7.4

1. May 20, 2015
    Alot of people have said this is the worst Batman Arkham game that has been made so far. And that is true. However, this is still a good game that, while it may not live up to the standards set by the first two games, it is still good on its own.
    The main problem with the game is the fact that everything in this game is, seemingly, a copy and paste from Arkham City. From the world it's in to the combat system, everything here feels the same and that's because it is the same. Some minor changes to the gameplay and the different way the Riddler Trophies are set up now (they are datapacks instead of trophies) is about all thats different here.
    The story kinda makes up for that in the fact that they had a great premise that had an average ending. The game had alot of promise but it's clear they didn't put alot of effort into the game. WB was content with taking about 75% of Arkham City, throwing a few new bad guys in there, and calling it a day. It's still worth playing but not to the point that City and Asylum were at when they were released.
  2. Apr 30, 2015
    The PC version of Batman: Arkham Origins is absolutely the best in terms of detail, smoothness, drawing distance and particle effects, though it suffers from a series of annoying glitches.
  3. Apr 22, 2015
    It is good game, I played it hours and hours, but the game play didn't reach batman arkham city,The free-flow mechanics is great and better than before, some bugs annoying while playing, but if you like batman games, you should play this, ill give this score because staff did a lot to bring this game
  4. Dec 29, 2014
    Call me crazy but i actual like this game a bit more than last. Arkham City was good, it just didn't have multiplayer. Plus the map in this game is bigger and i like the Christmas theme of the city . I was thinking about size of arkham city and it seems like its not big enough. How could a city that size fit the akham asylum lunatics and all the black gate prisoners? I just don't thinkCall me crazy but i actual like this game a bit more than last. Arkham City was good, it just didn't have multiplayer. Plus the map in this game is bigger and i like the Christmas theme of the city . I was thinking about size of arkham city and it seems like its not big enough. How could a city that size fit the akham asylum lunatics and all the black gate prisoners? I just don't think fit all those people. This game has problems though. Its buggy but i still like it! Expand
  5. Dec 26, 2014
    game is over at deathstroke since its almost imposible to beat him plus so much bug i feel like playing unity again arkham city is a way better.......
  6. Dec 23, 2014
    The best game in the Arkham series, mostly because of the better open world elements.

Some of the boss fights are again absolutely stupid, a problem that plagues the whole series. Deadshot for example: it takes 5-10 minutes taking out his allies and bringing him down to 10%, then he becomes invincible, runs to the hostage and shoots him. Players shouldn't have to waste their time failing a mission to learn what to do. Yet again the biggest flaw in an otherwise great game.

One year after release, I didn't discover many bugs. The game crashed on me once in 20 hours and there were a few very minor issues that are easy to ignore. It's disappointing that the PC version has such a bad map that can't be controlled with the mouse, though.
  7. Dec 8, 2014
    Не важко замітить, що розробник змінився. Нова заміна талановита, тому що треба мати талант щоб зіпсувати таку основу для гри. Аби вона вишла в 2009 році , то була б просто шедевром, а в 2013 вийшла не дуже якісна підробка.
  8. Dec 4, 2014
    I feel this game didn't get enough credit for what it did personally. A game is supposed to be fun over all things and Arkham Origins is really fun. Being made by someone else other then Rocksteady probably doomed this game from the start, and that should've of happened. That is like faulting Donkey Kong Country returns for not being made by Rare. The games story does lack as muchI feel this game didn't get enough credit for what it did personally. A game is supposed to be fun over all things and Arkham Origins is really fun. Being made by someone else other then Rocksteady probably doomed this game from the start, and that should've of happened. That is like faulting Donkey Kong Country returns for not being made by Rare. The games story does lack as much presence as its predecessors though and that is bad because of it being the origin story, but the narrative it still cool. Lots of villains get there time in the sun but really do one thing and then just leave, Killer Croc in particular is very one note. Overall though the game plays just the same as the others so know worry about if they changed anything. Expand
  9. Nov 18, 2014
    I forgot I had a family until I played this game, it literally ruined my life, until my parents got me a pet snake. I am scared of snakes and I killed myself, so now I live with Jesus so I'm happy, Still sings better than Justin Bieber 10/10
  10. Nov 16, 2014
    shiny game with basic combat like previous batman games
    graphically it looks stunning but action games are not all about it
    same 3 buttons combat and a few added rpg elements (skill tree and variety gadgets). it try to look cool in spite of deficiency of fun gameplay but only to cartoon readers or macguyver wanna bes this game has appeal pros: -rendering huge city and detailed
    shiny game with basic combat like previous batman games
    graphically it looks stunning but action games are not all about it
    pros:
    -rendering huge city and detailed character model is impressive
    - if u are fan of batman comic u will love playing ur hero here
    - maintain good framemates even with mid ranged graphic card
    cons:
    -same boring combats
    - no depth in gameplay
    - big playground u can play crime stopper but feels empty after all
  11. Nov 13, 2014
    Intro:
    Greatly improved from Arkham City...
    Controls, Graphics Voices, Stronger Bosses and DLC!

Graphics:
    Low (580 640)
    Medium ( 670 - 680)
    High to Highest (690 and Up)

Dedicated Physx card
    640, and 750

The Bad:
    Engima Data Packs
  12. Nov 11, 2014
    "Batman: Arkham Origins" features riveting boss battles and an intriguing multiplayer system, but it lacks new and fresh ideas established by the previous Caped Crusader's games.
  13. Nov 4, 2014
    Loved the first 2 games in the series but was really put off this by the bad reviews.
    I'm so glad I took a chance with it and have loved it all the way through. If you loved the first games then this is right up there. Ok there isn't anything 'innovative' and it follows a similar formula to Arkham City, but seriously.... If it isn't broken, don't try and fix it!
  14. Nov 4, 2014
    I don't get why there is so much hate coming to this game from both critics and gamers alike!!! Being a huge Batman fan myself, I played the last two Arkham games and absolutely loved them with a passion and hunger for more, and Origins was the perfect answer for that need. Yes the game is similar to the other two Arkham games,but Origins had the best story so far hands down with a greatI don't get why there is so much hate coming to this game from both critics and gamers alike!!! Being a huge Batman fan myself, I played the last two Arkham games and absolutely loved them with a passion and hunger for more, and Origins was the perfect answer for that need. Yes the game is similar to the other two Arkham games,but Origins had the best story so far hands down with a great cast of characters and voice acting was also spot on perfect. Now there are a few bugs and some terrible frame rate problems. And the multiplayer is fun also.Arkham Origins is a perfect story and more mature than ever which I enjoyed a lot. Expand
  15. Oct 7, 2014
    I agree with so many users here- this game is terribly underrated. For the past few months I've been struggling with whether or not to get the game and play it, since all I've heard was harsh criticism. I got through the game and I can't understand WHY this game got so many negative reviews. It has everything we could have asked for! Story is remarkable and I don't see absolutely anythingI agree with so many users here- this game is terribly underrated. For the past few months I've been struggling with whether or not to get the game and play it, since all I've heard was harsh criticism. I got through the game and I can't understand WHY this game got so many negative reviews. It has everything we could have asked for! Story is remarkable and I don't see absolutely anything wrong with it. In fact, I would say some parts are even better and more mind blowing than in AC. This is so far the darkest and most interesting Batmans IMO, since it tells us so many stories that shine the light on things some players were wondering about (those who didn't read the comics, of course). Glitches? Bugs? They happen! Throughout the game I had some here and there, but they didn't even frustrate me to the point where I would even bring it up if others didn't. I absolutely love this game. Expand
  16. Oct 7, 2014
    I went into this game warily. I had heard how it wasn't nearly as good as its predecessors, but after completing the game I'm not sure what all the hate was about.

The cons of this game: Yes, it is glitchy. But only sometimes and nothing at all that would make the game unplayable. They had one instance in the game where the dialogue should have been a cutscene, but instead used the player models.

The improvements: The unlock-system for abilities I really liked. It allowed you to buy all the later/better abilities after you've bought the ones before it (all abilities are connected and buying one unlocks a few others). The shock gloves are a "gadget" that make you much stronger that you can active after racking up hits on enemies, and they are GREAT.

As far as story goes, I thought the Arkham Origins story was pretty good. I really loved the Arkham City story and it kept me interested and wanting to progress in the game. This game's story felt shorter, but it seemed to be more well polished. Batman actually learns a moral lesson (no spoiling what it is) and the sudden plot twists in the story were very cool.

When it comes to side quests, I think overall I liked Arkham City's slightly better. Origins had half really good side quests and half not-great side quests. In City they were all just pretty good side quests, so it averaged out to be little better than Origins.

Riddler Challenges. in Arkham City there were 282 Riddler Trophies, and then a bunch more scanning riddles besides that. As a person who likes collecting things and 100%ing games, this was even a little too much for me. In Origins I am SO GLAD they took down the count, with only 200 trophies (called Datapacks in this game) to be found, and no scanning things.

Overall, this game was pretty good. No, it was not as good as City, but it was still a good game and got a lot more hate than it deserved. The only thing I wish is that the creators had ironed out the glitches BEFORE initially releasing the game.
  17. Oct 6, 2014
    Alright, so the new WB studio didn't do a very good job with this game. The animations are unpolished, and the game doesn't flow as well as Arkham City did. This is NO REASON to give the game a 0. It was disappointing, sure! But Arkham City was NEAR PERFECT. Notice that this is Arkham Origins, and superhero origin stories are almost always the weakest of them all. None of this changed theAlright, so the new WB studio didn't do a very good job with this game. The animations are unpolished, and the game doesn't flow as well as Arkham City did. This is NO REASON to give the game a 0. It was disappointing, sure! But Arkham City was NEAR PERFECT. Notice that this is Arkham Origins, and superhero origin stories are almost always the weakest of them all. None of this changed the fact that this is still a great game! They weren't very original in terms of gameplay, so I won't be able to bring this up to an 8/10. Aside from this they still managed to capture each of the characters in the game very well, the voice actors did amazing jobs, and the game really does feel like you're going back in time.
    The game by far doesn't live up to its predecessors but fact is, its still a great game.
  18. Sep 4, 2014
    Definitely has its issues and it's nowhere near "Arkham Asylum" and "Arkham City" but still a good effort. Kinda disappointed because I expected more from this game given that the previous 2 were very good games. It's not bad nor **** as many claim ,for sure, but it could have really been better.Decent nonetheless.
  19. Aug 28, 2014
    I did not encounter many bugs during my playthrough, so my review may differ from yours. This game fixed all of the issues the previous game had, and did even more. The world is massive, full of activity, and the graphics are mesmerising. The combat is still as brilliant as it always has been, and I thought the boss fights fully incorporated it. The boss fights are plentiful, and designedI did not encounter many bugs during my playthrough, so my review may differ from yours. This game fixed all of the issues the previous game had, and did even more. The world is massive, full of activity, and the graphics are mesmerising. The combat is still as brilliant as it always has been, and I thought the boss fights fully incorporated it. The boss fights are plentiful, and designed very well. The villains are also brilliantly voice acted, and designed. The superhero gaming experience we've all been waiting for. Expand
  20. Jul 27, 2014
    Solid game that is not quite as good as Asylum or City, but good enough to satisfy fans of DC comics and Batman.

