Arma 3 PC

7.5

1. Sep 25, 2013
    Arma is not for everyone which is perhaps why most reviewers settle for an uncompromising 7/10. There's really nothing like it though and while currently modest in content A3 is otherwise a pretty solid entry. It can only get better so I give an optimistic 9.
  2. Sep 13, 2013
    The best military based game period. Anyone scoring this game less than 9 are being paid off by competing companies or are COD twitch retards. Good support, tons of content, the best gaming community out there, amazing graphics and gameplay. A great successor to Arma 1 and Arma 2 and worth every penny.
  3. Sep 23, 2013
    So much wasted potent. It's obvious that BIS intended ARMA 3 to be more of a platform for the community than a game. But without solid content on its own, it won't draw many new comers and the higher system requirement will prevent some ARMA2 community from transitioning. As a result, ARMA 3 will be slow going. 0 as it is now. Potentially a 8 or 9 a year or two down the road, when contentsSo much wasted potent. It's obvious that BIS intended ARMA 3 to be more of a platform for the community than a game. But without solid content on its own, it won't draw many new comers and the higher system requirement will prevent some ARMA2 community from transitioning. As a result, ARMA 3 will be slow going. 0 as it is now. Potentially a 8 or 9 a year or two down the road, when contents are there and the price drops. Expand
  4. Dec 22, 2015
    ArmA 3 is not a game. It is a MILITARY SIMULATION. As such, it delivers beautifully.

It does so many things other "games" don't: humongous worlds, weather, day/night, physics, etc. It is supremely immersive. The mods and modes of play make for an almost endless experience. Removed 1 point for the "poor" optimization. The word is between quotes because the code in this software is

Removed 1 point for the "poor" optimization. The word is between quotes because the code in this software is worlds ahead of anything else, and as such, its complexity is mind-boggling.

Still, the cherry on top would be better optimized code. Lacking this, I give the game a solid 9/10.
  5. Feb 13, 2015
    I feel that in order for me to actually be able to review this game, the game would have to be able to run on my system (8 gigs G.Skill Ripjaw, 1090T Black edition processor, AMD 7890 VGU.) For those of you unfamiliar with computers, these are all upper-mid end parts. However, the game does not run. The game was a piece of junk at launch and has not improved in the least bit since then. II feel that in order for me to actually be able to review this game, the game would have to be able to run on my system (8 gigs G.Skill Ripjaw, 1090T Black edition processor, AMD 7890 VGU.) For those of you unfamiliar with computers, these are all upper-mid end parts. However, the game does not run. The game was a piece of junk at launch and has not improved in the least bit since then. I am able to get ~10 fps during gunfights making me a ridiculously easy target. Driving a vehicle? forget about it. ~5fps in a city with more than 5 other players in it. Flying a vehicle? Haven't even bothered to give it a try. This is coming from a computer that can run Counter Strike Global Offensive at around 250 frames consistently.

I will never buy another Bohemia game again, and I hope that anyone with an AMD CPU reading this does more research than I did before buying this game. What a waste of money.
  6. Sep 12, 2013
    This is the true successor to the original operation flashpoint games, as such players should not expect a "twitchy" shooter within this game this is a real combat simulator. You need to tread carefully or you *will* die! The movement and weapons handling feels authentic, the vehicles not as much, but they're still a fun and awesome feature of the game. The strength lies in theThis is the true successor to the original operation flashpoint games, as such players should not expect a "twitchy" shooter within this game this is a real combat simulator. You need to tread carefully or you *will* die! The movement and weapons handling feels authentic, the vehicles not as much, but they're still a fun and awesome feature of the game. The strength lies in the moddability of the game, there are already survival mods and sandbox servers. The game runs fine on my system and the multiplayer was quite solid during the beta. If you want to feel the excitement where you are constantly on your toes as any bad move could be your last, then get this game now. There modding content alone make the game worth its price. Expand
  7. Sep 17, 2013
    Excellent improvements over Arma 2 in movement, lightning, stability and terrain. Altis island is just an amazing piece of 290 square kilometers open-world terrain. With mission editor and modding tools you can make Arma 3 anything you want.

All Arma games are like good wine. It gets only better when it gets older.
  8. Sep 24, 2016
    The Arma series is a much, much different game than other "modern" shooters. It draws from the likes of Minecraft in that it is run by the players and powered by the platform. Thus, it gets called a military sandbox for that reason. Don't expect Battlefield or Call of Duty. This is all said in order to frame the foundation for the score of this game rather than rating it on falseThe Arma series is a much, much different game than other "modern" shooters. It draws from the likes of Minecraft in that it is run by the players and powered by the platform. Thus, it gets called a military sandbox for that reason. Don't expect Battlefield or Call of Duty. This is all said in order to frame the foundation for the score of this game rather than rating it on false expectations.

Pros:
    1. This is a military sandbox game. The end outcome on your enjoyment is all up to the player. The players just need to learn how to use the tools provided by the community and the game, and then know what they want out of the game.

2. Realism. Excellent! Mods help make it phenomenal.

3. Customization. Endless.

4. Multiplayer. Co-op and PvP play of whatever you want. To maximize my experience, I found one of many dedicated communities that don't require your life, but consistent enough to enjoy team-play and teaching how to better understand and play the game. This is no plug-and-play. Much like those MOBA games, this requires some dedicated learning prior to playing (well).

5. Graphics. They are good. Not great, but good. Fits in well to increase immersion and realism.

Cons:

1. Optimization. The game engine seems to be the blame for any gameplay performance. Most AAA titles are bottle-necked by GPU, this game relies heavily on a strong CPU, and much less a GPU. Hopefully BIStudios can start on a brand new engine for their next game. At the same time, the game is playable even at 20 frames per minute.

2. Learning curve. STEEP. Like I said, playing with a community is highly recommended to learn the game in order to better enjoy it. The game comes with some tutorials, but they are geared on learning the numerous key bindings and less on learning how to use them to your advantage. The again, war has so many different scenarios that training can really only be learned on the field.
  9. Nov 10, 2013
    The game less realistic. Very unrealistic. With such TEMPO it will turn into a battlefield. The game offers a 10 FPS and I do not understand why. In singlplayer FPS great.
    P.S. I want to broken bones in the game. Where have they gone?
  10. Jun 18, 2015
    Sorry, no points from me, even though I am a huge fan since Operation Flashpoint and have built many missions for the community..
    The problems with this game:
    1) Plays in the future. Nope Sorry, doesnt work. People who like this franchise want real military weapons and vehicles. Not some fantasy crap. 2) Controls. They have essentially become CoD-like. Its a twitch shooter now, not a
    The problems with this game:
    2) Controls. They have essentially become CoD-like. Its a twitch shooter now, not a military simulator. In ArmA 2 you couldnt turn 180 degrees with an MG in your hand as if you have nothing on you at all. Here you can play like youre playing Unreal Tournament.
    3) Animations. Horrible. Just horrible. ArmA 2 also had many bad animations, but here they didnt even get generic movement animations right. It just looks horrible, something I actually hated to showcase to my friends, since it looks so badly made.
    4) Lack of content. When ArmA 2 was as old as ArmA 3 is now, it had already its first expansion and several very nice DLCs and the original game came with MUCH more content too. Especially vehicles and weapons, different infantry, buildings, maps, etc. The huge content made many different mods possible. ArmA 3 content isnt even enough to have a proper Warfare mod. People still play it in ArmA 2 instead because of that.
    5) Performance. ArmA 2 didnt have good performance either, but not nearly as bad as ArmA 3. ArmA 2 was very playable with proper hardware, ArmA 3 is not even with the highest high end.
    6) Bugs. Yeah well... This game was released in alpha status and they promised that would help get bugs fixed much quicker. Nope. It didnt. Its buggier than ArmA 2 ever was and fixes are extremely slow. ArmA 2 was very playable 2 years after release. ArmA 3 still feels like an alpha version, and not only because of the bugs.

I have high hopes ArmA 4 will return to the roots and not be some CoD wannabe.
  11. Sep 12, 2013
    I played the game since the Alpha stage and I have t say, they added a lot of content, sure the game isn't finished as in it has no Singleplayer but still it has PLENTY OF CONTENT in the steam workshop.

Also i'm glad to see that this game still supports mods, unlike games such as CoD and Battlefield they still know that it's all about the user experience which is why they will update the game with lot's of new content.

Only downside: The bad optimization FPS might drop because CPU usage is too high, but I'm sure they'll fix this eventually.
  12. Nov 2, 2013
    Compared with ARMA2, the game-play is much more fluid, smoother, more FPS-like. Don't expect CoD stile game-play, but that's a good thing. Team-play, as always with ARMA series, is essential.

The weapons and vehicles are all fictional (due to royalties restrictions), but they all feel real and there is a good balance between the factions' gear. The community no-doubt will fix this. There are already quite a few of 'replacements' like the SA80 assault rifle and a full US/Russian weapons. Many more are in the pipeline.

Recently, the first chapter of a campaign has been released as a free DLC with very well done, really enjoyable game-play.

You do need a fairly powerful PC, but the game is less resource-intensive than ARMA2. I can run almost everything maxed up on a 2 year old machine (only turned down shadows and removed AA as I run it at full resolution).

To enjoy the game play you need to spend some time to learn the controls, not just for the soldiers, but also for the different vehicles, UAV, robots etc. There is also a command set of instructions where you don't need to get into the fight, but manage the battlefield groups to fulfill the mission. Aslo, don't forget the scuba divers a first in the ARMA environment under-water warfare!

The mission editor is even more powerful than ever and there are plenty of community-created missions available to download either via STEAM or from various websites. You can create large multi-unit battles or smaller building-clearing type of missions the last now works better than ever as it wasn't a strong point in previous ARMAs .

This game has got some quirks, but for the kind of scale it covers huge terrain, multitude of units, weapons, vehicles etc. it is a truly enjoyable battlefield simulation off-line or on-line.

Bohemia Interactive's constant support for the game, dedicated server files, modding tools brings a breath of fresh air in the FPS world at a time when other FPS games (BF and CoD) are now console games, a constant more and more expensive re-hash of the same, with a very closed server environment.

Well done Bohemia Interactive! And thank you!
  13. Sep 12, 2013
    I got operation flashpoint cold war crisis when i was about 14 for Christmas and it is in my top 10 favourite games ever. In my opinion opflash resistance has some of the best written story and poignant characters in gaming, it certainty rises above what is expected of the genre (its sad how under appreciated it is). it was a moving story about sacrifice and defiance. It just shows how warI got operation flashpoint cold war crisis when i was about 14 for Christmas and it is in my top 10 favourite games ever. In my opinion opflash resistance has some of the best written story and poignant characters in gaming, it certainty rises above what is expected of the genre (its sad how under appreciated it is). it was a moving story about sacrifice and defiance. It just shows how war games have shifted towards multiplayer with single player becoming an after thought. Not only did the campaign get delayed but i can't even see any single player missions. what, do you expect the community to make them for you?

