6.1

1. Jan 26, 2014
    It's such a shame that Ubisoft decided to make Assassin's Creed a yearly release title. The result of that decision has slowly led to the demise of the franchise and AC III is the prime example of that. AC was once one of my favorite franchises, but now it has been reduced to a mere shadow of its former self. First, the pros: AC III has great character models, animations, and cutsences. That's about it for pros. The cons:
    The setting is great, but it just doesn't work for an AC game. Remember when this franchise was about sneaking around and stabbing people? Yeah, not anymore. Now you get guns and are constantly expected to fight through hordes of enemies. AC needs to go back into history and stop coming to more recent time periods or it will further destroy the franchise. The gameplay itself has been revamped and now it's worse than before. Combat isn't nearly as fluid or fun as it once was. The game holds your hand for over 4 hours of playtime as it shows you tutorials for things that you will never do throughout the game. IT showed me how to hunt, but not what the purpose of hunting is. It showed me how to craft things and sell items, but i never had more than $4000 in my wallet during the entire game. Remember when the story was the focus of the AC games? The story hasn't made sense for several games, but now it is worse than ever. I had no idea what was going on in the present day Desmond storyline and if i wasn't student of American military history i'd have no idea what was going on in the historical Connor storyline either. The missions are boring and repetitive, the open world is useless as i never felt compelled to explore and i'm usually the person who would go through the entire game intending to get 100% sync by finishing every optional objective, obtaining every collectible and so forth. But this game was so boring i couldn't bring myself to even attempt that. On top of all this, the game is absolutely riddled with bugs and glitches. Every single mission had a problem with it somewhere. Whether it was a mission breaking bug where i couldn't continue, clipping issues, or the part where every time i open my accounting book to manage my property, the game would freeze and i'd have to shut down the process with task manager. SO much for that part of the game! Guess i'll never be able to upgrade my house! AC II is a complete travesty. Casual games looking for a fix and die hard AC fans alike should steer far clear of this disgusting game.
  2. Feb 28, 2013
    So Assassin's Creed 3 was praised by so many peeps and I just never saw the big fuse about it. So was it as amazing as everyone said it was going to be? In some ways yes but overall no. Now not saying its bad, its a decent but but im just going to explain why im giving it this score. So first talking about the pros about his game. Action and cutscences feel so cinematic. The game looks great with it been best graphics in any Assassin's Creed game. Combat has improved alot even tho it can be annoying at times. Good story and the Navel Ship Battles... best thing about this game! I mean it was an amazing engine for the ship combat and the engine beats alot of pirate engines and I hope Ubisoft make a game like that. Now the cons. Well first the character you play as Connor is just dull and boring compared to Ezio and even Altair even had a little more more charactor then Connor. Lots of stuff to do, but no real reward to them like other games in the series( well maybe a bit more then the first game) Ending was awful and should have given you an option at the end. The new engine makes the game too easy, I mean I want the old engine when you bought armor to take more hits and buy better weapons. Now you still can buy weapons but you can complete this game without buying a weapon(stupid if you ask me). So its got many pros and cons, but the pros just make it a decent game. So overall a decent game. Assassins's Creed 3 7.3/10 Expand
  3. Jun 14, 2013
    that's a pretty good game and one great to the series the graphics are great and the gameplay is awesome story as well is really good to me this is the best AC in combat so far but not the best one in the whole series
  4. Mar 1, 2013
    Assassin's Creed 3 is an experience as you wouldn't expect it... in a bad way. After the game got promoted by gorgeus and amusing missions, you play about only half of the game as the Connor we got to see. Take away the emotional story of Ezio, the way of living by the creed of Altaïr, and replace it with a boring, flat character that just wears the Assassin's outfit as a murderer's license. The best thing is the only thing they did good: the Naval Warfare missions. Being in command of a ship was fun, but the same can't be said for the new combat, hunting and tree running. The combat basically got rid of the iconic hidden blade and replaced it with a tomahawk and a pistol. Combat got even easier, and yet more frustrating because of the awful complexity that was tried to mix in with the simplicity of button mashing. Hunting was fun, but seeing Connor use the same animation time after time to skin an animal, dull quick time events and the uselessnes of the money made it just "a thing to do". Money could be used to buy craftingmaterials, new weapons and costume dyes, but none of those were needed. It was just an addition to kill time, and with the huge forest, the cities and shops seemed unnecessary. That brings us to the last flaw: out of the cities and into the forest. Fun, right? Well no. For the most time treerunning worked, but the stubborn controls often had their own way of navigating through trees and taking the complete opposite path of what you wanted. And since there were barely any roofs to run on like in the previous games, it was either climbing trees like a frustrated monkey of taking the boring roadtour on the ground. For once, Desmond had the best levels. It was fun to play as Desmond, and the levels in the modern day were stunning! Connor's story was basically bad. Was it because Ubisoft focused a bit too much on Ezio, or because the franchise is becoming the newest cashcow? I don't know. Maybe both. It's worth a playthrough, but the characters and new additions, except for the naval warfare missions and Desmond missions, were boring and they didn't leave the emotional mark like the previous games did. Expand
  5. May 26, 2013
    Being new to the assassins creed series, I did not find myself lost or missing out by entering during the third installment. This game featured some of the most epic scenes I have experienced in a game. Alot of the battles, especially involving ships, were on a caliber I had never seen before. The combat always kept me interested and entertained, and the world was worthy of exploration. The ability to traverse obstacles and buildings in a "parkour" fashion never gets old and is entertaining enough to make you want to play in its own.
    My largest complaint about the game is that the game has a subtle feeling throughout that it had been rushed. This is most obvious with the "Homestead" which felt like it was building up to something good, but in the end was unrewarding and seemed half-implemented. Its the feeling that I know I could have had a lot more from the game the entire time I was playing it that soured the experience.
    Also, multiplayer is fantastic and made the game worth the price. The mechanics of their pvp are extremely intuitive and are something you will never have played before. The multiplayer of Assassin's Creed deserves more attention and credit than I have seen it get. Good stuff.
    Added: This rating is purely for the base game. The DLC are horrible and extremely overpriced. Dont bother with them.
  6. Jan 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Assassins Creed III is a game I haven't been longing to play. The first and second game in the franchise took me by storm and fulfilled my gaming experience. This game however is a complete different story!

Story wise this game is awesome and still stands by the Assassins Creed genre of History and Religion mixed with a little Fiction. However the game play itself is terrible terrible terrible. I even bought the game almost 2 years after release and still it's buggy as freaking hell, I dare say even worse than Fallout: New Vegas. Glitch after glitch and bug after bug. Some examples are the out of sync lip sync, cuts in the cut scenes where a lot of the dialog is lost, people vanishing in to thin air and appearing from nowhere, rag doll effect on corpses that fly away or twitch and spaz out, random people doing "acrobatics" in the middle of the street (actually worth seeing since it made me laugh out loud) and the annoying minor glitches that ruin some missions completely and just makes you so mad that you want to shove a blade in some random settler, witch is of course not possible.

The thing that bugs me the most is a minor thing. The person you play as can't walk up stair in a normal manner. It just looks weird as hell. If I'd try it I would fall on my ass.

Still the good things are that everything is beautiful, the landscape, graphics and the story but that can't help the terrible game play.
  7. Dec 16, 2012
    Fail and disappointment f the year :( That's very sad because I'm big fan of AC series and was waiting hardly this part to come out. First, this is NOT AC game at all. Everything good from AC2, ACB and ACR is gone. Controls are totally changed and practically unplayable. For first 30 minutes be sure to make popcorns because there is 30 minutes unskipable boring animated sequences series. Overall, unplayable game which have nothing in common with good old AC games. Everything except nice graphics is bad in this game. Expand
  8. Mar 7, 2014
    The story here is really motivating, much better than I expected. The best story in Assassin's Creed series so far. This time the game team put almost everything in it. But the control is bad. By just pushing one button the character makes a serie of movements you don't expect like you're watching a movie. Sometimes you lose yourself in the crowds or you don't feel like you're really in there. Although Assassin's Creed 3 is still a great, playable game that you don't want to miss. Expand
  9. Nov 23, 2013
    There are too many problems of this game.

First, the flow of plot may be quite ambiguous to player due to the gradual change of controllable characters and timelines in the memory sequences, leaving a lot of unanswered plot holes, which are only addressed in a novel. It is ridiculous to read a novel or to search in wiki to understand a game's plot with a deeper extent.

Second, the
    pace of game is too slow. Combined with year change, season change and character change, the game becomes a very boring open world game. The sense of achievement is long gone, considering the controllable character or world in previous sequences will not stick with player in late game. It also results in repetitive side quests with low in number in early sequences. Even in late game, the open world still looks empty and dull, and the side quests are still too boring to be bothered with.

Further, the mission design are too linear, with the player to follow direction strictly given by game. Even how the player move is nearly restricted in a mission. The fun of eliminating target with various possibilities is no longer seen in this installment.

At last, this game has too many gimmicks like sea sailing, naval battle and hunting which do not add much to game mechanic and plot, and only add low value to its repetitive side quests.

