8.2

1. Nov 8, 2011
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood" is a lovely game that is familiar with its predecessor AC2, only better. Sure, it gets kinda boring within several days (this time the story's more slower), but the new apprentice assassins (a new kind of add-on from the previous game) were the bomb. I liked having sidekicks of my own and let them do the dirty work while I silently kill my opponent. You couldAssassin's Creed: Brotherhood" is a lovely game that is familiar with its predecessor AC2, only better. Sure, it gets kinda boring within several days (this time the story's more slower), but the new apprentice assassins (a new kind of add-on from the previous game) were the bomb. I liked having sidekicks of my own and let them do the dirty work while I silently kill my opponent. You could say they're the improvements of the thieves and prostitutes of AC2. Other than the campaign, the multiplayer was also a tense-full, action packed one. You don't know what might hit you, so focusing on the game is also a key component for the assassination multiplayer. Overall a engaging game I liked, and I will definitely recommend it. Expand
  2. Sep 22, 2014
    Game: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
    Genre: Action
    Developer: Ubisoft System: Steam (PC) Total Score: 92/100 Value Score: 9.2/10 • Story: 10/10 • Characters: 10/10 • GamePlay: 10/10 • Graphics: 9/10 • Sound: 10/10 • Music: 9/10 • Length: 6/10 • Replay Value: 8/10 • Player Value: 10/10 Pros +Retains similar gameplay style to AC2 however adds many new elements to
    Game: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

• Music: 9/10
    • Length: 6/10
    • Replay Value: 8/10
    • Player Value: 10/10

Pros
    +Retains similar gameplay style to AC2 however adds many new elements to combat and item system
    +A lot of new type of missions and scenarios that add more to the sidequest portion of the game
    +Making money and increasing the economy now affects the entire city of Rome and is done differently from the previous game
    +More storyline and gameplay involvement with Desmond
    +Battles are much more bigger and more dynamic
    +Recruit Assassins to assist you in battles or even to partake in their own exclusive missions
    +Multiplayer Mode that comes with co-op and Free For All PvP Style
    +Gain the ability to redo missions and memories unlike the last game
    +Improved soundtrack

Cons
    -The game is much shorter than AC2
    -The game mainly takes place in one region/City
  3. May 21, 2013
    The best Assassin's Creed game. The story is absolutely amazing and the gameplay is the best yet. There are so many interesting side missions and other things to do that it keeps you playing for hours on end and it just never gets old. One of the best games I've played in a long time.
  4. Oct 9, 2015
    Like Assassin's creed 2, brotherhood is an upgrade from the last one. Now you have a assassins group, and the entire Roma to explore. Is good, but only this.
  5. Dec 13, 2015
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is, fortunately enough, a worthy sequel. The game now is deeper, wider and has almost every of its weaknesses fixed, though sometimes you still feel that it is not enough to be called perfect.
  6. Jul 12, 2013
    this by far the best part of the AC series the story keeps getting better and better and will keep you dying until the very end with few twists in it they added the brotherhood and recruit system in this game which was awesome the missions in this game are awesome even the side missions you'll spend hours upon hours of fun and great entertainment
  7. Jan 23, 2015
    Now this game is simply fun and worth every dollar.

PROS
    -AMAZING story
    -Awesome combat
    -Nice graphics

CONS
    -Not enough to do at once .
  8. ERB
    Jul 30, 2013
    A game that you will never forget.
  9. Dec 12, 2015
    Gameplay : 9
    Graphics : 9
    Story : 9
    Sound : 9
    Overall : 9
  10. Jan 16, 2013
    AC: Brotherhood is a good game that suffers a bit from feeling more like an expansion of AC II and not enough like a full game. It continues the story, setting, and characters of the previous game, while introducing a few new mechanics. Unlike the first 2 games, in this one you spend most of your time in a single city, Rome, which is considerably larger than previous cities to compensateAC: Brotherhood is a good game that suffers a bit from feeling more like an expansion of AC II and not enough like a full game. It continues the story, setting, and characters of the previous game, while introducing a few new mechanics. Unlike the first 2 games, in this one you spend most of your time in a single city, Rome, which is considerably larger than previous cities to compensate for this. While this isn't a huge problem, it does end up feeling like 'more of the same,' and after awhile running around the same location gets a bit boring. Brotherhood introduces a few new weapons and skills, but nothing special. The shop investment mechanic has been expanded to allow you to buy and invest in various shop types around Rome. This is an interesting diversion, but adds little to the game. The real virtue of this game is simple in continuing the story and further developing the characters. It is certainly worth playing, and is plenty fun, but lacks significant originality: it just feels like AC II part 2. Expand
  11. Apr 26, 2013
  12. Mar 18, 2014
    Not QUITE as good as ACII, but still a really fun game to play. Animations, voices, etc all seemed just a little bit lazier or rushed for this installment of Ezio's story. But regardless, it was still good quality.
  13. Oct 2, 2016
    Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood continues the story of Ezio Auditore in a single huge city (Rome) that is dotted with hills, ruins, narrow streets and platforming opportunities aplenty. The twin stories of Ezio and Desmond are some of the most effective in the Ezio trilogy. Marred by some poor keyboard platforming controls and bad implementation of v-sync, but there is full controllerAssassin’s Creed: Brotherhood continues the story of Ezio Auditore in a single huge city (Rome) that is dotted with hills, ruins, narrow streets and platforming opportunities aplenty. The twin stories of Ezio and Desmond are some of the most effective in the Ezio trilogy. Marred by some poor keyboard platforming controls and bad implementation of v-sync, but there is full controller support. If you’ve enjoyed other Assassin’s Creed games, this is a must-own.
    Uplay is required.
    Total size on my hard drive: 11GB

