Battlefield 3 PC

7.5

1. Oct 26, 2011
    The game's single-player is more linear, glitcher and worse than any CoD game, which is saying ALOT. Being a hardcore fan of BF2, BF2142, and BFP4F, I found the multi-player extremely unsatisfying with less UI features than 5-6 year old videogames, EA Origin, missing classes, really mediocre MoH 2010 gunplay, and glitched vehicle combat. I uninstalled it after 10 hours in Open Beta and theThe game's single-player is more linear, glitcher and worse than any CoD game, which is saying ALOT. Being a hardcore fan of BF2, BF2142, and BFP4F, I found the multi-player extremely unsatisfying with less UI features than 5-6 year old videogames, EA Origin, missing classes, really mediocre MoH 2010 gunplay, and glitched vehicle combat. I uninstalled it after 10 hours in Open Beta and the full game is just as disappointing. [[[Whats sad is EA forced reviewers not to release negative reviews until after the game's release week.]]] Expand
  2. Oct 25, 2011
    The single player is HORRIBLE! It is like they didn't even work on it. Graphics don't look good at all even when set at ULTRA and the polygon counts are really low. The "scriptedness" couldn't be worse. And I thought MW2 was bad!
  3. Feb 15, 2012
    Graphics are great, sound fx are great. But the game have a lot of bugs and crash all the time. It is hard to find a good server with people playing and the battlelog system sucks. I paid 50% of the price and still dont worth the money.
    EA and DICE made a good scam with this game.
  4. Oct 27, 2011
    I'd write a lengthy review but I already wasted enough time playing it. I'll just sum it up: Boring single player with a **** load of cut scenes and listening to people talk. Co-op is nothing more than what mw2 did with theirs, a complete bore. Multiplayer is a joke, as per usual with BF games. New Title: Crawl of duty. Don't waste your money.
  5. Oct 31, 2011
    The game itself may be a 9 when it is patched, to run on GeForce 8/9/200-Series without jerky mouse jitter stutter problem and corrupted shadows and without crashing after a few minutes. But Origin is a absolute no-go, because it searches your whole hard drives and collect and sends personal information. It e.g. even scans directories of tax or bookkeeping software. It is plain and simpleThe game itself may be a 9 when it is patched, to run on GeForce 8/9/200-Series without jerky mouse jitter stutter problem and corrupted shadows and without crashing after a few minutes. But Origin is a absolute no-go, because it searches your whole hard drives and collect and sends personal information. It e.g. even scans directories of tax or bookkeeping software. It is plain and simple spyware, which is violating most western countries laws, e.g. consumer and data safety laws in Germany. If you don't mind about privacy and your personal data at all or using a second PC solely for gaming, where no personal data is stored, you may still buy and install Origin to play it. Expand
  6. Nov 3, 2011
    This is the biggest dissapointment of the year so far. What could have been an amazing game turned out to be a crappy first person shooter that we've all seen before. I know battlefield is all about the multiplayer, but even that dissapoints. DICE has failed to deliver what they pronmised. But the graphics are good and all.
  7. Oct 29, 2011
    The 3 points go to the amazing singleplayer and multiplayer combined with stunning graphics. The -7 points go to EA's invasive Origin where it scans, mines absolutely every data possible.

NO, EA, this is not how you **** with the gamers!
  8. Oct 25, 2011
    What could have been a great game seriously let down by the developers. Multiple issues that were reported from the alpha through the beta by many still exist. With bugs and glitches that were also not present previously. It honestly feels like a half finished game. Things that they should have known people hated from bf:bc2 completely ignored.
    The lack of basic things, no team balance, no
    The lack of basic things, no team balance, no option to select the squad you want. half complete features, for example commorose, missing simple things like requesting ammo or health, but even the options there can't be heard by your team so it is pointless.
    Game isn't built to be a battlefield any more, took too many ideas from cod. Now its suck in the middle doing a worse job then both and nothing better then either.
    That's just the MP, the SP is linear, boring and so heavily scripted, you can't do anything the game doesn't want.
    A hefty patch is the only thing that will fix this, thoroughly underwhelming and a massive disappointment.
  9. Oct 27, 2011
    Huge experience of mine with so called magic-engine frostbite began with bad company 2, where I had impossibly high ping (over 500) no matter what, all downloads are off, every program is shut down, but still, bad company 2 is lagging. I'm not telling that because of punkbuster I couldn't play it for a year, it just crashed and crashed. Now, I seen alpha and beta. It just shocked me. TheyHuge experience of mine with so called magic-engine frostbite began with bad company 2, where I had impossibly high ping (over 500) no matter what, all downloads are off, every program is shut down, but still, bad company 2 is lagging. I'm not telling that because of punkbuster I couldn't play it for a year, it just crashed and crashed. Now, I seen alpha and beta. It just shocked me. They managed to turn frostbite 1.0 into frostbite 0,75 in alpha, then frostbite 0,5 in beta, and now its just a bunch of buggy code within the released product. Even good physics, they've managed to destroy it all. I'm really shocked of DICE and will boycott all of their products since this day. Worst game I have ever tried to play, as its just bugs and bugs, nothing else. It doesn't deserve anything higher than 0. Expand
  10. Nov 8, 2011
    Look, I know this is a multiplayer game. I do. I understand that the singleplayer is little more than an extended tutorial. Did an hour of multiplayer and it was really great. But you put the crappy singleplayer in
  11. Nov 8, 2011
    Didn't live up to the hype. The graphics are sub-par and the controls are slow. Multiplayer is plagued by 12 year old girls. The UI makes me want to die.
  12. Jan 31, 2012
    I play a lot of FPS on Xbox 360. I gave this a very low score; here is why:
    1) I bought this to play multiplayer with friends. The servers put us on different teams 100% of the time... there's a "switch team" option, but it typically says "you can't" do it. 2) Big learning curve, no tutorial, rotten interface, no instructions except random online wikis players have written.
    I play a lot of FPS on Xbox 360. I gave this a very low score; here is why:
    3) Cheaters...

That pretty much sums up why I sold my copy...
  13. Nov 13, 2011
    Great graphics although the constant frame issues, the pathetic unfinished multiplayer, the **** that is Origin and Battlelog give the game a terrible experience. To be honest gameplay can be fun but man seeing everyone run to a damn vehicle is pure stupidity. Then there are constant server issues. You know you pulled out so many Alphas and Betas and could have fixed this. Not trying to beGreat graphics although the constant frame issues, the pathetic unfinished multiplayer, the **** that is Origin and Battlelog give the game a terrible experience. To be honest gameplay can be fun but man seeing everyone run to a damn vehicle is pure stupidity. Then there are constant server issues. You know you pulled out so many Alphas and Betas and could have fixed this. Not trying to be a hater but makes me feel like they focused more on the Frostbite 2 engine then anything else. Expand
  14. Jun 5, 2015
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaa aaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aa aaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa aaaa aaaaaaaa aaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a aaaaaaaaaa a
  15. Dec 23, 2011
    First let me say that I'm a huge fan of the Battlefield series. I didn't buy BF3 to stomp it. I'm also not giving up on the game just yet. But there are some gameplay dynamics that really have me frustrated.

1.) Weapon upgrades make it a frustrating grind for new players. The weapons for new players are so inferior that they don't really stand a chance against the better weaponry/accessories... let alone better weaponry/accessories wielded by someone with 100 hrs more playing time than you. BF2 BC had it right. There should be an incremental jump between default and unlocked weapons... better weapons should help you go from 10 -12 to 12-10. Not 4-14 to 14-4.

It makes tactics worthless because it takes 2-3 times longer to kill players with better weaponry. So even when you shoot them from the side or back, they have time to turn around and waste you no problem.

2.) Terrain physics. At first I was all for how it's difficult to see enemy players on the terrain compared to BF2 BC. Seemed way more realistic and tactical. Unfortunately, the ability to hide encourages lots of camping. Players are invisible in shadows and completely disappear in foliage. For a lot of players it means bush league tactics. Maybe this is my video card setup but I don't think so.

3.) Maps. The maps are super detailed. But the abundance of nooks encourage camping. The unbalanced weapons for new players compounds this like crazy.

4.) Mini map on hard core. This is also another killer of tactical game play. Why should you be smart about out tactical positioning when you can just look at the minimap and see where opponents pop up? Granted, I have access to the mini map too. I could use it. But I don't want to because it takes me out of the gameplay experience. In the past BFs I liked the fact that I could rank high because I played a smart game. Now the game just feels like a dumbed down run around like a chicken with your head cut off spray fest.

5.) Net code. I'm tired of shooting others 4 or 5 times and then dying when it seems like they shot me once. Or dying when I'm on the other side of an impenetrable barrier.

6.) At medium or long distance, BF2 BC rewards controlled bursts of fire. It really made the game play feel tight/smart. BF3 rewards going full auto all the time... especially with the upgraded weaponry where there is little to no recoil. This makes the game (namely HC mode) feel way less tactical. It cheapens it.

6.) Overall, the gameplay feels out of control compared to BF2 BC. It doesn't feel like a team mounting an attack on another team. Its a bunch of individuals running around on full auto killing other individuals with inferior weaponry. I know BF2 BC had it's flaws, but what it did as a whole was to create a sense of narrative in a battle. You could feel the eb an flow of the battles and because of that it often encouraged players to fight strategically even if they weren't intending to play as a team.

