8.3

1. Quaoar
    Jun 23, 2005
    Really a 7.5-8. All the fun of Battlefield 1942 with elements stolen from those poor DC guys. Glad to see scoring is based on classes now, so there's acutally a point to being a medic, engineer, etc. The sticky interface, sluggish response time, and plethora of bugs often make it unplayable. And spawn point locations really suck - feels easier to spawn camp than in BF1942.
  2. Jul 19, 2012
    Battlefield 2 is one of those rare games that only comes along every now and then. Some players may be put of by environments being smaller than those in previous entries to the series, but from the start of the mach until the score readout, Battlefield is one journey you don't want to miss.
    With no campaign to play through, Battlefield can sometimes feel like a game that was not completely finished. This is counteracted though by beautiful and well designed environments, all of which have had an amazing level of detail that just wont be found anywhere else. Maps vary from small, tropic covered war zones, to large, open ended dessert battlefields, all of which are a breeze to get around thanks to a number of widely appreciated vehicles. You can step into the helm of a helicopter or jet and tear up the skies, causing endless waves of destruction on the enemies underneath you, or sit behind the controls of a tank, or the wheel of a car. Battlefields huge environments are the factor that brings the game home.
    Whats a war game without Action? When you select a map for an online battle or a single player experience, you can choose from a list of well designed classes, all imperative to the success of your team. You can be an engineer, repairing vehicles and turning the tide in battle as a result, or a heavy weapons operative, sporting an explosive firing missile launcher that can stop the enemy driving into your base with a tank. No matter what your choice is, there's a class for everyone, and everyone feels like the team relies on them as much as anyone else.
    Battlefield 2 and all of it's added content deserves a solid 9.5 out of 10.
  3. Nov 13, 2012
    BEST of all time!!!! Still blows the new FPS genre out of the water. And ported version to PS3 is not garbage but the control on KB/Mouse could not be matched. I miss playing this game with my friends. Those were the days.
  4. TechM.
    Jun 9, 2006
    Awesome game ... huge community... everyone who is big on FPSs is addicted to this game regardless of who made it and how bad the patches are.
  5. DerreckC.
    Simply amazing!!
  6. GlennP.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Absolutely unbelievable. The team that created this game has managed to take everything that was cool about the first two in the series and refine them into the best online FPS ever made. There is so much depth in this game that soon you will see legions of followers playing it similar to how you see fanatic MMORPG players play those games. This game will revolutionize the genre.
  7. Darthprivate
    Jun 19, 2005
    This game rulez.
  8. AustinH.
    Jun 20, 2005
    Awesome game! Way ahead of older BF games, and an incredible new way to play with teams! Get it for sure!
  9. TheTarget
    Jun 22, 2005
    Excellent gameplay, sound and visuals. Yes, there were some design departures from earlier BF titles, but it works well with this game. Lots of replayability for single user and online.
  10. NationalKato
    Jun 22, 2005
    Let's get this straight: there aren't many other products out there in this genre that can deliver as much fun and 'oh, wow!' moments as BF2. However, for a top-tier developer like DICE to once again release a laggy, frustrating, and frankly poor server browser and out-of-game interface is remarkable. Trying to find a server to play on is a slow, frustrating process. Let's get this straight: there aren't many other products out there in this genre that can deliver as much fun and 'oh, wow!' moments as BF2. However, for a top-tier developer like DICE to once again release a laggy, frustrating, and frankly poor server browser and out-of-game interface is remarkable. Trying to find a server to play on is a slow, frustrating process. There are no 'favorites' list for servers or buddies. Let's hope a patch/update post-release will be quick and attentive to this. Expand
  11. GeraldN.
    Jun 23, 2005
    An incredible leap forward for the genre and multiplayer gaming. If you liked Battlefield 1942, you'll love this. If you didn't like Battlefield 1942, you still may love this. The new squad system, commander mode and lack of static health/ammo boxes are incredible incentives to promote teamplay. Players who want go off on their own in this game will not be nearly as successful An incredible leap forward for the genre and multiplayer gaming. If you liked Battlefield 1942, you'll love this. If you didn't like Battlefield 1942, you still may love this. The new squad system, commander mode and lack of static health/ammo boxes are incredible incentives to promote teamplay. Players who want go off on their own in this game will not be nearly as successful as in other FPS games. I highly recommend it and I can't wait to see what the modding community can do to further enhance this title's value. Expand
  12. D.C.
    Jun 24, 2005
    I don't know what the hell Kyle H. is talking about, this game is off the hook. Kyle H. maybe you should try upgrading your CPU.
