6.1

1. Nov 24, 2012
    First thing to hit you about this game is how badly optimised it is. The opening scene, which is set in a fores, makes your frames per second plummet. All this is but a taste to what is to come. Once you enter the city of Boston, the game becomes unplayable even in the lowest detail setting with frames dropping to as low as 20 fps. This is on a rig that plays Hitman Absolution and BF3 withFirst thing to hit you about this game is how badly optimised it is. The opening scene, which is set in a fores, makes your frames per second plummet. All this is but a taste to what is to come. Once you enter the city of Boston, the game becomes unplayable even in the lowest detail setting with frames dropping to as low as 20 fps. This is on a rig that plays Hitman Absolution and BF3 with no issues.

I guess this was expected since it is a Ubisoft game after all. Their console to PC ports are some of the worst in the business.

Gameplay wise, it's standard assassin's creed fare. Jump some buildings, kill some guards and hide in some things. Perhaps the gameplay would've been better without the infuriating performance issues.
  2. Nov 28, 2012
    This game should not have been made. The amount of bugs that exist as well as the bland storyline do not create an atmosphere that is worth seeing or playing. For players who have never played any of the previous games it will leave an empty feeling in your stomach for even attempting such a project. Another reason to never try this game is the fact that anything advertised such as theThis game should not have been made. The amount of bugs that exist as well as the bland storyline do not create an atmosphere that is worth seeing or playing. For players who have never played any of the previous games it will leave an empty feeling in your stomach for even attempting such a project. Another reason to never try this game is the fact that anything advertised such as the massive battles that took place during the Revolutionary War do not exist in the game. The player will only see 2 or 3 of the main battles and they mainly have you going from side to side avoiding fire or telling colonial soldiers to shoot at incoming targets. There is only one assassination during a battle, and for the most part it is the same rinse and repeat style that exist throughout the entire game. As far as graphics are concerned the game is beautiful compared to its console brethren. However, graphics alone does not make a good game. The sad part about the entire thing is the story. It makes players want to see what happens next but about half way through there is a feeling of a job. The game becomes tedious and not worth seeing after sequence 9 which is a huge shame. Expand
  3. Dec 10, 2012
    **** Assassin's creed title yet. There is a lot to do, but absolutely nothing is fun. Combat is just silly and once you watch an hour of combat you have seen it all. Sidequests don't feel important. Stealth no longer feels important or fun for that matter. Connor is a dipsh*t. The story doesn't make sense.
  4. Dec 2, 2012
    Terrible. After 3 hours I can't stand to play anymore, and from the very beginning I realized this was a game to be dismissed. I've played all the others in the series, but the pacing and mission design is absolutely painful to go through. I consider myself patient, but after nothing but cutscenes and missions that say "hide in a bush, or spring up to this thing and press E" only toTerrible. After 3 hours I can't stand to play anymore, and from the very beginning I realized this was a game to be dismissed. I've played all the others in the series, but the pacing and mission design is absolutely painful to go through. I consider myself patient, but after nothing but cutscenes and missions that say "hide in a bush, or spring up to this thing and press E" only to enjoy another 10 minutes of cutscenes is very frustrating. And also, after completing tediously boring sections of a mission that include mind-numbingly mundane eavesdropping, some bum spots you a half second before you kill him, and BAM you are a failure and must restart the entire mission.

Boston is bland and uninspiring. Freerunning has become something of the past, the building design doesnt support fluent running and movement. This game is basically about pressing the E button when prompted.

And WTF is with the stupid lockpicking? Broken as hell. Extremely disappointed with this game, I have no desire to continue playing only after 3 short hours of gameplay (chalk it up to about 8 hours playtime due to boring cutscenes and dumb mission design failures.)
  5. Dec 11, 2012
    Well... before I start, I wanted to tell that I just had to register to write this review. Let it be a warning for anyone who reads the comments here. Assassin's Creed was a great franchise, I loved both episodes and expansions before this. They had their problems, but all in all were great games with a magnificent story, which is not usual these days.

So to this game. It has some

So to this game. It has some annoying bugs, yes, which game does not? Ok, maybe a little too much bugs, but a few patches can solve most of these problems. If you want a game with action, where you can kill enemies by the dozens in a fight and love jumping on trees and houses, this is your game. But, if you like the story too (like me), then just don't bother with this. Cherish the memories of the previous games and pretend like this does not even exists. The start of this game is aweseom, as you expect it, but it is all downhills from here. There will be some plot holes through the story, but the real **** comes at the end. The last few hours of gameplay is like a bad dream come true. The story and all events towards the end are so nonsensical, that it drove me mad. I was like "WTF?" at everything I saw. It literally rapes the story in my eyes and i'm ashamed in place of the creaters for what they have done.

All in all, if you think Mass Effect 3 had a ****ty ending, then you can not even fathom what waits you here. If you are a fan of the Assassin's Creed games then avoid this like the plaque.

I only gave 2 points for the great 2 previous episodes, this deserves a 0 as a standalone game.
  6. Dec 14, 2012
    The bloated decaying corpse of a once great franchise. I have been a fan from the beginning, but this final installment was easily the worst of them all, by a wide margin. All three of the points I have given the game come from the in game graphics, specifically the forest environment. As for the rest of the game, all I can say is awful game design, poor animation and bad writing. One ofThe bloated decaying corpse of a once great franchise. I have been a fan from the beginning, but this final installment was easily the worst of them all, by a wide margin. All three of the points I have given the game come from the in game graphics, specifically the forest environment. As for the rest of the game, all I can say is awful game design, poor animation and bad writing. One of the strangest things about AC3 is that much of the fun, 'assassin' gameplay of previous titles has been replaced by military themed mini-games. That is where they would actually allow you to play the game - AC3 is easily over 50% lengthy cutscenes, featuring characters which were ultimately dull and aroused no empathy from the viewer. Worse still, I often found the final blow to an enemy was delivered not by me, but in a cutscene. I found myself longing for even the most minor of interaction to feel like I was actually playing a game I had spent £30 on. I would not recommend this game to anyone, it is simply not fun. Expand
  7. Nov 17, 2013
    When Call of Duty meets our famous assassin, what will it be? It will be this game. Nearly all the game missions are linear levels, with player and his companions shooting the enemies in surprise as stealth attack. Just like a COD game in the era of American revolution. There is no room for creativity and a sense of open world in the missions.

At the end, I just wonder if this is still

At the end, I just wonder if this is still an assassin game. I have really no feelings of involvement that the character is an assassin as in AC1 & 2.

3 marks are only for the decent graphic, good PC port and the introduction of naval combat respectively.
  8. Dec 4, 2012
    Great story and setting, very well told, but it contains quite a lot of bugs, and the controls can drive you really crazy at times, which is especially annoying in long missions, where you die at the end and are then placed at the start of the mission. Most missions do have checkpoints though, so it's only a few (really annoying) missions who suffer that problem.
  9. Nov 23, 2012
    This game is not bad, but I'm already tired of the same cities in the game. Graphics of the game is even worse than in the second part. I think that this game is ported from the PS Vita.
  10. Dec 3, 2012
    If you are a PC gamer avoid this consolitus like the plague. Ported straight over to the PC without ANY adustments made for a mouse/keyboard setup [The indisputably superior controls over that neanderthal thumb wiggling device]

To the Assassin Creed 3 moron dev who said "PC gamers should use a controller when playing our game." You know where you can stick your console thumb wiggling device?

Save your money and buy dishonored on the PC instead of this dumb downed console game that is nowhere NEAR as good as the previous assassin creed games, Dishonored actually showed love for the PC control setup.
  11. Nov 28, 2012
    Good: Pretty good story line, not a common scenario that you would see in other games. Graphics are good. Cities look realistic, definitely captures the feel of the era. Weapons are pretty cool. Fast travel has been added in more places than just the tunnels. The money systems have been revised, it takes a little more effort to make cash now. Haytham is a very well done character andGood: Pretty good story line, not a common scenario that you would see in other games. Graphics are good. Cities look realistic, definitely captures the feel of the era. Weapons are pretty cool. Fast travel has been added in more places than just the tunnels. The money systems have been revised, it takes a little more effort to make cash now. Haytham is a very well done character and really good voice acting. The naval battles are awesome, easily the most enjoyable part of the game for me.

Bad: Very linear, yet jumpy story. There isn't a lot of creativity involved in what you do. Combat is great if you love cinematic kill shots, not so much if you enjoy honing your skills to get better. It's basically block when the warning thing pops up and mash the mouse button. It's often hard to pick up dropped weapons while in combat. There are some higher level AI that you fight that seem to just headbutt you and reverse your blocks making you just want to shoot them to end the hand to hand combat. Crafting seems very scattered and doesn't make much sense, why am I crafting barrels again? You will probably get stuck in the crafting menu until they get it patched. Lock picking... wtf. Doesn't make any sense at all. Your horse will likely get stuck inside of things frequently, but no big deal you can just call another. Better make sure you setup your shortcut key to the horse whistle though because your equipped weapons change by themselves. You may try to call a horse and wind up shooting a patrolling redcoat in the face. You can't just blindly jump from a viewpoint because it doesn't automatically line you up with the soft haystack at the bottom, this becomes annoying when you do the tree viewpoints and can't see the ground. Remember all those amazing underground puzzles in the past AC's? Yeah, none of that here. The main character isn't very likable. He's kind of an arrogant dick head to everyone. Achilles's story doesn't really end with a bang. Seems like they just ran out of time and forgot about that part. The story outside of the Animus is just out of control. It's not immersive and mostly leaves you with more questions than answers. The thing that frustrated me the most I'd say was the movement. The cities are designed to look more realistic, but unfortunately that means that rooftops are harder to traverse. Everything is very spread out, and it's hard to stay in the air for very long. The climbing seems to have been dumbed down a bit, when you want to climb it works nicely. If you're just trying to run away on the ground you will probably end up trying to climb the food cart or tree that's vaguely close to you, causing you to be surrounded. Graphics look nice, but aren't quite optimized. I have a decent rig, but there are lots of stutters especially when entering the big cities. At the end of the game, I'm very disappointed. I'd consider this the worst game in the series. So much potential, but not properly utilized.
  12. Nov 22, 2012
    Excellent game. Great graphics and gameplay. Enjoying everything about it right now. I am reading few users complaining about glitches or game not being designed the way they wanted. So far in 5hr gameplay I haven't noticed any issue and am totally happy with the game.
  13. Dec 2, 2012
    What a complete waste of time. I actually could't play this game for more than two hours at a time, fearing my heart would give in from my frustration:-) Every aspect of this game i worse than even AC1. Let aside the battles at sea whitch was new and great. The buttons, the story, gameplay, grafics, caracters, conversations, cutcenes, I could go on and on, they all suck! Do not buy thisWhat a complete waste of time. I actually could't play this game for more than two hours at a time, fearing my heart would give in from my frustration:-) Every aspect of this game i worse than even AC1. Let aside the battles at sea whitch was new and great. The buttons, the story, gameplay, grafics, caracters, conversations, cutcenes, I could go on and on, they all suck! Do not buy this game, and spare yourselves from a lot of pain. Alex Hutchinson name is now burned in to my brain, and i will forever shun from anything he puts his name on Expand
  14. Mar 31, 2013
    This game is OK! Its nothing special or awesome. Its also not very bad. In my opinion this game is a bit too long. (I didnt read the story after 20% of the game, quiet boring this stuff). In the end the cutscenes are too often and too long and the worst you CANT skip them. Thats not what i wrong from a good game you still need a skip button. I dont want to see the credits, iam notThis game is OK! Its nothing special or awesome. Its also not very bad. In my opinion this game is a bit too long. (I didnt read the story after 20% of the game, quiet boring this stuff). In the end the cutscenes are too often and too long and the worst you CANT skip them. Thats not what i wrong from a good game you still need a skip button. I dont want to see the credits, iam not intrested in them but you cant skip them. (fail) The game has good graphics but the hair from characters are just terrible, even GTA IV had better hair. Also the controls are not very good. In some missions you need to sprint but sprint is also the climb button so sometimes you climb stuff up that you didnt even want. There are also no marks in missions. (I often failed because of that). Iam happy that i didnt buy that game. I got it with my new PC. Thats not a great game. It have some positiv some like the openworld, graphics in some ways, also minigames etc. etc. Never played AC1/2 and i wont play AC4 its not that good. Expand
  15. Dec 7, 2012
    Score of 0. Very poorly done and very poorly ported to PC. Horrible controls. Mouse accel is only acceptable on extremes for SP(10) and MP(1). Nothing like any previous games. Stealth is gone. Assassinations are gone. AC is gone. Turning into a COD clone with guns now. UBI robbed us of funds
  16. Feb 1, 2013
    This game doesn't work with 3D Vision at all, even though it should since it is advertised as working. For me, it's a definite goner. The thing with 3D Vision is, once you played games in S3D, you can't go back... sorry
  17. Dec 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. SPOILER WARNING - This game was "RUSHED". I have absolutely loved every AC game prior to this (with some exception to ACR), and the buginess of the PC version can attest to that even though the PC version was released weeks after the console versions. Questions...why is Valley Forge in the middle of Massachusetts (Go to VF in the frontier then look at your world map)? Why is George Washington portrayed as some weak imbecile? Why did they lead us to believe this would be the last game in the series when they clearly set it up for another trilogy? Ubisoft really dropped the ball on their flagship series. I wouldn't mind waiting until after 12/21/2012 for a better game. Dear AC fans, we are now officially being milked... -___-; Expand
  18. Dec 25, 2012
    Ubisoft sells this product "as is," i.e., without any kind of useful warranty whatsoever. When a merchant does this, it is a tell-tale sign that they have no faith in their product and that you can expect shoddy workmanship. Assassin's Creed 3 lives up to the non-guarantee Ubisoft promises. It is an embarrassing, bug-riddled mess. As numerous players have reported, the game crashesUbisoft sells this product "as is," i.e., without any kind of useful warranty whatsoever. When a merchant does this, it is a tell-tale sign that they have no faith in their product and that you can expect shoddy workmanship. Assassin's Creed 3 lives up to the non-guarantee Ubisoft promises. It is an embarrassing, bug-riddled mess. As numerous players have reported, the game crashes frequently and without warning, sometimes forcing a system reboot. If this happens, you had better hope the game isn't saving your progress, or you will lose your entire savegame data, like I did. Moreover, despite Ubisoft touting that the game was being optimized for PC, and that it was necessary to delay it longer than its console counterparts, the game runs terribly on the PC. Expect to see frequent FPS drops despite very little actual GPU usage. For some reason, the game makes use of only a single core of the CPU and that is causing massive bottlenecks. Don't expect Ubisoft tech support to help you either: they will blame it on your drivers even if they are up to date. When I asked them for help getting a refund they told me to shove off. Expand
  19. Dec 23, 2012
    AC3 is an exercise in frustration. I know that I am in the minority here, but I hate this game. Which is shocking, considering that I love the all of the other AC games (yes, I even liked Revelations despite its flaws). I feel that the Ubisoft Montreal has been trying to pack more and more activities into each iteration and this has taken focus away from the core mechanics put into placeAC3 is an exercise in frustration. I know that I am in the minority here, but I hate this game. Which is shocking, considering that I love the all of the other AC games (yes, I even liked Revelations despite its flaws). I feel that the Ubisoft Montreal has been trying to pack more and more activities into each iteration and this has taken focus away from the core mechanics put into place in AC1 and refined to perfection in AC2. Not that I minded the extras built into each chapter, I just found that Brotherhood and Revelations were veering into territory that moved away from what made AC2 great.

