7.4

1. Oct 15, 2014
    This game has great graphics and the gameplay is awesome. I'm Colonel level 100 so I've been around the game awhile. In the beginning the game was amazing, and since BF4 has came out, the support for BF3 has gone to crap. I rarely play anymore because I ran into at least 2-3 cheaters a day while playing online.

The campaign is very short, so online is the only option to keep this game
    from being very boring. Also they're not as many servers as they once had, so your choices aren't limited per say, but not as wide as before.

With all that being said, I would highly recommend anybody who loves FPS to play this game as it's worth it. I would of given it a score of 10, but I docked 1 point for the lack of support the game has now since BF4, and I docked another point because one problem this series has always had is the developers never leave the game alone and I mean they're always tampering with it. So with all the updates comes issues right after another, they never let the game be.
  2. Oct 14, 2014
    One of the best games of the franchise. Great maps, vehicles and weapon balance, it's really a tough decision which weapon to use because all are good. There are good maps for every game mode. The vehicles are fun and not annoying. But unfortunately there are some netcode problem but they aren't too much of an issue. Also the game isn't very "reliable" which means you can get problems with the game crashing or always getting kicked by punkbuster. But there are solutions for that and the game itself is amazing. Expand
  3. Sep 23, 2014
    This game is horrible on PC and full of stupid bugs that do not make any kind of sense. I have never been so frustrated on any single player campaign on my life. I also have the game on my Xbox 360 and guess what, there are no bugs and even if the graphics are not so good on Xbox the playability and everything else works better console. I have heard a lot from PC gamers so I decided to test the game also on PC and what do I get?

Here is small list why this game sucks on PC; Glitches that prevent you from opening door or some NPC can’t boost you over a wall because next waypoint does not trigger for some reason. NPCs can and will go through objects and leave you in locked room with no way out so you need to reset to last checkpoint in order to get out of the room. Enemy NPCs have sometimes aimbot directed only to you and none of them are shooting at other NPCs. Even the game interface sucks because you need to have a certain web browser installed that you can install a plugin to it so you can access EA website and you will have to create account or use your old one even to play single player. This kind of DRM is why I hate EA.

At least on Xbox version you have a main menu and you can play single player without any kind of delays and stupid browser add-ons. Also on Xbox the multiplayer accessibility is much easier. This leaves me to wonder why PC players get second rate product compared to console players.

There are only two things that PC version has that Xbox version lacks. Better graphics and ability to use keyboard and mouse that’s all.
  4. Sep 20, 2014
    Mixed feelings about this game. On one hand I was expecting more, it was supposed to be the "true BF2 successor", but it wasn't. On the other hand it's a game which gave me thousands of hours of entertainment, because it was pure fun. Different people will have different opinions about it, especially because it tries to gather different type of players, so it's very difficult to give a "balanced" review. It's a fun game once you start understanding the mechanics but don't expect it to be a "true successor". The only thing most people agree with is that the campaign was very bad. I really enjoyed it but at the same time it left me with a bad taste about games in general Expand
  5. Sep 9, 2014
    Singleplayer was just thrown in there because it would be rude to make this a multiplayer only game. I'd say the MP balancing isnt that bad. I need 10 more letters to 150, so.
  6. Sep 5, 2014
    excellent game, am not usually found of 1st person shooter games, but really loved this game... story,game-play,graphics are all awesome..... single player campaign is great..... one of teh best game i ever played
  7. Aug 16, 2014
    I cannot seem to recall a worse single player experience, ever.
    It's a claustrophobic experience where you are denied any choices of your own. The entire game is like an cinematic scripted event.
    If you even at all think for yourself, you're punished. You're not allowed to explore the map, if you kill enemies in any other order than the script wanted you to, they'll respawn. If you try
    clearing a mission differently or walk ahead for the same destination, it won't work.

This review does not include any opinions on multiplayer. But I'm guessing the game would have been better off as multiplayer only.
  8. Aug 14, 2014
    Even though it is a classical shooter game, i liked it a lot. I liked enemy's AI and it was as hard as i want. Graphics are still awesome, the story line is really good(i loved the ending) even if it is completely linear you know from the start that this is this kind of game. EA is master of making action titles like BF3, i am not yet on BF 4 but i am planning on the near future and i am waiting like crazy for the Mirror's Edge 2.

What i "hate" about EA right now is the origin setup. I really dislike the thing that when i want to play a game i have to start it from Origin first, then go to the link in the internet browser and from there push the play button and after this the game will start. Come on you made the easiest thing in the world to be the most difficult, you are EA find a solution for this system it is disfunctional non-iser friendly at all.

For this reason i am giving a 6 out of 10, with the hope someday EA will decide to fix the "start problem"
  9. Aug 11, 2014
    Battlefield 3 is a strong action game. More realistic. And it does have the best sound I've ever heard so far. The Single player is great. As well as the multiplayer, But I still prefer Call of Duty.
  10. Jul 28, 2014
    Playing the latest entry into the Battlefield series (Battlefield4) i was unhappy due to Electronic Arts early release so i went back to BF3 and probably played for at least five hours because throughout the entire time of my playing BF3 the thought of how a true game is made kept on running through my head. I guess this is a rant more than a review but battlefield4 is so far the worst battlefield on current generation consoles due to many game breaking glitches and bugs when i unlock a new gun and are forced to use the horrendous iron sights the sights have a iron block in between the sight lines which takes many rounds to disappear. I also experience something i call the purple glitch which just turns my map into a flash purple mess its like being on the inside of a purple disco ball. If only EA was like they used to be. In my book Battlefield3 is the best game EA might possibly release because Hardline looks like it is going to have a hard time being sold. Expand
  11. Jul 26, 2014
    Last Played: July 2014
    PROS: + Not too hard, your standard shooter bloody goodness
    CONS: - Really stupid AI teammates hinder more often than help - Additional software required for online play (punkbuster)

REVIEW: Note that this is only a review of the single player campaign, since you have to allow EA to spy on you to play online. Well, I'll be honest right from the start in saying
    that shooters aren't my favorite genre. That being said, sometimes there is no substitute for gunning down really stupid AI in a relatively easy game-which is what this is. No health bar, lots of ammo and extremely stupid AI who will run across killing fields because they don't want to sit still for more than 5sec. Still, if you stand out in the open it won't take much to kill you on Normal mode - though running and gunning with a shotgun is surprisingly effective when you consider how important cover is otherwise.

Cons include extremely frustrating moments when a scripted AI teammate shoves you into heavy fire to get to their pre-recorded post-I wanted to shoot those idiots more than once-especially since their only function seems to be to draw enemy fire-they will engage enemies nearly indefinitely without killing them unless you do so yourself. Furthermore, in order to play online you have to give EA explicit permission to access your computer via their "punkbuster" software. This is supposed to prevent cheating, which is a noble goal, but it's as invasive as a full rectal exam just to go to the public pool-yeah it will help prevent disease, but you wouldn't see me lining up to have somebody stick their arm up in my business just so I can splash around with the dorky preteens.