  13. DaveC.
    Jun 25, 2005
    When you get into the game its a blast, gameplay is simply amazing and its a best realism shooter ever. Stats are nice addition, but there is only small number of ranked servers compared to already huge playerbase, so its really hard to get into ranked server. Also atleast now you find more experienced players and better games from unranked servers which is sad. Almost perfect game When you get into the game its a blast, gameplay is simply amazing and its a best realism shooter ever. Stats are nice addition, but there is only small number of ranked servers compared to already huge playerbase, so its really hard to get into ranked server. Also atleast now you find more experienced players and better games from unranked servers which is sad. Almost perfect game experience is ruined by the weakest game UI ever, server browser does not support friends or favorite servers and its painfully slow to use. 8 years older game like Tribes 1 already had lightyears better server browser than BF2 has which is really weird. Its a sad trend that all the game companies today use Gamespy browsers instead of making their own. BF2 does not require Windows XP, it works fine on my Windows 2000. Expand
  14. KevinS.
    Jun 28, 2005
    This is the best game I've played in a long, long time. Even with the occasional lag, which is obviously due to it's instant popularity - I still have to drag myself away from the computer.
  15. JulianP.
    Jul 11, 2005
    Excellent FPS, I reccommend it to anyone who likes war games.
  16. PerformancePlayer
    Jul 13, 2005
    Buy one of those new graphic cards and install B2, you wont regret it! Cause this game is simply so damm fun! :) Cya you in the action!!
  17. FPSAdept
    Jul 18, 2005
    There is one thing with this game that is hard to explain and that many games lacks - it is so damn fun! Sure there is some bugs (like in all new games today), se look for the upcoming patch. But the playability still makes this a great one.
  18. OnlineGamer
    Jul 26, 2005
    What to say? I cite Tom's Hardware: " Epic maps? Check. Massive vehicles? Check. Cracking gameplay? Check. Battlefield 2 is an online classic, and anyone who wants to call themselves an online gamer would be loathe to miss it." you get it?
  19. NilsH.
    Jul 3, 2005
    Well worth buying a new video card for. While I agree that this isn't a particularly ground-breaking game, it has all of the old 1942 style fun and frenetic action, while adding enough new features and concepts to keep even a surly old BF 'vet like myself interested.
  20. CompConsultant
    Aug 15, 2005
    This game is itself a reason to upgrade your comp! This is simply the next generation of gaming, which of course demands up to date hardware. I run it perfectly smooth on my 2,6 gig, 512mb, 9800XT.
  21. PaulS.
    Aug 17, 2005
    Best on-line fps so far.
  22. JennyGamer
    Aug 22, 2005
    With the right computer this is a top title!
  23. MichaelM.
    Aug 7, 2005
    Fantastic multiplayer game but could have benefited from some additional play modes.
  24. David
    Sep 1, 2005
    Do any of the people that gave it a rating below a 8 know how to download a patch?
  25. AnonymousMC
    Jun 10, 2006
    the game works fine after you get the 400+ meg updates(wtf way to big to be a update) it works just fine on my comp(custom made and goes 4 ghz with radeon x8000 card)but if yer comp is below 2.5 ghz ya might not want to get the game and it is only fun on online so hope ya got dsl/cable
  26. NickH.
    Jun 22, 2005
    An 8.7 really. The combat is best in the streets and over long, open distances on FOOT. Problems arise when everyone gets a vehical, thusly ruining the the whole urban combat thing - and rendering 32 player battles practically pointless in some maps. Usually, this doesn't happen in 16-24 and 64 player games. That said, when vehical combat is more realisitic and helicopters hover An 8.7 really. The combat is best in the streets and over long, open distances on FOOT. Problems arise when everyone gets a vehical, thusly ruining the the whole urban combat thing - and rendering 32 player battles practically pointless in some maps. Usually, this doesn't happen in 16-24 and 64 player games. That said, when vehical combat is more realisitic and helicopters hover above head while raining bullets at charging infantry, the combat is fantastic (bringing to mind Black Hawk Down - the movie). If you're looking for a warm-up match against the AI, no worries, it's pretty capable. The graphics, while not on par with Half-Life 2 or Doom 3, are lush and satisfying. The distance you can see (especially as a sniper) is amazing. The sound is also a treat. Planes roar overhead, guns fire in the distance, and bullets whizz by your head creating a very emersive experience. The control, sadly, is this games downfall. Now, it's not the gameplay controls that hurt the game but the interface controls. Selecting "Help" from the command wheel is much to hard as you must stop playing and use your mouse to select it (this goes for any command). Also, the menu and selection screens are clumsly and rather ratty looking. But, if you can get a game going by using the shitty menu and don't mind not being able to say "Help" during vehical heavy combat, you've got a great - if not classic - game on your hands. It should entertain you for a long, long time. ((PS - For a really good time, look for small battles or huge battles. The ones in between are a little boring)) Expand
  27. b0bd0gz
    Jun 23, 2005
    Really good game, I would have given it a 9 maybe even 10 if it had less bugs in it, which is something you would expect from a big games company like EA, the fact that it strains sometimes to display the stats table makes me laugh. Really hope a miracle patch will appear and fix the bugs and turn this game into a 10 out of 10, but who knows how long that will take:(
  28. KevinK.
    Jun 26, 2005
    This is astonishing!!! Even though my video card(fx5200) is not supported officially, I can still run this game without a proble. Of course, a lot of details were lost. But in terms of gameplay, this is absolutely brilliant. Some people down here complained about no bots in multiplay mode. But I really think that's a nice feature. I mean when I and my friends play together, I This is astonishing!!! Even though my video card(fx5200) is not supported officially, I can still run this game without a proble. Of course, a lot of details were lost. But in terms of gameplay, this is absolutely brilliant. Some people down here complained about no bots in multiplay mode. But I really think that's a nice feature. I mean when I and my friends play together, I don't want to be bothered. Since when did you add bots when you play C&C against your friends? Expand
  29. SamF.
    Jun 27, 2005
    Apart from being able to blow up bridges,artillery there is nothing really new here. The physics are no where near Far crys as objects simply dissapear in the game ... Just another version of Desert combat Mod . Too much hype. there are better explosion effects and graphics in games like mercenaries and Battlefront.
