7.4

1. Jun 18, 2015
    Sorry, no points from me, even though I am a huge fan since Operation Flashpoint and have built many missions for the community..
    The problems with this game:
    1) Plays in the future. Nope Sorry, doesnt work. People who like this franchise want real military weapons and vehicles. Not some fantasy crap. 2) Controls. They have essentially become CoD-like. Its a twitch shooter now, not a
    The problems with this game:
    2) Controls. They have essentially become CoD-like. Its a twitch shooter now, not a military simulator. In ArmA 2 you couldnt turn 180 degrees with an MG in your hand as if you have nothing on you at all. Here you can play like youre playing Unreal Tournament.
    3) Animations. Horrible. Just horrible. ArmA 2 also had many bad animations, but here they didnt even get generic movement animations right. It just looks horrible, something I actually hated to showcase to my friends, since it looks so badly made.
    4) Lack of content. When ArmA 2 was as old as ArmA 3 is now, it had already its first expansion and several very nice DLCs and the original game came with MUCH more content too. Especially vehicles and weapons, different infantry, buildings, maps, etc. The huge content made many different mods possible. ArmA 3 content isnt even enough to have a proper Warfare mod. People still play it in ArmA 2 instead because of that.
    5) Performance. ArmA 2 didnt have good performance either, but not nearly as bad as ArmA 3. ArmA 2 was very playable with proper hardware, ArmA 3 is not even with the highest high end.
    6) Bugs. Yeah well... This game was released in alpha status and they promised that would help get bugs fixed much quicker. Nope. It didnt. Its buggier than ArmA 2 ever was and fixes are extremely slow. ArmA 2 was very playable 2 years after release. ArmA 3 still feels like an alpha version, and not only because of the bugs.

I have high hopes ArmA 4 will return to the roots and not be some CoD wannabe.
  2. May 7, 2015
    Arma 3 still has all the same problems Operation Flashpoint had over a decade back: jerky animations/movement, stupid AI, unreliable interaction menu, crazy LOD popping, poor optimization and if that wasn't enough there is no proper next/current gen hardware support. If you consider they worked 14 years on the series (including OFP) and haven't ironed out these major flaws in their ownArma 3 still has all the same problems Operation Flashpoint had over a decade back: jerky animations/movement, stupid AI, unreliable interaction menu, crazy LOD popping, poor optimization and if that wasn't enough there is no proper next/current gen hardware support. If you consider they worked 14 years on the series (including OFP) and haven't ironed out these major flaws in their own engine it's just ridiculous.
    The modding community already did a great deal of improvements (including porting almost all previous content) but with such a bad framework to work on there is only so much they can do.

If you're REALLY into military simulations and can double the minimum system requirements you may want to check it out but you'll get the most out of it by finding a mil-sim community.
    If you want something more casual don't think about getting this game. The overall poor quality isn't worth it.
  3. Apr 17, 2015
    Very good game but the bugs destroy it so much its so **** annoying when you get kicked off without giving any reasons also its hard to find some help this **** game is no full version its pre Alpha
  4. Apr 14, 2015
    A bad PC game made by a company ran by greed. Horrible optimization for PC, very low frames (even on the absolute lowest settings). I even watched my friend play this, who has two GTX 980s, and it still ran like crap there as well. Not only the game itself is bad, but the DLC makes it so much worse. $16 for two helicopters, that you will most likely not fly. Unless you join teamspeak orA bad PC game made by a company ran by greed. Horrible optimization for PC, very low frames (even on the absolute lowest settings). I even watched my friend play this, who has two GTX 980s, and it still ran like crap there as well. Not only the game itself is bad, but the DLC makes it so much worse. $16 for two helicopters, that you will most likely not fly. Unless you join teamspeak or buy some kind of ranks. Next is the $16 DLC for 7 weapons that you will probably not even use. One of the worst things is that it is a walking simulator, just like dayz. Unless you get there flying a helicopter to your destination without being banned, its going to be a long walk. The longest I have walked in the game was close to 30 minutes straight. The best part!!! When I was very close, the objective ended and a new one opened up on the other side of the map. Great game......at least my soldier can get some exercise walking many miles. Expand
  5. Apr 6, 2015
    Don't even bother with it unless you have an ultra high-end PC. Be it sheer graphical request or lack of optimization, this game eats PCs for breakfast.

Running an AMD 8150 CPU and 290X GPU, I was getting -maybe- 10-20 FPS with all the settings on their lowest in multiplayer. It just cannot happen and be enjoyable. Single player is lack luster as the game was clearly designed with a

Single player is lack luster as the game was clearly designed with a baseline training bit that tells you how to aim your weapon (and good god there are -so many ways- to aim your gun) but beyond that you're pretty much left to figure it all out through trial and error elsewhere.

