8.3

1. Jul 19, 2012
    Battlefield 2 is one of those rare games that only comes along every now and then. Some players may be put of by environments being smaller than those in previous entries to the series, but from the start of the mach until the score readout, Battlefield is one journey you don't want to miss.
    With no campaign to play through, Battlefield can sometimes feel like a game that was not completely finished. This is counteracted though by beautiful and well designed environments, all of which have had an amazing level of detail that just wont be found anywhere else. Maps vary from small, tropic covered war zones, to large, open ended dessert battlefields, all of which are a breeze to get around thanks to a number of widely appreciated vehicles. You can step into the helm of a helicopter or jet and tear up the skies, causing endless waves of destruction on the enemies underneath you, or sit behind the controls of a tank, or the wheel of a car. Battlefields huge environments are the factor that brings the game home.
    Whats a war game without Action? When you select a map for an online battle or a single player experience, you can choose from a list of well designed classes, all imperative to the success of your team. You can be an engineer, repairing vehicles and turning the tide in battle as a result, or a heavy weapons operative, sporting an explosive firing missile launcher that can stop the enemy driving into your base with a tank. No matter what your choice is, there's a class for everyone, and everyone feels like the team relies on them as much as anyone else.
    Battlefield 2 and all of it's added content deserves a solid 9.5 out of 10.
  2. Nov 13, 2012
    BEST of all time!!!! Still blows the new FPS genre out of the water. And ported version to PS3 is not garbage but the control on KB/Mouse could not be matched. I miss playing this game with my friends. Those were the days.
  3. TechM.
    Jun 9, 2006
    Awesome game ... huge community... everyone who is big on FPSs is addicted to this game regardless of who made it and how bad the patches are.
  4. DerreckC.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Simply amazing!!
  5. GlennP.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Absolutely unbelievable. The team that created this game has managed to take everything that was cool about the first two in the series and refine them into the best online FPS ever made. There is so much depth in this game that soon you will see legions of followers playing it similar to how you see fanatic MMORPG players play those games. This game will revolutionize the genre.
  6. Darthprivate
    Jun 19, 2005
    This game rulez.
  7. AustinH.
    Jun 20, 2005
    Awesome game! Way ahead of older BF games, and an incredible new way to play with teams! Get it for sure!
  8. TheTarget
    Jun 22, 2005
    Excellent gameplay, sound and visuals. Yes, there were some design departures from earlier BF titles, but it works well with this game. Lots of replayability for single user and online.
  9. GeraldN.
    Jun 23, 2005
    An incredible leap forward for the genre and multiplayer gaming. If you liked Battlefield 1942, you'll love this. If you didn't like Battlefield 1942, you still may love this. The new squad system, commander mode and lack of static health/ammo boxes are incredible incentives to promote teamplay. Players who want go off on their own in this game will not be nearly as successful An incredible leap forward for the genre and multiplayer gaming. If you liked Battlefield 1942, you'll love this. If you didn't like Battlefield 1942, you still may love this. The new squad system, commander mode and lack of static health/ammo boxes are incredible incentives to promote teamplay. Players who want go off on their own in this game will not be nearly as successful as in other FPS games. I highly recommend it and I can't wait to see what the modding community can do to further enhance this title's value. Expand
  10. D.C.
    Jun 24, 2005
    I don't know what the hell Kyle H. is talking about, this game is off the hook. Kyle H. maybe you should try upgrading your CPU.
  11. KevinS.
    Jun 28, 2005
    This is the best game I've played in a long, long time. Even with the occasional lag, which is obviously due to it's instant popularity - I still have to drag myself away from the computer.
  12. JulianP.
    Jul 11, 2005
    Excellent FPS, I reccommend it to anyone who likes war games.
  13. PerformancePlayer
    Jul 13, 2005
    Buy one of those new graphic cards and install B2, you wont regret it! Cause this game is simply so damm fun! :) Cya you in the action!!
  14. FPSAdept
    Jul 18, 2005
    There is one thing with this game that is hard to explain and that many games lacks - it is so damn fun! Sure there is some bugs (like in all new games today), se look for the upcoming patch. But the playability still makes this a great one.