Note: If you are new to Assassin’s Creed games and wondering where to start, I’d recommend Assassin’s Creed II, not Brotherhood.

Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood picks up right where Assassin’s Creed II left off: Ezio is in Rome, having just fought the previous game’s final boss, and Desmond et. al. are on the run after having their hideout crashed by Abstergo. Having completed the battle in Rome, Ezio returns to Monteriggioni to have sexy times with Catarina Sforza, only to have the idyll interrupted by Cesare Borgia laying siege to the fortress. After it falls, Ezio and his family flee to Rome, determined to destroy the Borgia’s near-complete control of the city’s districts, and rebuild the Assassins (and Rome) in the process. Several popular characters return; Catarina as previously mentioned, Leonardo, Claudia and Maria Auditore, and Machiavelli. Rodrigo Borgia has a few brief scenes as well, but the primary antagonist is Rodrigo’s son, Cesare.

Now, instead of only upgrading your headquarters, Ezio is buying and refurbishing shops (and landmarks) all over Rome. Completing all the “Sons of Romulus” lairs unlocks a special dagger and armor. Completing memories with full synchronization unlocks hidden (“repressed”) Ezio memories of Cristina Vespucci’s fate. Leonardo is a minor character in the main game, but gets an entire DLC to himself (which is included). The Copernicus DLC is also included in the game files, but isn’t accessible to PC players without a mod (search the Steam forums). Add in the huge amount of loot found throughout the game which is used to unlock unique items at shops, the Animus “training mode” which is an arcade for honing your combat skills, and there is a wealth of content in Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood.

The combat is the largest improvement to Brotherhood over the previous games. The addition of the chain-kill mechanic allows for the rapid dispatch of hordes of enemies. Combat in general flows quicker and smoother in the hands of a skilled player. A strange step backward, though, is the inability to use secondary weapons (like the pistol or crossbow) without selecting them in the weapon wheel first. Also, if you have a secondary weapon selected, doing a hand-focused act – like tearing down wanted posters – switches the weapon selection to unarmed. And the platforming was clearly designed for a controller. It’s doable with a keyboard and mouse, but not always intuitive. Expect Ezio to occasionally leap to his death without explanation.

The graphics are among the best of the earlier Assassin’s Creed games (Revelations’ are better, but are also much more demanding). Maxing Brotherhood’s graphics settings and hitting 120fps at 1080p proved an easy task (I have an R7 260X graphics card). Texture quality, detail, light, and reflections are the biggest advances over Assassin’s Creed II. Brotherhood is marred, however, by the poor implementation of vertical-sync: turning it on results in horrific frame-rate micro-stutter. There doesn’t seem to be a fix, other than not turning v-sync on. Setting v-sync on in the Radeon Crimson settings didn’t help, either.