Without a demo or a benchmark, it's a $60 HDD filler unless you're running some quad-SLI/crossfire **** that will certainly run it. Otherwise, you might as well hold off because Steam won't refund the money and your PC likely won't be able to run it comfortably. I want to enjoy it but simply can't with those kinds of framerates.
  6. Feb 13, 2015
    I feel that in order for me to actually be able to review this game, the game would have to be able to run on my system (8 gigs G.Skill Ripjaw, 1090T Black edition processor, AMD 7890 VGU.) For those of you unfamiliar with computers, these are all upper-mid end parts. However, the game does not run. The game was a piece of junk at launch and has not improved in the least bit since then. II feel that in order for me to actually be able to review this game, the game would have to be able to run on my system (8 gigs G.Skill Ripjaw, 1090T Black edition processor, AMD 7890 VGU.) For those of you unfamiliar with computers, these are all upper-mid end parts. However, the game does not run. The game was a piece of junk at launch and has not improved in the least bit since then. I am able to get ~10 fps during gunfights making me a ridiculously easy target. Driving a vehicle? forget about it. ~5fps in a city with more than 5 other players in it. Flying a vehicle? Haven't even bothered to give it a try. This is coming from a computer that can run Counter Strike Global Offensive at around 250 frames consistently.

I will never buy another Bohemia game again, and I hope that anyone with an AMD CPU reading this does more research than I did before buying this game. What a waste of money.
  7. Jan 18, 2015
    January 2015 - several patches later:

I've played this game 8+ hours now, both the single player and the multi-player, here're my thoughts: - the game is unpolished and suffers from poor User Experience when it comes to menus, communications, orientation and much more. Basically finding a relevant game is difficult to get started, and many of the locally hosted servers have missing
    January 2015 - several patches later:

- the game is unpolished and suffers from poor User Experience when it comes to menus, communications, orientation and much more. Basically finding a relevant game is difficult to get started, and many of the locally hosted servers have missing files compared to my installed vanilla version.
    - the game is buggy when it comes to playing in a squad with the AI. The AI is INCREDIBLY stupid and basically you can forget playing coop with a friend, because the supporting team is so stupid that eventually it ruins the entire experience.
    - The reason I give it 3 out of 10, instead of 1 out of 10 - is because the single player campaign works and is enjoyable. But, it is VERY short and replay value is zero here.

Overall:
    The game was released a year before it ever should have, and the basic interaction with menus, getting into multiplayer, the frame rate from big servers and much much more should block you from playing this game.

A massive disappointment because it looks great, the sandbox concept is great - but unforgivable that the in-game mechanics fail so hard that it puts a block between you and the play-ability.
  8. Dec 4, 2014
    I can understand why sometimes there are crappy console ports. But when a game is a PC exclusive, i expect good performance. You will not get good performance in this game.
    I was a huge fan of Arma 2, loved the multiplayer, the maps, the scenarios, not so much the campaigns but i felt the game was meant for its multiplayer. I was decently hyped for this game, and it did not at all live up to my expectations. Mediocre graphics, horrible performance, poor controls, poor single player, decent multiplayer this game is easily a step down from its predecessor. You want a great Military Simulation game? Well Arma 2 is there, and it even has a fantastic zombie survival mod, DayZ, and countless other great mods that come free with it.
  9. Jul 27, 2014
    Absolutely laughable optimization. The game is a joke. There are mil sims games made in 2004 with way better optimization and tons of features A3 simply doesn't have. You can't even knife someone. The problem is, the developers are only in it for the money it seems...they say, we're working on it, but no one stops and admits, the engine the gane is sitting on is 1o **** years old andAbsolutely laughable optimization. The game is a joke. There are mil sims games made in 2004 with way better optimization and tons of features A3 simply doesn't have. You can't even knife someone. The problem is, the developers are only in it for the money it seems...they say, we're working on it, but no one stops and admits, the engine the gane is sitting on is 1o **** years old and simply can't be better optimized without completely removing and upgrading to a new engine for the Arma serious. Some have said this can't be done, but DayZ just announced they're doing just that. Tossing the old engine for a fresh new shiny engine. So if DayZ can do it, way can BI? Joint Operations from Novalogic released in 2004 is a far superior game in nearly every single aspect except graphics. Just after the game was released, the dev team focused solely on optimizing the game and did a great job of it. This is why I say A3 is just laughable. I am done supporting this incompetent excuse for a game company and watch them laugh and sip coffee while their game runs like ****
    Also, they just released an "add-on" which should have just been free, but they sell it for 2 or 3 dollars and claim they sold over 1 million copies, this would give the impression that theres a new fresh injection of cash in the dev coffers for optimizing the game, no? They release an update recently 1.24 I believe and it's actually made the game worse. BI is a joke, I have zero respect for them as a game company.
  10. Jul 21, 2014
    Trust the negative reviews, folks. Have a look at the profiles of the 10/10 reviewers and you'll see that the majority of them are fresh accounts. So either they're total nubs, or worse...
  11. Jun 9, 2014
    I'm fine, thanks. And you? Как дела? (Kak dela?) - inf
    Как ваши дела? (Kak vaši dela?) - frm
    Как поживаешь? (Kak požyivaješ?) - inf Как поживаете? (Kak požyvajete?) - frm Спасибо, хорошо. А у вас? (Spasibo, horošo. A u vas?) -frm Спасибо, хорошо. А вы? (Spasibo, horošo. A vy?) - frm Спасибо, хорошо. А ты? (Spasibo, horošo. A ty?) - inf Long time no see Сколько лет, сколько зим!
    I'm fine, thanks. And you? Как дела? (Kak dela?) - inf
    Как ваши дела? (Kak vaši dela?) - frm
    Как поживаешь? (Kak požyivaješ?) - inf
    Как поживаете? (Kak požyvajete?) - frm
    Спасибо, хорошо. А у вас?
    (Spasibo, horošo. A u vas?) -frm
    Спасибо, хорошо. А вы?
    (Spasibo, horošo. A vy?) - frm
    Спасибо, хорошо. А ты?
    (Spasibo, horošo. A ty?) - inf
    Long time no see Сколько лет, сколько зим! (Skol'ko let, s
  12. Apr 27, 2014
    Giving this a zero because this buggy game does not deserve the average 7.2 user score.
    In reality, a 3 or 4/10 would work.
    Why? - 25 fps average on the newest and greatest hardware (everybody complains about FPS on this unoptimised Arma enginge) - Your guy gets tired within 3 seconds of aiming - DESYNC. Cars and people constantly flying across the map - Sound of engines will not
    In reality, a 3 or 4/10 would work.

