7.5

1. Oct 25, 2013
    My fears about new dev team were put to rest as soon as I started to play this game. Excellent original formula renewed with minor additions gameplay-wise, online multiplayer mode (which is actually fun), and quite a strong story makes it a true successor to previous Arkham adventures. I hereby recommend this game to every fan of "Arkham" series, you won't be dissapointed.
  2. Oct 25, 2013
    Played 1.5 hours so far. There are a few minor glitches, but it doesn't detract from the game (if you use a controller and have Synergy it may behave weirdly, just disable synergy or put the other computer to sleep my mouse only went off the left screen). Still set in Arkham City, plus a bit more across the bridge, and the Batcave is there. Still has the same combat. Thus far, they seem to have done well. It's very fun to play and has very good dialogue and story.

I do find it weird having Batman ask who certain villains are, or anyone being like "who's the Batman? You made him up!" or "you're just seeing things!", since we obviously know who Batman is as well as several of the villains that Batman doesn't know yet...

Very glad I got it. You won't be disappointed. Put your fears to rest, they didn't produce a half-assed game.
  3. Oct 25, 2013
    A very familiar game but one that still manages to build on one of the greatest games ever made. Arkham Origins may not add to much to the mechanics department but what it does add works. The story is fantastic and maybe the best of the series. The graphics aren't groundbreaking but they are still very beautiful. The gameplay is tight and riveting. Everything just comes together. If you had any fun with the other games in the series, you do not want to miss this incredible game. Expand
  4. Oct 25, 2013
    Have played this game for 2+ hours on PC now and I must say that it is truly spectacular. Yes, it's not as good as Arkham City but it still lives up to the Arkham name. The game plays very similarly to previous installments but also adds some new features as well. The feeling of having 8 assassins coming after you is compelling and exciting and makes you anticipate the next awesome boss battle. IGN, Machinima and Gamespot may have given lackluster reviews but don't let that sidetrack you from the awesomeness of this game. Those critics always find something to pick on and complain about and I no longer trust in their opinions and have lost faith in their reviews. The game is similar but different and houses an excellent and compelling storyline to go along with it. 10/10 for me so far, and I havent even got up to the good bits yet.... Expand
  5. Oct 25, 2013
    There are no other games like the batman games. The combat mechanics are beyond perfect and the graphics are awe-inspiring.
    Even with all of its great upsides, i have to say this is not much different than Arkham city. Don't get me wrong, it brings new stuff to the table, but I feel like this is just a very large DLC.
    Is it worth the 50$? I would say so. If you're a fan of batman or
    these games (like me) it's worth it.
    Loads of fun, and the characters/story are well developed.
  6. Oct 25, 2013
    No innovation, but who cares. My opinion is that this game is really good. I'm a fan. Not sure what the hell Gamespot is on about with a 6/10. IGN here I come xD
  7. Oct 25, 2013
    Arkham Origins is a fantastic game. It lives upto the legacy of its predecessors and in some cases surpasses them. The first thing fans will notice is that the UI/HUD has been redone and it looks great with a new coat of paint. The game also gives you a cool rating based around what you did in combat.

The combat has also had some tweaks done to it. I find it to be slightly more fast
    paced, the animation sets are much much better and has a greater impact. I also found counters are slightly easier to pull off. The previous titles had an annoying quirk where enemies would strike you even if you'd countered just because you got too close to the cutoff. This helps the combat feel better.

Arkham Origins holds up to the previous titles nicely and while they didn't change the formula or style of the game WB did a great job to ensure the legacy of the series goes on.
  8. Oct 25, 2013
    An excellent game so far! You may be disappointed if you were hoping for something meaningfully different from AA or AC in terms of how it plays, but that's about the biggest downside I can see so far.

I like that the game is paced well and takes its time, and I am definitely enjoying the story. Combat is as excellent as ever, and if you enjoyed the first two games in the series, I
    definitely recommend playing this one!

I can understand why critics aren't as impressed with the game; it doesn't innovate on the series much and it doesn't have a GTA-style open world that feels alive and vibrant, but who cares? It's Batman, with the same quality gameplay and storytelling you've come to expect from the series, and a solid buy for me.
  9. Oct 26, 2013
    a masterpiece, suck the critics the critics are lying to you, this game is a masterpiece, improved and more challenging gameplay, much better and twisted plot, way more side mission, much bigger world, the multiplayer is awful if you play as a normal solider but if you play: batman,bane,joker or robin its becoming a very fun expierience, the best thing about this game is the story, there is a one big twist that will let you say wtf,what was that, the boss fights are great, not like arkham city that all of the boss fights except from the mister freeze fight sucked. the story is even darker and more mature than the last story, this story is mature as the story in arkham asylum, and arkham asylum had a very dark and mature story, in arkham city they made a very good story but it didnt came up to the mature story of asylum, and this one does.
    amazing game dont skip on this one
  10. Oct 26, 2013
    Another great day for PC gaming! What a fantastic day for both PC gaming and Arkham Origins! Everything came together today, we had nVIDIA drivers in WHQL status released before the game, the game supports widescreen resolutions out of the box, and it runs really well too! This is such an awesome game and so enjoyable to play. Congratulations to all involved. Us PC gamers should be proud on this day Expand
  11. Oct 25, 2013
    The cape is finally black, and there are no man panties in sight. Now Rocksteady should learn to make a serviceable Batman by omitting the absurd blue/purple cape and briefs, their Batman design is a walking paradox.
    P.S. The grey belt is nice, keep that too.
  12. Oct 25, 2013
    Best game of the series so far. Best story, biggest world, gameplay improved great. If you liked Arkham City and think a bigger Arkham City with better story and a little polished gameplay: This is for you. And you will get the best Batman Game ever. If you want more than something like an Arkham City 1.5, you should wait for a budget version oder skip it. I thinkt it's great. The developers have changed. And the result if new developers are working on a good series is often pretty bad. So I think it is good to see that the series got even better. Even it is not a step as big as it was from Asylum zu City. Expand
  13. Oct 26, 2013
    I wish I could use only a single word for this review it would be "Superb"... This game is amazing just like it's predecessors. It runs incredibly smoothly (even on my weak laptop)... Superb! And to those complaining that it's too much like the other games why change something that works (well)? If they changed it, people probably would've complained about "how different the game is"...Great game. End of story. Buy it. Expand
  14. Oct 26, 2013
    combat is tight
    graphics is tight
    audio and voice work is tight
    his suit is tight
    the story is tight
    The combat is so good, there is no way to change much other then a great story and ui and added multiplayer.
    I mean CoD comes out same thing every year and reviewers dont get all nasty with that junk.
    This is a great game, believe the hype 8)
  15. Oct 25, 2013
    As good as the other games, but graphically superior on ever count. Launch bugs mean I have to mark it down But only very slightly.. Impressive stuff.
  16. Oct 26, 2013
    Very good game, the open world has a ton of detail put into it, the graphics are very nice, the voice acting, while not the original cast of the Arkham games does a great job. My only issue with this game is that they should've play tested it more, it's pretty glitchy. For instance, a kind of game breaking one on the PC version happens when you try to hack the tower in a certain district, and often during combat when preforming blade dodges the game will switch me to using a gadget instead, being very frustrating. The gun deactivating gadget will also sometimes just not work. If they iron out all the glitches with patches this game could really be wonderful. Expand
  17. Oct 25, 2013
    For the same reason I contend that The Dark Knight Rises is the best movie, Arkham Origin's brings everything that you love into one solid package. I refuse to look at the game against it's brethren, there simply isn't any fair way to judge a game in that light. As it's own entry it is smart, keeps things interesting, and features a beautiful combat system. The only place I have to remove a mark in this title is the fact the world as large as it is seems mostly lifeless. The atmosphere is there thanks to the weather, but it would be nice to see some civilians running from the villains that are sprinkled in.

