Assassin's Creed II PC

6.8

1. Dec 8, 2016
    Very poorly done and very poorly ported to PC. Horrible controls. I hate ubi for mouse acceleration, how can I play in this **** UBI STOP USING MOUSE ACCELERATION IN UR GAMES, FK STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Jun 20, 2013
    The story kept me interested, but the gameplay was not interesting enough to keep me wanting to play more of it, meaning, the controls worked really hard against me, even using a controller, and the camera aswell. Other than that, it sometimes felt the story stretched on a bit too much, it could have been shorter, and so would have been better.
  3. May 4, 2014
    I have played the original AC a couple of years ago, and was wondering lately how the continuation of the series would feel. Well, ACII is a MUCH better game than the original one.
    Firstly, the story is more engrossing, and the missions are much less repetitive than in the original game.
    Secondly, the graphics really shine, even 5 years after the game was released. And thirdly, the game
    Secondly, the graphics really shine, even 5 years after the game was released.
    And thirdly, the game play itself is so much smoother. Ezio plays as a dream, he is not only a skillful assassin, but also a more than decent swords fighter. One important remark: it is highly recommended to play this game on pc using an analog game-pad. It helps a lot, really.
    For the rest: don't hesitate, even after all these years, this still is a real masterpiece.
  4. Jul 26, 2011
    Since crappy always-on DRM was removed, this game has become a timesink for me. Great atmosphere, and always that nagging feeling to get that one more mission done :)
  5. Aug 27, 2012
    OK it sucks that you have to be connected to Ubi to play, but I've not had any technical problems with the game yet and overall it's not a bad game. Combat is unchanged, if not worse than the first Assassin's Creed, so it's still by far the worst combat I've come across in this genre. Free running is stupidly boring and unsatisfying, never mind how little to no skill there is in holdingOK it sucks that you have to be connected to Ubi to play, but I've not had any technical problems with the game yet and overall it's not a bad game. Combat is unchanged, if not worse than the first Assassin's Creed, so it's still by far the worst combat I've come across in this genre. Free running is stupidly boring and unsatisfying, never mind how little to no skill there is in holding down two buttons. However, if you can ignore the pointless complications of the modern day story which confused us all at the end of the first game you'll find an open-world adventure game which unlike the first game, packs the content to be classed as a GTA clone done properly. Side missions are not as repetitive, collectibles are far more rewarding and satisfying to get, let alone more varied. There are more RPG elements but without the unnecessary complications which accompany them. The devolpers haven't made stupid decisions with this game, but they have made it a proper free-roam game with a decent story, good length and side missions and well-designed towns. The graphics aren't anything special even when maxxed out, but they are still pretty good and stand up to inspection. All in all Assassin's Creed II has the credentials of a solid action-adventure free roam game, but unfortunately the gameplay mechanics are archaic and outdated, sometimes even buggy. If you want gameplay and level design consider Arkham Asylum, but if you want an immersive game Assassin's Creed II is better in every way. It's just a shame that it excels in everything but the most important element of a game- the GAMEPLAY. That said though, it's targeted towards a more casual audience who want more of a cinematic experience rather than intense and skillful gameplay as seen in Arkham Asylum. I guess this is more for the passive gamer rather than someone who really appreciates a solid combat system and will analyse every inch of level design. If you are a hardcore gamer chances are you won't enjoy this game very much because it's quite boring to play. A nice break though if you want something which is effortless and almost not even a game. Expand
  6. Oct 14, 2013
    While Ezio is not as compelling a character and Italy a less compelling setting, the game and mechanic is head and shoulders above the first game. Even managing the household to get income is horribly addictive. Highly recommended.
  7. Jul 23, 2012
    AC2 has just about everything that the first game lacked. Ubisoft seems to have learned a lot from the many problems AC1 had. Despite issues with the camera changing its angle at the most inopportune time, resulting in several keyboard-smashing moments, the controls, combat and gameplay are infinitely more enjoyable than the first game. Ezio is a compelling character who we really get toAC2 has just about everything that the first game lacked. Ubisoft seems to have learned a lot from the many problems AC1 had. Despite issues with the camera changing its angle at the most inopportune time, resulting in several keyboard-smashing moments, the controls, combat and gameplay are infinitely more enjoyable than the first game. Ezio is a compelling character who we really get to know over the course of the game. Best of all, I was always kept wanting to see what would happen next in the story. The variety of missions keeps things interesting, and the soundtrack is simply incredible- one of the best in any game I've played. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting a good story with substance and mystery. Expand
  8. Mar 26, 2014
    Beautiful. I love it. Magnificent gameplay. Wonderful story. I see that the developers have suceeded to take Assassin's Creed to a new level. Fantastic.
  9. Vex
    Jul 27, 2013
    A truly marvelous game that recreates the 15th century Italy down to the finest detail. The world feels alive and immersive and it's hard not to completely get sucked into it. Running on the rooftops of Florence and Venice is an unforgettable experience.