Why?
    - Your guy gets tired within 3 seconds of aiming
    - DESYNC. Cars and people constantly flying across the map
    - Sound of engines will not go away until you exit the server some times.
    -I am good at every FPS and this game has the most awkward shooting mechanics and even when you do hit your target they don't count half of the time. This game makes Battlefield 4 "net code" look like a work of art.

tl;dr

This game is only good when you have friends to play with and if there's a USER MADE mod that you like. I didn't spend this much money on my computer to deal with horrible optimization and bugs that have been in the game since Alpha and Arma 2.
  13. Apr 13, 2014
    Pros:
    I like the graphics. The environment is nicely done with weather, clouds, vehicles, planes, animals and sounds.
    The voice acting in the campaign. Neg: So called AI. If I shoot an AI from far away with suppressor, or let a bomb off, the AI in the vicinity knows exactly where I am. Some shot right away in my direction. If I wouldn't have dialed down the accuracy, I died
    Pros:
    The voice acting in the campaign.

Neg:
    So called AI. If I shoot an AI from far away with suppressor, or let a bomb off, the AI in the vicinity knows exactly where I am. Some shot right away in my direction. If I wouldn't have dialed down the accuracy, I died instantly. It renders bushes, smoke and other sorts of cover useless, it's only eye candy. I realized they don't see behind bushes, houses hills. They just know your position. When I retreat hidden, there are many ways where I possible went, but AI knows exactly where I went.

On the other hand, sometimes you can shoot an AI next to another and there is absolutely no reaction.
    I miss an AI that behaves convincingly. To me, the AI in single player mode makes the game a deal breaker. It was just not fun.

I never felt the need to help the people of the Islands. The towns have less life in them than the fake towns in the US for atomic tests.

The use of tanks as a commander was easier in OFP. Tanks get stuck in trenches. Have problems climbing hills.
  14. Apr 9, 2014
    I always played the Arma games for the campaign and creating my own scenarios, with the odd mod. It seems Arma III is a poorly made game with a terrible campaign that its only use is with online mods.

Terrible game, bought at Alpha thinking it would improve, its now 2014 and the game is still looks and feels like its in development.
  15. Mar 21, 2014
    Recently I bought the game ARMA 3 in order to play online with my little brother while I am deployed. I spent $65.00 on the game, and played it for about a week. On March 14 2014 I tried to log into a server to play with my brother to find out the anti cheat engine battleye had given me a global ban. I tried to contact battleye to get the issue resolved, and got a response stating they doRecently I bought the game ARMA 3 in order to play online with my little brother while I am deployed. I spent $65.00 on the game, and played it for about a week. On March 14 2014 I tried to log into a server to play with my brother to find out the anti cheat engine battleye had given me a global ban. I tried to contact battleye to get the issue resolved, and got a response stating they do not unban anyone, and that I would have to buy a new copy of the game on a new STEAM account in order to play. I found this very frustrating as I just got done spending $65.00 on the game, and did nothing at all that could even be considered cheating. I then contacted the customer support at Bohemia Interactive. The representative told me to contact battleye, that Bohemia Interactive had no say in the matter. I tried to recontact battleye and got no response so I emailed the representative at BI back. I asked for their assistance in getting this issue resolved and again explained the situation they stated that they did not care, and this was not on them because I could still play the single player version of the game.

