8.7

1. Apr 17, 2012
    I personally had no problems with this game. I was pissed off a bit because DX11 just made the game crash but I didn't care. I bought this during the Steam Christmas Sale 2011 and the game ran perfect. The game was fairly long and there is a lot more to do.
  2. Nov 28, 2011
    Greatest comic book to videogame conversion EVER. If you've played Arkham Asylum and you were wondering how it would even be possible to make a better Batman video game given the constraints of today's graphics engines and hardware, well you wouldn't be alone. Somehow, WB have done themselves proud and not only improved the combat mechanics, stealth mechanics and core gameplay mechanics,Greatest comic book to videogame conversion EVER. If you've played Arkham Asylum and you were wondering how it would even be possible to make a better Batman video game given the constraints of today's graphics engines and hardware, well you wouldn't be alone. Somehow, WB have done themselves proud and not only improved the combat mechanics, stealth mechanics and core gameplay mechanics, but they've also come out with a much more thorough and amazing plot. This game has to be experienced. Once I started this game I couldn't stop and had to keep playing for the 20 hrs it took me to finish the main storyline and about half of the side missions (took another 6 hrs to finish all the riddler missions). You will get sucked in. You will become batman. You will laugh, you will cry, you will even begin to question whether Batman is doing the right thing. Simply put, this is the single must play for 2011 probably only losing to the Witcher 2 in required gaming. Sure the GfWL requirement is annoying and the failure to release the game with DX11 in a working condition is slightly annoying, but switching over to DX9 on my 2 yr old hardware ran the game at 1080p with everything at max at 60fps with physx off. Even in dx9 this still had a noticeable bump in visual fidelity vs. Batman:AA and for that I commend WB on the extra work done in polishing the PC version. Also the catwoman extra missions and change in combat mechanics are great and work seamlessly with the storyline. 10/10. Cannot wait for the next iteration. Expand
  3. Sep 3, 2013
    One of my favorite games of all time is even better on PC. The Dx11 stuff is kinda of a bummer, although you can still get good FPS if you get the settings right. Luckily, Nvidia's geforce experience will set the optimal settings for you now, so download that if you haven't.
  4. Jan 7, 2012
    From what I've played so far, (I have to admit, I have not yet beaten the game), this is hands down the game of the year for me... I loved arkham assylum, and this game took everything that made arkham assylum epic, and made it about 10 times better. Most games I buy at full retail price these days usually leave me feeling robbed, but I definitly feel I got my money's worth with this epicFrom what I've played so far, (I have to admit, I have not yet beaten the game), this is hands down the game of the year for me... I loved arkham assylum, and this game took everything that made arkham assylum epic, and made it about 10 times better. Most games I buy at full retail price these days usually leave me feeling robbed, but I definitly feel I got my money's worth with this epic title!

The average user score for this game at the minute is 7.6 which astounds me.... I understand that maybe the game wasnt released fully stable and I guess the devs only have themselves to blame for that one really.... But I'm going to give it a 10 to make up for this unfair score, because as the game stands in all it's glory now, it's as damn close to a 10 as games can get!
  5. Dec 21, 2011
    This game deserves way more respect than these whiny "PC Gamers" cmon really? a 0 just cause it didnt work on your computers? I played the game all the way through dx11 on high no problem no crash to desktop or nothing. I am now doing a second run on eyefinity as i dont have the hardware to run full DX11 on eyefinity and so far its amazing. The game is VERY fun to play i haven't gottenThis game deserves way more respect than these whiny "PC Gamers" cmon really? a 0 just cause it didnt work on your computers? I played the game all the way through dx11 on high no problem no crash to desktop or nothing. I am now doing a second run on eyefinity as i dont have the hardware to run full DX11 on eyefinity and so far its amazing. The game is VERY fun to play i haven't gotten this hooked on a game in a long time its content is well worth the 49.99 price tag story itself can be beaten in a matter of hours but does offer plenty of side missions aswell as puzzles that surely extend the replay value. I haven't had a chance to get the DLC but im sure its just as fun. So PLEASE dont listen to all these whiny "PC Gamers" go get this game you wont regret it one bit. Expand
  6. Jan 11, 2012
    Wow! i played Crysis warhead and Crysis2 ,METRO2033, host of other games as well, the batman series is great, for me both batman games were fun as hell, but i have to say you really need a heavy duty rig, play at max setting with physx at high setting , thats the only con for me , really i got my bang for the buck, steam $ 24 , played 50plus hours ,going the second timeWow! i played Crysis warhead and Crysis2 ,METRO2033, host of other games as well, the batman series is great, for me both batman games were fun as hell, but i have to say you really need a heavy duty rig, play at max setting with physx at high setting , thats the only con for me , really i got my bang for the buck, steam $ 24 , played 50plus hours ,going the second time around with all the weapons is even more fun, SIDE NOTE about physx , if you have two gtx 470 like me , benchmarks will be low using sli , i use one card for physx only , benchmarks will go up, future drivers will address this profile, as they did with metro2033 , also about BM engine, i change the smooth framerate from 62 to 150 fps ,there is two settings,one for steam and batman ,that all for now. Expand
  7. Dec 5, 2011
    The month late and even without the DX 11 features, its the best game out there, has a great selection of batman enemies and allies, has a nice detailed part of Gotham, this is a must have for PC gamers and console gamers too. Now i´m waiting for Batman 3.
  8. Dec 3, 2011
    I literally have no idea what is going on with people, but I run this game fine on my LAPTOP at high-medium settings and have never had ANY issues except for 2 crashes over 30 hours. No bugs, issues or ANYTHING on my end which may not be indicative of their experience, but they have to be doing SOMETHING wrong to have so many issues.

DRM? Yeah it's completely stupid to have 3 layers of

DRM? Yeah it's completely stupid to have 3 layers of it, but the scores should be about the quality of the game and not the services surrounding it. Speaking as a Batman fan since childhood (again), this game is fantastic and trumps the previous outing by rocksteady in all areas. It really delivers the Batman experience and treats fans and newcomers alike. Massive amounts of content and fantastic turned up to 11 quality all over it. It's not particularly difficult and failure isn't even an option most of the time, but it's the experience of the game and being THE BATMAN that is amazing. You'll spend hours in the campaign before beating it and starting an even harder NG+ and then go to the challenge maps for extra action.

If you came into this game looking for some deep skillful challenge then I'm sorry you were disappointed, but if you came for an amazingly fun title and being THE BATMAN then you will be pleased and enjoy yourself.

