AudioSurf PC

8.8

1. Jul 24, 2015
    Fun, colourful, fast paced and down right addictive. Audiosurf is cheap and a must have for music lovers everywhere. The bpm time up so well with the game play that it just puts a big ol' grin on my face!
  2. Dec 4, 2012
    AudioSurf is the best way to enjoy your music, race around a track generated from the sound of your song collecting the coloured blocks to score points. Enjoy enhancements to your song the better you play and even a nice visual show. Music will never be the same again
  3. Aug 12, 2011
    Audiosurf is incredibly fun. It is one of those games that you will spend hours playing on first few days, and even though it quickly gets repetitive, it is something you can keep coming back to very frequently, because the game is as diverse as your music library. Overall when I first started playing Audiosurf, it felt like a neat and simple little game, which managed with just a fewAudiosurf is incredibly fun. It is one of those games that you will spend hours playing on first few days, and even though it quickly gets repetitive, it is something you can keep coming back to very frequently, because the game is as diverse as your music library. Overall when I first started playing Audiosurf, it felt like a neat and simple little game, which managed with just a few basic elements to create a fascinating experience. Each and every song causes a different race track to be created, with slow bits of the song going slowly uphill and the upbeat parts going steeply downhill at an incredible speed. It doesn't play like guitar hero, it is something entirely different. The game has 12 different characters/vehicles you can play as and each one offers a slightly different gameplay. Some allow you to delete certain colours temporarily, others allows you to pick up certain blocks and place them elsewhere, thirds give you access to two vehicles at once, testing your multitasking skill, but perhaps the most distinct and addictive style is the Mono style (it has 3 different vehicles), where you don't need to filter between different colours, but simply collect all coloured blocks and dodge a multitude of grey blocks on the way. To conclude I'd say that everyone should have this game on their computer. It's a nice thing to play if you want not just to listen to your music, but to engage in it. Audiosurf is so simple and easy to use that it is one of those things you can play whether you have a lot of free time available or only 15-20 minutes. Expand
  4. CRL
    Jul 25, 2011
    Kind of a spin on Guitar Hero, AudioSurf puts you in a little ship traveling down a three-lane road, trying to match a bunch of colored blocks. It works perfectly in tune to the music, and each of the different 'characters' will appeal to a person's style in a different way. I got it ridiculously cheap during a Steam sale, and I enjoy it more than some games I've paid full price for.Kind of a spin on Guitar Hero, AudioSurf puts you in a little ship traveling down a three-lane road, trying to match a bunch of colored blocks. It works perfectly in tune to the music, and each of the different 'characters' will appeal to a person's style in a different way. I got it ridiculously cheap during a Steam sale, and I enjoy it more than some games I've paid full price for. It's fun, addictive, and will keep you interested as long as your music library is full. Expand
  5. Nov 20, 2013
    Of all the music based games that I have played this one is my favourite… I'm not a major fan of the new your music makes the game genre; but this one looks good, it's simple and quite enjoyable! The game doesn't really have great variety, despite proclaiming many game modes they’re all basically the same thing! I will admit the fun comes from trying many of your favourite songs; and theOf all the music based games that I have played this one is my favourite… I'm not a major fan of the new your music makes the game genre; but this one looks good, it's simple and quite enjoyable! The game doesn't really have great variety, despite proclaiming many game modes they’re all basically the same thing! I will admit the fun comes from trying many of your favourite songs; and the speed of your ship and the length of the route all depend on the way the track is arranged and it’s really done very well. The main downside to the game for me comes down to the general interface being quite clunky, but overall it provides a lot of fun! Expand
  6. Nov 13, 2011
    The ultimate casual game. Playing to your own music, your scores are entered to international leader boards. There's nothing more satisfying than getting the number one score on a track, knowing that you played better than anyone else in the world. Except perhaps the satisfaction of beating a friend's score, knowing that they'll receive an email advising them of the fact.

Initially you

Initially you can play with the "casual" characters, which provide a nice, relaxed way to learn the ropes, or simply a new way to enjoy your favourite music. As you improve there are increasingly difficult levels to test your skills.

