8.7

Generally favorable reviews- based on 1902 Ratings

1. Jul 10, 2017
    Batman: Arkham City is the high point of the Arkham franchise. The characters, the atmosphere, the story, the combat, the music, the visuals – all come together in a way that few other games achieve. Marred by some performance issues on PC (turning off DX11 features fixes most of the issues). If Batman has a place in your fandom, Arkham City has a place in your game library.
    Total size on
    Total size on my hard-drive (GOTY): 19GB

+ All of Gotham’s criminals have been thrown into an old, walled-off section of the city. A great excuse to bring the entire rogue’s gallery together. Exactly who brought this about and how? There’s your story. Simple but effective. (Like Arkham Asylum, the story is the creation of Paul Dini, who was a major part of the classic ‘90s TV show, Batman: The Animated Series.)
    + Batman, Robin, Catwoman, Hugo Strange, Penguin, Two-Face, Joker – there are many characters packed into Arkham City, all of them superbly voice-acted and visually realized. In addition to Kevin Conroy (as Batman) and Mark Hamill (as the Joker), Grey DeLisle brings perfection to Catwoman.
    + Great world design. Though not as large as Arkham Origins or the follow-up Arkham Knight, Arkham City is full of rooftops and shadowy corners that bear exploring. A number of buildings can be entered, bringing another dimension to the exploration (entering buildings is not seamless though - there is a loading screen).
    + The visuals look fantastic, if occasionally low-res. Light-shafts and shadows are particularly well-rendered, which play to Arkham City’s strengths. Lip-synch occasionally has issues.
    + Ambient sounds of crunching snow, wind and waves are enhanced by superb mood music and deep shadows everywhere. Finding the best brightness setting for your eyes can be tricky, but there’s no denying the atmosphere.
    + Soundtrack is superb. In contrast to Arkham Asylum’s more moody music, Arkham City immediately goes for an unabashed heroic feel. While the big heroic tracks are most obvious, the quieter tracks wonderfully fill the poignant silences.
    + The best combat of any of the Arkham games. Easy to understand, difficult to master.
    + Catwoman is playable in the open world. Awesome.
    + A nice selection of challenge maps that add playable Catwoman, Robin and Nightwing, each with their own combat styles and moves.
    + Harley Quinn’s Revenge DLC is included, and is a good two hours of supplemental gameplay material that happens post-campaign.
    + The GOTY edition includes everything – all DLC, skin packs, and challenge map packs.

+/- The Catwoman DLC has been folded into the main story campaign. Can create some jarring moments when Batman is at a crucial plot point, and the cut-scene switches the story to Catwoman.

- Performance on the PC is spotty, even now. Try cranking all the settings up, and the benchmark will run without issue, but the game will be plagued by stutter, both in the pre-rendered cutscenes (a video streaming issue) and in-game as the game-world loads in. I installed Arkham City to my SSD drive, I have a Haswell Core i5, 16GB of ram and an RX 470. My system is not the issue. Search the forums and you’ll find many complaints about cut-scene stutter and generally poor stream-in performance. Turn off DX11 graphical features and most of the problems disappear. Still have some issues with initial load-in stutter, but otherwise the issues were resolved. Maybe you won’t have issues if you’re on Nvidia instead of Radeon, but don’t be surprised if you do.
    - Frame-rate is capped at 62 by default. Altering a config file reveals the real fps limit to be around 200.

Without the technical concerns, Arkham City wouldn’t just be a near-perfect Batman game, but one of the best games ever made. Still, the technical concerns are assuaged by the fact that Arkham City frequently discounts to $5 (or less!) on Steam during sales, where it offers incredible value. Heartily recommended.
  2. Jul 1, 2017
    내가 이게임을 살때는 어 배트맨 게임이니 사야지 이런 덕후의 마음으로 샀지만 그 후 플레이하니 게임성이 훌륭하고 스토리전개도 마음에 쏙들었습니다. 요즘나온 시리즈하곤 비교도 앋될만큼 재밌습니다. 하지만 리메이크 버젼이 나왔으면 하는 바람이네요. 그래픽이 좋아져서요.
  3. Jan 13, 2017
    The definitive game of the Arkham series. Everything from the gadgets, to the missions, to the expansive free roaming city, to challenges, and the plot all work precisely together to make a game that is unquestionably solid through and through. I think maybe my only complaint is just the fact that the riddler campaign that is part of the DLC is so huge I don't know if I'll ever put in theThe definitive game of the Arkham series. Everything from the gadgets, to the missions, to the expansive free roaming city, to challenges, and the plot all work precisely together to make a game that is unquestionably solid through and through. I think maybe my only complaint is just the fact that the riddler campaign that is part of the DLC is so huge I don't know if I'll ever put in the time needed to collect every riddler trophy and finish it 100% -- but that just goes to show you the developers' dedication to making this batman game as massive as possible. Expand
  4. Nov 20, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Прошел Batman Arkham City и, по обыкновению, полез смотреть на ревьюшки. К своему изумлению увидел повальный восторг. Как по мне игра несколько скучновата, и боевка и сюжет и персонажи.

В боевке не понравилось малое вовлечение гаджетов, т.е. ты их можешь использовать, но особого толка от них нет, чисто для разнообразия. Все бои идут в общем то одинаково и после 10й стычки уже нет ничего нового. Врагов требующих особой тактики всего 3,5 штуки: чувак с броней, чувак со щитом, чувак с шокером, плюс чуваки с молотками и толстяки полубоссы (их, наверно, было штуки 3 на всю игру). Жалко, что в боях совершенно не вовлечено окружение, какая нить лужа для электрошокинга или, там, капот машины, которым можно было бы оглушить вражину или фонарь, вокруг которого бэтман мог бы сделать вертушку - столько возможностей...

Формула стелса, как и боевки, тоже довольно статична. Способы решения не сильно меняются по ходу игры, увы.

Сюжет поначалу интригует, но развивается странно:

С самого начала нас озадачивают неким злодейским замыслом под названием "протокол 10", но почти сразу весь фокус переходит на болезнь бэтмана и "протокол" уходит в тень, чтобы всплыть уже в самом конце. То, что он все таки всплыл не удивительно - сия субстанция не тонет. Не, ну правда - разбомбить всех преступников ракетами, для чего их собрать в резервацию? А главный злодей считает этот факт началом захвата мира? Ммм....нет. Ну хоть Джокер наконец помер. Хотя тоже довольно бредово - напал на Бэтмана в последний момент и тот выронил лекарство, которым собирался вылечить Джокера. Чепуха какая то, если честно. :)

Персонажи - ну это бэтман, комикс. Злодеи злодейские, герои геройские. Всё понятно. Серых персонажей одна штука. Да и той не дали сделать свой единственный значимый нейтральный поступок.

По геймплею не очень понравилась гипернасыщенность мира загадками Ридлера, прям за каждым углом что-то зеленое. Как и когда, черт возьми, он умудрился сделать все эти головолмки? Их же сотни! :) Ну и ломать голову, почему не решается головоломка - "или я туплю или просто еще нужного гаджета не дали", не особо радует. Зато радует возможность получить эти загадки на карте, без необходимости заниматься их поиском.

Не знаю, может не распробовал просто. Игра прошлась довольно быстро - 23 часа всего, и это включая тупления над загадками. Может еще попробую на харде и с падом.
  5. Jul 14, 2016
    The best action adventure game from the last 5 years hand down, also adapted from a comic book series, no less!