Overall, the story is in fact not that bad. It is good to see more on the Templar side this time. However, the story telling and game mechanic implementation is extremely bad, which ruins the game play experience completely.
  10. Dec 7, 2012
    The game definitely gives a new vibe to the series. The whole franchise was starting to get incredibly boring, in fact, i only played Revelations to keep up with the storyline. Even though I would've liked them to take some time(a couple of years at least) and come out with an incredible game, I will make the most of what they did and enjoy the small, but interesting changes brought. The storyline continues to be good and the gameplay is a little more varied than before. The game in general has the same feel but if you think about it that's not really a bad thing. Expand
  11. Jan 15, 2013
    This review is based having not got very far in the game at all, I've given up and uninstalled it - something I hardly ever do after spending significant cash on a AAA game. The most frustratingly annoying section a few hours into the game gives you a mission where you have to free some captives from three locations, two around a fort and one group on a ship. Now, it doesn't matter how many times I tried to do this, always I would get detected at the last minute, for reasons completely unknown to me, you then desyncronise and have to go through the same process again, and again and again. The enemy AI is not consistent at all. One time I was able to kill a guard at the same spot and no one noticed, the next time the AI guards decide to turn round at that exact moment. I've played I don't know how many stealth games, such as Deus Ex: HR and Dishonored, so I know what stealth-action is all about. However, AC3 does not allow for even one small deviation from what I've seen. The first few hours were ok as an introduction, but still a lot of cutscenes and glitchy combat. Sorry, I know my review score might well be better had I played more, but I think I got through 4-5 hours and then decided that was enough. Pff, disappointing! Expand
  12. Dec 20, 2012
    Even though I haven't had good luck with the Assassin's Creed series, I succumbed to the hype and bought this game. First of all, its an interesting historical novel with a science fiction twist, and a touch of the DaVinci code (references to the Knights Templar). If you're a history buff, you'll appreciate the short background notes with their combination of historical accuracy and dramatic license. I read a few of the notes as I played the game and there was some funny sarcastic remarks sprinkled throughout. Secondly, the graphics were outstanding, even though the intentional fading in/out got a little old. Also, my XPS-8100 with Intel 5 processor and GT-220 card seemed to handle the complex graphics quite well. However, this game becomes annoyingly frustrating at times. In my limited view, the gameplay is too complex. For example, you need three keyboard entries to fire a musket or shoot an arrow. Additionally, moving your character around is difficult at times when you are trying to run away and the character shifts into melee anytime it gets close to the opposition. Still, this game was fun, and I felt a sense of accomplishment when I finally finished it after 30+ hours of playing time. Expand
  13. Jan 3, 2014
    Ok, let's start with the positive so we can clear this one out quickly the cut scenes are awesome. Done. Check.
    Now with the negative :
    1. This is the most boring and clumsiest assassin you'll ever see in your life. This character I already forgot his name just to say is the total opposite of Ezio no charisma whatsoever, no substance, no facial resemblance with any of the glorious
    assassin family Desmond is the last heir of, boring voice and poor abilities. You can't get attached to such a dull character and have any fun using him. You just can't.
    2. All the Assassin's Creed games sucked me in from the very beginning of the story and glued me to my screen, wasting countless hours to make the scenario and characters progress. This one is so annoying, I have no interest in making anything progress and knowing what happened to the saga. I didn't even understand why Desmond ended up in the animus reenacting this stupid ancestor memories. Nothing's explained or makes sense. It's like, yeah whatever, just do it because well, it's an Assassin's Creed game so let's just milk the same cow again and issue a new episode of the series.
    3. The game-play has been revised for the worst. Listen Ubisoft, there's one golden rule in gaming and in programming in general: if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Don't. Just don't. Ever. Instead, you just frustrated millions of players who enjoyed so far the continuity of playing all Assassin's Creed games the same way but you also made it much worse by complicating for no reason a fluid interface with boring menus/sub-menus and counter-intuitive controls. This is an epic failure.
    4. The AI. Oh my! The AI is as equally retarded than it is deadly, depending on the time, the scenario and the situation. This is such a marker for a failed product to see the vast dichotomy between AI characters accepting you just vanished because you hid behind a barrel in their plain sight as it is when they accurately shoot you to near death when you're jumping from one roof to another, while alerting instantly every other patrols within a 50 miles radius around you.
    5. Gazillions of bugs everywhere. For everything. We're not talking about specific glitches in specific areas and such. Direct and obvious bugs like the character's cape going crazy and making him look like a ridiculous bat whenever climbing any tall structure. This is not something you can miss. Clearly, you haven't tested your product at all. Or if you have, you clearly have no respect for your customers in attempting to deliver any level of quality for your products. Let's just issue the damn thing and bang money as much as we can before they realize they bought a piece of crap. The fact that Ubisoft publicly told their customers they have no intention to fix any of the bugs, well I guess we all know now how they consider them (moooo!).
    6. Missions 90% of the time, I have no clue why I'm doing a mission or what I'm supposed to do. I just try random things until it seems that the mission progresses. The story is so botched that they didn't even try to provide explanations of why you're doing something in the game now.
    Overall, the whole thing feels very sour: the great saga that lasted for a decade now has been burnt to the ground by the greediness of Ubisoft executives in a clumsy attempt to milk their customers. From what I can read from gamers about AC IV, it's pretty much the same disaster. Guess what, won't buy it. Well, well done Ubisoft for shooting yourself in the foot and killing one of the greatest saga in gaming history.
  14. Feb 18, 2013
    BAIT AND SWITCH. I was under the impression that I would be playing a badass Indian assassin bent on killing the English. 3 out of the 12 chapters you play as the Indian assassin's English father. It is ridiculous watching an Englishmen jump from roof top to roof top. The combat is clunky and repetitive. There are two prologues and the training is horrendous. But the world itself is really really beautiful and the music is awesome. If you have the horsepower in your rig and a great soundcard you can really loose yourself in the game. Don't buy for over $20 or you will be disappointed. Expand
  15. Jan 26, 2014
    The perfect example of how to NOT make a sequel

First, AC3 feels least like Assassin’s Creed game. From the overly specific full synchronization mission objectives to the walk-between-cutscenes missions, the player is stripped of the sandbox style of play. The game forces you to play a predetermined style, which rids of the fun. In fact, the entire game plays out like you are more of a
    soldier than an Assassin.

Connor is the least strong of the AC characters and I actually found him quite annoying. The game is rather shallow in that it does not delve at all into the Creed or Brotherhood, but only that it exists and is there to stop the Templars.

The game lacks any polish. First, the game suffers from poor mechanics. Fluidity and consistency are the biggest problems. While there is the random ledge grabbing and haphazard horse controls, the combat is the biggest misstep. I use to love the combat, but in AC3 it is tiresome. The counters work like half the time. The gunplay ruins any flow. I died so many cheap deaths because of the odd mechanics. Second, there are more glitches in bugs in this game than in any other game I’ve played, which is sad for a blockbuster franchise like AC.

Next, the extras do not tie into the game whatsoever. I completed the game without doing any extras. I did not find them fun and rather unnecessary unlike previous installments where I did everything. They were not explained well. Also, I did not see weapon upgrades or costume upgrades.

Other serious complaints are the rather terrible fast-travel between zones, strange menu design, and the insanely long 4 hour tutorial at the beginning of the game.

The Assassin’s Creed franchise is one of my favorites and AC2 is one of my favorite games of all time. I found so much disappointment and squandered potential with AC3.
  16. Jan 19, 2013
    let me tell you something assassin creed 3 is an amazing game its batter from all the games in the frenchise (Except from assassin creed 2) its is amazing as assassin creed 2.the story is great and the battles are very satisfing.the multiplayer isnt the best multiplayer ever. this is the very same multiplayer that was in brotherhood and in ravelation.its ok but not so fun.but the assassin creed frenchise was never the multiplayer so i will give it 10/10 Expand
  17. Nov 27, 2012
    What could have been the best game of the year became one of the biggest disappointments I have had to play, however not everything is gray. However, there are so much talk about that i don't know where to start.

I think I'll start with the general history and development.
    The game starts off really slow and boring with a tutorial about 4 hours teaching you basic things you probably
    already know. All that to reach the '' Memory 5'' starts to catch up. However it will still be yawn-worthy until you reach '' Memory 8''.

The unfortunate thing is that this game ends with the same level of mediocrity as Mass Effect 3, but even worse with a final doubly pathetic, confusing and completely incoherent generating more questions than clarifying them.
    I think the ending was really bad, it seems as if the writers of this game were all in a hurry and let they let their imagination run wild, and this unforgivable disaster emerged. Another problem, they barely talk about Lucy in this game, despite working for the templars. I think what happened to her, deserved a better explanation.
    Connor is not a bad character but not be quite interesting as it was Ezio and Altair. I think Haytham Kenway should have been the main character of this game instead of Connor.

The game is full of glitches and technical errors, some very basic and others unforgettable, the weapon menu interface does not work very well and you have to constantly re-equip what you want to use because it switches to other weapons by itself, the map is bugged and it will usually change the position you marked in the map.
    Climb a tree to make the eagle eye can be deadly because climbing is easy but once you want to go down Connor sometimes fails when trying to grab onto the branches causing the fall and died instantly.
    The horses get stuck in the ground at times, riding a horse through the woods can be very frustrating because the controls do not respond at all well.
    Also, people and horses sometimes disappear in front of you for no reason
    Sometimes trying to escape from the guards in a town can be difficult because Connor tries climbs the first thing that crosses instead of running.
    Muskets sometimes do not work or can't be grabbed. The music leaves much to be desired, the lack of Jesper Kyd is just remarkable in this release.

The only thing that amazes is the visuals and graphic, it looks beautiful but this is not enough.
    The naval battles are entertaining, same with hunting animals, but only for a while.

The Multiplayer was interesting until they decided to add micro-transactions, so you will always be at a disadvantage if you don't spend real money in ''Erudito Coins''. An absolute disgrace that totally kills the competivity in this game.

This is a big shame. I am a fan of AC since its first release and it was always one of my favorite franchises but this installment damaged its name and reputation forever
    Never have I felt such sadness and anger at the same time since Mass Effect 3. And to think I spent $ 80 dollars for this.

The hype has claimed another victim. I wish I could go back in time and prevent myself from spending this big amount of money in this mess.

I could go on all day because there are so many more problems that i haven't mentioned.
    Not to mention that in this game i feel like an errand boy instead of an assassin.
    Like someone said in one of these reviews, this should called ''Errand's Boy Creed'' instead of ''Assassin's Creed''.
  18. May 24, 2014
    Assassin's Creed 3 is a pretty disappointing game. I find that the game lacks focus and places too much emphasis on pointless side missions, which are often tedious and without any depth or background story to them. I'm also beginning to get tired of seeing games implement collectible quests, as if developers think they're a good substitute for proper side missions (they're not).

Not
    only has mission design been degraded, but so has the interface. Whether you're playing on KB and mouse or controller, navigating the menus is nothing short of tedious. It seems the devs have decided that flashy menus are more important than functionality. Having to navigate more sub-menus upon more sub-menus is not quick and easy. Neither is slowly scrolling through the weapon wheel in the middle of combat. Why they decided to change all this is beyond me.

