AudioSurf PC

8.8

1. OlleY.
    Mar 10, 2008
    Best "music" game ever made. Especially cool that you can pick you own tracks!
  2. MurphStar
    Mar 21, 2008
    With 4000 songs in my music collection, I'll be playing this game for a month regularly.
  3. YukuaiI.
    Mar 6, 2008
    A game that make me crazy, a very fun game!
  4. ArdithM.
    Apr 29, 2008
    I love this. Best chillout game ever. So insanely addictive too!
  5. AshU
    May 20, 2008
    It's obvious that Dylan Fitterer really has made one of the best time-killing games ever. People previously have said that it's less of a game and more of a screensaver. Well, the whole idea is it kills time. Were you really expecting a game where you had to kill the blocks using rocket launchers and graphics that were near-Crysis? From some of the really low-rating reviews, it It's obvious that Dylan Fitterer really has made one of the best time-killing games ever. People previously have said that it's less of a game and more of a screensaver. Well, the whole idea is it kills time. Were you really expecting a game where you had to kill the blocks using rocket launchers and graphics that were near-Crysis? From some of the really low-rating reviews, it appears that when you saw AudioSurf, you expected a game with an awesome storyline and physics engine better than Source. Expand
  6. RandallH.
    Feb 28, 2008
    It is just a game I can see myself coming back to years from now. And for how cheep it is, you would be a idiot not to get it, the possibilities are endless. With new songs coming out EVERY WEEK, this game will always be in use!
  7. WiltonJ>
    Mar 1, 2008
    This game kicks open the door for the future interaction of Music and Game.
  8. TomS.
    Mar 13, 2008
    Amazing game. Nothing beats the sensation of "riding" your favorite songs. A must have! Especially for $10!
  9. JasonM.
    Mar 2, 2008
    More fun than such a simple game should be.
  10. StuartS.
    Mar 31, 2008
    Ingenious idea, addictive game play. All for less than 10 dollars. Ignore the naysayers and guitar hero fan boys, this game is where it is at!
  11. CJSmith
    Mar 3, 2008
    This is, hands down, the most fun/addicting game I have ever played.
  12. KrisB.
    Mar 8, 2008
    This game deserves all the hype it gets, perfectly priced casual gaming genius. Reminscent of F-Zero and Klax.
  13. Funkeystu
    Mar 9, 2008
    It's a perfect experience and makes you look at songs in a whole new way. It's not directly comparable to any games I've played before and I probably view it probably fits outside my standard definition of "game", but its a truly great way to kick back and listen to music - at $10 its a top buy!
  14. AliR.
    Apr 28, 2008
    Best free time game EVER! I loved how you can choose your own music and it makes the game different! Every single song you play makes the game so different that you will never get tired of it! If you like free time games I would buy this game Immediately! (P.S. I think it beats Peggle by a long shot!)
  15. JAcobB.
    Jul 19, 2008
    Excellent game. Great for waiting at the airport if you listen to music there. Addicting.
  16. Izzythecubemaster
    Jan 1, 2010
    it, unlike any other music playing game, atomatically generates notes to ride on without you having to make them yourself.
  17. Swazzy492
    Apr 18, 2010
    I absolutely love Audiosurf. It's a simple, addictive game which allows people to have fun with their music. To those people out there, writing complaints about games not living up to your standards, TRY THE DEMO NEXT TIME!! That's what it's there for, to allow a person to experience part of the game for free. I did, and I was so completely addicted I had to buy the full game.
  18. EvanB.
    Feb 23, 2008
    This is an incredible game! Very addicting, very fun I play it when I'm feeling intense, as well as when i want to relax The fact that you can use any MP3 is the best part.
  19. Matthias
    Feb 29, 2008
    Decent graphics and an addictive gameplay combined with an unmatched replayability from an independent developer. What could be a better reason to support them?