I'm no professional reviewer and you should take my words with a grain of salt, but don't listen to these reviews focused on bugs or DRM and if that bothers you then pick up a console copy.
  9. Mar 18, 2012
    How long have i waited for this game, Batman Arkham City is the first game which i didn't had any doubt that i will pre order it, and i can tell you this Batman Arkham City is better than the great Batman Arkham Asylum.
    you can see improvements in about everything that Batman Arkham Asylum delivers. This game is a Must buy and in my opinion Batman Arkham City is the Game of the Year of 2011. At any rate what are you doing here ? Go Now Buy IT !!!
  10. Jan 9, 2012
    must say i started playing this game only after the dirextX 11 patch came out so i have no experience with the bugs people are mentioning in their reviews. regardless this is one of the most brilliant games i have ever played! superb story! the combat sequences are even finer than akham asylum!
  11. Feb 12, 2012
    Now this AAA title seriously deserves AAA mark. Open world, sandbox gameplay, fantastic feeling. Many upgrades and exelent graphic and details for an old U3 engine. Yes there are some troubles with DX11, but in dx9 mode its stable and great looking. 10/10
  12. May 7, 2012
    One of my favorites; the best ive played in years. Full of rich storylines and areas to explore. Level up
    system enables new weapons and abilities to keep the fun alive even when into the game for 30
    hours. Plus you get to layout the keyboard the way you want it. A feature I dont want to do without.
    Try it; you will love it!
  13. Nov 25, 2011
    I can't believe people voting this a 0, but I guess there are haters everywhere. Yes the game was a month late, yes DX11 features will slow down your game, when it should, in fact, speed it up, yes there is SecuRom, and yes its on GWFL. However, none of that really matters, a month later? Who fricking cares, yes I had some of it spoiled, but I should have kept away from the batman forumsI can't believe people voting this a 0, but I guess there are haters everywhere. Yes the game was a month late, yes DX11 features will slow down your game, when it should, in fact, speed it up, yes there is SecuRom, and yes its on GWFL. However, none of that really matters, a month later? Who fricking cares, yes I had some of it spoiled, but I should have kept away from the batman forums to be sure. Still the story keeps me intrigued, the combat is insanely good, and the atmosphere is amazing. Can't do much about GFWL and SecuRom, they don't make the game worse, they are just bad choiced to safeguard against people playing without paying. The DX11 thing is something that they already are aware of, and they will fix it. So, if your that angered by it, wait before you buy it, or if you already bought it, don't play until the patch is out. Until that patch there are lots of goodies to play meanwhile, like Skyrim and Battlefield 3.
    As stated earlier this games combat is awesome, and works even better on mouse and keyboard than its predecessor. I have had no troubles whatsoever, and the troubles I did have came from me not being used to the combat system, not because it was bad.
    The graphics are gorgeous beyond belief, even in DX9 it looks good, I can also run at almost max with max PhysX on my GTX460, only thing I have turned down is AA at 16x .
    The sound is awesome, including the voice acting, The Joker is especially, like last game, really good. But most all of the voice acting done here is awesome.
    I can't find any fault with this game other than the DX11 problem, and that will be fixed, so a solid 10/10 and this game leaves me wondering what will be GOTY. To me it is between this, battlefield 3 (the MP is sooooo solid), The Witcher 2 and Skyrim. All are 9 or 10 out of 10 in my book.
  14. Nov 26, 2011
    Batman Arkham City is the best game of the year, on my mind. I playing this game with very very big pleasure. A I don't like that DirectX 11 working very bad. Wait the patch. But I think that Arkham City is better than Arkham Asylum: new interesting story, many famous persons of DC Comics, new gameplay elements and many many others. It is ideal game about Batman.
  15. Jan 13, 2017
    The definitive game of the Arkham series. Everything from the gadgets, to the missions, to the expansive free roaming city, to challenges, and the plot all work precisely together to make a game that is unquestionably solid through and through. I think maybe my only complaint is just the fact that the riddler campaign that is part of the DLC is so huge I don't know if I'll ever put in theThe definitive game of the Arkham series. Everything from the gadgets, to the missions, to the expansive free roaming city, to challenges, and the plot all work precisely together to make a game that is unquestionably solid through and through. I think maybe my only complaint is just the fact that the riddler campaign that is part of the DLC is so huge I don't know if I'll ever put in the time needed to collect every riddler trophy and finish it 100% -- but that just goes to show you the developers' dedication to making this batman game as massive as possible. Expand
  16. May 7, 2012
    Wow. Here I thought that Batman Arkham Asylum couldn't be topped. Arkham City proved me wrong and more than I thought.

OK, so there's the aesthetics: beautifully rendered, designed, laid out, composed - whatever you want to call it - it's simply stunning. The costumes and character designs are vivid and imaginative (Catowman = :^O). The locales, architecture and mapping is magnificent. I truly felt like I was in Arkham City the whole time.

Sound: Brilliant. Crisp, reactive and vibrant. The environmental sounds are realistic, the gadgets and weapons are full and quick and the voice-over work - well - there is no other game with such impressive performances as this. Again, Mark Hammill just explodes here with some incredible dialogue and talent. Kevin Conroy, as always is the perfect voice for Batman. All the other characters, including the thugs, are just fantastic. Story: The greatest story ever told in a video game. It's elaborate, imaginative, exciting and entertaining in every respect. Paul Dini and company have written a masterpiece.

Gameplay: Fluid and simple. Granted, at first, I didn't get it quick enough, but once you get used to the controls it's very easy to play. The fighting system is just amazing with it's one-on-one (or more) tactics and the use of quick-fire gadgets make it direct. The array of gadgets is creative and diverse and they all can be used against enemies as well as the environment. The Riddler challenges and other challenges are just that: challenging: Most aren't but there are a considerable amount of them that are not easy to find or reach. Playing Catwoman is just as fun but limited since she doesn't have as many gadgets or armor. The combat combos are clever and aren't as easy as one would think to implement which gives the game more of a challenge.

Replay value is excellent with the separate combat challenges for Batman and Catwoman out fo the story arc. The extras like concept art and character trophies are gorgeous. There's also the back stories for all the characters that can be read in game as well as the audio files for their sessions in Arkham with Prof. Strange and the audio messages left for Batman.

It's all the detail, devotion and attention to the story gameplay that make this such an incredible experience. There are no issues visually but my game did crash a few times, so aside from that there are no programming problems on my end. My PC had no problems running the game at all the highest settings with DX11.

This folks, is a true masterpiece. Batman Arkham City is a triumph.
  17. Dec 13, 2011
    This is how you do a sequel. Rocksteady took Arkham Asylum and amplified everything to the MAX. One of the finest stories I've ever experienced meets the best superhero gameplay conceived to make one of the greatest games I've played in the last decade. AA got a little repetitive and the end boss encounter was too hackneyed whereas not only does AC fix all that, it expands the arena asThis is how you do a sequel. Rocksteady took Arkham Asylum and amplified everything to the MAX. One of the finest stories I've ever experienced meets the best superhero gameplay conceived to make one of the greatest games I've played in the last decade. AA got a little repetitive and the end boss encounter was too hackneyed whereas not only does AC fix all that, it expands the arena as well as the challenges. Enemies while based on the prototypical thug almost come in more variations than can be handled by one man. Many hoods come with their own weaponry or else can pick them up when dropped. Each weapon or gadget in use alters the class of the enemy and beating each requires the use of independent solutions. So it gets very interesting when they come at you all at once. Batman has more gadgets than I could dish out and yet you have to use all of them at various points to beat the game. It is in this shifting dynamic during both hand to hand combat and predator gameplay that the game achieves true brilliance. The catwoman segment was interesting while Riddler's puzzles are now more like minigames in their own right and he's not the only villain dogging your footsteps. Every character in this is hugely memorable and the story does not let up one bit, right down to the cataclysmic climax.