There is a lot of depth here for those willing to find it. Especially if you have a number of friends playing the game to compete against.
  7. Jan 15, 2012
    I tried several "play your music" type of games lately, but this one seems to be the only one to do it properly. If it had a serious budget and marketing, it would be a real blast, but its what it is.
  8. Jul 23, 2013
    If you like to do something suitable while hearing music, would you like Audiosurf. You drive a rack, that fits to the music and looks great, if you change the look in the options how you want it. Additional you have the option to make it easy or hard, so you will find your way, how you like to play it.
  9. Feb 17, 2015
    Dylan Fitterer did an amazing job! His game is beautiful, relaxing and enjoyable. I liked every hour that I have spent with this game. In my opinion everybody should try it! It didnt work perfectly with every song but it's fantastic anyway!
  10. Jul 3, 2011
    Play with your music. In other words, surf it. This game is a great way to listen to all your "unappreciated" music and be entertained at the same time. This would be a PERFECT replacement for my Windows Media Player and iTunes. If only it had the repeat function...
  11. Jan 18, 2013
    A great game that's definitely worth the price and you'll keep coming back to. Audiosurf offers an enhanced musical experience, colorful visuals, addictive gameplay and a competitive edge for the more hardcore gamers out there willing to top the scoreboards. Highly recommended.
  12. May 16, 2012
    Do you have to like 3 things to enjoy this game: Puzzles, Racing and Music. I just love these three subjects and thats why I can call this game amazing. It fits perfectly in what I was looking for: A very nice game for spend some quality time.

Please, if you like Puzzles and Music don't let those bad comments stop you. This game really worths the try. 10 very well spent bucks.
  13. Jul 1, 2012
    I like serious games, ones that focus on details, an engrossing, fascinating plot, I like smooth gameplay with intuitive controls, I like deep characters as well as sweet guns and awesome combos. But sometimes I don't have the time to play a game like that, and sometimes I just want a casual video game.

AudioSurf is one of the coolest casual indie games out there. Well worth the money, especially if you find it on sale, it allows you to play any audio file on your computer, and depending on the song you choose the track you ride on will be customized to the song. It'll affect the shape of the track, the speed at which blocks come at you, and so you get to enjoy your music while playing a new track in various different game modes while also scrobbling your plays with Last.FM.

Even when I don't want to play games and just rather listen to music, I sometimes play AudioSurf, after a while it's a game that feels natural, as just another way you might listen to music.
  14. Dec 9, 2012
    This game is fun to play. You can just load a song and play a game to its turn. It auto calibrates and actually changes difficulty when it gets faster and etc. as well as being a bit addictive, it was a good deal for $2.50.
  15. Jul 31, 2014
    this game is very simple yet very fun and this goes to show how simple a game can be but very very fun i love video games and i really love music so to combaine them both and i can pick what songs i want yes that = win
    i give this game an
    95 / 100
  16. Mar 16, 2016
    A really little nice game that you can get for really cheap on steam ( it is often on sales). It's play based on your musics, and it is quite satisfying, especially since there is quite a few modes that allow different gameplay. The look of the game is simple, but efficient. A must have for those who like music or that want a little game for their spare time
  17. Aug 21, 2013
    Call it a game, call it an interactive screen saver, none the less it is an enjoyable way to listen to music. Many complain about it's simplicity but that's the beauty of it really. The fact that it can make a track to a very under the radar song and still show you who else plays/listens to it.
  18. Dec 2, 2013
    Quite a nice game to play if you have some spare time and you don't know what to do. I like the different modes I personally mostly play mono) and the fact there is a (sort of) co-op mode.
  19. Feb 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I bought this game when it first came out in the year 2008. It cost 19.90 USD then, and I got it at full price (there wasn't so much discounts on steam back then). Was I skeptical? Yes, I was. I was skeptical because the concept of this game seems simplistic. Of course, this game has convinced me after a while that I have made the correct investment by paying for it at full price.