Story is actually interesting (thanks to Paul Dini - Arkham Knight turned into **** without him), graphics is nicely optimised for PC (you know there are too many bad ports nowadays). AC MIGHT have invented the free flow combat system but Batman Arkham Asylum/City perfected it. Unlike AC you also got many little gadgets to play with and make the fights less mechanical. It doesn't have a lot of collectibles, instead you can explore the city through gliding, complete the riddle puzzles and AR trainings. The only thing I don't like in this game is the abundance of thugs on the street.

I also have to praise Rocksteady for making this game to be comfortably played with both KB/M and a controller! Can't say the same for the other action games.
  6. Jul 6, 2016
    Gameplay : 9
    Graphics : 9
    Story : 9
    Sound : 9
    Overall : 9
  7. May 15, 2016
    This game - my favorite stels game of all. Awesome storyline, gameplay and graphics. I love this game by storyline and stels... I love stels, but there stels - better of all))
  8. Apr 4, 2016
    Having received this as a gift and not being a big comic character gamer, I didn't have high hopes of liking this. But I'm glad to say I was entirely wrong. Fantastic all around! The graphics, voice acting, story, and ability to explore made this a must play game.
  9. Mar 4, 2016
    if you a big fan of batman u should already play this game this is the best game of 2011 for me it had some bad ass cutsceans spectacular voice acting and any great collectebales and one of my favorite villan from mark haml joker he is very awsome villanu can say the good in this game is thegadgets u can used for stealth passing mission a lot of stuffs my favorite boss fight in these gameif you a big fan of batman u should already play this game this is the best game of 2011 for me it had some bad ass cutsceans spectacular voice acting and any great collectebales and one of my favorite villan from mark haml joker he is very awsome villanu can say the good in this game is thegadgets u can used for stealth passing mission a lot of stuffs my favorite boss fight in these game is rash al ghul he is **** awsome the game had an awsome soundtrack all the bosses are awsome in this game it deserve a 10/10 it is masterpiece i will murder who talk a **** thing in these game i finished it 9 times Expand
  10. Feb 22, 2016
    It's simply a masterpiece. Batman Arkham City gets almost everything right. From the excellent combat, to the thrilling story, this game offers so much quality right off the bat (see what I did there?). I could complain that the open-world is not so extensive, but it would be a poor judgment, because this game's open world fits flawlessly. And, this game is not just a simple beat em up, itIt's simply a masterpiece. Batman Arkham City gets almost everything right. From the excellent combat, to the thrilling story, this game offers so much quality right off the bat (see what I did there?). I could complain that the open-world is not so extensive, but it would be a poor judgment, because this game's open world fits flawlessly. And, this game is not just a simple beat em up, it also features different gadgets that are so useful in combat. They open so many possibilities to perform tactics, and that's why the combat works perfectly in this game. It's smooth and satisfying. But, if you like to hide in the shadows, this game also allows you to play stealthy. And, because of the perfectly designed levels, this game allows you to make some awesome stealth tactics. I also enjoyed the story of this game so much. It's pretty intriguing and entertaining. with well-written characters. Joker is awesome in this game, and Mark Hammil voiced this character with passion. I also really liked the ending. So, this is a no-brainer, this game gets a 10/10. It's one of the best games I've every played.
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Story: 9/10
    Graphics: 10/10
    Sound: 10/10
    UI: 10/10
  11. Feb 21, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very great game, buy it!

Pros:
    You are batman
    Catwoman is okay though I don't play as her so much
    Excellent combat

Cons:
    Why did Joker leave?!??
    predator sections are sometimes difficult

but it's still awesome so you must buy it!!
  12. Jan 30, 2016
    Batman: Arkham City is so wonderfully amazing that it makes people who have ever said: "Video games based on comic books will never be good" feel ashamed.
  13. Jan 2, 2016
    Best Superhero game ever. Excellent batman story. Dark atmosphere with excellent combat.

Graphics: 10
    Story: 10
  14. Dec 26, 2015
    Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY
    Genre: Action
    Developer: Rocksteady System: Steam (PC) Total Score: 95/100 Value Score: 9.5/10 • Story: 10/10 • Characters: 10/10 • GamePlay: 10/10 • Graphics: 9/10 • Sound: 10/10 • Music: 8/10 • Length: 8/10 • Replay Value: 10/10 • Player Value: 10/10 Pros +Play as Batman, Catwoman and Robin throughout the different game modes (Robin in
    Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY

• Music: 8/10
    • Length: 8/10
    • Replay Value: 10/10
    • Player Value: 10/10

Pros
    +Play as Batman, Catwoman and Robin throughout the different game modes (Robin in the DLC)
    +Open world mechanics allow you to travel all over Arkham City to do side quests
    +Gain experience from defeating enemies and finishing the story and side quests to level up all sorts of stats, abilities, etc making the game have a RPG feel to it
    +The soundtrack has improved and is a lot more memorable than the first game
    +The addition of the DLC storyline and Catwoman's side story makes the game's length a lot more than the first game
    +Costumes are unlocked and can be used once the game is finished
    +New Game+ mode which brings forth a higher difficulty rating but lets you keep items and upgrades you had gives high replay value to the game
    +There are challenge maps which can be unlocked throughout the game

Cons
    -Some key characters from the first game do not show up or have very little presence in this game
  15. Dec 16, 2015
    Most of the people giving this masterpiece a negative score aren't really judging the game itself. It's laughable really. "Boo-hoo the game erases save-games" "Boo-hoo they delayed the pc version"

This is how you make a Batman game. I have no complaints about it. It's the perfect superhero game with a lot of boss fights, riddles, ass-kicking, etc. I played it when it just came out on

I played it when it just came out on xbox360. Couple years later I finished Arkham Knight on PS4 and something told me it lacked more than City, so I played it again but now on PC and boy, how right I was. This game has a lot more boss fights, different missions and overall better story. Not saying Arkham Knight was bad, but IMO Arkham City > Arkham Asylum > Arkham Knight.
  16. Dec 16, 2015
    The game could have been really good if it was a more focused experience. 5 hours into it I was still trying to remember what gadget and what button does what. The game seem to assume that the player is very familiar with what the various gadget's do. What should have been a very pleasant and fun experience turned out to be quite frustrating. The combat is fun yet repetitive, idem for theThe game could have been really good if it was a more focused experience. 5 hours into it I was still trying to remember what gadget and what button does what. The game seem to assume that the player is very familiar with what the various gadget's do. What should have been a very pleasant and fun experience turned out to be quite frustrating. The combat is fun yet repetitive, idem for the stealth sessions. This game is particularly frustrating, because it can be easily turned into a great little game by simplifying the controls. Why does the electric gadget has three different modes of use? WHY? The developers need to understand that Batman is a casual game and the added complexity does not any depth, rather frustration. Under that thick layer of BS, it is clear that there is a beautiful, fun and rewarding batman experience. A lack of vision and talent turned it into a mess. Wasted potential. Expand
  17. Nov 29, 2015
    Batman Arkham City is the BEST Batman game all time. No doubt. Good story, nice graphics, the fight system is excelent. I am a huge Batman fan, so I am grateful to the developers for this great game.
  18. Nov 24, 2015
    Amazing game, is hard to me to pick one between this and Arkham Asylum. The story is great and the action is great. Rocksteady did a great job. 10 of 10!
  19. Nov 10, 2015
    League of Legends is better . . . . . .. ..

gr.
    .... . . . .. . . .. . . . . .. . . . .. . . . .. . . .. . . . .. . . . .. . .. .uj jh jhj iou
  20. Oct 24, 2015
    I played it for the story, the combat is underwhelming though, enjoyed the puzzles. Everything is really top notch, you can tell its a AAA, but the combat brings it down a couple of points, If your a Batman fan you should check it out, just dont expect much combat wise.
  21. Oct 24, 2015
    Muy buen juego la verdad, le compre en oferta para Steam.

