AudioSurf PC

8.8

1. AndersN.
    Mar 8, 2008
    The game is pretty good, but they should have added more gamemodes than there currently is to get a 10 from my side. Another feature the game needs is profiles so you could see which songs you're friends have played instead of only seeing the highscore list. The game is rather addictive if you like music so you keep coming back for more.
  2. Athanar
    Nov 7, 2008
    This game is great. At first, it doesn't seem like much, but as you play it, AudioSurf becomes more addicting. It works with any sound clip that lasts at least 2 seconds if it is in the proper format (which is a minor setback if your music is not, there are a lot of legal free music converters out there) and allows you to compete against other peoples' scores as well. There are This game is great. At first, it doesn't seem like much, but as you play it, AudioSurf becomes more addicting. It works with any sound clip that lasts at least 2 seconds if it is in the proper format (which is a minor setback if your music is not, there are a lot of legal free music converters out there) and allows you to compete against other peoples' scores as well. There are a few minor bugs (specifically, clicking in the background as you log in) but they're nothing that takes the fun out of the game, and can easily be worked out in the future. (And do not cause problems in the meantime.) For $10, I would recommend this game to anyone who likes music and can afford it. Expand
  3. BrandonP.
    Apr 22, 2008
    Amazing game. This is one of the few games in my library I can pick up again and again, and know that far into the future it'll still be getting some serious playtime. And if I hear one more person try to classify this as a "guitar hero clone" I'm gonna freak...
  4. JimS
    Jul 17, 2009
    Wonderfully addicting, intuitive gameplay that appeals to everyone who isn't easily susceptible to motion-sickness. Rating at an 8 since this simple game runs much heavier than it needs to, but for the price and broad appeal it simply cannot be beat.
  5. BlakeB
    Mar 19, 2008
    Brilliant.
  6. ChrisJ
    Jul 27, 2009
    great game, simple, lets you do something while listening to music, can entertain for hours
  7. May 29, 2012
    Get it on sale if you can, but honestly I just got it at full price, and I'd probably gladly pay double. This game is more addictive than crack (but a lot cheaper). And as a bonus, you can link it to last.fm to scrobble.
  8. Nov 13, 2011
    The ultimate casual game. Playing to your own music, your scores are entered to international leader boards. There's nothing more satisfying than getting the number one score on a track, knowing that you played better than anyone else in the world. Except perhaps the satisfaction of beating a friend's score, knowing that they'll receive an email advising them of the fact.

Initially you

Initially you can play with the "casual" characters, which provide a nice, relaxed way to learn the ropes, or simply a new way to enjoy your favourite music. As you improve there are increasingly difficult levels to test your skills.

There is a lot of depth here for those willing to find it. Especially if you have a number of friends playing the game to compete against.
  9. Mar 1, 2012
    If you have the Money and like your Music, I'd suggest buying this. It has quite a few different modes to play, including Multiplayer, Looks great, and most importantly, it makes the levels to your music very well! Slow songs makes a slow level, Faster songs makes a Fast and Hard Level! Overall it's a nice Casual game that can be what you make of it.
  10. Nov 21, 2012
    I love this game, its so fun and so relaxing! The game also works good with the music. If you like listening to music, then just buy this game, its DEFINITLY worth the 10 bucks.
  11. OlleY.
    Mar 10, 2008
    Best "music" game ever made. Especially cool that you can pick you own tracks!
  12. MurphStar
    Mar 21, 2008
    With 4000 songs in my music collection, I'll be playing this game for a month regularly.
  13. YukuaiI.
    Mar 6, 2008
    A game that make me crazy, a very fun game!
  14. ArdithM.
    Apr 29, 2008
    I love this. Best chillout game ever. So insanely addictive too!