What this game appears to be is that it converts sound files (music files such as .mp3 ones) into a linear ongoing track of some sort. You get to control a small little car-like vehicle, though the only movement you can perform are sideways. The speed of your little car-like thingy is determined by the pace of your music, which is represented by the color of the track you are riding on. I won't go into detail on the blocks and game play, but that's basically it.

In short, this game lets you ride the music.

And yes, you can ride on almost any musical file you've loaded into the game, and this is what make this game great and worthwhile.

There is one particular game mode which I like - mono. It's basically a no-brainer where you simply hit the color blocks and avoid the grey blocks as you move forward along the track. It's a splendid mode relax yourself with, especially after a day of tiring work when all you want is some of your favorite music and soothing gameplay.

I got it at 2008, and it's 2014 now. Years passed, and many parts of my life have changed. Still, what remained the same is that, after all these years, I will still give new music a run or two here, in audiosurf.

Oh and did I mention that I am still getting e-mails from audiosurf's scoreboard saying that I have been dethroned? Yeah, it's nice to see these e-mails amidst all those work mails and all.
  20. Nov 12, 2016
    Audiosurf is a great game. Simple as that.

It has simple mechanics which are easy to get used to, and its one of those games that any Music fan would enjoy. You choose from your own music library and it makes song maps based on the song. Its definitely one of those games to play when you just want to chill out to some music and maybe play something casual whilst doing so.
  21. Jan 4, 2012
    Well, where do I start with this game? Being a person who really enjoys his music you can imagine the excitement I felt when I heard about this game. Yeah sure, you have Guitar Hero and Rockband that feel more real than this game, but that is not the point of Audiosurf. This game was invented to play along to YOUR music. The music you like! This game won't satisfy your thirst for adventureWell, where do I start with this game? Being a person who really enjoys his music you can imagine the excitement I felt when I heard about this game. Yeah sure, you have Guitar Hero and Rockband that feel more real than this game, but that is not the point of Audiosurf. This game was invented to play along to YOUR music. The music you like! This game won't satisfy your thirst for adventure or anything, but it will cure those moments when youâ Expand
  22. Nov 21, 2012
    I love this game, its so fun and so relaxing! The game also works good with the music. If you like listening to music, then just buy this game, its DEFINITLY worth the 10 bucks.
  23. Jan 27, 2012
    I have only been playing this game since Jan 18 this year, but it's already on my top ten list of favourite games of all-time. Audiosurf is basically a game where you choose your own music and hit blocks to get points. Sounds like it sucks, but it's SOOOOOO fun!!!!!!!! Mainly because you play to whatever music you like. It even has Still Alive from Portal! How is that not win to you?! OneI have only been playing this game since Jan 18 this year, but it's already on my top ten list of favourite games of all-time. Audiosurf is basically a game where you choose your own music and hit blocks to get points. Sounds like it sucks, but it's SOOOOOO fun!!!!!!!! Mainly because you play to whatever music you like. It even has Still Alive from Portal! How is that not win to you?! One thing that would be cool, is Karaoke. Sounds dumb I know, but it would be kind of fun. No bugs, cool atmosphere, good graphics and overall awesometacular. Expand
  24. May 18, 2013
    Like Guitar Hero for the PC, but much better. This game allows you to play your own songs, which games like Guitar Hero do not. I cannot explain how wonderful this game is, it has many gamemodes and will keep you entertained for many hours.
  25. Sep 12, 2015