  15. OnlineGamer
    Jul 26, 2005
    What to say? I cite Tom's Hardware: " Epic maps? Check. Massive vehicles? Check. Cracking gameplay? Check. Battlefield 2 is an online classic, and anyone who wants to call themselves an online gamer would be loathe to miss it." you get it?
  16. NilsH.
    Jul 3, 2005
    Well worth buying a new video card for. While I agree that this isn't a particularly ground-breaking game, it has all of the old 1942 style fun and frenetic action, while adding enough new features and concepts to keep even a surly old BF 'vet like myself interested.
  17. CompConsultant
    Aug 15, 2005
    This game is itself a reason to upgrade your comp! This is simply the next generation of gaming, which of course demands up to date hardware. I run it perfectly smooth on my 2,6 gig, 512mb, 9800XT.
  18. PaulS.
    Aug 17, 2005
    Best on-line fps so far.
  19. JennyGamer
    Aug 22, 2005
    With the right computer this is a top title!
  20. MichaelM.
    Aug 7, 2005
    Fantastic multiplayer game but could have benefited from some additional play modes.
  21. David
    Sep 1, 2005
    Do any of the people that gave it a rating below a 8 know how to download a patch?
  22. AnonymousMC
    Jun 10, 2006
    the game works fine after you get the 400+ meg updates(wtf way to big to be a update) it works just fine on my comp(custom made and goes 4 ghz with radeon x8000 card)but if yer comp is below 2.5 ghz ya might not want to get the game and it is only fun on online so hope ya got dsl/cable
  23. NickH.
    Jun 22, 2005
    An 8.7 really. The combat is best in the streets and over long, open distances on FOOT. Problems arise when everyone gets a vehical, thusly ruining the the whole urban combat thing - and rendering 32 player battles practically pointless in some maps. Usually, this doesn't happen in 16-24 and 64 player games. That said, when vehical combat is more realisitic and helicopters hover An 8.7 really. The combat is best in the streets and over long, open distances on FOOT. Problems arise when everyone gets a vehical, thusly ruining the the whole urban combat thing - and rendering 32 player battles practically pointless in some maps. Usually, this doesn't happen in 16-24 and 64 player games. That said, when vehical combat is more realisitic and helicopters hover above head while raining bullets at charging infantry, the combat is fantastic (bringing to mind Black Hawk Down - the movie). If you're looking for a warm-up match against the AI, no worries, it's pretty capable. The graphics, while not on par with Half-Life 2 or Doom 3, are lush and satisfying. The distance you can see (especially as a sniper) is amazing. The sound is also a treat. Planes roar overhead, guns fire in the distance, and bullets whizz by your head creating a very emersive experience. The control, sadly, is this games downfall. Now, it's not the gameplay controls that hurt the game but the interface controls. Selecting "Help" from the command wheel is much to hard as you must stop playing and use your mouse to select it (this goes for any command). Also, the menu and selection screens are clumsly and rather ratty looking. But, if you can get a game going by using the shitty menu and don't mind not being able to say "Help" during vehical heavy combat, you've got a great - if not classic - game on your hands. It should entertain you for a long, long time. ((PS - For a really good time, look for small battles or huge battles. The ones in between are a little boring)) Expand
  24. KevinK.
    Jun 26, 2005
    This is astonishing!!! Even though my video card(fx5200) is not supported officially, I can still run this game without a proble. Of course, a lot of details were lost. But in terms of gameplay, this is absolutely brilliant. Some people down here complained about no bots in multiplay mode. But I really think that's a nice feature. I mean when I and my friends play together, I This is astonishing!!! Even though my video card(fx5200) is not supported officially, I can still run this game without a proble. Of course, a lot of details were lost. But in terms of gameplay, this is absolutely brilliant. Some people down here complained about no bots in multiplay mode. But I really think that's a nice feature. I mean when I and my friends play together, I don't want to be bothered. Since when did you add bots when you play C&C against your friends? Expand
  25. DanielB.
    Jul 11, 2005
    Very nice game. I love the depth added into brainless shooting where you have to be able to act as a team member to reach a collective goal. Also the fact that almost everything you do, gets written down on a database server, is also a thing that leads me to fanatic gaming.. Not giving it a 10, since the game was/is not ready when released and has various annoying glitches in it.