AC3 has obviously been designed with the 'more is better' school of thought in mind and I for one am getting tired of the focus on quantity over quality. In this case, less would have been more. The characters are worthless (including Connor and Desmond), the story felt hacked together like the writers had no idea where to take the series after Ezio, and the missions are rubbish (despite what reviewers are saying). I can only think of one or two that were actually entertaining. Oh, all of the praise that is being heaped on the 'naval' missions - it is essentially Sid Meier's Pirates but more modern. Not one thing in this game is revolutionary and despite all of the raving going on about how it is an achievement for the series, I actually found that AC3 is more linear and less entertaining than the first AC game, just more awkward and confusing. Combat is rubbish, pathfinding is rubbish, running around the forest is NOT fun after the first ten minutes, the cities are bland and not very fun, there is no room for your character to grow, items in game are super expensive (seriously, 24 bullets costed 2000 pounds? Really?). The list goes on...

Why are people raving over a game that really should have taken a critical lambasting for being lazy and rushed?
  20. Dec 26, 2012
    COTSCENE kill 5.... COTSCENE walk 5 meters... COTSCENE press one button... COTSCENCE. 3 for the facial animations and the blood... fap fap fap +1 for the ship fights. the rest mehhhh. I am curious what's next on ASSASSins LOST!? Who's responsible ****
  21. Feb 11, 2013
    The game has become a soap film, you go and listen dialogues, sometimes you ride a horse, commanding fire, you can control the ship a minimum of action. No stealth and plot battle with 15 people. Conor listens some left people, carry out their orders, instead of himself all to understand and come up with a plan. Gameplay is very boring, all for the sake of the plot, sometimes very stupid.
  22. Nov 24, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After watching the trailers for this game, it looked incredibly promising. However, Assassin's Creed 3 has many fatal flaws that let it down.
    Although there have been some excellent changes regarding graphics and animations, making combat and free running look so fluid and epic, there actually aren't that many opportunities for a fight during the missions. In fact, the game often wants to restrict you with 'optional objectives' like staying out of open combat and limiting the amount of people you kill. This is extremely immersion breaking and unsatisfying. The stealth missions are also very linear and of you make one mistake then you're instantly desynchronised. However, there are a few awesome bits, which are inconsistent, leading you to a let down of an assassination target.
    The frontier is also a completely new addition to Assassin's Creed 3. It's a lush landscape, with loads of opportunities to climb and hunt animals. Other than that, it's really quite empty.
    Having played every Assassin's Creed game, I've always found the Desmond/Abstergo storyline intriguing and a nice break from delving back through history. Now, they're an even bigger break from playing as Connor. Climbing up a skyscraper, sneaking through a stadium, fighting your way through Abstergo - it's fun and high octane stuff. I can safely say that the Connor storyline is boring, partly because of how many times cutscenes interrupt the gameplay. The whole 'revenge' thing is cliché and I don't think Connor even understands why he is an Assassin, as opposed to Altair and Ezio. The multiplayer is fun, yet quite similar to that of Revelations.
    In conclusion, this game had a lot of potential to deliver a consistently entertaining and awesome experience, but it sadly fails at it with an uninteresting storyline, frustrating linear sequences and boring open world gameplay (ironic, I know).
  23. Dec 8, 2012
    I love this series. I'm actually kinda heart broken. They tried to do a lot and couldn't finish it - Everything feels incomplete. Maybe im just an old fart gamer and this is my final, cynical nail - but I highly doubt it. I saw so much potential, patiently waited through the reviews on the consoles and got this baby into my hands.. but then I was hand held for well hours- The optionalI love this series. I'm actually kinda heart broken. They tried to do a lot and couldn't finish it - Everything feels incomplete. Maybe im just an old fart gamer and this is my final, cynical nail - but I highly doubt it. I saw so much potential, patiently waited through the reviews on the consoles and got this baby into my hands.. but then I was hand held for well hours- The optional objectives are unrealistic, confusing. The story while full of merit, and follows the previous template of the other stories - has been over done and feels outlandish. The character portrays native americans as if they were quiet simpletons most of the time - until he makes up his mind on something, and even then, you might find yourself intentionally walking into the enemy, killing someone you wouldn't of thought you would, or losing the ability to communicate like a normal human being and left finally to once again be stuck with hand holding through minor plot points.

Another reason I'm so annoyed is the UI is awful, and they knew it when they released it. The assassin system is merely an ode to what was made from a super power system - and half the time they don't even work, buggy terrain or just watching on from fences - a near constant immersion breaker. The guild missions are horrible and horribly done with no obvious or explained pro's - and the trade system is pretty much the same, and time consuming for -nothing- Even the Boat missions which are actually rewarding - DON'T EVEN GIVE YOU THE DAMN COSTUME YOU'VE BEEN WEARING THE ENTIRE TIME ON THE BOAT- THEY GIVE YOU SOME OTHER GUYS AND MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE YOU'VE GOT A POTTY ON YOUR HEAD.

I always thought people hated the assassins creed series because it was a bit lengthy and complex. And for some reason some gamers seem to hate that?!? -This at first seems to play on that.. But then you find yourself struggling to climb trees- buildings with obvious climb points - being rendered unclimbable until you run away and come back. Extremely annoying in some of the missions when your character suddenly decides - he can't climb, has no acrobatic skill - or wants to SUICIDE ON THE SIDE OF A FRIGGIN HAY CART. *Breath* The Developers in this story, take on the role of the templars. They hold all the ideals of a good game but, it's hollow, because all they are interested in now is the money the franchise can generate - not the happiness it could bring those who enjoy it's freedoms. See what I mother f--king did there? Yeah. THATS HOW BAD YOUR WRITING WAS.

The original three act story has now been fragmented so much everything of relevelence, unique or powerful is near common place. You know modern day security agents only fire one single shot? JUST LIKE THEY ARE USING FLINT LOCKS? It just makes me mouth vomit. But out of respect for where this franchise started I wanted to see the end. No spoilers just the credits. Every other assassins game you could speed through the credits. This one, after a very hollow ending which im not even going to get started on - I was forced to sit through multiple countries and regions credits, like they were PROUD I wasted 70 hours into it - You know what? 8 of those hours I can legitimately put down to the fact that I fell asleep waiting for the credits to roll by, to make sure the game saved and so I could try and finish the assassins missions (which are horrible)

It's sad that the rest of that time I felt like I was being forced to run or ride around long winding terrain, even to find the fast travel points you have to spend ages dealing with a concept that's extremely unrealistic and that gives very little reward for a lot of time spent. The devs spent a lot of time focusing on the forest - to do it again, to the level where they couldn't even see the trees. I don't want a game of nod too's and references too good games (di vinci's flying machine) - I want substance, details - not quick mash cutscenes - not cutscenes with 'fake' quick mash cutscenes to show me 'how quick' other characters are.

I think it's just sad. This whole 'lets try and be interactive cinematic' attitude game developers have at the moment is a level of self delusion worth commiting for - You're game designers. Make games. If I wanted a 6 hour movie - I'd call Peter Jackson, If i wanted I hybrid, I'd buy a prius - I come to you for games. Make games. Don't try remodeling the wheel when you don't know crap about the industry you're trying to recreate in a GAME.

This was written to completion using individual keys instead of just holding the one like you have to through the entire game of assassins creed thanks to the new movement system.

I was going to give it a 5 - but the Ubisoft 'launcher' (read steam clone which steam launchs so you can play the game) annoyed me so much I had to take off three points (it also accounts for about 30 hours of my 'in game time' on my steam)

waste of time for all involved.
  24. Dec 23, 2012
    Might be one of the biggest face plants in game design history. I would guess that roughly 60% of the game is pointless filler. Gameplay is sometimes entertaining. Mostly maddening. Ending felt like it was written by a fourteen-year-old. As a tree climbing simulator I would give this game a 10. The harbor chase near the end...wtf Ubi. Wtf. That's the climactic finish? Punish **** usMight be one of the biggest face plants in game design history. I would guess that roughly 60% of the game is pointless filler. Gameplay is sometimes entertaining. Mostly maddening. Ending felt like it was written by a fourteen-year-old. As a tree climbing simulator I would give this game a 10. The harbor chase near the end...wtf Ubi. Wtf. That's the climactic finish? Punish **** us repeatedly by having to perfectly run a gauntlet 50 times? High fives all around, right guys? Amazing! I hope everyone involved with the making of this game was fired. Expand
  25. Jan 3, 2013
    I am a fan of the assassin's creed series but I hated this one. First of all the new character has the personality of a cardboard box, unlike Ezio, Connor is overly serious all the time. Also the combat feels just like it did before, parry, counter, kill. I also found the story boring, the one sided American revolutionary plot is so biased it made me cringe. The first 4 hours give youI am a fan of the assassin's creed series but I hated this one. First of all the new character has the personality of a cardboard box, unlike Ezio, Connor is overly serious all the time. Also the combat feels just like it did before, parry, counter, kill. I also found the story boring, the one sided American revolutionary plot is so biased it made me cringe. The first 4 hours give you freedom, the game never really recovers. The free running is bad, there are so many glitches. Assassin's creed 3 had so much potential but something went very wrong in making this game. Expand
  26. Feb 16, 2013
    Assasin's creed III is the best entry in the series, with the best story, fighting engine (which is bassicly the same but with some improvements), best setting (colonial america), and a great cast of characters with awesome voice acting. You can spent hours investigating the wilderness, or fighting with the guards wich is epic, and the soundtrack is very good. The only problem is the bugsAssasin's creed III is the best entry in the series, with the best story, fighting engine (which is bassicly the same but with some improvements), best setting (colonial america), and a great cast of characters with awesome voice acting. You can spent hours investigating the wilderness, or fighting with the guards wich is epic, and the soundtrack is very good. The only problem is the bugs and the ragdoll physics are too active sometimes you can even see the guards (while fighting with them) with they're legs and their bodies etc....If you dont have this game go buy it. Go now.NOW. Expand
  27. Dec 1, 2012
    I have been eagerly waiting for this game for a year. But it seems that the game hasn't lived up to the roaring expectations. It's just another installment in the series which went wrong since Revelations. The same story as Revelations - side missions are boring and dull, nothing much to do and the story is kind of dull. And yes, one thing I found peculiar was ''WHERE THE HELL ARE THEI have been eagerly waiting for this game for a year. But it seems that the game hasn't lived up to the roaring expectations. It's just another installment in the series which went wrong since Revelations. The same story as Revelations - side missions are boring and dull, nothing much to do and the story is kind of dull. And yes, one thing I found peculiar was ''WHERE THE HELL ARE THE SHOPS?". No, seriously, where were they. Also WANTED POSTERS were almost nil. And another depressing thing is the time spent in the frontier which is boring.
    The graphics are beautiful and the characters are well designed. The voice overs look extraordinary and the scenic beauty are worth a while.
    But the missions are mundane and there is nothing to do while you roam except hunting and looting the cargo.
    Please UBISOFT, have you forgotten what made Assassin's Creed a great franchise?
  28. Feb 13, 2013
    Hands down my favorite game in the series. On PC it is drop dead gorgeous. The story very much begins as an origin story for the new protagonist Connor. This is incredible, but completely replaying the game gets tedious due to the long handhold of an introduction. The new ship warfare and sailing is incredibly fun.

