8.1

1. Mar 22, 2011
    I love the whole AC games. assassin's creed brotherhood (ACB) is even better, offers me more open world. I love games which are based on real history. AC or ACB continue to trigger higher attraction. I was addictive to play longer for AC 2 before. without doubt, I will fall into history again, and let me just be Ezio. graphic, environment, story, voice acting.... all these elements work together to make ACB perfect game. I don't want to talk about detail of story (it will be a spoiler). only one thing what I regret is why ACB PC version is out now after long delay. but it is worthy of every penny. from today I will enjoy the ride of adventure of Ezio again. Expand
  2. Jul 7, 2011
    AC:B is almost a great game. Graphics are great, soundwork and voiceovers are as good as always for the series, the fighting has been improved and you can really use heavy weapons now, etc. I would love it except for one thing that ruins everything: the controls. Granted, this problem has been there in all AC-games, but with all the new moves and abilities in Brotherhood, as well as the stricter requirements on most missions, it is many times more glaring than it was before. Most of the time Ezio does the exact oppsite of what you feel you are telling him to, and with the mouse and keyboard, which I prefer, there is a huge problem with the camera being locked when you are jumping, preventing you from getting the direction right for the next jump, as well as idiotic button configuration. Who decided to make the buttons for grabbing and letting go of walls the same? And who thought it was a good idea to press E to activate tunnels for purchase, but Shift to activate them for use?

I'm not exaggerating if I tell you that 9 out of 10 times I get hit or fail a mission, it's because of some bug or control issue. Let me give you an example:

I'm playing a mission where I have to kill a group of guards without being noticed. I decide to climb onto a pillar and drop down on them, killing them with the dual hidden blade. For some reason Ezio decides to only hit one of them, because of a tiny fault in my aiming, which is impossible to see, and the other guy immediately sees me. Mission failed, start over.
    This time I try to shoot a lone guard. For some reason the camera suddenly changes to view behind Ezio, the shot fires in the wrong direction even though the guard was highlighted, and the noise alerts him. Mission failed, start over.
    This time I try to walk up behind two guards and stab them. Again Ezio decides to kill only one, despite being exactly in the middle of them, and again I am spotted. Mission failed, start over.
    This time I try to shoot a guard with the crossbow, then duck behind a wall for cover. The other guards only start turning around once I'm safely behind the wall, yet they see me straight through it anyway. Mission failed, start over.