I would go back to BF2 BC if there new maps released on a semi-regular basis. As it is, the same old maps are growing old. Maybe it's time to pull some old FPS's out of the bin and see what they offer as far as smart tactical game play.
  16. Dec 22, 2011
    Graphics are good,love campaign and location, but bf3 on console is a flopp, and no matter what platform the sound is horrible it is the worst sounding fps i have ever played i felt like i was at the carnival trying to shoot out the entire red star they all sound like pellet guns WTF!!environment destruction seemed to be turned down and all the hype ea (not dice) and the bf die hard tryGraphics are good,love campaign and location, but bf3 on console is a flopp, and no matter what platform the sound is horrible it is the worst sounding fps i have ever played i felt like i was at the carnival trying to shoot out the entire red star they all sound like pellet guns WTF!!environment destruction seemed to be turned down and all the hype ea (not dice) and the bf die hard try hard fanboys and trolls shoved down everyones throat was all for nothing...movement is horrible at least for console and the overall fun factor( being in gunfights which is the whole point of a FPS) is completely lacking with the majority of my time running to the action just to be sniped or laid out by a 9 yr old prone just camping away or trying to get teammates to actual help complete objectives so unless they are friends it is every man for himself 95% of the time..this was a complete waste of money i def expected more this is EXACTLY just a newer MEDAL OF HONOR 1.5!!!! same sound same movement same look down to the T... Expand
  17. Feb 16, 2012
    I'm sad by this game, huge battlefield 2 fan, and reading the glow, I get the feeling allot of people have not played BF2. The graphics are great. the single player is scripted CoD stuffs. and multiplayer is basic. and here is the issue I have, Battlefield 2 MP was GREAT, and Battlefield 1942 MP was GREAT! Where's commander mode? or being spec opps putting sack charges on enemyI'm sad by this game, huge battlefield 2 fan, and reading the glow, I get the feeling allot of people have not played BF2. The graphics are great. the single player is scripted CoD stuffs. and multiplayer is basic. and here is the issue I have, Battlefield 2 MP was GREAT, and Battlefield 1942 MP was GREAT! Where's commander mode? or being spec opps putting sack charges on enemy artilaryand sacoms etc. I won't even go into the awesomeness of driving aircraft carriers in 1942, will DICE ever be able to return to those days? looking like a strong no. I hope one day someone will bring a proper battlefield to those of us that started with the franchise. perhaps a mod? Expand
  18. Jul 7, 2012
    This is a perfect example of a good franchise made casual. I was a big fan of the battlefield series. starting from battlefield 1942. It is clear EA has a tight grip on DICE. A month after release I might had given this a 8/10. Fanboyism makes blind. But after a while I started realizing they have made the franchise utter sh*t by simplifying the game they obviously attracted a new userThis is a perfect example of a good franchise made casual. I was a big fan of the battlefield series. starting from battlefield 1942. It is clear EA has a tight grip on DICE. A month after release I might had given this a 8/10. Fanboyism makes blind. But after a while I started realizing they have made the franchise utter sh*t by simplifying the game they obviously attracted a new user base. and by that I mean a bunch of casual COD kiddies. This doesn't Make anything better. I DICE even still had some of it's PC fanbase after battlefield: Bad Company. they have certainly lost it now. Also with EA's glorious DLC plan they have certainly stept in COD's footsteps. $15 for a couple of maps. With BC2 vietnam DLC they actually gave us a whole new experience. But the (upcomming) DLC's from BF3 are just ridiculous... It could have been in the original game. But no the allmighty EA had decided otherwise. DICE has literally sold their soul to EA. Lastly the Premium. as if the franchise hadn't copied enough of COD allready, EA wanted their own "Elite" service. It contains all the DLC that's going to be available, Ok that's pretty nice. But then they also have queue jumping. premiums get priority in queues over non premiums. So many knives in our backs, I can't keep track of it. I've literally waited a half hour in a queue to get on my favorite server because I got pushed back the whole time by premiums. This is just so mean to everybody who bought the game. And wait there is more! double xp weeks!! (have I said casual allready?) . everything that Battlefield once was, is now lost. the franchise might have 2 more succesfull titles with their new fanbase. But then it's over. EA will throw DICE in the garbage bin, just like they did with Pandemic. Expand
  19. Nov 4, 2012
    If this game was called Bad Company 3 I would give is an ok rating.. Unfortunately as it is meant to be a sequel to Battlefield 2, it got everything wrong.. I cannot think of anything in this game that I truly like, so much so I stopped playing it after about 60hrs of forcing myself to like it.. This from someone who racked up thousands of hours on BF2 over the years.. Bad Job EA..
  20. Mar 7, 2013
    This game can deliver some great moments particularly in multiplayer. Graphics are fantastic also. The thing that lets it down is the client side collision detection, which makes things a lot more of a lottery than they should be. Ducking behind a wall only to die afterwards just creates a sense of dissatisfaction that is hard to work with.
  21. Nov 7, 2011
    let me start by saying. All of you people crying about ORIGIN please be quiet. I have not had one problem with it, the game on the other hand..
    Single player is in my opinion worse than MOH which next to duke nukem has to be the worst game of recent history.
    Mulitplayer is horrid. The capture points are all too close together. The servers or the game in fact cannot handle 16 players never mind 64. The netcode seems very broken or out of sync, you can shoot people until your clip is empty then die from 1 shot. There are lots of links about this, google it. This is the biggest flaw in the shooter that was bf3, I know lots of people do not see the problem, this is mainly because they have no talent and any kill for them is a good kill.

to recap

single player ´´the dullest experience ever.

multiplayer´is so broke you might as well play it on a console.

I would think about buying this game in a year but then again they never fixed bc2.

stay away, dont believe the hype
  22. Feb 17, 2012
    Game simply doesn't work. Punkbuster kept kicking me until the game became unplayable. Lots of people have been experiencing the same thing and DICE refuse to/don't know how to fix it. It recently attempted to make me redownload 4GB of the game files for no reason, there hadn't even been an update released. After weeks of trying to get it to work I uninstalled the game and the terribleGame simply doesn't work. Punkbuster kept kicking me until the game became unplayable. Lots of people have been experiencing the same thing and DICE refuse to/don't know how to fix it. It recently attempted to make me redownload 4GB of the game files for no reason, there hadn't even been an update released. After weeks of trying to get it to work I uninstalled the game and the terrible Origin DRM that it came with. What an absolute waste of time and money. Also the online community is plagued by rude teenage fanboys who'll attack you at the very suggestion that the game isn't working, possibly on EA's payroll /shrug Expand
  23. Jan 13, 2012
    I regret buying this game. First off you should know that this game launches on a 3rd party website. A website not a game, a website that keeps track of all your progress. I bought this game, expecting to play a Battlefield game, yeah didn't happen. All you get is a sad singleplayer experience with a completely unfair, unbalance multiplayer. Where 90% you are outmatch simply because theI regret buying this game. First off you should know that this game launches on a 3rd party website. A website not a game, a website that keeps track of all your progress. I bought this game, expecting to play a Battlefield game, yeah didn't happen. All you get is a sad singleplayer experience with a completely unfair, unbalance multiplayer. Where 90% you are outmatch simply because the opposite player has more equipment than you. There is so much customization that it completely destroys balance. Out of all the Battlefield games I've played, no, out of all the FPS multiplayers I've played this has to be the biggest pile of ridiculous I've been on. Where with previous Battlefield games destruction was a staple in the Battlefield diet it's now just a simple appetizer offering barely any destruction. With the ridiculous amount of customization, limited destruction, and huge maps where it would take hours to actually find any action you are left with just the spawn screen due to the incisive problem of camping. You thought it was bad in *insert game* you have no idea how bad it is in this game. You're expected to find someone prone on the ground in a bush on a map the size of Texas and only after you had to run 3 mile to a place just to get killed, sent back to GO, do not collect $200. Some people may argue "Oh you're not playing it right, be patient, don't leave your base", I bought this game for the action element in a First Person Shooter not a First Person Hide and Seek in a bush for 2 hours. Players on other FPS don't nearly camp this hard, not even in Modern Warfare! Save yourself the trouble and DO NOT waste your money on this game! There are plenty other brand new games coming out and if you were thinking about getting rid of Bad Company 2, DON'T!!! Bad Company 2's multiplayer game-play is 100x better than Battlefield 3. Expand
  24. Nov 19, 2011
    game is crap , engine is like MOH from dice and with great browser game choosing fail. also you live 1 sec if youi r not using sniper. graphic is crap also .MW3 is bad also so better pass both games if you can.
  25. Oct 28, 2011
    multiplayer lacks skill and teamplay, russian announcer speaks english, and battlelog is a satan's gift. ....................................................................................................
  26. Oct 30, 2011
    Firstly, let me tell you that this game is awesome. The graphics, animations and sound are top notch.
    The campaign is mediocre but then if you bought BF3 for the SP, there's something wrong with you.
    Now the reason for the low score is that the game is totally unplayable. Sure there are some people who haven't had a single problem , you are the lucky ones and I envy you but there are 10 more people for 1 of you who are not able to play the game for more than 5 minutes. The game crashes with a stuttering sound after 5 mins into a MP session. The stuttering on this game is unimaginable on certain high end cards as well. When i pay $60 to play a game i don't expect to spend 10 hours finding a solution to a problem running the game. Kudos to DIce and EA for not porting this from the consoles but your ignorance to customer grievances on Battlelog has to be brought to the forefront.
    You had an amazing game in your hands and you messed it up. Stay away from this title , atleast on the PC until these issues are rectified.
  27. Oct 25, 2011
    This is not a Battlefield game. This is COD on a nicer engine, with better maps. If you like COD, you'll love this, but all die hard BF fans will get bored quickly as the lack of gameplay and focus on personal gain and unlocks clowds your vision.
  28. Nov 1, 2011
    Battlefield 3 is a gorgeous and smooth multiplayer FPS that is fun to play if you have tons of time to devote to it and have been playing since launch day. I feel sorry for anyone who hasn't started playing yet or who will receive this game as a gift later this year since they are in for an experience equivalent to hazing.