Sometimes EA offers the game free to hook you into buying the DLC. I'd say it's worth $0, but if you can't get it for this, pass.
  12. Jul 11, 2014
    Note: this review judges the current state of the game and not when it was launched.
    In light of the newer Battlefield title, Battlefield Hardline I decided to write my review of Battlefield 3.
    As many of you already know Battlefield is all about the multiplayer,so I will give very little attention to the short and linear 4 hour long campaign with zero memorable characters and a cliche
    find the nuke plot.
    Even the co-op mode that is definitely better than the campaign lacks the mission variety and the replay value to even bother playing it. With all that said lets move the mutiplayer game that is the real reason why people buy this game. I should mention though as a side note that to all the people that claim that Battlefield 3 is a realistic shooter are deeply wrong. Battlefield is as much realistic as COD or any other block buster FPS game. Battlefield has a great variety of maps that you can play. From the huge open fields of the Armored Kill expansion to the tiny maps of the Close Quarters expansion. Battlefield is a game that heavily depends on the quality of the maps and that explains why the Battlefield franchise in general has one of the best maps in the gaming world. Although while Battlefield 3 has many good and fresh maps many are very poorly designed. I can say from personal experience that the last 2 expansions of Battlefield 3 brought to us one of the worst maps in the Battlefield history. From the clunky Aftermath expansion maps to the boring End Game expansion maps that have no spawn defense in capture the flag mode that can lead to many game breaking situations. For example I remember once that an enemy tanked drove behind our base to spawn kill everyone. The poor protection of the bases that the terrain offers made it impossible for us to dodge or even attempt to react to the tank threat. We ended up loosing heavily. Battlefield is a game that is heavily depended on team work. When you have a good team you will have a blast playing. The 4 classes in Battlefield 3 allow the team to support each other and play as a team. The medic heals and revives, the support gives ammo, the engineer fixes friendly and the recon can be the eyes of your team. Unfortunately in most games people play just for the sake of playing, ignoring the match objectives and just rushing towards the closest enemy. And that's why you end up a lot playing as a solo player. Battlefield's 3 most famous game mode is conquest that can perfectly suits the multiplayer maps. Battlefield 3 has also rush mode that is basically protect the objective type of game. The defender team protects 2 objective while the attack team tries to destroy, if they succeed you retreat to the next position. This continues until all positions are taken by the enemy and the enemy team wins or the time runs out and the defender team wins. In my opinion those are the best modes in Battlefield that provide the most fun. The other game modes feel like you are playing a normal FPS game that just is not as fun as the Rush and Conquest mode.
    In conclusion battlefield 3 is a fun game with great maps and modes for the most part, but requires a good community to play it with. And unfortunately most of the time you end up being with a bad unfocused team that ignores the objectives.
  13. Jun 27, 2014
    Almost the best shooter nowadays, but ruins the experience the fact, that you feel like u paid for a F2P game, cuz u get only the 25%(or less) of the content if you dont buy DLCs or a Premium account.
  14. Jun 14, 2014
    Battlefield 3 is one of the best games that i've ever played, the graphics are excellent (even better than Battlefield 4), the gameplay are almost perfect, the game have not so much bugs, the loadings are a bit long, the campaign is a bit boring sometimes and the story is very simple, and the physics are a bit odd when you are falling. I really recommend you play BF3 because it is a magnificent game and today its very cheap, i bought mine for $10 in origin. Thanks for the attention and sorry for my bad english. Expand
  15. Jun 13, 2014
    I seldom give a ugly 0 to any game indeed, but I have to give BF3 a 0 because I really can't start a game properly. Internet in Australia is metered, and I spent 21GB of data to download this game. Fair enough, I got it for free. I can't help my thrilling to start the game, and it opened a browser window? Battlelog? WTF? Oops looks like they think start the game with browser is cool, although I can't agree with them. I started to get annoyed when the game asks you to install a plugin for browser. And I can't start a game. The game simply crashed. I asked my friend they said it's pretty common and they encountered different error message so just try logging in for another some time. Alright alright fair enough fair enough. But the problem resisted. I tried searching for remedy for this issue, and they said battlefield 3 has some compatibility issue with operating systems whose system locale are not in English. I switched my "language in non-Unicode software" to English. Although it caused some troubles but so far so good, I logged into the game! Hooray! Then I tried to queue for multiplayer, and I got kicked for some "PunkBuster" issue? The game asked me to go to a site called evenbalance to update my PunkBuster, I bloodily just installed my copy today and you asked me to go to a site whose design is like in mid-90s and manually update this bloody malware-like stuff which was released on 2012? Fine, fine. Even it's like 10 steps to update this stuff I still proceeded with great effort and humblest patience, with several restarts and file-copying. And PunkBuster itself crashed constantly with a dialog with a lot of question marks which is totally unreadable. I just couldn't bear so I gave it up. Maybe if I didn't get it for free I'll try harder to tackle these problems. I am totally surprised for the amount of bugs it contains even it has already been released for 3 years, EA still hasn't fixed them. Although SimCity for which I paid $60 was a nightmare, BF3 seems has a reasonably higher critic score. But I spend like 3 hours trying to start playing but I can't. I didn't get this game for training my skills to find solutions to various bugs. Goodbye EA I wouldn't buy anything from you in the future and good luck. Expand
  16. Jun 13, 2014
    BF3 is meant for multiplayer. that being said the campaign is mediocre and short. but the multiplayer is fun with big maps which can accommodate 64 players. it has some great game modes and good weapon customization.
  17. Jun 12, 2014
    Battlefield 3 has an outstanding multiplayer game, but also a boring campaign. Large map, beautiful graphic, awesome sounds and destructible environment, Battlefield 3's multiplayer is the best online experience you've had since Bad Company 2. But then, the campaign weighted the game down with less impressive graphic, linear gameplay and boring story.
  18. Jun 9, 2014
    This FPS is slightly better than most of the FPS games I have played. However, improvements are needed. Furthermore, something has to be added to BF3 to make it unique. The reason behind this is because BF3, just like most other FPS games like call of duty, are identical to each other.

