Battlefield 3 PC

7.5

1. May 15, 2017
    The best FPS of my life.
    Wonderful maps, realistic guns and sound effects, infinite fun and last but not least the GRAPHICS
    Omg Battlefield 3 graphic is amazing for a 2011 game!
    Buy it and you won't regret it.... NEVER!
    and **** you battlefield 1, **** game where everyone can make a good k/d ratio and the maps are awful.
  2. May 1, 2017
    Senaryo bakımından yetersiz fakat oynanış olarak iyi olan bir oyun. Zaten bu seriyi Single olarak değerlendirmek haksızlık olabilir çünkü Multiplayer daha çok ön planda olduğu ve Multiplayer olarakta çok güzel işler başardığı için 7 denebilir.
  3. Apr 12, 2017
    Rushed, plagued with glitches, bad hit detection and balance issues, never meant to be fixed, just another disposable title that died after one year so that stupid people could purchase their next low-quality overrated game.
  4. Apr 7, 2017
    Le Frostbite est un moteur magnifique : un V12 Ferrari et qui de surcroît ne consomme pas outre-mesure. Sur une bécane moyenne, réglé sur automatique il envoit encore du bois. Très impressionnant.

On attend donc qu'ils en fassent un jeu intéressant parce que ce clone de Call Of en plus grand est aussi bête que les produits Activision annuels avec sa: campagne scriptée stupide ultra-courte et ennuyeuse.

Quant au multi, je le trouve même en retrait : un bordel géant sans nom et l'interface sous forme de page web est une calamité à l'utilisation : lente et bugguée, mal foutue. 3 **** points donc pour le moteur.
  5. Feb 20, 2017
    Battlefield 3 offers you a great multiplayer with huge, open maps, packed with graphics and effects that are still stunning today.

The single player campaign on the other hand was one of the shortest, buggiest and worst made in the entire genre.
  6. Jan 12, 2017
    *Análisis de la campaña individual.
    No tiene mucho misterio. Es otro shooter bélico moderno del montón. Con una trama de las mas flojas de todas pero algunos episodios medianamente bien construidos. Entretenido para un par de tardes pero sin que nadie espere nada que sorprenda por su calidad.
  7. Dec 28, 2016
    Graphics, gameplay, sounds and weapons places this one as the best FPS MMO of the century. Blasting buildings, sky and ground battles, the detail and animation implemented into this game is unbelievable. Once you experience the many maps and vehicles/weapons/radar sensation it becomes a natural source of enjoyment and winning tactical strategies against veterans and badly COD players whoGraphics, gameplay, sounds and weapons places this one as the best FPS MMO of the century. Blasting buildings, sky and ground battles, the detail and animation implemented into this game is unbelievable. Once you experience the many maps and vehicles/weapons/radar sensation it becomes a natural source of enjoyment and winning tactical strategies against veterans and badly COD players who think they can bring COD factors to the battlefield. However if you are deemed too good in custom servers, admins will start kicking/banning you and hate messages will come... Expand
  8. Oct 31, 2016
    A somewhat great return to BF2 formula. I for one really enjoyed the single player, it felt more authentic than what you get in CoD with its over the top campaigns that got old for me after MW2. MP was excellent, not much to add there. Gunplay wise its a a step up over Bad Company 2 which already had near pervect gun feel, the gun mechanics and their audio design are refined so far thatA somewhat great return to BF2 formula. I for one really enjoyed the single player, it felt more authentic than what you get in CoD with its over the top campaigns that got old for me after MW2. MP was excellent, not much to add there. Gunplay wise its a a step up over Bad Company 2 which already had near pervect gun feel, the gun mechanics and their audio design are refined so far that you feel like youre firing a real gun, its really that good. Audio is just amazing all throughout the game, bravo to the DICE sound department. Graphics wise its arguably the best looking game of 2011, only Crysis 2 can compete. Even today on PC maxed settings game holds its ground.

Easily best BF since 2005 and still imho is in 2016.
  9. Sep 30, 2016
    Battlefield 3 campaign doesn't compare to battlefield 4 campaign, The multiplayer may be good but....
    I found the campaign just plain boring, the story was poor and the weapons are no way near as good as battlefield 4.
    The optimization is fantastic and graphics are supreme for its days!
    I only recommend this for the pvp not campaign
  10. Aug 14, 2016
    Really fun game with lots of variants. Although the rush mode isn't as fun as Battlefield Bad Company 2. It improves on almost all aspects that BFBC2 was flawed in.
  11. Jul 3, 2016
    One of the most realistic shooters ever published in the history of gaming. Most gameplay elements resemble the usual Call of Duty-style game mechanics, but Battlefield 3 stands on another ground.
  12. Jun 28, 2016
    Battlefield 3 retains the tradition of jaw-dropping graphics, masterful sound design, unbelievably amazing multiplayer and an annoyingly disappointing campaign.
  13. Jun 22, 2016
    Best Battlefield after BF2, sadly they pushed out too much Battlefields and the community split up and now almost noone plays this Game anymore. It was really good. Hopefully they learn out of this Game and stop **** up like bf4 and hardline.
  14. May 26, 2016
    This game is life, get it, I'm buying it a second time, this game is my baby. My girlfriend of 2 years said "me or your stupid battlefield game". extremely easy answer, "get out my house bitcch"
  15. May 23, 2016
    In all my time playing this game, if I could say one thing, it'd be this.

In all my time playing this game, if I could say one thing, it'd be this.

Let's say you're watching a hallway, a corridor, or a door. You've been watching it for a very long time, and NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING has happened, at all. No enemies ran past, no explosions, no "thrown" shots, etc. I cannot emphasize enough how much nothing is in this case. So, nothing has happened. There are doors and hallways beside you, so you decide to check your corner. Left/right. You briefly, and I mean briefly, look to your left. Like a quarter to half a second. You glance left and then back towards the hallway you've been watching for a really long time. BOOM!!!!!!!!! There are as many as 1-32 enemies RIGHT THERE in that hallway.

The hallway you've been watching since the beginning of the time. Since the beginning of the big bag, whereas nothing has happened.

Moral of the story? If you look away for just a split second, someone will come around and catch you off guard. Well, not off guard, but just when you interrupt your million year stare for a half second out of necessity of carefulness.

This is my cumulative review of this game.

Aside from jets flying through mountains, snipers in close quarters, upside down helicopters still grounded, and enemies still hitting you even after you've broken line of sight with them, good game.

Pew Pew forever fellow gamers!
  16. May 22, 2016
    This game is good because in this game awesome graphics and this game is best game on BattleField Series , even better than Battlefield Bad Company 2 . Battlefield 3 compare with Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 and win by graphics , but by storyline COD MW3 is winner . BattleField 3 is very good game about war and this game is awesome , interesting and has got amazing multiplayer and awesomeThis game is good because in this game awesome graphics and this game is best game on BattleField Series , even better than Battlefield Bad Company 2 . Battlefield 3 compare with Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 and win by graphics , but by storyline COD MW3 is winner . BattleField 3 is very good game about war and this game is awesome , interesting and has got amazing multiplayer and awesome compaigh . Expand
  17. Dec 20, 2015
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  18. Dec 18, 2015
    Battlefield 3 is a strong action game. More realistic. And it does have the best sound I've ever heard so far. maybe the review is not good, but the game is great.
  19. Dec 12, 2015
    Gameplay : 10
    Graphics : 10
    Story : 7
    Sound : 10
    Overall : 10
  20. Nov 8, 2015
    Unlike most FPS players, I have the strange habit of not paying much attention to multiplayer, but just playing the single player campaign. And therefore my review is mainly about it.

Battlefield 3 is very well received and very well baked product (mostly), and the campaign is (as expected) not breathtakingly good, but is actually above decent and passes many others I've tried withing the COD-BF-MOH-and alikes-family.

Best feature in the game which is worth mentioning first is the graphics, which are truly amazing and actually ARE breathtaking, even on low graphics setting which I had to play with (which would lead me to an issue with BF3 later on). I really enjoyed wandering the various battlefields throughout the levels of the game, watching the very fine details and environment.

Story is alright, nothing too good, nothing too bad, it surrounds various characters which is cool and is an excuse for trying to vary your same old banal FPS gameplay with some (rather weak) aircraft mission, and also some tank driving and stealth missions (which, on the contrary, I greatly enjoyed).

You'll find that the campaign always tries to be cinematic, and it is, I personally enjoyed these efforts but I believe that it also comes at expense of the gameplay, when at many occasions throughout the game you'll just find yourself simply running around, following your squad-mates and witnessing some dramatic pre-scripted explosions or other noisydamaging events.

Again, I actually liked the cinematic feeling, but am not sure the hardcore players would find it very enjoyable.

Multiplayer seems good enough, if it only was my thing.. But it isn't. Anyway it's very active until this very day and there are many servers to join, beware that you'd usually need PunkBuster to play multiplayer and that can currently be a nightmare on Windows 10 (from my experience).

