7.6

1. Nov 19, 2013
    This game is absolutely abysmal. Here we go again with the optional objectives to get 100% sync (I don't think the developer understands what optional means. Optional should be bonus gold or supplies, not sync and at that, they shouldn't be absurd, like touch your toes while being eaten by a shark.

The movement is horrible, if you want to run in a straight line, tough, you are going to bounce off every wall in site.

They recycled models, combat, minigames, objectives, etc. I think the only new thing is boats, which loses is okay, but doesn't make up for the huge disappointment in atrocity that is the rest of the game.

The game does look good though, but that doesn't mean it feels good.
  2. Nov 19, 2013
    They up everything, they have trashed the story of the game, the amasing story build in assasins 1 and up at revelations and got worse at assasins 3 now its over IT THATS ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF WHATS HAPPENS WHEN A ENTERPRIZE WINS TONS OF MONEY WITH A SERIES AND THEN TURNS IT TO A NEW THING JUST BECAUSE IS MORE LUCRATIVE
  3. Nov 21, 2013
    Just another Assassin's Creed game. Good on you Ubisoft for "callofdutizing" the series. Do not expect something totally different, you know just jumping around, killing things etc. etc.
  4. Nov 20, 2013
    Best part of the game is the theme/setting, which is done very well. Everything else seems pretty stale. Probably would be worth a 6 or 7 if I were on a console, but this is a PC review, and it runs like ass on PC. Poorly optimized would be a compliment in this case, and Ubisoft even came out and said they didn't give a crap. I was sort of amused by the DLC, where you can pay money toBest part of the game is the theme/setting, which is done very well. Everything else seems pretty stale. Probably would be worth a 6 or 7 if I were on a console, but this is a PC review, and it runs like ass on PC. Poorly optimized would be a compliment in this case, and Ubisoft even came out and said they didn't give a crap. I was sort of amused by the DLC, where you can pay money to reveal the locations of activities and other things. At least it wasn't day 1 DLC to get the rest of the game! Expand
  5. Nov 19, 2013
    really good that there are in the game so the naval battles, because otherwise contained in AC3 and sameness more so this time worsened. the killer already starts strong and does not even need training to matar.fora the pessima optimization that in certain parts falls to 17 fps.ubisoft shot himself in the foot with this game, that really turning this fighter nickel
  6. Nov 22, 2013
    This game is basically an AC3 somewhat expanded. They changed the settings to pirate and added some visual effects, but thats all. Ubisoft milking the same cow.
    Any reviewer who writes it is a great game, and "it has some minor technical issues (FPS) that will need patching", are lying or part of the hype-troll factory. There aren't minor glitches, there are huge ones... Doesn't matter what the Ubisoft copy/paste promo revs say.

THE FACTS: the controls are the same as in prequels, made for the console, you have 8 buttons to do everything. If the view changes you're not running forward but sideward with the same button, making impossible some difficult moves and finishing 100% (if you care about it). If a reviewer never mentions bad controls, it means they never played the game. Read carefully.

There are no savegames, but checkpoints. So if you scrw it up because of the bad controls, you can start all over again. Is it really that difficult to make a good port to the pc? I don't think so. But Ubi cares about money not about fans or gamers. On the long run this will prove an epic fail.

I give 1 for the score because exactly that much they improved the game from AC3 (some flashy effects and a bigger map). If you are not payed by Ubi, you would never score this game above 3 or 4 (on the PC).
  7. Nov 20, 2013
    Yet another poor console port. The controls bad, as in the previous titles, no savegame, as I wrote, console...
    Don't believe the hype and the promo reviews and don't buy it for the pc.
  8. Nov 21, 2013
    Only reviews of 10 (payed/promo) and 0 (user).
    It has the same problems as the earlier ACs, nothing changed, a bad port to pc. Make a bad game, spend tons of money on advertising, fake reviewers and there you are. I was so hoping after the 2nd part, that they will fix issues, but Ubisoft is only out for money. It's a shame.
  9. Nov 21, 2013
    I love this game, but the Pc version has a lot of Framerate issue and Ubisoft said they will not patch it for economic reasons, what a software house. PLEASE DON'T SPEND ANY MONEY ON IT, UBISOFT MUST CRY FOR THIS
  10. Nov 22, 2013
    It takes time to understand how bad this game is, but at around 15 hours of played i can safely say the game wants me to hate it. The checklist of bad things is almost full here, from quick time events to time missions without any possibility of a single mistake that force you to merely memorize the entire path if you want to finish them.