  26. EricK.
    Sep 14, 2005
    The most fun you will have in a FPS with your friends, lan or net......HANDS DOWN! The maps are great, the vehicles, weapons & realism is wonderful...only the AI soldiers are not the smartest. No matter...this is the best FPS I have played!
  27. AlexK.
    Sep 17, 2005
    This is one of the best games i ever played.
  28. Mar 12, 2013
    Best part of battlefield series. Online battle are really well, both conquest with vehicle and infantry. The game is really fun when you gather a people and play together. Clan wars in this game work well. GJ Dice
  29. DarkoK.
    Aug 2, 2006
    One of the best games EVER.The game is full of action, strategy, planing assoult/defence, dosens tipes of Wehicles and Aircrafts. The first time(few weeks :)p the game is BRUTAL, but once you get to know the tacticks of playing in sqad.
  30. BillF.
    Jun 29, 2005
    Great game. Even on lower graphics settings, it still looks pretty good. The gameplay is great. People who were looking for something 'revolutionary' apparently forgot how fun the original was. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. It's also wonderful that snipers are fairly useless. It would be nice if there were a buddy list for multiplayer, and the VOIP would be Great game. Even on lower graphics settings, it still looks pretty good. The gameplay is great. People who were looking for something 'revolutionary' apparently forgot how fun the original was. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. It's also wonderful that snipers are fairly useless. It would be nice if there were a buddy list for multiplayer, and the VOIP would be more useful if people would go out and buy headphones. Sometimes the vehicles are frustratingly overpowered, but this makes it more rewarding to play Anit-Tank, or Spec Ops. There is NOTHING more fun than blowing up a tank with C4. Expand
  31. ChrisH.
    Mar 28, 2007
    One of the best multiplayer games ever created, and finally, after all of the patches, very little problems arise.
  32. Bandit0
    Oct 17, 2005
    Best multiplayer game ever.
  33. Jul 22, 2011
    Simply the best online competitive FPS experience I've ever had. I recommend this game (now hopefully BF3) to competitive gamers who can work as a team and who utilize voice communications.

Here's hoping BF3 will be just as spectacular.
  34. MikeS.
    Feb 9, 2010
    I have loved this game and still love it! the only thing i love more about this is Special forces expation pack that adds tear gas and the devils perch map wish more people played it tho! the expectations are really good this is better than MW2 in my mind and i still love this game! 2142 is also a good one as well! Also unlike MW2 most of the ranked servers are dedicated. also you get to I have loved this game and still love it! the only thing i love more about this is Special forces expation pack that adds tear gas and the devils perch map wish more people played it tho! the expectations are really good this is better than MW2 in my mind and i still love this game! 2142 is also a good one as well! Also unlike MW2 most of the ranked servers are dedicated. also you get to PICK your unlocks instead of being a certain level and waiting! overall i would pick this up ASAP before u cant find it anymore! same with 2142! i recommend getting the expectations as well! or the complete! i just wish the people with CDs like myself didn't need em to load and need an online connection to play single player! but the real reason to play this is the muti player! and oh did i forget? "ARTILLRY STRIKE IN YOUR AREA!" my favorite of all time when your on an all land map cuz u can radio in what u saw even if they went out of sight and it shows up on uer teams map! "Enemy Boat Spoted!" (when your on a desert map its funny as ****!) and oh btw i claymored your spawns and C4'd your planes and Sniped your Commander! XD Expand
  35. Humb1estWalker
    Aug 6, 2006
    The game combat is simply beautiful. The loading is the only thing that sucks.
  36. EddyP.
    Oct 1, 2005
    #1 war game. EA is da bomb.
  37. PeterM.
    Oct 2, 2005
    Download the 1.03 patch, and you´ve got a rock solid game!
  38. JaredO
    Oct 28, 2006
    I loved reading the whiney n00b comments on here...learn to shoot the guns n00bs....don't run into fire n00bs....stay in cover if your are infantry and getting pelted by fighter jockies n00bs...configure your computer correctly n00bs...configure your internet conn correctly n00bs... AND MOST OF ALL....REMEMBER ITS A GAME! And a very very fine one at that.
  39. BenniB.
    Jul 1, 2006
    after the patches the game gets better...but the add ons ... sum are just an easy way 2 make money and euro forces...sucks.