Very long game, in a positive way.

I loved this game.
  29. Feb 9, 2013
    You spend more of your time traveling between places and doing other boring stuff than actually assassinating people and doing other assassin-y stuff. I am almost at the end and never bought anything from a store because they are not visible on the map, also only way to make money is through a tedious process. Plus the confusing battle controls, etc. I liked the previous games, but amYou spend more of your time traveling between places and doing other boring stuff than actually assassinating people and doing other assassin-y stuff. I am almost at the end and never bought anything from a store because they are not visible on the map, also only way to make money is through a tedious process. Plus the confusing battle controls, etc. I liked the previous games, but am disappointed with AC3. Expand
  30. Mar 5, 2013
    This game is a real dud of a game. The only two interesting game features in the game are the ship battles and the decent combat. All story and side missions suck and the game is full of bugs, waiting around and meaningless drivel. I am fan of AC2 and Revelations but this installment is completely skippable and uninteresting.
  31. Dec 1, 2012
    AC3 is a good and solid game, but doesn't feel quite right in the series. I felt that the game relied too much on "chase this guy and kill him" or "fight these 20 guys to kill this one guy" instead of actually using your head and sneaking in and assassinating somebody. Several of your assassination missions you actually have to sneak in past tons of guards, where if you get discoveredAC3 is a good and solid game, but doesn't feel quite right in the series. I felt that the game relied too much on "chase this guy and kill him" or "fight these 20 guys to kill this one guy" instead of actually using your head and sneaking in and assassinating somebody. Several of your assassination missions you actually have to sneak in past tons of guards, where if you get discovered it's an instant lose condition, and then, once you close on your target it goes to cutscene where you are discovered and have to fight all those guards anyway. The graphics were good, but I can't say the same for the new facial animation tech Ubisoft has been bragging about. It just wasn't that good, and even in cutscenes characters mouths were often not synched with the audio. The cities are small and the buildings are too spaced out to make rooftop jumping (a staple of the series and part of why the series is so much fun) not practical in most cases. I actually barely used to rooftops at all, as it was often faster and easier to use the streets. The hunting mechanic was ok, but nothing I felt like spending a lot of time with. The crafting mechanic was pointless except for the pouch upgrades and special weapons, and those are not even really necessary. The UI for the crafting was awful, annoying to navigate, and you couldn't craft more than one of any particular item at a time, which was ok for some items, but annoying for items you use a lot like glass bottles, sewing threads, etc, but since there is never a point in the game where you HAVE to craft anything, and the rewards are so insignificant there's really no reason to craft anything, the bad crafting doesn't really take away from the gameplay itself. Same goes for the trading. Sending trade convoys takes a long time, they often come under attack in the middle of the very large frontier far enough away from any fast travel points that there is no way you can get there in time to save the convoy, and even if it makes it you don't really make enough money off it to make it worth the hassle. One thing I missed that AC2, Brotherhood, and Revelations did very well was the platforming "dungeons", those were a lot of fun and really gave you a chance to play with the free-running aspect of the game. These are almost completely absent in AC3, and the few platforming missions there are are not very good and don't keep you on the edge of your seat like in previous games. Also, the game is glitchy. Daily while I was playing it killed my computer, locked it up so not even a "ctrl-alt-del" worked and I had to to a hard shut down. Luckily the game usually autosaves often enough that you start back close to where it died. Now, I spent a lot of time complaining, now I'll tell of the good parts. The wilderness is large, think the Kingdom from the first AC game and double it. The tree climbing mechanic is fun, especially in swampier areas. Too bad more of the game doesn't take place in the frontier, because you have a lot more stealth options in the trees than you do in colonial towns. I REALLY enjoyed the naval battles. I would buy a DLC that just had a lot more of the naval warfare missions. The waves look amazing, the battles are epic, and it's just a lot of fun. The Desmond storyline gets a lot more play than any other AC game, and wraps up nicely. The way they did the Desmond missions in this game makes me want even more for them to make a modern-day AC game. I like the combat a lot, and enjoyed the big battles, I just wish it would let me stealth-kill my big targets more often. It's an AC game, it plays like an AC game, expect nothing more. One last thing, Connor is a good character, though he is a bit bland. He's supposed to be bland though, an Iroquois warrior is not going to be as flashy or flamboyant as an Italian nobleman like Ezio. I liked Connor, though I actually thought his father Haytham would be a better main character. A little more Ezio-like flair and attitude. All in all, I really enjoyed the game though some aspects were frustrating. I recommend this if you are a fan of the series, but not if you are looking for anything really new and exciting, as all of the new things were annoying except for the naval combat. Expand
  32. Feb 1, 2013
    When you make a game in 3D on consoles and then don't even bother to on PC there is undoubtedly something wrong with that picture. The game had been advertised as being 3D Vision Ready and yet it's an absolute mess in 3D on the PC version. It's an utter shame, when all the prior Assassin's Creeds worked so well in 3D Vision, to see such a work of art butchered in 3D for the PC version.When you make a game in 3D on consoles and then don't even bother to on PC there is undoubtedly something wrong with that picture. The game had been advertised as being 3D Vision Ready and yet it's an absolute mess in 3D on the PC version. It's an utter shame, when all the prior Assassin's Creeds worked so well in 3D Vision, to see such a work of art butchered in 3D for the PC version. Many current 3D gamers cut their teeth on 3D on consoles and have since moved on to 3D gaming on PC where it's more readily available and by far superior to console 3D. Yet, here we have the latest installment of the series that, because of devs laziness, isn't in 3D where it's far better suited. The average 3D gamer just doesn't want to play in 2D anymore, both of our eyes have been opened to the possibilities and we just don't want to go back. Collapse
  33. Dec 22, 2012
    This game started out so promising. I really enjoyed the storytelling in the beginning of the game. I think that Haythum is a much better character and a much better actor. Then middle of the game flounders along and never seems to gain any traction. The ending is terrible.

All the side missions, crafting, trading, and such do very little to enhance the game. Worse yet you have to finish or nearly finish the game before you can really see that stuff to the end. What's the point? Once the story is over I'm done. I'm not going to hang out in the frontier and craft sewing thread and buttons... Pretty disappointing. I thought Revelations was the series low but now I think AC3 has out done it.
  34. Dec 28, 2012
    'I didn't know Zynga made themed boxed sets?' Having been a tragic fanboy of this series since way back at instalment #1, I found myself at a loss as to how to feel about this game. Even from the outset. YES they changed my beloved control setup, and YES the new animus interface is less intuitive than before. But then I wonder how many people would be whining about the lack of innovation'I didn't know Zynga made themed boxed sets?' Having been a tragic fanboy of this series since way back at instalment #1, I found myself at a loss as to how to feel about this game. Even from the outset. YES they changed my beloved control setup, and YES the new animus interface is less intuitive than before. But then I wonder how many people would be whining about the lack of innovation in the new title if everything had stayed the same in that regard. I don't think the writing is the problem, because from the outset I LOVED Haytham, and I found myself drawn in to Connor. He may be a bit of a blank slate, but I don't think he is an especially WOODEN one. No. What bugs me about this game didn't really hit me until just before: it's all the mini-games. Granted AC#1 had an exceptionally simple set-up, (triply so if you played it on a console), and the AC2 trilogy addressed this by adding additional things to do, a few mini-games, and some interesting one-time mechanics in the odd side-quest or story mission. I started to get wary of all the extra padding though in Revelations with the new territory mechanic, and the tower-defense game, but THANKFULLY they weren't necessary to the completion of the game. There was still enough assassination to get you through the game without having to worry about it. AC3 though. The mini games aren't mini games anymore. It's as though someone's taken all the content of SPORE and made us play all the stages simultaneously. In Brotherhood or Revelations I could send recruits out on a mission and so long as there were enough of them with enough skill, they would succeed. In AC3 if I send a wagon to market and it gets attacked I have to track it down and defend it or lose the shipment. What happens if I'd rather just stab people than play farmville? Then there's the Naval part of the game. Bloody brilliant, but I need LOTS of money to upgrade that boat of mine which means lots of grinding away at babysitting caravans doesn't it? I could always try my luck at gambling but the use of games common to the era means I can LEARN the rules but they will take a longer time to master well enough to consistently beat the AI and make it viable. So the problem has become one of time... and I don't have time to play Assassin's Creed: Farmville the way it wants to be played. To completion, grinding away my life behind a keyboard playing an imaginary man's dead ancestor. Even with all the extra mechanics the game was fine (I actually loved the new mechanic for opening fast-travel spots), fine that is right up until I had a house and harbour to get up to spec. Then the game slows right down becoming instead of a quest for vengeance, it's a quest to be the richest man in colonial america, in what I can ONLY assume is some ridiculous attempt to pad out an ALREADY long game. I'm assuming at least. The previous titles were all certainly long enough without farmville attached. Imagine if Bioware had decided to pad out ANY of the Mass Effect titles by forcing you to engage in a spotlight stealing mini-game (and I use the prefix MINI loosely in this context) between story missions just so you can survive the next one. The game is simply too complex, and not in any good way. The story is lost under acres of clutter and would be much better served by some simplicity. It's telling that the more complex these games have gotten, the less I have replayed them. I played the first Assassin's creed to death waiting for number 2, and it wasn't levelling up my reputation with the thieves guild or having a guild den in every major port on the Mediterranean that did THAT, it was the context-dependent combat and the flawless execution of a mission that kept me coming back. NOT wanting to see how many wagons full of lumber I could get running back and forth to market (okay maybe there were SOME flags involved...). Expand
  35. Jan 5, 2013
    As an AC fan this one has turned out as a disappointment.

Worst enemy AI hands down: Whether it's having an enemy go into full alert mode while I'm still down the road approaching from behind or having them give up chasing me the moment I run behind a tree 2 feet away, the enemy AI is terrible/buggy, and really hurts the immersion factor of the game. Story cuts all over the place:
    As an AC fan this one has turned out as a disappointment.

Worst enemy AI hands down:

Story cuts all over the place:
    It's seems it was more important to the creators to stick Connor into every significant moment from 18th century American history and then cram them all into a game, rather than have a cohesive well developed story. The pace is terrible and motives or rationalisations of the characters are quite poor. Unfortunate that this was the conclusion to Desmond's story.

Undeveloped game elements:
    First AC game where I couldn't stand completing all the side objectives. At certain points in the game you'll click into your map only to find it littered with confusing icons, that, if you had never played an AC game before, you'd have no idea what was going on. Having owned and played every AC game myself, I was still confused. The assassination side missions and delivery missions are so trivial and pointless, their only purpose seems to purpose is to get you to run across the map a couple of times. Less would have been so much more in this case. Why put all these side elements into the game at all if they're just going to be trivial and pointless - just leave them out!

So many bugs...
    Want to weapon steal a sword in combat, only to find that you can't put it down and this ugly sword is attached to you for the rest of the game? Ever been surrounded by 5 enemies only to find your gun has randomly disappeared completely? Enjoy seeing dying enemies bizarrely squashed flat and then sucked into the vacuum of space? This game does that and so much more...