Altis is a boring featureless barren wasteland. Its arid and sparse. It has no picturesque rivers, ravines, forests, hills, mountains. I guess choosing a Mediterranean setting made this inevitable, but then why choose it? If they didn't want to make another eastern European forest environment, then what about a jungle location like in Indonesia or south america. At least that way the map wouldn't drive me to tears at how boring and flat it is. I can fly a helicopter at an altitude of around 15-25 across the map without even having to gain altitude, that is how flat altis is

In the editor i still can't see any fixed wing aircraft. Now I'm sure that this will be resolved quickly, but it got RELEASED ie came out of beta and just like the campaign, its not there! Bohemia, if the game wasn't ready then you should have kept it in beta, if only for symbolic reasons.

so then what exactly did i get for my £29.99. I basically got a platform, a framework that hopefully the glorious arma community will flesh out with custom maps, mods, addons etc. But then i could have just stuck to arma 2 which already has these things, and i would have saved my money. arma 3 is unfinished yet is apparently released, its graphics are virtually the same as arma 2, except with an uninteresting setting. Arma 3 achieves nothing that couldn't be done in arma 2, and so will only serve to split the community. It wounds me to write such a negative review because cold war crisis and arma 2 are some of my favorite games.
  14. Nov 7, 2013
    Is ARMA 3 an improvement over previous installations? Yes, but not in all respects.
    Is ARMA 3 a good game by itself? Partly, because almost 2 months after its release, the game still seems quite lacking in some areas.
    Here´s what I think: Pro: - the game is visually stunning and easily scalable - the open world sandbox environment is very immersive and provides many different

Here´s what I think:

Pro:

- the game is visually stunning and easily scalable
    - the open world sandbox environment is very immersive and provides many different tactical opportunities
    - appealing user generated content doesn´t leave the game too laxcking of any meaningful content
    - controls are much intuitive than in previous installments
    - there´s a lot of future potential

Con:

- the game still crashes a lot
    - the AI is still very much a mixed bag
    - the SP-campaign gameplay often seems very random thanks also to the strange AI behaviour and sometimes strange and unfair mission design
    - in addition, the first campaign DLC is quite short
    - there is very little actual content in the game, especially for SP
    - MP performance is still a problem

I understand perfectly that BI has a long term interest in ARMA 3 and wants to contiunally develop it into a more complete game. up to now they already did a good job in some areas, getting rid of or streamlining certain mechanics, that were unnecesarily complicated, however this means more or less simply "bringing them up to industry standard". It´s not enough to polish the graphics engine, thereby achieve an appealing presentation, streamline controls and make two (very nice) maps. Accordingly the impression that ARMA 3 leaves behind is that of a quite promising and immersive game, but which is simply no even close be finished. It had less catastrophic bugs and glitches at release than its predecessors, but it´s still plagued by crashes and poor performance. At least this should be done right at release so why is it not a beta anymore? MP gameplay makes for a lot of fun, but it´s no excuse for the fact, that the game feels quite empty and without any engageing content, it becomes boring after a while.
  15. Oct 22, 2013
    I'm sick and tired of all the people complaining about the game's looks and sounds. The game looks just fine and in fact, it often looks more realistic than what you would get in the commercial AAA shooters. The sounds were never its strong suit, and mods were made in Arma 2 and Arrowhead for that purpose.

While the mechanics of this game are exactly the same as A2/OA plus some *minor* enhancements, the game is an actual disappointment to the people who actually liked their game almost obsessively complicated in terms of vehicles, weapons and equipment. None of the vehicles exist in real life, other than the KA-60, the Littlebird and the stealth-plated Blackhawk. The Iranian gunship is the nose of a Havoc mixed with...what a V-tail? What the hell, even.

None of the weapons have their actual names, and while I understand this is probably due to copyrighting, they could have just used the military designations.

The single player DLC thing is an unfortunate thing, but if you buy this game for the campaign, you might as well go play Day Z. Another reason why a lot of people seems to be scoring this game too low. Because now, 80% of all "Arma" players, only played Day Z and don't care for the real game. Idiots.
  16. Sep 13, 2013
    20 fps in multiplayer modes, despite having 80+ fps in singleplayer
    No campaign, you can only download and play custom missions made by fans
    A lot of bugs even after so many patches and testing
  17. Apr 12, 2014
    Definitely worth getting if you enjoy military or tactical shooters. This game gets better with every patch, and with over 200 hours logged I can say the game still brings fresh content every time I play. No scenario is ever the same, and with the new FREE DLC this becomes especially true. Mods will also blow you out of the water with new gear, sounds, imported maps from previous ArmADefinitely worth getting if you enjoy military or tactical shooters. This game gets better with every patch, and with over 200 hours logged I can say the game still brings fresh content every time I play. No scenario is ever the same, and with the new FREE DLC this becomes especially true. Mods will also blow you out of the water with new gear, sounds, imported maps from previous ArmA games etc. ArmA 3 is going to be popular and have a lot of players for a very long time. See you on the battlefield. Expand
  18. Sep 14, 2013
    First of all lets be clear user generated content is user generated content which can be horrible quality or great, but very short. That content is ADDITIONAL content. Not the main content.

This being sad Arma 3 doesn't have any SP/COOP content. On launch day there is no campaign (probably will be added later on in episodic (arma 3 is now episodic game...)). "Showcases" is a few missions and that's about it. Pretty much what can save this game is DayZ, Wasteland and if users will feel like doing so some missions. From what I've played only 3 of 15 missions were seriously good. The rest are bleh. That's a major issue with this game. I'd say HUGE issue.

Problem #2. Their big island Altis and optimization. It seems that no matter how good your PC is optimization for that region in particular is non-existent. Because of that all users' missions were very close to being unplayable for me without setting graphics to carbon boxes level. I thought that with all those operations flashpoints and previous armas developers can finally learn to optimize their games for "current gen PC hardware". Not to that illusive date in the future where there will be Arma 6 or something and when people will finally be able to play arma 3 without framerates issues.

Overall atmosphere gameplay in general. Even I (fat guy) can run longer distance before starting seeing world through blood lens... are those guys in the game soldiers or what? It take 3-5 seconds of running and than bam! Your guy is tired and here comes heavy breathing and blood lens (sort of speak)... as for weapons and sounds they sound absolutely the same as any other arma or OFP I remember. Absolutely nothing new here. Problem is game suppose to take place in the near future (2030 or something like that)... what's the point of making military game in the future where everything is the same? Where are guns which allow you to shoot from corners without looking/leaning? Where is that rubber ball with controllable camera which police and maybe military are using now to check out what's going on in a room? Where are good gadgets?

Now lets go over good things. Graphics is actually pretty nice if you're playing on a small island with graphics on high level. Those graphics are nice! No doubt about it. Another cool thing combat stances. But lets be honest pretty much every casual non-hardcore-arma-fan is going to use Z, X buttons to change stance. So for those who can heavily increase sales of the game that feature is pointless. One user created mission Dynamic War System should go as a part of arma 3 default package! It is the only thing that can save consumers who love sp/coop content in a game. Bohemia had to stop doing their "campaign" and help that guy to increase quality of that mission. Aaaand to be honest I can't say I like anything else in the game.
  19. Aug 9, 2014
    It was back in 2001 as Codemaster’s Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis set the bar for military simulations. A game which did everything right from graphics, realism and mood as a fully integrated mission editor as well. It was so exiting to stay up in the night and play it for hours and hours. Codemaster and Bohemia tried hard in the coming years to built a better and even moreIt was back in 2001 as Codemaster’s Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis set the bar for military simulations. A game which did everything right from graphics, realism and mood as a fully integrated mission editor as well. It was so exiting to stay up in the night and play it for hours and hours. Codemaster and Bohemia tried hard in the coming years to built a better and even more realistic military simulation but something was missing for me – some kind of feeling. With Arma III Bohemia accomplished their mission fully this time. The game is so exciting in detail and offers one of the most realistic military simulation available today. Expand
  20. Sep 14, 2013
    Single player in this game works great. Game have interesting concept and great potential comes with it. But here starts the problem... Multiplayer in this game is at least atm. unplayable. Utilises like 1 cpu core, all the rest sits below 40-50%, while FPS drops to hell on all variety of specs, giving players in multiplayer around 10-25fps. (while on single they could run smooth 60fps allSingle player in this game works great. Game have interesting concept and great potential comes with it. But here starts the problem... Multiplayer in this game is at least atm. unplayable. Utilises like 1 cpu core, all the rest sits below 40-50%, while FPS drops to hell on all variety of specs, giving players in multiplayer around 10-25fps. (while on single they could run smooth 60fps all the time on very same rigs) Expand
  21. Sep 16, 2013
    While there are a few areas where the series took a step forward, graphics and physics, there are many areas where the game is just not finished or even took a step back. My first problem is the map. While the map is huge, it doesn't seem to have the character of Chernarus and it doesn't feel like a place where you should be fighting a war. I realize that BI wanted to showcase new featuresWhile there are a few areas where the series took a step forward, graphics and physics, there are many areas where the game is just not finished or even took a step back. My first problem is the map. While the map is huge, it doesn't seem to have the character of Chernarus and it doesn't feel like a place where you should be fighting a war. I realize that BI wanted to showcase new features with water, but I just think it's kind of strange to be fighting on a Greek island. There's just something about those post-Soviet states that just makes it feel like you should be fighting there. The next problem is just the overall lack of attention to detail. A great example of this is the Xbox 360 control scheme that is on the game. While you can edit the scheme by basically disconnecting the controller and putting it back in as a generic one, you would expect that the scheme that the developers made would be pretty good. Unfortunately that is not the case. Flying or driving vehicles can be very interesting with this control scheme. somehow I don't think the helicopter is supposed to shoot whenever you turn left and vice versa, but it does. Also, I just feel that they could have waiting until the single player campaign was finished to release the game. People would have waited. Releasing it without one has just made people angry. Another rather puzzling element is the lack of jets in the game (except for one that's from like the 60's). I was looking forward to some awesome air battles above the terrain (which is beautiful from above), but unfortunately there are no jets for the NATO or Russian factions. Another common complaint is the framerate issue. I haven't been having those problems and in my opinion that is more of a computer issue than a game issue. I do realize that they post the hardware requirements that the game needs to run, but those are MINIMUM requirements and you shouldn't expect it to run perfectly on the lowest settings. When you buy this game you should know you need something a little more powerful to run it and for it to perform well. I know that BI will improve this game over time, but I'm reviewing the game as it is now and unfortunately it just isn't very good at the moment. I will update my review as BI updates the game Expand
  22. Sep 14, 2013
    This is ridiculous, most of the critics have no place to even review this title as they are evidently clueless about this particular title. If you criticize Arma for its "lack of content", then you have no idea what you're reviewing, the Arma series has survived since its first game almost a decade ago, never because of it's "rich content"? It's the incredible platform it brings thatThis is ridiculous, most of the critics have no place to even review this title as they are evidently clueless about this particular title. If you criticize Arma for its "lack of content", then you have no idea what you're reviewing, the Arma series has survived since its first game almost a decade ago, never because of it's "rich content"? It's the incredible platform it brings that allows the extremely active and dedicated community to work on, the fact that DayZ was an example to show how it revived the sales of a 3-4 year old game back up to the top of the steam sales supports that. ARMA 3, for anyone who knows the series, is a giant leap, in performance, in graphics, and in game mechanics. Now it's up to the community, like they did with Arma 2, to bring its full potential, I for one am happy to be part of it, and am patiently waiting for more, both from Bohemia and the modders.