Muy buen juego la verdad, le compre en oferta para Steam.

Cuando le vi me llamo la atención pero también pensé "los juegos basados en películas suelen ser malisimos" pero bueno dejando a un lado la opinión que tenia opte por comprarle, según le instale y empece a probarlo no pude parar de jugarlo hasta pasarmele, cuando lo termine tampoco pude parar de jugarlo hasta tener todo incluso las misiones secundarias, una vez terminado me dije a mi mismo "necesito mas como este que es la caña" y me compre el Asylum por lo que al terminarle segun salio fui de cabeza a por el origins :D no defrauda y es bastante bueno, es el tipo juego que nunca deberia faltar en vuestra biblioteca
  22. Sep 9, 2015
    A good game but a bit disapointing especially in terms of the plot, pacing and the atmophere. Also i don't think that open world did a good thing for this game - Arkham Asylum was great Arkham City only good
  23. Sep 4, 2015
    i meet batman game series first in this arkham city. it has terrific game play and hitting sense. but, i don't know why this game is open world. but diverse weapon and just press X button always fun.
  24. Jul 28, 2015
    Is one of the best superhero game .
  25. Jul 23, 2015
    I found Arkham City to be a strict improvement on the first game and blends straight forward story telling with a unique open world experience. City is one of those games where you can finish the story in ~10 hours or take many many hours to find out all of the Easter eggs and intricacies in the game. The combat is fluid and interactive where every skill you level up has a noticeableI found Arkham City to be a strict improvement on the first game and blends straight forward story telling with a unique open world experience. City is one of those games where you can finish the story in ~10 hours or take many many hours to find out all of the Easter eggs and intricacies in the game. The combat is fluid and interactive where every skill you level up has a noticeable difference on how you can approach combat scenarios.

Once I started this game I simply could not put it down and I honestly believe this is one of the most outstanding games in recent memory. The port in the only downside to ANY of these heavily combat based games that are clearly meant for controller but using a keyboard and mouse wasn't a terrible experience.

Score: 9/10 almost perfect except for the port!
  26. Jul 8, 2015
    This is a best game ı have ever played.Everthing is perfect.If you are a batman fan, you should buy it.I wanna talk about ingame.

-Atmosphere was perfect.While you are playing, you feel the Gotham. -Side missions are good. -Story was perfect.I have never expected Hugo Strange who become powerful enemy. -Boss fights are perfect.My favourite boss fight is against Ra's Al Ghul.

-Atmosphere was perfect.While you are playing, you feel the Gotham.
    -Side missions are good.
    -Boss fights are perfect.My favourite boss fight is against Ra's Al Ghul.
    -Strikes are better than Aslyum.I made over 100 that isnt hard to make.
    -Dlc's are perfect.Harley Quinn dlcs is very good.
    -Catwoman,Robin,Nightwing.These are extra heroes that you can play challenges mode or campaign.But you play Catwoman on the main story.
    -Buy and enjoy :)
  27. May 29, 2015
    the game and cool to the graphic and beautiful and realistic too mano sky controls are perfect and what horrible and the gameplay but still a good game
  28. Apr 22, 2015
    No Doubt, this is the best batman game ever, awesome graphics and physics, with great story
    i finished it 3 times, you can feel batman while playing, even cat woman is great,
  29. Jan 31, 2015
    Simply one of the bests games ever. The graphic quality allies with an increible soundtrack, to give you an extensive and atmospheric adventure full of riddles, puzzles, enemies and acts. Probably one of the bests games ever.
  30. Jan 25, 2015
    Batman Arkham City-a detailed review

Plot summary: Bruce Wayne is kidnapped whilst protesting the use of Arkham City.He is in a super prison called Arkham City where all the super villains are and the worst criminals in Gotham.He investigates Arkham City's dark secrets and discovers a huge project called protacle 10 run by Dr Hugo Strange the owner of arkham city.What is his plan?
    Batman Arkham City-a detailed review

Batman Arkham City is the sequel to Batman Arkham Asylum so those who played the original with be at home with this installment to the arkham series.The gameplay in Arkham City is vastly improved with better animations,more moves and a better upgrade system.

The moves in this game are brilliant,its so satisfying to smash a thugs skull in.You can upgrade your amour and moves.You can also upgrade your gadgets to which is a great addition to the game.Like the original the mood set for the game is dark,gritty and dirty.

Which is a good thing because that works best for Batman,especially in a game like this.

The map is much bigger,as the title suggests its a city so is bigger better? Well yes it works,with a variety of side missions,thugs all over and lots of buildings it improves from the original.Its a bigger better game that overall is a great play trough

DLC:
    The DLC for this game is great,there a Batman skins,more challenge maps and a separate story but connected to the main one where you play as robin-Harley Quinns revenge,but only play this if you have completed the main story as it has lots of spoilers,it wont make sense either if you don't complete the main story.

Overall Arkham City is a great game,I give it a solid 9/10 just as good as the original.Better in different ways.
  31. Jan 1, 2015
    A great action/adventure game and a game you have to have on your shelf. It has a good story. Great gameplay and a great,dark,mature atmosphere to it.You play as Batman trying to stop the crime of prince himself-the Joker as he spreads havoc through Arkham city the super prison. Good game.
  32. Dec 13, 2014
    If you have a powerful PC.play it
    If you don't have a powerful PC.lower the settings and play it
    If you have a family.move out of your house and play it
    If you have a girlfriend.dumps her and play it

AND FINALLY.....I'm Batman
  33. Nov 24, 2014
    Where do I start? It's a true gem that has little to no flaws whatsoever. The graphics are superb, the story is great, the voice acting is amazing, the gameplay is a spot on. In short, it's a true joy to play.

The game revolves around a small section of Gotham City, known now as "Arkham City", where gangs and thugs seem to have free-run of there own little slice of Gotham. It allows much greater freedom than Arkham Asylum did - and is all the better for it. You start with all the abilities and gadgets that you picked up in the previous game, and unlock a ton more too. As such, it may have a steep learning curve for people that did not play the previous game, but once you get into it, it's fluid, responsive and great fun.

Upgrades to your Batsuit and character(s) abilities are bought with XP, that is earned fighting thugs - and you are rewarded for slick moves, long combos and variety. You can also quick-fire gadgets during combat, adding another really cool addition to the game.

Jimbo Rating: 9/10
  34. Nov 13, 2014
    Intro:
    Didn't expect much from Batman. (wrong)
    Batman Arkham City bring a whole different meaning to 3rd person, Action Brawler, Heroic, Comedy and Openworld.

Graphic:
    Highest Settings
    750ti and Up

The Bad
    Physx was hardly noticeable
    Loading Screens
    Timer
    Same Minion Voice overs
  35. Nov 8, 2014
    This game is an absolute triumph with near flawless execution. Gameplay and story are combined seamlessly to make not just the greatest superhero game ever made, but one of the greatest games of all time.
  36. Oct 22, 2014
    I'M BATMAN. That's pretty much exactly how one feels playing this game. Mix a great storyline with a formidable amount of villains and Arkham City is what you get. One of the best games of it's generation.
  37. Oct 4, 2014
    Terrible field of view which has not been upgraded from the console made it unplayable for me. I game on a PC because I cannot stand to play any game with a perspective that feels like I am trying to watch the action through a slot designed to post mail through.

Clearly a lot of effort went into this but they failed to deal with the most important issue rendering all the effort ultimately pointless. I don't buy games on a PC to be experience games with limitations imposed by console hardware.

Apart from that I found the combat very dull indeed. I know these games are all very much reskins of the same thing when it comes to combat but this compares very badly even with similar games such as Shadows of Mordor which has far more immersive combat despite essentially being a similar console trype RPG lite formula.

