Battlefield 3 PC

7.5

1. Dec 5, 2011
    Firstly, single player. In one word: BORING. Lots of scenes, fluid movements, lots of talking but it doesn't want you to play any further. Been there, seen it.
    Next, multiplayer. Firstly, the main problem. Client-side hit register. If your enemy hits you on their screen, you die regardless of your actual position on your screen. This, basically, defeats the whole purpose of having dedicated servers - your ping doesn't matter, if they killed you a while ago but you only saw it now because of THEIR large ping, its your problem. Its the reason I stopped playing COD:MW2 (p2p multiplayer, client-side hit register), its the reason I didn't buy COD:MW3 (same p2p). Its the reason I'm trying to get a refund on BF3 now.
    Other things to mention about MP: huge but empty maps, multi-layered buildings that prevent you from seeing the outside (its too bright), tanks that are nearly indestructible to infantry (3 rockets to kill it in hardcore - you'll just die), planes that have no purpose other than fighting other planes (they can't capture points, can't deliver more than 1 player to a point).
    Hardcore is no longer hardcore. You don't get infinite health, but the minimap is ALWAYS on, minimap spotting lights you up as soon as you fire a gun, killcam (which reveals your position) is almost always shown, sniper scope glare makes it easy to find the sniper no matter how good their cover is. And best of all - the most powerful sniper rifle still doesn't kill with 1 bullet. Even assault rifle HEADSHOT won't kill them with 1 hit. What kind of hardcore mode is this?
    Class balance is simply awful. Medic gets it all: infinite health with medkit, 100 points per revive (same as a kill), grenade launcher (replaces medkit), assault rifles (!). Support now has only light machine guns and... ammo packs! And thats it! As a result support is now least popular class, in many cases there is no one to ask for ammo. Recon is same good old sniper, engineer is same good old rocket launcher guy.
    Weapon balancing is simple: the more you progress, the better the gun. Surely you can hit and even kill with anything, but F2000+IRNV = undefeated. Add ability to put a silenver and 3rd attachment to it and you'll know it simply defeats the purpose of tactical gameplay. You can just rambo it all. In BFBC2 we couldn't rambo 24/7 because best gun was in the hands of support and medkit was in the hands of medic, and you could only find cover when being shot at by a sniper - hard to tell where they were. But at least they didn't kill you with client-side hit register (you could run into cover and it did prevent you from being hit).
    I am amused at people who are able to play this game for 100s of hours. I'm trying to get a refund to buy something else.
  2. Dec 16, 2011
    DICE disappointed me with this new version of Battlefield full of bugs.
    DICE disappointed me with this new version of Battlefield full of bugs.
    It's just unbelievable... How can they sell a game with a huge number of bugs. I've updated my graphic card and sound card drivers. I've updated Battlefield but it still does not work after almost 1 month. Follow my advice : Don't by this game ... As far as I am concerned, my next action in the next hour will be to unsinstall this application.
  3. Nov 14, 2011
    Graphics are intense, sounds are intense but sadly the game lost most of its defining characteristics as a Battlefield game due to marketing influence. Almost every major change that differentiates this game from its predecessor was made to cater to the console market as well as to those who prefer the more fast paced gaming that usually resides there (as in Call of Duty). AutoGraphics are intense, sounds are intense but sadly the game lost most of its defining characteristics as a Battlefield game due to marketing influence. Almost every major change that differentiates this game from its predecessor was made to cater to the console market as well as to those who prefer the more fast paced gaming that usually resides there (as in Call of Duty). Auto regenerative health on both soldiers and vehicles, small squads with no real tactical capabilities all lead to a game where everyone is a one man army and who rarely coordinates their actions with the rest of the team. This is even more hindered by the fact that there isn't the same voice chat functionality that existed in Battlefield 2, in fact the game has no voice chat support at all on the PC.

These glaring omissions of core teamwork related components has made a game that is far more like a sequel to Bad Company 2 (BC2), than Battlefield 2 (BF2). This is furthered by the inclusion of Rush mode a BC2 creation, smaller squad sizes (BF2 had 6 man squads, BC2 has 4 man squads) and auto-regenerative health (BC2 had this, BF2 did not).