  40. Mar 8, 2011
    A 6 year old game and still the servers are full. How many others can claim as much? The latest 1.5 patch adds all the expansions to the basic install (except the special forces addon), plus enhanced vista/windows 7 support. Tons of player made expansions and mods, including the 128 player WW2 battles of "Forgotten Hope 2". Some tricks required to get it working under windows 7: Run asA 6 year old game and still the servers are full. How many others can claim as much? The latest 1.5 patch adds all the expansions to the basic install (except the special forces addon), plus enhanced vista/windows 7 support. Tons of player made expansions and mods, including the 128 player WW2 battles of "Forgotten Hope 2". Some tricks required to get it working under windows 7: Run as Administrator and Disable screen composition in the short cut. Brilliant stuff! Anyone who complains about lag or stuttering is playing on a seriously underpowered PC or has a very bad internet connection. Many laptops were not made for FPS, people! Expand
  41. RobertT
    Jan 2, 2010
    Fantastic all round game. Unfortunately it is now on the old side, hopefully EA will hring Bad Company 2 out with a surprise.
  42. J.T.
    Oct 1, 2005
    i deleted the game from my pc because i kept playing it.
  43. JeffC.
    Oct 2, 2005
    Best shooting game ever.
  44. JohanP.
    Oct 5, 2005
    I rate this as the most compehensive game ever. Variated beutiful graphics and great playability sums it up pretty well. If you got >2 ghz and a gamers graphics card dont miss this one. And don't forget to update with the latest patch! /one of the soldiers out there.
  45. mrDeJAY
    Jun 20, 2005
    Something special.
  48. KyleL.
    Jun 30, 2005
    The first one was good, I must admit, and the second was no let down. The only unfortunate thing that comes along with these types of game is the lag. But if your lucky you can get a lag-free game from time to time and see the game in all its glory! Just know, you might want to have a decent computer to get the best out of this game! Once you have that, the game will keep you mezmorized The first one was good, I must admit, and the second was no let down. The only unfortunate thing that comes along with these types of game is the lag. But if your lucky you can get a lag-free game from time to time and see the game in all its glory! Just know, you might want to have a decent computer to get the best out of this game! Once you have that, the game will keep you mezmorized for hours! Expand
  49. Doug
    Jun 4, 2005
    Played review copy...can't stop. Amazing game!
  50. PcGamer
    Jul 13, 2005
    I agree with the reviewers, this game is here to stay for a while. don´t miss it!
  51. MickG.
    Jul 15, 2005
    Greatest game i have ever played on pc thew online battles are imenss when some one is trying to stap u with a knife on the game u can't help but jump back or bend your back trying to avode the knife very good in deed a must have for all FPS fans but pust have a good pc i recmned making your own or dell or suthing not pcworld that con u out by a hell of lot brill game.
  52. BCISOfficer
    Jul 2, 2005
    Simply the best game ever created. Enough said.
  53. JonB.
    Jul 23, 2005
    Not everyone has connection issues,for it ran great straight from the disc with me! If you have a good broadband provider it must help... Excellent online action, tense and graphicallly superb.
  54. ThomasM.
    Jul 5, 2005
    remote manager needs to be fixed, too easy for cheaters to unlock, otherwise flawless.
  55. Yesbox
    Jul 8, 2005
    MUST HAVE! yeah, what to say...i believe this title will be here a loooong time...its a really complete game.
  56. Jan 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. have loved this game and still love it! the only thing i love more
    have loved this game and still love it! the only thing i love more
    have loved this game and still love it! the only thing i love more
  57. GregF.
    Jul 10, 2005
    This game rocks.
  58. MichaelR.
    Aug 10, 2005
    Despite what others are saying, it is not so buggy. I own an AMD 2.7, 1gb ram, with 9600 xt, and it runs very well on highest graphic settings. Virtually no lag, and it has only crashed once. I am having a great time playing it online, but it helps if you have a good commander.
  59. AlexBeveridge
    Aug 3, 2005
    The singleplayer content is less then good however when you can find a server without lag, it is the best FPS you can play.
  60. WilliamS.
    Jul 12, 2006
    I've been close to divorce MANY times over this game......now she understands. she now has her own comp. and profile!!!! 10 plus!
