AudioSurf PC

8.8

1. Maciej
    Mar 1, 2008
    Good game, I've purchased the full version, but it's getting boring quite fast. Anyway worth the price.
  2. Feb 12, 2011
    This game is a great way to entertain yourself if you are bored or have not very much to do. It can also be highly competitive thanks to the scoreboard system, which enables you to see your friend's scores on the specific song played.
  3. Jan 10, 2013
    A dynamic and entertaining game, ideal to enjoy your favorite songs, however, are missing multiplayer mode to play with friends.
    Although the interface is not too late, maybe too simple, balanced by its high playability, and hours of musical fun it can offer.
    I also mentioned the difficulty small game start to understand the different game modes and controls.
  4. XinL.
    Mar 2, 2008
    it feels like a beta release. numerous crash. Always disconnected from server. It's fun to play it everyday for 10 minutes or 2 songs, then you'll just wonder what you are doing.
  5. BrandonM.
    Apr 15, 2008
    Honestly save some money and just listen to your favorite music while playing Tetris. Its a overly simplistic game and even the artistic work on the Audiosurf levels couldn't be more bland. You look at the track outlook and you see a massive cliff and you expect a epic decline but it has no 3d effect at all it just looks like your going straight. Its just a expensive way to listen to music.
  6. antonys
    Dec 19, 2009
    this game is good for the first week after a bit you just get sick and tired of hitting some coloured notes with a ship the most entertaining thing i find about this is MY MUSIC and if i wanted to listen to my music thats what a media player is for the only way you could posible play this for ages is if you like flashing lights and having a fit from the colours its like banging your head this game is good for the first week after a bit you just get sick and tired of hitting some coloured notes with a ship the most entertaining thing i find about this is MY MUSIC and if i wanted to listen to my music thats what a media player is for the only way you could posible play this for ages is if you like flashing lights and having a fit from the colours its like banging your head against a wall repeatavly this game if you do buy this its worth the £6 a pound a day and you will most likely never use it again Expand
  7. CarlosG.
    May 10, 2008
    I don't see why so many people are rating this game so high. I played one song and I don't even remember if I finished it. I can't understand why people say it's addictive. Thank god they offer a free demo, because the rating and reviews were exaggerated.
  8. Jean-PhilippeJ.
    Mar 11, 2008
    Great game, but rapidly repetitive... It's not bad for the low price.
  9. Nov 13, 2011
    Audiosurf is one of those games you play when you're bored. It's a game that should be found on a flash player website, or something similar. Sometimes it comes on sale for only $2.50, and even that isn't worth it. The graphics aren't anything to be stunned by, and the gameplay is very lacking. Fun for an hour (maybe two), but after that you'll find yourself wondering what you are doingAudiosurf is one of those games you play when you're bored. It's a game that should be found on a flash player website, or something similar. Sometimes it comes on sale for only $2.50, and even that isn't worth it. The graphics aren't anything to be stunned by, and the gameplay is very lacking. Fun for an hour (maybe two), but after that you'll find yourself wondering what you are doing with your life. Expand
  10. Jun 18, 2012
    Just dont get the point. You need a music library worth 40 bucks just to enjoy this 10 dollar 3 lane highway thing. Can this even be called a game? I have no idea. This game is boring. There's free valve mods that your will spend way more time on.
  11. BoyR.
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lots of fun but be warned it does seem to be highly and unstable and prone to crashing...hopefully they'll get this sorted out with a patch.
  12. MarkT.
    Feb 29, 2008
    For $10 maybe I can understand the high scores, but the game - while a fun novelty outing for your music collection - does not compare to other great musical games like rez, lumines, or even something like wipeout, which offers better gameplay to great tunes. The fact that it's your own tunes is very fun, but wears off...
  13. JamesH.
    May 22, 2008
    A good game, just not worthy of the scores it's goten so far. Very fun, but that's mainly because you are playing your favorite songs. A simple waste of time, but that's ok.
  14. ChrisH.
    Jun 12, 2008
    This is a fun game in short bursts - I enjoyed being able to play the game whilst listening to tracks from my favourite bands, like Flesh Eating Foundation, at the same time. But it is overall simply an MP3 player with legs -pretty legs mind.
  15. Oct 4, 2011
    Audiosurf could have been great, but it's flaws prevent it from being so. Firstly, the track generation is horrible, the tracks have very little in common with the songs I used. Secondly, the game is far to easy. even on "Ninja". On the upside the game does look very pretty, and the tracks speed up at the right time, which can be cool, but ultimately, Audiosurf isn't very good.
  16. Sep 10, 2011
    great laid back game. until you play a very fast song to it. i tryed to play scatman john and i was overwhelmed. the game itself isnt great but when you get to relax to your favorite jams then its fun. its like an upraded way of listening to music. to map usually moves to you music so i like it but the game alone isnt fun without the music it would be boring.
  17. Jul 10, 2011
    This is a fun little game. It supports almost any audio format. Just pick your music and the game generates a racetrack for you. A very original idea.

The graphics are no masterpiece by far, but that doesn't really matter once you get going.