Other changes seem to cater directly to the console crowd, the heavier grind to unlock weapon attachments by making each weapon unlock separately, auto-regenerative vehicle health, no time out on engineer repairs (in both BC2 and BF2 there was a limit with a small cool down prior to being able to repair again), points awarded for doing little to nothing at all.

The maps also are far more linear and restrictive than typical BF2 maps and the city environments some of the most restrictive with selective destruction and limited usable buildings.

All of this coupled with the Origin and Battlelog requirements makes this game far less appealing than it should be and sadly is one that I returned.
  4. Oct 28, 2011
    multiplayer lacks skill and teamplay, russian announcer speaks english, and battlelog is a satan's gift. ....................................................................................................
  5. Oct 28, 2011
    I have been looking forward to this game for months, really excited as i am a big battlefield fan. Got the game this morning, took it home and then proceeded to spend nearly 3 hours trying to install it!!!!! I had heard Origin was a pile of steaming **** from countless other users but nothing prepared me for this. Cut a lony story short, i ended up downloading a crack which bypasses originI have been looking forward to this game for months, really excited as i am a big battlefield fan. Got the game this morning, took it home and then proceeded to spend nearly 3 hours trying to install it!!!!! I had heard Origin was a pile of steaming **** from countless other users but nothing prepared me for this. Cut a lony story short, i ended up downloading a crack which bypasses origin and battlelog compleatly. Only problem with that is i cant frickin go online, only single player is availible.
    Single player is a total joke to, my rig runs 2 GTX570s graphics cards in SLI (with new Nvidia driver) but the graphics are frickin awful, what is with that water droplet/dirt effect on screen during game play?? Another bug bear i have as well is the poor gamepad support, i have by PC rigged upto my 55" TV so i use a wireless 360 controller, now the game recognises that i have the controller attached and lets me play with it in game, however there are some parts in the game which i have to press a certain button at certain time, only problem is these buttons arent on the gamepad but rather on the mouse or keyboard!! What is the point of that?? After speninding 15 mins remapping the keys, i carry on playing the game only to be prompted with a instruction to press Z to go into the prone postion, having gone into prone by pressing a remapped button on the gamepad the message stayes on screen, during this time i am unable to pick up a RPG to blow up the hotel in the first level, only when i press Z on the keyboard am i allowed to pick up the RPG!!! Sloppy Dice sloppy. i am giving this game a low score purely because of origin and a very poor single player plus the points mentioned above. I refuse to have origin on my PC and am sure i will miss other EA games because of it, there loss not mine. If the game ever makes it's way to Steam i will be happy to reload it and give multiplayer a go. Rockstar tried a similar thing with GTA5 and Social Club and we all know how that eneded. For now the game has been uninstalled and will be heading back to the store for a refund. Cmon EA i love some of your stuff, but for the love of god, get rid of the mandatory use of origin and battlelog please!!!!
  6. Nov 2, 2011
    Rush maps make bad conquest maps and conquest maps make bad rush maps, sums the game up. There are no real stand out great maps, and the maps designed for other game mods are down right horrible. The destruction and general atmosphere of combat feel like a downgrade from BC2, with bullets to shells not penetrating obstacles that should be trivial and the lighting is just down right ugly.Rush maps make bad conquest maps and conquest maps make bad rush maps, sums the game up. There are no real stand out great maps, and the maps designed for other game mods are down right horrible. The destruction and general atmosphere of combat feel like a downgrade from BC2, with bullets to shells not penetrating obstacles that should be trivial and the lighting is just down right ugly. Infantry combat is well done, vehicles and aircraft are an embarrassment to Dice. All in all a waste of £40. Expand
  7. Nov 1, 2011
    This game is great...when multilayer works. The origin launcher is dumb and web interface is even worse. When I join games it works only about half the time, sometimes i get a illegal operation or it just freezes. They have turned this game into a console first pc second title which is messed up because it started on PC.
  8. Nov 11, 2011
    Very horrible game, origin puts viruses on your computer, and downloads your files.

Game is not as good as good as they said it was, the trailer and all the video are a lie, it's buggy, filled with cheaters and retarded admins.