I dare say this could even have added a new mode to the game or been integrated with the Crime in Progress Feature that WB Montreal has introduced. In the end, boss fights are fun, Gotham is realistic looking with some beautiful effects on the PC Version, and you still feel like The Dark Knight. Enjoy an early Christmas, this is one of the best gifts I've received yet. I'll take more of the same any day!
  18. Oct 25, 2013
    Its jsut awesome, im enjoing this much more then i didi to AC and AA. Batman is absolute badass, enemies are tough o nhard difficalty and fighting overall looks better. Graphics are impressing. I recomend this game to everyone
  19. Oct 27, 2013
    (First sorry my English) This game is essentially more of the same, it means, it's more of the same perfection! Could not be better IMO! Everything I wanted from the game developers! I salute WB Montreal for being respectful for the previous games. The acting is perfect, they combat is perfect, the boss fights are perfect, the sound is perfect, the interface is perfect. Definitely worth every penny! Expand
  20. Oct 25, 2013
    As a huge Batman fan, I have spent hundreds of hours soaring through Arkham City. Upon visiting Arkham Origins, I was pleasantly surprised. An immense beautifully detailed world, amazing characters, stunning voice acting and adrenaline pumping combat, "Batman™: Arkham Origins" manages to deliver both nostalgia and thrill in a wonderfull edition to a now even greater franchise. 10/10.
  21. Oct 26, 2013
    Perfect designing, combat system, free roam and story the things I miss tough is the Enigmas riddles. The voice over on Batman and Joker is really good.
  22. Oct 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is great, it has almost all of the qualities of the previous batman games, yet there is something missing in the world making it a slight disappointment. That is there is a lack of things to find throughout the world. This is the only thing that made arkham city feel like the world had life and without it origins world feels empty, as much as I would have liked it to be a living and breathing world both origins and arkham city did not accomplish this, but in origin it feels missed more especially without the easter eggs and constant references to other villains and characters that was in arkham city Expand
  23. Oct 27, 2013
    I am a huge fan of the Arkham games, and even though this game comes from a different developer, I gotta say that this is a great game and a worthy addition to the Arkham franchise. Story: The story is absolutely fantastic. The game takes place about 5 years before Arkham Asylum. You play as a younger, less refined Batman trying to find and stop Black Mask who put a bounty of 50 million dollars on Batman's head, which automatically attracts 8 of the most talented assassins in the DC universe like Deathstroke, Deadshot and Bane.
    Even though the title says "Arkham Origins", it doesn't have anything to do with Arkham, and it's definitely not an origin story. In this game, Batman meets his ultimate adversary, The Joker, for the first time, and many other villains and allies as well.

Gameplay:
    Despite the fact that this is not Rocksteady who developed the game, it shouldn't come as a surprise that the core mechanics and the gameplay are exactly the same as Arkham City's, simply because Rocksteady's work is remarkable and irreplaceable, and it should never be changed. There's a few new gadgets, and I have one minor complaint about the new Shock Gloves that I don't like the idea of because it's too overpowered. You are able to clear a room full of guys in matter of seconds with those. Good thing is, you get them pretty late in the game and they need to recharge. Aside from a few new types of enemies and the new gadgets, everything is the same, and that's good. You don't try to fix something if it's not broken. You don't need to innovate when you already have the perfect gameplay that was in the previous games.

Visuals:
    The visuals are excellent, and are slightly better than Arkham City's.
    The game has a lot of bugs though, and some of them are extremely annoying and sometimes they will not let you continue in your mission. For example: I encountered a major frame rate bug near the end of the game, even though my computer was able to run the game on maximum settings smoothly. I eventually managed to fix it.
    Aside from that, the animations look great and fluid, except for the weird lip movement in dialogue scenes (not cinematic). About the bugs, I believe there will be a patch soon that will fix them.

Multiplayer:
    The multiplayer can be fun at times, but it's not polished.
    There are 3 teams, Joker's gang, Bane's gang and Batman and Robin. Both gangs are fighting each other while Batman and Robin need to take both gangs out.
    It has a lot of potential but it's not well executed.
    Still, it's always fun to play as Batman and do inverted takedowns on helpless victims.

Summary:
    Definitely a great addition to the Arkham series like I said, WB Games Montreal did a great job with the writing on this game and the new Batman and Joker voices are a great replacement, especially Joker's which is portrayed by the famous Troy Baker.

I give this game a 9/10, the things that really bothered me were the multiplayer and the great number of bugs, I wouldn't mind waiting a few more days and get a bug free game instead.
  24. Oct 26, 2013
    I am just over 6 hours into the game so far. I loved the previous games, but I felt that the only major difference between AA and AC was that AC was open world. The story in both previous games was great, and so far the story in this game is also great.

In a lot of ways I like the story in this game more. It has a darker tone overall. Batman is new on the scene, the cops and criminals
    don't really know who he is and most even doubt that he exists.

When it comes down to it, AO is more of the same with a few differences and on a larger scale. As far as I am concerned, the same applies to AC as a sequel. I'm not sure why AO is being rated down for this while the same critics praised AC for doing the same.

It's worth bearing in mind that the same critics have praised games like CoD year in, year out for releasing the exact same game, tweaked slightly, not expanded on at all...Go figure. Maybe the reviewers weren't paid off...

The 100 vs 1 mode is an excellent addition to the challenge mode and pretty tough! The combat is as satisfying as ever, and their interpretation of a younger, less experienced Batman is great.

All in all, if you enjoyed the previous games for their puzzles, combat and story, you will enjoy this too, as long as you don't have any unrealistic expectations about it being a dramatic departure from AC. It is mostly more of the same excellent gameplay as before, but with improved visuals and a new and compelling story.

I haven't tried the MP yet, so I can't comment on that, but it isn't why I bought this game...I came for the SP story and the 100 vs 1 combat extravaganza and I haven't been disappointed!
  25. Oct 29, 2013
    For being a prequel to the Arkham series, this really kicks things off with a bang.
    Best story telling out of the series. Phenomenal voice acting. Great graphics, and SUPERB voice acting.
    Oh, and I can't forget the awesome story and even beefier combat system.