Frankly, I don't even want to see this title on Metacritic, it has no place here to be reviewed by people who clearly don't have a clue. Far too many people expect the fluidity of Battlefield only to find themselves in a completely different realm, while DayZ brought the series to the light of the mainstream, which can only be a good thing as Bohemia evidently used extra profit and poured it into this new title, it has also brought in a lot of bad apples into the community, expecting the wrong things, demanding the wrong things, and criticizing it for not delivering. Review this for what it is, not impose your unrealistic expectation based on other titles onto this.
  23. Sep 13, 2013
    No content, poorly optimized, multiplayer has sync issues and 9 out of 10 servers suck, it takes so long to find a good game. Just not impressed, it's basically an engine without any game...
  24. Sep 13, 2013
    After all the hype and the excellence of ARMA 2 I couldn't wait to get my hands on ARMA 3. The game has progressed in a postive way, graphics, PhysX support, smoother gameplay (movement) and you can now actually swim! Though all this is let down by the fact that the game has no campaign and it is optimized worse than its predecessor. Simply unplayable at 20 FPS with low settings using aAfter all the hype and the excellence of ARMA 2 I couldn't wait to get my hands on ARMA 3. The game has progressed in a postive way, graphics, PhysX support, smoother gameplay (movement) and you can now actually swim! Though all this is let down by the fact that the game has no campaign and it is optimized worse than its predecessor. Simply unplayable at 20 FPS with low settings using a high-end gaming desktop. Expand
  25. Sep 15, 2013
    What a great game. Lots to be done, but thats is the way of arma. Years of free content and bug fixes still to come.

I play this game everyday, and I havent even touched MP yet. The editor limitless fun. Right now Im enjoying making CAS missions for the buzzard. It is amazing.

Note that this is my genuine score, it is not meant to balance against anyone elses opinion.
  26. Jun 7, 2016
    Children play Call of Duty
    Boys play Battlefield
    Men play ARMA

Best military simulator ever created. I know a lot of veterans who play this game and we can all agree how detailed and realistic it is. There is a massive learning curve but if you take the time to learn the keys you will be hooked.
  27. Jan 18, 2015
    January 2015 - several patches later:

I've played this game 8+ hours now, both the single player and the multi-player, here're my thoughts: - the game is unpolished and suffers from poor User Experience when it comes to menus, communications, orientation and much more. Basically finding a relevant game is difficult to get started, and many of the locally hosted servers have missing
    January 2015 - several patches later:

- the game is unpolished and suffers from poor User Experience when it comes to menus, communications, orientation and much more. Basically finding a relevant game is difficult to get started, and many of the locally hosted servers have missing files compared to my installed vanilla version.
    - the game is buggy when it comes to playing in a squad with the AI. The AI is INCREDIBLY stupid and basically you can forget playing coop with a friend, because the supporting team is so stupid that eventually it ruins the entire experience.
    - The reason I give it 3 out of 10, instead of 1 out of 10 - is because the single player campaign works and is enjoyable. But, it is VERY short and replay value is zero here.

Overall:
    The game was released a year before it ever should have, and the basic interaction with menus, getting into multiplayer, the frame rate from big servers and much much more should block you from playing this game.

A massive disappointment because it looks great, the sandbox concept is great - but unforgivable that the in-game mechanics fail so hard that it puts a block between you and the play-ability.
  28. Sep 22, 2013
    Pros:
    I will give the game a 1 for the actual idea of such a large sandbox arena for combat.
    Cons:
    Everything else but the idea.. it just lacks on sooo many levels since the early days. Yet I am still a fan.. but when you have noticed through the years that it is not getting any better.. excuses get old.. and so has this series.
  29. Sep 12, 2013
    First of all: the actual score is only to compensate for the blind fanboys who are giving this game a 10. Not in their wildest dreams is this game deserving of a perfect score. In fact, a reasonable score would be something in the 3 to 5 range.

Full disclosure: I bought the game when the alpha was first released. Not only that: I got the "Supporter Edition", which is supposed to get be every bit of content, including future paid DLC. I even got my name in the credits for being one of the first 500 to buy it!

Since then, not much has improved. This is basically an unfinished game... according to "Dwarden", one of the developers who constantly posts on the Steam Community Discussions for ARMA 3, Bohemia Interactive's games are like "wine", and they get bette over time. Well... months have passed, and I still see something that shouldn't be considered a full release. This is still an early alpha build, at best.

The game lacks content. There are few vehicles and they all look pretty much alike. The game is also supposed to take place in the 2030s, and the only available jet looks like it came straight out of the 1970s.

The sound effects and voice acting is awful and not realistic at all, even though this is promoted as a "simulator" rather than an actual game.

The interface is terrible and not intuitive at all. Perhaps one of the worst aspects of the game. It's really something you have to see for yourself... on gameplay videos, that is. You'd be shocked by how bad it is.

Altis, the "huge open-world" environment of the game, is a dead, uninteresting place. Towns all look the same. Houses have no furniture. The few inhabitants are all in beach clothing for some reason (do people actually work in Altis?). It makes you wonder why there's a military conflict to take control of the island in the first place.

The poor optimization of the game deserves an essay of its own. Really, it's baffling how at this day and age something like this can be accepted by the gaming community. The game runs HORRIBLY on the most high-end PCs out there, no matter how low the settings are. Arma 3's shortcomings on this regard are well documented. Just Google "Arma 3" and "FPS". The game uses an ancient engine that despite being incredibly heavy doesn't even manage to make the game look as good as something like Crysis 3, Battlefield 3, The Witcher 2, Metro: Last Light, etc..

Things get worse when you go online. You'll get about a third of the framerates you get in "single-player".

Oh yes, and I added quotes to "single-player" because... there's no actual single-player campaign yet. Just a bunch of showcases (small demos) that were there from day 1 of the alpha.

So what are you left with in this "fantastic" military simulator, since multi-player is pretty much unplayable? Well... load up the map editor and die of boredom.

It's as if Bohemia Interactice is asking the community to save this train wreck with custom scenarios and the like. Why? because Bohemia Interactive failed at releasing a proper game.

Of course, they don't lack excuses. "Part of the development team was in jail for some time". "Bohemia isn't as big as EA, Ubisoft, Activision, Valve, etc.". "The game will get better". Just to name a few.

Well I don't care. If you're ambitious enough to release what's supposed to be "a futuristic military simulator in a huge open-world environment", that game better deliver. Especially when you're charging the same for it as those other companies charge for their well-polished games.

Anyway, that's my rant. Don't make the same mistake I made. This game is not worth your money, or more importantly, your time.
  30. Nov 13, 2015
    ArmA 3 is overall an excellent game and in many ways significantly better than previous games in the series, there are however a few things I do not like at all.

My main issue is with the DLC that has been released, in my opinion they provide too little content for the price they are asking, in addition the fact that anyone can use the content (mainly the guns) is very problematic when it comes to multiplayer as it starts spamming you with advertising, which is not only distracting but it sometimes covers the entire screen leading to the players death, in my opinion this is completely unacceptable since often in multiplayer you cannot choose to not use a DLC weapon, these DLC weapons do impact gameplay fairly significantly since they fill the empty spot between 7.65mm and 12.7mm rifles.

The guns themselves are not that interesting either, one of the main reasons I enjoyed ArmA 2 so much was because it featured real world guns such as the iconic AK-47, certainly this can be corrected by mods but it would have been a lot better if they had been included in ArmA 3 in some manner.

ArmA 3 was poorly optimized at the start but it's now significantly better, it's still a very demanding game but I can't complain about that since it does look really nice, although the island of Altis isn't quite the same as Chernrus from ArmA 3 it's still enjoyable.

I would recommend buying this game but be prepared to pay for the DLC unlesss you want your experience ruined.
  31. Feb 18, 2014
    This game could have been great, but the engine is horrible and does not utilize the GPU as it should, i have an i7 2600, 12gb ram and a gtx 780 and i get 20-30 fps no matter if im at absolute lowest settings possible or the highest possible. The only reason this game is even geting a 1 from me is cause of some of the great mods. I would not recomend anyone supporting this company with anyThis game could have been great, but the engine is horrible and does not utilize the GPU as it should, i have an i7 2600, 12gb ram and a gtx 780 and i get 20-30 fps no matter if im at absolute lowest settings possible or the highest possible. The only reason this game is even geting a 1 from me is cause of some of the great mods. I would not recomend anyone supporting this company with any money cause they keep releaseing games with this subpar engine that belongs in the 1990´s and not 2014. Expand
  32. May 16, 2014
    Pros graphics are sick! Cons I gave up on the game in the tutorial stage because the controls and game play are to complex and foreign to what all other game developers use.
  33. Sep 20, 2016
    well i already made a review about arma 3, it was a really negative review, and i think i made it around the time being released, now i have to recognize that the game is a lot better than before, im surprised how it evolved, i had lots of performance issues at that time and not because of my hardware, looks like the updates had their effect, the content at the time was reaaaally short andwell i already made a review about arma 3, it was a really negative review, and i think i made it around the time being released, now i have to recognize that the game is a lot better than before, im surprised how it evolved, i had lots of performance issues at that time and not because of my hardware, looks like the updates had their effect, the content at the time was reaaaally short and not polished, now looks like they've finished their job,still playing this game and having tons of fun with it, specially in MP, the mods we got till now are just awesome, gosh i love when people can make a game just like their own, and i got that feel with this one, so i forgive you bethesda, i've always had this kink of love/hate relationsheep (meeeeh meeeh) with u guys, and that only means that i love ya fellas hahaha, but i'll always expect more from you, i really think you could be one of the greatest game companies. Expand
  34. Sep 17, 2013
    ArmA 3 is the best military simulation title. It is really a fantastic product. Can't wait for the DLCs and all the additional expansion. This is WAR.
  35. Dec 17, 2014
    I pre-ordered this game, and I really wish I hadn't of. The game has a very promising engine, and it is obvious this is where BI spent most of its man-hours. However good the engine is, I cannot get over the COMPLETE lack of content that the game shipped with at launch (something that hasn't been much improved since I wrote this review). THE GAME HAS NO CONTENT. It barely has a tenth of aI pre-ordered this game, and I really wish I hadn't of. The game has a very promising engine, and it is obvious this is where BI spent most of its man-hours. However good the engine is, I cannot get over the COMPLETE lack of content that the game shipped with at launch (something that hasn't been much improved since I wrote this review). THE GAME HAS NO CONTENT. It barely has a tenth of a story. I was shocked at how short it was. What angered me the most was the lack of guns, vehicles, and other user-interactable content. The game shipped with 3 assault rifles, 2 lmgs, 2 pistols, and 1 sniper rifle. WTF. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!! Arma 2 provides so much more game-play value, even with its dilapidated engine. Arma 3 feels like an Alpha. The ARMA community deserves so much better than this. The game's sole saving grace is its modding community, who will surely make interesting and fun mods to offset the lack of originally developed content. Also, I was going to give this game a 6/10, but BI added more insult to injury by releasing a DLC helicopter expansion pack as a $16 download. $16!!!!! THEY ARE CHARGING $16 EXTRA FOR CONTENT THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN INCLUDED AT LAUNCH. Very shameful. 5/10

Most of the value in this game is in its map editor.