However, I would like to commend the graphics. I was able to play this game in my old laptop, and it
    did not have a single lag in the FPS despite the high graphics. Furthermore, the gameplay is quite realistic. This is the reason why i am giving this game an 8. Expand
  19. Jun 7, 2014
    It's close to perfect. The gameplay is fun and the maps are huge. I recommend getting this and not bf4.
    Still, i can't seem to get more than 20fps even tho bf4 runs on 70+fps...Oh, and i'm going to say 1 word...
    PREMIUM..
  20. Jun 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. My Rectum was bleeding after playing solid 70000000000000000 hours of BlattleFlied 3 and then my pengois got hard and i came,TITIES TITIES TITIES ASS ADD **** Expand
  21. Jun 1, 2014
    Игра достойная 10 балов. Сколько прошло времени, а пользуется такой популярностью. Есть незначительные ошибки, но простительны. Динамичный мультиплеер и не плохая кампания, но на один-два раза прохождения.
  22. May 31, 2014
    DO NOT BUY. Although this is game has more than enjoyable multiplayer, the PC version is utterly broken and is a disaster on so many levels. The game always opens Battlelog when I open BF3 and the game always says "Origin is not installed" when I try to connect to a server.
    Well, at least it was free... Sigh.....
  23. May 22, 2014
    Delete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my review
  24. May 13, 2014
    Увлекательный сюжет. Огромные возможности движка. Потрясающий геймплей. Ну и конечно же, куча доната!
  25. Apr 26, 2014
    Overall, this game is a very nice, fun and exciting FPS. It is actually one of my favourite FPS games of all time. This is because of the amount of strategies you can use in this game. Most of these are unusable in COD. The only problem is that you have to buy Battlefield 3 : Premium Membership to full experience what the multiplayer has to offer. In the end I bought it, and I have to say it is worth the extra £30.
    Overall, I've had many hours of fun playing this game, but having to purchase premium might not encourage everyone to play this.
  26. Apr 25, 2014
    2 балла за эффекты и более милую скушную одиночную кампанию. Мультиплеер коль его почти все так боготворили ранее чуть отличается от колдовского. Сказать честно мне совершенно не понравилось играть при синюшной цветокоррекции, постоянном смазывании экрана и большом колл-вом постоянно всплывающих спеццэффектов. Это всё эффектно и красиво, но абсолютно мешает разглядеть противника и играть с комфортом вообще. Об изрядном доминировании странностей в виде багов и говорить не стоит. Физика. Баланс. Скушные карты. Бессмысленное времяпровождение за прокачкой. Всё это сводит меня сказать, что об Battlefield 3 слишком много рассказывали хорошего. И ничего интресного там нет. Пустая трата денег. Expand
  27. Mar 28, 2014
    Ok, 4 categories im gonna review this game on:
    Graphics: 10% of the score:(on max/near max)
    Sound: 10% of the score
    Gameplay: 60% of the score
    Longevity: 20% of the score
    10, without premium 9
    Final verdict: 9, but giving it a 10 to balance out the trollvotes/people with rose tinted glasses on their eyes/cod fanboys
  28. Feb 22, 2014
    One of the most over hyped and over liked games ever made! People are so blind to see how many problems this games has TDM spawns are almost 100% broken Story is short and horrible There are so so many glitch's that have not been fixed since the game was in BETA! Maps like metro and canals are beyond broken and about the guns? well just use the m16 it is the MOST OVER POWERED gun in the game and on top of that ITS THE MOST OVER USED gun in the game even people that are level 100 are using this gun with it being the number one gun they use! It takes zero skill to use!
    also claymores are almost 100% useless because they don't go off when people run over them
    and hit detection was fine for some time but if you try to play now LOL good luck
    and don't forget those times where you die in cover almost 5 seconds after you hear gun fire oh and spawning in the enemy spawns (Like 2 feet away from 30 enemy's mostly happens in tdm)
    Only a fanboy would defend a game like this or some one whos never played a battlefield game before bf3 and if you want a EVEN WORSE GAME BY LIKE 30% go play battlefield 4!
  29. Feb 15, 2014
    This game is too buggy. There are still many people like me can't even start the game or crash pretty easily after some updates. We are not buying a game to "fix" it or keep finding solutions on the Internet.
  30. Feb 9, 2014
    This is a review of the singleplayer and co-op only. Both modes are absolutely terrible. Coop is short and none of the missions are fun at all, to add to the pain they completely lack checkpoints and, like the main campaign, have quick time events. So, if you miss a quick time event at the end of a level, you have to start it all over again. The sniper mission is particularly bad. The singleplayer story is contrived and nonsensical. I had no idea what was going on and honestly I didn't give a damn. None of the missions were any fun. Even the tank mission was quite boring. It's filled up scripted events and other CoD bull crap. I didn't bother playing the multiplayer since it's yet another modern themed shooter and I have way too many of those to begin with. Pass on this garbage. Expand
  31. Feb 9, 2014
    Why so people are confident that Battlefield 3 is the best multiplayer shooter?Why?

From all other multiplayer projects it is largely different, I do not argue, but to call it the best multiplayer shooter is overkill.What does it do this? Battlelog terrible,balance commands zero,terrible suppression system.Behavior terrible weapons, particularly no damage,graphics oiled soap.Why this
    game is a game to be the best? I'm not understanding.

As well there is the single player campaign, which has a good sense of presence, but that its pros zakanchivayutsya.Syuzhet Pressed again Russian bad, Americans are saving again all gameplay zero-shooting stupid stupid bots, diluted scripted scenes

Conclusion: Do not buy because you do not get fun playing it, it's better to leave something useful.
  32. Feb 3, 2014
    Story: 7 out of 10, Graphics: 10 out of 10, Fun: 7 out of 10, Controls: 7 out of 10, Ease to Learn: 7 out of 10, Length: 8 out of 10, Re-play: 3 out of 10, Value: 7 out of 10

Just didn't draw me in for some reason (story? controls? clanky?). I loved Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare much more than this game. Played the CoD4: Modern Warfare game on the Playstation 3 and enjoyed using the
    PS3 controller more than the mouse/keyboard for Battlefield 3; this may be the difference in my enjoyment. Expand
  33. Feb 1, 2014
    The strength of this game is based almost only on the multiplayer. The story is not worth remembering. PROS: +The multiplayer is very well balanced. +Amazingly wide variety of weapon customization. +The maps are pretty good. I'm not a fan of the large maps, but a lot of people are. +You got a lot of say of the track of the game (multiplayer) by just playing. Everyone has the pressure of making or breaking the game.
    +There are glitches. "Isn't that a bad thing?" you may ask. No, because it is hilarious!
    CONS:
    -The story sucks. I don't need to into detail, it's just bad.
    -The multiplayer isn't noob friendly. If you're new to FPS, get a CoD game with bots for practice.
    -The planes and tanks in the multiplayer are more of an annoyance then anything.
    -Web-based game, because EA hates their fans or something.
    -EA
    I don't know. Do like multiplayer? Get it. If you want a game with value, don't.
  34. Jan 25, 2014
    Launching a game from a browser with special plugins is beyond ridiculous. First EA makes you install Origin because they refuse to use the way superior Steam, but then their own DRM doesn't seem enough so they have to add yet another DRM? Can't play when EA's servers act up again.

Sabotaging your own modding community to sell more absurdly expensive and content-lacking DLCs is in poor
    taste.

Everything needs to be unlocked, casual gaming is incredibly boring.

The campaign is mediocre at best. The storyline is absurd, the quick time events misplaced and annoying, the close combat is staged and the enemy doesn't seem to do anything else than run wave after wave in my sights. The dogfighting was repetitive and not exciting at all.

Only good thing I can name are the sound effects, they are absolutely incredible. Most realistic gunshots I've heard in a game.

All in all, they should have stopped at 2.
  35. Jan 16, 2014
    Battlefield 3 takes many steps in the right direction. Suppression, customizations, return of prone, 64 player maps, and a bunch of additional modes. However, DICE loses some points by making practically all of these additional game modes "premium" content (meaning you have to pay another $30 bucks to unlock them).

DICE demonstrates once again they know how to make games with huge
    learning curves. Only the most persistent (or masochistic) will make it beyond a few games. Death comes far too quickly and often from nowhere. Vehicles are too few and too powerful. Experienced pilots can effectively lockdown an entire 64 player map with just two jets.

Complaints aside, the game can be a lot of fun. Though it makes me long for the simpler days of Battlefield 2 or even 1942.
  36. Jan 6, 2014
    One of the best multiplayer fps games I know I really enjoy this game. The graphics are amazing The maps are all very good There are gamemodes and maps for every taste From close quarters to vehicle combat only
  37. Jan 1, 2014
    As we know this is a classic of the online multiplayer shooters and many people played it, before Battlefield 4 lowered the numbers of players using part 3. It wouldn't be a rating if i wouldn't rate both, the single and multiplayer but i feel very disapointed in the campaing mode. With a few hours of gameplay it's long enough to be not only a tutorial but it just feels like a corridor you have to pass through the way the designers wanted it to be. I so pissed when i have to play Blackburn and so happy for every moment i can play as Dima., caused by the better levels with him. Sometimes when you could easily dodge the crappy quicktime events the game won't let you e.g. kill your opponent on the spot. How difficult can real story telling be...
    The Multiplayer saves the day but it seems to be hard for newbies to compete with worser weapons and no attachments. There is no need for that stuff if you look back to to original 1942 where you actaully had 4 loadouts and nothing more it was real fun. Well not everyone has the money for the shortcut bundle which must be enormous waste....