I honestly couldn't find any major flaws with this game, perhaps except for the fact that the first few memories really are a bit boring and slow to pick up, but other than that, the game is really awesome.
  10. Nov 3, 2012
    First of all I'd like to say that I'm not going to rate the terrible-at-that-time DRM system in this review, but stick to the game itself instead. Assassin's Creed 2 expands on all the aspects of the original - the cities are bigger, the activities are more varied, you've got WAY more gadgets, the game itself is longer and the plot now spans over thirty years. The storyline puts us in theFirst of all I'd like to say that I'm not going to rate the terrible-at-that-time DRM system in this review, but stick to the game itself instead. Assassin's Creed 2 expands on all the aspects of the original - the cities are bigger, the activities are more varied, you've got WAY more gadgets, the game itself is longer and the plot now spans over thirty years. The storyline puts us in the feet of Ezio Auditore - a young Florentine noble who loses his family shortly into the game. On our course for revenge we meet lots of important historical figures of that era (and kill some of them) and explore beautifully reconstructed cities of Florence, Venice and a couple of smaller towns. Collectible hunting has become more reasonable, and you should definitely check the Glyphs - collecting all of them will reveal quite a shocking "The Truth" video, which plays an important role in the franchise's mythology. (or you can just watch it on youtube, why) The only thing that game drops the bar at is the graphics. They're noticeably worse than in the original, and that's somewhat of a letdown. All in all, Assassin's Creed 2 is a well-made game, which retains the original's flaws, like the somewhat dull and easy combat system and drops of pace - I've played it for several weeks and then had to take a break from it for almost a year. Expand
  11. Jul 23, 2012
    Charles Dickens said it best:

Charles Dickens said it best:

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to heaven, we were all going direct the other way - in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only."

To summarise, this game is a juicy T-Bone steak.....With a sticky cat poo on top! Good game with a broken DRM system (Broken save sync). System lock every time i played, and missing game save progress wore me down until i was utterly sick of replaying what started out as a enjoyable game with good story line.