Pros:
    Good engine
    Good graphics
    Great modding potential

Cons:
    NO CONTENT
    Little to no campaign
    BS $16 helicopter DLC
    AI still pretty meh (not as bad as ARMA 2 though)
  36. Oct 6, 2013
    Would not recommend this game. Broken AI, Physics problems, graphical glitches and very limited content make this game, in my opinion, a series ending killer. Bohemia Interactive obviously rushed to develop this game and have left the play with a broken, frustrating gaming experience. Avoid this one.
  37. Sep 13, 2013
    In a nutshell? DREADFUL!
    This.. this... thing! Can only be one of the worst BI efforts to date. Now, don't get me wrong, I own all the other ArmA's and they were some of the best games I've played. Arrowhead for example, while having some issues, was amazing fun and well done.
    In a nutshell? DREADFUL!
    This on the other hand is awful. There is NO (zero!) single player campaign (to be added later while it will be free, until then the game is shallow without it). Some of the "designs" are very strange, like bullets that can go through plate steel and concrete walls.
    This is by far the worst ArmA yet. The players (lol) marking this up at 10's and 9's are either Devs or pure blind fanboys that only want multiplayer and hate on you if you speak up!
    Please don't get caught out, and stay clear til this game is finished. You'll only end up upset and let down.
    TRM. (PS. It gets 2 instead of zero because the graphics aren't half bad... Apart from the grass/trees shading not working right and crawling over rocks makes you look like your going up a mountain's north face!).
  38. Sep 14, 2013
    Arma 3 is a BIG step forward, after arma 2! Better animations, new physics engine, better sounds, much much better looking graphics. The Mediterranean setting, is really a fresh breath in gaming industry. Realistic looking huge map Altis, which were made by real life island Lemnos. Very detailed vehicles, soldiers, weaponry. I can go on, arma has literrarry no limits in creativity, itArma 3 is a BIG step forward, after arma 2! Better animations, new physics engine, better sounds, much much better looking graphics. The Mediterranean setting, is really a fresh breath in gaming industry. Realistic looking huge map Altis, which were made by real life island Lemnos. Very detailed vehicles, soldiers, weaponry. I can go on, arma has literrarry no limits in creativity, it offers easy to use editor, which offeres all kind of mission making. Payday a like, ghost recon-stealth a like. GTA a like RPG like missions, sandbox unique mission called wasteland, large scale battlefield mission warfare or capture the island. Tons of fun coop missions. All that can be found in steam workshop and on multiplay servers. Arma is a differnt kind of game, the devs offer you a big platform, to build on.

Only few contras, like missing campaign and fixed wing planes for bluefor and opfor, which was announced long before release date, and will be released weeks later as FREE DLC, which isn't a big deal for me!
  39. Sep 12, 2013
    If you've been playing the development branch for the last couple months, don't expect a massive change in content, as you're really only getting some core optimization and a few extra missions to tool around in. That said, the content found in the game is tight, even if it is a little light. Games like Arma are scored on their gameplay, not by how many guns can be found in the game, andIf you've been playing the development branch for the last couple months, don't expect a massive change in content, as you're really only getting some core optimization and a few extra missions to tool around in. That said, the content found in the game is tight, even if it is a little light. Games like Arma are scored on their gameplay, not by how many guns can be found in the game, and this game aces gameplay, much like its predecessors, if milsims are your thing. Keep in mind, I do think the content is a little light at the moment, but, BI has been good in the past with support, and I don't see the case being any different here. I think Edge got it right when they said "you're buying into a promise", if that's not your thing, no harm, no foul. The rest of us, though? Here's why we're enjoying the game as-is. It has solid mechanics and a robust multiplayer suite. And, with the integration of Steam Workshop, finding and using mods/custom content has never been easier. Even without the single-player campaign, there's plenty of single-player content to play at launch, and, let's be honest, the Arma campaigns have always been a weakness of the franchise, so, people really aren't missing much by having the game launch without it. I give it an 8 here because it's a solid game with not only immersive, but emergent gameplay, and there's really no better sandbox out there for FPS junkies. Points are deducted for being light on content at the time of release and it being a bit rough around the edges. Nothing game breaking, though. Expand
  40. Sep 12, 2013
    Poor optimization. Most of the vehicles are the same for every faction with minor differences. Only 1 jet in the game and its on the Independent faction... You would think Bluefor would get at least one jet at launch... but its not like you can even use the jet on Altis because of the insane fps drop while flying. I get 50-60 fps in editor but as soon as i join multiplayer i get about 20-30 fps.
  41. Sep 12, 2013
    This game is no better than Arma II. To be more sad this game is even much worse than previous part. I bought in alpha stage so didn't loose too much money but this title is pure money waste!!
  42. Oct 5, 2013
    Bohemia Interactive are so frustrating. They never deliver a complete game. Arma 3 looks beautiful in so many areas, like terrain, solider models. But it irritates in others like driving physics, lack of intuitive controls, dumbass ai. I so want B.I. to succeed with Arma 3 but if they keep failing to fix the same old problems, people will eventually give up on them and return to the lessBohemia Interactive are so frustrating. They never deliver a complete game. Arma 3 looks beautiful in so many areas, like terrain, solider models. But it irritates in others like driving physics, lack of intuitive controls, dumbass ai. I so want B.I. to succeed with Arma 3 but if they keep failing to fix the same old problems, people will eventually give up on them and return to the less satisfying but working games that are BF4 and COD:Ghost. Arma 3 needs a lot of fixing and refinement. Expand
  43. Sep 22, 2014
    Anything cool they could have done was scrapped. We're left with something halfway into the "future" and halfway stuck in ARMA II because people just can't suspend disbelief. Decent with mods, not very good on its own.
  44. Oct 3, 2013
    Game of the century if only it was optimised and less buggy.Runs poorly on a high spec rig and lacks depth due to the maps being very empty and un-used at this stage.I've had fun on the multiplayer but it doesn't seem to hold my interest for very long.I've been a fan since the old days but the games always seem to have too many problems to quite make them as epic as they should be.I'm gladGame of the century if only it was optimised and less buggy.Runs poorly on a high spec rig and lacks depth due to the maps being very empty and un-used at this stage.I've had fun on the multiplayer but it doesn't seem to hold my interest for very long.I've been a fan since the old days but the games always seem to have too many problems to quite make them as epic as they should be.I'm glad I bought it even if it's just to explore and "hang out" with friends for a bit, but sorry something doesn't quite sit for me.Seems like a great opportunity waiting for the right moment to blossom. Expand
  45. Sep 12, 2013
    Best ARMA game to this date. I have been playing these games since Operation Flashpoint (What a wonderfull experience) and I can tell Bohemia will add further support and content to the game in the close future. The game mechanics, the new weapons and equipment is a joy to use (drones etc.). I like the modern day setting and the HUGE map too. The game is moddable, so I will play long hoursBest ARMA game to this date. I have been playing these games since Operation Flashpoint (What a wonderfull experience) and I can tell Bohemia will add further support and content to the game in the close future. The game mechanics, the new weapons and equipment is a joy to use (drones etc.). I like the modern day setting and the HUGE map too. The game is moddable, so I will play long hours with maps... Great game but not for everybody. This is the closest I ever want to be to a war, and this is the most realistic depiction of combat, unless you are really there. Recommended! Expand
  46. Nov 18, 2013
    An amazing game which vastly improves the ArmA franchise. Although the optimizations are a bit patchy, and the game having a few strange bugs, it is significantly better than ArmA II. The new movement system, animations, weaponry, sounds, textures, lighting are amazing. The only problems I have with it is the difficult to use mission editor and the lack of hardcore, militaristic servers.An amazing game which vastly improves the ArmA franchise. Although the optimizations are a bit patchy, and the game having a few strange bugs, it is significantly better than ArmA II. The new movement system, animations, weaponry, sounds, textures, lighting are amazing. The only problems I have with it is the difficult to use mission editor and the lack of hardcore, militaristic servers. It is a game that you can mess around with, and go scuba diving with your friends in, but at the same time one where you can be super serious and help be part of an invasion to liberate an island from tyrannical forces. Everything about it is better than ArmA 2, apart from the lack of community. Expand
  47. Sep 12, 2013
    Ive been watching the developement since the start and all i could recall till this day were steps backwards. Steps backward in performance, AI, overall engine, almost everywhere.. It is still the same old bad performing arma engine. Especially when you are a top notch AMD user, stay away.. Clearly Intel was favourited here. The gunplay still has that clunk-ish feel to it and so on. I cantIve been watching the developement since the start and all i could recall till this day were steps backwards. Steps backward in performance, AI, overall engine, almost everywhere.. It is still the same old bad performing arma engine. Especially when you are a top notch AMD user, stay away.. Clearly Intel was favourited here. The gunplay still has that clunk-ish feel to it and so on. I cant give it a higher score then 3, this is rather a big hit in the face to me. Expand
  48. Sep 14, 2013
    I would give this game a 0, but I gave it a 2 for the fact that it has the potential to be good... if I could play the multiplayer.

The single-player tutorial missions are perfectly playable with a good frame-rate, but on entering multi-player I get around 8 FPS. Which makes the game pointless. What's more, the developers flatly IGNORE this issue, even though it is the biggest issue on their feedback tracker.