  20. FithakkT.
    Mar 1, 2008
    I love how Audiosurf makes you part of the music, involves you in the grandeur. Something that can do that... is genius!
  21. SteveW.
    Mar 1, 2008
    Could all these users be wrong? This game is as good as everyone here is saying. Download the demo and see for yourself. I purchased it even before the demo had expired to unlock the rest of the racers. Its most fun when played with music that has changes in tempo. Choosing different racers also changes the way the game is played completely. From twitch gaming of Mono to puzzle strategy Could all these users be wrong? This game is as good as everyone here is saying. Download the demo and see for yourself. I purchased it even before the demo had expired to unlock the rest of the racers. Its most fun when played with music that has changes in tempo. Choosing different racers also changes the way the game is played completely. From twitch gaming of Mono to puzzle strategy of Pusher it just keeps giving. Expand
  22. Ulti
    Mar 13, 2008
    Incredibly simple concept, and nearly flawless execution. Simply one of the best uses for ten dollars in existence.
  23. VictorB.
    Mar 13, 2008
    Amazing game, re-discover your music in more ways than you thought.
  24. BerthilG.
    Mar 15, 2008
    Really nice game to play, the best combination between playing a game and listening to music. The full 10 points!
    Mar 1, 2008
    Awesome game! It's 6:24am and I'm still playing it.
  26. RoyP.
    Mar 2, 2008
    Superb, simple yet complex and very addictive!
  27. AlexandreS.
    Superb! Fantástico!
  28. JakeO.
    Mar 22, 2008
    An addictive fun game to play. with a collection of cool looking tracks and great gameplay audiosurf makes you go out and buy more music.
  29. ThomL.
    Mar 24, 2008
    10 for the best 10 bucks I've spent in a while. The replay value of AudioSurf is high. I haven't even even played most of the characters yet because I find the mono characters to be enjoyable enough. I dig the user-customizable textures... what next?
  30. RowanH.
    Mar 3, 2008
    Even if you're not into fighting for the top score, its always fun to just see what kind of amazing track your favorite songs create!
  31. ArchangelMajestic
    Mar 3, 2008
    superior gameplay,fantastic graphics,the capability to use your own music files are unsurpassed,and the only downside was the demo was too damn short....but, the mood was good and this game will reside in the hall of fame.
  32. JonG.
    Mar 4, 2008
    Amazing game! Probably one of the most addictive and fun games I've ever played.. On top of the gameplay, it's dust-cheap and is non-completeable. You never grow tired, because all you have to do switch song!
  33. DavidL.
    Mar 4, 2008
    This game is, in a nutshell; genius! It allows the user to play any music they wish and every song played is it's own level of intensity and complexity, infinite replay value if you ask me.
  34. AndreaM
    Mar 4, 2008
    One of the most addicting games ever! this game is awesome. i love choosing my music
  35. TimA.
    Mar 5, 2008
    If ratings are measured by combining enjoyment, time and value, this game should be one of the best games ever. I feel like I've robbed the game producer, for obtaining such an excellent game at such an excellent price.
  36. AC
    Mar 5, 2008
    Very addictive. I suspect this game will get the most hours played per dollar spent on the game for me.
  37. MarkD.
    Mar 5, 2008
    One of the best games ever. A "MUST HAVE" for music lovers.
  38. TimT.
    Mar 7, 2008
    Unfortunately, I've only played the demo. But I'm placing an order for the full game, because this is by far the most fun music game I've ever played. Best $10 game EVER.
  39. JasonC.
    Mar 7, 2008
    Audiosurf ushers in a new breed of gameplay and has, by far, the best soundtrack available on the market today.
  40. BruceM.
    Mar 8, 2008
    Just a great casual game. The ability to use your own songs is fantastic.
  41. AlexR.
    Mar 8, 2008
    I think this game is just flat out awesome.