All your wonderful skills as an assassin are

All your wonderful skills as an assassin are useless, because you were 28 meters away from your target therefore you must restart the mission.

Chase missions both on foot and on the ship are just downright terrible and so badly implemented that you will rip your hair off from the rage they induce.

DO NOT buy this game at full price, the best i can say is that this is worth 20 euros when it includes all DLC 6 months down the line.
  11. Nov 24, 2013
    Game on PC is unplayable, tearing everywhere, even if i can play most games with high detail, this game is barely playable with low settings. While AC3 was a bad porting but was at least playable, this one is really not worth the money. I really don't think PC gamer deserve a poorly optimized game like this.
  12. Nov 24, 2013
    I hate it. Its very poorly optimized. Its as buggy as it can get. Then the genre should have been action adventure because there is no stealth in this. Ubisoft has not done justice to a game which had a lot of potential.
  13. Nov 24, 2013
    Honestly, this game is an unoptimized cop out on ubisofts part. Runs absolutely terribly on pc, and the fact that atl east half the missions are recycled "stealth" get to point a to point b without getting detected. Literally, tailing simulator 2012. The "NAVAL STEALTH" was the last straw, if you are gonna get this game, i suggest pirating it.
  14. Nov 24, 2013
    I love the AC series and I would love to play the game. But hard lock ups keeps keeping me away. This game is no where near out of alpha stage, in the short minutes I've gotten to play the game has been a pain, it suffers from some really hard screen tearing even with VSYNC or adaptive VSYNC on. 0/10 unplayable.
  15. Nov 24, 2013
    Booring! We saw all that stuff in AC3. In my opinion Ubisoft consider PC gamers as a bunch of silly children, again and again. The graphics just a bit better, than in AC3, but with poor tech support of PC, the lags and freezes appears even on the recently upgraded machines. But what is advice by Ubisoft? "HA-HA. Try again and buy the high-end system!". I'm tired of this ****
    But what do
    But what do you find at the game? Silly screenplay, as usual, 1-dimensional characters, as usual, a lot of extremely stupid mini-games, as usual. But the most annoying things are the missions, i suppose it's the worst game design in the series. After a couple hours it seems that you play replays type 1: shadowing and chase, type 2: annoying naval battles (the fun leaves after 3-4 battle), type 3: the robbery that appears to massacre.

I hoped AC4 to be at least open-world game, but it fails, of course just a dead cities (like an exact copy past from AC3), with number of treasures and other "pirate" stuff...

Music and sound are usual, quite ok, sounds like a lot of money wasted to something similar to "historical" or "original"...Actors are ok, but the dialogues, no doubt, was writen by the children and for the children...

Controls in PC version are still headache since AC1, the alter-ego tries to irritate you at least 1 time per 2 minutes, especially when you're doing "cool parkour stuff"...

It's the same situation again on PC, the series still have failed since AC2, which was a real step forward, so what can i say "use your assassin's abilities" and don't waste your time and money as "a fake pirate" in AC3,5.
  16. Nov 23, 2013
    Auto saves don't work, unless you want to replay the beginning over and over and over again don't buy. Broken game, should never have been released as is.
  17. Nov 24, 2013
    Runs like absolute ass. Yet another console port, from ubisoft. Tons of boring sailing. Unnecessary bolted-on additions to the story. Pretty much par for course now from ubisoft.
  18. Nov 24, 2013
    Nothing new to see here, move along. If you've played any of the other asscreeds, you've played this one too. They really should stop milking this dead cow. Graphics actually seem worse than before.
  19. Dec 5, 2013
    What a load of garbage. I swear these games are getting dumber and dumber with each sequel. Boring story, repetitive missions, Edward & co have no personality and you have a large open world with nothing in it. They added underwater sections that are completely ruined by constant shark attacks so you can't really enjoy them. Chests have no purpose anymore since they give so little moneyWhat a load of garbage. I swear these games are getting dumber and dumber with each sequel. Boring story, repetitive missions, Edward & co have no personality and you have a large open world with nothing in it. They added underwater sections that are completely ruined by constant shark attacks so you can't really enjoy them. Chests have no purpose anymore since they give so little money compared to pirating that I have to wonder why are they in the game. No secret crumbling Mayan ruins requiring some nice platforming or something, no puzzles requiring you to think (at least a little), nope nothing at all. Compared to AC Brotherhood which was the best in the series this is crap. Oh and did I mention it is poorly optimized and you will experience FPS drops constantly even on good machine that is above recommended and no it is not fine nor expected what is expected is a finished and polished game with no bugs that require 4-5 patches or more before it works as its supposed to. And I thought it couldn't get any worse after AC3, YOU ARE NOT EVEN AN ASSASSIN ANYMORE IN THESES GAMES *sigh*. Expand
  20. Dec 13, 2013
    This is my Multiplayer review.