Pros - Most of the villains origins stories are well done (Penguin, Bane, and Riddler) - Snow effects and Dx11 effects are nice, and run well on good hardware (optimized) - Good boss fights, better than City or Asylum - Good soundtrack Cons - horrible joker back story

- Good boss fights, better than City or Asylum
    - Good soundtrack

Cons - horrible joker back story that was completely unnecessary, and basically ruins the story as a whole
    - Inexplicable gadgets and retcons that have no business in game (grapnel boost, Harley Quinn)
    - Batman, despite just starting out, is more powerful than ever
  21. Jul 21, 2014
    I struggled with this one. I almost stopped playing it, and I'm glad I didn't. Eventually, it throws up some really excellent altered reality moments like the best of the previous two Arkham games, and some stealth rooms that are better than any others in the series. There's nice work in the cutscenes, too. But to get there, you must get through the game's early sections in which the gameI struggled with this one. I almost stopped playing it, and I'm glad I didn't. Eventually, it throws up some really excellent altered reality moments like the best of the previous two Arkham games, and some stealth rooms that are better than any others in the series. There's nice work in the cutscenes, too. But to get there, you must get through the game's early sections in which the game doesn't feel promising at all (including one massive bug that I thought I'd never be able to circumvent, and still remains unpatched). This initial disappointment overshadowed the rest of the game for me, no matter how good it became, and even the good part is a mixed bag.

If you're desperate for more Arkham City, and you're persistent, you'll get some fun out of this. I've never been able to face playing it again, though. Playing Arkham City again and waiting for the forthcoming Arkham Knight might be a better strategy.
  22. Jul 18, 2014
    Interesting story and the same enjoyable combat system from Arkham City remains but this does nothing to save the game from the persistent bugs that are still present so long after release.

I encountered two game breaking bugs on my play through (with google searches revealing there might even be more) in which I had to manually change parts of the game files in order to progress, or in one case retrieve an older version of the save file so I wouldn't have to start again from scratch (a process which lost me roughly 9 hours of game play). I also dealt with a myriad of minor bugs, including being unable to interrogate thugs and therefore being unable to complete certain side missions.

I give this game a generous 4/10 because it was really enjoyable, when it worked. However, it seems unacceptable to me to release a game that is so far from finished.
  23. Jul 14, 2014
    Perfect storyline, a much more menacing joker, surprising electrocutioner death. You would think this would be the best game ever...right? Wrong. The windows in this game shined waaaayyyy too much and one of Anarchy's eyes was darker than the other. WTF rocksteady? you did great in arkham city and gtav but what was this? It was also stupid how they said that they would be giving everyone aPerfect storyline, a much more menacing joker, surprising electrocutioner death. You would think this would be the best game ever...right? Wrong. The windows in this game shined waaaayyyy too much and one of Anarchy's eyes was darker than the other. WTF rocksteady? you did great in arkham city and gtav but what was this? It was also stupid how they said that they would be giving everyone a stimulus package because of all the glitches, but yet there was no 500,000$ put in my warner bros account. i could've used that money to buy the noel suit. nice job rocksteady. Expand
  24. Jun 30, 2014
    It all comes down to the price for me. I paid less than $10.00 through steam summer sale, and at that price I'd actually give this game an 8/10. However, it launched with a price tag of $60.00 and is still $30.00 after the summer sale was over. At those prices the game isn't worth the money.

Why? Cons: REALLY choppy. This game had many glitches, and didn't feel "new" in the

Why?

Cons: REALLY choppy. This game had many glitches, and didn't feel "new" in the slightest bit. If you are a big fan of Arkham City this might be your type of game. It feels very similar, and feels like it has a lot of copy and pasting from the new developers.

Pros: The story line. It was surprisingly entertaining, it had a few good twists, and kept me wanting to continue the main story line. Some of the side plots were also some what interesting. It did a good job with keeping in sync with the Rocksteady "feel," and definitely makes me want to see the third Rocksteady Batman installment even more.
  25. Jun 29, 2014
    Great action game. Not boring. The dark environment is addictive. Story flow was marvelous. Many of favorite super villains but the best part was the revelation of The Joker. I loved that part.
  26. Jun 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First off, the voice acting in this game is spot on. When I first saw that Hamil and Conroy weren't going to be in the game, I felt that Batman and the Joker would just feel different (Their voices are pretty iconic). I was pleasantly surprised when the new voice actors absolutely nailed their parts. The game play is very similar to the other Arkham games, which is by no means a bad thing. I did feel that the story got a little weird after the first encounter with the Joker. It felt like the game was building to that moment, and it kind of felt like a climax. The Multiple people Batman resuscitates with his glove? Bane learning Batman's identity and then forgetting? If it weren't for the fact that the game went a bit beyond it's climax and then proceeded to get weird, I'd give it a 10. Oh and the controls for the Mad Hatter level... as short as that might have been, that was awful. Expand
  27. Jun 15, 2014
    I am totally charmed with this game. It is really awesome. Graphics looks sharp and beautiful. Everything is thought out well. Models are juicy candies! You get great friendly characters, great villain characters. And of course Batman himself with all his wonderful gadjets and amazing flying vehicle. In fact this is the most good looking Batman game for now. Fighting is well balanced, niceI am totally charmed with this game. It is really awesome. Graphics looks sharp and beautiful. Everything is thought out well. Models are juicy candies! You get great friendly characters, great villain characters. And of course Batman himself with all his wonderful gadjets and amazing flying vehicle. In fact this is the most good looking Batman game for now. Fighting is well balanced, nice hacking. You won't get bored with this game. I didn't finish it yet but heard that plot including ending is one of the best in Batman games. Expand
  28. May 28, 2014
    Really great game. My personal favorite from the Batman Arkham games. This game has some really great and smooth gameplay, Graphics are great. The voice acting is perfect. I especially like the random conversations that the thugs have in the city. They are hilarious.
  29. May 24, 2014
    More of the same thing we had in arkham city, and I couldn't be happier about it. I haven't had any problems at all with glitches or technical issues, but I'm playing it 7 months after release so it may have been patched. I think the new devs have done a great job and I can't wait for the next installment. Love this game and the series.
  30. May 22, 2014
    A great game, although not as good as the first 2 in the series. The main issue here is you need a ridiculously pimped out computer to play it. Unfortunately, not all of us can get a $500 graphics card and a 4 core processor at 3 GHZ. So, some of us have to put up with 10 frames a second. The reason this game didn't sell is because it won't work on 90% of computers. If these companies wantA great game, although not as good as the first 2 in the series. The main issue here is you need a ridiculously pimped out computer to play it. Unfortunately, not all of us can get a $500 graphics card and a 4 core processor at 3 GHZ. So, some of us have to put up with 10 frames a second. The reason this game didn't sell is because it won't work on 90% of computers. If these companies want to make money, a product that only appeals to 10% of the market is not the way to go. That being said, it is still a great game and I would recommend the PS3 or Xbox 360 version/ Expand
  31. May 15, 2014
    Amazing, simply amazing, astounding even possibly one of the best games ever released in 2013.
    Its a good jumping off point obviously for anyone who wants to play the Batman Arkham games.
    As well as it captures the character development of Batman magnificently.
  32. May 10, 2014
    This game in the Arkham series was far too focused on tedious side quests and tasks. It got old real quick. The game suffers from a lot of bugs that really hinder combat. In several instances there would be enemies that I already defeated up and walking around during battle and in a large group you can get easily confused as to which is the enemy that's not really there. At times theThis game in the Arkham series was far too focused on tedious side quests and tasks. It got old real quick. The game suffers from a lot of bugs that really hinder combat. In several instances there would be enemies that I already defeated up and walking around during battle and in a large group you can get easily confused as to which is the enemy that's not really there. At times the writing is insultingly terrible and at times it's done really well. The is was the first in the series where I became annoyed and just decided to rush everything. Overall it felt like a poorly executed expansion to Arkham City. Not to mention the game was nothing more than a cash grab filler game until Arkham Knight arrives. Expand
  33. May 8, 2014
    Let's get one thing straight- the game is clearly a cash-grab. There's no good reason for this story to need to be told other than to pacify the masses with a Batman game. With that said, let's get to the details: it's a carbon copy clone of Arkham City, even down to the map (about 70% of the map is the same locations used in Arkham City). Arkham City told a better, longer story thanLet's get one thing straight- the game is clearly a cash-grab. There's no good reason for this story to need to be told other than to pacify the masses with a Batman game. With that said, let's get to the details: it's a carbon copy clone of Arkham City, even down to the map (about 70% of the map is the same locations used in Arkham City). Arkham City told a better, longer story than Origins. However, comparing this game to City is futile, because City is definitely a masterpiece. Is it so bad that Origins comes close without actually attaining the same heights as its predecessor? For example- there are new gadgets in the game, which make a good attempt at being unique and useful, but they're mostly either useless or overpowered. Essentially, that means that this game is just a rather expensive (but long) expansion to City. With a few bugs mixed in, but still- it's a decent holdup.

