Assassin's Creed III PC

6.2

1. Dec 18, 2016
    This is the first Assassins Creed game that went downstairs.
    I enjoyed the game until the NAVAL MISSIONS showed up.What the f*** is this? Pirate Creed ?
    Worst wanted system.Guards at every damn corner.
    The only thing i liked about this game is improved movement and combat.
    The character faces are f***ed up,again after Revelations.I feel like i`m not playing Desmond anymore.
  2. Dec 16, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really enjoy Assassin's Creed games. I love AC 2 and Brotherhood, but this is not at the level of AC 2. The story was so predictable that when you become the assassin, you know how the game will end! And seriously, everyone knew that Connor was going to kill his father. This for my opinion is one of the worst Assassin's Creed games out there. I got on the Ubi30 event for free. I wish I didn't do that. For me it was like a chore to complete the game. I knew exactly whats going to happen, and the GAME IS TOO EASY! Seriously I know that AC games are easy, but m8 this is the easiest game I ever played. Games like Harry Potter 5 are harder than this! And in Harry Potter 5 YOU CANT EVEN FAIL. I just died 1 because I wanted to try what happens when you die so suicided from a building. The exploration sucks, the hunting sucks, the side missions are average, shops? What even are shops? I never used a shop until a completed the game, you don't have too. I completed the game using my punches, seriously??? The only good thing I can say is that the combat moves are AWESOME, but the combat still sucks.And if that isn't enough, you have bugs. I am the only one, that cant play without at least 10 bugs in 2 hours?? WTF?

Pros:
    Combat Moves

Cons:
    Bugs
    TOO EASY
    Combat sucks
    Story sucks
    Side missions that you never do
    Exploration, THERE NOTHING TO EXPLORE
    And the worst thing a game can have, ITS ANNOYING AF

Final Verdict: 2/10 AWFUL
  3. Dec 8, 2016
    This game is a joke, as well as everything about Uplay. Takes ages to load anything and I couldn't even find an option to skip the boring cut scenes.
    The options are ridiculously confusing to the point of wanting to break the keyboard.
    At certain point of the game, you notice this game is nothing like Assassin's Creed when you start to go through the horrible boat missions. Seriously... It's bad... I mean, it's really bad.
    As much as the "tower defense" missions from the previous AC is awesome and entertaining, these boat quests are HORRIBLE!
    I tried to find an option to skip the gameplay just so I could realize the best feature of this horrible game was the uninstall button to remove UPLAY and Assassins Creed III once and for all from my computer.
    If you want a great Assassin's Creed experience, play AC II and stop there. If you want to keep going with the story to see where it goes, play Brotherhood and Revelations and stop there. If you want to hate AC to the point of never wanting to see this game ever again, AC III is your best option. It will definitely spare you from wanting to even see the continuation of this series that started awesomely and ended up deep in the garbage bin.
  4. Dec 8, 2016
    Very poorly done and very poorly ported to PC. Horrible controls. I hate ubi for mouse acceleration (AC 3 have positive and negative mouse accel... WTF), how can I play in this ****
  5. Nov 6, 2016
    Assassin's Creed III is a game that could have been at least decent if there had been far, far less of it. Instead, it is a disaster area of a game, and really goes to show how more can be less.

The core of Assassin's Creed III is, ostensibly, being an assassin. You play as Connor, a half-white, half-Native American assassin who joins the revolution to protect his people. Except not really, because the Patriots don't really make any promises towards his people. Really, you play as Connor, who takes part in the Ameican Revolution because the plot says so, and because it makes for intesting mission setpieces.

As Connor, you supposedly sneak around, parkouring through trees and over buildings and sneaking around or murdering guards en route to various assassination targets.

Of course, in actuality, judging by gameplay time, Assassin's Creed III is a game about running around in the woods gathering feathers and crafting items whih have no actual value whatsoever.

Assasssin's Creed III is quite large - there are two fairly large cities, plus a Frontier area which is several virtual miles across, and a homestead area which is fairly large as well.

