7.6

1. May 21, 2013
    Extremely bland. The only thing holding this game up is its great story and engaging main missions. Every so often you'll be sent to kill a key target, and the mission to do so is a high point in the game. Unfortunately, everything else in between is very lackluster and boring. The same missions are repeated over and over in each city you go to and it's just not fun. I recommend readingExtremely bland. The only thing holding this game up is its great story and engaging main missions. Every so often you'll be sent to kill a key target, and the mission to do so is a high point in the game. Unfortunately, everything else in between is very lackluster and boring. The same missions are repeated over and over in each city you go to and it's just not fun. I recommend reading the wiki article to get the story down and then start playing ACII. Expand
  2. Nov 25, 2013
    This game was like a dream come true for me. A lot of people complain about it being repetitive, shallow, boring, etc. and I can understand how they can say that. However I really enjoyed the freedom of movement and beautiful scenery. It's like you're a Middle Ages Batman! With time travel! I would've picked up the sequel on launch day if it wasn't for the overbearing DRM.
  3. Oct 14, 2013
    While not as good as the sequels that followed, the original game set the bar high, in fact it's a testament to the others that they managed to beat it. The open world stealth and assassination gameplay template that many games followed was exemplified here.
  4. Aug 1, 2014
    "Assassin's Creed" features a fresh and decent plot and an innovative gameplay. Back in 2008, its graphics were exceptional, too. You cannot get easily attached to the central character, but the full of twists story is pretty absorbing. It's an absolute achievement and deserves every single bit of its acclaim.
  5. Dec 26, 2014
    Assassin's Creed is a game published in 2007, developed by Ubisoft Montreal and published by Ubisoft. The game puts you in the shoes of Altair Ibn La-Ahad's a membership cards of "The Assassin Brotherhood", which aims to assassinate nine historical figures during the Third Crusade. To achieve this goal, player need to gather some information about tinta.Depsre story can not say anythingAssassin's Creed is a game published in 2007, developed by Ubisoft Montreal and published by Ubisoft. The game puts you in the shoes of Altair Ibn La-Ahad's a membership cards of "The Assassin Brotherhood", which aims to assassinate nine historical figures during the Third Crusade. To achieve this goal, player need to gather some information about tinta.Depsre story can not say anything because the roads to give to some spoilere.Jocul is quite ok, in terms of graphics. The game has little to control the game. Not often I tried to climb the tower and the game does not allow me to not see a window that I can climb. Expand
  6. Jun 12, 2012
    Assassin's Creed is an enjoyable new game where people who are fond of conspiracies will surely enjoy the amazing storyline with a twist. Players will also enjoy the amazing unique gameplay and the different views of places which are based upon actual real life locations. Any person who is a fan of Action, stealth or sandbox games will surely love this game and will be glad to add it toAssassin's Creed is an enjoyable new game where people who are fond of conspiracies will surely enjoy the amazing storyline with a twist. Players will also enjoy the amazing unique gameplay and the different views of places which are based upon actual real life locations. Any person who is a fan of Action, stealth or sandbox games will surely love this game and will be glad to add it to their collection. Expand
  7. Jul 12, 2013
    Assassin's creed is a good game with decent story (although the ending was bad great graphic and some cool characters but the game is repetitive with the same missions nothing new so you'll have fun in the beginning and then you'll get a bit bored then disappointed in the ending but still it is not bad and give it a try
  8. Aug 4, 2011
    The story is good - EA did an awesome job doing historical research.
    However, the game play has the following pattern that does not change:
    Get Assignment, Kill soldiers, Assassinate Target. Next. Guess what - using a Knife!
    After third assignment - i uninstalled this game from my computer.
  9. Jan 16, 2013
    While not nearly as refined as later titles, the original AC game stands on its own merits too. It features a compelling story, great atmosphere, and fresh gameplay mechanics. I found the parts where you must control Desmond to be rather tedious, but thankfully they are relatively short and do at least help to build up the story. The actual heart of the game, playing as Altair theWhile not nearly as refined as later titles, the original AC game stands on its own merits too. It features a compelling story, great atmosphere, and fresh gameplay mechanics. I found the parts where you must control Desmond to be rather tedious, but thankfully they are relatively short and do at least help to build up the story. The actual heart of the game, playing as Altair the assassin, is plenty of fun. The world is fairly large and mostly open, so you can explore, cause havoc, or do missions largely at your own pace. The cities are beautiful and each have their own look and feel, whether it's the holy city of Jerusalem, the crusader fortress of Acre, or the Muslim city of Damascus. Unfortunately the game provides you with limited weapons (you don't have the luxury of crossbows or smoke bombs as in later games), and most major assassination missions end up in huge sword-fights or long desperate chases. Still, there's nothing quite like hearing the chase music pumping as you leap around rooftops trying to escape a horde of pissed guards! Expand
  10. Mar 18, 2014
    I played the more recent AC installments and then decided to go back and try this one. I feared outdated mechanics, and though they do change drastically from the more recent set up, it was not difficult to adapt to and felt pretty good. I like the way the game flows and I felt much more like a true assassin rather than an extremely agile brawler like the other titles.
  11. Apr 26, 2013
    A revolucionary game. Intire cities developed at game, that was amazing. The problem: The game is so much repetitive. You have to do the same thing all the time.
  12. Jan 2, 2014
    Story:7.8/10

Characters:5/10 Graphics:7.3/10 Gameplay:7.5/10 A.I:7/10 Controls:9/10 Voice Acting:9/10 Music:9/10 Replay Value:7.1/10 POSITIVES + Open world,Prince of Persia,Third Crusade,Assassins and more + Amazing climbing system + Great music,voice acting and controls + View points + Good surprise twist and boss NEGATIVES - Side quest get
    Story:7.8/10

Replay Value:7.1/10

POSITIVES

+ Open world,Prince of Persia,Third Crusade,Assassins and more

+ Amazing climbing system

+ Great music,voice acting and controls

+ View points

+ Good surprise twist and boss

NEGATIVES

- Side quest get repetitive and boring

- No character development or liking

- Frustrating A.I.