The one thing that this game does spectacularly are the cutscenes. They are phenomenal, to say the least. They're brilliantly scripted and animated. They're exciting, intriguing, engrossing, and do well to move the plot along. I can think of a number of scenes of the Joker that are the most memorable in the series- yes, even better than Asylum or City. That's where this game is king- it's story isn't the greatest, but the way that it's presented is so certainly flashy and brilliant that you forgive it anyways.
  34. May 2, 2014
    Batman: Arkham Origins feels like a sequel, and while it was a very decent game, the fact that I had more or less played it twice before weighed on it. It was a further refinement, and better than Arkham City, but the pacing problems Arkham City introduced weren't resolved, and indeed, the story was even more scattered than Arkham City's was, making it feel like an excuse to fight a bunchBatman: Arkham Origins feels like a sequel, and while it was a very decent game, the fact that I had more or less played it twice before weighed on it. It was a further refinement, and better than Arkham City, but the pacing problems Arkham City introduced weren't resolved, and indeed, the story was even more scattered than Arkham City's was, making it feel like an excuse to fight a bunch of bad guys rather than an interesting and coherent plot by the Joker. And unfortunately, after three games, the predator encounters are wearing a bit thin; they need to mix them up more, and change things so that the same thing is not done every single time. I don't want more things to do; I want better things to do. Running around beating up thugs for no reason is not what Batman does; the story missions are what he does. The games should focus more on that experience, and work more to add stuff which makes the PLAYER have to think and puzzle things out, something which was lacking from this game. Batman is the world's greatest detective, and he not only out-fights, but out-thinks his opponents, and in this game, that is sorely lacking. Indeed, the "detective work" in the game actually involved no thought at all on the part of the player - it was purely just batman narrating as you held the space bar. It was, thus, a waste.
    Overall, enjoyable but not great in the way the first game was, and the formula is beginning to wear a bit thin.
  35. May 2, 2014
    Instead of being a shameless cash-in on the Arkham series, this game is a polished adaptation of one of the Batman comics. It's designed in a way that you instantaneously realize where you can and cannot go. IN my instance, the game is not buggy or glitchy.
    However, it could have been a little more linear, and they over-complicated a perfect fighting system. Whilst I see what they meant to do, however, they fixed something, that overall didn't need fixing.
    Overall, this game is a polished game, that deserves more attention.
  36. Apr 24, 2014
    Arkham Origins is an alright game. It's not amazing, but it's not terrible either. It doesn't improve upon its predecessors in any majorly noticeable way. The graphics are slightly different, but not much better than Arkham City's. This can be said for essentially the entirety of the game. There were few improvements that could have been made from Arkham City, so it can't really beArkham Origins is an alright game. It's not amazing, but it's not terrible either. It doesn't improve upon its predecessors in any majorly noticeable way. The graphics are slightly different, but not much better than Arkham City's. This can be said for essentially the entirety of the game. There were few improvements that could have been made from Arkham City, so it can't really be expected to change much for the better. Origins also retains the minor flaws the previous games had, such as how Batman will occasionally strike at thin air instead of the enemy in that direction, thus breaking his combo. Much of the city is the same as Arkham City, yet it feels mostly empty. Origins will feel almost exactly the same as Arkham City, with a slightly different coat of paint. If you enjoyed the previous game, and aren't sick of it, you should enjoy this one as well, especially now that most (though not all) of its bugs have been fixed. It's certainly worth playing, but nothing to get too excited about. Expand
  37. Apr 22, 2014
    Overall chunky, shtty console port.
    Some of the highlights: main screen space button wont work... Mouse not working on the map, you can't drag...
    Enigma "riddles" are sometimes fkin annoying. The grapple sometimes work, but mostly not. Annoying as hell. Sometimes you just can't climb up building, that are not too high, not too erhh, but you just can't go up... Why? The buttons not
    Overall chunky, shtty console port.
    Enigma "riddles" are sometimes fkin annoying.
    The buttons not always working - bad pc port as usual - if you make it console only why sell it on the pc?
    The update deleted all saves - we are not in the nineties anymore... Lamers :)
    That is when I quit, I won't play this game again from the beginning just because some braindead developer can't fix their own bugs but by deleting my saves. And I will not buy anything from rocksteady anymore.
    And you are one of them if you gave a score above 5 for the PC.
  38. Apr 21, 2014
    Another great addition to the Arkham series with another strong installment. Nothing overly new or original here but as always a solid story and great villains make any fans of this a must have.
    However be prepared for a couple of crashes and bugs as it's not quite as smooth as the others.
  39. Apr 21, 2014
    I was generally excited for this game. My fears about a second dev working on it were alleviated with rockstar giving them a big thumbs up. this game is a mockery of the quality found in asylum and city. the fighting is very poor, you will constantly fail to keep your streak going for failure of the game to sense where your next enemies is location and everything about it just seems like aI was generally excited for this game. My fears about a second dev working on it were alleviated with rockstar giving them a big thumbs up. this game is a mockery of the quality found in asylum and city. the fighting is very poor, you will constantly fail to keep your streak going for failure of the game to sense where your next enemies is location and everything about it just seems like a simple cut and paste job from city except in the case of riddler trophies they are actually easier. pass this game up if you consider getting it. not worth it at all it will lead to just total frustration in the end. Expand
  40. Apr 21, 2014
    The mainstream reviewer criticisms of this game caused me some concern before playing it, as I knew it must be hard for a different studio to match the level of excellence Rocksteady had achieved with Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. All these concerns were steadily laid to rest as I delved into Arkham Origins.

I don't know what these whiners are complaining about! WB Montreal did such an

I don't know what these whiners are complaining about! WB Montreal did such an amazing job of duplicating all the excellence of Rocksteady's first two Batman games, that had I not KNOWN it was a different studio going into this I wouldn't have even noticed that it wasn't Rocksteady that made this game. All the little polishes, sound effects, menu mechanics, controls, combat, gadgets, all of it has been amazingly re-created in Arkham Origins AND expanded upon.

To the complaints that WB Montreal didn't break any new ground, I beg to differ. They took a proven, best-game-ever-made formula from Rocksteady and duplicated it almost to a tee, then they built on it by introducing even more polish and game elements. Now you can traverse all of Gotham City, not just a small section. Being able to fast travel with the Batwing was a great new addition, and also being able to go back and forth at will to a downright awesome Batcave builds even more on the formula Rocksteady perfected.

The story sequences and plot development, while perhaps not as mind-blowing and full of top-tier villians as in the first two games, are extremely well-done and really reinforce the feeling of being in Batman's early years when he's not so well known by the criminal culture of Gotham. In my opinion, they also did a fantastic job in portraying Batman in such a way that he really does seem like a younger, less experienced Batman (albeit still potent and powerful). The ONLY thing that doesn't make complete sense is the fact that he has access to more gadgets and gadget upgrades than he does in Asylum and City. While it is understandable that WB Montreal wanted to expand the Batman experience by doing this, it doesn't fit as well into the plot of a younger, less experienced Batman who is really just getting started.

One more big improvement that I noticed was the really awesome crime scene reconstruction aspect, further highlighting the oft-ignored aspect of Batman being the world's greatest detective. Suffice it to say, this was a really cool feature that I was impressed with WB Montreal for adding in such a well-done fashion. It actually makes Rocksteady's first two games seem lacking in this detective aspect.

I could go on and on about the improvement in the side quests aspect of the game, the satisfaction of beating up crowds of criminals as they shout "who is this guy? I can't believe he's doing this to us!", to the increased scope and game area of the entire city, to the training modules in the Batcave, and on and on.

And oh, I thought that the stand-in voice actor for Batman did a perfectly fine job! He sounds VERY much like Kevin Conroy, and any slight differences make sense in the fact that he is several years younger so his voice wouldn't sound exactly the same as it does years later (the pitch of our voices does change slightly over time).

BOTTOM LINE: there is no reason to expect a sub-par experience from Arkham Origins because WB Montreal made this instead of Rocksteady. In fact, they took all the excellence from the first two games and improved on it even more. The critics just need to get a life and stop whining!
  41. Apr 19, 2014
    I'm...Batman?

I'm...Batman?

Ok. Batman AO is the newest in the Batman video game franchise.I understand that i'm a few months late(As usual), but I just picked it up during the Steam winter sale. Now to summarize my thoughts of the previous two games: Asylum was meh. Average graphics, typical Batman story, and pretty good gameplay. City was a better meh. Meh graphics, Great gameplay and and a Batman story. AO, on the other wing is, well, Batman approved.

AOs story is a bit better than typical Bats fair. Black Mask breaks out of prison, then hires 7 of the worlds best killers to do their job. Now without venturing into spoiler water, things are not always as they seem. Now the reason that I said that this was better than the typical Bats story is that, this being an origins story, most of the major villains of Arkham don't really know about Batman yet. Outside of Penguin and Joker, the rest of the villains are part of the lesser characters list on WB games site.

Now I need another paragraph. Now as you may have guessed, most of the game is based around killing these villains. The major ones that I remember are Deadshot, Copperhead, Bane, Firefly, Anarchy, Slade Wilson, and the Electrocutioner. As you may have guessed, these serve as the games boss battles. And those being boss battles, they are the games low point. They all attack as their respective weight classes normal foes would. Bane charges and has to be killed with beatdowns, Wilson must be killed using a lot of counters, and copperhead using blocks. No variety here...

Ok, so you may have noticed that I am yet to mention graphics. Well, there pretty good. Snow looks nice, the Bat-suit is detailed down to the depth of which the bat on his chest can be measured, and night never looked so good. The facial animations are solid, and the regular animations look, well, smooth. The game could have used a tad bit of polish, but, this being the 7th or 8th year of the consoles, I can forgive them.

About the combat...it is Batalitious. It is largely unchanged from the previous games. It may not have innovated much, but neither bid Borderlands and it worked. It seems a lot less gadget based than City, but yet again, who said that was a bad thing. It is based around a series of counters, blocks, and special takedowns, that, when stringed together, work perfectly. It is a system that few games have been able to master, and, thankfully, Batman AO has.

Then again, theres the mulitplayer. For the most part, it revolves around crappy third-person shooting, with occasional games playing as the Bat. There isn't really a lot to be said here. In MP, there are 3 teams: Banes thugs, Jokers lunatics, and Batman/Robin. Joker and Bane fight it out with the standard fair of shottys, snipers, and HMGS. Its for the most part sub-par shooting that is extremely dated. And well they're off killing eachother, Bats and Robin(Who never shows up in SP) are able to sneak around on lions and pick of gunmen. Its similar to Spies vs. Mercs in Splinter Cell, and is well...meh

Last, I just wanted to spend a few words talking about the sound. The games base sound is solid, the guns are, well, guns, and the outside winds are good. The music is sub-meh, and for the most part forgettable. The voice actors, on the other wing, are pretty solid, and at least worthy of a sentence.

Well, the verdict. Good graphics, great story, decent sound and amazing gameplay. Maybe its been too long since i last played a good game, but in my book, this counts as one

Sound-8
    Bonus-2

Almost Perfect
    Buy this game now!
  42. Apr 15, 2014
    This game was a huge disappointment that was riddled with bugs. The real travesty is comparing this game with its predecessor Batman Arkham City in which this game doesn't even come close. The open world in Origins is a dead and lifeless copy of the heavily populated and visually stunning world of City. Pass this one up.
  43. Apr 11, 2014
    A really good game, and answers many questions prior to Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. Still riddled with some annoying bugs & glitches here and there, but doesn't take away the experience in general.

City seems to be less atmospheric than in Arkham City, however the character is usually involved in missions rather than adventuring throughout the city, in that case, i'm pretty fine with that.

The details in Arkham Origins is near-perfect (at least to me). The characters and environments are well-detailed and nothing really important seems left out.

Main story takes about 10-14 hours.