Ultimately, this game is aesthetically looks great. The artistic design is spot on Connor's movement throughout the world is slick. Unfortunately everything else seems rushed, sloppy or underdeveloped and unpolished. It is these elements that are omnipresent with the game that ultimately kills what should have been the most innovative AC to date. Terribly Unfortunate.
  36. Dec 13, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It is far from downright awful, but still lacking something the previous instalments had. On a good rig, graphics look really good. The art is amazing (ships, houses, the whole atmosphere). I think the game is a bit too long for its own good. Trade system is quite forgettable: after a while you've bought everything and It becomes useless. Same goes for crafting. Most of the items you create are meant for trade, so it's all back to square one. There are some bugs here and there: most of them are quite annoying (items not working, losing your whole stock of tools at the beginning of each new sequence). What bothers me most is the drastic change in gameplay. Stealth isn't the best option anymore and once you've been spotted, the best way out is to kill everyone around. Indeed, the AI will chase you on very long distances and the number of places where you can hide has been significantly lowered, to the point that you can't hide on roofs anymore (which makes ground the best option when fleeing...) The beginning of the story was enjoyable, but it drags at the end. The ending is laughable, as bad as it gets: compared to that, mass effect 3's ending was a true diamond... Weapons are unbalanced, most of them are not even worth buying. You don't even see any real difference between them. Armor is gone. The whole sense of progression has been kind of raped. Secondary objectives to reach 100% synchronization add a bit of difficulty but don't reward you for completing them. Just like the other episodes, there's no replayability value, but that was expected. I'm not too much of a multiplayer type of gamer, so I haven't quite tested that yet: so far it looks like brotherhood's and revelation's multiplayer with a few new features.

- All in all -

Pros: graphics, naval warfare, part of the story, animations.
    Cons: modified gameplay, unbalanced items, bland side quests, lack of freedom in most missions, ending.
  37. Jun 26, 2013
    I loved AC, big cities with tall buildings, difficult to reach watchtowers, difficult and stimulant puzzles, mazes, etc. Well, this game disappointed me a lot, i thing it's the worst AC i played, the only good thing i see are the graphics
  38. Jan 27, 2013
    A game that just doesn't stand up to the hype. Assassin's Creed 3 is slow to start up and drags its tail throughout the rest of the game. The music is highly unremarkable, notably so during segments between missions, where you are supposed to look for the bits and bobbles scattered around (feathers and viewpoints, mostly) as no music plays at all. The dead silence dulls the game and givesA game that just doesn't stand up to the hype. Assassin's Creed 3 is slow to start up and drags its tail throughout the rest of the game. The music is highly unremarkable, notably so during segments between missions, where you are supposed to look for the bits and bobbles scattered around (feathers and viewpoints, mostly) as no music plays at all. The dead silence dulls the game and gives it a very tedious feel. Connor is incredibly bland as a character. His motives are very unclear, and his lack of characterization might as well place him as a silent protagonist. A definite step down from the wonderful Ezio (in 2 and Brotherhood).
    The only thing that really saves AC3 is its attention to detail, as it has thousands of location-specific animations and beautiful scenery (as long as you aren't in the underground tunnels, where quite a bit of pixelization and color messups reside).
    Would not recommend. If you want the best game in the series, play Assassin's Creed 2.
  39. Aug 30, 2013
    When i played just 5 hours of this game i gave it a 9. I made a terrible mistake, this game is not that good. It has indeed a good story, and the Naval missions are the Jewel of the Crown. But the game is broken, the parkour elements are Broken, the Battles are way too simple, different weapons means nothing in this game. The best thing of the game, the naval missions, are so few in theWhen i played just 5 hours of this game i gave it a 9. I made a terrible mistake, this game is not that good. It has indeed a good story, and the Naval missions are the Jewel of the Crown. But the game is broken, the parkour elements are Broken, the Battles are way too simple, different weapons means nothing in this game. The best thing of the game, the naval missions, are so few in the story mode, that you can count in one hand's fingers. I am relieved that Blackflag's focus is on Piracy, i really hope they learn from their mistakes, Assassin's Creed is an awesome franchise. Expand
  40. May 24, 2013
    This isn't really as good as the other ones, because of the main character and the story, but the inovations that they added were good for the most part. Not as good as the otheres but still fun and DAT multiplayer is pretty damn good.
  41. Dec 7, 2012
    I love the Assassin's Creed series, but this game was like a huge kick in the balls for me. I was extremely excited when I heard they were (finally) moving Assassin's Creed to America but I expected much more. After doing absolutely nothing to improve the game from Brotherhood to Revelations they decided to keep everything they did before except smaller buildings and a larger free-roamI love the Assassin's Creed series, but this game was like a huge kick in the balls for me. I was extremely excited when I heard they were (finally) moving Assassin's Creed to America but I expected much more. After doing absolutely nothing to improve the game from Brotherhood to Revelations they decided to keep everything they did before except smaller buildings and a larger free-roam map. The thing that really pissed me off was the crappiest intro known to man. If you want to know exactly how to make people not want to play your game. Make the intro on a boat while teaching them to do everything they learn by playing the game anyways. Hats off to the creators of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Hats back on (and a few boo's) to the creators of Assassin's Creed 3. Expand
  42. Feb 20, 2013
    WORST game i ever played!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  43. Feb 23, 2013
    This... Is a very bad game.

This... Is a very bad game.

The AC franchise has been losing much of its challenge since the second game. Now, in the series' fifth game, everything is so easy it feels like a joke. Enemies can be instantly killed by counter attacks which may be followed by single-hit kills on almost all nearby enemies; to make it even worse, now a big red icon flashes over an enemy when he's about to attack, allowing for perfect counters and thus making combat mostly a quick time event.

Moving around has been made easier, too now running is under a "safe mode", in which the playable character will automatically run and leap through the available path, avoiding jumps that would make him fall. Platforming sequences are, thus, a joke just hold the running key and forward, and the character will automatically progress to the next area.

I understand this change it's a way to deal with the lack of precise controls which has always plagued the franchise. It's the wrong way to deal with it, too instead of giving better controls, removing the need for them is basically throwing the baby with the water. Somewhat ironically, controls for everything else were actually made worse. The intriguing interface mirroring each key to a specific body part has been completely removed, and replaced by having two keys doing most actions, often overlapping them. Dual assassinations are even less precise now, and jumping, in the few moments it's needed, is the clumsiest it has ever been.

Even the basics of the AC franchise have been made worse. Viewing points don't reveal the entire map around them anymore, and many of them are exactly the same. Navigating above the ground has been made worse by having trees following very specific paths, so they are of very limited utility, and having buildings far from each other so jumping through them is often not doable. Side missions have been reduced to literally fedex quests or just killing a random, unnamed enemy standing around no story, no special circumstance to each killing, nothing. Even voice acting, which had always been brilliant in the franchise, takes a hit as the main character speaks with a monotone voice that remains as the voice of a teenager while he grows older in the game.

The setting is also lacking in comparison to the other games. The first Assassin's Creed was somewhat revolutionary by, despite having the September 11 attacks still fresh in memory, portraying the protagonist as a follower of Islam fighting against a mostly Western organization, and doing so with respect. While Ubisoft avoided the trap of denigrating a different culture, in Assassin's Creed 3 they fall for the opposite sin, by overstating the virtues of the American culture. Having one of the first interactive conversations in the game being a very long dialogue about how Benjamin Franklin was a very successful womanizer was only the first sign of the hubris America is portrayed with.

To make things worse, while graphic quality is huge the sea in the first sequences was incredibly beautiful, perfectly realistic the world is actually ugly. Boston is dominated by the same pastel colors everywhere, in a sharp contrast to Veneza in AC2. The Frontier looks the same in all its areas. NPCs and enemies have no variation.

Compounding the issue, the user interface on the PC is horrible, clearly a bad console port. The map requires the use of two different cursors, instead of simply allowing us to click on map markers, and more than once simply got stuck. Menus are horrible: they have been split on a "tab" menu and a "esc" menu for no reason, often do not respond to mouse clicks, sometimes fail to work with the mouse wheel, are a pain to close, and so on. Some of the interfaces are so bad, and so badly optimized for the PC, that not only they sometimes bug but also ruin entire additions to the game, such as the crafting system.

This is a recurrent issue within the game: there have been many new additions to gameplay... And nearly all of them are bad. Most consist of doing menial activities over and over, like hunting or selling goods through convoys; those things feel like shores, notsomething fun. The only fun addition are the naval missions, but even those become repetitive very soon. And despite new systems, there are very few tutorials explaining how they work in game. So my wagon is under attack and I need to go defend it? Sure, but where is it? Why doesn’t the game explain that those convoys are only visible within one map?

Simply said, there is nothing fun in this game. Stealth is completely meaningless, while it should have been the focus of the franchise. Combat and movement have been made so easy they are jokes now. Side missions have been replaced by empty grind. The setting is ugly, as well as bland. The user interface is horrible. I honestly could not make myself to play this game beyond sequence 7... And watching the end, it's a disappointment. Like everything else.
  44. Mar 8, 2013
    Aside from the naval battle, everything else in this game is complete crap. Aside from the naval battle, everything else in this game is complete crap. Aside from the naval battle, everything else in this game is complete crap. Aside from the naval battle, everything else in this game is complete crap.
  45. Sep 26, 2013
    Bad AI but certainly not a bad game. The naval combat in this game is so unique and amazing A whole new world and assassins. There's even a crafting system and I do find myself hunting a lot because it is quite enjoyable. I don't mind cut scenes simply because I am probably the only gamer that enjoys cut scenes. Overall, this isn't a bad game.
  46. Aug 8, 2013
    You can't enjoy this game for more than 3 minutes without running into bugs and glitches. Not minor annoyances, but game-killing issues. I played v1.06, still it's a half-ready game filled with bugs... What could be 1.00 like? Was it even starting?

If you need to know anything about this game, go to youtube.com because here is nothing explained... You have to find out everything on your own. Like this game is made deliberately to be hated.

SOME of the bugs/glitches:

Map how to zoom back in? BTW AC1-2 and co. had some problems with the map it didn't centered on many times if you clicked on an icon. They fixed it. Yes, they removed... So now you can only drag the sorry map... Is it really that hard to make an interface that works? I mean, it's the 5th generation for God's sake... Thousands worked on them. Nobody cared?

The climbing is still POS, try the Beacon hill climb. The game screws it up for you... It jumps automatically into bowl up there and thats it... If you want to climb up, you have to try once-twice to know the game's glitches...
    Sometimes you can't climb up to a rooftop, he just stands there meditating. And if you're being chased... I wonder if anybody tested the game before release.

Sometimes, just walking around, you get suddenly chased by the guards... Why? And you kill them by the dozen, but they don't get less. What's the point? I'm in incognito, aren't I?

There are so many lock picking minigames, Why didn't just copy one of them, because this is the worst. You get through the left/right phase, and then he just pulls out the tool and you can start over... Why Connor pulls the damn thing out? He just found the right angle. It's a drag like every minigame here. Atrocious, annoying, stupid. Work of lazy developers without imagination...

This guy can climb things that no human can: windows, even a piece of plaster bears his weight. What he can't climb ARE ROCKS... Rocks, that most humans can with a bit of practice. So you spend hours on pressing the forward button, to round the rocks...
    Tree climbing is a pain. Not working as it should be or it just not working at all. You have basically the SAME tree for every lookout point. Still the basic commands aren't working. If you climb up, Connor looks around from BEHIND THE LEAVES, and because you cant see where you jump, you're dead. Atrocious game design and logic.

The inventory is confusing. Nothing explained. It's just amazingly bad. Buttons not working (backspace, space). It's version 1.06, I've been waiting to download 6 patches, one by one and still they didn't fix this issue.
    If you touch the mouse it's frozen. It's not a bad port, it hasn't been ported to pc at all. Basic stuff not working.

After a few hours of gaming when you have a task, e.g. to look for a treasure chest and you cant find it, you are not searching for it again, because you think it's a glitch again, that it's not there. You get use to the bugs...

It's the 5th generation of AC so now it was high time to introduce (on a regular base) the plague, the cancer of the gaming world (at least the pc, the console gamer take it), the Quick time events. YESS. So now if you have liked the series so far, now they convince you that you were wrong... From now on you'll be on a level of a 3 year old toddler push this, and then push that. I was so missing this...
    And if QTE, why isn't it enough to click the damn button once? I hit the E once or 6 times, still I die...
  47. Jan 2, 2015
    good: setting
    good: setting
    bad:poor console port, retarded mechanics of parkour (annoying as **** poor characters, poor storyline, boring repetitive quests, a large portion of game is dumb and clearly made for kids, every good thing is affected by 30 bad things, bugs, bugs more bugs, too easy, except when you try to battle bugs, not even close to previous assassin creed titles, not even a big budget could save this fail of the game
  48. Sep 9, 2013
    I love this game, really immersive, beautiful and fun to play. everything works once you learn how to play it.

I read on some reviews that actions like blending with people to escape guards, or climbing on trees, or clear camps without fighting everybody in open combat don't work. well it all works pretty fine, seriously learn to play. If you fail at climbing trees, then it's your damn fault if you suck at it, not the game's.

You have to be tactical and work on your skills to clear forts and camps without being detected, if you think it will happen by itself just because you've played other AC games, then think twice I had trouble with this stuff at first but once you figure it out, it's awesome. You have to play the game and learn to do it right.

