B-17 Gunner: Air War Over Germany PC

tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 3 more ratings

1. Oct 18, 2014
    Again, this game was was only fun to me as a child. No longer. The game is repetitive as hell. Sure there's some satisfaction from downing a fighter, but it doesn't last long. And even when you fail a mission, you proceed tot he next one. I mean, really? Come on, what kind of challenge is that?! Also, I've never seen German planes open fire on me, and you gunners seem to just die randomly.Again, this game was was only fun to me as a child. No longer. The game is repetitive as hell. Sure there's some satisfaction from downing a fighter, but it doesn't last long. And even when you fail a mission, you proceed tot he next one. I mean, really? Come on, what kind of challenge is that?! Also, I've never seen German planes open fire on me, and you gunners seem to just die randomly. Game don't have to be realistic to be fun, but this game is neither realistic nor fun. Get IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 instead, where you not only can be a bomber gunner, but also fly one too, and with mods, control a B-17. It's both realistic and fun. Expand

1. Unfortunately I was very disappointed with just about everything. From the mission briefing, right up through the mission debriefing where you obtain all your stats. The graphics were archaic for lack of a better word.
  2. GamePower
    But to ask players to embark upon mission after mission of mindless gunplay and nonsensical war-fighting tactics belittles the role of the B-17 in the air war over Europe ... to say nothing of the fact that it offers nothing in the way of originality.
  3. Despite the lack of detailed graphics and absence of any need for a flight model, B-17 Gunner stutters worse than some detailed flight sims that tax the computer far more than this simple arcade game.