- Desmond

- Combat that gets boring
  13. Jul 23, 2011
    Assassin's Creed is fun and challenging. It puts the player in a setting in the 12th century, during king Richard the Lionheart's crusades. The player takes on a role of an assassin Altair, who is part of a secret group of assassins. The game offers a free roaming gameplay and takes place in 4 cities, as well as a countryside in between those. The graphics are very rich, with stunningAssassin's Creed is fun and challenging. It puts the player in a setting in the 12th century, during king Richard the Lionheart's crusades. The player takes on a role of an assassin Altair, who is part of a secret group of assassins. The game offers a free roaming gameplay and takes place in 4 cities, as well as a countryside in between those. The graphics are very rich, with stunning environments, the locations are well designed, and the quests are pretty fun, even though somewhat repetitive after a while. My favourite thing about Assassin's Creed is its fantastic combat mechanic. I can fight guards day in day out and not get bored of it, because there are a number of moves you can perform in combat, with the most addictive one being counter attacks, which can instantly kill an attacking enemy if timed well. And if you aren't up for a fight, you can play a cat and mouse game with the guards, run through the city streets, dodging civilians, jumping through merchant stands and eventually disappearing in a good hiding place. There are only 5-6 different types of quests which you have to do in every city and every city district, but they do get more challenging as you progress through the game. At the end of each set of sidequests you have to assassinate a certain corrupt leader, and even though that's a repetitive structure to a game, you still face a different challenge with each leader (for example one you might need to chase, another one to face in battle, third one to stealthly kill, etc). The storyline maybe isn't anything special, but it's not exactly bad either. It's predictable to a degree, but it's not stale. Repetition might be one issue in the game, but I don't mind it so much, so long as the game is fun. However there are a couple of issues I wasn't too fond of. First one was that it took a while to get used to the controls. The fact there are separate buttons for each limb and a button for a high profile stance can get confusing in the beginning. Another problem that brought the game down a bit was that whenever you entered an area where a cinematic had to occur, you would suddenly not be able to do anything apart from walking until the cinematic triggers. This means that if you tried to enter through a roof, you basically wouldn't be able to jump down and would be stuck on a ledge. Other than those few issues the game is good. Expand
  14. Nov 3, 2012
    A nice start for the best-selling franchise, Assassin's Creed's main flaw is its repeatetiveness - it follows the same pattern in all the three cities: complete a number of similiar side-missions - go in and eliminate the VIP. Still, the game features a great plot (both in the middle ages and in the modern days), impressive graphics (they're competetive even today), beautifullyA nice start for the best-selling franchise, Assassin's Creed's main flaw is its repeatetiveness - it follows the same pattern in all the three cities: complete a number of similiar side-missions - go in and eliminate the VIP. Still, the game features a great plot (both in the middle ages and in the modern days), impressive graphics (they're competetive even today), beautifully reconstructed cities and the unique feeling of being an assassin, watching his targets from the crowd and going in for the kill as an eagle squawks. Expand
  15. Jun 8, 2014
    Assassin's Creed is a good game with stunning graphic, great sounds and amazing story. But then, the only thing left in your mind is Altair's animations and outstanding parkour race. Repetitive mission's the biggest flaw in the game, beside an open-but-boring world.
  16. Aug 11, 2014
    Now that's different. An open world that looks like the middle east in history. I liked the atmosphere. The buildings, dresses, horses and sword fights. And I really enjoyed jumping on rooftops and doing parkour stuff. The control is good. It gives a great experience. But the story was too boring. And this affected the game significantly. I was hardly playing that game and hoping for aNow that's different. An open world that looks like the middle east in history. I liked the atmosphere. The buildings, dresses, horses and sword fights. And I really enjoyed jumping on rooftops and doing parkour stuff. The control is good. It gives a great experience. But the story was too boring. And this affected the game significantly. I was hardly playing that game and hoping for a change. But Al Muallim is such dull man. He keeps giving me the same mission every time I accomplished one. Expand
  17. Feb 28, 2013
    Sometimes very boring and monotone.
  18. Oct 14, 2010
    I bought this for PC because it was on sale on Steam for $5. You should only plan to buy this for PC if you have a computer capable of taking advantage of the graphics vs a console and if you have a controller (the game instantly recognized my Logitech Rumblepad 2). The PC controls are beyond awful. Controls aside, this game had some good ideas for assassination but could have beenI bought this for PC because it was on sale on Steam for $5. You should only plan to buy this for PC if you have a computer capable of taking advantage of the graphics vs a console and if you have a controller (the game instantly recognized my Logitech Rumblepad 2). The PC controls are beyond awful. Controls aside, this game had some good ideas for assassination but could have been executed much better. Every aspect in the game is repetitive. All three cities you explore look exactly the same. The AI citizens same the exact same things, perhaps in a different accent. The missions you do are indistinguishable from the other. Saving citizens, finding flags, chasing people down, everything you do in the game is pretty much restricted to those few actions. This wouldn't be so much of a problem if the story was good, but it's not. While getting to the end was intense, the long middle was just hunting down an evil person, killing them and viewing their cinematics, then repeat. You meet no indistinguishable characters and everything gets REALLY boring, REALLY fast. I can only think of one reason to recommend anyone to play Assassin's Creed, and that is to play Assassin's Creed II. While it's not mandatory to play it to understand AC2's backstory, it's nice to be less confused in the game. And believe me, AC2 fixes EVERYTHING from the first game, and adds so much more. Assassin's Creed II alone, makes the first game worth playing. Expand
  19. Oct 29, 2013
    Arcade and repetitive, but this game also has nice open world cities, smooth choreography and the best horses in a game yet. Like most ports, this is nearly ruined by consolitis: narrow FOV, too easy, non-persistent world, annoying AI respawns, and one of the worst menu systems ever. The save system is bad and there are no subtitles. I had occasional CTDs. A pity, because without allArcade and repetitive, but this game also has nice open world cities, smooth choreography and the best horses in a game yet. Like most ports, this is nearly ruined by consolitis: narrow FOV, too easy, non-persistent world, annoying AI respawns, and one of the worst menu systems ever. The save system is bad and there are no subtitles. I had occasional CTDs. A pity, because without all those flaws, this would be a great game. In the end its an "OK" game. The sequels are also "OK" in my opinion. Expand
  20. Aug 14, 2012
    AC is visually stunning, and the gameplay is fun. The story can be predictable, but It's interesting. Now, Assassin's Creed is the second best looking AC game, for my opinion, but It's not the best. The game can feel repetitive at times, and It haves some glitches. But, this game kicks asses, means that it's great. 83 out of 100
  21. Nov 8, 2011
    I just want to start off by saying that I actually do enjoy this game, even if it might come across overly critical. I bought it a week or so ago, and have had about 10 hours play time with it now, won't be long either, till it is completed, at least with regards to the main story line.

The graphics, for 2008 are very good, but, ofcourse, compared to todays standards they're not really that great, at all. Especially the character models and animations can sometimes have me cringing in my shoes, but I'll survive. The scenery, and the "finish", the aesthetics, are wonderful, though. I like the "dirty" look/feel to the game graphically, and it conveys a proper sense of atmosphere to the time period. Textures could be bumped up, alot, though.

Sound and VA works fine, but the lip synch is nothing special, at all. This generation has featured, even older games, with better synching than this. All in all though, it works, but its not getting a 10/10 based on sound, VA and synching though.

Gameplay wise it is pretty repetitive, listen to this guy, do this guy's challenge, pickpocket that guy, beat up the third guy and boom you are set to assassinate someone who will give you another piece to the storyline. So far, for me, the story line does seem quite intriguing, which is, as far as I see it (in this day and age) the one reason to play this game now. Especially seeing as Assassin's Creed II, Brotherhood and Revelations and the future Assassin's Creed III builds onto this storyline.

Combat is a bit odd if I have to be honest. Yes you can hit someone with the sword, or stab someone with your hidden knife. If you are discovered, well, hold down right mouse button and stare at the screen until an enemy attacks you, then press left mouse button, and said enemy will either die or be out of combat for a while. You will be pretty much unkillable with right mouse button held, and left mouse button will kill people for you. It is rather simplistic, and would have worked fine, with a few more kill animations. There are quite a few, but you see them soooo often that they get tedious in the end. The first few times are very awesome though.

Camera angling and control is horrible, it sometimes just does whatever the hell it wants to do and your sat wondering "wtf?" that is pretty much all there is to say to it.

By 2008 standards it might have been an 8 or 9/10, by todays standards it would barely scrape a 7, but then again, for the money it costs these days, there are quite alot of fun to be had, and the story is pretty good. So 7/10 from me.
  22. Apr 21, 2012
    Nice locations, awesome story, sort of weird combat system, lucky that will be fixed in the next episodes, repetitive cause you always have to investigate+help citizen, but all in all worth the price of when it goes on sale, kept me busy for a few, if you want to go for the 100% completed in-game you will need a lot of times, if you are a fan of AC game get it anyway.
  23. Mar 22, 2014
    Assassin's Creed (Director's Cut Edition) consists of a small variation of different elements that helped build the franchise's foundation and success.

It somewhat fufilled it's role as a "historical adventure, open-world game", but unfortunately leaves out the "stealth" aspect away in the dirt. Here's a list of pros and cons from my 16 hours of experience with the game: Pros:

Here's a list of pros and cons from my 16 hours of experience with the game:

Pros:

+ Great looking graphics for a 2007/2008 game
    + Game mechanics isn't really choppy, although the character sometimes get stucked in foliages and invisible floors/walls, but other than that, it still gets the job done, decently.
    + Detailed character modelling, costumes are looks realistic and well-detailed.
    + Missions usually relate to the plot directly, no twist and turns around a corner or two.
    + Plot was intriguing and epic.
    + At least 16-18 hours of non-stop gameplay spent completing just on the story.

Cons:

- Repetitive mission types, lacks creativity.
    - Artificial Intelligence coding feels half-assed, e.g. enemy A.I falling off buildings, not retaliating frequently to attacks, not noticing "stealth assassinations" when closeby.
    - Side missions (or known as "memories") are completely useless and takes a long time to complete.
    - Game stablility issues. E.g. unable to start the game, game crashing frequently.
    - Checkpoints feels non-existent.
    - Stealth doesn't really work all that well in this game.
    - Cliffhanger ending was disappointing. Adruptly ended with poor execution methods.

To sum it up, this game is worth a shot at. I did enjoy this game a ton during the 16 hours of playtime. Good way to start up the storyline of the series to the future games.
  24. Jun 25, 2013
    I really tried to like this game and it does have some things going for it. It looks good, it has very open maps and the premise (being stealthy assassin) sounds great.

Unfortunately this game is very repetitive. Basically every mission is exactly the same and every map has the same scripted things you need to do and can do. This gets old somewhere around third mission. I originally expected something more like Thief series. Optional side quests like "collect zillion flags around the map, to get nothing concrete" also don't help.

It's also mind boggling why we need convoluted double plot. You see, all the assassin stuff actually happens inside this guy's head who is kidnapped by some organization in present time and placed inside machine that can play his "genetic memory". I really can't see any relevance or added value between this and the game's central idea of being medieval assassin. Granted that I didn't finish the game so I don't know if it starts to make sense at some point.

