7.3

1. Dec 8, 2011
    Desmond must race against the Animus' deletion period to listen to what his long dead Ancestor Ezio has lef to say. Quite frankly I thought the storyline (if you actually followed it) was epic, subject 16 was played very well and the whole. They also played back a part of the storyline that was missing, "The Escape" with a little bit oif portal like puzzle solving in it which was a niceDesmond must race against the Animus' deletion period to listen to what his long dead Ancestor Ezio has lef to say. Quite frankly I thought the storyline (if you actually followed it) was epic, subject 16 was played very well and the whole. They also played back a part of the storyline that was missing, "The Escape" with a little bit oif portal like puzzle solving in it which was a nice change of pace for the game.

For my the animation of the characters was perfectly synced and the levels and areas looked absolutely amazing, I won't go into it so as to spoil game play but trust me on highest gfx they are amazing. The gfx are a lot higher than Brotherhood when you play it. The have really thought about the small bits and their texturing which they didn't in Brotherhood.

I like the combat as well and actually the enemies are quite a bit harder now, in Brotherhood I could actually get bored on a mission where Ezio was outnumbered, this game I was on an apprentice mission and I actually got so massively outnumbered I had no choice but to leg it, awesome!

The jumping is actually a little more refined too, I have push Ezios new jumping to the limits and I have noticed they have touched that since Brotherhood too.

Of course this game has the most amazing ending fight and scene, again no spoilers.

I gotta admit I didn't enjoy the tower mini-games but that was really the only flaw I could find.
  2. Jan 27, 2012
    Fantastic sequel, i do not understand why players are hating this game, It is the lead out of Ezio and Altair so you can expect the next installment to be about Desmond which will open a lot more possibilities to the Ubisoft team. The game: The story is very holding and gripping, you as Ezio mostly, discover the story behind Altair and what happened to him at the end of Assassin's Creed,Fantastic sequel, i do not understand why players are hating this game, It is the lead out of Ezio and Altair so you can expect the next installment to be about Desmond which will open a lot more possibilities to the Ubisoft team. The game: The story is very holding and gripping, you as Ezio mostly, discover the story behind Altair and what happened to him at the end of Assassin's Creed, Gameplay: Free running is just as good as the first 3 installments with the added Hookblade for more fun, the fighting is better as you don't feel too much like a bad ass in this one as you're older and its good to feel that Ezio has his limits, Training and using your own assassins in this one has been improved, giving them certain areas to hold once you have levelled them high enough.
    Same things to do as before, defeat the Borgia in areas of the city with the added ability to lose these areas and having to fight off the Borgia or to regain the area later on. The graphics are as amazing as they have always been and the Story is fantastic, my only quarrel with this installment is, not enough side missions to keep you going. Ubisoft need to stop focusing on the Multiplayer side of the game and focus more on the game, it needs to be bigger an needs to be longer.

Oh and haters. GET A BETTER COMPUTER, stop moaning about graphic issues with games that demand the use of a decent GPU, throw down your cheap Dell laptops and buy a console if you want to play the games half as good as the PC version.
  3. Dec 6, 2011
    Very well ubisoft. Cool scenario - it freezes up me... Like the oscar film or the award-winning book.

The movie, that i can play. No popcorn and brain is not off. The unique work with love of work of game-ing....

La pace sia con voi
  4. Dec 1, 2011
    Overall i think the game was a great improvement from its predecessor (Brotherhood). One of the features that i like about this game is how you are able to travel to places much quicker than before, due to the fact that you can glide over rooftops, fast travel, etc.

The graphic details improved a lot as well, where the textures and models are more detailed than before. Like all games, this should always happen where every year the game improves in graphic quality and this game fulfilled it.

The new features of weapons/items makes it more easier to play. One of these items would be a grenade that you throw to wipe out a crowd of enemies. There are more features, that you should find that out yourself. The story line is also as good as older Assassins Creed series, bring rich and full fulling experience. This is a game that should be played, if you haven't played any Assassins Creed, i suggest you to start from AC2 and start up.
  5. Dec 4, 2011
    In the previous review I forgot to mention that you really wish for the horse just like in Brotherhood's Roma
    Also new eagle Sense actually makes Eagle "vision" somewhat more logical.
    Also new eagle Sense actually makes Eagle "vision" somewhat more logical.
    Just like brotherhood had many temples for really amazing puzzles, Revelations contain mind blowing architecture and beauty of caves that you would not think would be interesting. The only thing that is left to wonder is how on earth have assassins build al those paths and hidden vaults. But the game but only if you are AC fan
  6. Dec 31, 2011
    It's wonderful,the game is beautiful and delicious, the better game in the franchise yet, it's full of all the elements that made assassin's creed the best historic-based series of all time (:
  7. Dec 7, 2011
    One of the best game in a series I have ever experienced, the story and the game play is more like a movie then a game...just AWESOME.