Most of the bad critics I read about this game honestly sound totally dumb to me, I think many players don't get it or got frustrated because they're not used to it like they got used to AC2 or ACB. I read "For Europeans, birth of the United States is not really very interesting time nor environment" how can you be so self centered I'm not american, and you don't have to be american to be hooked by the story and the historical context open up !

What annoys me in this game is horseback riding, I find myself sometimes stuck on rocks or between trees, gotta be careful.

To sum up I spent like 70 hours in AC3 so far and i'm really enjoying my time with it. Gamers here that about gameplay are the same players that about dark souls simply because they can't get around with it. L2P
  49. Sep 12, 2013
    Assassin's Creed 3 is a fantastic game. It's the first game in the series that actually feels like a stealth game, since now you are able to hide around building and other structures and also conceal yourself in vegetation. This brings out a lot of new tactics and makes the game far more enjoyable to me.

The characters really resonated with me. Getting to see Connor grow up gave him

The characters really resonated with me. Getting to see Connor grow up gave him more depth and made me sympathize with him more. I loved the setting which takes place around the time of the Revolutionary War and deals with the conflicts between Britain and the American colonies as well as the conflicts between European settlers and Native Americans. Such a rich period in history and the way they handled it was very well done.

The traversal mechanics are another area that has been improved a lot. Now you can climb trees and rocky cliffs. Being able to move like this through forests and other outdoor environments really brought the game to the next level. Assassinating someone by jumping off a branch above them never gets old.

I love the variety of things you do in this game as well. The hunting was a lot of fun and the naval combat was thrilling and a true highlight of the game.

All in all Assassin's Creed 3 was one of the better games I have played in the past year. I recommend it to any fans of the series or anybody that enjoys action or stealth games.
  50. Sep 13, 2013
    This game could have been a great experience, but the port is just dreadful. The game is heavily CPU dependent and will run like crap if you do not posses a rather fast CPU. Not to mention the AI not missing anything, can see through walls and the occasional bugs that completely kill any kind of immersion. One example is the no sound during cutscenes. How is this even possible? It worksThis game could have been a great experience, but the port is just dreadful. The game is heavily CPU dependent and will run like crap if you do not posses a rather fast CPU. Not to mention the AI not missing anything, can see through walls and the occasional bugs that completely kill any kind of immersion. One example is the no sound during cutscenes. How is this even possible? It works perfectly fine in the rest of the game. But to make things worse, Ubisoft is actively pushing out updates for AC3. But not a single update is addressing the performance issue.

If you have a i5, you'll still get playable framerates. 30-40 fps and if you overclock you can get even better performance. However for those PC gamers who have older CPUs, overclocking is a must to make it playable.

The gameplay is dumbed down and you just feel that you're watching a movie instead of playing a game. It is a shame that the latest installment is the worst one gameplay wise. The whole part about you being an assassin is gone. You just feel like the average hero fighting his way through waves of enemies. The story is pretty disappointing too.

If it wasn't for the horrible performance and immersion killing bugs I would have rather it a 6/10. But the current state of the port is unacceptable and a insult to every PC gamer.
  51. Dec 23, 2012
    Honestly, I could almost copy my Far Cry 3 review over here since this game suffers from the same issues. AC3 as well is a prime example of mass produced casual garbage. It also suffers from a complete lack of creativity and vision, not to mention the same dreadful casualisation that aims to take all challenge out of the game and make everything so simple that even a monkey who fell asHonestly, I could almost copy my Far Cry 3 review over here since this game suffers from the same issues. AC3 as well is a prime example of mass produced casual garbage. It also suffers from a complete lack of creativity and vision, not to mention the same dreadful casualisation that aims to take all challenge out of the game and make everything so simple that even a monkey who fell as baby from a tree and badly hit it's head could do it. Why I'm giving it a higher rating than Far Cry 3 (Rating 1)? It's because the world is a little more immersive and you at least don't see blinking weapon and ammunition vendor machines in this game. Expand
  52. Nov 27, 2012
    It's only **** port of the console game [ps3/xbox360] , poor graphic options, poor keyboard controls, no aspect ratio 4.3 for resolution. Its good game on console's but **** game on PC.
  53. Dec 26, 2012
    First of all, I never finished brotherhood, so I had to go back and play it again. Then I had to Play Revelations because I had never played it, just finished that one 2 days ago. First of all, let's start comparing Assassin's Creed III to Brotherhood. In Brotherhood, you were practically thrown into the city of Rome, with no armor, limited weapons, and no money. But, you had theFirst of all, I never finished brotherhood, so I had to go back and play it again. Then I had to Play Revelations because I had never played it, just finished that one 2 days ago. First of all, let's start comparing Assassin's Creed III to Brotherhood. In Brotherhood, you were practically thrown into the city of Rome, with no armor, limited weapons, and no money. But, you had the opportunity to go around exploring and climbing viewpoints. The viewpoints revealed Borgia Towers, which after liberated, would reveal new shops to renew, thus you would make more money. By contrast Assassin's Creed III is set in Boston, and although there are viewpoints to climb, there is no reason to climb them, because there is nothing to do. All the viewpoints do is reveal the map and that is it. Don't expect the familiar areas to liberate, shops to renew, weapons and armor to buy, assassins to recruit type of deal. All I have been doing so far in this game is finishing one main mission, watching a cut scene, then going to another main mission and watching another cut scene, then once again going to another main mission with a huge cut scene. There are only two side missions: collecting almanac pages and courier missions. The courier missions give you money, but it is useless, because there is nothing to buy and no shops to buy anything from. All you have is a pistol, your assassin's blade and a sword, which you buy at the begging and that is it, that's pretty much all you get. For the past few cut scenes, the story line is centers on Conway liberating other dudes, although he says he's going to explain why, he still hasn't...hopefully I will find that out after I watch a little bit more cut scenes. If you are planning to buy this game, I warn you, it's mostly just an interactive cut scene as far as I can tell. The element's that make Assassin's Creed are missing thus far ( I am still in the Haytham Conway part of the game) there's nothing to do on the map, except walk to the next main mission. Expand
  54. Nov 27, 2012
    Assassin's Creed 3 really is a striking game all around. It's brilliant presentation of scenery and locale, it's incredible attention to history and beautiful looks, as well as the minor-but-huge fixes to the overall game mechanics, this game succeeds at finally separating itself from the Ezio-esque gameplay style for good. Assassin's Creed's overall formula for gameplay remainsAssassin's Creed 3 really is a striking game all around. It's brilliant presentation of scenery and locale, it's incredible attention to history and beautiful looks, as well as the minor-but-huge fixes to the overall game mechanics, this game succeeds at finally separating itself from the Ezio-esque gameplay style for good. Assassin's Creed's overall formula for gameplay remains relatively unchanged: get presented with a well choreographed cutscene, go sneak around a bit, do some high and low profile combat, and maybe the game will even throw a cookie at you if you manage to complete the optional objectives. The difference though between this game and the two others are the fixes they made to just about everything. In Assassin's Creed 2 and below, the climbing system was revolutionary at first but quickly became frustrating. By the time Revelations rolled around, you could clearly tell that Ubisoft was trying it's best to revamp the climbing system, but now they've finally done it right. No longer will you be making awkward camera-angle constrained leaps of faith that most often result in a rather confusing and infuriating death, now instead you need only hold down the high profile button and you'll stick to whatever you land on 99.99% of the time. In addition, the combat system has been largely improved and appears much more fluid. Ubisoft diversified it's previously counter-to-win system by adding a variety of enemies that respond drastically differently to various kinds of attacks, as well as added cool cinematic-esque breaks to the combat by having the enemies form firing lines on you, and you as the player having to react accordingly. Gadgets have also diversified and have all become relatively useful, as compared to the previous games where I found myself using solely one or two. The open world setting inside of the untamed Western Frontier adds an immersion previously unknown in the Assassin's Creed series. It allows players to quite literally take a breath of fresh air as they break away from the hustling, bustling cities of Boston and New York to take a quiet stroll in nature, hop along some trees in an aesthetically pleasing manor, and hunt some animals for pelts and other sell-able goodness.

The story during the first three sequences were a tad slow, but after the end of the third sequence I felt that it was worth the wait. Connor's story isn't necessarily as touching as Ezio's in Assassin's Creed 2, and there isn't quite as much of a connection between the player and the characters, but even despite that i found the historical aspects, the well-done voice acting and visuals drawing me in further as I progressed through the story.

There are however a few reasons this game is not receiving as good a score as I would have liked to have given it. The few biggest things that deterred me as a PC player were the glitches and the overall unoptimized engine on which AC3 runs. Graphical anomalies, AI bugs, disappearing objects and townsfolk as well as the overall poor framerates on my rather hefty rig left me a tad unsatisfied. With a few simple patches from both Nvidia in it's drivers and Ubisoft with some minor game fixes, this could easily earn another point from me.

Some other negative points to be noted were some of the rather pointless features this game introduces, such as the underground Free Mason navigation tunnels and the frankly overcomplicated trading system. I feel like with every Assassin's Creed game since 2, Ubisoft has been trying to force another concept down our throats: first it was the guilds and the shop-rescuing mechanics from Brotherhood, the bomb crafting feature in Revelations and a combination of the Naval fights and the new trading system in this one. While the naval battles succeed in being consistently epic, if not a bit frustrating at times, the trading and crafting system feels a bit clunky and overcomplicated. If Ubisoft had taken some steps to simplify their UI and to streamline some of the process it wouldn't be such an issue, but I found myself being deterred from using it during the core of my gameplay and mainly focused on story missions throughout.

All in all this a very well done game and I would recommend it to veterans and newbies alike. If you don't have the patience to pace yourself and take the game slowly as it intends you to, this game may not be for you, but for those with the curiosity and the tenacity to explore this game as thoroughly as it bids you to, the experience it grants you is unparalleled.
  55. Nov 25, 2012
    Ok so, good stuff first. The singleplayer - awesome. I'm only on mission 3 and already drawn in - story, characters, graphics, music are top-notch. Combat controls will take a little getting used to, but not like it matters - just mash all the buttons, you'll win. Faces are butt-ugly though, not sure what happened there. I hear they pulled a mass effect with the ending, but I'll cross thatOk so, good stuff first. The singleplayer - awesome. I'm only on mission 3 and already drawn in - story, characters, graphics, music are top-notch. Combat controls will take a little getting used to, but not like it matters - just mash all the buttons, you'll win. Faces are butt-ugly though, not sure what happened there. I hear they pulled a mass effect with the ending, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.
    No, the reason this gets a 0 is the multiplayer. Now, mechanics-wise, it's way better. Having kill and stun on the same button is fantastic. Everyone having a ranged ability is also great, I'm seeing much less roofing. Recycled kill animations are pretty lame, as is smoke bomb still being in the game, but whatever.
    That is, when I can play at all. In Brotherhood, matchmaking was **** terrible, but hey, it was their first experience with that kind of multiplayer, excusable. Plus, they fixed it in Revelations and it was actually pretty efficient. Now it got worse over time, but I put that down to a dwindling player base. Here though, it's back, full retard. I got into a few games initially, which, by the way, had more lag than I've ever experienced in any video game ever, then the matchmaking just failed. Next day, tried for TWO HOURS without finding a single game, gave up, came back a third day, an hour later, still no luck. Now I've gotten into games, so it's not that there aren't enough people, it's just that it's not even trying! It'll say something like "trying to connect to session (1/7)" or (1/21) or whatever. After 3 tries, it puts me in my own session and never puts anyone else in there. If you leave and try again, it puts you in your own session right away. Do that a few times and it will say Ubisoft's servers are unavailable. Sometimes it'll just go to a blank screen (i.e. the background only, no text, music still going) and you have to alt-f4.
    God damn Ubisoft. I know you don't give a **** about the pc community, but you don't have to make it **** WORSE THAN IT ALREADY WAS!
  56. Nov 29, 2012
    Great story, awesome graphics. The amount of time you can spend in game is huge. Only playing the main story would take around few days and plus all the side quests and buying and selling mini games take great amount of time. In my opinion mini games are created really good. The flow of the story and the changing of scenes from 18th century to present is epic. Ending is great and the onlyGreat story, awesome graphics. The amount of time you can spend in game is huge. Only playing the main story would take around few days and plus all the side quests and buying and selling mini games take great amount of time. In my opinion mini games are created really good. The flow of the story and the changing of scenes from 18th century to present is epic. Ending is great and the only bad thing I can say about this game is that we don't get to choose the ending, Desmond chooses what he wants. All in all, really great game! Expand
  57. Nov 24, 2012
    The good: Exceptional game design and game mechanics. Far better than the repetitive drawl of previous AC games. The RPG and open world elements are fantastic and the character animations and facial expressions are very professional and well executed. From the 30 minute credit sequence at the end, you can tell that a lot went into this game.