All in all, the game is ok. Unfortunately, there are tons of better ways to spend your time than this game. It offers nothing exceptional or memorable.
  25. Apr 9, 2012
    Great atmosphere, with wonderful animations and an intriguing story. The parkour-style gameplay is addictive and fast paced, and the human crowds are lively, realistic and add an exciting element to the gameplay. Repetitive combat and missions are the drawbacks to Assassin's Creed, peppered with occasional camera and control issues, inherent with third-person open-world action games.Great atmosphere, with wonderful animations and an intriguing story. The parkour-style gameplay is addictive and fast paced, and the human crowds are lively, realistic and add an exciting element to the gameplay. Repetitive combat and missions are the drawbacks to Assassin's Creed, peppered with occasional camera and control issues, inherent with third-person open-world action games. Highly recommended, provided you have a gamepad and the hardware to support it! Expand
  26. Oct 24, 2012
    I would say this is a pretty good game overall. Nice gameplay, good combat system and a pretty good story with a fantastic ending. But this game definetly has it's bad sides too : The free run system has it's flawsand the guard system is just really messed up: Sometimes you can murder someone right infront of a guard and they don't give a **** and other times all you have to do is moveI would say this is a pretty good game overall. Nice gameplay, good combat system and a pretty good story with a fantastic ending. But this game definetly has it's bad sides too : The free run system has it's flawsand the guard system is just really messed up: Sometimes you can murder someone right infront of a guard and they don't give a **** and other times all you have to do is move past them and they will try to kill you. These two and other details about the game make it so frustrating to play that i can't give it more than a 7/10. Expand
  27. Dec 29, 2011
    The game is nothing special. The assassin's creed series is fantastic but this game is just repetitive and boring, but it's not awful. It's easy, repetitive... blah. BUT, I recommend to play this before you play the rest of the games. Really, it's important. Anyway, it's a perfect port.
  28. Feb 24, 2014
    The game looked very nice and the story was appealing. But the gameplay just wasn't for me. I think I just expected something else from the game. It seems smooth, made with a lot of care and perfectionism, but it just wasn't for me. I gave up after 5 or 6 hours.
  29. Mar 22, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Those guys who gaves scores below 5 they didn't even finished the game.. The reason? they say ots bad ported, bugs, lag...
    Well hello, if you want to play a mans game, then buy a dam **** mans PC...
    Assassins creed was th best game ever released, thank GOD somebody had the idea releasing such a beautiful game, thnak you.. The game is PERFECT. There are some repetitive missions but killing people is repetitive too isn't?? Every game has to be repetitive with something.. I enjoyed the game and i bought Assassins Creed 2 6 month later and now i bought assassins Creed Brotherhood and i already completed it... Dam, thats what i call a Game!!! Assassins Creed for Ever!!!
  30. Nov 30, 2012
    Good graphics and interesting storyline, although lack of subtitle feature can make the game confusing from time to time. Story progress linear and no re-playability value. The game mechanic is highly repetitive and I wanted to quit playing after two to three hours. However, I beat the game just so I can say 'been there, done that'. Skip this game and go for Assassin Creed II if you areGood graphics and interesting storyline, although lack of subtitle feature can make the game confusing from time to time. Story progress linear and no re-playability value. The game mechanic is highly repetitive and I wanted to quit playing after two to three hours. However, I beat the game just so I can say 'been there, done that'. Skip this game and go for Assassin Creed II if you are thinking whether to get this game as of November 2012. Expand
  31. Oct 13, 2013
    Technical Issues[10]
    ------------------------------------
    Over All[9.1]
  32. Sep 26, 2013
    This is a great game which I really enjoyed. The attention to detail and historical accuracy is excellent and you really feel that you are wandering around in the cities the story takes place in. I particularly liked the parts of the story that take place in Acre. However I agree with a lot people that the missions do get slightly repetitive towards the end causing the game to drag a bitThis is a great game which I really enjoyed. The attention to detail and historical accuracy is excellent and you really feel that you are wandering around in the cities the story takes place in. I particularly liked the parts of the story that take place in Acre. However I agree with a lot people that the missions do get slightly repetitive towards the end causing the game to drag a bit at times hence me only giving it a score of 8. However it is a good intro to a very well done and fascinating series and a good hack and slash romp through a fascinating part of the Middle Ages Expand
  33. Jun 10, 2011
    OK, I usually don't like games that are set in middle ages, but this was a surprise. The graphics are awesome but my computer could handle this only on the lowest settings and that's the reason why I don't try Assassin's Creed 2 and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Even the lowest settings are great! The story is about a dude. In 2012 he has been held in captivity by a mad scientist. He putsOK, I usually don't like games that are set in middle ages, but this was a surprise. The graphics are awesome but my computer could handle this only on the lowest settings and that's the reason why I don't try Assassin's Creed 2 and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Even the lowest settings are great! The story is about a dude. In 2012 he has been held in captivity by a mad scientist. He puts the dude in sort of a time machine (or what the hell it is) called Animus. You actually control the dude. The environment is massive and you can go wherever you want. You will be in Middle East and there is a village, a big kingdom, and three cities - Jerusalem, Damascus and Acre. There are there three areas in each city - rich class people area, medium class people area and poor class people area. All those things are nice but sadly, that you do the same thing over and over again. There are some bugs too. Two or three times I fell out of the graphics. The good thing is that you can climb walls, jump from roof to roof etc. The controls are a bit confusing but you will get used to them.

Graphics: They are awesome 10/10
    Sound: I usually play and don't listen to sounds
    Gameplay: 7/10 because of the repetitive gameplay
    Story: Great but confusing 8/10
  34. JYT
    Jan 6, 2012
    - only work is done on the graphism and riding the horse is nice
    - the story is simple: follow the doth, only one route to the end and no multiple route for the character.
    - it means no decision making - the last fight using the mouse has a bug and the support team was not able to solve the problem, they give and all-made answer of updating drivers although the rest of the game works well
    - only work is done on the graphism and riding the horse is nice
    - it means no decision making
    - the last fight using the mouse has a bug and the support team was not able to solve the problem, they give and all-made answer of updating drivers although the rest of the game works well the system.
    - Who is the stupid game developper who did not bother programming the function "Quit", "Save and Quit" ??????
  35. Dec 7, 2011
    Controls... Controls... Controls... This game loses everything at that point. I don't remember a game that i finished and still don't know the controls.
  36. May 15, 2014
    I will sum this game up by describing the most irritating thing about it.
    To quit the game you must first turn off the animus, then open the animus then go to the menu, then go to the main menu.
    It takes a good 1-5 minutes depending on your hard-drive setup. Simply put, really, really annoying. Story itself is good but that one thing really just killed playing it for me enough to not
    I will sum this game up by describing the most irritating thing about it.
    It takes a good 1-5 minutes depending on your hard-drive setup.

Simply put, really, really annoying.
    Story itself is good but that one thing really just killed playing it for me enough to not even try playing Assassins Creed II. (for now..)
  37. Nov 22, 2010
    Yet another half-arsed attempt to milk the pc market on money. It's a port at its worst, a growing trend.

Virtually everything about this game is bad. The only thing that stands out is the graphics, it certainly isn't crysis but not all that terrible. But everything else is, as said, terrible. The controls or inhumane, it's almost as if they randomly assigned key bindings. Now I said it's

Now I said it's a bad port and it first shows when moving the camera, it's a standard console camera, not suitable for the PC-market since it get stuck, it's not really a idealistic viewpoint.
    The second proof that no work was put in porting this game whatsoever is the fact that you have to lock onto a target in order to fight it, it simply doesn't work and isn't needed on a computer.

Even if the controls and the game handled like a regular PC game the story is meagre -- at best.
    It's a very cliché game, I won't go into details but I can think of several books and films that have already pulled that thing off. It's not interesting any more. For the younger and casual audience this isn't perhaps an issue at all, but for a gamer like me that view games like art it certainly isn't impressive.