No major technical issues to report. The game chugged at DX11 for me so I stuck to DX9. Authentication was ok but GFW does not agree with my firewall so the game required a prelaunch prep. I really can't think of a flaw to speak of, except that I may not replay the game at the higher difficulty unlocked mode because I don't think my wrists can handle the strain. Buy this game, it's getting seriously underrated here. 9.5/10
  18. Dec 1, 2011
    HA! Look at all the red reviewer's lack of intelligence. You are supposed to be explaining why this game is either good or not...not that you have a sh*tty PC or something non compatible and are having technical issues. Why don't you wannabes go get a console and leave serious PC gaming to us big boys. This game is an awesome experience from start to finish. You will not be disappointed ifHA! Look at all the red reviewer's lack of intelligence. You are supposed to be explaining why this game is either good or not...not that you have a sh*tty PC or something non compatible and are having technical issues. Why don't you wannabes go get a console and leave serious PC gaming to us big boys. This game is an awesome experience from start to finish. You will not be disappointed if you enjoyed the first game even a little. All the red reviews - unless you gave legitimate reasoning on why the game wasn't to your liking....GTFO, you are stinking up my interweb. Expand
  19. Apr 6, 2012
    I'm giving this game a 10. It's not much different from the previous game, Arkham Asylum, but it is still a great game. Given that it is very similar to Arkham Asylum, I'm not sure it was worth the full $80, but I'm not regretting it anyway. Great graphics, smooth gameplay, well-designed. The DX11 sucks, and even with a core i7 cpu & and GTX470 it still stutters occasionally. Some peopleI'm giving this game a 10. It's not much different from the previous game, Arkham Asylum, but it is still a great game. Given that it is very similar to Arkham Asylum, I'm not sure it was worth the full $80, but I'm not regretting it anyway. Great graphics, smooth gameplay, well-designed. The DX11 sucks, and even with a core i7 cpu & and GTX470 it still stutters occasionally. Some people are complaining that it's not finished, but I've not had an issue with it yet (they did recently patch it), but even last year it was fine.
    CONS: Games For Windows Live (GFWL), the most useless crud invented for PC; DX11 support blows (might have been fixed via the patch); graphics stutter occasionally.
    PROS: Great graphics, smooth gameplay, decent story, lots to do.
  20. Aug 17, 2012
    I myself did not found any problem in PC version. game play fine with KB. This is one of the finest game in this gen. Batman AC blend Batman's character and balanced gameplay perfectly. Most open world may suffered from shallow gameplay but this game is not, level design is intelligent and progressively reasonable. All part of the game, battle, exploration, platforming and puzzle are allI myself did not found any problem in PC version. game play fine with KB. This is one of the finest game in this gen. Batman AC blend Batman's character and balanced gameplay perfectly. Most open world may suffered from shallow gameplay but this game is not, level design is intelligent and progressively reasonable. All part of the game, battle, exploration, platforming and puzzle are all great. Story progressive and presentation are equally great. Expand
  21. Jan 2, 2012
    This is one of the most fun games that I have ever played. I already own Arkham Asylum and I wasn't impressed. Yet, I decided to try one more time, and I was glad that I did. The story line was easier to follow and more detailed; e.g., emphasis on Batman's brooding nature. The weapons were easier to use, and the numerous fights seemed to be more exciting. Best of all, the graphics wereThis is one of the most fun games that I have ever played. I already own Arkham Asylum and I wasn't impressed. Yet, I decided to try one more time, and I was glad that I did. The story line was easier to follow and more detailed; e.g., emphasis on Batman's brooding nature. The weapons were easier to use, and the numerous fights seemed to be more exciting. Best of all, the graphics were unbelievable! I actually had some feelings of vertigo when Batman was walking on posts at the tops of skyscrapers. Overall, I recommend this game highly, even though i prefer shooters. Expand
  22. Dec 3, 2011
    Truly, I haven't experienced any signs of the game being a "sloppy port" whatsoever - I was surprised to read some of the negative reviews based solely on that fact.

The game is insanely good - beautiful world of Arkham City, lots of things to do, nice story with lots of side missions. Definitely a game of the year for me.
  23. Jan 12, 2012
    Batman: Arkhan City supplies an incredible gaming experience. It is a drastic improvement on its impressive predecessor, Arkham Asylum. The visuals are stunning and the gameplay environment is rich and detailed. Even gamers like myself who have yet to read a single Batman comic will find many hours of enjoyment and dynamic gameplay with this title. It also has very good replay value. Iâ
  24. Dec 19, 2011
    I previously rated this game pretty bad, but the update changed my mind. There surely are still issues and I can run this game now on maximum settings and the plot stopping bugs have been resolved. However and this especially leaves a bitter taste: All my savefiles were corrupted from updating this game. I think it's fair to give this game 8/10 points for the troubles we've experiencedI previously rated this game pretty bad, but the update changed my mind. There surely are still issues and I can run this game now on maximum settings and the plot stopping bugs have been resolved. However and this especially leaves a bitter taste: All my savefiles were corrupted from updating this game. I think it's fair to give this game 8/10 points for the troubles we've experienced since release. This game is now playable and worth getting. Expand
  25. Nov 29, 2011
    Wow alot of hate over broken dx 11. Yes its broke, but that doesnt mean the game sucks.

Dx9 runs perfect, even with physx on high and I only have slightly overclocked gtx 470. Seriously, the physx runs perfect on high with only 1 gpu and its looks great, so quit whinning so hard. They will eventually fix Dx11 effects. It probably wont be more than 2 months. Ive turned on dx11 effects

Ive turned on dx11 effects including high tesselation, and I get 25 fps average with benchmark with lots of stuttering.Truth is they dont add that much anyway, so why are are giving the game 0's. The game was only delayed 6 weeks and youre acting like it was 6 months. You should be greatful this game is released on pc as quick as it was with plently of configuration options, including a fully editable configuration ini since game is unreal engine 3. So one part of game doesnt work, so youre score goes from 10 to 0. Its not rocksteady fault you spent 2000 dollars on graphics cards nor is it their obligations to program a game that takes full advantage of that hardware flawlessly.

I mean come on, can you seriouly say you have seen a better looking Unreal Engine 3 game. This game might be the best video game ever made, and playing maxed out in dx9 with high physx and high AA along with triple 2560x1440 res isnt good enough looking so the game gets a 0?

You people really need to evaluate your lives and gain some perspective. Ive been playing games since Zelda 1 and Mario 1 were released, and Im fairly sure Im playing the best game ever made when I fire up the PC version of Arkham City.

It runs flawlessly with ZERO STUTTERING OR FRAMERATE ISSUES, as long as I turn off Dx 11. The only loss is yours if you dont play this game cause you're having a temper tantrum.

Better than Deus Ex, Better than Half Life, Better than Ultima Underworld, Better than Super Metroid, Better than any Zelda game,better than any Mario game, Arkham City is the best game ever made.