And now for the (not very minor) complaints about the game which made me drop the grade to 6:
    First and worst, some issue with sound stuttering caused on dual core processors. After researching around I figured out the issue is not so uncommon, and the only solution is to let BF3 use ONLY ONE processor unit. WHAT THE HELL, EA? That terribly reduced the game performance and made me drop the graphics to the lowest settings possible, or else the game wouldn't be playable at all for me.
    Rather Annoying.

Second, which I guess is quiet common among FPS, but I'll still indicate it. The maps gives you the illusion of very large areas, and as I already mentioned, the magnificent graphics of BF3 just made me want to explore the maps some more than what the scripted events of the campaign let me.
    Alas, there's nothing to explore, whenever you find the time to do so (and at many times you won't) you'd find that the maps are actually not as big as you may feel, and when there are some corners to turn and some untaken roads to venture, they are very empty and insignificant.
    I guess that explorations is really not the main attraction in such game as BF3, but I think it could be great with such amazing graphics to add some collectibles and let the players do some searching around, if he wishes to.

One last thing, the difficulty seemed unbalanced at times, as on NORMAL difficulty, I've faced some sections which felt insanely difficult. At least for me.
    Don't get me wrong, I do like challenges. But I picked NORMAL for a reason, I still want the game to flow, and not replaying the same portion for over 15 times of dying over and over.

I guess that BF3 deserves more than a 6, but based on these experience, this magnificent looking game which I'll probably never ever play again would have to do with a 6.
  21. Nov 3, 2015
    Sem dúvidas, um dos melhores Battlefield. A história do jogo é muito boa, bem superior ao do 4, gráficos bons pra época que foi lançado, jogabilidade perfeita, e sem dúvidas, o melhor multiplayer dos FPS (ou talvez o melhor, hehe), superior ao do 4, na minha opinião. A trilha sonora do jogo não acho lá grandeeee coisa.

História: 9/10 Gráficos: 9/10 Jogabilidade: 9/10 Desempenho: 9/10

História: 9/10
    Gráficos: 9/10
    Jogabilidade: 9/10
    Desempenho: 9/10
    Trilha sonora: 8/10
  22. Oct 25, 2015
    Best Battlefield in the series. Since this game it's gone downhill (I Blame EA) I wish that they would re-release this game on the XBOX ONE and PS4 the only way you can get the full experience out of this game is by owning a PC that can run it at max setting which is rare because most PC's can't run this game and the one's that do cost over £700 so you have to be rich to play it.Best Battlefield in the series. Since this game it's gone downhill (I Blame EA) I wish that they would re-release this game on the XBOX ONE and PS4 the only way you can get the full experience out of this game is by owning a PC that can run it at max setting which is rare because most PC's can't run this game and the one's that do cost over £700 so you have to be rich to play it.
    Hopefully one day the talented DICE developers will leave EA and get another publisher because at the moment I can only see this once great franchise going downhill. :L
  23. Sep 22, 2015
    good game nice, graphic have potencial with bad company 2 go and buy it, this is good ea game game. yes ea its not more good, but thx dice from your work on bf3 but your fails bf4
  24. Sep 10, 2015
    After sitting and getting some real time in i think this was a great game by dice they never really slack when it comes to their games. Alot of people are kind of down on the single player witch i really like and as for the online play well it's the best out their MW3 can't even come close to what bf3 can do. The nice thing is dice does not rush out a copy everyyear but maybe with as muchAfter sitting and getting some real time in i think this was a great game by dice they never really slack when it comes to their games. Alot of people are kind of down on the single player witch i really like and as for the online play well it's the best out their MW3 can't even come close to what bf3 can do. The nice thing is dice does not rush out a copy everyyear but maybe with as much as this game has sold we will see bf4 and more of frostbite next year. I hope they are useing forstbite on the new mirrors edge. Expand
  25. Aug 31, 2015
    i love this game. love it!!!!! its better than mw3 and gears 3. sure the campaign is dumb but the mulitplayer is fantasic. the sound design the graphics. everything is amazing. and coop too. but campaign is kinda boring to play.
  26. Aug 15, 2015
    Battlefield 4 is a game that excites people who came from BF3 and even the players of the most recent Battlefield franchise game, Hardline. Even on today's standards the graphics look amazing and the gameplay feels really rich. The additional prices in the other hand are a huge bummer. DLCs after DLCs and of course if you don't want to buy them separately, there is premium for you thatBattlefield 4 is a game that excites people who came from BF3 and even the players of the most recent Battlefield franchise game, Hardline. Even on today's standards the graphics look amazing and the gameplay feels really rich. The additional prices in the other hand are a huge bummer. DLCs after DLCs and of course if you don't want to buy them separately, there is premium for you that costs like 60 bucks. 60 bucks. A price of another game. So if you want all out of the game, you have to pay the price of two games. You might wanna consider that before you buy Battlefield 4. Nevertheless, the game is a multiplayer oriented because the story line is **** and short in the campaign. Why did I give this game 9 out of 10 points ? Because when you pay all the additional prices the game is really good. A lot of equipment, guns, vehicles, 4 different classes and big a variety of maps. Expand
  27. Jun 5, 2015
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaa aaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aa aaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa aaaa aaaaaaaa aaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a aaaaaaaaaa a
  28. May 21, 2015
    Story: You play as Staff Sergeant Henry Blackburn, a member of the U.S. Marine Corps, who is being interrogated by CIA agents due to events that occurred during his time in The Middle East. The goal of the CIA agents are to find out the possible whereabouts of a potential nuke, and you play most of the story in flashbacks. The story expands to feature multiple settings, including: Iran,Story: You play as Staff Sergeant Henry Blackburn, a member of the U.S. Marine Corps, who is being interrogated by CIA agents due to events that occurred during his time in The Middle East. The goal of the CIA agents are to find out the possible whereabouts of a potential nuke, and you play most of the story in flashbacks. The story expands to feature multiple settings, including: Iran, Iraq, Paris, the Azerbaijani border, and New York City. I'll give credit to the unique settings, solid voice acting, and the small amount of tension that stems from the conflict in this story; but this story was BORING. Blackburn, despite talking in the cutscenes, is mute during gameplay, none of the characters are like-able and show little interesting personality, and the story is told out-of-order, making for some confusing moments in the story. In the end, no one plays Battlefield for the story, and for good reason. 4/10

Gameplay: Gunfights during the campaign are pretty solid due to how the guns feel when you use them. They have recoil and feel realistic. This makes firefights a little more interesting than what they could have been. I'm disappointed though by the lack of destruction in the campaign, plus you don't get to use some of the cool gadgets that much, besides in scripted sequences. The AI is pretty standard affair, but I HATE how if you get to close to them, they panic-knife and instantly kill you. In some of the CQB sections of the game, this can lead to frustration instantly. So all-in-all, the gameplay is nothing memorable. 5/10

Graphics: Where this game shines is in its graphics department. This game came out in 2011, and it still holds up against some of the recent game releases. The campaign cutscenes look nice, the lighting and textures are all fully-realized and look great, and the destruction effects are cool. My only complaints are that some of the character movements and models don't look impressive, the vehicle collisions could be better, and the blue tint detracts from the quality of the visuals. But outside of that, the visuals are great. 8/10

Sound: Another high for BF3 are its high-quality sound designs. Every aspect in this game, from gun sounds to vehicle sounds, have excellent sound design. Simply great. 9/10

Multiplayer: The main part of this review is definitely the MP, and it delivers. To start off, unlike BC2, you only get 4 infantry classes, each with their own exclusive set of weapons. They are: Assault--using assault rifles and healing and reviving teammates on the battlefield; Engineer--repairs friendly vehicles and attacks enemy ones while using carbines; Support--keeps the team going with ammunition while being aggressive to the enemy team with light-machine guns, C4s, and mortars (screw those things!); and Recon--provides tactical assistance to the team by spotting enemies and sniping them. The Assault class is the most popular due to being able to heal himself, but the rest have their own quirks still. There are also an abundance of land, air, and sea vehicles to use on some maps and during some modes, a lengthy ranking system that goes up 145 levels, 9 different maps which compliment the main modes, a solid netcode, and a couple dozen guns and gadgets to use. There're even 6 solid co-op missions with their own storyline and great teamplay mechanics which involve you and your partner controlling an attack chopper together, and several stealth sections where communication is key. Classic game modes like Conquest and Rush also return along with standard Team/Squad Deathmatches, and the great map design makes these modes more enjoyable. There are great things to say about this game, but there are also some bad things to say about it. When it comes to weapon balance, I can't help but get annoyed anytime someone kills me with a semi-auto shotgun. The Saiga 12K, DAO -12, and M1014 often kill pretty quickly, and because you can spam them, you can die pretty quickly from them with the killer not requiring much skill since these are easy-to-use. The Assault class also suffers from some balancing issues with guns like the M16A3, M416, and AEK-971 outperforming other guns in the category. The suppression feature in this game--where if you shoot close to an enemy, their screen gets blurry, allowing you or your teammates to finish that guy off--is WAY TOO STRONG to the point where you almost can't see anything once you're suppressed. The defibrillator, an Assault gadget where you revive teammates with it, is also annoying with medics spamming revives at you even though you keep getting killed as you get up. Combine that with a few other annoying gadgets, and you'll start getting sick of gadgets in general. One final big sin is the progression system where you'll need a few hundred kills to unlock all the attachments for a gun. Despite all these sins though, the MP can still be fun to play. 8/10

Verdict: At only $20, I'll say this game is definitely worth the price. Buy it.

