• Publisher: NCSOFT
  • Release Date: Apr 13, 2006
8.5

1. Jul 5, 2012
    This was a great MMORPG. Auto Assault was unique because instead of being a human warlock, you created a character but you would usually be in a vehicles. I reserved this game from Gamestop when it was first released. The game was given to the people who reserved a few days earlier then everyone else. I remember it was Easter weekend. When I bought the game for some reason most of that week I was out of school. In about a five day time span I had put in over seventy hours of game play. There was a monthly fee of fifteen dollars (like usual), with the first being free. I started off as a Commando and eventually was able to use a tank. The game featured players to make their own clans, change the colors of their vehicles, and use a mic in game. Besides being able to get a tank, their was also other vehicles like a motorcycle that could stealth. The quests do get repetitive, but all MMO quests are. My favorite part of the game was getting loot to customize the vechicle and make it all bad ass. Their was not a bazillion people when the game released (like World of Warcraft) but their was a lot more then Final Fantasy 11 Online for the Xbox 360 (see previous review). The game featured PVP death matches that were tons of fun. Driving around and shooting other people with laser beams and machine guns was great. About two years after initial launch I began playing the game again. I realized there were different factions. There was human, biotic, and some cyborg dudes. I messed around with the game for another month because I was pissed that my human Commando with the tank had been deleted (I am guessing because of my inactivity). I tried out the biotic guys and would say that use poisons and are green. The cyborg people were the coolest faction. They have futuristic looking vechiles and for some reason I remember the color red being associtated with them. This time when I played their was even less people playing. I would say I saw about hundred people in each city I went to. I recently checked up on this game found out they have closed down the servers as of 7/02/2007 =( If you are interested in this game then you should look up and find a private server. If you find one post the link in the comments section (I would not mine playing it again). This was a great MMORPG and so I deceided to review this game; even though it is dead. In a way it competes with World of Warcraft as the best MMORPG to me because this game offered what other MMOs have not; kicking ass in vechiles while looting. Collapse
  2. Jul 5, 2012

1. Mad Max brought to MMORPG world, finally! Too bad that action-packed fighting is almost the only thing the excellent setting is used for, at least for now. Luckily the action is all good and enjoyable. [Apr 2006]
  2. Auto Assault has undergone a massive overhaul from last year. In it's current state it looks fantastic, and plays with the kind of adrenaline-rushing glee that all games hope to aspire to.
  3. Combines the vehicular glee of Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors with the ultraviolence of Rambo or Carmeggedon. What lets it down is ugliness, its hunger for power (and the corresponding technical issues), and the knowledge that this would be much better and more coherent as a purely single-player game.