This game isn't worthwhile playing, regardless of the price, heck even if you got it for free!
  38. Jul 23, 2012
    Having played through, and for the most part- loving- the later Assassin's Creed games, I was really looking forward to seeing how the series started. Unfortunately, it seems there were some large growing pains with this first incarnation of the franchice. I have to agree with others who point out the repetitiveness of the missions once you get past the first three memories. The amount ofHaving played through, and for the most part- loving- the later Assassin's Creed games, I was really looking forward to seeing how the series started. Unfortunately, it seems there were some large growing pains with this first incarnation of the franchice. I have to agree with others who point out the repetitiveness of the missions once you get past the first three memories. The amount of time I have to spend synchronizing viewpoints and such just to unlock yet more-of-the-same types of missions is frankly exhausting. I can forgive the terrible combat controls and copy/paste generic NPC's everywhere, but if a game can't at least keep me entertained and wanting to see what happens next, it's just not worth it. Also worth noting is how wooden and unemotional Altair sounds throughout most of the game. The "animus translation" excuse just isn't sufficient for him to feel very out of place when compared to almost any of the other characters, whose performances are much more realistic. The modern-day exposition concerning Lucy and Abstergo is worth getting to hear, but not nearly good enough to save the rest of the game from being tedious and uninteresting. If you're a die-hard AC fan, you'll probably want it in your collection. Whether or not you'll be able to finish it is another question entirely. Expand
  39. Jul 8, 2013
    This game started good. I loved the historical setting, walking around in Acre, Jerusalem, Damascus. But as game its just a POS. I cant imagine how the franchise survived. The controls, the most important thing in game are ridiculous. They sometimes working, other times not. That isnt a problem for a while, but after a few hours its getting harder and one missed push means running aroundThis game started good. I loved the historical setting, walking around in Acre, Jerusalem, Damascus. But as game its just a POS. I cant imagine how the franchise survived. The controls, the most important thing in game are ridiculous. They sometimes working, other times not. That isnt a problem for a while, but after a few hours its getting harder and one missed push means running around from soldiers endlessly. It is a shame. Its always the same they publish the game on the pc but leaving the damn controls console. Ive tried it with different hardware, I wanted to like this game, but I gave up at memory block 5... And if I didnt finished this, why on earth would I want to play the other parts?
    Score is 2 for the setting and not 0 which would be correct...
  40. Mar 19, 2012
    A GAME WITH BIG "BUTS" +++
    A GAME WITH BIG "BUTS" +++
    I'm a huge fan of medieval games and a huge fan of stealth games, so Assassin's Creed was my game of choice the moment I played it for five minutes on a friends PS3. Graphics are well done, no doubt about that, assets, clothes, armour and architecture put you back into the time of crusades without too many fantasy like touches -- as an upcoming reenactor I found this very inspiring!
    +++
    Game controls are a joy to play with. While many jump'n'run games fail to guide you along thin beam or on critical jumps, you really have to force your character off, which can be done quite well after a little practice. As mentioned before this sometimes gets into your way when your character automatically grabs ladders or beams to climb, while you actually want to run/fall/whatever.
    +++
    The fighting system is nice in terms of animations and feeling, but it is way too easy. While you are able to draw attention at you by an entire crusaders encampment you may get surrounded by 20 knights in a "circle of death", meaning you only fight one enemy at a time. Despite the honor of your enemies you will never get attacked when lying on the ground after you made a bad turn. You can use instant kill counterattacks efficiently after the first few fight leaving no challenge to such situations!
    +++
    As an assassin your job is to kill hits (people of influence, nobles, etc.) and nothing is more useful but having some clues on your hit before you strike. The game does not only offer clues, it forces you to collect them by playing repeating mini games. Even failing at those mini games is not a loss as you may retry as many times as you like -- so no pressure. After all clues you get are not only things you already know or you get to know -- at least while you try to find your "contacts" for the clues -- but they also have no impact on how you will strike! There usually is only one way in, no way to really prepare your strike and no way to strike silently. It always ends in a "honorable" fight (mentioned above) so you could rush right through if you didn't had to do those (now) pointless mini games....
    +++
    As mentioned before AI behavior only focuses on the player and gets really annoying as you -- the one in a robe wandering with the monks -- are literally attacked by beggars in a place crawling with nobles wearing silk more worth than half of the city.
    +++
    The story of Assassin's Creed has a nice idea inside. In good story telling characters called "shapeshifter" are the ones who betray you, fooling you to have worked for the wrong side after a long way, but still leaving you -- the player -- fooled as well when done well. Assassin's Creed tries that as well, leaving hints by each hit that you are fooled and if you have an IQ greater than a stone you will get it at least after the 3rd hit. This would not be the problem if there were not 6-7 more! From this point on I was not that motivated very much as I -- the character -- had to do things I -- the player -- didn't really want to do.
    +++
    I kept playing until the final punch in the face: You finally know what the master plan was behind everything in this game, but then suddenly be left alone in solitary, able to walk around, use "the machine" or literally find "the game's credits on a wall". The game has no satisfying ending, keeping you -- the player -- eager to continue right there. You may call it "cliffhanger" but it felt like someone ran off with the bag of money two month before the game was finished....
    +++
    CONCLUSION: The game is fun for one or two hours with so many ideas BUT looses depth quickly, like a teaser shooting all golden moments of a movie. As a "pilot" of a series it failed to get me....
  41. Oct 6, 2013
    Good game. I give it a 8/10. Remarkable for the visuals for a game from 2007. Looses points for being repetitive and having a camera that you want to kill during combat. Some points come back for having an intriguing back story. I didn't realize this is a trilogy with a long story. I figured it was just run and gun. Intrigued for AC2. I stalled out on this game in chapter 2 of 7, mostlyGood game. I give it a 8/10. Remarkable for the visuals for a game from 2007. Looses points for being repetitive and having a camera that you want to kill during combat. Some points come back for having an intriguing back story. I didn't realize this is a trilogy with a long story. I figured it was just run and gun. Intrigued for AC2. I stalled out on this game in chapter 2 of 7, mostly due to the repetition, but got going again after seeing an AC4 trailer. Took about 24 hours total to get through the game. This is a pretty good stealth game, which is in my wheel house. The combat is fun, but a bit non-intuitive and timing dependent. After you get the hang of it though you pretty much can't loose. Expand
  42. Feb 17, 2014
    Can not believe that 2007 graphics, unique story pretty good, but too repetitive missions, unfriendly gameplay, such difficulties are way too high ahswiwotda battle.
  43. May 27, 2014
    The beginning of a legend. I liked the first game, even with a median story, but with good graphics. The real innovation became with the second game of the franchise, which is my favorite.
  44. Jan 29, 2013
    Good springboard for later games, but the pure receptivity shows story and innovation incompotence. Interesting setup, but seven or eight hours in, I realised I was doing the same thing I was doing last missions, and before that too. Character models are frequently repeated and have sticky animations, added to which, Altair looks exactly like Desmond. So many cut corners here it's a wonderGood springboard for later games, but the pure receptivity shows story and innovation incompotence. Interesting setup, but seven or eight hours in, I realised I was doing the same thing I was doing last missions, and before that too. Character models are frequently repeated and have sticky animations, added to which, Altair looks exactly like Desmond. So many cut corners here it's a wonder Ubisoft kept going with the franchise, but I'm glad they did. Expand
  45. Sep 24, 2013
    I wasn't astounded by the graphics and game engine, though both were really good, especially the latter but the depth of the game and way it handled were terrible. The side tasks were just moronic- help the same type of citizen in every town, stealth-kill some hoodlums for some unknown brother, eagle view of the city and jumping into haystacks without any harm. The fight engine was prettyI wasn't astounded by the graphics and game engine, though both were really good, especially the latter but the depth of the game and way it handled were terrible. The side tasks were just moronic- help the same type of citizen in every town, stealth-kill some hoodlums for some unknown brother, eagle view of the city and jumping into haystacks without any harm. The fight engine was pretty decent if you don't mention the fact that whilst killing soldiers others wait in a queue for their turn. Menus, the way it handled, the chore of exiting, uncuttable cutscenes, and the amount of unnecessary keys you had to push to do most things I gather were a thing of the concole but should have never found their way onto a PC. Also I had to kill most soldiers on my way because that was the easier way of getting rid of them after they saw Altair galloping around- killing should be the last thing an assassin does and not an easier way of travelling. And don't get me started on the need to hide after you ran away from enemies- why should I hide if I already lost them?!
    I imagine this must have been quite a thing for the console since it was uncomplicated and quite flashy but for me it was a boring, unimmaginative advanced hack'n'slash. A terrible port. It should've been called "Hack'n'slasher's creed".
  46. Dec 28, 2011
    This is a brilliant port to PC. Ubisoft listened to the complaints that people had about the console version, and came out with a refined, improved game on the PC. Unfortunately, I had to play this beauty on a on board graphics card which couldn't even run it on the lowest settings without lag. I struggled through the game with a framerate dipping as low as 5fps. After recently investingThis is a brilliant port to PC. Ubisoft listened to the complaints that people had about the console version, and came out with a refined, improved game on the PC. Unfortunately, I had to play this beauty on a on board graphics card which couldn't even run it on the lowest settings without lag. I struggled through the game with a framerate dipping as low as 5fps. After recently investing in a new graphics card I discovered that it was a truly magnificent game and I would recommend it to anyone who has an appetite for some blood (and a good enough rig) Expand
  47. Nov 12, 2012
    Graphics, detailed models and artwork are good. The game play is entertaining for a short time, the player only has skills of combat, but no perks or other tactics that employs the assassin, in other words has very limited capabilities.The game has no re playability, and has no Multiplayer.So far seen few bugs.The story and the main characters are good, make you keep playing.
  48. Nov 18, 2013
    This game is very well done, with a great story, great gameplay, great graphics, and great everything. The story will keep you intrigued and keeps you moving forward. Planning the Assassination of each of your targets is interesting, as you have to do investigation to find out more about them. Such as how to infiltrate the building they are currently in, the location of guards, why theThis game is very well done, with a great story, great gameplay, great graphics, and great everything. The story will keep you intrigued and keeps you moving forward. Planning the Assassination of each of your targets is interesting, as you have to do investigation to find out more about them. Such as how to infiltrate the building they are currently in, the location of guards, why the target is there, places to climb to get a nice view of the target.
    This game will keep completionist occupied, as to get %100 you have to kill 60 Templars, and get a set of flags from each of the three main cities.
    You can find secrets in areas in the game that will reveal parts of story you might miss completely.

The story is odd, and is a little original but it may have been done before. I don't want to give anything away. But you most of the time you play as Altair, or 'The son of none', who has to assassinate nine targets in three cities in each district of that city (poor, middle, rich). Each memory block contains an assassination (1/2/3).
    Memory Blocks are split up so you can get story bits in between, out of the animus.

Part of the game takes outside of the animus, which can read memories of your ancestors. Altair is the ancestor of Desmond Miles, a bartender. The animus can read his DNA to access Altair's memories. Like I said I am not going to spoil anything, but this game will interest you.