That said I kinda wish they had brough back Arleen Sorkin even though Im a brony, still easily 11/10
  26. Dec 4, 2011
    This is the closest we've come to the perfect video game. It's a thing of beauty. The perfect combination of character, story, idea and execution. It shows the awesome potential of video games in its full glory.
  27. Nov 27, 2011
    I dont know why are some people acting so crazy cause this is a fantastic game.This deserves a 10.dont listen to the haters.You just need a decent Gpu to run it.It ran fine with my ati hd5850 and with dx11 and no lag at all.Plz dont judge this game without playing it properly.
  28. Oct 3, 2012
    Sin duda alguna el mejor juego de superheroe de todos los tiempos, diversión constante, una jugabilidad impecable y grandes gráficos, aprovechando el buen hardware de un ordenador actual...
  29. Nov 29, 2011
    Yeaahh it's Great game,,..the best superhero video game ever made,It's the GOTY candidate alngside with Uncharted 3 n Skyrim..,and why they give it score 0??? just DX 11 problem??? no ..they're just some crap haters....Go F*** urself haters!!!!!!!!!!....there a lot things to do, challenges,Riddlles,so many improvements,great graphic, lot of fans service,and also Catwoman already includedYeaahh it's Great game,,..the best superhero video game ever made,It's the GOTY candidate alngside with Uncharted 3 n Skyrim..,and why they give it score 0??? just DX 11 problem??? no ..they're just some crap haters....Go F*** urself haters!!!!!!!!!!....there a lot things to do, challenges,Riddlles,so many improvements,great graphic, lot of fans service,and also Catwoman already included in this PC version..yeaahhh..the only thing that I dissapointed is just the SuckeROM.... Expand
  30. Nov 24, 2011
    Batman is the ideal hero for the angry birds and trolls with awesome story&characters and graphics for this sequel.This game "Batman: Arkham City" is a good gift for christmas if you want a lot of fun breaking balls villains of the city.
  31. Dec 29, 2011
    I purchased the game through Steam and have had no issues with it or the DLC.

An excellent follow up to the great game "Arkham Asylum" that improves upon the original in just about every way. A whole new batch of villains and some old friends make this game a MUST have!
  32. Oct 16, 2013
    How do you make Arkham Asylum even better? How about throw in an open world and even more progression and another, high grade captivating storyline. Just fantastic.
  33. Dec 17, 2011
    Great game, I ran the game no problem, didn't run into any bugs. I did use the wireless 360 controller with it, didn't try out the mouse and keyboard. I've no idea what everyone else is talking about with the bugs and the game running **** I think they just need a new rig lol
  34. Dec 6, 2011
    Excellent game, the pc version is truly great no signs of a port and im quite use to seeing such crappy ports from so many other companies. Have not had a single crash since i got it.
  35. Nov 27, 2011
    ok people stop pushing it down this game is awesome play in dx9 yes i do have dx11 so i suffered every problem you guys had but at the end of the day in dx9 its still way better performing and looking than ps3 or 360 here is and idea play on normal first then move to hard when dx11 patch comes out and do all the side missions last
  36. Dec 2, 2011
    This game it´s an incredible experience; with Arkham Asylum, the best games of batman. This version of the game don´t deserve the ridiculous note of zero, if anyone can´t play it ´cause of the DX11 issues just wait for the patch.
  37. Mar 21, 2012
    This game is really fun. The graphics are good and for once the Unreal Engine has impressed me.
    Gameplay is the best. Killing someone from behind and then grappling above and use detective vision to see the enemies rush around looking for you, physics disturb me a bit, I admit that if you kill someone on stairs it screws up and the ragdoll gets stuck. Sounds and storyline are well done.

Thanks to this game I am now a batman fan!
  38. Feb 5, 2012
    game of the year, easily the best game from 2011 and much better then Skyrim or COD 10/10 batman arkham asylum was epic
    this is EPICNESS to the maximum
  39. Jul 28, 2012
    Greatest. Game. Ever. I picked this up on Steam for 15 dollars and when I was done I felt truly guilty that I underpaid for this masterpiece. I wanted to send Rocksteady Studios more money but settled for buying all of the DLC for it (also on a Steam sale). You will not find a better use for your gaming dollar than this game. I've logged almost 90 hours on it so far and I'm stillGreatest. Game. Ever. I picked this up on Steam for 15 dollars and when I was done I felt truly guilty that I underpaid for this masterpiece. I wanted to send Rocksteady Studios more money but settled for buying all of the DLC for it (also on a Steam sale). You will not find a better use for your gaming dollar than this game. I've logged almost 90 hours on it so far and I'm still having fun. It's stuffed to the gills with character upgrades, unlockables, side quests, character skins, and game modes. Literally a love letter to the sandbox genre, Batman: Arkham City learns from the mistakes of GTA IV and others to put together a title that would be worth 120 bucks, easily. A rare game indeed, even if you don't like comic books, or sandbox gaming, or good games in general, you must at least get this at the next Steam sale. I must play some more . . . Expand
  40. Jan 5, 2012
    what i say, the game is really good honestly it's fantastic maybe is the best game of 2011. It's varied of any aspect. Have a action, stealth moment (who like me very much), many gadgets and many different scums who you beat by many ways :D, good story and much much bigger than first game. Play the game you don't regret.
  41. Dec 26, 2015
    Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY
    Genre: Action
    Developer: Rocksteady System: Steam (PC) Total Score: 95/100 Value Score: 9.5/10 • Story: 10/10 • Characters: 10/10 • GamePlay: 10/10 • Graphics: 9/10 • Sound: 10/10 • Music: 8/10 • Length: 8/10 • Replay Value: 10/10 • Player Value: 10/10 Pros +Play as Batman, Catwoman and Robin throughout the different game modes (Robin in
    Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY

• Music: 8/10
    • Length: 8/10
    • Replay Value: 10/10
    • Player Value: 10/10

Pros
    +Play as Batman, Catwoman and Robin throughout the different game modes (Robin in the DLC)
    +Open world mechanics allow you to travel all over Arkham City to do side quests
    +Gain experience from defeating enemies and finishing the story and side quests to level up all sorts of stats, abilities, etc making the game have a RPG feel to it
    +The soundtrack has improved and is a lot more memorable than the first game
    +The addition of the DLC storyline and Catwoman's side story makes the game's length a lot more than the first game
    +Costumes are unlocked and can be used once the game is finished
    +New Game+ mode which brings forth a higher difficulty rating but lets you keep items and upgrades you had gives high replay value to the game
    +There are challenge maps which can be unlocked throughout the game

