7.2

1. Sep 13, 2013
    The best military based game period. Anyone scoring this game less than 9 are being paid off by competing companies or are COD twitch retards. Good support, tons of content, the best gaming community out there, amazing graphics and gameplay. A great successor to Arma 1 and Arma 2 and worth every penny.
  2. Nov 2, 2013
    Compared with ARMA2, the game-play is much more fluid, smoother, more FPS-like. Don't expect CoD stile game-play, but that's a good thing. Team-play, as always with ARMA series, is essential.

The weapons and vehicles are all fictional (due to royalties restrictions), but they all feel real and there is a good balance between the factions' gear. The community no-doubt will fix this.
    There are already quite a few of 'replacements' like the SA80 assault rifle and a full US/Russian weapons. Many more are in the pipeline.

Recently, the first chapter of a campaign has been released as a free DLC with very well done, really enjoyable game-play.

You do need a fairly powerful PC, but the game is less resource-intensive than ARMA2. I can run almost everything maxed up on a 2 year old machine (only turned down shadows and removed AA as I run it at full resolution).

To enjoy the game play you need to spend some time to learn the controls, not just for the soldiers, but also for the different vehicles, UAV, robots etc. There is also a command set of instructions where you don't need to get into the fight, but manage the battlefield groups to fulfill the mission. Aslo, don't forget the scuba divers a first in the ARMA environment under-water warfare!

The mission editor is even more powerful than ever and there are plenty of community-created missions available to download either via STEAM or from various websites. You can create large multi-unit battles or smaller building-clearing type of missions the last now works better than ever as it wasn't a strong point in previous ARMAs .

This game has got some quirks, but for the kind of scale it covers huge terrain, multitude of units, weapons, vehicles etc. it is a truly enjoyable battlefield simulation off-line or on-line.

Bohemia Interactive's constant support for the game, dedicated server files, modding tools brings a breath of fresh air in the FPS world at a time when other FPS games (BF and CoD) are now console games, a constant more and more expensive re-hash of the same, with a very closed server environment.

Well done Bohemia Interactive! And thank you!
  3. Sep 14, 2013
    This is ridiculous, most of the critics have no place to even review this title as they are evidently clueless about this particular title. If you criticize Arma for its "lack of content", then you have no idea what you're reviewing, the Arma series has survived since its first game almost a decade ago, never because of it's "rich content"? It's the incredible platform it brings that allows the extremely active and dedicated community to work on, the fact that DayZ was an example to show how it revived the sales of a 3-4 year old game back up to the top of the steam sales supports that. ARMA 3, for anyone who knows the series, is a giant leap, in performance, in graphics, and in game mechanics. Now it's up to the community, like they did with Arma 2, to bring its full potential, I for one am happy to be part of it, and am patiently waiting for more, both from Bohemia and the modders.

Frankly, I don't even want to see this title on Metacritic, it has no place here to be reviewed by people who clearly don't have a clue. Far too many people expect the fluidity of Battlefield only to find themselves in a completely different realm, while DayZ brought the series to the light of the mainstream, which can only be a good thing as Bohemia evidently used extra profit and poured it into this new title, it has also brought in a lot of bad apples into the community, expecting the wrong things, demanding the wrong things, and criticizing it for not delivering. Review this for what it is, not impose your unrealistic expectation based on other titles onto this.
  4. Nov 21, 2013
    Awesome game with great potential, it still has various issues such as poor optimization and a general lack of content but that's to be expected, personally I think the game should still be in beta state rather than release but I fully expect and trust Bohemia Interactive to fix these issues and provide more official content in future, unlike many other game developers they actually listen to player feedback.

The overall feel of the game is much improved from ArmA 2, movement in particular is a lot more fluid which makes ground combat a whole lot easier, the user interface is also a lot cleaner making gear management relatively simple compared with previous games in the series, the only thing I am really disappointed in is the weapons, there seems to be a lot less variety and many of the much loved classic weapons are gone in favor of fictional futuristic weaponry.

While the game is not the best at the moment the future for it looks very good, there is already an active modding community around it producing some great content, so I'd highly recommend ArmA 3, although if you're looking for more polish I suggest waiting maybe 6 months or so.
  5. Sep 17, 2013
    ArmA 3 is the best military simulation title. It is really a fantastic product. Can't wait for the DLCs and all the additional expansion. This is WAR.
  6. Sep 14, 2013
    Arma 3 is a BIG step forward, after arma 2! Better animations, new physics engine, better sounds, much much better looking graphics. The Mediterranean setting, is really a fresh breath in gaming industry. Realistic looking huge map Altis, which were made by real life island Lemnos. Very detailed vehicles, soldiers, weaponry. I can go on, arma has literrarry no limits in creativity, it offers easy to use editor, which offeres all kind of mission making. Payday a like, ghost recon-stealth a like. GTA a like RPG like missions, sandbox unique mission called wasteland, large scale battlefield mission warfare or capture the island. Tons of fun coop missions. All that can be found in steam workshop and on multiplay servers. Arma is a differnt kind of game, the devs offer you a big platform, to build on.

Only few contras, like missing campaign and fixed wing planes for bluefor and opfor, which was announced long before release date, and will be released weeks later as FREE DLC, which isn't a big deal for me!
  7. Sep 12, 2013
    An unbelievable step forward! Great gameplay! Graphically sublime with most improvements focusing on animation and gameplay fluidity. I dont know how someone can put low score to this game. This game is epic! Now just waiting for FREE DLC
  8. Nov 25, 2013
    I can't even find the right words to emphasise how huge this game is. I hate myself for not buying it when it was $32, and I definitely didn't want to miss it at $45. Even for the full price ($60) this is a great purchase. Yes, it is THAT good.
  9. Feb 24, 2014
    Highly Recommended Great Graphics, Epic Gameplay, endless options for Multiplayer modes (Though CTI and TDM are my favorite!) I fell in love with this game, it simply rocks, though one should be aware this is nothing like the BF series etc, you either love or hate Arma, as simple as that. If you like games like AA3 and Red Orchestra etc. chances are you will absolutley love Arma.

All in all give it a try if its on a Steam Sale or if once of your friends already got it.
  10. Feb 22, 2014
    They outdid themselves. Animations have been greatly improved, graphics are terrific, and it's much more fluid than Arma 2. I fully recommend this for anybody serious about their simming.

Do not buy if you're looking for a shooter (CoD, Battlefield, CS). Arma is a military simulator - and the best there is.
  11. Oct 3, 2013
    I have played games with console and PC since 90's and this is best game i have played.
    I have played this game ~100h, and it gets better and better.
    Many reviewers don't understand that this game is platform/sandbox, i don't miss campaign...

It have bugs and problems, but BIS really is fixing them!
  12. Sep 15, 2013
    Awesome,simply the ultimate military simulation.
    Fantastic graphics and visual and pure realism.
    Incredible weapons feedback and perfect accuracy of balistic and physical.
  13. Oct 10, 2013
    Pros
    Amazing Graphics
    huge scale
    Great physics
    Detailed weapons
    Good vechiles
    Cons
    At the moment lack of content
    Technical Problems
    Singleplayer maxed out runs well at around 40-80 FPS but multiplayer some servers can't handle the game and it can drop down to 15 FPS
    My Specs
    Intel i7 4820k Extreme@4.7 ghz
    Corsair 16 GB Vengeance Pro 1866 Mhz
    GTX 770 4 GB
  14. Nov 2, 2013
    People rating this down and saying there is not enouph vehicul or graphic are not good are sound if fake seem to forget what other games are offering. Arma 3 have 10x more vehicule than any game done in the past, the graphic are better than most game, and the sound of rifle are realistic,not like the dwoned down sound of hollywood action movie. people seem to have a fantasy of what a game should be, but seem to forget that no other game if opffering even half of what arma 3 is offering. It have the biggest map of any game done. It is almost 2x washington dc. How can you say othewr game have better fps when the map is 100x smaller and you cant snipe someone from 2.5 km away. With the map full of AI to process on a gigantic map. Dont be stupid and compare a little BF map of couple meter to a whole living world. Sure arma coulod be better optimised, but no other game is offering what we have with arma 3 and no with 10 of dlc after or whatnot Expand
  15. Sep 15, 2013
    Amazing game. Huge improvement over Arma 2. Best military sim out there. Don't know what's up with people giving this game a bad score. I have barely any bugs or frame rate issues.
  16. Sep 27, 2013
    To compensate for all these cod fanboys giving the game a 0 out of 10 becouse they cant have theyr twitch shooter expirience ill give it 10/10. Cons : Poor optimization. Narrow selection of weapons vehicles. AI that sences where you are gonna pop up. Pros : Fun as with friends. Map editor. MODS. ADDONS. Looks good & sounds good. Map is huge as probably takes like 5-7 hours to run across it.
    Physics.
    ++++ alot more things but ill keep this short

Overall its same quality as arma 2 but that new movement fluidness and difirent stances make it better for me .

