Assassin's Creed III PC

6.2

1. Aug 4, 2013
    one of the worst ports ive ever seen on pc, so many bugs, the system requirements are completely wrong, if you want to play with the minimum specifications you going to have a bad time.
  2. May 2, 2016
    This game is a buggy P.O.S. it is not playable, the "challenge" of this game is getting anything to work so you can in fact "play" it, i got this game in 2016 and it doesn't work, i have had people tell me this game was boring but i love ac 1,2,4 so i decided to come back and give it a far chance but i cant even play the game, i dont even have enough space here to list everything wrongThis game is a buggy P.O.S. it is not playable, the "challenge" of this game is getting anything to work so you can in fact "play" it, i got this game in 2016 and it doesn't work, i have had people tell me this game was boring but i love ac 1,2,4 so i decided to come back and give it a far chance but i cant even play the game, i dont even have enough space here to list everything wrong with it. the short answer is you cant play it, i am so glad i played ac 4 before this one cause this would have put me off ac forever, although it still may have put me off ubisoft games so i guess the same effect, If you dont want my money ubisoft fine just stop making **** ports this is disgraceful. Expand
  3. Jun 29, 2013
    A huge middle finger and disappointment to the fans. Connor is boring and unemotional. Doesn't really make you think about his plight. The story was terrible and the ending...The ENDING! I'm sure most fans were hoping for a great finish to the series, but no. Ubisoft takes its money grabbing greediness to the next level and the end just sets up for another, what? five? ten? more games inA huge middle finger and disappointment to the fans. Connor is boring and unemotional. Doesn't really make you think about his plight. The story was terrible and the ending...The ENDING! I'm sure most fans were hoping for a great finish to the series, but no. Ubisoft takes its money grabbing greediness to the next level and the end just sets up for another, what? five? ten? more games in the franchise. I'm not going to buy any more AC games. They're just going to be travesties. Expand
  4. Jul 16, 2013
    TERRIBLE. I'm a HUGE fan of the Assassin's Creed series. I loved the first one, and I loved Revelations. But this game. Jezus... I gave it a 1 because of the graphics. But that is everything positive I can say. The story was bad and the combat wasn't smooth. There are way to much bugs, so I won't start with that. I never played as Connor because I just gave up on the game. And BTW, sinceTERRIBLE. I'm a HUGE fan of the Assassin's Creed series. I loved the first one, and I loved Revelations. But this game. Jezus... I gave it a 1 because of the graphics. But that is everything positive I can say. The story was bad and the combat wasn't smooth. There are way to much bugs, so I won't start with that. I never played as Connor because I just gave up on the game. And BTW, since Assassin's Creed III, it's not an assassin anymore. It's still called Assassin's Creed, but they are dropping the character of an assassin more and more and it starts to become more of a pirate than an assassin. Which I don't like. I'm not looking forward to AC IV because I believe it will be as bad as this game. If they actually listen to these reviews, then they should drop their whole Assassin's Creed IV concept that they have now and start all over with the will of the gamers. Expand
  5. Jul 15, 2013
    Such a massive disappointment. Clunky controls, a set of unlikable characters and horrible mechanics really sum up a game that's too big for it's own good. The side missions, whilst numerous in amount, are pretty pointless and the main missions suffer at the hands of the control system. The mechanics initially seem like something that will become easier with the learning curve, but quicklySuch a massive disappointment. Clunky controls, a set of unlikable characters and horrible mechanics really sum up a game that's too big for it's own good. The side missions, whilst numerous in amount, are pretty pointless and the main missions suffer at the hands of the control system. The mechanics initially seem like something that will become easier with the learning curve, but quickly spiral into a comical cycle of "run, hit invisible barrier, be forced to lay waste to everyone, rinse and repeat." AC2 is by far and away, a much better title. Expand
  6. Aug 8, 2013
    You can't enjoy this game for more than 3 minutes without running into bugs and glitches. Not minor annoyances, but game-killing issues. I played v1.06, still it's a half-ready game filled with bugs... What could be 1.00 like? Was it even starting?