Cons
    -Some key characters from the first game do not show up or have very little presence in this game
  42. Nov 24, 2011
    Awesome game, DX11 is fine, just spin around so all the textures load first.. Great story and the characters are true to form. BF3, Skyrim will have to collect dust while I play this one over and over.
  43. Nov 22, 2011
    good game, although quite buggy, and sometimes feels like a cheap port, although overall still a very enjoyable title, and quite interesting to play. If you are into action games, and don't mind a game that is a bit buggy untill the next update, get this game.
  44. Jan 28, 2012
    It really pisses me off that the reason people give this game a 0 because of a SHORT 5 WEEK DELAY and because its buggy if its such a problem go to friends house and play it on a console if you have to.
  45. Nov 27, 2011
    Overall superb game, Rocksteady has again done a great Batman game worthy of great praise. Although some are frustrated at the game from a technical perspective, it still doesn't distract from one of the best games of the year if not the best.
  46. Nov 28, 2011
    Slight Bugs, but hits many right notes. Amazing story and twists. New Game Plus is a pretty sweet addition that will keep me coming back for more, plus everything you love about Arkham Asylum is back.
  47. Dec 2, 2011
    This game is just PERFECT. The gameplay is just AWESOME. Now, Batman can be played in an open world scene which is very enjoyable. which can't be done in Arkham Asylum. Although there is some issues with dx11, but it's fixed now with the new update 1.1, check it out guys. I can't even rate this game a 9. It just deserve a 10.
  48. Dec 4, 2011
    GOTY 100%
    Nice game, made me a fan Batman. Good graphics and optimization, Went through the whole, not finding a single bug, the plot is very interesting.
  49. Dec 4, 2011
    Great game! can't believe people voting this a 0, but I guess there are haters everywhere. Yes the game was a month late, yes DX11 features will slow down your game, when it should, in fact, speed it up, yes there is SecuRom, and yes its on GWFL. However, none of that really matters, a month later? Who fricking cares, yes I had some of it spoiled, but I should have kept away from theGreat game! can't believe people voting this a 0, but I guess there are haters everywhere. Yes the game was a month late, yes DX11 features will slow down your game, when it should, in fact, speed it up, yes there is SecuRom, and yes its on GWFL. However, none of that really matters, a month later? Who fricking cares, yes I had some of it spoiled, but I should have kept away from the batman forums Expand
  50. Dec 21, 2011
    Low score for techical problens is ridiculous.. this score is for the game... and the game is very good! Over the console version, this runs in FullHD, best textures, PhysX and DX11 set the PC version ona leval above others versions.
  51. Dec 24, 2011
    After playing this game for half an hour, you can not tear myself away from it ...
  52. Dec 23, 2011
    It's a phenomenal game. I haven't had any issues with it. I have a smoking new PC and it looks and plays perfectly. The GFWL set up was awful however, but once I uninstalled the Steam-installed version and reinstalled the GFWL components myself it worked fine.

The gameplay, environment, characters, sounds, soundtrack...in short, everything about this game rocks. I actually haven't gamed in years and years, but got this free with the NVIDIA GTX570 card, and now I'm sucked into this game. Love it!
  53. Dec 24, 2011
    Best batman game I've ever played hands down. You guys complain about bugs, but I've played through the game 3 times now flawlessly on max settings, so get a better pc before you guys **** Anyways I digress. The wait was worth it for me even if the console version came out a month prior because this game is so gorgeous. Just because this has Securom and GFWL and Steamworks doesn't meanBest batman game I've ever played hands down. You guys complain about bugs, but I've played through the game 3 times now flawlessly on max settings, so get a better pc before you guys **** Anyways I digress. The wait was worth it for me even if the console version came out a month prior because this game is so gorgeous. Just because this has Securom and GFWL and Steamworks doesn't mean **** really as long as it is playable, which it is. Right off the bat you are immersed into game and **** goes down quickly. The story is so well told and when you solve all the riddles you find out about the back story of how **** transpired between the asylum to the city. My only concern is they have kind of written themselves into a dead-end, I just hope that when/if the next batman title comes out that it will be at least half as good as this masterpiece. Expand
  54. Dec 31, 2011
    This game is stupendous. While it was a month late among other problems I am here to review the game, not the developers handling of it. The game is great in nearly all regards. voice acting: check. Story: check. Gameplay: check. Replay value: check. length: check. Appearance: check. All great. I'll start in detail with the voice acting. All the characters are memorable and soundThis game is stupendous. While it was a month late among other problems I am here to review the game, not the developers handling of it. The game is great in nearly all regards. voice acting: check. Story: check. Gameplay: check. Replay value: check. length: check. Appearance: check. All great. I'll start in detail with the voice acting. All the characters are memorable and sound just as they should. Even the lowly thugs who in most games would have absolutely no characterization have a variety of things to say throughout the game, and I more then once found myself laughing at their dialogue. The story may have been the weakest part of the game (Don't get me wrong it was great). The twists it takes and the way it handles so many villains is very impressive. It simply had a few lost opportunities. The gameplay is easy is to learn but difficult to master. Being able to jump and glide around the city and sneak up on armed thugs on a rooftop is truly amazing. As others have said you truly feel like the dark knight. The new game plus combined with the Riddler's revenge provides many hours of fun even after the completion of the main game. The graphics in game are also very impressive, the detail poured into every corner of Arkham city is apparent. especially with a Nvidia graphics card and physX enabled it looks great (even with DirectX 11 off). In the end the game is great even while the developers are not the best at delivering it. Expand
  55. Jan 4, 2012
    Great story, great graphics, great improvements from the last game, great voice acting, great side quests, great tribute to the Batman mythos... I could almost hear it all going down the drain with the random save game deleting. Why?
  56. Jan 8, 2012
    Better than its predecessor
    Fantastic atmosphere
    IN-Genius challenging maps
    Secondary Missions (more than that)
    What a music!
    Secondary Characters are just awesome.
    Dx11 patches will be come out soon, i don't worry about it. on Dx9 looks great!
    U will love this game... for sure!
  57. Mar 22, 2013
    What game can be better than Batman Arkham Asylum? Batman: Arkham City! You really don't have to be a Batman fan to like this game. Roam around Arkham City Batman style? Awesome. Kicking ass with Batman gadgets? Bring it. Punishing different villains with Batman martial arts? Oh yeah!
  58. Feb 6, 2012
    Batman: Arkham City
    I seriously love Batman. The Nolan's movies are great and Rocksteady's games are great too!
    This is seriously the best game of a year 2011, not some **** skyrim **** END!
  59. Feb 14, 2012
    Cons: Catwoman is an incredibly bad character to play and especially her challenge missions are horrendous. Nightwing and Robin never talk in the challenge missions, making them lifeless. GFWL and SecuRom, both outdated, poorly working and repulsive fascist systems that serve no function in an era where we have Steamworks. Pros: Everything else, allows you to become truly the Batman. Unmissable.
  60. May 24, 2012
    The game itself is not bad. Not bad at all. The parts of the game I can play. I was dumb enough to pay for DLC during a sale on steam. The retarded GFWL will not let me download the DLC that I have paid for. So that would be the last time I pay for a GFWL game ever. Fool me once shame on me, try to fool me again and I hoist my pirate flag!
  61. Feb 21, 2012
    Not only the best batman game,but the best superhero game ever. A true successor to Batman Arkham Asylum. A real contender for GOTY. Enjoyed it so much. Awesome!!!
  62. Mar 10, 2012
    Improving upon the original in every possible way, Batman Arkham City is one of the absolute best action/stealth platformers to ever be released. The Batman approach to the sandbox/metroidvania world layout is solid, and I was compelled to search every last nook and cranny of the world to find the secrets and uncover encounters with a dozen of Batman's most memorable villains. GlidingImproving upon the original in every possible way, Batman Arkham City is one of the absolute best action/stealth platformers to ever be released. The Batman approach to the sandbox/metroidvania world layout is solid, and I was compelled to search every last nook and cranny of the world to find the secrets and uncover encounters with a dozen of Batman's most memorable villains. Gliding through the skies of Gotham is extremely satisfying, and I found the package as a whole to be incredibly addicting.