And yet, these environments leave me wondering why they're even there. They're EMPTY. Most of the frontier is just trees, rocks, and hills, with very little of interest there; there are animals wandering around, but that's a bad joke; the animals themselves are just a tedious distraction. There are a smattering of collectables scattered around, but they still often aren't within hundred yards of each other, and almost all of them feel like they were just stuck into the environment to extend playtime - indeed, the almanacs never result in you talking to Benjamin Franklin again to turn them in, while the feather collection sidequest is completely arbitrary and has ZERO actual payoff in-game - you arbitrarily unlock an outfit and that's it.

There are fixed sidequests which feel like they might as well have been procedurally generated for all the "story" involved in them. There is hunting of animals, and trading of skins via caravans - which is an extremely tedious process with a terrible UI which bears no real purpose beyond generating vast amounts of money you don't need. There's a "crafting" system which is driven entirely by completing sidequests with the NPCs in your homestead, and which could have just had the NPCs grant you the results after you completed the quests, without the tedious system involved.

Joining you on your feather collection duties are six assassins. Unlike in previous entries in the AC series, your assassin recruits actually have individual personalities, and you can chat with them a bit and get to know them a little. This is a huge step up. Too bad that, unlike in the previous games, you don't get a capstone quest from any of them, so after you recruit them, they might as well not exist as things you interact with.

Oh, and you can't use them at all in the huge wilderness area for no apparent reason.

You can level them up via a menu-based sidequest system which simply serves to divert more of your time away from actually being an assassin. It probably has some effect, but I could never really tell, and while they were useful, they were often unavailable when they’d be most useful.

There’s just so much garbage in this game, and the game pretends like it is important, but ultimately, it is just there to make the game much longer than it should be – vastly so. I’d say you probably spend maybe 20% of your play time on the actual main storyline.

The main storyline is a mess plot-wise; you keep skipping between various major historical events, but the protagonist, Connor, is a one-dimensional anger-driven character on a quest for revenge. Except that by the end of it, you, the player, are left wondering why Connor even cares anymore, as it isn’t even clear if your primary target is even responsible for the thing you are ostensibly angry about. The various historical figures flit in and out of the narrative, never sticking around for long enough to care about them. The only character you can really care about is the first mate of your ship and Haytham, the first protagonist in the game who later on becomes an anti-villain, and who may be more of a hero than the actual protagonist is.

The game is meant to try and highlight some moral ambiguity, but it is undermined when the protagonist, who often seems to act as a mouthpiece for how morally ambiguous it all is, does exactly the things he **** about other people doing and doesn’t even seem to acknowledge that fact - nor does the game.

The actual historical figures generally get short shrift as well – George Washington and Samuel Adams only show up for a few sequences each, and it is hard to feel like Connor is connected to either of them in any real sense, which means that when he gets angry at them, it is hard for the player to care, either.

