Battlefield 2: Special Forces PC

8.0

1. TelyS.
    Dec 4, 2005
    Arguably, BF2's best feature are the brilliantly designed maps, and Special Forces gives you more of em. You can complain about the lack of new modes but I'm willing to bet that everyone would end up sticking to the original conquest mode in the long run.
  2. AnthonyB.
    Jun 13, 2006
    This is the best online game I've ever played. Can't stop playing it. A few bugs distract but don't take away from the game play.
  3. SpecOPSPlayer
    Jul 4, 2006
    Not the best, but still a welcome expansion. The price is set too high for this expansion, although its a great expansion to add. i would say to those who complain about it off center fireing, is that all weapons dont exactly shoot Dead Center. If you want real physics, dont complain. I'm looking forward to other additions.
  4. FPSDaily
    Jan 5, 2006
    Has great realistic movements as well as great weapons and vehicles. this add on for BattleField Two definetly is a great game for those who like First Person Shooters and like the privlalage to drive vehicles.
  5. MarkT.
    Nov 23, 2005
    I would have given this a ten, except for the irritatingly long load times - and beware that players are having trouble with the essential new patch that was released on the same day. But the wait did seem to be worth it: not so much for the new forces, which are fun to be sure, but the great new maps, with much more of an emphasis on fighting on foot through dark corridors, village I would have given this a ten, except for the irritatingly long load times - and beware that players are having trouble with the essential new patch that was released on the same day. But the wait did seem to be worth it: not so much for the new forces, which are fun to be sure, but the great new maps, with much more of an emphasis on fighting on foot through dark corridors, village streets. I spent way too long last night fighting over a submarine pen, which was very well thought out. Vehicles are still an important feature, for sure, if nothing else for getting to places, and the attack helicopter pilots always seem to win the most kills, but for intense fun, foot is the way to go. These maps are much better suited for those who are less exicted about sitting in a tank than climbing up walls and zipping down from rooftops. The fora are full of griping, and we will see plenty here, about the technical hitches. It does seems amazing that EA again has released a buggy product. But the gameplay rocks. Expand
  6. JerryL.
    Nov 24, 2005
    Got the game on release day and havn't stopped playing it since. Amazing new content for a battlefield expansion. I reccommend this game to every bf2 player. It seems some people are having performance and installation problems. I think these kinks will all get sorted out and the the game will last for a long time due to the high spec requirements.
  7. Al
    Dec 29, 2005
    If you realy must have it, go for it. Otherwise, stick with the original BF2. I gues that new maps and new units make the original a bit expandable if you get bored playing original maps all the time. However, I dont think we need to pay $30 to only experiance new maps. It seems like something EA has already had in the bag during the release of the BF2, but decided to release as an If you realy must have it, go for it. Otherwise, stick with the original BF2. I gues that new maps and new units make the original a bit expandable if you get bored playing original maps all the time. However, I dont think we need to pay $30 to only experiance new maps. It seems like something EA has already had in the bag during the release of the BF2, but decided to release as an expansion for the xmas shopping. I must say I expected more realistic enviroment, something like the American Army Spec Ops game. As always try before you buy... Expand
  8. EvanP.
    Dec 30, 2006
    Adds so much to the gameplay. The new maps are amazing and add great close quarters combat as well as some long open areas for sniping. Like the new crossbow zipline addition and absolutely love the grappling hook that allows you to go anywhere you possibly could ever want. Would have liked possibly adding another type of gameplay other than conquest. Overall it is still a great addition Adds so much to the gameplay. The new maps are amazing and add great close quarters combat as well as some long open areas for sniping. Like the new crossbow zipline addition and absolutely love the grappling hook that allows you to go anywhere you possibly could ever want. Would have liked possibly adding another type of gameplay other than conquest. Overall it is still a great addition to the already great Battlefield 2. Just to everyone who gives it a horrible score just because it doesn't work on their crappy computer, please don't rate it if you haven't played it because if you actually had the computer to play it you'd see how great this game is. When everyone finally gets the good computer to run this they will be amazed how good it was especially for being released over a year ago. Expand
  9. JesseC.
    Dec 31, 2005
    Special Forces adds extremely exciting elements to an already awesome multiplayer game. Bugs and glitches aside, you are missing out if you don't get this game. Wait for a patch for Special Forces, but I haven't even seen too many bugs on my version. No problems installing, never any server troubles either!
  10. Jun 12, 2013
    Good expansion that added much and let gamers spend extra hours after each corner of 'Battlefield 2' was well known. I personally enjoyed russian military forces and of course a hook, that had changed perception of the maps and added extra strategy to the gameplay.

1. These supermen are capable of feats ordinary Battlefield grunts could only dream of, wielding 12 new firearms and racing across eight huge new maps in 10 new vehicles. Them's a lot of numbers, but then this is definitely no ordinary game. [GamesMaster]
  2. This close to Christmas, Special Forces is probably for the game’s most loyal fans only — the folk who have played it so much that they are already desperate for new features to layer upon their already intense online experiences.
  3. With its focus on infantry and urban combat, Special Forces delivers more of the intense and insanely fun Battlefield 2 gameplay; at least, it does if you can get it running.