Assassin's Creed III PC

Story : 8
    Sound : 8
    Overall : 8
  2. Nov 24, 2013
    Expected a lot more from Ubisoft, in particular this one, since its the latest installment after Ezio's trilogy. The graphics won't put you down since they are above par, however the story and gameplay will. The mechanics are worth mentioning. Not too bad, but, could have been a lot better.
  3. Jan 29, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The only good thing about this game is perhaps great facial expressions and combat animations thanks to great motion capture. Other than that I can't think of anything good about this game...

I should perhaps just list all the negative things I could think of at the moment in point form because there are too many to mention.

- Lack of charm of the cities
    Can't blame them for this, its hard to trump AC2 in setting.

- Bad story
    Too predictable, lack of details in certain important events (What happened between the time gaps? How did Haytham knew he had a son?), horrible ending which only serves as a blatant sequel hook

- Protagonist's lack of charm
    Everyone agrees that Connor is an unlikeable character due to his lack of emotion and childishness. I blame his lack of character development on bad writing.

- Bad pacing
    Why not just make more missions instead of the unnecessary time gaps?

- Waste of characters
    Where the f are Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson? They make Haytham such a central character just to kill him off a few missions later after meeting him in person. Really?

- Boring side missions, useless collectibles
    This is a problem of the whole AC series. They don't contribute to the story in anyway.

- Bad control/UI (map, accounting book and secondary weapon choice screen)
    Half of the time I waste is because of the horrible controls/UI of the accounting book and secondary weapon choice screen.

-Bad mechanism (especially horse riding)
    It's faster to run because the horse gets stuck most of the time anyway.

- Uplay
    Don't need to mention this, it's why I pirated this game.
  4. Dec 10, 2013
    This is the first game I played from the series and it was a huge disappointment. The controls may be OK for console players I guess but on PC I felt just like watching a movie (with a bad plot) rather than playing a game. I hate simplicity at the expense of playability. That said the game graphics and physics are fine and there are few very good ideas. But the game as a whole is tooThis is the first game I played from the series and it was a huge disappointment. The controls may be OK for console players I guess but on PC I felt just like watching a movie (with a bad plot) rather than playing a game. I hate simplicity at the expense of playability. That said the game graphics and physics are fine and there are few very good ideas. But the game as a whole is too boring for me. Expand
  5. Apr 10, 2014
    While the combat is okay and the story in the simulation is fairly interesting, the game just gets fairly difficult at times. I haven't played much of other Assassin's Creed Games, but the animal block mini games are an easy way to get killed if there's more than two or three of them. However, the naval combat is definitely my favorite part of the game, but it's ruined when I'm pulled outWhile the combat is okay and the story in the simulation is fairly interesting, the game just gets fairly difficult at times. I haven't played much of other Assassin's Creed Games, but the animal block mini games are an easy way to get killed if there's more than two or three of them. However, the naval combat is definitely my favorite part of the game, but it's ruined when I'm pulled out for no reason to listen to some boring story. If there was more Naval missions and less out of simulation story the score would've been higher. Expand
  6. Apr 17, 2014
    I played AC1,2, AC brotherhood and revelation in sequence without any other game in between. After 3 hours when i started playing AC 3 , i felt like somethings is missing. After finishing the game i felt like why is this story so **** and why the **** i have to play that naive "connor"??? Where are my Assassins brothers??
    But to be fair, the game mechanics and controls are improved.
    But to be fair, the game mechanics and controls are improved. Graphics are ok and the most beautiful things is, you can skip ingame cutscenes now.
  7. Sep 13, 2014
    I really liked the story but the game was so buggy, glitching and I had already had my fill hunting animals and doing side missions in Far Cry 3 that I didnt even touch anything of those. Game-play had new controls (an improvement to the previous games) but the magic of climbing building and stuff was lost. I was travelling with Fast-Travel whenever I could and by horse in the town causeI really liked the story but the game was so buggy, glitching and I had already had my fill hunting animals and doing side missions in Far Cry 3 that I didnt even touch anything of those. Game-play had new controls (an improvement to the previous games) but the magic of climbing building and stuff was lost. I was travelling with Fast-Travel whenever I could and by horse in the town cause of the long distances, and nowhere to go from rooftop to rooftop. Expand
  8. Mar 28, 2015
    Another quite lackluster game in the tower-climbing simulator series. Even if the setting is quite fascinating, the main character is not up to that same standard, nor is the majority of the story. The intro was quite good though.
  9. Nov 23, 2014
    Assassin's creed 3 was a revolutionary new idea to the franchise and in some cases it worked and in others it did not. One of the good things was the new naval combat which took you to many different locations while on the helm of your ship. Assassin's Creed 3 provides a new range of tools and skills to the AC games from your tomahawk, to your bow and mines you the strap onto your enemiesAssassin's creed 3 was a revolutionary new idea to the franchise and in some cases it worked and in others it did not. One of the good things was the new naval combat which took you to many different locations while on the helm of your ship. Assassin's Creed 3 provides a new range of tools and skills to the AC games from your tomahawk, to your bow and mines you the strap onto your enemies backs. However I wasn't keen on the cities which felt boring and lifeless. The story line of Assassins Creed 3 started of really strong but after sequence 7, things started to go down hill. Hathem Kenway was one of my favorite Templars in the Assassin's Creed games and I enjoyed playing as him. When Connor came along I enjoyed playing as him also. However I hated the ending and didn't like the Templar Charles Lee who you kill at the end. Hathem should have been the one you kill because 1) he is Connors father, 2) he is grand master of the Templar order, and 3) you play as him before so you have some experience of his ways. Overall I would call Assassin's Creed 3 a good game but still would prefer the old classics like AC2 and Brotherhood over this one. Expand
  10. Feb 26, 2016
    Basado en la época de la guerra de independencia estadounidense. Me encantó los escenarios y el añadido de la caza al juego. Historia bastante aceptable.
  11. Dec 21, 2016
    Got this game for free recently. Have not played other AC games, so my opinion of this game is not based on comparison to its predecessors.