Environments are also very disappointing. I understand that devs have to abide by the generally boring architecture of 1770's America, but I've never explored an Assassin's creed city as empty, dull and full of nothing as Boston and New York (which are virtually the same). The frontier is no better. Sure it's large, but that only serves to make travelling from one point to another more boring and tedious than readng Shakespeare. I could go on about the game's flaws, but there'd be too many to list. At least the game has fairly decent visuals and a nice soundtrack, so there's that.
  19. Dec 20, 2012
    So far it's good, not great though. the graphics have improved over Revelations and the gameplay is a lot simpler (for the better) BUT in pretty much half the missions you have absolutely no idea what to do and after failing a few times you figure out how to progress, plus the actual design of the different levels you get thrown into during missions is herendous, it's almost impossible to get 100% synchronization in most levels, I still have no idea what the developers were smoking when they designed these areas and it is extremely infuriating. The story is alright for an AC game and some of the characters interesting, but most are pretty one-dimensional and boring as heck. Overall it's leaving me a bit disappointed, it's like Ubisoft added some really interesting mechanics to the game but at the same time COMPLETELY butchered what made previous games great, and forgot how to design levels in the process, AND completely threw away any form of guidance to help you figure out what the hell you're doing half the time. This is supposed to be a great starting point for new players to the series but if an AC veteran that has played every single game in the series gets totally confused and frustrated half the time how the heck is someone new to the series supposed to get through the entire campaign?? All in all AC 3 is basically a mess, a shiny mess, yes. But still a mess Expand
  20. Dec 29, 2012
    Expected much more than I got. It really is unfortunate that they'd incorporate such a bad ending in an attempt to milk the series in the future. Don't expect anything groundbreaking.
  21. Dec 4, 2012
    First let me address the things I like about the game. The fighting has improved, in that it is much more difficult; in the previous Assassin's Creed games, you could literally just hold a button and block every attack. Not in this one. There is a much wider variety of things that you need to keep in mind when battling. Still, once you are familiar with all of these things, you will never be hit and it does become a bit repetitive. The combat system still needs some serious work before I can call it perfect. Hunting is amazing. It's a great way to pass the time on the way from point A to point B. At first, when the game was introducing hunting to me I was like "Oh boy, this is just another stupid gimmick that's going to force hunting requirements on me". For the most part, hunting is completely optional, and all of the animals react differently. Some can be caught in snares, but larger animals obviously can't. Once you're done hunting you can go to the store and sell all of your pelts, fangs, claws, meat, and other animal products. It's a very satisfying feeling and the game doesn't force it upon the player in any way. If you find it fun, great. If not (I think you should reconsider), don't worry about it because you'll never have to put up with it. Climbing in trees works wonderfully. I had some concerns about the tree climbing; I thought perhaps it would be a bit clunky and wouldn't work properly. One thing I have to say I don't like about the climbing is that they took away the ability to leap up and grab a higher ledge, a trick implemented in Assassin's Creed 2 I believe. I will definitely miss doing that because it made climbing a lot faster. I also really enjoyed the naval missions, finding treasure, battling with other ships, etc. Finding Captain Kidd's treasure is the greatest side mission in Assassin's Creed so far in my opinion. And of course, the main storyline is captivating as always. I mean, come on, it's Assassin's Creed. Now I would like to address the things I don't like about the game. You can manually aim now which seems like a great idea, but it was so poorly implemented. First of all, you can't aim for the head, if you put your cursor on their head, it will auto-adjust and move to their body. Players that can aim well should be rewarded with one hit kills for aiming at vital spots. You also can't shoot freely, despite that you can aim manually. So what's the point? All it does is give you a bit of extra range (maybe 5-10 feet or so), and it auto-adjusts for you if your aim is poor. This was very disappointing for me because since the first Assassin's Creed I have been saying that you should be able to aim manually, and when it was finally implemented, I expected it to be done well. I fear that rather than perfecting the aiming system, Ubisoft may decide to scrap manual aiming altogether. Another big problem is the optional objectives. Some of them are so poorly done that if you want to get them, you'll be restarting the mission 10-20 times. Don't get me wrong, the problem isn't that the optional objectives are hard. I have 2 problems with them. Number one, they're poorly implemented. They're horribly inconvenient, they often rely on luck, and the game often does not set the player up for a fathomable way to complete the optional objective. Look at missions like the one where you have to destroy two British ships by swimming out to them and planting bombs. In that mission, they want you to kill one of the captains with an aerial assassination. But it's like they intentionally set it up so that this is horribly inconvenient to pull off. Look at the mission where you have to shoot groups of approaching enemies with the cannon. They want you to take two groups out with a single cannonball. No good player would really feel accomplished once they pulled it off anyway, because they would know that it relied almost purely on luck and not skill. Look at the final naval mission; the one where you have to destroy 2 frigates and a man-o-war by attacking their weak points. It's ridiculous, and anyone who has tried it would have to agree, unless they were either insane, or being paid by Ubisoft to just lie and say they disagree. Anyway, the second reason I don't like the optional objectives is because they limit the player. They tell you to complete the mission in a specific way, rather than letting you assess the situation and formulate your own course of action. Let us think for ourselves, that's part of the fun. Or rather, it SHOULD be. Another thing that I don't like is that the game is heavily consolized. We constantly have to pause and interrupt the action because Ubisoft refuses to utilize more hotkeys for PC players. Overall, the game is not what I wanted it to be. I expected a 10/10. You still have a lot to perfect Ubisoft, but this was definitely a step in the right direction. AND PUT MANUAL AIMING IN AC4. DON'T SCRAP IT. DO IT RIGHT. Expand
  22. Jun 8, 2014
    I have a bit low-hate relationship with the Assassin's Creed games: I love the environment, the quest variety and the collectibles, but I sometimes have to scream loud if I fail an optional task for the 50th time... Luckily, the AC3 seems to have been improved on this aspect. I had far less tough cases than in previous games. Well worth buying it on a 50% sale.
  23. Mar 29, 2014
    Assassin's Creed 3 still managed to retain the awesome storytelling of all previous AC titles. Aside from some bugs and optimisation issues in this game, this game is extremely fun and enjoyable.

Breaking off with everything related to the whole Ezio/Altair story, Desmond Miles uncovers the past of ancestors, Connor Kenway (Ratonhnhakaton) and his father, Edward Kenway.

The best
    title in the series, rich in content, Tyranny of King Washington DLC is phenomenal.

Play length is about 30-35ish hours.
  24. Aug 11, 2013
    A fantastic game, if you can get it to work... I had to overclock my graphics card to prevent the game from crashing every 20 mins and then at one point I had to completely re-install the game because of some uplay nonsense (at least my save was still intact). Moving on though.

The graphics are amazing! I will say that some actions/activities were poorly explained or not even explained
    at all (how to tackle, training your recruits) and some other activities seemed completely useless (crafting and trading, building the homestead). There's a little too much unnecessary exploring, searching, and extra objectives for my taste, but these are generally optional. It's probably 50/50 whether the optional bits actually add to the experience or detract from it. The main missions are where the game shines though. The story is well done and I enjoyed following Connor's journey from child to adult and seeing his actions intersect with famous historical moments. Of course there's a ton of great fighting involved and it was a lot of fun trying to be stealthy. Loved the George Washington DLC as well, completely worth the money. Expand
  25. Nov 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Unfortunately, this is the first Assassin's Creed game that I wasn't fully enjoying the whole time and frankly, found many passages to be boring and annoying. First of all, Haytham Kenway was an AWESOME character. Cunning, intelligent, sophisticated. Switching to that angry kid in the middle of the game was very disappointing. The story didn't make much sense to me either. Let me explain. Ezio, for example, had a motive, the people he was after killed his family. This douchebag? He just goes around killing templars that are actually doing GOOD things and haven't done anything that much wrong, helping people that are manipulating him and are the same, if not worse, than the Templars he's after. Killing his own father tops that all off. Sure, I get it, Connor is an assassin and they are Templars. But is he really that dumb that he can't see the relativity of the situation? He's helping people with certain interests kill people with different interests, but all he seems to see is "good" and "bad", not even trying to think about what he's doing and what a ridiculous little pawn he is. The idiocy of Connor really ruined the game for me.