Deserves a 7/10
  44. Apr 5, 2014
    Before playing it , i used to think this was really bad just because is really underated but after completing it i can almost say its the best game of the franchise, maybe it doesnt have a lot of new stuff , but it has the best story so far , which is way less predictable than city or asylum and explores some unknown characters for a lot of people, the multiplayer is fun to play for enoughBefore playing it , i used to think this was really bad just because is really underated but after completing it i can almost say its the best game of the franchise, maybe it doesnt have a lot of new stuff , but it has the best story so far , which is way less predictable than city or asylum and explores some unknown characters for a lot of people, the multiplayer is fun to play for enough time and pretty well balanced when the batman and robin team is good. and apart from the story, the bossfights are one of the best things in the game , which are 10 times more exciting and epic than any of their other games Expand
  45. Apr 3, 2014
    It may lack new ideas of it's own, exploration is now not as interesting and Gotham is lifeless. The awesome free flow combat is back, the boss fights are improved and the climax is just as good as last time. Still when Batman games aren't that great, there still pretty good and I love this!
  46. Apr 1, 2014
    Much darker and gritter than Asylum and City and all the better for it. Its mature plot, the relentless fights and the the awesome atmosphere make this my favourite of the Arkham series. If you like the Nolan Dark Knigth Trilogy, this one is for you! Don't believe the mixed / below par critics scores, they are all way off.
  47. Mar 16, 2014
    Batman:Arkham Origins is an action-adventure video game in PC, XOBOX360 and PS3. It came out after “Batman: Arkham Asylum” and “Batman: Arkham City”, was 3rd one of this game series. In my opinion, it’s really a good game; also it’s much better than the 2nd one, the “Arkham City”
    At first, this game has a lot of tasks which waiting for us. To finish them, we have to use our brain to operate batman’s tools in different situation. For example, we may need explosives to destroy one wall so that we can pass there; when we got caught by a lot of enemies which carry guns, we can use smoke bomb disturb their vision first, and then we can use batman’s bat claw hook to the eaves and then waiting for chance to slay them one by one.; also, we may need decoder to crack password of some locked doors. It’s really not easy to pass the tasks, I really enjoy the process.
    Batman:Arkham Origins is an action-adventure video game, so that fight with enemy is just one of the essential elements of it. I think 80% of our time in this game will be spend on fight, and it’s normally to be 1 v 10, 1 v 20, or even more. So it’s challenging to players, because we have to balance the time we spend on attack, defend or counterattack. Not to mention enemies may carry kinds of weapons, like guns, knives, or shields. I have to say it’s very cool that we can control Batman to punish gangsters, but it’s really not an easy thing to do.
    The reason why I think “Arkham Origins” is better than the “ Arkham City”, the 2nd one is that now have more details in the fight with boss. I can still remember clearly of the fight with the dead stroke, which came out first as boss. His attack speed is fast, and we use counterstrike too much it won’t cause damage to him, instead of it, batman will get hurt. Also, after we make enough damage to him, we have to finish QTE, which buttons we need to press appear in screen by random order. If we can’t finish it, death stroke will make a huge damage to us. I spent half hour on him to pass it, it’s really hard and interesting to fight with him. But in the “Arkham City”, fight with boss was much easier. This is why I think “Arkham Origins” is better.
    All in all, I think this game is very good and merit recommending to others.
  48. Mar 14, 2014
    It repeats the same thing again - sure, it does. But it does it well, technically and gameplay-wise it's no worse than the previous two games. They could put the Rocksteady logo at the beginning and no one would notice. This is a big Arkham City DLC and is a good game in its own right. If you have not played the previous games, though - this may as well be your 10/10 GOTY.
  49. Mar 8, 2014
    well, Batman Arkham city for PC, has very pretty graphics, though the story does not have as much depth as that of its predecessor (the best of the trilogy, in my opinion). Enemies (outside Joker and Bane) are weak participation and contains little charisma.O game is good for fans and those who enjoyed the batman arkham trilogy up because there are few changes.The innovation is the multiplayer.
  50. Mar 7, 2014
    This game is beyond broken. 5% in and all I get is OZZY fatal crash. I am sick of developers releasing games that should still be in beta testing! 0 is what you get for an unplayable game rushed out to cash in on a good franchise! F U WB
  51. Mar 6, 2014
    First of all. I find it completely unbelievable that people are giving this game 10s and 9s, even though the devs have admitted that the game has Game Breaking Bugs and that they aren't even planning on fixing them. But they have time to create new DLC for them game instead. That's a very bad act to do.

This game.. it's a very mediocre product when you've used to Rocksteady's quality masterpieces. This game has numerous cutscenes used over and over again, numerous objects are being re-used all the time, Batman has actually quite un-cool gadgets. I thought there was supposed to be a whole list of new and cool gadgets like the devs hyped. Apparently not.
    The map is either not twice the size of Arkham City like the devs hyped. When the two islands combined, it's barely the size of Arkham City. Not by anymeans larger than AC.

This game is just a massive cash-in on the Arkham name. It's nothing compared to previous two. I give this game a 5 since it has massive amount of critical bugs and all the lazyness of re-using everything in this game.
  52. Mar 5, 2014
    The game is very nicely made and fun to play. Trying to follow in the great footsteps of it's predecessor surely was not easy, but the game ended up well with a few surprising effects. For example, in one instance you fight a few thugs, you are seen from the perspective of a helicopter camera. Little tricks like that add more life to what it is a grand experience for fans of the previousThe game is very nicely made and fun to play. Trying to follow in the great footsteps of it's predecessor surely was not easy, but the game ended up well with a few surprising effects. For example, in one instance you fight a few thugs, you are seen from the perspective of a helicopter camera. Little tricks like that add more life to what it is a grand experience for fans of the previous Arkham games.
    However, the only thing holding it back from a higher rating is the bugs and glitches that plague the game. Luckily, it isn't so bad on PC version and the game can be played fine.
  53. Feb 24, 2014
    I am a Batman fan but I won't be biased on my reviews. Batman Arkham Origins, for my opinion, is a great game added on the franchise. It uses almost similar game play to the last Arkham games from RockSteady, but with its story, this is where it pulled it up. The game's story was well presented and it just lacked some of the key villains. I don't know if this is a spoiler or not butI am a Batman fan but I won't be biased on my reviews. Batman Arkham Origins, for my opinion, is a great game added on the franchise. It uses almost similar game play to the last Arkham games from RockSteady, but with its story, this is where it pulled it up. The game's story was well presented and it just lacked some of the key villains. I don't know if this is a spoiler or not but whatever. Talking about the graphics of the game, pretty much polished and improved compared to Asylum and City. Overall, the game is nice, but not enough to be a great successor or prequel of the series. Hopefully the upcoming DLC will make this a better game and story. Expand
  54. Feb 23, 2014
    A very good game, but with far too many bugs, some of which are progression-blocking. Most insultingly, WB Montréal has announced they won't patch the game
  55. Feb 17, 2014
    Do not buy! I initially did a review with a 0 score when I couldn't play this game due to large day one updates after a delay and all that magic.
    But now that I've gotten to play it, I'm still not changing my score.
    I'm not factoring this in my review, I just feel it should be mentioned; Hybrid Physx does not work with this game. I have never played a game with such awful level design!
    But now that I've gotten to play it, I'm still not changing my score.
    I have never played a game with such awful level design! I get a lot of games hold your hand and tell you where to go. I don't like that, I'd prefer to find my own way sometimes. But don't give me objective markers on the map that are completely in the wrong place. Also I have encountered numerous bugs, and animation glitches. To take a game like Arkham City which was soooo polished and release something like this garbage is an insult. Rocksteady: Bring out your next-gen game we know you are doing and show these lame-clowns how it should've been done.
  56. Feb 1, 2014
    -This is supposed to be before Arkham asylum and you have gadgets and moves more than Arkham asylum?!
    -Gameplay is almost the same from Arkham city with only new Ninjas and electric gloves.
    -Only the menu soundtrack is good but the other are not good enough,still Arkham asylum has the best soundtrack. -Graphics is almost the same and Batman's suit is not as good as the previous
    -Graphics is almost the same and Batman's suit is not as good as the previous games,still Arkham asylum's Armored suit is the best suit.
    -Epic story that will keep you playing wanting to what's exactly going on with many Epic villains but there's the same mistake in Arkham city, i mean many viilains didn't take their chance and only appeared in one part of the game like Copperhead.
    -Awesome side missions with villains that could be included in the main story too.
    -City is almost the same with no citizens or people walking in steets, i mean they could make a city like this in grand theft auto with many citizens and cars.
    -i've seen some glitches and bugs like this grate that i couldn't pass through in the Burnley tower,so i couldn't complete the riddler mission.
    -Awesome and challenging Bossfights(damn that Bane bossfight...) and enemies.
    -Challenge mode is still Epic.
    Totally this game just added more fun but the developers didn't do anything to move the series forward,so you gonna play only just for the story and more challenge maps.
    the game took me about 16 hours
    Arkham asylum was something very new at its time so i gave it a 10.
    Arkham city did too many improvements so i gave it a 10.
    so this game takes a 9 for adding more fun and awesome villains
  57. Jan 30, 2014
    I really don't understand the hate going on for this game. The first game is still the best because it set such a high standard for superhero games. But Origins is a close second and here is why: It is very good at sticking to the source material. The story and characters are interesting, deceptive, and much more dark than in the previous two games. The language and dialogue, as well asI really don't understand the hate going on for this game. The first game is still the best because it set such a high standard for superhero games. But Origins is a close second and here is why: It is very good at sticking to the source material. The story and characters are interesting, deceptive, and much more dark than in the previous two games. The language and dialogue, as well as the events of the story and the characters are all written for a mature audience, which is exactly what the Nolan movies were praised for. AC had no plot to speak of, characters randomly popped out for no reason and seemed hokey. And the Joker was a total, well, joke. In AO he's actually a psychopath very reminiscent of Ledger's portrayal, with a good clone of Hamill's voice acting. So again, why all the hate?

Also in AC, Arkham wasn't so much of a city as it was a clusterball of buildings mashed together without roads. Which means poor level deisgn. Origins really makes Arkham a believable place, with its own unique architecture. Also enemies catch you off guard more, which keeps you on your toes, instead of making Batman into a Superman clone, which he was in AC. If anything, Batman is more a detective this time around, which, again, he should be.

Everything else is great, combat, XP system etc. If it aint broke don't fix it.

Only gripe with the game is having to revisit buildings you've already cleared just to pick up Enigma Datapacks that require a certain gadget. I don't mind doing this, but then after clearing the building, you have BACKTRACK just to get back outside. No secondary exit. There should at least be an option in the pause menu to just go back outside. But there isnt. Inexcusable IMO. Also, crashes here and there but its VERY rare. Not sure about bugs or glitches, haven't encountered any, but maybe Ive been lucky.

