately and without exposing yourselfArmA 3's true potential is nearly sabotaged by its slew of bugs and performance issues. Returning fans can expect the same military sandbox trappings of ArmA 2 but in a near-future setting. Some notable additions make movement less clunky and more intuitive, like the multiple different stances infantry can assume, which allow cover to be negotiated accurately and without exposing yourself any more than you need to. The game is lacking a proper campaign at the time of this writing, but user missions provide more than enough content both for single and multiplayer. The greatest problem with the series has always been Bohemia's shoddy workmanship, and this game is no exception. For all its heart and promise, ArmA 3 should only be recommended to fans of military simulation or those with the patience and disposition to get the best out of ambitious games full of technical issues. Expand
  13. Sep 16, 2013
    Great grahics. Endless possibilities. Open sandbox and a great community of mappers modders and mission writers are what make the Arma series great. Arma 3 is a nice step forward. Yes there is still work to be done and major improvements need to be made in both single player and multiplayer performance.

Apparently some people can't read. A failing of our education system perhaps or

Apparently some people can't read. A failing of our education system perhaps or maybe its just chronic onset juvenile attention deficit disorder rearing its ugly head. Arma is not a game you play through and beat X number of times. Additionally they announced that the DLC was coming after the release.

Pros
    Great graphics
    Huge Maps
    Killer weapons
    Great variety of game play
    The best is still coming from the A3 community

Cons
    Bugs and glitches need cleaning up (happens with every game on the market)
    Low FPS on multiplayer
    Game engine needs optimization
    Needs professionally developed game types
    Altis is large flat and needs variety. I miss the mountains and forests

Wait and see list....
    DLC still to come
    I miss the Arma 2 content, maps, weapons and vehicles.
  14. Oct 11, 2013
    Im sad actually, as a big ArmA II player i thought things could only get better. I was wrong. The lack of polish is astonishing, the game has NOT CHANGED SINCE ALPHA! Only new content, but the FPS bug i was so annoyed with stayed the entire way. This is pretty much ArmA 2 with better graphics and less gamemodes. Buy ArmA 2 instead of this waste of money
  15. Sep 13, 2013
    Well, it's playable, but i was expecting much more. Even Arma 2 alone (w/o OA and other DLC) has more content than this one, and its price is 5 times smaller.
    So at least for now if you want to play Arma series, It's better to buy 3 copies of Arma 2 CO and play it with your friends for such price.
  16. Sep 12, 2013
    Arma 3 feels so much like just DLC for Arma 2. It was in development for a long time but is still missing Singleplayer campaing and its content is very thin. Also its not a modern day shooter. It tries to be a simulator of being a soldier but unfortunately that brings some bad things implemented. The only way to move around map is in vehicles, if u dont have any at ur position then u areArma 3 feels so much like just DLC for Arma 2. It was in development for a long time but is still missing Singleplayer campaing and its content is very thin. Also its not a modern day shooter. It tries to be a simulator of being a soldier but unfortunately that brings some bad things implemented. The only way to move around map is in vehicles, if u dont have any at ur position then u are sc*****. Also snipers are a huge pain in the ass. Gameplay is good, graphics improvement is nice too. I dont know what to think about BI promises but right now, i wouldnt recommend it too much. If you are a war simulator fan then buy it, if not, dont buy it. Expand
  17. Apr 26, 2014
    Pros:
    Insanely very very huge terrain
    Great graphics User community produces good downloadable missions Good community mods avaliable Very detailed combat equipments Unique enviroment Very real life combat experiense, its a genuine simulator Cons: Its a incomplete game, lot of resources from Arma II still pending Development are too slow paced Dumb AI Lack of official steam
    Pros:
    Insanely very very huge terrain
    Great graphics
    User community produces good downloadable missions
    Good community mods avaliable
    Very detailed combat equipments
    Unique enviroment
    Very real life combat experiense, its a genuine simulator

Cons:
    Its a incomplete game, lot of resources from Arma II still pending
    Development are too slow paced
    Dumb AI
    Lack of official steam missions and content, the ones there are garbage!
    Some bugs
    High price
    Lack of OFFICIAL servers
  18. Nov 7, 2013
    Is ARMA 3 an improvement over previous installations? Yes, but not in all respects.
    Is ARMA 3 a good game by itself? Partly, because almost 2 months after its release, the game still seems quite lacking in some areas.
    Here´s what I think: Pro: - the game is visually stunning and easily scalable - the open world sandbox environment is very immersive and provides many different