I have recently been in contact with many players (currently 32 players exactly) who claim to have the same exact issue with the game. This appears to be a well thought out ploy of toss the problem back and forth to get more money out of the game. One of the players I have spoken with online and over the phone has stated he purchased multiple copies of the game, and recorded multiplayer game play to the point he would get banned for nothing. He contacted battleye and after ignoring him for a month they responded that their product will never ban a player that is not cheating, and the issue is now locked so no further emails from his email address will be replied to.

Buyers look out for this ARMA 3 is a very fun game to play, I wont get on here to say not to buy it just know what to expect if you are caught in the same trap. Currently I have taken the following actions against BI

Contact STEAM file a report
    Contact my bank file a complaint of fraud
    Contact MasterCard file a complaint and request a chargeback
    Contact the BBB file a report
    Contact econsumer.gov file a report

I would suggest anyone caught in this trap to do the same. Also keep BI in the loop each step of the way, just because their actions are unprofessional does not mean unprofessional attempts to make this right will work.
  16. Mar 8, 2014
    Let's be fair, the game is still (one year since the first alpha release) in early development, much like an alpha, the irony, it stutters constantly, bad CPU/GPU-utilization for the majority of AMD/Nvidia GPU:s and AMD/Intel CPU:s, few weapons, vehicles, low-res vegetation, textures, poor physics (no recoil for armored vehicles or rifles, but most important the lack of suspension forLet's be fair, the game is still (one year since the first alpha release) in early development, much like an alpha, the irony, it stutters constantly, bad CPU/GPU-utilization for the majority of AMD/Nvidia GPU:s and AMD/Intel CPU:s, few weapons, vehicles, low-res vegetation, textures, poor physics (no recoil for armored vehicles or rifles, but most important the lack of suspension for light vehicles) and to why anyone would pay full price for this early build, remains a mystery, if you need to play ARMA, you're better of with ARMA 2. Expand
  17. Feb 25, 2014
    TL;DR: This is alpha quality work at a final version price. BIS maintains that this game is like "fine wine" that "ages well" when actually it's more like cheap wine that you need to take home and mix with fruit juice and a pound of sugar to be in any way drinkable. Arma 3 is yet another great concept that in practice is totally undermined and destroyed by what is either laziness orTL;DR: This is alpha quality work at a final version price. BIS maintains that this game is like "fine wine" that "ages well" when actually it's more like cheap wine that you need to take home and mix with fruit juice and a pound of sugar to be in any way drinkable. Arma 3 is yet another great concept that in practice is totally undermined and destroyed by what is either laziness or incompetence from the developers. Wait a year from now. Maybe the modders will fix this lazy incompetent mess and Arma 3 will be a playable game like Arma 2. Until then, just play Arma 2

A lot of people lead reviews by saying this game "has potential"... which is a really polite way of admitting that, right now, it absolutely sucks. It also does not reflect well on the game or on segments of its fanbase that well-deserved criticism is met with accusations of being a "Call of Duty" fan or a console kiddy or other supposed slurs on the critic's intelligence. I've been playing this series since Flashpoint and y'know, it's always been bug-ridden, poorly implemented, and heavily dependent on its modders to even be playable- BUT the series has been just good enough to be worth the aggravation and massive time-sink necessary to make it work... until now.

The AI is horrible. For a game that involves realism in combat, where damage is more realistic and is dependent on squad tactics, the AI NEEDS to be competent if not excellent. Instead, the AI is incapable of navigating the terrain without getting stuck, incapable of responding effectively to fire and totally lost inside of buildings - no, literally, lost inside. God help you if your AI decides to use a grenade because he'll just kill himself.

The "Action menu" is STILL in the game and has been combined with environmental add actions that are even worse than in previous games. Face a door and click the action menu key... now watch as you transition to your handgun instead of opening the door because the action triggers are inconsistently placed by an incompetent dev team. This has been a major problem since OFP and it's actually worse now.

You will lose many many many games, not because you made a mistake or were unlucky, or for legit gameplay reasons, but because the AI is totally- and I mean totally- incapable of doing what the game *depends* on it to do.

The devs have taken to claiming ARMA 3 is a "toolbox" (when they're not insisting it's a game not a simulation- or conversely, that it's actually a simulation not a game- what they call their game depends on which set of their errors you're pointing out) in defense of it lacking a campaign. Fine. But what you get for "tools" is laughable- there's a handful of armor, vehicles and equipment, but it's basically just re-skinned copy-and-pastes between factions. Basically everyone shares assets with superficial cammo differences.