Rating: 8/10
  29. Apr 3, 2015
    Battlefield 3 is more spectacular than Battlefield Bad Company 2. The story is slightly weaker, but how to spend the game is simply awesome. Many missions have remained in my head because of how they were made.
  30. Jan 27, 2015
    This game is devoid of anything like "Battlefield 2" calling it Battlefield 3 is the first mistake.

Squad chat voice chat
    Rose menu
    Servers and Latency with the netcode == punched in the face with sloppy spaghetti.

This is more like a Bad company game with Net play
  31. Jan 24, 2015
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME UNLESS YOUR PC IS PERFECT! i bought this game some time ago when i got myself a new PC. i had heard people raving about it all over the place so i thought i would give it a try. i went through an unnecessarily complicated and long winded installation only to find it impossible to play. i looked into it and despite my pc being the right system requirements it wasDO NOT BUY THIS GAME UNLESS YOUR PC IS PERFECT! i bought this game some time ago when i got myself a new PC. i had heard people raving about it all over the place so i thought i would give it a try. i went through an unnecessarily complicated and long winded installation only to find it impossible to play. i looked into it and despite my pc being the right system requirements it was apparently not enough. so i upgraded my RAM to solve this issue. still not enough. i look into it again and apparently its still not enough. basically it seems that unless your PC is made to run this game, you will never get to play it. even with everything either turned off or on minimum and the lowest resolution possible it is still too slow to actually play.
    a quick look around on the net showed that this is a widespread issue. so go on-line and find out if you can run it DO NOT pay attention to the system requirements it states. its a shame as it looked like a good game and i was really looking forward to it. so as i type i am removing it and will then throw it in the bin.
    i found everything about it vague when trying to get started. after a lengthy installation it then did an even longer update. a total of 19 hours, just to get started (and i have never had that much time from ANY other games). then you cant just play but instead you have to download even more things as you access it from the internet even for single player. after all that i was met with a low resolution, laggy, buggy and intolerable mess.
    basically it seems that unless you are already an intensive gamer with a high end PC the price of this game is actually in the hundreds of pounds. i cannot find any appropriate words for my disappointment as far as this game is concerned. the footage i had seen elsewhere looked amazing, but it seems that it was not PC footage. the cost involved in making my PC capable of running this game is more than it would be to buy a PlayStation and the game and not have the issues. as it is i have spent £80 and too many hours on trying to make it work and its all wasted.

of all the games i have bought this is the worst. by all means buy it but go on-line and find out the real requirements before parting with your hard earned cash and time. EA have successfully made a pastime into hard and infuriating work.
  32. Dec 17, 2014
    Not a good game, EA is doing their best to earn money by releasing a broken game

Please avoid this or any next BF game. Because they have ruined so many franchises.
  33. Dec 7, 2014
    BF3 is a mediocre game. My breakdown is as follows:

1. Graphics: 8/10 - excellent, even on low-end rigs
    2. Gameplay: 7/10 - great controls and satisfying experience with good sound effects. In campaign, excessive lighting occasionally affects gameplay.
    3. Story: 2/10 - not interesting or engaging at all
    4. Multiplayer: 7/10 - competitive and fun

Overall, an average game.
  34. Nov 28, 2014
    The campaign was a big crap! Only the multiplayer worth playing. It"s well programmed, has great graphics but sometimes it could frustrating when can't kill. Other problem is that the Battlelog is very buggy.
  35. Nov 21, 2014
    This game was a 9.5/10, but that was is 2013. Only get this game if you want to play Conquest on the stock maps, there are hardly any servers actually running this game.
  36. Nov 18, 2014
    This game is the BEST Battlefield. have a great multiplayer and singleplayer (HATERS GONNA HATE)
    I Love the Battlefield Franchise (Im not a fanboy guys.. ) :)
  37. Oct 15, 2014
    This game has great graphics and the gameplay is awesome. I'm Colonel level 100 so I've been around the game awhile. In the beginning the game was amazing, and since BF4 has came out, the support for BF3 has gone to crap. I rarely play anymore because I ran into at least 2-3 cheaters a day while playing online.

The campaign is very short, so online is the only option to keep this game

The campaign is very short, so online is the only option to keep this game from being very boring. Also they're not as many servers as they once had, so your choices aren't limited per say, but not as wide as before.

With all that being said, I would highly recommend anybody who loves FPS to play this game as it's worth it. I would of given it a score of 10, but I docked 1 point for the lack of support the game has now since BF4, and I docked another point because one problem this series has always had is the developers never leave the game alone and I mean they're always tampering with it. So with all the updates comes issues right after another, they never let the game be.
  38. Oct 14, 2014
    One of the best games of the franchise. Great maps, vehicles and weapon balance, it's really a tough decision which weapon to use because all are good. There are good maps for every game mode. The vehicles are fun and not annoying. But unfortunately there are some netcode problem but they aren't too much of an issue. Also the game isn't very "reliable" which means you can get problems withOne of the best games of the franchise. Great maps, vehicles and weapon balance, it's really a tough decision which weapon to use because all are good. There are good maps for every game mode. The vehicles are fun and not annoying. But unfortunately there are some netcode problem but they aren't too much of an issue. Also the game isn't very "reliable" which means you can get problems with the game crashing or always getting kicked by punkbuster. But there are solutions for that and the game itself is amazing. Expand
  39. Sep 23, 2014
    This game is horrible on PC and full of stupid bugs that do not make any kind of sense. I have never been so frustrated on any single player campaign on my life. I also have the game on my Xbox 360 and guess what, there are no bugs and even if the graphics are not so good on Xbox the playability and everything else works better console. I have heard a lot from PC gamers so I decided toThis game is horrible on PC and full of stupid bugs that do not make any kind of sense. I have never been so frustrated on any single player campaign on my life. I also have the game on my Xbox 360 and guess what, there are no bugs and even if the graphics are not so good on Xbox the playability and everything else works better console. I have heard a lot from PC gamers so I decided to test the game also on PC and what do I get?

Here is small list why this game sucks on PC; Glitches that prevent you from opening door or some NPC can’t boost you over a wall because next waypoint does not trigger for some reason. NPCs can and will go through objects and leave you in locked room with no way out so you need to reset to last checkpoint in order to get out of the room. Enemy NPCs have sometimes aimbot directed only to you and none of them are shooting at other NPCs. Even the game interface sucks because you need to have a certain web browser installed that you can install a plugin to it so you can access EA website and you will have to create account or use your old one even to play single player. This kind of DRM is why I hate EA.

At least on Xbox version you have a main menu and you can play single player without any kind of delays and stupid browser add-ons. Also on Xbox the multiplayer accessibility is much easier. This leaves me to wonder why PC players get second rate product compared to console players.

There are only two things that PC version has that Xbox version lacks. Better graphics and ability to use keyboard and mouse that’s all.
  40. Sep 20, 2014
    Mixed feelings about this game. On one hand I was expecting more, it was supposed to be the "true BF2 successor", but it wasn't. On the other hand it's a game which gave me thousands of hours of entertainment, because it was pure fun. Different people will have different opinions about it, especially because it tries to gather different type of players, so it's very difficult to give aMixed feelings about this game. On one hand I was expecting more, it was supposed to be the "true BF2 successor", but it wasn't. On the other hand it's a game which gave me thousands of hours of entertainment, because it was pure fun. Different people will have different opinions about it, especially because it tries to gather different type of players, so it's very difficult to give a "balanced" review. It's a fun game once you start understanding the mechanics but don't expect it to be a "true successor". The only thing most people agree with is that the campaign was very bad. I really enjoyed it but at the same time it left me with a bad taste about games in general Expand
  41. Sep 9, 2014
    Singleplayer was just thrown in there because it would be rude to make this a multiplayer only game. I'd say the MP balancing isnt that bad. I need 10 more letters to 150, so.
  42. Sep 5, 2014
    excellent game, am not usually found of 1st person shooter games, but really loved this game... story,game-play,graphics are all awesome..... single player campaign is great..... one of teh best game i ever played
  43. Aug 16, 2014
    I cannot seem to recall a worse single player experience, ever.
    It's a claustrophobic experience where you are denied any choices of your own. The entire game is like an cinematic scripted event.
    I cannot seem to recall a worse single player experience, ever.
    If you even at all think for yourself, you're punished. You're not allowed to explore the map, if you kill enemies in any other order than the script wanted you to, they'll respawn. If you try clearing a mission differently or walk ahead for the same destination, it won't work.