  42. AdamD.
    Mar 9, 2008
    Simply the best $10 I have ever spent on a game. the game is simple and addictive, but raise the difficulty, and there's a much deeper game within. the graphics are beautiful, the endless supply of songs (your music collection) is simply amazing, especially considered I've played probably 100 songs and have yet to find any of them drastically similar.
  43. TomasH.
    Mar 9, 2008
    This game is so awesome, addicting, and fun I would recommend this to all my friends.
  44. BrettG.
    Apr 26, 2008
    I don't know what it is about this game, but its just addicting.. and amazing..its almost hypnotizing.
  45. NathanS.
    Apr 3, 2008
    It is perfect from the start of the title screen to the end when you close the game and Thank valve and steam for supporting this game. This game will never die until music it self fails every new C.D. adds to the game the would it the limit for this game, I hope people will start making music for use in this game and giving it to the public.
  46. ChristianK.
    Apr 4, 2008
    Best ten bucks I ever spend, can see me still playing this game in 10 years.
  47. RJS.
    Apr 8, 2008
    To have a game deliver full 3D entertainment as a music enhancing experience is great, but do have it powered by ALL of your personal music files is just mind numbingly awesome! I highly recommend this to music/gaming enthusiast like my self.
  48. FrankP.
    May 5, 2008
    Amazing genius game, best game since Tetris. If you like music you will love this game. You can load your favorite mp3 in the game and ride your music. AMAZING love that game.
  49. AdamM.
    May 7, 2008
    I love this game, I can never get bored again, It's a great time killer while waiting for something!
  50. BenB.
    May 7, 2008
    When I first heard about this game, I was like, just another worthless pipedream. How wrong I was! I downloaded the demo, and straight after playing one song, I bought the game. Its addictive, a great value for money, and fun when playing multiplayer!
  51. LulzL.
    Jun 9, 2008
    LOVE IT! I also love how people are complaining "waahhh it's a whole 10 dollars!!! WAHHH!!" Sure its not the best game on earth but it evens out with the CHEAP price (please some one tell me how 10 $ is alot?).
  52. TacDrol
    Jul 26, 2008
    After playing this game for a couple of hours, I never wanted to listen to music without the game again.
  53. KyleH
    Dec 26, 2009
    Honestly one of the most addicting games I've ever played. It's all I've been playing for almost four days now. I love this game!
  54. ryanwood
    Oct 5, 2009
    Awsome game; its practically more addicting than crack. the only downside is retarded questviewer is glitchy and is teh suck. I absolutely love this game because of the challenge it offers, especially with the metal and death metal genres of music. It just keeps pulling me back in and when the game is on sale for 5 bucks you better go get it. its by far the best game ive bought in a longAwsome game; its practically more addicting than crack. the only downside is retarded questviewer is glitchy and is teh suck. I absolutely love this game because of the challenge it offers, especially with the metal and death metal genres of music. It just keeps pulling me back in and when the game is on sale for 5 bucks you better go get it. its by far the best game ive bought in a long time thats a non fps. Expand
  55. ZethtL
    Jun 5, 2009
    This is an amazing game one of my professors recommended to me - and I'm so grateful! It's fantastic for doing two of my favorite things: listening to music, and gaming. Whether I have hours to play or just a few minutes of downtime to pass, the lovely visuals and great tunes keep me occupied. This is definitely a game for audiophiles. I also found I could play it with my Wacom This is an amazing game one of my professors recommended to me - and I'm so grateful! It's fantastic for doing two of my favorite things: listening to music, and gaming. Whether I have hours to play or just a few minutes of downtime to pass, the lovely visuals and great tunes keep me occupied. This is definitely a game for audiophiles. I also found I could play it with my Wacom tablet for an extra coordination challenge! Expand
  56. SarahR
    Apr 22, 2010
    This game is incredible and addictive, and the best part, you can use any music, any music at -all-! It's very creative, there's a difficulty and method of gameplay to suit everyone, and it's a lot less silly looking to play than Guitar Hero - not to mention hundreds of dollars cheaper! Oh, and it'll hack your iTunes for you. What more could you possibly want?
