BattleBlock Theater PC

7.9

1. Jun 30, 2014
    Battleblock theater is a game that really shines in co-op mode - either locally (which is a blast on a TV with a few controllers), or online (which is best when the other person/people are on skype or similar). I recommend using a controller however, as I would usually for platformers. If you are using a keyboard, I would suggest rebinding the keys, because the defaults are rubbish. TheBattleblock theater is a game that really shines in co-op mode - either locally (which is a blast on a TV with a few controllers), or online (which is best when the other person/people are on skype or similar). I recommend using a controller however, as I would usually for platformers. If you are using a keyboard, I would suggest rebinding the keys, because the defaults are rubbish. The head/weapon system works well and if you really don't want to work for them yourself you could always buy them off steam market quite cheaply. The visual aspect is really appealing and the narration is excellent. The music isn't the best I have ever seen but it fits the game and is pleasant to listen to.

All up it really is a fun game to play with friends - but not much fun by yourself. If you've had enough of trying to beat Spelunky or FTL, this is a great game to chill with some friends.
    9/10 maybe single-player could be a little more enticing.
  2. Jul 23, 2014
    I had lots of fun playing this game, there was a very good story it has online and local co-op. There are 360 prisoners to collect too. It gets challenging but fun.
  3. Jan 23, 2015
    First things first: this is one of the funniest games that you will ever play. And here's why; the narrator is absolutely out of his mind, the plot consists of cats who have somehow taken prisoners, and you get the opportunity to change your character's face and color each and every time that you play. Now if that doesn't make you want this game then you should have your head checkedFirst things first: this is one of the funniest games that you will ever play. And here's why; the narrator is absolutely out of his mind, the plot consists of cats who have somehow taken prisoners, and you get the opportunity to change your character's face and color each and every time that you play. Now if that doesn't make you want this game then you should have your head checked immediately, because something just ain't right up there.

Aside from the hilarious lines and the evil evil kitties, this game is a surprisingly fun platformer that will keep you entertained until the very end. The levels aren't long, but can get extremely frustrating from time to time, especially if you're trying to collect every gem. And even though there aren't any "bosses" in the game, the last level of every floor is timed, and can be pretty difficult to get through. All-in-all, if you're looking for a new platformer to sink your teeth in to, consider picking this game up as it's one of the best platformers on Steam.

And if you don't, then you'd better watch your back, because the cats are surely coming for you. Oh yeah, and did I mention that the soundtrack is totally awesome? Because it is. And anyone who knows their platformers knows how incredibly important a killer soundtrack can be. What are you still doing here? Go! Now! Get this game!
  4. May 21, 2014
    I realized how great this game was when I managed to shock myself after uttering for the first time the phrase: "Wow, you can fart yourself to death!"

People are comparing this game to the likes of Castle Crashers, Super Meat Boy, Fez and even Minecraft. The truth is: it's nothing like any of those games. It's nothing like anything made ever in ever forever. It's an completely fresh and utterly unique platformer with colourful graphics and an absurd story-line.

Most of the fun comes with finding out and trying to deal with how bonkers this game actually is... You play as what I can only guess are doodles of humans who shipwrecked onto a mysterious island. The captain of the ship, Hatty Hattington, is possessed by a magical top hat he is forced to wear by the humanoid ginger cats who inhabit the island's creepy run-down theater. If you're having trouble grasping this, then you are not alone. These humanoid cats, or at least the security-worker cats, name you and all other crew members of your ship their prisoners and force you to entertain the civilian population of the island, who are also cats.

The humour had me laughing the whole time, and I played for four hours. I'm not even anywhere near completing even the main story-line; the game has so many levels and only sometimes gets repetitive, even despite it's simple premise. On the rare occasion it does get redundant it throws in another mechanic or unlocks another weapon and the fun returns. The story-line is only two player, but there are some sports-styled games for four of you to anger each other over. Oh and Stamper as the narrator: Genius.

There is just so much here in one tiny package. Good old simplistic platformer gameplay, colourful goofy graphics, tons of levels and collectibles, make-your-own-level content creator, huge replay value even if you aren't a completionist, funky soundtrack and everything about it is hilarious and entertaining throughout.
  5. May 20, 2014
    Imagine this game is a pair of pants. Now imagine buckling them everyday with a buddy. 9/10 Would buckle these pants.

On a more serious note, the game has great humor, a silly story and pretty fun co-op and multiplayer 'mini-games.' It's not a masterpiece, but they did good with this one.
  6. Jun 24, 2014
    “Get the best time and I’ll give you a kiss because I love you!” so says the narrator
    behemoth u hv created yet another master piece for gamers. alien homid, castle crashers, and now battle-block theater.
    personally i hate platformers to the core. i just cant stand them running jumping cloncky mechanics in some and sliding mechanics in others ewww. but battle block is somehow different
    but battle block is somehow different is it the narrator or is it because i love behemoth games.
    battle block puts you through rage inducing heart aching, vein popping sitiuations (online mode).
    battleblock it just insanely fun but without a companion it can become dull. but thats like after you 14hous into the game so it doesnt effect the score at all. its just truly a great game all together. thanks for reading
  7. May 31, 2014
    One of the best games i played so far. from the same creator of castle crashers also one of my favorite games so much levels, each time more surprises and more fun. Really recommend to buy this game!
  8. May 18, 2014
    THis is my best experience in the BETA test.I had never imagine that I would have such fun in these unprepared game adventure.