This is my Multiplayer review.

The development of the multiplayer with AC has been right in par with its single player, steadily decreasing. I first multiplayer had some issues, and as they resolved them over time they just created new ones. The scores are basically arbitrary, they make sense in theory until some gets 1200 points for poisoning someone in the first 2 seconds of the game, or getting 600 points for someones you literally runs right into them. Essentially AC multiplayer is Brink, a fantastic idea that never really landed
  21. Dec 1, 2013
    Another garbage Ubisoft port. Nothing to see here. Awful optimization for PC......................................................................................
  22. Dec 27, 2013
    I bought this game because it was rated highly and I liked the premises of the other Assassin Creed games. This was a mistake. As soon as I started the game, I noticed the graphics were not really that great, although the framerate was also not spectacular. The voice acting was okay, but the talking animations were lacking. When I try to run, the sticky auto-climbing mode makes it nearlyI bought this game because it was rated highly and I liked the premises of the other Assassin Creed games. This was a mistake. As soon as I started the game, I noticed the graphics were not really that great, although the framerate was also not spectacular. The voice acting was okay, but the talking animations were lacking. When I try to run, the sticky auto-climbing mode makes it nearly impossible to stay on the ground. The fighting mechanics also feel slow, virtual, and only require one button pressed rapidly for the most part. It's like if Mirror's Edge's manual freerunning was replaced by a system that does the acrobatics for you; there's no skill involved, and I don't feel like I've done anything significant. Expand
  23. Dec 22, 2013
    A good open world pirate game that could have been better, hampered by the same tired, frustrating "mission structure" we see in every AC game. The constant need to do exactly as Ubisoft demands hinders the fun in exploring this visually gorgeous game world, and the frustrating mission types, such as Eavesdropping and Tailing, are far, far too frequent, and over-used. The weather system isA good open world pirate game that could have been better, hampered by the same tired, frustrating "mission structure" we see in every AC game. The constant need to do exactly as Ubisoft demands hinders the fun in exploring this visually gorgeous game world, and the frustrating mission types, such as Eavesdropping and Tailing, are far, far too frequent, and over-used. The weather system is also frustrating, as the developers tend to overuse storms on the open sea in order to make missions feel more "dramatic."

Black Flag is a game that would have been far, far better, had it not needed the Assassin's Creed name attached at all. This is Assassin's Creed ruining what could otherwise have been a great pirate game.
  24. Dec 29, 2013
    Game runs terribly on pc steer well away from this mess absolute rip off not even a moderatly high end pc can run this game at payable speeds its an absolute disgrace that they are selling the game in its current state dont buy
  25. Feb 15, 2014
    In short this game is about pirates (I know, you already knew that)...that is the game that Ubisoft made, and they want to send a message: they want to outsmart YOU. Over at Ubisoft, The CEO thinks he's a pirate, along with the investors and their crew of henchmen, the board of directors, YAAAR! Every year they bring in their pirate booty from the poor fools who pay them for pre-orders.In short this game is about pirates (I know, you already knew that)...that is the game that Ubisoft made, and they want to send a message: they want to outsmart YOU. Over at Ubisoft, The CEO thinks he's a pirate, along with the investors and their crew of henchmen, the board of directors, YAAAR! Every year they bring in their pirate booty from the poor fools who pay them for pre-orders. All they have to do is force the poor crew (the programmers, the artists, the musicians, the historians, and all other people who actually do the work, but is never appreciated for it) to retouch a template from the previous year, then put it out as a new product...YAAAR! Me so Clever Boi. They plunder millions of poor fools and kids every year; AND apparently they've been to every bay in the seven seas, OR so it seems... BUT YET, They have NOT.... they missed one very important bay. One that makes them cringe, and their skinny feet tremble with fear. The one that makes them yell for their momma. The one that makes Electronic Arts seem like little babies crying for a penny. The one that makes the RIAA and the MPAA cower in fear. The one that makes them wonder why their share price tumbled last week. The one, the only.....THE PIRATE BAY...Thanks THE PIRATE BAY, you are a life saver, YAAAR!! Expand
  26. Jan 23, 2014
    Zero for the utterly inane optimization and incompetence from Ubisoft.