  15. AshU
    May 20, 2008
    It's obvious that Dylan Fitterer really has made one of the best time-killing games ever. People previously have said that it's less of a game and more of a screensaver. Well, the whole idea is it kills time. Were you really expecting a game where you had to kill the blocks using rocket launchers and graphics that were near-Crysis? From some of the really low-rating reviews, it It's obvious that Dylan Fitterer really has made one of the best time-killing games ever. People previously have said that it's less of a game and more of a screensaver. Well, the whole idea is it kills time. Were you really expecting a game where you had to kill the blocks using rocket launchers and graphics that were near-Crysis? From some of the really low-rating reviews, it appears that when you saw AudioSurf, you expected a game with an awesome storyline and physics engine better than Source. Expand
  16. RandallH.
    Feb 28, 2008
    It is just a game I can see myself coming back to years from now. And for how cheep it is, you would be a idiot not to get it, the possibilities are endless. With new songs coming out EVERY WEEK, this game will always be in use!
  17. WiltonJ>
    Mar 1, 2008
    This game kicks open the door for the future interaction of Music and Game.
  18. TomS.
    Mar 13, 2008
    Amazing game. Nothing beats the sensation of "riding" your favorite songs. A must have! Especially for $10!
  19. Maciej
    Mar 1, 2008
    Good game, I've purchased the full version, but it's getting boring quite fast. Anyway worth the price.
  20. ShadowHawk81
    Mar 20, 2008
    This is yet another great Indie game on STEAM. With countless music in our world, the tracks feel different every time you play a different song. So the experience is limitless. I always wondered what it would be like to interact with a WMP Visualization inspired game, well here it is. The way you move doesn't depend on your speed, but your movement and accuracy. Mostly, you will This is yet another great Indie game on STEAM. With countless music in our world, the tracks feel different every time you play a different song. So the experience is limitless. I always wondered what it would be like to interact with a WMP Visualization inspired game, well here it is. The way you move doesn't depend on your speed, but your movement and accuracy. Mostly, you will want to collect as many hot colors as you can (red, yellow) and sometimes avoid those gray blocks. It's a real fun challenge, and you can listen to your favorite music at the samw time. I prefer anything with a good beat, techno, industrial, industrial core, Vavle tracks, etc. For a game that is a almost futuristic recer techno and industrial seem to fit it best. But Heavy Metal could probably be a lot of fun too. Maybe soem Opeth. Man I'm thinking about trying some classical Bethoveen or Bach too. Classical Thunder maybe. Expand
  21. JasonM.
    Mar 2, 2008
    More fun than such a simple game should be.
  22. StuartS.
    Mar 31, 2008
    Ingenious idea, addictive game play. All for less than 10 dollars. Ignore the naysayers and guitar hero fan boys, this game is where it is at!
  23. CJSmith
    Mar 3, 2008
    This is, hands down, the most fun/addicting game I have ever played.
  24. NicolaiP.
    Mar 5, 2008
    Great game indeed! Audiosurf just has so many game modes and possibilities, that everytime you play it, it's an all new experience! The fact that you can use your own music, a multiplayer mode, and an online highscore just adds more to it! That is what raises this game from mediocre to simply genius! Definately one of the best casual games of this decade.
  25. KrisB.
    Mar 8, 2008
    This game deserves all the hype it gets, perfectly priced casual gaming genius. Reminscent of F-Zero and Klax.
  26. Funkeystu
    Mar 9, 2008
    It's a perfect experience and makes you look at songs in a whole new way. It's not directly comparable to any games I've played before and I probably view it probably fits outside my standard definition of "game", but its a truly great way to kick back and listen to music - at $10 its a top buy!
  27. AliR.
    Apr 28, 2008
    Best free time game EVER! I loved how you can choose your own music and it makes the game different! Every single song you play makes the game so different that you will never get tired of it! If you like free time games I would buy this game Immediately! (P.S. I think it beats Peggle by a long shot!)
  28. [anonymous]
    Apr 30, 2008
    I think this game is really awesome and it's addictiveness is just asking for perfection each time you play your favorite music track. but one thing annoys me about it though since I bought this I have had no time for counter strike or guitar hero.
  29. JAcobB.
    Jul 19, 2008
    Excellent game. Great for waiting at the airport if you listen to music there. Addicting.
  30. Izzythecubemaster
    Jan 1, 2010
    it, unlike any other music playing game, atomatically generates notes to ride on without you having to make them yourself.