Sign me up for me, Rocksteady. Just do me a favor and give me a chance to play as the Red Hood in the next one!
  63. Mar 20, 2014
    Arkham City is a curious piece of work. It stands at the junction of linear campaign and sandbox, comicbook and mature fiction, button smasher and stealth game. It is for this reason that I think it's extremely difficult to judge the real value of this game from a design perspective. It really didn't fit into any category we had at the time when it came out. And it's not a surprise to sayArkham City is a curious piece of work. It stands at the junction of linear campaign and sandbox, comicbook and mature fiction, button smasher and stealth game. It is for this reason that I think it's extremely difficult to judge the real value of this game from a design perspective. It really didn't fit into any category we had at the time when it came out. And it's not a surprise to say that 2 years after its release, no game has really succeeded it yet. It's a strange, unique game, to say the least. Arkham City contains the DNA of its predecessor, Arkham Asylum, but at the same time, the other half of its DNA is that of a sandbox game, a la GTA. In hindsight, the linear campaign portion was lackluster, but it was what we were all looking forward to, so it was necessary. Also sandbox technology at the time was not complete enough to carry a game on its own. But even then, what ended up happening was that although the sandbox elements were often overshadowed by the linear campaign, what really elevated this game to one of the absolute greatest games of all time was its sandbox design. So, Arkham City does suffer from a mild identity crisis. But in the moments where it decides it wants to be a full fledged sandbox game, it really shines, as the only well crafted non-fps action sandbox game ever made. Rocksteady's stated goal for the Arkham trilogy was to take the foundations of Arkham Asylum and expand it in scope and detail with each iteration. They showed with Arkham City that they are more than capable of doing that. Expect Arkham Knight to blow your expectations out of the water, as this next iteration of the Arkham sandbox should have a good chance of surpassing Skyrim and GTA V. Expand
  64. Mar 15, 2012
    Have you ever looked at the consoles and cribbed about not having a game like Uncharted or Gears of War for the PC? well, i say stop cribbing. Arkham City, could just be the most awesome single player experience on the PC yet. Talk about living the life of Batman.... till TDKR comes out :)
  65. May 22, 2012
    Absolutely amazing, that says it all! One of the best games I've ever played, and I've been gaming for 25 years. The story, the graphics, the gameplay, the combat and the incredible attention to detail all add up to an experience that nobody should miss out on. I put in probably 100 hours playing through the game twice, doing every side mission, and collecting every trophy in the game,Absolutely amazing, that says it all! One of the best games I've ever played, and I've been gaming for 25 years. The story, the graphics, the gameplay, the combat and the incredible attention to detail all add up to an experience that nobody should miss out on. I put in probably 100 hours playing through the game twice, doing every side mission, and collecting every trophy in the game, and never experienced a single bug or crash. So all the folks giving this game poor ratings because they've had issues need to check their computers. Expand
  66. Jun 17, 2012
    Maybe it's a 9, not a 10, but it's unfair to have a user scor of 7.7. Is a great game, an awesome experience. The city, the music, the dialogues, the characters, the script, you feel that you really are Batman. It feels 500% Batman. Besides the problems with DX11 that the game had in its release (I didn't buy it for PS3 to get the game in PC so I feel really angry when DX11 didn't work),Maybe it's a 9, not a 10, but it's unfair to have a user scor of 7.7. Is a great game, an awesome experience. The city, the music, the dialogues, the characters, the script, you feel that you really are Batman. It feels 500% Batman. Besides the problems with DX11 that the game had in its release (I didn't buy it for PS3 to get the game in PC so I feel really angry when DX11 didn't work), Batman Arkham City is what I call "the game that makes you feel the experience of live in a new world" (it also applies to Red Dead Redemption for example). I really recommend this game and then start to wait for the next one, because the end allows to make a lot of new stories for a next game of the series. And yes, I want more Catwoman, is great to play with her. Expand
  67. Jun 28, 2012
    Batman: Arkham City took everything that made the first game excellent and expanded on it tenfold: brilliant story, improved combat system, a new range of enemies from the Batman universe, new locations and a new set of Riddler games for collectibles. This game is a great title from 2011 and should be part of your collection.
  68. Oct 17, 2012
    Batman Arkham City is a must play game for not just batman fans, but superhero fans in general. The PC version of the game is also pretty excellent after all the patches. My favourite action game.....
  69. Jul 28, 2012
    I give this game a definitive 10 after i've played the game multiple times exploring every aspect and feature..the game showed no problems at all and no patches were needed.. an amazing improvement since arkham asylum
  70. Jul 28, 2012
    This is one of the best games I've played.
    * I got it a couple months after release, and while I read there were stability issues on release, they all appeared to be cleaned up because I had no issues at all.
    This is one of the best games I've played.
    * The story was excellent! Very entertaining to play through. The writers kept me hungry for more, and I played for hours at a time. Although, it was easy to save and stop when I needed to.
    * The graphics were beautiful. Both cut scenes and game play were amazing.
    * A great mix of combat and puzzle solving. Puzzling is mostly ancillary/optional but is worth the time.
    * The combat was great. You basically are fist fighting thugs with the addition of gadgets to perform special moves. Every thing flowed amazingly well and was very satisfying, especially the slow motion finishing moves.
    * A lot of Batman universe characters were included. The focus was on just a couple, but there were tons of them.
    * The open world (rather city) adventuring was great. None of this "on rails" linear maps when you move between locations. You run through the streets, or more likely, soar between roof tops.
    * There is a good challenge system outside of the main game, that gets unlocked as you find secrets and reach goals in the main game. In this system, you are dropped into a combat scene from the game, bounded so you can't leave the area, and 3 waves of bad guys come at you. You need to survive and meet challenge goals, in the best time you can.
    * The developers did an excellent job with this game. Although it looks like this was the last planned game in the series, I hope they do another one. I played Arkham Asylum as well. And it was great for many of the same reasons, although this one really added a wider and more open world.
  71. Aug 9, 2012
    This is one of the best games i have ever played, amazing storyline, awesome graphics, impeccable gameplay, the atmosphere is worthy of batman, and the side quests are giving you a lot of time being the dark knight.
  72. Aug 15, 2012
    Great sequel for a great saga! Batman: Arkham City shows us a complete game with the main Batman´s enemies. The Joker, Two Faces and The Penguin are great, but Batman is perfect. The new Batman´s weapons are excellent.
    Simply the best game of 2011
  73. Feb 16, 2014
    Simply an amazing game. Large open map with a great storyline, impeccable voice acting, great graphics, amazing sets, wonderful gadgets and the COMBAT - UNBELIEVABLY GOOD!

Arkham Asylum was good, this is near perfect. The voice actors are now comfortable with their roles unlike the initial parts of asylum where Batman in particular sounds stiff. But in City - he nails it! The voice of Joker is perfect as is Harley.

The DLC (or Game of the Year Edition which has all the DLC) is a wonderful addition - playing as Catwoman and briefly as Robin is incredible fun. I am a big Robin fan so my only gripe is that I didn't get to play as him more!