Singleplayer pro:
    + nice AI that also uses knives if you forget one of them and just walk to close
    + A story that has something like a interesting idea and is told by interuptable movies
    + Different tasks with different vehicles
    + Dimas Levels give you freedom of your strategy
    + Graphics are nice and most times the levels look good
    + Chars seem to be alive with all sorts of conversation going on
    cons.:
    - Quicktime events everywhere. I felt like constantly beeing a fool by this and having no choice (even if i got a good gun in my hand...) but tapping into the trap. some of them are really pissing off since fist fights can't be a matter of splitseconds and i actually play a shooter and not a adventure.
    - The Drama of losses pisses me really off... We are at war people die there of both fractions i don't feel like needing to cry for a single guy.
    - Normally I have varoius ways to win over a situation but best way ends in an endless game... there are endless enemies if i outflank them and make headshots from the side, than if i take a seat behind the HMG and spray bullets like stupid with no aim.
    - Corridor shooter: sometimes i have the choice of a 10*10m battlefield even if i see 100 meters. Otherwise we leave the battlefield. There is hardly a choice where to go or even how to kill the enemy.
    - Most stupid tasks ever... Hey driver why don't you run in a suicide mission across the battlefield, there is a 30man troop with no b***** to do it? Why do i need to wait until my vehicle falls apart before i may use my weapons?
    Some Characters seem so damned stupid in the story, that you feel like you wanna crash something heavy on their head. Like they aren't using brains according their information status, but that's needed in a way to keep goin on.

Multiplayer:
    pros:
    + very realistic mechanics
    + revive, medipacks and spawn points aren't here to make it realistic but fun to play and balanced
    + some unlocks make you interested in continuing leveling
    + you can have tanks, jeeps, etc. and it's nicely implemented
    + aircrafts and their easy control management
    + many large and interesting maps
    + good balancing calss is changeable with dead chars
    + not much of cheaters
    + many different modes
    + mostly destructable environment
    + respawn is not automatic and i can change my equipment
    cons:
    - sometimes stil bugs like you get stuck somehwere where you have acually no obstacle
    - crappy webinterface that let's you start the game new for every match
    - too much of unlockables that you need s****loads of time to get them
    - too expensive before the release of part 4 (50€ stil) that prevented more full servers now the user base is shrinking and now the unlocks for 18€
    - pay to win with unlocks and extra stuff for premium; extensions should be more according maps
    - aircrafts dominate too much on the map since flying might be too easy.

Over all it seems to be stil a good alternative to Battlefield 4, which is reported to have many issues after the release. Even if the numbers of players are going down in favor for other games...
  38. Dec 29, 2013
    coming back from BF4 mess and money-making decisions over the gameplay matter i give positive review just to support this BF3 i decide to stay with, and scrap my bf4 .
    BF3 SOLID
  39. Dec 8, 2013
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/battlefield-3/user-reviews Few years ago I used to play BF1942 a lot. I really enjoyed it. Yesterday I decided to try BF3 because of nostalgia and I wanted to play some FPS with nice graphics. But this game is utter rubbish. Totally unbalanced, sky is full of planes and helicopters, tanks are camping on my spawn, vehicles are overpowered, screen is full of blue

and orange icons, after few minutes of play building are destroyed so

infantry can't hide. Because of IMBA vehicles people don't go anywhere

by foot, they wait on spawn for jets, tanks etc. EA this game so

much I can't believe it. Unplayable rubbish. Oh and I almost forgot you

need to play and play to unlock weapons (or pay). And singleplayer is

basically CoD with all scriptness I hate. While playing single you

can't do a thing, you can't jump of the roof, you can't go whenever you

like, you must exactly follow the script makes singleplayer so

pointless and boring. But hey, graphics are great.

tl;dr; singleplayer is heavily scripted copy of CoD, multiplayer is

unbalanced rubbish. Graphics are great.
  40. Nov 28, 2013
    Battlefield is an amazing super-authentic game with amazing graphics and game play.
    However, the reason for it not being a more high rated game is for it's story.
    A story with no emotion, there are no characters, just figures.
    If you ask 10 people why did they buy the game at least 8 of them will say because of the multiplayer,
    And I wouldn't blame them Story sucks, but the online
    that's a whole different world!
    Big maps, levolution, variety of weapons, variety of vehicles, awesome graphics, superb effects authentic game play.
    8/10 Taking down the singleplayer aspect and it's a round 10.
  41. Nov 21, 2013
    To start of blandly this games campaign sucked. The online however is a completely different story. It is amazing. The graphics on PC are amazing and soooo HD, the game is filled with mainly mature people unlike the newer COD franchises. The guns and sounds sound very realistic and can be a real job to play. If you don't like infantry gameplay then you can go by tank, helicopter or even jets to mix up all the action. I would definitely recommend this game!!! Expand
  42. Nov 18, 2013
    Nothing of this game is good. The story is written so poorly, with a cut scene every five minutes. This game is filled with Quick Time events, and even if you fail the quick time event your buddy will come and save you. The game is so easy, I died only once, due to unfair enemies just to make the game seem harder. The voice acting is poor. I feel like I am playing a dumbed down version of Call of Duty Modern Warfare, yeah, I said it! The story is the same as all First Person hand Holders, bad people kill people so we have to kill them. I feel as if I am controlling a robot, this game feels like I am incapable of doing anything myself and has to hold my hand. This game is so short, it is sad. I could spend more time in the first level of Deus Ex than playing this entire game. They pad this just to make it longer. AI characters have to follow you everywhere, treating you like a child! They have to open doors for you! The enemy AI is even worse, walking into your gun fire.
    There is a mission that makes you think you are going to fly a jet, but it is just on rails shooter! Not a good one either. I got so board after five seconds of this piece of crap! I am so offended by this game, why did I spend money on? I want to destroy this game.
    I feel like my computer is about to shoot itself for me just playing this game.
    The shooting just sucks, there is no power to the weapons. All of the weapons are the same, they all fire the same, take the same time to reload, the same amount of ammo to kill an enemy. They all sound as if a cat is sneezing.
    There is regenerating health, are you a star fish x10000 or something?
    Your AI partners are so incapable of killing anyone, I don't even want them there! All they are doing there is just to further the story.
    This game has none of the wakey over-the-top stuff from Call of Duty. Most of the time in this game you are ducked behind cover because the enemy AI shoot a never ending stream of bullets at you. Not that it matters because you are a starfish x10000.
    I feel this game is a step back in human evolution. Yeah the reverse of the Theory of Evolution.

I know a bunch of fan boys will say "Oh this game is for the multiplayer that is what it is the multiplayer is good it is good play the multiplayer it is good"
    BULL CRAP!
    I played the multiplayer, it sucks. It is the normal multiplayer of this generation of First Person Hand Holders. You start with a load out. One thing I can say is load outs suck! Play Half Life's multiplayer where you have to pick up weapons on the map, and if you die you start with a pistol. Load outs make it so you don't have to look around the map. It also gives higher level players an advantage over others because the have better equipment. The whole leveling system sucks anyway I wish games would take it out. They should take a Que from Halo which had a good multiplayer (For this gen)with no load outs!
    It is the same thing over and over, you die, respawn, you kill someone, die, respawn, die, respawn, you kill someone, die, respawn, kill someone, die, respawn, die, respawn, die.

I think this game should be renamed 3"
  43. Nov 17, 2013
    Battlefield 3 is the best battlefield on the current gen consoles but on PC not anymore. It's now BF4 but BF3 is still good. I can hold 64 players and reeks havoc everywhere it goes. This then leads to one thing or another then you realise you are level 100. It takes ages to get to level 10 and I suppose that's a good thing in a way but it's takes to long. So getting to level 100 takes about 600 hours of gameplay. The DLC for this game is great and I have not mentioned the graphics. They are amazing and stunning and just beautiful. However it does loose marks for the blue filter on it. Grrrr.

