Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn PC

9.2

1. JoshA.
    Mar 18, 2003
    From the epic storyline to the superb graphics and environments to the flawless and never-gets-old battle system, this game is one of the greatest role-playing games ever made. It will make you want to take up D&D just to be a part of the world of Faerun!
  2. OK
    Apr 20, 2003
    Quite simply, the greatest game I've ever played.
  3. ChrisL.
    Jun 10, 2002
    This game is by far the best I have ever played. There is so much you can do in it that you can literally play it for hours and hours. The best!
  4. GunhanK.
    Aug 1, 2002
    Quite possibly the most immersive and fun RPG I have ever played to date. Well-balanced, entertaining, challenging enough, looks good, has nice music... What more can one ask for?
  5. EmanuelS.
    Aug 15, 2004
    This game has only two very small problems with it: 1. The portraits suck 2. You get some warning messages far to much. Besides that it is everything you need from a game! It is AWESOME!!!!
  6. AndrewB.
    Oct 5, 2005
    This game has and still is the best game i have played.
  7. Simon
    Mar 30, 2008
    If you haven't played it, you should. The best in RPG.
  8. EdS.
    Aug 23, 2001
    Quite easily the greatest game ever.
  9. RobertC.
    Dec 5, 2003
    I've been playing RPGs eversince NES's Zelda, and this is the best game ever. I know that no reviews can be completely objective, but no other game I know is as fun, intricate, beautiful and once again fun as Baldur's Gate 2. Play it!
  10. FrancoP.
    Sep 10, 2003
    This game is very good, i like it. I don't now english very well, I'm from argentina.
  11. AlexL.
    Dec 22, 2004
    Quite easily the most entertaining RPG I have ever played. This game comes with a boatload of side quests and an entertaining main storyline, and will take a while to beat. There are also some fantastic mods to download.
  12. PRF
    Sep 29, 2005
    300 Hrs of questing this is hte best rpg I have encoutered. Pros the amount of quests and the things you can do. Cons It can take an age to get from a to b and combat can be messy.
  13. BoH.
    Jul 13, 2006
    I still play this game. It is still the best game with the best feeling and addiction level. No other RPG game has com close to matching it. "Hamsters and rangers everywhere - REJOICE!"
  14. MattD.
    Oct 23, 2007
    Even now, years later, there's nothing else that comes close.
  15. DrewC.
    Apr 24, 2002
    Quite easily the BEST game in the history of the world! With amazing graphics and great gameplay this is the greatest game ever.
  16. ArturoV.
    Mar 11, 2006
    This is my second favourite RPG of all time. The story line is great and really pulls you into the game.
  17. BillG.
    Jul 12, 2006
    Fantastic rpg. Highly recommended.
  18. Mar 5, 2016
    Respected and renowned film critic Roger Ebert famously said: "Video games can never be art. To my knowledge, no one in or out of the field has ever been able to cite a game worthy of comparison with the great dramatists, poets, filmmakers, novelists and composers."

It's a shame no one showed him this game.
  19. May 15, 2015
    I just think this is the best PC game ever made. It's 15 years old, and it's still the best plot I've ever seen in RPG game. This is the only pc game i keep playing even after all this years...
  20. Sep 6, 2015
    There are very few games that can captivate like this one. From the moment you awaken and Imoen comes to help you escape the whole game is stellar. From the bickering companions, and this is long before Mass Effect and Dragon Age (The latter of which has gotten worse with every release.) to the epic storyline which, initially at least, centres upon rescuing Imoen. Before revealing itselfThere are very few games that can captivate like this one. From the moment you awaken and Imoen comes to help you escape the whole game is stellar. From the bickering companions, and this is long before Mass Effect and Dragon Age (The latter of which has gotten worse with every release.) to the epic storyline which, initially at least, centres upon rescuing Imoen. Before revealing itself to be somewhat grander in scale, the game rarely has any lulls in the story. My one complaint is that because the character of Imoen was intended to die at Spellhold, she has no real dialogue once she's back in your party. This however is fixed in the equally fantastic Throne Of Bhaal expansion. One conversation in particular she has with Edwin is hilarious.
    Since this game was initially released I have played through it countless times and still haven't done every quest, or seen every outcome. In todays gaming market which is overly saturated with generic shooters and the same Assassins Creed crap released yearly this is a total rarity. There are two games that almost match it and they are The Witcher 3 and Dragon Age: Origins. Of course, since Bioware effectively sold their soul to EA we have seen all of their quality drop dramatically, especially the Dragon Age franchise.
    In summation, one of the best games I have ever played. Buy it.
  21. Apr 6, 2016
    A masterpiece of storytelling, wit, challenge, balance. Possibly the best RPG of all time. I played it to completion when first released and I've replayed it many years later with the same joy and immersion.
  22. TC
    Apr 8, 2002
    There's a learning curve in there, although you can just pick up and play. Once you get to grips with spellcasting, and understand combat effects better - then you're completely hooked. The game is brilliant. I can't give it 10, because nothing is ever perfect. But this is close, real close.
    Oct 1, 2002
    THE DWARF! is possibly the coolest looking character (and my favorite). Not only the dwarf but the halfling, and elf. The Half-orc is a nice feature as well as the prestiege classes. I love how they kept the d20 system and I have never beaten the game. I think just making a new character is fun enough that I don't want my characters adventure to end.
  24. PubaH.
    Feb 24, 2002
    Greatest Game ever.
  25. MikeW.
    Mar 26, 2002
    This game rocks, it is just a bit confusing to get used to. I havn't played this game for that long, and I am confused as hell, and I am just starting to get used to it.
  26. AlexG.
    Jun 23, 2002
    A totally new experience! Most games I have played revolved around one simple plot, unlike BG and BG2 which kept me always doing something new.
  27. TimS.
    Mar 20, 2003
    Wow! This is a fantastic rpg! D&D has never been so fun! Throne of Bhaal add-on is just as good!
  28. J.B.
    Aug 11, 2006
    The greatest D&D RPG ever and possibly the greatest CRPG. Combines action with an incredible storyline, great voice acting (mostly), intriguing character interactions, great sound and music, replayability and perfect gameplay. Even after years of play I still run across things I missed the first time through. Incredible game.
  29. Error303
    Mar 15, 2003
    One of the greatest RPGs for computers (with Fallout 1/2). An absolute classic.
  30. May 7, 2016
    To this day, in my opinion, this is still the best RPG ever created, it's utterly fantastic. Interesting story, amazing characters (and really good character development), beautiful places... if you love RPGs, this is the game for you.

1. Antagonist
    I'd like my life back, Black Isle.
  2. For the first time in a single player game, I truly felt I was playing my way through a pen and paper fantasy campaign.
  3. GamePower
    It's not just vast, but flooded with quests and side adventures. There is always something to do in this game and, after that, there's always something more.