The Bad: Story. The AC series suffers from

The Bad: Story. The AC series suffers from the same issues with plot that Mass Effect had. It was too ambitious for it's own good and the creative team could not handle how large the universe became after 5 games, novels, tie-in short films (AC: Embers) and others. (Begin spoilers) There are a number of plot holes that are difficult to ignore. The brotherhood is global right? Where are they when Desmond's story is being told? If he's so important why is he helped by only 3 people? Ont he same note, Achilles "let the brotherhood decay". Where were the international assassins that could help rebuild it? It seems like the brotherhood is poorly organized and has not central base of operations. This is the only explanation.

What do the Templars want with the pieces of Eden if they just want the world to end? They should just find a bunker , hoard the power sources and let it happens. Their motives are a unclear as the Assassins. Finally, the ending was as disappointing and confusing as Mass Effect's. Desmond just dies and Juno drops a quick line that signals a potential sequel. That's it.

I really wish I could give this game a positive rating, but the plot was butchered due to overly ambitious writers.
  58. Nov 26, 2012
    It's a very good game. But not so good as an Assassin's Creed :/
    It's different, the others opus were more "RPG"... here the story is our primary quest.
    And there is no explanations about the game except principal storyline (yeah, 6 sequences of tutorial)
  59. Dec 1, 2012
    The 3rd work that destroyed wonderful series. From very troublesome craft systems, poor subordinates, and anything, stealth is used well and it has not become an invigorating game. There are a stealth game of the company and a big difference.
  60. Nov 23, 2012
    Assassins Creed 3 is more the odd man out.. It adds alot of unique gameplay elements that would be great if it all worked out properly. But the end its a shaky but great game thats worth a shot if your an Assassin Creed fan. [Keep in mind I am reviewing with the current update 1.01 - some things maybe fixed if your reading it later down the line]

Story: [6] The story has quite a few

Story: [6]
    The story has quite a few twists into the plot, and a few good moments. Yet in the end it doesn't pack the punch of the first 3. Game World: [6]
    Now saddest part of Assassin's Creed 3 is the game world. The problem with era they are recreating is majority of the buildings during that era looked pretty much alike. So now you end up facing a very repetitive world also. Going to eagle view points essentially requires the same method each and every time Unlike Constantinople where quite a few eagle points posed various challenges to get to. Now there is a very tiny variation in all of them But they did add quite a few unique methods of traveling through houses and sliding through low lying obstacles. Yet it once you get into the game you will soon notice how very few those opportunities their are. Also how majority of the time it doesn't seem to work when you need it to. Gameplay: [9]
    Now gameplay has not really shifted from the core principles of Assassin creed. The same style attack block counter is still there. As well as a few added weapon styles. The fighting as smooth as ever and quite a bit more interactive. They made achievement and special item hunting fundamentally a lot easier. Though their are still some secret treasures hidden away that are not revealed. Also they have quite a few varied side missions.

So what exactly changed? Gone are the ways of the mercenaries brother girls and roaming groups of camouflage. Though the last one is sort o replaced with wagons of hay that move around the map. But to be fair people rarely used them anyway. You also do not have your assortment of grenades though you do get smoke bomb still and trip mine. Also your throwing knives and cross bow is replaced with a rope dart and bow and arrow. Personally most of the changes are quite well done. Also there are no more "tutorial mini levels. The tutorials are stream lined in some part into the game.
    Now the sad part is, only some of what you need to do is explained. For example one optional mission was ';Throw the Red coats into the water" - now it doesn't tell you how to do that. So if you never played an Assassin's Creed game before, your basically screwed. If you did, your also possibly screwed. You cannot simply make them fall inside. You must use the push evade to do so, which the game fails to tell you so. This is just one of many things it doesn't wish to explain.

Now a lot of "filler" missions are available. Some are quite fun, some make you want to rip your hair out. The new lock picking mechanic they introduced is one of those hair ripping moments to button ashing. Randomly twist and turn then button mash and repeat. They should have followed the skyrim or splinter cell model of lock picking. As for the board games, they are probably the best board games I have played that came packaged with a game. Classical games played during the era, that are really get you thinking. Which I personally applaud was a great addition to add. The biggest and probably the best feature they added was Naval Battles. The naval battles are truely phenominal. Infact its better then most naval battle games. You have control of your sails, movements and gun fire. It really makes you feel like a captain on the open seas.

City creation is one interesting feature added to the game. Where you get to manage your own little town and recruit a cast of characters to help you craft various items Now you can't decide who you want to choose, but each one does have a back story involved, with various relations with each other. Yet at this point it becomes a bit to obvious its just a port and not made for PC. As the crafting and trading menu's force you to go a very round about way to choose your items. So they didn't bother creating a more PC friendly UI. But its decent enough to get it to work.

Another interesting feature is hunting. You can track and hunt various animals for various parts. These parts can later be used to craft various items to be sold. Though surprisingly enough the value of the pelts are not related to the difficulty in catching it. Sound: [8]
    The music and environmental sound was top notch. The voice acting was a mix, some of the voices were done phenomenally. The others feel as if the person was just woken up in the middle of the night and told to read the lines. Final Synopsis.
    Assassin's Creed III adds a lot of great elements to the genre. Yet the game feels incomplete and rushed.If your an Assassin's Creed fan, you will more then likely enjoy it. If your just starting, this may not be the place to do so.
  61. Jan 6, 2013
    Buggiest AC game EVER!!!
    Lacks the minor missions the previous AC's had.
    What I hate most about the game it is buggy -_- just WTF Ubisoft...
    Funny thing is another Ubisoft game is buggy aswell Heroes Might and Magic VI.
  62. Jan 12, 2013
    It may be good on a console but on a PC it is a complete rip-off. This is yet another bad port from UBIsoft (you'd think by now that I'd start to know better) to the point where I find the positive reviews suspect. The fact that the game is heavy isn't the point. The fact that even the most basic controls are barely functional is. The screen will say push "E" to pick up a musket and youIt may be good on a console but on a PC it is a complete rip-off. This is yet another bad port from UBIsoft (you'd think by now that I'd start to know better) to the point where I find the positive reviews suspect. The fact that the game is heavy isn't the point. The fact that even the most basic controls are barely functional is. The screen will say push "E" to pick up a musket and you can push that key until the cows come home and that musket will remain on the ground. The missions are kinda boring to be honest and the lack of save/load functionality means you will have to replay long boring sections of the game if you have any kind of life outside games and can't dedicate hours at a time to gameplay. Avoid this game on PC. Expand
  63. Nov 21, 2012
    A better companion than previous 2 AC games because of its long development time ad money . Boston n New York looks good ... frontier hold its own fantasies . It is one of the best port of PC by Ubisoft . Obviously its not perfect Assassin's Creed game , there were even some bugs as well as bit pacing problem . But with Well refined combat mechanics , Great Visuals and Especial NavalA better companion than previous 2 AC games because of its long development time ad money . Boston n New York looks good ... frontier hold its own fantasies . It is one of the best port of PC by Ubisoft . Obviously its not perfect Assassin's Creed game , there were even some bugs as well as bit pacing problem . But with Well refined combat mechanics , Great Visuals and Especial Naval Fights , you can spare your few moments to get yourself in this American Fight . Desmond section were bit average and could be much better but with well made mechanics and good game-play features ... GO FOR THIS GAME!! Expand
  64. Nov 28, 2012
    THE BEST assassin's creed game to date... AWESOME graphics great story and magnificent game play!
    IT is the best game i have played since Skyrim... The polished combat system, the new hunting play along with the naval missions has given Assassin's Creed a really unique look in a awesome way... and not to mention the DX11 graphics is mind blowing! 10/10 goes to UBI!
  65. Nov 22, 2012
    Entirely personal impression. I'm not going to argue about change in game mood, or how Connor is a different character than Ezio, I don't give a rat's ass about those.
    Cons: Blinding lights whenever scene changes. Character distortion whenever in conversation. I fell through invisible hole 3 times in the first hour of gameplay. PRESS THE E BUTTON TO SKIP CUTSCENE hovering over freaking boggles my mind. HUD barely customizable, Looting has 1 second lag that delays my movement Camera during combat spinning wildly Melee is ok, but shooting mechanic is questionable But MOST IMPORTANTLY, control port is **** as hell. Everything is E!!! Riding horse and getting off horse has different key binding. Regular running is gone, replaced with jump. Because of that, speed difference between walking and sprinting gives me eye strains. Why is shooting button all of sudden changed to Q? Since when in the series? What does SHIFT button do?

Pros: Everything else.

Overall, the game itself is solid, that was never an issue. BUT PC port is pure horse dung. Graphics aside, neglecting control customization for keyboard is pure laziness and arrogance in Ubisoft's part. Even counting the keys usable AC3 is absolutely inferior than even AC2 which tells that the devs either lost interest or became arrogant as **** towards PC market. SCORE: 8/10

P.S. Just look at what PC guys in US gets for their special edition. A pdf file and soundtracks? Give me a break.
  66. Nov 22, 2012
    Well it couldn't match the success of previous games of Assassin's Creed series such as Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood but this really is a great game which is certainly worth your time.
  67. Nov 21, 2012
    This is a masterpiece and a new era of gaming... I've been gaming my whole life and I'm not quite into graphics usually, I want a decent gameplay and some combat sistems, but this game just blew me away. I've been playing the whole AC seriers amongst others. I am highly impressed and this is a game that you should buy. Hats down Ubisoft
  68. Jan 19, 2013
    let me tell you something assassin creed 3 is an amazing game its batter from all the games in the frenchise (Except from assassin creed 2) its is amazing as assassin creed 2.the story is great and the battles are very satisfing.the multiplayer isnt the best multiplayer ever. this is the very same multiplayer that was in brotherhood and in ravelation.its ok but not so fun.but the assassinlet me tell you something assassin creed 3 is an amazing game its batter from all the games in the frenchise (Except from assassin creed 2) its is amazing as assassin creed 2.the story is great and the battles are very satisfing.the multiplayer isnt the best multiplayer ever. this is the very same multiplayer that was in brotherhood and in ravelation.its ok but not so fun.but the assassin creed frenchise was never the multiplayer so i will give it 10/10 Expand
  69. Dec 4, 2012
    First let me address the things I like about the game. The fighting has improved, in that it is much more difficult; in the previous Assassin's Creed games, you could literally just hold a button and block every attack. Not in this one. There is a much wider variety of things that you need to keep in mind when battling. Still, once you are familiar with all of these things, you will neverFirst let me address the things I like about the game. The fighting has improved, in that it is much more difficult; in the previous Assassin's Creed games, you could literally just hold a button and block every attack. Not in this one. There is a much wider variety of things that you need to keep in mind when battling. Still, once you are familiar with all of these things, you will never be hit and it does become a bit repetitive. The combat system still needs some serious work before I can call it perfect. Hunting is amazing. It's a great way to pass the time on the way from point A to point B. At first, when the game was introducing hunting to me I was like "Oh boy, this is just another stupid gimmick that's going to force hunting requirements on me". For the most part, hunting is completely optional, and all of the animals react differently. Some can be caught in snares, but larger animals obviously can't. Once you're done hunting you can go to the store and sell all of your pelts, fangs, claws, meat, and other animal products. It's a very satisfying feeling and the game doesn't force it upon the player in any way. If you find it fun, great. If not (I think you should reconsider), don't worry about it because you'll never have to put up with it. Climbing in trees works wonderfully. I had some concerns about the tree climbing; I thought perhaps it would be a bit clunky and wouldn't work properly. One thing I have to say I don't like about the climbing is that they took away the ability to leap up and grab a higher ledge, a trick implemented in Assassin's Creed 2 I believe. I will definitely miss doing that because it made climbing a lot faster. I also really enjoyed the naval missions, finding treasure, battling with other ships, etc. Finding Captain Kidd's treasure is the greatest side mission in Assassin's Creed so far in my opinion. And of course, the main storyline is captivating as always. I mean, come on, it's Assassin's Creed. Now I would like to address the things I don't like about the game. You can manually aim now which seems like a great idea, but it was so poorly implemented. First of all, you can't aim for the head, if you put your cursor on their head, it will auto-adjust and move to their body. Players that can aim well should be rewarded with one hit kills for aiming at vital spots. You also can't shoot freely, despite that you can aim manually. So what's the point? All it does is give you a bit of extra range (maybe 5-10 feet or so), and it auto-adjusts for you if your aim is poor. This was very disappointing for me because since the first Assassin's Creed I have been saying that you should be able to aim manually, and when it was finally implemented, I expected it to be done well. I fear that rather than perfecting the aiming system, Ubisoft may decide to scrap manual aiming altogether. Another big problem is the optional objectives. Some of them are so poorly done that if you want to get them, you'll be restarting the mission 10-20 times. Don't get me wrong, the problem isn't that the optional objectives are hard. I have 2 problems with them. Number one, they're poorly implemented. They're horribly inconvenient, they often rely on luck, and the game often does not set the player up for a fathomable way to complete the optional objective. Look at missions like the one where you have to destroy two British ships by swimming out to them and planting bombs. In that mission, they want you to kill one of the captains with an aerial assassination. But it's like they intentionally set it up so that this is horribly inconvenient to pull off. Look at the mission where you have to shoot groups of approaching enemies with the cannon. They want you to take two groups out with a single cannonball. No good player would really feel accomplished once they pulled it off anyway, because they would know that it relied almost purely on luck and not skill. Look at the final naval mission; the one where you have to destroy 2 frigates and a man-o-war by attacking their weak points. It's ridiculous, and anyone who has tried it would have to agree, unless they were either insane, or being paid by Ubisoft to just lie and say they disagree. Anyway, the second reason I don't like the optional objectives is because they limit the player. They tell you to complete the mission in a specific way, rather than letting you assess the situation and formulate your own course of action. Let us think for ourselves, that's part of the fun. Or rather, it SHOULD be. Another thing that I don't like is that the game is heavily consolized. We constantly have to pause and interrupt the action because Ubisoft refuses to utilize more hotkeys for PC players. Overall, the game is not what I wanted it to be. I expected a 10/10. You still have a lot to perfect Ubisoft, but this was definitely a step in the right direction. AND PUT MANUAL AIMING IN AC4. DON'T SCRAP IT. DO IT RIGHT. Expand
  70. Jan 30, 2013
    Yet another disappointing installment in what was once an amazing series. It is very strange to say, but this game is extremely well-done in almost every way you could imagine. The graphics are exquisite. The story is reasonably compelling. The characters are interesting. The voice-acting is decent. It is a clever tapestry of fiction and history woven together well enough that you mightYet another disappointing installment in what was once an amazing series. It is very strange to say, but this game is extremely well-done in almost every way you could imagine. The graphics are exquisite. The story is reasonably compelling. The characters are interesting. The voice-acting is decent. It is a clever tapestry of fiction and history woven together well enough that you might have trouble separating the two (uhm...that could also be considered bad, I guess). The naval side-missions are so much fun that they deserve to be their own game. And yet, I had trouble even getting through 40% of the game. The reason? The uninspired, painfully simplified gameplay mechanics. This game has a ridiculous amount of gloss Expand
  71. Mar 12, 2013
    Along with Revelations the worst AC games ever. Revelations had bad gameplay and story. This one has a little better gameplay and an AWFUL story. If the player actually gave a damn about any of characters by the end of the game the ending would be considered as bad as Mass Effect 3. Truly it's that bad. The fact is that none of the characters are the same as they were in AC II (by far theAlong with Revelations the worst AC games ever. Revelations had bad gameplay and story. This one has a little better gameplay and an AWFUL story. If the player actually gave a damn about any of characters by the end of the game the ending would be considered as bad as Mass Effect 3. Truly it's that bad. The fact is that none of the characters are the same as they were in AC II (by far the best game in the series and one of the best games ever), they have been redesigned, ripped out of any true content and are just there to say the occasional capitalist propaganda. Actually, this game is a propaganda in and on itself, sexual innuendos all over the place (sequence 7 is a disgrace for the American history), Templars are made to look good, Connor actually is a wimp when it comes to his father (guess the creators have a really big problem with their sons or the new generation as a whole we' re gonna get you anyway :P) and generally it's just an effort after effort to make you doubt the Assassin ideals and turn over to money, for without money and insanity they can't rule the world. In any case, if there was a negative rating on Metacritic this game should have had it as it is the biggest disgrace to a once great series, that after Desilets left has just gone SO MUCH downhill. Serves good as a reminder though of how this system is starting to fall apart and tries any way it can to not lose the supreme control it once had. All these people serving the system are afraid and thank you for showing it so clearly every day. The times have already changed. Good luck with your downfall. :D Expand
  72. Nov 23, 2013
    There are too many problems of this game.