Overall
    -Good multiplayer
    -Crap Campaign
    -Stunning Graphics
    Score 88/100
  44. Nov 15, 2013
    Could easily be a 9 but the web plugin stuff sucks! Don't get me wrong I like this game, so much, this game is so fun that I played it for 300 hours already. However, it also gave me a lot of headache. I spent I don't know, maybe more than 10 hours fixing it from time to time. I really miss the good old days in BC2 where the server filter is in game, and I like the graphics style in BC2 better (The graphics in BF3 is amazing, but I don't like its muddy style)... Expand
  45. Nov 14, 2013
    Battlefield 3 has some amazing looking graphics and gameplay and its been a while since battlefield 2 was out. I bought this on the PC and give it a 9.5 out of 10.
  46. Nov 12, 2013
    Much better in any aspects then BF4 better game theme (US/RU, Blue filter, etc.), better maps for fast/slow game types, it DOESNT CRASH, it is for me may be the best FPS game I ever played and I am starting to think that any future BF wont be so inovative and good to play as BF3. At least with BF4 it looks so far...
  47. Nov 7, 2013
    Sure the campaign story is boring but it offers great actions and looks great.
    What can be said about the on-line experience that have not been said? if you haven't tried it, you have missing on the best FPS online game ever.
    If you're close quarters action guy, a jet pilot, a tank driver or a sniper that enjoying marking targets for a mile away, BF3 offers everyone something. it offers
    some many content and ways to enjoy that game.
    Truly as close as it gets to the real thing. MUST have.
  48. Nov 5, 2013
    Really liked the single player game. Much improved from BC2/BC.

Multiplayer is amazing, but not a huge fan of the netcode, getting killed from behind cover is pretty annoying. In cqc most flights end up with you and the other player killing each other at the same time.
  49. Nov 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Decent Shooter with some flaws that hinders enjoyment but it is a good war simulator where you can fly jets to take out your opponents, or have a ground battle with other players. but what about the campaign? The Campaign is closely related to Call of Duty: Black Ops. you know, the protagonist being interrogated and telling stories. Overall. It's a must-get for those who want a great multiplayer experience. Expand
  50. Nov 4, 2013
    Disappointing and falsely advertised. Typical EA.
    Most features which DICE talked about aren't even in the game.
    A huge step backwards from Battlefield 2 in every way.
  51. Nov 2, 2013
    best multiplayer to date!!! its a fantastic game that after playing 160 hours, doesnt get old. the multiplayer is just so awesome!!!! there are tons of vehicles, weapons and accessories. the maps are awesome and mostly have great design. there are few places were the design feels a bit flawed but overall its great and every map feels unique. in its launch the game had a lot of stability issues but it s ok now. the netcode (some kind of code in the game) isnt so good. for instance you can get shot even if you got into cover or the game wont do your reload even if you just saw the animation. this moments arent so bad, but in my opinion thats what holds this game back. the game is also a bit glitchy (though they patch it a lot. the multiplayer also has these amazing epic scenes that you get from playing (theyre name is battlefield moments). theyre not artificial and thyre really awesome and epic.
    the campaign is good, though pretty linear. the story is told in flashback (i dont really like this and isnt really special but its good enough to keep you in it. the missions are cool, even if near the end they can get a bit repetetive (the way shooters tend to do). the game is also beautiful, and one of the best looking games i have ever seen both in multiplayer and singleplayer). the games textures and effects are amazing, and they the game to a new level. there are also 6 co op missions, which are pretty fun.
    overall an extremely good game and one of my favorites. it has the best multiplayer to date!! the campaighn is also pretty good, if you want a multiplayer game buy this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  52. Oct 31, 2013
    Melhor jogo de guerra ja criado, muito bom, inovador e realista.
    Título obrigatório para quem gosta de FPS.

-------------

Best war game already created, very good, innovative and realistic.
    Must for anyone who enjoys FPS.
  53. Oct 27, 2013
    If you enjoy playing with 63 snipers per game, you should buy this game.

Snipers are extremely overpowered, and no one plays anything else than sniper.
  54. Oct 24, 2013
    Battlefield 3 is the only game defining, mind blowing game that truly defines a modern first-person shooter game by date. The variety of weapons, vehicles and seemingly, customization options with Battlefield 3 Premium really allows the player to play to his or her's fullest. Premium is definitely worth its price, with all access to the 5 expansions packs in the game. Like many others, the Singleplayer and co-op is really broken, and unpolished. This definitely lead to the lower scores given by critics and us, true gamers.

Stick with multiplayer, you'll love the BF franchise, trust me. I was once a CoD player. When i came over, i decided to upgrade my PC just for this game. And i've also played full 15 days of BF4 beta, reordered the full game.

I know i should leave other (sceptical)games out in a review, but there's no point in buying CoD: Ghosts... Seriously, just think of it..
  55. Oct 21, 2013
    For you people saying that single-player doesn't effect the score of a multiplayer-focused game, you're WRONG! It matters, because it is included in the game package. And, most of you know that the campaign of this game is below average. It's all through cliche and leaves a bad taste to the single-player fans, such as me. But, when we hear the name "Battlefield", we all think for the epicness of it's multiplayer.
    The multiplayer is heart-pounding, intense fun. Being skeptical for the multiplayer, but it actually achieving to be the level that Bad Company 2 was, is surprising. Huge battles, deep weapon customization, awesome visuals, realistic sound design and intense dog fights immediately make the game superbly enjoyable. The only complain I can give about the multiplayer is that there are a some balancing issues.
    Battlefield 3 is a multiplayer masterpiece, and a single-player mess. But the single-player, while effecting the game score, it wont put down the game when it has intense multiplayer matches. (Final Score: 8.30)