This game is pretty bad. Avoid it.
  6. May 2, 2016
    This game is a buggy P.O.S. it is not playable, the "challenge" of this game is getting anything to work so you can in fact "play" it, i got this game in 2016 and it doesn't work, i have had people tell me this game was boring but i love ac 1,2,4 so i decided to come back and give it a far chance but i cant even play the game, i dont even have enough space here to list everything wrongThis game is a buggy P.O.S. it is not playable, the "challenge" of this game is getting anything to work so you can in fact "play" it, i got this game in 2016 and it doesn't work, i have had people tell me this game was boring but i love ac 1,2,4 so i decided to come back and give it a far chance but i cant even play the game, i dont even have enough space here to list everything wrong with it. the short answer is you cant play it, i am so glad i played ac 4 before this one cause this would have put me off ac forever, although it still may have put me off ubisoft games so i guess the same effect, If you dont want my money ubisoft fine just stop making **** ports this is disgraceful. Expand
  7. Apr 13, 2016
    Am I the only one that found this so utterly boring? The characters were dull, there was, what felt like, hardly any game play and the story was just as interesting as a dishwasher. All this game consisted of was walking from one objective to another. I felt no excitement while playing this at all! Connor annoyed the hell out of me, his voice was irritating and he literally had noAm I the only one that found this so utterly boring? The characters were dull, there was, what felt like, hardly any game play and the story was just as interesting as a dishwasher. All this game consisted of was walking from one objective to another. I felt no excitement while playing this at all! Connor annoyed the hell out of me, his voice was irritating and he literally had no personality! The fact that this game is some people's favourite AC game baffles me... Its just so awful! I'm actually quite surprised I was able to finish the game... Expand
  8. Mar 28, 2016
    Gameplay is very, very lacking... AC3 is technically a movie with intermittent "gameplay" that is really just there to force you to put your popcorn away for a minute before you get to experience the next cutscene. If you're looking to experience a game per se, just forget about this one. If you're interested in what's happening in the AC storyline, just look up the "Assassin's Creed IIIGameplay is very, very lacking... AC3 is technically a movie with intermittent "gameplay" that is really just there to force you to put your popcorn away for a minute before you get to experience the next cutscene. If you're looking to experience a game per se, just forget about this one. If you're interested in what's happening in the AC storyline, just look up the "Assassin's Creed III movie", which is essentially all the cutscenes edited together. Guess how long it is... IT CUTS REALLY CLOSE TO FIVE F'N HOURS!! Expand
  9. Jan 2, 2015
    good: setting
    good: setting
    bad:poor console port, retarded mechanics of parkour (annoying as **** poor characters, poor storyline, boring repetitive quests, a large portion of game is dumb and clearly made for kids, every good thing is affected by 30 bad things, bugs, bugs more bugs, too easy, except when you try to battle bugs, not even close to previous assassin creed titles, not even a big budget could save this fail of the game
  10. Dec 7, 2014
    Utter **** the PC version is a disgrace to PC games, of course we;re talking about Goobysoft.

The game is a bug festival, if you want to open a Quality Control business, you need to show this to your employees as a reference.
  11. Dec 3, 2014
    I hated AC1 because of it's repetitiveness and it's **** ending. I loved AC2, Brotherhood, and Revelations. I hoped the third could be much more better than AC2. But its a lot worst than AC1.

Game play: walk 10 steps, press E to skip scene, walk 5 steps, press E. Enter tabern, press E, exit tabern, press E, walk 2 steps and press E, ride a horse pressing W for 15 minutes then press E to skip scene... and so, for at least 35 hours.

It's absolute boredom. The main characters has nothing. Except for Haytham, Lee, and Hickey, all of them are plain, bland, and lack any interest or personality. Specially Connor. Gordon Freeman has much more charisma than Connor. FFS it had so much potential! Ubi, what have you done?! Absolute boredom.

Not only that, but this game is a plethora of bugs. It even corrupts your saved progress from time to time so you have to start again and again and again. I've started it up 4 times now! It's ridiculous!

I give it a 4 because of the beautiful graphics, the parkour, and the brutal combat sequences.
  12. Oct 10, 2014
    Absolutely abysmal. If you want to actually program your keyboard so that you can use the keys that make sense to you, forget about it. Except for really primitive games, where it isn't an option, I never use the WASD keys to maneuver, but this game forces you to, because the designers were too lazy to bother with a user friendly game. I tried for a while, but it was just too uncomfortableAbsolutely abysmal. If you want to actually program your keyboard so that you can use the keys that make sense to you, forget about it. Except for really primitive games, where it isn't an option, I never use the WASD keys to maneuver, but this game forces you to, because the designers were too lazy to bother with a user friendly game. I tried for a while, but it was just too uncomfortable to play.

And to add insult to injury, the game made me create a Uplay account, despite the fact that I had purchased it on Steam.

