Auto Assault PC

• Release Date: Apr 13, 2006
8.5

1. MartR.
    Aug 1, 2006
    There is nothing defining or special in this game that should keep anyone playing it for longer periods. The controls are clumsy, the graphics mediocre and the action repetitive and stale. It is a crime to charge people for something as boring as this on a monthly basis.
  2. K-Rock
    Apr 21, 2006
    How could they take possibly the greatest MMO premise - one that we've been waiting for ever since Interstate '76 - and make it so ugly? Include the technical issues that all MMOs go through in their infancy and you have a game that screams, "Wait a second! Don't buy me just yet. Give me a chance to walk first...I'm still crawling." Less organization is required, How could they take possibly the greatest MMO premise - one that we've been waiting for ever since Interstate '76 - and make it so ugly? Include the technical issues that all MMOs go through in their infancy and you have a game that screams, "Wait a second! Don't buy me just yet. Give me a chance to walk first...I'm still crawling." Less organization is required, making it less of an MMORPG than a multiplayer game. Big on action, small on layered content. We'll have to see how this one progresses - but even The Matrix Online had more to offer at launch than Auto Assault - and we all know what happened to that MMO. Expand

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Mad Max brought to MMORPG world, finally! Too bad that action-packed fighting is almost the only thing the excellent setting is used for, at least for now. Luckily the action is all good and enjoyable. [Apr 2006]
  2. Auto Assault has undergone a massive overhaul from last year. In it's current state it looks fantastic, and plays with the kind of adrenaline-rushing glee that all games hope to aspire to.
  3. Combines the vehicular glee of Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors with the ultraviolence of Rambo or Carmeggedon. What lets it down is ugliness, its hunger for power (and the corresponding technical issues), and the knowledge that this would be much better and more coherent as a purely single-player game.