    Addictive game that lets you ride your own music collection. Only flaw I discovered was that you need to install I-Tunes in order to play non Mp3 files.
  26. Jul 16, 2012
    I'd love to give Audiosurf a perfect ten - because it's the only game in my library that I'm always up for playing. My only gripes are minor - the engine that the game is based on doesn't seem very good for games, and the point system doesn't let you compare scores across different songs. There is a 'skill point' system in place which is supposed to be based on the difficulty of the songI'd love to give Audiosurf a perfect ten - because it's the only game in my library that I'm always up for playing. My only gripes are minor - the engine that the game is based on doesn't seem very good for games, and the point system doesn't let you compare scores across different songs. There is a 'skill point' system in place which is supposed to be based on the difficulty of the song you pick, but I've not seen a way to find out the skill points score for any of your playthroughs. There are ways to modify the way the game works - for example, using four lanes of coloured blocks instead of the usual three - but you have to edit the individual song tags instead of simply selecting an option in-game. --- Other than these things, this game is amazing. It's based on your music, and it heightens the experience of listening to music. It's fun. Expand
  27. Oct 30, 2011
    As a casual music game it performs very well with multiple game modes. I like how it can build a play through of any song you choose and then compare your performance online. It's good if you just want to kill a few minutes and jam out a song. It's at least worth $5.
  28. Apr 28, 2011
    You may not call this a 'video game', but it's definitely another innovative way to listen your music. Or ride it. Either way, this is not your Guitar Hero kind of game. This game is more like Tetris, by picking up color blocks and make huge clusters of the same color. What's more, the levels are designed by YOUR music! I think that's Audiosurf strongest point. It really makes you look atYou may not call this a 'video game', but it's definitely another innovative way to listen your music. Or ride it. Either way, this is not your Guitar Hero kind of game. This game is more like Tetris, by picking up color blocks and make huge clusters of the same color. What's more, the levels are designed by YOUR music! I think that's Audiosurf strongest point. It really makes you look at a different way to your music. As the tagline says, Ride Your Music. Expand
  29. May 29, 2012
    Get it on sale if you can, but honestly I just got it at full price, and I'd probably gladly pay double. This game is more addictive than crack (but a lot cheaper). And as a bonus, you can link it to last.fm to scrobble.
  30. Aug 9, 2013
    Highly addictive and entertaining. More games should utilize this idea as it you yourself can keep the game interesting. A good price and good value for money.
  31. Jan 4, 2014
    This music game is as fun as you make it. If you give it the time to play by adding your music then the game will be truly worth the money. The game is fun and quick to play and can never get boring as you repeat the music over and over and it never gets boring.
  32. Oct 5, 2015
    Rhythm has never felt so entertaining, you can sit for hours just playing your own music and playing along with it, beating high scores and enjoying the mesmerizing patterns.
  33. Aug 27, 2010
    Awesome fun to play. Extremely addictive, with the fantastic mechanic that you can play almost any track. My only problem is that there are some bugs; nothing too hindering though. With an extensive music collection you won't get tired of playing. ^_^
  34. Mar 16, 2012
    A great game for when you want something to do while you listen to your favourite music. It can be very fun for such simple game mechanics.
  35. Jul 20, 2012
    Awesome game, expandable as anything can be and has practically unlimited replay value (It's only limited by how many songs you own, etc) and is great fun with friends too (Try to beat each others scores!)