Buy all three, and start with this one. It won't let you down.
  26. Oct 26, 2013
    Arkham Origins takes the tried and true formula from the first two Arkham games and twists is just slightly to present a new story and slight challenge for the player. While it is true that this title does not innovate or make any hard changes for the series, it didn't need to. The series was perfect to begin with. Not every games has to reinvent the wheel every year. Some, if good enough, can just keep it moving forward. Expand
  27. Oct 28, 2013
    What can I say? MARVELOUS, that's what I say. Bigger map; now Gotham is your playgroung, not a portion of it, neither just an Asylum. New stuff and gadgets; more approaches available. Cool villains; simply 8 awesome assassins to come across. Interesting boss fights; meaning you won't be boring by only roaming or doing stuff for the main mission. Even better graphics; not much to say here. It's just beautiful. All this implemented in the fine engine Rocksteady left in Warner Bros. Montreal's hands. They kept the good work done by Rocksteady and I don't see in any way a low standard of Arkham Origins compared with its predecessor. The new voice actors did a great job replacing the old ones. Batman's voice is so good you won't even notice the change. The Joker sounds a little bit different, but it's still incredible. So, if you're Batman fan, don't be disappointed by Rocksteady dropping the game in another studio's hands. They stood up for it and made a good game. If you're a fan of the Arkham series, this is absolutely a must play. The PC version can show minor bugs, but not game breaking. Plus, the game is greatly optimized for PC. I got a pretty crappy gaming PC and I just ran the game in a steady 40 fps, with almost everything maxed out. Don't skip this game, please. You're losing an epic adventure. Expand
  28. Oct 28, 2013
    All told, the developers could have just slapped a new coat of paint on Arkham City and watched the money roll in. But they spent the time to make the game stand on its own with the rest of the Arkham series. It is an enjoyable, albeit Deja vu inspiring title. Being a prequel it manages to set up the other two games in the series nicely instead of a cheap cash in ending. I highly recommend it to any fan of the series or Batman fan in general. Expand
  29. Oct 25, 2013
    This game is amazing! I only have a few problems with it. The graphics are incredibly well done. The physics are nice, and over all it's a good game. The problems I have with it, is that countering attacks are difficult to do, and then bugs and glitches, which should be fixed in a patch. I would definitely recommend this to a friend.
  30. Oct 25, 2013
    I don't know what it is, and I might be the minority here, but I am enjoying Arkham Origins more than the previous games. I don't know if it's the story (which is more interesting than the utter confusion that was Arkham City), the slightly different/less cartoonish art design, or the new voice actors:

-I feel like I am experiencing something as Batman in this game rather than playing
    through a predestined story, I know that technically doesn't make sense but I guess feel a sense of purpose in this game that just wasn't there for me in the other games. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the first two games but I felt like I was in Batman's shoes already. In this game he is still learning, he is still building relationships, he doesn't know everything, he is hard on himself, he makes wrong decisions, and he utterly f***s up sometimes. A good example of this would be very early on when Batman has to interrogate someone and he goes overboard and the dude passes out before he can get the information he needs, Batman just goes "Damn" and I feel like that was a genuine response to what just happened.

-The art style is another thing I am digging. The character models look less cartoonish but still have their defining characteristics, and the ambiance is less overbearing in this game (It bugged me a lot in Arkham City). The facial animations for the non-cut scene parts are a lot better now in my opinion. Overall it has a slightly more realistic look but it fits and it's a welcoming design decision.

-My last major point worth mentioning is the voice acting. I, like everyone else, was concerned when I heard the likes of Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill would not be in the game. Then I heard that Troy Baker and Roger Craig Smith would be doing the voices of Joker and Batman. I felt better about it, but I was still on the fence until I heard Troy do the Killing Joke monologue at NYCC and actually played the game and heard Roger's Batman. Bottom line, they're mastering their craft and this game was like getting five stars on a song on expert in Rock Band for them. It was challenging but they stood up to the plate and delivered on all accounts.

-The only problems I've had with the game have been very minor technical issues. The only big one that I just ran into was when I was trapped in a room and had to pull down a vent-cover and grapple up and into the vent. The alignment on where Batman grasps the ledge is slightly off and his hands get stuck and I cant get into the vent, thus being actually stuck in the room. Other than that there was a very strange fluke incident where when I was fighting Killer Croc the game audio cut out entirely and Killer Croc's textures started to flicker.

Final thoughts: I like it, it's grooving to my beat of how I want to play and experience the character of Batman. You might like it, you might not. It is a very technically sound game with great voice acting and a fantastic musical score. If I had to describe it in just a few words I would say Arkham Origins is: A refined, no nonsense, and satisfying experience.
  31. Oct 26, 2013
    If you enjoyed the first two Batman Arkham Games, don't let the "professional" reviews fool you.
    Origins is just as great as the first ones. And has an epic, well writen great storyline.
    Yes, there aren't any great improvements gameplay wise, but why would you need such improvements?
    Who cares?
    So far, i haven't run into technical problems. No crashes or lockups.
  32. Oct 29, 2013
    This game is just epic. The story is the reason I buy these games, and it was really good. Very dark as a batman story always should to be. It explained the psychology of Batman, Joker, and Bane which the previous games didn't do.
  33. Wik
    Oct 27, 2013
    This game took me by surprise. I have the 2 other games in the series. But I found them a little boring.
    This game is much more enjoyable. And the MP is a blast best fun in a long time.
  34. Oct 25, 2013
    Batman Arkham Origins takes the level of excitement present in previous Batman games, and perfects them with a new and perfected system. There has been a vast improvement on game mechanics, including graphics, which are now equally as beautiful and clean as previous games, but do not require a nuclear reactor to run. With any mid-top computer still struggling to run Arkham City, this game is a vast improvement. Storyline is gripping and improving, however I am only part way through, it has kept me on the edge of my seat the whole way through. There is very little room for criticism, except possibly the stale fighting mechanics, which haven't really improved much upon previous games. Expand
  35. Oct 27, 2013
    This game is getting a lot of crap for being "more of the same", but not only is that not a bad thing, it's not really true. It's true that the game doesn't make massive strides over City like City did over Asylum, but that's mostly because City basically perfected the core combat and predator mechanics, and if you try to mess with that you're likely to do a lot more harm than good. Regardless, this game introduces several new gadgets (which are much better than the ones they're replacing from AC, imo), an entire new portion of the city to explore, an entire new game mechanic in case files, and several more subtle differences, mostly in the way of leveling up and in-game achievements/challenges.

The game has a much more Nolan-verse feel to it than the previous two titles, which I personally enjoyed. This younger, angrier, more aggressive Batman is loads more interesting than the ones we see in AA and AC, as are the main villains. There are several twists throughout that help to keep it from getting stale or predictable, and it does an excellent job of being an actual origin story and showing you how Batman's relationships are established and developed, as they pertain to both friends and enemies.