Overall a solid 8. But im giving it a 10 because of all the poor reviews. For example, heres a quote from a review below: "Warner Bros Montreal clearly is only interested in doing the absolute minimum necessary to make a slightly new game in order to turn a quick profit." .... what a load of BS. There is nothing about this game that justifies that sort of comment or a 0 rating. Bottom line, if you liked Batman the animated series, or the Nolan/Burton movies, then this game is for you.
  58. Jan 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a game that I wasn't exactly looking forward to beforehand. I had a feeling it was going to turn out like this because it was being made by a completely different developer than the first two Arkhams. I didn't want to believe it would turn out like this because after looking at the gameplay vids, I thought for sure this game might be awesome after all. So does this game live up to the legacy of the previous Arkhams, or should Batman have just stayed in the Batcave and let Superman handle these criminals? Let's find out. The worst part about this game is its gameplay. The gameplay is literally a copy and paste version of Batman Arkham City. It does nothing to differentiate this formula at all, or make it better for that matter, it is literally the exact same combat and stealth mechanics. This is taking the Call of Duty approach to one of my favorite video game franchises ever (making the same game over and over) and I don't like it. Not only does the gameplay copy Arkham City's entirely, but it is also riddled with bugs and glitches. In fact, there was one bug I encountered that should only be on the PC version of this game. This bug actually corrupts the game's files for no good reason, and causes the game to lag uncontrollably, making the game nigh unplayable. This bug pretty much stops any sense of enjoyment you might get out of this particular title. This game does claim to make improvements over Arkham City, and it does add a few new gadgets, but these are not improvements at all. This game's "improvements" only make the game easier, not better. It also advertises a much larger open world than its predecessors, but you are pretty much doing the exact same things you would be doing in the earlier Arkhams, so there is literally no point to this larger open world. The graphics in this game are nowhere near as good as the previous two Arkhams. They lack the detail that Arkham City fans came to know and love. They just don't seem to have the amount of polish the other two had. It does look like Arkham City in some places, but in others, it just looks rushed and unpolished. There was no point in this game where I actually thought the graphics looked better than Arkham City. The graphics of this game are still okay overall, but they definitely aren't Arkham City or Asylum. As for the story, I've heard people say that it is the best in the series. I strongly disagree. If you ask me, I think this game's story is average at best, and has nowhere near the impact of Arkham City's ending. This game is actually a prequel to the other Arkhams, showing Batman's first meeting with the Joker. Basically, the Joker disguises himself as the criminal Black Mask, and sends eight assassins after Batman's head, giving them only one night to kill the bat. I think I might have heard this story once or twice before, so it lands in the mediocre category. However, it is told pretty well, I have to admit. It is told like a classic Disney film, and has great voice acting to back it up. However, Arkham City was told much the same way, so there is literally no point. Overall, the story of this game is definitely the best part of the game, but when comparing it to Arkham City, that really isn't saying much. Overall, this game is a mess of rushed ideas that looked good on paper, but were executed very poorly. The Xbox and Playstation versions might be better, as the PC version has this game breaking bug, but that doesn't mean these versions are free from bugs altogether. I really wanted to like this game, I really did, but at the end of the day, I just couldn't get over this game breaking bug. That's why I can only recommend this game to people who are die hard Batman fans. Everyone else should just play the previous two Arkhams instead. They are both so much better than this.
    Gameplay: 2/10
    Graphics: 4/10
    Story: 5/10
    Overall: 4/10
  59. Jan 22, 2014
    Para empezar describiendo este juego comenzaré diciendo que es el que mas me ha gustado de las tres entregas de Batman, pero no ha llegado a cumplir todas mis expectativas. El juego esta muy bien, es exactamente como la segunda entrega, innovación casi nula. La duración ronda las 12 horas sin contar las misiones secundarias. El doblaje es de lo mejor del juego y que decir de lasPara empezar describiendo este juego comenzaré diciendo que es el que mas me ha gustado de las tres entregas de Batman, pero no ha llegado a cumplir todas mis expectativas. El juego esta muy bien, es exactamente como la segunda entrega, innovación casi nula. La duración ronda las 12 horas sin contar las misiones secundarias. El doblaje es de lo mejor del juego y que decir de las actuaciones de algunos protagonistas como el Joker o Bane. Lo que menos me gustó del juego fue su duración, mas que nada porque me gustó tanto que no quería que se acabara. Lo mejor del juego son las peleas contra los jefes finales, muchísimo mejores que las primera y segunda entrega, la pelea contra Deathstroke o Bane son simplemente espectaculares. Por todo ello recomiendo totalmente el juego, una joya. Expand
  60. Jan 21, 2014
    If you wish to play a game like Arkham City, go play Arkham City. Arkham Origins is a total ''rip-off'', and it doesn't change a thing about the previous game. But I like it even more than City. Story is very good, combat is the same aka. perfect, and the new Gotham is very dark and mysterious as a place itself. Multiplayer isn't that good, but it's still enjoyable. Do recommend!
  61. Jan 20, 2014
    Just Finished and it was a great game! Graphics are amazing, the fighting is solid, and the story line is interesting, (i personally do not like prequels). A few problems it has are, the fire animations, a few strange cape glitches, and a few fighting animations that get glitched up. Overall its a must play for any PC gamer!
  62. Jan 15, 2014
    Another name for this game should be "Scavenger Hunt: Batman Edition". Right at the beginning of the game (like second quest in) the fast travel gets disabled until you collect like 40 pieces of crap scattered around the map around the map. If it was a straight beat em' up game I'd be happy but even then there are huge gaps between the action while you swing around the map like spiderman.Another name for this game should be "Scavenger Hunt: Batman Edition". Right at the beginning of the game (like second quest in) the fast travel gets disabled until you collect like 40 pieces of crap scattered around the map around the map. If it was a straight beat em' up game I'd be happy but even then there are huge gaps between the action while you swing around the map like spiderman. What ever happened to the Batmobile? Instead of a solid beat em up or a strategic stealth game you get a poorly executed hybrid of both. Expand
  63. Jan 9, 2014
    Every bit as awesome as its console version with crispier graphx. I insist that though it's not as improved or different as it should be, it is by far the most well balanced and fun of the three with a lot better storytelling. Way underrated.
  64. Jan 7, 2014
    It looks like it might have been a fine game, but unfortunately I have run into a bug that keeps me from progressing and I haven't been able to find a solution to that particular problem.
  65. Jan 6, 2014
    Do not buy this game! You have been warned. The game is chock full of bugs as I have yet to be able to actually play the game. I have read about so many other peoples problems and we are now 3+ months after release and it is still not fixed.
    The problem that many have is that it simply crashes from the beginning (and yes, I have serious experience with bug tracking and fixing via DLC, patches, fxdiag submittal, registry manipulation and new drivers and OS reinstalls).
    Dont support software especially if you cant get your money back!
  66. Jan 2, 2014
    So far I've played 3 hours. Story is interesting as always. Graphics are improved but not by a huge degree. Batman's crime investigations are more in-depth. Combat is about the same. Dialogue is great. World has more to explore. No longer do you have to exit the game to change graphic settings (except for PhysX). DX11 optimization is better but the annoying stuttering from AC is stillSo far I've played 3 hours. Story is interesting as always. Graphics are improved but not by a huge degree. Batman's crime investigations are more in-depth. Combat is about the same. Dialogue is great. World has more to explore. No longer do you have to exit the game to change graphic settings (except for PhysX). DX11 optimization is better but the annoying stuttering from AC is still there, you know, when gliding thru the city or entering new areas (the best PC ever can't avoid this). No GFWL! It's a lot quicker to start it up and get into the action. The first boss fight had a flickering boss and sound cut out twice (FIX: pause, scroll the menu, unpause). I bought the game half off, so there's not much to be disappointed about. I just hope the next Batman game isn't made on crappy arse UE3. If you liked AC, you'll like AO too. Expand
  67. Dec 29, 2013
    I really really really don't know how to feel about Batman Arkham Origins. First of all I was stoked when I heard about it and preordered it as soon as possible. When I got it I locked myself in my room for the entire weekend and played. That at least was my plan, until a couple of bugs appeared that made it impossible to continue playing. But by now I've finished it thankfully theyI really really really don't know how to feel about Batman Arkham Origins. First of all I was stoked when I heard about it and preordered it as soon as possible. When I got it I locked myself in my room for the entire weekend and played. That at least was my plan, until a couple of bugs appeared that made it impossible to continue playing. But by now I've finished it thankfully they quickly came up with patches for the PC version and storywise it was a great game. Unfortunately the story couldn't unfold it's entre potential because the game-play just straight away sucked. Batman no longer moves as fluidly, which is especially annoying when having to deal with larger groups of enemies. The freeflow everyone loved in Arkham Asylum and Arkham City has become no more than a painful itch between your buttcheeks. And do I even have to mention the Electrocutioner?
    This game held so many great possibilities, but it's rather poorly made, and I kinda regret having paid 45€ for it. Anyways, playing it was great fun, the side-missions are fantastic and there's a lot about it fans of the franchise will love.
  68. Dec 28, 2013
    This game is a certain shot. It's obvious that Warner wants to win a lot of money with the Batman: Arkham's serie and a prequel of the 2 previous games is the best form of enhance the universe of the game. There are a very few new things. The detective vision is better when analysing a crime scene, with a structure similar with CSI tv show. The fight is almost the same, only with some newThis game is a certain shot. It's obvious that Warner wants to win a lot of money with the Batman: Arkham's serie and a prequel of the 2 previous games is the best form of enhance the universe of the game. There are a very few new things. The detective vision is better when analysing a crime scene, with a structure similar with CSI tv show. The fight is almost the same, only with some new moves. The history doesn't have the same level of epicity that the previous ones has, but when (SPOILER) Joker appears for the first time, the history improves a lot. The game also show the beginning of the Batman/Joker relationship and it's very good(SPOILER). The biggest problem, for me, is a bug that occurred when I was with 2 hours of gameplay. The screen got completely black and Batman began to fall in a very strange way. Then, I had to begin a new game. Expand
  69. Dec 27, 2013
    Regarding one of the reviews: "When you hit the level of perfection that Arkham City did, you can't change that without shooting yourself in the foot." In my opinion that's exactly what they did with this game. In honesty this game wasn't a complete failure, but it didn't have the heart the previous two games did. As you play throughout the game you can generally tell the developers wereRegarding one of the reviews: "When you hit the level of perfection that Arkham City did, you can't change that without shooting yourself in the foot." In my opinion that's exactly what they did with this game. In honesty this game wasn't a complete failure, but it didn't have the heart the previous two games did. As you play throughout the game you can generally tell the developers were sloppy and a lot of things will persistently bother you. I was a bit disappointed, as it was pretty clear this game was designed to be a guaranteed quick money grab riding on the success of the former batman games. But I'll give it a little credit, this game is still better than most of the trash they release these days. The story was good but not great. That's why I gave it a 7, which is a C, which is barely passing.

Around the middle of the game I became frustrated by all of the things that was wrong with this game and I started to take note of them. I have decided to inform you so that you may be warned. They aren't spoilers:

There are a LOT of things wrong with the combat system. Let me explain a few. I remember playing the previous two batman games and often getting 100x hit combos. It was difficult, but I remember it used to be deeply satisfying. In this game, that is nearly impossible. It's not that it is harder, but it is simply impossible to avoid getting hit under certain circumstances regardless of your playing skill. The problem is the "counter windows" (the little lightening symbols that indicate when an enemy is about to strike). Contrary to the previous two games, the "counter windows" are significantly shortened in this game. It is so short now in fact, that certain attack moves by batman take longer to execute than how long it takes for an enemy to display a "counter window", which leads to batman getting hit no matter what. Let me hit you with an example. Batman begins a double-front-flip-roundhouse-kick-to-the-face on a thug. In the middle of it, another thug comes up to him and throws a haymaker (the "counter window"). However, the "counter window" is so short now that batman cannot do anything except watch as he gets smacked before his foot connects to his original target. If the "counter window" were longer, batman would have countered the other thug before or after he had successfully kicked the other thug. This to me, is a major MAJOR flaw in an originally perfect, unique, and badazz combat system. I am extremely puzzled as to why the developers intentionally tweaked something so that it would be fundamentally broken. My guess to their answer is "we did this to make the combat harder". BULL. This is frustrating, not more challenging. Why take a perfect formula and ruin it? This totally turns me off from playing the combat bonus levels. Another thing that is wrong with the combat: lame gadgets. I know this was supposed to be "younger batman" but did they really have to take away all the fun gadgets? In arkham city I had so much fun chaining my combos being creative with so many of the quickfire gadgets. It was fantastic. Now there's only like four quickfire combat gadgets. And they're nothing new (ice grenade re-branded glue grenade? seriously?). And one more thing for the combat system: You cannot execute a glide kick unless you start from a ledge. Remember in the previous games when you were flying you got a little bat symbol over a thug's head if you could glide kick them (and it told you to press left click to execute)? Yeah, it's glitched even after the patch.

And overall the game's just filled with glitches that constantly annoy you. The silent takedown from the back of an enemy sometimes just doesn't work and you end up awkwardly running into them and getting shot in the face. And there's a gadget called the disruptor (the same gadget that disables guns and such in arkham city, except heavily nerfed) in which its bullets sometimes do not register on the enemy. One time with the disruptor I shot an enemy with a gun about 20 feet away, clear line of sight, and I ended up using all of its three shots simply because it glitched and wouldn't disable his gun.