Battlefield 3 is deliberately abusive to new or below-average

Battlefield 3 is deliberately abusive to new or below-average skill players. Yes, there are weapons to unlock like previous Battlefield games. Unfortunately, DICE has taken a good thing to the extreme this time around. Did you know you can unlock faster firing speed for vehicles, faster reloads for vehicles, better body armor against explosives, faster sprinting, bipods that make your aim steady, and more? If you haven't started playing by now your enemy has all of these advantages. If you haven't started playing yet you don't have these advantages and will be constantly dominated by players who do have these advantages.

Unfortunately, there is no way to avoid this immediate disadvantage. You must fight through ever-increasingly difficult odds just to try and rank up to the level of your opponents. By the time you get there they will scored so many points against you that the problem of imbalance will persist. This is not a game that features a level playing field. It goes out of its way to make it imbalanced whether you drive a vehicle or hoof it on foot. Even the vehicles have features that must be unlocked. Enjoy being a sitting duck in an armored vehicle as the enemy pelts you with a faster firing speed and missile that you haven't unlocked.

I could add some commentary about maps in this game. I could add commentary about weapons and vehicles. None of that really matters when the core gameplay mechanics are this badly imbalanced. None of the game's content or performance matters when you join a multiplayer server and find that even your allies sprint right by, demand you let them drive a vehicle because it doesn't have unlockable offensive and defensive capabilities when you drive, or your friends refuse to play on your team because you're too far behind them in terms of unlocks and ranks.

I cannot advocate for a game in which gives players advantages over each other. Weapon unlocks were a nice way to add diversity to the game. Giving players advantages the same way they unlock new content is absolutely brutal. This is not a game of skill or an objective-based team game -- it is purely about who can unlock the most content the fastest.
  29. Nov 6, 2011
    A uniquely disappointing campaign unless you enjoy the philosophical aspect of death out of the blue. The campaign is buggy, kludgy, and denies you any sort of satisfaction. Nothing is worse than pressing the wrong button during one of the close combat scenes, well aware that you're now condemned to passively follow half a minute more of fighting, followed by your death and another half aA uniquely disappointing campaign unless you enjoy the philosophical aspect of death out of the blue. The campaign is buggy, kludgy, and denies you any sort of satisfaction. Nothing is worse than pressing the wrong button during one of the close combat scenes, well aware that you're now condemned to passively follow half a minute more of fighting, followed by your death and another half a minute with the loading screen.
    The multiplayer mode may or may not be ok, but after the campaign I don't want to see any more of this game.
  30. Nov 12, 2011
    Installing and running EAs very own spyware, Origin, is compulsory in order to play. Origin scans your personal data, including documents and tax returns. According to the EULA, EA can use this data however they want, including selling it to other companies. This is unlawful, outrageous, absolutely, totally unacceptable!! Also, the game isn't that great, either.
  31. Nov 7, 2011
    If you want Cod, buy Cod. That is basically all that needs saying but I am on here for a rant so here goes...its a consol port, its arcadey, the battles are lass intense the aiming is crap, the textures look artificial, it puts up dodgy frames (bright blue or green- ati 6950), worst of all is level design, levels dont blow up like they used to and are designed like cod so fights happenIf you want Cod, buy Cod. That is basically all that needs saying but I am on here for a rant so here goes...its a consol port, its arcadey, the battles are lass intense the aiming is crap, the textures look artificial, it puts up dodgy frames (bright blue or green- ati 6950), worst of all is level design, levels dont blow up like they used to and are designed like cod so fights happen when you see the other guy first and the visibility is such there is too much chance that a guy will see you through chance rather than skill. Played it for a bit and got bored. I regret paying money for this and reccommend others dont. Expand
  32. Nov 8, 2011
    Bland. Single player is just bleh boring and stale; left a bad taste in my mouth. Moving from that into the multiplayer it's just the same as Battlefield 2. Literally nothing new is included in this game that isn't in BF2 or BFBC2. If you've played those games don't buy this one.
  33. Nov 17, 2011
    Worst ever Battlefield game. I love BF2 and still play it, occasionally BFBC2 as well. Since this game was named "BF3", I expected improved gameplay with new features BFBC2 has presented. But this happened to be BFBC3, not BF3. Except for that, the game itself isn't bad. Maybe it was just my expectations of the Battlefield (not Bad Company) franchise.

EA should learn how to name their

EA should learn how to name their games before releasing them.
  34. Nov 9, 2011
    The singleplayer is unfinished (has a lot of bugs) wait for a year after release hopefully this game will have a patch. I've seen NPCs shooting without the gun geometry in their hands, NPCs walking through metal fences, the worst problem is that your squad NPCs takes cover in the exact perfect place that you need to take cover to progress through the scene and you can't move them (they'reThe singleplayer is unfinished (has a lot of bugs) wait for a year after release hopefully this game will have a patch. I've seen NPCs shooting without the gun geometry in their hands, NPCs walking through metal fences, the worst problem is that your squad NPCs takes cover in the exact perfect place that you need to take cover to progress through the scene and you can't move them (they're pieces of brick video geomotry) even worse whenever they have a path to follow they don't go around you they just push your avatar out of the way, it's the most embarrassing video game story to follow I've ever seen in a game of this generation with all of the spectacular visuals going on around you you can't navigate around your squad and they can't navigate around you. When you see your squad member running right at you then just continue the running animation right in your face as your avatar pushes out of the way you'll know what I mean.

On the other hand if battlefield war is what you want then the multiplayer is inexplicabaly incredible, the best capture the flag that you can get right on your computer. Nothing like Battlefield: Bad Company 2 it has a completely different flowy feel to it. There's nothing like seeing a squad run across a road you're guarding waiting for cover from your squad knowing they're real people on the other side of the computer and if they see you it's completely unpredictable what any of them might do.
  35. Nov 9, 2011
    Art director should be fired.Game is way overhyped.

- burn out contrast/bloom/hdr and no way to town it down , it hurts yours eyes and its impossible to spot enemies which look most of the time like background (way to dark uniforms) or like your teammates, people shot you out of nowhere, you need eagle eyesight to spot them - blinding lights from sun - stupid lensflare, blinding lights
    Art director should be fired.Game is way overhyped.

- blinding lights from sun - stupid lensflare, blinding lights from flashlights, lasers, even streetlights are too bright - very annoying and lame - most of maps is tiny with chokepoints, lighting is too dark or too bright
    - soldiers and vehicles move too fast - autohealing for vehicles,no cool down for repair tool which makes many vehicles undestructable
    - recon useless - no camouflage for recon, silly scope flare giving your position away
    - ugly gray/bluish color cast on some maps - env. not as destructive as in BC2 !
    - noisy, too much bang-bang, at the same time you cant hear footsteps of enemies Most of maps are tiny, graphics is not gameplay friendly (contrast bloom hdr way over the top) and hurts your gameplay and eyes, difficult to spot enemies because of too much contrast and and too dark shadows.I was big BF series fan owned BF2,BF2142,BFBC2 but BF3 totally sucks, tiny maps make you feel you play Unreal Tournment and not battlefield. Disappointment of the year :( I suggest you stay with BC2 its much better game.
  36. Nov 9, 2011
    This game is a complete let down, the graphics took a back seat, the multiplayer is laggy and clunky,and the story mode is a rip off from black ops. Don't believe the reviews and save your money, rent it and experience it for yourself. Not to mention the servers suck, i hope EA gets their act together next time.
  37. Nov 10, 2011
    The servers are crap. The fact that vehicles are present is crap. The lag is crap. The fact that you have to buy the game new or pay 10 bucks to play online is also a load of crap.
  38. Nov 10, 2011
    A disappointment of epic proportions, I was expecting game of the year stuff. The campaign and co-op modes are tacked on just so no one can compain they did not exist. Multiplayer feels good when it works well, but the stupid browser based Battlelog system and the time it takes to get into a game alongwith lack of decent chat options (in a game where co-ordination is so stressed upon)A disappointment of epic proportions, I was expecting game of the year stuff. The campaign and co-op modes are tacked on just so no one can compain they did not exist. Multiplayer feels good when it works well, but the stupid browser based Battlelog system and the time it takes to get into a game alongwith lack of decent chat options (in a game where co-ordination is so stressed upon) spoils the experience. People rant on about how great the jets are, but no one knows how to fly one and they rarely add to the team's score. Also people rant on about how great the 64-player action is but all it is is really a big chaotic mess where no one knows what the hell to do. Expand
  39. Nov 12, 2011
    This game is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo buggy its boring and repetitive no fun rubbish garbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage
  40. Aug 24, 2012
    Screwed over by EA/Dice, changed in game content drop to pure content drop and gave us PICTURES.
    Obviously could not be bothered and have made their money - now just going through the motions and delivering any old tarp in an effort to meet their commitments. Glad I found out now about to pre order MOH, special editions not worth anything anymore.