What kind of idiots would put dynamic physics for EVERY SINGLE foliage on screen and not even put an option to disable said physics without removing everything. Unbelievable.
  27. Jan 5, 2014
    Game is broken. Will not save majority of progress. It displays the save icon after every in-game milestone but when you attempt to load a save, you find that the last 75% of progress is gone. That means out of every 10 hours, you will lose 7 or 8 hours and will spend another 7 or 8 hours replaying it, and it may not even save that progress either. This is a known issue. It has been aGame is broken. Will not save majority of progress. It displays the save icon after every in-game milestone but when you attempt to load a save, you find that the last 75% of progress is gone. That means out of every 10 hours, you will lose 7 or 8 hours and will spend another 7 or 8 hours replaying it, and it may not even save that progress either. This is a known issue. It has been a known issue since the game was released two months ago. So far I have yet to see an Ubisoft response on the issue, if only to acknowledge the problem, let alone any work towards a fix. Expand
  28. Jan 9, 2014
    ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE, Ubisoft has done NOTHING to fix the server problems, you get disconnected literally EVERY MATCH! The characters are just copy and pasted, and uninspiring.... Ubisoft has done nothing to help us PC gamers and could care less about us! DO NOT BUY!!!!
  29. Mar 10, 2014
    I remember when Assassin's Creed was about story, sneaking, and planning. That time is long passed, and Black Flag is a prime showcase of that. The only reason this game could possibly get good reviews is because of blind fanboys upvoting the game simply because it's a pirate game.This is an action-oriented pirate simulation that has absolutely nothing to do with the Assassin's CreedI remember when Assassin's Creed was about story, sneaking, and planning. That time is long passed, and Black Flag is a prime showcase of that. The only reason this game could possibly get good reviews is because of blind fanboys upvoting the game simply because it's a pirate game.This is an action-oriented pirate simulation that has absolutely nothing to do with the Assassin's Creed franchise. The graphics are good but just about everything else isn't. Sound is terribly synced, especially when performing kills. The controls are slightly improved but still terrible. The optimization is beyond bad. The insane amount of context-sensitive controls and movements are incredibly frustrating, and have been throughout the whole series but Blag Flag just proves that Ubisoft has no intention whatsoever of fixing it. The story is laughable and will not interest you in the slightest and the modern day sequences are worse than ever. The gameplay is super repetitive with linear levels lining the campaign and a repetitive grind awaiting you at sea. This is the last straw for the AC series in my opinion. One of my favorite franchise has been ruined yet again by a a yearly development cycle and a greedy publisher. I'm not longer going to purchase this garbage and I highly suggest all of you do the same. Expand
  30. Mar 19, 2014
    I was actually optimistic that Assassin's creed tried to shake up their tired old formula for a new game. This is not the case. I'm not sure which is more repetitive and irritating, the main quest line or everything else. It's a Ubisoft game, so 99% of the gameplay is just unlocking towers and collecting random items to unlock clothes. The other 1% is just maddeningly repetitive andI was actually optimistic that Assassin's creed tried to shake up their tired old formula for a new game. This is not the case. I'm not sure which is more repetitive and irritating, the main quest line or everything else. It's a Ubisoft game, so 99% of the gameplay is just unlocking towers and collecting random items to unlock clothes. The other 1% is just maddeningly repetitive and frustrating. For a game that seems confident that you can play to your style, I've never had to restart, reload and repeat so many missions because one tiny little detail sent the entire situation out of control, and almost 99% of that was because of the game's ridiculously irritating control system which is equally likely to send you in the wrong direction as the right one.