Did you think ARMA 2 had bad optimization? Well, the dev team topped itself with ARMA 3 being even clunkier, slower and more bloated. Seriously, everything about this game/simulation when it comes to optimization looks like a rough draft of code rather than a finished product. It will slam even high-end machines to a halt because of poor usage routines, bad scripting, and other lazy shortcuts.

What about mods? Well the modding community is a brilliant one, we've got some really really good people who really should get credit for making ARMA remotely popular (or playable). But BIS is depending on modders, not to expand the game, but basically to make the game WORK. No matter how good the mod team is, it's still less efficient and effective to try to fix a broken AI with an addon as opposed to fixing the core code. BIS is content to be lazy and coast on its unpaid modders, but there's only a handful of people who work on AI/game core issues (a lot work on maps and missions, but core realism/errors are another matter) and they seem pretty tired of doing this stuff. It's also a pretty sh*t thing for BIS to do, to release a full priced game with barely any content, crappy optimization, an outdated engine and terrible AI- but then expect the modders to bail them out of trouble. Well... maybe it ain't gonna happen this time. Hell, maybe they can't pull it off this time, even if they want to.
  18. Feb 18, 2014
    This game could have been great, but the engine is horrible and does not utilize the GPU as it should, i have an i7 2600, 12gb ram and a gtx 780 and i get 20-30 fps no matter if im at absolute lowest settings possible or the highest possible. The only reason this game is even geting a 1 from me is cause of some of the great mods. I would not recomend anyone supporting this company with anyThis game could have been great, but the engine is horrible and does not utilize the GPU as it should, i have an i7 2600, 12gb ram and a gtx 780 and i get 20-30 fps no matter if im at absolute lowest settings possible or the highest possible. The only reason this game is even geting a 1 from me is cause of some of the great mods. I would not recomend anyone supporting this company with any money cause they keep releaseing games with this subpar engine that belongs in the 1990´s and not 2014. Expand
  19. Feb 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game isn't terribly bad, but it's not great. It's not worth 60 dollars in my opinion. There is a lacking of physics to the game, even if they added rag dolling, it's just stale. Some of the sounds aren't great either. The ACP.45 sounds like a gust of air followed by a firecracker. It's not well optimized either, and IT'S A PC ONLY PORT. I have a 770 GTX, a this-gen GPU that can run BF4 54-60 FPS ultra. It can't handle ultra one bit. I get 30 FPS on average on ultra, and always 30 FPS in vehicles regardless of graphics settings. Some elements aren't even realistic to this 'realistic' shooter. They ignored dual-render scopes, and the PIP is very laggy, even on ultra. My final statement [spoiler] it sucks ass for its price. [/spoiler] Expand
  20. Jan 21, 2014
    Worst game I've ever played. Bare bones in terms of content. The campaign is utterly stupid. Super marksman enemy AI from the first Arma game is back. Perfoms like crap. Campaign missions are awful. Worst game in the entire series not worth the price of 59.99 not even worth the price of the early alpha that I paid for if I could get a refund for this garbage I would. This is the last ArmaWorst game I've ever played. Bare bones in terms of content. The campaign is utterly stupid. Super marksman enemy AI from the first Arma game is back. Perfoms like crap. Campaign missions are awful. Worst game in the entire series not worth the price of 59.99 not even worth the price of the early alpha that I paid for if I could get a refund for this garbage I would. This is the last Arma game and the last game from BIS I will ever purchase. Expand
  21. Jan 14, 2014
    ArmA III is, unfortuntely, a failed experiment to launch the franchise in a new bold direction. Perhaps calling it a failed experiment is too harsh, but what do you call it when a bunch of hardcore arma vets (myself and my clan) who loved the arma franchise, stop playing it and go back to ArmA II with only putting less than 15 hours into ArmA III.

Well, it says a lot, and I mean truly a

Well, it says a lot, and I mean truly a lot, about the game when a new member of our clan who never played ArmA II absoloutely love ArmA III. It speaks wonders about the games streamlined appeal to those who never played ArmA II before. We even got a member who didn't like ArmA II but loves ArmA III. That's because to its credit the new one is a lot easier to get into and a lot more user friendly.

ArmA III is naturally going to be judged and compared to its previous title. Some people tend to forget that ArmA I and II were both launched in a very bad state while lacking a lot of content, but it was accepted by the community for what it is. ArmA III has gone down the mainstream road without adopting a new approach for the mainstream community. The standards were raised for the next title in the franchise yet the developers didn't deliver.

The main issue here, when comparing the launch of the previous titles, is that the developers have consistently said they were aiming less content, more quality. An approach that they've taken very seriously to the detriment of the new title. We are just starting the New Year and the developers have done very little for the game, content wise. The pace is a lot, lot slower than previous titles. One might attribute this to the higher quality being put into ArmA III, which may be true, it may indeed lenghten the process.