First, the flow of plot may be quite ambiguous to player due to the gradual change of controllable characters and timelines in the memory sequences, leaving a lot of unanswered plot holes, which are only addressed in a novel. It is ridiculous to read a novel or to search in wiki to understand a game's plot with a deeper extent. Second, the
    There are too many problems of this game.

Second, the pace of game is too slow. Combined with year change, season change and character change, the game becomes a very boring open world game. The sense of achievement is long gone, considering the controllable character or world in previous sequences will not stick with player in late game. It also results in repetitive side quests with low in number in early sequences. Even in late game, the open world still looks empty and dull, and the side quests are still too boring to be bothered with.

Further, the mission design are too linear, with the player to follow direction strictly given by game. Even how the player move is nearly restricted in a mission. The fun of eliminating target with various possibilities is no longer seen in this installment.

At last, this game has too many gimmicks like sea sailing, naval battle and hunting which do not add much to game mechanic and plot, and only add low value to its repetitive side quests.

Overall, the story is in fact not that bad. It is good to see more on the Templar side this time. However, the story telling and game mechanic implementation is extremely bad, which ruins the game play experience completely.
  73. Jan 17, 2013
    This game came included with my order of a GTX 660 Ti and I must say it was simply a dog turd included in the box. The downloading process was painful. The DRM is total bull****. The framerate was craaaaap! Everything went to **** after the boat arrived in the town, city or whatever. 20 fps on high settings! Wtf! Why include a game with my graphic card that doesn't even run on it? How wasThis game came included with my order of a GTX 660 Ti and I must say it was simply a dog turd included in the box. The downloading process was painful. The DRM is total bull****. The framerate was craaaaap! Everything went to **** after the boat arrived in the town, city or whatever. 20 fps on high settings! Wtf! Why include a game with my graphic card that doesn't even run on it? How was Ubisoft allowed to sell this broken pile of hippopotamus dung? If a game is unplayable, it's just not worth playing. Ubisoft, you're blacklisted to me. Expand
  74. Feb 24, 2013
    We should decide how we want to play, what we want to do... the game should only give directions, should not impose on what we have to do!!! This game could have 3d-vision support like it's predecessors, but it doesn't Disappointed!
  75. Jan 4, 2013
    Game is rather dull and the character is not as charismatic as Ezio. Most of the time you will spend on the ground since there are not many rooftops to run on. The tree climbing is pretty linear compared to buildings... This is probably the most boring AC game I played so far. I uninstalled the game half way and watched the crappy ending on Youtube.
  76. Jul 9, 2014
    Bugs, bugs and more bugs. And full synch is just free frustration, some constraints force you to play 200 times what doesn't deserve one single playthrough. Worst release of the franchise, by far.
  77. Jan 2, 2013
    I really hope Ubisoft will take note of the feedback this game receives. It would be a big shame if they didn't do a better job on the next one, because this is one the best gaming franchises ever made and, even after almost putting my boot through the PC display plenty of times while cursing in ways I didn't know I could, I still enjoyed it and it's still Assassin's Creed.
    Unfortunately,
    Unfortunately, it's a fine example of a hunt for profit by doing an "almost half-assed" job, to quote PC Gamer, by making some bad decisions like releasing it with a LOT of glitches and bugs (which prevent 100% completion!!!), having some totally cryptic and counter-intuitive mission design (as in: knowing what you need to do), and bloating it with extra features that are out of context and sometimes ruin the experience. But then, what else is new. It seems we're living in an age where the big companies are either happy with the initial money they make for some unfinished, crap quality products, or are putting stuff out there knowing that it's unfinished, because people will still buy it, and when the patches start rolling out to make the game what it should have been, people are all like "oh thank you!". And I'm not talking about the studios, we should know better than attacking them: it's a huge industry and it's full of sharks. But I digress.
    Here are my personal opinions:

PROS: - the naval battles - the underground (although it's very uneventful, it still feels so cool) - the upgraded fighting mechanics
    CONS:
    - setting is boring
    - Connor is boring
    - optional objectives are often hard to read in all the commotion and I couldn't find a way to review them after the pop-up fades, besides restarting the checkpoint all over again
    - optional objectives vary from "accidentally did it" to "lost 2h retrying it 27 times and I want to die now"
    STUPID AND MORONIC (yes, I'm frustrated):
    - chasing those f***ing pages
    - losing control of the camera when enemy ships are spotted often made me crash into rocks/ships/whatever and restart the whole damn thing OR interrupted a shot just when I was about to fire
  78. Jun 8, 2014
    I have a bit low-hate relationship with the Assassin's Creed games: I love the environment, the quest variety and the collectibles, but I sometimes have to scream loud if I fail an optional task for the 50th time... Luckily, the AC3 seems to have been improved on this aspect. I had far less tough cases than in previous games. Well worth buying it on a 50% sale.
  79. Feb 14, 2013
    It's a very well made game, although it has its flaws. The story kind of sucks, it feels like it's rushed, there are many bugs and graphical glitches that ruin the experience and the missions are too linear. It's pretty long, I've completed it 100 in 40+ hours so there's definitely a lot to do. I think it's heavily underrated by fans and critics, it definitely deserves an higher overall score.
  80. Sep 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. F*cking terrible. This game has an atrocious story line, is filled with bugs and glitches and the world and setting doesn't seem right overall. You have to walk long a$$ distances between missions and you can kill about 30 trained British soldiers with only your fists. This game KILLED the Assassins Creed Franchise for good and is never coming back. Expand
  81. Oct 13, 2013
    This game looks good and plays well. It is buggy and has it's own issues... BUT this is the game that will kill the franchise. If you like A.C. then I would think long and hard before buying this. As I said it is a good game... it isn't A.C. as you know it. I found myself not caring about the storyline and, dare I say it... getting bored with it.

They have taken a winning game and

They have taken a winning game and shoehorned it into a new game to make more money. what a shame.
  82. Mar 7, 2014
    The story here is really motivating, much better than I expected. The best story in Assassin's Creed series so far. This time the game team put almost everything in it. But the control is bad. By just pushing one button the character makes a serie of movements you don't expect like you're watching a movie. Sometimes you lose yourself in the crowds or you don't feel like you're really inThe story here is really motivating, much better than I expected. The best story in Assassin's Creed series so far. This time the game team put almost everything in it. But the control is bad. By just pushing one button the character makes a serie of movements you don't expect like you're watching a movie. Sometimes you lose yourself in the crowds or you don't feel like you're really in there. Although Assassin's Creed 3 is still a great, playable game that you don't want to miss. Expand
  83. Nov 27, 2012
    I hands down love this game. I really think the ending could have been a little more climactic, but it was satisfying all the same. The graphics and in depth characters to the game are additions that are unique to this sequel to the series. There are flaws and strengths to Connor that I did not find in Ezio or Altair in the preceding games. The game is ten dollars less than most newI hands down love this game. I really think the ending could have been a little more climactic, but it was satisfying all the same. The graphics and in depth characters to the game are additions that are unique to this sequel to the series. There are flaws and strengths to Connor that I did not find in Ezio or Altair in the preceding games. The game is ten dollars less than most new releases if you buy it digitally, and, in my opinion, is worth every penny. In the storyline alone, I got a good twenty hours out of it, and I still have a lot more content to complete. The game sparks emotions with many of the events that occur along the story. It's a fun ride throughout and there is such a variety of gameplay that will make you never want to put it down until you beat it. Expand
  84. Dec 2, 2012
    I think the BEST assassin creed ever (I am a PC gamer so my reviews are strictly based on PC Games)...
    Pros.
    1. In My Top 5 List for "Best Game Story of 2012" 2. Even Support Intel HD 3000 (minor lags in snow) 3. Best Combat System (B.A.C is better in hand to hand combat) 4. Desmond Face Is improved Dramatically. 5. Every Character Have There Unique Features 6. Best Colonial
    Pros.
    1. In My Top 5 List for "Best Game Story of 2012"
    2. Even Support Intel HD 3000 (minor lags in snow)
    3. Best Combat System (B.A.C is better in hand to hand combat)
    4. Desmond Face Is improved Dramatically.
    5. Every Character Have There Unique Features
    6. Best Colonial Environment I have Ever Seen
    7. You Will Ride Horses All The Time
    8. Soundtracks are better than brotherhood and revelation
    9. Voice Acting was spectacular.
    10. You Can even Skip clips in this version
    Cons.
    1. Very Difficult to kill wild animals
    2. Xbox Port for game pad
    3. keyboard controls are difficult to understand
    4. as AdaReview Says story not really suited for a "open world/free roaming"-game.

i think this game is one of the best game in 2012....
  85. Dec 1, 2012
    Beautiful, strange. The one time 'Nothing is true, everything is possible' game has become something else. Maybe this could be applied to the multiplayer? Anyway, this game puts you on a strictly set path for the mission parts. And I mean it, jump slightly off the course in a chase scene and you de-sync (die). There is a lot of open-worldness in the frontier and many achievements toBeautiful, strange. The one time 'Nothing is true, everything is possible' game has become something else. Maybe this could be applied to the multiplayer? Anyway, this game puts you on a strictly set path for the mission parts. And I mean it, jump slightly off the course in a chase scene and you de-sync (die). There is a lot of open-worldness in the frontier and many achievements to go along with that side of the game. These two aspects are practically fractured from one another.