Never again.
  41. Nov 14, 2011
    I'm just gonna give this review because I'm childish and like to bash other, more succesfull games than the ones I play (end of sarcasm here)

The developers aimed for a realistic gameplay as opposed to the more 'arcade' type gameplay. To be honest, I don't like it, the graphics are really cartoony, not realistic. You have to pump a whole mag into someone to kill em and get into vehicles to be competitive, seriously is this for real? The whole 'everything can be destroyed' is the only thing new in this series, but not even worth one point, because it's about the gamplay, not the ability to destroy buildings. In my opinion it's more worth it to spend your time on the the bigger game in this genre, because unlike what the BF3 fanboys giving 0 points to MW3 seem to suggest, it's a great game.
  42. Dec 16, 2011
    DICE disappointed me with this new version of Battlefield full of bugs.
    DICE disappointed me with this new version of Battlefield full of bugs.
    It's just unbelievable... How can they sell a game with a huge number of bugs. I've updated my graphic card and sound card drivers. I've updated Battlefield but it still does not work after almost 1 month. Follow my advice : Don't by this game ... As far as I am concerned, my next action in the next hour will be to unsinstall this application.
  43. Feb 20, 2012
    Where to start? How about, don't waste your money? That will do.

The Good: I may be able to sell it. The Bad: Where to start yet again? I get a feeling that many who had to pay for this game will brag it up as the loss of money due to owning a digital booger may drive them mad. I feel that's the case with BF3 and the only way I can see anyone thinking this game is great. I play paid for
    Where to start? How about, don't waste your money? That will do.

The Good: I may be able to sell it. The Bad: Where to start yet again?

I get a feeling that many who had to pay for this game will brag it up as the loss of money due to owning a digital booger may drive them mad. I feel that's the case with BF3 and the only way I can see anyone thinking this game is great. I play paid for and free games, I would not play BF3 even if it was free. Install the game, (plan on coffee) then download another 3.4 gigs? That's just to get the game up and running. When I saw the graphics, I nearly fell over. Looking back at Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, I do believe the graphics were comparable. This game is being run on great gaming computers, the graphics cards alone cost near 500 bucks, all quad cores, DDR3, etc... so it's not a performance lack, the graphics were simply laughable to me. When a player jumps over a wall, what's with the floppy legs?? Are they all Jeff Dunham recruits? It takes more time to get into battle than the time you get actually battling. The weapon effects are near zero, the blood looks like Jello forming, absolutely absurd. I've been gaming for a long time, longer than I care to admit, I was shocked to see anyone give this game a 10 but to each his own and hopefully some truly do get some enjoyment from this purchase. BTW, I tried to run over a stop sign, seems the stop signs are built better than the tanks in this game. Ah yes, the propane tanks, they won't burn leaves or paper but they will shatter cement. Shoot a launcher, watch the projectile disappear into oblivion, perhaps to start it's own life elsewhere far from this game. Aiming? A thing of the past, just point, shoot and hope, you will likely be better off for your troubles. COD MW2 was 10x this game and seems COD 3 will be as well. Enemy Territory Quake Wars was 10X better as well, but my list could go on for some time. Again, I could not play this game without laughing in bewilderment, thinking ridiculous thoughts of brainwashing conspiracies to explain the BF3 fanatical attention. That said, does anyone want to buy a very slightly and never again used BF3? No, I'm not kidding.
  44. Mar 24, 2012
    I was always a heavy DICE fan, right since the early days and before with Codename Eagle. But I've been saddened to see them let themselves go, and turn away from creating new, exciting, original and inspired content, and instead have got on the "if it sells, then milk it" bandwagon. Yes, Battlefield 3 will sell, and BF4 and BF5~ will sell, but this game lacks all the love and soul ofI was always a heavy DICE fan, right since the early days and before with Codename Eagle. But I've been saddened to see them let themselves go, and turn away from creating new, exciting, original and inspired content, and instead have got on the "if it sells, then milk it" bandwagon. Yes, Battlefield 3 will sell, and BF4 and BF5~ will sell, but this game lacks all the love and soul of its predecessors, and if I were a DICE developer, I would try to remember why I started making games in the first place.

Battlefield 3 is formulaic, gives the player no control over what they want to do, repeatedly puts you through ridiculous scripted events where your only goal is to "HIT E NOT TO DIE".

The SinglePlayer campaign is also ridiculously short. I started and finished it within the space of maybe 4 hours.

This is not a Battlefield game. Don't be mistaken by the title. This is a CoD clone. If you really love the way CoD is going, then you'll like this. If you want something that makes you feel alive to play it, look somewhere else.

I beseech you, DICE, next time scrap the SP campaign, and replace it with the AI version of multiplayer, as you had in BF1942 and others.
  45. May 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It is always saddening when a game over-hypes itself. Not only will it be impossible to live up to the expectations, but the workforce will also have to try to create this "perfect" game. This is exactly the life style of Battlefield 3. Between the flame wars they started with Activision, and EA quickly becoming more and more greedy, the idea of a perfect game was much more fantasy than reality. Now, with that said: the gameplay is mildly solid, the maps are fairly good, and the weapons are far more diverse than ever. However, the game's multiplayer itself is not at all solid. The game boasts several animation glitches, very poor servers, and the same amount of overpowered weapons as the Call of Duty series. In addition, the destructibility of the maps are nowhere near the usual amount for a Battlefield game. Bad co. 2, the prequel if you do not know, had the ability to obliterate entire buildings with explosives, crush walls with tanks, and destroy several walls with vehicle guns. In this game, all buildings will remain standing magically. While I can understand this from some perspectives, this adds more problems then it solves. Campers are now a problem in Battlefield, the battlefield becomes stoic and unchanging, and hiding from vehicles is easily possible. Now, when it comes to story, as interestingly told as it is, it's still the same thing as every single modern game just rehashed and labeled "Battlefield 3." Here it is: Soldier goes to some war-torn place, gets evacuated, enemies steal a nuke, there's a betrayal, one nuke goes off, other is sent to NYC, you chase it, defeat the person who stole it, and walk away as the only survivor... The end. See? The same story as almost every single FPS game. It gets boring.

While the game is fun for a while, on PC, that is, it gets boring, stoic, and less than fun. Unless the price goes down immensely soon, or it comes to steam, I would highly not recommend it.
  46. Jul 28, 2013
    Requires to run through browser which uses up RAM and CPU power. This could have been avoided, but they wanted all the security. It is very glitchy, laggy, and single player is does not exist (I don't know what that thing they call single player is). This game also contains nothing new compared to the previous ones, instead it removes things that were great such as a commander. Stay awayRequires to run through browser which uses up RAM and CPU power. This could have been avoided, but they wanted all the security. It is very glitchy, laggy, and single player is does not exist (I don't know what that thing they call single player is). This game also contains nothing new compared to the previous ones, instead it removes things that were great such as a commander. Stay away from this game it is not worth the cost. Expand
  47. Oct 27, 2013
    If you enjoy playing with 63 snipers per game, you should buy this game.

Snipers are extremely overpowered, and no one plays anything else than sniper.
  48. Mar 6, 2013
    Should be renamed to call of field bad company 3.
    Plays nothing like the pre- bad company battlefields.
    Trying too hard to make itself look serious by attracting casual audience from call of duty.
  49. Apr 19, 2013
    Terrible game. horrible balence of kits, assualt is op, engineer sucks, "support" is for metro camping and recon is underpowered. Game stutters and runs choppy on my gtx 660ti on ultra. Even with over 60fps, not optimised very good. Every time i play this game i just get angry, the people who play this game also make me sick, total fanboys. And half of them cheat. Your better offTerrible game. horrible balence of kits, assualt is op, engineer sucks, "support" is for metro camping and recon is underpowered. Game stutters and runs choppy on my gtx 660ti on ultra. Even with over 60fps, not optimised very good. Every time i play this game i just get angry, the people who play this game also make me sick, total fanboys. And half of them cheat. Your better off buying arma if you want a "teamwork based game" there is no teamwork in this game, the pc version has no in game voice chat, and you have to play on servers that ban you if you speak bad langauge, use a certain gun, or just find a glitch in the map or just be good at the game, admins will ban you at will becuase its "their server" childish game. Dont buy into the whole "its better than cod" cod is better and funner, this game is bland and will get you bored after just a couple of weeks like i did. Expand
  50. Jan 25, 2014
    Launching a game from a browser with special plugins is beyond ridiculous. First EA makes you install Origin because they refuse to use the way superior Steam, but then their own DRM doesn't seem enough so they have to add yet another DRM? Can't play when EA's servers act up again.

Sabotaging your own modding community to sell more absurdly expensive and content-lacking DLCs is in poor taste.

Everything needs to be unlocked, casual gaming is incredibly boring.

The campaign is mediocre at best. The storyline is absurd, the quick time events misplaced and annoying, the close combat is staged and the enemy doesn't seem to do anything else than run wave after wave in my sights. The dogfighting was repetitive and not exciting at all.

Only good thing I can name are the sound effects, they are absolutely incredible. Most realistic gunshots I've heard in a game.