  61. alexd
    Jan 8, 2010
    With the recent letdown that MW2 offered the PC community, its good to know that there are still realistic games with an active community. With matches up to 64 players, objectives, and a squad focus, you feel you and everyone else is actually helping the team in some way, and strategies are important. This is not just some random death match of random stupidity. I wish I could have With the recent letdown that MW2 offered the PC community, its good to know that there are still realistic games with an active community. With matches up to 64 players, objectives, and a squad focus, you feel you and everyone else is actually helping the team in some way, and strategies are important. This is not just some random death match of random stupidity. I wish I could have experienced more of this game but after experiencing the mod Project Reality (proving that mod communities are still alive for this game), I can't go back. Project Reality alone justifies buying this game, and BF2 is well worth the currently low price tag. Expand
  62. MartinH.
    Oct 11, 2005
    I dont see how any other title can compete with this one right now. The best at the moment in every aspect: Graphics, Sound & playability. The only "downside" is the demanding hardware requirements. Thought this is to be expected for a new top titel.
  63. JarvisP.
    Jun 22, 2005
    Amazing. I haven't been able to stop playing it. The stats and rank stuff is incredible.
  64. TomM.
    Jul 10, 2005
    Absolutely worth the wait. A must-own PC FPS. Best modern warfare combat game available, or ever made. Only thing that lets it down are EA's well known bugs, lack of patches [or bad patches] and the like all common on a MMultiplayer game. Go Get It!
  65. Tommy
    Aug 15, 2005
    I think Tom's Hardware summerize this title good: "Epic maps? Check. Massive vehicles? Check. "Cracking gameplay? Check. Battlefield 2 is an online classic, and anyone who wants to call themselves an online gamer would be loathe to miss it. " Cya online! :)
  66. MrPatcher
    Aug 29, 2005
    Get the LATEST PATCH and this title rock! :)
  67. BobK'sfatherK
    Aug 4, 2005
    This is not the buggiest game EVAARRR my son. I know you like stretching your words out of your mouth, but i am your father and i know what is right and this game is godlike, I can snipe you in it.
  68. Martin
    Sep 12, 2005
    You MUST have a decent computer, with at least 1GB memory, AND one of the latest vid cards. If you do, the experience is out of this world! If you don't have the hardware, don't bother with the game until you upgrade. You won't be happy. BUT, this game was never targetted for anything but the latest hardware.
  69. MaliksterT.
    Sep 10, 2005
    Best game ever. some are complaining about bugs, could someone name one couse i haven't seen one in this game. Great game, great tactics, great feeling.
  70. GiancarloB.
    Sep 26, 2005
    Great game! it does have it gliches but it makes up for that in gameplay. altho the singal player is not that great the online is the best iv ever seen. the ranking system was a brilliant idea and sets up and suspence to raise ur ranking.
    Mar 18, 2006
    I agree with all of the bugs that people have been complaining about but on an XPS, the results are unbelievable. The game has so many good qualities about it, but yes u do need a fairly fast computer. The detail is astonishing and everything about ur surroundings seems so real (including the sun which i stare at 4 hours at a time in the game). I also enjoy the friendly fire in I agree with all of the bugs that people have been complaining about but on an XPS, the results are unbelievable. The game has so many good qualities about it, but yes u do need a fairly fast computer. The detail is astonishing and everything about ur surroundings seems so real (including the sun which i stare at 4 hours at a time in the game). I also enjoy the friendly fire in singleplayer mode (you get kicked out in the multiplayer online mode) option because its hilarious fun. It is great to be able to have bazookas so you can blow anything up that you see. Overall this game is one of the best games that i have ever seen for the pc in the many years video games have been out. A great game for a rainy day or if youre a nerd (like me) all the time. Expand
  72. ChadM.
    Mar 24, 2006
    The game is great depending on three factors: 1: You have a good system to run it on. 2: You play the game correctly. By this I mean playing as a tem. Joining a squad, commanding a squad, being the commander. 3: Maybe more important than the rest is your internet connection. If you do not have a good internet connection I would not reccomend this game. Multiplayer is what this game was made for.