Not intuitive, not engaging, not very impressive.
  31. Mar 12, 2014
    It is hard to like the game after you lose all your save progress. UPlay killed my save game. After looking online, this problem is very widespread and they have all sorts of suggestions on how to prevent future saved game loses. If they know this is a problem, then they either need to fix it or implement their own suggestions so that people stop losing all of their progress.
  32. Feb 1, 2014
    Horribly casual, good-looking game. ACIV pretty much typifies what's wrong with the pastime of video gaming today -- über casual, semi-interactive gameplay layered under pretty visuals. Only recommended for gamers who got into the pastime around the time the Nintendo Wii appeared. For anyone else, get your friend(s) to play it while you watch, drunk!
  33. Apr 9, 2014
    This game has a great engine(1 point). It would have been a great game if it wasn't so boring. It has very little to offer other than repetitive tasks and one dimensional characters. Truly a horrible waste of resources. Unplayable
  34. Jul 22, 2014
    One reason should be enough. And it's called U PLay. I'm not buying these ubisoft games anymore. I don't like to be forced to feed your data mining software. I also don't like to be forced to have another game client on top of Steam. And I don't like to have the game crashing to desktop that often.
  35. Oct 6, 2014
    It gives you sea sickness after playing... you just can`t figure out if you are throwing up because of the stupid game or because of the fact that everything keeps moving after you close the game.

Since AC2, all those games are getting worse! Only bought it because it was almost free in Humble Bundle. Well. If you are looking for a good game, try something else.
  36. Mar 8, 2014
    Started out decently enough except right away you're climbing towers.... Tried to get passed that in the interest of fairness. Then, once the game really started, it stayed true to the AC form..... Climb a tower, fight a crowd. Really? After so many iterations they can't get passed this formula. Granted, I'm only an hour in but it's likely to be the only hour I give. They could'veStarted out decently enough except right away you're climbing towers.... Tried to get passed that in the interest of fairness. Then, once the game really started, it stayed true to the AC form..... Climb a tower, fight a crowd. Really? After so many iterations they can't get passed this formula. Granted, I'm only an hour in but it's likely to be the only hour I give. They could've (should've) shown me something new early on. Not just a new setting and steering a boat..... and climbing towers. Maybe AC should be called Tower Climber. Expand
  37. May 14, 2014
    Just stop making Assasin's Creed games already. Ubisoft have completely stuffed it up from AC3 already and this is no better. The nerve to take out the best part of AC3 (seafearing) and make it the premise of AC4 is just plain lazy and admittant to how bad the game is. Don't be fooled by the great graphics. The idiot-system where the player will climb over objects and laddersJust stop making Assasin's Creed games already. Ubisoft have completely stuffed it up from AC3 already and this is no better. The nerve to take out the best part of AC3 (seafearing) and make it the premise of AC4 is just plain lazy and admittant to how bad the game is. Don't be fooled by the great graphics. The idiot-system where the player will climb over objects and ladders unintentionally still exists. Yes, sprint and parkour are again the same fking button! Furthermore the completely unnecessary "keep close, don't be spotted but hurry up" missions begin within the first 30 minutes of the game already. What is this, an arcade game? I preferred AC1+2 with open world, thank you. There is no saving the franchise, it is a shocking mess. Rather remember the good old Desmond, Altair and Enzio. Expand
  38. Dec 3, 2014
    sucks dead men's balls, **** control system, unresponsive. no **** suppport for 21:9 monitor. Runs like **** on 2....YES 2 **** 970's **** this peice of utter ****
  39. Apr 2, 2014
    I would give this game a great review, if Ubisoft could get their **** together. Uplay is total trash, and them hanging onto it is a cancer upon the gamers. Countless people have lost save files as a result, and the fact that Ubisoft hasn't a) tried to fix it, or b) fired up a local countermeasure (like saving the files locally in an easy to find folder), is a disgrace and a shame.
    When I
    When I buy a game, I do so in the hopes that I can play it and finish it. But then that I can pick it up again a couple months later and play around some more. If I want to restart a game, I'd like it to be by my own discretion.
  40. Feb 19, 2014
    I loved the AC games up until AC3. I heard that Black Flag was better so I went out and bought it. To be fair it is a better game than AC3 but it is so horribly optimised for the PC that I don't even want to play it anymore (I got to memory 2). It lags and stutters when panning and is just horrible to play. I have a good gaming PC and don't have issue with any other games.