This review does not include any opinions on multiplayer. But I'm guessing the game would have been better off as multiplayer only.
  44. Aug 14, 2014
    Even though it is a classical shooter game, i liked it a lot. I liked enemy's AI and it was as hard as i want. Graphics are still awesome, the story line is really good(i loved the ending) even if it is completely linear you know from the start that this is this kind of game. EA is master of making action titles like BF3, i am not yet on BF 4 but i am planning on the near future and i amEven though it is a classical shooter game, i liked it a lot. I liked enemy's AI and it was as hard as i want. Graphics are still awesome, the story line is really good(i loved the ending) even if it is completely linear you know from the start that this is this kind of game. EA is master of making action titles like BF3, i am not yet on BF 4 but i am planning on the near future and i am waiting like crazy for the Mirror's Edge 2.

What i "hate" about EA right now is the origin setup. I really dislike the thing that when i want to play a game i have to start it from Origin first, then go to the link in the internet browser and from there push the play button and after this the game will start. Come on you made the easiest thing in the world to be the most difficult, you are EA find a solution for this system it is disfunctional non-iser friendly at all.

For this reason i am giving a 6 out of 10, with the hope someday EA will decide to fix the "start problem"
  45. Jul 28, 2014
    Playing the latest entry into the Battlefield series (Battlefield4) i was unhappy due to Electronic Arts early release so i went back to BF3 and probably played for at least five hours because throughout the entire time of my playing BF3 the thought of how a true game is made kept on running through my head. I guess this is a rant more than a review but battlefield4 is so far the worstPlaying the latest entry into the Battlefield series (Battlefield4) i was unhappy due to Electronic Arts early release so i went back to BF3 and probably played for at least five hours because throughout the entire time of my playing BF3 the thought of how a true game is made kept on running through my head. I guess this is a rant more than a review but battlefield4 is so far the worst battlefield on current generation consoles due to many game breaking glitches and bugs when i unlock a new gun and are forced to use the horrendous iron sights the sights have a iron block in between the sight lines which takes many rounds to disappear. I also experience something i call the purple glitch which just turns my map into a flash purple mess its like being on the inside of a purple disco ball. If only EA was like they used to be. In my book Battlefield3 is the best game EA might possibly release because Hardline looks like it is going to have a hard time being sold. Expand
  46. Jul 26, 2014
    Last Played: July 2014
    PROS: + Not too hard, your standard shooter bloody goodness
    CONS: - Really stupid AI teammates hinder more often than help - Additional software required for online play (punkbuster) REVIEW: Note that this is only a review of the single player campaign, since you have to allow EA to spy on you to play online. Well, I'll be honest right from the start in saying
    Last Played: July 2014
    PROS: + Not too hard, your standard shooter bloody goodness

REVIEW: Note that this is only a review of the single player campaign, since you have to allow EA to spy on you to play online. Well, I'll be honest right from the start in saying that shooters aren't my favorite genre. That being said, sometimes there is no substitute for gunning down really stupid AI in a relatively easy game-which is what this is. No health bar, lots of ammo and extremely stupid AI who will run across killing fields because they don't want to sit still for more than 5sec. Still, if you stand out in the open it won't take much to kill you on Normal mode - though running and gunning with a shotgun is surprisingly effective when you consider how important cover is otherwise.

Cons include extremely frustrating moments when a scripted AI teammate shoves you into heavy fire to get to their pre-recorded post-I wanted to shoot those idiots more than once-especially since their only function seems to be to draw enemy fire-they will engage enemies nearly indefinitely without killing them unless you do so yourself. Furthermore, in order to play online you have to give EA explicit permission to access your computer via their "punkbuster" software. This is supposed to prevent cheating, which is a noble goal, but it's as invasive as a full rectal exam just to go to the public pool-yeah it will help prevent disease, but you wouldn't see me lining up to have somebody stick their arm up in my business just so I can splash around with the dorky preteens.

Sometimes EA offers the game free to hook you into buying the DLC. I'd say it's worth $0, but if you can't get it for this, pass.
  47. Jul 11, 2014
    Note: this review judges the current state of the game and not when it was launched.
    In light of the newer Battlefield title, Battlefield Hardline I decided to write my review of Battlefield 3.
    As many of you already know Battlefield is all about the multiplayer,so I will give very little attention to the short and linear 4 hour long campaign with zero memorable characters and a cliche find the nuke plot.
    Even the co-op mode that is definitely better than the campaign lacks the mission variety and the replay value to even bother playing it. With all that said lets move the mutiplayer game that is the real reason why people buy this game. I should mention though as a side note that to all the people that claim that Battlefield 3 is a realistic shooter are deeply wrong. Battlefield is as much realistic as COD or any other block buster FPS game. Battlefield has a great variety of maps that you can play. From the huge open fields of the Armored Kill expansion to the tiny maps of the Close Quarters expansion. Battlefield is a game that heavily depends on the quality of the maps and that explains why the Battlefield franchise in general has one of the best maps in the gaming world. Although while Battlefield 3 has many good and fresh maps many are very poorly designed. I can say from personal experience that the last 2 expansions of Battlefield 3 brought to us one of the worst maps in the Battlefield history. From the clunky Aftermath expansion maps to the boring End Game expansion maps that have no spawn defense in capture the flag mode that can lead to many game breaking situations. For example I remember once that an enemy tanked drove behind our base to spawn kill everyone. The poor protection of the bases that the terrain offers made it impossible for us to dodge or even attempt to react to the tank threat. We ended up loosing heavily. Battlefield is a game that is heavily depended on team work. When you have a good team you will have a blast playing. The 4 classes in Battlefield 3 allow the team to support each other and play as a team. The medic heals and revives, the support gives ammo, the engineer fixes friendly and the recon can be the eyes of your team. Unfortunately in most games people play just for the sake of playing, ignoring the match objectives and just rushing towards the closest enemy. And that's why you end up a lot playing as a solo player. Battlefield's 3 most famous game mode is conquest that can perfectly suits the multiplayer maps. Battlefield 3 has also rush mode that is basically protect the objective type of game. The defender team protects 2 objective while the attack team tries to destroy, if they succeed you retreat to the next position. This continues until all positions are taken by the enemy and the enemy team wins or the time runs out and the defender team wins. In my opinion those are the best modes in Battlefield that provide the most fun. The other game modes feel like you are playing a normal FPS game that just is not as fun as the Rush and Conquest mode.
    In conclusion battlefield 3 is a fun game with great maps and modes for the most part, but requires a good community to play it with. And unfortunately most of the time you end up being with a bad unfocused team that ignores the objectives.
  48. Jun 27, 2014
    Almost the best shooter nowadays, but ruins the experience the fact, that you feel like u paid for a F2P game, cuz u get only the 25%(or less) of the content if you dont buy DLCs or a Premium account.
  49. Jun 14, 2014
    Battlefield 3 is one of the best games that i've ever played, the graphics are excellent (even better than Battlefield 4), the gameplay are almost perfect, the game have not so much bugs, the loadings are a bit long, the campaign is a bit boring sometimes and the story is very simple, and the physics are a bit odd when you are falling. I really recommend you play BF3 because it is aBattlefield 3 is one of the best games that i've ever played, the graphics are excellent (even better than Battlefield 4), the gameplay are almost perfect, the game have not so much bugs, the loadings are a bit long, the campaign is a bit boring sometimes and the story is very simple, and the physics are a bit odd when you are falling. I really recommend you play BF3 because it is a magnificent game and today its very cheap, i bought mine for $10 in origin. Thanks for the attention and sorry for my bad english. Expand
  50. Jun 13, 2014
    I seldom give a ugly 0 to any game indeed, but I have to give BF3 a 0 because I really can't start a game properly. Internet in Australia is metered, and I spent 21GB of data to download this game. Fair enough, I got it for free. I can't help my thrilling to start the game, and it opened a browser window? Battlelog? WTF? Oops looks like they think start the game with browser is cool,I seldom give a ugly 0 to any game indeed, but I have to give BF3 a 0 because I really can't start a game properly. Internet in Australia is metered, and I spent 21GB of data to download this game. Fair enough, I got it for free. I can't help my thrilling to start the game, and it opened a browser window? Battlelog? WTF? Oops looks like they think start the game with browser is cool, although I can't agree with them. I started to get annoyed when the game asks you to install a plugin for browser. And I can't start a game. The game simply crashed. I asked my friend they said it's pretty common and they encountered different error message so just try logging in for another some time. Alright alright fair enough fair enough. But the problem resisted. I tried searching for remedy for this issue, and they said battlefield 3 has some compatibility issue with operating systems whose system locale are not in English. I switched my "language in non-Unicode software" to English. Although it caused some troubles but so far so good, I logged into the game! Hooray! Then I tried to queue for multiplayer, and I got kicked for some "PunkBuster" issue? The game asked me to go to a site called evenbalance to update my PunkBuster, I bloodily just installed my copy today and you asked me to go to a site whose design is like in mid-90s and manually update this bloody malware-like stuff which was released on 2012? Fine, fine. Even it's like 10 steps to update this stuff I still proceeded with great effort and humblest patience, with several restarts and file-copying. And PunkBuster itself crashed constantly with a dialog with a lot of question marks which is totally unreadable. I just couldn't bear so I gave it up. Maybe if I didn't get it for free I'll try harder to tackle these problems. I am totally surprised for the amount of bugs it contains even it has already been released for 3 years, EA still hasn't fixed them. Although SimCity for which I paid $60 was a nightmare, BF3 seems has a reasonably higher critic score. But I spend like 3 hours trying to start playing but I can't. I didn't get this game for training my skills to find solutions to various bugs. Goodbye EA I wouldn't buy anything from you in the future and good luck. Expand
  51. Jun 13, 2014
    BF3 is meant for multiplayer. that being said the campaign is mediocre and short. but the multiplayer is fun with big maps which can accommodate 64 players. it has some great game modes and good weapon customization.
  52. Jun 9, 2014
    This FPS is slightly better than most of the FPS games I have played. However, improvements are needed. Furthermore, something has to be added to BF3 to make it unique. The reason behind this is because BF3, just like most other FPS games like call of duty, are identical to each other.