Here´s what I think:

Pro:

- the game is visually stunning and easily scalable
    - the open world sandbox environment is very immersive and provides many different tactical opportunities
    - appealing user generated content doesn´t leave the game too laxcking of any meaningful content
    - controls are much intuitive than in previous installments
    - there´s a lot of future potential

Con:

- the game still crashes a lot
    - the AI is still very much a mixed bag
    - the SP-campaign gameplay often seems very random thanks also to the strange AI behaviour and sometimes strange and unfair mission design
    - in addition, the first campaign DLC is quite short
    - there is very little actual content in the game, especially for SP
    - MP performance is still a problem

I understand perfectly that BI has a long term interest in ARMA 3 and wants to contiunally develop it into a more complete game. up to now they already did a good job in some areas, getting rid of or streamlining certain mechanics, that were unnecesarily complicated, however this means more or less simply "bringing them up to industry standard". It´s not enough to polish the graphics engine, thereby achieve an appealing presentation, streamline controls and make two (very nice) maps. Accordingly the impression that ARMA 3 leaves behind is that of a quite promising and immersive game, but which is simply no even close be finished. It had less catastrophic bugs and glitches at release than its predecessors, but it´s still plagued by crashes and poor performance. At least this should be done right at release so why is it not a beta anymore? MP gameplay makes for a lot of fun, but it´s no excuse for the fact, that the game feels quite empty and without any engageing content, it becomes boring after a while.
  19. Oct 27, 2014
    Medicore. That's all I can write. Final release is still full of bugs. Campaing is very interesting and much bettern than in Arma 2. Interface weird just as it was in Arma 2.
  20. Sep 14, 2013
    Single player in this game works great. Game have interesting concept and great potential comes with it. But here starts the problem... Multiplayer in this game is at least atm. unplayable. Utilises like 1 cpu core, all the rest sits below 40-50%, while FPS drops to hell on all variety of specs, giving players in multiplayer around 10-25fps. (while on single they could run smooth 60fps allSingle player in this game works great. Game have interesting concept and great potential comes with it. But here starts the problem... Multiplayer in this game is at least atm. unplayable. Utilises like 1 cpu core, all the rest sits below 40-50%, while FPS drops to hell on all variety of specs, giving players in multiplayer around 10-25fps. (while on single they could run smooth 60fps all the time on very same rigs) Expand
  21. Sep 15, 2013
    In the beta, this game had a massive amount of potential, but it seems to have lots its way during that time. It is still ridden with bugs, but I imagine they will be polished over time. The content (though there may not be much) seems to lack that 'pizazz' that the second game had. This is still very early on, however, and still has a great potential. I am looking forward to seeing whatIn the beta, this game had a massive amount of potential, but it seems to have lots its way during that time. It is still ridden with bugs, but I imagine they will be polished over time. The content (though there may not be much) seems to lack that 'pizazz' that the second game had. This is still very early on, however, and still has a great potential. I am looking forward to seeing what this game will offer in the future. Expand
  22. Oct 22, 2013
    I'm sick and tired of all the people complaining about the game's looks and sounds. The game looks just fine and in fact, it often looks more realistic than what you would get in the commercial AAA shooters. The sounds were never its strong suit, and mods were made in Arma 2 and Arrowhead for that purpose.

While the mechanics of this game are exactly the same as A2/OA plus some *minor* enhancements, the game is an actual disappointment to the people who actually liked their game almost obsessively complicated in terms of vehicles, weapons and equipment. None of the vehicles exist in real life, other than the KA-60, the Littlebird and the stealth-plated Blackhawk. The Iranian gunship is the nose of a Havoc mixed with...what a V-tail? What the hell, even.

None of the weapons have their actual names, and while I understand this is probably due to copyrighting, they could have just used the military designations.