  73. AndrewG.
    Jul 9, 2006
    THE best online game to date. 64 players on one server is crazy fun. to the guy that said aiming is too hard, maybe you should learn HOW to aim n00b. in cas youre not sure how to, u point the crosshairs wherever you want to shoot. got it? and there are numerous amounts of unlockables. this game can only be topped by battlefield 2142.
  74. E.L.
    Jun 3, 2007
    Games don't get any more realistic.
  75. SaloM.
    Sep 17, 2007
    Really... Really fun... My cousin is a Counter Strike nut, when I showed the game to him... He was completely amazed... So as I the first time I played it... It has everything you could ask for a shooter and much, much more... Fancy Directx 9 graphics?, it has them... amazing surround sound?, you don't hear the bullets, you feel them... vehicle combat?, the answer is, what do you Really... Really fun... My cousin is a Counter Strike nut, when I showed the game to him... He was completely amazed... So as I the first time I played it... It has everything you could ask for a shooter and much, much more... Fancy Directx 9 graphics?, it has them... amazing surround sound?, you don't hear the bullets, you feel them... vehicle combat?, the answer is, what do you want to ride?, an helicopter?, a harrier?, a boat?, a buggy?, an army Hummer?... here in Mexico, I bought the game almost for free, it was about $15 dollars, it's in spanish, but you can change the language to english before installing it... it's simply amazing... the only backdraw, it's the loading time, so I would recommend to play it on a machine faster than 512 of RAM. Expand
  76. Glock
    Oct 21, 2005
    WOW this game totally owns!!!! tons of fun!!! especially when u have a good graphics card and system to pump all settings to high!!!! Amazing!
  77. ChrisM.
    Oct 21, 2005
    Forget the single player game just play it online over a reasonably quick connection and you will be hooked. Needs a high(ish) end PC in fact I upgraded to 1Gb of ram specifically for this game. Get medals progress through the ranks it has it all. Buy,beg,borrow but do not steal this game!!
  78. A.D.
    Sep 21, 2005
    I am a big fan of the BF series. They are very payable and look great. BF2 is the perfect adition to the series, it is fantastic fun. I can't stop playing. My only moan would be that I get a lot of connection errors. This makes it difficult and slow to log into a game, and then if you get in you jerk all over the place as the connections fails and reconnects. This happens far to I am a big fan of the BF series. They are very payable and look great. BF2 is the perfect adition to the series, it is fantastic fun. I can't stop playing. My only moan would be that I get a lot of connection errors. This makes it difficult and slow to log into a game, and then if you get in you jerk all over the place as the connections fails and reconnects. This happens far to often. Other than that issue the game truly is perfect. Expand
  79. EricV.
    Sep 22, 2005
    True, this game can be laggy at times and the server screen can be annoying. Sometimes I wonder if EA really put any effort into anything else but the gameplay. However, the gameplay is amazing. I dont know how its possible to get more than one new gun, or any of the silver medals without playing less than like 200 hours, but those 200 hours will be glorious. And Mick N., stop whining. If True, this game can be laggy at times and the server screen can be annoying. Sometimes I wonder if EA really put any effort into anything else but the gameplay. However, the gameplay is amazing. I dont know how its possible to get more than one new gun, or any of the silver medals without playing less than like 200 hours, but those 200 hours will be glorious. And Mick N., stop whining. If you would have to land every time you would just get C4'd or killed by anti-armor and then you would be here whining about that. By the way, did you ever think of the fact that if a jet plane was flying that low to the ground, right above your head you would probably be deafened and definitely be knocked off your feet. I bet you didn't. And I can tell you why, Because it's a video game! Expand
  80. FrankK.
    Dec 3, 2006
    Spent hundreds of hours playing and will continue to play.
  81. MikeC.
    Mar 28, 2006
    love it with a few minor flaws with there patches etc. load times of cousrse but i still love it so love earing ranks and play for long hours and flyin planes.
  82. TheShredder
    May 12, 2006
    I have been playing this game for months. It is spectacular. I strongly disagree when it is reviewed as a non-original game. I see many games that try to mimic the Battlefield Series with the inclusion of Vehicles. Battlefield is the best shooter available, its the only one that is original.
