8.1

1. Mar 22, 2011
    I love the whole AC games. assassin's creed brotherhood (ACB) is even better, offers me more open world. I love games which are based on real history. AC or ACB continue to trigger higher attraction. I was addictive to play longer for AC 2 before. without doubt, I will fall into history again, and let me just be Ezio. graphic, environment, story, voice acting.... all these elements work together to make ACB perfect game. I don't want to talk about detail of story (it will be a spoiler). only one thing what I regret is why ACB PC version is out now after long delay. but it is worthy of every penny. from today I will enjoy the ride of adventure of Ezio again. Expand
  2. Jul 7, 2011
    AC:B is almost a great game. Graphics are great, soundwork and voiceovers are as good as always for the series, the fighting has been improved and you can really use heavy weapons now, etc. I would love it except for one thing that ruins everything: the controls. Granted, this problem has been there in all AC-games, but with all the new moves and abilities in Brotherhood, as well as the stricter requirements on most missions, it is many times more glaring than it was before. Most of the time Ezio does the exact oppsite of what you feel you are telling him to, and with the mouse and keyboard, which I prefer, there is a huge problem with the camera being locked when you are jumping, preventing you from getting the direction right for the next jump, as well as idiotic button configuration. Who decided to make the buttons for grabbing and letting go of walls the same? And who thought it was a good idea to press E to activate tunnels for purchase, but Shift to activate them for use?

I'm not exaggerating if I tell you that 9 out of 10 times I get hit or fail a mission, it's because of some bug or control issue. Let me give you an example:

I'm playing a mission where I have to kill a group of guards without being noticed. I decide to climb onto a pillar and drop down on them, killing them with the dual hidden blade. For some reason Ezio decides to only hit one of them, because of a tiny fault in my aiming, which is impossible to see, and the other guy immediately sees me. Mission failed, start over.
    This time I try to shoot a lone guard. For some reason the camera suddenly changes to view behind Ezio, the shot fires in the wrong direction even though the guard was highlighted, and the noise alerts him. Mission failed, start over.
    This time I try to walk up behind two guards and stab them. Again Ezio decides to kill only one, despite being exactly in the middle of them, and again I am spotted. Mission failed, start over.
    This time I try to shoot a guard with the crossbow, then duck behind a wall for cover. The other guards only start turning around once I'm safely behind the wall, yet they see me straight through it anyway. Mission failed, start over.

And this happens over and over and over again in every single mission. This game COULD have been great. Instead it's an exercise in angry hair removal.
  3. Apr 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First of all, I want to clarify that I am playing this on the following hardware (to back up my arguments, just in case there are any doubters out there). Phenom II x4 965 BE 3.4ghz, 8gb ddr3 1600 RAM, HD5770x2 crossfire, Win7 Ultimate 64bit. So basically what happens in this game is that the frame rate drops to 29-30fps and it doesn't matter whether it's maxed out or in the absolute lowest settings possible, or in between, or whatever, it's all the same. So what can possibly be wrong with this? as you see by the specs of my PC above, this should not be happening. In other words this is a poorly optimized console port, and it is going to lag terribly on anything below what I just mentioned above (that would suck to have to buy 8gb RAM just to play this game, yikes!). That is why I warn you now, there are no patches or future updates that will fix this issue, EVER. Good luck trying to play it well, if you want to play it with different hardware and you think my hardware is the issue, than you can probably try intel processors and nvidia cards, but as I have heard, the same exact thing happens with those and it doesn't matter anyway. As for myself, I'll just max it out because it's all the same. As for the game itself, its a fun game (for me), but like I said, it may be different for weaker hardware with all the lag, and poor optimization. And if you don't have at least quad core in the 3.0-3.4ghz range or 8gb ram, or an HD5770 Crossfire (the equivalent of a single hd5870, yikes! those are expensive too) than I suggest you skip this game, because according to my observations, that's the kind of hardware you require to play it at the minimal 30fps...OUCH! Expand
  4. Apr 8, 2011
    I've played and finished both AC2 & AC:Brotherhood, just for the comparison... AC:Brotherhood took me less time to finish the story than in AC2. New moves & actions are now available but some new things made me bored like renovating places in Rome, finishing shop quests that will really take heavy loads of time and looting treasures for shop quests (items that are very rare). THE COOL PART is you can raise a brotherhood of assassins and send them to missions, give them contracts, and even call for their help when assassinating. In the Uplay website, there is a thing called "actions & rewards" and by doing these actions in the game, you will earn credits and you'll be able to unlock rewards such as the character for multi-player, single-player costumes, etc. The environment looks very nice, and it's somehow near to realistic.The ending will surely tell you whether there will be a next series of AC or not, so buy it now! it's really worth it. In addition, there is a multi-player wherein you'll be needing an internet connection. the concept is about, assassinating each other, testing your assassin skills, blending with other people to cover your identity, etc. You'll be earning experience and level up, unlock new skills and new costume colors. the bad part is... it will take you about 10 minutes just to complete the player slots and start the game but sometimes it's really fast. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is my #1 game :-bd Expand
  5. Apr 7, 2011
    Although ACB runs and looks much better on the PC than it did on console, the PC port brings a number of glitches and bugs with it that are notably absent from the console versions. Smooth and detailed textures, as well as longer draw distances don't seem to make up for the fact that there is a substantial amount of z-fighting on higher-end cards (that is where textures flicker as they compete to occupy the same display plane). At times this is just a mild annoyance but at others it distracts from the scene immensley, and on a number of occasions I found myself having missed key dialog because I was so bothered by it. Furthermore, Ezio and NPCs seem to pass right through each other during animations. I've watched as Assassin Guild members leap easily through their opponents as if they were ghosts, landing far behind them as the vanquished enemy slowly falls to the ground. In short, it looks absolutely terrible and makes you wince when you see it -- and it happens almost every time. This is shoddy programming at best, pure indifference and apathy at worst. In sum, I'd recommend that those who own the console version stick to that. The PC version is too marred with bugs to be worth the money and I doubt Ubisoft will bother to fix any of this with a patch. Expand
  6. Dax
    Mar 23, 2011
    The AC series are great. This one is the worst in the series yet. The story isn't as compelling as I hoped it would be. In comparison: It took me 5 days to complete AC2 and 2 days to complete AC Brotherhood.
    The story needs to improve because it just did not get me. Nevertheless great gameplay, but nothing new.
  7. Apr 3, 2011
    I played all games of AC series and i said this game can't be better but it still was better and better . In broterhood is all good of AC 1 and AC 2 and something else . Cristic's say's "story suck's " but i like him . He was full of twists and atmosphere was exciting. Ezio is tough guy and i like him . I won't say crap's its title "must have"
  8. Mar 27, 2011
    Ubisoft has crafted it's best port of an Assassin's Creed game yet. Not only are controls firmer and much easier to understand, but they are also unique and easy to navigate. Unlike the previous ports, there are no random graphical and gameplay bugs and if there were, then I haven't managed to spot them. The Graphics have been superbly optimized, much better than Assassin's Creed 2 on the PC. Despite their good intentions of deterring pirates, Ubisoft did away with their DRM settings and offered a much easier to use offline mode. Nevertheless, despite initial issues with the game launcher and connection, a quick look at the Ubisoft help page for the game quickly cleared away all my issues. And despite being 3 months late, ACB comes jam packed with all the DLC thus far as well as all the bonus characters and maps, courtesy of the Deluxe edition. Most other elements of the game are running quite like its counterparts of the consoles. While my only complaint thus far is with some further multiplayer connection issues, ACB on the PC is a stunning port, one that often isn't seen these days and any issues I may have with the game I trust Ubisoft will do a great job to fix them. Expand
  9. Apr 12, 2011
    Very good game. They are making it more and more and more into an rpg but not loosing sight of the action. In general i think is a standard games should have,. TIme and money was invested and a great final product produced, Buy it.
  10. Mar 22, 2011
    Amazing Game. Update to the graphics engine improves so much on the look and feel, auditory sounds in the cities make it so much more lifelike than in the past two games, the HUD has been slimmed down and the optimization of the game is just amazing. New interactions, attacks, items, weapons, city economies, additional parkour elements and a brand new storyline delving deeper into Desmond makes this much less an upgrade with the same characters and different storyline, but a fully new game with four times the facets as the previous one.