Lets sum this up, a beautiful living world, fun combat, countless hours of gameplay.... all ruined by having to play as a complete fool who kills random people that he shouldn't care about and doesn't even know why. I'm still giving this game a solid 6, because it did bring some innovation to the already amazing AC franchise gameplay wise (naval combat, for example), but Connor and the story were an enormous let down (and the boring linear missions).
  26. Dec 3, 2013
    As Assassin's Creed fan I expected more. This is a huge downgrade from previous games. Extremely buggy and unpolished, even after multiple patches. Combat is streamlined and way too easy. One of the good things is that AC 3 looks stunning, both the combat and landscape.
    The new protagonist is dull and unlikable. The story inside the animus is mediocre but the story outside is extremely
    dumb and lacking. The gameplay has been dumbed down and is worse than Revelations, less smooth. I love the American setting, it's realistic and immersive but cities were not designed well, stealth is frustrating and navigating through cities quickly is a chore more often than not.
    It has many mini-games but most aren't interesting at all except maybe naval combat which was pretty damn good.
    Overall it's a huge let down and it gets only 6/10.
  27. CBZ
    Nov 24, 2012
    Big fan of the series, I have played and replayed all the AC games. I have to say I am VERY DISAPPOINTED with this game so far. To be fair, I have to say that I'm at the beginning of the story but there are already so many things that bother me that take all the fun away and playing feels like a chore. The boat trip to arrive to america is so irrelevant, I just cant understand why they included it__1__ The mechanics have changed to worse, the controls have been simplified (probably to make it easier for a controller). Basically everything you need to do is done with the "E" key. __2__ there are cutscenes everywhere, and take all the immersion away. At this rate, on the next AC game you will have a cutscene every time you take out the sword.__3__ Boston (i havent seen NY but I imagine it will be similar) has wide streets and its almost impossible to reach your destination climbing and jumping through the city's roofs. Basically the developers took AC's essence and wiped they butts with it.__3__Graphics are on par with previous releases, good enough.__4__I cant say much about the Multiplayer since there are not enough players to even start a game. Expand
  28. Nov 24, 2012
    I dont know what happened. Did they just dumbed down one of the most popular franchises of all time? I am a huge AC nut. I've played all of the AC titles including the NDS AND smartphone games, and have played through AC1 3 times, AC2 4 times and AC:Brotherhood 3 times. I love the franchise, despite what felt was becoming more of a CoD-scheme of release since AC2: one game/year with the same engine and pretty much the same mechanics. When they announced that AC3 was coming and this time with an enhanced engine and different gameplay mechanics I was pumped. How wrong I was. Firstly, the technical issues. I played the PC version, a version which has been heralded as a 'well-made port' from the console version. WHAT A LOAD OF BS. My PC, which runs Crysis 2 on high with decent framerates and all the AC games on 60fps+, cannot even run AC3 properly, with fps dropping below 20fps. I tried lowering the resolution to a dismal 800 x 600. No change to the fps. I tweaked the ini file and my driver settings (which have been updated to the latest version, thank you very much). Still the same. For review purposes, I gave up on the PC version and played the 360 version. And guess what? This is NOT AC anymore. There are so many technical glitches and bugs that it just felt like a joke at times. The emphasis on the frontier woods and smaller 'cities' means less roofs to stalk and less exploration. They basically just dumbed down the a critical element of the franchise (CITIES) and encouraged players to explore the repetitive, derivative wilderness to kill animals. Dont get me wrong. There are still a lot of things and missions to do in the cities but overall, its a huge step down from previous games. The combat...my God, why WHY did they have to change the combat mechanics???!!! It was perfect and exhilarating before - AC1: it was too easy, AC2: they improved it, made it awesome, AC:Brotherhood: Even more refining, now brilliant, and finally, AC: Revelation: they perfected it. In AC3, the combat just felt so unfluid and felt so disjointed at times that it wasn't as fun as previous times. The controls are different too and shooting is such a pain in the ass that you'll be using the tomahawk and Assassin blade in 99% of cases. The naval combat is cool and is praised by critics as a strong point but its basically more of a visual fest than actual side game. We've all done it before in previous AC games using carts and war machines instead of ships. Its the same fair and at times its linear as hell. Visually, its good. But seriously, this is the SAME ENGINE as the previous AC titles despite Ubisoft promoting it as a revolutionary new engine. It looks the same as AC2 but with more intricate texturing and dynamic shadows. Thats pretty much it. Just like how IW market CoD sequels as having enhanced engines, for AC3, its basically the same visual fair as the previous titles so dont expect anytime too fancy. Overall, whether you like AC3 depends on you: If you're a big AC nut like me, you'll notice the changes & glitches, cut yourself and curse Ubisoft for it all but still play the crap out of it anyway. At its core, AC3 remains moderately true to its mechanics with a decent plot and ends Desmond's tale. Oh yea thats right, the ending. Its almost as bad as Mass Effect 3's ending so all I can say is...prepare yourself. As for those who haven't played AC titles or only played them sparingly, you'll definitely love this game. The PC version is definitely the superior version with highly noticeable graphical enhancements as well as patches for the niggles that the console version had been experiences. Ultimately, if you do have a console, pick AC3 up for that as the PC version is, despite its bells and whistles, a very VERY poorly optimized console port that I wont continue to play until Ubisoft releases a patch to fix the issue. Seriously guys, even the PC version of Dark Souls, a game that basically spits PC gamers in the face with a lack of graphical options, had better optimization. In the end, AC3 felt like a rushed job with poor design decisions that would polarize gamers and will leave fans of the franchise disappointed. The endin Expand
  29. Oct 20, 2013
    I picked up AC3 on a Steam sale ($12.00 USD). It's difficult to justify paying full price for an AC game just because they're released every year and, frankly, the last few iterations aren't as deep as AC2. That said, this is a good game and am enjoying it (especially for 12 dollars). There are some issues with it, but mostly they're out of AC3's hands. The Desmond Miles plot need to be ended, it was very poorly implemented to begin with and I'm not sure if Ubisoft thought out what they were trying to do with the character. The heart of the issue is that Desmond Miles is, basically, portrayed as a life drifter who is yanked from obscurity and thrust into significance by fate. He doesn't have to work to develop his skills, the Animus does it for him. So, it's basically the Harry Potter or Twilight plot themes that resonate with young adults, an audience composed mostly of people who haven't yet worked for anything or have any real world responsibilities or concerns. It's hard to sell this theme to the type of player who enjoys adult themes of revenge and justice. It's misplaced here and it should be ended or at least very severely downplayed. When AC3 shifts gears from colonial times to the modern plot line, the change is jarring and I can't help but laugh at the juxtaposition; Conner spends years planning and training, Desmond become an Assassin by sitting in a chair and playing through "memories". It's ridiculous, it makes me chuckle whenever Desmond scales and climbs objects when his body isn't even physically trained for it. The release schedule for AC games is too aggressive, they're all beginning to look and feel the same, despite some laudable efforts to change setting and mood between each title. At most, they should be released every 18 months; 12 months is too much. Beyond that, good game. I look forward to playing this November's AC4 NEXT year. Expand
  30. Jul 16, 2013
    TERRIBLE. I'm a HUGE fan of the Assassin's Creed series. I loved the first one, and I loved Revelations. But this game. Jezus... I gave it a 1 because of the graphics. But that is everything positive I can say. The story was bad and the combat wasn't smooth. There are way to much bugs, so I won't start with that. I never played as Connor because I just gave up on the game. And BTW, since Assassin's Creed III, it's not an assassin anymore. It's still called Assassin's Creed, but they are dropping the character of an assassin more and more and it starts to become more of a pirate than an assassin. Which I don't like. I'm not looking forward to AC IV because I believe it will be as bad as this game. If they actually listen to these reviews, then they should drop their whole Assassin's Creed IV concept that they have now and start all over with the will of the gamers. Expand
  31. Aug 15, 2013
    This game bloody sucks, worst Assassin's Creed game and just bloody poor design overall.. The save system as with all the other is crap. In most of the missions you have to complete EVERYTHING, including the bonus synchronization tasks, in one go...in other words if you mess up just once you have to start the mission from the very beginning no matter how close you were to completing it, THAT BLOWS. This game is also segmented more than the others, you keep getting cut back and forth between free roam and cut scene a lot which makes the flow disjointed and jerky. Also, the geometry and collision detection sucks as you will find yourself constantly getting stuck on the ground, or even things you're supposed to be able to climb. Horses get stuck in corners A LOT. Lots of random new game mechanics pop up at times too making gameplay feel inconsistent, things like quicktime events that all use different mechanics and that crap. As for sound and visuals and story this has all the Assassin Creed trappings except for the mechanics and gameplay..they suck. Mission save points suck, we need manual save, and the whole game interface, that animus layout interface sucks, it has ALWAYS sucked. Also, this game doesn't give you a clear idea of what you're supposed to do. Sometime you have NO idea what is supposed to be done. Other times they flash directions in the middle of the event as it's happening but it's too fast to read them so what to do when can be very confusing at times. This is a piss poor mess of bad gameplay, interface, clarity, saving. If it doesn't have to do with the visual appearance, sound, or story then it sucks. Expand
  32. Ndi
    May 2, 2013
    What a joke. After riling up users about a not-a-port PC game, this latest game is a disaster port. Poor use of resources, low performance, mediocre story from Connor on, "accurate" historical events that were then butchered on purpose.

And what's been shocking is that I liked AC1 and 2+all connected games. I though Revelations was great, in spite of what everyone said, because it was
    about assassins.

I've been watching most of the game on Youtube because my PC can barely run it, since I only have 4 overclocked cores and 2 video cards. Oh well, serves me right. For half of the game, I thought I was watching Skyrim, minus the dragons. Walk, talk, walk.

And the Desmond stuff.

I owe ME3 an apology.

Either play on a console, or run. Just run.
  33. Nov 11, 2013
    Fantastic game. Great voice acting, story, gameplay mechanics, immersion, graphics. Everything is top notch. People giving this a negative review/score have no idea what they are talking about. Somebody thought it was cool to start a "AC3 hate bandwagon" and a lot of people decided to jump on. Most of the negatives scores actually have completely wrong information and/or nitpicks that don't hamper the game. People also seem to hate the new protagonist called Connor, for some inexplicable reason. They are obviously stuck in the past with love for Ezio (protagonist from the last THREE games, may I add) that they cant fathom a new hero having a different personality and morals, values, passions. They simply don't understand him. Some people have also been complaining about glitches, even though I only encountered a couple small ones (I.e. floating weapon) throughout the whole game (keep in mind no game is perfect and these are miniscule). All in all, the game left me wanting more of Connor even after I completed the game (which took me 20 hours or so including side missions and collectibles) and I cannot wait to see what Assassins Creed 4 has to offer come October 2013. Expand
  34. Mar 28, 2013
    Assassin’s Creed III is the latest edition in the Assassin’s Creed franchise. It is the fifth main game in the series, set in the year 1750 takes place mainly within North America.

In this article I will be mainly covering the multiplayer aspect of the game and how well it compares with the previous games. In many ways, Assassin’s Creed III takes what elements work in the previous games
    and supplements them with a variety of interesting modes and objectives. After each battle you earn experience towards your next level up, with higher levels the players are awarded bonuses such as new abilities or other unlockables. When the abilities are unlocked, you can then unlock them for crafting which allows abilities to be enhanced in a variety of different ways.

The highlight of ACIII multiplayer takes the form of Wolfpack, which is a co-operative challenge, designed for 1-4 players. In this mode your objective is to take out targets stealthily in order to gain the highest number of points. Killing targets by charging at them or using the gun will earn you a low amount of points, in comparison with poison and stealthy kills. You earn a focus bonus if you wait next to a target for a few seconds before a kill, and promotes a ‘slow approach’ in order to maximise the point gain.

In Wolfpack there are 25 progressively harder sequences, each one requiring more points to complete while the player is working against the clock. Some of these sequences are bonus sequences where the player must perform ‘sync kills’ with their teammates, these require each teammate to attack the enemy within a small window of opportunity. When done successfully they reward the player with high points and a cutscene.

There’s also several modes which return from the previous games, such as my personal favourite which is Manhunt mode. In this mode you have four attackers and four defenders, after the first round, the attackers and defenders swap places. This keeps the game fresh and allows players to hone their skills in both offense and defense.

There are also other modes such as Artifact Assault which is a capture-the-flag type mode, Domination which is all about capturing locations from the enemy and Deathmatch, which is a free-for-all race to get the most kills.

Since each player can be stunned or killed in one hit, it’s important to emphasise the amount of hiding and cat-and-mouse antics that ensue within each game. Overall, this is a fantastic game and well worth it if you enjoy the multiplayer aspect of the series to date.
  35. Dec 23, 2012
    Honestly, I could almost copy my Far Cry 3 review over here since this game suffers from the same issues. AC3 as well is a prime example of mass produced casual garbage. It also suffers from a complete lack of creativity and vision, not to mention the same dreadful casualisation that aims to take all challenge out of the game and make everything so simple that even a monkey who fell as baby from a tree and badly hit it's head could do it. Why I'm giving it a higher rating than Far Cry 3 (Rating 1)? It's because the world is a little more immersive and you at least don't see blinking weapon and ammunition vendor machines in this game. Expand
  36. Jun 7, 2014
    Awesome. I got this game one year after the initial release and don't really understand the low user ratings at all. Possibly the game had many bugs when it was released and it still has some minor bugs. But as far as atmosphere, story, graphics and gameplay go, it's the best game in the series so far. Simply amazing and one of the best games I've played.

As always, I deduct one point
    because of Uplay. It's terrible and useless (for the customer anyway) software. Expand
  37. May 29, 2013
    Assassin's Creed III is pretty addictive and has nice graphics & sound but it's really buggy (much more than Assassin's Creed II). Those are annoying bugs where you sometimes can't take down the wanted poster, can't reach a treasure box because it's buried in the ground or you can go through closed gates. Not to speak of your horse getting stuck between trees. The graphics engine doesn't seem to be well optimized for AMD CPUs/GPUs. I have an FX-6300@4,5GHz and a Radeon HD 6870@985Mhz and sometimes frames per second drop to 25 FPS on full 1080p HD without any obvious reason i.e. at places where there is not much detail or in cities even on lowest quality settings. The game is sponsored by Nvidia so this might explain it. The sea battles are really a highlight of the game and could be even a stand alone game but they are not very well integrated in the story and overall gameplay. Overall I think the open world could be a bit more deep with more things to do, more houses to enter, more NPCs to talk to. More in the direction of a real RPG game. Expand
  38. Nov 22, 2012
    Lot of fun, very solid port, the controls are much better than the previous games, combat still feels a bit awkward but I will probably get used to it, the graphics are a big step up, the people look almost real, the environments lush and full of detail, and in the frontier there are wild animals that you can hunt and skin, adding further into the depth, trees and rocks are fully climbable, and adds a lot to exploration, the voice work is really high quality, and you meet a lot of founding fathers like Ben Franklin, Sam Adams, and George Washington. My only issue is that Connor is kind of boring as a character, he doesn't have the charm that Ezio had, but he's still pretty cool. Good game over all, worth buying if you're a fan of the series. Expand
  39. Nov 24, 2012
    First thing to hit you about this game is how badly optimised it is. The opening scene, which is set in a fores, makes your frames per second plummet. All this is but a taste to what is to come. Once you enter the city of Boston, the game becomes unplayable even in the lowest detail setting with frames dropping to as low as 20 fps. This is on a rig that plays Hitman Absolution and BF3 with no issues.