the game play, controls, graphics are great, I had no bugs...which is always a blessing...and it was hard to leave it at night, one of those games that just pulls you in the storyline and you have fun all the way. BRAVO
  8. Dec 23, 2011
    As of right now, I think Assassin's Creed Revelations is an amazing game. Having not played any of the Assassin's Creed games since 2 on the 360, and getting this for the PC I think this is an amazing game. I'm not sure how different this is from Brotherhood but the multiplayer is an incredible amount of fun and it never gets old for me. The story is amazing as always for an Assassin'sAs of right now, I think Assassin's Creed Revelations is an amazing game. Having not played any of the Assassin's Creed games since 2 on the 360, and getting this for the PC I think this is an amazing game. I'm not sure how different this is from Brotherhood but the multiplayer is an incredible amount of fun and it never gets old for me. The story is amazing as always for an Assassin's Creed game as well. I would HIGHLY recommend this game to a friend who wants a rich story and never-ending fun multiplayer experience. Expand
  9. Aug 10, 2012
    Clear the game just simply mega bomb! This game should put a very large otsenka.Pryamtaki odinatsat desyati.Vot worthy of the score is quite igre.A Sjolie tupite.Koroche game class to buy ALL ALL ALL.
  10. Dec 26, 2011
    Beautitful Ambient music, Beautiful and very detailed city, Great story. There are a few bug here and there, and the controls for PC are a bit wierd, but nothing to ruin the overall experience. Its a really good game that most gamers should give a try if their PCs are up for it.
  11. Mar 6, 2012
    another year, another terrible assasin's creed. why can't they let this grabage just die? ubisoft is a BAD joke and they should just stop existing. it's garbage
  12. Mar 14, 2013
    I loved it, wish AC3 was more like this. It made me very disapointed to see how AC3 turned out to be, wish they would just make them like this all the time.
  13. Aug 23, 2013
    This game is very good, it definitely didn't let me down from the last one, The hook-blade is a very good idea, i like that they changed up the menu, and the storyline just gets better. This game is a great game and anyone who says it isn't is just a silly goober
  14. Oct 13, 2012
    I bought this for Christmas.
    Now, I guess you could call me an Assassin's Creed veteran. I finished all of the AC games, bought every single one and have most of the collector's editions. I bought this hoping a decent game and what I got is more.
    I bought this for Christmas.
    Some of the, and well, sadly, most of the animations in this game are a little choppy, but ignoring that, I found the game's storyline, OST and gameplay to be magnificent. The game stays almost the same with more additions to weapons and items. Good old game with a continuation of the storyline and more additions. The mutiplayer seems a **** however.
  15. Nov 20, 2011
    This is an Assassin's Creed game. Not as great as Brotherhood, and not without its flaws, but still a game that delivers a complex and fulfilling experience. Visually stunning and with few here and there improvements, This is a game that overall will not disappoint! Just avoid the tower defence part and you'll be fine! :) i would give it an 8 but it is one of my favourite series and iThis is an Assassin's Creed game. Not as great as Brotherhood, and not without its flaws, but still a game that delivers a complex and fulfilling experience. Visually stunning and with few here and there improvements, This is a game that overall will not disappoint! Just avoid the tower defence part and you'll be fine! :) i would give it an 8 but it is one of my favourite series and i am giving it a break! OK? :) Expand
  16. Dec 3, 2011
    Assassin's Creed Revelations, the new installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise promises us to be a better game. But is it a better game than it's predecessor, Brotherhood? Well in my personal opinion, yes it is! First of all the graphics look better than Brotherhood, the sounds and acting is great. One flaw in this category is that I still want to hear the shiiiiing* sound when you doAssassin's Creed Revelations, the new installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise promises us to be a better game. But is it a better game than it's predecessor, Brotherhood? Well in my personal opinion, yes it is! First of all the graphics look better than Brotherhood, the sounds and acting is great. One flaw in this category is that I still want to hear the shiiiiing* sound when you do a high-profile assasination like in Assassin's Creed II. The gameplay is similar to Brotherhood, albeit with new moves thanks to the hookblade. Also the combat is similar to Brotherhood but it has new finishing moves. The plot is interesting and kept me tied to my chair refusing to let the game rest for more than 2 minutes. The apprentice and Mediterranian defense are also a big plus, I like the idea to conquer then try to maintain the city, not to mention the BOMBS. HOW COOL IS THAT??? You have your personal grenades ready to unleash hell on your opponents. But then again no game is without flaws, and this game has one or two. First of all the Den Defense, I expected it to be Ezio vs 100 templars, not a tower defense game. I'm not saying it is bad, maybe some might enjoy it, but my point is that it turned out to be what I didn't want it to be. Also there is no quest for you to get your end-game armor like in AC II or AC:B. I'm not givng any details on the multiplayer as I didn't try it.