Buy this game.
  49. Sep 11, 2012
    Assassin's Creed İs Getting You Back To 1191 So İts A Rare Game.Map İs Very Big.Cities Are Very Big.Atmosphere is Good. Graphics are Very Good For 2008.And Assassinating Someone İs Enjoyable.You Can Climb Everywhere So İts Enjoyable Game.
  50. Nov 24, 2012
    This game is nearly perfect. The storyline is a bit controversial but it unfolds in an amazing fashion as you are transported back and forth in time to relive the "memories" of your assassin ancestors. The developers took great pains to faithfully recreate the Holy Lands during an early crusade and bring times and places to life. One of my favorite parts of this game was simply scaling theThis game is nearly perfect. The storyline is a bit controversial but it unfolds in an amazing fashion as you are transported back and forth in time to relive the "memories" of your assassin ancestors. The developers took great pains to faithfully recreate the Holy Lands during an early crusade and bring times and places to life. One of my favorite parts of this game was simply scaling the large building and taking in the historic scenery. The controls were amazing, IMO, even with the mouse and keyboard. The ability to scale nearly every building, leap from the highest heights, and fight crowds of soldiers, all with an amazing fluidity and a profoundly deep level of control makes this one of the most enjoyable games you will ever play. I can agree with those who found the game a bit repetitive at times, particularly if you do the storyline first and then go back to try to get full synchronization; however, if you take your time and do all the side quests in an area before moving on to the next part of the storyline, it really isn't too bad. The only reason this game doesn't get a full 10 out of 10 is because once you finish the storyline, which doesn't feel rushed or too short, you really have no reason to play it again. It's like watching a great movie that you feel totally satisfied to have watched, but have no interest in watching again... sure you really look forward to the sequel, but you aren't going to do the first one over since you know how it is going to end and there is nothing new or exciting the second time around. . Expand
  51. Jul 28, 2014
    Hack'n'slash creed is a good game. Unfortunately, they called it Assassin's Creed, and if you think you're playing a stealth game, you'll be totally frustrated. By bad controls. By tedious mechanics. By lack of imagination. By stupid AI that can't see you in front of them sometimes and is super reactive other times. There is no cover, there is no hide, you really can't strategize theHack'n'slash creed is a good game. Unfortunately, they called it Assassin's Creed, and if you think you're playing a stealth game, you'll be totally frustrated. By bad controls. By tedious mechanics. By lack of imagination. By stupid AI that can't see you in front of them sometimes and is super reactive other times. There is no cover, there is no hide, you really can't strategize the missions that much. You can just try to "blend" but it doesn't even work that well.

Ok, it was the first of the franchise.. but it feels really old (the characters, the story.. the mechanics.. it's all so naive and outdated).

Only good remark: the good graphics, for a 2008 game - but considering I played it with a total retexturing mod, that uses textures from Revelations.
  52. Mar 19, 2015
    Visually, Assassin's Creed was way ahead of its time. However, despite its great potential and the revolutionary combat system, the game suffers from VERY repetitive game-play and missions, which are basically the same all the way through, only in different locations. The story is thrilling and delivers an acceptable beginning to the franchise.

Assassin's Creed grabs ones attention well

Assassin's Creed grabs ones attention well enough to consider playing the sequels, unfortunately it feels more like a prototype than anything else.
  53. Dec 22, 2011
    I really love the Assassin's Creed series, I like this game very much. I like the graphics too. Great controls and story, the enemies need some more voices, but that's alright. The thing I don't like is that the structure of the missions is repetitive, and sometimes the dialog is too long. Other than that, it is a good game to buy. 9 out of 10 is what I give it.
  54. Dec 30, 2011
    I'm a huge fan of the Assassin's creed series, but this one i could not get into at all. At first i loved it because I could run around and collect things but that grew old and repetitive just like the story missions. Near the end it gets less repetitive but you have to grind through many same-thing different-story missions to get there. The only reason this gets a 4 from me is becauseI'm a huge fan of the Assassin's creed series, but this one i could not get into at all. At first i loved it because I could run around and collect things but that grew old and repetitive just like the story missions. Near the end it gets less repetitive but you have to grind through many same-thing different-story missions to get there. The only reason this gets a 4 from me is because the story that it lays down for the rest of the series. Expand
  55. Nov 20, 2014
    Overall, this game is gorgeous and a true technological feat for its time. The game can be thrilling as you run from guards through the streets of Jerusalem. The stealth aspect of the game is well-done. However, the gameplay is otherwise overly simplistic and repetitive. Combat is particularly dull. The overarching story concerning the main character Desmond detracts from the centralOverall, this game is gorgeous and a true technological feat for its time. The game can be thrilling as you run from guards through the streets of Jerusalem. The stealth aspect of the game is well-done. However, the gameplay is otherwise overly simplistic and repetitive. Combat is particularly dull. The overarching story concerning the main character Desmond detracts from the central character and story of Altaïr. Expand
  56. Oct 19, 2011
    I really tried to like this game, but overall it was so repetitive it started to feel like a chore to finish. Go here, view here, complete objectives, and return to Masyaf. Aside from the historic holy land cities you visit (where you wash, rinse and repeat) the story is interesting and the visuals are great. The repetition leaves a bad after taste in your mouth, but this game alsoI really tried to like this game, but overall it was so repetitive it started to feel like a chore to finish. Go here, view here, complete objectives, and return to Masyaf. Aside from the historic holy land cities you visit (where you wash, rinse and repeat) the story is interesting and the visuals are great. The repetition leaves a bad after taste in your mouth, but this game also helps to setup the Assassin's Creed franchise. Not all is bad here, but it just wasn't well thought out and executed. Expand
  57. Apr 30, 2011
    Beautiful, detailed game. Authentic medieval feel. Great animations. Climbing tall structures gives genuine feeling of vertigo which never gets old. Repetitive and boring game play however which evolves little as game progresses. Annoying combat sequences. Little motivation to complete lengthy campaign beyond concluding the story. Excruciating game menu interface.
  58. Sep 3, 2013
    this game is the one that made history is not boring and of course this game is one of the best game in the world this game is the one that started the assassin's creed franchise made this franchise one of the best open world game in the world
  59. Nov 29, 2013
    Personally I love the Assassins Creed series. The story is great and is full of excitement and depth. I prefer Assassins Creed over the other games in the series. This game has a very good story line to it and i recommend playing it if you like stealth and assassinating games then this is the game for you. The story has a big twist at the end of it which keeps you on you feet. The end ofPersonally I love the Assassins Creed series. The story is great and is full of excitement and depth. I prefer Assassins Creed over the other games in the series. This game has a very good story line to it and i recommend playing it if you like stealth and assassinating games then this is the game for you. The story has a big twist at the end of it which keeps you on you feet. The end of the game really shows you about the continuing story from Assassin's Creed & Assassin's Creed II via Desmond Miles. Although this is a great game i cannot deny that there are some problems in the gameplay. For example there are a few bugs that get annoying in the storyline, the fighting also has problems and the occasional glitch. But overall its a great game and i recommended it to those who love these types of games.

This is AssassinReviews,
    Thanks for reading :D
  60. Jun 22, 2014
    This game was one of the best games I have played in a long time. Ubisoft did well. The story is great but there are a few flaws. The game is repetitive. You basically have to get a certain same requirement for each chapter. For example, you needed three investigations and they were pretty much the same throughout the whole story. You also needed to do view points and save citizens whichThis game was one of the best games I have played in a long time. Ubisoft did well. The story is great but there are a few flaws. The game is repetitive. You basically have to get a certain same requirement for each chapter. For example, you needed three investigations and they were pretty much the same throughout the whole story. You also needed to do view points and save citizens which pretty much got boring. The game also does not explain well on who the characters and places are. The visuals for its time is astonishing. The game makes you feel and care about certain characters whether good or bad. I would give this game an 85/100. Expand
  61. Jun 8, 2011
    One of the best games I have ever played, and much better then the second.This game is full of action, semi liinear (You may need to do the storyline to unlick certain things, which is pretty common, such as areas and items) VERY underated, should be at least an 8.6 or higher.The repetetive part of the game is veiw points when you first enter the city.Many beleive the investigationsOne of the best games I have ever played, and much better then the second.This game is full of action, semi liinear (You may need to do the storyline to unlick certain things, which is pretty common, such as areas and items) VERY underated, should be at least an 8.6 or higher.The repetetive part of the game is veiw points when you first enter the city.Many beleive the investigations repetetive, but this is fixed with the director's cut.A must have. Expand
  62. Dec 8, 2014
    Aún habiéndolo jugado en 2014 creo que puedo hacer una opinión objetiva.

Aún habiéndolo jugado en 2014 creo que puedo hacer una opinión objetiva.

Gráficamente el juego resulta notable para su época, a pesar de que su edición de PC podría haber sido mejor. Sobre todo dejaban mucho que desear la calidad de las sombras, el AA (mejorable con herramientas externas) y la distancia de renderizado, sobre todo esta última resultaba bastante incómoda para un jugador de PC, nada acostumbrado a que las texturas carguen a cinco metros. Por lo demás el juego puede obtener un 7/10 en calidad gráfica.

La banda sonora es sublime, ambientando completamente la inmersión en la época a experimentar.

La jugabilidad es lo más pecaminoso de este juego, no valen excusas del tipo "es un juego de 2008". El juego es de lo más repetitivo que he podido jugar en mi vida, una vez completada la introducción, el juego comienza a repetirse una y otra vez, haciendo siempre lo mismo, solo que con personajes distintos y en un ambiente distinto. A pesar de que la fórmula del sigilo/asesinato resulta novedosa y divertida, cuando comienza a repetirse empiezas a odiarla. Además intentan meter un pequeño sistema de sandbox que por suerte puedes comenzar a saltarte más adelante, porque solo consigue aburrirte y agobiarte aún más. Hay un solo tipo de misión principal, que se va repitiendo, y tres tipos de misiones principales, que se van repitiendo también.