The multiplayer has been flawless since release day, being able to choose your own character skin and just the simple way to play multiplayer with the quick tutorial is so much fun and before you know it 2 hours have gone by in extreme fun. This was worth my $50 by a long shot.
  11. May 19, 2011
    The AC series has yet to let me down! After playing ACB, I await with great frustration for the next game of this franchise. The story keeps building up with great intrigue surrounding the modern day assassins.
  12. CBZ
    Mar 29, 2011
    There are many improvements in AC:B, making the gameplay more fluid and giving a higher variety of missions. Something I noticed is that it goes back to the colorfulness of the first title of the saga, since AC2 had darker and greyer colors and made it a little more depressing for my personal taste.
    The single player campaign is short (i was wondering if i was even half way through when i
    got to the end) and if im not wrong there are 9 memory sequences. The campaign also lacks of a consistent story, although i really enjoyed it. I didnt find any bugs i can remember.
    The multiplayer is fun and very exciting, although it could get a little repetitive if you overplay it. However there are different types of MP games such as Wanted, Escort, Chests and Alliance that will mix it up a little.

If you are looking just for the single player, i would not pay the full price right now, but if you also want to play some fun online games it might be worth it.
  13. Mar 30, 2011
    I love this game! ive played 43 hours and cant stop playing. I believe that the actual story needs the carry on a bit more, although a brilliant game overall. Its a real improvement on Assassins Creed 2 and the multiplayer is fantastic. I belive this is a must buy game!
  14. Apr 8, 2011
    In the era of lousy console ports, AC:B is a light in the darkness. While the story this time around is a little worse, it's still good. The combat's also improved greatly since AC 2, even though this makes the game a little too easy. All your favorite characters are here, some a little more....alive...than others. One thing I like about this game is that Desmond spends a little more time outside the animus, this gives the story a little more diversity; my one major AC 2 complaint was that Desmond's story wasn't as prominent, because I really wanted to hear more about that. The best new feature I loved about AC:B was multiplayer. It's really intense and a great sigh of relief for FPS multiplayer games. Expand
  15. Mar 27, 2011
    Not without the occasional flaws (like a camera that will actively hinder you on some maps) but the improved combat system and extra stuff to break up the routine make this the best game in the series.
  16. Mar 25, 2011
    In the days of horrible console ports, ACB gives a sad PC gamer a little hope. True, we had to wait several months for it to come out (like part 2 in the series), but it was more than worth the wait. Consider the alternative. If they would've released this at the same time as the consoles, everyone here would be doing nothing but yelling 'port!' and giving it negative reviews. I'm very, VERY glad Ubisoft took their time and delivered us this game in this state. There's barely any bugs, and if there are any, they can be overlooked. They are not gamebreaking. The graphics are stunning as usual, and I have yet to detect a single drop in FPS. Do note I am playing this game on a PC that is by today's standards considered 'pretty old', yet I am playing this game on max (except for AA settings).
    And also, the aggressive DRM has been removed. I consider it a duty for all PC gamers (especially the ones that are complaining about excessive porting) to go out and buy this game. Reward Ubisoft for their hard work to make this PC version not just good, but the best release! Next to that the game in itself is fantastic as well and worth buying even if it was a crappy port.
    One thing though: I would have given this game a 10, but I detracted one point because I smashed my mouse during one of the jumping puzzles. Automatically adjusting cameras at diagonal angles and keyboard jumping do NOT go well together. That's my only point of real criticism; that I have to go out and buy a new mouse. The scroll wheel's busted.
  17. Apr 17, 2011
    Best game ever...I hope the story continues and never ends...I played all games of AC series and i said this game can't be better but it still was better and better .
  18. Nov 8, 2011
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood" is a lovely game that is familiar with its predecessor AC2, only better. Sure, it gets kinda boring within several days (this time the story's more slower), but the new apprentice assassins (a new kind of add-on from the previous game) were the bomb. I liked having sidekicks of my own and let them do the dirty work while I silently kill my opponent. You could say they're the improvements of the thieves and prostitutes of AC2. Other than the campaign, the multiplayer was also a tense-full, action packed one. You don't know what might hit you, so focusing on the game is also a key component for the assassination multiplayer. Overall a engaging game I liked, and I will definitely recommend it. Expand
  19. May 5, 2011
    Multiplayer without LAN support, and a slightly less horrible version of a horrible and useless DRM system that only customers have to suffer through. Minuscule progress, but not enough, Ubi.
  20. Nov 28, 2011
    Good game. Runs flawlessly. Combat is addictive. The continued plotline is fantastic. Game is let down by an incessant need to upgrade and purchase everything, which distracts from the idea of being an "assassin". Or at least for me this felt odd compare to the previous entries in the series. The highlights for me have always been the modern day sections out of the animus. I'd like it more if ubisoft played around a bit more with the character you adopt in the animus rather than fixating on ezio. Sure he's a great character but I'm getting tired and it's obvious that Revelations will still feature Ezio... when I wish they moved on. Still it's their project and not mine, so it's up to them to deliver what they envisage. Expand
  21. Apr 27, 2011
    I'm pretty sure this game came out a few years ago and I believe it was called Assassin's Creed II. I used to be a fanboy, but they're too repetitive. I don't really get why these games are so successful. Oh you have three ways of being stealthy! Hide in a bail of hay! Blend with a Crowd! Or Sit on a bench! Not fun. Also this one is even more repetitive. It's one of those lame revolution stories which has become code for do the same exact thing x amount of times. Sorry, but this game just sucked. Expand
  22. Apr 10, 2011
    Superb Multiplayer, buggy Singleplayer (especially when using WASD controls), a horrendously cheesy script and poor characters. Doesn't advance the series in much other than storyline, so if you're a fan of the previous games it's worth playing. If not, checking it out for the impressive Multiplayer doesn't warrant the pricetag.
  23. Mar 24, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game was far too short in comparison to AC2. Only 9 sequences in total. I know from reading elsewhere there is alot that goes on between the last two sequences that was left out. :( Gameplay was good, but in order to get 100 synch you had to complete objectives with specific circumstances, which ultimately took a bit away from the game. Music composition was good as always. Kudos to Jesper Kyd. Side missions were very very repetitive (Towers). A bit sad that this maybe the last we play as Ezio as the main character and to leave it on such a note is... dissapointing. Hopefully AC3 we can play as him more. Who the hell does he conceive a child with? I mean he's pretty old according to the timeline at the end of ACB! Expand
  24. May 6, 2011
    awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!awesome!!!

all what I can say :D
  25. Apr 23, 2011
    Great Game!! I haven't played a single player game that kept me playing all night since GoldenEye 64. Definitely a must have. One of my top 5 favorites
  26. Jun 9, 2011
    ACB is very short, not complex story, boring world, boring mechanic of gameplay. I simply dont like it. I spent a lot of money (it costs same as AC2) and I was angry when I spent 2 days to finish the game. It is also too easy. I have seen a lot of bugs. I still thinks, that story is worst at this part of game. In a 3/4 of whole game I was telling myself "I should be sucked into gameplay already, why the hell nothing is happening?". Too many good reviews at magazines, websites. Where is demanding of great gameplay from all people. Why u counting game very high if it so weak and short? I think that people have too many games to play these days, which means that not so long gameplay = more time for other titles = good for them. But not for me, not for person who still is in total love to AC2 game. I am very disapointed. Expand
  27. Jun 18, 2011
    exactly the same as the other assassin creed games , no different ways of being stealthy, pickpocketing is unrealistic and pointless storyline is the worst ife ever seen in a game b4 .... seriously pacman has a better storyline
  28. Oct 1, 2011
    If you can spend your money on this, believe me it will not be a waste. Not only it adds to the fantastic story of AC with it's singleplayer mode, But the multiplayer game is also very original and exciting. I can say multiplayer ACB is something that everyone should play.
    The only flaw in Brotherhood (and other AC games) is that their single-player are always too easy that you will
    rarely die unless you have only 1 hand or go to kitchen for a snack during the game. Also i think multiplayer abilities & perks could be more amazing but the game itself is so amazing already so these are not too much of a problem. Expand
  29. Nov 17, 2011
    Anything less than 9 would be sheer injustice with this game. This game is truly worth the money you pay for it. The new Multiplayer mode is awesome.The Graphics are better than AC:2. The Story is awesome,the new weapon additions are praiseworthy. The scenery is beautiful and makes everything look real. i liked the addition of horses in this game and the "Borgia towers". The best part was the recruitment of assassins,sending them on missions and contracts and the help they lent during fights.