I guess this was expected since it is a Ubisoft game after all. Their console to PC ports are some of the worst in the business.

Gameplay wise, it's standard assassin's creed fare. Jump some buildings, kill some guards and hide in some things. Perhaps the gameplay would've been better without the infuriating performance issues.
  40. Nov 17, 2013
    When Call of Duty meets our famous assassin, what will it be? It will be this game. Nearly all the game missions are linear levels, with player and his companions shooting the enemies in surprise as stealth attack. Just like a COD game in the era of American revolution. There is no room for creativity and a sense of open world in the missions.

At the end, I just wonder if this is still
    an assassin game. I have really no feelings of involvement that the character is an assassin as in AC1 & 2.

3 marks are only for the decent graphic, good PC port and the introduction of naval combat respectively.
  41. Nov 21, 2012
    A better companion than previous 2 AC games because of its long development time ad money . Boston n New York looks good ... frontier hold its own fantasies . It is one of the best port of PC by Ubisoft . Obviously its not perfect Assassin's Creed game , there were even some bugs as well as bit pacing problem . But with Well refined combat mechanics , Great Visuals and Especial Naval Fights , you can spare your few moments to get yourself in this American Fight . Desmond section were bit average and could be much better but with well made mechanics and good game-play features ... GO FOR THIS GAME!! Expand
  42. Nov 30, 2012
    they ruined ac series with this abomination. Cities are boring, street after street looks the same. amount of guards on the streets/ roofs( ??) is ridiculous . Even in the middle of forest there are 9 men patrols walking in circle guarding snow. No idea why they made soo many of them, since you can kill them without slightest problems. Fighting never been so easy, still its ridiculous how many times you have to stab opponent to actually kill him. Main character is just some random dude, not even close to being so charismatic as Ezio. Missions are uninteresting, most of people I'm helping out i would rather leave to death. This game is much worse then Revelations and thats kinda a achievement. Expand
  43. Mar 21, 2013
    this game is really really bad dont buy it papapapapapapapapapapapappapapapapapapapapapapapapapapapapapapapappapapapapapapapapapapapapapapappapapapapapa
  44. Dec 28, 2012
    AC3 has its own story and should not necessarily be compared with the previous AC storylines. What was needed was more missions. Yes, there is a bit too much dialogue, and I disliked the interruptions into the Animus/Desmond scenes more than I ever did before. The naval battles are great. Overall, it deserves a score of 9. Playability is great on a PC especially if you've played the previous AC series. I have played it twice and enjoyed it more the second time. Expand
  45. Jun 29, 2013
    A huge middle finger and disappointment to the fans. Connor is boring and unemotional. Doesn't really make you think about his plight. The story was terrible and the ending...The ENDING! I'm sure most fans were hoping for a great finish to the series, but no. Ubisoft takes its money grabbing greediness to the next level and the end just sets up for another, what? five? ten? more games in the franchise. I'm not going to buy any more AC games. They're just going to be travesties. Expand
  46. Feb 16, 2013
    Assasin's creed III is the best entry in the series, with the best story, fighting engine (which is bassicly the same but with some improvements), best setting (colonial america), and a great cast of characters with awesome voice acting. You can spent hours investigating the wilderness, or fighting with the guards wich is epic, and the soundtrack is very good. The only problem is the bugs and the ragdoll physics are too active sometimes you can even see the guards (while fighting with them) with they're legs and their bodies etc....If you dont have this game go buy it. Go now.NOW. Expand
  47. Sep 16, 2013
    I definitely enjoy playing this game. It's very familiar and practically unchanged from the previous instalment. I think this series is becoming more like the Call of Duty series with its cookie cutter linear, and repetitive storyline and gameplay. It was sad to leave Renaissance Italy, and personally I find the New World is not near the excitement as Florence or Rome.
  48. Dec 11, 2012
    After good AC1, much better AC2 and best AC: Brotherhood, we have here revelations and AC3. Sadly it seems that Revelations and AC3 were made with different dev team that made AC1-2. AC3 is probably the worst. Dumbed down to it knees, fight mechanic, free runing... everything. No options for player, everything is scripted. You cannot control when and where to jump. Just press ASDW and everything is done for you. Occasionally (or more often) you just press E and another script will do everything for you. Cut scenes on every move, "press E" on every corner.. Overall for completing the game you just need 5 buttons- ASDW and E. I was looking forward to this game, but it seems that i will skip this release and will just look at the end cutscene on youtube and im done.... Im very sad that developers slapdash last two releases and ruined my whole AC enthusiasm :( Expand
  49. Dec 1, 2012
    Beautiful, strange. The one time 'Nothing is true, everything is possible' game has become something else. Maybe this could be applied to the multiplayer? Anyway, this game puts you on a strictly set path for the mission parts. And I mean it, jump slightly off the course in a chase scene and you de-sync (die). There is a lot of open-worldness in the frontier and many achievements to go along with that side of the game. These two aspects are practically fractured from one another.

Multiplayer is fun, tons and tons of customization options for looks and abilities. Thankfully there is now a solid counter to the infamously op smoke bomb. You can spend real money to get stuff instead of using legitimately acquired 'animus points'. Bugs are everywhere in single player, I had a bear get stuck halfway underwater near me preventing me from looting tons of loot. I had a cannon ball get stuck in the air with its fast-moving air graphics all around it. The games you can play in bars and such are way harder than its worth to ever play them. There are no temples with associated achievements, dis-a-pointment!