  83. GeeL.
    May 18, 2006
    amazing game i dont understand how anyone can not get into it.... it almost scared me playin it for the first time with 63 other ppl.
  84. AlbertG.
    Feb 24, 2007
    This is clearly the BEST first person shooter to date. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs a reality check. There is just so much to do. It has all the elements any other shooter has. It has a huge community with MUCH over 500 servers to play in. The maps are enormous, the weapon selection is nice and this is a game where you can actually raise your skill, whether it is as a medic, sniper, This is clearly the BEST first person shooter to date. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs a reality check. There is just so much to do. It has all the elements any other shooter has. It has a huge community with MUCH over 500 servers to play in. The maps are enormous, the weapon selection is nice and this is a game where you can actually raise your skill, whether it is as a medic, sniper, pilot, gunner, etc. Overall perfect game. even though it has its bugs. NO game is perfectly bug-free. Expand
  85. ChrisL.
    May 1, 2007
    I've been playing this game for a little over 2 years and I have to say that it is a fantastic game that still has lots of years left in it.
  86. GregG.
    Jul 16, 2007
    Great game, it is probably still the best first person shooter out there. It doesn't require huge computer upgrades to play and as long as you have a fast internet connection and you know how to use a computer (Unlike Merritt L. or S.D.) then it will be one of the greatest gaming experiences of your life.
  87. OliverW.
    Aug 21, 2007
    I cannot find a better game (online multiplayer) than BF2. Every game is different, and with jets to infantry this is an immense production. Choose to be a lone wolf sniper or team up to revive fallen comrades - Brilliant. It takes years (literally) to be promoted to top general, so take care of that DVD!
  88. HrvojeKraft
    Oct 12, 2009
    So much time and game still shine! Ive keeping coming and coming back, so many thing you can do on map that seems every game you play is something new you didnt see or done before. besides wow this is a game i am playing longer then 3 years in a row :)
  89. FranzKlausH
    Nov 5, 2009
    Battlefield 2 is the best online Ego-Shooter, because there are so many Places Vehicles and weapons you can use...and you have to play very tactically with your Teammates in Squads... BF2 is With Css le créme de la créme in the Top 10 list from Online Games
  90. DanielP.
    Oct 19, 2009
    If you're looking for an FPS with a realistic twist, with good strategy this is the game. Unlike Call of Duty 4, which is fast paced and in your face ALL the time and no team dynamics as well as no inter-squad voice communication, BF2 offers a player to help out the whole team by being a commander and setting up UAVs, arty attacks, supply drops, vehicle drops, and calling out enemies If you're looking for an FPS with a realistic twist, with good strategy this is the game. Unlike Call of Duty 4, which is fast paced and in your face ALL the time and no team dynamics as well as no inter-squad voice communication, BF2 offers a player to help out the whole team by being a commander and setting up UAVs, arty attacks, supply drops, vehicle drops, and calling out enemies for your buddies. Yes it may be annoying and so paced on the big maps that require you to use vehicles, but you have to remember its trying to be realistic. You wont get from one end of a city to another by continually running with heavy ass gear and not tiring out ( unless you have a vehicle of course). Then there is the physics that needs to be considered. Unlike CoD4 and other games where the bullet goes straight to the middle of the cross hair no matter at what distance, at great distance in BF2 maps you HAVE TO take into consideration bullet trajectory. Having a guy's head in your sniper crosshairs at 800m will NOT give you a headshot hahaha. There issues with this game as there are with any other: technical from EA and having stupid egotistical people calling you noobs when youre trying to learn. But i never payed attention to them and ive stuck with this game for 3 years and still love it! It's a must get for any realistic , big map, strategy, team-based fans FPS. Expand
  91. NigelH
    Dec 16, 2009
    This one is a keeper. Been on my hard drive since 2005 and the mods specifically project reality are subjectively even better.
  92. MexNopal
    Nov 11, 2005
    Best FPS Multiplayer of the year 2005. Still the best so far Nov / 2005.
  93. LukeD.
    Nov 17, 2005
    best f...n game played.
