8.5

1. Nov 25, 2011
    I can't believe people voting this a 0, but I guess there are haters everywhere. Yes the game was a month late, yes DX11 features will slow down your game, when it should, in fact, speed it up, yes there is SecuRom, and yes its on GWFL. However, none of that really matters, a month later? Who fricking cares, yes I had some of it spoiled, but I should have kept away from the batman forums to be sure. Still the story keeps me intrigued, the combat is insanely good, and the atmosphere is amazing. Can't do much about GFWL and SecuRom, they don't make the game worse, they are just bad choiced to safeguard against people playing without paying. The DX11 thing is something that they already are aware of, and they will fix it. So, if your that angered by it, wait before you buy it, or if you already bought it, don't play until the patch is out. Until that patch there are lots of goodies to play meanwhile, like Skyrim and Battlefield 3.
    As stated earlier this games combat is awesome, and works even better on mouse and keyboard than its predecessor. I have had no troubles whatsoever, and the troubles I did have came from me not being used to the combat system, not because it was bad.
    The graphics are gorgeous beyond belief, even in DX9 it looks good, I can also run at almost max with max PhysX on my GTX460, only thing I have turned down is AA at 16x .
    The sound is awesome, including the voice acting, The Joker is especially, like last game, really good. But most all of the voice acting done here is awesome.
    I can't find any fault with this game other than the DX11 problem, and that will be fixed, so a solid 10/10 and this game leaves me wondering what will be GOTY. To me it is between this, battlefield 3 (the MP is sooooo solid), The Witcher 2 and Skyrim. All are 9 or 10 out of 10 in my book.
  2. Nov 24, 2011
    Awesome game, DX11 is fine, just spin around so all the textures load first.. Great story and the characters are true to form. BF3, Skyrim will have to collect dust while I play this one over and over.
  3. Dec 3, 2011
    Played only a portion of this on PC now (a little over 15% - I have tried it on the console prior to the PC release) and while one would think the controller would make it better for something 3rd person like Batman AC I'd have to disagree: the mouse and keyboard are actually a pleasure to play with apart from having to double-tap some of the keys to quickfire (but luckily these can be customised and a few quick shortcuts can be created for your favourites). The AR missions were a breeze using the Keyboard/Mouse when compared to the PS3 controller!

It looks far better on PC too (I only have a GTX295 so DX11 is a no go for me anyway). Only real issues so far are 1) the long startup time when initially firing it up, 2) GFWL (although so far it hasn't lost any of my saves in quite a while unlike with Arkham Asylum), 3) having to keep my disc in the tray (luckily there was a "community" patch to fix that up...it's bad enough I didn't get a proper case with my CE but I guess the book will keep it sort of safe) and 4) having to wait so damn long after the console release (it's true - having played it a little on console before the PC release didn't help my thirst).
  4. Nov 24, 2011
    Batman is the ideal hero for the angry birds and trolls with awesome story&characters and graphics for this sequel.This game "Batman: Arkham City" is a good gift for christmas if you want a lot of fun breaking balls villains of the city.
  5. Nov 22, 2011
    good game, although quite buggy, and sometimes feels like a cheap port, although overall still a very enjoyable title, and quite interesting to play. If you are into action games, and don't mind a game that is a bit buggy untill the next update, get this game.
  6. Nov 28, 2011
    Despite some bugs, I can't give this game less than a 9. The story and voice acting are fantastic, with Mark Hamill's Joker stealing the show once again. The game looked nice, even though I don't have a very fast PC, and am running it on the lowest settings. I'm sure it looks amazing with everything cranked up. The main quest line is only about 10 hours long, but there are plenty of side quests and a challenge mode to keep you busy long after that. The combat system is pretty similar to AA, only with more moves, gadgets and bad guys. Expand
  7. Nov 22, 2011
    The game is buggy with DX11 support. You will feel frame drops and lags once in a while. But I assume that these problems will go away since the company will fix them sooner or later. That is OK. However, there are five activation limits due to SecuROM. Since Batman Arkham Asylum now has a machine limit revoke tool, they might release a similar tool for Arkham City as well in the future. The concept of the game is very similar to that of Asylum. The difference is that this game use a while city as its stage while Asylum does a while prison as its stage. This is a good thing because the whole events are more colorful and diverse in this game than Asylum. Thanks to interesting landscapes, the game will keep you interested in what will happen next. Overall the game itself deserves 10 score. Since the DX11 problem will go away eventually, a major flaw is the activation limit. I will knock off 1 score because of this. When they release a revoke tool, the score will move up to 10. Expand
  8. Dec 4, 2011
    This is the closest we've come to the perfect video game. It's a thing of beauty. The perfect combination of character, story, idea and execution. It shows the awesome potential of video games in its full glory.
  9. Dec 1, 2011
    HA! Look at all the red reviewer's lack of intelligence. You are supposed to be explaining why this game is either good or not...not that you have a sh*tty PC or something non compatible and are having technical issues. Why don't you wannabes go get a console and leave serious PC gaming to us big boys. This game is an awesome experience from start to finish. You will not be disappointed if you enjoyed the first game even a little. All the red reviews - unless you gave legitimate reasoning on why the game wasn't to your liking....GTFO, you are stinking up my interweb. Expand
  10. Feb 13, 2012
    I'd love to review this game higher, but it took me almost a week to get the technical quibbles sorted out. I'm not going to review based on that aspect, just know that running smoothly is by no means guaranteed, even if you have a high end rig. As for the game, It's not quite as good as Arkham Asylum. The more open world is liberating, but stressful, as everything feels more cluttered. The focused story of the previous game almost allowed the player to relax more and take their time, whereas this time around the opposite is true. This is still a great game, I just wish they had cut some of the more superfluous content. It's not often that I suggest removing things from a game, but this is one of those cases. Great game, but those with OCD to collect and finish all content be warned - it will take you a while, and likely lead to frustration. Expand
  11. Mar 25, 2012
    Superb! A sequel impeccable, fine, luxury. Entirely correct in all respects. Added the side missions. Totally correct. Played on a pc from 2009 to 60 fps constant. Recommended! (translated by google)
  12. Apr 17, 2012
    I personally had no problems with this game. I was pissed off a bit because DX11 just made the game crash but I didn't care. I bought this during the Steam Christmas Sale 2011 and the game ran perfect. The game was fairly long and there is a lot more to do.
  13. Nov 26, 2011
    This game is a serious contender for game of the year. The story is interesting and the gameplay is fun. The only downside is that DirectX 11 is not working yet, and I'm not sure if it ever will (that's why I didn't give it a perfect score). The good news is that the DirectX 9 graphics alternative is also terrific. Definitively a keeper.
  14. Nov 28, 2011
    Slight Bugs, but hits many right notes. Amazing story and twists. New Game Plus is a pretty sweet addition that will keep me coming back for more, plus everything you love about Arkham Asylum is back.
  15. Mar 6, 2012
    This is the only game I have ever played that got melee/hack/slash combat right. And I have player a LOT of games. It really is a flawless combat system. Try to ignore the lower ratings based purely on whether it worked or not. I purchased this game 2 months after release and I had no bugs whatsoever so they have clearly fixed the worst problems. The story was perfect, it really drew you in and opened the door into how the comics portrayed batman (not the hollywood version). I recommend anyone to this game and give it a 9 because no game is a 10. It's a beautiful game. Expand
  16. Jun 28, 2012
    Batman: Arkham City took everything that made the first game excellent and expanded on it tenfold: brilliant story, improved combat system, a new range of enemies from the Batman universe, new locations and a new set of Riddler games for collectibles. This game is a great title from 2011 and should be part of your collection.
  17. Nov 28, 2011
    Greatest comic book to videogame conversion EVER. If you've played Arkham Asylum and you were wondering how it would even be possible to make a better Batman video game given the constraints of today's graphics engines and hardware, well you wouldn't be alone. Somehow, WB have done themselves proud and not only improved the combat mechanics, stealth mechanics and core gameplay mechanics, but they've also come out with a much more thorough and amazing plot. This game has to be experienced. Once I started this game I couldn't stop and had to keep playing for the 20 hrs it took me to finish the main storyline and about half of the side missions (took another 6 hrs to finish all the riddler missions). You will get sucked in. You will become batman. You will laugh, you will cry, you will even begin to question whether Batman is doing the right thing. Simply put, this is the single must play for 2011 probably only losing to the Witcher 2 in required gaming. Sure the GfWL requirement is annoying and the failure to release the game with DX11 in a working condition is slightly annoying, but switching over to DX9 on my 2 yr old hardware ran the game at 1080p with everything at max at 60fps with physx off. Even in dx9 this still had a noticeable bump in visual fidelity vs. Batman:AA and for that I commend WB on the extra work done in polishing the PC version. Also the catwoman extra missions and change in combat mechanics are great and work seamlessly with the storyline. 10/10. Cannot wait for the next iteration. Expand
  18. Nov 26, 2011
    Batman Arkham City is the best game of the year, on my mind. I playing this game with very very big pleasure. A I don't like that DirectX 11 working very bad. Wait the patch. But I think that Arkham City is better than Arkham Asylum: new interesting story, many famous persons of DC Comics, new gameplay elements and many many others. It is ideal game about Batman.
  19. Dec 13, 2011
    This is how you do a sequel. Rocksteady took Arkham Asylum and amplified everything to the MAX. One of the finest stories I've ever experienced meets the best superhero gameplay conceived to make one of the greatest games I've played in the last decade. AA got a little repetitive and the end boss encounter was too hackneyed whereas not only does AC fix all that, it expands the arena as well as the challenges. Enemies while based on the prototypical thug almost come in more variations than can be handled by one man. Many hoods come with their own weaponry or else can pick them up when dropped. Each weapon or gadget in use alters the class of the enemy and beating each requires the use of independent solutions. So it gets very interesting when they come at you all at once. Batman has more gadgets than I could dish out and yet you have to use all of them at various points to beat the game. It is in this shifting dynamic during both hand to hand combat and predator gameplay that the game achieves true brilliance. The catwoman segment was interesting while Riddler's puzzles are now more like minigames in their own right and he's not the only villain dogging your footsteps. Every character in this is hugely memorable and the story does not let up one bit, right down to the cataclysmic climax.