  31. HaraldW
    Jan 3, 2010
    This innovative way of sufing your songs is fun and sometimes suprisingly good. Absolute worth playing and having fun.
  32. Swazzy492
    Apr 18, 2010
    I absolutely love Audiosurf. It's a simple, addictive game which allows people to have fun with their music. To those people out there, writing complaints about games not living up to your standards, TRY THE DEMO NEXT TIME!! That's what it's there for, to allow a person to experience part of the game for free. I did, and I was so completely addicted I had to buy the full game.
  33. BrettG.
    Apr 26, 2008
    I don't know what it is about this game, but its just addicting.. and amazing..its almost hypnotizing.
  34. SethHenning
    Feb 21, 2008
    This game is a work of genius. The best part is that theres no set songs that you have to play, any mp3's work. The way the whole map moves to your songs is amazing too, the road bumps to the beat along with the crazy floating shapes flying in the background. This game is a bargain at its price of 10 bucks and if you love music you should pick this game up.
  35. JakeBreen
    Feb 20, 2008
    This game is just simply brilliant. It brings fresh and original gameplay to the PC, and with the inclusion of dynamic tracks based on your songs is also brilliant. The only problem is, some tracks are basically the exact same track, of course that's not AudioSurf's fault, it's the artists fault. Now the inclusion of a scoreboard has kept me addicted to this game. Long will This game is just simply brilliant. It brings fresh and original gameplay to the PC, and with the inclusion of dynamic tracks based on your songs is also brilliant. The only problem is, some tracks are basically the exact same track, of course that's not AudioSurf's fault, it's the artists fault. Now the inclusion of a scoreboard has kept me addicted to this game. Long will I try to beat Gamer007's Vortal Combat Score..I'll get it eventually.. Anyways to wrap this up, AudioSurf is a nice little game, and for only $10 and the Inclusion of the OrangeBox Soundtrack, you can't go wrong with this. Expand
  36. DylanB.
    Feb 26, 2008
    Definately worth the $10. With its unique gameplay and different styles of play, why wouldn't you buy it!? Also, the fact that it's on Steam and the most sold game recently, it must be a big hit! For anyone who thinks this would be a bad game, download the free demo on Steam, you will love it! But, there is only one bad thing about the game and that is is that even with the best Definately worth the $10. With its unique gameplay and different styles of play, why wouldn't you buy it!? Also, the fact that it's on Steam and the most sold game recently, it must be a big hit! For anyone who thinks this would be a bad game, download the free demo on Steam, you will love it! But, there is only one bad thing about the game and that is is that even with the best computer, maximum graphics settings lag the computer, but other than that, well worth it! Expand
  37. Feb 12, 2011
    This game is a great way to entertain yourself if you are bored or have not very much to do. It can also be highly competitive thanks to the scoreboard system, which enables you to see your friend's scores on the specific song played.
  38. Aug 12, 2011
    Audiosurf is incredibly fun. It is one of those games that you will spend hours playing on first few days, and even though it quickly gets repetitive, it is something you can keep coming back to very frequently, because the game is as diverse as your music library. Overall when I first started playing Audiosurf, it felt like a neat and simple little game, which managed with just a fewAudiosurf is incredibly fun. It is one of those games that you will spend hours playing on first few days, and even though it quickly gets repetitive, it is something you can keep coming back to very frequently, because the game is as diverse as your music library. Overall when I first started playing Audiosurf, it felt like a neat and simple little game, which managed with just a few basic elements to create a fascinating experience. Each and every song causes a different race track to be created, with slow bits of the song going slowly uphill and the upbeat parts going steeply downhill at an incredible speed. It doesn't play like guitar hero, it is something entirely different. The game has 12 different characters/vehicles you can play as and each one offers a slightly different gameplay. Some allow you to delete certain colours temporarily, others allows you to pick up certain blocks and place them elsewhere, thirds give you access to two vehicles at once, testing your multitasking skill, but perhaps the most distinct and addictive style is the Mono style (it has 3 different vehicles), where you don't need to filter between different colours, but simply collect all coloured blocks and dodge a multitude of grey blocks on the way. To conclude I'd say that everyone should have this game on their computer. It's a nice thing to play if you want not just to listen to your music, but to engage in it. Audiosurf is so simple and easy to use that it is one of those things you can play whether you have a lot of free time available or only 15-20 minutes. Expand
  39. Oct 30, 2011
    As a casual music game it performs very well with multiple game modes. I like how it can build a play through of any song you choose and then compare your performance online. It's good if you just want to kill a few minutes and jam out a song. It's at least worth $5.