All in all, they should have stopped at 2.
  51. Jan 24, 2015
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME UNLESS YOUR PC IS PERFECT! i bought this game some time ago when i got myself a new PC. i had heard people raving about it all over the place so i thought i would give it a try. i went through an unnecessarily complicated and long winded installation only to find it impossible to play. i looked into it and despite my pc being the right system requirements it wasDO NOT BUY THIS GAME UNLESS YOUR PC IS PERFECT! i bought this game some time ago when i got myself a new PC. i had heard people raving about it all over the place so i thought i would give it a try. i went through an unnecessarily complicated and long winded installation only to find it impossible to play. i looked into it and despite my pc being the right system requirements it was apparently not enough. so i upgraded my RAM to solve this issue. still not enough. i look into it again and apparently its still not enough. basically it seems that unless your PC is made to run this game, you will never get to play it. even with everything either turned off or on minimum and the lowest resolution possible it is still too slow to actually play.
    a quick look around on the net showed that this is a widespread issue. so go on-line and find out if you can run it DO NOT pay attention to the system requirements it states. its a shame as it looked like a good game and i was really looking forward to it. so as i type i am removing it and will then throw it in the bin.
    i found everything about it vague when trying to get started. after a lengthy installation it then did an even longer update. a total of 19 hours, just to get started (and i have never had that much time from ANY other games). then you cant just play but instead you have to download even more things as you access it from the internet even for single player. after all that i was met with a low resolution, laggy, buggy and intolerable mess.
    basically it seems that unless you are already an intensive gamer with a high end PC the price of this game is actually in the hundreds of pounds. i cannot find any appropriate words for my disappointment as far as this game is concerned. the footage i had seen elsewhere looked amazing, but it seems that it was not PC footage. the cost involved in making my PC capable of running this game is more than it would be to buy a PlayStation and the game and not have the issues. as it is i have spent £80 and too many hours on trying to make it work and its all wasted.

of all the games i have bought this is the worst. by all means buy it but go on-line and find out the real requirements before parting with your hard earned cash and time. EA have successfully made a pastime into hard and infuriating work.
  52. Nov 4, 2011
    Battlefield Bad Company 2 was a better game in every respect, that's all you need to know, how can you take such a big step backwards? It's even buggier than BC 2, one can only wonder if it was Dice or EA who's responsible for making this game a mess. The game industry is taking everything that's bad about Hollywood and incorporating it.
  53. Oct 25, 2011
    There was so much hype abt this game, I thought it was going to blow me away watching all the videos. Am not much into MP, prefer campaign mode. giving it a 2 for not being even half as good as I was expecting it to be.
  54. wr2
    Nov 5, 2011
    The game's SP campaign clearly represents the rare case when you hate your comrades more than your enemies. Oh, wait, you hate not your comrades, you hate the stupid programmers who scripted them to become unstoppable bulldozers pushing you out of cover and right under enemy gunfire. Seeing a good firing position behind a reliable cover? Wait, don't rush to it yet, there is a very goodThe game's SP campaign clearly represents the rare case when you hate your comrades more than your enemies. Oh, wait, you hate not your comrades, you hate the stupid programmers who scripted them to become unstoppable bulldozers pushing you out of cover and right under enemy gunfire. Seeing a good firing position behind a reliable cover? Wait, don't rush to it yet, there is a very good chance that bot scripting guy saw it too. Because, you know, his bots are more valuable than your stupid character, and he hadn't bothered to think about your natural moves, so you will be squeezed out indefinitely. The real problem is quite simple: there is no advanced AI for NPCs. Or, rather, there is no AI at all. Bots from both sides follow predestined routes, kill each other at predestined times, your actions don't affect anything at all, and playing at hard difficulty means that in tight spots you have to memorize bots' moves, then carefully maneuver among them. If you break the script somehow, say, by staying behind your squad, you will eventually find out that enemy stops moving. They are out of scripted moves and have no idea what to do next. I know this is a multiplayer game, all right. But what's the point of adding a single player campaign if its only accomplishment is total frustration among gamers? Expand
  55. Nov 1, 2011
    You know you have a winner of a game when the single player version is so heavily scripted it's unforgiving to the point of insanity and your multiplayer aspect has the tactical flashlight as being the best item ever (as it blinds everyone even in broad daylight). Some of the maps are horribly designed and not balanced for team play. Advancement is the epitome of carrot dangling to theYou know you have a winner of a game when the single player version is so heavily scripted it's unforgiving to the point of insanity and your multiplayer aspect has the tactical flashlight as being the best item ever (as it blinds everyone even in broad daylight). Some of the maps are horribly designed and not balanced for team play. Advancement is the epitome of carrot dangling to the extreme. Sure, it makes you feel great when you get a ribbon, but this is nothing more than a grind to keep players coming back for more of the same garbage served on EA's Origin (which has issues as well). The game looks fantastic and sounds equally fantastic, but core game design and levels are not well thought out and only exist to keep you grinding away. Expand
  56. Oct 28, 2011
    Origin even spies your return of tax or cellphone backup, battlelog is the biggest crap ever. The game is full of bugs, the Singplayer is watching most of the time (without being able to do anything) boring - stolen from other FPS - scripted scenes and missions. The MP offers nothing new compared to BC2 and MoH - besides Maps, Perks for every crap, Textures and some (ok they are good)Origin even spies your return of tax or cellphone backup, battlelog is the biggest crap ever. The game is full of bugs, the Singplayer is watching most of the time (without being able to do anything) boring - stolen from other FPS - scripted scenes and missions. The MP offers nothing new compared to BC2 and MoH - besides Maps, Perks for every crap, Textures and some (ok they are good) animations. Overall the game would be O.K, but Origin and Battlelog let the score crash into the negative (if it would be possible). 0/10 Expand
  57. Oct 25, 2011
    The overall experience with this game is average, it could have been FANTASTIC, if DICE had not copied other shooters in the market, to me this game is just a mix of Bad Company 2, Medal Of Honor, Call Of Dutty and Battlefield 2, all together in a nicer engine, that looks great butt not as great as they made you believe in all those nice trailers...
    The annoying battlelog combined with the
    The annoying battlelog combined with the unnecessary origin spyware app do not help either.
  58. Oct 25, 2011
    The single players, really contains crappy missions. Nothing really, no interesting story, no time and value put into it. I would have way more recommended it if the developers really forgot about the single player and just focused on the multiplayer part, and now they didn't it filled with bugs and glitches which then you get excuses that it's a beta or an alpha.
  59. Oct 26, 2011
    Just a below average shooter. Yes it's very pretty, but the graphics add nothing to the gameplay (and in some cases actually get in the way). Gunplay simply isn't visceral or fun, detached is a term I'd associate with it. Single player is a travesty, there's no flow you just wait all the time for your squad to catch up (and for you to find the exact right place to stand to trigger theJust a below average shooter. Yes it's very pretty, but the graphics add nothing to the gameplay (and in some cases actually get in the way). Gunplay simply isn't visceral or fun, detached is a term I'd associate with it. Single player is a travesty, there's no flow you just wait all the time for your squad to catch up (and for you to find the exact right place to stand to trigger the script) and the next quicktime event to take place. Coop is just a very generic horde-rush/nazi zombie like mode. MP is simply dull, generic and not much fun. Maps are either chokepoint based or desolate empty spaces designed for vehicle only gameplay (even the sniper rifles have been gimped). It's the very definition of all polish and no substance. And that's before you get into the hell hole of the Origin/Battlelog/additional VOIP client system, slow loading times, annoying "music". Not worth buying, massively overhyped in the press. Save your money, send a message to EA and don't buy this (also bug ridden) rubbish. I'm giving it 1 for the graphics at least. Expand
  60. Nov 7, 2011
    Hide in the bushes and snipe. Or leave the bushes and get sniped. Or maybe you can get blinded by a flashlight in broad daylight from 100ft away. Awesome.
  61. Oct 28, 2011
    Preorderd this game expecting to play a few days after shipped from release on the 25th. Unbeknownst to me, Pacific region customers are restricted from the game until November 2nd. This in itself was bad. What made it worse was when querying EA's customer service via live chat, the first agent more than once ignored questions I posed and instead kept saying "May I help you" (this wasPreorderd this game expecting to play a few days after shipped from release on the 25th. Unbeknownst to me, Pacific region customers are restricted from the game until November 2nd. This in itself was bad. What made it worse was when querying EA's customer service via live chat, the first agent more than once ignored questions I posed and instead kept saying "May I help you" (this was after a 40 min wait to speak to them and 5-10 min wait between each response that was written to them which dragged out the conversation.) When I asked the last to answer the question I posed, they actually hung up on me and I spent another 40 minutes waiting to talk to another agent who took over an hour and a half (due to the 5 to 10 minute delays in their responses) to eventually escalate a complaint to a supervisor.... who wouldnt be addressing the issues until next week(28th of October was the date of the conversation). Completely have no interest in the game now because of this experience and wish I'd never bothered with it. Expand
  62. Oct 28, 2011
    Summary: Battelfield 3 + Origin = Fail! This game is really the last. I was really looking forward to it such a long time but realizing what EA is trying to do with me and my PC is more than bold. I couldn't even install it as I don't agree with Origin. At least, i could send it back to Amazon. Sometimes I really wonder what the publisher think about us, theirs costumers ...
  63. Oct 28, 2011
    1.origin,spying,scanning you pc and not even working,yes steam does the same but at least it works
    2.nehhative mouse acceleration,cant bind some jeys,no difrent sensitivity for vehicles,keyborad left key problems etc.
    3.pathetic visual effects that will damage your eyes and give you a headache blinding lights,glare,bloom,high contrast,blue filter,headbob and other constant screen shakes
    3.pathetic visual effects that will damage your eyes and give you a headache
    4.pathetic sounds,sniper sounds like a toy gun and it has that damage also
    ugly guns and animations
    5.they cut a part of the game and then sell it as an expansion
    crashing,bad optimization,lag and a ton of other problems
  64. Oct 29, 2011
    2 points for the anticipated game I have yet to get a taste of. Minus every other point for how broken Origin is. Releasing a game that is locked to a third party software like Origin, and then have the application so broken and unfinished is just unacceptable. Not to mention one of the worst and most useless support chatlines in the history of gaming.
  65. Oct 31, 2011
    My biggest problem with the game is that the map design is really bad, it's obvious none of the maps were designed for 64 players, because every map packs players into a tiny area with 3-5 capture points and then funnels every player through unavoidable chokepoints filled with snipers and tanks and men running around with knives. They've removed all the tactical gameplay that madeMy biggest problem with the game is that the map design is really bad, it's obvious none of the maps were designed for 64 players, because every map packs players into a tiny area with 3-5 capture points and then funnels every player through unavoidable chokepoints filled with snipers and tanks and men running around with knives. They've removed all the tactical gameplay that made Battlefields 1942/2/2142 so great, the game turns into a mindless grind with no balance or thought. Some of the maps are better than others, but there are 4 or 5 out of the 9 that come with the game that are up with the worst from Bad Company 2, which was a sort of mini-console-Battlefield that Battlefield 3 wasn't supposed to be emulating. Like, two of the nine Battlefield 3 maps are literally linear underground tunnels. I was extremely disappointed that there isn't a single large-scale map up there with even the mid-sized maps from the old Battlefield games. If you look at the promo videos which pretty much all involve flying jets (which have no effect on the rest of the game by the way, they're in the game mostly for looks and bullet points I think) the maps look pretty large but all of the capture points are clustered in one tiny area which turns the game into another Call of Duty. They seem to have focused much more on adding a bunch of annoying leveling features, you start out with nothing and then have to grind your way up to get more gear, eventually you'll unlock weapons like an IR Scope that's basically a dev-endorsed wall-hack or gun addons that remove all of your recoil. There are some really huge oversights like air vehicles not starting out with countermeasures, which means as soon as you take off you'll be shot down by one of the 12 players on the other team wielding missile launchers, until you grind enough to unlock something to defend yourself. Nothing in this game is about being "fun", it's about being addictive and fulfilling a lot of soulless corporate metrics. Who cares if the game plays like crap, if you can compel players to grind out a bunch of silly awards? If you're reading this review 3 months from now, you should probably just avoid, because I suspect it will be really miserable to start out in this game once you're going up against teams of experienced players with leveled upped gear. I only tried single player for about 2 minutes, within that time I shot a few AK-47 wielding masked terrists and QTE'd a man to death and then QTE jumped from an exploding train, which is way too many QTE's for me. If you like games that try to look like action movies I think you'll really enjoy this one though. The only positives I can think of are that the graphics and sound are very nice. I'm still holding out hope there will be some sort of additional maps or expansion or something that fixes some of the problems, but I really doubt it based on what I've seen so far, Battlefield 3 has already sold like a hojillion copies so I do not think Electronic Arts gives a **** Expand
  66. Nov 3, 2011
    Those who see this "0" score may wonder why I'm starting with what, I think, are good - or great - features of the game, so let me start:
    -no more jumping in order to overcome, say, a 2" step on a ladder (or level difference in terrain, for that matter). Now really, does anybody jump 3 steps in order to climb one? In all other games of this franchise, it's a constant annoyance. Not this time, though;
    -sound. Realistic. Awesome. Not one negative comment on this one.
    -now, something that may be controversial: the flashlight. Either love or hate it, I consider it something more realistic than before, and even though there were means to do it, it was not built-in;
    -physics/destruction: maybe I should address them separately, but, from what I saw, it looks like physics come from destruction in this game, not the other way around. And don't tell me they are two completely separated things, or it'll get worse! I'll stress the good one: destruction. It's good. I really appreciated it. But when it comes to physics, things are somewhat odd (ask those "jet pilot" players...), to say the least.