  30. DanielB.
    Jul 11, 2005
    Very nice game. I love the depth added into brainless shooting where you have to be able to act as a team member to reach a collective goal. Also the fact that almost everything you do, gets written down on a database server, is also a thing that leads me to fanatic gaming.. Not giving it a 10, since the game was/is not ready when released and has various annoying glitches in it.
  31. EricK.
    Sep 14, 2005
    The most fun you will have in a FPS with your friends, lan or net......HANDS DOWN! The maps are great, the vehicles, weapons & realism is wonderful...only the AI soldiers are not the smartest. No matter...this is the best FPS I have played!
  32. AlexK.
    Sep 17, 2005
    This is one of the best games i ever played.
  33. ChrisT.
    Apr 28, 2008
    Not nearly as good as overpaid reviewers make it out to be.
  34. Jun 10, 2012
    Well.. This game used to be good, but it is not so good anymore. Anyways there is really pretty much bugs, like when you go crouching next to a wall your legs appear on the other side, and stuff like that. But the mod community has saved this game from disaster. Pros of Battlefield 2 are good map making, but that's pretty much it. BF2 was the most realistic looking game of the time it wasWell.. This game used to be good, but it is not so good anymore. Anyways there is really pretty much bugs, like when you go crouching next to a wall your legs appear on the other side, and stuff like that. But the mod community has saved this game from disaster. Pros of Battlefield 2 are good map making, but that's pretty much it. BF2 was the most realistic looking game of the time it was released, but the guns were like potato guns, only with sniper + pistol combo could one kill other in less than half a second. Expand
  35. Mar 12, 2013
    Best part of battlefield series. Online battle are really well, both conquest with vehicle and infantry. The game is really fun when you gather a people and play together. Clan wars in this game work well. GJ Dice
  36. DarkoK.
    Aug 2, 2006
    One of the best games EVER.The game is full of action, strategy, planing assoult/defence, dosens tipes of Wehicles and Aircrafts. The first time(few weeks :)p the game is BRUTAL, but once you get to know the tacticks of playing in sqad.
  37. BillF.
    Jun 29, 2005
    Great game. Even on lower graphics settings, it still looks pretty good. The gameplay is great. People who were looking for something 'revolutionary' apparently forgot how fun the original was. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. It's also wonderful that snipers are fairly useless. It would be nice if there were a buddy list for multiplayer, and the VOIP would be Great game. Even on lower graphics settings, it still looks pretty good. The gameplay is great. People who were looking for something 'revolutionary' apparently forgot how fun the original was. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. It's also wonderful that snipers are fairly useless. It would be nice if there were a buddy list for multiplayer, and the VOIP would be more useful if people would go out and buy headphones. Sometimes the vehicles are frustratingly overpowered, but this makes it more rewarding to play Anit-Tank, or Spec Ops. There is NOTHING more fun than blowing up a tank with C4. Expand
  38. ChrisH.
    Mar 28, 2007
    One of the best multiplayer games ever created, and finally, after all of the patches, very little problems arise.
  39. Bandit0
    Oct 17, 2005
    Best multiplayer game ever.
  40. Jul 22, 2011
    Simply the best online competitive FPS experience I've ever had. I recommend this game (now hopefully BF3) to competitive gamers who can work as a team and who utilize voice communications.

Here's hoping BF3 will be just as spectacular.
  41. MikeS.
    Feb 9, 2010
    I have loved this game and still love it! the only thing i love more about this is Special forces expation pack that adds tear gas and the devils perch map wish more people played it tho! the expectations are really good this is better than MW2 in my mind and i still love this game! 2142 is also a good one as well! Also unlike MW2 most of the ranked servers are dedicated. also you get to I have loved this game and still love it! the only thing i love more about this is Special forces expation pack that adds tear gas and the devils perch map wish more people played it tho! the expectations are really good this is better than MW2 in my mind and i still love this game! 2142 is also a good one as well! Also unlike MW2 most of the ranked servers are dedicated. also you get to PICK your unlocks instead of being a certain level and waiting! overall i would pick this up ASAP before u cant find it anymore! same with 2142! i recommend getting the expectations as well! or the complete! i just wish the people with CDs like myself didn't need em to load and need an online connection to play single player! but the real reason to play this is the muti player! and oh did i forget? "ARTILLRY STRIKE IN YOUR AREA!" my favorite of all time when your on an all land map cuz u can radio in what u saw even if they went out of sight and it shows up on uer teams map! "Enemy Boat Spoted!" (when your on a desert map its funny as ****!) and oh btw i claymored your spawns and C4'd your planes and Sniped your Commander! XD Expand
  42. Humb1estWalker
    Aug 6, 2006
    The game combat is simply beautiful. The loading is the only thing that sucks.