The only problems I really have with this game right now are that it's a bit buggy at the moment, but I'm sure that'll get fixed fairly quickly, and that I kind of felt that some of the villains were underutilized. They brought out some really cool villains that really could've provided some interesting interactions, but they rarely served as more than intermittent boss fights to progress the story. Granted most of the boss fights were awesome, I still can't help but feel there was a little too much quantity and not enough actual fleshing out of the villains. I will say, though, that they all did seem to have their purpose within the story.

I'll also add that the multiplayer is surprisingly fun. I didn't have high hopes for it when I first heard they were adding it in, but it's actually really well done. It's most fun when you're playing as one of the heroes or super-villains (duh), but it's still fun when you're just playing as a lowly gang member.
  36. Oct 28, 2013
    I honestly don't understand some of these negative reviews. While it is obvious that WB wanted to cash in on the franchise, the same thing can be said for just about every successful video game franchise. This game is by far the best of the trilogy so far. I've even complaints about it having obscure villains...If you don't know who Deathstroke and Deadshot are (btw these are hardly obscure characters) then you should really revisit your batman lore.

The boss fights are extraordinary and who doesn't want to play batman when he's first introduced to some of the most infamous villains in gotham? Honestly this game deserves a solid 10. If you like Batman, and you liked the other two games then purchase the game and you will not be disappointed.

Solid game.
  37. Oct 29, 2013
    A worthy game for the series. The mechanics are relatively unchanged from Asylum and City, but where there are changes, they are all for the good Excellent story with some nice twists and many of the 'boss' fights have stepped away from the 'dodge the big thing and throw batarangs' which always bothered me about the first two. Loving the Dark Knight challenges and side-missions. All-in-all a fantastic game. I have tried mp and it's not for me, but that is nothing against how they have done it, i'm just not a pvp man. Expand
  38. Nov 4, 2013
    The best thing in this game is the story. It's interesting, and explains a lot about the Batman: Arkham universe. Be sure to listen to the dialog during the credits and watch the video after. The game play is great. Very similar to Arkham City, but different enough to establish itself as a different game. The recreate crime feature works very well, but is a little underutilized in the main storyline. On release, there were quite a few bugs, including some game breaking ones. However, since then, a patch has been released that has fixed a majority of the big bugs. While some bugs still remain, they're not unbearable and don't affect game play enough to count off for them. They're a little more severe than Red Dead Redemption's bugs, but not terrible.

I would definitely recommend this game to anyone who has played the other two Arkham games.
  39. Nov 3, 2013
    I dont know whats this low score about. But this is the best batman game with stunning graphics, new action packed gameplay and some other new and exciting features nd side missions.
  40. Oct 30, 2013
    New addition to the Batman games really stands up to its predecessors. Although it brings only minor improvements in the gameplay (combat system is so tight, perfect and rewarding, that any changes can do more damage, rather than any improvements), Origins is a must have for any Asylum and City fans.
    Although the multiplayer isn't something that you'll play year after the release, it
    nicely prolongs game time and is pretty entertaining.
    Graphics, audio and overall presentation is on highest levels as usuall, although various minor (weird gliding bug from time to time) and major (crashing, currently unability to finish enigma side quest due to one bugged radio tower) glitches are present.
    Origins story brings something new to the table and takes quite unexpected turns. Much better than previous entries in the franchise.
    Bigger world recycles various locations from City, but is rather dead, filled with cops and criminals. This can be overlooked, because there is something to do around every corner.
    Overall this game doesn't deserve bashing for lack of inovations (remember that City brought only open world and improved gliding mechanics), and is a solid and well crafted addition to the Batman games franchise.
  41. Oct 29, 2013
    GOTY 2013. Best game in the series. Solves problems with earlier Arkham games. For example, Bane here is not a mindless monkey brute, as he shouldn't be. Joker is closer to being his real old, darker self, instead of the annoying character he became post-TAS. We see Barbara as an actual character, not some drone voice on your earpiece. We see a strong, angry Batman, not one that almost looks like he should be walking around with a monocle and passing out get-out-of-jail free cards. Forget plot and characterization in previous games, Origins is where its at. The series had good gameplay; now it also has good everything else.
    About the gameplay itself, it's similar but improved on the previous flaws. Combat in AC was great but too easy. This time around you need to time things properly; spamming the attack button will make you lose your combo constantly and eventually die, unlike the previous games.
    So overall..the series improves once again.
  42. Feb 1, 2014
    -This is supposed to be before Arkham asylum and you have gadgets and moves more than Arkham asylum?!
    -Gameplay is almost the same from Arkham city with only new Ninjas and electric gloves.
    -Only the menu soundtrack is good but the other are not good enough,still Arkham asylum has the best soundtrack.
    -Graphics is almost the same and Batman's suit is not as good as the previous
    games,still Arkham asylum's Armored suit is the best suit.
    -Epic story that will keep you playing wanting to what's exactly going on with many Epic villains but there's the same mistake in Arkham city, i mean many viilains didn't take their chance and only appeared in one part of the game like Copperhead.
    -Awesome side missions with villains that could be included in the main story too.
    -City is almost the same with no citizens or people walking in steets, i mean they could make a city like this in grand theft auto with many citizens and cars.
    -i've seen some glitches and bugs like this grate that i couldn't pass through in the Burnley tower,so i couldn't complete the riddler mission.
    -Awesome and challenging Bossfights(damn that Bane bossfight...) and enemies.
    -Challenge mode is still Epic.
    Totally this game just added more fun but the developers didn't do anything to move the series forward,so you gonna play only just for the story and more challenge maps.
    the game took me about 16 hours
    Arkham asylum was something very new at its time so i gave it a 10.
    Arkham city did too many improvements so i gave it a 10.
    so this game takes a 9 for adding more fun and awesome villains
  43. Nov 3, 2013
    i don't understand the amount of hate to this game every one is giving this game bad credits only for lack of innovation a game like arkham city was so perfect that i can't think of anything to add to it because of its perfection i only need a solid story and that's what i found in this game yes there was some few glitches but they're not big deal as you soon will be consumed in the amazing graphics amazing story outstanding sound tracks and i must say that Batman'c character in this game is the BEST he is a total badass i hope to see more from the series in the future Expand
  44. Oct 28, 2013
    I have just finished the game and I had a ton of fun playing it. It is true that it does not make that much different than Arkham City, but since AC was one of the best games of this generation, does it have to? I am glad that WB Montreal did not change the general formula of the game. You still explore one of the most atmospheric open-world environments, beat-up thugs and enjoy the cool story with its many plot twists. The graphics still look pretty good, the sound and voice-over is great and the free-flow combat is still one of the best combat systems to date. The villains and the respective fights are quite entertaining and the city is again full with content and areas to explore. I do miss the Riddler trophies, but there is a lot of other fun stuff to do and to complete. If you enjoyed the previous two titles, then you probably will also enjoy this entry. It does not make much different, but what it does, it does great. Expand
  45. Nov 2, 2013
    I enjo ythis game a lot. It takes the elements of the other 2 arkham games and adds more. Suprisingly, it does not diminish any of the earlier gameplay. It just does not improve much from the earlier games. Still stellar, though.
  46. Nov 2, 2013
    Very very great game i don't understand people saying it ruined the sequel! I recommend it to everyone interested in batman and who enjoyed arkham city.
  47. Nov 2, 2013
    Completes one of the best gaming trilogies of all time. If you like those two previous games, you will love this great addition to Arkham series. All what makes Asylum and City so good, is back in Arkham Origins.