Overall it is a worthy sequel, a must-have for AC Die Hard fans, and for casual gamers alike.
  17. Dec 22, 2011
    This game is well made but did not reveal much. We did get to know what happened to Altair after the first Assassins Creed, but otherwise not so revealing as it promised. I like how much they added with the Brotherhood of Assassins in this game, ibut some of the texture flaws in this game make it annoying and irritable. But is still is fun. I like it, 9 out of 10.
  18. Aug 5, 2014
    After the terrible slip that was Brotherhood, comes Revelations to repair the franchise's dignity. Revelations is superior to its predecessor in every regard, rivaling AC and AC:2 in what each does best, while doing so much more.

The first thing you'll notice about this game is that everything looks much, much better than in Brotherhood. Konstatinople rivals Venice as the most colourful location in any AC game, as do all of the secondary locations. Just as importantly, the city is a pleasure to navigate through, not just visually but also in terms of layout and freerunning paths. The features that allow for Ezio's stunts are not only convenient, but also look natural in their environment. This is something I couldn't say since the original AC.

The writing is as good as it has ever been. Unlike Brotherhood, Revelations is story-driven rather than a big collection of purposeless sidequests. Not that there are no sidequests to distract you, but they are much sparser and, frankly, I didn't miss them at all. The storytelling in this game is the richest and most colourful to date. Rather than throwing around faceless characters, just to name-drop a historical figure, AC:R takes a bit of time to develop some likable characters. This title takes it upon itself to patch the AC storyline, which by that point was stretched thin and made less and less sense.
    I think that a concise background story and motives for Desmond were way overdue.

In terms of fighting mechanics, Revelations is a marginal improvement over Brotherhood. Your assassin helpers are not as overpowered, and the use of camera feels less broken than in Brotherhood. Still, it doesn't seem that brilliant mechanics of the original AC will be making a comeback any time soon.

Revelations is not without fault. The unbeatable Janissaries that patrol parts of the city are an unpleasant encounter. The tower defense minigame is out of place. And the navigation puzzles you are expected to solve while getting Desmond's story felt are completely pointless. Seriously, it would have been better to just let us hear the story and admire the surreal environment.