And this happens over and over and over again in every single mission. This game COULD have been great. Instead it's an exercise in angry hair removal.
  3. Apr 8, 2011
    I've played and finished both AC2 & AC:Brotherhood, just for the comparison... AC:Brotherhood took me less time to finish the story than in AC2. New moves & actions are now available but some new things made me bored like renovating places in Rome, finishing shop quests that will really take heavy loads of time and looting treasures for shop quests (items that are very rare). THE COOL PART is you can raise a brotherhood of assassins and send them to missions, give them contracts, and even call for their help when assassinating. In the Uplay website, there is a thing called "actions & rewards" and by doing these actions in the game, you will earn credits and you'll be able to unlock rewards such as the character for multi-player, single-player costumes, etc. The environment looks very nice, and it's somehow near to realistic.The ending will surely tell you whether there will be a next series of AC or not, so buy it now! it's really worth it. In addition, there is a multi-player wherein you'll be needing an internet connection. the concept is about, assassinating each other, testing your assassin skills, blending with other people to cover your identity, etc. You'll be earning experience and level up, unlock new skills and new costume colors. the bad part is... it will take you about 10 minutes just to complete the player slots and start the game but sometimes it's really fast. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is my #1 game :-bd Expand
  4. Apr 7, 2011
    Although ACB runs and looks much better on the PC than it did on console, the PC port brings a number of glitches and bugs with it that are notably absent from the console versions. Smooth and detailed textures, as well as longer draw distances don't seem to make up for the fact that there is a substantial amount of z-fighting on higher-end cards (that is where textures flicker as they compete to occupy the same display plane). At times this is just a mild annoyance but at others it distracts from the scene immensley, and on a number of occasions I found myself having missed key dialog because I was so bothered by it. Furthermore, Ezio and NPCs seem to pass right through each other during animations. I've watched as Assassin Guild members leap easily through their opponents as if they were ghosts, landing far behind them as the vanquished enemy slowly falls to the ground. In short, it looks absolutely terrible and makes you wince when you see it -- and it happens almost every time. This is shoddy programming at best, pure indifference and apathy at worst. In sum, I'd recommend that those who own the console version stick to that. The PC version is too marred with bugs to be worth the money and I doubt Ubisoft will bother to fix any of this with a patch. Expand
  5. Apr 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First of all, I want to clarify that I am playing this on the following hardware (to back up my arguments, just in case there are any doubters out there). Phenom II x4 965 BE 3.4ghz, 8gb ddr3 1600 RAM, HD5770x2 crossfire, Win7 Ultimate 64bit. So basically what happens in this game is that the frame rate drops to 29-30fps and it doesn't matter whether it's maxed out or in the absolute lowest settings possible, or in between, or whatever, it's all the same. So what can possibly be wrong with this? as you see by the specs of my PC above, this should not be happening. In other words this is a poorly optimized console port, and it is going to lag terribly on anything below what I just mentioned above (that would suck to have to buy 8gb RAM just to play this game, yikes!). That is why I warn you now, there are no patches or future updates that will fix this issue, EVER. Good luck trying to play it well, if you want to play it with different hardware and you think my hardware is the issue, than you can probably try intel processors and nvidia cards, but as I have heard, the same exact thing happens with those and it doesn't matter anyway. As for myself, I'll just max it out because it's all the same. As for the game itself, its a fun game (for me), but like I said, it may be different for weaker hardware with all the lag, and poor optimization. And if you don't have at least quad core in the 3.0-3.4ghz range or 8gb ram, or an HD5770 Crossfire (the equivalent of a single hd5870, yikes! those are expensive too) than I suggest you skip this game, because according to my observations, that's the kind of hardware you require to play it at the minimal 30fps...OUCH! Expand
  6. Dax
    Mar 23, 2011
    The AC series are great. This one is the worst in the series yet. The story isn't as compelling as I hoped it would be. In comparison: It took me 5 days to complete AC2 and 2 days to complete AC Brotherhood.
    The story needs to improve because it just did not get me. Nevertheless great gameplay, but nothing new.
  7. Apr 3, 2011
    I played all games of AC series and i said this game can't be better but it still was better and better . In broterhood is all good of AC 1 and AC 2 and something else . Cristic's say's "story suck's " but i like him . He was full of twists and atmosphere was exciting. Ezio is tough guy and i like him . I won't say crap's its title "must have"
  8. Mar 27, 2011
    Ubisoft has crafted it's best port of an Assassin's Creed game yet. Not only are controls firmer and much easier to understand, but they are also unique and easy to navigate. Unlike the previous ports, there are no random graphical and gameplay bugs and if there were, then I haven't managed to spot them. The Graphics have been superbly optimized, much better than Assassin's Creed 2 on the PC. Despite their good intentions of deterring pirates, Ubisoft did away with their DRM settings and offered a much easier to use offline mode. Nevertheless, despite initial issues with the game launcher and connection, a quick look at the Ubisoft help page for the game quickly cleared away all my issues. And despite being 3 months late, ACB comes jam packed with all the DLC thus far as well as all the bonus characters and maps, courtesy of the Deluxe edition. Most other elements of the game are running quite like its counterparts of the consoles. While my only complaint thus far is with some further multiplayer connection issues, ACB on the PC is a stunning port, one that often isn't seen these days and any issues I may have with the game I trust Ubisoft will do a great job to fix them. Expand
  9. Apr 12, 2011
    Very good game. They are making it more and more and more into an rpg but not loosing sight of the action. In general i think is a standard games should have,. TIme and money was invested and a great final product produced, Buy it.
  10. Mar 22, 2011
    Amazing Game. Update to the graphics engine improves so much on the look and feel, auditory sounds in the cities make it so much more lifelike than in the past two games, the HUD has been slimmed down and the optimization of the game is just amazing. New interactions, attacks, items, weapons, city economies, additional parkour elements and a brand new storyline delving deeper into Desmond makes this much less an upgrade with the same characters and different storyline, but a fully new game with four times the facets as the previous one.

The multiplayer has been flawless since release day, being able to choose your own character skin and just the simple way to play multiplayer with the quick tutorial is so much fun and before you know it 2 hours have gone by in extreme fun. This was worth my $50 by a long shot.
  11. May 19, 2011
    The AC series has yet to let me down! After playing ACB, I await with great frustration for the next game of this franchise. The story keeps building up with great intrigue surrounding the modern day assassins.
  12. CBZ
    Mar 29, 2011
    There are many improvements in AC:B, making the gameplay more fluid and giving a higher variety of missions. Something I noticed is that it goes back to the colorfulness of the first title of the saga, since AC2 had darker and greyer colors and made it a little more depressing for my personal taste.
    The single player campaign is short (i was wondering if i was even half way through when i
    got to the end) and if im not wrong there are 9 memory sequences. The campaign also lacks of a consistent story, although i really enjoyed it. I didnt find any bugs i can remember.
    The multiplayer is fun and very exciting, although it could get a little repetitive if you overplay it. However there are different types of MP games such as Wanted, Escort, Chests and Alliance that will mix it up a little.