However, I would like to commend the graphics. I was able to play this game in my old laptop, and it did not have a single lag in the FPS despite the high graphics. Furthermore, the gameplay is quite realistic. This is the reason why i am giving this game an 8.
  53. Jun 7, 2014
    It's close to perfect. The gameplay is fun and the maps are huge. I recommend getting this and not bf4.
    Still, i can't seem to get more than 20fps even tho bf4 runs on 70+fps...Oh, and i'm going to say 1 word...
    PREMIUM..
  54. Jun 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. My Rectum was bleeding after playing solid 70000000000000000 hours of BlattleFlied 3 and then my pengois got hard and i came,TITIES TITIES TITIES ASS ADD **** Expand
  55. Jun 1, 2014
    Игра достойная 10 балов. Сколько прошло времени, а пользуется такой популярностью. Есть незначительные ошибки, но простительны. Динамичный мультиплеер и не плохая кампания, но на один-два раза прохождения.
  56. May 31, 2014
    DO NOT BUY. Although this is game has more than enjoyable multiplayer, the PC version is utterly broken and is a disaster on so many levels. The game always opens Battlelog when I open BF3 and the game always says "Origin is not installed" when I try to connect to a server.
    Well, at least it was free... Sigh.....
  57. May 22, 2014
    Delete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my reviewDelete my review
  58. May 13, 2014
    Увлекательный сюжет. Огромные возможности движка. Потрясающий геймплей. Ну и конечно же, куча доната!
  59. Apr 26, 2014
    Overall, this game is a very nice, fun and exciting FPS. It is actually one of my favourite FPS games of all time. This is because of the amount of strategies you can use in this game. Most of these are unusable in COD. The only problem is that you have to buy Battlefield 3 : Premium Membership to full experience what the multiplayer has to offer. In the end I bought it, and I have to sayOverall, this game is a very nice, fun and exciting FPS. It is actually one of my favourite FPS games of all time. This is because of the amount of strategies you can use in this game. Most of these are unusable in COD. The only problem is that you have to buy Battlefield 3 : Premium Membership to full experience what the multiplayer has to offer. In the end I bought it, and I have to say it is worth the extra £30.
    Overall, I've had many hours of fun playing this game, but having to purchase premium might not encourage everyone to play this.
  60. Apr 25, 2014
    2 балла за эффекты и более милую скушную одиночную кампанию. Мультиплеер коль его почти все так боготворили ранее чуть отличается от колдовского. Сказать честно мне совершенно не понравилось играть при синюшной цветокоррекции, постоянном смазывании экрана и большом колл-вом постоянно всплывающих спеццэффектов. Это всё эффектно и красиво, но абсолютно мешает разглядеть противника и играть с2 балла за эффекты и более милую скушную одиночную кампанию. Мультиплеер коль его почти все так боготворили ранее чуть отличается от колдовского. Сказать честно мне совершенно не понравилось играть при синюшной цветокоррекции, постоянном смазывании экрана и большом колл-вом постоянно всплывающих спеццэффектов. Это всё эффектно и красиво, но абсолютно мешает разглядеть противника и играть с комфортом вообще. Об изрядном доминировании странностей в виде багов и говорить не стоит. Физика. Баланс. Скушные карты. Бессмысленное времяпровождение за прокачкой. Всё это сводит меня сказать, что об Battlefield 3 слишком много рассказывали хорошего. И ничего интресного там нет. Пустая трата денег. Expand
  61. Mar 28, 2014
    Ok, 4 categories im gonna review this game on:
    Graphics: 10% of the score:(on max/near max)
    Sound: 10% of the score
    Gameplay: 60% of the score
    Longevity: 20% of the score
    10, without premium 9
    Final verdict: 9, but giving it a 10 to balance out the trollvotes/people with rose tinted glasses on their eyes/cod fanboys
  62. Feb 22, 2014
    One of the most over hyped and over liked games ever made! People are so blind to see how many problems this games has
    TDM spawns are almost 100% broken
    Story is short and horrible There are so so many glitch's that have not been fixed since the game was in BETA! Maps like metro and canals are beyond broken and about the guns? well just use the m16 it is the MOST OVER POWERED gun in
    TDM spawns are almost 100% broken
    Story is short and horrible
    Maps like metro and canals are beyond broken
    and about the guns? well just use the m16 it is the MOST OVER POWERED gun in the game and on top of that ITS THE MOST OVER USED gun in the game even people that are level 100 are using this gun with it being the number one gun they use! It takes zero skill to use!
    also claymores are almost 100% useless because they don't go off when people run over them
    and hit detection was fine for some time but if you try to play now LOL good luck
    and don't forget those times where you die in cover almost 5 seconds after you hear gun fire oh and spawning in the enemy spawns (Like 2 feet away from 30 enemy's mostly happens in tdm)
    Only a fanboy would defend a game like this or some one whos never played a battlefield game before bf3 and if you want a EVEN WORSE GAME BY LIKE 30% go play battlefield 4!
  63. Feb 15, 2014
    This game is too buggy. There are still many people like me can't even start the game or crash pretty easily after some updates. We are not buying a game to "fix" it or keep finding solutions on the Internet.
  64. Feb 9, 2014
    This is a review of the singleplayer and co-op only. Both modes are absolutely terrible. Coop is short and none of the missions are fun at all, to add to the pain they completely lack checkpoints and, like the main campaign, have quick time events. So, if you miss a quick time event at the end of a level, you have to start it all over again. The sniper mission is particularly bad. TheThis is a review of the singleplayer and co-op only. Both modes are absolutely terrible. Coop is short and none of the missions are fun at all, to add to the pain they completely lack checkpoints and, like the main campaign, have quick time events. So, if you miss a quick time event at the end of a level, you have to start it all over again. The sniper mission is particularly bad. The singleplayer story is contrived and nonsensical. I had no idea what was going on and honestly I didn't give a damn. None of the missions were any fun. Even the tank mission was quite boring. It's filled up scripted events and other CoD bull crap. I didn't bother playing the multiplayer since it's yet another modern themed shooter and I have way too many of those to begin with. Pass on this garbage. Expand
  65. Feb 9, 2014
    Why so people are confident that Battlefield 3 is the best multiplayer shooter?Why?

From all other multiplayer projects it is largely different, I do not argue, but to call it the best multiplayer shooter is overkill.What does it do this? Battlelog terrible,balance commands zero,terrible suppression system.Behavior terrible weapons, particularly no damage,graphics oiled soap.Why this game is a game to be the best? I'm not understanding.

As well there is the single player campaign, which has a good sense of presence, but that its pros zakanchivayutsya.Syuzhet Pressed again Russian bad, Americans are saving again all gameplay zero-shooting stupid stupid bots, diluted scripted scenes

Conclusion: Do not buy because you do not get fun playing it, it's better to leave something useful.
  66. Feb 3, 2014
    Story: 7 out of 10, Graphics: 10 out of 10, Fun: 7 out of 10, Controls: 7 out of 10, Ease to Learn: 7 out of 10, Length: 8 out of 10, Re-play: 3 out of 10, Value: 7 out of 10

Just didn't draw me in for some reason (story? controls? clanky?). I loved Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare much more than this game. Played the CoD4: Modern Warfare game on the Playstation 3 and enjoyed using the PS3 controller more than the mouse/keyboard for Battlefield 3; this may be the difference in my enjoyment.
  67. Feb 1, 2014
    The strength of this game is based almost only on the multiplayer. The story is not worth remembering.
    PROS:
    +The multiplayer is very well balanced. +Amazingly wide variety of weapon customization. +The maps are pretty good. I'm not a fan of the large maps, but a lot of people are. +You got a lot of say of the track of the game (multiplayer) by just playing. Everyone has the pressure
    PROS:
    +The multiplayer is very well balanced.
    +Amazingly wide variety of weapon customization.
    +You got a lot of say of the track of the game (multiplayer) by just playing. Everyone has the pressure of making or breaking the game.
    +There are glitches. "Isn't that a bad thing?" you may ask. No, because it is hilarious!
    CONS:
    -The story sucks. I don't need to into detail, it's just bad.
    -The multiplayer isn't noob friendly. If you're new to FPS, get a CoD game with bots for practice.
    -The planes and tanks in the multiplayer are more of an annoyance then anything.
    -Web-based game, because EA hates their fans or something.
    -EA
    I don't know. Do like multiplayer? Get it. If you want a game with value, don't.
  68. Jan 25, 2014
    Launching a game from a browser with special plugins is beyond ridiculous. First EA makes you install Origin because they refuse to use the way superior Steam, but then their own DRM doesn't seem enough so they have to add yet another DRM? Can't play when EA's servers act up again.

