7.0

1. Dec 25, 2010
    Great game for fans of the series who've always imagined where a fourth movie would go. The only problem some might have with the game is that those who buy it now are only getting 2-4 hours worth of gameplay. THE PRICE INCLUDES EVERY EPISODE! So you will get a notification whenever the second is available and be able to download it without any further cost. Also, some might be turned-offGreat game for fans of the series who've always imagined where a fourth movie would go. The only problem some might have with the game is that those who buy it now are only getting 2-4 hours worth of gameplay. THE PRICE INCLUDES EVERY EPISODE! So you will get a notification whenever the second is available and be able to download it without any further cost. Also, some might be turned-off by the point and click adventure format. Again; if you're not a die hard BTTF fan the game will probably underwhelm you. All that said, the story is excellent, and it is very rewarding to put together the actions to complete each task. The voice acting from Lloyd is great as expected and the Fox sound-a-like is outstanding. If you love the series and bought the new blu-ray (which will give you the first episode for free in Feb.) this is a perfect companion piece. Expand
  2. Dec 25, 2010
    An excellent, fully fledged sequel to the original trilogy. I just got through the first episode, and was thoroughly amused with the voice acting, writing, and story progression. This could easily have been a fourth movie, especially considering the story takes off six months after Back to the Future Part III ended, when Doc got himself lost in time, yet again.

I only have two

I only have two complaints, the first of which is the MSRP of $25. The game only took me three hours to complete, which is very short compared to most games. Out of a $50 game, people generally expect at least 20 hours. So to only get three from a $25 game is a big let down. However, since the release I have seen some stores price it at $20, which is a tad more reasonable.

My second complaint is that I'm going to have to wait until near the end of next year to play part five, and the conclusion of this awesome game! I'm already ecstatic for part two, coming in February!
  3. Jun 25, 2011
    Best game of this type. You will enjoy it if you are a fan of the movies
  4. Zan
    Jan 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Before I get into my assessment of the game, a quick response to mentions of the price in other comments: The current price of $25 US or 15 British pounds (according to Grey1972) includes all 5 episodes of Season 1 in that price, but episodes 2-5 won't be available until February, so you're getting 10-20 hours of game play for that price, not just 3. This is the same scheme they used for Sam and Max and Monkey Island. Episode 1 will be available for individual purchase around the time Episode 2 comes out, probably for about $7-8. Until then you can only pre-purchase the entire season, but it will save you money in the long run.

Now onto the game review: Overall, a satisfying experience for Back to the Future fans, and fans of other TellTale games. The puzzles take some thought but none are too difficult to solve on your own. The built in hint system, if you choose to use it, gives enough info without giving it away. I saw a few glitches pop-up but nothing serious (although I did here a report of one possible game breaking bug, so be sure to save on a regular basis) All of the Back to the Future cliches are there-- ancestors of George McFly and Biff Tannen, a Manure incident, the clock tower/courthouse, as well as connections to some other side characters. As for things that are missing - there's no explanation yet as to where Clara is (this is supposed to be 6 months after BttF III), and no one from Marty's mother's family has shown up yet, but that may come in a later episode. Anyway, it's a fun casual game that you can play in one sitting if you have a few hours, or wait you can play it in short spurts. If I had any wish for future episodes, its that they will be a little longer and have a few more challenging (but not insane) puzzles. The one thing I've always found lacking in Telltale games is multiple ways to get to the same point, sometimes with different endings as a result (See King's Quest 5 for a game that did this really well), but they are one of the very few companies keeping the adventure game genre alive so I still love them.
  5. Jan 4, 2011
    I absolutely loved this game - it really is like Back to the Future Part 4!

Here's my Top 50 games of all time:

The Legend of Zelda a Link to the Past
    Super Metroid
    The Legend of Zelda
    Metroid Prime (Trilogy)
    Banjo-Kazooie
    Resident Evil 4
    Tetris DS
    Words with Friends (Scrabble)
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Mike Tysonâ
  6. Jan 2, 2011
    As a fan of both Telltale Games and the Back to the Future trilogy, I've been very excited about this release. And it was worth it. What Telltale delivered was a smart game that stays true to the Back to the Future story, has the same talent behind the script, and lots of easter eggs for the hardcore fans. Now, the game isn't perfect, obviously. The episode is short (it took me only aAs a fan of both Telltale Games and the Back to the Future trilogy, I've been very excited about this release. And it was worth it. What Telltale delivered was a smart game that stays true to the Back to the Future story, has the same talent behind the script, and lots of easter eggs for the hardcore fans. Now, the game isn't perfect, obviously. The episode is short (it took me only a little under 2 hours) and the puzzles aren't challenging, that's a shame coming from Telltale. My second complaint is that the setting you're in feels very stale. Maybe it's just the time period, but it bored me. The voice work in this game is fantastic, and a special nod to Christopher Lloyd and AJ LoCasio for their stellar performances. If you're a telltale fan, you'll love it for the (light) gameplay. If you're a Back to the Future fan, you'll play it for the story that continues the saga without causing any time paradoxes. If you're a fan of both...well, you're in for a treat. Expand
  7. Feb 25, 2011
    Great game , Story seems a little silly and the game play can be a little frustrating at times but it is fun to see the back to the future story line continue on. For the price I would say buy it
  8. Feb 15, 2011
    Amazingly fun game!