I certainly won't be buying another of this series.
  13. Jul 9, 2014
    Bugs, bugs and more bugs. And full synch is just free frustration, some constraints force you to play 200 times what doesn't deserve one single playthrough. Worst release of the franchise, by far.
  14. Jun 28, 2014
    Really disappointing. The game looks gorgeous but there is so little real game play. I feel like I am just running between objectives, walking if it is a stealth level.
    Even the combat is boring. X to attack, B to block. I had not played an Assassins creed game since 2 and I had hoped they would have improved the combat by now. It seems to have sped up a little bit, but it is still just attack, attack, counter, repeat. The controls are very over simplified, I tried playing with a keyboard and also a gamepad, but the controls seem way too dumbed down.
    I thought firing muskets would be satisfying, but they only have the range or a throwing knife and dont feel good to shoot. Climbing the ships mast at the beginning could have been an exciting moment, but I climbed up the wrong side of the mast, so I had to climb down and go up the side they wanted me to climb to continue.
    It is also the glitchiest game I have played in years. During the first sword fight in the game my enemy got stuck in a wall and I had to restart from checkpoint. When first arriving in Boston before even let off the leash enough to sprint I saw a frozen towns person and a dog stuck inside a pile of barrels. There are frequent ragdoll and other physics glitches.
    I only payed $5 for it in the steam sale and I still feel disappointed.
  15. Jun 13, 2014
    Sadly, Assassin's Creed 3 does little to differentiate itself from it's predecessors, spends the first third of the game on tutorials, and is otherwise a bit on the boring side. All this could be forgiven if it weren't for the fact that the PC port is terrible and crashes constantly. I have literally never uninstalled a game before I finished playing it. Congratulations AC:3. You were soSadly, Assassin's Creed 3 does little to differentiate itself from it's predecessors, spends the first third of the game on tutorials, and is otherwise a bit on the boring side. All this could be forgiven if it weren't for the fact that the PC port is terrible and crashes constantly. I have literally never uninstalled a game before I finished playing it. Congratulations AC:3. You were so bad that I couldn't be bothered to finish you. Expand
  16. May 29, 2014
    Even now, so long after release a horrible, unplayable broken mess. Glitches around every corner, spazzing out people everywhere, pop-in and pop-out of people, even when they're standing next to you (on an impressive PC). Bad optimization, they still haven't killed off Desmond either so he's still in the game with his dumb **** face trying to make sense of what's going on - a total andEven now, so long after release a horrible, unplayable broken mess. Glitches around every corner, spazzing out people everywhere, pop-in and pop-out of people, even when they're standing next to you (on an impressive PC). Bad optimization, they still haven't killed off Desmond either so he's still in the game with his dumb **** face trying to make sense of what's going on - a total and complete loss of power and an artificial way to keep the overarching story still going. The Desmond story is like a miscarriage, it was sort of alive when it popped out, but brutally deformed and right now the parents act like it's still alive but really it's just dead, uninteresting, and a bloody mess. Haytham as a character is phenomenal, but is replaced within the first 3 minutes of the game with an uninteresting, arrogant (not in a funny way like Ezio) nitwit who doesn't have the slighest clue of what's going on. Horrible game, only finished it because I loved the previous ones and want to play the 4th one.

But honestly, even if you're a big fan, skip this one. Please, for your own good.
  17. Apr 23, 2014
    Review divided between PC specific problems and Game problems.

A. PC Specific Problems: 1. No optimisation done at all. If I suffer FPS lag on a $3000 machine, I can only imagine the horror those on a more conservative rigs. Its so buggy! If you look in specific directions the fps drops like bass in a dubstep video. So far I am certain that it has got nothing to do with amount of
    Review divided between PC specific problems and Game problems.

A. PC Specific Problems:

1. No optimisation done at all. If I suffer FPS lag on a $3000 machine, I can only imagine the horror those on a more conservative rigs. Its so buggy! If you look in specific directions the fps drops like bass in a dubstep video. So far I am certain that it has got nothing to do with amount of components on screen. I've gotten smooth as butter FPS with a lot of citizens and buildings and an animation slideshow FPS in a f**in JUNGLE with practically nothing putting load on my CPU / GPU.

2. Controls are just weird. SUPER weird. We have at least a 102 buttons to play games. They REDUCED the amount of buttons required to play the game than previous versions. I am pretty sure you could map an Sega Genesis controller to play this game and won't need any combos on a PC.