Multiplayer is fun, tons and tons of customization options for looks and abilities. Thankfully there is now a solid counter to the infamously op smoke bomb. You can spend real money to get stuff instead of using legitimately acquired 'animus points'. Bugs are everywhere in single player, I had a bear get stuck halfway underwater near me preventing me from looting tons of loot. I had a cannon ball get stuck in the air with its fast-moving air graphics all around it. The games you can play in bars and such are way harder than its worth to ever play them. There are no temples with associated achievements, dis-a-pointment!

Overall quality is great with it still being very much the same game, a watered down story and a deeper open-world aspect as well as deeper multiplayer. When has this series ever not been mildly annoying? I love having to overcome something, but sometimes its just downright annoying. Worth playing if only for multiplayer. Despite some shortcomings on expectations I still have to say I love this game and got way into it this time around.
  86. Nov 25, 2012
    AC3 is definitely a refreshing change to the already established mechanics of past AC games. An incredible soundtrack, graphically amazing, a predictable yet decent story and a new , likable protagonist, AC3 is surely a game to look into despite a few bugs and glitches.
  87. Nov 22, 2012
    Lot of fun, very solid port, the controls are much better than the previous games, combat still feels a bit awkward but I will probably get used to it, the graphics are a big step up, the people look almost real, the environments lush and full of detail, and in the frontier there are wild animals that you can hunt and skin, adding further into the depth, trees and rocks are fullyLot of fun, very solid port, the controls are much better than the previous games, combat still feels a bit awkward but I will probably get used to it, the graphics are a big step up, the people look almost real, the environments lush and full of detail, and in the frontier there are wild animals that you can hunt and skin, adding further into the depth, trees and rocks are fully climbable, and adds a lot to exploration, the voice work is really high quality, and you meet a lot of founding fathers like Ben Franklin, Sam Adams, and George Washington. My only issue is that Connor is kind of boring as a character, he doesn't have the charm that Ezio had, but he's still pretty cool. Good game over all, worth buying if you're a fan of the series. Expand
  88. Nov 21, 2012
    For me this is the best Assassin's Creed since the first game. Yes it's simple regarding combat and so on, but the story and game's world is so enrapturing I can't take my hands of it.
  89. Nov 24, 2012
    This game is amazing. History, the plot, art, action, i like them all. It is good to see this revolution from both sides, it's very interesting and make people think about it. The natives could not protect their lands, is a sad thing in history. There are some troublesome glitches if you want to 100% finish the game; but you can still finish it, just have to spend time or Google it. TheThis game is amazing. History, the plot, art, action, i like them all. It is good to see this revolution from both sides, it's very interesting and make people think about it. The natives could not protect their lands, is a sad thing in history. There are some troublesome glitches if you want to 100% finish the game; but you can still finish it, just have to spend time or Google it. The challenges are not easy, it takes time, and good for hardcore assassins. I give a 10 because it's history and art, it's so AMAZING. Expand
  90. Feb 9, 2013
    NO 3D Vision support....NO 3D Vision support....NO 3D Vision support....NO 3D Vision support....NO 3D Vision support....NO 3D Vision support....NO 3D Vision support....NO 3D Vision support....
  91. Nov 28, 2012
    Great gameplay, I do love naval combat. Not linear mission, confusing for beginner. Not last, What happening with the desmond face?and connor face from youngster to adult is not the same! hahaha
  92. Mar 28, 2013
    I don't see how people can hate this game with such fury. This certainly wasn't my favorite AC, but it was better than ACR and it holds up. The only controls that are changed are the sprinting and blocking/parry mechanic. I liked Connor a lot, and the game had interesting characters. The only downside I believe would be the pacing, but in the sense of having so much to do at once, not theI don't see how people can hate this game with such fury. This certainly wasn't my favorite AC, but it was better than ACR and it holds up. The only controls that are changed are the sprinting and blocking/parry mechanic. I liked Connor a lot, and the game had interesting characters. The only downside I believe would be the pacing, but in the sense of having so much to do at once, not the main storyline. The Infamous glitches everyone talks about aren't happening to me at all, but it may just be the fact I play on a PS3. Anyway, great game. Expand
  93. Dec 22, 2012
    Assassin's creed III may have a few faults but it makes the original look like a pile of crap. And since the first Assassin's Creed was pretty damn good, that should tell you something about AC3.
  94. Jan 20, 2013
    I may not know the whole story of ac3 , cuz this is my first ac game . It is great the player understands what thing you want to do (climbing a building killing a soldier etc) the control is fluent and the graphics just blew my mind a GREAT GAME!
  95. Apr 23, 2014
    Review divided between PC specific problems and Game problems.

A. PC Specific Problems: 1. No optimisation done at all. If I suffer FPS lag on a $3000 machine, I can only imagine the horror those on a more conservative rigs. Its so buggy! If you look in specific directions the fps drops like bass in a dubstep video. So far I am certain that it has got nothing to do with amount of
    Review divided between PC specific problems and Game problems.

A. PC Specific Problems:

1. No optimisation done at all. If I suffer FPS lag on a $3000 machine, I can only imagine the horror those on a more conservative rigs. Its so buggy! If you look in specific directions the fps drops like bass in a dubstep video. So far I am certain that it has got nothing to do with amount of components on screen. I've gotten smooth as butter FPS with a lot of citizens and buildings and an animation slideshow FPS in a f**in JUNGLE with practically nothing putting load on my CPU / GPU.

2. Controls are just weird. SUPER weird. We have at least a 102 buttons to play games. They REDUCED the amount of buttons required to play the game than previous versions. I am pretty sure you could map an Sega Genesis controller to play this game and won't need any combos on a PC.

3. Uplay! Need I say more?

4. Savegames get corrupted randomly. I've had to start the game thrice AT LEAST. Its funny because you don't loose an entire save, you loose the progress! Its not even the progress made in the same session!

5. Random crashes.

B. Other Issues Universal to all Systems:

1. The gameplay is non existent. The game pretty much is like a modern version of those weird CD-I games.

2. Their version of OPEN world is just run around. Run around to get collectible, deliver letters etc. On top of that, running around isn't even fun! It seems like so for the first 15 minutes, but its horrid! The tree parkour is very badly done. Its laughable. You have to be on a horse for the most part if you actually wanna get to places. In GTA there's a million things to experience in the open world. Here, it's NOTHING!

3. Horses are BUGGY AS F**K! Skyrim horses are MUCH better than this sh!t!~

4. It could have better been a shooter on rails! Because you are NOT ALLOWED to THINK how to do a mission. The whole thing is scripted. I've played better NES games than this.

5. I could rant on but now the game has sucked out all of my motivation.

On the good part, the graphics are amazing! They are wallpaper worthy! Every single image you capture will be pretty much gorgeous. But it's a GAME. NOT a MOVIE!

Honestly, you are better off just watching the walkthroughs on youtube or whatever. Even that'll get boring.
  96. Nov 24, 2012
    A real review of Assassin's Creed 3
    I created an account just for this review because too many people and critics alike are giving this game unfair grief for stupid reasons.
    A real review of Assassin's Creed 3
    First of all the PC version is superior to the console versions. I've seen both and PC allows the game to shine how it's supposed to. No, Ubisoft didn't develop this game for the PC ALONE, but it's not a bad port at all and they did release it later in order for it to have less bugs and to polish the game more. otherwise they could've just released it when consoles came out.
    Now to the game itself, it's an amazing game with tremendous quality. Ubisoft did an amazing job in its research to make the game very historical and has very accurate portrayals of Boston and New York. They hired an actual Mohawk (Native American) consultant to make sure they were getting their language right and portraying how they lived correctly.
    The game engine is AMAZING. Ubisoft has easily made one of the best open-world game engines of this time. The way the weather looks, tracks in the snow, rain, the terrain, the environment feels like a living, breathing environment. It renders the whole world seamlessly. And going to the world, it's HUGE. Bigger than any other Assassin's Creed and rivals the size of GTA4 and Skyrim, but with so much more detail. Which goes on to my next point, Attention to Detail. I've played hundreds of games, but AC3 takes the cake for the most attention to detail, but the thing is NO ONE appreciates this. All the environments are created piece by piece. There are animals roaming the streets of Boston, you can interact them, the people talk about real world things that happened at the time, such as the Boston Tea Party, Taxation, etc. Everything looks authentic from the houses, to peoples' clothes, to the voice acting. Ubisoft literally tried to make to make sure they got every little thing right about the game, something I CANNOT say about many of the other developers out there.
    Mechanics & Animation are the next biggest improvements in this game. Assassin's Creed was starting to get a little dull in this environment as time went on. I read how somebody said the combat was choppy in this game and fluent in AC2 and the others...HA! The combat was the biggest issue in the other games. You just hold down a button and press another anytime somebody was attacking you and Voilà! You are now a tank. And it was pretty awkward and choppy. They've completely revamped combat and it actually works. You have to time counters now with one button and once you counter you can either attack with primary weapon, secondary item, disarm, or throw the person, but it's a lot more involved now since you and enemies have guns and they take a while to reload not that fake stuff in Brotherhood and Revalations. And it's a lot more fluent now and looks really really cool when you master it. Free-running is really improved with just one button to press, but the animations make it look so much better because it's MUCH more fluent, free-running through the trees is just amazing. The animations for people look great too and flow so much better so their lips actually look like what they are saying.
    One of the biggest improvements in the game is you can ACTUALLY BE and LOOK LIKE an assassin. In the other games it you were just doing things that they wanted you to go guns-in-blazing for every situation. Because of the many elements provided to you to help keep you concealed you can actually sneak through and make less mistakes. You can now take cover behind a wall or similar surface and peek around it, which is great to me because it looks really stupid standing behind a wall and looking at it just to see around the corner. You can now blend in in bushes and you don't have to have a huge crowd to follow to blend in either. You can pretend to look at merchandise, stand on a wall with some people, and many more things to increase your stealth.

Yes there are bugs in the game and sometimes you will still do things that you don't want to do because there are too many actions mapped to one button. But people are acting like there are bugs around every corner which is just plain false. I use a controller for PC because it makes things easier and you have analog controls which is very useful for this game. The pros overwhelmingly outweigh the cons in this game. I can't believe people, and critics too, would give this game average and below average scores, but go crazy over low quality games like Call of Duty and half of the other releases out there. I give respect where respect is due and this game demands respect from a gamer. You're personal mishaps of YOUR low FPS, how YOU can't complete a mission, and YOUR crashes, and how YOU think it's boring, shouldn't take away from this game. You crash so much because you torrented the game and it's a bad torrent. AC3 contests for one of the best games in the past couple of years
  97. Dec 29, 2012
    Expected much more than I got. It really is unfortunate that they'd incorporate such a bad ending in an attempt to milk the series in the future. Don't expect anything groundbreaking.
  98. Dec 30, 2012
    i would like to give this game a 6-7 but the climbing tree part of this game is downright broken and that's a big part of the game! it feels untested! so just because i can 0/10
  99. Nov 30, 2012
    This game gives me more and more new emotions with each part of the game! every chapter shows new gameplay, besides it has updated battle and acrobatic systems and updated graphic. AC3 absolutely perfect, and this is an eidos of the Assassin's Creed franchise as for me.
  100. Dec 1, 2012
    Assassin's Creed III is one of the most anticipated games in this year and its worth to play the Connor's way.this instalment gives much more to exploring,hunting, sailing and war with enemies. the new story is well written and the historical events and characters are well placed. the game play is amazing but I disappointed with new engine it gave me very low fps in some of the parts andAssassin's Creed III is one of the most anticipated games in this year and its worth to play the Connor's way.this instalment gives much more to exploring,hunting, sailing and war with enemies. the new story is well written and the historical events and characters are well placed. the game play is amazing but I disappointed with new engine it gave me very low fps in some of the parts and PC version have so many bugs but after all I am the big fan of Assassin's Creed games so I ignored and played. i think more to come in series and I am waiting for that. Expand
  101. Feb 1, 2013

Assassin’s Creed III proves to be, despite its promises, a rather indecisive game. It comes with so many strong elements, that it could have been the best Assassin’s Creed ever, but it fails to harmonically balance those elements. [January 2013]
  2. Jan 29, 2013
    Assassin's Creed 3 offers a spectacular way to fill in the blanks in your knowledge of the American Revolution - it never holds back on scope, drama or action.
  3. Jan 23, 2013
    What, no French revolution? For Europeans, birth of the United States is not really very interesting time nor environment. And after Ezio (or Haytham Kenway), Connor is bland, irritating protagonist. Game is also full of chores that add very little to the experience. [Jan 2013]