Overall quality is great with it still being very much the same game, a watered down story and a deeper open-world aspect as well as deeper multiplayer. When has this series ever not been mildly annoying? I love having to overcome something, but sometimes its just downright annoying. Worth playing if only for multiplayer. Despite some shortcomings on expectations I still have to say I love this game and got way into it this time around.
  50. Aug 30, 2013
    When i played just 5 hours of this game i gave it a 9. I made a terrible mistake, this game is not that good. It has indeed a good story, and the Naval missions are the Jewel of the Crown. But the game is broken, the parkour elements are Broken, the Battles are way too simple, different weapons means nothing in this game. The best thing of the game, the naval missions, are so few in the story mode, that you can count in one hand's fingers. I am relieved that Blackflag's focus is on Piracy, i really hope they learn from their mistakes, Assassin's Creed is an awesome franchise. Expand
  51. Mar 31, 2013
    This game is OK! Its nothing special or awesome. Its also not very bad. In my opinion this game is a bit too long. (I didnt read the story after 20% of the game, quiet boring this stuff). In the end the cutscenes are too often and too long and the worst you CANT skip them. Thats not what i wrong from a good game you still need a skip button. I dont want to see the credits, iam not intrested in them but you cant skip them. (fail) The game has good graphics but the hair from characters are just terrible, even GTA IV had better hair. Also the controls are not very good. In some missions you need to sprint but sprint is also the climb button so sometimes you climb stuff up that you didnt even want. There are also no marks in missions. (I often failed because of that). Iam happy that i didnt buy that game. I got it with my new PC. Thats not a great game. It have some positiv some like the openworld, graphics in some ways, also minigames etc. etc. Never played AC1/2 and i wont play AC4 its not that good. Expand
  52. Jul 8, 2013
    The conclusion to Desmond's story has arrived and I have to say, I was a bit disappointed. The game introduces a brand new assassin and I had mixed feelings when playing Connor (assassin's name). Connor is awesome when he encounters enemies and obstacles throughout the game, but his a heartless character, which is a problem because all assassins from the series, shows us how they feel on a certain event. Connor and other characters from the story had short development, these characters were really interesting for the story to explore, if a game lacks character development then why should we care about these characters. The game looks really good, especially when your exploring the woods, which makes the graphics a perk, like if your hunting animals or just enjoying the woods, the graphics helps the game to be enjoyable to the gamers. The game has a lot to offer, it has a lot of side missions to complete, but are the side missions worth it or does it just feel lazy? Delivering letters and collecting almanac pages are side missions that makes the game experience dull, but their are other side missions that makes the game worth it, like the naval missions which were so addictive. Desmond does not evolve into something more than what he is, which makes him similar to Connor. The ending was a huge disappointment, it's like the writers of the game were rushing to finish the series.The multiplayer is a nice addition to the game, you assassinate a target and survive the assassin that's tracking you down are the objectives of the multiplayer. Assassin's Creed III has a lot of problems but the game was still enjoyable. I am going to give Assassin's Creed III an 8/10.h Expand
  53. Dec 29, 2012
    Its a copy paste AC game... There is absolutely nothing knew to this AC game besides the story. The gameplay is exactly the same as the others. If you want a good AC game take up brotherhood, where you have options on how to play along with an amazing story. Even the main character outside of the levels goes, "oh this again?" Whenever he begins a sequence.
  54. Nov 24, 2012
    This game is amazing. History, the plot, art, action, i like them all. It is good to see this revolution from both sides, it's very interesting and make people think about it. The natives could not protect their lands, is a sad thing in history. There are some troublesome glitches if you want to 100% finish the game; but you can still finish it, just have to spend time or Google it. The challenges are not easy, it takes time, and good for hardcore assassins. I give a 10 because it's history and art, it's so AMAZING. Expand
  55. Mar 19, 2013
    I've played every AC, and this is by far the worst AC of them all. The Desmond story is OK, I actually enjoyed playing a bit more as him. However, the Connor story just sucked. Connor is an idiot who keeps making stupid decisions while he actually thinks he's doing it right. The American Civil War looked like an exciting setting, but it failed, a lot. 1/3rd of your time you will be in a forest called Frontier, a depleted forest. I was missing the awesomeness of Florence, Rome, Istanbul, Venice, Acre, etc etc already as soon as I entered this area. I don't want to spoil the story for you, but it ends with a major cliff hanger. All that comes with glitches and bugs, the useal side missions that are boring and repetative and the fact they got rid of some nice weapons and techniques (in both climbing & fighting) from previous AC's. Expand
  56. Dec 1, 2012
    I have been eagerly waiting for this game for a year. But it seems that the game hasn't lived up to the roaring expectations. It's just another installment in the series which went wrong since Revelations. The same story as Revelations - side missions are boring and dull, nothing much to do and the story is kind of dull. And yes, one thing I found peculiar was ''WHERE THE HELL ARE THE SHOPS?". No, seriously, where were they. Also WANTED POSTERS were almost nil. And another depressing thing is the time spent in the frontier which is boring.
    The graphics are beautiful and the characters are well designed. The voice overs look extraordinary and the scenic beauty are worth a while.
    But the missions are mundane and there is nothing to do while you roam except hunting and looting the cargo.
    Please UBISOFT, have you forgotten what made Assassin's Creed a great franchise?
  57. Jan 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game didn't quite grasp the full extent of the Assassin's Creed series. In my opinion AC Revelations & Brotherhood are the best in the series. This game however didn't live up to my expectations. There's no final boss battle! You will just kill the final Templar & then the credits rolls up.There are no character developments either. If you didn't read the Animus database, you wouldn't even know who really is Achilles & how the Colonial Brotherhood was disbanded. The story is great but the narration sucks. Ubisoft became lazy after Ezio's success on his past three titles. The naval combat also doesn't really make a difference. I also would prefer Jesper Kyd's music over Lorne Balfe's. AC3's music didn't really impacted to me unlike the past titles. There are very few synchronization points & very few maps. Expand
  58. Feb 16, 2013
    This is a pretty good game. It has some insane quality smoother and much more improved physics with more detailed combat than previous games. The game has a very cinematic feel to it, but the inconsistency is confusing along with the very slow progression.
  59. Jan 27, 2013
    I cant decide between 7 or 8, but overall a very good game. It has a huge open world and free runnning in this game is WAY better than the its previous. It has more bad than good but its good is good enough. It is very challenging and unique in every way. The missions sometimes feel repetitive and kind of a chore. The cinematics are WAY too much but nicely made. The boat missions are tiring and pretty much a waste of all the fun you will have with the game. The game super exciting at some parts and will leave you with memories. Connor's gameplay is probably the most balanced and best I've played. Hunting is fun and Desmonds missions are a thriller too. The game does seem a little overblown and inconsistint but if you minus the chores in this game, its GREAT! Expand
  60. Apr 14, 2013
    I love the story, the characters, the world they have created of the colonies is wonderful... But it appears they have bitten off more than they can chew at ubisoft. The game play is mediocre at best, and buggy at worst. I usually aim to get completion of these games, but I found myself just barreling through to get the story, and then uninstalling once it was complete. The fact of the matter is the bugs over ride the fun in the game and just make much of it a chore to complete. It feels as though this game could have used another 6 months in development just getting the issues worked out. Sad.
    I want to love it, but its just so...... meh.
    I can only hope ubisoft reworks their game play mechanics for the next version.
  61. Apr 29, 2013
    As a long time fan of the assassins creed game series, i was seriously disappointed with this game, while the graphics and physics were great and i have to admit the premise of the game sounded very intriguing. it just didn't play out that well at all. The game has many bugs and glitches that make game play rather annoying at times but as these have been covered in many other reviews i wont get too into that here.
    Now what really p***d me off about this game was, well for starters it almost seemed as if they had 2 teams working on the game, one making assasins creed 3, and another clueless to the series making an rpg based on a young native boy trapping and selling furs, and they just mashed them together, for example, gone is any resemblance of the stealthy sneaking around and assassinating people, this game is far more about button pounding hack n slash battles against 20-50 gaurds at a time then you have the completely annoying naval missions which wouldn't be so bad if they were just side or optional missions, but no this was a main mission in the story the ship controls were horrible and very difficult to get passed and again, wtf does this have to do with assassins creed? Then you have this whole thing of hiring craftsmen and workers to fill a town to make goods for you to sell, gather resources, craft items, etc etc,, LOOK, if i wanted to play minecraft, id play it, i wanted to play assassins creed 3, no such luck this time though.
    Anyway i could go on and on about how bad this game is, I will just say, if you never played assassins creed before, check it out you might like it, however if you are a fan of assassins creed, do not get this game as it will ruin it for you.
  62. Sep 7, 2013
    This game is good. Its not quite something new. This game's is both not great or awful. Assassin's Creed II's better. The storyline of this game and the graphics are the two amazing things in this game.
  63. Dec 26, 2012
    First of all, I never finished brotherhood, so I had to go back and play it again. Then I had to Play Revelations because I had never played it, just finished that one 2 days ago. First of all, let's start comparing Assassin's Creed III to Brotherhood. In Brotherhood, you were practically thrown into the city of Rome, with no armor, limited weapons, and no money. But, you had the opportunity to go around exploring and climbing viewpoints. The viewpoints revealed Borgia Towers, which after liberated, would reveal new shops to renew, thus you would make more money. By contrast Assassin's Creed III is set in Boston, and although there are viewpoints to climb, there is no reason to climb them, because there is nothing to do. All the viewpoints do is reveal the map and that is it. Don't expect the familiar areas to liberate, shops to renew, weapons and armor to buy, assassins to recruit type of deal. All I have been doing so far in this game is finishing one main mission, watching a cut scene, then going to another main mission and watching another cut scene, then once again going to another main mission with a huge cut scene. There are only two side missions: collecting almanac pages and courier missions. The courier missions give you money, but it is useless, because there is nothing to buy and no shops to buy anything from. All you have is a pistol, your assassin's blade and a sword, which you buy at the begging and that is it, that's pretty much all you get. For the past few cut scenes, the story line is centers on Conway liberating other dudes, although he says he's going to explain why, he still hasn't...hopefully I will find that out after I watch a little bit more cut scenes. If you are planning to buy this game, I warn you, it's mostly just an interactive cut scene as far as I can tell. The element's that make Assassin's Creed are missing thus far ( I am still in the Haytham Conway part of the game) there's nothing to do on the map, except walk to the next main mission. Expand
  64. May 11, 2013
    Assassins creed 3 is not as good as Assassins creed 2, but you have to admit, the innovations they added in AC3 are really awesome, and you have to realize the risk they took with making this game different.
  65. Jul 24, 2013
    this game was a huge disappointment. it could have been great, but they made it boring and glitchy. seriously, everything is boring. the character, the gampelay, the setting, the story, animations, etc.
  66. Dec 27, 2013
    The beginning of the game is very slow, but after a few hours it becomes very enjoyable. Another beef that I have with the game is that some side missions are a waste of time (e.g., listening to somebody's conversation) because you are not rewarded and/or the mission is just not fun. Despite all this, AC3 is a great game I have particularly enjoyed the never-seen-before naval missions!
  67. Nov 22, 2012
    Gorgeous game, game-breaking controls and AI.

First off- every British soldier in this game is a master marksman with XRAY vision and the reaction speed of a fighter pilot. Jump from one building to another, you just alerted a guard who was standing below you who takes aim- shoots you in mid air (1.5 seconds airborne from one building to the next) and using his IPHONE notified every
    single British in Boston to your EXACT location- Every British soldier converges on your location and using their extensive PARKOUR training they all leap from building to building to kill you. All while moving around the base of the building underneath you constantly tracking your location with their XRAY vision.