Yes, it is more of the same (greatness), but I don't see any reviews whining about that when it's Battlefield or Call of Doodie series in question.
  48. Apr 1, 2014
    Much darker and gritter than Asylum and City and all the better for it. Its mature plot, the relentless fights and the the awesome atmosphere make this my favourite of the Arkham series. If you like the Nolan Dark Knigth Trilogy, this one is for you! Don't believe the mixed / below par critics scores, they are all way off.
  49. Nov 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I nearly missed this due to poorish review scores,glad i got round to it been playing all day,10 major baddies,32 in all,new style upgrade system and a great storyline.
    boss fights are kind of unique,my favourite of the three easy so far.
  50. May 24, 2014
    More of the same thing we had in arkham city, and I couldn't be happier about it. I haven't had any problems at all with glitches or technical issues, but I'm playing it 7 months after release so it may have been patched. I think the new devs have done a great job and I can't wait for the next installment. Love this game and the series.
  51. May 28, 2014
    Really great game. My personal favorite from the Batman Arkham games. This game has some really great and smooth gameplay, Graphics are great. The voice acting is perfect. I especially like the random conversations that the thugs have in the city. They are hilarious.
  52. Nov 12, 2013
    Calm the f**k down!
    Here is a game that has the unique ability of bringing out the irrational in gamers and reviewers. From what people are saying, this game is akin to Hitler and Nixon tap dancing over the body of your dead grandmother while wearing hats made out of mutilated kittens and puppies.
    Let me get this out of the way. It's a Batman game. Much like the previous ones, it has
    fluid combat, good story and voice acting.
    It is not ground-breaking, but short of making batman an autistic transvestite with an obsession for Pac-Man clones, it was going to be pretty similar to the other games.
    One notable exception, I seem to get my butt handed over a lot more often in this game. Sometimes you encounter very large groups of diverse enemies which make the fighting very challenging, but at the same time, very fun as well.
    Patched up, I have not found any game breaking bugs so far except for some odd anomalies every now and then.
    Overall, a good game that is way more fun that the pile of mediocre trash released (looking at you, COD:Ghosts).
  53. Jan 9, 2014
    Every bit as awesome as its console version with crispier graphx. I insist that though it's not as improved or different as it should be, it is by far the most well balanced and fun of the three with a lot better storytelling. Way underrated.
  54. Jan 2, 2014
    So far I've played 3 hours. Story is interesting as always. Graphics are improved but not by a huge degree. Batman's crime investigations are more in-depth. Combat is about the same. Dialogue is great. World has more to explore. No longer do you have to exit the game to change graphic settings (except for PhysX). DX11 optimization is better but the annoying stuttering from AC is still there, you know, when gliding thru the city or entering new areas (the best PC ever can't avoid this). No GFWL! It's a lot quicker to start it up and get into the action. The first boss fight had a flickering boss and sound cut out twice (FIX: pause, scroll the menu, unpause). I bought the game half off, so there's not much to be disappointed about. I just hope the next Batman game isn't made on crappy arse UE3. If you liked AC, you'll like AO too. Expand
  55. May 15, 2014
    Amazing, simply amazing, astounding even possibly one of the best games ever released in 2013.
    Its a good jumping off point obviously for anyone who wants to play the Batman Arkham games.
    As well as it captures the character development of Batman magnificently.
  56. Dec 17, 2013
    For me it was the best Batman game ever. Everything that was good in BAC and BAA you have here but more and stronger. The beginning of legend is very interesting in plot and characters. Younger Bruce is more violent and has bigger temper. I made this game for 100% with ever single collectible. And I want more. Of course after a patch that removed bugs. Gameplay is perfect, graphics, music and voice acting too. If You ever played Batman before You will love this one, if not better start with BAA and then go to BAO. One big minus for me is that Mark Hamill doesn't give his voice to Joker. Expand
  57. Apr 3, 2014
    It may lack new ideas of it's own, exploration is now not as interesting and Gotham is lifeless. The awesome free flow combat is back, the boss fights are improved and the climax is just as good as last time. Still when Batman games aren't that great, there still pretty good and I love this!
  58. Dec 24, 2013
    The game brings us back to being the Batman with a awesome story, superb Boss Fights, a huge world and a lot of Batman Characters.

If you love Batman Arkham Asylum or City, You will still love this
  59. Nov 30, 2013
    Taking over from Rocksteady for the third game, WB Games Montréal tries to reach the heights of the first two Arkham games with an interesting origin story of the Dark Knight. But can they live deliver and live up on the expectations? It's around two years after Bruce has put on the mask for the first time, so he still supposed to be a newbie at his outings at night. This Batman, however can act and look like a beginner but his moves tell us otherwise.

When it comes to gameplay Origins is almost a clone to Arkham City. The combos, special moves and counters look and feel like the same. There are time when you feel the new team tried to innovate here and there, but those, like countering enemies, aren't decisive enough. On the other hand any game would be delighted to have a combat system like Arkham City, so in the matter of fact the gameplay still works perfectly. It's just that the innovation is missing, which is the game's greatest flaw. There are new gadgets, but even those are sometimes carbon copies of the missing ones, for example the Glue Grenade which has the exact same effect as the Freeze Grenade in Arkham City.

One thing you can certainly be hyped for in the game is its story. The game delivers from that perspective putting in front of you a greatly crafted, interesting story which is furthermore amplified by the cast. The Joker, Bane, Black Mask star in the game but others have their important roles as well. It's a tale that is on par with the comic books. And one more word about the cast; even though the Batman's and Joker's voices has been replaced most of the time you won't notice any major difference as Roger Craig Smith and Troy Baker both make hard effort to genuinely impersonate those two epic characters.

So, yes 8 assassins are after you on Christmas Eve to kill you even though you aren't as big player in Gotham as you'll become. Interestingly not all of them get the same amount of space. One thing the games does very well are the boss fights. In the first two games there weren't any really challenging and grand boss fights as we had hoped for (except Poison Ivy), but in this game almost every boss has its differently paced fight. There is a different strategy to beating every one of them. This keeps the games varied and you'll always look forward to the next boss. While beating up assassins and progressing in the story there is the moment when you suddenly realize that "this is THE time". The time when those two will meet...for the first time...and you are about to witness it all. It's a thing the creators weren't allowed to screw up. It had to be epic. And it is. The time when Joker reflects on his first meeting with Batman is just unbelievably awesome.