Stay away.
  9. Nov 12, 2011
    Installing and running EAs very own spyware, Origin, is compulsory in order to play. Origin scans your personal data, including documents and tax returns. According to the EULA, EA can use this data however they want, including selling it to other companies. This is unlawful, outrageous, absolutely, totally unacceptable!! Also, the game isn't that great, either.
  10. Oct 31, 2011
    The game itself may be a 9 when it is patched, to run on GeForce 8/9/200-Series without jerky mouse jitter stutter problem and corrupted shadows and without crashing after a few minutes. But Origin is a absolute no-go, because it searches your whole hard drives and collect and sends personal information. It e.g. even scans directories of tax or bookkeeping software. It is plain and simpleThe game itself may be a 9 when it is patched, to run on GeForce 8/9/200-Series without jerky mouse jitter stutter problem and corrupted shadows and without crashing after a few minutes. But Origin is a absolute no-go, because it searches your whole hard drives and collect and sends personal information. It e.g. even scans directories of tax or bookkeeping software. It is plain and simple spyware, which is violating most western countries laws, e.g. consumer and data safety laws in Germany. If you don't mind about privacy and your personal data at all or using a second PC solely for gaming, where no personal data is stored, you may still buy and install Origin to play it. Expand
  11. Oct 30, 2011
    Pretty much disappointed in all the nonsense of tossing silly medikits around, sniper scope glares and brighter-than-sun flashlights. Also, the game is ugly. It's hiding it all behind a mass of light effects and bloom and hdr. Gameplay is nothing to write home about - it's BFBC2.5. Single player sucked balls, that's enough said.
  12. Oct 28, 2011
    Preorderd this game expecting to play a few days after shipped from release on the 25th. Unbeknownst to me, Pacific region customers are restricted from the game until November 2nd. This in itself was bad. What made it worse was when querying EA's customer service via live chat, the first agent more than once ignored questions I posed and instead kept saying "May I help you" (this wasPreorderd this game expecting to play a few days after shipped from release on the 25th. Unbeknownst to me, Pacific region customers are restricted from the game until November 2nd. This in itself was bad. What made it worse was when querying EA's customer service via live chat, the first agent more than once ignored questions I posed and instead kept saying "May I help you" (this was after a 40 min wait to speak to them and 5-10 min wait between each response that was written to them which dragged out the conversation.) When I asked the last to answer the question I posed, they actually hung up on me and I spent another 40 minutes waiting to talk to another agent who took over an hour and a half (due to the 5 to 10 minute delays in their responses) to eventually escalate a complaint to a supervisor.... who wouldnt be addressing the issues until next week(28th of October was the date of the conversation). Completely have no interest in the game now because of this experience and wish I'd never bothered with it. Expand
  13. Oct 30, 2011
    Great game! BUT Origin is the worst thing that ever happened to pc gaming! Dont need an ingame backdoor!
    STOP scanning our privacy!
    JUST let us play!

check this:

theorigin.de
  14. Nov 1, 2011
    You know you have a winner of a game when the single player version is so heavily scripted it's unforgiving to the point of insanity and your multiplayer aspect has the tactical flashlight as being the best item ever (as it blinds everyone even in broad daylight). Some of the maps are horribly designed and not balanced for team play. Advancement is the epitome of carrot dangling to theYou know you have a winner of a game when the single player version is so heavily scripted it's unforgiving to the point of insanity and your multiplayer aspect has the tactical flashlight as being the best item ever (as it blinds everyone even in broad daylight). Some of the maps are horribly designed and not balanced for team play. Advancement is the epitome of carrot dangling to the extreme. Sure, it makes you feel great when you get a ribbon, but this is nothing more than a grind to keep players coming back for more of the same garbage served on EA's Origin (which has issues as well). The game looks fantastic and sounds equally fantastic, but core game design and levels are not well thought out and only exist to keep you grinding away. Expand
  15. Nov 3, 2011
    Those who see this "0" score may wonder why I'm starting with what, I think, are good - or great - features of the game, so let me start:
    -no more jumping in order to overcome, say, a 2" step on a ladder (or level difference in terrain, for that matter). Now really, does anybody jump 3 steps in order to climb one? In all other games of this franchise, it's a constant annoyance. Not this time, though;
    -sound. Realistic. Awesome. Not one negative comment on this one.
    -now, something that may be controversial: the flashlight. Either love or hate it, I consider it something more realistic than before, and even though there were means to do it, it was not built-in;
    -physics/destruction: maybe I should address them separately, but, from what I saw, it looks like physics come from destruction in this game, not the other way around. And don't tell me they are two completely separated things, or it'll get worse! I'll stress the good one: destruction. It's good. I really appreciated it. But when it comes to physics, things are somewhat odd (ask those "jet pilot" players...), to say the least.