Sabotaging your own modding community to sell more absurdly expensive and content-lacking DLCs is in poor taste.

Everything needs to be unlocked, casual gaming is incredibly boring.

The campaign is mediocre at best. The storyline is absurd, the quick time events misplaced and annoying, the close combat is staged and the enemy doesn't seem to do anything else than run wave after wave in my sights. The dogfighting was repetitive and not exciting at all.

Only good thing I can name are the sound effects, they are absolutely incredible. Most realistic gunshots I've heard in a game.

All in all, they should have stopped at 2.
  69. Jan 16, 2014
    Battlefield 3 takes many steps in the right direction. Suppression, customizations, return of prone, 64 player maps, and a bunch of additional modes. However, DICE loses some points by making practically all of these additional game modes "premium" content (meaning you have to pay another $30 bucks to unlock them).

DICE demonstrates once again they know how to make games with huge

DICE demonstrates once again they know how to make games with huge learning curves. Only the most persistent (or masochistic) will make it beyond a few games. Death comes far too quickly and often from nowhere. Vehicles are too few and too powerful. Experienced pilots can effectively lockdown an entire 64 player map with just two jets.

Complaints aside, the game can be a lot of fun. Though it makes me long for the simpler days of Battlefield 2 or even 1942.
  70. Jan 6, 2014
    One of the best multiplayer fps games I know I really enjoy this game. The graphics are amazing The maps are all very good There are gamemodes and maps for every taste From close quarters to vehicle combat only
  71. Jan 1, 2014
    As we know this is a classic of the online multiplayer shooters and many people played it, before Battlefield 4 lowered the numbers of players using part 3. It wouldn't be a rating if i wouldn't rate both, the single and multiplayer but i feel very disapointed in the campaing mode. With a few hours of gameplay it's long enough to be not only a tutorial but it just feels like a corridor youAs we know this is a classic of the online multiplayer shooters and many people played it, before Battlefield 4 lowered the numbers of players using part 3. It wouldn't be a rating if i wouldn't rate both, the single and multiplayer but i feel very disapointed in the campaing mode. With a few hours of gameplay it's long enough to be not only a tutorial but it just feels like a corridor you have to pass through the way the designers wanted it to be. I so pissed when i have to play Blackburn and so happy for every moment i can play as Dima., caused by the better levels with him. Sometimes when you could easily dodge the crappy quicktime events the game won't let you e.g. kill your opponent on the spot. How difficult can real story telling be...
    The Multiplayer saves the day but it seems to be hard for newbies to compete with worser weapons and no attachments. There is no need for that stuff if you look back to to original 1942 where you actaully had 4 loadouts and nothing more it was real fun. Well not everyone has the money for the shortcut bundle which must be enormous waste....

Singleplayer pro:
    + nice AI that also uses knives if you forget one of them and just walk to close
    + A story that has something like a interesting idea and is told by interuptable movies
    + Different tasks with different vehicles
    + Dimas Levels give you freedom of your strategy
    + Graphics are nice and most times the levels look good
    + Chars seem to be alive with all sorts of conversation going on
    cons.:
    - Quicktime events everywhere. I felt like constantly beeing a fool by this and having no choice (even if i got a good gun in my hand...) but tapping into the trap. some of them are really pissing off since fist fights can't be a matter of splitseconds and i actually play a shooter and not a adventure.
    - The Drama of losses pisses me really off... We are at war people die there of both fractions i don't feel like needing to cry for a single guy.
    - Normally I have varoius ways to win over a situation but best way ends in an endless game... there are endless enemies if i outflank them and make headshots from the side, than if i take a seat behind the HMG and spray bullets like stupid with no aim.
    - Corridor shooter: sometimes i have the choice of a 10*10m battlefield even if i see 100 meters. Otherwise we leave the battlefield. There is hardly a choice where to go or even how to kill the enemy.
    - Most stupid tasks ever... Hey driver why don't you run in a suicide mission across the battlefield, there is a 30man troop with no b***** to do it? Why do i need to wait until my vehicle falls apart before i may use my weapons?
    Some Characters seem so damned stupid in the story, that you feel like you wanna crash something heavy on their head. Like they aren't using brains according their information status, but that's needed in a way to keep goin on.

Multiplayer:
    pros:
    + very realistic mechanics
    + revive, medipacks and spawn points aren't here to make it realistic but fun to play and balanced
    + some unlocks make you interested in continuing leveling
    + you can have tanks, jeeps, etc. and it's nicely implemented
    + aircrafts and their easy control management
    + many large and interesting maps
    + good balancing calss is changeable with dead chars
    + not much of cheaters
    + many different modes
    + mostly destructable environment
    + respawn is not automatic and i can change my equipment
    cons:
    - sometimes stil bugs like you get stuck somehwere where you have acually no obstacle
    - crappy webinterface that let's you start the game new for every match
    - too much of unlockables that you need s****loads of time to get them
    - too expensive before the release of part 4 (50€ stil) that prevented more full servers now the user base is shrinking and now the unlocks for 18€
    - pay to win with unlocks and extra stuff for premium; extensions should be more according maps
    - aircrafts dominate too much on the map since flying might be too easy.

Over all it seems to be stil a good alternative to Battlefield 4, which is reported to have many issues after the release. Even if the numbers of players are going down in favor for other games...
  72. Dec 29, 2013
    coming back from BF4 mess and money-making decisions over the gameplay matter i give positive review just to support this BF3 i decide to stay with, and scrap my bf4 .
    BF3 SOLID
  73. Dec 8, 2013

Few years ago I used to play BF1942 a lot. I really enjoyed it. Yesterday I decided to try BF3 because of nostalgia and I wanted to play some FPS with nice graphics. But this game is utter rubbish. Totally unbalanced, sky is full of planes and helicopters, tanks are camping on my spawn, vehicles are overpowered,

Few years ago I used to play BF1942 a lot. I really enjoyed it.

Yesterday I decided to try BF3 because of nostalgia and I wanted to

play some FPS with nice graphics. But this game is utter rubbish.

Totally unbalanced, sky is full of planes and helicopters, tanks are

camping on my spawn, vehicles are overpowered, screen is full of blue

and orange icons, after few minutes of play building are destroyed so

infantry can't hide. Because of IMBA vehicles people don't go anywhere

by foot, they wait on spawn for jets, tanks etc. EA this game so

much I can't believe it. Unplayable rubbish. Oh and I almost forgot you

need to play and play to unlock weapons (or pay). And singleplayer is

basically CoD with all scriptness I hate. While playing single you

can't do a thing, you can't jump of the roof, you can't go whenever you

like, you must exactly follow the script makes singleplayer so

pointless and boring. But hey, graphics are great.

tl;dr; singleplayer is heavily scripted copy of CoD, multiplayer is

unbalanced rubbish. Graphics are great.
  74. Nov 28, 2013
    Battlefield is an amazing super-authentic game with amazing graphics and game play.
    However, the reason for it not being a more high rated game is for it's story.
    A story with no emotion, there are no characters, just figures. If you ask 10 people why did they buy the game at least 8 of them will say because of the multiplayer, And I wouldn't blame them Story sucks, but the online
    However, the reason for it not being a more high rated game is for it's story.
    A story with no emotion, there are no characters, just figures.
    And I wouldn't blame them Story sucks, but the online that's a whole different world!
    Big maps, levolution, variety of weapons, variety of vehicles, awesome graphics, superb effects authentic game play.
    8/10 Taking down the singleplayer aspect and it's a round 10.
  75. Nov 21, 2013
    To start of blandly this games campaign sucked. The online however is a completely different story. It is amazing. The graphics on PC are amazing and soooo HD, the game is filled with mainly mature people unlike the newer COD franchises. The guns and sounds sound very realistic and can be a real job to play. If you don't like infantry gameplay then you can go by tank, helicopter orTo start of blandly this games campaign sucked. The online however is a completely different story. It is amazing. The graphics on PC are amazing and soooo HD, the game is filled with mainly mature people unlike the newer COD franchises. The guns and sounds sound very realistic and can be a real job to play. If you don't like infantry gameplay then you can go by tank, helicopter or even jets to mix up all the action. I would definitely recommend this game!!! Expand
  76. Nov 18, 2013
    Nothing of this game is good. The story is written so poorly, with a cut scene every five minutes. This game is filled with Quick Time events, and even if you fail the quick time event your buddy will come and save you. The game is so easy, I died only once, due to unfair enemies just to make the game seem harder. The voice acting is poor. I feel like I am playing a dumbed down version ofNothing of this game is good. The story is written so poorly, with a cut scene every five minutes. This game is filled with Quick Time events, and even if you fail the quick time event your buddy will come and save you. The game is so easy, I died only once, due to unfair enemies just to make the game seem harder. The voice acting is poor. I feel like I am playing a dumbed down version of Call of Duty Modern Warfare, yeah, I said it! The story is the same as all First Person hand Holders, bad people kill people so we have to kill them. I feel as if I am controlling a robot, this game feels like I am incapable of doing anything myself and has to hold my hand. This game is so short, it is sad. I could spend more time in the first level of Deus Ex than playing this entire game. They pad this just to make it longer. AI characters have to follow you everywhere, treating you like a child! They have to open doors for you! The enemy AI is even worse, walking into your gun fire.
    There is a mission that makes you think you are going to fly a jet, but it is just on rails shooter! Not a good one either. I got so board after five seconds of this piece of crap! I am so offended by this game, why did I spend money on? I want to destroy this game.
    I feel like my computer is about to shoot itself for me just playing this game.
    The shooting just sucks, there is no power to the weapons. All of the weapons are the same, they all fire the same, take the same time to reload, the same amount of ammo to kill an enemy. They all sound as if a cat is sneezing.
    There is regenerating health, are you a star fish x10000 or something?
    Your AI partners are so incapable of killing anyone, I don't even want them there! All they are doing there is just to further the story.
    This game has none of the wakey over-the-top stuff from Call of Duty. Most of the time in this game you are ducked behind cover because the enemy AI shoot a never ending stream of bullets at you. Not that it matters because you are a starfish x10000.
    I feel this game is a step back in human evolution. Yeah the reverse of the Theory of Evolution.