I don't give out a lot of 10/10 ratings but this game definitely deserves it!
  74. TSB
    Jan 2, 2013
    This is my best game of all time . If you like Batman if you like action game with great combo system with many gadget this game will satisfied you for sure . I love every thing about the game it has a really fun gameplay specially if you upgraded every thing , Very good story with historical ending , great act-voicing and sound track , many side missions . The game took me about 50This is my best game of all time . If you like Batman if you like action game with great combo system with many gadget this game will satisfied you for sure . I love every thing about the game it has a really fun gameplay specially if you upgraded every thing , Very good story with historical ending , great act-voicing and sound track , many side missions . The game took me about 50 hours to complete 95% . though it still have some technical issue last time I played it which is annoying but it playable for sure , Batman AC simply will give you almost Perfect Story game experience . Expand
  75. Jan 12, 2013
    A really amazing game on all aspects. Sounds like a fake review but really, I have nothing to criticize on Arkham City. I've had hundreds of hours of fun with it and I just wanted to say it. :)
  76. Oct 7, 2012
    I can sum this game up in one word:

WOW!

Pros: you name it - graphics, story, controls, characters....all of it.
    Cons: I couldn't think of any.
  77. Feb 1, 2013
    This game is absolute masterpiece, with its awesome voice acting, storyline and missions. Pretty much continues where the last game left and does a great job in it. If you haven't bought this game already, go and buy it because its worth its money in every aspect.
  78. Dec 12, 2012
    when i heard that rocksteady doing a sequal to arkham asylum i just get so happy and when i pre order it i was tense if the game will be good like the first game so its even batter the story is amzing and long like 16 hours to finish the story and if in the middle of the story you get bored you can always live the main story and do side quest beat some criminal ass in the open world youwhen i heard that rocksteady doing a sequal to arkham asylum i just get so happy and when i pre order it i was tense if the game will be good like the first game so its even batter the story is amzing and long like 16 hours to finish the story and if in the middle of the story you get bored you can always live the main story and do side quest beat some criminal ass in the open world you can do preadator challenges and my favorite is the ridller challenges all this thing will take 25 hours and i complete it something like 10 times so i think that you should buy this game and its outs last year so what are you waiting for just buy it Expand
  79. Nov 7, 2012
    This game is perfect. It has a perfect story perfect graphics and perfect gameplay. The voice acting is perfect and i think that Goyham city looks fantastic everyone should play this game.
  80. Nov 6, 2013
    Arkham City took everything that was great about Asylum and made it better. It's story is more involved, the game play is improved, and it's got tons of replay value. Arkham City is an all around great game!

If you're a Batman fan, you HAVE to play this game!
  81. Jan 31, 2015
    Simply one of the bests games ever. The graphic quality allies with an increible soundtrack, to give you an extensive and atmospheric adventure full of riddles, puzzles, enemies and acts. Probably one of the bests games ever.
  82. Nov 25, 2012
    Este es el videojuego más cercano a la perfección por donde lo mires, si eres un gamer es un crimen dejar pasar una obra maestra como lo es Batman Arkham City.
  83. Dec 6, 2012
    The Greatest Batman Experience Ever. Becoming The Dark Knight himself has never been so easy and so satisfying as it has been in Rocksteady's Batman Game series. both Asylum and City are Phenomenal.
  84. Dec 23, 2012
    Batman Arkham City is the first high graphics game i played after i bought a new laptop and the graphics delighted me........ I had a small problem of a cut seen which got solved when i checked the internet........
  85. Dec 27, 2012
    A tremendous game. The combat has improved in every way from the original, the storyline is less linear, the world is much more open, and you get to play as different characters. In every way this is one of the best games I have ever played. It is a perfect blend of stealth, puzzles, brawling, exploring, and using one's brain. The graphics are very good and the game plays well on myA tremendous game. The combat has improved in every way from the original, the storyline is less linear, the world is much more open, and you get to play as different characters. In every way this is one of the best games I have ever played. It is a perfect blend of stealth, puzzles, brawling, exploring, and using one's brain. The graphics are very good and the game plays well on my mediocre rig even on max, which is excellent. The voice acting is truly exceptional, with Mark Hamill returning as Joker. The only personal complaint I have is that Games for Windows Live deleted my save data when I was 70 hours in or so, which was very frustrating. Other than that, though, this is an exemplary game. Expand
  86. Dec 27, 2012
    Absolutely perfect! A game like this have big chances to disappoint the fans because of the big success of the predecessor. But Arkham City is just incredible. The developers took the best of the first game and evolved the other aspects like the gameplay to make a perfect game. The story is brilliantly written and the gameplay is really good. The Riddler received more spotlights in thisAbsolutely perfect! A game like this have big chances to disappoint the fans because of the big success of the predecessor. But Arkham City is just incredible. The developers took the best of the first game and evolved the other aspects like the gameplay to make a perfect game. The story is brilliantly written and the gameplay is really good. The Riddler received more spotlights in this game, and didn't disappoint. The possibility of switch characters too Catwoman was a great ideia, because it brings more time to develop the game without being boring. Is just great to switch characters with Robin and Nightwing in the Riddler's Revenge too. A great game in all aspects and with no big errors. Expand
  87. Jan 20, 2013
    It's by far one of my favorite games... It blows Arkham Asylum out of the water(and that was also a great game), the characters and story are so in-depth and perfect to the 'T'. Plenty of side missions and easter eggs to complete/uncover. The challenges are fun, the dlc is equally as fun, and the gameplay is rich. As I said before, this is one of my favorite games, don't think I'm biased,It's by far one of my favorite games... It blows Arkham Asylum out of the water(and that was also a great game), the characters and story are so in-depth and perfect to the 'T'. Plenty of side missions and easter eggs to complete/uncover. The challenges are fun, the dlc is equally as fun, and the gameplay is rich. As I said before, this is one of my favorite games, don't think I'm biased, it's really just that good. Expand
  88. Feb 6, 2013
    Possibly one of the best and most complete games I have ever played. I enjoyed every second of Arkham City from start to finish. Initial release with DirectX11 support was rushed and needed to be patched ASAP as it wasn't implemented/coded too well. However I enjoyed the game for what it truly is. It is a great tribute to Batman which says a lot because we all know how crappy superheroPossibly one of the best and most complete games I have ever played. I enjoyed every second of Arkham City from start to finish. Initial release with DirectX11 support was rushed and needed to be patched ASAP as it wasn't implemented/coded too well. However I enjoyed the game for what it truly is. It is a great tribute to Batman which says a lot because we all know how crappy superhero games and movie spin-off games can be. I will be playing through Arkham City once again as soon as I have the chance. 10/10 Expand
  89. Feb 14, 2013
    The game is a must buy for action gamers. Arkham Asylum was a great game, and Arkham City is better under every aspect! The gameplay mixes action and stealth... and possibly puzzle, if you want to solve the riddle's enigmas.
    The story is strong and well-written, with a free-roaming component very satisfying. Flying over the Arkham City building, or crawling in shadows down the streets... it's fantastic! Finally, the City. A masterpiece of Gothic art.
  90. Apr 12, 2013
    "Batman: Arkham City" is filled with fun, yet simple content, a lengthy campaign and enough of easter eggs and secrets to make you return to the pretty big Arkham City.
  91. Mar 10, 2013
    I did not actually want to play this game. I kept seeing excellent reviews for it until I finally cracked and had to try it out. As a 28 year old with an "uncomfort" towards men in tights, I never really had a desire to play a batman game. However, this game blew me away. The attention to detail and amazing polished city made me completely immersed in the role of batman. By the time II did not actually want to play this game. I kept seeing excellent reviews for it until I finally cracked and had to try it out. As a 28 year old with an "uncomfort" towards men in tights, I never really had a desire to play a batman game. However, this game blew me away. The attention to detail and amazing polished city made me completely immersed in the role of batman. By the time I finished this game my greatest complaint was that I still wanted more. It has been an extremely long time since I played a game until the end and was upset it was over.
    This game was done right. ANY gamer can appreciate its amazing world, writing, and game-play.
  92. Jun 17, 2013
    the first game was really good but this one is perfect it is one of my favourite games of all time this game is so damn good in every aspect and you'll finally see an end to the long battle between Batman and joker i highly recommend this game
  93. Jul 17, 2013
    Great game. Very enjoyable story and I loved all the characters they used even though some seemed to be randomly thrown in. Side quests were pretty entertaining as well.
  94. Dec 29, 2013
    The best game I've played this year. I like the 3D model of the characters and the combat which is responsive and of rhythm. Apart from the common elements in an action game, it turns like a puzzle game when you collect riddler's trophies and a stealth one when you enter a room full of armed enemies.
  95. Dec 24, 2013
    This Game is Brilliant.
    U get to be Batman
    U get a huge world to roam
    U get the best combat system present at this time
    U get a Great Storyline
    U get a lot of unlockables and trophies