If you are

If you are buying this on PC then DON'T.
  41. Dec 29, 2013
    Yet another unoptimized console port, and ubisoft said that assassins creed black flag would be better optimized than assassins creed 3. they lied to the PC gamers and thats why i will never buy another ubisoft games, because they obviously dont give a shi* about PC gamers.
  42. Dec 12, 2013
    Take ACIII, add guns, boats and some palm trees and TA-DA!! you have Black Flag... sad, really sad...
    Another garbage sequel for a series lost years ago...
  43. Aug 5, 2014
    This is among the worst stupidest games they made in the series....the whole ship battle thing is so stupid and frustrating, trying to aim and control the ship at the same time is a horrible frustrating experience

and "assassin abilities"?...edward is just some guy who stole the clothes of a real assassin...how does that give him assassins creed abilities?? and how does this make it an assassins creed game?...the is the most stupid plot in these series so far it has nothing to do with anything...there's really no point in this game at all.
  44. Dec 28, 2013
    Not like the game The game is not like the game did not like the game is not like the game is not like the game is not like the game is not like the game is not like the game is not like the game is not like the game is not like the game is not like the game is not like the game is not like the game is not like the game is not like the game is not like the game is not like the game did notNot like the game The game is not like the game did not like the game is not like the game is not like the game is not like the game is not like the game is not like the game is not like the game is not like the game is not like the game is not like the game is not like the game is not like the game is not like the game is not like the game is not like the game is not like the game did not like not like the game The game is not like the game did not like the game is not like the game is not like the game is not like the game is not like the game is not like Expand
  45. Jan 5, 2014
    A simple OK game, but not an Assassins Creed Game

The story starts ok, and then it goes backwards.. Edward isnt even an Assassin, why ubisoft made an assassins creed game with the main character not being an assassin? The first person view and Abstergo as entertainment company made me want to ragequit the game instantly and play AC2 thinking that AC4 was a baaaad nightmare that never
    A simple OK game, but not an Assassins Creed Game

The first person view and Abstergo as entertainment company made me want to ragequit the game instantly and play AC2 thinking that AC4 was a baaaad nightmare that never happened.

Ac3 was really bad and empty, AC4 is a total Lie. If someone is thinking about buying it, wait till its on Steam sale for 3 bucks, more than that its worthless.

Definetly, Ubisoft is sick with the call of duty fever, yearly releases and yearly deceptions, i have no more hope on Assassins creed anymore.
    Also started the Aveline DLC on AC4 and after 10 minutes it was totally boring and uninstalled the whole game.

Assassins creed died with Ezio Auditore. It's not worth to play the 3rd or even this new one.

AC1 was like: wow it has potential, will look for the future
    AC2 was like: oh my god this is the best series
    AC:B was like: oh my god this is the best series, second part
    AC:R was like: not as good as previous games, but its okay. (they should have explained better what happened with Lucy at the beginning of the game)

AC3 was like: what am i playing? i have the feeling that im not understanding anything

AC4 was like: Assassin's Creed R.I.P. 2013
  46. Jan 18, 2014
    First of the story was a disappointment and not to mention the ending! (worst ending in any ac game in history) and without Desmond the gameplay outside the animus was boring and confusing.

There is no variety in the level design! (blue water and forests is all you see) The missions is follow this guy, follow that guy, follow those guys or make your way into this castle by climbing

The missions is follow this guy, follow that guy, follow those guys or make your way into this castle by climbing but watch out because your character sometimes jumps the wrong way and you have to climb again and again and again.

They have now limited the weapon use and got rid of hammers, daggers, and other weapons leaves you with only swords, hidden blades (wich sucks in ac4) and pistols.

Kind of a !!!!!SPOILER!!!!!!

Kenway is not even an assassin which makes the games title very out of place because Desmond is dead and your character is not an assassin... Yeah good job there assassins creed story writer, good job.

Other than all that this is not a game i enjoyed playing, i just had to keep struggling to see the end.
  47. Jan 30, 2014
    boycott this franchise please! All assasin's creed has done is just recycle, recycle, recyle. If you compare the characters and maps etc from the previous titles in the franchise, they just take the same stuff and repackage it. I used to be a huge fan of MP of the series, but just got bored after they just repackage the same stuff repeatedly.
    Now I tried out MP in blackflag I can spot
    Now I tried out MP in blackflag I can spot characters recycled from brotherhood, revelations etc...
    It's just terrible! guys, boycott the franchise so they will actually put some energy into creating new titles instead of recycling old ones!
    don't buy this game if you played previous title/titles!
  48. Feb 5, 2014
    All the missions i hate gathered in one game. Stalking a guy, listening a conversation. Like these aren't enough there are stalking missions with ships. Yes being a pirate and a captain is fun but if you don't play the missions. Another non surprising poor game by Ubisoft.
  49. Feb 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. assassin's creed Black flag was terrible.the story was terrible and so It was the gameplay.It was not even an assassin's creed!we were not an assassin,we were a pirate who stole an assassin's clothes. The gameplay on the sea was stupid.About the wind on the sea,I went every where to hide from the wind.where ever I went,for example I hide my ship behind a big rock on the sea but the wind was still moving my ship.In real world that could never happen.the only reason I gave 4 to this game was blackbear death scene.the whole game was terrible. Expand
  50. Mar 14, 2014
    I had never played an Assassin's Creed game before this one. I tried it because I heard good things about it, and I really enjoy the swashbuckling theme. Search for treasure and pilot my own ship? Sounds good! It's a pretty game and has lots to explore.