P.S: I didn't play the co-op, because I'm focusing on other games recently)
  56. Oct 19, 2013
    Good game. Great multiplayer didn't even try the single player. Just when one side gets pinned down at spawn, it pretty much stays that way. Need some way to fix that.
  57. atd
    Oct 11, 2013
    Well DICE is on the wrong horse: called EA The Winner of the worst company trophy in the past 4 years in the row! The game is all about milking the customers! DICE wants your money or the game, but not your feedback's or criticism! On ''Battlelog froum'' DICE continuously censorship`s most of the negative comments just pathetic! - the worse hit detection ever - poor net-code
    - Visual glitches
    - Poor Map designs
    - Cheaters
    - Hackers
    - nubs
  58. Oct 2, 2013
    Finally decided to play the game to see if its any good, well its not. I got a game breaking bug and had to download a savegame to get past it. (airfield bug, you can find it on youtube easy). The game also has audio problems. Missions are annoying at best, you get bounced around different characters and in the end don't know who you are or what's going on any more. If it weren't for the bug that breaks the game I would of given it an average score instead of 0. (there are far worse games out there). Expand
  59. Oct 1, 2013
    The single-player is a great cinematic on-rails experience, but utterly forgettable and lacks any depth, challenge or fun. If you see it as more of a tech demo and trainer for the multi-player then you can award a degree of sympathy. So then, multi-player is where the real action is going down, and wow it sounds and looks awesome. Tactically engaging and perilous. The maps are huge which fantastic for scale, but sometimes you will find yourself roaming around looking for people to shoot. You can pick up a helicopter or jet if you're lucky but good luck trying to control those things from ending up embedded in the terrain, and on fire. Work as a group, squad or team is lots of fun and there can be some genuinely intense fire-fights and tense situations. Sometimes though it's just too much and some of the maps have bottlenecks where everyone convenes upon. Would like to see some AI Bots as an option, so that some of us can get some multi-player practice and get to learn the maps, and a death-cam where you can actually see who shot or killed you would be nice. All told, this is solid and addictive FPS online game. Call of who? Expand
  60. Sep 29, 2013
    I must admit that I'm reviewing only the single player mode- I haven't played any multiplayer. For a single player FPS, the story is pretty decent- the fact that the story is told from multiple points of view is pretty interesting, even if the story itself is sometimes a bit tough to follow. There's a tank level and a fighter jet level thrown into the mix here for really no good reason- they're painfully easy and feature slower gameplay than the FPS levels. With that said, the game itself is not too short but also not too long- I found myself feeling like I was finished with the game just an hour or so before the game was finished. Overall, I wouldn't highly recommend it, but I wouldn't recommend against it either. Expand
  61. Sep 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very good game!Very good graphics,excelent game play,story!I like very much the single player campaign!I like very much also the premium membership multiplayer mode!I don't like some maps in multiplayer such as in Back to Karkand but it is very good game... Expand
  62. Sep 18, 2013
    A must have for any FPS fan. This game truly sets the standard for an exciting multiplayer experience, and a fairly enjoyable single player game as well. Unlike many other games, Battlefield 3 is intuitive in design, and always exciting to play.
  63. Sep 17, 2013
    The excellent multiplayer mode makes up for the generic and boring single player and co-op modes. This game features awesome visuals and sound. One major complaint, especially for the PC version is the Origin DRM as well as Battlelog. Both can be frequently annoying at times.
  64. Sep 15, 2013
    Making a lengthy comment about what exactly sucks in this game would be a pure waste of time so I will make it short. Battlefield 3 is all about visuals and forgetting the most important thing in an FPS game netcode and hit detection. Sure, other online FPS games have their share of problems when it comes to hit detection but never in my twenty five years of gaming have I seen such poor implementation of it. You will get one-shotted by a shotgun from 100+ meters away which is a huge stretch even for buck ammo and loose a chest to chest fire fight with an MG against a 9mm gun. You will also experience sudden deaths even a second or two after you've reached safe cover because the client-side hit detection system does a poor job of synchronizing what happens on both players sides the one that is shooting and the one that takes cover. How can anyone expect to play a fast action game like an FPS when what I am seeing is not what the other guy sees?

If it wasn't for this huge problem Battlefield 3 would probably get a score around 8/10 or even 9/10 but when you screw up such an important thing like hit detection in a game that is primarily meant to be played in multiplayer... Well.. 3/10 for me.
  65. Sep 13, 2013
    Battlefield 3 is an absolute joy to play, but only on multiplayer. The campaign is not very interesting, and the co op felt like grinding my way through hoards of enemies as they blindly run into your fire.

Multiplayer however is truly excellent. The maps offer great exploration of combat across the four classes if you are playing conquest. There will be significant advantages to being
    certain classes over others depending on your situation, so strategy and choosing your battles is key to your success. I found some bases far better suited for some classes over others, such as the Military Outpost on the Oil Field was brilliant for engineers because of the plethora of tanks that visit it. Snipers have proved their worth too with the MAV at their side. Spot enemies with it and your team will be destroying the enemy before too long. It hilarious sometimes how useful the MAV is. Soldiers and Support Gunners are so very useful too for front line combat and for the longevity of your battles. Soldiers can revive you, keep your health up, whilst support gunners can keep the ammo coming in and surpress the enemy.

The best thing about this game is the sound design and sound mixing. The amount of processing that goes into the sound is flabbergasting. Low pass filters on the whole mix when you die, reverb wet and dry signal changes depending on location and distance, and side chain compression for extremely loud noises over the ambience. Absolutely amazing, and not seen in other shooters surprisingly. This may be because the sound is very processor intensive, so console games will not be able to reproduce the same fidelity on slower systems.
  66. Sep 12, 2013
    Best First Person Shooter Video Game of 2011 for me! This game is a major beast. This game is even better than Saints Row The Third. This game also surpasses its previous successors. The PC controls are easier to control.One of my favourite games of all time. This game is very worth buying. Its a must try for all PC gamers.
  67. Sep 9, 2013
    This game was a lot of fun to play.The story is simple and enjoyable, but lacks depth and emotion .Story aside, the multiplier is amazing While the multiplier was rather unfinished when they released the game, it has become utter fun to play.
  68. Sep 8, 2013
    I have BOUGHT Battlefield 3, and have possibly been able to play it for a few hours in the last few months, entirely due to the utterly frustrating and completely useless "Origin" program that controls it. For those that don't know, Origin is the equivalent to Steam, except, instead of managing your playing stats and launching the game for you, it keeps opening a website which requires you to log in, in order to play the game. However, only twice in the possibly 2 dozen times I've tried to play the game that I BOUGHT, has Origin actually allowed me to play the game. Otherwise, it either tells me I need to install the game, or simply farms me to another login window, despite me ticking the box to remember me. The only thing that I am guaranteed to see every time I TRY to play the game, is advertising for Battlefield 4, which I will clearly never buy since I have not been able to get any reasonable time in for Battlefield 3 that I PAID for. Which is why I am writing this review, to warn everyone that this is most likely going to be a frustrating experience. If you don't believe me, read many thousands of other reviews in Google about Origin. Expand
  69. Sep 8, 2013
    This is my first Battlefield, and I'm quite impressed with the multiplayer. I love levelling up, love the graphics. I stay alive a lot longer than in Reach... Very addicting and fun.