Extremely poor and a good example of why PCs are currently coming back into vogue. Got this for 5 Euros in a Steam sale or I wouldn't have bothered and it wasn't even worth that.

Very cinematic and probably more aimed at real batman fans. Some good voice over work, character development and the usual upgrades on console graphics but still a poor port as it was ultimately unplayable for me.
  38. Sep 30, 2014
    This game is just simply one of the finest and funnest experiences you will ever have the pleasure of playing. I am 41 years old and never thought I would see myself playing a Batman game. However, after hearing just how amazing the combat system was and how great a game it was from every standpoint, I had to try it. I loved it so much, I finished it. So much fun! There are just too manyThis game is just simply one of the finest and funnest experiences you will ever have the pleasure of playing. I am 41 years old and never thought I would see myself playing a Batman game. However, after hearing just how amazing the combat system was and how great a game it was from every standpoint, I had to try it. I loved it so much, I finished it. So much fun! There are just too many things to like about this game. From gliding and kicking people, to swinging from rooftop to rooftop. Mark Hamill is AWESOME as the Joker and the graphics are just amazing. This game has a fun factor that just can't be matched by very many other games besides Bioshock Infinite, or Just Cause 2. If you like awesome hand to hand combat, cool gadgets and high flying action that is on a whole other level. This game has it all! A true pleasure to play and I would recommend it to anyone in a heartbeat. I had a blast playing it! Expand
  39. sft
    Sep 8, 2014
    Oh boy, not quite such a wonder

Oh boy, not quite such a wonder

Arkham Asylum was a groundbreaking game for me. I loved the atmosphere, the varied and highly imaginative gameplay, the problem solving, and the superbly animated and free-flowing combat. It was engrossing, compelling, and had a far better storyline than most games. ARKHAM CITY promised more of the same and I looked forward to it immensely. Well it delivered in some respects but disappointed in many. The overarching fault with CITY is that Rocksteady have crammed too much into one game. It’s the game equivalent of bloatware. Combat is less fluent due to too many new moves, some of which you are forced to use. The short, somewhat underwhelming main story is interrupted too often by side missions and the ridiculously numerous riddler challenges and trophies. And the open world structure, coupled with the often intrusive side missions, diminish the sense of urgency in the narrative. There are also too many villains jammed into one story. It may seem odd to criticise something for doing too much but sometimes less really is more. On the plus side you get to play as Catwoman and Robin as well as Batman (in the GOTY edition) and some of the enhancements do improve gameplay. In conclusion, CITY is a good game and is fun to play, but it’s not as impressive as Rocksteady’s admirable original. Oh, and good luck trying to get at all 440 Riddler trophies!
  40. Sep 4, 2014
    "Arkham City" is great,period. This game really managed to deliver although "Arkham Asylum" was a tough one to follow. They did it again with this one. A really enjoyable game that will satisfy you both as a Batman fan and as a gamer.
  41. Aug 27, 2014
    If batman arkham asylum was amazing, what can i do about this one, all the essencials are there, and it have a much larger city with a lot of side quests and riddles.If you are a batman fan you should stick to it, and if youre not stick whit it anyway.
  42. Aug 26, 2014
    This game is jaw-dropping in every way. If you are a fan of Batman in any way, pick this up. Especially if you used to watch the animated series. Voice acting is superb.
  43. Aug 13, 2014
    Great story. Detailed characters. Outstanding voice acting. Beautiful graphics even on DX9. Don't bother with DX11 as it will lag you to death, not worth the minor graphic improvements. The game will lag/hiccup anyway when gliding around the city, so try your best to ignore it cause the rest of the game is GREAT. Smooth fighting and counter-attack animations. PhysX is a nice luxury forGreat story. Detailed characters. Outstanding voice acting. Beautiful graphics even on DX9. Don't bother with DX11 as it will lag you to death, not worth the minor graphic improvements. The game will lag/hiccup anyway when gliding around the city, so try your best to ignore it cause the rest of the game is GREAT. Smooth fighting and counter-attack animations. PhysX is a nice luxury for capable PCs. The only reason I'm not giving it a solid 10 is because of the random hiccups. I recommend it over any console version Expand
  44. Aug 13, 2014
    Much, Much better story line and great side missions, compared to Arkham Asylum. Got rid of the crazy WASD movements required in Asylum when battling some of the big bosses on a PC. This version is a un-sophisticated imitation of Assassin's Creed, so it does have an interesting aspect and since it takes place throughout all of the city (instead of the previous one which was just in anMuch, Much better story line and great side missions, compared to Arkham Asylum. Got rid of the crazy WASD movements required in Asylum when battling some of the big bosses on a PC. This version is a un-sophisticated imitation of Assassin's Creed, so it does have an interesting aspect and since it takes place throughout all of the city (instead of the previous one which was just in an asylum) it makes it much more enjoyable. Still, I wouldn't pay $60 full price, anything under $30 is worth the game-to-value ratio. Expand
  45. Aug 6, 2014
    Much like its predecessor, Arkham City's production quality is stellar in every regard. This is the kind of game that makes it all seem so easy. The only way it could be better is by taking on more genres.

This game might not be for everyone, but it certainly is for most people. If you can appreciate a beat 'em up game with simple controls, this game will give you the most polished game experience there is. This game effortlessly captures the holy grail of games: something that is easy to pick up, gradual in its refinement and hard to master.

Technically, this game deserves a 10/10. The only reason I don't do that is because I've seen better in Arkham Asylum. I'm splitting hairs here, but the combat system in Batman:AC feels slightly less in your control than in Batman:AA.
  46. Jul 30, 2014
    Less is more when it comes to the Batman games. The game plays very similarly to Arkham Asylum and that's no bad thing. However the changes made are in many cases to the detriment of the game. In AA you start with only a few gadgets and slowly build them up. In AC you have all the original's gizmos and accumulate even more. The thing is, you end up with so much stuff that you barely useLess is more when it comes to the Batman games. The game plays very similarly to Arkham Asylum and that's no bad thing. However the changes made are in many cases to the detriment of the game. In AA you start with only a few gadgets and slowly build them up. In AC you have all the original's gizmos and accumulate even more. The thing is, you end up with so much stuff that you barely use some of the items at all. A similar thing happens with the combat, there are so many tricks and combos that some of the terrific flow that developed with the first game gets lost as you become spoiled for choice and the new stuff isn't integrated as well as the original moves. The open world of Arkham City is not as good as the more focused world of Arkham Asylum. It just means you have to grapple that much further between missions. I think this is still a good game but with Asylum Rocksteady made an almost perfect superhero game while Arkham City feels a bit overblown Expand
  47. May 22, 2014
    This game is just as good as the first one in every regard. The only problem was the Games for Windows Live DRM, which has since been removed from Batman.
  48. May 14, 2014
    There are no superhero games to get this far ratings...Arkham CIty's content was really deep and well written...it has mediocre free roam , awesome combat mechanics and the right flexibility to fit as the game of year
  49. Apr 24, 2014
    This is one of the best games ever. I love it because it is the sequel to the really great game, but for me is this better. Because Arkham City is bigger then Arkham Asylum and it is really perfect for me.
  50. Mar 20, 2014
    Arkham City is a curious piece of work. It stands at the junction of linear campaign and sandbox, comicbook and mature fiction, button smasher and stealth game. It is for this reason that I think it's extremely difficult to judge the real value of this game from a design perspective. It really didn't fit into any category we had at the time when it came out. And it's not a surprise to sayArkham City is a curious piece of work. It stands at the junction of linear campaign and sandbox, comicbook and mature fiction, button smasher and stealth game. It is for this reason that I think it's extremely difficult to judge the real value of this game from a design perspective. It really didn't fit into any category we had at the time when it came out. And it's not a surprise to say that 2 years after its release, no game has really succeeded it yet. It's a strange, unique game, to say the least. Arkham City contains the DNA of its predecessor, Arkham Asylum, but at the same time, the other half of its DNA is that of a sandbox game, a la GTA. In hindsight, the linear campaign portion was lackluster, but it was what we were all looking forward to, so it was necessary. Also sandbox technology at the time was not complete enough to carry a game on its own. But even then, what ended up happening was that although the sandbox elements were often overshadowed by the linear campaign, what really elevated this game to one of the absolute greatest games of all time was its sandbox design. So, Arkham City does suffer from a mild identity crisis. But in the moments where it decides it wants to be a full fledged sandbox game, it really shines, as the only well crafted non-fps action sandbox game ever made. Rocksteady's stated goal for the Arkham trilogy was to take the foundations of Arkham Asylum and expand it in scope and detail with each iteration. They showed with Arkham City that they are more than capable of doing that. Expect Arkham Knight to blow your expectations out of the water, as this next iteration of the Arkham sandbox should have a good chance of surpassing Skyrim and GTA V. Expand
  51. Mar 14, 2014
    Batman: Arkham City, the definitive Superhero game! (In my opinion)