If you need to know anything about this game, go to youtube.com because here is nothing explained... You have to find out everything on your own. Like this game is made deliberately to be hated.

SOME of the bugs/glitches:

Map how to zoom back in? BTW AC1-2 and co. had some problems with the map it didn't centered on many times if you clicked on an icon. They fixed it. Yes, they removed... So now you can only drag the sorry map... Is it really that hard to make an interface that works? I mean, it's the 5th generation for God's sake... Thousands worked on them. Nobody cared?

The climbing is still POS, try the Beacon hill climb. The game screws it up for you... It jumps automatically into bowl up there and thats it... If you want to climb up, you have to try once-twice to know the game's glitches...
    Sometimes you can't climb up to a rooftop, he just stands there meditating. And if you're being chased... I wonder if anybody tested the game before release.

Sometimes, just walking around, you get suddenly chased by the guards... Why? And you kill them by the dozen, but they don't get less. What's the point? I'm in incognito, aren't I?

There are so many lock picking minigames, Why didn't just copy one of them, because this is the worst. You get through the left/right phase, and then he just pulls out the tool and you can start over... Why Connor pulls the damn thing out? He just found the right angle. It's a drag like every minigame here. Atrocious, annoying, stupid. Work of lazy developers without imagination...

This guy can climb things that no human can: windows, even a piece of plaster bears his weight. What he can't climb ARE ROCKS... Rocks, that most humans can with a bit of practice. So you spend hours on pressing the forward button, to round the rocks...
    Tree climbing is a pain. Not working as it should be or it just not working at all. You have basically the SAME tree for every lookout point. Still the basic commands aren't working. If you climb up, Connor looks around from BEHIND THE LEAVES, and because you cant see where you jump, you're dead. Atrocious game design and logic.

The inventory is confusing. Nothing explained. It's just amazingly bad. Buttons not working (backspace, space). It's version 1.06, I've been waiting to download 6 patches, one by one and still they didn't fix this issue.
    If you touch the mouse it's frozen. It's not a bad port, it hasn't been ported to pc at all. Basic stuff not working.

After a few hours of gaming when you have a task, e.g. to look for a treasure chest and you cant find it, you are not searching for it again, because you think it's a glitch again, that it's not there. You get use to the bugs...

It's the 5th generation of AC so now it was high time to introduce (on a regular base) the plague, the cancer of the gaming world (at least the pc, the console gamer take it), the Quick time events. YESS. So now if you have liked the series so far, now they convince you that you were wrong... From now on you'll be on a level of a 3 year old toddler push this, and then push that. I was so missing this...
    And if QTE, why isn't it enough to click the damn button once? I hit the E once or 6 times, still I die...
  7. Sep 1, 2013
    Worst game i have ever played. single player has like 5 million bugs multiplayer that doesn't work on ps3. Ubi give me my money back!!!!!!! if you like the AC series DO NOT BUY THIS PART.
  8. Jan 2, 2015
    good: setting
    good: setting
    bad:poor console port, retarded mechanics of parkour (annoying as **** poor characters, poor storyline, boring repetitive quests, a large portion of game is dumb and clearly made for kids, every good thing is affected by 30 bad things, bugs, bugs more bugs, too easy, except when you try to battle bugs, not even close to previous assassin creed titles, not even a big budget could save this fail of the game
  9. Nov 17, 2013
    When Call of Duty meets our famous assassin, what will it be? It will be this game. Nearly all the game missions are linear levels, with player and his companions shooting the enemies in surprise as stealth attack. Just like a COD game in the era of American revolution. There is no room for creativity and a sense of open world in the missions.

At the end, I just wonder if this is still

At the end, I just wonder if this is still an assassin game. I have really no feelings of involvement that the character is an assassin as in AC1 & 2.