But how long has ArmA III being in development? How many shuffles and re-designs did it undergo? There is no doubt about it; its a rushed job. The fact that the game released, yes, RELEASED, with hardly any content to call it a game and without a campaign is a joke. The first episode of the campaign is also, personally, a major disappointment. The developers also seem more focused on showcasing community missions rather than issuing development blogs.

We are not being fooled...

Another miscarriage in the arma franchise is the creative design and the cons of bringing the series into the future. We've got a creative designer who is dreadful, just dreadful, at what he does. The armor/uniform designs of the units are horrendous, the vehicles they decided to put in are failed prototypes that have no chance of appearing in any future warfare and it seems that rather than being put into the future, the whole concept of warfare took a step back.

I will say to its credit that Altos is, while somewhat barren, is indeed a wonderful landscape to play on. The graphics are wonderful and the optimisation done in the post launch period has been fantastic. The AI itself, while not up to the standards of ASR-AI (mod for ArmA II) it has certainly improved over the vanilla AI.

But, the devs can't be forgven for taking a much loved franchise and turning it into what it is now.
  22. Jan 3, 2014
    as always, all bugged, modding tools are the same as ever, and are crap, still no tools for animation, oxygen and visitor still crap as always, I'm with bohemia from the beginning OFP, Arma, Arma2 OA CO, but really I'm wrong to buy Arma 3, I had hopes that it would improve but I see that it is always the same, sell a junk, then the community has to improve a lot of effort to make itas always, all bugged, modding tools are the same as ever, and are crap, still no tools for animation, oxygen and visitor still crap as always, I'm with bohemia from the beginning OFP, Arma, Arma2 OA CO, but really I'm wrong to buy Arma 3, I had hopes that it would improve but I see that it is always the same, sell a junk, then the community has to improve a lot of effort to make it playable, as in all previous versions, with many mods to correct and better everything will be okay to play, and that will be within 1 or 2 years at the community end their mods and fix and improve everything that is wrong with the game, as always.

I really get tired of this, at least would have to provide good tools to do the mods, to tools has made people in the community are better than those provided with the game, not give them shame?
  23. Dec 7, 2013
    big fan of the series, in fact i think ive already gave a score for this game, think was positive score, but now i changed my mind, after all these years i realized (the hard way) that bohemia is synonym of mediocrity, they didnt work the game AT ALL, i have 300 hours of playtime on arma3, and i can assure u it gives headaches and anger, anger because i know they can do better, but theybig fan of the series, in fact i think ive already gave a score for this game, think was positive score, but now i changed my mind, after all these years i realized (the hard way) that bohemia is synonym of mediocrity, they didnt work the game AT ALL, i have 300 hours of playtime on arma3, and i can assure u it gives headaches and anger, anger because i know they can do better, but they like it the easy way, fooling their fans, anyway, the only remarcable thing is the ilumination work, maybe the sound effects too, the rest is just lame, 0 PERFORMANCE QUALITY, no midpc user friendly (and not talking bout me ;D) they forgot to test the game, da!!; never saw so much wasted potential in a game, compared to previous arma releases (1 and 2) the AI is the WORST AI EVER period f**** period, sometimes (frequently id say) they act very erratic, the just don't give a s**t bout you, and they ruin ur game, and if u dare to forget the AI and try the MP then its almost unplayable, too much lag and 0 optimizations, can't believe i was waiting for this, the animations are very poor for a game with a very capable engine, but u know what makes me more angry? the minor flaws, yes, those minor flaws that i just cant understand their existance, u "alt+tab" while in game and the menus GUI etc goes to hell, u can't even see the server list correctly LOL, some servers don't appear at all, but if u copy the ip from ur navigator or anything then suddenly appears xD, but then u remember u cant do the alt tab thing, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarr,i spend 15-30 minutes to find a server to connect, and the list of bugs continues... the game is just broken, the only ones capable of reverting this calamity is the modding comunity, they already started and thats what made me have 300 hours in this game. anyway, can't give more than a 5. Expand
  24. Nov 17, 2013
    This game has potential, but at the current state it's awful. It has has no content. MP doesn't work properly servers lag and the game is unplayable. This is the worst optimized game. single player is being released as DLC, this is not acceptable. In short you just have nothing to do in this game. Even showcases are broken and full of bugs, developers don't even no how to properly make aThis game has potential, but at the current state it's awful. It has has no content. MP doesn't work properly servers lag and the game is unplayable. This is the worst optimized game. single player is being released as DLC, this is not acceptable. In short you just have nothing to do in this game. Even showcases are broken and full of bugs, developers don't even no how to properly make a simplest things, absolutely no AI in this game, no physics too.
    Just do not buy it, do not support such lazy devs. Wait until they fix the game and if they'll fix it then buy it.
  25. Nov 13, 2013
    I loved Operation Flashpoint, ARMA, to some extent ARMA II and for sure Iron Front Liberation 1944, but ARMA III....