  43. EddyP.
    Oct 1, 2005
    #1 war game. EA is da bomb.
  44. PeterM.
    Oct 2, 2005
    Download the 1.03 patch, and you´ve got a rock solid game!
  45. JaredO
    Oct 28, 2006
    I loved reading the whiney n00b comments on here...learn to shoot the guns n00bs....don't run into fire n00bs....stay in cover if your are infantry and getting pelted by fighter jockies n00bs...configure your computer correctly n00bs...configure your internet conn correctly n00bs... AND MOST OF ALL....REMEMBER ITS A GAME! And a very very fine one at that.
  46. BadM.
    May 9, 2006
    Great Gameplay......Massive Maps and huge numbers of people. Buggy as hell and long load times that put me off just dipping in and out of games.....Quite often get frustrated and go and play Counter Strike Source.
  47. BenniB.
    Jul 1, 2006
    after the patches the game gets better...but the add ons ... sum are just an easy way 2 make money and euro forces...sucks.
  48. Mar 8, 2011
    A 6 year old game and still the servers are full. How many others can claim as much? The latest 1.5 patch adds all the expansions to the basic install (except the special forces addon), plus enhanced vista/windows 7 support. Tons of player made expansions and mods, including the 128 player WW2 battles of "Forgotten Hope 2". Some tricks required to get it working under windows 7: Run asA 6 year old game and still the servers are full. How many others can claim as much? The latest 1.5 patch adds all the expansions to the basic install (except the special forces addon), plus enhanced vista/windows 7 support. Tons of player made expansions and mods, including the 128 player WW2 battles of "Forgotten Hope 2". Some tricks required to get it working under windows 7: Run as Administrator and Disable screen composition in the short cut. Brilliant stuff! Anyone who complains about lag or stuttering is playing on a seriously underpowered PC or has a very bad internet connection. Many laptops were not made for FPS, people! Expand
  49. EliasO.
    Oct 20, 2007
    I've had alot of fun with this game.. :-) Love the squad action.
  50. RobertT
    Jan 2, 2010
    Fantastic all round game. Unfortunately it is now on the old side, hopefully EA will hring Bad Company 2 out with a surprise.
  51. J.T.
    Oct 1, 2005
    i deleted the game from my pc because i kept playing it.
  52. JeffC.
    Oct 2, 2005
    Best shooting game ever.
  53. JohanP.
    Oct 5, 2005
    I rate this as the most compehensive game ever. Variated beutiful graphics and great playability sums it up pretty well. If you got >2 ghz and a gamers graphics card dont miss this one. And don't forget to update with the latest patch! /one of the soldiers out there.
  54. mrDeJAY
    Jun 20, 2005
    Something special.
  57. ChrisE.
    Jun 30, 2005
    BF2 has many features to recommend it (maps that scale based on the number of players, integral VOIP), and manages to recapture the team-based magic lost in BFV. However, the unpolished features (including one of the worst server browsers in years) and logjammed, lag-addled ranked servers kill the fun. In my case, the killing blow was a bug that caused the game to lock up my system when I BF2 has many features to recommend it (maps that scale based on the number of players, integral VOIP), and manages to recapture the team-based magic lost in BFV. However, the unpolished features (including one of the worst server browsers in years) and logjammed, lag-addled ranked servers kill the fun. In my case, the killing blow was a bug that caused the game to lock up my system when I first tried to start a game, and corrupted my Windows XP install so badly I had to reformat and reinstall. Great QA, guys. I returned my copy and will be returning to BF42. I don't play games that lobotomize my computer. Expand
  58. KyleL.
    Jun 30, 2005
    The first one was good, I must admit, and the second was no let down. The only unfortunate thing that comes along with these types of game is the lag. But if your lucky you can get a lag-free game from time to time and see the game in all its glory! Just know, you might want to have a decent computer to get the best out of this game! Once you have that, the game will keep you mezmorized The first one was good, I must admit, and the second was no let down. The only unfortunate thing that comes along with these types of game is the lag. But if your lucky you can get a lag-free game from time to time and see the game in all its glory! Just know, you might want to have a decent computer to get the best out of this game! Once you have that, the game will keep you mezmorized for hours! Expand
  59. Doug
    Jun 4, 2005
    Played review copy...can't stop. Amazing game!
  60. PcGamer
    Jul 13, 2005
    I agree with the reviewers, this game is here to stay for a while. don´t miss it!
  61. MickG.
    Jul 15, 2005
    Greatest game i have ever played on pc thew online battles are imenss when some one is trying to stap u with a knife on the game u can't help but jump back or bend your back trying to avode the knife very good in deed a must have for all FPS fans but pust have a good pc i recmned making your own or dell or suthing not pcworld that con u out by a hell of lot brill game.
  62. BCISOfficer
    Jul 2, 2005
    Simply the best game ever created. Enough said.