Still, all things considered, AC:Revelations is the best AC so far.
  19. Jan 28, 2012
    Well, I've been expecting very much of this game. The storyline of the game is quite out of expectations than the other series. Something that shouldn't happen happens, and it injects the sensation into most players. And the word "revelations", is the key for players, but recommend to finish all other series before AC Revelations in order to completely understand the whole story. AltairWell, I've been expecting very much of this game. The storyline of the game is quite out of expectations than the other series. Something that shouldn't happen happens, and it injects the sensation into most players. And the word "revelations", is the key for players, but recommend to finish all other series before AC Revelations in order to completely understand the whole story. Altair learned of the past and the future, of life and death through the Apple. And players learn moral values and minds through the game. The real thing is, not only Ezio and Altair conduit the message to Desmond, but also through Desmond to players. Players will have to think deeply and they will get it. The soundtracks are also awesome as usual. Some are spiritual inspiring and some are cultural feel. The environment of the world is slightly different than the other series. For example, you get near to a soldier, they won't simply push you away. And if you pushed somebody accidentally, they would apologize too. And with Assassins and Templar Den, this cause a war that never ends in the game. The features are also slightly different. You can choose primary and secondary weapon to use them without wasting time. It also has variety of new combat techniques and slow motion camera. What makes a disappointment is that the Animus Virtual Training program has changed into a worse way. The training only allow you to play with specific requirements, unlike in AC Brotherhood that has lesser limitations. And there's no horse riding available in the game. It's worth if you are very interested with the story. But it would be better if you learn something in it, either changing to a better mind or combat. Expand
  20. Mar 25, 2013
    Excellent game. I only purchased it now becauese the other reviews scared me but now I see it was wrong. The game is simply better- The hookblade is the best improvement, making moving around faster if you have the skill to use it, the battle animation was improved, and the Zipplin assasination is probably the funniest way to kill your target (However, its not easy). The Tower defence isExcellent game. I only purchased it now becauese the other reviews scared me but now I see it was wrong. The game is simply better- The hookblade is the best improvement, making moving around faster if you have the skill to use it, the battle animation was improved, and the Zipplin assasination is probably the funniest way to kill your target (However, its not easy). The Tower defence is pretty boring, But you can avoid it if you bribe Heralds once a while, I only had to do it twice. The bombs addition can fit some people, I barely used it, there are plenty of ways to deal with targets without it. The story itself doesn't add much but some parts (Espacially the last assassination) include stunts that Hooliwood hasn't yet seen. Even the climbing parts, which I hated in Brotherhood, somehow became fun. Highly Recommended Expand
  21. Nov 18, 2012
    A brilliant game for Assassin's Creed Fans even though it feels a bit like brotherhood.
    The new game in Ubisofts francise has exeded it's predesecor Brotherhood but some things in the game are not as good as you want it to be. Of course as this is an assassin's Creed game, you'll be in an open world map and this time it's back to constantinople. The free running technique has been modified and feels better than brotherhood but the melee is basacly the same. The new mode Den Defence is not all that good and after a while will become tedious and boring. In the game you can also craft bombs which will help you in your story. As always the graphics deliver and are brilliant to see. The one thing that is completly outstanding, is the multiplayer. With new modes and even more wepons to play with you will be on it for hours on end. Verdict: This Game is amazing in multiplayer and the story is brilliant.As always the Graphics are good especialy in the first scene with Ezio. The music fit's the game but Den Defence is not the best. If your an Assassin's Creed fan get the game but it may feel a bit like Brotherhood. Presentation:9.5/10 Gameplay:8/10 Sound:9/10 Graphics:10/10 Replay Value:9/10 Overall:9/10
  22. May 31, 2013
    I rate this slightly lower than the previous AC releases only because the world in which it is set is so much smaller than the original AC and AC II only Constantinople. But it's still very worthwhile. The story line finally gives us an idea of what happened with Altair and the Apple. It provides some great humor (when he goes undercover as an Italian musician, it's hilarious) and someI rate this slightly lower than the previous AC releases only because the world in which it is set is so much smaller than the original AC and AC II only Constantinople. But it's still very worthwhile. The story line finally gives us an idea of what happened with Altair and the Apple. It provides some great humor (when he goes undercover as an Italian musician, it's hilarious) and some romance. And it includes mentoring other assassins, which I found an excellent idea in AC II. Don't know why it has such a low user score but I would highly recommend it, having played the entire series about half a dozen times! Expand
  23. Sep 8, 2013
    the game is excellent,good story line between ezio and altair ,many new functions also overall it is the best game new thing is that u can travel many far places in short time
  24. Sep 24, 2013
    El único problema que le encuentro es que no hace honor a su nombre: no hay "revelación", no nos cuentan nada que no supiéramos ya. Por lo demás, es un poco corto (comprensible, dado el tiempo de desarrollo) pero se perdona por poder ver a ese Ezio crepuscular viajando por las tierras de su antepasado a la caza de la verdad y esa estética tan cuidada, propia de los AC.
  25. Dec 24, 2011
    I think this game deserves a good 8/10 score. I agree it's very similiar to AC: Brotherhood so if you expect completly new type of experience - please don't buy the game or deal with it and don't troll it's score -.- .
    Thank you. There are a few new things from Broterhood, like a new weapon (the hoobklade) a new epic mini-game (den defense) and assassins managament system has been greatly improved.
    Ezio is also not so OP (killstreaks in brotherhood was like press a button and watch those 10 enemies day in a nice sequence) and there are new fighting moves. Oh and there are bombs - instead of smoke bomb now we can handcraft many diffrent bombs. Some of them are very usefull other just suck.
    The graphics are exacly same like in Brotherhood. I'm kinda dissapointed with bug that this game has. I didn't find any bugs in AC 2 or Brotherhood but in this game there are tons of minor bugs. If you want a 100 % polished game then wait till it's patched. Also new Desmond's face yeah it sucks Lol luckily you play 90 % time as Ezio (whose face is old and ugly but hey even assassins get old, YOU WILL TOO SO STOP HATING HIS LOOK ^^ )
  26. Mar 6, 2012
    Although some animations are a bit dodgy and the game looks like it was copy pasted from Brotherhood, I still enjoyed the new aspects of it and the story. I still believe it would be much better for Ubisoft to strive to make really good games and take their time instead of trying to release a new game every year. Sure they get richer, but I'm looking for quality, not quantity.
  27. Nov 27, 2011
    Definitely it's good sequel, but it's time now to come Assassin's Creed 3 and the graphic level to get more detail.For others things i haven't problems :)
  28. May 2, 2015
    Game: Assassin's Creed Revelations
    Genre: Action
    Developer: Ubisoft System: Steam (PC) Total Score: 85/100 Value Score: 8.5/10 • Story: 9/10 • Characters: 10/10 • GamePlay: 9/10 • Graphics: 9/10 • Sound: 9/10 • Music: 9/10 • Length: 5/10 • Replay Value: 6/10 • Player Value: 9/10 Pros +Retains similar gameplay to AC2 and ACB however adds new elements to the
    Game: Assassin's Creed Revelations