Anyone expecting GH or Frets on Fire from this got the wrong game, even a cursory look at a trailer or the like would show it's nothing like those.
  36. Sep 10, 2012
    If Guitar Hero and Tetris had a child, this would be it
  37. Oct 2, 2012
    This is one of the best music games I have ever had the privileged of playing. The fact that I can load any song from my music library and 'surf' to it was and is literally amazing. You will not regret getting this game. If you are holding out, or are reluctant stop waiting and get it. I have currently locked in over thirty hours on this game, and I will continue to log more. The gameThis is one of the best music games I have ever had the privileged of playing. The fact that I can load any song from my music library and 'surf' to it was and is literally amazing. You will not regret getting this game. If you are holding out, or are reluctant stop waiting and get it. I have currently locked in over thirty hours on this game, and I will continue to log more. The game never gets boring, it will last as long as you love music, which is hopefully forever. Expand
  38. Apr 26, 2013
    Because you use your songs to play, this game has the best soundtrack by default. However, playing for long periods of time can get repetitive. That doesn't mean that the game isn't fun, though. My favorite Audiosurf memory was getting challenged by my friend to see who could get the highest score in 2112 by Rush. I had a blast playing through the entire 20 minute epic.
  39. Nov 21, 2013
    The game is just simply awesome. I didn't expect much from it at first but I'm so glad I got it. I literally spent 3 hours on it without even realizing. That's what happens when you combine music with fun gameplay. The game is currently on sale on the humble bundle store for only 0.99$ though the sale may have ended depending on when you're reading this review. Over all, it's a great game,The game is just simply awesome. I didn't expect much from it at first but I'm so glad I got it. I literally spent 3 hours on it without even realizing. That's what happens when you combine music with fun gameplay. The game is currently on sale on the humble bundle store for only 0.99$ though the sale may have ended depending on when you're reading this review. Over all, it's a great game, probably going to pick up the sequel after a few months. Expand
  40. OlleY.
    Mar 10, 2008
    Best "music" game ever made. Especially cool that you can pick you own tracks!
  41. MurphStar
    Mar 21, 2008
    With 4000 songs in my music collection, I'll be playing this game for a month regularly.
  42. YukuaiI.
    Mar 6, 2008
    A game that make me crazy, a very fun game!
  43. AndersN.
    Mar 8, 2008
    The game is pretty good, but they should have added more gamemodes than there currently is to get a 10 from my side. Another feature the game needs is profiles so you could see which songs you're friends have played instead of only seeing the highscore list. The game is rather addictive if you like music so you keep coming back for more.
  44. ArdithM.
    Apr 29, 2008
    I love this. Best chillout game ever. So insanely addictive too!
  45. AshU
    May 20, 2008
    It's obvious that Dylan Fitterer really has made one of the best time-killing games ever. People previously have said that it's less of a game and more of a screensaver. Well, the whole idea is it kills time. Were you really expecting a game where you had to kill the blocks using rocket launchers and graphics that were near-Crysis? From some of the really low-rating reviews, it It's obvious that Dylan Fitterer really has made one of the best time-killing games ever. People previously have said that it's less of a game and more of a screensaver. Well, the whole idea is it kills time. Were you really expecting a game where you had to kill the blocks using rocket launchers and graphics that were near-Crysis? From some of the really low-rating reviews, it appears that when you saw AudioSurf, you expected a game with an awesome storyline and physics engine better than Source. Expand
  46. Athanar
    Nov 7, 2008
    This game is great. At first, it doesn't seem like much, but as you play it, AudioSurf becomes more addicting. It works with any sound clip that lasts at least 2 seconds if it is in the proper format (which is a minor setback if your music is not, there are a lot of legal free music converters out there) and allows you to compete against other peoples' scores as well. There are This game is great. At first, it doesn't seem like much, but as you play it, AudioSurf becomes more addicting. It works with any sound clip that lasts at least 2 seconds if it is in the proper format (which is a minor setback if your music is not, there are a lot of legal free music converters out there) and allows you to compete against other peoples' scores as well. There are a few minor bugs (specifically, clicking in the background as you log in) but they're nothing that takes the fun out of the game, and can easily be worked out in the future. (And do not cause problems in the meantime.) For $10, I would recommend this game to anyone who likes music and can afford it. Expand