It doesnt matter how good the steak is. Its impossible for the cat poo not to ruin what should have been a gaming feast.
  12. Nov 10, 2013
    In a couple ways this was better than the first AC. I liked the additional combat mechanics, the graphics seemed like they were a notch higher, there wasn't as much time out of the animus and it seemed less repetitive, better locations. I started out very excited, especially after the strong finish of the first one. I jumped right into this one. About 2/3 the way through though, IIn a couple ways this was better than the first AC. I liked the additional combat mechanics, the graphics seemed like they were a notch higher, there wasn't as much time out of the animus and it seemed less repetitive, better locations. I started out very excited, especially after the strong finish of the first one. I jumped right into this one. About 2/3 the way through though, I encountered the timed platforming challenges. Make it through a platforming puzzle before the gate closes. Usually fun, and challenging. Fighting with the controls and the fixed control camera, is not fun. The combat started getting more heavy, as you'd expect and this issue started to rear it's ugly head more, as my timing was confounded by a cinematic swing that ended up behind a bush, tree or NPC. I can only assume this is a terrible PC port. I'm guessing the console folks had better control of the camera. Had to take quite a few points off, because I had to quit the game a couple times out of frustration, and started becoming eager for the end of the game. That being said, the game did finish off strongly, with an intriguing addition to the story line for the series. Expand
  13. Aug 5, 2012
    Superior to the original, picturesque, and has an intriguing story, but is inaccessible through the weird memory system and combat is as easy as using the toilet
  14. Aug 13, 2012
    Assassin's Creed 2 on PC haves stunning graphics, and It stands with It's positives, but the problematic controls and the disappointing DRM just make the PC version even worse than console version. Still, PC version isn't bad, and It's fun for a while. 78 out of 100.
  15. Oct 6, 2012
    This game is very cool. Awsome graphics, very good story ( although you won't understand many things if you didn't play the first one), nice and stealthly gameplay and many missions. It is very good
  16. Dec 13, 2012
    Would've been great if they cut down on the recycling of areas and timeline leaps. More of Desmond and more present day non-combat storytelling would've helped to break things up. Overall though it's a lot better than the original. Requiescat in pace.
  17. Jan 8, 2015
    A fantastic game, much better than the first AC (it is a lot less repetitive and boring, although it relies on the same core pillars). I played it quite late, which on the bright side allowed me to take advantage of my modern PC to enjoy a really smooth experience in high resolution, which is very immersive (and impressive). Highly recommended to any action / adventure fan!
  18. Mar 17, 2013
    Even today, this remains one of the best assassin's creed games ever, I love this game, and everything about it. The only thing that disappoints me is the controls, I have played AC3 on PC, and loved the controls, I hoped that the controls on this game would be the same, if not at least similar. However, these were completely different, and so awkward, it took me a good 10 minutes or soEven today, this remains one of the best assassin's creed games ever, I love this game, and everything about it. The only thing that disappoints me is the controls, I have played AC3 on PC, and loved the controls, I hoped that the controls on this game would be the same, if not at least similar. However, these were completely different, and so awkward, it took me a good 10 minutes or so to fix the stupid thing (and it still wasn't perfect). I have had NO COMPLAINTS with the Uplay DRM, I really don't see what the trouble is, my only issue is the controls, otherwise it is an incredible game! Thats why I give it a 7 and not an 8 or 9. Expand
  19. Feb 28, 2013
    Incredible evolution from the first to the second game.
  20. Jul 12, 2013
    Assassin's creed 1 suffered from repetitive gameplay and a bit weak story but this one improved in every way the graphics are amazing and the cities are full of life the story as well is so amazing and will keep you interested till the end the gameplay here is amazing with tons of weapons to choose and you'll end up buying new weapons just to see its finishing moves in the end anAssassin's creed 1 suffered from repetitive gameplay and a bit weak story but this one improved in every way the graphics are amazing and the cities are full of life the story as well is so amazing and will keep you interested till the end the gameplay here is amazing with tons of weapons to choose and you'll end up buying new weapons just to see its finishing moves in the end an excellent improvement on the first part and definitely one of the best game made by ubisoft Expand
  21. Jul 1, 2013
    Though enjoyable for a while, Assassin's Creed 2 prolongs its main story for way too long. The game mechanics really get repetitive and offer little more during the main story. At the end of the game you are forced to seek out collectables to advance in the main story, and I don't even want to think about playing all the side missions.

Ezio is a great character and the gameplay is

Ezio is a great character and the gameplay is somewhat enjoyable and the setting nice to look at, for some time. Should the main story take several hours less to complete and expand on its working gameplay mechanics, Assassin's Creed 2 doesn't really inspire me to check out any of the other games.

I don't see the charm in the underlining scifi story with Desmond and Animus. Most of the time it only distracts you from the characters and environments you actually care about and even restricts the openness of the game: you cannot enter this area because Ezio doesn't remember this area or Ezio had these collectables when this memory occured. When the scifi story is actually developed, it is rushed and feels like a forced cliffhanger so that the Assassin's Creed games have some continuity. I decided not to care about the scifi story and enjoy assassinating people as Ezio. If only it could have ended sooner (and had a better ending, for that matter).
  22. Jul 29, 2013
    In my opinion, AC 2 is one of the best games ever made for PC. It is one of the very few games that combine a great setting and atmosphere (with excellent graphics and sound, especially the voice acting) and a compelling story (which kept me playing through the whole night) on the one hand with really well-done gameplay mechanics on the other hand. It is a fun and very entertaining actionIn my opinion, AC 2 is one of the best games ever made for PC. It is one of the very few games that combine a great setting and atmosphere (with excellent graphics and sound, especially the voice acting) and a compelling story (which kept me playing through the whole night) on the one hand with really well-done gameplay mechanics on the other hand. It is a fun and very entertaining action game with at least 20 hours of gameplay through the fantastic storyline. The controls and interface could have been improved for the PC port, and I also had some technical issues like crashes and sound bugs. Also, I hate checkpoint save systems. But still, a great game, anyone who enjoys action games with good storyline, should have a serious look at this game. Expand
  23. Oct 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Assassin's Creed II is a nice game, untill you don't play it.
    Even if the story is really nice and involving, the whole gameplay is wrong.
    Commands are overly unreactive, counterattack has 50/50 chance of working, regardless if you got the timing correct, so does every other combinations. Some weapon, like the hidden-blade, are supposed to oneshot every enemy, but that would make them overpowered, so they completely don't respond to, making them completely useless, and forcing the use of the sword.
    Unlike Assassin's Creed 1 some enemy (generally higher grade) are hardcoded to not die until their like hasn't gone below 3 squares, and since you can't attack them without getting stopped, you're forced to stay and continuing counterattacking them, losing tons of time and excitement in the battle.
    Another annoying problem is the pointless, completely broken and unpopular platform Uplay.
    Because f*** you Steam user, until you don't register your copy of the game, you're still a pirate.
  24. Jul 6, 2016
    Gameplay : 8
    Graphics : 8
    Story : 7
    Sound : 8
    Overall : 8
  25. Jun 19, 2014
    Not bad. Not great. Was fun at first but got a little repetitive. I liked the having your own town concept, but that too could have been a bit more developed.