No major technical issues to report. The game chugged at DX11 for me so I stuck to DX9. Authentication was ok but GFW does not agree with my firewall so the game required a prelaunch prep. I really can't think of a flaw to speak of, except that I may not replay the game at the higher difficulty unlocked mode because I don't think my wrists can handle the strain. Buy this game, it's getting seriously underrated here. 9.5/10
  20. Dec 3, 2011
    Truly, I haven't experienced any signs of the game being a "sloppy port" whatsoever - I was surprised to read some of the negative reviews based solely on that fact.

The game is insanely good - beautiful world of Arkham City, lots of things to do, nice story with lots of side missions. Definitely a game of the year for me.
  21. Nov 27, 2011
    I dont know why are some people acting so crazy cause this is a fantastic game.This deserves a 10.dont listen to the haters.You just need a decent Gpu to run it.It ran fine with my ati hd5850 and with dx11 and no lag at all.Plz dont judge this game without playing it properly.
  22. Nov 27, 2011
    The Game for PC is simply the must yes some texture issues but they gone after few minuets of game time most of my games will be resting till i finish this game several times it seems
  23. Nov 27, 2011
    ok people stop pushing it down this game is awesome play in dx9 yes i do have dx11 so i suffered every problem you guys had but at the end of the day in dx9 its still way better performing and looking than ps3 or 360 here is and idea play on normal first then move to hard when dx11 patch comes out and do all the side missions last
  24. Dec 2, 2011
    This game it´s an incredible experience; with Arkham Asylum, the best games of batman. This version of the game don´t deserve the ridiculous note of zero, if anyone can´t play it ´cause of the DX11 issues just wait for the patch.
  25. Nov 27, 2011
    Overall superb game, Rocksteady has again done a great Batman game worthy of great praise. Although some are frustrated at the game from a technical perspective, it still doesn't distract from one of the best games of the year if not the best.
  26. Dec 2, 2011
    Game is fantastic, like the previous Batman: Arkham Asylum the gameplay and storyline is engrossing. I found this a little more challenging than Arkham Asylum and has more replayability, which is a good thing. I found it harder and harder to peel myself away from the game wanting to discover the rest of the story. The game has a few bugs that need ironed out, mainly graphical, but all in all a job well done. Expand
  27. Mar 10, 2013
    I did not actually want to play this game. I kept seeing excellent reviews for it until I finally cracked and had to try it out. As a 28 year old with an "uncomfort" towards men in tights, I never really had a desire to play a batman game. However, this game blew me away. The attention to detail and amazing polished city made me completely immersed in the role of batman. By the time I finished this game my greatest complaint was that I still wanted more. It has been an extremely long time since I played a game until the end and was upset it was over.
    This game was done right. ANY gamer can appreciate its amazing world, writing, and game-play.
  28. Nov 28, 2011
    Don't pay any attention to the dribbling morons giving it a 0. This is a superb game. It is true that currently DX11 causes huge stuttering all over the place but just run it in DX9 and it runs beautifully. It will be patched very quickly as the devs are aware of the problem. The game looks a country mile better than the console version even in DX9. Plays excellently with a gamepad which is supported. I've been using the 3D Vision set up which is just wonderful, makes it so much more immersive. Don't waste your time reading this, just go buy it. Expand
  29. Dec 21, 2011
    This game deserves way more respect than these whiny "PC Gamers" cmon really? a 0 just cause it didnt work on your computers? I played the game all the way through dx11 on high no problem no crash to desktop or nothing. I am now doing a second run on eyefinity as i dont have the hardware to run full DX11 on eyefinity and so far its amazing. The game is VERY fun to play i haven't gotten this hooked on a game in a long time its content is well worth the 49.99 price tag story itself can be beaten in a matter of hours but does offer plenty of side missions aswell as puzzles that surely extend the replay value. I haven't had a chance to get the DLC but im sure its just as fun. So PLEASE dont listen to all these whiny "PC Gamers" go get this game you wont regret it one bit. Expand
  30. KON
    Dec 1, 2011
    This game deserves more respect than usually. Although the PC release was a bit later but I'm sure there is a reason for this push. In this month, BF3, MW3 and Skyrim were all released in this highly populated month. Find something else to do except pickering on when Arkham City comes out. This game is definitely better than the first one because of the vast storyline and more villains to own. Although DX11 is pretty messed up right now, I'm sure they would patch it up sooner or later. This game is actually pretty fun for the free-roam but still, this game is definitely not worth the full points. This is as kind as I can be. Expand
  31. Dec 3, 2011
    I literally have no idea what is going on with people, but I run this game fine on my LAPTOP at high-medium settings and have never had ANY issues except for 2 crashes over 30 hours. No bugs, issues or ANYTHING on my end which may not be indicative of their experience, but they have to be doing SOMETHING wrong to have so many issues.