3 marks are only for the decent graphic, good PC port and the introduction of naval combat respectively.
  10. Sep 13, 2013
    This game could have been a great experience, but the port is just dreadful. The game is heavily CPU dependent and will run like crap if you do not posses a rather fast CPU. Not to mention the AI not missing anything, can see through walls and the occasional bugs that completely kill any kind of immersion. One example is the no sound during cutscenes. How is this even possible? It worksThis game could have been a great experience, but the port is just dreadful. The game is heavily CPU dependent and will run like crap if you do not posses a rather fast CPU. Not to mention the AI not missing anything, can see through walls and the occasional bugs that completely kill any kind of immersion. One example is the no sound during cutscenes. How is this even possible? It works perfectly fine in the rest of the game. But to make things worse, Ubisoft is actively pushing out updates for AC3. But not a single update is addressing the performance issue.

If you have a i5, you'll still get playable framerates. 30-40 fps and if you overclock you can get even better performance. However for those PC gamers who have older CPUs, overclocking is a must to make it playable.

The gameplay is dumbed down and you just feel that you're watching a movie instead of playing a game. It is a shame that the latest installment is the worst one gameplay wise. The whole part about you being an assassin is gone. You just feel like the average hero fighting his way through waves of enemies. The story is pretty disappointing too.

If it wasn't for the horrible performance and immersion killing bugs I would have rather it a 6/10. But the current state of the port is unacceptable and a insult to every PC gamer.
  11. Sep 13, 2013
    Zero Optimization, impossible to play unless you have a 1.000+€ PC. When you reach the big city of Boston your FPS will fall to the 10-20 unless you have a graphic card worth more than 300 and even then your fps will fall to the 40-50, whats worse is that Ubisoft doesn't care as long as you have already paid...
  12. Sep 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. F*cking terrible. This game has an atrocious story line, is filled with bugs and glitches and the world and setting doesn't seem right overall. You have to walk long a$$ distances between missions and you can kill about 30 trained British soldiers with only your fists. This game KILLED the Assassins Creed Franchise for good and is never coming back. Expand
  13. Oct 28, 2013
    Assassins Creed 3 is definitely not the best in the series. The graphics were average for 2011 but the gameplay is still good. Story line is predictable and just plain boring. There are annoying narrative scenes after a big mission that are just plain stupid. But the main problem with this game is the NPC logic. In battle with a lot of NPC (4-10) one will be attacking you while the othersAssassins Creed 3 is definitely not the best in the series. The graphics were average for 2011 but the gameplay is still good. Story line is predictable and just plain boring. There are annoying narrative scenes after a big mission that are just plain stupid. But the main problem with this game is the NPC logic. In battle with a lot of NPC (4-10) one will be attacking you while the others just stand their and watch. Once you kill him another attacks you and so on and so forth. If you go hide behind a wall right next to the battle the NPC will just totally forget about you and walk off. This games was poorly constructed. I would not recommend this game to anybody. I'm only giving this a one because of the good gameplay. Expand
  14. Oct 17, 2013
    unfortunately can not say anything good about it when it goes down when coming into the shop to buy weapons. the first mission upon reaching the ship at the start of the game
  15. Oct 26, 2013
    This game in an exercise in frustration, the worst AC game
    I have ever played, it is so horridly bug riddled, that you can't
    complete the side missions, and the other is so god-damn boring, that you don't want to anyways This is a truly atrocious title, that is best avoided at ALL COST unless you are a massive fan, and if you are, heed my call.. SKIP EVERY SINGLE SIDE
    This game in an exercise in frustration, the worst AC game
    I have ever played, it is so horridly bug riddled, that you can't
    complete the side missions, and the other is so god-damn
    boring, that you don't want to anyways

This is a truly atrocious title, that is best avoided at ALL COST
    unless you are a massive fan, and if you are, heed my call..