Pros:
    Stunningly fantastic visuals and effects
    Perfect Voice acting
    Lots of side missions
    Excellent and well paced combat

Cons:
    The world is slightly too small

Despite the slightly small open-world, this game has everything you would expect from a superhero game!
  52. Feb 24, 2014
    Simply horrible, linear to the extreme, just horrible experience.
    Extremely "stupidified" gameplay for non demanding players.
    This is the most disappointing game I had ever played.
  53. Feb 16, 2014
    Simply an amazing game. Large open map with a great storyline, impeccable voice acting, great graphics, amazing sets, wonderful gadgets and the COMBAT - UNBELIEVABLY GOOD!

Arkham Asylum was good, this is near perfect. The voice actors are now comfortable with their roles unlike the initial parts of asylum where Batman in particular sounds stiff. But in City - he nails it! The voice of Joker is perfect as is Harley.

The DLC (or Game of the Year Edition which has all the DLC) is a wonderful addition - playing as Catwoman and briefly as Robin is incredible fun. I am a big Robin fan so my only gripe is that I didn't get to play as him more!

I don't give out a lot of 10/10 ratings but this game definitely deserves it!
  54. Jan 22, 2014
    Las segundas partes dicen que siempre son malas o inferiores a las primeras, en este caso esto no es cierto, supera casi en todo al primer juego, Las peleas son mucho mejores, la ciudad es inmensa y el doblaje es muy bueno. Sus puntos fuertes es la duración (sobretodo por las misiones secundarias) y la diversión de jugar a este juegazo. Sus puntos débiles son, la ciudad no tiene vida,Las segundas partes dicen que siempre son malas o inferiores a las primeras, en este caso esto no es cierto, supera casi en todo al primer juego, Las peleas son mucho mejores, la ciudad es inmensa y el doblaje es muy bueno. Sus puntos fuertes es la duración (sobretodo por las misiones secundarias) y la diversión de jugar a este juegazo. Sus puntos débiles son, la ciudad no tiene vida, parece estar muerta y siempre es de noche y nevando. En conclusión: es un juegazo imprescindible para cualquier buen gamer y que aunque tiene algunos puntos flacos no deja de ser una verdadera obra maestra, lo recomiendo totalmente. Expand
  55. Dec 31, 2013
    All good. But ...
    Cloud storage is a save problem.
    Save twice disappeared.
    Now and again ...

.... With the exception of it
    Good graphics, good story, configured to be well-structured ...
    two times disappeared the save, but it is reason to be again.
  56. Dec 29, 2013
    The best game I've played this year. I like the 3D model of the characters and the combat which is responsive and of rhythm. Apart from the common elements in an action game, it turns like a puzzle game when you collect riddler's trophies and a stealth one when you enter a room full of armed enemies.
  57. Dec 24, 2013
    This Game is Brilliant.
    U get to be Batman
    U get a huge world to roam
    U get the best combat system present at this time
    U get a Great Storyline
    U get a lot of unlockables and trophies

Just a complete Package of a Superb Game
  58. Dec 21, 2013
    I liked Arkham Asylum the story, the gameplay and the general atmosphere really made you feel like The Dark Knight.

Arkham City is an improvement in pretty much every aspect. Not as cramped and limiting as it's predecessor and with new and innovative challenges within a carefully constructed open cityscape this was the game where The Bat truly got to unfold it's wings and show it's

Arkham City is an improvement in pretty much every aspect.

Not as cramped and limiting as it's predecessor and with new and innovative challenges within a carefully constructed open cityscape this was the game where The Bat truly got to unfold it's wings and show it's full potential. The story is even better than in Arkham Asylum and it will draw you in and keep you going until the end and then the end will leave you begging for more.

Definitely my favourite of the series so far even though Arkham Origins holds some improvements it's not by far as innovative and immersing as this game was compared to it's predecessor.

9/10 almost perfect as far as I'm concerned.
  59. Dec 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of my favorite games I've played this year. It came in a humble bundle i bought and i just started playing it, but then i found out how amazing this game is, i've played quite a lot of it now till after the point where you encounter ra al ghul and the only reason i stopped playing it is when i had to sleep (or when i was stuck and ragequitted ;p) Expand
  60. Dec 1, 2013
    This is without a doubt one of the best computer games I have ever played. The atmosphere, immersion, darkness and feeling that you actually do become the Dark Knight is intense. The combat is challenging, gaining of new abilities and gadgets rewarding and just the fact that you can actually explore Arkham/Gotham city is amazing. Hunting bad guys in the dark, striking from above, seeingThis is without a doubt one of the best computer games I have ever played. The atmosphere, immersion, darkness and feeling that you actually do become the Dark Knight is intense. The combat is challenging, gaining of new abilities and gadgets rewarding and just the fact that you can actually explore Arkham/Gotham city is amazing. Hunting bad guys in the dark, striking from above, seeing the fear and responses from the NPCs. Pure awesome. This is undoubtedly a classic, even in years to come. I could go on. The only thing I wish were available is a save game system, but I guess you can't have everything. If you played Arkham Asylum and want more freedom, get this. If you even remotely like Batman, get this. If you don't like Batman, still get this, because you will learn to love him. Expand
  61. Nov 26, 2013
    Aside from a few crashes and slowdowns, the game itself is perfect. It captures Batman in all his wondrous glory. I know I'm easy to please, but this game really is this good.
  62. Nov 25, 2013
    If not for the Skyrim, this could have been a contender for the best game of 2011. Improving on the previous Batman game (Arkham Asylum) and adding new content to it, it's a must play if you're a fan of Batman (and even if you're not). The only bad thing I can say about it is the few bugs and glitches.
  63. Nov 20, 2013
    Arkham City brought back what we loved about Asylum and opened up the world a little bit more! I probably preferred Asylum because it was a completely new experience at the time; but getting the opportunity to play as Catwoman and Robin in Arkham City was a major benefit! Overall, the city looks great, the combat is still flawless and it’s really an all-round incredible game! I don’t careArkham City brought back what we loved about Asylum and opened up the world a little bit more! I probably preferred Asylum because it was a completely new experience at the time; but getting the opportunity to play as Catwoman and Robin in Arkham City was a major benefit! Overall, the city looks great, the combat is still flawless and it’s really an all-round incredible game! I don’t care for Batman, in any respect, outside of these video games because I just don’t like super hero comic based stuff; but I thoroughly enjoy these games and Arkham City was one of the most enjoyable titles I have ever played! Expand
  64. Nov 6, 2013
    Arkham City took everything that was great about Asylum and made it better. It's story is more involved, the game play is improved, and it's got tons of replay value. Arkham City is an all around great game!