The port and UI wasn't that great, though. Obvious they didn't care much about the PC. You got used to it after playing for a while, though. The storyline started off good with the concept of revenge. They should have fleshed

The storyline started off good with the concept of revenge. They should have fleshed it out more deeply and kept that going, but instead, kinda just put it on the back burner.
  26. Jul 19, 2016
    Let me put the DRM aside and review the game since I pirated it (thanks to Ubisoft and its great DRM). As a history freak this is one of my favourite triple A action adventure games in recent years. One of the most unforgettable settings in a video game - Renaissance, Da Vinci, the Church, Florence, Venice... Music is also made by my favourite composer Jesper Kyd who contributed a lot toLet me put the DRM aside and review the game since I pirated it (thanks to Ubisoft and its great DRM). As a history freak this is one of my favourite triple A action adventure games in recent years. One of the most unforgettable settings in a video game - Renaissance, Da Vinci, the Church, Florence, Venice... Music is also made by my favourite composer Jesper Kyd who contributed a lot to the AC series.

The whole game is designed for the console though so the control scheme on KB/M is pure **** (unless you want to kill your left pinky), couldn't play it without a controller, though I prefer playing action games with a controller so I was OK with it. Graphics is optimised for the console so if you don't have a 16:9 monitor you get a letterbox on the screen...Well, what did I expect from Ubisoft?

If you are going to play just one AC game, this is it. But you don't have to go through the collectibles since they are pointless time wasters. Just go through the story and you're done with the game. I really don't like the collectibles for achievements trend, to be honest.
  27. Feb 16, 2014
    The best Assassin's Creed ever. It's nice, interesting and so on. You can enjoy the views of Florence and Venice. It's good, isn't it? So, what we have? A good hero, interesting setting, outstanging gameplay and the best story in 2009 except DA:Origins
  28. Apr 19, 2014
    The best AC game out there. If you liked any of the AC games after or before this, you will like AC2, I sure it.

Unlike a lot of other people, I did not encounter any DRM problems, so I was lucky I guess. The game itself is fun, and not as repetitive as the first one, and the duration spent climbing and running to your mission is less compared to the first game and subsequent games like AC3 and ACIV.