These are small drawbacks, though. With swift and deadly combat, tons of things to do, and great stories, Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood is a fantastic second part of the “Ezio trilogy” of games. A superb sequel and a great game in its own right. It discounts quite low, too, so if you’re a fan of Ezio or Assassin’s Creed in general, there is no reason not to get it.
  14. Dec 23, 2012
    As the best game in the Assassin's Creed series, this stands as one of the more memorable games of this console generation. The franchise in general falls short in terms of controls - they are often less than fluid and you will find yourself cursing when Ezio does the opposite of what you wanted him to do. However, everything else is spot on, and exceeded my expectations. The city in whichAs the best game in the Assassin's Creed series, this stands as one of the more memorable games of this console generation. The franchise in general falls short in terms of controls - they are often less than fluid and you will find yourself cursing when Ezio does the opposite of what you wanted him to do. However, everything else is spot on, and exceeded my expectations. The city in which you are thrown, 1500 A.D. Rome, is remarkably large and faithful to history, containing recreations of many famous buildings. There is ton to do in the game, including new features such as calling upon assassins which level up and can be sent on missions for money and experience. You can buy buildings as well to extend your control and guarantee yourself a higher income. With great graphical style, the setting is perfect. The story is also fairly good despite the fact that it pulls a Lost on you at the end, leaving you in confusion and anticipation of a sequel to further explain things. The gameplay is as fun as ever, jumping around rooftops and finding ways to climb and explore the environment, in prince of persia style. Expand
  15. Mar 10, 2014
    Another gorgeous game. Assassin's Creed keeps getting better. I love to play in ancient Italy, fight a big number of Borgia soldiers and burn down their towers. It's a great video game.
  16. Aug 13, 2012
    Had a great experience with Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. It added new moves, better counter attacks and a cool assassin's recruitment. Still, Brotherhood is not better than It's predecessor, for It's disappointing ending and from some glitches. Despite from those problems, Brotherhood is a must have game for everyone. 88 out of 100.
  17. Dec 3, 2013
    Awesome story, great detailed setting, memorable characters, everything about this game was epic. The only thing preventing it from getting a solid 10 is it's linearity, which is there for every AC game but is something I hate in games so it gets a 9/10 instead.
  18. Feb 28, 2013
    It's a really good game, with the best features from the other Assassin's Creeds und more, but I have not the motivation, to collect all items.
  19. Dec 20, 2016
    Este juego literalmente me encantó, fue hermoso jugarlo. Entonces... ¿Por qué le doy un 8?, pues porque la historia principal dura muy poco y no tiene un desenlace épico, (recordemos que la historia de este juego es la continuación de un asunto pendiente que tuvo el Assasin's creed II... Esto hace que tengas que jugar este juego y esperes tras TODO assasin's creed 2 y Assasin's creedEste juego literalmente me encantó, fue hermoso jugarlo. Entonces... ¿Por qué le doy un 8?, pues porque la historia principal dura muy poco y no tiene un desenlace épico, (recordemos que la historia de este juego es la continuación de un asunto pendiente que tuvo el Assasin's creed II... Esto hace que tengas que jugar este juego y esperes tras TODO assasin's creed 2 y Assasin's creed botherhood, que la historia tenga desenlace... Pero termina de forma patética.

Esta es la razón por la cual le doy un 8.
  20. CBZ
    Mar 29, 2011
    There are many improvements in AC:B, making the gameplay more fluid and giving a higher variety of missions. Something I noticed is that it goes back to the colorfulness of the first title of the saga, since AC2 had darker and greyer colors and made it a little more depressing for my personal taste.
    The single player campaign is short (i was wondering if i was even half way through when i got to the end) and if im not wrong there are 9 memory sequences. The campaign also lacks of a consistent story, although i really enjoyed it. I didnt find any bugs i can remember.
    The multiplayer is fun and very exciting, although it could get a little repetitive if you overplay it. However there are different types of MP games such as Wanted, Escort, Chests and Alliance that will mix it up a little.