Just a complete Package of a Superb Game
  96. Sep 1, 2013
    The game's great.The controls are easy to master.The gameplay's amazing.The fightsyles are superb. The scenery's great so do the gadgets...I am stunned Looking forward to Batman Arkham Origins.Actually it is really easy though to install the windows live..which is at first u must install the game files then copy all the xlive files from sysWow64 folder and paste it to system 32 Then copyThe game's great.The controls are easy to master.The gameplay's amazing.The fightsyles are superb. The scenery's great so do the gadgets...I am stunned Looking forward to Batman Arkham Origins.Actually it is really easy though to install the windows live..which is at first u must install the game files then copy all the xlive files from sysWow64 folder and paste it to system 32 Then copy only xlive.dll to system folder.Then launch the game.If u can play it but can't save it close the game. Then install windows live marketplace(Note:never save the setup run it and then u are free to play the game to the core. Expand
  97. Aug 15, 2013
    Never have I felt like such a complete bad ass as when I play this game! The great story, deep characters, beautiful environment and fluid combat mechanics all blend together for a perfect game! Any fan of Batman would must play this game!
  98. Nov 5, 2013
    Rocksteady, after reviving our hopes in superhero games with Arkham Asylum, have dreamt big: bringing the well established Dark Knight formula to open world. A task that first sounded too great even after everything the developer has given us in the first game. Fear not, they upped the ante.

Our favorite detective is forced to Arkham City occupied by thugs, gangsters, super-villains and Dr. Strange's guards. Initially we only know that he is after Strange who is preparing an experiment, which he calls "Protocol 10". The main plot of the game isn't the strongest we have ever experienced, but diverse enough to keep our heads spinning in every half hour or so. Even if Strange isn't the typical main villain you'd expect from a game like this, the others keep the show running. Boy, and how well. Joker, Two-Face, Penguin are only the most famous ones to recognize. Even the minor villains give splendid performances that will make you feel you're in an action packed DC comic book. Only this time around you're the one who beats up the bad guys. The ending of the game will keep you scratching your head and maybe this time and this time only Rocksteady took on more that they could bear...

The game has excellent graphical representation pushing the unreal engine to it's limits. The older engine sometimes shows it's limits with slowly loading textures and load screens in open areas. However, from artistic perspective it's breathtaking. The realization of Arkham City speaks for itself. Every character villain, hero or supporting cast is realized authentically with care and love that can be seen everywhere in the game. You can read stories about the city or it's unwanted "residents", listen to crazy interviews taped by Strange with the greatest villains that will uncover some of their background stories and let us see what has happened before the place was opened. It's exactly this where the game comes to full circle, not just being a super enjoyable action-superhero game, but a true part of the Batman legacy. The music and voice acting are top notch. Listening to an well composed orchestral piece before hearing Mark Hamill's voice behind The Joker is true joy and no fan could ask for more in that respect.

The freeflow combat introduced in Arkham Asylum returns with an array of gadgets that can be deployed in combat. The combat is so well balanced that it will be easy for everybody to pick up, but very difficult to master as Batman has plenty of moves in his pocket. You can choose to hit or counter each enemy when you are attacked, but there will always be a second, third or eighth move to pull. It's a mechanic that will never get boring even after the 228th enemy. Of course the game will challenge you eventually with more powerful enemies that can't be put down with repeated hitting of one button.

After you are done with the main campaign, which takes about 10 hour to complete, there's literally a dozen thing to do in Arkham City. For one you can explore the story based side quests which are not only cleverly integrated in the game's main story but they are also highly addictive. Of course Riddler made his mark in this game too, so you can try to collect his collectibles of which there is more than 300. If you have done everything in Arkham City (takes around 20-30 hours) there is a game mode called Riddler's revenge which is essentially a task-based-clean-the-room mini-game. You are rewarded with medals based on your successes, but cleaning every room and hitting high score everywhere will take you at least that much as the main game. That adds up around 50+ hours of gameplay for 100% completion. Really the only thing worth of complain here is that when you do everything and I mean everything in Arkham City there isn't anything else to load your save game again. The streets are empty except for some thug groups always spawned in the same spots. Arkham City feels empty; a thing that can be noticed even in the heat of the first walkthrough.

Rating: 94/100; Replay Value: 4/5; To Beat: 8-10 hours (main campaign), 22-25 hours (campaign with collectibles); Played on: normal.
  99. Oct 9, 2013
    The game is amazing. A huge open world for a game of it's kind, great graphics (and the 3D is something special too), a beautifully put together combat system and some nice varied puzzles throughout the game too. There is plenty to see and do outside of the story, but it is not essential. The DRM up front is a HUGE pain, but once you get past it, you will not regret the effort!
  100. May 22, 2014
    This game is just as good as the first one in every regard. The only problem was the Games for Windows Live DRM, which has since been removed from Batman.

Though the ending is surprising, in a way, the story isn't the main focus of Batman: Arkham City. Exploring and adventuring come first, you have so much to do that you that the hours just slip by you. Yes, the boss fights are probably too easy, the narrative too short, the framerate goes down on occasion and not all the players will appreciate searching through every nook and cranny to find trophies. But it's all up to you and Arkham City offers a variety that not a lot of new games have nowadays.
    The developers should be proud for Arkham City and its precise portrayal of Gotham's mood- at least accordingly to recent films and comic books. A gothic atmosphere is undoubtedly dominant, as the majestic architecture of neoclassical buildings shadows the industrialization and the bright lights of a contemporary metropolis.
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 20, 2012
    It's hard to create an extraordinary game but to recognize it is quite simple. Arkham City with its cinematic appearance towers high above the rest with its production values. [Dec 2011]