Therefore, this is the best AC game I've ever played. It still remains one of the best games I have ever played, and I've played quite a few.
  29. Sep 12, 2016
    Assassin's Creed II is not a perfect title, of course, especially the PC version. The game is, however, one of the most amazing experiences ever made.
  30. Jun 22, 2014
    Say goodbye to the Middle East and say hello to Italy. There were major improvements in this game. If you loved the first game (Assassin's Creed 1) you are going to love this one. Everything that you had in Assassin's Creed 1 is still here, just improved and a lot better.Running, climbing and the assassinations. This sequel fixes most of the flaws from Assassin's Creed 1. Bigger cities,Say goodbye to the Middle East and say hello to Italy. There were major improvements in this game. If you loved the first game (Assassin's Creed 1) you are going to love this one. Everything that you had in Assassin's Creed 1 is still here, just improved and a lot better.Running, climbing and the assassinations. This sequel fixes most of the flaws from Assassin's Creed 1. Bigger cities, better visuals and a better protagonist. Assassin's Creed 2 is better than the original. Just like the end of Assassin's Creed 1 was shocking, Assassin's Creed 2 is even more shocking. The setting takes place in the 15th Century Renaissance Italy. Throughout the whole game, you play as Ezio Auditore da Firenze. Your family are bankers and you soon find out to keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Ezio is an assassin and you watch him age throughout the game and perfect his skills in every way. The story is much clearer. You get to use the Animus 2.0 to help you identify people, documents, locations and etc... This a free roam word. So you get to kill guards, pickpocket and hire mercenaries, courtesans and thief's. Ubisoft also added a day and night cycle, economic system to buy armor, weapons, paintings, maps, etc...There are definitely more combat moves than just strike and counter and definitely a lot more weapons and customization. The characters in the game make you express your emotions whether you feel overjoyed about a character, want to knife the character in the face, or tear a little. The story was not as repetitive as the first one. The story is very intriguing. I would give this game a rating of 92 out of 100. Expand
  31. Apr 2, 2015
    The peak of the Assassin's Creed series and a vast improvement from the original. AC2 puts you in the role of Ezio, a hot-headed charming lad turned assassin who we get to see develop and mature in a deeply personal story of revenge.

Where AC1 suffered from crippling repetition in its side quests, AC2 rectifies this somewhat by including more variety within the side missions and in its locales. However, most of these turn out to be little more than diversions that don't really add much depth. They are still entertaining for the most part, but even in AC2 they still become slightly tedious and repetitive, their incentive being a little extra cash on the side. The glyphs are the exception to this, which provide a nice change of pace in gameplay with its puzzles, in addition to a little more backstory and lore to the game.

When it comes to visuals, the game looks fairly decent. Standing on a tall tower and looking down upon the city of Florence certainly makes for an impressive scene. When the cutscenes come rolling in however, character models definitely leave much to be desired. What impresses me most about AC2 though is its setting and general atmosphere. I have to congratulate Jesper Kyd on the soundtrack because it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. It does a phenomenal job of imbuing a great sense of discovery, of true Renaissance Italy, and it is the main reason (at least for me) why the game remains so memorable over the years, because just listening to it gives me the fondest sense of nostalgia.

Overall score - 8.5/10 (rounded down)
  32. May 22, 2015
    This sequel is pretty good. Since most people liked to complain about the lack of variety in missions from the first one I'm reluctant to say it hasn't improved a lot. You have mostly assassinations, a few races and collectibles to find. What shines much more than its predecessor is the story, it flows much better, the narrative evolves more linearly, but in a cleaner pace. The controlsThis sequel is pretty good. Since most people liked to complain about the lack of variety in missions from the first one I'm reluctant to say it hasn't improved a lot. You have mostly assassinations, a few races and collectibles to find. What shines much more than its predecessor is the story, it flows much better, the narrative evolves more linearly, but in a cleaner pace. The controls are a mess but completely bindable, just go adjusting to whatever feels better and you should be fine. Expand
  33. Feb 7, 2015
    Great story and graphics. Was a bit laggy for me at times, but it was very fun to grab people from haystacks and jump on top of them. Same concept as every other assassins creed game, so I have to give it an 8 rather than a 10 because of being recycled material >:(
  34. Feb 21, 2015
    It's a beautiful game, with great story and great action. But I have found it too easy on many occasions and as far the story goes it didn't give me a satisfying ending.
  35. May 21, 2015
  36. Feb 24, 2015
    Segundo jogo da serie que marcar a evolução da historia, contando a historia de Ezio. Jogo que abre o inicio de uma consagrada serie, embora seja o segundo jogo da serie, o mesmo "inaugurou" a mecânica do jogo que por sua vez ainda é usada até hoje nos jogos da franquia atuais, claro que por ser o pioneiro com variedades de armas, aprimoramento de armaduras e etc. O jogo serviu com umSegundo jogo da serie que marcar a evolução da historia, contando a historia de Ezio. Jogo que abre o inicio de uma consagrada serie, embora seja o segundo jogo da serie, o mesmo "inaugurou" a mecânica do jogo que por sua vez ainda é usada até hoje nos jogos da franquia atuais, claro que por ser o pioneiro com variedades de armas, aprimoramento de armaduras e etc. O jogo serviu com um laboratório para o novo tipo de jogabilidade, que deu muito certo, que não é atoa que ainda lançam jogos com a mesma mecânica, claro com novos recursos. Expand
  37. Mar 19, 2015
    Assassin's Creed II is a must have for every gamer who enjoys open world games. It's a huge improvement over the first part and the combat system feels brilliant, despite being less of a challenge than AC I. The game is very rewarding in each aspect and each mission seems unique in its own way. Story-wise, AC II will keep your attention up through the (roughly) 20-30 hours of game-play.Assassin's Creed II is a must have for every gamer who enjoys open world games. It's a huge improvement over the first part and the combat system feels brilliant, despite being less of a challenge than AC I. The game is very rewarding in each aspect and each mission seems unique in its own way. Story-wise, AC II will keep your attention up through the (roughly) 20-30 hours of game-play. You'll find it both exciting and also witty in many ways(I myself had to laugh a lot at some of the references used in the game), mostly due to the awesome protagonist: Ezio Auditore da Firenze. Fantastic voice acting!