  47. RandallH.
    Feb 28, 2008
    It is just a game I can see myself coming back to years from now. And for how cheep it is, you would be a idiot not to get it, the possibilities are endless. With new songs coming out EVERY WEEK, this game will always be in use!
  48. WiltonJ>
    Mar 1, 2008
    This game kicks open the door for the future interaction of Music and Game.
  49. TomS.
    Mar 13, 2008
    Amazing game. Nothing beats the sensation of "riding" your favorite songs. A must have! Especially for $10!
  50. ShadowHawk81
    Mar 20, 2008
    This is yet another great Indie game on STEAM. With countless music in our world, the tracks feel different every time you play a different song. So the experience is limitless. I always wondered what it would be like to interact with a WMP Visualization inspired game, well here it is. The way you move doesn't depend on your speed, but your movement and accuracy. Mostly, you will This is yet another great Indie game on STEAM. With countless music in our world, the tracks feel different every time you play a different song. So the experience is limitless. I always wondered what it would be like to interact with a WMP Visualization inspired game, well here it is. The way you move doesn't depend on your speed, but your movement and accuracy. Mostly, you will want to collect as many hot colors as you can (red, yellow) and sometimes avoid those gray blocks. It's a real fun challenge, and you can listen to your favorite music at the samw time. I prefer anything with a good beat, techno, industrial, industrial core, Vavle tracks, etc. For a game that is a almost futuristic recer techno and industrial seem to fit it best. But Heavy Metal could probably be a lot of fun too. Maybe soem Opeth. Man I'm thinking about trying some classical Bethoveen or Bach too. Classical Thunder maybe. Expand
  51. JasonM.
    Mar 2, 2008
    More fun than such a simple game should be.
  52. StuartS.
    Mar 31, 2008
    Ingenious idea, addictive game play. All for less than 10 dollars. Ignore the naysayers and guitar hero fan boys, this game is where it is at!
  53. CJSmith
    Mar 3, 2008
    This is, hands down, the most fun/addicting game I have ever played.
  54. NicolaiP.
    Mar 5, 2008
    Great game indeed! Audiosurf just has so many game modes and possibilities, that everytime you play it, it's an all new experience! The fact that you can use your own music, a multiplayer mode, and an online highscore just adds more to it! That is what raises this game from mediocre to simply genius! Definately one of the best casual games of this decade.
  55. KrisB.
    Mar 8, 2008
    This game deserves all the hype it gets, perfectly priced casual gaming genius. Reminscent of F-Zero and Klax.
  56. Funkeystu
    Mar 9, 2008
    It's a perfect experience and makes you look at songs in a whole new way. It's not directly comparable to any games I've played before and I probably view it probably fits outside my standard definition of "game", but its a truly great way to kick back and listen to music - at $10 its a top buy!
  57. AliR.
    Apr 28, 2008
    Best free time game EVER! I loved how you can choose your own music and it makes the game different! Every single song you play makes the game so different that you will never get tired of it! If you like free time games I would buy this game Immediately! (P.S. I think it beats Peggle by a long shot!)
  58. [anonymous]
    Apr 30, 2008
    I think this game is really awesome and it's addictiveness is just asking for perfection each time you play your favorite music track. but one thing annoys me about it though since I bought this I have had no time for counter strike or guitar hero.
  59. JAcobB.
    Jul 19, 2008
    Excellent game. Great for waiting at the airport if you listen to music there. Addicting.
  60. Izzythecubemaster
    Jan 1, 2010
    it, unlike any other music playing game, atomatically generates notes to ride on without you having to make them yourself.
  61. HaraldW
    Jan 3, 2010
    This innovative way of sufing your songs is fun and sometimes suprisingly good. Absolute worth playing and having fun.
  62. Swazzy492
    Apr 18, 2010
    I absolutely love Audiosurf. It's a simple, addictive game which allows people to have fun with their music. To those people out there, writing complaints about games not living up to your standards, TRY THE DEMO NEXT TIME!! That's what it's there for, to allow a person to experience part of the game for free. I did, and I was so completely addicted I had to buy the full game.
  63. EvanB.
    Feb 23, 2008
    This is an incredible game! Very addicting, very fun I play it when I'm feeling intense, as well as when i want to relax The fact that you can use any MP3 is the best part.
  64. Mark
    Feb 25, 2008
