Atari: 80 Classic Games in One PC

5.1

1. jodyr
    Oct 30, 2009
    Terrible implementation. Would like my money back plus minimum wage for few minutes I managed to invest in this lame collection.
  2. DylanM
    Jun 6, 2008
    Yes these are great games. I bought this for gravitar alone, and the price would have been fair for that alone, if the presentation weren't as awful as it is. But awful it is: terrible , worse than 8-bit interface (no, not cute!), frequent crashes, and no updates from Steam. I'd like my money back.
  3. DavidS
    Apr 9, 2008
    Unless you have a horribly old (slow) machine, all you will get is a black screen - read the forum comments before buying for all of the compatibility problems!
  4. AnonymousMC
    Mar 4, 2009
    Would not work with either XP Pro SP3 or Vista Bus. Gave up. No help from Steam. (I bought from them)
  5. JacobD
    Apr 23, 2008
    It doesn't even work on either of my PC's. I am using a top of the line quad core with vista, and a 2.6 GHz with XP, dosen't work at all for either, just crashes when I select a game. I am very disappointed and I want my money back.
  6. coline
    Dec 25, 2009
    The emulator is so old it would probably run better in a 1990's emulator! Too many crashes, hang ups, stuttering to be playable which is only going to get worse as current hardware moves further away from the shabby front end, the games would still be brilliant if you could just get at em!

For gamers pushing thirty, Atari 80 is a window to the past and the essential anthology of Atari classics. For the uninitiated, 80 Classic Games could be the first course book in your self-education of "The History of Electronic Gaming."
  2. A great way to relive some of the high points of classic gaming. However, poorly implemented customization options and sometimes less-than-perfect emulation tarnish what would otherwise be an incredible trip down memory lane.
    With slightly better play control and improved vector-graphics information, the collection could be a definitive representation of videogames from the late '70s and early '80s, but as it stands, it's a fairly average look at gaming's early days.