Also people saying that it shouldnt cost as much as AAA games well you should have bought it when it was in alpha for 25 Stupid ppl will be stupid
  17. Sep 12, 2013
    Compare to the other games, with the right players it can achieve more, we don't need call of duty fans
    to play this game and say, "Omg this game sux ballz, i cnt run faster, i cant shoot anything omg"
    so, if you hate a Real and intense game play don't buy this game, it need communication and team work,
    which simply no kid in cod has ever done before
  18. Jan 27, 2014
    Ridiculously realistic movement, aiming & shooting. Ridiculously realistic representation of Lemnos & S. Stratis.
    It's worth buying it just for the choosing of these two Greek islands for a battle terrain.
  19. Sep 12, 2013
    This game is THE BEST Military Third/Fps game ever,,,, Ground breaking graphics makes war even real tactics and planning every step you take is awesome Great war atmosphere Unlike Cod/Battlefield You have to be aware in Every step you take Cuz You can be shot 400 miter away Best Simulation Game Ever. XD
    Pros:
    -Awesome and Ground Breaking Graphics.(Maybe One of the best looking games
    ever)
    -Tactics and real gameplay
    -Sounds in game are awesome you'll feel like the war is at the neighberhood.
    -Steam Workshop.(can play any user created mission instantley and our community is creative as hell)
    -Exciting and awesome Multiplayer (tension and stress makes adrenaline pump in your veins)
    -6 months the devs was making Tweaks to it so you will experince no bugs most of the time

Cons:
    -Low fps when playing multiplayer(a 20/30 Drop in fps When playing multi) Devs may fix this after release.
    -Single player compaigne will be delivered as free dlc after release (Some pple prefer to play singleplayer So these pple will be turned off)
  20. Sep 18, 2013
    I'd like this game. I don't understand why so many guys make negative reviews to this game. The game is very realistic and just awesome. We got traditional ARMA, but in new box, and its really awesome. Guys, who saying, that optimization is bad didnt played in ARMA 2, because there optimisation was much worse. So, i can recomend this game you, if you arent COD-child. If you dont welcome to battle. Expand
  21. Nov 9, 2013
    Fantastic title. Delivers the true Operation Flashpoint experience, and over time it will just grow and grow in terms of both quality and content, just as BIS's previous titles have.
  22. Sep 20, 2013
    power of arma is in modding and community, it is improved a lot since previous titles and BIS will support its development further, i'm not an average player and can be considered ofp/arma fanboi and arma2 is the only game i've played regularly at least once a week for the last 6 years and i will continue to play in arma3 no doubt, it's not the game for everyone, most of the people should by bf4 instead Expand
  23. Sep 12, 2013
    This game is worth every cent. It truly is boundless. It is highly polished after months of beta testing and directly interacting with the Devs on what direction to take. The result is a game that I will play for years to come. I have 300 hours put into it and it wasnt released yet.
  24. Sep 12, 2013
    I have follow the Armed Assault series since Cold War Assault, and I have to say that ArmA III is a great addition to the series. The graphics are wonderful and the game has unlimited gameplay. I can not wait for all the community created content.
  25. Sep 12, 2013
    It's everything you enjoy, don't trust anybody else THIS IS IT. the best game of all time, Bohemia amped up the gameplay and made one of the best games yet and to date.

GG...

P.S: can't wait for a campaign, if there is one :P
  26. Sep 12, 2013
    A lot of people are reviewing this game and not doing it justice. This is game is more like a platform. I have been playing since the Alpha released and have played the series since the very first one OPFP. I can clearly say this one takes the cake. The potential for this game as a platform for Milsim is just incredible. To truly appreciate this game, it should be played with a milsim group. Taking advantage of community mods, and community made operations you will soon see why this doesn't and can not compare to any other FPS. The community of Arma fans is vast, and always at work. Once this game receives an ACE and ACRE mod, it will again jump in immersion and game play. This is not designed to be a lone wolf kinda game, granted you can do that though. Take the time a find a solid group of talented and mature players and you WILL not be disappointed. Add things such as TrackIR and dead zone aiming the realism once again increases. The shear size of the maps, and I'm sure custom ones will soon follow and the community addon's and mods plus the creativity of mission editors you will always find a new and different play experience. Yes the game is fresh outta beta, possibly a little early but that doesn't mean the game is lacking content or call for a reason to be harsh on your reviews. A lot of work has been put into this game from a wonderful and dedicated developer, please think twice and look at the game for what it is and what it will become. Expand
  27. Sep 13, 2013
    Game has massive potential but they released an unfinished game. Waste of money. Very poorly optimized, very low fps on multiplayer to the point it's unplayable.
  28. Sep 13, 2013
    Great gameplay, very realistic and fine game mechanics. Arma 3 absolutely stands out from other shooters because it is actually looks like real life warfare.
  29. Sep 15, 2013
    The best simulator of soldiers. Is not that frenetic combat as BF and COD, which are also good. Arma 3 In the battle staff is very significant and has utility helicopters and cars. Not like in BF the player picks up the helicopter and flies off leaving his teammates. A coherent simulation and soldiers. Fatigue and weakness if you suffer non-lethal shot are also important. The best war simulator ever made. Expand
  30. Sep 16, 2013
    As a platform, like the previous games, ArmA3 achieves so much more than before. New physics, better animations and movement, smoother infantry gameplay and an enormous detailed map to play with. The scale of the possible scenarios that you can make with the extremely robust editor tools and Steam Workshop integration, there is no limit to what you'll be experiencing. From random racing mini games to full on Wasteland PvP. What the game lacks in content at release, modding and practically limitless scenarios custom built by people around the world guarantees no shortage of playable material. Expand
  31. Sep 21, 2013
    An excellent addition to the series, expanding improving on some elements and degrading others. However, BI relied too much on Altis landscape and I'm simply giving 10 out of my gratitude, so this game continues to improve and satisfy people with an unmatched attention for detail and sophistication.
  32. Nov 2, 2013
    Holy I bought ARMA 2 and thought the multiplayer was amazing. The just released campaign for ARMA 3 has me waiting for the next one like a little girl who just wet her pants because of a six-pack.

HOLY 10!

FREE THE DEVS, SUPPORT THEM. HOLY LOL

Seriously no fan boy best campaign in the history of gaming. Best I have ever seen/played.
  33. atd
    Oct 11, 2013
    My sum: Corsair PSU-850TX 850W Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i Gigabyte X58 UD3R r:1.6 Intel i7 920 D0 2.66 3.0Ghz 6GB Triple Channel RAM 2000Mhz Gigabyte GTX 660Ti OCZ RevoDrive 3 120Gb 6Gb/s 2x1TB HDD Western Digital Black RAID 0 2x3TB HDD Seagate OEM RAID 0 ACER GD245HQ/BenQ XL2420T FPS: 35 to 55 after optimization :-) If you are looking for mature game-play and a ton of fun, than ARMA 3 is 4U! :-)

Once you have joined the right clan and you are playing on the ''closed'' clan server you will find this game awesome :-)

(clan server no lag, no strangers, no spammers, no nubs, no hackers, live admin fun fun fun :-))

If you want to play ARMA 3 online, like you would play Battlefield or COD or whatever, this game is not for you!

lot of fun, with the right people, for the right people!