If you are looking just for the single player, i would not pay the full price right now, but if you also want to play some fun online games it might be worth it.
  21. Nov 28, 2011
    Good game. Runs flawlessly. Combat is addictive. The continued plotline is fantastic. Game is let down by an incessant need to upgrade and purchase everything, which distracts from the idea of being an "assassin". Or at least for me this felt odd compare to the previous entries in the series. The highlights for me have always been the modern day sections out of the animus. I'd like it moreGood game. Runs flawlessly. Combat is addictive. The continued plotline is fantastic. Game is let down by an incessant need to upgrade and purchase everything, which distracts from the idea of being an "assassin". Or at least for me this felt odd compare to the previous entries in the series. The highlights for me have always been the modern day sections out of the animus. I'd like it more if ubisoft played around a bit more with the character you adopt in the animus rather than fixating on ezio. Sure he's a great character but I'm getting tired and it's obvious that Revelations will still feature Ezio... when I wish they moved on. Still it's their project and not mine, so it's up to them to deliver what they envisage. Expand
  22. Apr 21, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is not long as the previous one, and you will be most of the time in Rome, as the previous one you will be able to buy and open shops of your own, which will give you money for a better gear, there's even a Facebook application which integrate with this game called "Project Legacy" that will help you to unlock bonus in-game. Expand
  23. Dec 30, 2016
    Huge step up from AC II. While playing this game I felt like all my complains about the AC II were listened and Brotherhood was made right, even though I played both games in 2016 for the first time :) Not only it is a great game but itself, but it also fixes some things from AC II by going back. From storyline consistency, through graphics to character design, everything significantlyHuge step up from AC II. While playing this game I felt like all my complains about the AC II were listened and Brotherhood was made right, even though I played both games in 2016 for the first time :) Not only it is a great game but itself, but it also fixes some things from AC II by going back. From storyline consistency, through graphics to character design, everything significantly improved over AC II. No more horrible textures, game looks very clean, no more major inconsistencies in story and characters finally look good, especially Cristina and Catarina finally look as beautiful as they were described, not like some melted candles like in AC II. Combat a bit too easy but I prefer that over boring and overly long one from AC II. The best AC game I played so far (I played 5 parts so far, to AC III) Expand
  24. Oct 1, 2011
    If you can spend your money on this, believe me it will not be a waste. Not only it adds to the fantastic story of AC with it's singleplayer mode, But the multiplayer game is also very original and exciting. I can say multiplayer ACB is something that everyone should play.
    The only flaw in Brotherhood (and other AC games) is that their single-player are always too easy that you will rarely die unless you have only 1 hand or go to kitchen for a snack during the game. Also i think multiplayer abilities & perks could be more amazing but the game itself is so amazing already so these are not too much of a problem.
  25. Dec 29, 2011
    Awesome graphics, awesome gameplay, awesome story... everything is just so freaking good. The game is still fresh, not repetitive, fun as hell. It's almost perfect, but it's kind of unfair to give it a 10/10 if it's not very innovative. I mean, the game is almost perfect, fresh, but it's not very different from the second one. I'd give it a 9,5 if I could.
  26. May 24, 2011
    one of the best games I've played, story is really interesting with characters based in real life and the most unique and awesome multiplayer out there thanks to this game I haven't touched uncharted 2 or any other multiplayer game in weeks.
  27. Apr 8, 2011
    In the era of lousy console ports, AC:B is a light in the darkness. While the story this time around is a little worse, it's still good. The combat's also improved greatly since AC 2, even though this makes the game a little too easy. All your favorite characters are here, some a little more....alive...than others. One thing I like about this game is that Desmond spends a little more timeIn the era of lousy console ports, AC:B is a light in the darkness. While the story this time around is a little worse, it's still good. The combat's also improved greatly since AC 2, even though this makes the game a little too easy. All your favorite characters are here, some a little more....alive...than others. One thing I like about this game is that Desmond spends a little more time outside the animus, this gives the story a little more diversity; my one major AC 2 complaint was that Desmond's story wasn't as prominent, because I really wanted to hear more about that. The best new feature I loved about AC:B was multiplayer. It's really intense and a great sigh of relief for FPS multiplayer games. Expand
  28. Nov 3, 2011
    Its amaizing how Ubisoft managed this game.
    It all started with AC 1. i couldnt stop playing and still it got repetitive.
    When AC 2 came out I thought it was a piece of brilliant software that was actually worth paying for. Most of gamers thought AC 2 was the limit. HELL Nooooo. ACB confirms that sky is truly the limit. It has amused me again. I just dont know what will they do with
    Its amaizing how Ubisoft managed this game.
    It all started with AC 1. i couldnt stop playing and still it got repetitive.
    Most of gamers thought AC 2 was the limit.
    HELL Nooooo. ACB confirms that sky is truly the limit.
    It has amused me again.
    I just dont know what will they do with Revelations.
    Its hard to make sequels better and more interesting, so far it was a good streak, lets hope the same fate for ACR
  29. Nov 8, 2015
    It's a great game by itself, although improvements over AC2 are relatively small. Combat is a lot smoother but also easier at the same time thanks to the ability to chain kills. Training your little army of assassins is pretty fun too. The main story is relatively short but there is plenty of extra side content to keep busy those who want to see it all.
  30. Oct 13, 2013
    Price/Playtime[10]
    Technical Issues[10]
    ------------------------------------
    Over All[9.4]

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    May 22, 2011
    Polished conversion of the console version cannot be labeled as an add-on. This is an excellent full-featured game with interesting multiplayer mode. Period. [Issue#203]
  2. Apr 27, 2011
    Built on the shoulders of Assassin's Creed II, Brotherhood is the most polished and robust execution of the Assassin's Creed formula yet.
  3. Apr 19, 2011
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood isn't as much a sequel as a completion to the second game, and while this is certainly the best game of the three so far, you probably don't want to jump into the story without having played at least the second game first.