• Music: 9/10
    • Length: 5/10
    • Replay Value: 6/10
    • Player Value: 9/10

Pros
    +Retains similar gameplay to AC2 and ACB however adds new elements to the gameplay and features to the overall world such as the hookblade and the parachute.
    +All of the Assassin/recruiting guild features and Multiplayer features are back
    +Ability to create bombs and use bombs brings forth new ways to play the game
    +Everything from AC2 and AC Brotherhood in terms of town upgrades and renovations are back
    +A Portal style platformer mini game labeled as "The Lost Archive" is available
    +The menu/item/weapon scroll wheel interface is improved and now is controllable with two analog sticks which makes navigating much more simple than previous games.
    +Inclusion of Heavy weapons increases the amount of variety of weapons you can use in the game compared to previous games.
    +Great OST

Cons
    -Unable to re-do missions or sequences
    -Some sound effects go missing during some cutscenes (this may be a Uplay issue)
    -The game is more buggy than previous games and it is more common to come against floor glitches, etc
    -Some stuttering and lag occurs in the cutscenes (this may be a Uplay issue)
    -The game is shorter than the previously shorter than expected AC Brotherhood
    -The game feels a bit rushed when it comes to the storyline compared to previous AC games and feels like it should of been an extension to AC Brotherhood.
    -Recruitment of Assassins to the Assassin guild is more tedious than in Brotherhood
  29. Jan 4, 2012
    Let me start off by saying, this game is GOOD and worth buying. Definitely the weakest of the Ezio trilogy, but redeems itself at the end with a gripping and exciting last couple of hours that made the entire game worth playing. The story is short and does no justice to Ezio as a character. It does not emphasize his age as it hinted at in Brotherhood, and overall adds to depth to theLet me start off by saying, this game is GOOD and worth buying. Definitely the weakest of the Ezio trilogy, but redeems itself at the end with a gripping and exciting last couple of hours that made the entire game worth playing. The story is short and does no justice to Ezio as a character. It does not emphasize his age as it hinted at in Brotherhood, and overall adds to depth to the character, making him boring to play with. Altair on the other hand, is a absolute blast to play with. The sequences in which you play with him are some of the most memorable and exciting sequences yet in the AC series. They also add a huge amount of depth and awe to the Altair character. The biggest problem with this game is the lack of improvements. Bomb making and a hookblade aren't enough to make a whole new game. Additions I did like were obviously the Altair missions, the master assassin missions, and believe it or not, the Desmond memories. While the controls are extremely stiff, only allowing you to move in 8 directions, they are a fun change of pace and its nice to see more of Desmond. Additions I didn't like: The God-awful den defense, the lack of optional "armor tombs", the new characters (Yusuf is a terrible boring character, but Sophia is good, decent at least, the bad guys were just boring and had no depth), in fact the only character I really "liked" was Abbas, from the Altair missions. I say "like" because I had such a burning hatred for him that I haven't felt in a character since Skylar from Breaking Bad, but he was still a good antagonist. I never thought I would say this about an Assassins Creed game but despite its lack of huge changes, was the multiplayer. All the AC games I have played I always return them after I am done with the story and have all the collectibles, but this game, had me hooked from the first time brutally impaled a man with my spear (that's what he said). The game features new great modes like corruption, and it is 2011 multiplayer experience of the year for me. I honestly havent had that much fun in multiplayer since May, playing black ops with my buddies. Overall, this game is getting unjustly bashed, it is a worthy entry into the series, somewhat disappointing nonetheless, and it is worth your money. Even if you are not interested in the multiplayer, I insist you try it out. Expand
  30. Dec 30, 2011
    Assassin's Creed Revelations is basically more of the same, so lets head for the review it self.
    Evaluation Method > Graphics,Gameplay, Story and Soundtrack & Effects.
    Evaluation Method > Graphics,Gameplay, Story and Soundtrack & Effects.

Graphics: Nothing new here, aside from some improvement in the lightning and tone mapping but nothing significant. It's funny how the graphics of the first Assassin's Creed with DX10 are still the best among the series. Bottom line, the graphics are good but do not improve significantly from Brotherhood. Graphics Grade 7/10
    Gameplay: The gameplay remains as good as it used to be, combat is very centered in the counter kill system which works good but is not perfect, in the end the hookblade was an not so important addition as the game sells it. Gameplay Grade 8.5/10
    Story: I'll try not to spoil anything here by just saying: there are three storylines, one with Desmond, one with Ezio and a minor one with Altair, Altair and Ezio's stories are very well explained but Desmond's is very badly explained. Story Grade 8/10
    Soundtrack & Effects: So the sound effects are extremely good in some parts but very cheap in others, basically not so well developed.The soundtrack on the other hand is great through the game even though there parts without any, basically if you liked the previous games soundtracks you'll enjoy Revelations. Soundtrack & Effects Grade 8/10