Sometimes you finish a sidequest and the game tells you "you have unlocked a new waynetech upgrade" but it does not tell me which freakin upgrade I unlocked, or how to perform or use it. So I end up going through a good chunk of the game without knowing I could use a really cool combat move but couldn't because it didn't tell me about it.

One of the biggest letdowns of the game were its bosses. To describe them in three words without spoiling anything: uninteresting, unintimidating, and repetitive. I remember the good bosses of this game in the past: fighting killer croc, in which you just felt so helpless and terrified, and fighting mister freeze, in which he learned your fighting techniques against him and countered you.

I would recommend this game if it were around $20.
  70. Dec 27, 2013
    If you have played either of the two previous arkham games you are going to feel at home with arkham origins, it still has the same fantastic combat system and predator rooms however they added a fantastic new addition to game play with the added feature of detective mode even though the game could of done with more of this feature if im honest A brilliant game and one of the betterIf you have played either of the two previous arkham games you are going to feel at home with arkham origins, it still has the same fantastic combat system and predator rooms however they added a fantastic new addition to game play with the added feature of detective mode even though the game could of done with more of this feature if im honest A brilliant game and one of the better games of 2013 Expand
  71. Dec 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Yeah, it was never going to be Arkham City and break any of the records that it set, but it was definitely a good try to continue the series. When I first got this game (on xbox) I played it until I had about ten-fifteen hours of gameplay total. However, I was then hit by a bug that caused the game to crash and corrupt my data, meaning I had to start again. As you can imagine, this was very, very frustrating, and enough for me to lower the score from 8 to 7. Aside from that, I encountered no other bugs and everything ran smoothly.
    As for the story; I was very impressed with it, and I feel that it will go down as one of the most underrated stories of all time. However, I'm not talking about a lot of the Batman side of it (even though he's obviously the main character). I am talking about the small section where you play as joker and experience things from Joker's point of view. Visually, this was very impressive, and Troy Baker excellent voiceover really made me feel as if I was getting into the core of who Joker is.
    The mechanic remained the same- I'm sure the newbie WB studios used an ethos of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' with the combat. That said, I felt that the combat was lacking some of the snappy responsiveness that it had in City, to the point where I had to press counter BEFORE the counter marker came up, risking losing my combo. Detective mode has been redone, and it was impressive. The first few times round. After a lot of case files, the whole 'rewind, fast forward' thing became really tedious.
    To round it off; This is a good game. Still one of the best batman games out there. Probably superior to Asylum, but nowhere near the perfection of City.
  72. Dec 26, 2013
    The frustration this game made me feel made me uninstall it an hour after playing it for the first time. I would not buy anything from this developer again.
  73. Dec 24, 2013
    The game brings us back to being the Batman with a awesome story, superb Boss Fights, a huge world and a lot of Batman Characters.

If you love Batman Arkham Asylum or City, You will still love this
  74. Dec 22, 2013
    Game by itself looks pretty good, but fighting is boring and story is terrible. This game isn´t so bad. But this game isn´t good either. It´s 50% done and 50% fu××ed up. Starts great... continues horribly wrong... ends not so bad. But anyway I won´t recommend it.
  75. Dec 18, 2013
    Very disappointing, they should not have handed the game off as it did not go very well. Batman Arkham Origins is more of the same just not done as well. There seems to be a different timing then the first game as well, and the feeling of batman is reduced as stealth isn't as large a part of the game. It turns into a rather bland button masher that was extremely disappointing for me asVery disappointing, they should not have handed the game off as it did not go very well. Batman Arkham Origins is more of the same just not done as well. There seems to be a different timing then the first game as well, and the feeling of batman is reduced as stealth isn't as large a part of the game. It turns into a rather bland button masher that was extremely disappointing for me as I loved the first two games. It is not steam protected so that is better than windows live crap. I would not recommend this game to anyone fans of the old version or those who are looking for something new. Like I said this is a rehash of the older two games just not as well done. The new detective ability was cool but rarely used, and the graphics were nice that is about the total of the good things about this game. Expand
  76. Dec 17, 2013
    For me it was the best Batman game ever. Everything that was good in BAC and BAA you have here but more and stronger. The beginning of legend is very interesting in plot and characters. Younger Bruce is more violent and has bigger temper. I made this game for 100% with ever single collectible. And I want more. Of course after a patch that removed bugs. Gameplay is perfect, graphics, musicFor me it was the best Batman game ever. Everything that was good in BAC and BAA you have here but more and stronger. The beginning of legend is very interesting in plot and characters. Younger Bruce is more violent and has bigger temper. I made this game for 100% with ever single collectible. And I want more. Of course after a patch that removed bugs. Gameplay is perfect, graphics, music and voice acting too. If You ever played Batman before You will love this one, if not better start with BAA and then go to BAO. One big minus for me is that Mark Hamill doesn't give his voice to Joker. Expand
  77. Dec 17, 2013
    The good is simple, everything you liked about Arkham City as far as game play goes, is back in full force with better boss battles. How it all gels together though is to be desired. Now for the bad:

Story: Now, my favourite aspect of a game's story is the level of urgency (hence why Bioshock 1 is my least favourite of the 3 and why I just never got into the Last of Us (and probably

Story:

Now, my favourite aspect of a game's story is the level of urgency (hence why Bioshock 1 is my least favourite of the 3 and why I just never got into the Last of Us (and probably wouldn't care much for 2 souls)). I dont feel the initial rush I felt in either Asylum or City. Man, those games were great at the beginning, so immersive. This one left me a bit in the cold (HA! Cause it's winter...). The story seemed hap hazard, which makes sense for a more open world game. This game, more unlike the other two, wants to be an open world game where you are Batman doing whatever Batman has to do, confronting a bunch of villains a night. I prefer stories where the city is actually at stake, rather than my own life (or rather, Batman's life). This game is more personal and more akin to an open world game like Skyrim than a metroid vania type game with a singular story.

In Arkham Origins, there is a scene where people are held hostage and batman tells Alfred he has to handle it first before doing anything else. There was great immediacy. But then I realized I didnt have to help right away. I could scan some tagged buildings or take out one of Enigma's networks. Even while on the actual mission, I can just do whatever I want when I want to.

Game Design

My complaints are on this game having a different intention than the previous where it is trying to be more of a grand theft auto game. HOWEVER, if it is to have different intentions, then why is it a copy paste of the other games? Especially City. This angers me to no end. Yes, I agree, the riddler trophies in City may have been tedious, but I didnt see it that way then. I needed this game to see it, and you know why? Because it's the same thing. Everything has been copy pasted. Instead of Zsaz making you travel to a location, you have Anarky. Instead of riddler trophies, you have data packs instead of riddler signs that only get revealed with detective vision (my personal favourite from Azylum), you have Anarcky tags (why would he use invisible ink to tag big buildings to show that he's an activist, isn't that counter intuitive?), instead of Venom containers, you have Black Mask drug containers (I think), DeadShot is still just a sidequest like before (after all that marketing, really?), instead of TIGER Cameras, you have Riddler network servers/modems/antennas and the list goes on. There is no inventiveness; it’s just a tedious copy paste of previous missions that are included here because they were found in other games before. This makes no sense story wise and is very boring game play wise.

If you really want this Batman game, at least wait till after Christmas when it’s cheaper.
  78. Dec 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I enjoy playing as batman, and I like the ability to use the batwing to get from one end to the other quickly. However, this batman seems to lack something. It's noticible that splash damage made this game, the makers of Brink, and not rocksteady. It's just not as fun when thinking of the other two previous games.

I'm also not keen on the forced online mode. It doesn't seem fun at all trying to play FPS in batman game. Sure wish this was batman and robin playing together through the city in co-op mode, with more story. That would have been fun.

WARNING: THIS CONTAINS SPOILERS BELOW THIS POINT

mARK HAMill is the only joker outside of Heath Ledger, or Jack Nicolson. The Joker in this seems forced, too different in character from the other games. The change of both batman and Joker's voice in this game broke the asthetic for me, and the connection the other two games built.
  79. Dec 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this game was alright. Wasn't good and it wasn't bad. I enjoyed some of the additions such as crimes in progress and the most wanted series but I didn't really make full use of the bat simulator in the bat cave. I also really appreciated the fast travel system because the map in arkham origins is pretty damn big. I couldn't really get into the game however because of the negative hype surrounding it. I also found some of the bosses frustrating and buggy such as killer Croc and bane but I got the the bridge part of the game and decided to call it quits then. All in all, if you are a huge batman fan, you will want to get this game but you may find it disappointing. Expand
  80. Dec 15, 2013
    The Devs are not only reviewing their own game in the user reviews, giving perfect 10's with reviews that read like Infomercial Ads, and ignoring everything wrong with it. They also released a game that is unpolished, buggy, and slapped together in an obvious rush.

After playing the masterpiece that was Arkham City and the much acclaimed Arkham Asylum, I can't help but feel that the developers just copy and pasted bits and pieces carelessly. It shows in everything, even the animations. This could have worked as DLC, but not as a whole new game with a premium price tag.
  81. Dec 8, 2013
    I really don't understand why this has such bad ratings. The graphics are too good for my pc and I have a top of the line system, but still it looks better than any Xbox One or PS4 game available. The story, gameplay, and choreography has been superb so far, so that justifies at least a 9. I haven't beat the game yet, but after at least 10 hours of gameplay it definitely deserves at leastI really don't understand why this has such bad ratings. The graphics are too good for my pc and I have a top of the line system, but still it looks better than any Xbox One or PS4 game available. The story, gameplay, and choreography has been superb so far, so that justifies at least a 9. I haven't beat the game yet, but after at least 10 hours of gameplay it definitely deserves at least a 9. I may alter my rating to a 10 if the ending is as good as it has been so far. I almost didn't' buy this because of the rating, but not I know to put less faith in these ratings. Expand
  82. Dec 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm a big fan of the Arkham games, my favorite being Arkham city, but this game i was a bit disappointed in.

I was disappointed that Joker was yet again the person behind everything. I was really looking forward to another person taking that place, like at first i thought it would be Black mask because it built up to it so good, then it feel dead when it turns out Joker kidnapped him, but then it was starting to build up to Bane being the boss at the end, which would have been great on the account he was smart, cunning and knew that Bruce Wayne was Batman. Again it feel dead after he went dumb and mega-strong, which i understood, but was still sad about..
    When you go to confront the Joker all you do is beat him up and leave, i thought it might have been like the last two games were he makes the fight harder for Batman, for example in Arkham city, when he sent loads of his minions to fight Batman whist there were high speed train going at him, then he blow the roof up and trapped you (then catwoman saves you), which you then confront him (then he blows the floor and you fight clay face) and Joker dies which in my option was executed perfectly.

Another thing that disappointed me was the Riddler (or enigma) missions in the game which were short and boring, making them pointless. The Arkham games are known for it Riddler missions are always big and puzzling, plus there's something at risk like hostages, but in this game the end result is you get your very first Riddler trophy, which does make you feel like you waste a bit of your time.