  94. AlexB.
    Oct 12, 2005
    This is the M-1 of games. The greatist gaming implement ever devised!! Seriously this is the best game out there simply because it is so fun, is easy to learn, and you can talk to other people online. It even supports this feature! I think that everyone will agree with me when I say that Battlefield 2 is way better than Countersrike. So to those who still havent gotten this amazing game, This is the M-1 of games. The greatist gaming implement ever devised!! Seriously this is the best game out there simply because it is so fun, is easy to learn, and you can talk to other people online. It even supports this feature! I think that everyone will agree with me when I say that Battlefield 2 is way better than Countersrike. So to those who still havent gotten this amazing game, GET IT!!! Expand
  95. NathanS.
    Nov 25, 2005
    Simply the deepest, most addicting, most fun, most sprawling, best looking, best sounding FPS multiplayer game on the market today. Fantastic!
  96. AdamL.
    Nov 29, 2005
    VOIP, Comander mode, a variaty of kits, and awsome maps, how could you give it less than a 10? I play it more than I play BF1942 and much more than BFVietnam
  97. AlexP.
    Nov 1, 2006
    A great game. Requires a lot of teamwork! Those people that are complaining that "fun when it works" or something, stop whining. It's not our fault that you have a bad computer. Be prepared to spend hundreds of hours playing this game!
  98. RyanK.
    Dec 2, 2006
    This game is one of the best games I have played, in ANY genre! The game play is simply beautiful! I just can't think of words that would do it justice. But, before you think I am a total fan boy I will give you the pros and the few cons it has. Pros: Great gameplay! Pretty evenly balanced in the firepower department. The urban maps are the funniest thing I have ever played, to be This game is one of the best games I have played, in ANY genre! The game play is simply beautiful! I just can't think of words that would do it justice. But, before you think I am a total fan boy I will give you the pros and the few cons it has. Pros: Great gameplay! Pretty evenly balanced in the firepower department. The urban maps are the funniest thing I have ever played, to be totally honest! The game has very little lag, atleast for me, and I have the game running and then two other laptops on the internet with tons of internet processes running on them that is bandwidth intensive. The unlockable weapons are better than the normal weapon of that category but not overly so, so that if you have this one unlock you will be "owning" everyone else! Cons: The loading of a level takes a bit too long for my liking, it loads the level but then it does this long "verification." Which in my oppinion is it still loading. There is some lag at the beginning and I am a major stickler for ANY lag at all. The game does crash every once in awhile, but not VERY often. In the urban maps, the tanks and APCs take forever to kill, even with the anti-tank rockets. Personal stuff about other reviews: In the review by "Scott Z." he states "Its all about luck because of the random bullet spread" I think this is completely FALSE! This has to be completely made up, I have NEVER felt like it is complete luck, it takes a ton of skill to actually hit your target, he then says farther into the review: "The sniper rilfes arent 1 shot killers, pathetic. I'm sorry but if a .50 cal BMG round hits ANY part of a human body it will kill you outright. The hydraulic shock from the impact sends a shockwave through you (like the ripples on a pond after dropping a stone) that tears organs and pops blood vesals. Have you ever heard a vet say "Well after I was hit by the .50 I......." ? didnt think so." This is idiocy at best, I meant if you got hit by .50cal sniper on your finger tip, which for some reason was out to the side of your body, you would not die! And the hydraulic "shock"...yea, that doesn't even make sense otherwise you would be cut in half by what he says... I mean this is a game, if you wanted to be COMPLETELY realistic I could shoot you in the kneecap with a pistol and you would be out of the fight. My computer is not the best in the world, it is just above the min specs for the game, which I did have to upgrade for, but in my completely honest oppinion, this game is worth it! Expand
  99. CplR.
    Dec 8, 2006
    Excellent top-notch game. Only elitists and nitpickers find fault with this one. No complaint holds water when compared to all the great things about this game, from the 40k feet level right down to the dust, grass, and boots, it's an immersive and totally seamless modern war game.

Once you strap into an F/A-18 and rocket over the landscape, once you're crouched next to a tank trying valiantly to repair it while bullets ping off of the armor inches above your head, once you defend a waypoint and ask for new orders from your commander over the radio, all of those nitpicks about map balance or sniper power fade.
  2. With incredible communication tools, top-notch visuals, and a fantastic balance of vehicles and classes, EA has won the battle and the war of online team-based shooters.
    The thing to remember about Battlefield 2 is that it's exceptionally fun.