La historia es lo que salva un poco al juego, es algo nuevo, usar la historia ya contada de la humanidad como herramienta narrativa, quien diría que un juego tipo documental histórico podría ser tan enganchante. Y aunque en este juego no lo veremos en su esplendor, el final nos garantiza que los juegos que vendrán, serán algo mágico.

En definitiva, es un juego que deseas pasarte rápido para poder llegar al desenlace de la historia y disfrutar de lo único bueno que tiene este juego, su guión. Por suerte, algunos ejecutivos decidieron seguir adelante con el segundo juego, y dar pie a una de las mejores sagas de videojuegos que existen. Porque si por este juego fuera, nadie creería que podría venir lo que después vino, y que mirando a posteriori podemos ver.
  63. Aug 12, 2012
    This is a very good game. Its graphics are superb and the storyline is well thought out and gripping. Basically, you play as a 21st century person who uses a machine to relive the life of his ancestor-Altair, an assassin in the 12th century. Altair messes up a mission and is demoted in his assassin guild. In order to regain his high rank Altair is tasked by his master to assassinate aThis is a very good game. Its graphics are superb and the storyline is well thought out and gripping. Basically, you play as a 21st century person who uses a machine to relive the life of his ancestor-Altair, an assassin in the 12th century. Altair messes up a mission and is demoted in his assassin guild. In order to regain his high rank Altair is tasked by his master to assassinate a number of Templars-his guild's mortal enemies, including their grand master. The story has an interesting conclusion-I'll leave it at that. The gameplay is fluid and amazing. My only real criticisms are that the NPCs don't do much else other than walk around and utter the odd sentence. Also, most of the time you simply duel your target face-to-face, rather than employing skill to take them out stealthily. Overall, a great game! Expand
  64. Aug 30, 2012
    A good start, but not more. The following games are better. Me missions are not very difficulty, but the open world feeling ist very cool. The graphics were awesome that time.
  65. Aug 12, 2010
    This game is mediocore at most. The combat system is repetitive, and the assassinations are surprisingly linear. All that is fun to do is basically the free-running, and even that gets boring at sometime. I like the concept, but it is just too repetitive to be a good game.
  66. Sep 4, 2010
    Great game, the storyline slowly unfolds and the main character pulls off some amazing moves in a visually stunning backdrop. Does tend to become a bit repetitive after a while though.
  67. Mar 23, 2013
    Why this game has earned the respect of so many people? It seems very repetitive. The only thing acceptable was that the story engages, the rest is always the same Even the dialogues of the characters in the cities are repeated over and over again, not to mention the damn beggars and madmen that you pull to one side... PC is also very hard to play with keyboard, since I tried to play withWhy this game has earned the respect of so many people? It seems very repetitive. The only thing acceptable was that the story engages, the rest is always the same Even the dialogues of the characters in the cities are repeated over and over again, not to mention the damn beggars and madmen that you pull to one side... PC is also very hard to play with keyboard, since I tried to play with it but it's impossible to configure it, because each time I enter the game again is dropped and buttons are misplaced. I put it a 1 for the story... Expand
  68. Jun 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game leaves a awesome positive mindset everytime you quit. One thing that is even remotely bad is quitting the game. It takes over a minute to exit the memory and the animus then quit the game. You cant skip cutscenes but usually they are so big of a deal you possibly cannot play without them, most of them are interactive so you can still do something while watching them. You get used to the keyboard controls very soon but it is clear that they didn't think of the mouse. the game has good graphics for it's age. The experience is intresting after memory block 1 and 2. The assassinations are really difficult if you don't exactly know what you are doing (one instance: I didn't play for a while and started playing right before an assassination and got killed over 20 times). the game is well balanced you are really agile and have to fight against a lot of enemies. Counter attacks may even be the most important thing in the game. Expand
  69. Dec 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. So, I recently got assassins creed 3 as it was bundled with these new headphones I bought. It was probably one of the best games I had ever played. So I decided to play though from the start of the series and become a dedicated pc fan.

The story was fairly good in my opinion, great character development with some twists and turns along the way. But the actual gameplay was realy a bad exeriance.

The game is split into I think 7 total memory blocks, you must go through each one in order to finish the game, the problem is, They're all essentially the same. you talk to a guy, he tells you to do 3 missions before you can assassinate the main bad guy. You have to do this up to three times in each memory block and it really starts to get repetitive.

Another major flaw with gameplay is the free running system, it's fairly nifty and is actually quite fun..... When it works. I find that I am constantly havering to climb th same wall again because the camera angle was slightly off and the character jumped off the wall only to lose half his health and be killed by the persuing Templars on the ground. The free running in this game was so bad that I found myself rage quitting often just because i couldn't synchronise the surroundings to continue with the game due to the consant falling or slow climbing.

Some may not agree with the last paragraph, but i can assure my keyboard works perfectly fine with games such as bioshock, team fortress 2 and titanfall. Anyway, the last problem I had with the game is the map. it is really annoying to use as she you select to only see primary objectives, it then switches back to all objectives once you leave the menu, not only that. But in order to progress you must essentially write the entire map of the world on your own, and I'm pretty sure during the game you are given a map of the town you are in multiple times.

I have played some of the later assassins creed games and they fixed a lot of these problems, but I'm really surprised the franchise has been this successful with this game being the one that started it. It truely was a pain to get through and I am never going to play it again, nor am I recommending to anybody I come across.