Arkham Origins is a really good looking game but there is very little innovation over Arkham City. It's not the best looking game of 2013, but looks great enough to hold up with the competition. Mainly the character models are those that stand out. Batman, Joker, Bane and all of the major characters look detailed. On the audio front it isn't as strong as City. Simply the prominent melodies aren't there that support you as the predator of the night. It's a bit of a disappointment.

After you finish the main campaign, which shouldn't take longer than 8 hours, you can do the side-quests Arkham City style. The overall content here is somewhat less than in the second game, but you can easily squeeze out 20 hours by searching every inch of Gotham for data packs and tags on wall. What is very discouraging that WB Montréal didn't have the balls to bring some innovation where they really could have. And those are the side quests, which are again mostly copies of those in Arkham City. There you had to look for phones by the time the counter hit zero, here you have to race to bombs. Before you had to collect question marks, here you have to pick up data packs. The names and locations are changed, but most of the work you have to do remained the same. If this wasn't a Batman game everybody would call it a rip-off. Crime scene investigations are the one that stands out. Those are really new and fun, but it's not groundbreaking. We appreciate the effort though. When you're finished you can fight in the familiar challenge mode or the new multiplayer.

Batman: Arkham Origins is a super game that took everything that made Arkham Origins a stellar title and kept all of them. However, they played it very safe introducing only a handful innovation none of which is strong enough to hold out. The side-quests are a real disappointment. When you are like Arkham City you are great, but after playing that game for 40 hours it's not enough just to be like it. Fans will appreciate the story, but everything else (missions, quests, places, etc.) is something we have seen already. And this is why the game will divide fans and players.

Rating: 85/100; Replay Value: 3/5; To Beat: 8 hours (main campaign), 20+ hours (with collectibles); Played on: normal.
  60. Jan 21, 2014
    If you wish to play a game like Arkham City, go play Arkham City. Arkham Origins is a total ''rip-off'', and it doesn't change a thing about the previous game. But I like it even more than City. Story is very good, combat is the same aka. perfect, and the new Gotham is very dark and mysterious as a place itself. Multiplayer isn't that good, but it's still enjoyable. Do recommend!
  61. Nov 2, 2013
    loved arkham city you ll love this one too aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa1
  62. Nov 2, 2013
    All the people saying that the game is unpolished, are completely oblivious. Animations are just as good if not better than arkham city and asylum. Story is excellent, boss fights are awesome on hard difficulty. I haven't experienced any of the technical issues that people are complaining about. My only complaint is that the beginning of the story is a little rushed, you are just thrown in, no real backstory to black mask in the beginning of the game, but picks up quickly. Expand
  63. Nov 8, 2013
    Batman is already a very good game.For the fans of the Arkham series this game is awesome.If you just want to play a Batman game then just choose one of the three Batman Arkham games available untill now.So for me this game is amazing and I recommend it.
  64. Nov 8, 2013
    Wow, the worst thing I can say about this game is that the story was, at times, slightly predictable. Everything else was higly polished and refined with some interesting add-ons; my personal favourite being the martial-artist enemy and of course being able to use Deathstroke in the extra fighting mini-game.
  65. Nov 12, 2013
    i feel that it is worthy enough and should at least get a score above 8.5 because the story line and boss
    fights are awesome and for those who say that its a repetition ,well see "CALL OF DUTY ,it has the same stuff every time and every new release sucks SHAME ON CRITICS AND COD FANS .......!@#@#@#T*&$#*%#)_()$_)#$_).
  66. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: Amazing graphics, and physics. 10.

Sound: Nice theme, professional voice acting. 10.

Gameplay: So far my favorite Batman game, it plays similar to Arkham City with new gadgets, and a more scripted story experience. The combat is in your face, with amazing boss battles, and story driven gameplay. Of course there's plenty of side missions and exploration in another
    great open world Batman game. There's multiplayer this time around with 3 teams going up against each other, its innovative and adds great stealth gameplay against other players. 10.

Story: The origins of Batman when he begins fighting crime with a few surprises, and amazing story told experience. 10.

Replay Value: Open world sandbox Batman game with plenty of side missions, and collectibles. Batman Arkham Origins also introduces multiplayer for the first time. This game is worth it, 10.

Overall Score: 10 out of 10.
  67. Nov 29, 2013
    This game has got awesome boss fights .cool gadgets and you have opportunity to say cuz I am the batman. Must play game for batman fans and joker too :D
  68. Nov 17, 2013
    The game is however not perfect like Arkham City but is not less fun, the game is scattered but you are not distracted from main goal, the game is not best but not bad, the game deserves perfect score from my side.
  69. Jan 22, 2014
    Para empezar describiendo este juego comenzaré diciendo que es el que mas me ha gustado de las tres entregas de Batman, pero no ha llegado a cumplir todas mis expectativas. El juego esta muy bien, es exactamente como la segunda entrega, innovación casi nula. La duración ronda las 12 horas sin contar las misiones secundarias. El doblaje es de lo mejor del juego y que decir de las actuaciones de algunos protagonistas como el Joker o Bane. Lo que menos me gustó del juego fue su duración, mas que nada porque me gustó tanto que no quería que se acabara. Lo mejor del juego son las peleas contra los jefes finales, muchísimo mejores que las primera y segunda entrega, la pelea contra Deathstroke o Bane son simplemente espectaculares. Por todo ello recomiendo totalmente el juego, una joya. Expand
  70. Nov 28, 2013
    It's not as good as previous outings, which has disappointed a lot of people, but still a great game. It lacks the polish of Arkham City, but City also had it's issues on it's release. Combat is still as enjoyable with a few inventive additions, but a couple of the weapons seem overpowered. The ending is especially enjoyable.

Graphics is excellent, with nice high-res textures, but the
    art direction, especially for the goons, is somewhat muted compared to the previous games. NVidia 3D Vision support is excellent. Expand
  71. Nov 30, 2013
    when you start playing Batman Arkham Origins it seems you are playing Arkham City with different levels, Batman fan absolutely will love this game, one of the greatest games ever
  72. Dec 1, 2013
    First of all, I believe it's a worthy successor to the previous Arkham games. While I agree that there is not as much innovation from Arkham City to Origins as we were able to see from Arkham Asylum to City, the game is fun, and the cinematic sequences do a lot to immerse the player into the story. Batman is definitely a whole lot darker and unrefined and I really like the addition of the Batcave as the base of operations. It's a mix between Batman Begins and The 1989/90s Tim Burton movies base on atmosphere and encountered adversaries, and that works really well. I like the winter/Christmas atmosphere. Just the right thing for this time of year. I also like that a lot of abilities/gadgets do not have to be re-earned, but are now readily available. While this does not make sense in the time line continuity, it stops the repetitiveness and frustration.