  57. Headbanger
    Feb 21, 2008
    This is exactly what it promises, you do actually ride your music and it is quite entertaining, especially for $10. This is a great game that just about anyone can pick up and I highly recommend it to all.
  58. BobMcBobin
    Feb 22, 2008
    Awsome game.It is a well deserve 10. I had no problems with this game at all. But XFire needs to support this game.
  59. DuncanChard
    Feb 22, 2008
    Fan Effink Tastic
  60. Stevie
    Feb 24, 2008
    Easily the most addictive game I've played in a long time. A must have... especially if you, like me, have a huge library of music on your computer. Very polished and sleek finish, and the online leaderboards are integrated very well. Awesome.
  61. TomA.
    Feb 24, 2008
    The best game I've ever seen there is much more great games but this is one of the best music games.
  62. DylanB.
    Feb 26, 2008
    Definately worth the $10. With its unique gameplay and different styles of play, why wouldn't you buy it!? Also, the fact that it's on Steam and the most sold game recently, it must be a big hit! For anyone who thinks this would be a bad game, download the free demo on Steam, you will love it! But, there is only one bad thing about the game and that is is that even with the best Definately worth the $10. With its unique gameplay and different styles of play, why wouldn't you buy it!? Also, the fact that it's on Steam and the most sold game recently, it must be a big hit! For anyone who thinks this would be a bad game, download the free demo on Steam, you will love it! But, there is only one bad thing about the game and that is is that even with the best computer, maximum graphics settings lag the computer, but other than that, well worth it! Expand
  63. LexB.
    Feb 26, 2008
    Positively the most engrossing game I've ever played. It's never frustrating, always changing, constantly awesome... You can't ask for more in a single-player game. Well, sure you can... storyline, bad guys, women, violence, money and cars... But while Audiosurf doesn't offer those things, the music that you're surfing to certainly could. And in all honesty, what Positively the most engrossing game I've ever played. It's never frustrating, always changing, constantly awesome... You can't ask for more in a single-player game. Well, sure you can... storyline, bad guys, women, violence, money and cars... But while Audiosurf doesn't offer those things, the music that you're surfing to certainly could. And in all honesty, what could I get for 10 bucks that has more value than this? Seriously... If you know, tell me. Expand
  64. TravisW.
    Feb 29, 2008
    For what it is, it's the best. A casual game that will draw hardcore gamers back over and over for years. The replayability is endless. The style of gameplay changes with the mood of the player (based on the music they select). Its truly the next evolution in the music and rhythm genre. At the price...you find something more addictive. (Not compared to tobacco in the price and For what it is, it's the best. A casual game that will draw hardcore gamers back over and over for years. The replayability is endless. The style of gameplay changes with the mood of the player (based on the music they select). Its truly the next evolution in the music and rhythm genre. At the price...you find something more addictive. (Not compared to tobacco in the price and addiction comment) Expand
  65. KaseyC.
    Feb 29, 2008
    My first impression from screenshots was "eh whatever probably just over hyped by steam game", but then I downloaded the demo. You get to play 4 songs on the demo and after that was over I bought the game within 10 mins. Worth the $10. Whatever you do don't look at the screenshot and judge it like I did you have to experience it.
  66. AlexanderA.
    Mar 1, 2008
    As I love colours and fast speeds with twisting tracks and awesome music this game is more than art and culture. It is PERFECT! I really hope it will be a multiplayer mode over network so you can play with friends from different places on world.
  67. WezleyR.
    Mar 1, 2008
    This is a very well done game, and it is highly enjoyable. It is also a very, very smart idea. Well done.
  68. MikeD.
    Mar 16, 2008
    Grat Game. Best low budget Game ever.
  69. Daniel
    Mar 17, 2008
    Not much to say. Just, BEST GAME EVER!