DRM? Yeah it's completely stupid to have 3 layers of
    it, but the scores should be about the quality of the game and not the services surrounding it. Speaking as a Batman fan since childhood (again), this game is fantastic and trumps the previous outing by rocksteady in all areas. It really delivers the Batman experience and treats fans and newcomers alike. Massive amounts of content and fantastic turned up to 11 quality all over it. It's not particularly difficult and failure isn't even an option most of the time, but it's the experience of the game and being THE BATMAN that is amazing. You'll spend hours in the campaign before beating it and starting an even harder NG+ and then go to the challenge maps for extra action.

If you came into this game looking for some deep skillful challenge then I'm sorry you were disappointed, but if you came for an amazingly fun title and being THE BATMAN then you will be pleased and enjoy yourself.

I'm no professional reviewer and you should take my words with a grain of salt, but don't listen to these reviews focused on bugs or DRM and if that bothers you then pick up a console copy.
  32. Dec 19, 2011
    I previously rated this game pretty bad, but the update changed my mind. There surely are still issues and I can run this game now on maximum settings and the plot stopping bugs have been resolved. However and this especially leaves a bitter taste: All my savefiles were corrupted from updating this game. I think it's fair to give this game 8/10 points for the troubles we've experienced since release. This game is now playable and worth getting. Expand
  33. Nov 29, 2011
    Wow alot of hate over broken dx 11. Yes its broke, but that doesnt mean the game sucks.

Dx9 runs perfect, even with physx on high and I only have slightly overclocked gtx 470. Seriously, the physx runs perfect on high with only 1 gpu and its looks great, so quit whinning so hard. They will eventually fix Dx11 effects. It probably wont be more than 2 months.

Ive turned on dx11 effects
    including high tesselation, and I get 25 fps average with benchmark with lots of stuttering.Truth is they dont add that much anyway, so why are are giving the game 0's. The game was only delayed 6 weeks and youre acting like it was 6 months. You should be greatful this game is released on pc as quick as it was with plently of configuration options, including a fully editable configuration ini since game is unreal engine 3. So one part of game doesnt work, so youre score goes from 10 to 0. Its not rocksteady fault you spent 2000 dollars on graphics cards nor is it their obligations to program a game that takes full advantage of that hardware flawlessly.

I mean come on, can you seriouly say you have seen a better looking Unreal Engine 3 game. This game might be the best video game ever made, and playing maxed out in dx9 with high physx and high AA along with triple 2560x1440 res isnt good enough looking so the game gets a 0?

You people really need to evaluate your lives and gain some perspective. Ive been playing games since Zelda 1 and Mario 1 were released, and Im fairly sure Im playing the best game ever made when I fire up the PC version of Arkham City.

It runs flawlessly with ZERO STUTTERING OR FRAMERATE ISSUES, as long as I turn off Dx 11. The only loss is yours if you dont play this game cause you're having a temper tantrum.

Better than Deus Ex, Better than Half Life, Better than Ultima Underworld, Better than Super Metroid, Better than any Zelda game,better than any Mario game, Arkham City is the best game ever made.

That said I kinda wish they had brough back Arleen Sorkin even though Im a brony, still easily 11/10
  34. Nov 29, 2011
    Yeaahh it's Great game,,..the best superhero video game ever made,It's the GOTY candidate alngside with Uncharted 3 n Skyrim..,and why they give it score 0??? just DX 11 problem??? no ..they're just some crap haters....Go F*** urself haters!!!!!!!!!!....there a lot things to do, challenges,Riddlles,so many improvements,great graphic, lot of fans service,and also Catwoman already included in this PC version..yeaahhh..the only thing that I dissapointed is just the SuckeROM.... Expand
  35. Dec 17, 2011
    Great game, I ran the game no problem, didn't run into any bugs. I did use the wireless 360 controller with it, didn't try out the mouse and keyboard. I've no idea what everyone else is talking about with the bugs and the game running **** I think they just need a new rig lol
  36. Dec 6, 2011
    Excellent game, the pc version is truly great no signs of a port and im quite use to seeing such crappy ports from so many other companies. Have not had a single crash since i got it.
  37. Nov 28, 2011
    While this game cannot surpass the glory that was Arkham Asylum, they give it their best shot, and come close, only falling short by a small bit here and there. If you loved Asylum for the combat, let me just say, you are all set, buy it now, that aspect is just as good and then a bit better. While the addition of being in an entire city was nice, the city layout was horrendous. I love having more area to explore, but the fact the entire city makes a giant U shape makes travel across it an immense pain. Of the returning villains, the Riddler fell flat on his face. The game practically solves what very few riddles there are for you, and tried to make up for it by just spewing trophies all over the map, which is a complete shame. The new villains are done well, even if they are short lived. But all in all Arkham City is a good game, and a worthy predecessor to Arkham Asylum. Expand
  38. Dec 1, 2011
    This is a great game. I recommend it.

Story:
    I believe the main story line mission was around 10 hours long so that felt kind of short, but there are PLENTY of other things to do (side-missions, collecting Riddler trophies, new game +, challenges) that will keep you busy for a lot longer than that. I felt the characters were done really well and the game's atmosphere was pretty
    immersive.

Gameplay:
    If you enjoyed Batman: Arkham Asylum, then I recommend you get this game. It had improved combat mechanics, such as new moves, new gadgets, and new types of enemies, giving it a whole new level of entertainment when compared to the original. Sure, the gameplay can get repetitive....but the combat is entertaining enough that you probably won't mind. The original key-bindings were a little screwed up for my style so I had to change them but I didn't notice anything wrong with respect to controls. I really enjoyed the new style of the Riddler puzzles. I've gotten all of them now, but some of them took me a little while to figure out, hah.

Graphics:
    The graphics looked amazing when ran at high specs with dx11 disabled. I did not have any problems with lag or stuttering, however I did crash once or twice. If you are actually looking to run this game with dx11, I would recommend you wait for the patch because I could not get an enjoyable framerate with dx11 enabled.