So Assassin's Creed Revelations > Final Grade: 7.87/10 which means 8/10.
  31. Dec 28, 2011
    This game was a massive leap forward for me as I have only played the first game all the way through. I have played brotherhood and II. This game is nothing drastically new but it has enough new features to make it a worthy successor to Brotherhood. The new setting is great and a welcome change from Italy. However, looking towards the next game, I am hoping the do something new, as I thinkThis game was a massive leap forward for me as I have only played the first game all the way through. I have played brotherhood and II. This game is nothing drastically new but it has enough new features to make it a worthy successor to Brotherhood. The new setting is great and a welcome change from Italy. However, looking towards the next game, I am hoping the do something new, as I think that this formular, characters and setting are all worn out. A new time period and a proper sequel to assassins creed II will be needed in order to keep this series fresh. I want Assassin's Creed III. Expand
  32. Dec 29, 2011
    It's a great game for those who likes the series, but it's not very fresh. It gets repetitive, it doesn't have a lot of new features. It doesn't have the unique feel the 2 predecessors had, On the other two you remembered at what place you were at just by looking around, on this one everyplace seems to be the same... It wasn't very special for ezio's storyline either, the game only gave usIt's a great game for those who likes the series, but it's not very fresh. It gets repetitive, it doesn't have a lot of new features. It doesn't have the unique feel the 2 predecessors had, On the other two you remembered at what place you were at just by looking around, on this one everyplace seems to be the same... It wasn't very special for ezio's storyline either, the game only gave us missions to go after some stuff to get access to altair's memories and help the other assassins without any real, solid objective. The Den missions are boring. The side quests are not fresh anymore, so they're not very great. But yeah, overall it was a good game and it throws us on a good place for the next one, which I think it's going to be a blast. Expand
  33. Feb 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I liked this game but.....
    It seems like Ubisoft is going for the crappy set piece moments (Thanks COD>:() and doing the release every year and do little changes. Me personally I HATED Brotherhood I couldn't like it. This game fairs better, the hook blade is awesome, the kill moves are crazy, the story is good, and characters are better. My favorite: Altiar came back with a different voice actor (not happy about that) but I felt connected to the characters, I was sad when I witnessed Altiars final moments knowing that I was him back in 2007 and like 4 hours ago but a younger version of him. I was also way more connected to Ezio like in 2009 in assassins creed 2. The multiplayer is WAY better, there are not clones everywere (thank god) if you see a person that looks like the person in the picture its them. Customization is great. This is a good game but at certain moments forgets to be assassins creed like in demonds journey (side missions) they are unlocked through finding collectibles and are annoying puzzles (its first person), its got a little bit of a portal theme (not as fun as portal) Why can't we just learn about him? Why do we have to go through these annoying puzzles? The tower defense is fun but clunky. This game is great but has flaws.
  34. Jul 23, 2012
    Continuing where Brotherhood left off, I was happy to get to spend more time learning about Desmond and fleshing him out as a character. Being able to wrap up Subject 16's story (which honestly was entirely peripheral in the first two AC2 games) was also enjoyable. Gameplay is just as solid as AC2 and Brotherhood, and there are far fewer issues with the camera this time around. DespiteContinuing where Brotherhood left off, I was happy to get to spend more time learning about Desmond and fleshing him out as a character. Being able to wrap up Subject 16's story (which honestly was entirely peripheral in the first two AC2 games) was also enjoyable. Gameplay is just as solid as AC2 and Brotherhood, and there are far fewer issues with the camera this time around. Despite others' complaints about the den defense mini-game, I was able to avoid triggering it even once while completing the single player campaign. Ezio's story does feel less important that Desmond's this time, which can be a good or bad thing depending on what you enjoy in the series. I was glad to learn more about what was going on in the present-day world, and the reasons for all of the events that had taken place in the previous games. The game also wraps up Altair's story, which frankly was more fun than actually playing through the first game. Things are wrapped up nicely for Ezio, though the love interest bit seems very tacked on, and somewhat out of character for him. Despite some minor flaws, Revelations is a great conclusion to the AC2 series of games. Looking forward to AC3. Expand
  35. Jan 28, 2012
    The game is great ! great to play . Real nice addition to the assassins series ! just didn't like that they make such a good game n end it so fast , i mean the game is very small . with all the features n game play gamer's would love to play more ! Also the end isn't so mind boggling or doesn't leave us amazed or confused like the last games assassins creed 2 and brotherhood ,So that aThe game is great ! great to play . Real nice addition to the assassins series ! just didn't like that they make such a good game n end it so fast , i mean the game is very small . with all the features n game play gamer's would love to play more ! Also the end isn't so mind boggling or doesn't leave us amazed or confused like the last games assassins creed 2 and brotherhood ,So that a minor issue . But its features and game play and story and Desmond being trapped in animus , trying to remember his past , Ezio getting to know the main event's happened in Altair's life , all this just overcomes the small issues making it a Fabulous game !!!. Expand
  36. Dec 3, 2013
    The story was worse than Brotherhood, the gameplay was better and the new setting was awesome. Sadly it lacked polish and was the first AC game to come out with major glitches present. There was no story outside animus which I think was a bad design choice. Still awesome gets 8.5/10.
  37. Jul 17, 2012
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations stays true to game mechanics so who liked the prvious AC's will like this one too. The story still stays a bit confusing but we actually do get some revelations :)
  38. Oct 30, 2012
    No game deserves a 0,as can be seen by quite a few reviews down here. I must say this game has not lived up to it's full potential, and has been quite a let down to many of it's fans. However, i must say that Assassin's Creed Revelations is a good enough way to send off Ezio and end the altair storyline. With several new mechanics and more of the good stuff, i believe this game is worthNo game deserves a 0,as can be seen by quite a few reviews down here. I must say this game has not lived up to it's full potential, and has been quite a let down to many of it's fans. However, i must say that Assassin's Creed Revelations is a good enough way to send off Ezio and end the altair storyline. With several new mechanics and more of the good stuff, i believe this game is worth your time if you're a fan of the franchise Expand
  39. Mar 29, 2014
    The fourth instalment of the franchise, with Ubisoft stepping it up over the course of 4 years, Assassin's Creed Revelations definitely have faults of its own compared to its predecessors.