  63. JonB.
    Jul 23, 2005
    Not everyone has connection issues,for it ran great straight from the disc with me! If you have a good broadband provider it must help... Excellent online action, tense and graphicallly superb.
  64. ThomasM.
    Jul 5, 2005
    remote manager needs to be fixed, too easy for cheaters to unlock, otherwise flawless.
  65. Yesbox
    Jul 8, 2005
    MUST HAVE! yeah, what to say...i believe this title will be here a loooong time...its a really complete game.
  66. LittleBloke
    Aug 10, 2005
    Well, I played the demo and liked it. Brought the full game and love it. It is not stupidly resource heavy. This game runs excellently on my system with high settings on all but lighting. P4C800E-Dlx with 2.8 GHz P4 running @ 3.3 1GB Memory (2.5.3.3.7) Radeon 9800XT, SB Audigy (1) (1024 x 768. There are a few niggles. For example the in game server browser is lame and lacks sensible Well, I played the demo and liked it. Brought the full game and love it. It is not stupidly resource heavy. This game runs excellently on my system with high settings on all but lighting. P4C800E-Dlx with 2.8 GHz P4 running @ 3.3 1GB Memory (2.5.3.3.7) Radeon 9800XT, SB Audigy (1) (1024 x 768. There are a few niggles. For example the in game server browser is lame and lacks sensible features, but you can use 'all seeing eye' or other such game browsers. Occasional Irritating deaths when jumping out of a vehicle and getting run over buy it... even when not moving that quickly (especially with boats). I'd like to know what people consider 'bugs'... as I have played this game for many long sessions with no discernable issues.. On the plus side the VOIP and squad teamwork and in-game interface are all good. Just make sure you get a server with a good ping (within your country), playing a game with a low ping below 50 is great fun, and resolves many of the issues of people saying that they can Expand
  67. LewisW.
    Nov 23, 2007
    Great fun at the start, however... After you have played it for a while you realise that its a bit shallow. The overpowered Vechiles take most of the fun of infantry combat away and oversized maps make it feel empty and also forces you to use vechiles to get anywhere in a reasanable time. The new commander feature is basically a guy that can fire artillery at spawn points before they can Great fun at the start, however... After you have played it for a while you realise that its a bit shallow. The overpowered Vechiles take most of the fun of infantry combat away and oversized maps make it feel empty and also forces you to use vechiles to get anywhere in a reasanable time. The new commander feature is basically a guy that can fire artillery at spawn points before they can be captured. If you are a begineer to the series you will not find any help in controling the complicated aircraft and when you DO crash them into the ground you will be repeatedly called a newbie by everyone, this is just one of those games that attracts those types of people. Gamplay aside its not worth trying to get the game to work, EA are notorious for their bugs, crashs and freezes and this game is no exeption. If your a fan of the series this game will be fine, but as a newbie to the game, dont bother. Expand
  68. Jan 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. have loved this game and still love it! the only thing i love more
    have loved this game and still love it! the only thing i love more
    have loved this game and still love it! the only thing i love more
  69. Nov 8, 2011
    Great game that i spent countless hours on. The menu is very laggy even on my awesome gaming rig. But the vehicles are awesome (even though i still suck at flying jets!) I love this game. I've been a more or less CoD fanboy, but now I'm shifting to the middle. CoD4 and BF2 are my 2 favourite FPS games ever. BF3 is also a great addition to the Battlefield series. Thanks DICE!
  70. Jul 29, 2012
    Random deviation, artillery spam, and bomb spam ruin this game for me.
    Enjoy being the squad leader/commander, flying the aircraft, and driving the tanks.
    Most maps are good, memorable environments and battles.

Mods are nice, the only reason I'm giving this game 8 instead of 7.
  71. GregF.
    Jul 10, 2005
    This game rocks.
  72. MichaelR.
    Aug 10, 2005
    Despite what others are saying, it is not so buggy. I own an AMD 2.7, 1gb ram, with 9600 xt, and it runs very well on highest graphic settings. Virtually no lag, and it has only crashed once. I am having a great time playing it online, but it helps if you have a good commander.
  73. AlexBeveridge
    Aug 3, 2005
    The singleplayer content is less then good however when you can find a server without lag, it is the best FPS you can play.
  74. Wolf-
    Jul 14, 2005
    Great idea, bad implementations. The game is more or less unplayable in multiplayer due to the fact that you can't connect to any servers. The key-binding and the menues for otimising and change settingd for your game is horrible examples on how not to do it. When you finally get to play the game it is fun and cool and everything, but all the hassle in getting there is detracting Great idea, bad implementations. The game is more or less unplayable in multiplayer due to the fact that you can't connect to any servers. The key-binding and the menues for otimising and change settingd for your game is horrible examples on how not to do it. When you finally get to play the game it is fun and cool and everything, but all the hassle in getting there is detracting ALOT from this game. Patch it, and patch it now! Expand