The single player DLC thing is an unfortunate thing, but if you buy this game for the campaign, you might as well go play Day Z. Another reason why a lot of people seems to be scoring this game too low. Because now, 80% of all "Arma" players, only played Day Z and don't care for the real game. Idiots.
  23. Sep 18, 2013
    Having alot of experience with the Arma series since it was called Operation Flashpoint and made by Codemasters, what follows is my super condensed review:

Pros: Improved player movement Physx engine including ragdolls Improved vehicle handling Improved graphics Improved sound effects (Good, but not epic. Definitely better than previous installments) Nice break away from standard

Pros:
    Improved player movement
    Physx engine including ragdolls
    Improved vehicle handling
    Improved graphics
    Nice break away from standard US vs Russia factions
    New map of Altis, an improvement over Chernarus (Many areas are flat but the cities/towns feel much more handcrafted and real compared to chernarus which felt like you were traveling in 1970's soviet russia)

Cons:
    Limited and random fake vehicles (Only jet fighter is a modified training jet)
    Continuous performance issues from previous arma
    Outdated file system
    Editor has no improvements; anything complex or interesting requires much custom scripting which means hours of sifting through forums trying to find the right code
    Texture/model pop-ins everywhere at all times just like all previous armas

No single player campaign really is not a big deal. No one really plays arma for the single player. It's all about the m-play.
  24. Sep 17, 2013
    What I found with ArmA 3 is a game full of untap potential, but riddle with bugs, an un-optimized gfx engine, and poor net code. Don't get me wrong there is some fun to be had but I feel that the game is under developed. I can only hope that they will do a better job of patching the game then they did for ArmA 2.
  25. Sep 17, 2013
    Hooray... another giant, beautifully rendered wasteland.

Cities are empty. Houses are empty. Terrain is empty. But it's full of all the classic ARMA glitches. This game will be great in about a year and by then it'll be 40 bucks cheaper and be what it should've been at release. I promised myself I'd stop falling for this but, unfortunately I'm stupid and can't control my impulses.
    Hooray... another giant, beautifully rendered wasteland.

Save yourself the same fate and have some patience.
  26. May 16, 2014
    Pros graphics are sick! Cons I gave up on the game in the tutorial stage because the controls and game play are to complex and foreign to what all other game developers use.
  27. Dec 17, 2014
    I pre-ordered this game, and I really wish I hadn't of. The game has a very promising engine, and it is obvious this is where BI spent most of its man-hours. However good the engine is, I cannot get over the COMPLETE lack of content that the game shipped with at launch (something that hasn't been much improved since I wrote this review). THE GAME HAS NO CONTENT. It barely has a tenth of aI pre-ordered this game, and I really wish I hadn't of. The game has a very promising engine, and it is obvious this is where BI spent most of its man-hours. However good the engine is, I cannot get over the COMPLETE lack of content that the game shipped with at launch (something that hasn't been much improved since I wrote this review). THE GAME HAS NO CONTENT. It barely has a tenth of a story. I was shocked at how short it was. What angered me the most was the lack of guns, vehicles, and other user-interactable content. The game shipped with 3 assault rifles, 2 lmgs, 2 pistols, and 1 sniper rifle. WTF. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!! Arma 2 provides so much more game-play value, even with its dilapidated engine. Arma 3 feels like an Alpha. The ARMA community deserves so much better than this. The game's sole saving grace is its modding community, who will surely make interesting and fun mods to offset the lack of originally developed content. Also, I was going to give this game a 6/10, but BI added more insult to injury by releasing a DLC helicopter expansion pack as a $16 download. $16!!!!! THEY ARE CHARGING $16 EXTRA FOR CONTENT THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN INCLUDED AT LAUNCH. Very shameful. 5/10

Most of the value in this game is in its map editor.

Pros:
    Good engine
    Good graphics
    Great modding potential

Cons:
    NO CONTENT
    Little to no campaign
    BS $16 helicopter DLC
    AI still pretty meh (not as bad as ARMA 2 though)
  28. Oct 26, 2014
    While I got amazed with the OP, ArmA, ArmA 2 series, and how it evolved in terms of possibilities, graphics, game engine, I must say I'm pretty deceived with the fourth chapter of these series.

Don't get me wrong. I still enjoy the game though. But I feel like a tendancy to simplify it and getting it closer to console games. On previous games, If you could grab a vehicle from your

On previous games, If you could grab a vehicle from your enemy, would allow you to use it. Now you find yourself with such restrictions, that you feel too much you are being told what to do to carry on your mission. And that is one of the points to me that brings the game a step backward.

Where's the ACE Team ??? I'm still waiting to get a ACE 3 for ArmA 3...
    And the Steam workshop mods aren't rivalling at all with ACE's addons.

I'm very scared the developpers have taken a complete turn towards console gaming, than to carry on with it's sofisticated most valued game.

Money money money....