3. Uplay! Need I say more?

4. Savegames get corrupted randomly. I've had to start the game thrice AT LEAST. Its funny because you don't loose an entire save, you loose the progress! Its not even the progress made in the same session!

5. Random crashes.

B. Other Issues Universal to all Systems:

1. The gameplay is non existent. The game pretty much is like a modern version of those weird CD-I games.

2. Their version of OPEN world is just run around. Run around to get collectible, deliver letters etc. On top of that, running around isn't even fun! It seems like so for the first 15 minutes, but its horrid! The tree parkour is very badly done. Its laughable. You have to be on a horse for the most part if you actually wanna get to places. In GTA there's a million things to experience in the open world. Here, it's NOTHING!

3. Horses are BUGGY AS F**K! Skyrim horses are MUCH better than this sh!t!~

4. It could have better been a shooter on rails! Because you are NOT ALLOWED to THINK how to do a mission. The whole thing is scripted. I've played better NES games than this.

5. I could rant on but now the game has sucked out all of my motivation.

On the good part, the graphics are amazing! They are wallpaper worthy! Every single image you capture will be pretty much gorgeous. But it's a GAME. NOT a MOVIE!

Honestly, you are better off just watching the walkthroughs on youtube or whatever. Even that'll get boring.
  18. Mar 29, 2014
    The most annoying game i've ever played, worst than sleeping dogs. I don't want to climb and stay on top of everything. Killing half of the city isn't a problem but shoving them is inappropriate. Riding a horse can't be more difficult i guess, i don't understand why both character and horse stop moving when something block their way and don't care the damn distance between the target, thisThe most annoying game i've ever played, worst than sleeping dogs. I don't want to climb and stay on top of everything. Killing half of the city isn't a problem but shoving them is inappropriate. Riding a horse can't be more difficult i guess, i don't understand why both character and horse stop moving when something block their way and don't care the damn distance between the target, this is really ridiculous. Expand
  19. Jan 27, 2014
    I have played and finished every single AC game upto this one and pretty much liked them. But my god how I hated this one. The gameplay seems to be taken right out of a beta version of the AC I. Guards get stuck in invisible walls all the time. Guards don't see you when standing right next to them, but then again see you 1 mile away. On the PC the map and every other menu makes you wantI have played and finished every single AC game upto this one and pretty much liked them. But my god how I hated this one. The gameplay seems to be taken right out of a beta version of the AC I. Guards get stuck in invisible walls all the time. Guards don't see you when standing right next to them, but then again see you 1 mile away. On the PC the map and every other menu makes you want to hit something. Quests usualy just start by talking to some dude without ANY explanation. You just run up to him, and a marker appears on the map. Many times the quest-dude just said "thank you" and the quest was over before I did anything (must have killed the particular guard sometime before?!). Immersion is broken all the time when silly things are happening all around you. For example, the main character gets a cut on his face, gets a pad soaked in alcohol pressed on it and 1 second later there is a closeup of his face and the cut is gone. I could go on and on but I wan't to forget about this game as fast as I can. Expand
  20. Jan 26, 2014
    The perfect example of how to NOT make a sequel

The perfect example of how to NOT make a sequel

First, AC3 feels least like Assassin’s Creed game. From the overly specific full synchronization mission objectives to the walk-between-cutscenes missions, the player is stripped of the sandbox style of play. The game forces you to play a predetermined style, which rids of the fun. In fact, the entire game plays out like you are more of a soldier than an Assassin.

Connor is the least strong of the AC characters and I actually found him quite annoying. The game is rather shallow in that it does not delve at all into the Creed or Brotherhood, but only that it exists and is there to stop the Templars.

The game lacks any polish. First, the game suffers from poor mechanics. Fluidity and consistency are the biggest problems. While there is the random ledge grabbing and haphazard horse controls, the combat is the biggest misstep. I use to love the combat, but in AC3 it is tiresome. The counters work like half the time. The gunplay ruins any flow. I died so many cheap deaths because of the odd mechanics. Second, there are more glitches in bugs in this game than in any other game I’ve played, which is sad for a blockbuster franchise like AC.