The story is beautifully and adequately explained and the ending of the game is ultimate and gives full satisfaction to an ASSASSINS CREED fan.

Gameplay:8/10
    Graphics:9/10 (when compared to AC:2)
    Story:10/10
  30. Nov 4, 2012
    This game is a total letdown. All series looks dumb with that complex(or dumb?) storyline that really looses itself in all that killing. One advice to developers: If you having simple gameplay then you should have SIMPLE storyline. Seriously - if you can't write complex and easy to follow storyline - don't even try!
  31. Sep 24, 2011
    User kentMOsabe reported that he experienced 29-30 fps frame rate for this game. IMHO, this game has no frame rate issue whatsoever. With the graphics maxed out, I get 60 fps average on FRAPS with V-Sync on (which is a feature of V-Sync, not a game limitation) and 127 fps average with V-Sync off. My system is I7-2600, GTX 580, 8GB of RAM, 64-bit Windows 7.
    if you are a fan of the AC
    franchise, this installment will not disappoint you. Note that AC:B combat and graphics are noticeably better than AC2. Also note that there are some rendering issues on the PC version (flickering) and it may disturb you at times Expand
  32. May 9, 2011
    Assassin's creed is one of the few modern series,that only "improved" with the sequel.
    this is also true with brotherhood.even though the core gameplay has only had minor changes, the changes that were made do feel awesome.Like taking the offensive in combat,now actually rewards you with brutal attacks, and combined with the existing counter move,can make for epic fights.
    The titular
    Brotherhood is disappointingly enough a negligible asset, they feel more like an additional weapon,rather then a real team, and their biggest use is to cheat you out of an challenge. In the open city of Rome,there are many Storyline missions and once you get far enough in the main storyline, you get a few choices of side quests to do that mix up the experience a bit,like missions with free running or missions that require stealth and reward you with something very awesome..
    and this is just the Singleplayer ! Brotherhood also features a Online Multiplayer Function! so all-in-all,AC:Brotherhood is a fun experience you'll be busy with for quite a while.
  33. May 24, 2011
    one of the best games I've played, story is really interesting with characters based in real life and the most unique and awesome multiplayer out there thanks to this game I haven't touched uncharted 2 or any other multiplayer game in weeks.
  34. Mar 27, 2011
    A potentially great game. The gameplay itself is repetitive, but the "fun" coming with the repetitiveness overlooks this flaw. Graphic is well done, although I have a major comment to make on this game. Its "cutscene character animation" could use more polishing, as it was a little bit too stiff. A good effort though with all the details such as the eyebrows to describe facial expression. Other graphic elements are well done. I do not dislike the short gameplay time. In fact it's more focused and less biased that way. If the story needs to end, end it.

Alas, this game is still a must-buy and is really fun to play (especially the replay memory feature).
  35. Jun 2, 2011
    True what they say; AC:B isn't as good as the others. History-wise that is. No doubt that AC2 had a better story ("The Truth" and all that), but that doesn't make this one bad. This however has more replay value than the past 2 games in the franchise, since you have the multiplayer part. And since in our day and age people are so hooked on social networks, like Facebook, this also "invades" that. Ubisoft really went all in with this one and I shouldn't be surprised if future AC games will be more and more like this one. In short: Evolution.
    And I for one, can't wait till Ubisoft realeases "Assassin's Creed: Revelations" which maybe will include the one think that this one doesn't have; Co-op. And as promised will tie up all loose ends (...and cliffhangers) from "Assassin's Creed 2" and "Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood".
    It will be epic!
  36. Nov 21, 2012
    Why do people enjoy this game? I have played AC1 and AC2 and liked them both. I liked AC1 even though many people didn't. I hated this game though. When I use the word "hated", I mean it. The story in this game has "filler" written all over it, except for the ending of course. I didn't, for one second, take any interest in the story development of this one at all.

The graphics and such
    were fine, although I personally think AC2 had a much better environment than this one did. Rome is basically a giant rundown ruined city with some farmland on the outskirts. I like the ability to dye my character's cloak, but no matter how I dye it he always sticks out. In AC1 his cloak was designed to mimic priest cloaks so he could get around in a crowd. Why is he still wearing bright white cloaks and crazy capes with a pointed hood? Is it really just to look cool? I stick out like a soar thumb when I'm walking around, how am I supposed to be stealthy?

The gameplay is where the downfall is. I don't remember any of the issues I had with AC:B being present in AC2. The first problem I have is simply running around. You hold RT+A (yeah I used a controller because keyboard support is dreadful) to run, but that is also the button combo to run up the side of a ledge or leap off a building. So while you're running, if you happen to pass by a column or building, your character will run up the side of that building and kill your momentum. Then you have to jump off of the building back down to the street and resume running. This can be an extremely annoying process if you're being chased. Another issue with running is if you're unlucky enough to run into a group of guards, which you WILL be doing if you go after Borgia captains, your character enters a "combat mode" where he pulls out his weapon and dances around like the guy from Last of the Mahicans. This also stops your momentum, but in a more annoying way. See it takes a lot of button mashing and re-positioning just to get the game to go "Oh he wants to run instead of fight!". So that Borgia captain you were chasing? Yeah, he's gone.

That leads me to another thing: Why can most Borgia captains run like 10 feet before the game decides they've "escaped"? He's right in front of me yet apparently he "got away"? That's extremely frustrating and cheap. I guess the developers decided that, in order to make some Borgia captains more difficult, they should put them directly next to their escape zone so that if you approach him he needs to only dash a yard or two before the god damn Star Trek Enterprise beams him up. Anyway, I'm going to play Revelations now and hope that this abomination fades from memory. If Revelations is any better then I just might move onto Assassin's Creed 3, but my god Brotherhood was just terrible.
  37. Apr 27, 2011
    Assassin's creed Brotherhood is a full blown sequel to one of the best examples of evolution in video games. The AC creed series began at the eve of the new generation of consoles and stunned audiences with its unique platforming and free roaming nature. However, the final game although still fantastic, fell short of the high expectations due to repetitiveness, limited combat techniques and dumb AI. The sequel AC2 made a tremendous "leap of faith" and reached all expectations with a fantastic scope that redefined the AC series among the greats such as Grand theft auto, Halo and Call of duty. Ezio is a rich character with resolve and motives to energize the player to follow his journey. Everything from the first game had seen an overhaul: Cities were bigger and varied with a lot more lively environment; Combat was gritty and fun; Free-running was sped up and amazing for exploration. Overall, the story matched these improvements and the game ended with a fantastic conclusion leaving the player wanting for more.

As audiences looked forward to a full blown sequel, Ubisoft montreal annouched AC: Brotherhood that picks up right after AC2 in Ezio's shoes. Players were worried about it being AC2.5. But those fears can be put to rest as AC: Brotherhood is a full blown sequel with various improvements over its predecessor with every bit of care and love by the Ubisoft team that propelled the previous game to fame.

Combat is now faster with a Batman-AA -esqe combo system allowing you to lay waste tens of enemies at once. The economic system has been improved increasing the value of money in game. Missions have a lot more variety and progression through the game is tweaked for the better.

Overall, the refinements further bring AC towards being a historic and story-driven cinematic GTA.

I look forward to further instalments in the series and wait eagerly for them to release on the PC.