This is not an Arcade game, this is a ''slow'' paced Military Sandbox Simulator for mature players :-)

I have played 300 hours since May and this is my first ARMA game ever!

come and join us: Tactical Gaming Community/TG

All the Best
  34. Jan 2, 2014
    No tengo palabras para describir esta joya.graficos realistas a mas no poder,el mejor juego de la historia sin duda.Este juego ahi comprarlo, por que ademas no cuesta mucho dinero.asi que olvidense de call of liebres ghost y etc.. y tirarle mas a arma 3,y como bien dicen,podria decir mil cosas de lo bueno que tiene este juego. Deberia estar reconocido el numero 1 entre los juegos de pc y no otras morrayitas de juegos que me dan risa que este por delante de arma 3 en puntuación,gente reconozcamos este juego o simulador como una obra maestra.por que mas que arma 3, ya tendriamos que ser soldados o comandantes de ejercito de los estados unidos para poder jugar o practicar con el dismounted soldier training system o VBS 2.0.simulador de entrenamiento EE.UU Expand
  35. Oct 12, 2013
    arma 3 for me is the best in the series.great graphics better animations huge terain and better still far better optimised than the two arma games before it,sure its lacking content but as with all arma games that will come in time and with the campaign just around the corner plus steam workshop there is so much fun to be had by this game
  36. Oct 27, 2013
    For those who feel disappointed about this game. Don't consider it as a game, consider it as a platform that can be fully expanded. If you look back on ArmA2 you'll find that player created mods are actually more fun then this game it self. You wanna realistic, you can use ACE mod, you wanna play zombie game you can play DayZ mod, you want WW2 game, there is Invasion 1944, and not to mention all the addons from different country's military, and all the player created MP missions, SP missions, Campaigns, huge maps etc. So if you see this game a little empty, believe me it will get a whole lot more playable then you can imagine,

The more important thing is, ArmA3 as a platform is already way better then ArmA2. When people see ArmA2 they don't wanna play it more or less because of its graphic is quite outdated. But if you look at ArmA3, it has pretty much no different then the other FPS games today. Plus the view distance and map size, I'll give ArmA3 a top mark on graphics.

I myself is a little bit disappointed that BIS released a version is not fully developed. The first released version didn't even has a campaign. As a programmer I will personally consider this game still under a beta version, maybe they're under some kind of pressure, I don't know, but I'm pretty confident that this game will get better and better. So if you don't like game now, just occasionally check out on armaholic website. You may found more and more mods you'll enjoy. And not to mention BIS will release official DLC and expansions as well.
  37. Oct 28, 2013
    An absolutely best shooter game around, Arma III improves already amazing series. While we are constantly fed with arcade style games such as Call of Duty's and Battlefields, Arma III gives the most realistic gameplay, the only thing more realistic than this is to go out and do Airsoft, or join the Army and fight in a real war. Game improved complicated interface that frustrated many players in Arma II but also improved photo-realism graphics (hands down some of the best graphics around) and animation. The amount of detail is astonishing. While Infinity Ward tries to amaze Call of Duty fanboys with fish AI, Arma III has amazing environmental AI from birds to snakes and onward. Animation detail is amazing with little details such as different reload animations for each rifle to add more realism into a game.

The only problem I faced with this game is the controls. You get used to them but they are painful if you just started playing a game. This is majorly because of what you can do. Call of Duty limits you to running, unrealistic diving and shooting, Arma III enables you to actually do techniques real soldiers do. The way how most players play the game is so realistic, that I actually recognized them as I used them in professional Airsoft skirmishing.

To conclude, the game is purely amazing with inspirational amount of detail, things to do and realism. Realistic game with charm gameplay and character, DICE and Infinity Ward could only learn from Arma III.
  38. Nov 5, 2013
    Please read at least the beginning, thanks :D

I don't know why people hate this game. Probably some cod and battlefield fans that are used to quick action and sounds that just sound, "COOL". But still the sound in this game, is taken from real weapons. The sounds in cod and bf are taken from real guns too, but they have edited the sounds so much.

In fact you need a better computer to
    run this, than bf4 :)

It is true that it's lacking a lot of content, and there are some bugs. There are bugs, because it's an open world sandbox game. Can't people realize that??

Garry's mod has a bugs too, but the map in ArmA 3 is so big (PROBABLY TWICE AS BIG AS IN GTA 5).

ArmA 3 is an open sandbox miltary simulator. SIMULATOR FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!
    It's meant to be as close as real as possible.

Thank you for reading!
  39. Nov 8, 2013
    The most technological game in ARMA series and the best one in all aspects. And the modding makes game capabilities unlimited. In this great game you can do everything.
  40. Nov 9, 2013
    Arma 3 is not fps game like battlefield and Cod. Arma 3 is a military sim with endless possibilities, with a community that adds so much content. Maybe there wasn't as much content as arma 2, but if you take your time to go online and look at the mod community you will be amazed. To get the maximum experience out of the game, you will need find a group with skill. Because Arma is a game that needs to be played with more people, not a game were you're a lone wolf. Expand
  41. Dec 2, 2013
    This game is exceptional. Incredible graphics, astounding from an operational standpoint and so far, the best single player campaign Bohemia has had. There were some issues, initially, but this is a company that listens to their customers and they fixed many of the initial glitches and problems and continue to do so. This is the most realistic shooter available as far as I know and it is difficult.
    This game is NOT for the run and gun Cod fans! It takes an investment of time to become proficient, but when you do, it is damn enjoyable. The mission editor is also very easy to use and great fun.
  42. Nov 27, 2013
    If you want a game about real war with all kinds of vehicles and full-scale offensive on huge territories, this game for you. Great game with great potential.
  43. Dec 15, 2013
    This game is outstanding! It's been an early access game prior to launch so I think some of the COD and BF Nutswingers might have down voted the game because it's not a twitch shooter. It's a Mil Sim not an arcade game, and should be judged like one.
  44. Jan 5, 2014
    Game has fantastic graphics, huge detailed terrain, great sound, lighting and soo much more. It is a significant leap forward in the franchise, worth every penny. The campaign was great, vastly improved since arma 2, and it has me waiting for the next one. It improves much in user friendliness and is worth a try if you are new to the series. The game is getting better and better, with updates that adds content and improves gameplay.

There is some issues with multiplayer, getting low fps and performance. It has been fixed slightly since release, but still needs some work. With the nature of a huge sandbox environment, there are some bugs, most of which has been/currently being fixed.

This is not everyone's game, either you like it or don't. Even though there are blind cod/bf fanboys who gives this game a 0.

Nether the less, BIS needs to be supported, there is very little PC dedicated devs out there.

THIS IS WAR_
  45. Jan 2, 2014
    Pros: Insanely very very huge terrain Great graphics User community produces good downloadable missions Good community mods avaliable Very detailed combat equipments Unique enviroment Very real life combat experiense, its a genuine simulator Cons: Its a incomplete game, lot of resources from Arma II still pending Development are too slow paced Dumb AI Lack of official steam missions and content, the ones there are garbage!
    Some bugs
    High price
    Lack of OFFICIAL servers
  46. Mar 8, 2014
    Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  47. Mar 20, 2014
    This is the best game on the market, i recommend buying it as soon as possible. Amazing graphics and terrain, the modding community and server staff have an unlimited amount of resources to work with. The sky is the limit. I know that this is the game for you if you like realism in your game play.
  48. Mar 21, 2014
    There is COD, BF, Counter-Strike, and then there is Arma(In this case, Arma 3). All these FPS's I listed have been around for 15+ years and are still around because of the fact that they offer unique standards for old and new players to explore.

With that said, Armed Assault 3 roots back from Codemasters Operation Flashpoint, a military simulator game that is actually used by military,
    as well as a public consumer market version now known as Arma 3.