My PC specs are above the recommended specs but I cannot play this game. I really should be getting a refund.
  49. Mar 8, 2014
    Let's be fair, the game is still (one year since the first alpha release) in early development, much like an alpha, the irony, it stutters constantly, bad CPU/GPU-utilization for the majority of AMD/Nvidia GPU:s and AMD/Intel CPU:s, few weapons, vehicles, low-res vegetation, textures, poor physics (no recoil for armored vehicles or rifles, but most important the lack of suspension forLet's be fair, the game is still (one year since the first alpha release) in early development, much like an alpha, the irony, it stutters constantly, bad CPU/GPU-utilization for the majority of AMD/Nvidia GPU:s and AMD/Intel CPU:s, few weapons, vehicles, low-res vegetation, textures, poor physics (no recoil for armored vehicles or rifles, but most important the lack of suspension for light vehicles) and to why anyone would pay full price for this early build, remains a mystery, if you need to play ARMA, you're better of with ARMA 2. Expand
  50. Sep 12, 2013
    An unbelievable step forward! Great gameplay! Graphically sublime with most improvements focusing on animation and gameplay fluidity. I dont know how someone can put low score to this game. This game is epic! Now just waiting for FREE DLC
  51. Nov 25, 2013
    I can't even find the right words to emphasise how huge this game is. I hate myself for not buying it when it was $32, and I definitely didn't want to miss it at $45. Even for the full price ($60) this is a great purchase. Yes, it is THAT good.
  52. Feb 24, 2014
    Highly Recommended

Great Graphics, Epic Gameplay, endless options for Multiplayer modes (Though CTI and TDM are my favorite!) I fell in love with this game, it simply rocks, though one should be aware this is nothing like the BF series etc, you either love or hate Arma, as simple as that. If you like games like AA3 and Red Orchestra etc. chances are you will absolutley love Arma.
    Highly Recommended

Great Graphics, Epic Gameplay, endless options for Multiplayer modes
    (Though CTI and TDM are my favorite!)

All in all give it a try if its on a Steam Sale or if once of your friends already got it.
  53. Sep 27, 2013
    I would give a 10, but there is something that annoy me that is when you move your mouse and the car turn it wheels and don´t get back, just if you move your mouse back where it was
  54. Feb 22, 2014
    They outdid themselves. Animations have been greatly improved, graphics are terrific, and it's much more fluid than Arma 2. I fully recommend this for anybody serious about their simming.

Do not buy if you're looking for a shooter (CoD, Battlefield, CS). Arma is a military simulator - and the best there is.
  55. Nov 13, 2013
    I loved Operation Flashpoint, ARMA, to some extent ARMA II and for sure Iron Front Liberation 1944, but ARMA III....

The landscape is at best dull and featureless. It reminds me of Delta Force from 1998.... The driving is the same as before, only now I drive in mostly fantasy vehicles (or at least completely unknown and perhaps planned-for-the-future vehicles) that I have no

The driving is the same as before, only now I drive in mostly fantasy vehicles (or at least completely unknown and perhaps planned-for-the-future vehicles) that I have no emotional relation to whatsoever save that I don't like them (gut feeling). They are pretty much the same for all sides in the game, with the exact same weaponry I guess to "balance" and make each side equally strong (read: boring). In short; I don't like them at all.

The small arms are ALL boring. It's all futuristic weapons. There is not one rifle in this game that I would have wanted in real life (and I am a gun nut...). They have more realistic recoil and better sound, but.... blaahhh. No thanks.

Uniforms are rather cool, with different camo options that are actually rather nice, but... they are all ultra futuristic and to me at least that is a big no no. You can also take a uniform from a dead guy (even if you killed him with canon fire) and put it on in about 0,1 second. So you can enter a house, change uniform and exit all in a few seconds. And they call this a war simulator....

Aircraft. Futuristic choppers. At least one fixed wing aircrafts..... I was not intrigued and didn't bother checking this feature out properly.

Single-player campaign. No such thing.

Single-player scenarios. No such thing.

MP campaign/scenarios. No such thing.

You are left to make all of this yourself. Ironically this might be no big deal though, because their scenarios and campaigns in the other games they have made all SUCKS, so you would have ended up making them yourself anyhow.

The editor is superb, so you can do a lot with this game, if you want to and if you can stomach all the futuristic features.

Optimization. I don't know. It works okay on my PC, but I have never tried it with many units.

A. I. It's pretty much the same as before, only now the enemies run away much easier (I think), and then after some running change their mind and come running back again. So in effect they e. g. run away up the side of a hill, turn halfway up and come back down. So I have the time to finish their other team members off, and then wait for the runners to return so that I can shoot them too. I have no idea if that is supposed to be good A. I. or not. I don't like it though.

Graphics is good, but I feel like "what's the point when the landscape is that featureless and boring"? It's like "the one tree over there is really nice".

This game is unfinished, and doesn't appeal to me at all.

This is a game that I will not play.

I return to (a still rather bugged) Ironfront Liberation 1944, and if I wish to be shot dead by a guy with an AK with iron sight 400 meters away about 1 second after I peek out a window, I can play ARMA II. :-)

What are these game makers up to? It went downhill from Operation Flashpoint. Better technology. Better software. Worse games... go figure.
  56. Sep 18, 2013
    Having alot of experience with the Arma series since it was called Operation Flashpoint and made by Codemasters, what follows is my super condensed review:

Pros: Improved player movement Physx engine including ragdolls Improved vehicle handling Improved graphics Improved sound effects (Good, but not epic. Definitely better than previous installments) Nice break away from standard

Pros:
    Improved player movement
    Physx engine including ragdolls
    Improved vehicle handling
    Improved graphics
    Nice break away from standard US vs Russia factions
    New map of Altis, an improvement over Chernarus (Many areas are flat but the cities/towns feel much more handcrafted and real compared to chernarus which felt like you were traveling in 1970's soviet russia)

Cons:
    Limited and random fake vehicles (Only jet fighter is a modified training jet)
    Continuous performance issues from previous arma
    Outdated file system
    Editor has no improvements; anything complex or interesting requires much custom scripting which means hours of sifting through forums trying to find the right code
    Texture/model pop-ins everywhere at all times just like all previous armas

No single player campaign really is not a big deal. No one really plays arma for the single player. It's all about the m-play.
  57. Sep 26, 2013
    Gameplay is brilliant. The options are limitless, its a very complex game which takes military FPS and converts it into the most real experience a game can get you into. It has everything, from complete infantry movement, to vehicle driving, helicopter flying, tactical gameplay, action gameplay, diving missions, sniper missions, support calling etc. You can choose from various roles, likeGameplay is brilliant. The options are limitless, its a very complex game which takes military FPS and converts it into the most real experience a game can get you into. It has everything, from complete infantry movement, to vehicle driving, helicopter flying, tactical gameplay, action gameplay, diving missions, sniper missions, support calling etc. You can choose from various roles, like AT soldier, rifleman, squad leader, combat medic, and so on, and explore in multiple ways each one. Its impossible to describe the complete experience on a review.

Graphics, I dont have to go into any detail here, they are simply gorgeous. I run with a AMD 9750. You can tweak the graphics to fit your current graphics card also. When running on ultra, I uploaded some screens on my G+ account, and some friends thought the pics were real, until they gave a closer look. Honetly, this game brings up the power of PC gaming.

Content. Many people review this game as bad, because it does not have content. My response to that is that they are lazy as hell. You just need to open up the steam workshop and shuffle though the hundreds and maybe thousands in a couple of months, of user created content. Missions ranging from singleplayer, coop, multiplayer, infantry, vehicle, flying missions, diving missions, combined tactics, sandbox missions, etc etc etc etc. As I said before, cant explain the wide array of options in a single review.

Conclusion. If you are looking for your typical FPS, dont buy it. You will just be disappointed. If you are lazy, or you dont understand how a tactical game is played, or dont have the time/energy to invest into learning how to play (very steep learning curve here guys), then just dont. But if you are looking for a the best military, tactical experience, then give it a try.
  58. Mar 12, 2015
    Realistic military sandbox, what would be better than this, there is no others. BIS is making wonderful work in continous development, and end is not near.
  59. Nov 3, 2013
    I am marking my score 9, not how it is but its potential. For ArmA game people should have expected not alot of content from the start

PROS
    Great Graphics
    Very Nice Realism
    Huge Landscapes
    Variety of gamemodes, Scenarios, Missions

CONS
    Not all missions etc are here yet
    Clunky Controls
    Buggy
  60. Sep 27, 2013
    ArmA 3's true potential is nearly sabotaged by its slew of bugs and performance issues. Returning fans can expect the same military sandbox trappings of ArmA 2 but in a near-future setting. Some notable additions make movement less clunky and more intuitive, like the multiple different stances infantry can assume, which allow cover to be negotiated accurately and without exposing yourselfArmA 3's true potential is nearly sabotaged by its slew of bugs and performance issues. Returning fans can expect the same military sandbox trappings of ArmA 2 but in a near-future setting. Some notable additions make movement less clunky and more intuitive, like the multiple different stances infantry can assume, which allow cover to be negotiated accurately and without exposing yourself any more than you need to. The game is lacking a proper campaign at the time of this writing, but user missions provide more than enough content both for single and multiplayer. The greatest problem with the series has always been Bohemia's shoddy workmanship, and this game is no exception. For all its heart and promise, ArmA 3 should only be recommended to fans of military simulation or those with the patience and disposition to get the best out of ambitious games full of technical issues. Expand
  61. Apr 6, 2015
    Don't even bother with it unless you have an ultra high-end PC. Be it sheer graphical request or lack of optimization, this game eats PCs for breakfast.

Running an AMD 8150 CPU and 290X GPU, I was getting -maybe- 10-20 FPS with all the settings on their lowest in multiplayer. It just cannot happen and be enjoyable. Single player is lack luster as the game was clearly designed with a

Single player is lack luster as the game was clearly designed with a baseline training bit that tells you how to aim your weapon (and good god there are -so many ways- to aim your gun) but beyond that you're pretty much left to figure it all out through trial and error elsewhere.

Without a demo or a benchmark, it's a $60 HDD filler unless you're running some quad-SLI/crossfire **** that will certainly run it. Otherwise, you might as well hold off because Steam won't refund the money and your PC likely won't be able to run it comfortably. I want to enjoy it but simply can't with those kinds of framerates.
  62. Sep 15, 2013
    Awesome,simply the ultimate military simulation.
    Fantastic graphics and visual and pure realism.
    Incredible weapons feedback and perfect accuracy of balistic and physical.
  63. Mar 1, 2017
    One of the best games ever ! You can usse thousend of mods ore make youre own game modi! They are thouseands of server every server is different ! You can make war ala king of the hill ore you play on a real life mod server alla gta mmo !
  64. Sep 18, 2013
    I was really looking forward to this game but yeah... I am slightly happy but massively disappointed.
    1)It has good graphics but what on earth is going on with the optimization? I got Intel i5 3570k, 8gb of ram, a lot of free space on HDD and ATi 6950 SOC graphics card and I get average of 30-50 fps on minimum to standard graphics. Are you serious? I get on maxed out graphics average of 20-30 fps. This is completely stupid.
    2)The amount of vehicles suck also there are not that many weapons.
    3) maps are rather boring. Nothing interesting.