Next, the extras do not tie into the game whatsoever. I completed the game without doing any extras. I did not find them fun and rather unnecessary unlike previous installments where I did everything. They were not explained well. Also, I did not see weapon upgrades or costume upgrades.

Other serious complaints are the rather terrible fast-travel between zones, strange menu design, and the insanely long 4 hour tutorial at the beginning of the game.

The Assassin’s Creed franchise is one of my favorites and AC2 is one of my favorite games of all time. I found so much disappointment and squandered potential with AC3.
  21. Jan 26, 2014
    It's such a shame that Ubisoft decided to make Assassin's Creed a yearly release title. The result of that decision has slowly led to the demise of the franchise and AC III is the prime example of that. AC was once one of my favorite franchises, but now it has been reduced to a mere shadow of its former self. First, the pros: AC III has great character models, animations, and cutsences.It's such a shame that Ubisoft decided to make Assassin's Creed a yearly release title. The result of that decision has slowly led to the demise of the franchise and AC III is the prime example of that. AC was once one of my favorite franchises, but now it has been reduced to a mere shadow of its former self. First, the pros: AC III has great character models, animations, and cutsences. That's about it for pros. The cons:
    The setting is great, but it just doesn't work for an AC game. Remember when this franchise was about sneaking around and stabbing people? Yeah, not anymore. Now you get guns and are constantly expected to fight through hordes of enemies. AC needs to go back into history and stop coming to more recent time periods or it will further destroy the franchise. The gameplay itself has been revamped and now it's worse than before. Combat isn't nearly as fluid or fun as it once was. The game holds your hand for over 4 hours of playtime as it shows you tutorials for things that you will never do throughout the game. IT showed me how to hunt, but not what the purpose of hunting is. It showed me how to craft things and sell items, but i never had more than $4000 in my wallet during the entire game. Remember when the story was the focus of the AC games? The story hasn't made sense for several games, but now it is worse than ever. I had no idea what was going on in the present day Desmond storyline and if i wasn't student of American military history i'd have no idea what was going on in the historical Connor storyline either. The missions are boring and repetitive, the open world is useless as i never felt compelled to explore and i'm usually the person who would go through the entire game intending to get 100% sync by finishing every optional objective, obtaining every collectible and so forth. But this game was so boring i couldn't bring myself to even attempt that. On top of all this, the game is absolutely riddled with bugs and glitches. Every single mission had a problem with it somewhere. Whether it was a mission breaking bug where i couldn't continue, clipping issues, or the part where every time i open my accounting book to manage my property, the game would freeze and i'd have to shut down the process with task manager. SO much for that part of the game! Guess i'll never be able to upgrade my house! AC II is a complete travesty. Casual games looking for a fix and die hard AC fans alike should steer far clear of this disgusting game.
  22. Jan 3, 2014
    Ok, let's start with the positive so we can clear this one out quickly the cut scenes are awesome. Done. Check.
    Now with the negative :
    Now with the negative :
    1. This is the most boring and clumsiest assassin you'll ever see in your life. This character I already forgot his name just to say is the total opposite of Ezio no charisma whatsoever, no substance, no facial resemblance with any of the glorious assassin family Desmond is the last heir of, boring voice and poor abilities. You can't get attached to such a dull character and have any fun using him. You just can't.
    2. All the Assassin's Creed games sucked me in from the very beginning of the story and glued me to my screen, wasting countless hours to make the scenario and characters progress. This one is so annoying, I have no interest in making anything progress and knowing what happened to the saga. I didn't even understand why Desmond ended up in the animus reenacting this stupid ancestor memories. Nothing's explained or makes sense. It's like, yeah whatever, just do it because well, it's an Assassin's Creed game so let's just milk the same cow again and issue a new episode of the series.
    3. The game-play has been revised for the worst. Listen Ubisoft, there's one golden rule in gaming and in programming in general: if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Don't. Just don't. Ever. Instead, you just frustrated millions of players who enjoyed so far the continuity of playing all Assassin's Creed games the same way but you also made it much worse by complicating for no reason a fluid interface with boring menus/sub-menus and counter-intuitive controls. This is an epic failure.
    4. The AI. Oh my! The AI is as equally retarded than it is deadly, depending on the time, the scenario and the situation. This is such a marker for a failed product to see the vast dichotomy between AI characters accepting you just vanished because you hid behind a barrel in their plain sight as it is when they accurately shoot you to near death when you're jumping from one roof to another, while alerting instantly every other patrols within a 50 miles radius around you.
    5. Gazillions of bugs everywhere. For everything. We're not talking about specific glitches in specific areas and such. Direct and obvious bugs like the character's cape going crazy and making him look like a ridiculous bat whenever climbing any tall structure. This is not something you can miss. Clearly, you haven't tested your product at all. Or if you have, you clearly have no respect for your customers in attempting to deliver any level of quality for your products. Let's just issue the damn thing and bang money as much as we can before they realize they bought a piece of crap. The fact that Ubisoft publicly told their customers they have no intention to fix any of the bugs, well I guess we all know now how they consider them (moooo!).
    6. Missions 90% of the time, I have no clue why I'm doing a mission or what I'm supposed to do. I just try random things until it seems that the mission progresses. The story is so botched that they didn't even try to provide explanations of why you're doing something in the game now.
    Overall, the whole thing feels very sour: the great saga that lasted for a decade now has been burnt to the ground by the greediness of Ubisoft executives in a clumsy attempt to milk their customers. From what I can read from gamers about AC IV, it's pretty much the same disaster. Guess what, won't buy it. Well, well done Ubisoft for shooting yourself in the foot and killing one of the greatest saga in gaming history.
  23. Jan 2, 2014
    This game has no ambition. They tried to coast on a well-known brand and plaster a series of stale mechanics onto a lifeless setting. There are a few sparks of creative energy, but by and large, it's not worth the slog through the soulless husk that is the Boston and its surrounding wilderness--a region, you would think, almost impossible to make completely devoid of interest. Somehow,This game has no ambition. They tried to coast on a well-known brand and plaster a series of stale mechanics onto a lifeless setting. There are a few sparks of creative energy, but by and large, it's not worth the slog through the soulless husk that is the Boston and its surrounding wilderness--a region, you would think, almost impossible to make completely devoid of interest. Somehow, they managed.