The game is so fun.And the cooperate map are similar to the solo one,but there is a few difference that you can use your Y and W to help each other,which add hundreds of tons of fun.碉堡了! But My Fav is the CG,it is really Imaginative!HO

But My Fav is the CG,it is really Imaginative!HO HO!HAHAHAHA!!!!WOOWOOWOO!!!!!!! I laughed off my head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++/10
  9. EMG
    May 16, 2014
    Cats don't like it. Timmy is a cat, he ate my face and chose a morally questionable life. Cats don't like it. But i do. IGN - "almost found a face" 6/9
  10. Jul 15, 2014
    Incredible narration and fun puzzles. Solid and very memorable game that I didn't want to end. Much more fun cooperatively than it is single player. Highly recommend this game.
  11. Oct 1, 2015
    Tier 1
    + Stamper
    + Hilarious
    + Ties its themes and writing to the gameplay excellently
    + Really fun gameplay with a good difficulty curve and a lot of mechanics
    + Well-designed and exciting co-op
    ? Was hoping co-op would be more than 2 players
  12. Jan 16, 2015
    Very fun game, especially if you have someone to play with. It's even better if you play with 4 friends in battle mods.
    It's a puzzle game and the humor could give to you and your friends good laughs.
  13. Jun 24, 2015
    BattleBlock Theater is a great game developed by The Behemoth. The comedy is the funniest I've seen, way better than Castle Crashers.

It has fun and challenging puzzles that increase in difficulty as you progress through the story, although I haven't really played the Multiplayer feature, apparently it is really good! Whoever voiced the narrator in the game is an absolute great voice actor, his comedy in the cutscenes and while playing will have you in tears.

Very smooth gameplay, hardly no bugs or glitches that I've found while playing and has tons of replay value. Character customization is great and the story funny and charming!

If you have to pick between this and Castle Crashers, in my honest opinion, it would be BattleBlock Theater
  14. Jul 2, 2014
    Battleblock Theaters offers fun gameplay and online play. Throughout the game, you'll find yourself laughing at the tremendous narrator and the music that perfectly fits the atmosphere of the game. The character customization is great, but not perfect, weapons if also great, but still not perfect. Online play is awesome, you can create your own level, plays others' creation or play withBattleblock Theaters offers fun gameplay and online play. Throughout the game, you'll find yourself laughing at the tremendous narrator and the music that perfectly fits the atmosphere of the game. The character customization is great, but not perfect, weapons if also great, but still not perfect. Online play is awesome, you can create your own level, plays others' creation or play with your friends throughout the singeplayer. Overall, the game is a fun experience for only $15. Expand
  15. Jun 29, 2015
    Questo è stata la mia migliore spesa al mondo! In solo 10 ore è diventato il mio gioco preferito! Super Meat Boy è come il "padre" di questo capolavoro!
  16. Nov 9, 2015
    Legitimately funny on its own, with plenty of content both official and community-contributed, but it becomes a thing of hilarious beauty when played with a friend, especially for local co-op. Screw each other over in the most amusing ways you can think of, or just by accident, it calls to mind Portal 2 for the kind of co-op shenanigans you can get up to. Eventually you'll have to call aLegitimately funny on its own, with plenty of content both official and community-contributed, but it becomes a thing of hilarious beauty when played with a friend, especially for local co-op. Screw each other over in the most amusing ways you can think of, or just by accident, it calls to mind Portal 2 for the kind of co-op shenanigans you can get up to. Eventually you'll have to call a truce as you traverse the increasingly difficult levels, set to silly, catchy tunes and delightfully narrated by the silliest of people who may or may not be even following the script. Expand
  17. Jul 26, 2016
    A solid modern platformer that offers a lot of fresh content and a solid technical execution.

+ Lots of content, Steam Workshop + Graphical and auditive aspects were done fine + Smooth to control, good performance - Lack of communication possibilities online (no text-based chat) - A bit expensive for what it offers (30 Euros are a bit too much if you ask me) Get it if you like

+ Lots of content, Steam Workshop
    + Graphical and auditive aspects were done fine
    + Smooth to control, good performance

- Lack of communication possibilities online (no text-based chat)

Get it if you like platformer games!
  18. Nov 17, 2015
    For me it is one of the best platform games for PC there really is "fantastic", really you can entertain themselves for hours and hours on end, i love it ;).
  19. Jan 1, 2016
    BattleBlock Theater is a 2D platformer with crazy ideas and neat exploration aspects. It leads you through completely different levels where every level has the same items put together in different ways. The co-op brings a new set of levels that are changed to keep the other player busy and they mainly are the same. New characters keep being unlocked through collecting gems and findingBattleBlock Theater is a 2D platformer with crazy ideas and neat exploration aspects. It leads you through completely different levels where every level has the same items put together in different ways. The co-op brings a new set of levels that are changed to keep the other player busy and they mainly are the same. New characters keep being unlocked through collecting gems and finding secrets. This is an all out amazing experience for everyone! Expand
  20. Feb 20, 2017
    Battleblock Theater is a decent platformer with some of the most hilarious writing and voice acting I've ever seen in a videogame. Additionally you can play the entire game in coop (local and online) and create your own levels.

1. Aug 4, 2014
    BattleBlock Theater is not original and it’s not ashamed of that. It’s everyone else that should be ashamed and green with envy that they couldn’t make such a fun game.
  2. Games Master UK
    Jun 29, 2014
    An exceedingly charming package. [Aug 2014, p.79]
  3. Jun 23, 2014
    Charming, clever and funny, this is one of the best new platformers on the PC at the moment. Recommended.