  75. BlahB.
    Aug 6, 2005
    Buggiest game of all time. I found the demo to be quite fun, I bought the full retail version and It was, and still is totally un playable. This game is a huge system hog, and runs awfully on my 2.6@2.86ghz 1gig of pc3200 lowered timing ram 9800 XT 75% of the time I have played this game have been wasted by crashes, system lockups and major graphical errors. This game is a conspiracy Buggiest game of all time. I found the demo to be quite fun, I bought the full retail version and It was, and still is totally un playable. This game is a huge system hog, and runs awfully on my 2.6@2.86ghz 1gig of pc3200 lowered timing ram 9800 XT 75% of the time I have played this game have been wasted by crashes, system lockups and major graphical errors. This game is a conspiracy between Nvidia ad EA games, if your system dosn't run an nvidia graphics card, this game is not playable. I give this game my TOTAL SUCK award. Expand
  76. MickN.
    Sep 18, 2005
    I don't get the appeal of the BF series of games. Engagement ranges are far too close, so that you get a bunch of people circle strafing and leaping 5 feet into the air. Who knew military types had such well developed calf muscles? Weapons ballistics are a joke. Bullet flight times are far too slow and the damage they do is ludacriously underpowered. By contrast, air power is I don't get the appeal of the BF series of games. Engagement ranges are far too close, so that you get a bunch of people circle strafing and leaping 5 feet into the air. Who knew military types had such well developed calf muscles? Weapons ballistics are a joke. Bullet flight times are far too slow and the damage they do is ludacriously underpowered. By contrast, air power is insanely powerful. The jets and helos don't even have to land to refuel or re-arm, they just skim over their runways and magically get reloaded and repaired so that they can rain more bombs down and totally throw off play balance. As the maps are so small, a jet can cover the entire distance of a map in about 15 seconds. this means that they are practically indestructable. Add to that the fact that the game's map load times are 2-3 minutes, that the rankings system is buggy, and that the community seems to consist of team killing 15 year olds and this game gets a 4. Expand
  77. Thosa
    May 23, 2006
    I played on LAN and even then there were REALLY BAD lag spikes. also it is really stupid how you have to be signed in to an account to play- waht happens if their server goes down?? the vehicles are also completely unbalanced, you can drive/fly around in a tank/plane/chopper for ever and you will never run out of fuel. also you will never die unless you come across another I played on LAN and even then there were REALLY BAD lag spikes. also it is really stupid how you have to be signed in to an account to play- waht happens if their server goes down?? the vehicles are also completely unbalanced, you can drive/fly around in a tank/plane/chopper for ever and you will never run out of fuel. also you will never die unless you come across another tank/plane/chopper. basically if your not in a vehicle or you are not camping hard (doing nothing of course because everybody else is also camping or in vehivles) you die. one rocket should be able to take out a tank or at least immobilise it so you could run up and throw nades down hatch, etc. This game does not deserve to be called an FPS as hardly any of it is shooting. its all about flying/driving around and just shelling/bombing the crap out of anything that moves. Expand
  78. MichaelB.
    Jun 28, 2005
    This game would be absolutely amazing, but it has so many bugs that it's practically unplayable. If I could do it over I'd have waited until at least the 2nd or 3rd patch to play it.
  79. Brian
    Dec 4, 2006
    Theres a few bugs but its an ok game. The biggest downfall is there is no wide screen support. They are not with the times. they say its an advantage to over players. But thats bull. Anything can be an advantage.
  80. PhilK.
    Mar 26, 2006
    Riddled with problems, including long loading times, unreliable server connections, crashing to desktop, stupidly long weapon reloading animations that cancel the reload if you change weapon before it's finished, poor weapon accuracy, unbalanced weapon power, poor vehicle physics (tiny trees or other insignificant obstacles will stop a tank or APC dead in its tracks and cause highly Riddled with problems, including long loading times, unreliable server connections, crashing to desktop, stupidly long weapon reloading animations that cancel the reload if you change weapon before it's finished, poor weapon accuracy, unbalanced weapon power, poor vehicle physics (tiny trees or other insignificant obstacles will stop a tank or APC dead in its tracks and cause highly unrealistic amounts of damage), extremely unfair spawning behaviour which usually means you get shelled to death as soon as you spawn, most maps are strongly biased for skilled chopper/jet pilots whereas the infantry combat is woefully lacking and based more on luck than skill. I could go on. How much time have you got? Expand
  81. Thosa
    May 18, 2006
  82. MerrittL.
    Mar 3, 2007
    THE WORST GAME EXPERIENCE EVER. Heres my experience with the game. Downloaded demo, liked it. Spent $30. Installed on my 2.4ghz x850radeon 1gig ram computer. Game started up, decided not to play just yet. 1 hour later i try to get it to run it and low and behold it wont start up! spend the next 15 hours trying to fix. attempt to reach EAs technical support only to find out that it is just THE WORST GAME EXPERIENCE EVER. Heres my experience with the game. Downloaded demo, liked it. Spent $30. Installed on my 2.4ghz x850radeon 1gig ram computer. Game started up, decided not to play just yet. 1 hour later i try to get it to run it and low and behold it wont start up! spend the next 15 hours trying to fix. attempt to reach EAs technical support only to find out that it is just an email system - thats not technical support, its an excuse. THE WORST VIDEO GAME EXPERIENCE EVER. This problem has happened to alot of people but EA has not fixed it. They only care about making a release date and delivering a well marketed piece of crap. The game itself, is good. IF your computer is gonna run this buggy excuse for entertainment. My computer now runs slower for some reason ever since the incident, all thanks to ea. THIS GAME SUCKS. Expand