The gameplay and graphics are passable, which saves this game from total disaster. Give it a pass unless you are obsessed with the genre, in which case, prepare to spend the rest of your life on a collection quest for the 100 pieces of your broken soul.
  24. Dec 31, 2013
    The lowest point in the series. Not only does it run like an awful console port with enhanced textures (it is) there is a show stopping bug at EVER. SINGLE. FRAGMENT. of each sequence. It felt like I was playing a random number generator instead of being a part of a scripted game. Even though the writing is a bit forced into the genre, it is the only redeeming part of the game.
  25. Dec 4, 2013
    Worst Assassins Creed ever, half the game is a fricken tutorial and it doesn't even give u a tutorial on the stuff you need a tutorial for like crafting, Going places takes forever and the historical inaccuracy of this game makes me mad. Don't bother buying this game unless u like spending 8 hours of game play on getting to the actually being able to play as the main character. This is aWorst Assassins Creed ever, half the game is a fricken tutorial and it doesn't even give u a tutorial on the stuff you need a tutorial for like crafting, Going places takes forever and the historical inaccuracy of this game makes me mad. Don't bother buying this game unless u like spending 8 hours of game play on getting to the actually being able to play as the main character. This is a horrible game. Expand
  26. Nov 28, 2013
    I have played 24% according to the save menu. I don't think I can keep going. After a four hour intro, making me think I would be playing a character that I'm not, I am basically stuck playing a quicktime game, with a main character that has no body.

He is not an assassin, he is not interesting, the word is boring.

This game couldn't be worse.
  27. Nov 27, 2013
    This is one of the reasons the Assassin's Creed saga should have ended already. It's a boring game with a boring combat system, a boring story and a sh**tty ending. God that ending. They could have done something right there but no, they decided to keep milking the story.
    I'm done with this saga.
  28. Nov 23, 2013
    There are too many problems of this game.