If you are looking just for the single player, i would not pay the full price right now, but if you also want to play some fun online games it might be worth it.
  13. Mar 30, 2011
    I love this game! ive played 43 hours and cant stop playing. I believe that the actual story needs the carry on a bit more, although a brilliant game overall. Its a real improvement on Assassins Creed 2 and the multiplayer is fantastic. I belive this is a must buy game!
  14. Apr 8, 2011
    In the era of lousy console ports, AC:B is a light in the darkness. While the story this time around is a little worse, it's still good. The combat's also improved greatly since AC 2, even though this makes the game a little too easy. All your favorite characters are here, some a little more....alive...than others. One thing I like about this game is that Desmond spends a little more time outside the animus, this gives the story a little more diversity; my one major AC 2 complaint was that Desmond's story wasn't as prominent, because I really wanted to hear more about that. The best new feature I loved about AC:B was multiplayer. It's really intense and a great sigh of relief for FPS multiplayer games. Expand
  15. Mar 27, 2011
    Not without the occasional flaws (like a camera that will actively hinder you on some maps) but the improved combat system and extra stuff to break up the routine make this the best game in the series.
  16. Mar 25, 2011
    In the days of horrible console ports, ACB gives a sad PC gamer a little hope. True, we had to wait several months for it to come out (like part 2 in the series), but it was more than worth the wait. Consider the alternative. If they would've released this at the same time as the consoles, everyone here would be doing nothing but yelling 'port!' and giving it negative reviews. I'm very, VERY glad Ubisoft took their time and delivered us this game in this state. There's barely any bugs, and if there are any, they can be overlooked. They are not gamebreaking. The graphics are stunning as usual, and I have yet to detect a single drop in FPS. Do note I am playing this game on a PC that is by today's standards considered 'pretty old', yet I am playing this game on max (except for AA settings).
    And also, the aggressive DRM has been removed. I consider it a duty for all PC gamers (especially the ones that are complaining about excessive porting) to go out and buy this game. Reward Ubisoft for their hard work to make this PC version not just good, but the best release! Next to that the game in itself is fantastic as well and worth buying even if it was a crappy port.
    One thing though: I would have given this game a 10, but I detracted one point because I smashed my mouse during one of the jumping puzzles. Automatically adjusting cameras at diagonal angles and keyboard jumping do NOT go well together. That's my only point of real criticism; that I have to go out and buy a new mouse. The scroll wheel's busted.
  17. Apr 17, 2011
    Best game ever...I hope the story continues and never ends...I played all games of AC series and i said this game can't be better but it still was better and better .
  18. Nov 8, 2011
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood" is a lovely game that is familiar with its predecessor AC2, only better. Sure, it gets kinda boring within several days (this time the story's more slower), but the new apprentice assassins (a new kind of add-on from the previous game) were the bomb. I liked having sidekicks of my own and let them do the dirty work while I silently kill my opponent. You could say they're the improvements of the thieves and prostitutes of AC2. Other than the campaign, the multiplayer was also a tense-full, action packed one. You don't know what might hit you, so focusing on the game is also a key component for the assassination multiplayer. Overall a engaging game I liked, and I will definitely recommend it. Expand
  19. May 5, 2011
    Multiplayer without LAN support, and a slightly less horrible version of a horrible and useless DRM system that only customers have to suffer through. Minuscule progress, but not enough, Ubi.
  20. Nov 28, 2011
    Good game. Runs flawlessly. Combat is addictive. The continued plotline is fantastic. Game is let down by an incessant need to upgrade and purchase everything, which distracts from the idea of being an "assassin". Or at least for me this felt odd compare to the previous entries in the series. The highlights for me have always been the modern day sections out of the animus. I'd like it more if ubisoft played around a bit more with the character you adopt in the animus rather than fixating on ezio. Sure he's a great character but I'm getting tired and it's obvious that Revelations will still feature Ezio... when I wish they moved on. Still it's their project and not mine, so it's up to them to deliver what they envisage. Expand
  21. Apr 27, 2011
    I'm pretty sure this game came out a few years ago and I believe it was called Assassin's Creed II. I used to be a fanboy, but they're too repetitive. I don't really get why these games are so successful. Oh you have three ways of being stealthy! Hide in a bail of hay! Blend with a Crowd! Or Sit on a bench! Not fun. Also this one is even more repetitive. It's one of those lame revolution stories which has become code for do the same exact thing x amount of times. Sorry, but this game just sucked. Expand
  22. Apr 10, 2011
    Superb Multiplayer, buggy Singleplayer (especially when using WASD controls), a horrendously cheesy script and poor characters. Doesn't advance the series in much other than storyline, so if you're a fan of the previous games it's worth playing. If not, checking it out for the impressive Multiplayer doesn't warrant the pricetag.
  23. Mar 24, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game was far too short in comparison to AC2. Only 9 sequences in total. I know from reading elsewhere there is alot that goes on between the last two sequences that was left out. :( Gameplay was good, but in order to get 100 synch you had to complete objectives with specific circumstances, which ultimately took a bit away from the game. Music composition was good as always. Kudos to Jesper Kyd. Side missions were very very repetitive (Towers). A bit sad that this maybe the last we play as Ezio as the main character and to leave it on such a note is... dissapointing. Hopefully AC3 we can play as him more. Who the hell does he conceive a child with? I mean he's pretty old according to the timeline at the end of ACB! Expand
  24. May 6, 2011
    awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!