  70. HowardF.
    Mar 21, 2008
    Audiosurf is addictive, fast paced and brilliant, I cant say enough good things about this game! For me its one of the finest puzzle/reaction based games of all time, and at the price it is on Steam its so cheap its almost free. Get it, get it now! You know you want to...
  71. JesseB.
    Mar 24, 2008
    One of the most addicting games I've ever played!
  72. TravisE.
    Mar 24, 2008
    Absolutely awesome game for the price. It's almost a steal for what you get! Replayability for as long as you have new music.
  73. AdamB.
    Mar 25, 2008
    Anyone giving this anything less than an 8 doesn't have any music they enjoy in MP3 format.
  74. ShawnR.
    Mar 26, 2008
    Amazing. I just wish more audio games were out like this.
  75. RonnyG.
    Mar 27, 2008
    This is a funny nice game for only $9.95.
  76. PaulP.
    Mar 28, 2008
    Absolutely amazing game, wish i had thought of it!
  77. HristoL.
    Mar 28, 2008
    AWESOME GAME. It even drove me to the point to extract via PainEd songs from Painkiller soundtrack just to test them on different tracks/modes. Very addicting! It would be PERFECT if they include more Steam Achievements ! Score 1000/10 !
  78. AxelT.
    Mar 3, 2008
    Fantastic game. Can keep you entertained with your old music for hours and even days. If you got the chance: Buy it!
  79. Widdershins
    Mar 31, 2008
    Really quite a beautiful game; while it has little substance in and of itself, there's quite a lot of variation in game style to explore. There is almost always room to improve, and it's very pretty and wonderfully entertaining for as long as you're willing to listen to your favorite music.
  80. JustinB.
    Mar 3, 2008
    With music games like Guitar Hero and Rock Band dominating the market, this is quite a find. Those are good music games, but they CHARGE for new songs, but with this, you can play whatever you want. And if you really get bored enough, you can ride your own conversations.
  81. KeithB.
    Mar 4, 2008
    This game is by far the best way to enjoy your music, it's fun, addictive and fast.
  82. JamesE.
    Mar 4, 2008
    Great game. I have no negative things to say about it. I think it deserves a 10. Possibly one of the best music based games i have ever played to date.
  83. HDS.
    One word. Addictive.
  84. BrandonP.
    Apr 22, 2008
    Amazing game. This is one of the few games in my library I can pick up again and again, and know that far into the future it'll still be getting some serious playtime. And if I hear one more person try to classify this as a "guitar hero clone" I'm gonna freak...
  85. CB
    May 5, 2008
    I love this game. It allows you play whatever you are feeling. Once you start, all you can think about is, "Oh I can imagine the hill coming up right about....NOW" whilst listening to any songs while in your car.
  86. JohnK.
    Aug 13, 2008
    The best $10 I ever spent on a videogame.
  87. SgtMango
    Aug 30, 2008
    Sweet game! Must need for anyone with a rainbow of color addiction mixed together with your favorite music!
  88. DeividasV
    Jan 21, 2009
    It's just plain awesome. I'm a huge music fan and this is just what I need. A way of playing a game and listening to music at the same time. Playing other games with music usually is annoying since I can't hear anything. Sure it does get boring for a while, but then I have the urge to play it again!
  89. AnonymousMC
    Oct 25, 2009
    This game is amazing i had the most fun with 5 dollars in my life. I have around 10,000 hours or more of music and so this game kept me entertained for the longest times. It's something to do while you listen to music in a creative way. Surely will keep music lovers entertained for hours.
  90. StephenJensen
    Oct 3, 2009
    Hey how come these ratings are low. This game is the shit flat out. sorry that it doesn't have gun's, go rate something else. Best Indie game running. has a good strong fan base, and has excellent replay ability, wide compatibility with different music file types. and hooks into last.fm.