Varun
  38. May 18, 2011
    Having never played Assassin's Creed before AC:B, I really can't tell this one is s better than the previous ones, but I definitely liked it. Firstly, the story was great and it should have lasted longer, but at least there were enough side missions to keep me occupied for a long time. Secondly, I loved the futuristic vibe the game gave me - even though I spent 85% of it roaming about Rome as Ezio, the atmosphere was so 'high-tech' that I could, ahem... feel Desmond and the others all the time. And finally, that plot twist at the very end? Now I can't wait for the next AC! So, great job, Ubisoft. Well, maybe I should mention that I only recently got into playing games, so I'm not too demanding a gamer, but nonetheless, a 10 for AC:B. Expand
  39. May 17, 2011
    I'm huge fan of AC series too and must say this is another great part. Only bad thing i can think of is game difficulty. With help from your order missions are too easy. Don't think i've died more then 2-3 times for entire game. Other then that perfect game :)
  40. Jun 4, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Long single with only few changes between one mission and other. Multiplayer with most servers empty.
    Also poor story and have to many jumping from part to part missions.... thats boring. But in other hand have a good graphic.
  41. May 28, 2011
    Easily one of...if not the best games made by Ubisoft , they really have captured ancient Rome and make you feel like you are apart of the vast community within the ACB world, with improvement to the way you fight the way you move and of course the all new ability to train assassins and be more interactive beyond the story is fantastic, only complaint i would have is that the story is too short, without playing the side missions or collectables, you will easily see this game finished in 3 days for the story, i do not get why people are comparing this to the console version, i have seen both versions and the console version lacks in graphics and noticeably less people walking around the streets, and possibly if there were any glitches they have certainly been patched out on steam, i have the game 89% complete and have never crashed or experienced 1 glitch, another thing i would like to see when ACR comes out is a longer story, a lot more side missions and maybe as they have shown with the "Leonardos disappearance" add on story, that maybe players can download the new missions or contracts to keep the game alive.

PC >> Graphics :10

Gameplay : 10
    Audio : 10
    Gamelife 8
  42. Jun 11, 2011
    I really liked AC1 and I liked the rest too but there's really 2 big problems with the series 1. is the gameplay sure it made you feel like a total badass killing 50 guys is absolutely no problem but where is the challenge if you tried to kill 50 or 15 people IRL it's more difficult certainly more difficult than AC:B. I don't know about you kids but I want to think while I play I don't just want instant gratification when I press a button and this is what this game promotes. The level design could also use some work you should think about your method of approach so there should be minimal scaffolding and all that or at least they should be disguised. 2. The story was interesting in AC1 now the series has made it generic by putting a saving the world plot with a bit of wtfery added in. All in all AC series is a casual game for casual gamers and well I'd recommend it for anyone who doesn't want to use their cerebellum when they're playing their video games but I'd rather not encourage that so I'm giving this a low rating. Expand
  43. Jun 24, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Brotherhood is great game, ,much assassinations and other fun stuff, great story... But graphics aren't even a bit better, so it looks little old. Also there is a one bug while climbing Colosseum I merged with wall. It looked funny, but starting mission from beginning wasn't funny. But game is great, awesome, long and just best Assassin's Creed ever! Expand
  44. Oct 1, 2011
    it is very good.my first game of assassin series.keeps u involvee for hours.though it a graphic demanding game it also runs on medium system.as my 512 mb gt210 handles it well
  45. Jul 11, 2011
    Assassin's Creed 2 is one of my favourite games of all time... however Brotherhood left me a little bored. It was a valiant effort to improve on the last one, but I thought they focused too much on adding new activities and not enough on the story. I lost track of the story by spending the large amounts of time required for shop quests etc and getting assassins together and sending them on missions. I also felt more of a sense of urgency in AC2 with the Templars always present etc, but Brotherhood didn't have this feeling at all. The story in AC2 was quite linear, but with this game, I think they've made it a little more like Grand Theft Auto by focusing on extra activities. I like this in GTA4...but for some reason in this game I would've preferred a more linear story line...it lost the immersive feeling that AC2 had.... not a bad game at all, but I was a little disappointed and it didn't live up to the previous one. Expand
  46. Jul 22, 2011
    Great storyline and general gameplay makes the game a "must have" in everyone's collection. Unfortunately tough, the battles are very easy and you seem to be able to defeat houndreds of enemies without much trouble if you played AC2. Another bad point is in the Multiplayer mode. Although the idea was great and the execution fine, you will find it very hard to play with your friends online.
  47. Jul 22, 2011
    The game is buggy as heck but it is fun. Calling in your fellow assassins to do your dirty work is satisfying. I'm looking forward to the next installment.
  48. Sep 6, 2011
    The game is amazing, I always liked the feel of playing Assassin's Creed, and I will always love. The gameplay is improved and have new counter attacks and they or awesome. The only differences, but stupid are little things that you did in Assassin's Creed II, that you do not do in this.
  49. lmg
    Oct 18, 2011
    when i started playing this game i had no experience of assassin's creed 2(although i had played the first AC game), but really telling you this game can be counted as one of the best game i had ever played. i spent countless hour on this game and had a lot of fun. the graphics are great, the story is deep and engaging(although small) but the best part was the combat. i think the combat is fluent. i played AC2 after AC brotherhood and i realised that the combat is much improved in AC brotherhood. i think the avg user score is much less than it deserves. that is why i am giving it 8.5. Expand
  50. Nov 3, 2011
    Its amaizing how Ubisoft managed this game. It all started with AC 1. i couldnt stop playing and still it got repetitive. When AC 2 came out I thought it was a piece of brilliant software that was actually worth paying for. Most of gamers thought AC 2 was the limit. HELL Nooooo. ACB confirms that sky is truly the limit. It has amused me again. I just dont know what will they do with Revelations.
    Its hard to make sequels better and more interesting, so far it was a good streak, lets hope the same fate for ACR
  51. Nov 21, 2011
    Awesome game but I did miss something what was in AC2 but the multiplayer big plus. The story don't just break the story what was told in AC2. ACB is one thing that I like in the story and it was that you didn't anymore go to an another cities and the weapon collection is just even greater. The money investion thing or something called that is working. The Assassin reqruits are also a good thing. Monument's are good thing that feels you in the city right now when you are playing. The horse riding in the city is just good and helps you get away to safty or just getting fast to place A to B. also the getting out of the animus and the synch thing is also a big plus. Expand
  52. Nov 20, 2011
    What can I say besides brilliant. AC Brotherhood is the same as in walking around assassinating Templar's, and rich dudes but now you have a whole new arsenal of weaponry. Crossbows. Two-Handed weapons, poison gun darts and much more. I gave this a rating of 8 because I am a big fan of the assassin creed games but it is slightly the same e.g. maps and campaign. If you are new to AC games then you will enjoy this game alot. If your a Hardcore fan, you will enjoy this game alot. If you played the others and thought that they were Ok but not amazing then dont buy this game. Hope this helps. Expand
  53. Dec 22, 2011
    This game is the best! I just have so many comments to say about this game that I can only say this is a game you should buy. 11 out of 10, I really like it.
  54. Dec 29, 2011
    Awesome graphics, awesome gameplay, awesome story... everything is just so freaking good. The game is still fresh, not repetitive, fun as hell. It's almost perfect, but it's kind of unfair to give it a 10/10 if it's not very innovative. I mean, the game is almost perfect, fresh, but it's not very different from the second one. I'd give it a 9,5 if I could.
  55. Dec 23, 2012
    As the best game in the Assassin's Creed series, this stands as one of the more memorable games of this console generation. The franchise in general falls short in terms of controls - they are often less than fluid and you will find yourself cursing when Ezio does the opposite of what you wanted him to do. However, everything else is spot on, and exceeded my expectations. The city in which you are thrown, 1500 A.D. Rome, is remarkably large and faithful to history, containing recreations of many famous buildings. There is ton to do in the game, including new features such as calling upon assassins which level up and can be sent on missions for money and experience. You can buy buildings as well to extend your control and guarantee yourself a higher income. With great graphical style, the setting is perfect. The story is also fairly good despite the fact that it pulls a Lost on you at the end, leaving you in confusion and anticipation of a sequel to further explain things. The gameplay is as fun as ever, jumping around rooftops and finding ways to climb and explore the environment, in prince of persia style. Expand
  56. Aug 13, 2012
    Had a great experience with Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. It added new moves, better counter attacks and a cool assassin's recruitment. Still, Brotherhood is not better than It's predecessor, for It's disappointing ending and from some glitches. Despite from those problems, Brotherhood is a must have game for everyone. 88 out of 100.
  57. Jan 25, 2013
    The multiplayer was one of my favorite features on this game. I just logged in a couple nights ago after a thorough disappointment on AC3's multiplayer. To my surprise, there is still a huge following for ACB's multiplayer. This game is at the top of my list.
  58. Apr 26, 2013
    Like Assassin's creed 2, brotherhood is an upgrade from the last one. Now you have a assassins group, and the entire Roma to explore. Is good, but only this.
  59. Mar 11, 2013
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is an improvement in many ways on the second game there is a lot more free-running, the levels are better suited for Ezio's skills, there are a lot more interesting environments to play in... And yet. And yet there's something missing. This game suffers from a few issues. While they don't break the experience, they do lessen it. 1) The characters suck. You feel very little to no connection to the characters in the game. You just don't really care about them. Yes, they were in ACII, but there's just... nothing really there that grips you.