@Matthew_Hayward .... I went out of my way, made an account and posted on here simply because I felt the need to call you a moron, as obvious as it is to everybody else. Just letting you know, j***ass, that you can't possibly beat the game in 10 minutes. No idea what you were trying to achieve coming on here and posting that useless crap you call a review. People like you (morons) need to stop coming on here to rage instead of reviewing because it doesn't help the people who are trying to gather information to decide whether they would enjoy this game or not if they bought it.
  39. Dec 2, 2011
    This game is just PERFECT. The gameplay is just AWESOME. Now, Batman can be played in an open world scene which is very enjoyable. which can't be done in Arkham Asylum. Although there is some issues with dx11, but it's fixed now with the new update 1.1, check it out guys. I can't even rate this game a 9. It just deserve a 10.
  40. Dec 3, 2011
    An excellent game, but not the masterpiece that Asylum was. The plot is very well executed and fun, but has some holes that bug me. The combat system seems like a natural extension of Asylum, and is still excellent. The free-roaming aspect is OK, but the gliding/diving system is hard to control; the advanced AR exercises and some of the Riddler puzzles are all about exiting a power dive into level flight (rather than a slight climb), which is a lot harder than it ought to be due to the over-the-shoulder perspective. I like the system of interrogating inmates to learn about Riddler's secrets.

It sounds like other people have had worse technical issues than I have. With my 4-year-old computer (Intel E6850/Radeon HD 3850 256MB) the default settings were completely unplayable, taking several seconds between frames. After I turned down the detail level to low and resolution to 1024x768, it runs fine.
  41. Dec 4, 2011
    Great game! can't believe people voting this a 0, but I guess there are haters everywhere. Yes the game was a month late, yes DX11 features will slow down your game, when it should, in fact, speed it up, yes there is SecuRom, and yes its on GWFL. However, none of that really matters, a month later? Who fricking cares, yes I had some of it spoiled, but I should have kept away from the batman forums Expand
  42. Dec 21, 2011
    Low score for techical problens is ridiculous.. this score is for the game... and the game is very good! Over the console version, this runs in FullHD, best textures, PhysX and DX11 set the PC version ona leval above others versions.
  43. May 22, 2012
    Absolutely amazing, that says it all! One of the best games I've ever played, and I've been gaming for 25 years. The story, the graphics, the gameplay, the combat and the incredible attention to detail all add up to an experience that nobody should miss out on. I put in probably 100 hours playing through the game twice, doing every side mission, and collecting every trophy in the game, and never experienced a single bug or crash. So all the folks giving this game poor ratings because they've had issues need to check their computers. Expand
  44. Dec 5, 2011
    Finally got my hands on this title via my GTX 560TI purchase. First thing I did was read the reviews to prepare myself for what comes next. Single player games are typically not my forte', aside from Bioware games for the most part. With that out of the way let me say this.... Batman AC is a spectacular game. It has an awesome cinematic story coupled with an open world feel that lets the player spread their wings a bit to tackle available content on their own terms. Aside from folks complaining about technical issues (I haven't had any, but to each his own) I cant for the life of me figure out what someone looking for a great Batman game would not enjoy about this title. It is stunning visually, exciting mechanically with an engaging narrative. It has a dark tone which I love and expect from a Batman tale that really draws you into the world. I'm not sure what the developer promised that the naysayers were expecting, but I'm finding it hard to identify faults in this stellar game. It is simply put, way fun!

If you're looking for a great single player game, with top notch cinematic storytelling, character progression, exploration and oh yeah, you're a DC fan..... give this game a go, you wont be disappointed. I'm so thankful I didn't miss the bus on Batman: Arkham City, neither will you.
  45. Feb 17, 2012
    I think better game than Arkham Asylum. I don't have any bug's or something with DX11/ I will tell you: Fight mechanik is the best i've ever seen! Great job
  46. Dec 4, 2011
    GOTY 100%
    Nice game, made me a fan Batman. Good graphics and optimization, Went through the whole, not finding a single bug, the plot is very interesting.
  47. Feb 16, 2012
    This game is fantastic. The combat is effortlessly enjoyable, and Catwoman provides a nice change of pace. The main story has some ingenious puzzle elements using Batman's gadgets, and the overall fidelity of the environment is at times, stunning. Here are the few foibles made to this otherwise excellent game...some scripted instant kills that seem cheap...a boss battle here and there that are confusing and lack any degree of sense (Mister Freeze)...generic 'gamey' backtracking for very little reward (A certain 'helicopter' segment)...

I played through in a fairly quick fashion, sticking mainly to the main quest line. I would recommend treating the idiotic riddler collectibles like white noise. They are simply constructs to take up game time that could otherwise be kickin' some thug ass...which is why this game still gets a 9.
  48. Dec 23, 2012
    Batman Arkham City is the first high graphics game i played after i bought a new laptop and the graphics delighted me........ I had a small problem of a cut seen which got solved when i checked the internet........
  49. May 18, 2012
    This is a really good game. I loved Arkham Asylum and was somewhat suspicious about whether the sequel would be able to put in enough new features to make it a worthy sequel. Fortunately I had no reason to worry because this is another perfect example of taking the really good parts from the first game and innovate on this; the open world, more upgrades, several compelling stories (although the premise of a city dedicated to contain the most violent and horrible criminals does seem a bit silly). All this plus a really surprising ending made this game one of my top 10 all-time favorite games.

And precisely because of this I feel I have to address something I would never otherwise do in a review. A lot of these reviews have been positive and some of them have also been negative, mostly centering around technical issues and bugs which I completely understand. I haven't encountered any serious bugs or glitches in this game but I can perfectly relate to having bought a game only to learn that it is full of bugs and crashes, making it completely unplayable - it hurts even more when you have high expectations and the price is high. But giving this game a 0 is just downright lazy. Think about all the games you have ever seen or played in your entire life and then look at the rating scale from 0-10. I would like to see 0 and 10 as the absolute worst/best games I have ever played and I will reserve those scores when they are appropriate and trust me there are a lot of games out there that are far more worse than batman Arkham City.
  50. Mar 18, 2012
    How long have i waited for this game, Batman Arkham City is the first game which i didn't had any doubt that i will pre order it, and i can tell you this Batman Arkham City is better than the great Batman Arkham Asylum.
    you can see improvements in about everything that Batman Arkham Asylum delivers. This game is a Must buy and in my opinion Batman Arkham City is the Game of the Year of
    2011. At any rate what are you doing here ? Go Now Buy IT !!! Expand
  51. Mar 2, 2012
    I experienced the very same technical issues as all of you had. Worse - even. Since the game negatively scales when running dx11 and AMD crossfire. However slapping an extremely low score on this game due to the poorly implemented dx11 mode - would be reasonable if that meant you where unable to play the game smoothly . Direct x 9 mode runs flawlessly, and runs incredibly well. So even people without the exact hardware needed to run dx11 mode - are still able to play this game at a vastly better visual standard than everyone else. The game itself is incredible, one of the best of 2011. Arkham asylum was already a great game with a great combat system, it was structured almost like an oldschool metroid game. With progression tied to gadgets. This game opens up, and gives you a hubworld, it still has that metroid structure - it just combines it with elements of open world games. And this combination is so great it's intoxicating. Every single piece of this game is individually fantastic, now tie them all together. And you have a game that is truly worth the asking price. And then some. Involving plot. Check. Open world. Check. Enjoyable gameplay. Check. Variety. Check. Poetically mindblowing visuals. Check. 9/10?. Check. Expand
  52. Mar 16, 2012
    If you want to complain about SecuRom and a delayed release date, do it on the Rocksteady forums. We're supposed to be reviewing THE GAME. Bottom line is, if you liked AA then you'll love AC. The addition of Catwoman, improved free-flow combat, a bigger world to explore, and the ability to grapple while gliding make Batman: AC an improvement over its predecessor in every way. Easily a top 5 game of 2011. Expand
  53. Dec 27, 2011
    This game rocks, just about everything about arkham Asylum has improved, the graphics are stunning in Dx11 ultra, bigger playing area, tighter control system, more enemies and unlocks...I don't understand the problems people are having, works perfectly on Dx11 maxed out on mine, not come across any game killing problems at all, maybe the people with negative comments dont know how to config a PC properly or just have rubbish PCs. Expand
  54. May 7, 2012
    One of my favorites; the best ive played in years. Full of rich storylines and areas to explore. Level up
    system enables new weapons and abilities to keep the fun alive even when into the game for 30
    hours. Plus you get to layout the keyboard the way you want it. A feature I dont want to do without.
    Try it; you will love it!
  55. May 7, 2012
    Wow. Here I thought that Batman Arkham Asylum couldn't be topped. Arkham City proved me wrong and more than I thought.