Thank god it's over now, I can start playing assassin's creed 2. XD
  70. joesphb.
    Aug 3, 2008
    I had a fun time playing it the the graphics are the best . I like ho u can steal everyons pen thing and go on the computer. My overall sayin is vantastic
  71. IanK
    Jan 1, 2010
    good game overall, i played it on the xbox 360 at my friend's a couple times and it was GREAT! I absolutly loved it! Graphics were amazing, gameplay was semi-repetative but think thats possibly what an 12th century assassin had to do. deep story line very fun to play. The reason i played this the first time was to see if i could get any ideas for free running ie. parkour, and was good game overall, i played it on the xbox 360 at my friend's a couple times and it was GREAT! I absolutly loved it! Graphics were amazing, gameplay was semi-repetative but think thats possibly what an 12th century assassin had to do. deep story line very fun to play. The reason i played this the first time was to see if i could get any ideas for free running ie. parkour, and was shown so much more then i was hoping for, I was sucked into the story and couldnt walk away. GREAT GAME! Expand
  72. KarlL.
    Apr 30, 2008
    Far to easy and repetitive. Every mission follows the same formula. Hardly any real stealth elements. Stupid AI and boring sword fights once you figure out how the system works. Ugly "sci fi" effects constantly flash across your screen making sure you don't get too immersed in the medieval world. Camera is constantly being wrenched from your control, and long unskipable dialog A lot Far to easy and repetitive. Every mission follows the same formula. Hardly any real stealth elements. Stupid AI and boring sword fights once you figure out how the system works. Ugly "sci fi" effects constantly flash across your screen making sure you don't get too immersed in the medieval world. Camera is constantly being wrenched from your control, and long unskipable dialog A lot of Lame missions such as " Collect all the flags along the path before the time runs out" Not really the most exciting thing an assassin could do. It does look nice though, and being able to climb everything is great fun. This is the sort of game that I would load up once or twice a month when I'm really bored and put a half hour into. Expand
  73. TimE.
    May 4, 2008
    This game is awesome! It's very funny and the graphics are insane. The gameplay reminds me a bit of Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, all this interacting with the NPCs is very cool. The story is great, too.
  74. AlexR.
    May 9, 2008
    This game is ridiculously fun all you do is run around and kill people it is repetitive because your an assassin and all your job to do is to kill people and THAT my friend is what makes this video game so awesome and addictive. Some people may get bored of this but it is one of the reasons I play video games. I LOVE IT!!!
  75. MarkyP
    Aug 17, 2008
    An absolutely fascinating premise, a 'game within a game' dynamic that hasn't been exploited before. It's a stunningly realised Medieval world, and the first few missions are breathtaking. Hearing the characters speak, negotiating crowds, and running up walls and climbing is just pure joy. The draw distance is good and I was worried that my PC wouldn't cope (ports An absolutely fascinating premise, a 'game within a game' dynamic that hasn't been exploited before. It's a stunningly realised Medieval world, and the first few missions are breathtaking. Hearing the characters speak, negotiating crowds, and running up walls and climbing is just pure joy. The draw distance is good and I was worried that my PC wouldn't cope (ports of console games tend to be badly optimised). But my year-old MacBook Pro could play everything on max settings and it simply looks superb. But I'm only going to play halfway through this game because of what everyone else has been saying: the repetition, which is starting to pall. A real shame, because such a detailed and believable world deserves a more developed gameplay dynamic. And the main character Altair is simply arrogant and American (the American accent didn't exist in 1191AD, but of course it is Desmond being projected into that world as an avatar; but still, why make the protagonist cheesily American like every other action hero?). Definitely worth seeing and playing, but not worth 40. Expand
  76. BrianS
    Aug 3, 2008
    This game was very fun. Great story and graphics and the combat can be challenging as well. I would like everyone that complains about the controls to read the reccomended specs for this game.. Yes a xbox360 gamepad makes all the difference in the world when playing this game and I highly reccomend everyone picking up a gamepad if they buy this game.
  77. NDrakesden
    Apr 12, 2009
    I think this is a fantastic game, especially if you go into it keeping in mind the criticisms others have had, but also remembering the first time you heard or saw anything about the game in previews. The way you get around and interact with the world is ingenious. There are a limited number of things you can do in a very large world, but you do those things incredibly well--the way a I think this is a fantastic game, especially if you go into it keeping in mind the criticisms others have had, but also remembering the first time you heard or saw anything about the game in previews. The way you get around and interact with the world is ingenious. There are a limited number of things you can do in a very large world, but you do those things incredibly well--the way a master assassin would. The game itself is gorgeous; you just have to remind yourself to look around when you're jumping from the top spire of a gigantic cathedral, or jumping over the Dome of the Rock. Combat can get deadening if you let it; but if you try new strategies (like drawing opponents into side streets by throwing a dagger) you can keep it interesting for a long time. I'm starting my second round through (on a much more powerful computer than my first time) and am finding it very entertaining--even the story grows on you--just don't let yourself get tied down by the less interesting elements, such as the flag "achievements," and when something gets repetitive, find another way to do it. Expand
  78. BrianP
    Nov 21, 2008
    Worst Game Ever. Okay first off, after playing Prince Of Persia The Two Thrones i was Pumped for this game Assassin's Creed. Why? Because the producers of the games are Same---Ubisoft. Prince Of Persia was an Epic Series and it is considered by many as the Best Action Adventure on the PC. So there, i bought the ORIGINAL DVD for Assassin's Creed Confident of the fact that it will Worst Game Ever. Okay first off, after playing Prince Of Persia The Two Thrones i was Pumped for this game Assassin's Creed. Why? Because the producers of the games are Same---Ubisoft. Prince Of Persia was an Epic Series and it is considered by many as the Best Action Adventure on the PC. So there, i bought the ORIGINAL DVD for Assassin's Creed Confident of the fact that it will be like Prince Of Persia and won't disappoint. Okay first off, the starting was very confusing and my friends near me Puked and ran away. But i wasn't gonna let this slip so easily. Being next-gen i knew Ubisoft were trying something different. After the first three assassinations i was FLAT. Yes i believed i had played the Best Game Ever. After the third however, things started to get a little repetitive and a lot till the 9th assassination. There are only three cities. Same Beggars and retards everywhere make the game so depressing. Also since this is the PC version the Side Missions are so Painfully Horrible. Two advantages you get playing this game is that it is Open World and it has the Best Graphics Ever by any Ubisoft Game. The ending for this game was pathetic and i was so disappointed that i felt like Tearing my Hair apart. I had wasted 50$s on this piece of SHIT. All in all, if you like Realism do play this game. But if you are a God Of War or a Prince Of Persia fan or a Fan of Fantasy games don't ever try this game. Prince Of Persia may be low in sales but it is a MUCH BETTER game than this Crappy Prince Of Persia Rip Off. If there is an Assassin's Creed 2, they better make it absolutely ZERO Repetitive and with no Side Quests then only i will rate it above or even in the league of Prince Of Persia or God Of War. Expand
  79. Dool
    Jan 10, 2008
    Amazing graphics of course, it reminds me of the prince of persia series. especially the fact that unlike the Prince of Persia series, your free to run jump and face plant 6 stories down and the worst thing that will happen to you is you will get booted back to the future. the one thing i dont get is if your running around on your hores in the countryside the guards tweak and all think Amazing graphics of course, it reminds me of the prince of persia series. especially the fact that unlike the Prince of Persia series, your free to run jump and face plant 6 stories down and the worst thing that will happen to you is you will get booted back to the future. the one thing i dont get is if your running around on your hores in the countryside the guards tweak and all think your up to no good, but if you hold down a button that makes you walk slightly slower, all is well. But I really did like Assians Creed, even when it did shit all over itself but its something new and different. Expand
  80. KevinG.
    Jan 23, 2008
    Awesome game, definitely worth buying. Good variety of missions, some of them get a little repetitive but it never plays out quite the same. Excellent fighting system, though the fist fighting could have used a bit more thought. I was extremely disappointed to find out that you can never use the crossbow shown in the opening video though. The story was a refreshing tale with plenty of Awesome game, definitely worth buying. Good variety of missions, some of them get a little repetitive but it never plays out quite the same. Excellent fighting system, though the fist fighting could have used a bit more thought. I was extremely disappointed to find out that you can never use the crossbow shown in the opening video though. The story was a refreshing tale with plenty of twists to keep you on your toes. Expand
  81. DustinG.
    Feb 27, 2008
    Great story. Amazing graphics. Combat system might have one or two flaws but still overall awesome!
  82. CodyW.
    Apr 12, 2008
    For a mouse and keyboard gamer this game is a piece of crap. The tutorial assumes you're using a gamepad and this is repeated throughout so you get brain-washed into assuming what the controls are with nothing to anchor the on screen instructions to your actual set-up. People criticize PC gaming but when ports go out of their way to fog the control scheme is it any wonder that we For a mouse and keyboard gamer this game is a piece of crap. The tutorial assumes you're using a gamepad and this is repeated throughout so you get brain-washed into assuming what the controls are with nothing to anchor the on screen instructions to your actual set-up. People criticize PC gaming but when ports go out of their way to fog the control scheme is it any wonder that we have bad things to say about game devs. Expand
  83. MikeK.
    Apr 13, 2008
    A wonderful game that has a new twist on the classic "Stealth Action Game"... the ability to hide in plain site. A few technical glitches such as the rediculous menu system or the tedious Desmond Miles scenes hold this game back from being a classic. It seems that many professional critics have rated this game based on the quality of the port to PC rather than the game itself, which is A wonderful game that has a new twist on the classic "Stealth Action Game"... the ability to hide in plain site. A few technical glitches such as the rediculous menu system or the tedious Desmond Miles scenes hold this game back from being a classic. It seems that many professional critics have rated this game based on the quality of the port to PC rather than the game itself, which is both ridiculous and unfair. Which is ultimately holding the meta-score score down. Expand
  84. MooMan
    Apr 14, 2008
    It has some bugs but I think its fun other than you can dodge in a corner.
  85. BrianS.
    Apr 14, 2008
    Fluid game play, awesome graphics, great story. Exciting, fun to play, a little repetitive....but worth playing.
  86. DavidH.
    Apr 18, 2008
    This is a very pleasing looking game and the stunning ease at which you can fly through the city's is a joy to play. Battle is a refreshing change to most games, you can't mow down 20 men with a press of a button in this game, it's much more realistic. However, once you have completed one assassination you've pretty much explored everything the game has to offer. The This is a very pleasing looking game and the stunning ease at which you can fly through the city's is a joy to play. Battle is a refreshing change to most games, you can't mow down 20 men with a press of a button in this game, it's much more realistic. However, once you have completed one assassination you've pretty much explored everything the game has to offer. The beginning screen and tutorial is painfully long combined with the repetitiveness of the main game ducts the 2 points from an otherwise very good game. Its good, but it could have been brilliant. Collapse
  87. DavidD.
    Apr 30, 2008
    I have had a blast and then some with this game. AMAZING!
  88. MechelsM.
    Apr 30, 2008