2) The main story campaign is quite short. Like, shockingly so. The sidequests are good and add to the length of the game...

3) But the collectables still suck. There are ten feathers, 101 borgia flags, a gross number of treasure chests.. and quite frankly its all pointless. Well, the treasure chests aren't completely useless, though many of them are, but the rest of them are there for the sake of being there, and just don't add anything to the game. Running around collecting them is dull, and while platforming is fun, the problem is that most of them are not actually difficult to get to in the first place they're just difficult to find without the treasure maps. And some of them are all about running for a minute in a direction, then running in a minute in the OTHER direction, which just sucks.

4) The whole "city management" and "assassin management" thing is pointless. Not only do you end up with gargantuan piles of money, but running around restoring the stores is a time waster, as is sending your assassin recruits on missions. They're very empty experiences.

5) Combat. The combat in this game is just terrible. There's very little variety in enemies, but it doesn't matter because you can kill almost all enemies by calling in your assassin recruits the only time you CAN'T is when you arbitrarily are denied them. Worse still, you are ridiculously powerful your ranged attacks one shot them, your surprise attacks one shot them, your smoke bombs let you murder crowds out of hand... the combat in this game is really trivial and mostly a waste of time, because it isn't actually fun. Assassinating people is the funnest part, and most of that is about stealth, which is fun, and the stealth kills, which can be alright but often become stupid because you can just use a crossbow or throwing knife or poison to off them from a distance.

6) The ending is bad. After about halfway through act 8, the game becomes pretty much entirely about combat. For three levels, you gain a totally overpowered item which just says "Press X to win" and essentially cannot die (but likewise cannot use anything BUT said item), and then the final level is all combat without the fun of assassination or stealth. As combat is the worst part of the game, understandably this leaves a sour taste in the player's mouth.

7) The game tries too hard to be enigmatic. I understand that they're trying to seem mysterious, but they mostly succeed in just making everything feel like a let down.

8) The story in renaissance Italy is just boring. I don't care about the characters and it feels like a disconnected strung-together chain of events.

9) Sometimes, the platforming feels a little too choreographed, which becomes especially obvious at certain points in the game, where it feels like I'm just being lead by the nose by level design without any real interesting input on my part.

All in all, the game is decent, but not amazing.
  60. May 14, 2011
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood decided that the series needs more fetching quests. They introduced shop quests where you hunt for hard to find items in exchange for better equipment. Problem is that once you got the items you need for that kick ass bastard sword you were far up enough in the game to buy much better one from the shop.
    Few welcome breaths of fresh air was the fact that you
    actually were in command of an assassin's guild and you could call your minions to help you by snapping your fingers. You best not help them fighting though, because if that friend of yours happens to jump in front of your bullet, they die. The developers tried to make you have some kind of affection to the recruits by giving them names and different faces. You also had to watch through their recruitment ceremony (unskippable of course). After having watched 3 of these recruitment ceremonies you went to grab a drink while the same cut scene is being shown.
    Single player was okay, but wasn't as good as Assassin's creed 2's long campaign that spanned through many cities. What issues I have with it is mostly nitpicking, but what I really bought the game for was the multip layer, however the matchmaking in PC is just awful.

Usually you spend more time finding people to play with than to play the game. You cannot grab a server and join in. You have to be inserted in a group and server by the computer. During the progress computer voice keeps telling over and over again you how it's searching for more players. Can I have my server browser now computer, now that you find how this console port automated match making doesn't work?
    Slowly by raising the search area from your street to your home town you might find 8 players to play with. Then wait for a server to open beings... Once you get a server two people have ragequitted from the lobby.

If you are lucky you get to play the real game for few minutes and your quarry is jumping on a roof somewhere instead of blending into the groups and trying to act natural. It gets better once you get the hidden gun and throwing knives... When the groups are good the game is playable, but do not bother with the less popular game modes, there are never enough people to play with, unless you have half an hour to waste to actually play the game for 10 minutes.
  61. Jun 29, 2014
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood would be an OK game if it didn't have so many problems. The story is mediocre, it isn't very engaging and unlike most other sequel games, the game doesn't really do anything to catch you up on what happened in the last game, the game that this one follows directly. You get a few minutes of cutscene at the beginning and that is it, it leaves you with no idea what's happening in the real world or in the dream world.

Luckily, the writing in the game is so mediocre you can see straight though the plot, There is no depth to it, everything I thought was going to happen has happened, there has been no surprises yet, the story is just bland, uninteresting and unengaging.

Gameplay is bad, just... bad. Controls are an outright mess, they are entirely unintuitive and seem to switch function and overlap function on a whim, for instance, when you go up to something, the interact button seems to switch between "E" and "Shift" seemingly at random, and sometimes interact is "Press any button"
    The combat is imprecise, boring and at times unresponsive. Yet is still so mind-numbingly easy it is very hard to fail.

I purchased this game after playing Black flag in order to maybe get some sort of context for the alternate storyline, but it makes as little sense in this one as it does in black flag, it is such a drag every time the game pulls you out of the game and forces you to play through a "real world" mission with Desmund, the characters are boring and the story is badly written and is extremely predictable.
  62. Jun 5, 2011
    A console port done right. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood looks, runs, and plays just as well on PC as it does on Xbox with a few very minor exceptions. As for the gameplay it has all you can expect from an AC game. Rome, where the majority of the game takes place, is huge and filled with an ever growing number of things to do. Missions abound in this game and you'll get hours and hours of play out of it. If you like AC2 you'll definitely like this game. Expand
  63. Apr 5, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Assassins Creed Brotherhood, is a great game. but its too short... just like Assassins Creed I and II its way too short.. the story though is pretty cool, and the "assassin army" i F'n BAD ASS :D the graphics rule but the story mode is too short. MP is awesome, a little disappointing because i thought it was a big open world with assassin stuff, like SP world with other players... but this way MP still KICKS ASS! Expand
  64. May 6, 2011
    A beautiful looking game, but I feel very restricted as to what I can do- if I don't follow the set-course I become "discombobulated" very quickly. Climbing, jumping and so on seem a bit too easy. I would rather a bit more skill instead of key-punching. I wish could accidentally fall and get injured or even die- but this doesn't seem possible. In single player mode at least the game seems to "scripted" Expand
  65. Jun 4, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 7
    es un gran juego y ofrece muchas cosas para hacer ademas de la historia principal, talves no logra mantener un guion fuerte como el segundo juego de la serie pero es importante para completar la historia de ezio. a partir de ahora la serie de seguro tomara otro rumo, habra que esperar para ver cual es
  66. May 17, 2011
    This is a very very hard game to review, this being down to the fact that i am a huge fan of the last two Assassin's Creed games. In all honesty I felt a little let down by 'Brotherhood' as I built up this crazy idea that the multiplayer would be something incredible, which it wasn't. Instead it ended up being very repetitive after a couple matches and was rather easy as well, as maps are quite small, giving your enemy nowhere to hide. On the other hand, the single player doesn't fail to impress, once again another fantastic storyline from Ubisoft and following the small taste of the modern age at the end of the last Assassin's Creed, we get to play more as Desmond and use the skills he's learnt by watching his ancestor Ezio. The one downfall to 'Brotherhood' is that the free running over vast scenery had to live up to the last sequels beautiful Venice, but fails to do so. 'Brotherhood's' map soon becomes boring and you will find yourself putting the game down before you complete it, unlike the other two. With all this being said I am rating Assassin's Creed Brotherhood with a 7 because it is a decent enough game to buy and play, but just make sure you don't pay full price for it as you may be disappointed. Expand
  67. May 19, 2011
    Not a bad game at all! Feels more like a big arsed expansion, I do hope they do some more of niles' story. The cities are just awesome looking, love going from rooftop to rooftop. Nice and fun like the other AC's

Good solid effort, 7.5 / 10 ;)
  68. May 30, 2011
    When I first started playing this game. I found it absolutely wonderful. The horrible combat system had been modified (I loved the hell out of the unending kill animations) to make it 10 times better. The melee system was worth something now (sorry, but the final fight in AC2 wasn't worth much, hardly an epic final fight), and they threw a whole lot of new weapons into the game that made it quite a decent change from AC2. The Assassin recruits were a very nice addition, though at times it didn't feel much worth it. That being said, there are a few other things about this I didn't like.