OK, so there's the aesthetics: beautifully rendered, designed, laid out, composed - whatever you want to call it - it's simply stunning. The costumes and character designs are vivid and imaginative (Catowman = :^O). The locales, architecture and mapping is
    magnificent. I truly felt like I was in Arkham City the whole time.

Sound: Brilliant. Crisp, reactive and vibrant. The environmental sounds are realistic, the gadgets and weapons are full and quick and the voice-over work - well - there is no other game with such impressive performances as this. Again, Mark Hammill just explodes here with some incredible dialogue and talent. Kevin Conroy, as always is the perfect voice for Batman. All the other characters, including the thugs, are just fantastic. Story: The greatest story ever told in a video game. It's elaborate, imaginative, exciting and entertaining in every respect. Paul Dini and company have written a masterpiece.

Gameplay: Fluid and simple. Granted, at first, I didn't get it quick enough, but once you get used to the controls it's very easy to play. The fighting system is just amazing with it's one-on-one (or more) tactics and the use of quick-fire gadgets make it direct. The array of gadgets is creative and diverse and they all can be used against enemies as well as the environment. The Riddler challenges and other challenges are just that: challenging: Most aren't but there are a considerable amount of them that are not easy to find or reach. Playing Catwoman is just as fun but limited since she doesn't have as many gadgets or armor. The combat combos are clever and aren't as easy as one would think to implement which gives the game more of a challenge.

Replay value is excellent with the separate combat challenges for Batman and Catwoman out fo the story arc. The extras like concept art and character trophies are gorgeous. There's also the back stories for all the characters that can be read in game as well as the audio files for their sessions in Arkham with Prof. Strange and the audio messages left for Batman.

It's all the detail, devotion and attention to the story gameplay that make this such an incredible experience. There are no issues visually but my game did crash a few times, so aside from that there are no programming problems on my end. My PC had no problems running the game at all the highest settings with DX11.

This folks, is a true masterpiece. Batman Arkham City is a triumph.
  56. Apr 6, 2012
    I'm giving this game a 10. It's not much different from the previous game, Arkham Asylum, but it is still a great game. Given that it is very similar to Arkham Asylum, I'm not sure it was worth the full $80, but I'm not regretting it anyway. Great graphics, smooth gameplay, well-designed. The DX11 sucks, and even with a core i7 cpu & and GTX470 it still stutters occasionally. Some people are complaining that it's not finished, but I've not had an issue with it yet (they did recently patch it), but even last year it was fine.
    CONS: Games For Windows Live (GFWL), the most useless crud invented for PC; DX11 support blows (might have been fixed via the patch); graphics stutter occasionally.
    PROS: Great graphics, smooth gameplay, decent story, lots to do.
  57. May 19, 2012
    Well...I'm lost for words really. This is a true shining example of how to create a sequel. The improvements on Arkham Asylum are almost infinite, and while Arkham Asylum is definitely a good game on its own merits, it looks silly compared to this. The amount of time it takes to get 100% complete on Arkham Asylum is only a mater of hours. On Arkham City, it will take days of playtime to fully explore and complete just the campaign, let alone the vast challenge modes. Not only has Arkham City added quantity, but greatly improved the quality of the content too. You get a very well-designed city which is much larger than Arkham Asylum- and a lot more interesting too. There are a load of side missions too which were missing from Arkham Asylum. From minute details to major improvements in level design, story-telling and the additional elements to both the combat system and stealth, Arkham City is more than just Arkham Asylum with a bigger map. It's not just the sheer content here- which, by the way, is EASILY double that of Grand Theft Auto IV excluding challenge modes- but also the way it's been implemented. Every single addition and tweak to virtually all elements of the game have made it far superior to Arkham Asylum which in itslef was already a well-designed game. The result is one of the best open-world action games of this generation. Arkham City is a mixture of Arkham Asylum, Assassin's Creed, GTA IV and some of its own creativity. The boss fights, for instance, are so much more varied and really show that the game's full potential has been used. The characters are nicely done and unique, not to mention that there are so many of them. The combat is brutal, satisfying, skillful and with the addition of new gadgets and enemy counter-measures - greatly varied too. The pacing and mix between stealth and mass brawling is perfectly done and satisfying every time. The game never feels repetitive or boring because of the variety in gameplay. The RPG element of being rewarded for skillful combat (through variation and combo bonuses) also help to keep your interest by allowing you to unlock new gadgets and gear. No open-world game today has a better combat system. No open-world game has better boss fights. That's the thing about Arkham City- it's a sandbox game, whereas Arkham Asylum was a short Action game. My criticisms of this game are in the story and characters, because the two don't seem to connect very well. It's not a story-driven game and doesn't feel engaging or particularly interesting until the very end. However, facial details, motion capture and lip-syncing are of Hollywood standard in some cutscenes. The game isn't particulalry challenging on Hard difficulty either; although this is remedied by the New Game plus mode which is unclocked at the end of the game which is essentially a "Hardcore" version of the campaign. The only real let-down for this game is its astronomical failure of implementing DX11 features. Even if you can get very high framerates with everything maxxed, turning DX11 features on in the slightest will lead to a slideshow. That said, the game is already very impressive graphically even in DX9, and although PhysX is quite demanding in this game, the framerate issues don't occur regualarly enough or last long enough to cause any problems. All in all then, what we have here isn't a beat-em-up game with free roam. Batman Arkham City represents the height of game design for open-world action games. The lack of multiplayer is made up for by the endless, varied, addicting and satisfying challenge modes. Aside from the poor implementation of DX11 and some framerate issues, this is a game which is very difficult to dislike or at least criticise. Arkham City oozes quality in virtually all aspects and is one of the easiest games to recommend to any type of gamer. There's something for everyone here. Expand
  58. Jan 22, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "spoiler alert"
    Batman: do you want to know something funny? even after what you've dome, i'd have saved you.
    Joker: that actually is.... pretty funny.

