4.0

1. PhilP.
    Oct 8, 2005
    This ain't definatly BoBII, but BoB 1.5... Gee, at least they should complete the freaking game, not to mention the crashes and bugs.
  2. FlightsimF.
    Aug 27, 2005
    Not very good by todays standard should have used new coding. its just rowans bob with better graphics.. and it crashes ALOT... il2 still rules.
  3. KrayS.
    Sep 1, 2005
    Hardcore but good. Makes a good companion to IL2.
  4. CharlesI.
    Sep 2, 2005
    Poor gfx perfomance sinks this promising sim. Cannot attain useable frame rates at 1024x768 even on a 6800GT/Athlon 64 3000+/1.5GB ram system. Needs desperately to be patched to improve perfomance in this area.
  5. James
    Sep 30, 2005
    Crashy Crash Crash, Very Poor.
  6. Chris
    Sep 7, 2005
    Great idea Good game needs to be more stable . Crashes a lot.
  7. OresteT.
    Dec 21, 2005
    Although the game general approach is rather good, it is completely unusable due to frequent crashes. The developing company is a very low quality one.
  8. BrianS.
    Dec 25, 2005
    I want my money back, the code has more bugs than than a dead donkey and to release it in this unplayable state borders on the unscrupulous - I feel I have been conned and will never endorse or buy anything else from them. DO NOT BUY IT
  9. ShwanS.
    Dec 28, 2005
    I hoped that release of BoB II will defeat Pacific Fighters... Unfortunately this sim crash too often and the graphics isn't far from CFS 3. So I rate it with a 1. Sorry... :(
  10. AndyH.
    Oct 23, 2005
    What a load of rubbish. Doesn't work properly with any of my joysticks (I have 11), over-complicated control set, hangs a lot, looks old-fashioned even on a HD CAD monitor. Avoid.
  11. IanD.
    Aug 29, 2005
    After all the hype, this is a very mediocre and uninspiring game. When you flown IL2 and Pacific Fighters, frankly there's no going back. This one doesn't even come close.
  12. Michael
    Sep 29, 2005
    This game doesnt live up to the hype. Pacific Fighters is still King!
  13. BilesTabernacky
    Sep 20, 2006
    Crashed when I installed it. I then patched it. It does not crash now.
    Modable. See the web site.
    Lots of support offered. Already a community that cares. The wargame contained in the game is tough. Well done. (I thought IL-2 [all flavours] sucked bad. Funny that) I can get acceptable frame rates even when in the midst of massive fleets of bombers and fighters whizzing all over. I
    Crashed when I installed it. I then patched it. It does not crash now.
    Modable. See the web site.
    Lots of support offered. Already a community that cares.
    The wargame contained in the game is tough. Well done.
    (I thought IL-2 [all flavours] sucked bad. Funny that)
    I recommend users apply the patches and go to the forum to seek advice, rather than whining.
    Just my $.02

1. Battle of Britain II's enhanced stability and updated graphics are compelling enough on their own, but when you toss in a 140-page printed manual and a bonus 52-minute "Battle of Britain" DVD, that $50 game box starts to look even better. [Oct 2005, p.66]
  2. Battle of Britain 2: Wings of Victory waits for a patch to make it steadier. A great campaign system and a very interesting flight model provide lots of good single player action. [Oct 2005]
  3. Until the bugs are squashed, Eurogamer cant recommend Wings Of Victory to anyone but wealthy sim completists with a gambling streak.