SKIP EVERY SINGLE SIDE MISSION/QUEST! Just do the main story
    you'll be much happier that way!
  16. Nov 27, 2013
    This is one of the reasons the Assassin's Creed saga should have ended already. It's a boring game with a boring combat system, a boring story and a sh**tty ending. God that ending. They could have done something right there but no, they decided to keep milking the story.
    I'm done with this saga.
  17. Oct 31, 2013
    I really enjoyed the combat, graphics, and everything about the game with one exception: the plot and the time you spend out of the animus. The plot to this story is full of holes while you play as Conner and every time I had to waste time out of the animus, I tried to get back into the animus as quickly as possible. Just play the level where you climb the skyscraper again and askI really enjoyed the combat, graphics, and everything about the game with one exception: the plot and the time you spend out of the animus. The plot to this story is full of holes while you play as Conner and every time I had to waste time out of the animus, I tried to get back into the animus as quickly as possible. Just play the level where you climb the skyscraper again and ask yourself: who designed this? Hint: it has a garage door 200 stories high. Expand
  18. Jun 13, 2014
    Sadly, Assassin's Creed 3 does little to differentiate itself from it's predecessors, spends the first third of the game on tutorials, and is otherwise a bit on the boring side. All this could be forgiven if it weren't for the fact that the PC port is terrible and crashes constantly. I have literally never uninstalled a game before I finished playing it. Congratulations AC:3. You were soSadly, Assassin's Creed 3 does little to differentiate itself from it's predecessors, spends the first third of the game on tutorials, and is otherwise a bit on the boring side. All this could be forgiven if it weren't for the fact that the PC port is terrible and crashes constantly. I have literally never uninstalled a game before I finished playing it. Congratulations AC:3. You were so bad that I couldn't be bothered to finish you. Expand
  19. Nov 10, 2013
    I'm an Assassin's Creed fan and I like very much AC2 and its story line, but this one is boring. The only one cool feature in this game is the ocean battles which it's pretty awesome.
  20. Nov 17, 2013
    Worst game I have ever played. I played for about 1 hour and quit because I could not take it anymore. It really is that bad. I can't think of a single game out there that is worse than this one. Who the gives those "experts" the qualification to call themselves experts? I do not trust those "experts" who gave this piece of crap an eight.
  21. Dec 31, 2013
    The lowest point in the series. Not only does it run like an awful console port with enhanced textures (it is) there is a show stopping bug at EVER. SINGLE. FRAGMENT. of each sequence. It felt like I was playing a random number generator instead of being a part of a scripted game. Even though the writing is a bit forced into the genre, it is the only redeeming part of the game.
  22. Dec 4, 2013
    Worst Assassins Creed ever, half the game is a fricken tutorial and it doesn't even give u a tutorial on the stuff you need a tutorial for like crafting, Going places takes forever and the historical inaccuracy of this game makes me mad. Don't bother buying this game unless u like spending 8 hours of game play on getting to the actually being able to play as the main character. This is aWorst Assassins Creed ever, half the game is a fricken tutorial and it doesn't even give u a tutorial on the stuff you need a tutorial for like crafting, Going places takes forever and the historical inaccuracy of this game makes me mad. Don't bother buying this game unless u like spending 8 hours of game play on getting to the actually being able to play as the main character. This is a horrible game. Expand
  23. Jan 27, 2014
    I have played and finished every single AC game upto this one and pretty much liked them. But my god how I hated this one. The gameplay seems to be taken right out of a beta version of the AC I. Guards get stuck in invisible walls all the time. Guards don't see you when standing right next to them, but then again see you 1 mile away. On the PC the map and every other menu makes you wantI have played and finished every single AC game upto this one and pretty much liked them. But my god how I hated this one. The gameplay seems to be taken right out of a beta version of the AC I. Guards get stuck in invisible walls all the time. Guards don't see you when standing right next to them, but then again see you 1 mile away. On the PC the map and every other menu makes you want to hit something. Quests usualy just start by talking to some dude without ANY explanation. You just run up to him, and a marker appears on the map. Many times the quest-dude just said "thank you" and the quest was over before I did anything (must have killed the particular guard sometime before?!). Immersion is broken all the time when silly things are happening all around you. For example, the main character gets a cut on his face, gets a pad soaked in alcohol pressed on it and 1 second later there is a closeup of his face and the cut is gone. I could go on and on but I wan't to forget about this game as fast as I can. Expand
  24. Jun 28, 2014
    Really disappointing. The game looks gorgeous but there is so little real game play. I feel like I am just running between objectives, walking if it is a stealth level.
    Even the combat is boring. X to attack, B to block. I had not played an Assassins creed game since 2 and I had hoped they would have improved the combat by now. It seems to have sped up a little bit, but it is still just attack, attack, counter, repeat. The controls are very over simplified, I tried playing with a keyboard and also a gamepad, but the controls seem way too dumbed down.
    I thought firing muskets would be satisfying, but they only have the range or a throwing knife and dont feel good to shoot. Climbing the ships mast at the beginning could have been an exciting moment, but I climbed up the wrong side of the mast, so I had to climb down and go up the side they wanted me to climb to continue.
    It is also the glitchiest game I have played in years. During the first sword fight in the game my enemy got stuck in a wall and I had to restart from checkpoint. When first arriving in Boston before even let off the leash enough to sprint I saw a frozen towns person and a dog stuck inside a pile of barrels. There are frequent ragdoll and other physics glitches.
    I only payed $5 for it in the steam sale and I still feel disappointed.
  25. Dec 7, 2014
    Utter **** the PC version is a disgrace to PC games, of course we;re talking about Goobysoft.