And that's all the good things I have to say about BF3 (or should I call it BC3?). Battlelog? Everyone I know is complaining about it. Lack of VoIP? Same. Where are the big ships DICE has promised? Naval battle? I had hopes that this wasn't a bad joke, but it is; a dirty one. Commander? No longer. -member squads? Only if n=4. Commo rose or F1-F8? No option: the worst commo rose I've ever seen (not that I haven't complained about it in BF2; it was bad enough already, but they managed to make it even worse). Graphics? Really, it's a mixture of great vehicle and soldiers textures, with mediocre (or less) terrain graphics. I was wondering if "ultra" meant "ultra-LOW" instead of "ultra-HIGH" graphics quality; to be fair, it's better than DN Forever, and comparable to ET:QW. What about towing vehicles (or vehicles towing objects)? Oh, you don't know what I'm talking about? Sorry if you haven't played BFV, then (and really, I feel really sorry on this one, since you probably can't buy BFV in stores now). Chat screen filling 1/3 of it? C'mon, DICE, you can do better than that! In-game server browser? No more. More unlocks than classes? Then what's the point on classes anyway!!?? And what about that **** of "play it the way you want"? The way I want is more like this: MOD tools, so I can put ideas into practice without having to convince DICE's CEO to allocate a fair amount of time and $ of their team to do it for me (for us). Instead of MODs, which extend the game's life cycle, one will gonna have to put up with DLCs, which divide the community (into those who have and those who don't) once for each DLC. The way I want to play is without Origin, launching the game like any other I've ever installed, not via web browser.
    I'm not done, but I don't want to extend myself much (more than I have already) on this one.
    Clearly, the bad side of it by far out-passes the good one.
  67. Nov 3, 2011
    Origin and BattleLog ruin any possibility of a positive experience. The server browser returns expired server status and data; connecting to servers and staying connected is an exercise in futility. Once connected, you're still not out of the clear as you have an extremely high probability of being kicked. The single player campaign is pathetic. Quick time events to kill rats and openOrigin and BattleLog ruin any possibility of a positive experience. The server browser returns expired server status and data; connecting to servers and staying connected is an exercise in futility. Once connected, you're still not out of the clear as you have an extremely high probability of being kicked. The single player campaign is pathetic. Quick time events to kill rats and open doors is not exciting. Do yourself a favor and avoid this game. Expand
  68. Nov 4, 2011
    People who are rating this game 8+ must be playing a different game than me. No one was more anxious for this game than me. After a year of hype and trailers I was really waiting for this. I've been playing BF2 constantly for the past year. I stopped buying MW after the mess that MW2 had become. infinity just rewraps the same bullsh*t add a fresh coat of paint and shoves it at you an callPeople who are rating this game 8+ must be playing a different game than me. No one was more anxious for this game than me. After a year of hype and trailers I was really waiting for this. I've been playing BF2 constantly for the past year. I stopped buying MW after the mess that MW2 had become. infinity just rewraps the same bullsh*t add a fresh coat of paint and shoves it at you an call it innovation. When BC2 came out it was like no other game. You could do and destroy anything!! You think you're gonna camp here for the whole game? WRONG, there's no wall behind you! Drive tanks, fly ATTACK helicopters, 4 wheelers, UAVs and turrents! You name it BC2 provided and then. BF3 was announced and we got word of all the wonders that would befall us in this game. And show the COD franchise how real developers and networks stand by their fanbase. I refer to all this is to emphasize how utterly disappointed I am in BF3. I realized from Beta that this is NOT the BF I knew and loved. This felt cheap. And EA chose the absolute worst map to allure players from COD as it was not displaying BF's to its truest. We all know of the annoying network outages and glitches that happened in the beta stage and EA assured us that what we were playing was not the final product so I shrugged it off. Now that the final game was released I hoped it would be the same as BF2, IT IS NOT. Those users saying the game play is the same WRONG. The game play is no where near as smooth as BF3 and that game could have been smoother. This game is a pretty mess. I will only be referring to Multilayer as Campaign got me so angry I had to take 2 xanax (I think I've made my point here).