The game is also challenging, even on lower skill levels, and some of the boss fights do get close to being frustrating, but the game manages to awaken the want to finish the fight. Once again, similar to the previous games, a good game to me means that I want to come back to it, and keep playing and replaying it. The Batman: Arkham franchise checks all those marks.
  73. Dec 3, 2013
    What a breath of fresh air! The Arkham series has done it again. For all the batman comic geeks; you will be impressed...mostly. For the rest of you arkham asylum/city fans: get. this. game. The only thing I didnt really like about this game was the very very minor 'adjustments' made to the canon story. Give it an easy 9.5
  74. Apr 5, 2014
    Before playing it , i used to think this was really bad just because is really underated but after completing it i can almost say its the best game of the franchise, maybe it doesnt have a lot of new stuff , but it has the best story so far , which is way less predictable than city or asylum and explores some unknown characters for a lot of people, the multiplayer is fun to play for enough time and pretty well balanced when the batman and robin team is good. and apart from the story, the bossfights are one of the best things in the game , which are 10 times more exciting and epic than any of their other games Expand
  75. Dec 8, 2013
    I really don't understand why this has such bad ratings. The graphics are too good for my pc and I have a top of the line system, but still it looks better than any Xbox One or PS4 game available. The story, gameplay, and choreography has been superb so far, so that justifies at least a 9. I haven't beat the game yet, but after at least 10 hours of gameplay it definitely deserves at least a 9. I may alter my rating to a 10 if the ending is as good as it has been so far. I almost didn't' buy this because of the rating, but not I know to put less faith in these ratings. Expand
  76. Jan 20, 2014
    Just Finished and it was a great game! Graphics are amazing, the fighting is solid, and the story line is interesting, (i personally do not like prequels). A few problems it has are, the fire animations, a few strange cape glitches, and a few fighting animations that get glitched up. Overall its a must play for any PC gamer!
  77. Jan 30, 2014
    I really don't understand the hate going on for this game. The first game is still the best because it set such a high standard for superhero games. But Origins is a close second and here is why: It is very good at sticking to the source material. The story and characters are interesting, deceptive, and much more dark than in the previous two games. The language and dialogue, as well as the events of the story and the characters are all written for a mature audience, which is exactly what the Nolan movies were praised for. AC had no plot to speak of, characters randomly popped out for no reason and seemed hokey. And the Joker was a total, well, joke. In AO he's actually a psychopath very reminiscent of Ledger's portrayal, with a good clone of Hamill's voice acting. So again, why all the hate?

Also in AC, Arkham wasn't so much of a city as it was a clusterball of buildings mashed together without roads. Which means poor level deisgn. Origins really makes Arkham a believable place, with its own unique architecture. Also enemies catch you off guard more, which keeps you on your toes, instead of making Batman into a Superman clone, which he was in AC. If anything, Batman is more a detective this time around, which, again, he should be.

Everything else is great, combat, XP system etc. If it aint broke don't fix it.

Only gripe with the game is having to revisit buildings you've already cleared just to pick up Enigma Datapacks that require a certain gadget. I don't mind doing this, but then after clearing the building, you have BACKTRACK just to get back outside. No secondary exit. There should at least be an option in the pause menu to just go back outside. But there isnt. Inexcusable IMO. Also, crashes here and there but its VERY rare. Not sure about bugs or glitches, haven't encountered any, but maybe Ive been lucky.

Overall a solid 8. But im giving it a 10 because of all the poor reviews. For example, heres a quote from a review below: "Warner Bros Montreal clearly is only interested in doing the absolute minimum necessary to make a slightly new game in order to turn a quick profit." .... what a load of BS. There is nothing about this game that justifies that sort of comment or a 0 rating. Bottom line, if you liked Batman the animated series, or the Nolan/Burton movies, then this game is for you.
  78. Mar 16, 2014
    Batman:Arkham Origins is an action-adventure video game in PC, XOBOX360 and PS3. It came out after “Batman: Arkham Asylum” and “Batman: Arkham City”, was 3rd one of this game series. In my opinion, it’s really a good game; also it’s much better than the 2nd one, the “Arkham City”
    At first, this game has a lot of tasks which waiting for us. To finish them, we have to use our brain to
    operate batman’s tools in different situation. For example, we may need explosives to destroy one wall so that we can pass there; when we got caught by a lot of enemies which carry guns, we can use smoke bomb disturb their vision first, and then we can use batman’s bat claw hook to the eaves and then waiting for chance to slay them one by one.; also, we may need decoder to crack password of some locked doors. It’s really not easy to pass the tasks, I really enjoy the process.
    Batman:Arkham Origins is an action-adventure video game, so that fight with enemy is just one of the essential elements of it. I think 80% of our time in this game will be spend on fight, and it’s normally to be 1 v 10, 1 v 20, or even more. So it’s challenging to players, because we have to balance the time we spend on attack, defend or counterattack. Not to mention enemies may carry kinds of weapons, like guns, knives, or shields. I have to say it’s very cool that we can control Batman to punish gangsters, but it’s really not an easy thing to do.
    The reason why I think “Arkham Origins” is better than the “ Arkham City”, the 2nd one is that now have more details in the fight with boss. I can still remember clearly of the fight with the dead stroke, which came out first as boss. His attack speed is fast, and we use counterstrike too much it won’t cause damage to him, instead of it, batman will get hurt. Also, after we make enough damage to him, we have to finish QTE, which buttons we need to press appear in screen by random order. If we can’t finish it, death stroke will make a huge damage to us. I spent half hour on him to pass it, it’s really hard and interesting to fight with him. But in the “Arkham City”, fight with boss was much easier. This is why I think “Arkham Origins” is better.
    All in all, I think this game is very good and merit recommending to others.
  79. Apr 19, 2014
    I'm...Batman?

Ok. Batman AO is the newest in the Batman video game franchise.I understand that i'm a few months late(As usual), but I just picked it up during the Steam winter sale. Now to summarize my thoughts of the previous two games: Asylum was meh. Average graphics, typical Batman story, and pretty good gameplay. City was a better meh. Meh graphics, Great gameplay and and a Batman
    story. AO, on the other wing is, well, Batman approved.

AOs story is a bit better than typical Bats fair. Black Mask breaks out of prison, then hires 7 of the worlds best killers to do their job. Now without venturing into spoiler water, things are not always as they seem. Now the reason that I said that this was better than the typical Bats story is that, this being an origins story, most of the major villains of Arkham don't really know about Batman yet. Outside of Penguin and Joker, the rest of the villains are part of the lesser characters list on WB games site.

Now I need another paragraph. Now as you may have guessed, most of the game is based around killing these villains. The major ones that I remember are Deadshot, Copperhead, Bane, Firefly, Anarchy, Slade Wilson, and the Electrocutioner. As you may have guessed, these serve as the games boss battles. And those being boss battles, they are the games low point. They all attack as their respective weight classes normal foes would. Bane charges and has to be killed with beatdowns, Wilson must be killed using a lot of counters, and copperhead using blocks. No variety here...