Though more mainstream FPS gamers from COD and BF are now playing Arma because of the widely popular DayZ, Bohemia still manages to stick to their roots and offer everything from their previous titles. This includes huge modding support with in-game easy to use editor, multiplayer(PvP and Coop), and multiple sandbox maps.

Some worthy new features they added are:
    -PhysX (ragdolls, vehicle physics)
    -More emphases on CQB and enterable buildings(buildings are destructible too like in Arma 2)
    -Underwater exploration and tactics
    -Unit stances and weapon customization
    -Better user friendly GUI and enhanced graphics
    -A modern take on militarization
    -Extremely realistic lighting and particle effects

There is for sure more to list, but those are the core features I can think up at the moment.

Like all their previous titles, Bohemia listens to their community. They continuously (even today) still support Arma 2 and will most likely always be working on and improving Arma 3.

Any bugs, bad optimization etc will be worked out eventually but as of today, the game is stable, has been better optimized from alpha-beta, and is one of a kind experience still.

Arma 3 can be all of the FPS games above with the amount of mod support. The base game tends to focus more on real world scenario type simulation which is extremely exciting because you value your life much more instead of endlessly respawning feet away from your enemy (you respawn in Arma 3 too, just typically farther away from where you died unless your revived). You won't be getting 50 kills in 3 minutes, because this is not a shoot-em-up type game, it is a tactical game. If you've ever wanted to get a taste of what real combat may be like, this is as close to it as you can get.

Hope this review helps! What are you waiting for? Go buy it already!
  49. Sep 25, 2013
    Arma is not for everyone which is perhaps why most reviewers settle for an uncompromising 7/10. There's really nothing like it though and while currently modest in content A3 is otherwise a pretty solid entry. It can only get better so I give an optimistic 9.
  50. Sep 12, 2013
    This is the true successor to the original operation flashpoint games, as such players should not expect a "twitchy" shooter within this game this is a real combat simulator. You need to tread carefully or you *will* die! The movement and weapons handling feels authentic, the vehicles not as much, but they're still a fun and awesome feature of the game. The strength lies in the moddability of the game, there are already survival mods and sandbox servers. The game runs fine on my system and the multiplayer was quite solid during the beta. If you want to feel the excitement where you are constantly on your toes as any bad move could be your last, then get this game now. There modding content alone make the game worth its price. Expand
  51. Sep 17, 2013
    Excellent improvements over Arma 2 in movement, lightning, stability and terrain. Altis island is just an amazing piece of 290 square kilometers open-world terrain. With mission editor and modding tools you can make Arma 3 anything you want.

All Arma games are like good wine. It gets only better when it gets older.
  52. Sep 15, 2013
    What a great game. Lots to be done, but thats is the way of arma. Years of free content and bug fixes still to come.

I play this game everyday, and I havent even touched MP yet. The editor limitless fun. Right now Im enjoying making CAS missions for the buzzard. It is amazing.

Note that this is my genuine score, it is not meant to balance against anyone elses opinion.
  53. Sep 27, 2013
    I would give a 10, but there is something that annoy me that is when you move your mouse and the car turn it wheels and don´t get back, just if you move your mouse back where it was
  54. Sep 26, 2013
    Gameplay is brilliant. The options are limitless, its a very complex game which takes military FPS and converts it into the most real experience a game can get you into. It has everything, from complete infantry movement, to vehicle driving, helicopter flying, tactical gameplay, action gameplay, diving missions, sniper missions, support calling etc. You can choose from various roles, like AT soldier, rifleman, squad leader, combat medic, and so on, and explore in multiple ways each one. Its impossible to describe the complete experience on a review.

Graphics, I dont have to go into any detail here, they are simply gorgeous. I run with a AMD 9750. You can tweak the graphics to fit your current graphics card also. When running on ultra, I uploaded some screens on my G+ account, and some friends thought the pics were real, until they gave a closer look. Honetly, this game brings up the power of PC gaming.

Content. Many people review this game as bad, because it does not have content. My response to that is that they are lazy as hell. You just need to open up the steam workshop and shuffle though the hundreds and maybe thousands in a couple of months, of user created content. Missions ranging from singleplayer, coop, multiplayer, infantry, vehicle, flying missions, diving missions, combined tactics, sandbox missions, etc etc etc etc. As I said before, cant explain the wide array of options in a single review.

Conclusion. If you are looking for your typical FPS, dont buy it. You will just be disappointed. If you are lazy, or you dont understand how a tactical game is played, or dont have the time/energy to invest into learning how to play (very steep learning curve here guys), then just dont. But if you are looking for a the best military, tactical experience, then give it a try.
  55. Nov 3, 2013
    I am marking my score 9, not how it is but its potential. For ArmA game people should have expected not alot of content from the start

PROS
    Great Graphics
    Very Nice Realism
    Huge Landscapes
    Variety of gamemodes, Scenarios, Missions

CONS
    Not all missions etc are here yet
    Clunky Controls
    Buggy
  56. Sep 15, 2013
    This game is hard to review if you want to be a true "critic." First of all, it doesn't deserve a 0....those scores are just nuts. I rate games based on fun factor. Arma 3 is a really, really fun game. The graphics, physics, ability to mod, etc are great. The fun factor is out of this world. This game will keep you preoccupied for a loooong time. The term "Armaholic" exists for a reason. But I'm hooked not only because of the gameplay, but also because of the editor. The editor is a blast (once you learn how to use it. And if you want to learn how to use it, watch a few Youtube videos...I suggest watching Jester814's videos. That dude knows his It's doesn't take long to learn how to create your own missions, mod bases, etc. You really can do anything you want in this game. It's a true sandbox simulation. Add the realism, fun factor, etc and you have a fun game that is well worth buying. Now the negative. If you are new to Arma (which I was), you'll jump into this game and after you say "gee whiz" to all the cool stuff, you'll start playing and then say "what the f*%k" to all the complexities. Arma has quite the learning curve. And yes, some of the muliplayer missions are crap (or you just don't know what the guys in charge want from you). I didn't know whether to take a or wind my watch on most of my first missions/sandbox games. It's easy to feel lost, but invest some time (and again, I recommend finding some great tutorials on Youtube) and you'll start really having a good time. Also, once you figure out the editor, playing your newly created masterpieces gives you a great sense of accomplishment and satisfaction, especially if you play with friends or people who are serious about the gameplay (aka NOT CoD hacks). However, the Arma community seems pretty welcoming to noobs. In fact, based on the Youtube help videos, they're all about getting you caught up so that you can add to the fun factor of the game. It's a good philosophy. The more educated you are about the game, modding, etc, the better the experience for you AND the rest of the community. Lastly, Arma is a big motherf*%king game. If you insist on running it on ultra, you'll have to have a beast of a machine. I have a pretty good rig, and it runs fine on mid-range to upper mid-range settings. That doesn't piss me off. In fact, if anything, it makes me want to start saving for a new PC. This game has so much potential, that I think I'd be more than willing to drop some cash on a badass gaming machine down the road. We'll see. In the meantime, I'm having a blast with this game and I'm pretty sure most people would, too. It requires some "fixes", but this game is all about mods, so I am sure these problems will get resolved. But in reality, it's a really well put together game. Buy it...you'll like it. Expand
  57. Sep 12, 2013
    Been playing since alpha released and very happy to have got a good deal. Had rough performance when it released, but over the course of development it has got smoother. I am personally really glad they used the prerelease format, because it has got rid of bugs and imperfection that could easily of made it into release.

On to the game, at first there was quite a lot of change, mostly in
    the controls. Changing inventory from G to I caused some early miss-haps of 'OH someone just tried loot a body and threw a grenade on the floor'. I like the graphics and the life in the game, much better from the dark and gloomy plains of arma 2.

Combat has been improved to make CQC easier, 6 degree movement, plus all the stances and abilities to hold your gun out while moving. There are lots of improvements across the board.

I played Stratis for a while, which was a good map, but too small. With the release of Altis it has made the game much more interesting to play. I love dropping in around altis to fly a heli, drive a car around or even just run around a town.