The graphics are stunning, making the scenery of Italy absolutely enjoyable to watch. Unlike the first part, Assassin's Creed II makes the best of the franchises potential, leaving just enough space for better things to come. A true masterpiece.
  38. Jul 1, 2015
    - Good: Story, Concept, Parkour, Locations
    - Mixed: Gameplay
    - Bad: ---

Better than Assassin Creed I but still lacking in gameplay department. Combat system is mediocre again and controls are pretty bad with M/K.
  39. Nov 8, 2015
    A true epic game. Great story, great soundtrack (if it was a movie, this soundtrack would have surely nominated for Oscars), great characters. The Ezio trilogy made Assassin's Creed my most favourite game franchise. I will sure visit Italy in future and that will be only for three reasons - 1)This game, 2)Gladiator movie, 3)Home of supercars like Lamborghini and Ferrari.
  40. Dec 26, 2015
    i think

it is really good game. it is best assassin's creed game and one of my favourite games.

and ezio is one of best characters. i really loved him
  41. Nov 28, 2016
    Assassins Creed 2 is everything you would expect from a sequel. Takes best elements of it's predecessor and builds on it a great game.

The game follows a story of Ezio Auditore - a character I found extremely annoying at first but learned to like by the end of a game. This time the story is set in renaissance era of Italy with action taking in a couple of Italian towns like Florence, Venice, Tuscany.

Ezio is introduced a s reckless playboy character until both his father and brother are hanged for treason. Only then Ezio learns that his father was an assassin and begin his journey into the ranks of assassins. The story this time is a bit more linear than in the original Assassin's Creed but there is no lack of side activities to torment the completionists. Same as previously we follow the modern-time story of Desmond who re-lives the life of Ezio. And as previously the time spent outside the animus feels like totally necessary.

Mechanics wise this game improves on original game in almost every aspect. Drops the tedious repetitive missions in favour of more catered story driven missions this time. Crowd blending has been vastly improved making it more natural than previously. Notoriety has been introduced which can be removed by bribes or taking down wanted poster. It is really fun trying to navigate through a town having highest notoriety with guards alerted to your presence if you're not careful enough. Combat was also refined giving a wider array of moves.

Graphics hold up till this day - although you can tell the age when you're outside the town and it feels a bit empty. Inside cities however there's nothing to be picky about. The designs gives a good feel for the time period. The cities are well designed and fun to travel through either by foot or taking the rooftops.

Overall a big improvement to the original one and a really fun game that still holds up very well. Definitiely worth playing.
  42. Jan 25, 2016
    It really is a big difference between the first Assassin's Creed title and the second. Surpsins in a pleasant way because I did not think can be added so many new things in the story, especially during play and significantly increased.

1. Assassin’s Creed II is a gem, a truly masterpiece also on PC. Developing a new economic system, and bringing more attention to combats, notoriety and context-script, Ubisoft achieves an awesome and epic experience. This sequel is far better than the first one.
  2. The PC version of last year's beautiful action adventure is lots of fun, but you'll have to overcome its online-only copy protection and high price point.
  3. Two years later, Assassin's Creed tries again to make real those promises from Ubisoft, and prove itself as a better game than it was. The truth is that, despite the Renaissance setting, the vivid locations and the historical landmarks, the new features added don't really improve the sequel: the same repetitive mechanics remain, as the flawed enemy AI, a rough combat system and moments of frustration coming from issues with the camera and the control response in the platform sections. Assassin's Creed II it's still a good game but far from the masterpiece Ubisoft has been promising.