From a simple thing as the inability to walk over a tiny object on the ground to the daunting task of getting out of a room, this game has become what I hoped it wouldn't... COD with vehicles. EA if you cant do something right, dont bother doing it at all. How is it that you can shoot a person square dead in the head emptying TWO clips one from you main and the secondary after switching to you side arm and your opponent will have enough time to stop. turn. shoot you once and you are dead.? EA can you PLEASE explain this cause I am stumped. I have had folks massacre me on 0%. 0%!!!!! I was killed by a ghost y'all!!!! Why can't I cook a grenade?? Why is player mute either you mute the entire squad or none so if I have a team member that is actually benefiting to the team and a kid screaming at his mommy I have to deal with all of that or mute them all? HOW do I end up in an entirely different class when a new game starts? WHY the **** does it take to goddamn long to get up from prone!!??? WHY all the theatrics to knife someone??!!! You have to ensure NO ONE is around you if you're knifing someone cause the length of time it takes to do that crap will get you shot! I have to wonder if EA just focused all their energy into just making the game look pretty and sounding fantastic and just left out the heart of the game. Cause that is what I got from the store. So thanks EA, thanks for ruining a great game! And replacing it with cheap, marketing MESS! Xoxo!
  69. Nov 5, 2011
    Before anything, let me say... BATTLELOG AND ORIGIN ARE HORRENDOUS!!! I cannot begin to explain how badly I wanted this game to be a blockbuster. How badly I wanted to play it through my Thanksgiving holiday. How badly I wanted to eat up every last bit of its great gameplay and graphics. But seriously, it was like a good looking Medal of Honor remake. I am talking some of the WORST AI andBefore anything, let me say... BATTLELOG AND ORIGIN ARE HORRENDOUS!!! I cannot begin to explain how badly I wanted this game to be a blockbuster. How badly I wanted to play it through my Thanksgiving holiday. How badly I wanted to eat up every last bit of its great gameplay and graphics. But seriously, it was like a good looking Medal of Honor remake. I am talking some of the WORST AI and gameplay in single player to date. If you hated Red River or Medal of Honor, you will equally hate the single player in this game. Just sad. Also, it is buggy, glitched, and very linear. I waited so long for this game, got it asap, and I would just as quickly return it if I could. It breaks my heart. Expand
  70. Nov 8, 2011
    Played this sorry excuse of a game for a while yesterday. The funny thing is I had yet to realize this was the exact same game I've been playing for two years. New multiplayer modes? Yeah, there are a bunch, none of them interesting tough. How about the singleplayer? Same washed up Michael Bay on steroids you would expect from a game nowadays. Where are the good old days where goodPlayed this sorry excuse of a game for a while yesterday. The funny thing is I had yet to realize this was the exact same game I've been playing for two years. New multiplayer modes? Yeah, there are a bunch, none of them interesting tough. How about the singleplayer? Same washed up Michael Bay on steroids you would expect from a game nowadays. Where are the good old days where good gameplay was defined by skill, and not the ridiculous amount of over the top killstreak rewards and perks someone can have? This game, no, this franchise is scarred and beyond repair... A waste of my money. Expand
  71. Nov 9, 2011
    Everyone is crazy about that bf3.Last time i played bfbc2...i didn't enjoyed a bit like i did in mw/mw2.But every single guy of this bf3 fans is trying to give mw3 a less score as possible.I "DAMN" care about graphics.It requires a high end PC to play easily.Yeah....multiplayer is good(although i didn't played mp mode).But i had to upgrade my gpu to play this game.Graphics isn't everythingEveryone is crazy about that bf3.Last time i played bfbc2...i didn't enjoyed a bit like i did in mw/mw2.But every single guy of this bf3 fans is trying to give mw3 a less score as possible.I "DAMN" care about graphics.It requires a high end PC to play easily.Yeah....multiplayer is good(although i didn't played mp mode).But i had to upgrade my gpu to play this game.Graphics isn't everything in a FPS game(or any kind of game).Few years ago everybody played commandos(although its a strategy game) and enjoyed it(Like i did)but it wasn't full of lighting or ANT tech....dah dah dah....so??It's true that everyone doesn't like run and gun.BUT....you have to remember that-----COD IS THE BEST......... Expand
  72. Nov 9, 2011
    They specifically made the game this way to benefit their own marketing and to hurt their customers. I will never buy a DICE or EA game ever again................
  73. Nov 9, 2011
    The only worthwhile part of the game is the multiplayer --- and even that isn't that fun. DICE abandoned their roots and took on a Call of Duty style.
  74. Nov 10, 2011
    Awful game. Not worth buying this pathetic excuse of a game. Save your money for a game that is actually worth playing. I could not get myself to play more than an hour of this game
  75. Nov 10, 2011
    All may be upsets with the fact that the single-player was not up to par with most campaigns in other games but Battlefield has and always will be a multiplayer I recommend this game to everyone, it's the best shooter of the year,graphics, beautiful enviroments, excellent and realistic sound effects. And a really superb, fun, action packed and strategy based gameplay with really goodAll may be upsets with the fact that the single-player was not up to par with most campaigns in other games but Battlefield has and always will be a multiplayer I recommend this game to everyone, it's the best shooter of the year,graphics, beautiful enviroments, excellent and realistic sound effects. And a really superb, fun, action packed and strategy based gameplay with really good single player and co-op modes and just an awesome multiplayer mode with so much freedom of choice and tons of unlockables.
    Grat game
  76. Nov 10, 2011
    As much fun and action packed as the smaller maps can be, trudging across a map the size of Nebraska, only to be picked off by a sniper, or shot by a seemingly INVINCIBLE helicopter just doesn't seem like an enjoyable multiplayer experience to me. Campaign = YAWN.
  77. Nov 10, 2011
    Well... They said it will be awesome, new and i expected for something more. Game is bugged and it annoys me most. Mouse problems, Graphic problems (i mean green screen, problems with some newest graphic cards) or Battlelog. Im dissatisfied.
  78. Nov 10, 2011
    O jogo é lento, a história é ruim, falta emoção e a inteligência artificial é fraca, de modo que o jogo é massivo e chato, os gráficos são bons, mas a jogabilidade é ruim.
  79. Jan 13, 2013
    One year+ after release, ZERO true bugs have been fixed. This is one "AAA" game that hasn't provided any true support. They only provide "balance adjustments" which means, they play with numbers on a .txt file for half an hour with their coffee. Since the release, the entire team moved onto BF4 and fast-made DLCs. As a result, many people paid over 100$ on average. DICE's PR guy said,One year+ after release, ZERO true bugs have been fixed. This is one "AAA" game that hasn't provided any true support. They only provide "balance adjustments" which means, they play with numbers on a .txt file for half an hour with their coffee. Since the release, the entire team moved onto BF4 and fast-made DLCs. As a result, many people paid over 100$ on average. DICE's PR guy said, "this is business" but he meant between DICE and investors. He mentioned nothing about the customers who don't receive any support, but they do receive an unpolished product. Haven't the gamers had enough already? This is how gamers lost the "right" for a properly released game, long time ago. Now, we're gonna lose the right even for after-sale support. They just release games with hundreds of bugs and glitches, and nothing is going on! I won't even mention about the horrible Single Player part of the game. Generally unacceptable and hence the negative rating. I'm trying to objective and wish the best for us, the gamers. I didn't pay for "premium" cause I thought, that way I'd support their model. Expand
  80. Nov 11, 2011
    I have not seen so epic failure at longer time. Dice promised to do something incredible, from which all the gamers of the world will barf a rainbow, but in fact we got a piece of crude, dull **** Where is the promised fantastic graphics, where's the interesting gameplay, where's the exciting singleplayer? We have nothing. But there is Battlelog - the most idiotic thing in the history ofI have not seen so epic failure at longer time. Dice promised to do something incredible, from which all the gamers of the world will barf a rainbow, but in fact we got a piece of crude, dull **** Where is the promised fantastic graphics, where's the interesting gameplay, where's the exciting singleplayer? We have nothing. But there is Battlelog - the most idiotic thing in the history of gaming. Dice need to focus on creating good games, not to insult competitors Expand
  81. Nov 11, 2011
    Very horrible game, origin puts viruses on your computer, and downloads your files.

Game is not as good as good as they said it was, the trailer and all the video are a lie, it's buggy, filled with cheaters and retarded admins.

Stay away.
  82. Nov 13, 2011
    EA sold out. Battlefield tries to emulate COD, instead of being its own game.Reeks of if you can't beat them, join them. Come back when you're going to make an original game dice, rather than emulating someone else.
  83. Nov 14, 2011
    Only 4/10, Why? Not good singleplayer. Stupid history, but amazing graphic, good soundtrack,good sound.
    I don't like BF's multiplayer, so i rate only singleplayer.
  84. Nov 14, 2011
    I do not understand why everybody thinking that game is nice, super, great itc. In my opinion this is medium game. I do not like bf3!!!!! Sound effects is so bad, but graphics is ok.
  85. Nov 14, 2011
    Graphics are intense, sounds are intense but sadly the game lost most of its defining characteristics as a Battlefield game due to marketing influence. Almost every major change that differentiates this game from its predecessor was made to cater to the console market as well as to those who prefer the more fast paced gaming that usually resides there (as in Call of Duty). AutoGraphics are intense, sounds are intense but sadly the game lost most of its defining characteristics as a Battlefield game due to marketing influence. Almost every major change that differentiates this game from its predecessor was made to cater to the console market as well as to those who prefer the more fast paced gaming that usually resides there (as in Call of Duty). Auto regenerative health on both soldiers and vehicles, small squads with no real tactical capabilities all lead to a game where everyone is a one man army and who rarely coordinates their actions with the rest of the team. This is even more hindered by the fact that there isn't the same voice chat functionality that existed in Battlefield 2, in fact the game has no voice chat support at all on the PC.

These glaring omissions of core teamwork related components has made a game that is far more like a sequel to Bad Company 2 (BC2), than Battlefield 2 (BF2). This is furthered by the inclusion of Rush mode a BC2 creation, smaller squad sizes (BF2 had 6 man squads, BC2 has 4 man squads) and auto-regenerative health (BC2 had this, BF2 did not).

Other changes seem to cater directly to the console crowd, the heavier grind to unlock weapon attachments by making each weapon unlock separately, auto-regenerative vehicle health, no time out on engineer repairs (in both BC2 and BF2 there was a limit with a small cool down prior to being able to repair again), points awarded for doing little to nothing at all.

The maps also are far more linear and restrictive than typical BF2 maps and the city environments some of the most restrictive with selective destruction and limited usable buildings.