The landscape is at best dull and featureless. It reminds me of Delta Force from 1998.... The driving is the same as before, only now I drive in mostly fantasy vehicles (or at least completely unknown and perhaps planned-for-the-future vehicles) that I have no

The driving is the same as before, only now I drive in mostly fantasy vehicles (or at least completely unknown and perhaps planned-for-the-future vehicles) that I have no emotional relation to whatsoever save that I don't like them (gut feeling). They are pretty much the same for all sides in the game, with the exact same weaponry I guess to "balance" and make each side equally strong (read: boring). In short; I don't like them at all.

The small arms are ALL boring. It's all futuristic weapons. There is not one rifle in this game that I would have wanted in real life (and I am a gun nut...). They have more realistic recoil and better sound, but.... blaahhh. No thanks.

Uniforms are rather cool, with different camo options that are actually rather nice, but... they are all ultra futuristic and to me at least that is a big no no. You can also take a uniform from a dead guy (even if you killed him with canon fire) and put it on in about 0,1 second. So you can enter a house, change uniform and exit all in a few seconds. And they call this a war simulator....

Aircraft. Futuristic choppers. At least one fixed wing aircrafts..... I was not intrigued and didn't bother checking this feature out properly.

Single-player campaign. No such thing.

Single-player scenarios. No such thing.

MP campaign/scenarios. No such thing.

You are left to make all of this yourself. Ironically this might be no big deal though, because their scenarios and campaigns in the other games they have made all SUCKS, so you would have ended up making them yourself anyhow.

The editor is superb, so you can do a lot with this game, if you want to and if you can stomach all the futuristic features.

Optimization. I don't know. It works okay on my PC, but I have never tried it with many units.

A. I. It's pretty much the same as before, only now the enemies run away much easier (I think), and then after some running change their mind and come running back again. So in effect they e. g. run away up the side of a hill, turn halfway up and come back down. So I have the time to finish their other team members off, and then wait for the runners to return so that I can shoot them too. I have no idea if that is supposed to be good A. I. or not. I don't like it though.

Graphics is good, but I feel like "what's the point when the landscape is that featureless and boring"? It's like "the one tree over there is really nice".

This game is unfinished, and doesn't appeal to me at all.

This is a game that I will not play.

I return to (a still rather bugged) Ironfront Liberation 1944, and if I wish to be shot dead by a guy with an AK with iron sight 400 meters away about 1 second after I peek out a window, I can play ARMA II. :-)

What are these game makers up to? It went downhill from Operation Flashpoint. Better technology. Better software. Worse games... go figure.
  26. Nov 3, 2013
    Good looking game with a lot of cool features. I pre-ordered the game when it was still in alpha. It is released now and the controller support is still limited. For me it is unplayable. No Y-axis inversion option for xbox controller. Until this issue is fixed I can't play the game. Before people start crying M&K, say what you want but I game with a controller and when I spend my money forGood looking game with a lot of cool features. I pre-ordered the game when it was still in alpha. It is released now and the controller support is still limited. For me it is unplayable. No Y-axis inversion option for xbox controller. Until this issue is fixed I can't play the game. Before people start crying M&K, say what you want but I game with a controller and when I spend my money for a game I expect it is to be my choice how I play it. Expand
  27. Nov 3, 2013
    WARNING: HONEST REVIEW

WARNING: HONEST REVIEW

Arma 3 is one of the biggest titles in 2013 offering large play areas and realistic gameplay on a massive scale. Unfortunately, there are so many issues with this game right now it is almost impossible to give it a better rating than 4/10. While this game is indeed a large step forward in the Arma series, it is also a large piece of disappointment. Let me skip straight to the point.

Pros:
    - Large scale, large play area
    - Great graphics (with the exception of some smoke/fire effects)
    - Greatly improved radio chatter over it's predecessor
    - AI behaves slightly better than in it's predecessor
    - Greatly improved campaign (over it's predecessor)
    - Realistic engagement distances
    - Some weapon customization
    - UI improvements
    - Great editor (as usual with Arma games)

Cons:
    - Large scale (wait, what? see below)
    - Terrible performance the game engine does not feel right for this kind of game Arma 3 promises large scale war however the game engine cannot handle anything near large scale, a simple scenario of a firefight between 10 squads of infantry (5 squads each side) in a town results in less than 24-32 FPS on a i7-4770/GTX Titan system (perhaps we will be able to run this game properly in 10 years, I believe Vertical Sync option was implemented just to troll people because nobody can run it)
    - Lack of content compared to it's predecessor
    - No campaign on release
    - Similar engine issues as with previous Arma games (bad collisions, AI can walk through walls, AI cannot drive vehicles properly and so on)
    - The environment is rather boring, houses have no furniture (I realize furniture can be added via the editor however there is even no module/script that will auto populate houses with furniture and adding it manually is PITA)

It feels as if this game has great potential however at it's current state it is barely playable. Do not expect much from this game. Being an Arma player I still do enjoy this game however I am quite disappointed.