the endurance of such magnitude is practically un-achievable and therefore, is pretty funny. my Batman arkham city's review:
    sound-9 - it is amazing that rocksteady has almost made it feel like a real city with real people dwelling in it. the dialogues from in-mates, the ambiance, ...everything seems as if happening around you. the dialogues in the game may not be the most memorable but then games strong fidelity to comics justifies the way they are written and delivered.
    Graphics-8 - amazing in dx11 and with everything on high (i had tessellation normal and AA off but still you'd be blown away). but dx11 really puts pressure on even the best gpu's so at present you'll definitely need multi-gpu setups to play on high resolutions and with settings i mentioned and then to the best you may get is 50-60 FPS but i've seen the game looks awesome in dx9 and lower resolution too which will give you more FPS. as for the artistic aspect, arkham city, like i've said before, is like any other another city you're in and yet it has enough unique gotham landmarks and a creepy grim nature to it to identify it as a part of gotham.
    Gameplay-10 - WOW! i've been in batman's mind if not his body atleast. the game is strictly to be played on hard for the regular gamers because only on this difficulty you've to work your mind to plan a strategy when approaching any situation. n if you don't use bat gadgets in the fight then man you're so getting your a**-kicked. the combat looks amazing with never feeling repeated in any way because of varying groups of enemies requiring different combos and gadgets to KO them almost everytime. boss fights also are enough stressing to get your palms sweating when mashing the buttons. n if you still find this easy enough or not satisfied with it there lies story+ mode ahead which takes away hints n counter indications.
    Setting and presentation-9 - the story develops and unfolds consistently and well in a manner enough to keep you interested throughout. the characters especially villains used were also designed and voiced in such a way that their personalities totally went alongwith their nature. the only gripe is with the end which is by no means bad or totally disappointing but has been so overwhelmingly presented that it takes your mind away from some of the questions that were left unanswered or it could be very well possible that i still haven't been able to connect all the (so many) dots. then aside from the main story, devs did a great job with side-missions and riddler trophies and secrets. it took me 30 hours or something to finish 60% of game with story being 100%. if you plan to follow main story only then game is about 10-11 hours but the side missions and solving riddler challenges are so fun n intelligent that it easily kept me deviating from my main objectives. and hence throw in another 25-30 hours of that and you almost get an RPG with emphasis on exploration. this is more than you can ask for a game that has been labeled action/adventure only.

conclusion-9 i'm giving this incredible piece of art and creativity 9 because of some technical issues and some issues with the story that maybe i've but i think few others might too especially with the end and some obvious questions that were left unanswered as said before. otherwise, if there's one thing that this game lets you know about batman then that is that batman's strength has never been his gadgets or the money that allows him to get them or his martial arts which he learnt at places having sub-zero degree environments ...they only help him on the way to reach his goal ...but his real strength lies in his persistence.... persistence to uphold his firm (idealistic) belief that justice is not a personal matter driven by revenge and justified by one's loss but it's a matter of being fair, driven by the goal to stop and punish the criminal for his wrong-doings only and justified by his repentance for his actions and redemption, if possible...... it is this ideal, his firm belief in it and persistence to uphold it that makes batman someone, something else entirely......
  59. Mar 21, 2012
    This game is really fun. The graphics are good and for once the Unreal Engine has impressed me.
    Gameplay is the best. Killing someone from behind and then grappling above and use detective vision to see the enemies rush around looking for you, physics disturb me a bit, I admit that if you kill someone on stairs it screws up and the ragdoll gets stuck. Sounds and storyline are well done.

Thanks to this game I am now a batman fan!
  60. Feb 5, 2012
    game of the year, easily the best game from 2011 and much better then Skyrim or COD 10/10 batman arkham asylum was epic
    this is EPICNESS to the maximum
  61. Jan 28, 2012
    It really pisses me off that the reason people give this game a 0 because of a SHORT 5 WEEK DELAY and because its buggy if its such a problem go to friends house and play it on a console if you have to.
  62. Dec 21, 2011
    Probably better on console, but seeing as I don't have a console, that point is somewhat moot. DX11 made the game completely unplayable at launch, but the problem is now patched. Right now, my Core i5 + GTX570 get playable framerates with DX11 with normal tessellation and normal Physx or DX11 off and high Physx. The controls are obviously console derived, but the combo takedowns are now mapped to one button (r/t/y) rather than the awkward SHIFT/CONTROL+left/middle/right scheme used in Arkham Asylum. If you can get past its deficiencies on the platform, the story, characters, and gameplay are very good and addictive as hell: I've logged almost 80 hours thus far. In few months, you will probably be able to get it almost as cheap as a second hand console game on Steam and be able to play as Catwomen to boot. That's not a bad deal for one of the best games of 2011.

And for God's sake, stop complaining about console ports. Even Crysis 2 made 85% of it money on consoles, and that had to be one of the most anticipated PC releases of 2011. Skyrim set records on Steam with around 300K people playing at once, but sold something like 3.4 million overall on PC and consoles; again, even for PC stalwarts like action RPGs, revenue from the platform just can't compete with consoles. Frankly, I'm glad companies even bother porting as many games to PC as they do. Moral of the story: if it looks like they hardly spent any money on the PC port, it's because that's probably how much it's going to make.
    Now we get to the part of the rant where I throw out half-assed theories as to what pushed PC gaming down the toilet.
    1. Computers are cheap. Margins are low for just about every company except a certain fruit themed outfit with which you may be familiar. Discrete graphics chips are expensive. Many people will never use their machine for anything more intensive then HD video playback (which integrated graphics do pretty well now), and most probably don't even use it for that. Most people just want a machine for internet and office work, and they want it for less than $500. You can't make a machine with discrete graphics marketable to most people. They really don't know what it is, and if they did, they probably wouldn't think it justified the cost.
    2. Hardware is specialized. In 1996, you could run Quake or Duke Nukem 3D on just about any reasonably current PC â
  63. Dec 24, 2011
    After playing this game for half an hour, you can not tear myself away from it ...
  64. Dec 24, 2011
    Best batman game I've ever played hands down. You guys complain about bugs, but I've played through the game 3 times now flawlessly on max settings, so get a better pc before you guys **** Anyways I digress. The wait was worth it for me even if the console version came out a month prior because this game is so gorgeous. Just because this has Securom and GFWL and Steamworks doesn't mean **** really as long as it is playable, which it is. Right off the bat you are immersed into game and **** goes down quickly. The story is so well told and when you solve all the riddles you find out about the back story of how **** transpired between the asylum to the city. My only concern is they have kind of written themselves into a dead-end, I just hope that when/if the next batman title comes out that it will be at least half as good as this masterpiece. Expand
  65. Dec 26, 2011
    One of the best game i have played.I dont love Batman game a lot but after playing Arkham City....it changed my mind.Awesome Cut scene..good story background..in one word AWESOME..
  66. Jan 4, 2012
    Great story, great graphics, great improvements from the last game, great voice acting, great side quests, great tribute to the Batman mythos... I could almost hear it all going down the drain with the random save game deleting. Why?
  67. Jan 30, 2012
    This game is a ten, but due to direct x 11 problems and DLC being a pain in the @ss to install thanks to GFWL it doesn't get that. So far in the game it is just as good as the predecessor if not better. There is more to do. In the challenges you can play as Catwoman, Robin, and Nightwing (with the DLC, of course). Get it, screw the console version, the loading times are surely much better on a PC, as well as graphics, and you can still use the 360 gamepad. Expand
  68. Jan 20, 2012
    In the end we got a great continuation of a great game. The game looks good enough for 2011 and, accordingly, as well and played. Those who have not played in the first part, can not understand what this is all about and what's involved. And for those who played, simply say: - "It's all the same, only bigger, better, more interesting and longer times in two." One can safely say that this is the best game about a superhero, and one of the best (maybe best) games this year. Certainly play it at times more interesting to other games in a season. Batman: Arkham City deserves special attention. All necessary to educate! Expand
  69. Feb 6, 2012
    Batman: Arkham City
    I seriously love Batman. The Nolan's movies are great and Rocksteady's games are great too!
    This is seriously the best game of a year 2011, not some **** skyrim **** END!
  70. Feb 25, 2012
    Batman: Arkham City is an unprecedented follower of its predecessor Arkham Asylum. The game moulds itself with an excellent storyline, new abilities of batman with a new character like catwoman as well. The visual scenario of Arkahm City and its narrow roads and buildings make it worth enough to feel like being in a city. The game-play is suitably awesome. Using serial combos of batman and unlocking special attacks in the mid-fight really bear fruit. But, it is true that roaming around the same place quite a few times may annoy the new players. Whatsoever enigmatic puzzles and worth-playing side missions decorate the game really scintillating. Expand
  71. May 24, 2012
    The game itself is not bad. Not bad at all. The parts of the game I can play. I was dumb enough to pay for DLC during a sale on steam. The retarded GFWL will not let me download the DLC that I have paid for. So that would be the last time I pay for a GFWL game ever. Fool me once shame on me, try to fool me again and I hoist my pirate flag!
  72. Jun 17, 2012
    Maybe it's a 9, not a 10, but it's unfair to have a user scor of 7.7. Is a great game, an awesome experience. The city, the music, the dialogues, the characters, the script, you feel that you really are Batman. It feels 500% Batman. Besides the problems with DX11 that the game had in its release (I didn't buy it for PS3 to get the game in PC so I feel really angry when DX11 didn't work), Batman Arkham City is what I call "the game that makes you feel the experience of live in a new world" (it also applies to Red Dead Redemption for example). I really recommend this game and then start to wait for the next one, because the end allows to make a lot of new stories for a next game of the series. And yes, I want more Catwoman, is great to play with her. Expand
  73. TSB
    Jan 2, 2013
    This is my best game of all time . If you like Batman if you like action game with great combo system with many gadget this game will satisfied you for sure . I love every thing about the game it has a really fun gameplay specially if you upgraded every thing , Very good story with historical ending , great act-voicing and sound track , many side missions . The game took me about 50 hours to complete 95% . though it still have some technical issue last time I played it which is annoying but it playable for sure , Batman AC simply will give you almost Perfect Story game experience . Expand
  74. Jan 12, 2013
    A really amazing game on all aspects. Sounds like a fake review but really, I have nothing to criticize on Arkham City. I've had hundreds of hours of fun with it and I just wanted to say it. :)
  75. Oct 7, 2012
    I can sum this game up in one word:

WOW!

Pros: you name it - graphics, story, controls, characters....all of it.
    Cons: I couldn't think of any.
  76. Feb 1, 2013
    This game is absolute masterpiece, with its awesome voice acting, storyline and missions. Pretty much continues where the last game left and does a great job in it. If you haven't bought this game already, go and buy it because its worth its money in every aspect.
  77. Dec 6, 2012
    The Greatest Batman Experience Ever. Becoming The Dark Knight himself has never been so easy and so satisfying as it has been in Rocksteady's Batman Game series. both Asylum and City are Phenomenal.
  78. Dec 27, 2012
    A tremendous game. The combat has improved in every way from the original, the storyline is less linear, the world is much more open, and you get to play as different characters. In every way this is one of the best games I have ever played. It is a perfect blend of stealth, puzzles, brawling, exploring, and using one's brain. The graphics are very good and the game plays well on my mediocre rig even on max, which is excellent. The voice acting is truly exceptional, with Mark Hamill returning as Joker. The only personal complaint I have is that Games for Windows Live deleted my save data when I was 70 hours in or so, which was very frustrating. Other than that, though, this is an exemplary game. Expand
  79. Dec 27, 2012
    Absolutely perfect! A game like this have big chances to disappoint the fans because of the big success of the predecessor. But Arkham City is just incredible. The developers took the best of the first game and evolved the other aspects like the gameplay to make a perfect game. The story is brilliantly written and the gameplay is really good. The Riddler received more spotlights in this game, and didn't disappoint. The possibility of switch characters too Catwoman was a great ideia, because it brings more time to develop the game without being boring. Is just great to switch characters with Robin and Nightwing in the Riddler's Revenge too. A great game in all aspects and with no big errors. Expand
  80. Jan 7, 2012
    From what I've played so far, (I have to admit, I have not yet beaten the game), this is hands down the game of the year for me... I loved arkham assylum, and this game took everything that made arkham assylum epic, and made it about 10 times better. Most games I buy at full retail price these days usually leave me feeling robbed, but I definitly feel I got my money's worth with this epic title!

The average user score for this game at the minute is 7.6 which astounds me.... I understand that maybe the game wasnt released fully stable and I guess the devs only have themselves to blame for that one really.... But I'm going to give it a 10 to make up for this unfair score, because as the game stands in all it's glory now, it's as damn close to a 10 as games can get!
  81. Dec 22, 2012
    Simply put this game is GREAT. First, the main story line is tight and well-written and I can safely say it would suck you in for very enjoyable 10 to 12 hours time. Several notable villains in Batman universe made appearance in the main game and I am surprised how well the devs put them together to form such an epic story. Kudos to B:AC's writer! Gameply is pretty much the same as BAA's, but this time you will have a small chunk of Catwoman's story in the main game and also you can use Catwoman to explore the Arkham city. Another major improvement is that there are more fun bat gadgets in this game which allows more variations for gameplay. The game feels much bigger than BAA since it not only had a large city to freely explore but also had a series of side quest lines. That is to say, you will have a lot of stuff to do after beating the main game or test your skills in various ranked or campaign maps. I would give the game a 10 by itself, but this game had a serious problem. I had a computer crash during the game. After the reboot, I found my save file corrupted, then I had to restart the campaign. At last, one miner warning: do not turn dx11 features on if you do not have a high-end computer. Final Verdict: 9/10 Expand
  82. Jan 11, 2012
    Wow! i played Crysis warhead and Crysis2 ,METRO2033, host of other games as well, the batman series is great, for me both batman games were fun as hell, but i have to say you really need a heavy duty rig, play at max setting with physx at high setting , thats the only con for me , really i got my bang for the buck, steam $ 24 , played 50plus hours ,going the second time around with all the weapons is even more fun, SIDE NOTE about physx , if you have two gtx 470 like me , benchmarks will be low using sli , i use one card for physx only , benchmarks will go up, future drivers will address this profile, as they did with metro2033 , also about BM engine, i change the smooth framerate from 62 to 150 fps ,there is two settings,one for steam and batman ,that all for now. Expand
  83. Dec 5, 2011
    The month late and even without the DX 11 features, its the best game out there, has a great selection of batman enemies and allies, has a nice detailed part of Gotham, this is a must have for PC gamers and console gamers too. Now i´m waiting for Batman 3.
  84. Jan 9, 2012
    must say i started playing this game only after the dirextX 11 patch came out so i have no experience with the bugs people are mentioning in their reviews. regardless this is one of the most brilliant games i have ever played! superb story! the combat sequences are even finer than akham asylum!
  85. Feb 12, 2012
    Now this AAA title seriously deserves AAA mark. Open world, sandbox gameplay, fantastic feeling. Many upgrades and exelent graphic and details for an old U3 engine. Yes there are some troubles with DX11, but in dx9 mode its stable and great looking. 10/10
  86. Aug 17, 2012
    I myself did not found any problem in PC version. game play fine with KB. This is one of the finest game in this gen. Batman AC blend Batman's character and balanced gameplay perfectly. Most open world may suffered from shallow gameplay but this game is not, level design is intelligent and progressively reasonable. All part of the game, battle, exploration, platforming and puzzle are all great. Story progressive and presentation are equally great. Expand
  87. Jan 2, 2012
    This is one of the most fun games that I have ever played. I already own Arkham Asylum and I wasn't impressed. Yet, I decided to try one more time, and I was glad that I did. The story line was easier to follow and more detailed; e.g., emphasis on Batman's brooding nature. The weapons were easier to use, and the numerous fights seemed to be more exciting. Best of all, the graphics were unbelievable! I actually had some feelings of vertigo when Batman was walking on posts at the tops of skyscrapers. Overall, I recommend this game highly, even though i prefer shooters. Expand
  88. Aug 2, 2012
    This game is simply AWESOME !
    If you played Arkham Asylym and loved it, you'll be ecstatic with Arkham City, because everything just got better.
    You just can't help feeling totally badass when playing as The Dark Knight, beating up common criminals and the occasional evil mastermind.
    Lots of fighting, lots of gadgets, lots of riddles in a spectacular graphic experience.
    Once you get
    going, it's hard to put down.