All of this coupled with the Origin and Battlelog requirements makes this game far less appealing than it should be and sadly is one that I returned.
  86. Nov 15, 2011
    LOL!!!! EA bought critics and hired people for bad user's reviews for CoD MW3. BF3 has Bug on Bug, not finished and still raw, but it have so "Wonderful" reviews. It's so obviously, that EA just use black piar for their money makig machine, parasite on franchise.
  87. Nov 16, 2011
    Battlefied 3 - is a pathetic parody of Call Of Duty. The plot is identical to the campaign in Call Of Duty: Black Ops, special operations copied from Modern Warfare 2. The only plus is the multiplayer, but it's full of bugs and flaws. EA and Dice have to work and work.
  88. Nov 19, 2011
    Terribly superficial and overdone. This game focuses on looking good, very superficial. Graphics are nothing, having played MW3 the graphics may not be the best they can be (it doesnt matter) but the gameplay itself is smoother and MUCH more enjoyable. I dont play a video game for realism thats just plain stupid. Anyone who says BF3 is better cos its more realistic are seriously fools,Terribly superficial and overdone. This game focuses on looking good, very superficial. Graphics are nothing, having played MW3 the graphics may not be the best they can be (it doesnt matter) but the gameplay itself is smoother and MUCH more enjoyable. I dont play a video game for realism thats just plain stupid. Anyone who says BF3 is better cos its more realistic are seriously fools, neither game is realistic get a grip. Expand
  89. Nov 20, 2011
    I'm a big fan on Battlefield but both Bad Companys and this abomination are not worthy enough to wear the name Battlefield. Everyone who voted 10 have obviously never played real FPS games.
  90. Nov 21, 2011
    I enjoyed previous BF titles and was looking forward to getting my derriere kicked in this one too. However I do not pay £30+ for the privilege of EA giving me a digital cavity search. As long as spyware and ham-fisted installation procedures are compulsory with EA titles I'll take my business elsewhere.
  91. Nov 22, 2011
    I was really looking foward to this game, but it kinda disappointed me. It is an OK game but apart from the graphics, there wasn't very much that convinced me to keep playing.
  92. Nov 25, 2011
    This game is a waste of money! I even pre-orderd it because of the critics. Then when i play the game it turns out they sold me a piece of **** The lighting in this game is the worst ever created and known to mankind. The flashlights will blend you in daylight a freaking mile away. The guns feel all the same. They have the worst game-searching system. It took me half an hour just to find aThis game is a waste of money! I even pre-orderd it because of the critics. Then when i play the game it turns out they sold me a piece of **** The lighting in this game is the worst ever created and known to mankind. The flashlights will blend you in daylight a freaking mile away. The guns feel all the same. They have the worst game-searching system. It took me half an hour just to find a match. It lags all the time and the vehicles are too overpowered. Save your money and don't buy this crap. Expand
  93. Dec 13, 2011
    This game is pretty, and has good sound.
    when you are in a squad of your friends it can be really fun online.
    The problems is the games story mode is really subpar. When you are alone online the multiplayer feels cold and isolating. Other then everyone running around the world feels lifeless. It feels like you are in a cold computer render world, instead of feeling like you are in a
    This game is pretty, and has good sound.
    when you are in a squad of your friends it can be really fun online.
    The problems is the games story mode is really subpar.
    When you are alone online the multiplayer feels cold and isolating.
    Other then everyone running around the world feels lifeless.
    It feels like you are in a cold computer render world, instead of feeling like you are in a real world.
    The environments don't feel like places people ever functioned in.
    If you love online shooters, don't care about the story, and have a lot of friends online all the time to play with it can be great.
    But that is a HUGE "if"...
  94. Dec 23, 2011
    There are very few FPS games I hate. This is #1 of that 1 game list. I can't say that I don't love the concept, but when applied to the glitchy, craptastic software we're given, I'm left disappointed and severely disgusted. Campaign: I began by trying to set up my keys to how I usually bind them. I've always been able to bind mouse keys, until BF3. So now my knife attack is somewhereThere are very few FPS games I hate. This is #1 of that 1 game list. I can't say that I don't love the concept, but when applied to the glitchy, craptastic software we're given, I'm left disappointed and severely disgusted. Campaign: I began by trying to set up my keys to how I usually bind them. I've always been able to bind mouse keys, until BF3. So now my knife attack is somewhere else on the keyboard, leaving it useless in a melee situation. A bigger problem with the campaign was that I couldn't even play to the ending! For some reason, I have a glitch that kills me on the subway on the last level every time. I played that damn subway about 60 times before saying F-it, I give up. At which point I picked up the multiplayer, which is why I bought the game in the first place.

Multiplayer: Here's where I lost my shyte. First off, the graphics on a map this large are completely lacking. In fact, I felt the graphics brought me back to 2001 Ghost Recon type stuff. I wasn't happy, but figured it was due to the epic size of the map, so I overlooked it. Then the game play fail started. Let me begin by saying that I'm a good first person shooter on multiplayer. I'm usually a top 3 team player on whatever game I pick up. This game left me with a negative kill/death ratio all the time. I understand there's a learning curve, but the slower I go and stop from "runnin n gunnin" the more I got picked off. The vehicle controls plain out suck, so I stopped using them. Must take a crackhead to figure that crap out and it's totally counter intuitive. I pick up a sniper rifle, take aim, BANG, a bloody hit! But wait, the guy's still running, BANG BANG, two more hits! Wait, still running? WTF? 3 second later, I'm running to cut him off and take one sniper bullet and I'm dead. Really? REALLY???

Sorry, I will never buy another BF game. Origin can take the money and stuff it, I'm uninstalling and I'm giving the game and my account to someone I hate.
  95. Mar 20, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game bothers me so bad! I am one of the most die-hard fans of modern war games out there but this game was just a major disappointment... I think the lowest point is the part where you are forced to take part in an air assault that begins with a 15 minute uninterruptable cutscene where you are forced to perform mundane manuevers. This is then followed with a level that is unexciting and annoying at the same time. Really you mean I can't control the plane? Just fire flares when I'm shot at and try in vain to shoot other planes down even though I can't aim at them. Stupid! The ground combat is fun and I think the portion involving tanks is great, until they have you get out of the tank to do someone else's job. This is just dumb because in real life a tanker would not get out to blow up mines while the rest of the army stays safely behind him. I know this is supposed to be a heroic story but come on....

I know that the multiplayer is where this game is supposed to shine but it just doesn't do it for me. I am annoyed that they still use a health bar that doesn't regenerate. I understand the need to be different but that sure seems like an outdated way to do things. Especially for a top of the line game like Battlefield. There are not enough people out there with team spirit to allow me to believe that when I"m hurt a medic is going to come along and heal me. I played this game for like 3 days and don't think I was once healed by a medic when I was close to death. I found that it was just easier to run off and die and just try to respawn closer to the objective. Played the campaign once and played the online for like 3 days. Now the game is on a shelf collecting dust and it will stay there for a long long time.
  96. Sep 14, 2012
    Another bad game made by EA With useless support, The game is almost unplayable and even if you can get to play, the game soon crashes along with origin half the time, another useless idea by EA, Origin doesnt work, and their game doesnt work.. It's constantly crashing and bluescreening my system and a few of my other friends systems,
  97. Dec 17, 2012
    I preordered this game hoping to get teamwork. It felt balanced to me and I played this happily with my friends. Then DICE started patching this game and it has gotten worse ever since. They claim that they fix stuff that they dont fix. Sometimes Í fall from 2 meters and die, other times I can jump from the third story and survive. Then they did the complete overhaul making everyI preordered this game hoping to get teamwork. It felt balanced to me and I played this happily with my friends. Then DICE started patching this game and it has gotten worse ever since. They claim that they fix stuff that they dont fix. Sometimes Í fall from 2 meters and die, other times I can jump from the third story and survive. Then they did the complete overhaul making every weapon behave differently than I had gotten used to. The release of Premium made me quit playing all together after playing about 400 hours. DICE screwed me over by telling me it was developed for the PC first, even though it was not. It does not have ingame VOIP, no dedicated servers, and no moddability. Last I heard they where going to release a patch to remove the blue tint, but they canceled it. If the game would have been developed for the PC it would have been the best BF to date, and I would probably still play it. Expand
  98. Jan 31, 2013
    What"going casual" means: to refocus from enjoying the challenge and competition of a game to unlocking items and gaining [redundant] levels in the form of "ranks"; neither are tangible, but only one brings me back, again and again.

I don't even know why you'd change a game so, did they think it'd be capable of competing with Call of Duty? Terrible.
  99. Jun 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After being disgusted with Bad Company 2. I was very dissapointed with Battlefield 3 and the way the Battlefield franchise is going. Just so you fanboys can flag this and leave here's a summary:

+Good Graphics and Sounds
    +Co-op
    -Bad SP storyline
    -dull gameplay
    -Rent a Server
    -MP not staying true to the series
    -Overall Fanbase

Let me say that the graphics are at it's best, though I had a problem running it on high, I was still immensly satisfied with the looks of the game. But good graphics don't make or break a game. The single player campaign is a bland storyline where you play as a marine in custody in New York as your main character. The story is flashbacks of his recent career as a marine with every generic thing we've seen in a Modern Military FPS: Nukes and Russians. The story of blackburn is really taken from Call of Duty: Black Ops and every major moment in the game is inspired from a Call of Duty Game.

The Co-op was very enjoyable with a friend, though very short. Each mission requires much teamwork and strategy. You play through a series of 6 missions each requiring you do different things from different milliaries.

The multiplayer was very dissapointing, many glitches and hackers can be found. Teamkillers and trollers are often always present. And when they aren't, you can often be expected to be spawn-killed and quickscoped. The health system is terrible. If you stand 100m away, you can spray a full clip into your enemy and he will survive. If you stand 50m from your enemy, we will die with 2 bullets to the legs. Very unrealistic and just flat out bad hit detection. Though weapon balancing is okay, many players will hide in front of walls so their legs can be hidden in the walls, very easy to solve but DICE doesn't have any attention to solve it.

In conclusion, if you're a long time fan of the Battlefield Franchise, you will be very dissapointed with this game. DICE has made the game to attract casual audiences to attempt to make a "Call of Duty Killer" which is very dissapointing considering Battlefield was very good in it's own way before BC2.

It's all a matter of taste, after all. They each provide a certain type of entertainment – when talking about Battlefield 3, it involves a bigger game, more open in its possibilities and more spectacular. But on a longer timeline, less frantic and with fewer Bruce Willis scenes than the mass appeal beast it set itself to dethrone.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 20, 2012
    No, Battlefield 3 is not the best game of today. But good looking – definitely. It also has an absolutely addictive multiplayer. Who needs more? [Dec 2011]
  3. PC PowerPlay
    Dec 4, 2011
    Both a triumphant leap forward and a return to form for the Battlefield series. This is the best multiplayer shooter on PC. [Christmas 2011, p.58]