This coupled with the fact I have 1600 pounds and cannot buy a new outfit so I'm not the ONLY NATIVE IN BOSTON. While every soldier is on the lookout for... a native.
  68. Oct 6, 2013
    Well to be honest I thoroughly enjoyed the game.Ofcourse the game of this size and scope was sure to be plagued with bugs and with the recent updates the game has become quite stable Lots of people are complaining about connor being boring but he was supposed to be boring following the unfortunate events which occured in his life, I didn't see any reason to have expected a styled casanova. Concept of american revolution is great, fantastic score and character design.Cities do feel alive and naval battles were the best part of the game.Besides numerous bugs and serious character Assassins Creed 3 was hell of a ride... Expand
  69. Mar 12, 2013
    Along with Revelations the worst AC games ever. Revelations had bad gameplay and story. This one has a little better gameplay and an AWFUL story. If the player actually gave a damn about any of characters by the end of the game the ending would be considered as bad as Mass Effect 3. Truly it's that bad. The fact is that none of the characters are the same as they were in AC II (by far the best game in the series and one of the best games ever), they have been redesigned, ripped out of any true content and are just there to say the occasional capitalist propaganda. Actually, this game is a propaganda in and on itself, sexual innuendos all over the place (sequence 7 is a disgrace for the American history), Templars are made to look good, Connor actually is a wimp when it comes to his father (guess the creators have a really big problem with their sons or the new generation as a whole we' re gonna get you anyway :P) and generally it's just an effort after effort to make you doubt the Assassin ideals and turn over to money, for without money and insanity they can't rule the world. In any case, if there was a negative rating on Metacritic this game should have had it as it is the biggest disgrace to a once great series, that after Desilets left has just gone SO MUCH downhill. Serves good as a reminder though of how this system is starting to fall apart and tries any way it can to not lose the supreme control it once had. All these people serving the system are afraid and thank you for showing it so clearly every day. The times have already changed. Good luck with your downfall. :D Expand
  70. Jul 9, 2014
    Bugs, bugs and more bugs. And full synch is just free frustration, some constraints force you to play 200 times what doesn't deserve one single playthrough. Worst release of the franchise, by far.
  71. Dec 9, 2012
    Terrible consolitis. A mash up of all the game mechanics from previous AC games, makes the journey a confusing chore - disappointing because the story is very exciting... albeit with a rather flaccid ending.
  72. Mar 15, 2013
    Boring interminable unskippable cutscenes. One of the weakest stealth engines ever made (look me in the eyes and tell me the stealth aspects compare to Thief, Dishonored, Metal Gear, etc.). Combat is ok, but really it's just a less-fun ripoff of the Arkham City/Asyum melee engine.
    But here's the real problem: NO JUMP BUTTON. How do you make a platform game without a jump button? From
    the hype, I was hoping for a third-person Mirror's Edge, but all you do is hold down "run" and point the analog stick and the game plays itself. It's like a barely interactive cutscene. Imagine if you were playing an FPS where you just held down a "safety off" button and the guns all fired automatically whenever an enemy wandered into the crosshairs. Doesn't sound fun, does it? Neither is this. Expand
  73. Jan 20, 2013
    I may not know the whole story of ac3 , cuz this is my first ac game . It is great the player understands what thing you want to do (climbing a building killing a soldier etc) the control is fluent and the graphics just blew my mind a GREAT GAME!
  74. Apr 1, 2013
    This game is awful... I seriously want to write a long review but even then thinking about all of the bad just enrages me. Story was so predictable that I got to the part where you first get to sail your boat and gave up. That's it. I was done. I knew exactly what was going to happen. Wasn't worth my time playing if I knew the story already. What awful story telling Combat is boring more counter fun. Graphics are no big improvement but the visuals are great. The characters I don't even remember... seriously who was in this game? Never touched multiplayer as this game disgusted me to no end. It was... just... awful. There is no more Assassinating in Assassin's Creed too... I noticed as I watched my friend Livestream it he just tomahawked all his victims... there was no stealthy approach or anything... 2/10 because of visual... love of God gaming industry you're just failing. Expand
  75. Jun 15, 2014
    Quite a nice game.Yes,the AC story has nearly every one possibility to be imagined or designed in story background setting.
    I see that many who played through its story and replied with words like Berserker Connor,Barbarian RadoonXXXdoon,and some other,with a global in-game synchronization of 40% or less.
    The berserk ones are you,not the game's character.
    Enough good words for the
    game.I know that the word "Assassin" doesn't stand for its literal meaning in the game,while the naval part is a bit robbing the place of the "basic" part:stealth and open combat in civilized land areas.Just like the tower defense part in Revelations,as a sole one,it's a good one.But in the other hand,it is better than that tower defense:the naval game doesn't disturb players' gaming fluency,and it gives the players opportunity to experience it when they are willing to.
    Climbing becomes too much easier,as we can just hold a forward key on the keyboard or pad and just wait for Connor climbing up the cliff or a large house.
    I've encountered some glitches,including the interaction flaw in the last part of the Infamy part of Washington DLCs and reported to UBI's support team and replied without absolute resolving.Some people suggest that manually editing or changing the files to correct it,which means to replay the Infamy story.I just waited until the new edition released and found that the glitch was still there,this reminds me those annoying glitches in Revelations got reported but still existing today.
    I suspect that there are some designers who are homo in UBI and they used the games of AC series to express and hype their intention to get involved.
    Doesn't sound like positive comment?But it is.It deserves the try.
  76. Dec 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. SPOILER WARNING - This game was "RUSHED". I have absolutely loved every AC game prior to this (with some exception to ACR), and the buginess of the PC version can attest to that even though the PC version was released weeks after the console versions. Questions...why is Valley Forge in the middle of Massachusetts (Go to VF in the frontier then look at your world map)? Why is George Washington portrayed as some weak imbecile? Why did they lead us to believe this would be the last game in the series when they clearly set it up for another trilogy? Ubisoft really dropped the ball on their flagship series. I wouldn't mind waiting until after 12/21/2012 for a better game. Dear AC fans, we are now officially being milked... -___-; Expand
  77. Jan 29, 2013
    I enjoyed this game. Sure, sometimes missions were a bit too difficult and frustrating. There is a large number of glitches, though none game-breaking. Give this game a shot, it's worth it.
  78. Dec 28, 2012
    I've played (and completed) AC2, AC2:Brotherhood and AC2:Revelations....honestly, with AC3 I'm having more fun and I'm enjoying the story much more than with any of the previous releases.
    This story (AC3) is the best yet written in the entire series (from my point of view, of course). I mean, what the hell was Machiavelli doing in AC2:Brotherhood? And what about da Vinci? If you want to
    use such historical characters in a fictional renaissance story, at least take it seriously. In my opinion both characters were poorly represented/superficially conceived (like a sorry postcard), I found them embarrassing... In fact, not only historical characters were underdeveloped, I also think they could've improved Ezio's story a big deal if they had put a mind to it (I'm not saying it's rubbish, I'm just saying it could've been better). Don't get me wrong, AC2 trilogy was praiseworthy (for arcade open world standards) in my opinion.
    Concerning AC2 trilogy's story, I found it wanting in various occasions...on the other hand, I think that AC2:Revelations finale was very touching: Ezio meets Altaïr's skeleton, speaks to Desmond "trough the centuries" (great concept) and then retires considering his work fulfilled. I didn't really expect much from AC3, now I find myself delightfully surprised. I liked the story right from the start: you find yourself in the flesh of Haytham Kenway (England 1754), who is attending a revival of the "Beggar's Opera" in the Royal Opera House in London. He enters the auditorium, tries to reach his seat while stepping on other people's feet in the process and starts apologizing to them in turn (I found it hilarious and original, a great way to open the story)...he doesn't care for the opera, of course, there's something else in his mind...
    If AC3 was conceived like a movie of some sort, a lot of people would probably like it. This means that AC3 screenwriters have done a good job both establishing the main plot and designing characters, dialogs and scenes. For example, I'm still laughing at Benjamin Franklin's dissertation about the advantages of taking older women as lovers (this was a REAL letter by Benjamin Franklin written on June 25,1745. The game developers were simply outstanding here.).
    Perhaps the story loses some of its grip while playing Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor), but truth is that I like to hunt game and explore the native american forests, I like my tomahawk and I like the fact that the main character is a Mohawk who tries to defend his people and their way of life (mohawks in the game speak traditional mohawk, by the way, that's another merit of AC3)
    The music in this game is great (specially because of sailor shanties and native american tribal music).
    They introduced historical board games like the Roman Checkers (I love them).
    Now you can fight naval battles (unrealistic, OF COURSE, like almost all things in the AC saga, in case you haven't noticed). I see various people here complaining about controls, clichés, predictable turns of events, glitches, lack of immersion, lack of freedom, lack of creativity, dumb action scenes, unrealistic fights, etc.

1-As far as I can see, they mainly changed two key bindings. Now you use "E" instead of "Shift" and "Q" instead of "E"...that's about it...you can customize them anyway so I don't see the problem here. 2-There aren't more clichés or predictable turns in AC3 than they were in previous releases... I mean, I knew Ezio was going to beat everyone long before it happened...

3-Maybe it's just that I'm lucky, but my AC3 installation doesn't have those horrible glitches some people is talking about.

4-Personally, I can cope with the game's plot "jumping" between characters (this already happened in previous releases), so it's not a problem for me. Just one question to all people who is complaining about this: How do you expect to develop this plot (which is divided in different stories) without jumping between characters? 5-You can still explore Boston, the forests, the frontier, New York, etc. at your will. The game allows the player to do it... So I still don't know why there is people saying that you can't explore the scenarios freely. There are document fragments to be catched, trinkets to be found, messages to be delivered, naval battles to be fought, forts to be destroyed, trade to be established, game to be hunted, treasures to be claimed, missions to be completed,etc. Perhaps there are less sub-missions than in other releases, but there is still a lot to be done in the game, you can be busy if you want to.

6-For those who haven't noticed yet, AC series is COMPLETELY unrealistic.
    I mean: haystacks don't save your life, the world isn't some kind of "puzzle" where everything is placed to accommodate your magical acrobatics. Killing is not easy, "medicine" can't restore broken bones and bullet/arrow shots, etc,etc...
  79. Dec 28, 2012
    'I didn't know Zynga made themed boxed sets?' Having been a tragic fanboy of this series since way back at instalment #1, I found myself at a loss as to how to feel about this game. Even from the outset. YES they changed my beloved control setup, and YES the new animus interface is less intuitive than before. But then I wonder how many people would be whining about the lack of innovation in the new title if everything had stayed the same in that regard. I don't think the writing is the problem, because from the outset I LOVED Haytham, and I found myself drawn in to Connor. He may be a bit of a blank slate, but I don't think he is an especially WOODEN one. No. What bugs me about this game didn't really hit me until just before: it's all the mini-games. Granted AC#1 had an exceptionally simple set-up, (triply so if you played it on a console), and the AC2 trilogy addressed this by adding additional things to do, a few mini-games, and some interesting one-time mechanics in the odd side-quest or story mission. I started to get wary of all the extra padding though in Revelations with the new territory mechanic, and the tower-defense game, but THANKFULLY they weren't necessary to the completion of the game. There was still enough assassination to get you through the game without having to worry about it. AC3 though. The mini games aren't mini games anymore. It's as though someone's taken all the content of SPORE and made us play all the stages simultaneously. In Brotherhood or Revelations I could send recruits out on a mission and so long as there were enough of them with enough skill, they would succeed. In AC3 if I send a wagon to market and it gets attacked I have to track it down and defend it or lose the shipment. What happens if I'd rather just stab people than play farmville? Then there's the Naval part of the game. Bloody brilliant, but I need LOTS of money to upgrade that boat of mine which means lots of grinding away at babysitting caravans doesn't it? I could always try my luck at gambling but the use of games common to the era means I can LEARN the rules but they will take a longer time to master well enough to consistently beat the AI and make it viable. So the problem has become one of time... and I don't have time to play Assassin's Creed: Farmville the way it wants to be played. To completion, grinding away my life behind a keyboard playing an imaginary man's dead ancestor. Even with all the extra mechanics the game was fine (I actually loved the new mechanic for opening fast-travel spots), fine that is right up until I had a house and harbour to get up to spec. Then the game slows right down becoming instead of a quest for vengeance, it's a quest to be the richest man in colonial america, in what I can ONLY assume is some ridiculous attempt to pad out an ALREADY long game. I'm assuming at least. The previous titles were all certainly long enough without farmville attached. Imagine if Bioware had decided to pad out ANY of the Mass Effect titles by forcing you to engage in a spotlight stealing mini-game (and I use the prefix MINI loosely in this context) between story missions just so you can survive the next one. The game is simply too complex, and not in any good way. The story is lost under acres of clutter and would be much better served by some simplicity. It's telling that the more complex these games have gotten, the less I have replayed them. I played the first Assassin's creed to death waiting for number 2, and it wasn't levelling up my reputation with the thieves guild or having a guild den in every major port on the Mediterranean that did THAT, it was the context-dependent combat and the flawless execution of a mission that kept me coming back. NOT wanting to see how many wagons full of lumber I could get running back and forth to market (okay maybe there were SOME flags involved...). Expand
  80. Oct 16, 2013
    the game is out for quite some time now and still it keeps closing the tab of the game for me at random so i have to click back in and the map only works when it feels like are they actually serious about this? epic fail no were give about the PC users good job...
  81. Dec 3, 2012
    a good game but not great
    and i really like connor story but totally dislike desmond in this series
    I think in as2 series everything was perfect and i like ezio over connor as a real assasin
    but still its overall a good gaming experience...
  82. Nov 29, 2012
    I have to give a 5 score to the AC3,if im not a fun of AC series i may give 0.It's terrible,really.I dont know whether the ubi did it for PC or not,see the lockpick system.All the experience gives me the fact that UBI only concerns about the results on console.
  83. Dec 4, 2012
    Just to be clear, AC2 is the best AC game ever, but take AC2 away and review this game like the game is. Ok, let's start. The game is amazing. Just like I expected it to be. The graphics are good, no glitches, no cutting edges. The combat system is just like it needs to be. To be able to take down 30 guards is amazing. I did that when i took a fort. I also love the fact that it takes place in the American revolution is fantastic. Sorry for my bad English btw. I love that you're playing as Connor as a child to begin with, I had to laugh a couple of times when i first saw it. And when you are a teenager and you are getting introduced to the hunting system i was like wow, amazing system. And that you can find chests with stuff and cash is awesome. But the thing I like the most beside the story is to take over forts and free-running. The story was really good until the ending like people says, but i haven't played through the game yet, so I will leave that out of hand. But play through the game if you like Assassin's Creed. Expand
  84. Jun 13, 2014
    this port is unoptimized for the pc with constant fps drops. storytelling is good but is highly linearized .the world is less open ended than the previous game. the plus side of the game is its naval combat .
  85. Jan 15, 2014
    really enjoyd the game. the beginning is a little bit slow but after that you feel like you are involved in the american civil war. also there are not so many game elements that slow you gameplay, like in previews ac games like brotherhood. also the new setting is refreshing.
  86. Mar 7, 2013
    The introduction takes ages only to reveal something "shocking" which is totally not worth it. The city is dull, generic and the npc's say the same thing. The music is gone, you just run around a generic block town with identlical npc's in silence. This is the game: Run from A to B, cutscene, rince and repeat. When a game is trying so hard to establish a story by making the player sitting endlessly watching cutscenes, it's trying too damn hard. This is the first time I've uninstalled an AC game before finishing it, and it is sadly the last time I'll ever buy another. Maybe I'll play the old ones again, they still have value. Expand
  87. Jan 28, 2013
    Another solid game in the Assassin's creed franchise, I am not sure why it has been getting a bunch of negative reviews but I could understand people being frustrated with it. The combat is very fluid and easy to get the hang of. The park-our style of running, jumping and climbing is also very fluid, more so in this game than the previous ones. The graphics are very good, though I do miss the roman architecture of the previous games. The storyline is overall pretty good but can have some dull stretches. My main issue with the game is just how slow it moves, you can play for 6 plus hours and still not have unlocked a good chunk of side missions. There is a ton of stuff to do in the game but it can get overbearing. The ship combat part was not needed imo, the fun in the game comes from its combat mechanics and this just takes away from it. I liked the character you first play as but I had a hard time liking the main character (Connor). I never really got a good feel for him or his motives. You can tell just by playing it that they put a bunch of time into this game but you really need to be in it for the long haul, it is long drawn out. Sometimes AC3 feels more like a chore than the fun I had in AC brotherhood but it is a solid game. Expand
  88. May 24, 2013
    This isn't really as good as the other ones, because of the main character and the story, but the inovations that they added were good for the most part. Not as good as the otheres but still fun and DAT multiplayer is pretty damn good.
  89. Jan 17, 2013
    This game came included with my order of a GTX 660 Ti and I must say it was simply a dog turd included in the box. The downloading process was painful. The DRM is total bull****. The framerate was craaaaap! Everything went to **** after the boat arrived in the town, city or whatever. 20 fps on high settings! Wtf! Why include a game with my graphic card that doesn't even run on it? How was Ubisoft allowed to sell this broken pile of hippopotamus dung? If a game is unplayable, it's just not worth playing. Ubisoft, you're blacklisted to me. Expand
  90. Sep 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. F*cking terrible. This game has an atrocious story line, is filled with bugs and glitches and the world and setting doesn't seem right overall. You have to walk long a$$ distances between missions and you can kill about 30 trained British soldiers with only your fists. This game KILLED the Assassins Creed Franchise for good and is never coming back. Expand
  91. Dec 3, 2012
    If you are a PC gamer avoid this consolitus like the plague. Ported straight over to the PC without ANY adustments made for a mouse/keyboard setup [The indisputably superior controls over that neanderthal thumb wiggling device]