  40. Dec 4, 2012
    AudioSurf is the best way to enjoy your music, race around a track generated from the sound of your song collecting the coloured blocks to score points. Enjoy enhancements to your song the better you play and even a nice visual show. Music will never be the same again
  41. Jul 20, 2012
    Awesome game, expandable as anything can be and has practically unlimited replay value (It's only limited by how many songs you own, etc) and is great fun with friends too (Try to beat each others scores!)

Anyone expecting GH or Frets on Fire from this got the wrong game, even a cursory look at a trailer or the like would show it's nothing like those.
  42. Oct 2, 2012
    This is one of the best music games I have ever had the privileged of playing. The fact that I can load any song from my music library and 'surf' to it was and is literally amazing. You will not regret getting this game. If you are holding out, or are reluctant stop waiting and get it. I have currently locked in over thirty hours on this game, and I will continue to log more. The gameThis is one of the best music games I have ever had the privileged of playing. The fact that I can load any song from my music library and 'surf' to it was and is literally amazing. You will not regret getting this game. If you are holding out, or are reluctant stop waiting and get it. I have currently locked in over thirty hours on this game, and I will continue to log more. The game never gets boring, it will last as long as you love music, which is hopefully forever. Collapse
  43. Dec 9, 2012
    This game is fun to play. You can just load a song and play a game to its turn. It auto calibrates and actually changes difficulty when it gets faster and etc. as well as being a bit addictive, it was a good deal for $2.50.
  44. Jan 10, 2013
    A dynamic and entertaining game, ideal to enjoy your favorite songs, however, are missing multiplayer mode to play with friends.
    Although the interface is not too late, maybe too simple, balanced by its high playability, and hours of musical fun it can offer.
    I also mentioned the difficulty small game start to understand the different game modes and controls.
  45. KeithB.
    Mar 4, 2008
    This game is by far the best way to enjoy your music, it's fun, addictive and fast.
  46. CRL
    Jul 25, 2011
    Kind of a spin on Guitar Hero, AudioSurf puts you in a little ship traveling down a three-lane road, trying to match a bunch of colored blocks. It works perfectly in tune to the music, and each of the different 'characters' will appeal to a person's style in a different way. I got it ridiculously cheap during a Steam sale, and I enjoy it more than some games I've paid full price for.Kind of a spin on Guitar Hero, AudioSurf puts you in a little ship traveling down a three-lane road, trying to match a bunch of colored blocks. It works perfectly in tune to the music, and each of the different 'characters' will appeal to a person's style in a different way. I got it ridiculously cheap during a Steam sale, and I enjoy it more than some games I've paid full price for. It's fun, addictive, and will keep you interested as long as your music library is full. Expand
  47. JohnK.
    Aug 13, 2008
    The best $10 I ever spent on a videogame.
  48. AndreasP.
    Feb 26, 2008
    One of the most compelling arcade games I have played for the PC, and all to my favorite music!
  49. SilasCalzas
    Nov 6, 2008
    i dont really understand why everyone rates this game skyhigh. i couldnt help but getting the impression, i'm watching at a screensaver from itunes or winamp. for the game itself the music is barely necessary. it is like you're playing tetris with your mp3-library as backround music. if you want to play a music-puzzlegame i recommend amplitude or or even frequency, but this gamei dont really understand why everyone rates this game skyhigh. i couldnt help but getting the impression, i'm watching at a screensaver from itunes or winamp. for the game itself the music is barely necessary. it is like you're playing tetris with your mp3-library as backround music. if you want to play a music-puzzlegame i recommend amplitude or or even frequency, but this game is definitely not worth the money or the time spend on playing it. Expand
  50. A.R.
    Apr 3, 2008
    Fresh, ingenious gameplay? Did we play the same game? It's an uninspired falling block game combined with a buggy beat-detecting media player. It's cute, but it's not awesome - even per dollar spent.