My only disappointment was the game not to release with a campaign, though I've found plenty of entertainment on armaholic.com and the steam workshop. Some people also believe there weren't enough vehicles, but if you look at the detail in the arma 3 ones compared to the arma 2 ones you'll understand why there aren't as many. Arma 3 already has loads of custom missions which are quite good, in the alpha there was even a stratis life RPG which was very fun to play.

Overall I'm glad BI didn't pack it with loads of vehicles, because it leaves more room for the community to make better ones. They've got a better game for them and modders to fill with content.
  58. Nov 2, 2013
    Pros: -Good First Campaign Episode -Excellent Terrain -Graphics are beautiful -Good bank of user content now available over workshop -Scale is huge! Lots of fun to play -Good coop Cons -Still can feel a little clunky at points because of the action menu -Hard to optimize for lower spec PCs (especially for online play) -Some factions still feel a bit "neglected" by content, for example no jets for CSAT or NATO

Overall I am thoroughly enjoying ARMA 3, and it deserves a much better score than it has at the moment, and is a enormous improvement on ARMA 2.
  59. Sep 14, 2013
    I don't see why there are so many haters for this game. Yes, the multiplayer is badly optimized, but the rest of the game is glorious, the graphics, the gameplay mechanics (wich improved a lot since ArmA 2) and the physics etc. It's all just an improvement from ArmA 2, the only thing I don't like is that it's set in the future, but that doesn't matter too much.
  60. Sep 13, 2013
    A really well made and detailed simulator. The best military simulator available. It's so much better than ArmA II in every way, if you are even slightly interested on owning a military sim this is what you should buy.
  61. Sep 24, 2013
    Potential buyers please read: This is not Battlefield. This is not CoD. If you're looking for an arcade shoot-em-up you will be disappointed. If you cannot flank a position or take cover quickly, you're gonna have a bad time. This is the ARMA engine. It has bugs. It's always had bugs. Don't expect some grand, cinematic campaign either, as this game is a sandbox made for modding first and foremost.

Sorry had to get that out of the way
    Improvement on the arma 2 engine, it feels a lot smoother. Great gunplay and awesome tactical situations. These games seriously ruined all other shooters for me. Modding community is awesome, and it's only gonna get bigger. Altis Life and DUWS is what I'm playin right now. Can't really rate the base game, because I'll play the campaign once and then put 120 hours into various mods. So I'll give a 9/10 for the hours of entertainment I'm getting
  62. Feb 14, 2014
    First of all, I feel like a lot of people who have rated this game in the mid-lower range have really trivial complaints. No only that but it looks like they posted the day after it came out of beta and was fully released. I've had this game since it was first released into beta, after alpha, and I would have rated it a 9 then. The mechanics, inventory, and combat are all solid. I can't remember the last time I witnessed a bug except maybe a hat showing up as a red hat in inventory and a fedora on my character, seriously. Not only are there a ton of multiplayer coop servers up, there are also the Wasteland servers on both Altis and Stratis. With the different Wasteland servers up with different coding this supplies a HUGE wealth of gameplay alone. The community is great which is a really big part of any MMO. When I play stuff like Counter Strike I just rage because of all the brats that TK if you want to throw down a strat they can't handle. I've met more people by way of grouping to loot and take down other groups so many times on Arma games and this is no different. This is a bit all over the place but the game is just incredibly fun. It doesn't get any better, honestly. Get a few friends together, hop in a codefour Wasteland server and secure one objective, you'll be hooked. Expand
  63. Sep 13, 2013
    Altis is great terrain and ArmA 3 is huge improvement in the series. Its not bugfest as previous instalments so I can recommend if you dont mind higher difficulty than COD of BF and that campaign is to be added later.
  64. Sep 15, 2013
    Great game and a huge step up from Arma 2 good work Bohemia Interactive. Multiplier is were this game shines but the powerful editor is just as good. I don't know why some people are going out about no campaign just make your own and they've already said they will add it in the future. In conclusion there's still things to improve on of course and I wish this game was in the modern era not the future, but the core game is excellent. Highly recommended for realistic military war buffs. Expand
  65. Dec 1, 2013
    Bethesda has always said this would have delayed-single player content due to the Greek imprisonment issue seriously harming their scheduled. So it's amazing to me that people bash the game over its absence on launch.

Pros:

ArmA III has seen its engine refined to near perfection, and has incorporated many improvements such as underwater environments, updated mission editor, radio
    range,weapon, attire, and item customization, ballistic penetration tables, and so much more.

Graphics 8/10
    AI 9/10
    Sound 10/10
    Ballistics- 7/10
    Aesthetics- 9/10
    World size 10/10

Cons:

The problems with ArmA III can be summed up with three things. Balance, lack of content, and slight casual changes. While still nothing as bad as games like RomeII, ArmA III does introduce things such as everyone being able to administer treatment as well as medics, slightly increased reloading speeds, and a few other minor yet noticeable things. For a simulation this is a very bad direction to go toward, but they are also not profound changes and in the end very minor. Balance issues are a problem however, with the underpowered 6.5 and 5.56 sized rounds offering no benefit against the larger 7.62, while also taking several more rounds to kill. This is a serious problem for infantry combat and has really dictated what people use in multiplayer.

Balance: 4/10
    Casual change
    Lack of content (discounting single player)

Overall its a great game, far superior to games like CoD and battlefield. It's worth every Dollar, Euro, or Pound of its purchase price.
  66. Sep 12, 2013
    Great graphics, great gameplay improvements over previous iteration (ARMA II). Nicer UI, vastly improved fps and optimizations over ARMA II.

No campaign at launch but hundreds of user missions and emergent multiplayer possibilities. Campaign is coming episodically in 3 DLC's (thankfully free, charging would of made my score a 0).

In no way is this game less than an 8.
  67. Sep 12, 2013
    An overall improvement, there are still rough edges and the amount of content is not great, but there's going to be a ton of free content so it doesn't matter.
  68. Sep 13, 2013
    At a time where most shooting games are following the same template, it is relieving to play Arma 3. Sure, there is not too much content and sure the campaigns are not available from the start, but have anyone yet explored the vast lands of Altis yet? I think the answer is clear.
  69. Sep 13, 2013
    I'm an old fan of the series, and for me this is the best game out on pc. It's more enjoyable to play than Arma2, which I simply haven't touched since the Arma3 alpha. Arma3 can be played in many ways, I like to both make my own missions with the editor using a bunch of mods picked from the BI forum, play mp missions like invade and annex etc in organized fashion and i think steam workshop is the best thing to happen to the game, it's just so easy to get new missions now, and you don't have to worry about keeping them up to date.

Lot's of positives in Arma3: DX11 lightning is a big thing. Arma2 had quite bad lightning due to the DX9 limitations (could be seen inside vehicles/some scenes were too bright, some too dark), improved sound, better character control, and most importantly the best map ever created for a game, Altis.

I would have liked to see Arma3 going for a even more realistic approach similar to the ACE mod for Arma2, but that's fine really, since game is fun to play as it is, and mods are already out to remedy most of my complaints. The problem with mods though, is that the server must allow them...

It's a shame the game doesn't launch with much playable content, but that's a non-issue for me personally. I look forward to the campaign though. It's also a shame that large scale mp missions have low fps atm, but hopefully that can be improved, since Arma2 didn't have the quite same problem. (optimized) MP missions with like 10-20 people runs just fine though.

Lastly I like all the units, the future theme is cool, but it would had been better if they had kept the original names for the different units, but whatever, that's not really that important.

I give it 9/10, the game is addicting like crack, and if it hadn't been for the low mp fps, no campaign now, it would had been a strong 10/10. Part of the reason for the high score, is that there's no other game that has the same complexity and possibilities for modding as Arma.

Looking forward to see what improvements, dlcs etc. Bohemia will come up with in the future.
  70. Sep 14, 2013
    You see all these little CoD retarded fans rating this military simulation lower than 7, that's funny.