At the moment, I'm starting to more often open ArmA 2 again, to enjoy what ArmA 3 doesn't give me in terms of pleasure, thrill, and freedom of action.
  29. Oct 6, 2013
    Would not recommend this game. Broken AI, Physics problems, graphical glitches and very limited content make this game, in my opinion, a series ending killer. Bohemia Interactive obviously rushed to develop this game and have left the play with a broken, frustrating gaming experience. Avoid this one.
  30. Nov 15, 2013
    I'm glad to see that ArmA 3 improves on some things over previous titles enhanced graphics, new much better inventory and equipment system, new vanilla scripts for the editor and etc. while having some sort of reverse compatibility that allows to port content from previous games without much trouble but that's just not enough for the game to be solidly good. On the cons side poorI'm glad to see that ArmA 3 improves on some things over previous titles enhanced graphics, new much better inventory and equipment system, new vanilla scripts for the editor and etc. while having some sort of reverse compatibility that allows to port content from previous games without much trouble but that's just not enough for the game to be solidly good. On the cons side poor performance: the BIS engine is as always spoiled by its age and programming by code monkeys. Another thing that baffles me is the setting now instead of something based on real life with some minor changes like names (which always attributed to the feeling that you're doing something real) we have COD-esque pulp fiction style setting with most immature and improper equipment selection ever. If you can't do something well, just don't do it at all. I really hope that new patches and community content will improve these problems, but so far 6.0 is my highest score for this game. Expand
  31. Sep 15, 2013
    this is no longer a milsim. if you want a milsim go buy battlefield 2 and DL Project Reality. im so disappointed in this game... even shack tactical wont touch this garbage. dont get me wrong you can have very fun moments, but its lack of an arsenal (especially a realistic arsenal... really? the ACR is the weapon platform of the future? nobody buys them anymore because they suck balls! whythis is no longer a milsim. if you want a milsim go buy battlefield 2 and DL Project Reality. im so disappointed in this game... even shack tactical wont touch this garbage. dont get me wrong you can have very fun moments, but its lack of an arsenal (especially a realistic arsenal... really? the ACR is the weapon platform of the future? nobody buys them anymore because they suck balls! why wont people face the fact that like the AK, and the m16/m4/AR platform is not going away? and why no AK's?!?!?!?! whats the point of having all this potential and not giving us any toys to play with?) and realistic physics (or at least visual physics in regards to weapon recoil and the likes) that turned me away. its like they made a pretty base game and are hoping the modders will make it playable... maybe wait a couple of months... but for now im very sad at this wasted potential. Expand
  32. Nov 11, 2013
    Its a great game BUT battleye sucks! I got Globally banned for no reason, the graphics and gameplay are amazing but battleye is the worst anti hack in game creation, user made ones are better
  33. Sep 22, 2014
    Anything cool they could have done was scrapped. We're left with something halfway into the "future" and halfway stuck in ARMA II because people just can't suspend disbelief. Decent with mods, not very good on its own.
  34. May 11, 2014
    The game really dissapoints me.
    Not even to mention the lack of vehiecles and the massive FPS drops on non Next Gen PCs. The lag on Arma 2 was acceptable but this game beats everything.
    The maps are huge and well made, the 'Zeus' and the 'Altis Life' mods are verry cool but it depends on the community. For those who dont know what ZEUS is: Zeus is a Gamemode that has been put into
    The game really dissapoints me.

For those who dont know what ZEUS is:
    Zeus is a Gamemode that has been put into Arma 3 for players to have a dynamic and custom playing experience. No mission is the same, since the Game Master (Zeus, controlled by a player) generates the missions. Practically Zeus is a live Game Editor with players inside it that play your missions/Szenarios

Altis Life is fun to, but since Hosters like "Nitrado" and others provide these servers with small prices and payment methodes everyone can use, Arma is flooded by Servers full of, well I would call them "Douches". For those who already know what Altis life is you will probably know what I am talking about. The most Altis life Servers employ 6-8 year old Whitelisted Cops and dont really care about the players, all they want is Donations and all of your money!

Enough about these two Gamemodes. Lets talk about the other Gamemodes. Well.... They are fun, but then the Arma 3 logic ruins everything. (Here I ran out of critic)

What I personally dislike about this game is the lack of cars and content. In Arma 2 your were trashed with cars and in Arma 3 you wish that you would have as much cars as in Arma 2.

Not sure what Bohemia Interactive has done with this game but I dont get it...
    In my opinion I think the game mechanics are broken. IR-Flares to distract guided rockets dont bring anything, they hit you anyways, whatever you'll do.
  35. May 17, 2014
    Played this game for free on Steam weekend, but even for free it's not good enough.

