8.5

1. MafiaGuy
    Jun 9, 2004
    Too little add-ons. The new vehicles are a bit too ridiculous.
  2. Macke
    Oct 7, 2003
    Played the Orginal 1942 too much, and the Road to Rome expansion.... So this wasn´t worth the money, too little new things. Disappointed! And the intro wasn't the best I've seen, the contruction during the intro of the new weapons killed the feeling of them. But the idea for 1942 is good so it gets a 6 from me. But I really would like to kill all the people in the other Played the Orginal 1942 too much, and the Road to Rome expansion.... So this wasn´t worth the money, too little new things. Disappointed! And the intro wasn't the best I've seen, the contruction during the intro of the new weapons killed the feeling of them. But the idea for 1942 is good so it gets a 6 from me. But I really would like to kill all the people in the other team before I win. Collapse
  3. ALFtheCALF
    Sep 8, 2003
    Good new stuff, good update. But the Game needs a greater and better physics update to look more realistic. I'm sick of flying planes that behave like paperplanes ;)
  4. MatthieuR.
    Sep 8, 2003
    Not bad. I love BF1942, and this provides more good stuff. The maps are uneven, however; some are really good, while others are frustratingly geared towards anti-aircraft battles. The new planes and weapons are cool for a while, but get old. The only exception is the shotgun, which RULES!

1. Game Informer
    As a Battlefield 1942 fan, I can't help but get excited about the new stuff; but at the same time I feel like I'm ready for something really new to push this game beyond its basics. [Sept 2003, p.123]
  2. Its additions are extremely enjoyable to play around with and, in some cases, really change the gameplay of the original in new and intriguing ways.
  3. An expansion pack done right; it breathes some new life into the game with various extras and will have players heading back to the servers. It isn't flawless, but it's definitely a lot of fun and far better than "Road to Rome."