The game is a bug festival, if you want to open a Quality Control business, you need to show this to your employees as a reference.
  26. Mar 29, 2014
    The most annoying game i've ever played, worst than sleeping dogs. I don't want to climb and stay on top of everything. Killing half of the city isn't a problem but shoving them is inappropriate. Riding a horse can't be more difficult i guess, i don't understand why both character and horse stop moving when something block their way and don't care the damn distance between the target, thisThe most annoying game i've ever played, worst than sleeping dogs. I don't want to climb and stay on top of everything. Killing half of the city isn't a problem but shoving them is inappropriate. Riding a horse can't be more difficult i guess, i don't understand why both character and horse stop moving when something block their way and don't care the damn distance between the target, this is really ridiculous. Expand
  27. Apr 23, 2014
    Review divided between PC specific problems and Game problems.

A. PC Specific Problems: 1. No optimisation done at all. If I suffer FPS lag on a $3000 machine, I can only imagine the horror those on a more conservative rigs. Its so buggy! If you look in specific directions the fps drops like bass in a dubstep video. So far I am certain that it has got nothing to do with amount of
    Review divided between PC specific problems and Game problems.

A. PC Specific Problems:

1. No optimisation done at all. If I suffer FPS lag on a $3000 machine, I can only imagine the horror those on a more conservative rigs. Its so buggy! If you look in specific directions the fps drops like bass in a dubstep video. So far I am certain that it has got nothing to do with amount of components on screen. I've gotten smooth as butter FPS with a lot of citizens and buildings and an animation slideshow FPS in a f**in JUNGLE with practically nothing putting load on my CPU / GPU.

2. Controls are just weird. SUPER weird. We have at least a 102 buttons to play games. They REDUCED the amount of buttons required to play the game than previous versions. I am pretty sure you could map an Sega Genesis controller to play this game and won't need any combos on a PC.

3. Uplay! Need I say more?

4. Savegames get corrupted randomly. I've had to start the game thrice AT LEAST. Its funny because you don't loose an entire save, you loose the progress! Its not even the progress made in the same session!

5. Random crashes.

B. Other Issues Universal to all Systems:

1. The gameplay is non existent. The game pretty much is like a modern version of those weird CD-I games.

2. Their version of OPEN world is just run around. Run around to get collectible, deliver letters etc. On top of that, running around isn't even fun! It seems like so for the first 15 minutes, but its horrid! The tree parkour is very badly done. Its laughable. You have to be on a horse for the most part if you actually wanna get to places. In GTA there's a million things to experience in the open world. Here, it's NOTHING!