Ok, so you may have noticed that I am yet to mention graphics. Well, there pretty good. Snow looks nice, the Bat-suit is detailed down to the depth of which the bat on his chest can be measured, and night never looked so good. The facial animations are solid, and the regular animations look, well, smooth. The game could have used a tad bit of polish, but, this being the 7th or 8th year of the consoles, I can forgive them.

About the combat...it is Batalitious. It is largely unchanged from the previous games. It may not have innovated much, but neither bid Borderlands and it worked. It seems a lot less gadget based than City, but yet again, who said that was a bad thing. It is based around a series of counters, blocks, and special takedowns, that, when stringed together, work perfectly. It is a system that few games have been able to master, and, thankfully, Batman AO has.

Then again, theres the mulitplayer. For the most part, it revolves around crappy third-person shooting, with occasional games playing as the Bat. There isn't really a lot to be said here. In MP, there are 3 teams: Banes thugs, Jokers lunatics, and Batman/Robin. Joker and Bane fight it out with the standard fair of shottys, snipers, and HMGS. Its for the most part sub-par shooting that is extremely dated. And well they're off killing eachother, Bats and Robin(Who never shows up in SP) are able to sneak around on lions and pick of gunmen. Its similar to Spies vs. Mercs in Splinter Cell, and is well...meh

Last, I just wanted to spend a few words talking about the sound. The games base sound is solid, the guns are, well, guns, and the outside winds are good. The music is sub-meh, and for the most part forgettable. The voice actors, on the other wing, are pretty solid, and at least worthy of a sentence.

Well, the verdict. Good graphics, great story, decent sound and amazing gameplay. Maybe its been too long since i last played a good game, but in my book, this counts as one

Sound-8
    Bonus-2

Almost Perfect
    Buy this game now!
  80. Apr 21, 2014
    The mainstream reviewer criticisms of this game caused me some concern before playing it, as I knew it must be hard for a different studio to match the level of excellence Rocksteady had achieved with Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. All these concerns were steadily laid to rest as I delved into Arkham Origins.

I don't know what these whiners are complaining about! WB Montreal did such an
    amazing job of duplicating all the excellence of Rocksteady's first two Batman games, that had I not KNOWN it was a different studio going into this I wouldn't have even noticed that it wasn't Rocksteady that made this game. All the little polishes, sound effects, menu mechanics, controls, combat, gadgets, all of it has been amazingly re-created in Arkham Origins AND expanded upon.

To the complaints that WB Montreal didn't break any new ground, I beg to differ. They took a proven, best-game-ever-made formula from Rocksteady and duplicated it almost to a tee, then they built on it by introducing even more polish and game elements. Now you can traverse all of Gotham City, not just a small section. Being able to fast travel with the Batwing was a great new addition, and also being able to go back and forth at will to a downright awesome Batcave builds even more on the formula Rocksteady perfected.

The story sequences and plot development, while perhaps not as mind-blowing and full of top-tier villians as in the first two games, are extremely well-done and really reinforce the feeling of being in Batman's early years when he's not so well known by the criminal culture of Gotham. In my opinion, they also did a fantastic job in portraying Batman in such a way that he really does seem like a younger, less experienced Batman (albeit still potent and powerful). The ONLY thing that doesn't make complete sense is the fact that he has access to more gadgets and gadget upgrades than he does in Asylum and City. While it is understandable that WB Montreal wanted to expand the Batman experience by doing this, it doesn't fit as well into the plot of a younger, less experienced Batman who is really just getting started.

One more big improvement that I noticed was the really awesome crime scene reconstruction aspect, further highlighting the oft-ignored aspect of Batman being the world's greatest detective. Suffice it to say, this was a really cool feature that I was impressed with WB Montreal for adding in such a well-done fashion. It actually makes Rocksteady's first two games seem lacking in this detective aspect.

I could go on and on about the improvement in the side quests aspect of the game, the satisfaction of beating up crowds of criminals as they shout "who is this guy? I can't believe he's doing this to us!", to the increased scope and game area of the entire city, to the training modules in the Batcave, and on and on.

And oh, I thought that the stand-in voice actor for Batman did a perfectly fine job! He sounds VERY much like Kevin Conroy, and any slight differences make sense in the fact that he is several years younger so his voice wouldn't sound exactly the same as it does years later (the pitch of our voices does change slightly over time).

BOTTOM LINE: there is no reason to expect a sub-par experience from Arkham Origins because WB Montreal made this instead of Rocksteady. In fact, they took all the excellence from the first two games and improved on it even more. The critics just need to get a life and stop whining!
  81. Jun 15, 2014
    I am totally charmed with this game. It is really awesome. Graphics looks sharp and beautiful. Everything is thought out well. Models are juicy candies! You get great friendly characters, great villain characters. And of course Batman himself with all his wonderful gadjets and amazing flying vehicle. In fact this is the most good looking Batman game for now. Fighting is well balanced, nice hacking. You won't get bored with this game. I didn't finish it yet but heard that plot including ending is one of the best in Batman games. Expand
  82. Jun 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First off, the voice acting in this game is spot on. When I first saw that Hamil and Conroy weren't going to be in the game, I felt that Batman and the Joker would just feel different (Their voices are pretty iconic). I was pleasantly surprised when the new voice actors absolutely nailed their parts. The game play is very similar to the other Arkham games, which is by no means a bad thing. I did feel that the story got a little weird after the first encounter with the Joker. It felt like the game was building to that moment, and it kind of felt like a climax. The Multiple people Batman resuscitates with his glove? Bane learning Batman's identity and then forgetting? If it weren't for the fact that the game went a bit beyond it's climax and then proceeded to get weird, I'd give it a 10. Oh and the controls for the Mad Hatter level... as short as that might have been, that was awful. Expand
  83. Jun 29, 2014
    Great action game. Not boring. The dark environment is addictive. Story flow was marvelous. Many of favorite super villains but the best part was the revelation of The Joker. I loved that part.
  84. Aug 28, 2014
    I did not encounter many bugs during my playthrough, so my review may differ from yours. This game fixed all of the issues the previous game had, and did even more. The world is massive, full of activity, and the graphics are mesmerising. The combat is still as brilliant as it always has been, and I thought the boss fights fully incorporated it. The boss fights are plentiful, and designed very well. The villains are also brilliantly voice acted, and designed. The superhero gaming experience we've all been waiting for. Expand

1. Dec 13, 2013
    "You don't want to be the guys who messed up and ran into the ground one of the absolute, top-rated franchises of all time. You don't want that at the top of your CV. 'Yeah, I'm the guy who turned a 96 into a 60, that's my claim to fame,’ said Arkham Origins’ producer Ben Matts a couple of days before the game’s release. Turns out, they did exactly that.
  2. Nov 27, 2013
    There's definitely some re-tread going on with Batman: Arkham Origins, but the combat, the relatively good story (B-list villain aside), the powerful feeling of being Batman in video game form has only muted my enthusiasm for the franchise by the smallest of margins.
  3. Nov 25, 2013
    You can't go wrong with sticking to Rocksteady's Bat-formula, however it is starting to feel a little played out. [December 2013, p.93]