I know a bunch of fan boys will say "Oh this game is for the multiplayer that is what it is the multiplayer is good it is good play the multiplayer it is good"
    BULL CRAP!
    I played the multiplayer, it sucks. It is the normal multiplayer of this generation of First Person Hand Holders. You start with a load out. One thing I can say is load outs suck! Play Half Life's multiplayer where you have to pick up weapons on the map, and if you die you start with a pistol. Load outs make it so you don't have to look around the map. It also gives higher level players an advantage over others because the have better equipment. The whole leveling system sucks anyway I wish games would take it out. They should take a Que from Halo which had a good multiplayer (For this gen)with no load outs!
    It is the same thing over and over, you die, respawn, you kill someone, die, respawn, die, respawn, you kill someone, die, respawn, kill someone, die, respawn, die, respawn, die.

I think this game should be renamed 3"
  77. Nov 17, 2013
    Battlefield 3 is the best battlefield on the current gen consoles but on PC not anymore. It's now BF4 but BF3 is still good. I can hold 64 players and reeks havoc everywhere it goes. This then leads to one thing or another then you realise you are level 100. It takes ages to get to level 10 and I suppose that's a good thing in a way but it's takes to long. So getting to level 100 takesBattlefield 3 is the best battlefield on the current gen consoles but on PC not anymore. It's now BF4 but BF3 is still good. I can hold 64 players and reeks havoc everywhere it goes. This then leads to one thing or another then you realise you are level 100. It takes ages to get to level 10 and I suppose that's a good thing in a way but it's takes to long. So getting to level 100 takes about 600 hours of gameplay. The DLC for this game is great and I have not mentioned the graphics. They are amazing and stunning and just beautiful. However it does loose marks for the blue filter on it. Grrrr.

Overall
    -Good multiplayer
    -Crap Campaign
    -Stunning Graphics
    Score 88/100
  78. Nov 15, 2013
    Could easily be a 9 but the web plugin stuff sucks! Don't get me wrong I like this game, so much, this game is so fun that I played it for 300 hours already. However, it also gave me a lot of headache. I spent I don't know, maybe more than 10 hours fixing it from time to time. I really miss the good old days in BC2 where the server filter is in game, and I like the graphics style in BC2Could easily be a 9 but the web plugin stuff sucks! Don't get me wrong I like this game, so much, this game is so fun that I played it for 300 hours already. However, it also gave me a lot of headache. I spent I don't know, maybe more than 10 hours fixing it from time to time. I really miss the good old days in BC2 where the server filter is in game, and I like the graphics style in BC2 better (The graphics in BF3 is amazing, but I don't like its muddy style)... Expand
  79. Nov 14, 2013
    Battlefield 3 has some amazing looking graphics and gameplay and its been a while since battlefield 2 was out. I bought this on the PC and give it a 9.5 out of 10.
  80. Nov 12, 2013
    Much better in any aspects then BF4 better game theme (US/RU, Blue filter, etc.), better maps for fast/slow game types, it DOESNT CRASH, it is for me may be the best FPS game I ever played and I am starting to think that any future BF wont be so inovative and good to play as BF3. At least with BF4 it looks so far...
  81. Nov 7, 2013
    Sure the campaign story is boring but it offers great actions and looks great.
    What can be said about the on-line experience that have not been said? if you haven't tried it, you have missing on the best FPS online game ever.
    Sure the campaign story is boring but it offers great actions and looks great.
    If you're close quarters action guy, a jet pilot, a tank driver or a sniper that enjoying marking targets for a mile away, BF3 offers everyone something. it offers some many content and ways to enjoy that game.
    Truly as close as it gets to the real thing. MUST have.
  82. Nov 5, 2013
    Really liked the single player game. Much improved from BC2/BC.

Multiplayer is amazing, but not a huge fan of the netcode, getting killed from behind cover is pretty annoying. In cqc most flights end up with you and the other player killing each other at the same time.
  83. Nov 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Decent Shooter with some flaws that hinders enjoyment but it is a good war simulator where you can fly jets to take out your opponents, or have a ground battle with other players. but what about the campaign? The Campaign is closely related to Call of Duty: Black Ops. you know, the protagonist being interrogated and telling stories. Overall. It's a must-get for those who want a great multiplayer experience. Expand
  84. Nov 4, 2013
    Disappointing and falsely advertised. Typical EA.
    Most features which DICE talked about aren't even in the game.
    A huge step backwards from Battlefield 2 in every way.
  85. Nov 2, 2013
    best multiplayer to date!!! its a fantastic game that after playing 160 hours, doesnt get old. the multiplayer is just so awesome!!!! there are tons of vehicles, weapons and accessories. the maps are awesome and mostly have great design. there are few places were the design feels a bit flawed but overall its great and every map feels unique. in its launch the game had a lot of stabilitybest multiplayer to date!!! its a fantastic game that after playing 160 hours, doesnt get old. the multiplayer is just so awesome!!!! there are tons of vehicles, weapons and accessories. the maps are awesome and mostly have great design. there are few places were the design feels a bit flawed but overall its great and every map feels unique. in its launch the game had a lot of stability issues but it s ok now. the netcode (some kind of code in the game) isnt so good. for instance you can get shot even if you got into cover or the game wont do your reload even if you just saw the animation. this moments arent so bad, but in my opinion thats what holds this game back. the game is also a bit glitchy (though they patch it a lot. the multiplayer also has these amazing epic scenes that you get from playing (theyre name is battlefield moments). theyre not artificial and thyre really awesome and epic.
    the campaign is good, though pretty linear. the story is told in flashback (i dont really like this and isnt really special but its good enough to keep you in it. the missions are cool, even if near the end they can get a bit repetetive (the way shooters tend to do). the game is also beautiful, and one of the best looking games i have ever seen both in multiplayer and singleplayer). the games textures and effects are amazing, and they the game to a new level. there are also 6 co op missions, which are pretty fun.
    overall an extremely good game and one of my favorites. it has the best multiplayer to date!! the campaighn is also pretty good, if you want a multiplayer game buy this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  86. Oct 31, 2013
    Melhor jogo de guerra ja criado, muito bom, inovador e realista.
    Título obrigatório para quem gosta de FPS.

-------------

Best war game already created, very good, innovative and realistic.
    Must for anyone who enjoys FPS.
  87. Oct 27, 2013
    If you enjoy playing with 63 snipers per game, you should buy this game.

Snipers are extremely overpowered, and no one plays anything else than sniper.
  88. Oct 24, 2013
    Battlefield 3 is the only game defining, mind blowing game that truly defines a modern first-person shooter game by date.

The variety of weapons, vehicles and seemingly, customization options with Battlefield 3 Premium really allows the player to play to his or her's fullest. Premium is definitely worth its price, with all access to the 5 expansions packs in the game. Like many

Like many others, the Singleplayer and co-op is really broken, and unpolished. This definitely lead to the lower scores given by critics and us, true gamers.

Stick with multiplayer, you'll love the BF franchise, trust me. I was once a CoD player. When i came over, i decided to upgrade my PC just for this game. And i've also played full 15 days of BF4 beta, reordered the full game.

