8.8

1. Jan 13, 2012
    I like this game... i do. But when you can't save without windows live, and the patch system i so broken, that the word broken can't be used, i can only give it zero! basically its unplayable without windows live, therefor its completely broken, and can only be given a zero.

Windows live is a bad attempt from microsoft to be a part of the gaming industry, and forcing PC players to become
    part of their **** broken, buggy, utterly completely pointless gaming gimmick!
    from now on, i might never buy another game with "windows live" on the cover.
    I really do, day for day, get a better understanding for pirates, less problems then actually buying a game!
  2. May 9, 2013
    This is a game that I kept hearing great things about for a few years now. I've been meaning to try it. I just recently got around to it, and frankly I am dumbfounded looking at some of the ratings it's gotten. I wanted to like it, I really did but it's been quite some time since a video game has left me so bored, and I don't think I have ever played anything more overrated. (Except maybe the Halo series or Borderlands)

The level design is bland and uninspired. The combat system is oversimplified. The enemy AI is utterly braindead. Many of the early fights you can win even if you close your eyes and just start tapping the strike and counter buttons randomly, and I'm not exaggerating. Try it and you'll see what I mean.

All we have here in Batman Arkham Asylum is painfully linear button-masher that has very little real substance. It's a game that younger, casual console gamers will have a blast with. You get non-stop action with no thought required whatsoever. If that's your thing, go for it.

In all fairness I need to point out that for a 2009 game, most of the visuals are pretty decent. Some of the character models are not that well done, but overall it is not a bad looking game. The voice acting for Batman and Joker are excellent, but most of the other voices aren't anything special.

I'm glad I was able to get my copy of this for free, I would have been pretty upset if I had to spend money on this turd. Like I said, I wanted to like it and I really tried but it's just not a very good game IMHO. I ended up deleting it to save some hard drive space, because I know for sure that I will never be playing this one again.
  3. Mar 28, 2013
    GFWL entering the game key several times poor controller support no way to restore your saved game files if you reinstall windows. This is a good game but it comes with too many unnecessary DRM crap, starting with GFWL. This game was deliberately designed to lesson the PC gamer experience.
  4. Jun 29, 2013
    this game is a joke for adult players: The gameplay is so simple: press button and something awesome will happen, haha. KI is intelligence? So a classic console game: simple and easy... There are some good sides of this game: graphic is great and the performance perfect. Anyway it doesnt help the gameplay.
  5. Nov 6, 2010
    Batman Arkham Asylum, is one of the best super hero, no one of the bestr game erver made. Hand down. Everything is perfect, from the graphic to the gameplay, simply of joyfull moment of video game
  6. Mar 9, 2013
    This over rated piece of crapp deserves zero only. This game is no way to play without X360 controller, i didn't see so lazy and poor console port before and i don't see any reason to port games from console, if you have to use console controller to play. Optimization is poor as well. There is no balancing, simple thugs kick makes more damage than these ones of Bane. You can't skip annoying cut scenes and there is no normal save system. I did buy Steam version, but still i had to install over 500MB of software to play Games for Windows Live nVidia Physx SecuRom What a joke. Expand
  7. May 12, 2012
    Played this game for about 3 hours and was having a blast but then, when I came back the next day to play some more, my save was corrupted... You see, a game has to **** work for it to be fun
  8. Apr 22, 2011
    Unfortunately this game comes disabled with Windows Live ID, which prevents makes the game unplayable since you can't save your progress. Otherwise the game itself looks like it could be quite fun. If you have any interest in the game, don't buy it before first checking that Windows Live ID works properly on your machine - the games requirements don't point out that this is an essential requirement. Googling for solutions shows that Windows Live is extremely buggy and disables purchased software for many people. Even after days of trying the myriad fixes for where Win Live doesn't install itself properly, and checking all the Microsoft system checks for network, uPnP & port configurations, Win Live still prevents me from accessing this game. Such overzealous copy-protection may gain the developers some kick-backs from MS, but completely alienates paying customers. Expand
  9. Jun 5, 2013
    While I've heard and read all the good stories about this game, I have to rate it a 0, the game crashes after one minute, after doing some research I discovered I am by far not alone with this problem.
  10. Nov 18, 2013
    Batman AA is like every other button smasher I've ever played since the original NES. Kick, punch, roundhouse kick from one badguy to the next. Boring and cookie cutter. What happened to creativity?
  11. Dec 26, 2011
    Just gotta say, the Batman games are a huge disappointment. I bought in to the hype, and I should have known better. They're generic buttom mash third person directional combat garbage. I've played this game so many times with different characters and settings it's ridiculous. To be completely honest, the Matrix games were exactly the same thing, but far far better. The Batman games get 2/10 from me. A complete waste of money, no matter the price. Expand
  12. Feb 11, 2013
    Simply a masterpiece,how can you not enjoy this at £2.49 on Steam.A total givaway.The controller works brilliantly and the missions are just right and a bit of eye candy if you run DX11 what a game awesome.
  13. Feb 18, 2014
    I have a powerful system with an nVidia card, but technical difficulties with missing PhysX libraries in the current version make the game a slideshow any time there are particles on the screen. Voice acting is a bit wooden from time to time. And gameplay is extremely linear. It's one of those action games where you go from cutscene to cutscene, doing insignificant things and a few fights in between. I kind of liked the graphics but I've seen much better as well. And going by the Steam statistics, only 33% of players actually finishes the game. To me that means that the high scores and multiple accolades given to this game are not an accurate reflection of it's qualities. I think this was overhyped and I would not recommend it to any of my friends. Expand
  14. Sep 20, 2014
    I really don't get the hype about this game, and I'm a huge Batman fan (and a huge gamer). The combat is horrid... it's just a button masher. It's sooooo easy. I feel like the difficulty is catered to 6-7 year olds... or maybe Dark souls just spoiled me?

1. The result is so good that we're declaring it an easy 'Best of' contender for 2009.
  2. I can say with confidence and cannot stress enough, Batman: Arkham Asylum is, without a doubt, the best Batman game ever created. It does more than give you the Batman game you want, it gives you a video game that you could play repeatedly, even if it didn't have the caped and cowled Dark Knight in it.
  3. There isn’t a single element of Arkham Asylum that isn’t polished to the utmost degree.