  51. XinL.
    Mar 2, 2008
    it feels like a beta release. numerous crash. Always disconnected from server. It's fun to play it everyday for 10 minutes or 2 songs, then you'll just wonder what you are doing.
  52. BrandonM.
    Apr 15, 2008
    Honestly save some money and just listen to your favorite music while playing Tetris. Its a overly simplistic game and even the artistic work on the Audiosurf levels couldn't be more bland. You look at the track outlook and you see a massive cliff and you expect a epic decline but it has no 3d effect at all it just looks like your going straight. Its just a expensive way to listen to music.
  53. antonys
    Dec 19, 2009
    this game is good for the first week after a bit you just get sick and tired of hitting some coloured notes with a ship the most entertaining thing i find about this is MY MUSIC and if i wanted to listen to my music thats what a media player is for the only way you could posible play this for ages is if you like flashing lights and having a fit from the colours its like banging your head this game is good for the first week after a bit you just get sick and tired of hitting some coloured notes with a ship the most entertaining thing i find about this is MY MUSIC and if i wanted to listen to my music thats what a media player is for the only way you could posible play this for ages is if you like flashing lights and having a fit from the colours its like banging your head against a wall repeatavly this game if you do buy this its worth the £6 a pound a day and you will most likely never use it again Expand
  54. RomanH.
    Feb 28, 2008
    Yes, nice idea ... but this is NOT A GAME! It's an interactive screensaver, which i can download for free from all over the internet. Charging money for this "media player module with attached online ranking" is ridiculous. Portal ... man, THAT was something entertaining. Because it was A GAME!
  55. JacobS.
    Mar 24, 2008
    Yeah...it's ohkay. It's just not that fun. You start it up and you wonder, "Why did I pay for this?" It's like Guitar Hero...with worse controls and terrible syncing. It took my music...and basically randomly arranged notes. Yeah, it went with the beat, but it didn't scale with the notes at ALL! It was just plain terrible. I was expecting Frets on Fire, but got Yeah...it's ohkay. It's just not that fun. You start it up and you wonder, "Why did I pay for this?" It's like Guitar Hero...with worse controls and terrible syncing. It took my music...and basically randomly arranged notes. Yeah, it went with the beat, but it didn't scale with the notes at ALL! It was just plain terrible. I was expecting Frets on Fire, but got something a lot worse. I wish Steam gave refunds. Expand
  56. Oct 26, 2010
    Not very imaginative - there are better games out now, this one is a bit stale and does not measure up to traditional standards and performance of game play that I would associate with an enjoyable game. Save your time and money.
  57. PolarniM.
    Mar 6, 2008
    This game actually has no real point. you drive and along with the music you choose... synchronization with it is there, but it's not absolute to be worthy enough since there is no goal to this. it's so generic and meaningless sometimes... that I can't give it more than 3/10.
  58. BetoS.
    Feb 29, 2008
    IT was so boring! it should be a freeware not worth $10 bucks.
  59. CarlosG.
    May 10, 2008
    I don't see why so many people are rating this game so high. I played one song and I don't even remember if I finished it. I can't understand why people say it's addictive. Thank god they offer a free demo, because the rating and reviews were exaggerated.
  60. Oct 18, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A bit boring really but there are better rhythm action games out on the market now. I agree with what a lot of other people are saying that it looks just like Guitar Hero, not a lot of thought gone into that - I canâ Expand
  61. Oct 18, 2010
    Was told to play this gameâ
  62. Kelvin
    Jul 5, 2008
    Very nice game. You start seeing the music a lot differently once you play this.
  63. BobMcBobin
    Feb 22, 2008
    Awsome game.It is a well deserve 10. I had no problems with this game at all. But XFire needs to support this game.
  64. Jean-PhilippeJ.
    Mar 11, 2008
    Great game, but rapidly repetitive... It's not bad for the low price.
  65. AlexanderA.
    Mar 1, 2008
    As I love colours and fast speeds with twisting tracks and awesome music this game is more than art and culture. It is PERFECT! I really hope it will be a multiplayer mode over network so you can play with friends from different places on world.