Well yes it has good points to it like
    1)physics
    2)soldiers instantly drop to the ground when they get killed in arma 2 you shot ai in the head like 10 times and then it took another 10 secs for him to drop down to the ground)

0/10 disappointing game.
  65. Sep 15, 2013
    This game is hard to review if you want to be a true "critic." First of all, it doesn't deserve a 0....those scores are just nuts. I rate games based on fun factor. Arma 3 is a really, really fun game. The graphics, physics, ability to mod, etc are great. The fun factor is out of this world. This game will keep you preoccupied for a loooong time. The term "Armaholic" exists for aThis game is hard to review if you want to be a true "critic." First of all, it doesn't deserve a 0....those scores are just nuts. I rate games based on fun factor. Arma 3 is a really, really fun game. The graphics, physics, ability to mod, etc are great. The fun factor is out of this world. This game will keep you preoccupied for a loooong time. The term "Armaholic" exists for a reason. But I'm hooked not only because of the gameplay, but also because of the editor. The editor is a blast (once you learn how to use it. And if you want to learn how to use it, watch a few Youtube videos...I suggest watching Jester814's videos. That dude knows his It's doesn't take long to learn how to create your own missions, mod bases, etc. You really can do anything you want in this game. It's a true sandbox simulation. Add the realism, fun factor, etc and you have a fun game that is well worth buying. Now the negative. If you are new to Arma (which I was), you'll jump into this game and after you say "gee whiz" to all the cool stuff, you'll start playing and then say "what the f*%k" to all the complexities. Arma has quite the learning curve. And yes, some of the muliplayer missions are crap (or you just don't know what the guys in charge want from you). I didn't know whether to take a or wind my watch on most of my first missions/sandbox games. It's easy to feel lost, but invest some time (and again, I recommend finding some great tutorials on Youtube) and you'll start really having a good time. Also, once you figure out the editor, playing your newly created masterpieces gives you a great sense of accomplishment and satisfaction, especially if you play with friends or people who are serious about the gameplay (aka NOT CoD hacks). However, the Arma community seems pretty welcoming to noobs. In fact, based on the Youtube help videos, they're all about getting you caught up so that you can add to the fun factor of the game. It's a good philosophy. The more educated you are about the game, modding, etc, the better the experience for you AND the rest of the community. Lastly, Arma is a big motherf*%king game. If you insist on running it on ultra, you'll have to have a beast of a machine. I have a pretty good rig, and it runs fine on mid-range to upper mid-range settings. That doesn't piss me off. In fact, if anything, it makes me want to start saving for a new PC. This game has so much potential, that I think I'd be more than willing to drop some cash on a badass gaming machine down the road. We'll see. In the meantime, I'm having a blast with this game and I'm pretty sure most people would, too. It requires some "fixes", but this game is all about mods, so I am sure these problems will get resolved. But in reality, it's a really well put together game. Buy it...you'll like it. Expand
  66. Sep 12, 2013
    Been playing since alpha released and very happy to have got a good deal. Had rough performance when it released, but over the course of development it has got smoother. I am personally really glad they used the prerelease format, because it has got rid of bugs and imperfection that could easily of made it into release.

On to the game, at first there was quite a lot of change, mostly in

On to the game, at first there was quite a lot of change, mostly in the controls. Changing inventory from G to I caused some early miss-haps of 'OH someone just tried loot a body and threw a grenade on the floor'. I like the graphics and the life in the game, much better from the dark and gloomy plains of arma 2.

Combat has been improved to make CQC easier, 6 degree movement, plus all the stances and abilities to hold your gun out while moving. There are lots of improvements across the board.

I played Stratis for a while, which was a good map, but too small. With the release of Altis it has made the game much more interesting to play. I love dropping in around altis to fly a heli, drive a car around or even just run around a town.

My only disappointment was the game not to release with a campaign, though I've found plenty of entertainment on armaholic.com and the steam workshop. Some people also believe there weren't enough vehicles, but if you look at the detail in the arma 3 ones compared to the arma 2 ones you'll understand why there aren't as many. Arma 3 already has loads of custom missions which are quite good, in the alpha there was even a stratis life RPG which was very fun to play.

Overall I'm glad BI didn't pack it with loads of vehicles, because it leaves more room for the community to make better ones. They've got a better game for them and modders to fill with content.
  67. Sep 14, 2013
    When this game looks, plays, and has the same amount of content as the alpha version for twice the price you have problems. Doesn't seem like this game was finished at all.
  68. Oct 10, 2013
    Pros
    Amazing Graphics
    huge scale
    Great physics
    Detailed weapons
    Good vechiles
    Cons
    At the moment lack of content
    Technical Problems
    Singleplayer maxed out runs well at around 40-80 FPS but multiplayer some servers can't handle the game and it can drop down to 15 FPS
    My Specs
    Intel i7 4820k Extreme@4.7 ghz
    Corsair 16 GB Vengeance Pro 1866 Mhz
    GTX 770 4 GB
  69. Nov 2, 2013
    Pros:
    -Good First Campaign Episode
    -Excellent Terrain -Graphics are beautiful -Good bank of user content now available over workshop -Scale is huge! Lots of fun to play -Good coop Cons -Still can feel a little clunky at points because of the action menu -Hard to optimize for lower spec PCs (especially for online play) -Some factions still feel a bit "neglected" by content, for
    Pros:
    -Good First Campaign Episode
    -Excellent Terrain
    -Graphics are beautiful
    -Good bank of user content now available over workshop
    -Scale is huge! Lots of fun to play
    -Good coop

Cons
    -Still can feel a little clunky at points because of the action menu
    -Hard to optimize for lower spec PCs (especially for online play)
    -Some factions still feel a bit "neglected" by content, for example no jets for CSAT or NATO

Overall I am thoroughly enjoying ARMA 3, and it deserves a much better score than it has at the moment, and is a enormous improvement on ARMA 2.
  70. Oct 11, 2013
    Im sad actually, as a big ArmA II player i thought things could only get better. I was wrong. The lack of polish is astonishing, the game has NOT CHANGED SINCE ALPHA! Only new content, but the FPS bug i was so annoyed with stayed the entire way. This is pretty much ArmA 2 with better graphics and less gamemodes. Buy ArmA 2 instead of this waste of money
  71. Sep 14, 2013
    I don't see why there are so many haters for this game. Yes, the multiplayer is badly optimized, but the rest of the game is glorious, the graphics, the gameplay mechanics (wich improved a lot since ArmA 2) and the physics etc. It's all just an improvement from ArmA 2, the only thing I don't like is that it's set in the future, but that doesn't matter too much.
  72. Nov 2, 2013
    People rating this down and saying there is not enouph vehicul or graphic are not good are sound if fake seem to forget what other games are offering. Arma 3 have 10x more vehicule than any game done in the past, the graphic are better than most game, and the sound of rifle are realistic,not like the dwoned down sound of hollywood action movie. people seem to have a fantasy of what a gamePeople rating this down and saying there is not enouph vehicul or graphic are not good are sound if fake seem to forget what other games are offering. Arma 3 have 10x more vehicule than any game done in the past, the graphic are better than most game, and the sound of rifle are realistic,not like the dwoned down sound of hollywood action movie. people seem to have a fantasy of what a game should be, but seem to forget that no other game if opffering even half of what arma 3 is offering. It have the biggest map of any game done. It is almost 2x washington dc. How can you say othewr game have better fps when the map is 100x smaller and you cant snipe someone from 2.5 km away. With the map full of AI to process on a gigantic map. Dont be stupid and compare a little BF map of couple meter to a whole living world. Sure arma coulod be better optimised, but no other game is offering what we have with arma 3 and no with 10 of dlc after or whatnot Expand
  73. Sep 12, 2013
    Well first off, before you buy this game save up for a new PC, other than that you'll be sweet! Now I've played this game since alpha, and there have been significant improvements through out the course. If you're looking for a very realistic modern warfare game, then this is for you.

The game is a 1st/3rd person tactical shooter war simulator, it has so many things that make it realistic, such as bullet drop physics, bullets being extremely deadly, and head shots killing instantly. Arma 3 requires patience and tactical planning continuously in order to be successful. It is a very slowly paced game, unlike Battlefield 3 and Call of Duty or any other 1st person shooter in that matter. The game has various soldier classes such as the medic, engineer and recon etc. which you can pick to your liking. Teamwork is also of the essence here, you need team mates watching your backs and providing cover fire wherever possible. Another cool feature is the ability to swim underwater and scuba dive!

Vehicle are done well, helicopters actually are a bit tricky to fly if you haven't done so before. there are different vehicle to choose from such as trucks with big guns on top of them, boats etc. As mentioned before, bullets are deadly, so cover is essential as well as stealth. When you engage enemies you actually feel like you're engaging in war and you can feel the adrenaline rush through your body!

There are single player missions as well, not the best ones but they can assist you in your training. You can also play co op modes with friends! There are also heaps of different guns to choose from, including assault rifles and sniper rifles, you name it! 1st person view offers full body awareness and you can go prone and all those small things.

Another cool feature is the ability to talk (VOIP) to other players near your location, so when you're engaging enemies you can actually taunt them and scare them. There is also vehicle chat, team chat etc.

Overall an 8 out of ten.
    Pro's:
    -Makes adrenaline rush through your body
    -Realistic bullet drop
    -Various weapons and vehicles to choose from
    -Very fun tactical game play.
    -very nicely done VOIP system
    -Good graphics if you got the system to run it
    -Co-op and
    Cons:
    -Graphic requirements are quite demanding You have been warned!
    -It can get boring sometimes when there is no action, sometimes you wont even shoot anyone for hours.
    -you can't jump, which is a bit odd
    -Controls can be a bit sticky at the start, but you get used to it

So yes, a must buy if you love realistic games.
  74. Sep 13, 2013
    A really well made and detailed simulator. The best military simulator available. It's so much better than ArmA II in every way, if you are even slightly interested on owning a military sim this is what you should buy.
  75. Sep 24, 2013
    Potential buyers please read: This is not Battlefield. This is not CoD. If you're looking for an arcade shoot-em-up you will be disappointed. If you cannot flank a position or take cover quickly, you're gonna have a bad time. This is the ARMA engine. It has bugs. It's always had bugs. Don't expect some grand, cinematic campaign either, as this game is a sandbox made for modding first andPotential buyers please read: This is not Battlefield. This is not CoD. If you're looking for an arcade shoot-em-up you will be disappointed. If you cannot flank a position or take cover quickly, you're gonna have a bad time. This is the ARMA engine. It has bugs. It's always had bugs. Don't expect some grand, cinematic campaign either, as this game is a sandbox made for modding first and foremost.