But unfortunately, I was quite disappointed in this game. The movement was fairly clunky, even though my character was quite athletic and could climb walls, walk along tree branches and tightropes.

The combat isn't fun at all. I found it rather and boring. And the computer AI was pretty ridiculous. Often times I'd think "I'll run away and climb this building, the guards will never find me there!" Just to find that as soon as I reached the rooftop to get away, maybe even jump rooftop-to-rooftop, the guard was ALREADY on the roof waiting for me. Hardly realistic that a guard can not only climb as well as my master assassin, but he knew where I was going so beamed himself up to the roof before I could even get there.

Other games have much more realistic enemies. I guess in this game I'm supposed to reload the game if I make a mistake and am discovered or chased by guards? That's not a fun way to play.

I didn't like the "modern time" alternate story either. Why is this even there? I'm supposed to be a pirate assassin, but actually no, I'm some computer programmer from the future? Confused me and wrecked the immersion. I don't feel for my character since every action is already predestined and I'm just reliving a past story. My character is essentially immortal since any failures I make are just "rescyncronized" and reset to try again. So don't worry, jump off the cliff or fight the shark with bare hands, your character is just a simulation.

I never finished it or even got much of the way in. I just wasn't enjoying myself at all, and I don't play games that are bad for the most part, just to earn the rare good parts. Games should be fun and keep you engaged throughout.
  51. May 5, 2014
    ===========
    Apart from being a pirate simulator, which it pulls off quite well, AC4 is a poorly optimized console port of a once great series.
  52. May 30, 2014
    Same **** every year. And guess what, this year they are making 3 **** games. "Next gen" version, for old consoles (that means that both gonna be on pc) and ****ty watch dogs that is nothing more than ac.
  53. Jun 21, 2014
    You get one button combat system which makes game extremly easy and makes stealth useless, boring gameplay (only good thing was ship battles, nothing more), poor story and same graphics as last game for ~50€? No thank you.
  54. Nov 11, 2014
    At first the game look incredible with it's scenery and other elements. But after playing it for a couple of hours, I realised something; this, to be honest, has got to be one of the worst Assassin's Creed games so far. It was constant sailing and stupid pirate **** having nothing to do with the original plot line, and no development was made. It was a complete waste of time, and the firstAt first the game look incredible with it's scenery and other elements. But after playing it for a couple of hours, I realised something; this, to be honest, has got to be one of the worst Assassin's Creed games so far. It was constant sailing and stupid pirate **** having nothing to do with the original plot line, and no development was made. It was a complete waste of time, and the first out of the 6 games I didn't finish. This being said, I don't think I'll be purchasing any more Assassin's Creed games from now on. Expand
  55. Nov 10, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I met the AC series with this game and now i'm thinking that i've not missed anything. The games is boring,bad movement,silly missions,and stupid "optional" missions. The graphics and sounds average,maybe a bit more than average.
    I'm very dissapointed. İ can't imagine a "gamer" that enjoys this game. Do not buy this ,this is one of the worst game that i've ever played.

1. Mar 5, 2014
    Ironically enough for a game which centers around the concept of genetic ancestry, however, it continually lets itself down by refusing to break away from its own tired and worn-out heritage,
  2. Jan 16, 2014
    Fans that were bummed out by Assassin’s Creed III will most likely find Black Flag to be a welcoming return to what they love about the series, with a great story, amazingly crafted world and smart additions to the sailing that make it a refreshing part of the Assassin’s Creed formula.
  3. Dec 30, 2013
    Makes up for the failings of AC3, delivering a fantastic, engaging open world experience. [Jan 2014, p.78]