If you're a Batman fan, you HAVE to play this game!
  65. Nov 6, 2013
    Great story with a great graphic and great control. The sequel from Arkham Asylum. The best game of super hero. I just loved it. The only cons is when DX 11 is activated, the game got a lot performance penalty.
  66. Nov 5, 2013
    Rocksteady, after reviving our hopes in superhero games with Arkham Asylum, have dreamt big: bringing the well established Dark Knight formula to open world. A task that first sounded too great even after everything the developer has given us in the first game. Fear not, they upped the ante.

Our favorite detective is forced to Arkham City occupied by thugs, gangsters, super-villains and Dr. Strange's guards. Initially we only know that he is after Strange who is preparing an experiment, which he calls "Protocol 10". The main plot of the game isn't the strongest we have ever experienced, but diverse enough to keep our heads spinning in every half hour or so. Even if Strange isn't the typical main villain you'd expect from a game like this, the others keep the show running. Boy, and how well. Joker, Two-Face, Penguin are only the most famous ones to recognize. Even the minor villains give splendid performances that will make you feel you're in an action packed DC comic book. Only this time around you're the one who beats up the bad guys. The ending of the game will keep you scratching your head and maybe this time and this time only Rocksteady took on more that they could bear...

The game has excellent graphical representation pushing the unreal engine to it's limits. The older engine sometimes shows it's limits with slowly loading textures and load screens in open areas. However, from artistic perspective it's breathtaking. The realization of Arkham City speaks for itself. Every character villain, hero or supporting cast is realized authentically with care and love that can be seen everywhere in the game. You can read stories about the city or it's unwanted "residents", listen to crazy interviews taped by Strange with the greatest villains that will uncover some of their background stories and let us see what has happened before the place was opened. It's exactly this where the game comes to full circle, not just being a super enjoyable action-superhero game, but a true part of the Batman legacy. The music and voice acting are top notch. Listening to an well composed orchestral piece before hearing Mark Hamill's voice behind The Joker is true joy and no fan could ask for more in that respect.

The freeflow combat introduced in Arkham Asylum returns with an array of gadgets that can be deployed in combat. The combat is so well balanced that it will be easy for everybody to pick up, but very difficult to master as Batman has plenty of moves in his pocket. You can choose to hit or counter each enemy when you are attacked, but there will always be a second, third or eighth move to pull. It's a mechanic that will never get boring even after the 228th enemy. Of course the game will challenge you eventually with more powerful enemies that can't be put down with repeated hitting of one button.

After you are done with the main campaign, which takes about 10 hour to complete, there's literally a dozen thing to do in Arkham City. For one you can explore the story based side quests which are not only cleverly integrated in the game's main story but they are also highly addictive. Of course Riddler made his mark in this game too, so you can try to collect his collectibles of which there is more than 300. If you have done everything in Arkham City (takes around 20-30 hours) there is a game mode called Riddler's revenge which is essentially a task-based-clean-the-room mini-game. You are rewarded with medals based on your successes, but cleaning every room and hitting high score everywhere will take you at least that much as the main game. That adds up around 50+ hours of gameplay for 100% completion. Really the only thing worth of complain here is that when you do everything and I mean everything in Arkham City there isn't anything else to load your save game again. The streets are empty except for some thug groups always spawned in the same spots. Arkham City feels empty; a thing that can be noticed even in the heat of the first walkthrough.

Rating: 94/100; Replay Value: 4/5; To Beat: 8-10 hours (main campaign), 22-25 hours (campaign with collectibles); Played on: normal.
  67. Nov 2, 2013
    Very very great game i don't understand people saying it ruined the sequel! I recommend it to everyone interested in batman and who enjoyed arkham city.
  68. Oct 24, 2013
    Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition:

A sequel to the highly-rated Batman: Arkam Asylum that was released about 2 years back Running on the same Unreal Engine 3.0, very little has changed.. Arkham City provides the player with a different UI, newer gadgets, abilities, better graphics (Duh..) and a more enriched storyline. I would say that it is a little cherry atop of a
    Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition:

I would say that it is a little cherry atop of a nice and delicious fruit-cake, it could be an expansion instead of a full game. But of course, that is my own personal opinion.

Recommendations/Tips:

1) Play Arkham Asylum before Arkham City, i'll say that it is very important and crucial towards having the full experience of the series. Some of the past events that happened in Arkham Asylum and were mentioned in Arkham City.
    2) Most of the DLCs are just cosmetics and etc. But "Harley Quinn's Revenge" isnt, it is sort of a mini-story followed after the main game's storyline. Just make sure you'd play it after completing the campaign. (GOTY edition)

Estimated Total Playtime:
  69. Oct 20, 2013
    Best superhero game ever. Now when its fully on Steam there is nothing to stop you from playing it right away. Fights will keep you entertained for the whole time, using gadgets is fun. Story is great and referring to all Batman films. You really feel like dark knight when playing this. Awesome!
  70. Oct 19, 2013
    This is easily the best dc hell even the best superhero game of all time the combat is smooth the graphics are stunning and if your an nvidia user you get great physx support.The controls are not that good but hooking up a controller will fix that problem also the game crashed a few times on me and you need games for windows live.The story is fantastic including some of the best batmanThis is easily the best dc hell even the best superhero game of all time the combat is smooth the graphics are stunning and if your an nvidia user you get great physx support.The controls are not that good but hooking up a controller will fix that problem also the game crashed a few times on me and you need games for windows live.The story is fantastic including some of the best batman villains like penguin joker deadshot ect main story last about 25 hours long and with 12 massive side missions and over 400 riddler trophies to collect by solving his puzzels its a must by for any fan of the dark knight. Expand
  71. Oct 16, 2013
    How do you make Arkham Asylum even better? How about throw in an open world and even more progression and another, high grade captivating storyline. Just fantastic.
  72. Oct 9, 2013
    The game is amazing. A huge open world for a game of it's kind, great graphics (and the 3D is something special too), a beautifully put together combat system and some nice varied puzzles throughout the game too. There is plenty to see and do outside of the story, but it is not essential. The DRM up front is a HUGE pain, but once you get past it, you will not regret the effort!
  73. Sep 21, 2013
    I had a great time playing Arkham City. The combat is good and the story is engrossing. However, I did not find the open world elements of the game to be very well done, and a few things about the port could have been done better, namely a few of the menu controls and GFWL.

The story of the game was very good and playing through it was very fun, but I was quite surprised when it came to an end when I only had about 30% completion. There is really no incentive to go anywhere but the main objective, and the theme of the game makes it feel as though the city isn't really somewhere you want to be exploring, but somewhere you should be skulking in the shadows, getting ready for your next move. Because of this, I did not do very many of the side objectives, even the ones that were a part of the story, because they just didn't seem as interesting as actually continuing the story. Also, the storyline makes it seem like you're very short on time, so it is a little immersion breaking to go off on an adventure.

I ended up with about half of the upgrades possible, and I assume that you are meant to have most or all of them by the time the story is done. I think that this is a flaw of the game's design. The open world was not interesting to explore, the main method of travelling through the city is on the rooftops, very disconnected from what is going on below, so there was really no reason to do anything but the story nothing else garnered my interest.

I have had no problems with the PC port, performance has been great on maxed out settings, graphics are amazing, and most of the controls are great. The places where I think controls could have improved are in the key bindings to switch between gadgets. It was hard to try to remember which gadget was on which key, and scrolling through them was a bit inconvenient with there being so many. The other controls that I didn't like were the map controls, especially for things like changing the objective. The ke bindings should always be focused around the standard way of playing games WASD, space, and mouse, as well as the surrounding keys. Enter and backspace really shouldn't be used much if at all.