While retains the linear storyline of the previous Assassin's Creed games, it adds a few more obstructive technical issues that somewhat affects the overall experience badly. For example, having

For example, having vsync turned 'Off' and a refresh rate over 60hz often results in crashes and glitches, in between the main story missions. It is extremely annoying at times, especially because it has already seen it's existence since AC2 and had gotten worse.. Crashes doesn't happen just once or twice, probably a good 10+ in total.

Graphics wise, there isn't much improvements from the previous titles, and looks just slightly better.

My conclusion is that if you've enjoyed Ezio, Altair, and Desmond's stories, then Assassin's Creed Relevations is one title that you cannot miss, an EPIC end to the Altair/Ezio story. If not, then you probably won't enjoy it a whole lot.
  40. Jun 13, 2013
    Revelations has a lot of improvements on Brotherhood and it has amazing moments that will make your jaw drop the graphics are great and the gameplay is smooth and also transportation became much faster and better also the story is good but i didn't like that they ditched horses in this game that's what i didn't like after all it is a great game and the best end for Ezio and Altair story
  41. Jan 9, 2014
    As compared to brotherhood, there may not be many new things added to the game. There's the hook blade and bomb crafting which are both excellent. The Den Defense and Desmond platform missions are however, not so great. Apart from these there have been many tweaks, but they are all minor. It feels and plays just like Brotherhood. This is the ONLY flaw in the game. The game is terrific inAs compared to brotherhood, there may not be many new things added to the game. There's the hook blade and bomb crafting which are both excellent. The Den Defense and Desmond platform missions are however, not so great. Apart from these there have been many tweaks, but they are all minor. It feels and plays just like Brotherhood. This is the ONLY flaw in the game. The game is terrific in all departments. The Story is the best I've ever heard. It's absolutely stellar. There are a lot of moments in the game that quite frankly WILL take your breath away and leave you with goosebumps. Storytelling has been improved by miles and the cinematic cut scenes are excellent. Ubisoft has done a great job in tying up all the main characters together and the story really comes together in the end. A perfect goodbye to Altair and Ezio Auditore. Their stories are legendary, they are an inspiration and they will never be forgotten. Ending could not be more perfect. It's explained perfectly and really stirs up a lot of excitement for what's to come ahead. Assassin's Creed Revelations : "Checkmate. Your Move Assassin's Creed III." Expand
  42. Jun 22, 2014
    Even the greatest heroes can't live forever. So it goes for Ezio Auditore, who finally steps aside to make room for new champions in Assassin's Creed Revelations. The game sets you loose in a visually stunning recreation of 15h Century Constantinople, where you leap across rooftops like a renaissance superhero. But like many sequels, Assassin's Creed Revelations has many flaws. You loseEven the greatest heroes can't live forever. So it goes for Ezio Auditore, who finally steps aside to make room for new champions in Assassin's Creed Revelations. The game sets you loose in a visually stunning recreation of 15h Century Constantinople, where you leap across rooftops like a renaissance superhero. But like many sequels, Assassin's Creed Revelations has many flaws. You lose horses and other serious improvements in the last game in favor of awkward mechanics that don't belong. Those include first person plat forming and tower defense battles. Neither of which are very good. Thankfully when Assassin's Creed Revelations remembers to be an Assassin's Creed game, it reminds you of what makes this series so great. Assassin's Creed Revelations isn't all about Ezio Auditore's story, it's also Desmond Mile's story. Here Desmond Mile's mind is a prisoner within the animus. This computerized space is presented as an island. Where shimmering doors leads to his ancestor's memories as well as his own. Playing as Desmond Miles isn't as entertaining as is it was in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. That's due in part to the levels that represent his memories. This synthetic cyberspace environments are a cool backdrop but the gameplay isn't fun. You create blocks and ramps out of thin air and move forward, but the jumping feels flat and the puzzles don't test your mind, they are just frustrating. This is one of Assassin's Creed Revelations attempt