Obviously the amount of time it takes to beat the main storyline isn't all too great when compared to AC2. The side quests did feel a bit repetitive at times, but it could have been easily overlooked. The assassin recruits got a bit annoying at times, and a lot of the time you would hardly use them. Of course, I did like some things about the game aside from what's already been said.

The customization options were nice, freerunning was slightly tweaked for the better, being able to carry around heavy weapons was fun for a while, the kill animations felt more satisfying, and killing a whole bunch of guards was no longer a chore. Hell, it felt like Ezio could slay an army at times in the game.

The only major complaint I have about this game is the machines Ezio has access to at times. For example, the bomber sequence was quite honestly annoying, and I found myself playing it multiple times just to beat it. I question the wisdom of whoever put Leonardo's Machine Gun into the game, because it honestly felt too much like a FPS, and the cannons were essentially useless. I could have liked this things, but they are (for the most part) only used in one or two sequences! Great, I had to learn the controls to flying the bomber, but I'll never use it again? Ugh.

All in all, I do like this game. It's worth the buy, but definitely get it for a console, unless you're willing to put up with a few bugs. For me, this kinda feels like the comparison of Fallout 3 to New Vegas when comparing it to AC2. New Vegas tweaked a few things missing or damaged from the first game, but it left some things behind, and forgot to fix some of the bugs in the meantime. The same goes for this game. It fixed the bad melee system of AC2, modified the combat system to make it less tedious, and let you use heavy weapons or long weapons for more than one fight or two. It's good enough to play, just try to ignore the one or two faults and you'll love this game.
  69. Jun 8, 2011
    While the game is certainly MUCH better than its HORRIBLE predecessor, it still doesn't come out on top.The combat is very choppy abd very annoying when little tweaks plague you.The assassinations require you to not be seen, and some have a time limit.EVERY assassination goes like this, besides the final one(No further details will be given).A good game, but not that great.
  70. Aug 31, 2013
    Almost perfect. Great graphics (PC), meaty and satisfactory combat (awesome finishers!), very good gameplay mechanics and an interesting story. I really enjoyed this one!
  71. Aug 29, 2011
    This has been my first game of the Assassin's Creed series that I bought, and have both come to enjoy and hate some of the aspects of it. First of all, I'd just like to say that I bought the game for the multiplayer aspect, didn't get any further than 40 minutes into the singleplayer and havn't continued from there yet. The multiplayer was alot of fun at the beginning, but it quickly became obvious that most people run around on the roofs, making it almost impossible for yourself to take them out unless you venture up there yourself. But any half decent player will see you miles away and understand why you're there and keep a distance. There is a gun that you can use against them aswell, but it doesn't net you alot of points. So if you, just like me, would enjoy hiding in crowds and stalking you're victim, you can forget it. Another thing which really bugged me was the poison ability, a game with Assassin's must of course have poison in it, but the points which you gain for simply walking past someone and sticking them is ridicolus sometimes. Using abilities also sometimes didn't seem to have an effect, as throwing a smokebomb down on the ground when you know someone close to you is about to shiv you, but then just to get a cutscene to see that person jump through it, land on you in the middle of the smoke and then kill you. But, in the end, I had a good enough time with this game's multiplayer mode for the money I spent to buy it. Expand
  72. Jan 1, 2013
    Although limited in scope compared to the series' previous installment (being set mainly in Rome the entire time), the story still delivers and the gameplay still does not disappoint. Addition of horses and stables in the city is an interesting idea, and well executed. Story is interesting enough to keep you going. New Assassins system is extremely interesting, fun, and enjoyable to play with and use against enemies. I could go on, but Brotherhoods is an enjoyable game. However, parkour system is still as clunky as ever, and there isn't much of anything special about the game compared to the previous installment other than random mini-games. Expand
  73. Nov 6, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I was quite pleased with AC:B despite the fact that it was in fact very similar to AC2... until I got to a certain point in the story line where I was sent on a mission where I was only allowed to use the apple of eden. There was only one thing to do: click repeatedly. It was really slow, so I called in some assassins, but as more guys came, several of them died. I was helpless because I couldn't switch weapons and the gameplay was simply terrible during those sections. Recently I found huge errors where the screen would go to this ugly shade of brown and I was blind. If I was fighting at the time, it didn't turn out so well. You could move around and *maybe* your vision would go back to normal, but it was pretty much a crap shoot. This happened consistently in several sections of the map. Also, the ending made me angry. I'm sure that there will be explanations in Revelations, but as it is, I'm left with a main character who is dead and now Desmond is a murderer. Now don't take this review completely the wrong way, AC:B offers a unique gaming experience unrivaled by many other similar games. The issues that I've mentioned and the fact that it is so similar to AC2 are what made me give it a 6. Expand
  74. Jan 13, 2012
    I bought this game out of a random trade deal that I thought would be worth it, like a 2$ game for a 40$ game, that sounds good doesn't it, so I put the game in and you know what, I liked it this game was fun. After a few days of campaign I finally beat it and didn't want to do the extra missions cause they were kinda boring, so what now? Well with nothing to do I tried multiplayer, multiplayer is just awful, its not fun at all the first 50 minutes I didn't even know what the hell I was doing and even now I really don't know, so I guess overall this game is a quick, repetative, and boring game after the first playthrough and multiplay just sucks so I wouldn't even recommend getting the next one in the series. Expand
  75. May 21, 2013
    The best Assassin's Creed game. The story is absolutely amazing and the gameplay is the best yet. There are so many interesting side missions and other things to do that it keeps you playing for hours on end and it just never gets old. One of the best games I've played in a long time.
  76. Sep 22, 2014
    Game: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Genre: Action Developer: Ubisoft System: Steam (PC) Total Score: 92/100 Value Score: 9.2/10 • Story: 10/10 • Characters: 10/10 • GamePlay: 10/10 • Graphics: 9/10 • Sound: 10/10 • Music: 9/10 • Length: 6/10 • Replay Value: 8/10 • Player Value: 10/10 Pros +Retains similar gameplay style to AC2 however adds many new elements to combat and item system
    +A lot of new type of missions and scenarios that add more to the sidequest portion of the game
    +Making money and increasing the economy now affects the entire city of Rome and is done differently from the previous game
    +More storyline and gameplay involvement with Desmond
    +Battles are much more bigger and more dynamic
    +Recruit Assassins to assist you in battles or even to partake in their own exclusive missions
    +Multiplayer Mode that comes with co-op and Free For All PvP Style
    +Gain the ability to redo missions and memories unlike the last game
    +Improved soundtrack

Cons
    -The game is much shorter than AC2
    -The game mainly takes place in one region/City
  77. Nov 26, 2011
    Nice graphics, good gampelay, nice story. It's just a good game, i don't see any bad thing's in it. Maybe few similiar mode's in multiplayer, but it's still good game. I recommend!
  78. Aug 2, 2014
    I played this game late, after having read all the positive reaction. This confuses me, since I found it to be worse than all of its predecessors. The introduction of assisting assassin recruits is a very positive change, but, in every other aspect, AC:B is slipping away.

Fighting, more than ever, is now all about button mashing. The original title had some interesting combo dynamics,
    which I didn't even get to check whether they were still there. There was no place for them. Luckily, you can call for help and end the battles quicker.

The controls in AC games have always had a bad rep. For some reason, in AC:B their suckiness is more in your face than ever before. Probably because AC:B is so poor in things to help you feel better about it. Few things can bring you faster to rage than Ezio spontaneously changing direction and jumping sideways towards a wall, causing you to fail your time-sensitive goal.

The writing is the thinnest it has every been. Master-blahblah is building up, kill his characterless helpers, then kill him. Seriously, was there a single character in this game, besides Ezio himself? And don't get me started about how they've jumped the shark with the alien AI whatever-it-is thing.

And the title's trademark, freerunning, became less free and more of a mechanic to solve puzzles, Tomb Raider style. Running on rooftops makes no practical sense anymore. Speaking of which, I always liked the environment's realistic and lived feel. Well, not anymore. Unless someone can explain why medieval architects would place uniform door switches high on walls and odd beams to help people with superhuman climbing skills get there.