The only other complaints I have are GFWL and the loading screen. GFWL is just annoying DRM that the game doesn't benefit from, and I think that everyone would be happier without it. The last thing is that when you start up the game, you have several unskippable credits for the developers and such. On every other game that I play, these are skippable. It's a bit annoying that they aren't on Arkham City when I want to play the game, I don't want to also have to watch the credits for the umpteenth time.

Overall, I loved the game. It had a few things wrong with it, but nothing that actually detracted from the experience of playing it. From my playthrough of the game, I would give it a 10/10, but with the problems outside of what I experienced, mainly the fact that I didn't experience them, and because of the other small annoyances, I give it a 9/10 overall.
  74. Sep 19, 2013
    While this is a solid game with an interesting world to explore and the return of many memorable villains from the Batman universe I can't help but feel it missed the mark when compared to Arkham Asylum. It feels like the developer overextended themselves and the 'open world' can feel a bit too open, forcing the player to slog through previously visited areas while searching for the nextWhile this is a solid game with an interesting world to explore and the return of many memorable villains from the Batman universe I can't help but feel it missed the mark when compared to Arkham Asylum. It feels like the developer overextended themselves and the 'open world' can feel a bit too open, forcing the player to slog through previously visited areas while searching for the next goal marker. The riddler aspect is also stretched too thin with too many trophies (both for batman and catwoman) to find. The visual riddler puzzles also fall short as they don't work well in such a huge environment. Expand
  75. Sep 16, 2013
    Looking at the reviews of this game its easy to see and i know from personal experience that DX11 doesnt work on the game in its original form. but once you get a patch for it the game is a beauty. One of the best games ever made.
  76. Sep 11, 2013
    Batman Arkham City is way better than his predecessor. The gameplay mechanics has been improved, the combat system has been refined, and it's pretty hard if you play it on the max difficulty.

The villains are very characterized, and the story is great (I loved the gothic atmosphere). The world is not huge, but you're free to explore it between the main missions. From a technical

From a technical point of view the game is just amazing. I'd definitely recommend to buy this game.
  77. Sep 3, 2013
    One of my favorite games of all time is even better on PC. The Dx11 stuff is kinda of a bummer, although you can still get good FPS if you get the settings right. Luckily, Nvidia's geforce experience will set the optimal settings for you now, so download that if you haven't.
  78. Sep 1, 2013
    The game's great.The controls are easy to master.The gameplay's amazing.The fightsyles are superb. The scenery's great so do the gadgets...I am stunned Looking forward to Batman Arkham Origins.Actually it is really easy though to install the windows live..which is at first u must install the game files then copy all the xlive files from sysWow64 folder and paste it to system 32 Then copyThe game's great.The controls are easy to master.The gameplay's amazing.The fightsyles are superb. The scenery's great so do the gadgets...I am stunned Looking forward to Batman Arkham Origins.Actually it is really easy though to install the windows live..which is at first u must install the game files then copy all the xlive files from sysWow64 folder and paste it to system 32 Then copy only xlive.dll to system folder.Then launch the game.If u can play it but can't save it close the game. Then install windows live marketplace(Note:never save the setup run it and then u are free to play the game to the core. Expand
  79. Aug 15, 2013
    Never have I felt like such a complete bad ass as when I play this game! The great story, deep characters, beautiful environment and fluid combat mechanics all blend together for a perfect game! Any fan of Batman would must play this game!
  80. Jul 26, 2013
    Terrible performance, slow loading, clunky steering. The riddles involving a specific frequency on the sequencer are impossibly frustrating with a mouse. Not a fun experience. Add to that the GFWL...
  81. Jul 17, 2013
    Great game. Very enjoyable story and I loved all the characters they used even though some seemed to be randomly thrown in. Side quests were pretty entertaining as well.
  82. Jul 11, 2013
    Cool story cool gameplay mechanics (very well done) good interface great seeing batman's enemies how they were meant to be scene altogether was a very good game. The main story line could've been longer and could've had more side missions (aside from Riddler's which seems to have more than the main story itself but isn't rewarding enough having to do so many puzzles and stuff just to goCool story cool gameplay mechanics (very well done) good interface great seeing batman's enemies how they were meant to be scene altogether was a very good game. The main story line could've been longer and could've had more side missions (aside from Riddler's which seems to have more than the main story itself but isn't rewarding enough having to do so many puzzles and stuff just to go save the next captive. Graphics and sound was great and again gameplay mechanics were done VERY well. Expand
  83. Jul 11, 2013
    Batman Arkham City is a spectacular game with serious difficulty issues. Tons of villains (Poison Ivy, Joker, Catwoman, Two-Face, Mr. Freeze, etc.) are in the game. The setting is great, and I can tell the developers really thought it through. The weather is constant, the snow looks and seems cool. There is a lot to do on the side, such as collecting trophies and finding hostages, etc. TheBatman Arkham City is a spectacular game with serious difficulty issues. Tons of villains (Poison Ivy, Joker, Catwoman, Two-Face, Mr. Freeze, etc.) are in the game. The setting is great, and I can tell the developers really thought it through. The weather is constant, the snow looks and seems cool. There is a lot to do on the side, such as collecting trophies and finding hostages, etc. The plot is very well done too! The difficulty issues are that sometimes the game is very easy, and sometimes it is VERY hard. Batman doesn't kill, so if you do a "drop attack" and afterwards have to run, the enemy will get right back up again, good as new. The game tries to work far too many key combinations into the game. Evading a electric-baton wielder means that you have to press right-click and two space bar presses. I can't think or act that fast in the midst of fighting, Rocksteady! Arkham City really emphasizes the power of guns. I rarely went fists-blazing with gunman around. You really feel like you ARE Batman in this game. 9/10, well done! Expand
  84. Jul 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. the best game till date....all in one stealth,action,trick,suspense...all in one package...only dissapointment was the riddle trophy which was perhaps to much and sometime boring.but overall the game set a class for all game lovers.action on the other hand was superb.music was awsome too.and the best part was the checkpoint were at evry incident.so even if your game is over you don't have to start the game from very ago.
    the suspense were also kept so gr8 that you will not even escape any cutscene.
  85. Jun 17, 2013
    the first game was really good but this one is perfect it is one of my favourite games of all time this game is so damn good in every aspect and you'll finally see an end to the long battle between Batman and joker i highly recommend this game
  86. May 8, 2013
    I first heard about this game through a friend who highly recommended it to me and after five minutes I was hooked.

This game brought everything I wanted and more to the table. The action was fantastic, combat was unique to say the least and the stealth (whilst playing on a high difficulty) was very challenging. Arkham City had a great balance between stealth and combat and didn't let up when it came to boss fights.

The story is also what you'd expect from DC, with Batman being the object of the story, it revolves around his absolute willingness to do whatever it takes to let justice prevail and shows what it truly means to be the Batman. I found the plot twist confusing at first but then after a second play through it was inspired.

I would highly recommend this game to anyone who is a fan of Batman on screen or on paper, as it plays to the comic book canon very well.