The game's biggest problem are the controls. They are horribly over-complicated, with key combinations and mod keys required for simple actions like changing weapons and sights. They should have stuck to what works in other games. I don't want to remap 50 keys to make the game playable or get used to a completely different (and worse) setup.

The inventory screen is also pretty bad. There's no option to change vests and keep the items. You manually have to re-equip all items on the vest. I also couldn't figure out how to combine mags, if it's even possible. The crosshair jumps to targets by itself, sometimes half a screen away, which is confusing as hell.

The highly praised graphics engine is only average. Some nice high-resolution textures for the soldiers, but lots of texture pop in everywhere which is extremely annoying. The shadows have way too sharp edges.

Too many things just don't feel right in Arma 3. I'd really like a good tactical FPS with big maps, but this isn't it.
  36. Oct 21, 2014
    This game is so average it hurts. It is basically an "open world" Call of Duty... Wow! So innovative (not). The "story" is a piece of crap and the gameplay is tired and repetitive. But the good things about this game is the amount of vehicles, guns, and its amazing graphics. Would only recommend to Call of Duty fans.
  37. Feb 5, 2015
    Oh Bohemia, how I hate and love thee!

The problems with them lie waay up the management/owner chain. They simply don't listen to the community and even their own devs (see Dean Hall). Hell they're the only game in town baby! lump it or leave it! Instead of listening and making changes (or an actual game) they just open up EVERYTHING, meaning the game isn't even an FPS really as
    Oh Bohemia, how I hate and love thee!

Hell they're the only game in town baby! lump it or leave it!

Instead of listening and making changes (or an actual game) they just open up EVERYTHING, meaning the game isn't even an FPS really as much as a milsim modding tool/sandbox. The community in all its loyalty - is a bunch is whining tossers - so Bohemia just throws its hands in the air and sez: **** it, just make it 3rd person AND 1st person, that'll make em shut up...

So like DayZ its an unfocused mess that tries to be a 3rd person and 1st person game like skyrim instead of a milsim. In turn, that ****s up the AI both singleplayer AND online play (hard), they use 3rd person as a crutch for faults in the AI, sound system and (still) clunky movement systems. They still haven't figured out basic cover mechanics for enemy AI and urban/building warfare strictly out of the question for AI, is this ****ing 1997?!

Give it another year and the community will add wind, radios, better maps, AI (basically they will fix the game by 2017)... or Boho will prolly kick some money off the DayZ pile to another couple of talented modders and crush their dreams too. The milsim set are a loyal but ultimately fickle bunch and will jump ship to any better spec'd milsim should one become available. That 'Realtime Interactive' thing looked promising....
  38. Oct 24, 2014
    I am trying hard to like this game and that is the mean problem! we shouldn't be trying, the game has to be good enough to be liked for someone who has spent most of his time playing FPS, it isn't realistic in its whole meaning, most of the time it is just complicated and please don't confuse it with difficult, I like difficult games I like things that challenge my skills, but when you aimI am trying hard to like this game and that is the mean problem! we shouldn't be trying, the game has to be good enough to be liked for someone who has spent most of his time playing FPS, it isn't realistic in its whole meaning, most of the time it is just complicated and please don't confuse it with difficult, I like difficult games I like things that challenge my skills, but when you aim with a weapon here it feels like the cross sight is surrender by a magnetic feel that makes it move in circles around your target, and also it is really hard to spot a target here, when in real life you can spot one person far away even if that person is crouched, anyone who have shoot a target far away in real life will have the same feeling I think. It is a good game I am not thinking other way but for a war fight simulator the rule "as more complicated for you to use your equipment is the best" doesn't sound like a good idea. Expand

1. Mar 26, 2014
    There's something about Bohemia's world-building that inspires people. Importantly though, Arma 3's vanilla content now stands on equal footing with those third-party inspirations. It's still a little rough around the edges, but it's a darned impressive package nonetheless.
  2. Nov 22, 2013
    Arma 3 seems to have a lot to offer in terms of multiplayer, but still not so much for the player looking to the single player experience.
  3. Oct 31, 2013
    With Arma 3, Bohemia made a big step towards a unified platform for its military shooters, but at the same time took two steps back in regards to actual game content. Only the most hardcore fans will enjoy Arma 3 in its current form.