    The graphical quality is very good, the models and animations are some of the best I've ever seen. The storyline is reasonable, but nothing to write home about. It pretty much spoils itself before it's halfway through. The 'random' banter from NPCs is highly repetitive, most of them have only one or two sentences which they repeat over and over again. Which gets really The graphical quality is very good, the models and animations are some of the best I've ever seen. The storyline is reasonable, but nothing to write home about. It pretty much spoils itself before it's halfway through. The 'random' banter from NPCs is highly repetitive, most of them have only one or two sentences which they repeat over and over again. Which gets really annoying after a while. This annoyingness is matched easily by the behaviour of the NPCs, drunkards and beggars will only harrass the player. I ended up getting killed several times by a drunkard who for no reason at all lashed out and pushed me into the water. No guards or any NPC seems to care about the violent behaviour displayed by these drunkards, though if you fight back the heat will be on like there's no tomorrow. NPC guards in mini-game missions will instantly know where you are and of your intentions the second you 'lock' on to them, regardless of how stealthy your approach was. This completely negates the option of using the throwing knifes to get a free kill on these mini-games. I find this a rather immersion breaking issue. The controls leave the most to be desired though. Clearly it is a console port and the controls will constantly remind you of this fact. AWSD only allows for movement in 4 absolute directions, where in combat it is often needed to be able to 'move' diagonally or else the game will lock onto a different target and ruin your combo. The same goes for getting around the towns, in freerun mode the game decides when to jump, how far to jump and will adjust your direction to accommodate the jump it wants you to make. This will often lead to frustrating gameplay where the character either jumps too far or onto the wrong object killing the momentum of your run. Even when playing with a gamepad the controls feel unresponsive and like you're not the one in control of your character. Yet despide this "AI" controlling where and when you jump it's more than happy to let you jump to your doom, even though you have already changed directions or let go of the freerun mode entirely. I'd give it a 8 for graphics and animations, a 5 for the storyline, a 2 for immersion and a 1 for the controls. All in all, I give it 4 out of 10. Sorry, but lavish graphics do not make up for such poor controls and poor NPC behavior. Expand
  89. JalexD.
    Apr 8, 2008
    Okay, I do wish that there was even more variety in the gameplay, even if it meant delaying this version some. But, I already loved the console version and the PC version does no harm to the original. It merely adds to it and that can only be a good thing. So, if you loved the game (not just liked it or thought it was 'okay') or haven't played it yet and think it looks Okay, I do wish that there was even more variety in the gameplay, even if it meant delaying this version some. But, I already loved the console version and the PC version does no harm to the original. It merely adds to it and that can only be a good thing. So, if you loved the game (not just liked it or thought it was 'okay') or haven't played it yet and think it looks good, this is a must-buy expansion to a classic game. Expand
  90. T
    May 29, 2008
    Great graphics. Other than that... A control set, and control system, totally unsuited to PC gaming. Just awful. Imprecise, unpredictable, and frustrating. An average plot with even some semi original elements that, once you have seen it the first time, is unskipable on later re-plays. Unforgivable. Very restricted gameplay in the modern sections of the game. It totally breaks my Great graphics. Other than that... A control set, and control system, totally unsuited to PC gaming. Just awful. Imprecise, unpredictable, and frustrating. An average plot with even some semi original elements that, once you have seen it the first time, is unskipable on later re-plays. Unforgivable. Very restricted gameplay in the modern sections of the game. It totally breaks my suspension of disbelief that this guy just mutely goes along with everything. As a professed former assassin himself he doesn't grab the fire extinguisher off the wall and try to brain his captors with it before using their biometrics to escape... No, he just mutely does everything he is told to do like a sheep. Speaking of suspension of disbelief, as the game opens you have a character that is capable of amazing feats. Then he is demoted in his order, and suddenly can't do half of that stuff anymore. Cos that makes absolute sense. No. This whole thing screams "LAZY CONSOLE PORT" at the top of its lungs and is sadly representative of the disaster that is PC gaming these days. Expand
  91. GB.
    Jun 10, 2008
    I have nothing bad to say about the graphics or the control system in this game. The graphics are brilliant, especially with DX10 supported card. It took a few minutes to get to grips with the controls, but once you've got the hang of it, it's fine. I enjoyed the game for the first couple of cities, but then it became very clear that there was little variety and that the I have nothing bad to say about the graphics or the control system in this game. The graphics are brilliant, especially with DX10 supported card. It took a few minutes to get to grips with the controls, but once you've got the hang of it, it's fine. I enjoyed the game for the first couple of cities, but then it became very clear that there was little variety and that the gameplay for each city was going to be the same: save a civilian, climb a few watch points, eaves drop, assassins challenge, go take on the main assassination target, escape. I finished the first 3 "memory blocks" and then uninstalled it. I just couldn't face wasting any more of my life playing it, and would quite like those few hours back please. If only game developers spent a bit more time on making a good game than trying to wow us with pretty graphics. Expand
  92. OrenI.
    Aug 3, 2008
    The game is beautiful and entertaining for the first few hours of gameplay. But as time goes on and the combat system is mastered, the game is all too repetitive and nothing is really added to spice up the game. After the fifth hour of gameplay I started to avoid combat altogether until boss battles. It is not worth all the trouble to get to a boss battle though. A great combat system The game is beautiful and entertaining for the first few hours of gameplay. But as time goes on and the combat system is mastered, the game is all too repetitive and nothing is really added to spice up the game. After the fifth hour of gameplay I started to avoid combat altogether until boss battles. It is not worth all the trouble to get to a boss battle though. A great combat system that is 15X better than the usual hit, run/block, hit, but it isn't good enough to support an otherwise boring game. It is cool to climb up buildings, but doing so takes too long. Overall, you should try this game, but I think the 7 rating I gave was fair... Expand
  93. SyedS.
    Nov 27, 2009
    The graphics are realistic and the gameplay is great, but the story is somewhat confusing, and the side missions are boring. The styles are great, especially leaps. You wouldn't find anything new to it rather than the side missions which turn out to be boring as well.
  94. AlanM
    Jun 5, 2009
    Having not played this game on anything but the PC, I cannot speculate on any changes/imporvements made from the carry-over to the computer version. That being said, I easily gave this title a 9 out of 10, and only because most, if not all, missions are repetitive in nature. The essence of not only the main character but his surroundings are superb and at no time did I feel that things Having not played this game on anything but the PC, I cannot speculate on any changes/imporvements made from the carry-over to the computer version. That being said, I easily gave this title a 9 out of 10, and only because most, if not all, missions are repetitive in nature. The essence of not only the main character but his surroundings are superb and at no time did I feel that things within the context of the overall game were out of place. In fact, I became more interested in the real history of the area and time period because of this game. The end of the game only solidified my curiosity as to what Ubisoft will develop with the other two games of the trilogy and seeing as how Assassin's Creed 2 ships late 2009, I count the days and crave what comes next. Expand
  95. ChrisR
    Jul 17, 2009
    Great game, it gets a little repetitive though...
  96. GusGus
    Jan 14, 2010
    What an amazing game! So much fun to play and great graphics. What awful awful awful interface on PC. on Win 7- 64bit, I cant alt tab out of the game and it takes sometimes 7-8 trys to cntrl-alt-del out of the game! Why is it neccesary to leave the game this way? Because to just quit the game takes 5 minutes! first you have to quit the "animus" then leave the game, then goto the menu, What an amazing game! So much fun to play and great graphics. What awful awful awful interface on PC. on Win 7- 64bit, I cant alt tab out of the game and it takes sometimes 7-8 trys to cntrl-alt-del out of the game! Why is it neccesary to leave the game this way? Because to just quit the game takes 5 minutes! first you have to quit the "animus" then leave the game, then goto the menu, then quit the game???? Really? They couldnt just give you a "Quit to Windows" option? Also some glitchy stuff that I am not going to get into. Great game, great graphics, not made for the PC and/or just a lack of awareness be designers that truly takes away from the experience. Expand
  97. ChrisE.
    Feb 22, 2008
    Hello, Assasians Creed is a brilliant puppetter game. It uses great skills. The Xbox version to me is easier to use, for the game controller but the PC Version is as good. The story is great and the tasks rule.
  98. MateoG.
    Mar 12, 2008
    this game redefines what it means to be logical, unique and intense and wraps it all into a great game, Graphics (9) - beautiful life-like textures and details, the movements of all the characters seem to flow evenly throughout moving through the city, the physics combines movement with rag doll-like effects making the play experience almost realistic. though the faces of the players this game redefines what it means to be logical, unique and intense and wraps it all into a great game, Graphics (9) - beautiful life-like textures and details, the movements of all the characters seem to flow evenly throughout moving through the city, the physics combines movement with rag doll-like effects making the play experience almost realistic. though the faces of the players wernt top notch as in other games, the one thing that annoyed me the most was the post-prossesing of the game, or when the objects loaded. if you were riding a horse or running through ought the rooftops, it would be almost inevitable that you would see a object load up on screen. once is fine, but this game does it too much, otherwise, this is eye candy. AI (8) - Characters in this game ( if not disturbed ) are the closest thing to real as any game can get. but if you walk in front, not using any force or anything, it would almost be guaranteed that you would get a comment either about you being a "stranger" or you being "crazy". and when you kill assassinate, the same repetitive remarks of " who would have done this!" or " get the guards" gets a little annoying, buy it doesn't ruin the over-all game experience. Sound (10) - have you ever been in a shopping mall and herd the scuffing of the feet and the whispers of the people around you and the laughter somewhere far away? This game is just like that, showing SFX and music at its best in a game. almost everyone and everything makes a perfect life-like sound. Though the voices of the characters repeat once in a while, there is such a variety that you just don't notice. Story (9) - One of the most unique story lines in any game i have ever seen. to not spoil the fun, dreams is all I will tell you, the cut scenes may get annoying if you like the main game play, if you like getting deep into a story, this games for you. Overall (10) great graphics, great sounds, great characters, great story. Top notch game, I recommend it for everyone! Expand
  99. JoE.
    Mar 13, 2008
    Great game, but very repetitive, but definitely worth playing.
  100. LUkeB.
    Mar 4, 2008
    Assins Creed is a great game, unique in a certian way that is hard to pin point, the movement is smooth, no hard steps back as you have in some 3rd person games, and the choice of fighting and stealthing make this game unimaginably entertaining but perhaps maybe just a little to hard to grasp to start with. And in fact i only gave it an 8 due to (sorry for the spoiler for anyone who does Assins Creed is a great game, unique in a certian way that is hard to pin point, the movement is smooth, no hard steps back as you have in some 3rd person games, and the choice of fighting and stealthing make this game unimaginably entertaining but perhaps maybe just a little to hard to grasp to start with. And in fact i only gave it an 8 due to (sorry for the spoiler for anyone who does not know) THIS GUY IS JUST IN A LAB! IN THE FUTURE! (from the time we play in) really brings down any story or drama in the end. Expand

1. Playing as gaming's most agile character is joyous, which outweighs the lengthy cutscenes and disappointing final hour. [Apr 2008, p.38]
  2. Assassin’s Creed for the PC is a pretty compelling action game that benefits from huge environments and an interesting story. While the main campaign can get a bit repetitive, the new Director’s Cut features add some nice variety.
    What you're left with is a repetitive side-quest requirement for completing each primary mission, though the issue is alleviated somewhat with the PC version's additional content.