Batman: Arkham City was easily the best game I played in 2012.
  87. May 3, 2013
    this is a really fun and great game. it feels really unique. the story is great. the story has a lot of vilans from the comics and movies and they are done really great. the voice acting is especially good. the gameplay is unique and different from other games. the only big problem is that the world is too little. you should definetly buy it because its really good!!!!!
  88. May 2, 2013
    This game tries to go beast mode but comes up short many times. There are many cheesy moments with villain cutscenes and multiple instances where you just know that batman would never be in this situation (being trapped in a hole by Penguin without being able to grapple gun out???). The fighting is cool and the stealth fighting is even cooler, making the combat a mixture of buttonThis game tries to go beast mode but comes up short many times. There are many cheesy moments with villain cutscenes and multiple instances where you just know that batman would never be in this situation (being trapped in a hole by Penguin without being able to grapple gun out???). The fighting is cool and the stealth fighting is even cooler, making the combat a mixture of button mashing and strategy. However, this game can be VERY FRUSTRATING if you don't have a controller on PC. There are so many combos and special moves that are almost impossible to perform correctly (average gamer) with a keyboard/mouse setup. I found myself failing to use good moves or knowing how to execute them properly, forcing me to use basic attacks which gets old fast. I would suggest getting your hands on a Xbox 360 controller before buying this game. I would give it a 7 because of how cheesy and frustrating this game can be but come on...ITS BATMAN so he gets an 8. Make sure to pick this up on Steam (i got it for 7.50 on special) to avoid issues found in older copies, etc. It's a good fighter and even better once you figure out how to play effectively. Expand
  89. Apr 30, 2013
    Mediocre at best. Dialogue is plain cheesy and lame, world is small and bland, story is as predictable as that of an average badly done superhero comic and they still left Batman with a frozen mouth whenever he talks in-game. plus the fighting is just plain boring to watch as compared to even a game like Amazing Spiderman that has more spectacular fighting styles.
    If you're a huge Batman
    If you're a huge Batman fan, you'll enjoy this wonderful lackluster game that is at least still better than most other superhero games. If not, stay clear.
  90. Apr 28, 2013
    Technically excellent and with a very rich and entertaining game play, Batman: Arkham City has a weak and predictable plot with poor character development (could say misogynist...). I expected an epic tale for this legend, and not the recurring Batman-Captures-Joker-Joker-Escapes-PIM-PAM-PUM thing...
  91. Apr 26, 2013
    Who dont like this game? That game is work of art. The producers had a perfectionist job.
    the atmosphere is perfect, the face of how the environment should be batman.
  92. Apr 12, 2013
    "Batman: Arkham City" is filled with fun, yet simple content, a lengthy campaign and enough of easter eggs and secrets to make you return to the pretty big Arkham City.
  93. Mar 28, 2013
    GFWL entering the game key several times poor controller support no way to restore your saved game files if you reinstall windows. This is a good game but it comes with too many unnecessary DRM crap, starting with GFWL. This game was deliberately designed to lesson the PC gamer experience. The same as Batman AA. I thought I done my best to know if this game did not use that horribleGFWL entering the game key several times poor controller support no way to restore your saved game files if you reinstall windows. This is a good game but it comes with too many unnecessary DRM crap, starting with GFWL. This game was deliberately designed to lesson the PC gamer experience. The same as Batman AA. I thought I done my best to know if this game did not use that horrible GFWL so I added to my Steam wishlist and someone gifted it to me. Then I found out that it does use gfwl crap, too late. Expand
  94. Mar 22, 2013
    What game can be better than Batman Arkham Asylum? Batman: Arkham City! You really don't have to be a Batman fan to like this game. Roam around Arkham City Batman style? Awesome. Kicking ass with Batman gadgets? Bring it. Punishing different villains with Batman martial arts? Oh yeah!
  95. Mar 14, 2013
    The Arkham formula was cool and fresh in Arkham Asylum. But in Arkham City everything was just bigger, most dispersive, with a very weak plot and the gameplay was the same, attack-attack-dodge-attack-jump on gargoyle-attack-attack.

Very repetitive game, It was sure good, but I found myself pretty bored a lot of times. I hope in the next Arkham game we will see a gameplay evolution because I cannot stand another X-X-gargoyle jump-X-X-dodge all the time.
  96. Mar 10, 2013
    I did not actually want to play this game. I kept seeing excellent reviews for it until I finally cracked and had to try it out. As a 28 year old with an "uncomfort" towards men in tights, I never really had a desire to play a batman game. However, this game blew me away. The attention to detail and amazing polished city made me completely immersed in the role of batman. By the time II did not actually want to play this game. I kept seeing excellent reviews for it until I finally cracked and had to try it out. As a 28 year old with an "uncomfort" towards men in tights, I never really had a desire to play a batman game. However, this game blew me away. The attention to detail and amazing polished city made me completely immersed in the role of batman. By the time I finished this game my greatest complaint was that I still wanted more. It has been an extremely long time since I played a game until the end and was upset it was over.
    This game was done right. ANY gamer can appreciate its amazing world, writing, and game-play.
  97. Mar 9, 2013
    Arkham City takes several leaps forward over Arkham Asylum, but in my opinion, lacks some of what made Asylum so great. The graphics are still amazing, the gameplay is still amazing, it still perfectly captures the Batman experience, it is especially cool to have different skins to play batman and it is really neat to be able to play robin and catwoman. Nevertheless, City lacks some of theArkham City takes several leaps forward over Arkham Asylum, but in my opinion, lacks some of what made Asylum so great. The graphics are still amazing, the gameplay is still amazing, it still perfectly captures the Batman experience, it is especially cool to have different skins to play batman and it is really neat to be able to play robin and catwoman. Nevertheless, City lacks some of the simplicity that made Asylum so well balanced. In Arkham City, there are sooo many little side missions and challenges that it almost detracts from the game. Of course they are optional, but for those of us who like to complete games, it makes the game a bit tedious. Expand
  98. Mar 8, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game. The way it uses the universe's characters is great and as has been remarked in many places, the voice acting of the Joker in particular is great. Having said all that, the best thing for me about the game is the combat. Timing is paramount, the use of the gadgets genuine fun and the feeling of being someone not to mess with are the main things. When in theI really enjoyed this game. The way it uses the universe's characters is great and as has been remarked in many places, the voice acting of the Joker in particular is great. Having said all that, the best thing for me about the game is the combat. Timing is paramount, the use of the gadgets genuine fun and the feeling of being someone not to mess with are the main things. When in the middle of a big combo it almost becomes a rhythm game as you mentally queue things up and plan to take out guy A followed by the guy with the gun and then stun the big titan dude for a while. It put a big smile on my face. As mentioned elsewhere, the DRM sucks massively though Expand
  99. Mar 6, 2013
    Games for Windows Live totally ruined the experience for me. Just wanted to try the game that I got with my GPU and no it wont work. Had to enter my CD-key 3 times, the game crashed 2 times while trying to create a profile, could not save without updating "Games for Windows Live" etc... terrible DRM.
  100. Nov 23, 2011
    This release was rushed, and DX11 Support and tesselation options are horrible. I am an avid, and dedicated PC gamer, and this release is why PC gaming is on the decline in popularity and quality. I truly cant wait for the day to pay 49.99USS for a game and it actualy works, and is fully optimized from launch.

Though the ending is surprising, in a way, the story isn't the main focus of Batman: Arkham City. Exploring and adventuring come first, you have so much to do that you that the hours just slip by you. Yes, the boss fights are probably too easy, the narrative too short, the framerate goes down on occasion and not all the players will appreciate searching through every nook and cranny to find trophies. But it's all up to you and Arkham City offers a variety that not a lot of new games have nowadays.
    The developers should be proud for Arkham City and its precise portrayal of Gotham's mood- at least accordingly to recent films and comic books. A gothic atmosphere is undoubtedly dominant, as the majestic architecture of neoclassical buildings shadows the industrialization and the bright lights of a contemporary metropolis.
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 20, 2012
    It's hard to create an extraordinary game but to recognize it is quite simple. Arkham City with its cinematic appearance towers high above the rest with its production values. [Dec 2011]