Asheron's Call: Throne of Destiny PC

7.2

1. Mero
    Aug 6, 2005
    ToD is decent if you liked the regular old Asheron's Call. There are no truly new mechanics, just new quest and new monsters. There are finally monsters that can evade/resist/kill higher level characters. If you didn't previously enjoy AC, this will not change your mind.
  2. PatrickO.
    Aug 4, 2005
    Garbage. It's 6 months worth of content that was missed, boxed up and sold.
  3. BlinkBlink
    Aug 5, 2005
    Although I have not picked up the xp TOD of AC, I can say that no matter what AC was the best MMO of all time!!!! Long live AC!!!
  4. RalphW.
    Aug 8, 2005
    Getting smacked by a large hammer in the groind is more fun than playing TOD.
  5. TheKorrigan
    Aug 8, 2005
    While it's fun to see old familiar places with shiny new graphics, the content of this expansion cathers to those who cheated and macroed their way to high levels. You need billions of XP to use those new enhancement gems.
  6. ChrisV.
    Oct 27, 2005
    No Game can come close to the fun i had in AC.
  7. ShempH.
    Aug 10, 2005
    AC was a great game for its time, but it hasn't aged well. Sadly, this expansion does absolutely nothing to fix the real problems inherent in the game.
  8. SalN.
    Oct 30, 2007
    Best PvP game ever made...and continues to be just that.
  9. Jerry
    Aug 3, 2005
    The best, most addicting MMORPG I've ever played. Graphics are considerably better than before but still lag way behind anything else out, that's the only reason I didn't give this a 10.
  10. PaulP.
    Aug 4, 2005
    I started on AC many years ago. Earlier this year I took off and tried other games. Many of the new games have been dumbed down and require the commitment of many concurrent hours to complete long quests. AC allows a person to group hunt or solo very easily. With complete control on your characters advancement in whichever skills you desire. You can be a complete melee, missile or mage I started on AC many years ago. Earlier this year I took off and tried other games. Many of the new games have been dumbed down and require the commitment of many concurrent hours to complete long quests. AC allows a person to group hunt or solo very easily. With complete control on your characters advancement in whichever skills you desire. You can be a complete melee, missile or mage character or a combination of any or all of these traits. You can focus your growth towards defense or attack skills as you so desire. No other game gives this kind of control. Expand
  11. X.TurbineCustomer
    Aug 4, 2005
    They should have tackled the myriad of tough (cheats, exploits, inbalance) and instead they just encourge more of it. Weak.
  12. TommyT.
    Fantastic game.
  13. WordOfMouth
    Aug 5, 2005
    Turbine continues to cater to cheaters while giving their honest customers no real value and empty promises.
  14. MattS.
    Aug 9, 2005
    A great game just got better with TOD,plus the monthly updates that are comming are adding so much more to the game.Try it free for 30 days and decide for yourself..TOD a 10
  15. M.Johnson
    Aug 3, 2005
    pure adrenaline! fast action where you can fight a large number of Tuskers at a time and not get lag. fast action everywhere you go and now enhanced graphics. what more could you want?
  16. ZeroW.
    Aug 3, 2005
    An expansion which caters to the worst element of the Asheron's Call community. An expansion where the fruits of combat macroing are rewarded more than exploring or questing. Truly a waste of money and the time invested.
  17. Aaron
    Aug 4, 2005
    Came back after a several year hiatus. ACTD is one of the best kept secrets in the MMORPG community. The new expansion has definitely given the game some new life. The graphics are sufficient and the gameplay cannot be beat.
  18. GibbyJ.
    Aug 7, 2005
    -Monthly events were cancelled for 9 months to gain very little -cheating and exploiting is still the norm -no roleplaying elements in this game at all -If you like killing billions of monsters over and over without ever completing a meaningful quest, this is your game.
  19. Maxx
    Aug 7, 2005
    This is a love it or hate it game. If you love it, then you won't play anything else. If you hated it, then there isn't much that will satisfy your gaming desires. This game has it all! If you've played the game prior to this expansion, then be prepared for the changes a majority of players asked for. Updated graphics provide a more detailed feel to the playing area. High This is a love it or hate it game. If you love it, then you won't play anything else. If you hated it, then there isn't much that will satisfy your gaming desires. This game has it all! If you've played the game prior to this expansion, then be prepared for the changes a majority of players asked for. Updated graphics provide a more detailed feel to the playing area. High level content for those that have reached levels above and beyond previous hunting areas. New low level content for the first time player. New quests, new armors and weapons and new story line. Having played for 5+ years, this has been the best improvement to Asheron's Call to date! Expand
  20. GustaiveS.
    Aug 8, 2005
    The graphics are much better than before. Still nothing like Wow but if you expected WoW or EQ2 from a 10 year old engine then you're crazy. The new islands are fantastic. The atmosphere is great! The things I don't like are all teh tech issues it has caused and the lack of exploration xp rewards. I would give this game a 7 but with the patch notes for August up, it looks like The graphics are much better than before. Still nothing like Wow but if you expected WoW or EQ2 from a 10 year old engine then you're crazy. The new islands are fantastic. The atmosphere is great! The things I don't like are all teh tech issues it has caused and the lack of exploration xp rewards. I would give this game a 7 but with the patch notes for August up, it looks like we'll have multiple worldwide chat channels, customizable windows and otehr goodies. If they continue on the road of major changes, the 8 I give it will be deserved but not if Turbine becomes stagnant with their changes. They need to keep it up! Expand
  21. CraigH.
    A decent expansion.
  22. DavB.
    Jul 24, 2005
    This game has lots of character customization, a wide array of skills, a massive amount of quests and locations to explore, and tons of backstory. I give it a perfect 10, one of the best games I ever played.
  23. JoelH.
    Jan 29, 2006
    After playing this game for 5 years, I am still not sick of it. And not everyone macros, hard to impossiblet o macro a melee toon. But I can see were it would be tough on a new player to get leveled up enough to get to to alot of TOD content. World wide chat and the high end textures are out now. IF you set your card to do 4x anti A game looks really tight.

1. Current fans will enjoy the new content and better graphics, but new players won’t be as impressed. The solid gameplay of the original shines through, although it is a bit rusty in places after a few years.
  2. Even with the upgrade, the graphics and style of play are only appealing to the old school gamers who grew up on the original EverQuest and Ultima Online.
  3. There is a lot of great stuff in Asheron’s Call, period. There is an enormous landmass populated with hidden dungeons, strange creatures and mysteries begging to be solved once more.