7.0

1. Sep 26, 2012
    Fantastic Expansion for Battlefield 3. Brings in some massive maps with exciting vehicle warfare. Each map has a unique look and feel and bring a new level of combat to the game. They are beautifully designed and fit in perfectly with the maps already included in the game. Tank superiority is a bit disappointing as it can be fairly boring but every other game mode is exciting and a lot ofFantastic Expansion for Battlefield 3. Brings in some massive maps with exciting vehicle warfare. Each map has a unique look and feel and bring a new level of combat to the game. They are beautifully designed and fit in perfectly with the maps already included in the game. Tank superiority is a bit disappointing as it can be fairly boring but every other game mode is exciting and a lot of fun to play on these maps. This expansion is well worth purchasing on its own or with the Premium package. Expand
  2. Nov 18, 2012
    In Battlefield I love using tanks on maps such as Caspain Border, I expected this to be fun as such and it just wasn't. What a complete let down and waste of money, the maps are absolutely terrible. If you love Battlefield tanking I would avoid the expansion and instead play normal maps with tanks on, because it's a lot more fun than what this expansion offers.
  3. Oct 7, 2012
    Huge, beautiful and very well designed maps. New and interesting vehicles like the tank destroyer or the AC-130. The best DLC for Battlefield 3 so far in my opinion.
  4. Nov 13, 2012
    So far this is my favorite expension pack for BF3. The new vehicles are a great addition and provide some added variety to the roster. The maps are obviously huge and on the hole are generally well designed and provide a step forward for the BF3 game. My only gripe is that because the maps are so big if there are a lack of vehicels about (which does sometimes happen) there is a long walkSo far this is my favorite expension pack for BF3. The new vehicles are a great addition and provide some added variety to the roster. The maps are obviously huge and on the hole are generally well designed and provide a step forward for the BF3 game. My only gripe is that because the maps are so big if there are a lack of vehicels about (which does sometimes happen) there is a long walk ahead of you to the next checkpoint or to pick up a ride. This asside i have and will spend many more hours on this expension pack Expand
  5. Oct 28, 2012
    As this was the only DLC I was waiting for, there was great disappointment. With it's COD styled DLC approach. you get 4 generic maps and little more. The new vehicles don't bring much, except for the mobile artillery. As for the maps, only 1 has an actual good design and that is Alborz Mountains. It brings some refreshing play with it's vertical approach. the other 3 maps brings nothingAs this was the only DLC I was waiting for, there was great disappointment. With it's COD styled DLC approach. you get 4 generic maps and little more. The new vehicles don't bring much, except for the mobile artillery. As for the maps, only 1 has an actual good design and that is Alborz Mountains. It brings some refreshing play with it's vertical approach. the other 3 maps brings nothing new and doesn't bring much fun with it. The anticipated "biggest map in BF history" is horrible with 3 capture points next to each other where all the action is and the others are just 1000 meters away over some desert. This DLC confirms how EA destroyed DICE entirely. And I think back how great their DLC was in the past with BF2 and BC2. It's such a shame it has turned to this Expand
  6. Sep 20, 2014
    The maps in this expansion pack are the perfect example of how some Battlefield maps should be. Enormous with a lot of vehicles. If you want a true Battlefield experience you should try it.
  7. Oct 9, 2012
    I really like this expansion over B2K and CQ. I bought Battlefield for the epic battles with tanks, jets, choppers, and the like. BFBC2 ruined some of the fun I had going with each expansion in the series, and 2142 is no different. BF3 brings it all back, although, if anything the maps still feel too small. How about a jet only map similar to Coral Sea and really expand the fightingI really like this expansion over B2K and CQ. I bought Battlefield for the epic battles with tanks, jets, choppers, and the like. BFBC2 ruined some of the fun I had going with each expansion in the series, and 2142 is no different. BF3 brings it all back, although, if anything the maps still feel too small. How about a jet only map similar to Coral Sea and really expand the fighting area. I love the fact that uncap areas are off limits. My only gripe is that the AA/Tunguska is no where to be found in most games. It spawns, but it's either the favorite target of everyone or I just cannot ever find except when I'm in a jet of course.

I'll admit, my skill in this game is terrible. And yet, one game I'll be in the top 3, the next dead last. Balancing the game is more important in this DLC with teams. It really is evidenced when you are at a flag in one tank and the rest of your team is AFK, charging off alone in random jeeps, or waiting for the helicopter/jet. Meanwhile, I'm a sitting duck for the coordinated tank army fast approaching. And the AC-130, I love it. I hate it when I get shot capping a flag, but it adds an element that is super fresh and fun. I find myself only joining servers with this DLC or have this DLC in constant rotation. I have no major complaints. If anything it is still too small. This is coming from someone who plays flight simulators (ironic that I would play arcade); if anything I would like to see double or triple the size. Have us in what they call a furball with guns blazing, missles flying, and even have crazy stuff like battleships with AA, emulate real Tunguskas, and dare I say terrifying things like S300s. Bring in things like flying under the radar, loft bombing, and other cool things. Keep it arcade, but add in more elements and bigger areas so I do not feel like my role is to do 8G turns the whole time.
  8. Nov 13, 2012
    This DLC is what Battlefield 3 should be from the VERY FIRST DAY, new maps are simply BEAUTIFUL on a strong PC. This is the most beautiful multiplayer i have EVER played. Also gameplay is amazing on a new maps. I must admit that new vehicles type dosen't bring much new into the game, but that's it, all the rest is Amazing and i think you should go out and buy it NOW.

1. Jan 2, 2013
    All in all the maps offer a nice diverse package with plenty of tactical possibilities.
  2. Nov 6, 2012
    After some missteps, it's Battlefield back to focusing on what it does best. [Holiday 2012, p.73]
  3. Oct 28, 2012
    The pinnacle of full-scale multiplayer warfare, Armored Kill is Battlefield perfected. [Nov 2012, p.85]