Sorry had to get that out of the way
    Improvement on the arma 2 engine, it feels a lot smoother. Great gunplay and awesome tactical situations. These games seriously ruined all other shooters for me. Modding community is awesome, and it's only gonna get bigger. Altis Life and DUWS is what I'm playin right now. Can't really rate the base game, because I'll play the campaign once and then put 120 hours into various mods. So I'll give a 9/10 for the hours of entertainment I'm getting
  76. Jan 14, 2014
    ArmA III is, unfortuntely, a failed experiment to launch the franchise in a new bold direction. Perhaps calling it a failed experiment is too harsh, but what do you call it when a bunch of hardcore arma vets (myself and my clan) who loved the arma franchise, stop playing it and go back to ArmA II with only putting less than 15 hours into ArmA III.

Well, it says a lot, and I mean truly a

Well, it says a lot, and I mean truly a lot, about the game when a new member of our clan who never played ArmA II absoloutely love ArmA III. It speaks wonders about the games streamlined appeal to those who never played ArmA II before. We even got a member who didn't like ArmA II but loves ArmA III. That's because to its credit the new one is a lot easier to get into and a lot more user friendly.

ArmA III is naturally going to be judged and compared to its previous title. Some people tend to forget that ArmA I and II were both launched in a very bad state while lacking a lot of content, but it was accepted by the community for what it is. ArmA III has gone down the mainstream road without adopting a new approach for the mainstream community. The standards were raised for the next title in the franchise yet the developers didn't deliver.

The main issue here, when comparing the launch of the previous titles, is that the developers have consistently said they were aiming less content, more quality. An approach that they've taken very seriously to the detriment of the new title. We are just starting the New Year and the developers have done very little for the game, content wise. The pace is a lot, lot slower than previous titles. One might attribute this to the higher quality being put into ArmA III, which may be true, it may indeed lenghten the process.

But how long has ArmA III being in development? How many shuffles and re-designs did it undergo? There is no doubt about it; its a rushed job. The fact that the game released, yes, RELEASED, with hardly any content to call it a game and without a campaign is a joke. The first episode of the campaign is also, personally, a major disappointment. The developers also seem more focused on showcasing community missions rather than issuing development blogs.

We are not being fooled...

Another miscarriage in the arma franchise is the creative design and the cons of bringing the series into the future. We've got a creative designer who is dreadful, just dreadful, at what he does. The armor/uniform designs of the units are horrendous, the vehicles they decided to put in are failed prototypes that have no chance of appearing in any future warfare and it seems that rather than being put into the future, the whole concept of warfare took a step back.

I will say to its credit that Altos is, while somewhat barren, is indeed a wonderful landscape to play on. The graphics are wonderful and the optimisation done in the post launch period has been fantastic. The AI itself, while not up to the standards of ASR-AI (mod for ArmA II) it has certainly improved over the vanilla AI.

But, the devs can't be forgven for taking a much loved franchise and turning it into what it is now.
  77. Sep 15, 2013
    Amazing game. Huge improvement over Arma 2. Best military sim out there. Don't know what's up with people giving this game a bad score. I have barely any bugs or frame rate issues.
  78. Sep 27, 2013
    To compensate for all these cod fanboys giving the game a 0 out of 10 becouse they cant have theyr twitch shooter expirience ill give it 10/10.

Cons : Poor optimization. Narrow selection of weapons vehicles. AI that sences where you are gonna pop up. Pros : Fun as with friends. Map editor. MODS. ADDONS. Looks good & sounds good. Map is huge as probably takes like

Cons :

Poor optimization.
    Narrow selection of weapons vehicles.
    AI that sences where you are gonna pop up.

Pros :

Fun as with friends.
    Map editor.
    MODS.
    ADDONS.
    Looks good & sounds good.
    Map is huge as probably takes like 5-7 hours to run across it.
    Physics.
    ++++ alot more things but ill keep this short

Overall its same quality as arma 2 but that new movement fluidness and difirent stances make it better for me .

Also people saying that it shouldnt cost as much as AAA games well you should have bought it when it was in alpha for 25 Stupid ppl will be stupid
  79. Sep 12, 2013
    Unfinished product, bugs, poor performance with hi end PC, Arma 3 is a promise of something, but they take money for a promise, not fair. A lot of missing contents for the most disappointing game of the year.
  80. Sep 12, 2013
    Compare to the other games, with the right players it can achieve more, we don't need call of duty fans
    to play this game and say, "Omg this game sux ballz, i cnt run faster, i cant shoot anything omg"
    so, if you hate a Real and intense game play don't buy this game, it need communication and team work,
    which simply no kid in cod has ever done before
  81. Feb 14, 2014
    First of all, I feel like a lot of people who have rated this game in the mid-lower range have really trivial complaints. No only that but it looks like they posted the day after it came out of beta and was fully released. I've had this game since it was first released into beta, after alpha, and I would have rated it a 9 then. The mechanics, inventory, and combat are all solid. I can'tFirst of all, I feel like a lot of people who have rated this game in the mid-lower range have really trivial complaints. No only that but it looks like they posted the day after it came out of beta and was fully released. I've had this game since it was first released into beta, after alpha, and I would have rated it a 9 then. The mechanics, inventory, and combat are all solid. I can't remember the last time I witnessed a bug except maybe a hat showing up as a red hat in inventory and a fedora on my character, seriously. Not only are there a ton of multiplayer coop servers up, there are also the Wasteland servers on both Altis and Stratis. With the different Wasteland servers up with different coding this supplies a HUGE wealth of gameplay alone. The community is great which is a really big part of any MMO. When I play stuff like Counter Strike I just rage because of all the brats that TK if you want to throw down a strat they can't handle. I've met more people by way of grouping to loot and take down other groups so many times on Arma games and this is no different. This is a bit all over the place but the game is just incredibly fun. It doesn't get any better, honestly. Get a few friends together, hop in a codefour Wasteland server and secure one objective, you'll be hooked. Expand
  82. Oct 12, 2013
    Is this a bad game? No far from it, Arma 3 does improve on a lot of things from the previous Arma. The gear interface is much easier to use and the HUD is a lot less clunky than it used to be. The game is a visual treat for a game of it's size but of course it does have it's cons that make me not want to play it. For instance: Where did the large arsenal of vehicles go? The small amount ofIs this a bad game? No far from it, Arma 3 does improve on a lot of things from the previous Arma. The gear interface is much easier to use and the HUD is a lot less clunky than it used to be. The game is a visual treat for a game of it's size but of course it does have it's cons that make me not want to play it. For instance: Where did the large arsenal of vehicles go? The small amount of vehicles in a game so large is a massive blow as variation is key to making a good game. However, the guns in Arma 3 are much more diverse and it does take a bit of use to find your "golden gun." The UAV system is nice, I like it a lot more than the ones in ARMA 2. But the thing I feel that lets this game down is the lack of campaign mode, and that most of the most popular game modes online are mods, which doesn't say much about Bohemia Interactive's skill to make fun game modes. Overall I give this game a 7 because there are some faults still in it that need ironing out but other than that the game is actually pretty cool. Expand
  83. Jan 27, 2014
    Ridiculously realistic movement, aiming & shooting. Ridiculously realistic representation of Lemnos & S. Stratis.
    It's worth buying it just for the choosing of these two Greek islands for a battle terrain.
  84. Sep 14, 2013
    This recent iteration of the ArmA series has completely revamped warfare. Major graphical improvements, animation improvements, sound improvements and meticulous detail make the third ArmA a beautiful engine, the only in its class, to deserve the title of "military simulator." The series has made vast improvements to game play, allowing much more fluid combat, allowing the players toThis recent iteration of the ArmA series has completely revamped warfare. Major graphical improvements, animation improvements, sound improvements and meticulous detail make the third ArmA a beautiful engine, the only in its class, to deserve the title of "military simulator." The series has made vast improvements to game play, allowing much more fluid combat, allowing the players to experience the situation without being impeded by bugs and issues that plagued prior titles.

This is not your standard arcade shooter, this is a military simulator and as such will not be enjoyed on the same level if you were to pursue a casual game, though that is still a possibility. This game really shines when you play with friends, in a cooperative squad. The large support for content creators is also a nice feature, although content creation is not unique to this iteration, with the implementation of Steam Workshop the installation of this content to any individual player of your squad becomes a painless experience. You will never be limited to playing the same scenario repeatedly because at any moment one of your friends could create, or discover, a mission on Workshop that your squad will wholeheartedly enjoy. In the prior iterations there was an enormous amount of content, however, due to the shear amount of content the quality of each individual item lacked. As it stands at the time of this writing, there is a limited amount of content, though each item is detailed, tested, and balanced to assure a quality that is unparalleled. One of the amazing things about this game is truly the ability to create anything you want within the game.

As any good game will undoubtedly have, there is a down side. As stated before, there is a limited amount of content, while this content is very high quality and very detailed, the low number is a bit disappointing compared to prior iterations. This game is also very demanding of even modern systems, the developers even stating that the "Ultra" setting found in the game was not designed with modern systems in mind, but for future hardware. With the release Bohemia also stated that the campaign will be released in free episodic packs every month, while not convenient, is not necessarily a bad thing.

The developers have already expressed their concern with the lacking amount of items to use in game and have stated that just as they have done with previous titles, they will continue to release new vehicles, weapons, etc. In addition, the developers have made great strides in optimization of the game in the past and will hopefully continue to do so, but optimization can only go so far as the issue is deeply rooted in the series' engine.