Good fun when you have a few minutes to spare.
  18. Jun 18, 2013
    This is a game that every music loving gamer should pick up. This is definitely an example of an indie game that did the best within the means the developers had. The game does a great job at making the music have a feel when the riders fly across the track. Controls are perfectly tight, and you have a choice between mouse, keyboard or xbox controller without any special tweaking ofThis is a game that every music loving gamer should pick up. This is definitely an example of an indie game that did the best within the means the developers had. The game does a great job at making the music have a feel when the riders fly across the track. Controls are perfectly tight, and you have a choice between mouse, keyboard or xbox controller without any special tweaking of settings.

Most people play the mono style which is simply dodge the gray blocks and grab the colored ones.

THe one thing this game could have would be a more consistant level builder that made block grabbing a bit more interesting. Sometimes tracks will have a corkscrew in them which is fun, but only once per track on some tracks on some songs only. It would be great to have these show up more than once and even add in flips and other interesting track variations.

While not perfect, the game is certainly worth the price you pay. It isn't complex, it isn't stressful like other indie rhythm games, its just right.
  19. Oct 16, 2013
    Weird idea... play racing tetris which dynamically changes based on the tunes you feed it. A really novel and fun idea, but once the novelty wears off there's not a lot of substance under the skin.
  20. Jul 20, 2012
    I score this a 5 because it;s a very average as a game, but compensating is that it's intellectually interesting to me as I'm a songwriter. You pick songs from your mp3 library and the program constructs a track that matches the music. To me I was curious just what type of tracks the program would build for various songs. The visuals often make what's happening in the song moreI score this a 5 because it;s a very average as a game, but compensating is that it's intellectually interesting to me as I'm a songwriter. You pick songs from your mp3 library and the program constructs a track that matches the music. To me I was curious just what type of tracks the program would build for various songs. The visuals often make what's happening in the song more apparent. For example: "Sweet Home Alabama" has alot more bumpy/bouncy course than I expected. Something like Boston's "MOre than a feeling" builds an epic course that slows/races with the energy of the music. Many rock songs are just straight downhill at the same rate the whole way. Songs with lots of transitions will create more "interesting" tracks and effects in my view. Most interesting to me was when I loaded my own songs in and played the course. Very cool to see the program's visual interpretation of your own songs. Expand
  21. Jan 20, 2012
    Interesting for a while, and overall quite creative, but is gets boring quickly in the long run. The gameplay isn't that fun really, but interesting for a while with good music.
  22. Aug 15, 2012
    The interactivity is very primitive, falling short of my low expectations. I'd much rather scribble in MSPaint while listening to my music, or watch the WMP visualizer. Rockband/Guitar Hero are miles ahead of Audiosurf in terms of design, playability, and fun.
  23. Jan 29, 2013
    It's quite a novelty to have your favorite songs translate into the gaming world. Though the game was fun, it didn't have lasting appeal to me--mostly because the only driving element of the game was I got to listen to my favorite songs and see how they would translate into a roller-coaster that I could ride.
  24. Jan 8, 2015
    Is your house buried in snow? Or are you bored and you have nothing else to play? Then this is your game. While listening to your own music, you gather colored blocks to earn a high score to beat friends or even get on the global leaderboard on the games website. If you get the wrong colors, the screen shakes, resets your ship, and you lose points. Overall its fun and good time wasting game.
  25. AWG
    Jul 9, 2013
    Cute and indi3lov3rz-friendly, Audiosurf would be eligible to win a contest for the most overrated game ever in the history of gaming. You keep moving your mouse right and left to catch blocks and after one hour of this you stop and realize you actually spent only 10 minutes went by. Meh.
    Also, very racist towards who only use online radio streaming (Spotify, Pandora, last.fm) and down't actually own any file audio.
  26. Aug 20, 2014
    Its a fun game if you listen to a lot of music. Truly I actually only bought it about a month ago and it can get boring if you are used to other games. I still enjoyed it just not as much and not as long. I will continue playing it though as a relaxation game. It was fun but I might get the second one because it is more advanced and higher graphics it seems.
  27. Jan 1, 2014
    In spite of worthing it`s price if bought on a sale, it don`t worth your time. It is a fun game, but I played it sometimes an then i never played it again. If you are sure you will play it, go ahead and buy it. Otherwise, save your money and time for another game
  28. Nov 24, 2015
    Surf Your Music!

Overall: 70% (63.4/90)

Atmosphere: 7.8/10

Tutorial: 1.0/5
    Variety in Items: 5.9/10

Cost-Benefit Ratio: 2/4
    System Requirements: 1/1

1. At the very worst, it's an ingenious multimedia toy that'll have you dusting off the untouched corners of your MP3 collection for a few happy evenings. But for those twitching fingers that still enjoy the thrill of the high score, Audiosurf has the potential to become a bite-sized obsession thanks to its quick fix gameplay and infinite musical possibilities.
  2. AudioSurf is very good value for money. It’s fun, fresh, and addicting.
  3. Obviously a work of passion, Audiosurf is a game that must not be missed by anyone, especially with an above average interest in music.