  91. EricT
    May 21, 2009
    I love games that have you playing along with music like Rock Band and Guitar hero....but this is the first game I have played that really lets you feel the music and experience the ups and downs is speed and volume of your music. And best of all, you can play all your own songs. There isn't a set restricted amount of songs this can play. This game can play any song you have from I love games that have you playing along with music like Rock Band and Guitar hero....but this is the first game I have played that really lets you feel the music and experience the ups and downs is speed and volume of your music. And best of all, you can play all your own songs. There isn't a set restricted amount of songs this can play. This game can play any song you have from windows media player to iTunes. I was very impressed at how well the game analyses the song you want to play to instantly create a track complete with bumps, speed changes according to the song, and amazing graphics. Expand
  92. DanielR
    Jun 16, 2009
    This game takes your music to a whole new level. I decided to try out the demo. Having watched a YT video of someone riding The Final Countdown, I decided to give it a try. I played 2 songs (out of the 5 in the demo), and looked at the price. When I saw I was only gonna be £5 out of pocket, I decided that this game was well worth it! I would have been willing to spend up to This game takes your music to a whole new level. I decided to try out the demo. Having watched a YT video of someone riding The Final Countdown, I decided to give it a try. I played 2 songs (out of the 5 in the demo), and looked at the price. When I saw I was only gonna be £5 out of pocket, I decided that this game was well worth it! I would have been willing to spend up to £20 on this game. Bargain if ever I saw one! This game is a case of "get it or go die" it's just that brilliant. Expand
  93. SvenR
    Jun 5, 2009
    The best non-shooter-game i've ever played. this game is more addicting then some Shooter, of course its simple, but it includes very much fun. And, for additional, this game has the most possible "maps".
  94. AndreasP.
    Feb 26, 2008
    One of the most compelling arcade games I have played for the PC, and all to my favorite music!
  95. SeanL.
    Feb 26, 2008
    This game is amazing and way worth the $10. But the track selector could be a bit nicer.
  96. J.S.
    Mar 13, 2008
    This is a fantastic game, and as others have mentioned, a must if you enjoy music. It's a bit like guitar hero (minus the guitar) where you set the soundtrack. The curves of the track and all the visuals change with the intensity and beat of the songs, and how can you go wrong when all you're listening to is the music you love? I was surprised at how well different genres of This is a fantastic game, and as others have mentioned, a must if you enjoy music. It's a bit like guitar hero (minus the guitar) where you set the soundtrack. The curves of the track and all the visuals change with the intensity and beat of the songs, and how can you go wrong when all you're listening to is the music you love? I was surprised at how well different genres of music work with the game. It also costs less than what most would spend on lunch. Expand
  97. KyleB.
    Mar 13, 2008
    Great time waster! A more fun way to listen to your music
  98. AustinR.
    Mar 29, 2008
    Audiosurf was one of the funnest games I've ever played, and what's surprising about it was it's only 10 dollars. I've played many great games like Half Life 2, Call of Duty 4, and the Grand Theft Auto series, and I always thought I hated the music genre, until I played this. I can tell you with all my confidence that if you buy this you will not be disappointed.
  99. AbrielM.
    Apr 14, 2008
    Amazingly visual with an outstanding diversity. If you want techno, play it! If you want country ... play... it? But the point is that gamers aren't stuck to one particular type of music. It's of their own choosing.
  100. SlavaG.
    Jun 22, 2008
    Tried out the trial, now all I can think is about buying it. So simple but yet unique.

1. At the very worst, it's an ingenious multimedia toy that'll have you dusting off the untouched corners of your MP3 collection for a few happy evenings. But for those twitching fingers that still enjoy the thrill of the high score, Audiosurf has the potential to become a bite-sized obsession thanks to its quick fix gameplay and infinite musical possibilities.
  2. AudioSurf is very good value for money. It’s fun, fresh, and addicting.
  3. Obviously a work of passion, Audiosurf is a game that must not be missed by anyone, especially with an above average interest in music.