Remember that people? Fun? Best I can describe this game is classic back to the future feel and story mixed with monkey island. Now the graphics are kinda sub par but they're clean, the controls are a bit off, but the story is awesome, witty, and convoluted time paradox mess! The explanations doc brown gives are classic back to the future. The voice acting for Marty
    Amazingly fun game!

Remember that people? Fun?

Now the graphics are kinda sub par but they're clean, the controls are a bit off, but the story is awesome, witty, and convoluted time paradox mess! The explanations doc brown gives are classic back to the future. The voice acting for Marty is amazing. I laughed more than a few times, and there is one particular scene in which I actually thought I experienced something truly original in a gaming experience that stretches back to the early 80's I won't give anything away but it has something to so with making something.

It's a very easy game as far as the puzzles, however I truly had fun with it and was only disappointed in the length, FAR too short! I was finished under 2 hours but man what a good time! I'm really quite eager for the next episode!
  9. Mar 4, 2011
    As a huge fan of the original movie trilogy, this game really does an amazing job of bringing back that feeling of wonder and excitement that Doc Brown and his Delorean inspired.

The game itself is simple enough to master without reading a manual or playing tutorials. The interface leaves a little to be desired as sometimes getting where you want to go can be less than perfect, but these minor annoyances are more than made up for by the game's intelligent puzzles and genuinely entertaining story.

In fact the story feels much like the movie, but with a completely original plot that introduces some new characters (such as a young Emmitt Brown) and of course old favourites like George McFly and the Tannens.

Probably my favourite aspect of the game, though, is how accurate the model of the Delorean is. Every detail is made to look exactly like the movies, even down to the (less than obvious) "shield eyes from light" embossed tape stuck to the flux capacitor.

No hoverboards yet, but I'm hoping they'll make an appearance before the end. Currently awaiting episode 3 with much anticipation!
  10. Jun 9, 2011
    this games story line is awesome.... Bang for the buck I love it game play is excellent work buying very time comsumingand the story is great
    i recommend this game to anybody of all ages
  11. Jun 29, 2011
    I just got this game yesterday, since all the Episodes are available and this game captures the essence of Back to the Future from the musical score, atmosphere and the feeling of you being Marty McFly.

Granted I am only in Episode I, but having a AWESOME time reliving this movie in a video game. I was 14 years old when this movie was released and saw it with my parents and little brother at the time.

So if your a TRUE FAN of all the Back to the Future movies, you won't be disappointed .
  12. Aug 26, 2012
    I took it for what it is and had a lot of fun with it. Gameplay is NOT the core, its a simple point and click adventure, the fun is meant in the figuring out the situations and following the plot. I really liked the movie, and this little game did not disappoint, it has the feeling and humor of it.
  13. Jun 3, 2013
    Excellent old school adventure!

In the game you can feel same spirit that you felt when you where watching the original movies. Graphics is 100% fit this kind of game!
  14. Jan 31, 2014
    One of Tell Tale games intermediate releases (after Sam & Max and before the rise of the Walking Dead), "Back to the Future" progresses the story of Marty McFly after the third movie (and suggests a sequel). Having grown up on the movies, I loved just playing around in the world. A lot of the graphics and puzzles are really engaging, at the end of the day the game feels like it was putOne of Tell Tale games intermediate releases (after Sam & Max and before the rise of the Walking Dead), "Back to the Future" progresses the story of Marty McFly after the third movie (and suggests a sequel). Having grown up on the movies, I loved just playing around in the world. A lot of the graphics and puzzles are really engaging, at the end of the day the game feels like it was put together on something of a tight budget and that shows in the levels/settings (which get re-used over and over with touch ups as you travel back and forth in time). Now balance that with the fact that Christopher Lloyd reprises his role as Emmett Brown? Thumbs up, especially if you like adventure games! Expand
  15. Mar 9, 2014
    If you're a BTTF junkie, it's a must have.
    It has the same flavour as the movies, even that little things.
    The story is fun but the puzzles are rather easy.
    Just enjoy the ride.

1. Mar 21, 2011
    A solid start for the series, though a little too short and easy to complete. Telltale, please, we want more! [Feb 2011, p.105]
  2. Mar 16, 2011
    Generally speaking, Back to the Future: The Game is still worth some attention for fans of the movies. Its appropriate choices in art and audio, along with its 200% dedication to the films, will definitely keep Future fanatics off the manure. However, when it comes to the gameplay, my advice would be to try and not take it too seriously.
  3. Mar 9, 2011
    Too easy and too short...but sparkling dialogues and a brilliant interpretation will move every Back to the Future fan.