And they even made Batman's sidekick Robin somewhat badass - not the typical gay whimp we're used to from early comics, movies and TV series.
    You can play As Batman (of course) and Catwoman, and Robin and Nightwing in a DLC installment. Each with their own special moves and abilities.

You'll be cheating yourself from a great gaming experience by not getting it.
  89. Jan 12, 2012
    Batman: Arkhan City supplies an incredible gaming experience. It is a drastic improvement on its impressive predecessor, Arkham Asylum. The visuals are stunning and the gameplay environment is rich and detailed. Even gamers like myself who have yet to read a single Batman comic will find many hours of enjoyment and dynamic gameplay with this title. It also has very good replay value. Iâ
  90. Aug 19, 2012
    Luxury game. One problem is perfomance: All DirectX11 beauties had to be turned off due to the constant lag. Graphics, atmosphere, combat, storytelling, sound and voice, endless content and insane attention to detail. Rocksteady nailed it. Not being an expert nor fan of Batman universe, I admire the work.
  91. Nov 20, 2012
    Really good game, only drawback is the DRM required to play it. Combat can also get boring unless you do combos. Haven't encountered any glitches, personally.
  92. Oct 3, 2012
    Sin duda alguna el mejor juego de superheroe de todos los tiempos, diversión constante, una jugabilidad impecable y grandes gráficos, aprovechando el buen hardware de un ordenador actual...
  93. Dec 29, 2011
    I purchased the game through Steam and have had no issues with it or the DLC.

An excellent follow up to the great game "Arkham Asylum" that improves upon the original in just about every way. A whole new batch of villains and some old friends make this game a MUST have!
  94. Oct 16, 2013
    How do you make Arkham Asylum even better? How about throw in an open world and even more progression and another, high grade captivating storyline. Just fantastic.
  95. Dec 29, 2011
    I have not had a single bug so far in this game after many hours of play. I had to register for GFWL, but honestly, I'm not bothered about that. It certainly hasn't bothered my gaming experience, which so far has been absolutely amazing. It's really a blast of a game. I can understand why people might be put off by overcompensating anti-piracy tools, but again... I've got the impression it's turned into a bit of a mindless crusade for many people, rather than an actual nuisance. At least I've never had problems with these tools. Expand
  96. Jul 28, 2012
    Greatest. Game. Ever. I picked this up on Steam for 15 dollars and when I was done I felt truly guilty that I underpaid for this masterpiece. I wanted to send Rocksteady Studios more money but settled for buying all of the DLC for it (also on a Steam sale). You will not find a better use for your gaming dollar than this game. I've logged almost 90 hours on it so far and I'm still having fun. It's stuffed to the gills with character upgrades, unlockables, side quests, character skins, and game modes. Literally a love letter to the sandbox genre, Batman: Arkham City learns from the mistakes of GTA IV and others to put together a title that would be worth 120 bucks, easily. A rare game indeed, even if you don't like comic books, or sandbox gaming, or good games in general, you must at least get this at the next Steam sale. I must play some more . . . Expand
  97. Jan 5, 2012
    what i say, the game is really good honestly it's fantastic maybe is the best game of 2011. It's varied of any aspect. Have a action, stealth moment (who like me very much), many gadgets and many different scums who you beat by many ways :D, good story and much much bigger than first game. Play the game you don't regret.
  98. Jan 29, 2013
    Great Game good combat mechanics and just an all round great game you wont be dissapointed, When you start playing you start to develop the full batman persona. You might experience some lag in major fight scenes.
  99. Jan 3, 2012
    A massive improvement on the original Arkham City. This time you have so much more to do and see, but the game hasn't lost the playability and authenticity of the original. I've bought and played several top titles in 2011 and Arkham City was a Xmas present, so it had a lot of competition in my mind. However, I cannot stop playing the game - soundtrack, graphics, atmosphere, challenges, voice-acting - all top-notch. There's just one thing that I personally don't like though - so far I'm half way through the game and there's been no sign of any vehicles to play with. All of the combat so far as been based on stealthy tactics or punch ups. There's pockets of goons absolutely everywhere to have fun with, and there are some good/excellent fun boss fights, but I'd like to see more variety in the combat options, so think that vehicles would be good. Well, maybe I'll find some later on .. Expand
  100. Dec 23, 2011
    It's a phenomenal game. I haven't had any issues with it. I have a smoking new PC and it looks and plays perfectly. The GFWL set up was awful however, but once I uninstalled the Steam-installed version and reinstalled the GFWL components myself it worked fine.

The gameplay, environment, characters, sounds, soundtrack...in short, everything about this game rocks. I actually haven't gamed
    in years and years, but got this free with the NVIDIA GTX570 card, and now I'm sucked into this game. Love it! Expand

Though the ending is surprising, in a way, the story isn't the main focus of Batman: Arkham City. Exploring and adventuring come first, you have so much to do that you that the hours just slip by you. Yes, the boss fights are probably too easy, the narrative too short, the framerate goes down on occasion and not all the players will appreciate searching through every nook and cranny to find trophies. But it's all up to you and Arkham City offers a variety that not a lot of new games have nowadays.
    The developers should be proud for Arkham City and its precise portrayal of Gotham's mood- at least accordingly to recent films and comic books. A gothic atmosphere is undoubtedly dominant, as the majestic architecture of neoclassical buildings shadows the industrialization and the bright lights of a contemporary metropolis.
    It's hard to create an extraordinary game but to recognize it is quite simple. Arkham City with its cinematic appearance towers high above the rest with its production values. [Dec 2011]