And that's all the good things I have to say about BF3 (or should I call it BC3?). Battlelog? Everyone I know is complaining about it. Lack of VoIP? Same. Where are the big ships DICE has promised? Naval battle? I had hopes that this wasn't a bad joke, but it is; a dirty one. Commander? No longer. -member squads? Only if n=4. Commo rose or F1-F8? No option: the worst commo rose I've ever seen (not that I haven't complained about it in BF2; it was bad enough already, but they managed to make it even worse). Graphics? Really, it's a mixture of great vehicle and soldiers textures, with mediocre (or less) terrain graphics. I was wondering if "ultra" meant "ultra-LOW" instead of "ultra-HIGH" graphics quality; to be fair, it's better than DN Forever, and comparable to ET:QW. What about towing vehicles (or vehicles towing objects)? Oh, you don't know what I'm talking about? Sorry if you haven't played BFV, then (and really, I feel really sorry on this one, since you probably can't buy BFV in stores now). Chat screen filling 1/3 of it? C'mon, DICE, you can do better than that! In-game server browser? No more. More unlocks than classes? Then what's the point on classes anyway!!?? And what about that **** of "play it the way you want"? The way I want is more like this: MOD tools, so I can put ideas into practice without having to convince DICE's CEO to allocate a fair amount of time and $ of their team to do it for me (for us). Instead of MODs, which extend the game's life cycle, one will gonna have to put up with DLCs, which divide the community (into those who have and those who don't) once for each DLC. The way I want to play is without Origin, launching the game like any other I've ever installed, not via web browser.
    I'm not done, but I don't want to extend myself much (more than I have already) on this one.
    Clearly, the bad side of it by far out-passes the good one.
  16. Nov 11, 2011
    Bad copypaste from CoD in single player and from BF:BC2 in mulitplayer. But single sooo boooring... So many bugs, stupid Origin, but much much PR. Not true.
  17. Oct 30, 2011
    Great game for multiplayer (as expected) but Orign is awfull : you need to start the game from a browser, the interface is slow, ugly and if you don't have a 1080P screen you7 have to scroll to launch the game. Origin is heavier than steam, without game, without content and promotion, ... What's the point of doing another steam if there is nothing better in Origin...
  18. Oct 30, 2011
    The first thing this game is doing well, it's the multiplayers mode. No doubt about that, that's an incredible experience, a satisfying one, especially in a squad with well known friends! And the good part of the review ends here. The rest of the game is a big letdown compared to Bad Company 2... EA is here to make money, offering a game that improve nothing, as they do with the sportsThe first thing this game is doing well, it's the multiplayers mode. No doubt about that, that's an incredible experience, a satisfying one, especially in a squad with well known friends! And the good part of the review ends here. The rest of the game is a big letdown compared to Bad Company 2... EA is here to make money, offering a game that improve nothing, as they do with the sports franchises. The campaign is a non inspired copy of COD Black Ops, with bad writing and bad acting. As fas as I'm concerned, the Vietnam expansion of the second game on the row was the pinnacle of the BF experience. Don't lose money and time on Battlefield 3, persist with BC2 and/or wait for MW3. BC3 is a frustrating experience. Expand
  19. Nov 2, 2011
    As somebody who played BF1942 for 3 years, then BF2, then BFBC1 and 2, BF3 seems like a step in the reverse direction. The pace seems slow which is unlike a Battlefield game, and besides the pretty graphics BF3 actually seems like it has worse gameplay than BF2. Definitely not what I've been waiting years for. And to think that DICE scrapped subsequent DLCs for BFBC2 to work on BF3.As somebody who played BF1942 for 3 years, then BF2, then BFBC1 and 2, BF3 seems like a step in the reverse direction. The pace seems slow which is unlike a Battlefield game, and besides the pretty graphics BF3 actually seems like it has worse gameplay than BF2. Definitely not what I've been waiting years for. And to think that DICE scrapped subsequent DLCs for BFBC2 to work on BF3. It's a pity, it could have been a great game. That coupled with EA's crappy connectivity client, which makes using Gamespy in the old days a joy compared to what they've presented for 2011, makes the experience very disappointing.