The single player campaign is too much in rails for my likes.
  70. Sep 7, 2013
    Amazing game, well optimized and an outstanding multiplayer experience. This game should NOT be bought for the campaign as it is very linear and anti climatic, the multiplayer on the other hand is what separates battlefield 3 from every other MMS on the market. You have the option of playing anything from a quick fast paced arcade shooter to a long fought game of dominating flags and controlling the map. Very great buy Expand
  71. Sep 4, 2013
    I remember playing COD 1-4 against my dad and he would get a big HMG, see me, and start sprayin bullets at me. Naturally he was a terrible shot, and I would pop out amidst the bullets, maybe take a few to the body, but otherwise blow his head away with a precise sniper round. He would get very upset at this saying, "no sniper or any soldier would ever get up in the face of fire, this is so unrealistic." So BF3 has this suppression thing, which is cool and not overwhelmingly arcadey. For that, I give 9 out of 10. Expand
  72. Sep 2, 2013
    I so wish that this was better!
    Let me get this out of the way: BFBC2 is one of the best FPS I've ever played. It changed everything about the genre for the better. Destructible terrain, fantastic visuals and sound effects. Tight controls and satisfying weapons.
    Battlefield 3 keeps a lot of it but also screws some things up. Massively.
    First and foremost, the campaign sucks. Truly. You
    know they don't care any more when they start ripping of the story of Call of Duty games. Really, that's like a gourmet restaurant taking tips from MacDonald's. The gameplay isn't enjoyable without other players since the AI is dumber than my hat. There is no co-op feature and the whole thing is just a mess.
    But Battlefield is all about the multiplayer, right? BC2 was, I know that for a fact. The problem is that BC2 had a great campaign as well. There were interesting characters with good dialogue and it wasn't just set piece after set piece holding together a paper-thin plot.
    Anyway, that's enough rambling; how is the actual multiplayer? To answer my own question: it's solid. Not amazing but not terrible either. The weapons feel very powerful and are satisfying to use. There are some blatant balance issues but they can be overlooked. The biggest problem is the original set of maps. They are large, sure, but they were not actually that well designed (most of them, that is) and they actually had to bring in Strike at Karkand (still a masterpiece of map-design) to mix things up. The most pressing issue is that the maps usually don't support more than one playstyle. Some maps are impossible to play without a Sniper and some are so cramped and tight that that isn't even an option. A large map isn't any good if you don't use it to its fullest. The destructible terrain is still impressive but not used as much as you would want and probably not even as much as in BC2.
    And the final problem is Origin. This was not taken into account when I was considering the game's score. Origin is an absolutely awful program. I don't even have a problem with the fact that it's always online but it doesn't work. At all. I really haven't been able to play the game for months because Origin doesn't let me start it. I've contacted EA and they haven't been able to solve the issue. This is unacceptable and if this is the case in BF4 then I will never buy a game from EA ever again.
  73. Aug 30, 2013
    The game single player could be a lot better. There is a coop in the game support 2 players. Game is prety realistic and great and multiplayer is prety awesome. Graphics of the game just amaizing the destruction of the game is simply epic. It could have a better console version. PC version far beyond better than any other. I highly recommend it to everyone Doesn't neads owerrating its simply good game. Expand
  74. Aug 29, 2013
    This game definitely has it moments, most of the time it is just a bug or two but overall the game looks great they fixed all glitches and punk buster bans people for cheats all the time. Overall after all of the patches it deserves a 10. I love this game, even more now since net code issues are fixed.
  75. Aug 28, 2013
    Amazing game, its fantasticl, real, the weapons are very cools, i love this game and i cant wait for Battlefield 4, the king of shooters sure, anyway, Battlefield 3 is amazing and the multiplayer, i havnt words to describe that marvelous
  76. Aug 25, 2013
    Awesome blockbuster game. The graphics and sound are outstanding and there is a very cinematic feel to the single player campaign. The smoke and particle effects really add to the realism. The story and voice acting is great even though it's not ground-breaking. I'm glad the campaign was short and could finish the game in a day because I don't have 100+ hours to spend on a game. My only complaint is I would have liked more freedom of movement. You are automatically killed if you step out of bounds so you have very little initiative in how you complete a mission. Expect an action game and not a military simulation. I haven't tried multiplayer yet so I can't comment on that. Congrats to Dice & EA for a very polished and entertaining FPS. Expand
  77. Aug 23, 2013
    Probably the most unplayable game EVER. Origin is the biggest pain in the az I have ever seen experienced. Everything bugs out. Why would they use a browser for matchmaking? The browser is something personalized, you can't be a sane programmer and expect to write a matchmaking system that runs inside a browser and works on every browser when you require external plugins!!! Either make a plain HTML5 matchmaker that runs in a custom browser (something like steam's browser) or stay away from my own browser. I'm not going to change the configuration of MY BROWSER to play a effing game.

Bugs in the keybinding setup, random crashes, doesn't run fullscreen because you are running teamviewer in the background, bugs in the CO-OP matchmaking, friend's list in origin and inside the website doesn't sync properly. TERRIBLE IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY.
  78. Aug 22, 2013
    Not being a multiplayer buff I played the Campaign only. I found the story pleasant, but the extremely linear gameplay boring beyond belief. Step slightly off the script and you die. Some scenes are like playing Dragons Lair; click this key, followed by this key, followed by this mouse button. Miss one and you die (and get to watch the introducing cinematic all over again). I will not be buying the 4th edition. I am sure someone will cut the cinematics together and put them on youtube so I can watch the story. And hey, if I want to play Dragons Lair i can always buy THAT game instead? Expand
  79. Aug 22, 2013
    I love the game and all, but it does lack a few things that I enjoyed from the original game. Squads aren't nearly as good as they were in 2142, no built in squad voice chat is also annoying. And I'm highly disappointed about the removal of commander mode. With that being said its still lots of fun, the ability to customize your guns and vehicles makes for very diverse gameplay and adds days of play time. Expand
  80. Aug 15, 2013
    Battlefield 3 is completely Multiplayerfield 3. The campaign is not worth even touching, it has a few pulse pounding moments but it is not good at all. However the multiplayer is just so good! You are doing yourself a favor if you get for the the PC, but the console version is not very good. First of all it is only 24 PLAYERS MAX. While at the pc can get 64 players. Final verdict 9/10. Mediocre campaign, amazing multiplayer. Expand
  81. Aug 12, 2013
    Too bad theres so many call of duty fanboys here who can't take the fact that this is better also this is not a singleplayer game it's a mulitplayer game so don't even but it in the review.
    This game is simply amazingly fun i spent tons of hours playing mulitplayer with my friends having so much fun! Can't wait for battlefield 4 9.1/10
  82. Aug 11, 2013
    I've already posted a review, but I'll get more in depth.
    Battlefield 3 multiplayer... Everybody that likes it, has never played Bad Company 2. The big maps, the destruction, the good community, the INCREDIBLE good expension pack are all gone in BF3. DICE did not include these things in their new game. Battlefield is known for the big maps, destruction and all those things, but since it's
    not included in BF3, it's changes the gameplay in a negative way.

Single player... Most boring experience ever. I have NOTHING goods to say about it. The campaign was way too scripted, you can't even use a vehicle besides a tank in the most boring mission of the whole campaign, and a jet that you can't fully control.

Graphics... How do people say that this is the best looking game ever? It's NOT. There are much better looking games out there, even more underrated once, even released in 2011.

Co-op... The sniping mission was the only one I enjoyed. The other once were just running and shooting with scripted events.

Origin & Battlelog.. Origin is the worst copy of Steam EVER. EA is talking about how popular Origin is, but they are just forcing us to use it, since their games are not on steam anymore.
    Battlelog is just stupid and annoying.

DLC's... B2K were just old maps, so nothing to talk about. CQ shows how Close Quarters should be, to transfer CoD players to Battlefield. Which destroys the community. Battleflield 3 was released with Close Quarter maps, so everyone who expected the same kind of maps like OP Metro, Grand Bazaar, Seine Crossing, will be disappointed. Armored kill has large maps, but the Gunships just kills the fun in Rush and Conquest, that's why it's almost never played so it's a ghost town. Aftermath is fun with a fun new game mode, but it's not a real expansion like Vietnam. But it's acceptable anyway. End Game has an unoriginal game mode called Capture the Flag. Because there are ALWAYS people with helis killing people from the other team from their base, it's just kills the fun again. The only good expension was Aftermath.

When the game was first released, it was just a bad game. Aftermath doesn't change that. Aftermath was good, but not good enough to give a whole new experience, unlike Vietnam did with BC2. Aftermath is basicly the only positive thing I can say about Battlefield 3. The gun sounds are good, but that's a little thing that don't change anything about the gameplay. A nice 0/10 for Battlefield 3. Biggest fail of 2011.
  83. Aug 6, 2013
    Never played single player (as that's not the point of these games) so I can't comment on that, but the game is still amazing. Features beautiful graphics, fun, exciting gameplay, and a great sound system. Obviously there are some horrible weapon balances that have yet to be fixed, and a mediocre range of hackers, but it only occasionally detracts the game's replayability and overall, greatness.
  84. Aug 5, 2013
    Awful Campaign, Premium Memberships, only 3 or 4 good vanilla maps, having to use battlelog, being able to buy completion for your class, and toned down destruction are all powerful negatives about this game, I would play Bad Company 2 any day over this.