NOTE: I have tried improving the game's performance by doodling with the graphics drivers and settings however no matter what settings I put, this game will still perform very poorly.
  28. Oct 29, 2013
    I truly hate the MMS genre, Arma 3, however is something different. It's got some interesting concepts, sadly all of which are taken out poorly. The multiplayer is pretty decent, but the maps are so huge and open, that it is impossible to find anybody. The campaign is something I do not mean to ever play, considering it's a MMS, and the campaign by MMS nature, will be god awful. There hasI truly hate the MMS genre, Arma 3, however is something different. It's got some interesting concepts, sadly all of which are taken out poorly. The multiplayer is pretty decent, but the maps are so huge and open, that it is impossible to find anybody. The campaign is something I do not mean to ever play, considering it's a MMS, and the campaign by MMS nature, will be god awful. There has to be something in this game though, and there is! The level editor! Problem is, that it isn't very good if you genuinely want to have fun and mess about though (like me). It's graphically sound, but with the optimization issues I noticed, you will need a very, very good gaming tower to run at anything over standard. This is a beautifully sound game if your into MMS games, or a fan of modding. as a base game though, this will offer most gamers nothing. Imho this is a waste of money. Expand
  29. Oct 24, 2013
    I have waited patiently for a very long time with Arma 3 and the final product is nothing short of average. Everything seems to be lacking from the gaming content all the way to the modding tools. It's a complex product which you cannot master overnight but after many hours of playing; it just doesn't feel like it's worth the effort. For those that have paid full whack for a seeminglyI have waited patiently for a very long time with Arma 3 and the final product is nothing short of average. Everything seems to be lacking from the gaming content all the way to the modding tools. It's a complex product which you cannot master overnight but after many hours of playing; it just doesn't feel like it's worth the effort. For those that have paid full whack for a seemingly unfinished and unsupported product; it's a real kick in the teeth.

The enjoyment is just simply not there and with Battlefield 4 round the corner; either save your money and time for that or if you want a realistic sim; join the Army instead!
  30. Oct 24, 2013
    Placebo effect is great in some reviews, that's why I will put 1 to this, to balance it.
    Reality is that this game is just a shame. I am a fan of Arma series or, better, if it could be playable.
    This just CAN'T be playable. Many people here are affected by placebo effect. I have tried EVERYTHING posted here, change in FPS was just minimal. FX-8350 and GTX580 (SLI) here. I score 10K+ at 3DMark11 but I can't play good Arma 3 LOL.

I have really TRIED every single thing, from command lines to .cfg files, to all game options of course.
    Changes are minimal. I can play all games perfectely. They just play smooth. This doesn't.
    Not just it does (AND NEVER, no matter which settings) barely use around 40% CPU and maybe 45-50% GPUs power but it just can't do more.
    It is the same exact engine of Operation Flashpoint. They just put some polish in it (and it even look worse than Arma 2, really nice job).

This is just a shame and not, this is not because it is an early version, as it was not the beta or the alpha state.

This game just CAN'T go well, and don't tell me to change CPU. I don't have to change CPU, it is an high end one. It is Bohemia that has to change, and completely.
    Fortunately metacritic scores quite get the point. 6.X is good for it, it can't deserve more, it is ridiculous to pay for this NOT optimized at all product and many people still are at Bohemia Interactive side. It is not because the game is HUGE, it has nothing to do with it. It is just bad programmed.
    20+ players are just the standard nowadays and no matter how much good the server is, it will just do low FPS but, anyway, it manage to be hard also in singplayer with little buildings in front of you. Altis of course is far worse that Stratis making it almost unplayable with 20+ players (lol what's the point in having a 219083109km² map without an engine that can't handle effectively more than 20 players?)

Please, do a flavour to yourself, DO NOT BUY IT and don't believe there are optimizations around that can '''fix''' performance. NONE OF THEM ACTUALLY WORKS. It is the game!
    JMTC of course but I am forced to post this to community, it is a moral duty.
    Thanks for reading.

Regards.

1. Mar 26, 2014
    There's something about Bohemia's world-building that inspires people. Importantly though, Arma 3's vanilla content now stands on equal footing with those third-party inspirations. It's still a little rough around the edges, but it's a darned impressive package nonetheless.
  2. Nov 22, 2013
    Arma 3 seems to have a lot to offer in terms of multiplayer, but still not so much for the player looking to the single player experience.
  3. Oct 31, 2013
    With Arma 3, Bohemia made a big step towards a unified platform for its military shooters, but at the same time took two steps back in regards to actual game content. Only the most hardcore fans will enjoy Arma 3 in its current form.