I guess I'll move to other games and check back in a month or two to see if they've managed to fix the experience at all.
  20. Nov 2, 2011
    I sold my copy after 15 hours of MP.Repetative,dull,boring and full of glitches.Plus all the other negative comments already posted.Whats the point of massive nice looking enviroments if you cant use them,oh yea corprate eye candy.God forbid players should do anything else except die,respawn,kill,fuse/defuse bombs by pressing a button over and over just to get weapons and upgrades.
  21. Nov 3, 2011
    Nothing New in the West!

1. Origin: general business terms what, a cheek! Do I have to pay for this or do they have to pay me for selling them all my informations. The software "origin" itself not very comfortable, just one more source of trouble. All in all useless. 2. Battlelog: Second source of trouble because it's runs in a browser! Why? The Voice Channel, the multiplayerlounge,
    Nothing New in the West!

All in all useless.

2. Battlelog: Second source of trouble because it's runs in a browser! Why?
    The Voice Channel, the multiplayerlounge, everything, the whole communication design, everything is very confusing and buggy.

3. Battlefield 3:
    The graphics are very elaborated and textures are realistic, (except the many bug which I hope will be fixed soon) sometimes the effort to be as most realistic as possible ruins the gameplay, like the flashlight and all the laserpointers, just annoying.
    All in all the graphics in Bad Company 2 appeared more realistic to me.
    Character Design is just stupid, e.g. russian soldiers with giant watches and why do the engineers wear gas masks all the time??? Please don't try to be realistic at all cost.

Gameplay:
    Nearly all of the new inventions in the gameplay are reinventions of older battlefield versions like: weapon fire mode, lying on the groung, jets, or things that I could even remember since "Wolfenstein Enemy Territory" (even there it was possible to time your grenade). Frostbite promissed that it's possible to destroy nearly everything, I dreamed of having bomb crates, but sometimes it's hard to just cut down a tree with a tank or roll over a guardrail. The whole point system is just made for all those addicts, it disadvantages those who don't want to spent all there private life playing FPS and as I think it's another loss for a balanced gameplay, it doesn't provide ability in first place but attendance. Tactics or teamplay are not really necessary if you have the beter weapon. Go on an trie to get a high rank, next year there will be a new game and there you start at zero. It's just to keep you gaming and gaming even though the basic gameplay is nothing special. Let me call it just swagger like the whole mock battlelog wolf in sheep's clothing facebook. Sorry.
    Maps are confusing, maybe I'm not used to it or it's snipers wonderland. And as far as I can see, good night modding, looks like this is the end of all Battlefield Mods.