First of all, Arma 3 is as good as expected, the single player campaign will be out in October, so what? while we wait, there will be plenty of single and multiplayer missions and campaigns online and lots of mods, don't have friends? make your own missions or download on armaholic.

I downloaded the mod called DUWS yesterday and it makes Arma III 9.5 out of 10 instead of 9, it's addictive and endless replayability, unlike many other games... most.
    Great graphics, great gameplay, like I said endless replayability and (as an ex-military) awesome sound effects.
    Don't listen to haters (mostly kids) or people with poor computers claiming it's bad optimised, I've played 18 hours already and no lags, no glitches, nothing, just plain old good war simulation as promised by Bohemia Interactive, I repeat this is NOT for CoD fans, so get the hell out of here kiddos and go back on your crappy console, peace!
  71. Oct 1, 2013
    Forget COD or BF3, this is not a run and shoot game. The basic is that this is a Military Sim. If you say Lack of content, then you really need explain your self. With the Steam Workshop you can pick any mission you would to do, SP/MP/COOP. There where some issue's with Altris, but that has been solved. Both maps plays smoothly. There bugs, like every game and yes that is on this also. Do not forget this is not a company that got a major budget.
    The main focus is that it is a sim. The support I didn't have to use. The community for ARMA is big.
    And on what other game can you bring in a issue that will be please on a backlog where everyone can add information to it. And then the problem has been solved that you even can read it in there.

Modding is great (Laxentis, you do need to do something for that.. there is more then enough tutorials on YT).

Anyway, if you like to run and shoot, then I think this is not a game for you.

If you like:
    - teamplay
    - Taking command of a squad
    - Flying with 700 Km/u on low altitude
    - Drive all kinds of vehicles
    - And have fun in building up a mission with some friend..

Then this is the game for you.
    In our clan more and more COD players joined ARMA.
    At the moment we run 2 ARMA3 server (with a bunch of other COD/RO/Sniper Elite servers).
    Looking for a ARMA clan? www.ubbclan.net

for me 9/10
  72. Oct 25, 2013
    Arma 3 is a huge step up from Arma 2, and Arma 2 was a fine game.

The negative reviews focus on lack of content at launch a situation that will undoubtedly improve as BIS release 3 FREE DLCs shortly after release to rectify this. The massive amount of player made content is also ignored in these reviews, with over 1500 player made missions before it had even gone gold, and a community
    that has been around since 2001's Operation Flashpoint happily churning out new islands, vehicles, weapons, missions and oodles of other content.
    To say that the game is lacking content from an alpha/beta build is like moving into a house before it is completed and complaining about getting wet from rain because you don't have a roof yet.
    The Arma series have always been about player modding, and there will be literally thousands of player mods coming that will transform the game into pretty much anything you desire.
    Consider also that BIS still release patches for Operation Flashpoint, a game from 2001 so dev support is second to none.

My advice is to ignore the naysayers and give it a go it will reward you with a vast sandbox that will never run out of steam.
  73. Oct 8, 2013
    If you are looking for a more realistic military sandbox, Arma 3 does it right.
    You can set up all kinds of different combat scenarios in the editor and give it a try in singleplayer or multiplayer.
    Once you have learned how the AI wants to be controlled, it is pretty good. At least the AI can give you a hard challenge on the enemy side, but propperly used it can be really deadly on the
    friendly side too.
    Multiplayer is best played in a clan where everybody sticks to the plan. But thats the same with most games.

But now and then you find little flaws that make you frown. Some of them are the players fault caused by lack of experience with the game mechanics or unrealistic behaviour in hot combat zones. But others are real bugs that will be fixed in the future.
    Arma 3 surely has some kind of high-angle learning curve until you fully understand the mechanics. But after that you can have tons of hours of fun. Most of the people i know have stacked 200+ hours.
    At least Arma 3 is 10 times worth your money and absolutely worth your time. You should try it. And if you have problems playing it, ask experienced players for help.
  74. Oct 26, 2013
    Arma 3 is a step forward in the right direction. Adding the new movements, attachment system, NVIDIA Physx, and customizable outfits gives players the opportunity to bring out the game's true potential. With all of these things now added into the game, it opens up a whole playground for the modding community to put their imaginations to the test. The possibilities go even further as Arma 3 has been introduced to the Steam workshop, giving players the opportunity to pick up some player made content with the click of a button. I give Arma 3 a score of nine because giving any game a ten would mean it was perfect. As any Arma series player would know, there isn't one Arma game that is free of bugs or glitches. Overall this game is definitely worth a look and maybe even a try. Expand
  75. Dec 4, 2013
    Best military sim i have ever played, and possible one of the best games.

the scale and attention to detail really brings this game to life.

It may not have a fantastic campaign, but the sheer diversity of the coop/ multiplayer sets it apart from the rest. Although for someone new the ARMA, it may take quite a while to get used to it.
  76. Feb 21, 2014
    Not writing a long review here, but this game is fantastic.
    -EXCELLENT Graphics
    -REALISTIC Warfare
    Only reason it is not a ten is because of the clunky feel that the game has. An improvement over Arma 2, but still noticeable. The multiplayer is not well-optimized either, so don't jump in without a Mid-High end PC (a 780 will do you fine)
  77. Nov 10, 2013
    The game less realistic. Very unrealistic. With such TEMPO it will turn into a battlefield. The game offers a 10 FPS and I do not understand why. In singlplayer FPS great.
    P.S. I want to broken bones in the game. Where have they gone?
  78. Sep 12, 2013
    I played the game since the Alpha stage and I have t say, they added a lot of content, sure the game isn't finished as in it has no Singleplayer but still it has PLENTY OF CONTENT in the steam workshop.

Also i'm glad to see that this game still supports mods, unlike games such as CoD and Battlefield they still know that it's all about the user experience which is why they will
    update the game with lot's of new content.

Only downside: The bad optimization FPS might drop because CPU usage is too high, but I'm sure they'll fix this eventually.
  79. Apr 12, 2014
    Definitely worth getting if you enjoy military or tactical shooters. This game gets better with every patch, and with over 200 hours logged I can say the game still brings fresh content every time I play. No scenario is ever the same, and with the new FREE DLC this becomes especially true. Mods will also blow you out of the water with new gear, sounds, imported maps from previous ArmA games etc. ArmA 3 is going to be popular and have a lot of players for a very long time. See you on the battlefield. Expand
  80. Sep 12, 2013
    If you've been playing the development branch for the last couple months, don't expect a massive change in content, as you're really only getting some core optimization and a few extra missions to tool around in. That said, the content found in the game is tight, even if it is a little light. Games like Arma are scored on their gameplay, not by how many guns can be found in the game, and this game aces gameplay, much like its predecessors, if milsims are your thing. Keep in mind, I do think the content is a little light at the moment, but, BI has been good in the past with support, and I don't see the case being any different here. I think Edge got it right when they said "you're buying into a promise", if that's not your thing, no harm, no foul. The rest of us, though? Here's why we're enjoying the game as-is. It has solid mechanics and a robust multiplayer suite. And, with the integration of Steam Workshop, finding and using mods/custom content has never been easier. Even without the single-player campaign, there's plenty of single-player content to play at launch, and, let's be honest, the Arma campaigns have always been a weakness of the franchise, so, people really aren't missing much by having the game launch without it. I give it an 8 here because it's a solid game with not only immersive, but emergent gameplay, and there's really no better sandbox out there for FPS junkies. Points are deducted for being light on content at the time of release and it being a bit rough around the edges. Nothing game breaking, though. Expand
  81. Nov 18, 2013
    An amazing game which vastly improves the ArmA franchise. Although the optimizations are a bit patchy, and the game having a few strange bugs, it is significantly better than ArmA II. The new movement system, animations, weaponry, sounds, textures, lighting are amazing. The only problems I have with it is the difficult to use mission editor and the lack of hardcore, militaristic servers. It is a game that you can mess around with, and go scuba diving with your friends in, but at the same time one where you can be super serious and help be part of an invasion to liberate an island from tyrannical forces. Everything about it is better than ArmA 2, apart from the lack of community. Expand
  82. Sep 12, 2013
    Well first off, before you buy this game save up for a new PC, other than that you'll be sweet! Now I've played this game since alpha, and there have been significant improvements through out the course. If you're looking for a very realistic modern warfare game, then this is for you.

