Armies of Exigo PC

8.0

1. NahT.
    Jun 24, 2006
    It looks like "RPG elements" in any game released nowadays have to be predictable and racist. The concept of beautiful therefore "good" races fighting against ugly therefore "evil" things is fascist at best. This isn't this specific game's fault however; we must "thank" Tolkien for all this crap.
  2. Roghain
    Jan 3, 2009
    If one were to take aside the terrible rippoff of warcraft and about any bleedin' fantasy RTS, if you ignore the fact that the sound is all but missing, if you do not care for the same-o same-o story, then still, this is a bad game. I care not for the MP part - but the single player campaign is a joke. Why? because the AI builds nothing. I swear - I have watched and watched theIf one were to take aside the terrible rippoff of warcraft and about any bleedin' fantasy RTS, if you ignore the fact that the sound is all but missing, if you do not care for the same-o same-o story, then still, this is a bad game. I care not for the MP part - but the single player campaign is a joke. Why? because the AI builds nothing. I swear - I have watched and watched the opponets, but the do NOt gather anything, they do not build anything. So, apart from the scripted attacks and the units placed on the map for the AI to start with - there is no challenge in the single player campaign.

There is no point in playing a game that challenges you not, I daresay.

I have checked all 36 maps, and on none of them is there something to be fought other than the starting units/buildings. I kid you not - see for yourself... this has to be THE most horrible AI ever to inhabit your CPU.
  3. Jan 29, 2014
    Might be good, but there's no widescreen support. The game doesn't have any resolutions higher than 1280x1024 and that really detracts from it's score.
  4. Mar 12, 2016
    While it has nothing particularly good to separate it from other titles, Armies of Exigo provides bad acting and voices.

With the sound turned off, it is still not a good game: in particular, the control of your units is terrible. In a sense, it feels more like playing a repetitive action game than a strategy game. A really bad gameplay indeed.

1. The gameplay is standard, if sometimes uneven and difficult, and the units aren’t anything we haven’t seen before.
    This is definitely a game aimed at the hardcore, old school crowd. Newcomers to the real-time strategy genre will find that the campaign is difficult to the point of near total aggravation.
  3. One good thing is that players will face little to no slow down even with a huge battle going on in the middle of the screen.