ASO ASO

Sorry I've had more fun playing BC2 or BF2, my critic would have been better if there had been some real new inventions except better graphics.
  22. Nov 3, 2011
    Origin and BattleLog ruin any possibility of a positive experience. The server browser returns expired server status and data; connecting to servers and staying connected is an exercise in futility. Once connected, you're still not out of the clear as you have an extremely high probability of being kicked. The single player campaign is pathetic. Quick time events to kill rats and openOrigin and BattleLog ruin any possibility of a positive experience. The server browser returns expired server status and data; connecting to servers and staying connected is an exercise in futility. Once connected, you're still not out of the clear as you have an extremely high probability of being kicked. The single player campaign is pathetic. Quick time events to kill rats and open doors is not exciting. Do yourself a favor and avoid this game. Expand
  23. Nov 5, 2011
    Before anything, let me say... BATTLELOG AND ORIGIN ARE HORRENDOUS!!! I cannot begin to explain how badly I wanted this game to be a blockbuster. How badly I wanted to play it through my Thanksgiving holiday. How badly I wanted to eat up every last bit of its great gameplay and graphics. But seriously, it was like a good looking Medal of Honor remake. I am talking some of the WORST AI andBefore anything, let me say... BATTLELOG AND ORIGIN ARE HORRENDOUS!!! I cannot begin to explain how badly I wanted this game to be a blockbuster. How badly I wanted to play it through my Thanksgiving holiday. How badly I wanted to eat up every last bit of its great gameplay and graphics. But seriously, it was like a good looking Medal of Honor remake. I am talking some of the WORST AI and gameplay in single player to date. If you hated Red River or Medal of Honor, you will equally hate the single player in this game. Just sad. Also, it is buggy, glitched, and very linear. I waited so long for this game, got it asap, and I would just as quickly return it if I could. It breaks my heart. Expand
  24. Nov 11, 2011
    I have not seen so epic failure at longer time. Dice promised to do something incredible, from which all the gamers of the world will barf a rainbow, but in fact we got a piece of crude, dull **** Where is the promised fantastic graphics, where's the interesting gameplay, where's the exciting singleplayer? We have nothing. But there is Battlelog - the most idiotic thing in the history ofI have not seen so epic failure at longer time. Dice promised to do something incredible, from which all the gamers of the world will barf a rainbow, but in fact we got a piece of crude, dull **** Where is the promised fantastic graphics, where's the interesting gameplay, where's the exciting singleplayer? We have nothing. But there is Battlelog - the most idiotic thing in the history of gaming. Dice need to focus on creating good games, not to insult competitors Expand
  25. Nov 11, 2011
    Despite playing on a PC that exceeds all requirements (I7 920, 8GB, 6870x2 2GB) I've had two weeks of stuttering graphics that rendered it unplayable. Solved that by manually configuring a pagefile and was able to play for enough time to be disapointed that there is less game here than BF2. Maps are smaller and less interesting, there are bugs everywhere. No VOIP, no ping informationDespite playing on a PC that exceeds all requirements (I7 920, 8GB, 6870x2 2GB) I've had two weeks of stuttering graphics that rendered it unplayable. Solved that by manually configuring a pagefile and was able to play for enough time to be disapointed that there is less game here than BF2. Maps are smaller and less interesting, there are bugs everywhere. No VOIP, no ping information available in game, no commander. cluttered screen, sniper shotguns! List goes on. Periodically its impossible to join a game due to "you have been disconnected from ea online". Strangely the beta ran fine for me... Overall its not even close to release quality. Last purchase I make from EA/Dice Expand
  26. Nov 11, 2011
    The best Battlefield game in the history is Battlefield 2, ever. Battlefield 3 is not a good sequel to Battlefield 2 because the Dice team worked hard and made a beautiful game, but they forgot the meaning of the words "improve" and "Battlefield 2". Battlefield 3 should be the modernized and direct evolution version of Battlefield 2 and not a completely new and so different game. PeopleThe best Battlefield game in the history is Battlefield 2, ever. Battlefield 3 is not a good sequel to Battlefield 2 because the Dice team worked hard and made a beautiful game, but they forgot the meaning of the words "improve" and "Battlefield 2". Battlefield 3 should be the modernized and direct evolution version of Battlefield 2 and not a completely new and so different game. People are playing Battlefield 3 and saying that is the best game in the series but this is a lie. Wait a few months to see a change of opinion, when the fever of Battlefield 3 has passed and those same people will stop comparing Modern Warfare 3 with Battlefield 3. No Battlefield game will have the same experience of Modern Warfare and vice versa. These two franchises are completely different and for those who have not noticed, Battlefield 2 is a War Simulator, more realistic and complete than any other war game. As we would say, a Gran Turismo of shooter games. Battlefield 3 is good, fast, modern, has an updated arsenal, great looking BUT.. you will play it for hours and you will not have that "Battlefield 2 feel" . In other words, you will not feel that has found your place in the battle. And that you are part of a team and an Army. These things, my friend, make Battlefield 2 better than any other FPS game outhere! I personally expected more of Battlefield 3 and I not believed when I saw this game was not a sequence. No commander, terrible aircrafts, bad spot and squad features AND the huge hole in BF3: the Battlelog Server Browser, most uncomfortable feature I have ever seen for years! DICE have so much time to create the sequel to Battlefield 2 and the help of Frostbyte Engine of Bad Company 2 and yet, they release a game full of errors, because even change the configuration of the mouse or joystick in the game can be a problem! You press a button on the mouse and nothing happens! I really sorry, I am a Battlefield 2 core fan, and in my point of view, this game stinks! This game is not worthy of fame and big sales he is having. Wake up people!! Buy Battlefield 2, buy Modern Warfare 3, buy Crysis 2, but don't buy **** because it will stinks later! Expand
  27. Nov 4, 2011
    People who are rating this game 8+ must be playing a different game than me. No one was more anxious for this game than me. After a year of hype and trailers I was really waiting for this. I've been playing BF2 constantly for the past year. I stopped buying MW after the mess that MW2 had become. infinity just rewraps the same bullsh*t add a fresh coat of paint and shoves it at you an callPeople who are rating this game 8+ must be playing a different game than me. No one was more anxious for this game than me. After a year of hype and trailers I was really waiting for this. I've been playing BF2 constantly for the past year. I stopped buying MW after the mess that MW2 had become. infinity just rewraps the same bullsh*t add a fresh coat of paint and shoves it at you an call it innovation. When BC2 came out it was like no other game. You could do and destroy anything!! You think you're gonna camp here for the whole game? WRONG, there's no wall behind you! Drive tanks, fly ATTACK helicopters, 4 wheelers, UAVs and turrents! You name it BC2 provided and then. BF3 was announced and we got word of all the wonders that would befall us in this game. And show the COD franchise how real developers and networks stand by their fanbase. I refer to all this is to emphasize how utterly disappointed I am in BF3. I realized from Beta that this is NOT the BF I knew and loved. This felt cheap. And EA chose the absolute worst map to allure players from COD as it was not displaying BF's to its truest. We all know of the annoying network outages and glitches that happened in the beta stage and EA assured us that what we were playing was not the final product so I shrugged it off. Now that the final game was released I hoped it would be the same as BF2, IT IS NOT. Those users saying the game play is the same WRONG. The game play is no where near as smooth as BF3 and that game could have been smoother. This game is a pretty mess. I will only be referring to Multilayer as Campaign got me so angry I had to take 2 xanax (I think I've made my point here).