I know i should leave other (sceptical)games out in a review, but there's no point in buying CoD: Ghosts... Seriously, just think of it..
  89. Oct 21, 2013
    For you people saying that single-player doesn't effect the score of a multiplayer-focused game, you're WRONG! It matters, because it is included in the game package. And, most of you know that the campaign of this game is below average. It's all through cliche and leaves a bad taste to the single-player fans, such as me. But, when we hear the name "Battlefield", we all think for theFor you people saying that single-player doesn't effect the score of a multiplayer-focused game, you're WRONG! It matters, because it is included in the game package. And, most of you know that the campaign of this game is below average. It's all through cliche and leaves a bad taste to the single-player fans, such as me. But, when we hear the name "Battlefield", we all think for the epicness of it's multiplayer.
    The multiplayer is heart-pounding, intense fun. Being skeptical for the multiplayer, but it actually achieving to be the level that Bad Company 2 was, is surprising. Huge battles, deep weapon customization, awesome visuals, realistic sound design and intense dog fights immediately make the game superbly enjoyable. The only complain I can give about the multiplayer is that there are a some balancing issues.
    Battlefield 3 is a multiplayer masterpiece, and a single-player mess. But the single-player, while effecting the game score, it wont put down the game when it has intense multiplayer matches. (Final Score: 8.30)

P.S: I didn't play the co-op, because I'm focusing on other games recently)
  90. Oct 19, 2013
    Good game. Great multiplayer didn't even try the single player. Just when one side gets pinned down at spawn, it pretty much stays that way. Need some way to fix that.
  91. atd
    Oct 11, 2013
    Well DICE is on the wrong horse: called EA

The Winner of the worst company trophy in the past 4 years in the row! The game is all about milking the customers! DICE wants your money or the game, but not your feedback's or criticism! On ''Battlelog froum'' DICE continuously censorship`s most of the negative comments just pathetic! - the worse hit detection ever - poor
    Well DICE is on the wrong horse: called EA

The Winner of the worst company trophy in the past 4 years in the row!

The game is all about milking the customers!

DICE wants your money or the game, but not your feedback's or criticism!

- the worse hit detection ever
    - poor net-code
    - Visual glitches
    - Poor Map designs
    - Cheaters
    - Hackers
    - nubs
  92. Oct 2, 2013
    Finally decided to play the game to see if its any good, well its not. I got a game breaking bug and had to download a savegame to get past it. (airfield bug, you can find it on youtube easy). The game also has audio problems. Missions are annoying at best, you get bounced around different characters and in the end don't know who you are or what's going on any more. If it weren't for theFinally decided to play the game to see if its any good, well its not. I got a game breaking bug and had to download a savegame to get past it. (airfield bug, you can find it on youtube easy). The game also has audio problems. Missions are annoying at best, you get bounced around different characters and in the end don't know who you are or what's going on any more. If it weren't for the bug that breaks the game I would of given it an average score instead of 0. (there are far worse games out there). Expand
  93. Oct 1, 2013
    The single-player is a great cinematic on-rails experience, but utterly forgettable and lacks any depth, challenge or fun. If you see it as more of a tech demo and trainer for the multi-player then you can award a degree of sympathy. So then, multi-player is where the real action is going down, and wow it sounds and looks awesome. Tactically engaging and perilous. The maps are huge whichThe single-player is a great cinematic on-rails experience, but utterly forgettable and lacks any depth, challenge or fun. If you see it as more of a tech demo and trainer for the multi-player then you can award a degree of sympathy. So then, multi-player is where the real action is going down, and wow it sounds and looks awesome. Tactically engaging and perilous. The maps are huge which fantastic for scale, but sometimes you will find yourself roaming around looking for people to shoot. You can pick up a helicopter or jet if you're lucky but good luck trying to control those things from ending up embedded in the terrain, and on fire. Work as a group, squad or team is lots of fun and there can be some genuinely intense fire-fights and tense situations. Sometimes though it's just too much and some of the maps have bottlenecks where everyone convenes upon. Would like to see some AI Bots as an option, so that some of us can get some multi-player practice and get to learn the maps, and a death-cam where you can actually see who shot or killed you would be nice. All told, this is solid and addictive FPS online game. Call of who? Expand
  94. Sep 29, 2013
    I must admit that I'm reviewing only the single player mode- I haven't played any multiplayer. For a single player FPS, the story is pretty decent- the fact that the story is told from multiple points of view is pretty interesting, even if the story itself is sometimes a bit tough to follow. There's a tank level and a fighter jet level thrown into the mix here for really no good reason-I must admit that I'm reviewing only the single player mode- I haven't played any multiplayer. For a single player FPS, the story is pretty decent- the fact that the story is told from multiple points of view is pretty interesting, even if the story itself is sometimes a bit tough to follow. There's a tank level and a fighter jet level thrown into the mix here for really no good reason- they're painfully easy and feature slower gameplay than the FPS levels. With that said, the game itself is not too short but also not too long- I found myself feeling like I was finished with the game just an hour or so before the game was finished. Overall, I wouldn't highly recommend it, but I wouldn't recommend against it either. Expand
  95. Sep 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very good game!Very good graphics,excelent game play,story!I like very much the single player campaign!I like very much also the premium membership multiplayer mode!I don't like some maps in multiplayer such as in Back to Karkand but it is very good game... Expand
  96. Sep 18, 2013
    A must have for any FPS fan. This game truly sets the standard for an exciting multiplayer experience, and a fairly enjoyable single player game as well. Unlike many other games, Battlefield 3 is intuitive in design, and always exciting to play.
  97. Sep 17, 2013
    The excellent multiplayer mode makes up for the generic and boring single player and co-op modes. This game features awesome visuals and sound. One major complaint, especially for the PC version is the Origin DRM as well as Battlelog. Both can be frequently annoying at times.
  98. Sep 15, 2013
    Making a lengthy comment about what exactly sucks in this game would be a pure waste of time so I will make it short. Battlefield 3 is all about visuals and forgetting the most important thing in an FPS game netcode and hit detection. Sure, other online FPS games have their share of problems when it comes to hit detection but never in my twenty five years of gaming have I seen such poorMaking a lengthy comment about what exactly sucks in this game would be a pure waste of time so I will make it short. Battlefield 3 is all about visuals and forgetting the most important thing in an FPS game netcode and hit detection. Sure, other online FPS games have their share of problems when it comes to hit detection but never in my twenty five years of gaming have I seen such poor implementation of it. You will get one-shotted by a shotgun from 100+ meters away which is a huge stretch even for buck ammo and loose a chest to chest fire fight with an MG against a 9mm gun. You will also experience sudden deaths even a second or two after you've reached safe cover because the client-side hit detection system does a poor job of synchronizing what happens on both players sides the one that is shooting and the one that takes cover. How can anyone expect to play a fast action game like an FPS when what I am seeing is not what the other guy sees?

If it wasn't for this huge problem Battlefield 3 would probably get a score around 8/10 or even 9/10 but when you screw up such an important thing like hit detection in a game that is primarily meant to be played in multiplayer... Well.. 3/10 for me.
  99. Sep 13, 2013
    Battlefield 3 is an absolute joy to play, but only on multiplayer. The campaign is not very interesting, and the co op felt like grinding my way through hoards of enemies as they blindly run into your fire.

Multiplayer however is truly excellent. The maps offer great exploration of combat across the four classes if you are playing conquest. There will be significant advantages to being certain classes over others depending on your situation, so strategy and choosing your battles is key to your success. I found some bases far better suited for some classes over others, such as the Military Outpost on the Oil Field was brilliant for engineers because of the plethora of tanks that visit it. Snipers have proved their worth too with the MAV at their side. Spot enemies with it and your team will be destroying the enemy before too long. It hilarious sometimes how useful the MAV is. Soldiers and Support Gunners are so very useful too for front line combat and for the longevity of your battles. Soldiers can revive you, keep your health up, whilst support gunners can keep the ammo coming in and surpress the enemy.

The best thing about this game is the sound design and sound mixing. The amount of processing that goes into the sound is flabbergasting. Low pass filters on the whole mix when you die, reverb wet and dry signal changes depending on location and distance, and side chain compression for extremely loud noises over the ambience. Absolutely amazing, and not seen in other shooters surprisingly. This may be because the sound is very processor intensive, so console games will not be able to reproduce the same fidelity on slower systems.
  100. Sep 12, 2013
    Best First Person Shooter Video Game of 2011 for me! This game is a major beast. This game is even better than Saints Row The Third. This game also surpasses its previous successors. The PC controls are easier to control.One of my favourite games of all time. This game is very worth buying. Its a must try for all PC gamers.
  101. Oct 25, 2011
    great game single player amazing, multiplayer also amazing. so much better than the beta this is a great game and i think dice have really outdone themselves

It's all a matter of taste, after all. They each provide a certain type of entertainment – when talking about Battlefield 3, it involves a bigger game, more open in its possibilities and more spectacular. But on a longer timeline, less frantic and with fewer Bruce Willis scenes than the mass appeal beast it set itself to dethrone.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 20, 2012
    No, Battlefield 3 is not the best game of today. But good looking – definitely. It also has an absolutely addictive multiplayer. Who needs more? [Dec 2011]
  3. PC PowerPlay
    Dec 4, 2011
    Both a triumphant leap forward and a return to form for the Battlefield series. This is the best multiplayer shooter on PC. [Christmas 2011, p.58]