- Summary: The year is 1715. Pirates rule the waters of the Caribbean and have established a lawless Republic. Among these outlaws is a lethal young captain named Edward Kenway. His notorious exploits earn the respect of legends like Blackbeard, but draw him into an ancient war that may destroy everything the pirates have built for themselves.… Expand
Jan 16, 2014Fans that were bummed out by Assassin’s Creed III will most likely find Black Flag to be a welcoming return to what they love about the series, with a great story, amazingly crafted world and smart additions to the sailing that make it a refreshing part of the Assassin’s Creed formula.
Nov 24, 2013Like its winsome protagonist, Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag is fixated on pursuing the riches of high-seas piracy and seems reluctant to be drawn into convoluted Templar plots. The most self-aware Assassin’s Creed title to date, and one that makes the most of some aging mechanics.
Nov 19, 2013The Assassin Creed Franchise has had its up and downs, but ACV is absolutely an up. This game is extremely fun and I recommend it to anyone who enjoyed the previous games. The ship combat has improved and the graphics are beautiful. This game is probably my favorite in the franchise so far.… Expand
Dec 11, 2013in my opinion the best assassins creed game in the franchise, although the game is bad optimized for pc i could run it on a 50-60 fps on ultra 1680x1050 with my r9 290, the story is well written, the game is dark and heavy, the gameplay is much improved, the characters are good, and the naval combat is better than ever, i loved ac3 and gave it a 10/10 and most of you didnt like my opinion but for me ac3 is now 7/10 compared to this, but i am giving you a warning, this game is very bad optimized and i guess not everyone have a card like r9 290 or gtx 780 so if you have a low end card stay away from this game, i tried the game on my other pc with a low end card and it was very slow and unplayble, but for the end assassins creed iv is the best in the franchise and i reccomend it to everyone that have a decent pc that can run the game on 30 fps on any setting, (if you want to know check your card benchmark on ac iv in youtube)the best in the franchise in my opinion… Expand
Jul 18, 2014The best gameplay is the series, and it captures the atmosphere of its setting brilliantly, but ultimately feels a little bit strange like ACIII before it. Perhaps the locales were too "new" to support one of the big draws of the Ezio series: uncovering mysterious tombs and retrieving artefacts.
The story is okay if not really good, but I'd prefer a story that's a bit humdrum but doesn't make me wince with its many po-faced howlers (looking at you, AC:Revelations and ACIII). AC:Brotherhood took some knocks for its silly villains, but I'll take that camp theatrical scene-chewing over a story that thinks too much of itself any day. AC:R's writer does a much better job this time, supplying a story that carries you along well enough, with many nice little touches in the dialogue and some touches of daft WTF-ery. There's not enough there to make you really invested, and you'll see certain twists a mile away, but as games go it's decent.… Collapse
Nov 28, 2013This game is bit rushed. When Assassin's Creed gets pushed out. My thoughts are "Oh awesome new story, historical views, new characters yay!". Waiting for a good game. Assassin's creed: black Flag is not bad game by any standard. It's just not ground breaking and awesome like the old ones. The story line is different and will play out to be nice, but side quests...Really? I liked to collect optional stuff from each zone, yet it netted me nothing (I don't really like that i only get 1% when i complete a zone). Outside story mode this game has nothing to offer in terms of gamplay. Pirating is fun for a while, but since you blunder basically same resources (Women, new ships, slaves, art, gold yarrr???) all over...You are not feeling like a pirate.
Quick fire round to pro´s and con´s.
- Setting is not limited to cities only like older releases
- Pirate setting is done nicely, you are spending time on a vessel
- Crafting got useful again and ship customization looks awesome
- Sneaking, fighting got updated amongst other things.
- The "Real life" story is left out for good part of the game
- You don't really have a clue about the grand schemes, so you are not pursuing a goal.
- Little to no graphical improvements (Well they don't even need to those, but added them anyway. Game looks awesome!)
- Characters are uninteresting
- Optional stuff is optional...And useless. Why collect 15 fragments that will not grant you anything expect 0,5 progress sync story.
- I´m pretty sure i have seen some character models in AC 1 3 as major storyline...
- You need to wait a long time until story kicks in. Don't get bored until then.… Expand
Mar 6, 2014The game mechanics and controls of the sandbox are as bad as they have ever been. The pirate ship battles have been nice in the beginning, but fun faded away as soon as they got very repetitive. Especially when the bad controls and game mechanics get in your way. Imagine attacking a huge ship because you need the goods it's carrying. After a long fight, you need to kill 15 members of the crew and get the flag down. With almost no health you manage it to climb the ship mast and just before you reach the flag the protagonist jumps randomly down the mast and kills himself. Those moments have been frustrating to me. I can not imagine how a reviewer could give this game almost the same or even better score than GTA-V got.
I could imagine that Ubisofts upcoming title Watch Dogs will be based on the same crappy sandbox. This time I'm going to wait on some user reviews before I buy this game. I don't trust professional reviews any more.… Expand
Apr 12, 2014Vile smelling consolitis.
If they charged you 1 cent for this game it would be overpriced. Anything that Ubisoft designs these days is smelly consolitis and is garbage. AC4 is no exception:
- Zoomed in FOV you can't change. Enjoy throwing up.
- No gameplay. The might as well be a DVD movie where you press X to continue the story. This is not a game, it's choose your own adventure consolitis
- Don't ever buy games from Ubisoft. They are the worst company ever, they make EA look like old school gaming lovers.
- Out of date consolitis graphics
- Out of date consolitis gameplay. Nothing new here that you didn't see in AC1
- The liars who are giving this game 10 out of 10 are AC4 devs pretending to be real gamers.… Expand