The game is a 1st/3rd person tactical shooter war simulator, it has so many things that make it
    realistic, such as bullet drop physics, bullets being extremely deadly, and head shots killing instantly. Arma 3 requires patience and tactical planning continuously in order to be successful. It is a very slowly paced game, unlike Battlefield 3 and Call of Duty or any other 1st person shooter in that matter. The game has various soldier classes such as the medic, engineer and recon etc. which you can pick to your liking. Teamwork is also of the essence here, you need team mates watching your backs and providing cover fire wherever possible. Another cool feature is the ability to swim underwater and scuba dive!

Vehicle are done well, helicopters actually are a bit tricky to fly if you haven't done so before. there are different vehicle to choose from such as trucks with big guns on top of them, boats etc. As mentioned before, bullets are deadly, so cover is essential as well as stealth. When you engage enemies you actually feel like you're engaging in war and you can feel the adrenaline rush through your body!

There are single player missions as well, not the best ones but they can assist you in your training. You can also play co op modes with friends! There are also heaps of different guns to choose from, including assault rifles and sniper rifles, you name it! 1st person view offers full body awareness and you can go prone and all those small things.

Another cool feature is the ability to talk (VOIP) to other players near your location, so when you're engaging enemies you can actually taunt them and scare them. There is also vehicle chat, team chat etc.

Overall an 8 out of ten.
    Pro's:
    -Makes adrenaline rush through your body
    -Realistic bullet drop
    -Various weapons and vehicles to choose from
    -Very fun tactical game play.
    -very nicely done VOIP system
    -Good graphics if you got the system to run it
    -Co-op and
    Cons:
    -Graphic requirements are quite demanding You have been warned!
    -It can get boring sometimes when there is no action, sometimes you wont even shoot anyone for hours.
    -you can't jump, which is a bit odd
    -Controls can be a bit sticky at the start, but you get used to it

So yes, a must buy if you love realistic games.
  83. Sep 14, 2013
    This recent iteration of the ArmA series has completely revamped warfare. Major graphical improvements, animation improvements, sound improvements and meticulous detail make the third ArmA a beautiful engine, the only in its class, to deserve the title of "military simulator." The series has made vast improvements to game play, allowing much more fluid combat, allowing the players to experience the situation without being impeded by bugs and issues that plagued prior titles.

This is not your standard arcade shooter, this is a military simulator and as such will not be enjoyed on the same level if you were to pursue a casual game, though that is still a possibility. This game really shines when you play with friends, in a cooperative squad. The large support for content creators is also a nice feature, although content creation is not unique to this iteration, with the implementation of Steam Workshop the installation of this content to any individual player of your squad becomes a painless experience. You will never be limited to playing the same scenario repeatedly because at any moment one of your friends could create, or discover, a mission on Workshop that your squad will wholeheartedly enjoy. In the prior iterations there was an enormous amount of content, however, due to the shear amount of content the quality of each individual item lacked. As it stands at the time of this writing, there is a limited amount of content, though each item is detailed, tested, and balanced to assure a quality that is unparalleled. One of the amazing things about this game is truly the ability to create anything you want within the game.

As any good game will undoubtedly have, there is a down side. As stated before, there is a limited amount of content, while this content is very high quality and very detailed, the low number is a bit disappointing compared to prior iterations. This game is also very demanding of even modern systems, the developers even stating that the "Ultra" setting found in the game was not designed with modern systems in mind, but for future hardware. With the release Bohemia also stated that the campaign will be released in free episodic packs every month, while not convenient, is not necessarily a bad thing.

The developers have already expressed their concern with the lacking amount of items to use in game and have stated that just as they have done with previous titles, they will continue to release new vehicles, weapons, etc. In addition, the developers have made great strides in optimization of the game in the past and will hopefully continue to do so, but optimization can only go so far as the issue is deeply rooted in the series' engine.

All in all, I find this game a large source of entertainment that can only continue to get better as Bohemia and the modding community continues to improve the collection and quality of what is available to us, the players. I would highly recommend anyone to at least give this game an attempt, while ArmA is not for everyone, and never has been, it can offer an unparalleled amount of realism, strategy, and cooperation compared to the "industry standard" type of shooters we find today.
  84. Sep 19, 2013
    Gotta give this a 8 for the game editor, so I can play OFFLINE WITH BOTS! So many games are missing this feature these days, it even have lan which is great. Also campaign dlc s are coming for free so people should chill a little for now.
  85. Sep 12, 2013
    ---Rating--- Design: 4 /5 (infantry focus is generally nice, but does mean less combined arms assets) Polish: 4 /5 (nice graphics, but slightly buggy at times, and the interface can be frustrating) Value: 4 /5 (currently limited in content, but this will inevitably change for great replay value) ---Review--- ARMA is the premier platform for military simulation experiences on the market, and there are reasons that I refer to it as a platform rather than a game. To my knowledge the ARMA series has always been this way, and that represents much of its unique appeal. Unfortunately, judging by some of these other reviews, there are still many people who didn't get the memo that playing ARMA for its singleplayer is like playing Bioshock or Mass Effect for multiplayer.

As for the quality of ARMA 3, an extraordinarily rocky development process hasn't held things back too much, all things considered. Infantry mechanics work well, with the exception of terrain collision, which leads to the player getting stuck or AI glitching into the ground on a semi-regular basis. Vehicles also generally work as intended, but I find that their damage models feel rather abrupt and inconsistent, and this results in many a sudden and unexpected fiery death. The maps are generally very nice, but Altis could use more in the way of unique landmarks, and disappointingly most of its few unique buildings can not be entered.

All in all, ARMA 3 generally accomplishes what it has set out to do, but to some extent its overall fidelity makes those few deficiencies all the more glaring. If you have missed out on joining the Alpha or Beta (and thus buying it at a discount), I would recommend that you wait to purchase ARMA 3 until they add more content. It's not exactly what one would call a "full game" in its current state, even though the price has increased substantially with this "official release". However, for those who have bought this game months ago like myself, it's a great value that will continue to pay off for a long time.
  86. Sep 12, 2013
    Best military sandbox full around . Love how bohemia decided to work with full transparency and intensive test /feedback by the community every developer should do it Open Alpha Open Beta and all with a feedback tracker this is the way. Its true we donìt have many of the most requested features by the community but the game all in all is enjoyable and what is there is polished .
    then we can be sure that more cool things will come in the future this game will keep improving with patch after patch now that they released it and they can risk more

I give it a 8 because there is a lack of main features requested by the community if I had to consider just that I paid it 25 then quality/price I would give this game maybe a 9
  87. Sep 16, 2013
    This was a large stride for the franchise with a lot of hype surrounding it. This is the world's best Military Simulation game out there. This game enabled more freedom and more playstyles within the game, and actually requires military tactics and critical thinking to avoid or engage your enemy. The modding community stays as strong as ever, not that this affects the score. One of the game's biggest strengths is that is really is simulating what is is like to be in a real war, and how you would think and do in an actual war. But this game is held back by it's graphical performance and it's sometimes frustratingly stupid AI. But this game clearly is meant to be played in a co-op mission to maximize the amount of hours you put into this game. There is something here for everybody, whether it's over the top action guns blazing, or it's amazing tactical warfare and massive scale battles that Arma is known for. This is a must have for PC if you have really ever wanted to play a shooter with ultra realism at it's finest. Expand
  88. Sep 15, 2013
    It's very bad some people just put some note without be aware of what Arma is... The lack of singleplayer campaign at launch have always be said by Bohemia.

The only true problem, is the frame-rate drop in multiplayers. But if you configure well the graphic options, its still possible to play at 30fps. I think some people just put everything on Ultra or Very high and don't touch
    everything else. Arma is not Battlefield or whatever you want. You have to spend a lot of time in graphic settings to try what is the best. It's not because you play your other games in Ultra you will do it for Arma.