  66. WezleyR.
    Mar 1, 2008
    This is a very well done game, and it is highly enjoyable. It is also a very, very smart idea. Well done.
  67. MikeD.
    Mar 16, 2008
    Grat Game. Best low budget Game ever.
  68. Daniel
    Mar 17, 2008
    Not much to say. Just, BEST GAME EVER!
  69. Kevin
    Mar 19, 2008
    A highly addictive game, really fun, suites any player. Would be a 10 but the elites are to hard lol
  70. HowardF.
    Mar 21, 2008
    Audiosurf is addictive, fast paced and brilliant, I cant say enough good things about this game! For me its one of the finest puzzle/reaction based games of all time, and at the price it is on Steam its so cheap its almost free. Get it, get it now! You know you want to...
  71. JesseB.
    Mar 24, 2008
    One of the most addicting games I've ever played!
  72. TravisE.
    Mar 24, 2008
    Absolutely awesome game for the price. It's almost a steal for what you get! Replayability for as long as you have new music.
  73. AdamB.
    Mar 25, 2008
    Anyone giving this anything less than an 8 doesn't have any music they enjoy in MP3 format.
  74. ShawnR.
    Mar 26, 2008
    Amazing. I just wish more audio games were out like this.
  75. RonnyG.
    Mar 27, 2008
    This is a funny nice game for only $9.95.
  76. PaulP.
    Mar 28, 2008
    Absolutely amazing game, wish i had thought of it!
  77. HristoL.
    Mar 28, 2008
    AWESOME GAME. It even drove me to the point to extract via PainEd songs from Painkiller soundtrack just to test them on different tracks/modes. Very addicting! It would be PERFECT if they include more Steam Achievements ! Score 1000/10 !
  78. AxelT.
    Mar 3, 2008
    Fantastic game. Can keep you entertained with your old music for hours and even days. If you got the chance: Buy it!
  79. HDS.
    Mar 7, 2008
    One word. Addictive.
  80. SeanL.
    Feb 26, 2008
    This game is amazing and way worth the $10. But the track selector could be a bit nicer.
  81. Nov 13, 2011
    Audiosurf is one of those games you play when you're bored. It's a game that should be found on a flash player website, or something similar. Sometimes it comes on sale for only $2.50, and even that isn't worth it. The graphics aren't anything to be stunned by, and the gameplay is very lacking. Fun for an hour (maybe two), but after that you'll find yourself wondering what you are doingAudiosurf is one of those games you play when you're bored. It's a game that should be found on a flash player website, or something similar. Sometimes it comes on sale for only $2.50, and even that isn't worth it. The graphics aren't anything to be stunned by, and the gameplay is very lacking. Fun for an hour (maybe two), but after that you'll find yourself wondering what you are doing with your life. Expand
  82. Dec 2, 2011
    A fun and relaxing way to make listening to music interactive. But other than that, there is a complete lack of innovation. I recommend turning iTunes on in the background and playing something else.
  83. Jan 4, 2011
    No no no no no. Guitar Hero without the guitar, so a lot less fun, OBVIOUSLY. Once you have played it a few times the backgrounds get a little boring to watch with no actual end goal.
  84. May 3, 2013
    Just for being a Steam-only game.
    Just for being a Steam-only game.
    I bought this years ago, before I made many bad experiences with Steam. Had a lot of fun with it and would have played it for countless hours for sure. But of course, instead of releasing some version free of that virus called Steam down the line, instead the developers basically tell people who don't want to use Steam you" on their forums. Well you in return then! One should actually sue game companies who only release Steam-exclusive games for not holding up their end of the deal of delivering the actual game. Because when you rely on a platform where you know that people cannot count on getting what they paid for, it virtually amounts to fraud.
    Plus, there are basically NO efforts to fix essential problems with the game. If you browse the forums, you'll often find comments like "Yeah, it's a known issue" or "It's been discussed to death". There is obviously no willingness to address issues and threads simply get locked.