When I first started playing, there were significant camera glitches. However, I tracked them to the source, and they can be entirely fixed by disabling recording software that I never use anyway. It's a good game so far. The story is

It's a good game so far. The story is compelling enough for me to keep playing. I'm a big fan of American history, so the setting alone is a bonus. The game is difficult enough to feel like it's a game, and not just a playable movie. I like the parkour, although it feels rather restricted compared to some other games I've played (though, to be fair, the animations for this parkour is based on motion capture and almost feels realistic, while the more fun parkour is all entirely magical).

Just got to a section where the focus jumps from one main character to a different one. Kind of disjointed, changing it in the middle of the game, not to mention that the whole feel of the game is different when you switch from following Haytham to following Connor.

The game was almost entirely missing tutorials. I didn't even find out about changing items until starting the Connor sequence. I guess they're there, but you have to go through the menus.

I would have liked a better aiming system and a better combat system that better resembles a game centered around combat, but that's a stylistic choice. As it is, you press a button to block an incoming attack, if you time it right then it gives you a second to press another button to either insta-kill or disarm your opponent. For guns, a target is highlighted and you press a button to shoot. The stylistic choice there is that everything is all done with motion capture, using real motions that are all very smooth, and giving more freedom in a fight would have broken the realism.

I like how for every mission there are several optional challenges that it gives you at the beginning. Gives you an incentive to try making it harder than just muddling through the minimum.

Overall not awful, but then according to other reviews it's terrible compared to others in the series.
  12. Dec 20, 2016
    Un juego decente (menos en rendimiento, apartado en el que por cierto es una mierda).
    La historia de este juego es complicada de entender, tuve que jugarlo 2 veces para entender el por qué de un par de cosas, aunque tanto el final como la pelea de Connor contra su Haytham, me parecieron estúpidas y enormemente evitables.
    Le doy un 7 porque jugarlo es muy entretenido, porque cambiaron

Le doy un 7 porque jugarlo es muy entretenido, porque cambiaron el sistema de parkour y agregaron varias cosas más como Barcos y armas.
  13. Mar 17, 2017
    Only for those who want to finish the Desmond story or people who are interested in something Civil War related. I find the Connor the strongest Assassin (at least now that I've played until Unity...:/ yes that sh*t). The only bad thing I find about this game is the segmentation of the map and the storytelling at the fist half of the game (which has one of the worst paces I've ever seen inOnly for those who want to finish the Desmond story or people who are interested in something Civil War related. I find the Connor the strongest Assassin (at least now that I've played until Unity...:/ yes that sh*t). The only bad thing I find about this game is the segmentation of the map and the storytelling at the fist half of the game (which has one of the worst paces I've ever seen in a media content). At the second half things get better, music has some good moments and it's good for it's ending. It's a shame that they didn't achieve something more "open world" with such incredible landscapes.

If you're fan of AC or you want something else (better than this) I fully recommend Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag. The PS4 version if it's possible which I consider the best one.
  14. Jun 2, 2013
    This game is just the worst. The series has really taken a tumble. A number of times all I could think was "what were the developers thinking???". There are so many bad things and glitches with this game.The characters are not compelling and Conner is just a brat who tends to lose motivation half way through the game. They have messed with the fighting combat and although visually betterThis game is just the worst. The series has really taken a tumble. A number of times all I could think was "what were the developers thinking???". There are so many bad things and glitches with this game.The characters are not compelling and Conner is just a brat who tends to lose motivation half way through the game. They have messed with the fighting combat and although visually better it is far too simple. They discourage you from using the rooftops and most of the time it is easier to be Rambo than to seek around. You cannot run around the battlefields like in the trailer. The game play is linear with WAY too many cut scenes which tend to linger for way longer than required with awkward silent moments. The forrest and frontier setting is beautiful, but the cities are not exciting at all and a waste of time. Also the game has blinding white load screens which are not fun. I 100% regret buying this game but as a big fan of the rest of the series I had to see what happens to Desmond. Next time I will be watching the cut scenes on YouTube. Collapse

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
    Assassin’s Creed III proves to be, despite its promises, a rather indecisive game. It comes with so many strong elements, that it could have been the best Assassin’s Creed ever, but it fails to harmonically balance those elements. [January 2013]
  2. Jan 29, 2013
    Assassin's Creed 3 offers a spectacular way to fill in the blanks in your knowledge of the American Revolution - it never holds back on scope, drama or action.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Jan 23, 2013
    What, no French revolution? For Europeans, birth of the United States is not really very interesting time nor environment. And after Ezio (or Haytham Kenway), Connor is bland, irritating protagonist. Game is also full of chores that add very little to the experience. [Jan 2013]