Pros:
    Guns feel good to shoot
    Jets
    large maps
  85. Jul 31, 2013
    The best Game I have ever Played! Interesting Singleplayer Stunning Graphics Awesome Multiplayer What else is needed for the best game at this time
  86. Jul 29, 2013
    Alright, first off this game is absolutely beautiful. Everything from lighting, to textures, to environments, to animation, to character models, to character animations it all looks incredible and evokes that same HOLY MOTHER OF THE LORD FREAKIN GOD feeling as when viewing the original Crysis on max settings(That is to say if you could). Though you will need an INCREDIBLY powerful pc to view the game in all its hd glory on high settings. As come to be expected by most mainstream shooters the campaign is as fun and fast paced as ever, theirs just one problem-the story. The campaign is dragged down by a confusing narrative and a cliche INFESTED plot. It is the same song and dance as many other shooters with mediocre enemy AI. Speaking of enemies, you fight-you guessed it- RUSSIANS. Really? Again with the Russians? But although the campaign has its let downs the multiplayer is the real hook here and it is FUN FUN FUN! With enormous maps and 64 player shoot outs, the multiplayer is an intense and heart pounding experience the pushes the boundaries of extreme realism in shooters. Things like suppression, low health, bullet drop, and leading targets makes battlefield feel like a real war and adding more to the realism is something call of duty lacks in-communication. Because of the massive sizes of the maps you have to talk. You have to converse with your team mates and plan like a real war. Which makes a successfully executed victory all the more rewarding. Their is one small complaint though, what the heck happened to the destructible environments? Bad company had them in multiplayer, the campaign has them, why aren't they in multiplayer? Who knows?
    So, to sum things up battlefield 3 is a fantastic shooter, easily one of the best in the battlefield series and one of the best period. It's campaign story is a letdown and I really would have like to have seen some building destruction in multiplayer but the jaw dropping crap your pants graphics, ridiculously fun and addicting multiplayer, and unrivaled realism make Battlefield 3 a jem to play and a must own for any hardcore pc gamer.
  87. Jul 28, 2013
    Requires to run through browser which uses up RAM and CPU power. This could have been avoided, but they wanted all the security. It is very glitchy, laggy, and single player is does not exist (I don't know what that thing they call single player is). This game also contains nothing new compared to the previous ones, instead it removes things that were great such as a commander. Stay away from this game it is not worth the cost. Expand
  88. Jul 28, 2013
    This game is fun, and to follow that up I will be truthful, the multiplayer is fun, and no more than that.
    The story was extremely lackluster and kind of silly, the co op was short, pointless, but on harder difficulties it is challenging. The multiplayer on PC is amazing, 32 on 32 on massive maps fighting over flags, intel, or just slaughtering the other team, it's balanced, entertaining,
    and worth a play for anyone new to the battlefield series, The multiplayer alone deserves an 8 or a 9, but the singleplayer and the co op kind of bring it down. Expand
  89. Jul 27, 2013
    However fun battlefield is, I feel as though EA is holding DICE back from performing at their greatest and fine tuning the game. It is an extremely fun game and if you are fun like me then you can incorporate some of the bugs and have some fun with them. Well made but the bugs let the game down.
  90. Jul 25, 2013
    After all the DLCs are out, Battlefield 3 is an ultimate gaming experience. It is not exactly as Battlefield 2 but it does so many things right. It is able to atract all kinds of players. Small maps with infantry fighters, medium maps with balanced infantry and vehicles fight and large maps with vehicles dominating the game. Audio and visuals are great. Unfortunately technical issues are holding it from achieving even higher score. An absolute must have for FPS Multiplayer fans. Expand
  91. Jul 24, 2013
    Definitely a cool game. Not such a great single player experience, but it is definitely worth the money if you are playing online. I like the weapons they use in the game so i purchased a few game replicas: http://www.airsplat.com/battlefield-3.htm
  92. Jul 24, 2013
    This is an Ego-shooter game of the new generation. High graphics, realistic and awesome gameplay, not so hollywoodish storyline, a high amount of weapons, a big amount vehicles and way more things make this a great game.
  93. Jul 22, 2013
    When you master the maps and controls this game is very fun to play. The single player offers a fantastic and solid story that has sadly been overshadowed by infinity ward's dull and repetitive shoot'm up franchise. Despite the odd lag back in multiplayer and the weak gun sound effects this game is very solid and beats all other shooters hands down. For £15 you have no excuse not to buy this amazing game! Expand
  94. Jul 22, 2013
    Nearly a 10 but the campaign is just bleh
    The co-op mode is actually about teamwork and was very fun
    Battlelog is extremely deep
    There are so many weapons and vechiles
    64 Players!
    Huge Maps
    Great destruction
    Nice realistic engine finishes
    Amazing graphics lighting and particle effects

On console it goes down to a 8 but on PC it is amazing
  95. Jul 19, 2013
    The mechanics of the game work very well, except for the few bugs that persist with vehicles. However, these are relatively small and they do not break the game. The graphics are top-notch even from 2011. My experience with other players will not be a major factor, but there seems to be no reward for working or coordinating with the rest of your team. Team balance is nonexistent and operates off of there being a >1 player difference in team numbers. The vehicle unlock system will always put newer drivers and pilots at a major disadvantage when it comes down to both skill and fancy gadgets. Dice also seems to also have an issue with weapon balancing, some have been completely obliterated to the point where there is no point in using them at all. Expand
  96. Jul 11, 2013
    I think this is the best FPS on the market right now. It just looks amazing. MP is fun and enjoyable. SP is the weak spot of the game because of it is too linear and easy like for me when I got the fps right I just could shoot the AI far too easy and I am really bad at shooters. I take the last review of the game back because of my experience and think that they did a good job to deliver a good game. Expand
  97. Jul 7, 2013
    Battlefield 3 is like having the thing you've always wanted wrapped up the same bag with a lot of sh*t. Sure Battlefield its a mutiplayer game and has been since its first started, but if your gonna put a campaign in the game at least make it fun and not just a tech demo wrapped up in a loose "story". If this game was mutiplayer only it would be a 9/10, but sadly the bad story, cardboard characters, and just plain generic campaign brings down. Now on to the mutiplayer, is it any good? Yes. Here DICE shines, the mutiplayer is very fun, but somewhat laggy and glitchy. That's sad to see because it might have one of the best mutiplayers I've played in a while. The mutiplayer is a sure step up from the last Battlefield game. So in the end Battlefield is a near perfect MUTIPLAYER shooter with a very lackluster singleplayer, but the singleplayer doesn't bring score down too much because its mainly a online shooter. Expand
  98. Jul 3, 2013
    To be honest Battlefield 3 has one of the best, if not the best multiplayer I've ever played, tries to do many things in terms of multiplayer and makes them successful, has a great look, with great graphics and great voice acting. The game loses in terms of single player, not a bad single player, but there are FPS with a better experience for the player. We can understand the motivations of Sergeant Blackburn, but it's hard to feel sorry about the death of a person, when we saw thousands dying in front of us. But overall it is a great game and one of the best FPS that exists in the market. Expand
  99. Jul 3, 2013
    A single company is secondary and uninteresting, but the multiplayer is just super. Graphics 9/10. Animation 10/10. The story of 4/10. Multiplayer 9/10.
  100. Jun 30, 2013
    Getting Stuck on Rocks: The Game
    Tanks Slowed Down By Hills: The Game

No single player
    Childish server admins
    3rd world trash hackers ruining your experience
    Hyper Stacked servers with no balance
    ZERO new-player friendly servers.
  101. Oct 25, 2011
    great game single player amazing, multiplayer also amazing. so much better than the beta this is a great game and i think dice have really outdone themselves

It's all a matter of taste, after all. They each provide a certain type of entertainment – when talking about Battlefield 3, it involves a bigger game, more open in its possibilities and more spectacular. But on a longer timeline, less frantic and with fewer Bruce Willis scenes than the mass appeal beast it set itself to dethrone.
    No, Battlefield 3 is not the best game of today. But good looking – definitely. It also has an absolutely addictive multiplayer. Who needs more? [Dec 2011]
  3. Dec 4, 2011
    Both a triumphant leap forward and a return to form for the Battlefield series. This is the best multiplayer shooter on PC. [Christmas 2011, p.58]