  83. MikeN.
    Mar 11, 2008
    Played for about 2 years on various top o the line PCs. Good fun for a while but it has glaring balance issues and problems from release with bugs/glitches/bad code. Theres also problems with the hitboxes on models causing hits not to register. This means you can repeatedly knife someone in the face and they dont die... among other things. Support by EA has been so poor that they have had Played for about 2 years on various top o the line PCs. Good fun for a while but it has glaring balance issues and problems from release with bugs/glitches/bad code. Theres also problems with the hitboxes on models causing hits not to register. This means you can repeatedly knife someone in the face and they dont die... among other things. Support by EA has been so poor that they have had to actually withdraw their infrequent and badly needed patches, they made things worse in some respects. It has "issues" with some hardware combinations, as I personally discovered. I had to UNDERCLOCK some RAM on one PC ( PC was way above system requirements) as it couldn't handle the speed. It will probably work fine for you but dont surprised if your awesome gaming PC has lots of disconnects or crashes to desktop. This is the only program in years that I've seen reset any of my computers. Its a good game, it could have been the best multiplayer game ever but EA rushed it out in a beta stage and never bothered to finish it. Expand
  84. WilliamS.
    Jul 12, 2006
    I've been close to divorce MANY times over this game......now she understands. she now has her own comp. and profile!!!! 10 plus!
  85. MatthieuR.
    Jul 2, 2005
    Good game, but I share many of the gripes that others have posted. Namely, the interface is horrid, the multiplay is buggy, and the game just isn't as revolutionary as it was marketed to be. To "Bill F." who advocates the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" angle: if we only expected the status quo, technology would never move forward. This isn't the sequel to Battlefield Good game, but I share many of the gripes that others have posted. Namely, the interface is horrid, the multiplay is buggy, and the game just isn't as revolutionary as it was marketed to be. To "Bill F." who advocates the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" angle: if we only expected the status quo, technology would never move forward. This isn't the sequel to Battlefield 1942, this is essentially Battlefield 5 (if you count the expansions and Vietnam), so I think we have a right to expect something new. Expand
  86. GuyS
    Jun 2, 2008
    Being a long time player since 1942, I recently picked this game up again. If you can get over the horrible, HORRIBLE hitboxes, which at times make melee and headshots seem within the realm of impossibility, this game is great. But back to the hitboxes. It seems the developers of Dice think the human head is about 2 inches in diameter., because you have to land a sniper shot right on the Being a long time player since 1942, I recently picked this game up again. If you can get over the horrible, HORRIBLE hitboxes, which at times make melee and headshots seem within the realm of impossibility, this game is great. But back to the hitboxes. It seems the developers of Dice think the human head is about 2 inches in diameter., because you have to land a sniper shot right on the nose to hit, and I don't think there ARE any hitboxes on the arms. the legs and feet? yes, 'cus you can shoot them when their legs jut out through walls while proning. On a more positive note: The maps are huge and unique in geography, the vehicles are very much fun to use, all of them, except maybe the inflatable landing boats, and the combat roles the different classes play out is refreshing: The sniper can lay down claymores and sit back, plinking enemies from, in some maps, perhaps up to a quarter of a mile away, considering he/she is good, and has a good gaming rig, the combat medic can heal allies, and revive those who were fragged, saving them from having to respawn back at base, the support guy can lay down suppressing fire and resupply his allies with ammo, the spec ops guy can sabotage bridges, vehicles, and team assets (such as artillery and UAV trailers) with sticky C4 charges (pity the soldier who takes off in a jet only to have it explode in midflight from a hidden c4 charge stuck on it's body), The engineer repairs vehicles and lays down anti-tank mines, the anti-armour troop works on destroying said vehicles with wire-guided rockets (note that the armour guy in bf2 has his own gun ALONG with a pistol, not just a pistol like in 1942), and the assault guy.... pretty much is a meat-shield. He focuses on pure murder-power, but he can throw smoke and flash-bang grenades, now. The only negatives to this game in comparison to the older ones is that there are no pilotable naval units in the game like in 1942. The aircraft carriers are part of the environment, and cannot be controlled, and there are no subs or destroyers. Also there are no long-range artillery units anymore. Also, I miss being able to jump into the landing crafts and ride them without actually entering them, like you could in 1942, and similarly you cannot ride the black hawks in the same fashion, like in BF: Desert Combat. Vehicle riding may be considered unbalanced in most games, but considering the scale of most of the maps, and the fact that BF2 was developed on realism, and in the real world you may see up 10 or even 20 soldiers piled onto a moving tank or APC like penguins on a melting iceburg, the concept should have been kept. Expand
  87. alexd
    Jan 8, 2010
    With the recent letdown that MW2 offered the PC community, its good to know that there are still realistic games with an active community. With matches up to 64 players, objectives, and a squad focus, you feel you and everyone else is actually helping the team in some way, and strategies are important. This is not just some random death match of random stupidity. I wish I could have With the recent letdown that MW2 offered the PC community, its good to know that there are still realistic games with an active community. With matches up to 64 players, objectives, and a squad focus, you feel you and everyone else is actually helping the team in some way, and strategies are important. This is not just some random death match of random stupidity. I wish I could have experienced more of this game but after experiencing the mod Project Reality (proving that mod communities are still alive for this game), I can't go back. Project Reality alone justifies buying this game, and BF2 is well worth the currently low price tag. Expand
