Atom Zombie Smasher PC

7.1

1. Nov 2, 2011
    Amazing idea, really fun gameplay but isn't worth a single dollar. It's the most random and hard game I've ever played. you play half of the campaign looking too good, and suddenly the zombies start spreading like a plague and you are guaranteed to get a random selection of the most useless units that will make the campaign unbeatable... Thankfully I got it for free in the Humble BundleAmazing idea, really fun gameplay but isn't worth a single dollar. It's the most random and hard game I've ever played. you play half of the campaign looking too good, and suddenly the zombies start spreading like a plague and you are guaranteed to get a random selection of the most useless units that will make the campaign unbeatable... Thankfully I got it for free in the Humble Bundle and didn't pay for it... Expand
  2. Dec 26, 2011
    Here is a game that takes all the fun out of a zombie apocalypse. The trailers make it seem like the premise is tactically nuking zombies while keeping survivors intact. In reality, most of your time is spent avoiding the absurdly fast pink squares (zombies, just add imagination) and using an easily frightened away helicopter to airlift the defenseless (and largely suicidal) yellowHere is a game that takes all the fun out of a zombie apocalypse. The trailers make it seem like the premise is tactically nuking zombies while keeping survivors intact. In reality, most of your time is spent avoiding the absurdly fast pink squares (zombies, just add imagination) and using an easily frightened away helicopter to airlift the defenseless (and largely suicidal) yellow squares. As the game gets harder, you are given troops that can kill the zombies, but then those troops are taken away randomly while the difficulty remains the same. Yay. Finally, the game itself is very user unfriendly. There's no restart button from the pause menu, there's no option to change your loadout as you want it, and the game itself, even when you have the troops you need, is repetitive and dull. It tries to be unique and goofy, but succeeds in being irritating and disappointing. Do not waste your money. Do not waste your time. Play anything but this. Expand
  3. Mar 3, 2012
    Boring, repetitive and ugly. Do not waste your money. The graphics look like something from the 80's and the gameplay just sucks. Every mission is essentially the same. I had enough after three maps but forced myself to keep playing to see if it got better. It didn't.
  4. Mar 13, 2012
    Are you really kidding me? After gaming for nearly 30 years, this has got to be the most worthless pile of oozing dung of a so called game I've ever seen! I will leave it at that. This game surely SUX to a pure 10++++ Go on...spend your money then..
  5. Nov 8, 2012
    I didn't like the game at all. It's just not much fun.

Pro: interesting presentation (music, ambience, etc), but I personally don't think it fits very well in a zombie game.
    Cons: gameplay sucks. Weapons are very slow to respond, zombies move too fast, frustrating. Didn't feel like playing after 3 maps.
  6. Jul 19, 2012
    The 30 minutes the game worked it seemed pretty cool.

That said, the game crashes to the Blue Screen of Death with ATI video cards. No known fix, no patch planned from what I could tell when searching through the publishers site.
  7. Dec 11, 2012
    Gameplay revolves around protecting an overworld map from zombie infestations. You pick out regions to evacuate and send in troops/artillery/explosives to fight off the zombies while your chopper air-lifts civilians and scientists (for researching upgrades). It gets repetitive because each zone is randomly generated, even if you restart the current mission. However there is no way toGameplay revolves around protecting an overworld map from zombie infestations. You pick out regions to evacuate and send in troops/artillery/explosives to fight off the zombies while your chopper air-lifts civilians and scientists (for researching upgrades). It gets repetitive because each zone is randomly generated, even if you restart the current mission. However there is no way to preview what the map will look like when you choose to evac it; besides a general difficulty number, there's no sure way to prepare your loadout. This leads to occasionally forfeiting a zone and losing a turn, potentially costing you the whole campaign. Some replay value is provided by mutators which affect everything from possible loadouts to super weapon strengths. I got this in the humble indie bundle 3 and find it very entertaining in small doses. Worth checking out if you're looking for a twist on tower defense games. Expand

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 20, 2011
    Atom Zombie Smasher is a strangely compelling game. At the same time, it's simple but addictive, funny yet disturbing. It does get repetitive after a while, but not until you've gotten your money's worth. [May 2011]
  2. PC PowerPlay
    May 22, 2011
    A unique take on the zombie apocalypse, and one we would love to see more of in the future. [June 2011, p.67]
  3. Apr 26, 2011
    The short, breakneck campaigns create a compelling game you'll likely revisit time and time again. It's the perfect blend of planning and reflexes, requiring you to thoroughly plan every move but remain highly reactive and adaptable.