to force elements into a game that doesn't benefit from them. Unfortunately, you spend the bulk of your time as Ezio and sometimes as Altair from Assassin's Creed 1. It seems it's near the games conclusion throb with emotional resonance. Yes, there are a few great holy cow moments near the end, but it's the calm before the storm that tides two lives together and thus impresses the most. It makes you realize you will miss these Assassins of centuries past. As for Ezio Auditore's story, it's as tired as the older Ezio looks. Great voice actors sell every line, but the political intrigue among the Sultan's family just isn't that interesting. Still Assassin's Creed Revelations largely impresses thanks to how much fun it is to move through its' world. That's partly because of the gorgeous views. It's partly because of the fantastic soundtrack. But it's also because it's climbing and leaping is so joyful. The addition of the hook blade enhances the parkour of past games. You can climb faster, glide down zip lines and grab walls you would have missed in the past. You can also float downwards with parachutes. The result, plat forming is exhilarating as ever and certain set piece missions, like one in which you escape a burning boat ramp up the excitement. Not every set piece moment is as good as that one. Avoiding rocks as you drag behind a curating carriage isn't fun for example. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood did these kinds of scripted events better albeit Assassin's Creed Revelations does make important improvements. Assassin recruitment returns, but sending your brothers and sisters on missions now has more context. Setting Assassins to different cities reduces Templar control and increases Assassins control. The simple addition of a strategic element keeps recruitment from being simple busy work. In addition, there are quests you do with fully leveled assassins. Now, you actually feel like a mentor. An addition that isn't so good is that of tower defense. You capture Templar regimes, by killing commanders and lighting signal fires, but the Templars will try to get them back which means having to play a boring tower defense game. You stand on a roof, assign assassins to different locations and try to defeat waves of enemies. The simple mechanic structure make this a dull exercise and the camera close-ups of falling Templars disrupt the flow. Tower defense isn't all that's new. Now you can craft bombs out of ingredients you find. Combine them at a crafting station and viola. Bombs that explode release poison gas and so on. Combat has seen other changes such as awesome new finishing moves in addition of enemy gunners. Multiplayer returns as well, with some new modes like death match and capture the flag variant. Death match doesn't have the attention that the returning modes do. It's still more enjoyable to sling through the crowds, blending in while hoping your target slips up and makes himself known. Artifact assault gives you a chance to speed across rooftops with the enemies flag, which is quite fun. But, Assassin's Creed Revelations is at its best when it focuses on what the series does best. The first person puzzling and tower defense are bewildering additions, but when you skyrocket across the rooftops of this magnificent city, the stunning sites transport you to another century. Remember, "Nothing is true... Everything is permitted". "La shai wak'ion motlaq bal kollon momken". I would give this game a rating of 84 out of 100. Expand
  43. Feb 1, 2012
    A intriguing but cliche finish to the story. The city of Istanbul is magnificently portrayed. However, some of the dialogues are weak and unrealistic and the limited voices makes all the minor characters sound the same.
    This game's strong point is the overall expanding assassin's creed concept of the animus but the previous games are more interesting .
    There was a lot of potential
    There was a lot of potential unrealised in this game and that is a real pity.

Ultimately, Revelations leaves behind a bittersweet taste: it's the end of a saga (or two, depending on how you view things) and integrates fairly well in the timeline of the series, but... it's nothing more than a detour that answers a few questions, not an actual step forward.
  2. Feb 29, 2012
    It's the perfect closure for Ezio's trilogy; however, it does not offer something completely new and if you were getting tired by Brotherhood's mechanisms, Revelations will definitely not change your mind.
    It's Assassin with all you love and hate, plus even more world control and bombs and genre experiments. Only the visuals are getting old while the foes are not getting any smarter. [Christmas 2011]