First, the flow of plot may be quite ambiguous to player due to the gradual change of controllable characters and timelines in the memory sequences, leaving a lot of unanswered plot holes, which are only addressed in a novel. It is ridiculous to read a novel or to search in wiki to understand a game's plot with a deeper extent. Second, the
    There are too many problems of this game.

Second, the pace of game is too slow. Combined with year change, season change and character change, the game becomes a very boring open world game. The sense of achievement is long gone, considering the controllable character or world in previous sequences will not stick with player in late game. It also results in repetitive side quests with low in number in early sequences. Even in late game, the open world still looks empty and dull, and the side quests are still too boring to be bothered with.

Further, the mission design are too linear, with the player to follow direction strictly given by game. Even how the player move is nearly restricted in a mission. The fun of eliminating target with various possibilities is no longer seen in this installment.

At last, this game has too many gimmicks like sea sailing, naval battle and hunting which do not add much to game mechanic and plot, and only add low value to its repetitive side quests.

Overall, the story is in fact not that bad. It is good to see more on the Templar side this time. However, the story telling and game mechanic implementation is extremely bad, which ruins the game play experience completely.
  29. Nov 17, 2013
    When Call of Duty meets our famous assassin, what will it be? It will be this game. Nearly all the game missions are linear levels, with player and his companions shooting the enemies in surprise as stealth attack. Just like a COD game in the era of American revolution. There is no room for creativity and a sense of open world in the missions.

At the end, I just wonder if this is still

At the end, I just wonder if this is still an assassin game. I have really no feelings of involvement that the character is an assassin as in AC1 & 2.

3 marks are only for the decent graphic, good PC port and the introduction of naval combat respectively.
  30. Nov 17, 2013
    Worst game I have ever played. I played for about 1 hour and quit because I could not take it anymore. It really is that bad. I can't think of a single game out there that is worse than this one. Who the gives those "experts" the qualification to call themselves experts? I do not trust those "experts" who gave this piece of crap an eight.
  31. Dec 20, 2012
    So far it's good, not great though. the graphics have improved over Revelations and the gameplay is a lot simpler (for the better) BUT in pretty much half the missions you have absolutely no idea what to do and after failing a few times you figure out how to progress, plus the actual design of the different levels you get thrown into during missions is herendous, it's almost impossible toSo far it's good, not great though. the graphics have improved over Revelations and the gameplay is a lot simpler (for the better) BUT in pretty much half the missions you have absolutely no idea what to do and after failing a few times you figure out how to progress, plus the actual design of the different levels you get thrown into during missions is herendous, it's almost impossible to get 100% synchronization in most levels, I still have no idea what the developers were smoking when they designed these areas and it is extremely infuriating. The story is alright for an AC game and some of the characters interesting, but most are pretty one-dimensional and boring as heck. Overall it's leaving me a bit disappointed, it's like Ubisoft added some really interesting mechanics to the game but at the same time COMPLETELY butchered what made previous games great, and forgot how to design levels in the process, AND completely threw away any form of guidance to help you figure out what the hell you're doing half the time. This is supposed to be a great starting point for new players to the series but if an AC veteran that has played every single game in the series gets totally confused and frustrated half the time how the heck is someone new to the series supposed to get through the entire campaign?? All in all AC 3 is basically a mess, a shiny mess, yes. But still a mess Collapse

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
    Assassin’s Creed III proves to be, despite its promises, a rather indecisive game. It comes with so many strong elements, that it could have been the best Assassin’s Creed ever, but it fails to harmonically balance those elements. [January 2013]
  2. Jan 29, 2013
    Assassin's Creed 3 offers a spectacular way to fill in the blanks in your knowledge of the American Revolution - it never holds back on scope, drama or action.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Jan 23, 2013
    What, no French revolution? For Europeans, birth of the United States is not really very interesting time nor environment. And after Ezio (or Haytham Kenway), Connor is bland, irritating protagonist. Game is also full of chores that add very little to the experience. [Jan 2013]