3. Horses are BUGGY AS F**K! Skyrim horses are MUCH better than this sh!t!~

4. It could have better been a shooter on rails! Because you are NOT ALLOWED to THINK how to do a mission. The whole thing is scripted. I've played better NES games than this.

5. I could rant on but now the game has sucked out all of my motivation.

On the good part, the graphics are amazing! They are wallpaper worthy! Every single image you capture will be pretty much gorgeous. But it's a GAME. NOT a MOVIE!

Honestly, you are better off just watching the walkthroughs on youtube or whatever. Even that'll get boring.
  28. Oct 10, 2014
    Absolutely abysmal. If you want to actually program your keyboard so that you can use the keys that make sense to you, forget about it. Except for really primitive games, where it isn't an option, I never use the WASD keys to maneuver, but this game forces you to, because the designers were too lazy to bother with a user friendly game. I tried for a while, but it was just too uncomfortableAbsolutely abysmal. If you want to actually program your keyboard so that you can use the keys that make sense to you, forget about it. Except for really primitive games, where it isn't an option, I never use the WASD keys to maneuver, but this game forces you to, because the designers were too lazy to bother with a user friendly game. I tried for a while, but it was just too uncomfortable to play.

And to add insult to injury, the game made me create a Uplay account, despite the fact that I had purchased it on Steam.

I certainly won't be buying another of this series.
  29. Mar 28, 2016
    Gameplay is very, very lacking... AC3 is technically a movie with intermittent "gameplay" that is really just there to force you to put your popcorn away for a minute before you get to experience the next cutscene. If you're looking to experience a game per se, just forget about this one. If you're interested in what's happening in the AC storyline, just look up the "Assassin's Creed IIIGameplay is very, very lacking... AC3 is technically a movie with intermittent "gameplay" that is really just there to force you to put your popcorn away for a minute before you get to experience the next cutscene. If you're looking to experience a game per se, just forget about this one. If you're interested in what's happening in the AC storyline, just look up the "Assassin's Creed III movie", which is essentially all the cutscenes edited together. Guess how long it is... IT CUTS REALLY CLOSE TO FIVE F'N HOURS!! Expand
  30. Dec 3, 2014
    I hated AC1 because of it's repetitiveness and it's **** ending. I loved AC2, Brotherhood, and Revelations. I hoped the third could be much more better than AC2. But its a lot worst than AC1.

Game play: walk 10 steps, press E to skip scene, walk 5 steps, press E. Enter tabern, press E, exit tabern, press E, walk 2 steps and press E, ride a horse pressing W for 15 minutes then press E to skip scene... and so, for at least 35 hours.

It's absolute boredom. The main characters has nothing. Except for Haytham, Lee, and Hickey, all of them are plain, bland, and lack any interest or personality. Specially Connor. Gordon Freeman has much more charisma than Connor. FFS it had so much potential! Ubi, what have you done?! Absolute boredom.

Not only that, but this game is a plethora of bugs. It even corrupts your saved progress from time to time so you have to start again and again and again. I've started it up 4 times now! It's ridiculous!

I give it a 4 because of the beautiful graphics, the parkour, and the brutal combat sequences.

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
    Assassin’s Creed III proves to be, despite its promises, a rather indecisive game. It comes with so many strong elements, that it could have been the best Assassin’s Creed ever, but it fails to harmonically balance those elements. [January 2013]
  2. Jan 29, 2013
    Assassin's Creed 3 offers a spectacular way to fill in the blanks in your knowledge of the American Revolution - it never holds back on scope, drama or action.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Jan 23, 2013
    What, no French revolution? For Europeans, birth of the United States is not really very interesting time nor environment. And after Ezio (or Haytham Kenway), Connor is bland, irritating protagonist. Game is also full of chores that add very little to the experience. [Jan 2013]