Tying the whole degression together is the city of Rome, the worst depiction of a city in any AC game. Rome is repetitive, hard to navigate (especially from the rooftops) and visually depressing.

AC has a lot to capital to burn before becoming a bad game. But it didn't make to good this time either.
  79. Jul 23, 2012
    Continuing off AC2, Brotherhood adds some entertaining elements to the game while giving Desmond more to do in the present-day. If you liked AC2, this is a no brainer to pick up. Jasper Kyd's continued brilliance in composing soundtracks adds to the atmosphere in Rome. Gameplay is mostly similar to AC2- which I liked. Why change what works? The story is perhaps not quite as compelling as its predecessor's, but the way in which it works the factions and side quests into the main story keeps things interesting. Overall, I recommend it! Expand
  80. Dec 3, 2013
    Awesome story, great detailed setting, memorable characters, everything about this game was epic. The only thing preventing it from getting a solid 10 is it's linearity, which is there for every AC game but is something I hate in games so it gets a 9/10 instead.
  81. Aug 15, 2012
    A- Ten? Really? Yes. Really. Not perfect, but as good as a game can get. Addictive gameplay, excellent game design, Great story, And once again addictive game play. Even getting from one place to another is fun, and the wide range of weapon types (and animations to support them) can make every fight distinct. While every good game attempts to create a "real life" feeling, Assassin Creed succeeds simply because it does the opposite and claims: Nothing is real- You are just reliving a memory using the animus. This doesn't mean the graphics are any less good, but it does make any aspect of the game feel real. Nothing is real, everything is premitted. Expand
  82. Mar 10, 2014
    Another gorgeous game. Assassin's Creed keeps getting better. I love to play in ancient Italy, fight a big number of Borgia soldiers and burn down their towers. It's a great video game.
  83. Apr 21, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is not long as the previous one, and you will be most of the time in Rome, as the previous one you will be able to buy and open shops of your own, which will give you money for a better gear, there's even a Facebook application which integrate with this game called "Project Legacy" that will help you to unlock bonus in-game. Expand
  84. Nov 23, 2012
    I played every AC game up till now, I experienced the franchise before saying something ugly. The way I see it Brotherhood is supposed to have 5 strong parts of the game: 1. Fighting system 2. Acrobatics 3. Story 4. Sims-part 5.Stealth. Well in my opinion they are all broken and disconnected in this game. Fighting is stupid. Where in a decent game you have to carefully think what attack type to apply to every enemy and in what order, here it is enough that you stand in block and counter-kill any opponent and kick in balls every 5-th opponent. That is all. Of course you can diversify it if you want. Use bullets, arrows, smoke etc. But there's no need. There is always maximum of 2 enemies attacking you simultaneously. You can easily kill a crown of hundreds soldiers given the time of 10 minutes. Which leads to a sad conclusion that you do not actually need new equipment, I didn't even buy a crossbow for 8th chapter(and I bought it because I wanted to see how it works). You can complete the whole game without new armor, gloves, daggers, swords. And you won't feel any difficulty without them. So you do not need to invest money into stables, tailors, workshops, because you don't need equipment, you do not need invest in anything, because you do not need money. Assassins' help is also a tool of differentiating of a game process if you wish. A huge part of a game can be easily cut out without anyone noticing. In the Witcher 2 when I play on high difficulty, I use sharpening stones, craft new equipment, collect herbs, make potions, bombs, oils to survive. I use boosts, magic anything to survive. I feel acomplishment when I get through the area filled with enemies, boss battle etc. Here I never feel difficult. During the game I never died for Christ Sake! The acrobatics alwasy rotate me during the jump. Often you hang down from the balcony even when you clearly push jumping combination. In a whole lot of missions you need precision to meet 100-sync requirements. But the game does not grant it to you. Most of side missions are dull. Yes, I can differentiate them, but I want to be engaged, I don't want to track and kill a person in every mission. I want to see the story. What kind of a story can be told in few phrases? When it comes down to the main plot it is also a garbage bin. You are never told of the functioning mechanism of eagle vision. You still do not know anything about the main powers taking part in the story, but you are induced to follow their actions and foggy explanations. It all looks like a bad amateurish science fiction. You know what, I'd prefer straight and simple "Dishonored" story to this one. It is the same thing as "LOST" movie series. You try to prolong the story and don't explain anything up until the end simply because you don't know how to explain what you have already implemented in the story. You have nothing to say. I never understood what was the point of creating big games combining gameplay from multiple genres, if any part of it is made worse than in the game you took it from. It is like Renaissance Call of Duty: don't ask, just play! Well I do not agree to that. Expand
  85. Nov 3, 2012
    This is what happens when the publisher (or developers, I'm not sure) gets greedy. Brotherhood is an oversized standalone add-on, but not in any way a direct sequel. It offers NOTHING new in terms of the plot development (except for Desmond's storyline, which fits in like half an hour) and retains the protagonist from the sequel, Ezio. I must say that I personally don't find Ezio such a spectacular character as many seem to do - he is a generic good guy who lost his family and wants his revenge, and here he evolves into a generic old wise master giving advice. The gameplay features some additions, like taking back city districts (dull and repetitive), recruiting assassins (simplifies killing enemies even further, but looks nice, I admit) and a slight change in the combat system - now it's stupefied to a never-before-seen level: to kill the first enemy you must button mash or counter-kill him as usual, but to kill the next one you just need... to press one button. That's it, the "press x to win" stereotype going live. In terms of graphics, it's definitely an improvement, as the game's got the smooth looks matching or besting AC1's. My score would've been lower if not for the addition of the multiplayer mode. It's fresh, fun and will surely keep you entertained for a few weeks at least. Overall, this is a totally unnecessary addition to the franchise, a worrying move towards the COD's "a game a year" system, the Assassin's Greed. Expand
  86. Jan 16, 2013
    AC: Brotherhood is a good game that suffers a bit from feeling more like an expansion of AC II and not enough like a full game. It continues the story, setting, and characters of the previous game, while introducing a few new mechanics. Unlike the first 2 games, in this one you spend most of your time in a single city, Rome, which is considerably larger than previous cities to compensate for this. While this isn't a huge problem, it does end up feeling like 'more of the same,' and after awhile running around the same location gets a bit boring. Brotherhood introduces a few new weapons and skills, but nothing special. The shop investment mechanic has been expanded to allow you to buy and invest in various shop types around Rome. This is an interesting diversion, but adds little to the game. The real virtue of this game is simple in continuing the story and further developing the characters. It is certainly worth playing, and is plenty fun, but lacks significant originality: it just feels like AC II part 2. Expand
  87. Feb 26, 2013
    This game didn´t cease to surprise me. The combat mechanics are very addictive, and the gameplay cunning and full with surprises. I played this game for a week and ended up playing every free moment I had until I completed all I could. The story is amazing, and I highly reccomend it for gamers wh want to have a good time for the 15 hours the game gives you, not counting the sidequests the endless seeking of guards and enemies to kill.
    You have a widw range of weapons, and trying to max-level up your assassins will give you extra fun. This is a great game.
  88. Aug 30, 2012
    The storytelling is so much better than in part 1 and 2, but I'm missing the main target videos like in AS2. The climbing and the battles are much fun and there is so much to do outside the main story.
    Real good job ubi.
  89. Mar 19, 2013
    ACB is a bewildering mixture of good, mediocre and BAD design choices. The good is the city and the way the game hero moves around it. Climbing and jumping is fun and the views from the rooftops are amazing. This game shows the fruits of awesome historical research. Sadly every other feature of the game get worse from there and the final product is tragically mediocre considering the amount of time and effort that went into it. The combat is mediocre, and confusing. The controls are BAD. The medieval elements of story are great but TOTALLY RUINED by an idiotic and unneccessary added level of madness in the form of a time travel story, which seemingly functions to destroy a made-for-adults plot and reduce the whole thing to a product for seven year olds. A special observation needs to be reserved for the horrible playstation 2 UI which tries hard to be 'cool and 'modern' but turns out to be unwieldy ugly and UNCOOL in the extreme. ACB is finally a mediocre game. It can be picked up for around $5 on Steam sale and isn't worth much more than that. Expand
  90. Oct 31, 2012
    Impressive game. Great combat, story, graphics and overall gameplay. Almost unplayable with mouse and keyboard, the controls just feel weird if you use them. Better to enjoy it with a console controller. Other than that, it is worth every dollar you pay for it.
  91. Oct 15, 2012
    On a replay, I love this game. It was always good, but it's unspeakably better since experiencing Revelations and coming back to it. The comparison between the two made ALL the difference. The story is good and works as a solid extension on the second game, though the excuse for making Ezio earn weapons and armour from the beginning feels a bit forced and cheap. The integration of familiar characters is spectacular and had me emotionally engaged throughout both in Ezio's AND Desmond's stories. The big drawbacks for me are the cut and paste, but less successful, equivalents of assassin's tombs (they're fine, but less exciting and make less sense the second time around), and the way in which you're rushed through the end section of the game. Glyph puzzles are present, and though the intros from Subject 16 are sorely missed, they're still as creepy, cryptic and strangely informative as ever. While it doesn't match up to the quality of Assassin's Creed 2 in my mind, it's still a game more than worth buying. Expand
  92. Oct 26, 2012
    I love AC and Brotherhood is my favorite in the series so far.The voice acting,story,character personalities and Rome itself are amazing.The game runs well even on my PC( its not the best for gaming D: ). Anybody who enjoys AC needs to play this one. What better than an epic history based action-adventure game? :D
  93. Jan 8, 2013
    Brotherhood has a better combat system, better graphics and more weapon options than its predecessor Assassin's Creed 2, yet, not everything it better. The single player focuces less on the actual story, but more about Rome and how Ezio is restorating it, by destroying towers that will decrease the influence of the Borgia on a certain area, so you can spend money to restorate former shops (the old Blacksmith, Tailor, Art Merchant and the bank, which basicly replaces the role of the Chest), basically multiple Monteriggioni's. Also there are more faction missions, and you can even buy buildings for your factions to house there, you can even buy landmarks(e.g. The Colosseum). All of these options will increase your income. Though I like these aspects, it's just... too much. Sometimes when you end up in entire new places, and you don't want to run all the way back to repair/heal, you'll have to first buy a store and then use it, you will probably not use it that much afterwards. I actually ignored all these factions and tower stuff and ended up in a very, very short single player compared to AC2 (33 hours on AC2, 13 hours on ACBH, 20 hours less). BH also includes a Multiplayer, a MP I haven't played yet, I just was not interesting in it. I bought AC1 for an interesting looking story and single player, for the same reasons I have bought AC2 and now BH as well, yet, it seems that a part of the Single Player now had to move to the MP, which I don't like, I don't think AC needs a MP, I honestly don't think it's possible to create a solid MP based on the AC style that can keep you busy for weeks / months.
    But I still enjoyed BH a lot, I loved to see Rome and certain story missions that take place in the Colosseum and the Vatican, the story is tensive and solid. I really really recommend it.
  94. Dec 17, 2012
    Brotherhood is worth playing. Missions have optional criteria to meet for increased difficulty. You are now vulnerable to be attacked during execution animation, and able to use heavy weapon are good points. Assassin recruit idea was exciting at first, but quickly become boring and repetitive to assign meaningless skill points. Game combat is already easy enough with counter-attack spamming, assassin recruit just make combat even dull. So I sent assassin recruit on contract to make money, which I already have excess of money. The economy is also a failure. I don't enjoy jumping puzzles but that's ok for other players. But the game is still plagued by annoying camera and controls. Expand
  95. Dec 9, 2012
    This installment of the Assassin's Creed series is a fun game but trips fatally over a few key issues. If you're willing to overlook some plot issues and can turn a blind eye to the game mis-interpreting what you want to do on a regular basis, this game is right up your alley. However, these trips have landed this game a low score.