All in all, I find this game a large source of entertainment that can only continue to get better as Bohemia and the modding community continues to improve the collection and quality of what is available to us, the players. I would highly recommend anyone to at least give this game an attempt, while ArmA is not for everyone, and never has been, it can offer an unparalleled amount of realism, strategy, and cooperation compared to the "industry standard" type of shooters we find today.
  85. Sep 13, 2013
    Altis is great terrain and ArmA 3 is huge improvement in the series. Its not bugfest as previous instalments so I can recommend if you dont mind higher difficulty than COD of BF and that campaign is to be added later.
  86. Sep 19, 2013
    Gotta give this a 8 for the game editor, so I can play OFFLINE WITH BOTS! So many games are missing this feature these days, it even have lan which is great. Also campaign dlc s are coming for free so people should chill a little for now.
  87. Sep 15, 2013
    Great game and a huge step up from Arma 2 good work Bohemia Interactive. Multiplier is were this game shines but the powerful editor is just as good. I don't know why some people are going out about no campaign just make your own and they've already said they will add it in the future. In conclusion there's still things to improve on of course and I wish this game was in the modern eraGreat game and a huge step up from Arma 2 good work Bohemia Interactive. Multiplier is were this game shines but the powerful editor is just as good. I don't know why some people are going out about no campaign just make your own and they've already said they will add it in the future. In conclusion there's still things to improve on of course and I wish this game was in the modern era not the future, but the core game is excellent. Highly recommended for realistic military war buffs. Expand
  88. Sep 12, 2013
    Arma 3 feels so much like just DLC for Arma 2. It was in development for a long time but is still missing Singleplayer campaing and its content is very thin. Also its not a modern day shooter. It tries to be a simulator of being a soldier but unfortunately that brings some bad things implemented. The only way to move around map is in vehicles, if u dont have any at ur position then u areArma 3 feels so much like just DLC for Arma 2. It was in development for a long time but is still missing Singleplayer campaing and its content is very thin. Also its not a modern day shooter. It tries to be a simulator of being a soldier but unfortunately that brings some bad things implemented. The only way to move around map is in vehicles, if u dont have any at ur position then u are sc*****. Also snipers are a huge pain in the ass. Gameplay is good, graphics improvement is nice too. I dont know what to think about BI promises but right now, i wouldnt recommend it too much. If you are a war simulator fan then buy it, if not, dont buy it. Expand
  89. Sep 12, 2013
    ---Rating--- Design: 4 /5 (infantry focus is generally nice, but does mean less combined arms assets) Polish: 4 /5 (nice graphics, but slightly buggy at times, and the interface can be frustrating) Value: 4 /5 (currently limited in content, but this will inevitably change for great replay value) ---Review--- ARMA is the premier platform for military simulation experiences on the market,---Rating--- Design: 4 /5 (infantry focus is generally nice, but does mean less combined arms assets) Polish: 4 /5 (nice graphics, but slightly buggy at times, and the interface can be frustrating) Value: 4 /5 (currently limited in content, but this will inevitably change for great replay value) ---Review--- ARMA is the premier platform for military simulation experiences on the market, and there are reasons that I refer to it as a platform rather than a game. To my knowledge the ARMA series has always been this way, and that represents much of its unique appeal. Unfortunately, judging by some of these other reviews, there are still many people who didn't get the memo that playing ARMA for its singleplayer is like playing Bioshock or Mass Effect for multiplayer.

As for the quality of ARMA 3, an extraordinarily rocky development process hasn't held things back too much, all things considered. Infantry mechanics work well, with the exception of terrain collision, which leads to the player getting stuck or AI glitching into the ground on a semi-regular basis. Vehicles also generally work as intended, but I find that their damage models feel rather abrupt and inconsistent, and this results in many a sudden and unexpected fiery death. The maps are generally very nice, but Altis could use more in the way of unique landmarks, and disappointingly most of its few unique buildings can not be entered.

All in all, ARMA 3 generally accomplishes what it has set out to do, but to some extent its overall fidelity makes those few deficiencies all the more glaring. If you have missed out on joining the Alpha or Beta (and thus buying it at a discount), I would recommend that you wait to purchase ARMA 3 until they add more content. It's not exactly what one would call a "full game" in its current state, even though the price has increased substantially with this "official release". However, for those who have bought this game months ago like myself, it's a great value that will continue to pay off for a long time.
  90. Sep 12, 2013
    This game is THE BEST Military Third/Fps game ever,,,, Ground breaking graphics makes war even real tactics and planning every step you take is awesome Great war atmosphere Unlike Cod/Battlefield You have to be aware in Every step you take Cuz You can be shot 400 miter away Best Simulation Game Ever. XD
    Pros:
    -Awesome and Ground Breaking Graphics.(Maybe One of the best looking games
    Pros:
    -Awesome and Ground Breaking Graphics.(Maybe One of the best looking games ever)
    -Tactics and real gameplay
    -Sounds in game are awesome you'll feel like the war is at the neighberhood.
    -Steam Workshop.(can play any user created mission instantley and our community is creative as hell)
    -Exciting and awesome Multiplayer (tension and stress makes adrenaline pump in your veins)
    -6 months the devs was making Tweaks to it so you will experince no bugs most of the time

Cons:
    -Low fps when playing multiplayer(a 20/30 Drop in fps When playing multi) Devs may fix this after release.
    -Single player compaigne will be delivered as free dlc after release (Some pple prefer to play singleplayer So these pple will be turned off)
  91. Sep 17, 2013
    No single player. That sums up Arma 3's position. It doesn't care about the single player experience. Not in the least. So you can take your single-player, solo gaming fool self on out of here. We don't want your business.
  92. Sep 18, 2013
    I'd like this game. I don't understand why so many guys make negative reviews to this game. The game is very realistic and just awesome. We got traditional ARMA, but in new box, and its really awesome. Guys, who saying, that optimization is bad didnt played in ARMA 2, because there optimisation was much worse. So, i can recomend this game you, if you arent COD-child. If you dont welcomeI'd like this game. I don't understand why so many guys make negative reviews to this game. The game is very realistic and just awesome. We got traditional ARMA, but in new box, and its really awesome. Guys, who saying, that optimization is bad didnt played in ARMA 2, because there optimisation was much worse. So, i can recomend this game you, if you arent COD-child. If you dont welcome to battle. Expand
  93. Sep 14, 2013
    There's rarely ever any Australian servers. There's no single player campaign (at this stage, why even release the thing if there's no campaign yet?). It's very poorly optimised to the point where 25 fps is a blessing in multiplayer. Sync issues near constantly. Gunplay feels clunky and low-impact.

I truly can't recommend this as a finished product. Should've stayed in Beta imo.
  94. Dec 1, 2013
    Bethesda has always said this would have delayed-single player content due to the Greek imprisonment issue seriously harming their scheduled. So it's amazing to me that people bash the game over its absence on launch.

Pros: ArmA III has seen its engine refined to near perfection, and has incorporated many improvements such as underwater environments, updated mission editor, radio

Pros:

ArmA III has seen its engine refined to near perfection, and has incorporated many improvements such as underwater environments, updated mission editor, radio range,weapon, attire, and item customization, ballistic penetration tables, and so much more.

Graphics 8/10
    AI 9/10
    Sound 10/10
    Ballistics- 7/10
    Aesthetics- 9/10
    World size 10/10

Cons:

The problems with ArmA III can be summed up with three things. Balance, lack of content, and slight casual changes. While still nothing as bad as games like RomeII, ArmA III does introduce things such as everyone being able to administer treatment as well as medics, slightly increased reloading speeds, and a few other minor yet noticeable things. For a simulation this is a very bad direction to go toward, but they are also not profound changes and in the end very minor. Balance issues are a problem however, with the underpowered 6.5 and 5.56 sized rounds offering no benefit against the larger 7.62, while also taking several more rounds to kill. This is a serious problem for infantry combat and has really dictated what people use in multiplayer.

Balance: 4/10
    Casual change
    Lack of content (discounting single player)

Overall its a great game, far superior to games like CoD and battlefield. It's worth every Dollar, Euro, or Pound of its purchase price.
  95. Sep 12, 2013
    Best military sandbox full around .

Love how bohemia decided to work with full transparency and intensive test /feedback by the community every developer should do it Open Alpha Open Beta and all with a feedback tracker this is the way. Its true we donìt have many of the most requested features by the community but the game all in all is enjoyable and what is there is
    Best military sandbox full around .

Its true we donìt have many of the most requested features by the community but the game all in all is enjoyable and what is there is polished .
    then we can be sure that more cool things will come in the future this game will keep improving with patch after patch now that they released it and they can risk more

I give it a 8 because there is a lack of main features requested by the community if I had to consider just that I paid it 25 then quality/price I would give this game maybe a 9
  96. Sep 18, 2013
    To those who have played previous ARMA games you know what your getting into. But for those who haven't the game is a gritty military simulation and is insanely complex for new players to the series. However the best parts of the beta are when you sit back and look at the amazing world that the devs spent so long creating.

Although the game isn't optimized that well and there are few

Although the game isn't optimized that well and there are few bugs here and there, but these are things that i can overlook as game play is solid and is well worth purchase on steam.
  97. Nov 9, 2013
    Fantastic title. Delivers the true Operation Flashpoint experience, and over time it will just grow and grow in terms of both quality and content, just as BIS's previous titles have.
  98. Sep 12, 2013
    So many promises, so little content. The features that currently are in the game are great, but there's simply not enough content to keep me playing. Multiplayer in its current state is an unoptimized mess, it used to be better before the last update. The only content that's currently worth playing is fanmade (mods and custom scenarios). This "release" was clearly rushed, why not releaseSo many promises, so little content. The features that currently are in the game are great, but there's simply not enough content to keep me playing. Multiplayer in its current state is an unoptimized mess, it used to be better before the last update. The only content that's currently worth playing is fanmade (mods and custom scenarios). This "release" was clearly rushed, why not release the game when the campaign is done? At least we'll get it as free DLC in three episodic releases. Hopefully. Expand
  99. Sep 20, 2013
    power of arma is in modding and community, it is improved a lot since previous titles and BIS will support its development further, i'm not an average player and can be considered ofp/arma fanboi and arma2 is the only game i've played regularly at least once a week for the last 6 years and i will continue to play in arma3 no doubt, it's not the game for everyone, most of the people shouldpower of arma is in modding and community, it is improved a lot since previous titles and BIS will support its development further, i'm not an average player and can be considered ofp/arma fanboi and arma2 is the only game i've played regularly at least once a week for the last 6 years and i will continue to play in arma3 no doubt, it's not the game for everyone, most of the people should by bf4 instead Expand
  100. Sep 12, 2013
    This game is worth every cent. It truly is boundless. It is highly polished after months of beta testing and directly interacting with the Devs on what direction to take. The result is a game that I will play for years to come. I have 300 hours put into it and it wasnt released yet.

1. Mar 26, 2014
    There's something about Bohemia's world-building that inspires people. Importantly though, Arma 3's vanilla content now stands on equal footing with those third-party inspirations. It's still a little rough around the edges, but it's a darned impressive package nonetheless.
  2. Nov 22, 2013
    Arma 3 seems to have a lot to offer in terms of multiplayer, but still not so much for the player looking to the single player experience.
  3. Oct 31, 2013
    With Arma 3, Bohemia made a big step towards a unified platform for its military shooters, but at the same time took two steps back in regards to actual game content. Only the most hardcore fans will enjoy Arma 3 in its current form.