    What a find! $10 is an absolute bargain for a gem of a game. This title is so addictive, that I've pushed aside many big name games, just to play 'one more' song. I haven't listened to my music collection with such joy in a long, long time. I'm discovering subtle nuances of song that I've heard so many times before, that I never even knew about. If you What a find! $10 is an absolute bargain for a gem of a game. This title is so addictive, that I've pushed aside many big name games, just to play 'one more' song. I haven't listened to my music collection with such joy in a long, long time. I'm discovering subtle nuances of song that I've heard so many times before, that I never even knew about. If you haven't tried the game, check out the demo. I'm sure that you'll be willing to part with the $10 for the full version. Try playing Don't Fear the Reaper, by Blue Oyster Cult. Expand
  65. Matthias
    Feb 29, 2008
    Decent graphics and an addictive gameplay combined with an unmatched replayability from an independent developer. What could be a better reason to support them?
  66. FithakkT.
    Mar 1, 2008
    I love how Audiosurf makes you part of the music, involves you in the grandeur. Something that can do that... is genius!
  67. SteveW.
    Mar 1, 2008
    Could all these users be wrong? This game is as good as everyone here is saying. Download the demo and see for yourself. I purchased it even before the demo had expired to unlock the rest of the racers. Its most fun when played with music that has changes in tempo. Choosing different racers also changes the way the game is played completely. From twitch gaming of Mono to puzzle strategy Could all these users be wrong? This game is as good as everyone here is saying. Download the demo and see for yourself. I purchased it even before the demo had expired to unlock the rest of the racers. Its most fun when played with music that has changes in tempo. Choosing different racers also changes the way the game is played completely. From twitch gaming of Mono to puzzle strategy of Pusher it just keeps giving. Expand
  68. Ulti
    Mar 13, 2008
    Incredibly simple concept, and nearly flawless execution. Simply one of the best uses for ten dollars in existence.
  69. JimmyL.
    Mar 1, 2008
    This game is the best puzzle game since tetris. Replayability is endless and it's probably the most addictive puzzle game ever.
  70. VictorB.
    Mar 13, 2008
    Amazing game, re-discover your music in more ways than you thought.
  71. BerthilG.
    Mar 15, 2008
    Really nice game to play, the best combination between playing a game and listening to music. The full 10 points!
    Mar 1, 2008
    Awesome game! It's 6:24am and I'm still playing it.
  73. RoyP.
    Mar 2, 2008
    Superb, simple yet complex and very addictive!
  74. AlexandreS.
    Superb! Fantástico!
  75. JakeO.
    Mar 22, 2008
    An addictive fun game to play. with a collection of cool looking tracks and great gameplay audiosurf makes you go out and buy more music.
  76. ThomL.
    Mar 24, 2008
    10 for the best 10 bucks I've spent in a while. The replay value of AudioSurf is high. I haven't even even played most of the characters yet because I find the mono characters to be enjoyable enough. I dig the user-customizable textures... what next?
  77. RowanH.
    Mar 3, 2008
    Even if you're not into fighting for the top score, its always fun to just see what kind of amazing track your favorite songs create!
  78. ArchangelMajestic
    Mar 3, 2008
    superior gameplay,fantastic graphics,the capability to use your own music files are unsurpassed,and the only downside was the demo was too damn short....but, the mood was good and this game will reside in the hall of fame.
  79. ZedS.
    Mar 4, 2008
    Awesome, that word sums it all up. Fantastic concept, good gameplay, nice graphics and a nice variations on the standard graphics, good updates, and of course gameplay based on your favorite tunes, how awesome is that! And with the right development it has a lot for us in store in the future. Buy it because you will like it and for that money, who can't afford it. But be warned, it Awesome, that word sums it all up. Fantastic concept, good gameplay, nice graphics and a nice variations on the standard graphics, good updates, and of course gameplay based on your favorite tunes, how awesome is that! And with the right development it has a lot for us in store in the future. Buy it because you will like it and for that money, who can't afford it. But be warned, it is highly addictive. Expand
  80. JonG.
    Mar 4, 2008
    Amazing game! Probably one of the most addictive and fun games I've ever played.. On top of the gameplay, it's dust-cheap and is non-completeable. You never grow tired, because all you have to do switch song!
  81. DavidL.
    Mar 4, 2008
    This game is, in a nutshell; genius! It allows the user to play any music they wish and every song played is it's own level of intensity and complexity, infinite replay value if you ask me.
  82. AndreaM
    Mar 4, 2008
    One of the most addicting games ever! this game is awesome. i love choosing my music