The city is well designed and getting around is fun.
    Jumping from rooftops to rooftops and climbing around has always been a fun feature of the Assassin's Creed series. This game doesn't drop the ball in this departement. However, occasionally, you will find yourself frustrated that you can't reach something or grab something that you really should. Or in an attempt to jump up to a ledge that you can't grab on to, you'll frequently find yourself plummeting straight for the hard floor below. That being said, it doesn't happen often enough to really make this a huge issue.

The combat is fun, however I found myself only ever using a couple of your huge arsenal of weapons. Once you get the crossbow, the game looses a lot of its challenge as well. The city development part of the game is neat and a good way to encourage the player to explore the city and liberate it.

Managing your recruits was a key addition to Brotherhood and while innovative and neat, it did make the game a little easy. It seems like if you want a challenge in this game, you have to shoot yourself in the foot right out of the door to give the enemies that advantage they need. The game was fun. I enjoyed almost ever hour i spent running around the ancient city. However, i didn't enjoy one second running around in the present. While the concept of genetic memory is interesting, the game makes almost no effort to make you care at all about the real actual characters. Then when the huge thing happens at the end (which should have blown everyone's mind), i found myself wondering why I should care. Plus, this 'event' didn't make me feel like anything had been resolved. The ending had a nice build up, the pacing was near flawless then it just ends. Brotherhood left me with no satisfaction what so ever after finishing the game. This is the primary reason i give the game as low a rating as i did. The ending of any game is a crucial component. It is the last impression, the thing that determines whether you want to play it again or whether you want to throw it in the garbage and light it on fire for leading you along such a wonderful journey then abandoning you with no closure. Overall, fun game, bad ending. A great game if you're not the kind of person who gets hung up story stuff (like i clearly am).
  96. Jan 27, 2013
    Its PC Violent perfecto~! And of course, the best of the franchise. Loads to do and more open world. The option for Weapons and Costumes is incredible, the camera is smooth, free running is great, as usual and the story is any confusing like the newer Assassins Creed. Good mission balance and good, challenging story mode. The game is highly rewarding too. There is nothing wrong with the game actually. It just insnt perfect. Expand
  97. Jan 25, 2013
    This has refined the AC series to the near perfect point. Its a shame the next two games dropped the series on it's rear. This game had a large city to explore, lots of shops to renovate, landmarks to own, side quests to do, places to explore and a whole team of Assassin's at your command. The clothing was rich and vibrant and the scenery was stunning. The characters are loveable and the story inspiring. I highly recommend this game to any lover of the series but please please please start with AC1 and work your way up. Missing out on AC1 and AC2 does not allow you to enjoy this game to the full extent. Expand
  98. Feb 28, 2013
    It's a really good game, with the best features from the other Assassin's Creeds und more, but I have not the motivation, to collect all items.
  99. Mar 28, 2014
    Brotherhood is the third direct sequel to the franchise.

With overall improvements over everything i have mentioned in my Assassin's Creed II review, there is something that i feel that it needs to be pointed out, Brotherhood seems to have more glitches & bugs. This makes me think of whether the QA team in the past 2 titles are the same ones who have tested this game.

These "glitches
    & bugs" aren't really small ones, but are actually ones prevents your progression in a few missions/sequences. If you play over 60hz and have vsync off, you are going to run into them. Unfortunately for this, and the frustration caused for me, deserves an even lower score than AC or AC2.

Other than that, i need not mention the pros and cons as they were similarly mentioned in my AC2 review.

Note: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood also features the free Da Vinci Disappearance (DLC), obtainable via UPlay for 0 credits. It's a well worth and fun DLC with a few extra hours to put into the game. As it is going to take place after the main story, i recommend playing this DLC only after you've completed it.
    Posted: 9 March. Last edited: 10 March.
  100. Feb 19, 2013
    More or less of Assassin's Creed 2 in my opinion, with a few new additions to the gameplay, this new installment isn't a huge step ahead from its predecessor but it is definitely worth playing
  101. May 28, 2011

Graphics : 7
    Gameplay : 10
    Audio : 10
    Gamelife 8

Polished conversion of the console version cannot be labeled as an add-on. This is an excellent full-featured game with interesting multiplayer mode. Period. [Issue#203]
  2. Apr 27, 2011
    Built on the shoulders of Assassin's Creed II, Brotherhood is the most polished and robust execution of the Assassin's Creed formula yet.
  3. Apr 19, 2011
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood isn't as much a sequel as a completion to the second game, and while this is certainly the best game of the three so far, you probably don't want to jump into the story without having played at least the second game first.