From a simple thing as the inability to walk over a tiny object on the ground to the daunting task of getting out of a room, this game has become what I hoped it wouldn't... COD with vehicles. EA if you cant do something right, dont bother doing it at all. How is it that you can shoot a person square dead in the head emptying TWO clips one from you main and the secondary after switching to you side arm and your opponent will have enough time to stop. turn. shoot you once and you are dead.? EA can you PLEASE explain this cause I am stumped. I have had folks massacre me on 0%. 0%!!!!! I was killed by a ghost y'all!!!! Why can't I cook a grenade?? Why is player mute either you mute the entire squad or none so if I have a team member that is actually benefiting to the team and a kid screaming at his mommy I have to deal with all of that or mute them all? HOW do I end up in an entirely different class when a new game starts? WHY the **** does it take to goddamn long to get up from prone!!??? WHY all the theatrics to knife someone??!!! You have to ensure NO ONE is around you if you're knifing someone cause the length of time it takes to do that crap will get you shot! I have to wonder if EA just focused all their energy into just making the game look pretty and sounding fantastic and just left out the heart of the game. Cause that is what I got from the store. So thanks EA, thanks for ruining a great game! And replacing it with cheap, marketing MESS! Xoxo!
  28. Nov 6, 2011
    Graphic is astonishing despite moderate system requirement. All other aspects of SP are plain, boring and inexcusably worthless. MP at a first glance is good, but not excellent.
  29. Nov 17, 2011
    Worst ever Battlefield game. I love BF2 and still play it, occasionally BFBC2 as well. Since this game was named "BF3", I expected improved gameplay with new features BFBC2 has presented. But this happened to be BFBC3, not BF3. Except for that, the game itself isn't bad. Maybe it was just my expectations of the Battlefield (not Bad Company) franchise.

EA should learn how to name their

EA should learn how to name their games before releasing them.
  30. Nov 10, 2011
    O jogo é lento, a história é ruim, falta emoção e a inteligência artificial é fraca, de modo que o jogo é massivo e chato, os gráficos são bons, mas a jogabilidade é ruim.

It's all a matter of taste, after all. They each provide a certain type of entertainment – when talking about Battlefield 3, it involves a bigger game, more open in its possibilities and more spectacular. But on a longer timeline, less frantic and with fewer Bruce Willis scenes than the mass appeal beast it set itself to dethrone.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 20, 2012
    No, Battlefield 3 is not the best game of today. But good looking – definitely. It also has an absolutely addictive multiplayer. Who needs more? [Dec 2011]
  3. PC PowerPlay
    Dec 4, 2011
    Both a triumphant leap forward and a return to form for the Battlefield series. This is the best multiplayer shooter on PC. [Christmas 2011, p.58]