all what I can say :D
  25. Apr 23, 2011
    Great Game!! I haven't played a single player game that kept me playing all night since GoldenEye 64. Definitely a must have. One of my top 5 favorites
  26. Jun 9, 2011
    ACB is very short, not complex story, boring world, boring mechanic of gameplay. I simply dont like it. I spent a lot of money (it costs same as AC2) and I was angry when I spent 2 days to finish the game. It is also too easy. I have seen a lot of bugs. I still thinks, that story is worst at this part of game. In a 3/4 of whole game I was telling myself "I should be sucked into gameplay already, why the hell nothing is happening?". Too many good reviews at magazines, websites. Where is demanding of great gameplay from all people. Why u counting game very high if it so weak and short? I think that people have too many games to play these days, which means that not so long gameplay = more time for other titles = good for them. But not for me, not for person who still is in total love to AC2 game. I am very disapointed. Expand
  27. Jun 18, 2011
    exactly the same as the other assassin creed games , no different ways of being stealthy, pickpocketing is unrealistic and pointless storyline is the worst ife ever seen in a game b4 .... seriously pacman has a better storyline
  28. Oct 1, 2011
    If you can spend your money on this, believe me it will not be a waste. Not only it adds to the fantastic story of AC with it's singleplayer mode, But the multiplayer game is also very original and exciting. I can say multiplayer ACB is something that everyone should play.
    The only flaw in Brotherhood (and other AC games) is that their single-player are always too easy that you will
    rarely die unless you have only 1 hand or go to kitchen for a snack during the game. Also i think multiplayer abilities & perks could be more amazing but the game itself is so amazing already so these are not too much of a problem. Expand
  29. Nov 17, 2011
    Anything less than 9 would be sheer injustice with this game. This game is truly worth the money you pay for it. The new Multiplayer mode is awesome.The Graphics are better than AC:2. The Story is awesome,the new weapon additions are praiseworthy. The scenery is beautiful and makes everything look real. i liked the addition of horses in this game and the "Borgia towers". The best part was the recruitment of assassins,sending them on missions and contracts and the help they lent during fights.

The story is beautifully and adequately explained and the ending of the game is ultimate and gives full satisfaction to an ASSASSINS CREED fan.

Gameplay:8/10
    Graphics:9/10 (when compared to AC:2)
    Story:10/10
  30. Nov 4, 2012
    This game is a total letdown. All series looks dumb with that complex(or dumb?) storyline that really looses itself in all that killing. One advice to developers: If you having simple gameplay then you should have SIMPLE storyline. Seriously - if you can't write complex and easy to follow storyline - don't even try!

Polished conversion of the console version cannot be labeled as an add-on. This is an excellent full-featured game with interesting multiplayer mode. Period. [Issue#203]
  2. Apr 27, 2011
    Built on the shoulders of Assassin's Creed II, Brotherhood is the most polished and robust execution of the Assassin's Creed formula yet.
  3. Apr 19, 2011
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood isn't as much a sequel as a completion to the second game, and while this is certainly the best game of the three so far, you probably don't want to jump into the story without having played at least the second game first.