Other then that the story is really good, because of the great twists and turns, and the one part when u save Alfred from dying
  83. Dec 4, 2013
    This game is underrated. Batman: Arkham Origins still manage to catch the Batman-feel just as good as Arkham Asylum and City did. It`s still Batman. The game suffers from some bugs and the framerate on console is more or less alittle bit unstable. However it offers 12 hours of gameplay trough the singleplayer, it has an original multiplayer, and the grapichs are pretty good and a decentThis game is underrated. Batman: Arkham Origins still manage to catch the Batman-feel just as good as Arkham Asylum and City did. It`s still Batman. The game suffers from some bugs and the framerate on console is more or less alittle bit unstable. However it offers 12 hours of gameplay trough the singleplayer, it has an original multiplayer, and the grapichs are pretty good and a decent amount of side-missions to do after you`ve completed the singleplayer. Some glitches here and there but it never bothered me. The story is well built up and engaging. The only thing that really sucked with this game is the poor boss-fights. They`re to easy, to repetetive and way to short! However, I really enjoyed this game all the way trough, it`s not as good as the other two, but it`s sure as hell a very neat prequel. Expand
  84. Dec 3, 2013
    IT STINKS! IT STINKS! IT STINKS! IT STINKS! IT STINKS! IT STINKS! IT STINKS! IT STINKS! IT STINKS!
    on a serious note don't touch this with a ten foot pole because IT STINKS!
  85. Dec 3, 2013
    What a breath of fresh air! The Arkham series has done it again. For all the batman comic geeks; you will be impressed...mostly. For the rest of you arkham asylum/city fans: get. this. game. The only thing I didnt really like about this game was the very very minor 'adjustments' made to the canon story. Give it an easy 9.5
  86. Dec 3, 2013
    I pre ordered the game since I loved the previous ones. However, it fell short because of a plethora of bugs, some of them even hindering you from continuing the story line until they were patched. I would like to say that the game improves on its predecessor but unfortunately it does not. This review only concerns the single player portion of the game.

Navigating the city is fun, but

Navigating the city is fun, but some buildings are "ungrappable" for weird reasons and it really ruins the flow of the otherwise good navigation. A welcome addition is the Batwing that enables you to fast travel after unlocking fast travel points. Another new addition is the Bat Cave, where you retrieve items, start challenges and talk to Alfred.

There's only one new usable item, which I won't spoil. For some reason the Freeze Blast wan't good enough and it is now named Glue Grenade, with the exact same usage.

Most boss fights are extremely generic and simply feels like an exchange of blows. Counter the boss, beat him up, counter him, beat him up. The game is very rarely difficult. The fighting is fun, but not challenging. The challenging (and fun) part is racking up huge combos. I don't understand the choice of villains either when there are so many recognizable ones from the Batman universe.

The story isn't as engaging as the two previous games either. However, it is pretty fun that no one knows who you are and in some conversations you can really hear the fear among your enemies, not sure if you exist or not.

By now I certainly hope that all bugs that I encountered are fixed. Here's the bugs I encountered:
    Batman disappears after fast travelling (had to reload).
    Mouse always visible in game, no matter what I did.
    Riddler informants displayed on map but not there when you arrive.
    Falling through the ground.
    Enemies getting stuck in environment.
    You getting stuck in the environment (happened once, and it's an open world game so it is forgivable)
    A vent that wasn't passable, hindering the story (Patched pretty quickly though).

If you liked Arkam City, you will like this. No matter what people say, it is more of the same, but that is not necessarily a bad thing. The game looks beautiful, it never stuttered except for some slow motion finishers. Combat is fun if huge combos is what you strive for.
  87. Dec 3, 2013
    The combat system has definitely fallen far from the majestic tree that was Arkham City. Some gamers claim that it's just harder because it's technically earlier in the story line and Batman is less experienced. As a programmer I can tell you that's not the case. It's simply buggy. You will die a lot and it will not be fair or fun.
  88. Dec 1, 2013
    First of all, I believe it's a worthy successor to the previous Arkham games. While I agree that there is not as much innovation from Arkham City to Origins as we were able to see from Arkham Asylum to City, the game is fun, and the cinematic sequences do a lot to immerse the player into the story. Batman is definitely a whole lot darker and unrefined and I really like the addition of theFirst of all, I believe it's a worthy successor to the previous Arkham games. While I agree that there is not as much innovation from Arkham City to Origins as we were able to see from Arkham Asylum to City, the game is fun, and the cinematic sequences do a lot to immerse the player into the story. Batman is definitely a whole lot darker and unrefined and I really like the addition of the Batcave as the base of operations. It's a mix between Batman Begins and The 1989/90s Tim Burton movies base on atmosphere and encountered adversaries, and that works really well. I like the winter/Christmas atmosphere. Just the right thing for this time of year. I also like that a lot of abilities/gadgets do not have to be re-earned, but are now readily available. While this does not make sense in the time line continuity, it stops the repetitiveness and frustration.

The game is also challenging, even on lower skill levels, and some of the boss fights do get close to being frustrating, but the game manages to awaken the want to finish the fight. Once again, similar to the previous games, a good game to me means that I want to come back to it, and keep playing and replaying it. The Batman: Arkham franchise checks all those marks.
  89. Nov 30, 2013
    Taking over from Rocksteady for the third game, WB Games Montréal tries to reach the heights of the first two Arkham games with an interesting origin story of the Dark Knight. But can they live deliver and live up on the expectations? It's around two years after Bruce has put on the mask for the first time, so he still supposed to be a newbie at his outings at night. This Batman, howeverTaking over from Rocksteady for the third game, WB Games Montréal tries to reach the heights of the first two Arkham games with an interesting origin story of the Dark Knight. But can they live deliver and live up on the expectations? It's around two years after Bruce has put on the mask for the first time, so he still supposed to be a newbie at his outings at night. This Batman, however can act and look like a beginner but his moves tell us otherwise.

When it comes to gameplay Origins is almost a clone to Arkham City. The combos, special moves and counters look and feel like the same. There are time when you feel the new team tried to innovate here and there, but those, like countering enemies, aren't decisive enough. On the other hand any game would be delighted to have a combat system like Arkham City, so in the matter of fact the gameplay still works perfectly. It's just that the innovation is missing, which is the game's greatest flaw. There are new gadgets, but even those are sometimes carbon copies of the missing ones, for example the Glue Grenade which has the exact same effect as the Freeze Grenade in Arkham City.

One thing you can certainly be hyped for in the game is its story. The game delivers from that perspective putting in front of you a greatly crafted, interesting story which is furthermore amplified by the cast. The Joker, Bane, Black Mask star in the game but others have their important roles as well. It's a tale that is on par with the comic books. And one more word about the cast; even though the Batman's and Joker's voices has been replaced most of the time you won't notice any major difference as Roger Craig Smith and Troy Baker both make hard effort to genuinely impersonate those two epic characters.

So, yes 8 assassins are after you on Christmas Eve to kill you even though you aren't as big player in Gotham as you'll become. Interestingly not all of them get the same amount of space. One thing the games does very well are the boss fights. In the first two games there weren't any really challenging and grand boss fights as we had hoped for (except Poison Ivy), but in this game almost every boss has its differently paced fight. There is a different strategy to beating every one of them. This keeps the games varied and you'll always look forward to the next boss. While beating up assassins and progressing in the story there is the moment when you suddenly realize that "this is THE time". The time when those two will meet...for the first time...and you are about to witness it all. It's a thing the creators weren't allowed to screw up. It had to be epic. And it is. The time when Joker reflects on his first meeting with Batman is just unbelievably awesome.

Arkham Origins is a really good looking game but there is very little innovation over Arkham City. It's not the best looking game of 2013, but looks great enough to hold up with the competition. Mainly the character models are those that stand out. Batman, Joker, Bane and all of the major characters look detailed. On the audio front it isn't as strong as City. Simply the prominent melodies aren't there that support you as the predator of the night. It's a bit of a disappointment.

After you finish the main campaign, which shouldn't take longer than 8 hours, you can do the side-quests Arkham City style. The overall content here is somewhat less than in the second game, but you can easily squeeze out 20 hours by searching every inch of Gotham for data packs and tags on wall. What is very discouraging that WB Montréal didn't have the balls to bring some innovation where they really could have. And those are the side quests, which are again mostly copies of those in Arkham City. There you had to look for phones by the time the counter hit zero, here you have to race to bombs. Before you had to collect question marks, here you have to pick up data packs. The names and locations are changed, but most of the work you have to do remained the same. If this wasn't a Batman game everybody would call it a rip-off. Crime scene investigations are the one that stands out. Those are really new and fun, but it's not groundbreaking. We appreciate the effort though. When you're finished you can fight in the familiar challenge mode or the new multiplayer.

Batman: Arkham Origins is a super game that took everything that made Arkham Origins a stellar title and kept all of them. However, they played it very safe introducing only a handful innovation none of which is strong enough to hold out. The side-quests are a real disappointment. When you are like Arkham City you are great, but after playing that game for 40 hours it's not enough just to be like it. Fans will appreciate the story, but everything else (missions, quests, places, etc.) is something we have seen already. And this is why the game will divide fans and players.

Rating: 85/100; Replay Value: 3/5; To Beat: 8 hours (main campaign), 20+ hours (with collectibles); Played on: normal.
  90. Nov 29, 2013
    This is not the same Batman (Asylum and City) that you are used to. The combat is slightly off, the game was rushed, it contains numerous glitches, and the villains are second tier to say the least. Clearly, WB has "EA'd" this game. They are no doubt going to continue to push crappy DLC, worthless online, and substandard single player modes in an attempt to make more money. PlayingThis is not the same Batman (Asylum and City) that you are used to. The combat is slightly off, the game was rushed, it contains numerous glitches, and the villains are second tier to say the least. Clearly, WB has "EA'd" this game. They are no doubt going to continue to push crappy DLC, worthless online, and substandard single player modes in an attempt to make more money. Playing Origins, you quickly realize that WB making money is more important that making games. It's a shame. Expand
  91. Nov 29, 2013
    This game has got awesome boss fights .cool gadgets and you have opportunity to say cuz I am the batman. Must play game for batman fans and joker too :D
  92. Nov 28, 2013
    It's not as good as previous outings, which has disappointed a lot of people, but still a great game. It lacks the polish of Arkham City, but City also had it's issues on it's release. Combat is still as enjoyable with a few inventive additions, but a couple of the weapons seem overpowered. The ending is especially enjoyable.