  88. MartinH.
    Oct 11, 2005
    I dont see how any other title can compete with this one right now. The best at the moment in every aspect: Graphics, Sound & playability. The only "downside" is the demanding hardware requirements. Thought this is to be expected for a new top titel.
  89. Chimp
    Jun 11, 2005
    Yeah, its a great game. Great sound, good use of strategy, nice maps, and the vehicles are well done. Why the 7? For some reason I can barely run this game, at all, on lowest settings. I have a computer that can play Splinter Cell 3 with all settings to their absolute max, highest shaders, highest AA, etc. I can play HL2 and Doom 3 perfectly on highest settings. However, with this game I Yeah, its a great game. Great sound, good use of strategy, nice maps, and the vehicles are well done. Why the 7? For some reason I can barely run this game, at all, on lowest settings. I have a computer that can play Splinter Cell 3 with all settings to their absolute max, highest shaders, highest AA, etc. I can play HL2 and Doom 3 perfectly on highest settings. However, with this game I have to use 1024 resolution and put every setting on lowest to get a consistent decent framerate in singleplayer. i cant even play multiplayer, no matter what settings its about 10fps. I have roadrunner too, by the way. My computer is above the specifications for this game, and the graphics are very good but not good enough to warrant this sort of thing. Expand
  90. ZeroKelvin
    Jun 18, 2005
    A good game marred by a poor menu interface and bad design decisions.
  91. JarvisP.
    Jun 22, 2005
    Amazing. I haven't been able to stop playing it. The stats and rank stuff is incredible.
  92. TomM.
    Jul 10, 2005
    Absolutely worth the wait. A must-own PC FPS. Best modern warfare combat game available, or ever made. Only thing that lets it down are EA's well known bugs, lack of patches [or bad patches] and the like all common on a MMultiplayer game. Go Get It!
  93. Tommy
    Aug 15, 2005
    I think Tom's Hardware summerize this title good: "Epic maps? Check. Massive vehicles? Check. "Cracking gameplay? Check. Battlefield 2 is an online classic, and anyone who wants to call themselves an online gamer would be loathe to miss it. " Cya online! :)
  94. MrPatcher
    Aug 29, 2005
    Get the LATEST PATCH and this title rock! :)
  95. BobK'sfatherK
    Aug 4, 2005
    This is not the buggiest game EVAARRR my son. I know you like stretching your words out of your mouth, but i am your father and i know what is right and this game is godlike, I can snipe you in it.
  96. Martin
    Sep 12, 2005
    You MUST have a decent computer, with at least 1GB memory, AND one of the latest vid cards. If you do, the experience is out of this world! If you don't have the hardware, don't bother with the game until you upgrade. You won't be happy. BUT, this game was never targetted for anything but the latest hardware.
  97. MaliksterT.
    Sep 10, 2005
    Best game ever. some are complaining about bugs, could someone name one couse i haven't seen one in this game. Great game, great tactics, great feeling.
  98. GiancarloB.
    Sep 26, 2005
    Great game! it does have it gliches but it makes up for that in gameplay. altho the singal player is not that great the online is the best iv ever seen. the ranking system was a brilliant idea and sets up and suspence to raise ur ranking.
  99. ChrisW.
    Sep 6, 2005
    Well, after all the hype I was bitterly let down by this title. Totally hyped as game of the year by EA but all I was met with was bug after bug, lag after lag. I have a very good PC and looking forward to its release, poor show by EA. As is any other EA franchise game, it lacks quality but what you lack in quality you get in quantity. The game has a vast array of in depth modern military Well, after all the hype I was bitterly let down by this title. Totally hyped as game of the year by EA but all I was met with was bug after bug, lag after lag. I have a very good PC and looking forward to its release, poor show by EA. As is any other EA franchise game, it lacks quality but what you lack in quality you get in quantity. The game has a vast array of in depth modern military equipment. But how can I summarise this game in a sentence... Battlefield: Vietnam meets modern warfare....Total Farce! Expand

Once you strap into an F/A-18 and rocket over the landscape, once you're crouched next to a tank trying valiantly to repair it while bullets ping off of the armor inches above your head, once you defend a waypoint and ask for new orders from your commander over the radio, all of those nitpicks about map balance or sniper power fade.
  2. With incredible communication tools, top-notch visuals, and a fantastic balance of vehicles and classes, EA has won the battle and the war of online team-based shooters.
    The thing to remember about Battlefield 2 is that it's exceptionally fun.