Here's my rig i5 4670k OC at 4.1Ghz and 2x HD7970 OC with Boost (GPU at 1Ghz). I've set the graphic settings at high/very high, view distance at about 2000m and i run it at 50-60 fps in solo and 25-30 fps in multiplayer.

The game is out since 3 days, seriously, don't be a fool...
  89. Nov 10, 2013
    This is a great game, the graphics are amazing, the gameplay is fluid, the interface is better, but still not good, and the AI is mediocre, even for a multiplayer focused game.They could have handled the beta better, that's true. The episode of the campaign released is great, much better than I expected. The multiplayer is really good, with lots of gamemodes, and the maps are huge and fun to play. The most important thing is that it improves every aspect of ARMA 2, so if you liked that, its definately the game for you.If you, like me, could se the potential but couldnt get into the previous game, you'll love this game. Expand
  90. Nov 10, 2013
    I think Arma 3 has great potential, but was more or less poorly executed. The fall for me is the inconsistency. There are many great moments, but they are often squandered by glitches or poor design. Compared to Arma 2 I think it is a big step forward. Both in graphics and gameplay. I hope the Bohemia keeps working on the issues in order for Arma to reach its true potential.
  91. Jan 25, 2014
    Gameplay: The engine is a big step up over ArmA 2. Things like the adjustable stances, dynamic fog, physics and underwater terrain add tons of possibilities in the game.
    Setting: This is one of my major problems with the game. Sci-fi and simulation don't mix well. While I know that everything in the game is possible, the fact remains that most vehicles and weapons are pure speculation.
    The equipment not being used in present day armed forces partly kills the immersion for me. Hopefully ACE mod will fix this.
    SP content: The campaign (so far) is awesome. BI managed to improve the storytelling and the gameplay as well as the realism.
    MP: performance in MP can be horrible, depending on the gametype and server. I don't often find populated servers with interesting gametypes, as there only seem to be 2 popular gametypes on public servers.
  92. Apr 11, 2014
    Arma 3 is a fun game and I don't think it should be frowned upon. It has amazing graphics and HUGE map to do your dirty work and a huge arsenal of weapons and attachments at your disposal. Now with every pro there is a con and there are problems in Arma 3. The AI are liked the terminator as soon as they see you they kill you and your team's AI are a piece of crap. It can be hard to see people and fire at them with generic holo scopes (It might be different for you). It takes FOREVER to do something cause you have to get your stuff, go there, shoot, and 3 hours later you finally finished a small mission. Then there is the bugs but they are easy to overcome. Overall, Arma 3 is a great game it does need a bit of polish but if you like military simulators or first person shooters or you want to try something new other than call of duty this is a great game for that. I give arma 3 a 85/100. Expand
  93. Oct 3, 2013
    Game of the century if only it was optimised and less buggy.Runs poorly on a high spec rig and lacks depth due to the maps being very empty and un-used at this stage.I've had fun on the multiplayer but it doesn't seem to hold my interest for very long.I've been a fan since the old days but the games always seem to have too many problems to quite make them as epic as they should be.I'm glad I bought it even if it's just to explore and "hang out" with friends for a bit, but sorry something doesn't quite sit for me.Seems like a great opportunity waiting for the right moment to blossom. Expand
  94. Sep 12, 2013
    Best ARMA game to this date. I have been playing these games since Operation Flashpoint (What a wonderfull experience) and I can tell Bohemia will add further support and content to the game in the close future. The game mechanics, the new weapons and equipment is a joy to use (drones etc.). I like the modern day setting and the HUGE map too. The game is moddable, so I will play long hours with maps... Great game but not for everybody. This is the closest I ever want to be to a war, and this is the most realistic depiction of combat, unless you are really there. Recommended! Expand
  95. Sep 27, 2013
    ArmA 3's true potential is nearly sabotaged by its slew of bugs and performance issues. Returning fans can expect the same military sandbox trappings of ArmA 2 but in a near-future setting. Some notable additions make movement less clunky and more intuitive, like the multiple different stances infantry can assume, which allow cover to be negotiated accurately and without exposing yourself any more than you need to. The game is lacking a proper campaign at the time of this writing, but user missions provide more than enough content both for single and multiplayer. The greatest problem with the series has always been Bohemia's shoddy workmanship, and this game is no exception. For all its heart and promise, ArmA 3 should only be recommended to fans of military simulation or those with the patience and disposition to get the best out of ambitious games full of technical issues. Expand
  96. Oct 12, 2013
    Is this a bad game? No far from it, Arma 3 does improve on a lot of things from the previous Arma. The gear interface is much easier to use and the HUD is a lot less clunky than it used to be. The game is a visual treat for a game of it's size but of course it does have it's cons that make me not want to play it. For instance: Where did the large arsenal of vehicles go? The small amount of vehicles in a game so large is a massive blow as variation is key to making a good game. However, the guns in Arma 3 are much more diverse and it does take a bit of use to find your "golden gun." The UAV system is nice, I like it a lot more than the ones in ARMA 2. But the thing I feel that lets this game down is the lack of campaign mode, and that most of the most popular game modes online are mods, which doesn't say much about Bohemia Interactive's skill to make fun game modes. Overall I give this game a 7 because there are some faults still in it that need ironing out but other than that the game is actually pretty cool. Expand
  97. Sep 12, 2013
    Arma 3 feels so much like just DLC for Arma 2. It was in development for a long time but is still missing Singleplayer campaing and its content is very thin. Also its not a modern day shooter. It tries to be a simulator of being a soldier but unfortunately that brings some bad things implemented. The only way to move around map is in vehicles, if u dont have any at ur position then u are sc*****. Also snipers are a huge pain in the ass. Gameplay is good, graphics improvement is nice too. I dont know what to think about BI promises but right now, i wouldnt recommend it too much. If you are a war simulator fan then buy it, if not, dont buy it. Expand
  98. Sep 18, 2013
    To those who have played previous ARMA games you know what your getting into. But for those who haven't the game is a gritty military simulation and is insanely complex for new players to the series. However the best parts of the beta are when you sit back and look at the amazing world that the devs spent so long creating.

Although the game isn't optimized that well and there are few
    bugs here and there, but these are things that i can overlook as game play is solid and is well worth purchase on steam. Expand
  99. Sep 14, 2013
    Arma 3 is a good game, but the lack of content and some AI ploblems make it feel like a beta version. On the bright side the new things are great. If you liked the series then you should buy this game
  100. Sep 16, 2013
    Great grahics. Endless possibilities. Open sandbox and a great community of mappers modders and mission writers are what make the Arma series great. Arma 3 is a nice step forward. Yes there is still work to be done and major improvements need to be made in both single player and multiplayer performance.

Apparently some people can't read. A failing of our education system perhaps or
    maybe its just chronic onset juvenile attention deficit disorder rearing its ugly head. Arma is not a game you play through and beat X number of times. Additionally they announced that the DLC was coming after the release.

Pros
    Great graphics
    Huge Maps
    Killer weapons
    Great variety of game play
    The best is still coming from the A3 community

Cons
    Bugs and glitches need cleaning up (happens with every game on the market)
    Low FPS on multiplayer
    Game engine needs optimization
    Needs professionally developed game types
    Altis is large flat and needs variety. I miss the mountains and forests

Wait and see list....
    DLC still to come
    I miss the Arma 2 content, maps, weapons and vehicles.

1. Mar 26, 2014
    There's something about Bohemia's world-building that inspires people. Importantly though, Arma 3's vanilla content now stands on equal footing with those third-party inspirations. It's still a little rough around the edges, but it's a darned impressive package nonetheless.
  2. Nov 22, 2013
    Arma 3 seems to have a lot to offer in terms of multiplayer, but still not so much for the player looking to the single player experience.
  3. Oct 31, 2013
    With Arma 3, Bohemia made a big step towards a unified platform for its military shooters, but at the same time took two steps back in regards to actual game content. Only the most hardcore fans will enjoy Arma 3 in its current form.