Graphics is excellent, with nice high-res textures, but the

Graphics is excellent, with nice high-res textures, but the art direction, especially for the goons, is somewhat muted compared to the previous games. NVidia 3D Vision support is excellent.
  93. Nov 25, 2013
    The Batman Arkham series has been critically acclaimed for it's fast paced action, fluid combat and above all because "you're Batman". Batman Arkham Origins is a prequel to the series and although it is not as revolutionary as the other two games I would say it is still a great addition to the series. This game features Batman meeting some of the Gotham super-villains for the first timeThe Batman Arkham series has been critically acclaimed for it's fast paced action, fluid combat and above all because "you're Batman". Batman Arkham Origins is a prequel to the series and although it is not as revolutionary as the other two games I would say it is still a great addition to the series. This game features Batman meeting some of the Gotham super-villains for the first time such as The Joker, Bane, Deadshot and Black Mask. The graphics in this game are a step up from Arkham City and Batman has a new batsuit that looks more armoured. The combat remains the same with a few new gadgets such as the concussion detonator. The story is great, it starts with Black Mask putting a bounty of 50 million dollars on the death of Batman. Eight assassins take up the offer Bane, Deadshot, Firefly, Deathstroke, Shiva, copperhead, Electrocutioner and Killer Croc. I will not tell you more about the story for spoiler reasons but I can reveal that there is a massive twist. There are many bossfights and I must say they were all very good and polished compared to the Arkham City ones that were stun, beatdown,stun beatdown,stun beatdown, knockout. The one I enjoyed most was the copperhead bossfight when she drugged you and she made you see lots of her and you have to beat all the clones to harm the actual copperhead. This was reminiscent of the arkham asylum scarecrow fear gas hallucinations. There was a few bugs and glithches the first time I played through, one made me not able to complete the game, but these have been generally fixed with patches so it should be fine play right now. The multiplayer is a new addition to the series which I did not have very high hopes for but it surprised me and I found I loved it. There are 3 teams 2v3v3 You are either Batman or Robin on one side and the other 2 teams are Joker's goons or Bane's goons. As batman or Robin you fly around, sorry glide around taking out thugs stealthily because only a few bullets can kill you, while you do this a meter is filling up for every takedown and if this meter is full then Batman and Robin win however this is very hard to do although it is fun silent takedowning (is that a word?) real people for once, not that I'd do it in real life(I've tried it didn't work but I got a sharp slap from one of my brothers).The Gang's job is to capture posts and kill off the other team's reinforcement counter. If one of the gang's are killed off then the other gang wins.Once per game one person in the gang's will have a chance to play as Bane or The Joker which is also an enjoyable experience. Overall Batman Arkham Origins is very good. The game felt new at the beginning but then it just felt like a bigger Arkham city until you meet The Joker then it feels like a unique game again. WB Montreal has done enough taking over Rocksteady for this game to make it an enjoyable experience but some of the game just felt like the same S**t put into a new title but thankfully there was enough variation to make this game feel like it's own game although it is not revolutionary. If you liked the last 2 games you will love this game because it is more of what you love and then some. Thanks for reading and remember "your batman". Expand
  94. Nov 24, 2013
    The whole reason I became a huge Batman fan is because of the Arkham franchise. I would easily give it a 9 if it weren't for the bugs. And not just solely on PC, but on consoles too. The game was clearly rushed with the amount of bugs on launch and there's no excuse for the multiplayer problems with the console beta tests. Besides these frustrating bugs though, the game is very well doneThe whole reason I became a huge Batman fan is because of the Arkham franchise. I would easily give it a 9 if it weren't for the bugs. And not just solely on PC, but on consoles too. The game was clearly rushed with the amount of bugs on launch and there's no excuse for the multiplayer problems with the console beta tests. Besides these frustrating bugs though, the game is very well done for a first attempt with a first attempt of Warner Bros. Once all the bugs are cleaned out I'm sure it'll be much more enjoyable. A lot of critics will say that this game is "more of the same" and just a personal input for these people: It is no different from Call of Duty, Battlefield or any other big name games. This combat system is what made these particular Batman games the best out of all the terrible previous attempts. Expand
  95. Nov 23, 2013
    At first it's very fun. But firstly. The game has a whole los of bugs, and secondly, it is very repetitive. After some time it's always the same. Button-smashing, gliding arund and battling Bosses.
  96. Nov 23, 2013
    I had just written a nice 5000 character review but instead of posting it I accidentally pressed backspace and lost it. I'm not willing to write it again so I'll just summarize it.

I played a patched version of Origins so I didn't experience many bugs described here. I've experienced a few minor bugs, though. What I liked in Origins: 1-Amazing graphics, even better than Arkham

I've experienced a few minor bugs, though.

What I liked in Origins:

1-Amazing graphics, even better than Arkham City's, which I thought impossible to top in 2013.
    2-The same old great navigation and combat mechanics. There are new moves too and fights are still thrilling. Never lose this, please!
    3-Some of the same good old gadgets, but also new ones and redesigned ones too.
    4-New side missions, improved crime scene missions (they look like CSI rather than Batman)
    5-Same good old play modes plus new challenge modes available
    6-Extended map (almost doubled) and new fast travel feature.
    7-Great voice acting, as always, perhaps a bit weaker, but still great.
    8-Added proper and more realistic ledges for each building. You won't find gargoyles in a steel mill anymore.
    9-The story goes back to the beginning of the exploits of Gotham's dark night, which represents a breath of fresh air. Thugs seem to think you are just an urban legend...you show them how mistaken they are time and again, and it's hilarious.
    10-Ability to go back to the Batcave almost anytime.

What I didn't like:

1-The story is too short, with considerably less "character duels", plots and fights overall.
    2-The game is too easy...either that or I've become a true combat machine. Overall, combat situations aren't as dense and challenging as they were in Arkham city.
    3-There seems to be less content with respect to the previous title. Less side missions, less enigma trophies, etc.
    4-Even though Origins is a pretty much flawless game, I found some bugs that forced me to reload a couple of times and made my final duel with Bane a little weird.
    5-This is related to number 1 and 2, but still, gadgets are too easy to get too early, which makes the game even shorter and easier.

As you can see, I Iiked this game despite its shortcomings. The problem is that Arkham city was so amazing, so long, so complete and filled with so many side missions and other stuff that Origins isn't able to completely live up to it as some people expected.
    If you liked the Arkham saga, you won't be too disappointed with Origins. This is a pretty solid saga and I'm happy it exists because I haven't found any other saga that can be compared to it, not even AC.
  97. Nov 22, 2013
    Batman Arkham Origins doesn't offer you any excitement if you already played previous Arkham games. When we first played Arkham Asylum, we felt like true Batman. When we played Arkham City, we wandered around in open world, in the city, which is a really different feeling from previous game Asylum. But in this game, Arkham City feel continues with a combination Arkam Asylum story. CoolBatman Arkham Origins doesn't offer you any excitement if you already played previous Arkham games. When we first played Arkham Asylum, we felt like true Batman. When we played Arkham City, we wandered around in open world, in the city, which is a really different feeling from previous game Asylum. But in this game, Arkham City feel continues with a combination Arkam Asylum story. Cool game, i've just completed it. However, i wanted to experience something new. Mechanics have been improved but combat is almost copy paste. Different gadgets are cool, but almost half of them are the same. I wanted to see Batmobile and i expected a more open world city game like GTA, Saints Row. But no, there are no vehicles to use except fast travel Batwing, kind of plane which Batman uses. You can't control it either, not even once. Just cinematic shows up when you fast travel. I think Arkham trilogy ends with this game. The next Batman game must be really different or it will be another Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty tragedy. I want to walk into the streets, i wanna see civillians, cars, i want to see a living city. I hope they consider it and the next Batman game will be the top of these three games. Expand
  98. Nov 20, 2013
    The Arkham series is one of my favorites, and tho this game was not made by the original studio, the game was good still. They improved the gameplay, you can move more freely and combat feels more challenging. What they did with detective mode making it more elaborated was good too. The story while not as well developed as the previous games, it still hold it's own. The best thing aboutThe Arkham series is one of my favorites, and tho this game was not made by the original studio, the game was good still. They improved the gameplay, you can move more freely and combat feels more challenging. What they did with detective mode making it more elaborated was good too. The story while not as well developed as the previous games, it still hold it's own. The best thing about this game is the boss fights, they really improved the game in that department.
    Gotham may be bigger, but it doesn't feel as well developed, same thing with the story. The voice acting is not bad, but you do miss the previous actors. Overall Batman Arkham Origins is a good game, but not great.
  99. Nov 18, 2013
    To get it out of the way: I had fun playing Origins.
    Keep in mind that Arkham City raised the bar to an excessively high level, and that even Rocksteady themselves most likely would not have been able to reproduce that caliber of experience again.
    Hands down, the game was not as good as City, but was still a great game and mainly suffers because of the comparisons. It is extremely
    To get it out of the way: I had fun playing Origins.
    It is extremely difficult for me to fairly judge a game when I am biased and comparing it to an earlier version. All I find myself really wanting to do is bash Origins for everything that keeps it from exceeding the caliber of City, but no matter how much I criticize Origins for its lack thereof...again...I still had a lot of fun playing it. Joker's performance is one of my favorite interpretations of the character.
    However, one flaw I would like to point out is that Origins is significantly less optimized than City with horrendous framerate drops during cutscenes, and also that the game was released with a few bugs that have since then been mostly dealt with.

I gave Arkham City a 10/10, and Origins is still a great game to play but loses points for poor optimization and a few minor bugs that keep it from being perfect.

ADDITION: THE MULTIPLAYER!
    The multiplayer of this game is amazing and a true "diamond in the rough" type game. Just like the Assassins Creed's Multiplayer, it is extremely underrated, unique and innovative. Do not overlook the multiplayer if you own the game, it is worth the unique experience.
  100. Nov 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of this games only flaws is that it had 2 much loved games that proceeded it, a handful of changes in artist direction and voice actors may be the reason this game is slumping in scores.
    [Character SPOILERS]

Fans of Arkham City will feel at home with this title, it's a different story told in a familiar setting. The city feels a little more fleshed out and some of the action (boss fights) in the game actually take place in some interesting places but only a few though the best I thought by far was Deathstroke that was actually difficult enough to be a challenge and visually pleasing enough to want to keep playing, even though I got my ass beat I still felt like Batman while it happened.

There is nothing that makes me feel less like the worlds greatest detective than being stuck in a room and not knowing which door I'm supposed to be going through... This game like it's 2 predecessors suffers from this.

The storyline was really enjoyable, I feel like this title stepped away from the cartoon theme of the other two and made it a bit more aimed at adults which for me made it a great deal more enjoyable. The setting seemed grittier and the cut-scene's less Loony Tunes and more Nolan.

There were mechanisms in the game that seemed to be thrown in for the hell of it (Glue raft?) which was there just to pad out the game I think, I feel like having the game run a 30 minutes less but loosing some of the pissing about would have done this game a favor. Door hacking is irritating enough, having to shoot a box with a really slow jammer gun and then hack a door? Doubly so.

I'd be really happy if the franchise continued down this route, make more boss fights like the death-stroke one and keep the story interesting and I'll keep buying them.

It's well optimized, looks pretty nice, freeflow combat felt a little more difficult but was just as satisfying and best story so far (in my opinion).

-1 point for glitches (One Riddler glitch had me stuck in a room and needing to restart) and -1 point for feeling a little too familiar... glue raft.
  101. Oct 25, 2013
    Rocksteady put their souls into the first two Batman games, Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. Warner Bros Montreal clearly is only interested in doing the absolute minimum necessary to make a slightly new game in order to turn a quick profit.

1. Dec 13, 2013
    "You don't want to be the guys who messed up and ran into the ground one of the absolute, top-rated franchises of all time. You don't want that at the top of your CV. 'Yeah, I'm the guy who turned a 96 into a 60, that's my claim to fame,’ said Arkham Origins’ producer Ben Matts a couple of days before the game’s release. Turns out, they did exactly that.
  2. Nov 27, 2013
    There's definitely some re-tread going on with Batman: Arkham Origins, but the combat, the relatively good story (B-list villain aside), the powerful feeling of being Batman in video game form has only muted my enthusiasm for the franchise by the smallest of margins.
  3. Nov 25, 2013
    You can't go wrong with sticking to Rocksteady's Bat-formula, however it is starting to feel a little played out. [December 2013, p.93]