To the Assassin Creed 3 moron dev who said "PC gamers should use a controller when playing our game." You know where you can stick your console thumb wiggling
    device?

Save your money and buy dishonored on the PC instead of this dumb downed console game that is nowhere NEAR as good as the previous assassin creed games, Dishonored actually showed love for the PC control setup.
  92. Jan 4, 2013
    Game is rather dull and the character is not as charismatic as Ezio. Most of the time you will spend on the ground since there are not many rooftops to run on. The tree climbing is pretty linear compared to buildings... This is probably the most boring AC game I played so far. I uninstalled the game half way and watched the crappy ending on Youtube.
  93. Dec 6, 2012
    Ac3 is probably the most in depth chapter yet in the series. It redefines the whole series it is intuitive and challenging to play..but is quite shorter than expected but however it masters story telling and presents the game in movie style...the opening of the game will say it...
  94. Mar 2, 2014
    Almost a great game. But there are more than a couple of things in the game which prevent it from being as good as it should. The premise was always going to be sound. AC2 was an amazing game but AC3 does not build on it strongly enough and adds tedium and irritation to the gameplay by trying to do too much superficially. Colonial America doesn't seem as vibrant or immersive or real as AC2's Renaissance Europe. unfortunately, AC3 adds a lot of newer features to the game play which sometimes makes playing it tedious. the wandering around in the undergrounds beneath the cities just to find the fast travel points can be so frustratingly tedious it's more fun watching paint dry (at least then you can inhale the fumes ...) . The AI detection system is also sometimes wonky but more often than not, the detection rate can be frustrating (and sometimes it seems the guards also attack for no real reason even when you are no where near a restricted zone). The story-line and narrative isn't wholly terrible but it's not great either (at least no where near AC2). Unlike AC2 which gives a sense of character progression (without really engaging any RPG-like schemes - eg. ungrading armor/weapons, there isn't really a sense of character progression this time around). the crafting/economy/trading concept was interesting but mostly superficial. ultimately, it's sad that the most engaging gameplay (for me at least) in this installation of the Assassin's Creed franchise were the naval/sea battles. Expand
  95. May 29, 2014
    Game was fun, the story was good with the exception of the Desmond parts. Many people criticise the game for the story following up on the previous games with Desmond, I cannot comment on that however this game has great gameplay without comparison.
  96. Dec 7, 2012
    As a warning: I really like every title of the series. Seem to have a penchant for climing around and stabbing people in the back. ;)
    AC3 is by far the best title up to now, as its story is simply great and dialogues are very clever. If one cares to listen, these really outshine nearly all other game dialogues I have ever heard. If you like a bit of philosophy, that is. Graphics are
    great, gameplay in the forests is good, animations are fantastic and controls are way better than before. Oh, and don't forget the voice acting.

Only downsides: Some things a bit too tedious and it very often is much too easy, feeling like an interactive movie. And the crafting menue is needlessly complicated.

Bottom line: One of the best games I ever played.
  97. Jan 17, 2013
    This is one of my least favorite games so far within the franchise for a few reasons. Firstly the environment in comparison to the previous games is extremely bland, in comparison to the characters in the past their is no investment or reason to care about Connor and his story due to lack of personality and character growth. The start-up of the game is extremely slow. past the point of any story pacing and seems like a huge few hour delay before the game actually begins. The big staple of the series mechanics in the past were to use rooftop access to escape pursuers, but in this game you are penalized for it extremely as in within moments you'll have dozens of guards hone in on your position, while that is annoying enough when your at a distance their rifles magically and tremendously increase their firing rate. The campaign is broken in comparison o the other games in the series and can be buggy when climbing trees, ala Connor grabbing a hole in the tree on the third try doing the exact same thing ive been doing. The only upsides is the games combat is more fluid due to change of controls with different button mapping for the controller users. Multiplayer sees some ups and downs in this entry also with the inclusion of a more robust customization system. But once again that suffers from a environmental downgrade. Expand
  98. Jan 27, 2013
    A game that just doesn't stand up to the hype. Assassin's Creed 3 is slow to start up and drags its tail throughout the rest of the game. The music is highly unremarkable, notably so during segments between missions, where you are supposed to look for the bits and bobbles scattered around (feathers and viewpoints, mostly) as no music plays at all. The dead silence dulls the game and gives it a very tedious feel. Connor is incredibly bland as a character. His motives are very unclear, and his lack of characterization might as well place him as a silent protagonist. A definite step down from the wonderful Ezio (in 2 and Brotherhood).
    The only thing that really saves AC3 is its attention to detail, as it has thousands of location-specific animations and beautiful scenery (as long as you aren't in the underground tunnels, where quite a bit of pixelization and color messups reside).
    Would not recommend. If you want the best game in the series, play Assassin's Creed 2.
  99. Feb 27, 2013
    No Doubt that Assassin's Creed III compared to Assassin's Creed II [Which is my most favorite game of this generation] is a huge disappointment, since AC2 delivered a sequel that improved a lot of the mechanics of AC1, same was expected for AC3 to overcome AC2.

Sadly it didn't happen with this game, AC3 continues right after the ending of AC Revelations, And promises to end Desmond's
    Storyline, it does that only the ending itself is executed in the worst way possible! This time Desmond's Sections of the game include its own levels in Modern Day Era, there are 3 levels that are playable with Desmond only and while they are heavily scripted it was nice to see a change of scenery from the Italian Renaissance and the 18th Century America, the level design in these particular levels are very well done! However Something that is not well done is the facial animations of the Modern Day gang, they look Completely Different from the past 3 games, and Desmond himself looks the worst! This time around there's a new protagonist and a new era, Connor is a decent character but compared to Ezio he is really bland and boring. The New setting which is Colonial America is interesting and perhaps even Highly accurate but its not fitting the AC franchise since all of the houses are small compared to the huge buildings of Rome and Venezia, which is a shame since the Free Running mechanic in this game is the best in the series! Combat is slightly different this time, unlike in the previous games where most of the times you will be using a hidden blade this time you will be using an axe and a pistol, its not drastically different but its a good change of pace since the previous games. AC3 followed the tradition of including multiple Cities/Locations this time, as a full pledged sequel. [Since AC1 had multiple locations, and AC2 also Had multiple locations] This time you will be visiting Boston and New York with the addition of the Huge Frontier and Davenport Homestead. Frontier is particularly interesting since this time you can hunt for different animals, killing them with bows or the hidden blade will grant you their skin and sometimes even more, however shooting them will only give you a damaged pelt. The game is visually stunning however there are a lot of visual glitches which shows that the current gen of gaming start to show its age, Probably the best looking aspect of the game is the new Naval Warfare feature, which lets you control a ship and storm the Carribean and the Atlantic seas! Its a welcome addition to the series and probably the closest you will get to feeling like pirate in a video game.

AC3 in my opinion is a huge letdown, despite the combat and the free running being the best in the series the game feels rushed and the ending is extremely disappointing, there are too many bugs both visual and technical. MP is better than ever but only for those who like it! I Give this game a 8/10!
  100. Mar 14, 2013
    This is by far the worst, or rather said, the only bad AC game. Not only is it set in a boring time, with boring citys, storys, people, weapons and armors, but the citys are so small that there is almost no climbing at all. I cannot believe this is an AC game. They need to go back to the roots, keep the new graohics but go back in more interesting time zones.
  101. Dec 3, 2012

device?

Assassin’s Creed III proves to be, despite its promises, a rather indecisive game. It comes with so many strong elements, that it could have been the best Assassin’s Creed ever, but it fails to harmonically balance those elements. [January 2013]
  2. Jan 29, 2013
    Assassin's Creed 3 offers a spectacular way to fill in the blanks in your knowledge of the American Revolution - it never holds back on scope, drama or action.
  3. Jan 23, 2013
    What, no French revolution? For Europeans, birth of the United States is not really very interesting time nor environment. And after Ezio (or Haytham Kenway), Connor is bland, irritating protagonist. Game is also full of chores that add very little to the experience. [Jan 2013]