  85. Jun 18, 2012
    Just dont get the point. You need a music library worth 40 bucks just to enjoy this 10 dollar 3 lane highway thing. Can this even be called a game? I have no idea. This game is boring. There's free valve mods that your will spend way more time on.
  86. Jan 30, 2013
    Audiosurf is definently a casual game. It has no real purpose or what to achieve, but worldwide stats make this more enjoyable. Most enjoyable when just want to listen to music loud and surf with the beat.
  87. EvanB.
    Feb 23, 2008
    This is an incredible game! Very addicting, very fun I play it when I'm feeling intense, as well as when i want to relax The fact that you can use any MP3 is the best part.
  88. Mark
    Feb 25, 2008
    What a find! $10 is an absolute bargain for a gem of a game. This title is so addictive, that I've pushed aside many big name games, just to play 'one more' song. I haven't listened to my music collection with such joy in a long, long time. I'm discovering subtle nuances of song that I've heard so many times before, that I never even knew about. If you What a find! $10 is an absolute bargain for a gem of a game. This title is so addictive, that I've pushed aside many big name games, just to play 'one more' song. I haven't listened to my music collection with such joy in a long, long time. I'm discovering subtle nuances of song that I've heard so many times before, that I never even knew about. If you haven't tried the game, check out the demo. I'm sure that you'll be willing to part with the $10 for the full version. Try playing Don't Fear the Reaper, by Blue Oyster Cult. Expand
  89. Matthias
    Feb 29, 2008
    Decent graphics and an addictive gameplay combined with an unmatched replayability from an independent developer. What could be a better reason to support them?
  90. FithakkT.
    Mar 1, 2008
    I love how Audiosurf makes you part of the music, involves you in the grandeur. Something that can do that... is genius!
  91. SteveW.
    Mar 1, 2008
    Could all these users be wrong? This game is as good as everyone here is saying. Download the demo and see for yourself. I purchased it even before the demo had expired to unlock the rest of the racers. Its most fun when played with music that has changes in tempo. Choosing different racers also changes the way the game is played completely. From twitch gaming of Mono to puzzle strategy Could all these users be wrong? This game is as good as everyone here is saying. Download the demo and see for yourself. I purchased it even before the demo had expired to unlock the rest of the racers. Its most fun when played with music that has changes in tempo. Choosing different racers also changes the way the game is played completely. From twitch gaming of Mono to puzzle strategy of Pusher it just keeps giving. Expand
  92. Ulti
    Mar 13, 2008
    Incredibly simple concept, and nearly flawless execution. Simply one of the best uses for ten dollars in existence.
  93. JimmyL.
    Mar 1, 2008
    This game is the best puzzle game since tetris. Replayability is endless and it's probably the most addictive puzzle game ever.
  94. VictorB.
    Mar 13, 2008
    Amazing game, re-discover your music in more ways than you thought.
  95. BerthilG.
    Mar 15, 2008
    Really nice game to play, the best combination between playing a game and listening to music. The full 10 points!
    Mar 1, 2008
    Awesome game! It's 6:24am and I'm still playing it.
  97. RoyP.
    Mar 2, 2008
    Superb, simple yet complex and very addictive!
  98. AlexandreS.
    Superb! Fantástico!
  99. JakeO.
    Mar 22, 2008
    An addictive fun game to play. with a collection of cool looking tracks and great gameplay audiosurf makes you go out and buy more music.
  100. ThomL.
    Mar 24, 2008
    10 for the best 10 bucks I've spent in a while. The replay value of AudioSurf is high. I haven't even even played most of the characters yet because I find the mono characters to be enjoyable enough. I dig the user-customizable textures... what next?
  101. Oct 2, 2012

1. At the very worst, it's an ingenious multimedia toy that'll have you dusting off the untouched corners of your MP3 collection for a few happy evenings. But for those twitching fingers that still enjoy the thrill of the high score, Audiosurf has the potential to become a bite-sized obsession thanks to its quick fix gameplay and infinite musical possibilities.
  2. AudioSurf is very good value for money. It’s fun, fresh, and addicting.
  3. Obviously a work of passion, Audiosurf is a game that must not be missed by anyone, especially with an above average interest in music.