  83. TimA.
    Mar 5, 2008
    If ratings are measured by combining enjoyment, time and value, this game should be one of the best games ever. I feel like I've robbed the game producer, for obtaining such an excellent game at such an excellent price.
  84. AC
    Mar 5, 2008
    Very addictive. I suspect this game will get the most hours played per dollar spent on the game for me.
  85. MarkD.
    Mar 5, 2008
    One of the best games ever. A "MUST HAVE" for music lovers.
  86. TimT.
    Mar 7, 2008
    Unfortunately, I've only played the demo. But I'm placing an order for the full game, because this is by far the most fun music game I've ever played. Best $10 game EVER.
  87. DiamondY.
    Mar 7, 2008
    $10, turn your own music into a Wipeout/Guitar Hero/Puzzle game of your own choosing and skill. I don't know a better deal. Only drawback is that you may get a little burned out on it or discouraged if you don't have a high score (but then you can just find a more obscure song that people don't play). Got a little dizzy with some songs that have a hard beat since the game $10, turn your own music into a Wipeout/Guitar Hero/Puzzle game of your own choosing and skill. I don't know a better deal. Only drawback is that you may get a little burned out on it or discouraged if you don't have a high score (but then you can just find a more obscure song that people don't play). Got a little dizzy with some songs that have a hard beat since the game throws in hills for each hard beat-but that isn't the norm. Lots of fun and a half hour game always leads to an hour instead. Madonna's Ray of Light is the perfect race track for me so far (and I'm no big Madonna fan)...hard but not brutal and fun every time. Expand
  88. JasonC.
    Mar 7, 2008
    Audiosurf ushers in a new breed of gameplay and has, by far, the best soundtrack available on the market today.
  89. BruceM.
    Mar 8, 2008
    Just a great casual game. The ability to use your own songs is fantastic.
  90. AlexR.
    Mar 8, 2008
    I think this game is just flat out awesome.
  91. AdamD.
    Mar 9, 2008
    Simply the best $10 I have ever spent on a game. the game is simple and addictive, but raise the difficulty, and there's a much deeper game within. the graphics are beautiful, the endless supply of songs (your music collection) is simply amazing, especially considered I've played probably 100 songs and have yet to find any of them drastically similar.
  92. TomasH.
    Mar 9, 2008
    This game is so awesome, addicting, and fun I would recommend this to all my friends.
  93. BrettG.
    Apr 26, 2008
    I don't know what it is about this game, but its just addicting.. and amazing..its almost hypnotizing.
  94. NathanS.
    Apr 3, 2008
    It is perfect from the start of the title screen to the end when you close the game and Thank valve and steam for supporting this game. This game will never die until music it self fails every new C.D. adds to the game the would it the limit for this game, I hope people will start making music for use in this game and giving it to the public.
  95. ChristianK.
    Apr 4, 2008
    Best ten bucks I ever spend, can see me still playing this game in 10 years.
  96. RJS.
    Apr 8, 2008
    To have a game deliver full 3D entertainment as a music enhancing experience is great, but do have it powered by ALL of your personal music files is just mind numbingly awesome! I highly recommend this to music/gaming enthusiast like my self.
  97. ChrisC.
    Apr 9, 2008
    For the people who think the blocks are supposed to be guitar are wrong, its a rhythm game, its based on the beat of the song, and the drums. This game is so much fun, you can use any song you want! I love faster paced songs, its more intense and is a lot of fun! Well worth the low price.
  98. FrankP.
    May 5, 2008
    Amazing genius game, best game since Tetris. If you like music you will love this game. You can load your favorite mp3 in the game and ride your music. AMAZING love that game.
  99. AdamM.
    May 7, 2008
    I love this game, I can never get bored again, It's a great time killer while waiting for something!
  100. BenB.
    May 7, 2008
    When I first heard about this game, I was like, just another worthless pipedream. How wrong I was! I downloaded the demo, and straight after playing one song, I bought the game. Its addictive, a great value for money, and fun when playing multiplayer!

1. At the very worst, it's an ingenious multimedia toy that'll have you dusting off the untouched corners of your MP3 collection for a few happy evenings. But for those twitching fingers that still enjoy the thrill of the high score, Audiosurf has the potential to become a bite-sized obsession thanks to its quick fix gameplay and infinite musical possibilities.
  2. AudioSurf is very good value for money. It’s fun, fresh, and addicting.
  3. Obviously a work of passion, Audiosurf is a game that must not be missed by anyone, especially with an above average interest in music.